PDA

View Full Version : this is what happens when you FLOP, Smith hammers Griffin

linZoMourning
03-22-2012, 11:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSlszw4WEgk&feature=player_embedded

you get dropped

Flagrant 2
03-22-2012, 11:16 PM
My favorite part was when the crowd cheered him on when he was walking to the locker room and he waived his hands in the air :rockon:

FKAri
03-22-2012, 11:18 PM
I don't like flopping either but I don't want to hurt the guy. No need to get angry over flopping. It's not the players' fault that they're trying to maximize a broken system. Let there be penalties for this like in soccer. Both during and after the games.

linZoMourning
03-22-2012, 11:30 PM
My favorite part was when the crowd cheered him on when he was walking to the locker room and he waived his hands in the air :rockon:

he just walked right away lmao

iamgine
03-22-2012, 11:30 PM
Should've waited till blake take flight.

Mr. Jabbar
03-22-2012, 11:31 PM
Guys, this is hilarious, the foul was dirty and all but watch closely (second 18) and you'll notice Blake does make a bit of flopping with his left leg while in the air :roll: , he just couldn't resist :oldlol:

Doranku
03-22-2012, 11:34 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Velocirap31
03-22-2012, 11:34 PM
Guys, this is hilarious, the foul was dirty and all but watch closely (second 18) and you'll notice Blake does make a bit of flopping with his left leg while in the air :roll: , he just couldn't resist :oldlol:

Definitely, I don't think he can help it. Why was he lying with his face down afterwards? It wasn't that bad of a hit at all, he could of hopped right up after, but had to lie there like he got shot.

RazorBaLade
03-22-2012, 11:36 PM
holy shit suspend that guy for like 8 games

LA_Showtime
:oldlol: That was awesome. That's what you get for being a bitch, Mr. Griffin.

Oh, and Jason Smith better watch his steps. He's going to get killed next time these teams play, assuming he's not still suspended.

PejaNowitzki
DAMNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Full body-check, would have been cooler if he elbow-jacked him in the head instead.

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/BLAKE-HIT.gif

LA_Showtime
03-22-2012, 11:38 PM
Are there any videos of Griffin flopping from tonight's game, or did Smith just do it on a whim?

jb220
Seems like a flop

IGOTGAME
Exactly how you police flopping.

Phong
03-22-2012, 11:39 PM
Love the spinning in mid-air and leg kick. :applause:

LA_Showtime
03-22-2012, 11:40 PM
Jason Smith should've offered to pick him a hand afterwards. :oldlol:

Mr. Jabbar
03-22-2012, 11:41 PM

right up there with CP3s signature tornado spin, the most deadly moves in todays game

Meticode
03-22-2012, 11:48 PM
That's a good 80s foul right there. Nothing wrong with that. :D

RaininTwos
03-22-2012, 11:51 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Laimbeer would have been proud

Alamo
03-23-2012, 12:06 AM
My goodness. Looked like Blake had one of those New Orleans Saints bounties on his head.

Something about New Orleans

bluechox2
03-23-2012, 12:07 AM
is it me or did blake flop on that , it didnt look like it was really hard

InspiredLebowski
03-23-2012, 12:14 AM
It's a flagrant, but it's really not that bad. Not like Smith knocked him outta the air.

GoldNugg21
03-23-2012, 12:18 AM
Honestly, people really appreciate this? It may not have been "that bad" cause he wasn't airborne when he got hit, and it might be funny cause Blake flops, but sh!t like this has no place in the game of basketball. If you appreciate the game, you should understand this. Putting someone on their ass with a legit play on the ball on a layup is one thing, but this had nothing to do with basketball. I hope the league sends a strong message.

flipogb
03-23-2012, 12:22 AM
there was a legit flagrant foul as well as a legit flop in 1 play, nice

bluechox2
03-23-2012, 12:23 AM
when initial contact occurs, thought of process:
(aka flop arsenal)
do i do 360 vertical leg flip and crash to the floor and roll?
or a 180 fall on the sides till i reach the camera men?
reverse 360 grab his jersey and inflict more presentation of contact?
maybe try something new, 480 in the air, fall flat on my face?

Stern
03-23-2012, 12:24 AM
15 game suspension coming up for the scrub.

konex
03-23-2012, 12:25 AM
Wow. He's gonna miss some games for that. Scrubs don't get away with doing that to stars

shallehalle
03-23-2012, 12:26 AM
look at Lebron when he gets this kind of fouls, he almost never falls, but the player hammering LBJ always falls

noob cake
03-23-2012, 12:26 AM
That is suspension worthy...

I feel like Griffin is going to end his career one day flopping out of control.

305Baller
03-23-2012, 12:29 AM

:D

cotdt
03-23-2012, 12:44 AM
:oldlol: That was awesome. That's what you get for being a bitch, Mr. Griffin.

They need to suspend Blake Griffin for this.

rodman91
03-23-2012, 01:03 AM
He is still acting even after a hard foul. He might be first afro-american ginger get an oscar. Almost like Million Dollar Baby :applause:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=w3sgMuwBqhs#t=296s

no pun intended
03-23-2012, 01:05 AM
He totally deserved it, especially after this play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmwimsRVP8c

qrich
03-23-2012, 01:07 AM
Another retarded thread by a retarded poster. :applause:

talkingconch
03-23-2012, 01:18 AM
Good.

if you notice right when he gets hit, he takes ANOTHER dive if you watch closely. This guy just can't stop lmao...unbelievable

CavaliersFTW
03-23-2012, 01:18 AM
DAMNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Full body-check, would have been cooler if he elbow-jacked him in the head instead.

