PDA

View Full Version : Steph Curry vs Jeremy Lin

SacJB Shady
03-21-2012, 03:02 AM
Although Im a Lin fan, Curry is on my team. Who's better? More importantly, who would you pick for your team?

ClutchOver9000
03-21-2012, 03:03 AM
honestly, guy, stop w/ the Lin threads

Magic bird
03-21-2012, 03:21 AM
A good question, Curry is a really pure point guard but hes ankle is a BIG problem. Lin is a very elite attacker but has a rather poor assist-turnover ratio, i recall one game he had 7 assists and 6 turnovers.. Hes defence is poor and he cannot defend elites like Rondo, Westbrook, Rose etc.

Clutch
03-21-2012, 03:29 AM
I would pick the one who can actually get on the floor.

qrich
03-21-2012, 03:33 AM
Gimme Curry.

InspiredLebowski
03-21-2012, 03:34 AM
what's the financial state of my franchise?

wally_world
03-21-2012, 05:45 AM
Curry longterm, the sky is his ceiling, if he pans out he'll be a 20/10 PG

spiegel
03-21-2012, 06:07 AM
Curry ha superstar written all over him.Curry

kurple
03-21-2012, 08:06 AM
curry

Tmuston Beltics
03-21-2012, 08:07 AM
Wtf .. Man.. :biggums:

03-21-2012, 08:27 AM
I'm a Lin fan but Curry will be the better player in the long run.

ralph_i_el
03-21-2012, 08:37 AM
curry is much more talented. He already shoots legendary percentages too

1rkrage
03-21-2012, 09:03 AM
Curry ha superstar written all over him.Curry
yeah but he ate a lot of cheeseburgers

niko
03-21-2012, 09:06 AM
Curry is a franchise killer, talented enough that you refuse to get rid of him but injured all the time. You'll waste seasons waiting on that guy because of his talent.

Nick Young
03-21-2012, 09:10 AM
Curry, the best shooter in the league >>>Turnoversanity

The Ownage
03-21-2012, 09:11 AM
Assuming both are healthy I'll take Curry. He can be one of the best PG in the league AND one of the best SG, depending on how you wanna use him. Not many players are as talented as that.

IamRAMBO24
03-21-2012, 09:54 AM
Seriously Curry?

What is the criteria? Shooting? That's it.

ISH posters are f*ckin generic.

Lin > Curry

Leadership - C'mon 2 superstars on the team and Lin already looks like a leader.

Play initiator - nobody ever talks about this, but this is the reason why Barkley said Stockton was the player he feared the most, even more than Jordan. Like Jordan, Curry is more talented putting the basket in the bucket, but Stockton (Lin) could beat a team by running a machine. That's the difference.

Pure point guards are rare to come - there are literally a player like Curry on every team (shoot first) and rarely a player like Lin (pure PG). Lin has the maturity and intelligence of a veteran guard; he reads the defense and paces the game like a master sensei, something Curry cannot do.

Chucking up shots blindly only requires the thinking of a 5 year old while basketball IQ and leadership could take an entire lifetime.

This is what separates the greats from the scrubs; Lin is already showing signs of this, Curry hasn't.

kumquat
03-21-2012, 10:09 AM
Curry not even close to being a question. End this troll thread.

IamRAMBO24
03-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Curry not even close to being a question. End this troll thread.

Anyone who uses the word "troll" blatantly is a sensitive little cry baby. *PERIOD*

P.S. Sorry gotta call out these whiners.

plUto or bUst
03-21-2012, 10:21 AM
Shooting : Curry by a pretty big margin
Passing : Lin by a hair
Turnovers: Curry (less turnovers)
Penetration: Lin
Defense: Lin
Leadership / Intangibles: Lin

Pretty close, but give me the guy who doesn't make me worry that he'll snap his own ankles every time he does a crossover.