:roll:

Blake... you had it comin' bro. Every team had to be getting sick and tired of his sh!t, I'm glad someone finally stepped up and took care of business :lol

bmulls
03-23-2012, 01:19 AM
Good.

if you notice right when he gets hit, he takes ANOTHER dive if you watch closely. This guy just can't stop lmao...unbelievable

and then he lays face down on the floor like he just died :facepalm

WeGetRing2012
03-23-2012, 01:22 AM
It's a flagrant, but it's really not that bad. Not like Smith knocked him outta the air.

Exactly Im a Laker fan and what Bynum did to Barea was much worse. If the refs would call techs on Blake excessive taunting after his dunks players wouldn't have a reason to lay him out.

ballinhun8
03-23-2012, 01:25 AM
Good hard foul.

Not at all suspension worthy. Should have been a flagrant 1.

SleepyCorpse
03-23-2012, 01:32 AM

he probably earned himself a extra days suspension for that though :hammerhead:

CavaliersFTW
03-23-2012, 01:33 AM
Honestly, people really appreciate this? It may not have been "that bad" cause he wasn't airborne when he got hit, and it might be funny cause Blake flops, but sh!t like this has no place in the game of basketball. If you appreciate the game, you should understand this. Putting someone on their ass with a legit play on the ball on a layup is one thing, but this had nothing to do with basketball. I hope the league sends a strong message.

STFU p*ssy.

Physical basketball, as seen in the 1980's, was like Rambo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSpcLo4rG3Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSPIQiFAe6U

The game today, is a lousy over dramatic chic-flic - loaded with actresses.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b334/pkflyers/2009/paulPierce1.gif

http://i51.tinypic.com/2uo3thw.gif

I don't want to see a bunch of actresses prancin around the court cause they broke a ****ing nail. Hard fouls belong in basketball. Actresses do not.

Tenchi Ryu
03-23-2012, 01:39 AM
He knew damn well he was gonna get suspended for that shit, and knowing the Hornets ain't going anywhere this year, what the hell he has to lose?

Plus, thats how you take care of severe floppers....Give dat ass something to really fall from....
:applause: :applause: :applause:

linZoMourning
03-23-2012, 01:40 AM
Another retarded thread by a retarded poster. :applause:

you have the only negative post out of tons of people in here. that says alot about you.

qrich
03-23-2012, 01:58 AM
you have the only negative post out of tons of people in here. that says alot about you.

21.38 posts a day with hardly anything of substance.

Says a lot about you.

linZoMourning
03-23-2012, 02:01 AM
21.38 posts a day with hardly anything of substance.

Says a lot about you.

:mad: :mad: :mad: why you mad tho

pay attention to your own life being a clipper fan you need to give that team all the support they can get :yaohappy: :yaohappy:

qrich
03-23-2012, 02:03 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: why you mad tho

pay attention to your own life being a clipper fan you need to give that team all the support they can get :yaohappy: :yaohappy:

Not mad, entertained. Being mad at this would be like being mad at Borat :oldlol:

linZoMourning
03-23-2012, 02:05 AM
Not mad, entertained. Being mad at this would be like being mad at Borat :oldlol:

bro you and clipper darrell got alot more in common then you think :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

winnnaz
03-23-2012, 02:13 AM
F*ckin dog.
Lucky he didn't injure him.

And how does flopping have anything to do with someone getting hip and shouldered on the way to the rim?

qrich
03-23-2012, 02:13 AM
bro you and clipper darrell got alot more in common then you think :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

We are both hardcore Clipper fans and were going for LBSU in NC2A. That's about it.

"Jesus"
03-23-2012, 02:17 AM
F*ckin dog.
Lucky he didn't injure him.

And how does flopping have anything to do with someone getting hip and shouldered on the way to the rim?

So he knows the difference between a foul and a flop. :confusedshrug:

Clippersfan86
03-23-2012, 02:18 AM
Wow at all the people defending this with "Good he deserved it" and sh** like that. It was not even close to a basketball play, therefor doesn't belong in the game of basketball. I'm a fan of hard fouls as long as they are related to defense and another team is clowning.. or needs to get sent a message. Players constantly cheap shotting Griffin with plays like this without going for the ball though? Unacceptable.

If this was happening to your star player regularly (don't say it does either because nobody besides Griffin get's these cheapshots all the time) you would be pissed too. If Kobe, Wade, Durant, Lebron were constantly getting laid out... it would be big drama. Yet it happens to Griffin it's "Good.. he deserves it?" :facepalm

LemonMan
03-23-2012, 02:19 AM
Do you realize how retarded you sound

ImmortalNemesis
03-23-2012, 02:23 AM
I feel like most of the posters supporting the hard foul are Griffin haters. That was obvious hard foul. It was a cheap shot and Blake could have been severely injured if the foul had taken place in the air. Griffin flops but there's a line and the New Orleans player crossed it. He probably didn't want to hurt him, just wanted to send a message. But still, you have to realize hard fouls can injure a player especially if he's a high flyer. Why are you guys saying he deserved it? Someone explain it to me in the context of the game.

CavaliersFTW
03-23-2012, 02:31 AM
Wow at all the people defending this with "Good he deserved it" and sh** like that. It was not even close to a basketball play, therefor doesn't belong in the game of basketball. I'm a fan of hard fouls as long as they are related to defense and another team is clowning.. or needs to get sent a message. Players constantly cheap shotting Griffin with plays like this without going for the ball though? Unacceptable.

If this was happening to your star player regularly (don't say it does either because nobody besides Griffin get's these cheapshots all the time) you would be pissed too. If Kobe, Wade, Durant, Lebron were constantly getting laid out... it would be big drama. Yet it happens to Griffin it's "Good.. he deserves it?" :facepalm

:facepalm

Stop bein a ph@ggot. Blake deserved it.