IamRAMBO24
03-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Shooting : Curry by a pretty big margin
Passing : Lin by a hair
Turnovers: Curry (less turnovers)
Penetration: Lin
Defense: Lin
Leadership / Intangibles: Lin

Pretty close, but give me the guy who doesn't make me worry that he'll snap his own ankles every time he does a crossover.

Thumbs up for a more fair assessment.

Basketball IQ and leadership is something that nobody ever takes into consideration but is hands down the most important element for a winning team.

When Lin is on the floor, you can see it clearly he is in charge. When the ball is not in his hands, the team functions totally different.

Leadership > Chucking shots

Godzuki
03-21-2012, 10:35 AM
Lin of course :pimp:

i don't think Curry will ever stay healthy or live up to his potential.

June1026
03-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Can Curry wave off Amare and Melo like it's nobody's business, Lin already improved his TOs and D, given that Curry's shooting is a huge advantage, but there really isn't anything else that sticks out for curry, Lin has a really good mid range game, is a better attacker, is more durable, is a better defender already, and is more vocal leading the team.

Dengness9
03-21-2012, 12:34 PM
Curry is a franchise killer, talented enough that you refuse to get rid of him but injured all the time. You'll waste seasons waiting on that guy because of his talent.

Interesting point

theaussieguy
03-21-2012, 01:44 PM
Interesting point

It is a good point and i just figured out the real reason why franchises keep these players. Same thing with yao ming. I mean you just know a lost cause when u see one and Curry definately is. I mean he has chronic ankle injuries the dude is a write off, in the same class as Brandon Roy and Odon.

Anyway the reason they keep these players is because they actually make more money as a business keeping these superstars, especially if they play (even if they don't off jersey sales etc). Pretty obvious when u think about it.

christian1923
03-21-2012, 01:52 PM
the yellow one

strifed169
03-21-2012, 02:22 PM
Lin has all-star potential and even 1st team defense! ya, I said it, he's a rookie and even though he was lit up by opposing elite PGs most of the fault lied on the bigs that were backing him up in the paint and not hedging on screens.

Lately Lin has been playing excellent 1on1 defense and nearly shut down Rose, in the last game he showed how much he improved defensively when he guarded Calderon, he also likes to contest and help on defense alot with double teams and has the hands of a thief.

So taking Lin over Curry is a no brainer, Lin is growing as a player , gettign experience and still trying to tap into his full potential which was probably the Linsanity stretch, but I think he can be alot more, hes a hard worker and I see him being a force defensively as well.

Whoah10115
03-21-2012, 02:26 PM
I do think there are similarities in the two. I've heard them both compared to Nash, Lin is closer, because he is a true PG. They have that one Nash penetration. That motion is similar. But that's about it. Curry is an elite shooter like Nash. That's about it.

Curry is more of a 2 who can play the point. If he plays the point he should have another playmaker (like Monta) with him. But it would also help to have a a center to dictate the half-court offense, like will hopefully happen if Bogut is healthy.

kurple
03-21-2012, 02:26 PM
i cant believe some people actually think Lin is better than Curry

FKAri
03-21-2012, 02:31 PM
i cant believe some people actually think Lin is better than Curry

I think they're comparing him the way one would compare Brandon Roy to Nick Young.

Miserio
03-21-2012, 02:38 PM
A good question, Curry is a really pure point guard but hes ankle is a BIG problem. Lin is a very elite attacker but has a rather poor assist-turnover ratio, i recall one game he had 7 assists and 6 turnovers.. Hes defence is poor and he cannot defend elites like Rondo, Westbrook, Rose etc.
What about Curry? He's just as bad defensive player.

June1026
03-21-2012, 02:51 PM
I think they're comparing him the way one would compare Brandon Roy to Nick Young.

Curry as Nick Young and Lin as Prime/Healthy Roy?

midatlantic09
03-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Is this a serious question????

The answer is Curry.

plUto or bUst
03-21-2012, 04:09 PM
Is this a serious question????

The answer is Curry.

I love how Curry supporters are dismissing this thread offhand as ridiculous without giving any reasons, while Lin supporters are actually giving concrete arguments as to why they would take Lin.

Would you break the mold and state your reasons why you would take Curry over Lin?

brwnman
03-21-2012, 04:50 PM
I love how Curry supporters are dismissing this thread offhand as ridiculous without giving any reasons, while Lin supporters are actually giving concrete arguments as to why they would take Lin.

Would you break the mold and state your reasons why you would take Curry over Lin?

Yes because Curry supporters know Curry is the better player. Whereas Lin supporters need to justify their support, because they know themselves that Curry is the better themselves. They need a reason to troll. Some guy just called Lin a rookie. We're supposed to take them seriously? Curry is the better playmaker, and a far superior player overall. It's injuries that have hindered his development this year...

bdreason
03-21-2012, 04:55 PM

Because Curry has been playing elite level Basketball in both the NCAA and NBA for YEARS, while Lin has been an NBA starter for a few weeks.

And even given the small sample size, Curry still crushes Lin. People don't realize Curry is statistically one of the best players in the NBA. People go all crazy when Lin puts up 20/10 (with 8 TO's)... while Curry posts far superior games that nobody talks about.

36/7/7/2 on 77% with 6 3-pointers, and only 1 TO
29/5/12/2 on 71% with 3 3-pointers and only 3 TO's
36/4/6/2 on 62% with 6 3-pointers and only 2 TO's

These are the type of games Curry has posted this season, yet aren't even mentioned on ESPN. He was even better last season.

June1026
03-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Yes because Curry supporters know Curry is the better player. Whereas Lin supporters need to justify their support, because they know themselves that Curry is the better themselves. They need a reason to troll. Some guy just called Lin a rookie. We're supposed to take them seriously? Curry is the better playmaker, and a far superior player overall. It's injuries that have hindered his development this year...

and this is a comparison with all things considered, and that includes durability, averaging 5 assists on the fastest paced team does not make him a better playmaker. Lin is a better attacker, better d, better leader, like I said, other than shooting, Curry doesn't have anything that sticks out for him.

Yanch856
03-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Lin!!

bdreason
03-21-2012, 05:02 PM
and this is a comparison with all things considered, and that includes durability, averaging 5 assists on the fastest paced team does not make him a better playmaker. Lin is a better attacker, better d, better leader, like I said, other than shooting, Curry doesn't have anything that sticks out for him.

Warriors aren't even top 10 in pace this season, while the Knicks are 3rd. Everything else you said is nonsense as well... but I'm sure you know that.

June1026
03-21-2012, 05:04 PM
Warriors aren't even top 10 in pace this season, while the Knicks are 3rd. Everything else you said is nonsense as well... but I'm sure you know that.

Except they are in the top 10 idiot.

bdreason
03-21-2012, 05:07 PM
Except they are in the top 10 idiot.

They are 12th... and you claimed they were #1... idiot.

June1026
03-21-2012, 05:13 PM
They are 12th... and you claimed they were #1... idiot.

They are #1 over his three seasons there. and they are in the top 10 this year, did you fail math in kindergarden?

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/paceFactor

brwnman
03-21-2012, 05:13 PM

This comparison is whos better and who would you have on your team?

And in both cases, it's curry.

Curry is a better playmaker. Just because you play in a fast-paced team, doesn't mean you'll have more assists.

Take Joe Johnson for example, his highest average in assists for a season playing with phoenix was 4.4 (lower than his career average); first year he came to atlanta, he averaged 6.5. It's all about having the opportunity to handle the ball and being able to make decisions. Curry has always had Monta, and Monta has one of the highest usage rates in the NBA year in and year out. You can say Lin is a better attacker, but none of it matters if it isn't efficient (Milt Palacio was a better defender and a better attacker than Steph Curry). Lin shoots a worse percentage, averages more turnover, Curry shoots ft at a higher clip and Curry has improved his percentages every year in the league and unfortunately this year has been a wash for him due to injuries.

Lin at his best, has the potential to be an above average PG. Curry has the potential of being a perennial all-star...

bdreason
03-21-2012, 05:19 PM
They are #1 over his three seasons there. and they are in the top 10 this year, did you fail math in kindergarden?