CavaliersFTW
03-23-2012, 02:32 AM
I feel like most of the posters supporting the hard foul are Griffin haters. That was obvious hard foul. It was a cheap shot and Blake could have been severely injured if the foul had taken place in the air. Griffin flops but there's a line and the New Orleans player crossed it. He probably didn't want to hurt him, just wanted to send a message. But still, you have to realize hard fouls can injure a player especially if he's a high flyer. Why are you guys saying he deserved it? Someone explain it to me in the context of the game.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls6016h6fR1qa8pclo1_400.gif

Tenchi Ryu
03-23-2012, 02:33 AM

And Bill Laimbeer was on NBA TV loving that shit....

Proves NBA is too damn soft nowadays....none of these fools would survive in the 80s-90s

ImmortalNemesis
03-23-2012, 02:41 AM

F*ck off with your biased bullshit. He probably deserved it. I didn't watch the game so I'm asking. Why do you think he deserved it? Regardless that was a cheap shot. Griffin could have been injured if the foul had taken place in mid-air. This thread would be getting different replies if Griffin had been injured. The foul is no different than Bynum's foul on Barrea last year. In fact, this was foul was even dirtier.

blacknapalm
03-23-2012, 02:45 AM
what that vid didn't show: it was getting chippy beforehand and blake was being cheap as well. earlier in the game, young dunked on smith. smith got a lot of ball and it was clean but young was able to push it over the cylinder anyway. griffin was close by and basically walked over smith and started talking crap. why do that? is that a basketball play?

it's not even the flopping that most bugs me about griffin. it's his mean muggin for no reason. he mean mugs anybody that tries to defend him and it's just chicken $hit. this dude dunks on a scrub and stares him down. why? malone rarely ever did that. he'd let his dunk do the talking and walk off. nothing else to be done. it's so irritating and you know other players are seeing that too. when he's not mean muggin, he's whining to the refs

also, he tried to say he doesn't let other players score in between plays but he always does it too, or he tries to take the ball away. when he tries to score and the other team doesn't let him, he throws a hissy fit and gets all emotional. it works both ways dude...stop being such a b1tch. how can you be so hypocritical that you say you won't let the other team score in between the ball being taken out yet you try to do it all the time and cop a tantrum when it happens to you?

CavaliersFTW
03-23-2012, 02:54 AM
And Bill Laimbeer was on NBA TV loving that shit....

Proves NBA is too damn soft nowadays....none of these fools would survive in the 80s-90s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSpcLo4rG3Q&t=14s

If Blake mean mugged Laimbeer, Mahorn, or Rodman his sh!t would get f_cked up in an instant. This fake-tough sh!t is ridiculous in the NBA today, nobody is around to set them straight either. If it was the 1980's the moment Blake even thought about flopping around like a little girl several knees, elbows, bodies, and fists would come out of nowhere with force - to assist his flop. He wouldn'tt need to act anymore, they'd make his pain look real legit.

blacknapalm
03-23-2012, 03:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSpcLo4rG3Q&t=14s

If Blake mean mugged Laimbeer, Mahorn, or Rodman his sh!t would get f_cked up in an instant. This fake-tough sh!t is ridiculous in the NBA today, nobody is around to set them straight either. If it was the 1980's the moment Blake even thought about flopping around like a little girl several knees, elbows, bodies, and fists would come out of nowhere with force - to assist his flop. He wouldn'tt need to act anymore, they'd make his pain look real legit.

yep, and they'd be setting hard picks, throwing in subtle elbows and trips...point is, his flopping would subside to avoid all that. like i said, his mean muggin and incessant whining annoy me way more than the flopping. take it as whole package? even more unappealing

Flagrant 2
03-23-2012, 03:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7r6vXeOfyQ

InspiredLebowski
03-23-2012, 03:06 AM

If this was happening to your star player regularly (don't say it does either because nobody besides Griffin get's these cheapshots all the time) you would be pissed too. If Kobe, Wade, Durant, Lebron were constantly getting laid out... it would be big drama. Yet it happens to Griffin it's "Good.. he deserves it?" :facepalmGriffin and the Clippers clown around ALL the time. It's a major reason why they aren't any kind of legitimate threat. When it happens over and over there's a reason, and it's not guys worried about getting dunked on.

CavaliersFTW
03-23-2012, 03:18 AM

Blake and all the fake-tough guys scattered about today's NBA would honestly not survive in 1980's unless they changed their habits. You weren't allowed to express arrogant swag, execute prissy flops, ore make fake mean-mugs in the 80's. You paid the price if you did. I would pay good money to go to twice as many NBA games as I do today if we could see some more violence - I hate this tic tac foul crap, since when did breathing on somebody become a foul? Since when did contesting a shot become a flagrant!?

BlazersDozen
03-23-2012, 03:21 AM
This looked like a normal shot to Jordan everytime he would sniff the paint against the Pistons tbh

bdreason
03-23-2012, 03:25 AM
Easy flagrant 2. I'm guessing at least a 1 game suspension.

I'm all for hard fouls, but you gotta at least make a play on the ball. This isn't Football or Hockey, players aren't prepared to get checked/tackled, and that can lead to serious injuries.