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/paceFactor

Did you fail in logic? Your whole argument was that Curry only puts up stats because of team pace... while Lin's team plays at a higher pace...

What point are you even trying to make?

And Warriors are tied for 9th, but adjusted to 12th for efficiency reasons (less TO's, higher FG%, etc.). That means there are 11 teams in the NBA that play at a higher pace (less efficiently) than the Warriors.

plUto or bUst
03-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Because Curry has been playing elite level Basketball in both the NCAA and NBA for YEARS, while Lin has been an NBA starter for a few weeks.

And even given the small sample size, Curry still crushes Lin. People don't realize Curry is statistically one of the best players in the NBA. People go all crazy when Lin puts up 20/10 (with 8 TO's)... while Curry posts far superior games that nobody talks about.

These are the type of games Curry has posted this season, yet aren't even mentioned on ESPN. He was even better last season.

Finally, someone gives reasons that you can actually argue about.

Let's ignore NCAA because that has no relevance to who is better in the NBA. Curry has been doing it for years so he gets the nod when it comes to who is more proven.

This year, it is actually statistically very close.

In less minutes, Lin is averaging more

assists: 6.4 vs 5.3,
steals: 1.6 vs 1.5

while Curry has the edge in

FG% 46 vs 49
3FG% 34 vs 46
Turnover to assist ratio: 2.12 vs 1.78

The both sport similar PERs: Lin 21.06 to Curry 21.54

I don't see how Curry "crushes" Lin statistically.

bdreason
03-21-2012, 05:30 PM
Curry both passes and scores more efficiently than Lin. He's also far more difficult to guard and gameplan for, because he's one of the best shooters in the NBA. You can't just go under ever screen, for example.

And I don't want to see per minute stat totals, because the Knicks have the 3rd highest pace in the league, and outside of the last 4 games, were playing Dantoni ball i.e. give the ball to Lin and go. Curry would average double-digit assists, while still being more efficient under that same system IMO (just like Nash was).

And let's not forget this is a down season for Curry, probably the worst of his career, because of constant ankle sprains.

selrahc
03-21-2012, 05:31 PM
curry cannot stay healthy. lin.

June1026
03-21-2012, 05:32 PM
This comparison is whos better and who would you have on your team?

And in both cases, it's curry.

Curry is a better playmaker. Just because you play in a fast-paced team, doesn't mean you'll have more assists.

Take Joe Johnson for example, his highest average in assists for a season playing with phoenix was 4.4 (lower than his career average); first year he came to atlanta, he averaged 6.5. It's all about having the opportunity to handle the ball and being able to make decisions. Curry has always had Monta, and Monta has one of the highest usage rates in the NBA year in and year out. You can say Lin is a better attacker, but none of it matters if it isn't efficient (Milt Palacio was a better defender and a better attacker than Steph Curry). Lin shoots a worse percentage, averages more turnover, Curry shoots ft at a higher clip and Curry has improved his percentages every year in the league and unfortunately this year has been a wash for him due to injuries.

Lin at his best, has the potential to be an above average PG. Curry has the potential of being a perennial all-star...

How is he an inefficient attacker? shooting 46% at PG damn efficient, (not to mention his numbers include the 2 min per game stints he got where he didn't have any confidence). and Curry does not shoot a higher clip at ft, the guy averages less than 2 ft attempt this season, while Lin, since he got the starting job, is shooting at 8 attempts per game (that's top of the league numbers), that's putting pressure on D, and he always get the other team in the penalty early. And he's already an above average PG, what you smoking? Lin will be in the starting line up at the all-star game before Curry ever get anywhere close.

Whoah10115
03-21-2012, 05:46 PM

See, this makes sense. I've been a big Curry fan since he became a name in college. He's great.

Lin is a better traditional playmaker and passer. He's a much better defender.

Curry is not a true PG. I still think he's closer to a 2guard, but it all depends on what kind of team you have. He'll be an all-time shooter. He can be a better scorer and has an incredible feel for the game, tho Lin has a very good feel himself.

But people are acting like Lin has nothing to offer. Like players just show up and put up those numbers and take a team playing like shit and give them a great record during his time as the starter, while clearly being their best player during that stretch.

And Knick fans have to justify him being more than a marginal NBA player? Some people are painfully stupid.

scm5
03-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Steph Curry is the better player. He's got great basketball skills.

It seems like Lin plays a lot harder than Curry. I love Steph Curry, but if he played as hard as Lin, he would be an All-Star already. Lin seems like he never takes a play off and is always looking to do something.

Lin has heart.

brwnman
03-21-2012, 06:02 PM
How is he an inefficient attacker? shooting 46% at PG damn efficient, (not to mention his numbers include the 2 min per game stints he got where he didn't have any confidence). and Curry does not shoot a higher clip at ft, the guy averages less than 2 ft attempt this season, while Lin, since he got the starting job, is shooting at 8 attempts per game (that's top of the league numbers), that's putting pressure on D, and he always get the other team in the penalty early. And he's already an above average PG, what you smoking? Lin will be in the starting line up at the all-star game before Curry ever get anywhere close.

I never said his percentages are inefficient. I was saying his attack game is inefficient, alluding to the turnover percentages, also comparing his efficiency on offense to Steph Curry's efficiencies.

As for average/above average PG. I do think he is slightly above average and will improve a bit just as he learns the defenses of the NBA, but I don't see him in the upper tier. He can start in the all-star game, but it won't be because of his play.

Other PGs that I believe are better than Lin?

Rose
Paul
Deron
Wall
Parker
Nash
Westbrook
Rondo
Irving
Curry (steph obviously)
Monta (if he plays point, but right now he's playing SG)
Lawson (I think that's a better comparison but I believe Lawson is the better PG)
Calderon (he is a system PG, put him in the right system and he'll excel - I don't have a problem with people believing he's worse than Lin; it's definitely arguable)

Just with that count, I got 13, which puts Lin ... well around league average or slightly above the league average; just as I said. He is not in the top tier of PGs, or the second tier, he's around the third tier...

Shih508
03-21-2012, 06:08 PM

how many of those games did warriors end up with W? that's the difference between lin an curry right there

miles berg
03-21-2012, 06:18 PM
Curry is a much better player but he can't ever stay healthy. Have to go with Lin simply because he stays on the court.

pnyozzzoo
03-21-2012, 06:19 PM
Rose = better than Lin

Paul = better than Lin

Deron = better than Lin

Wall = better athletic, worse pg skill, worse defense and worse at attack efficiency, I will take Lin for Knick, but = Lin overall

Parker = better than Lin

Nash = better than Lin, but I will not take him over Lin, I think most team will take Lin over Nash because of Defense, future up side and immediate age problem.

Westbrook = better scoring better athletic worse IQ PG skill defense, overall better player, 23 teams will take westbrook over Lin but there are a few team will take Lin over Westbrook, NY is one of them.

Rondo = better than Lin, but himself has his big flaws, shooting and ego may cause problem leading a team as PG, not as clear cut better than Lin as ROSE CPS Deron Parker.

Irving = better scorer, good iq , worse defense and passing. super young and super upside , better than lin by not much.

Curry = the one we are arguing about, as many ppl stated, they will take Lin.
and his injury can be career changing one.

Monta = SG and chucker, cam sore a lot ineffectively, pure PG skill good for a SG but totally worse than Lin.

Lawson = Worse Veteran and have no future up side

Calderon = Lin just whoop his ass twice, average PG who knows how to make
stat sheet looks good, ask Raptors own fans.

brwnman
03-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Wall = better athletic, worse pg skill, worse defense and worse at attack efficiency, I will take Lin for Knick, but = Lin overall
It's a matter of circumstance for him right now. He is young and still learning and has loads of potential. Also, his team is dumb as hell. If he were in a better situation/winning team; this is a foregone conclusion as to who is better.