LemonMan
03-23-2012, 03:25 AM

Blake and all the fake-tough guys scattered about today's NBA would honestly not survive in 1980's unless they changed their habits. You weren't allowed to express arrogant swag, execute prissy flops, ore make fake mean-mugs in the 80's. You paid the price if you did. I would pay good money to go to twice as many NBA games as I do today if we could see some more violence - I hate this tic tac foul crap, since when did breathing on somebody become a foul? Since when did contesting a shot become a flagrant!?
You're missing the point dumb****
He made a malicious play that doesn't belong anywhere in this sport under any circumstance
This league has gotten softer over the years but there is no way you can put this in a category with what should be allowed
The dude just put his shoulder down and hit griffin. ***** ass move and he should be suspended for being mentally challenged

bdreason
03-23-2012, 03:28 AM
All you posters talking about "this is what Basketball was like in the 80's and 90's" are fukcing morons. In the 80's and 90's, this would have been a flagrant foul, and ejection.

CavaliersFTW
03-23-2012, 03:30 AM
Easy flagrant 2. I'm guessing at least a 1 game suspension.

I'm all for hard fouls, but you gotta at least make a play on the ball. This isn't Football or Hockey, players aren't prepared to get checked/tackled, and that can lead to serious injuries.

Oh come on. Serious injuries? What is every NBA player made out of glass today? Hard fouls discourage stupid antics on the court like mean-mugging and flopping. If you want to stay healthy play solid basketball - if you want to act like a little girl do so, but its at the risk of your own health. The game was better when it was being policed by the players. Besides that shit was way more entertaining than watching D-Wade go to the free throw line for barreling into an empty lane and flailing his body around as if the guy 8 feet from him just farted on him for the foul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSpcLo4rG3Q&t=1m14s

The NBA used to be a game for men, now its a game for actresses.

blacknapalm
03-23-2012, 03:31 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/YoLeo/smith.jpg

rodman91
03-23-2012, 03:32 AM
That's a hard foul.Flagrant at best. No suspension. But we all know how NBA gone soft so anything can happen. Especially if you are doing to a "money maker"

Defender bumped hard to him. Not a push like Rodman did to Pippen back in day.

bdreason
03-23-2012, 03:33 AM
Oh come on. Serious injuries? What is every NBA player made out of glass today? Hence hard fouls discourage stupid antics on the court like mean-mugging and flopping. If you want to stay healthy play solid basketball - if you want to act like a little girl do so, but its at the risk of your own health. The game was better when it was being policed by the players. Besides that shit was way more entertaining than watching D-Wade go to the free throw line for barreling into an empty lane and flailing his body around as if the guy 8 feet from him just farted on him for the foul.

You are talking about the general 'toughness' of the league, for which I agree. Too many ticky-tack fouls and flopping... that doesn't make this particular play any more legit. Shit, this isn't even a playoff game. It's a meaningless, mid-season game, where a guy decides to make a football tackle in a basketball game.

CavaliersFTW
03-23-2012, 03:34 AM
All you posters talking about "this is what Basketball was like in the 80's and 90's" are fukcing morons. In the 80's and 90's, this would have been a flagrant foul, and ejection.

90's? Yes.

80's? No.

That's not ejection worthy at all in the 80's.

bdreason
03-23-2012, 03:35 AM
The Pistons were constantly fined, suspended, and thrown out of games for their antics as well. :confusedshrug:

InspiredLebowski
03-23-2012, 03:37 AM
That's not ejection worthy period, regardless of era. Flagrant, sure, I can get behind that. That's not a flagrant 2. If Smith did that to Reggie Evans instead of Blake Griffin no one would give a shit.

And Evans would shrug it off, brick his FTs, and rip Smith's nuts off the next time down the floor.

CavaliersFTW
03-23-2012, 03:40 AM
The Pistons were constantly fined, suspended, and thrown out of games for their antics as well. :confusedshrug:

They drew blood, broke peoples noses, picked people up and slammed them into the floorboards... there's a big ****ing difference :roll:

Oh yah, and it was entertaining.

Breathing on a guy to send him to the line is flat out stupid. The NBA needs to loosen it's grip and stop pampering these babies.

ImmortalNemesis
What's the actual definition for a flagrant 2 anyway? Fisher got ejected for his foul on Scola. Bynum got ejected for the elbow to Barrea. So to me, that's a flagrant 2. 2 FTs and ejection.

BlazersDozen
That's not ejection worthy period, regardless of era. Flagrant, sure, I can get behind that. That's not a flagrant 2. If Smith did that to Reggie Evans instead of Blake Griffin no one would give a shit.

And Evans would shrug it off, brick his FTs, and rip Smith's nuts off the next time down the floor.

:bowdown:

bdreason
03-23-2012, 03:44 AM
What's the actual definition for a flagrant 2 anyway? Fisher got ejected for his foul on Scola. Bynum got ejected for the elbow to Barrea. So to me, that's a flagrant 2. 2 FTs and ejection.

A flagrant 2 is usually assessed when there is unnecessary or excessive contact with no play on the ball.

(e)
03-23-2012, 03:45 AM
Definitely not a legit basketball play, but in these circumstances, the Douchebag deserved to get laid out with the amount of flopping and cockiness/arrogance this season

InspiredLebowski
03-23-2012, 03:47 AM
A flagrant 2 is usually assessed when there is unnecessary or excessive contact with no play on the ball.Just like a flagrant 1. It's up to the ref to define "excessive."

bdreason
03-23-2012, 03:49 AM
They drew blood, broke peoples noses, picked people up and slammed them into the floorboards... there's a big ****ing difference :roll:

Oh yah, and it was entertaining.

Breathing on a guy to send him to the line is flat out stupid. The NBA needs to loosen it's grip and stop pampering these babies.

Again, I agree with your general opinion, but using this particular play doesn't make sense to me. It's an obvious flagrant 2 and ejection IMO.