Nash = better than Lin, but I will not take him over Lin, I think most team will take Lin over Nash because of Defense, future up side and immediate age problem.
Depends where you are with your team. If you are rebuilding? You'd take Lin just because he is young, but MOST TEAMS? that couldn't be further from the truth. If we're arguing about efficiency, steve nash makes both these guys look like a chump. That's a guy who knows how to run the PG spot. Also, defense at the PG spot isn't as important if you've got a big to protect the back end.

Westbrook = better scoring better athletic worse IQ PG skill defense, overall better player, 23 teams will take westbrook over Lin but there are a few team will take Lin over Westbrook, NY is one of them.
NYK would take Westbrook in a heartbeat. There isn't a team in the NBA right now that wouldn't take Westbrook. Also, Westbrook is a great defender himself.

Rondo = better than Lin, but himself has his big flaws, shooting and ego may cause problem leading a team as PG, not as clear cut better than Lin as ROSE CPS Deron Parker.
I agree that he has his flaws in his game, but Rondo is definitely clear cut better than Lin at this point. I guess he is in a system that really helps him out and makes him a clear cut better point guard. He has had consistency issues this year though.

Irving = better scorer, good iq , worse defense and passing. super young and super upside , better than lin by not much.
I don't know if people are overrating Lin's passing or underrating everyone else's passing.

Curry = the one we are arguing about, as many ppl stated, they will take Lin.
and his injury can be career changing one.
Injury is about the only thing that can hold Curry back. He is the better player.

Monta = SG and chucker, cam sore a lot ineffectively, pure PG skill good for a SG but totally worse than Lin.

Monta isn't really that inefficient. He's had a down year this year, but overall he's solid career wise. I agree he's more of a 2-guard, but put him beside a good tall PG and you'll see him average 20+ on 48%+ shooting.

Lawson = Worse Veteran and have no future up side
Did you just call Ty Lawson a veteran? He's 10 months older and is in his third year? Has better career percentages, and was playing at a super high level until the injury bug hit him. No future upside? He is finally starting and George Karl has said that with him their offense is special.

Calderon = Lin just whoop his ass twice, average PG who knows how to make
stat sheet looks good, ask Raptors own fans.
He whooped his ass?
In the game where Lin hit the game winner, here at the stats:

J. Lin 27 Pts, 2 Reb, 11 Ast, 1 Stl 8 TO
9/20 FG 2/2 3PM 7/11 FT
J. Calderon 25 Pts, 7 Reb, 9 Ast, 3 Stl, 1 Blk 4 TO
11/17 FG 3/5 3PM

not even sure if Lin out-played Calderon that game.

Also, this most recent game, this was Calderon's first game back from injury, he still put up a decent 11pts 9 asts.

As for Calderon's game, I mentioned before, he is also a system PG (much like Rondo), put him in the right system and he'll excel. Calderon on the Lakers, Heat, Orlando, etc. Teams with a good defensive big/defensive system will hide Calderon's deficiencies and he'll excel due to his efficiency on the offensive end. He is routinely one of the best in the NBA in assists to turnover ratio, he doesn't get to the line enough, but when he does, he is elite. His career percentages are very good. And as I said, I can see an argument made for Lin, but just from a PG stand-point. Calderon is better at the moment.

I think when someone is calling Lin average or above average, people are taking that as an insult. I don't think there's anything insulting about that. The PG position is just extremely deep in the NBA; probably the deepest in the NBA, maybe tied with the PF spot...

IamRAMBO24
03-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Lin is superior because of his basketball IQ. Sure he is not as skilled as Curry, but if you look at guys like Stockton and Nash neither were they when compare to stars like Iverson and Marbury.

But Stockton and Nash were f*ckin smart: they knew every play, their teammates strengths and weaknesses, and what the defense was going to throw at them. With this incredibly foresight, they have the ability to pace the game and run it like a machine.