If that's a regular foul, then teams may as well start signing Linebackers, and give them 6 hits (fouls) per game at the other teams best player.

bdreason
03-23-2012, 03:52 AM
Just like a flagrant 1. It's up to the ref to define "excessive."

Actually, if a play on the ball is made, it's usually assessed as a flagrant 1. Only in rare cases where there is excessive contact with the head, is a player who is actually going for the ball assessed a flagrant 2.

Like you said, it's up to the ref, but this is the generally how you see it called.

winnnaz
03-23-2012, 04:03 AM
It's not as if Blake was ready to take a footy style bump in that play. AND he was about to jump off 1 foot.

Having gone through bad injury before, I hate seeing players snipe like this.
That just had the potential to do some real damage.

qrich
03-23-2012, 04:07 AM
Whether you love/hate/are indifferent about Blake, this play is highly dangerous and not a basketball play. It's easily a Flagrant 1 and pretty much a Flagrant 2 as NO play on the ball was made. I'm a fan of hard fouls, even when I officiate, but when no play is made on the ball, in the slightest, it isn't a hard foul, it is a dirty play.

alenleomessi
03-23-2012, 04:23 AM
No wonder Paul left that shitty place with inbred fans

winnnaz
03-23-2012, 04:35 AM
Whether you love/hate/are indifferent about Blake, this play is highly dangerous and not a basketball play. It's easily a Flagrant 1 and pretty much a Flagrant 2 as NO play on the ball was made. I'm a fan of hard fouls, even when I officiate, but when no play is made on the ball, in the slightest, it isn't a hard foul, it is a dirty play.
+1

I can't stand people carrying on about him flopping, being a p*ssy etc
when that play carried the potential for serious injury..u just dont wish that on anyone

Tenchi Ryu
03-23-2012, 04:43 AM
Definitely not a legit basketball play, but in these circumstances, the Douchebag deserved to get laid out with the amount of flopping and cockiness/arrogance this season

SAKOTXA
03-23-2012, 04:50 AM
what that vid didn't show: it was getting chippy beforehand and blake was being cheap as well. earlier in the game, young dunked on smith. smith got a lot of ball and it was clean but young was able to push it over the cylinder anyway. griffin was close by and basically walked over smith and started talking crap. why do that? is that a basketball play?

it's not even the flopping that most bugs me about griffin. it's his mean muggin for no reason. he mean mugs anybody that tries to defend him and it's just chicken $hit. this dude dunks on a scrub and stares him down. why? malone rarely ever did that. he'd let his dunk do the talking and walk off. nothing else to be done. it's so irritating and you know other players are seeing that too. when he's not mean muggin, he's whining to the refs

also, he tried to say he doesn't let other players score in between plays but he always does it too, or he tries to take the ball away. when he tries to score and the other team doesn't let him, he throws a hissy fit and gets all emotional. it works both ways dude...stop being such a b1tch. how can you be so hypocritical that you say you won't let the other team score in between the ball being taken out yet you try to do it all the time and cop a tantrum when it happens to you?
This

rodman91
03-23-2012, 05:01 AM
http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/MorganSt.gif

:cheers:

stolper
03-23-2012, 05:04 AM
Jason Smith is just trying to collect his bounty from Gregg Williams.

Ancient Legend
03-23-2012, 05:05 AM
That tackle on Blake Griffin wasn't safe at all; you know what is safe? The 2012 Kia Optima.

PrimeJohnnyDepp
03-23-2012, 05:22 AM
White, black, asian trash, all gather on ISH it seems :) And in this thread in particular. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLJY-N9QSD8

Trash, trash.

JohnRuck
03-23-2012, 05:22 AM
No wonder Paul left that shitty place with inbred fans
coming from a guy who lives in macedonia.... the worlds leader in commercial sexual exploitation of women and children. :facepalm

Teanett
03-23-2012, 05:28 AM
That tackle on Blake Griffin wasn't safe at all; you know what is safe? The 2012 Kia Optima.

what a flopping bitch.

Clutch
03-23-2012, 05:29 AM

Right on the money

alenleomessi
03-23-2012, 05:41 AM
coming from a guy who lives in macedonia.... the worlds leader in commercial sexual exploitation of women and children. :facepalm
no such thing here probably in albania

Tenchi Ryu
03-23-2012, 05:50 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

qrich
03-23-2012, 05:59 AM

Post of the month, maybe year :cheers:

Doctor Rivers
03-23-2012, 06:04 AM

+1

Doctor Rivers
03-23-2012, 06:04 AM
Clippers are overrated btw

QuebecBaller
03-23-2012, 06:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_wXFvAGmBY&feature=related

Earlier in the game, Kaman attempted to block Blake and while trying he touched the mouth of Blake just a little bit. What Blake is doing after that? Covering his eyes just like if Kaman tried to pulled them out of their socket

He deserved that tackle

Long Live Jason Smith :applause: :applause:

maybeshewill13
03-23-2012, 06:13 AM
Dirty, dirty play from Smith. Hope he gets a decent suspension. There's no place for that in basketball.

La Frescobaldi
03-23-2012, 06:48 AM
I don't like flopping either but I don't want to hurt the guy. No need to get angry over flopping. It's not the players' fault that they're trying to maximize a broken system. Let there be penalties for this like in soccer. Both during and after the games.

When you watch a basketball game, you're watching a sporting event, not a musical like freaking Hairspray or Mamma Mia.

Flopping has none of the spirit of competition, in fact it is lying.

These guys didn't get ejected:

The NBA seriously should call technical fouls on flops. And if the game film supports the referee's call that it was a flop, that guy should be suspended 2 games without pay. I'd be in favor of "3 strikes you're out" on flopping.
It's the most disgusting spectacle in sports.