Lin is already showing signs of this. The Knicks are putting the ball in his hands to initiate. They're not asking Melo or Amare to do that, they're asking a 23 year old D-Leaguer to basically lead the offense and get other guys involve.

Athleticism can only take a player so far; like Jordan said, basketball is 99& mental and 1% physical. I mean that is coming from the most skilled physical player to ever play the game.

Lin plays smart ball; rarely does he go iso and he is constantly setting his teammates up and looking for a good shot. He doesn't take a lot of bad shots and even thoiugh he turns the ball over, it is a testament to how valuable of a player he is for the team because the defense is doing everything in their power to play the passing lane and trap him.

He works hard and plays every game like it's his last. The kid is just the ultimate teammate and a great asset to any team due to unselfishness and hard work.

Two intangibles Curry does not even come close to in comparison.

brwnman
03-21-2012, 09:22 PM
Lin is superior because of his basketball IQ. Sure he is not as skilled as Curry, but if you look at guys like Stockton and Nash neither were they when compare to stars like Iverson and Marbury.

But Stockton and Nash were f*ckin smart: they knew every play, their teammates strengths and weaknesses, and what the defense was going to throw at them. With this incredibly foresight, they have the ability to pace the game and run it like a machine.

Lin is already showing signs of this. The Knicks are putting the ball in his hands to initiate. They're not asking Melo or Amare to do that, they're asking a 23 year old D-Leaguer to basically lead the offense and get other guys involve.

Athleticism can only take a player so far; like Jordan said, basketball is 99& mental and 1% physical. I mean that is coming from the most skilled physical player to ever play the game.

Lin plays smart ball; rarely does he go iso and he is constantly setting his teammates up and looking for a good shot. He doesn't take a lot of bad shots and even thoiugh he turns the ball over, it is a testament to how valuable of a player he is for the team because the defense is doing everything in their power to play the passing lane and trap him.

He works hard and plays every game like it's his last. The kid is just the ultimate teammate and a great asset to any team due to unselfishness and hard work.

Two intangibles Curry does not even come close to in comparison.

Where is all this coming from? His bball iq is not that great. If anything, he's learning. He makes good adjustments in game from what I've seen him, he turns the ball over a lot in the first and starts playing better the second half as he understands the defense. But there is no way his bball iq should be compared to stockton/nash/etc. He is nowhere close.

Lin does not run the offense like a machine, nor does he know from the outset what the defense is throwing at him.

You have to remember that teams didn't know what he had in his game (hence the early success), they have adjusted since. He's shooting 43% in march and that will go down after tonight's game.

How do you measure intangibles such as playing hard and playing like it's his last? They are in no way measurable and therefore, hold no bearing in this comparison...

IamRAMBO24
03-21-2012, 10:29 PM
Where is all this coming from? His bball iq is not that great. If anything, he's learning. He makes good adjustments in game from what I've seen him, he turns the ball over a lot in the first and starts playing better the second half as he understands the defense. But there is no way his bball iq should be compared to stockton/nash/etc. He is nowhere close.

Lin does not run the offense like a machine, nor does he know from the outset what the defense is throwing at him.

You have to remember that teams didn't know what he had in his game (hence the early success), they have adjusted since. He's shooting 43% in march and that will go down after tonight's game.

How do you measure intangibles such as playing hard and playing like it's his last? They are in no way measurable and therefore, hold no bearing in this comparison...

How do I measure intangibles like hard work? Because it's pretty f*ckin obvious? That's why it's an intangible dumbsh*t. You can't measure it as a stat.

Lin is just one of those players who work hard at his game; the fact he has already improve his dribble out of a double since the Heat game shows how hard he is as a worker in improving his game.

Let me ask you this, if Lin does not have the leadership and IQ to run the Knick's offense, why is he initiating the offense? There are 2 veteran all stars on the team (guys who were team leaders in their past team) and you are telling me this noob is responsible for setting up the offense?

He's a noob. It takes a lot of maturity at such a young stage in his career to even do that, so hence his IQ reminds me of Nash and Stockton.