Looks to me like this guy is doing no more than what Kevin Love did to another notorious con artist earlier this year on the Rockets.

La Frescobaldi
03-23-2012, 06:55 AM
Dirty, dirty play from Smith. Hope he gets a decent suspension. There's no place for that in basketball.

McHale clotheslines Rambis:

no suspensions
Laimbeer clubs Bird:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx_kqvy9nZA

no suspensions

Charles Barkley headlocks Larry Bird so Dr. J can slug him in the face:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77ZdzNuz454

not even a technical called.

I understand you're probably not old enough to watch Dennis Rodman let alone the guys that clubbed each other in the 70s. But that don't make this play grounds for a suspension.

Yung D-Will
03-23-2012, 07:16 AM
http://www.concepttshirts.co.uk/t-shirt-pics/1-foul.jpg

Nickel06
03-23-2012, 07:28 AM
Oh come on. Serious injuries? What is every NBA player made out of glass today? Hard fouls discourage stupid antics on the court like mean-mugging and flopping. If you want to stay healthy play solid basketball - if you want to act like a little girl do so, but its at the risk of your own health. The game was better when it was being policed by the players. Besides that shit was way more entertaining than watching D-Wade go to the free throw line for barreling into an empty lane and flailing his body around as if the guy 8 feet from him just farted on him for the foul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSpcLo4rG3Q&t=1m14s

The NBA used to be a game for men, now its a game for actresses.

Hmm I have and idea for the "tough 80s n 90s" guys here. You take a ball, start running the court full speed for a layup. Im 6'4 260, and im gonna run up beside you full speed, load up and pummel you as hard as i can without goin anywhere near the ball. Tell me NONE of wont be absolutely livid, IF your not hurt first, and you are so full of S*** its coming out your ears!!!!

bigt
03-23-2012, 07:29 AM

:applause: If the rep system was in place I'd shower you in +1's :roll:

Rake2204
03-23-2012, 08:17 AM
McHale clotheslines Rambis:

no suspensions
Laimbeer clubs Bird:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx_kqvy9nZA

no suspensions

Charles Barkley headlocks Larry Bird so Dr. J can slug him in the face:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77ZdzNuz454

not even a technical called.

I understand you're probably not old enough to watch Dennis Rodman let alone the guys that clubbed each other in the 70s. But that don't make this play grounds for a suspension.
First, I'm not sure a suspension would be warranted on that Bill Laimbeer play today (though I understand the possibility of such). Second, that Barkley/Bird/Dr. J brawl, as you well know, occurred when Dick Bavetta's partner (two man crew) went down with a knee injury earlier in the game. As such, there's little doubt this affected one's ability to correctly police the game. Bavetta was more interested in preventing a full-scale riot from breaking out than he was finding each and every single person involved to deliver a technical foul to. Further, what gives you the idea that no technicals were called? Bird and Erving were both ejected, obviously. Further, they were later fined (as were other participants).

The NBA has evolved as a result of the play in the 80's (and parts of the 90's). The NBA in 2012 can't be like it was back then. It'd have been ignorant on the part of everyone involved with the league to watch these full scale brawls sometimes spilling into the stands stemming from dirty fouls and say, "Welp, you know, it's a part of the game. Let's just let it be." The first step was steeper punishments for outright fighting after the Tomjanovich incident in the 70's (steeper is a relative term, the punishment still wasn't very severe).

Then, as time went on, many teams began to stop short of fighting, but began delivering dangerous plays throughout a contest. I love the Bad Boys because I'm a Detroit guy, but I've got no problem admitting they were dirty and I don't fault the league for not wanting that type of tradition to carry on.

I just cannot believe, in good faith, that all of us here would be able to be submarined on a dunk attempt, or removed from Earth like Barea was by Bynum last year, or body checked when preparing for takeoff by a guy with no interest in making a play on the ball and then just stand up and say, "Hey you know what? It's all good. Part of the game."

For the most part, the NBA has met "traditionalists" half way. I'm not entirely sure the NBA has been preventative in this process. They didn't really bring the hammer down on fighting until someone nearly died (Tomjanovich). Then, they didn't begin handing out more severe fighting punishments until bench-clearing brawls became commonplace. Then, they didn't begin really stepping up suspensions until someone ran into the crowd, pummeled fans at random and incited a full-scale riot. So it's not as if the league has attempted to curb dangerous behavior without reason.

Essentially, why would you want a Jason Smith bodycheck to be permissible without punishment? You would want every single player to attack the bucket with great hesitance, wondering if they might be next on someone's hit list? I feel as though embracing that style of play would send the league back to the stone age. A bunch of clods going out of their way to stay below the rim to avoid being taken out by someone who'd see no retribution for their actions. Sure, for some fans it might feel good to see what they believe to be a bad person get some retribution, but a system that'd allow Griffin to get hit without punishment would just as well allow a person like Grant Hill to be dropped in a similar manner, with no repercussions.

FPJ
03-23-2012, 08:28 AM
Mercedes should hire Smith and use him in a comercial where a mercedes bumps into a "nameless" car and that car gets smashed :D (flips a couple times in the air).

La Frescobaldi
03-23-2012, 08:42 AM
First, I'm not sure a suspension would be warranted on that Bill Laimbeer play today (though I understand the possibility of such). Second, that Barkley/Bird/Dr. J brawl, as you well know, occurred when Dick Bavetta's partner (two man crew) went down with a knee injury earlier in the game. As such, there's little doubt this affected one's ability to correctly police the game. Bavetta was more interested in preventing a full-scale riot from breaking out than he was finding each and every single person involved to deliver a technical foul to. Further, what gives you the idea that no technicals were called? Bird and Erving were both ejected, obviously. Further, they were later fined (as were other participants).