Give the kid 3 more years to work on his dribble and outside shot and you will see how legit he is as a player.

It's just something that is valuable and it wins games because mentality dictates performance. It took a zen master to teach Jordan how to win with his basketball IQ.

brwnman
03-23-2012, 01:44 AM
How do I measure intangibles like hard work? Because it's pretty f*ckin obvious? That's why it's an intangible dumbsh*t. You can't measure it as a stat.

Lin is just one of those players who work hard at his game; the fact he has already improve his dribble out of a double since the Heat game shows how hard he is as a worker in improving his game.

Let me ask you this, if Lin does not have the leadership and IQ to run the Knick's offense, why is he initiating the offense? There are 2 veteran all stars on the team (guys who were team leaders in their past team) and you are telling me this noob is responsible for setting up the offense?

He's a noob. It takes a lot of maturity at such a young stage in his career to even do that, so hence his IQ reminds me of Nash and Stockton.

Give the kid 3 more years to work on his dribble and outside shot and you will see how legit he is as a player.

It's just something that is valuable and it wins games because mentality dictates performance. It took a zen master to teach Jordan how to win with his basketball IQ.

Curry works hard. He improves his game. It has reflected in his stats, but that doesn't matter, it's just a matter of how hard he works and I'm telling you he works hard. How do I know? Because it's pretty f*cking obvious.

/thread...

Jyap9675
03-23-2012, 05:19 AM
Curry for me, but sometimes he looks like he cant control the team... Like the way cp3 does. But ill still take him anyday.

strifed169
03-23-2012, 05:44 AM
You can't deny the fact that Lin is learning on the fly and adjusting, even in the bad game against the Sixers he was FEARLESS and very rarely picked up his dribble, he was penetrating at will but the collapsing philly defense was too good and they were letting a lot of calls go that game.

He's figured out how to react to hard showings better and has dramatically improved his ft shooting, his worth ethic mentality and drive to win will take him far into the league, further than Curry, so you'd be stupid to take him over Lin at this point and time, 1 is injury prone and reached his peak a while ago the other is tough as nails and has the skill and mindset to develop into a consistent allstar level player.

brwnman
03-23-2012, 09:30 PM
You can't deny the fact that Lin is learning on the fly and adjusting, even in the bad game against the Sixers he was FEARLESS and very rarely picked up his dribble, he was penetrating at will but the collapsing philly defense was too good and they were letting a lot of calls go that game.

He's figured out how to react to hard showings better and has dramatically improved his ft shooting, his worth ethic mentality and drive to win will take him far into the league, further than Curry, so you'd be stupid to take him over Lin at this point and time, 1 is injury prone and reached his peak a while ago the other is tough as nails and has the skill and mindset to develop into a consistent allstar level player.

Curry has reached his peak? Well I guess Lin has reached his peak too then, cause they're both the same age.

so his ft shooting, work ethic and drive to win will take him further.

ft shooting... not a contest. Steph Curry is historically great.

Steph Curry has great work ethic and a great drive to win as well. Just that he plays in the West and didn't have as favorable a schedule that Lin got when he first burst onto the scene.

But I guess Lin didn't have the drive to win tonight, you know, cause they just lost to the Raptors...

GOBB
03-23-2012, 09:32 PM
:oldlol: Taking Lin over John Wall. Stop overrating Lin.

brwnman
03-23-2012, 09:53 PM
:oldlol: Taking Lin over John Wall. Stop overrating Lin.

and Westbrook.

Apparently Lawson is an old veteran, and teams wouldn't take Nash because Lin has better defense...

GOBB
03-23-2012, 09:54 PM
and Westbrook.

Apparently Lawson is an old veteran, and teams wouldn't take Nash because Lin has better defense...

:roll: Holy crap i didnt even finish that list. I stopped at Wall. Terrible poster.

Jyap9675
05-04-2013, 02:30 AM
Bump for lolz.

Iceberg Slim
05-04-2013, 02:40 AM
I've only been here since April and its clear op is the worst poster on here