The NBA has evolved as a result of the play in the 80's (and parts of the 90's). The NBA in 2012 can't be like it was back then. It'd have been ignorant on the part of everyone involved with the league to watch these full scale brawls sometimes spilling into the stands stemming from dirty fouls and say, "Welp, you know, it's a part of the game. Let's just let it be." The first step was steeper punishments for outright fighting after the Tomjanovich incident in the 70's (steeper is a relative term, the punishment still wasn't very severe).

Then, as time went on, many teams began to stop short of fighting, but began delivering dangerous plays throughout a contest. I love the Bad Boys because I'm a Detroit guy, but I've got no problem admitting they were dirty and I don't fault the league for not wanting that type of tradition to carry on.

I just cannot believe, in good faith, that all of us here would be able to be submarined on a dunk attempt, or removed from Earth like Barea was by Bynum last year, or body checked when preparing for takeoff by a guy with no interest in making a play on the ball and then just stand up and say, "Hey you know what? It's all good. Part of the game."

For the most part, the NBA has met "traditionalists" half way. I'm not entirely sure the NBA has been preventative in this process. They didn't really bring the hammer down on fighting until someone nearly died (Tomjanovich). Then, they didn't begin handing out more severe fighting punishments until bench-clearing brawls became commonplace. Then, they didn't begin really stepping up suspensions until someone ran into the crowd, pummeled fans at random and incited a full-scale riot. So it's not as if the league has attempted to curb dangerous behavior without reason.

Essentially, why would you want a Jason Smith bodycheck to be permissible without punishment? You would want every single player to attack the bucket with great hesitance, wondering if they might be next on someone's hit list? I feel as though embracing that style of play would send the league back to the stone age. A bunch of clods going out of their way to stay below the rim to avoid being taken out by someone who'd see no retribution for their actions. Sure, for some fans it might feel good to see what they believe to be a bad person get some retribution, but a system that'd allow Griffin to get hit without punishment would just as well allow a person like Grant Hill to be dropped in a similar manner, with no repercussions.

This, from a Bad Boy Piston fan? Rodman did that kind of stuff almost on a nightly basis, so did Dantley.

But I catch your point, that Pistons team cost me some of my oldest basketball buddies. Because they stopped watching the NBA forever when the league started allowing that stuff.

Rake2204
03-23-2012, 09:36 AM
This, from a Bad Boy Piston fan? Rodman did that kind of stuff almost on a nightly basis, so did Dantley.

But I catch your point, that Pistons team cost me some of my oldest basketball buddies. Because they stopped watching the NBA forever when the league started allowing that stuff.
Yep, it always feels a little hypocritical on my part. I enjoyed the Bad Boys era and I loved how they were able to win playing their way, representing Detroit to the fullest, but I wouldn't want it to happen again. It was a time in NBA history where that type of stuff happened and logically, the NBA made the same decisions I would have (were I not a Pistons fan).

I think the NBA's idea here is prevention, not punishment for the sake of punishment. After enough moments like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhQyaKWsQy8, the NBA was forced to re-evaluate their system before another Tomjanovich situation occurred. I'm going to sound loony, but what if Pippen were seriously injured on a ridiculous play like that? Do we punish Rodman then? Or do we say, "Hey, part of the game, Pippen knows the risks when he drives to the paint." Flagrant fouls weren't enough to stop players from doing things like that, so punishments escalated.

Are automatic suspensions for leaving the bench during a fight overkill? Perhaps. But I suppose that's what tends to happen when bench-clearing brawls begin to happen with regularity, spilling into the crowd, with the commissioner in attendance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUti7sertHE. Again, the idea is to stop the action from happening. Would players leave the bench if they know they're only facing a $3,500 fine? Yep. If they know they're facing automatic suspensions regardless? For the most part, apparently not.

I feel the NBA today has correctly progressed from where it was before in terms of these Jason Smith type of plays. He's not going to be suspended forever (if he is suspended). But something will probably be handed down that'll make him think twice before turning himself into a modern Laimbeer.

SpecialQue
03-23-2012, 09:56 AM
I just finished the book Tall Tales, and it mentions how Red Auerbach not only punched a ref in the mouth during a game, but also punched the owner of another team during a game.

Imagine if Cuban punched Joey Crawford during a game?

rwfletch22
03-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Jason Smith = :applause:

La Frescobaldi
03-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Yep, it always feels a little hypocritical on my part. I enjoyed the Bad Boys era and I loved how they were able to win playing their way, representing Detroit to the fullest, but I wouldn't want it to happen again. It was a time in NBA history where that type of stuff happened and logically, the NBA made the same decisions I would have (were I not a Pistons fan).

I think the NBA's idea here is prevention, not punishment for the sake of punishment. After enough moments like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhQyaKWsQy8, the NBA was forced to re-evaluate their system before another Tomjanovich situation occurred. I'm going to sound loony, but what if Pippen were seriously injured on a ridiculous play like that? Do we punish Rodman then? Or do we say, "Hey, part of the game, Pippen knows the risks when he drives to the paint." Flagrant fouls weren't enough to stop players from doing things like that, so punishments escalated.

Are automatic suspensions for leaving the bench during a fight overkill? Perhaps. But I suppose that's what tends to happen when bench-clearing brawls begin to happen with regularity, spilling into the crowd, with the commissioner in attendance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUti7sertHE. Again, the idea is to stop the action from happening. Would players leave the bench if they know they're only facing a $3,500 fine? Yep. If they know they're facing automatic suspensions regardless? For the most part, apparently not.

I feel the NBA today has correctly progressed from where it was before in terms of these Jason Smith type of plays. He's not going to be suspended forever (if he is suspended). But something will probably be handed down that'll make him think twice before turning himself into a modern Laimbeer.

man I can't tell.

It's de rigueur to see fights in hockey but the NBA allows flopping.

To me, there's seriously something wrong with that picture.

SpecialQue
03-23-2012, 10:38 AM
man I can't tell.

Hockey fights are different because there's less direct skin-to-skin contact in those fights. Look at what they're wearing...do you think a hockey punch would have the same impact as two basketball players socking each other? Plus there's the whole blood policy after Magic's HIV announcement.

As for flopping, it should result in a tech and the other team getting the ball. I hate that shit, and most flops are obvious if the refs use a replay.

La Frescobaldi
03-23-2012, 10:43 AM
Hockey fights are different because there's less direct skin-to-skin contact in those fights. Look at what they're wearing...do you think a hockey punch would have the same impact as two basketball players socking each other? Plus there's the whole blood policy after Magic's HIV announcement.

As for flopping, it should result in a tech and the other team getting the ball. I hate that shit, and most flops are obvious if the refs use a replay.

I know, I know. But the point remains and you know it.

Flopping should be more than a technical. it should be a suspension.

It's execrable to see a guy like Derek Fisher who is built like a tank and can easily push people around.... fall over backwards in the breeze. Same thing with Griffin or James, only worse.

blablabla
03-23-2012, 10:44 AM
that's a good foul

Dbrog
03-23-2012, 10:47 AM

It's not clean but there also isn't a very high potential to hurt someone the way it happened. I think being thrown out was enough..no suspension needed. MAYBE you could argue 1 or 2 games, but honestly, that's outrageous. I take harder fouls at the rec and it's just ball at the top of the key :confusedshrug:

Rake2204
03-23-2012, 10:49 AM
man I can't tell.

I mean, I see where you're coming from with the hockey mention. Fighting is under constant scrutiny in that sport. However, regardless of how one feels on the hockey matter, I don't think it'd justify the presence of fighting in basketball.

In regards to flopping, the honest truth behind the NBA "allowing" it is that it's nearly impossible to police. As fans, we can step back, watch a play (and four subsequent replays of that play) and yell, "Jeeeeez! What a flop!" but for a league to legitimately hand down fines or technicals to players when they feel they fell a little harder than they think they should have would be opening the floodgates a War & Peace sized book of counter issues.

From what I have seen, most of the flopping accusations made by fans of the NBA come on plays where contact exists, but a player exaggerates the response or allows oneself to be knocked to the ground instead of counteracting with equal force. I think it would be extremely difficult to decide whether the result of contact was truly exaggerated. To me, the only true-to-life, no doubt flops that could be punished would be ones like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4pjJHiqCFE, where it's not a matter of something being exaggerated. Rather, it's a matter of faking something that was never there in the first place.

It's not clean but there also isn't a very high potential to hurt someone the way it happened. I think being thrown out was enough..no suspension needed. MAYBE you could argue 1 or 2 games, but honestly, that's outrageous. I take harder fouls at the rec and it's just ball at the top of the key :confusedshrug:
I agree a suspension shouldn't be in order, as this play occurred on the floor, well before Griffin was even thinking about taking off and featured no intended contact with any of the danger zones (neck, head, knees). An ejection for a ridiculous play seems to suffice here. However, I have to ask, what kind of rec ball are you running in that features folks chasing someone down, lowering the shoulder, making absolutely zero play on the ball, and dropping dude to the ground? Why would you stand for that in rec ball? I'm looking to play ball, not to put money toward my steep deductible because an opponent wanted to make some kind of horrible point.

Blue&Orange
03-23-2012, 10:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyXeeHcaGR0

:biggums: :biggums:

Dbrog
03-23-2012, 10:56 AM
I agree a suspension shouldn't be in order, as this play occurred on the floor, well before Griffin was even thinking about taking off and featured no intended contact with any of the danger zones (neck, head, knees). An ejection for a ridiculous play seems to suffice here. However, I have to ask, what kind of rec ball are you running in that features folks chasing someone down, lowering the shoulder, making absolutely zero play on the ball, and dropping dude to the ground? Why would you stand for that in rec ball? I'm looking to play ball, not to put money toward my steep deductible because an opponent wanted to make some kind of horrible point.

Yaaaa....I don't play there anymore. Some dudes would even try to tell me it wasn't a foul at all, tryin to say im a pu$$y n such. I'm like, :biggums:

Rake2204
03-23-2012, 10:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyXeeHcaGR0

:biggums: :biggums:
Regardless of the other exaggerations Griffin makes, I did not find this play to be a flop. Once that leg extends behind the mid-section, there's a good chance the other one's coming with it, resulting in a horrible fall. As such, it often leads to a foul called on little contact, only because the officials are backed into a corner a little bit there. They probably weigh the idea of calling a travel versus Love even latently being responsible by any means for the fall which, however indirectly, he was (even though it was through normally acceptable means). If a travel was called, I probably wouldn't have lost much sleep over it either.

It's not a flop to me. Rather, it's a bad fall resulting in Love getting the short end of the stick, similar to this, where the player in white is called for a foul for just sort of being there at the time of the high leg kick fall: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbITKv5OEkQ#t=2m49s

LemonMan
03-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Everyone hates griffin that's why this is even being discussed as ring acceptable. If this happened to a more liked player the world would've flipped

highwhey
03-23-2012, 11:11 AM
coach pop and company are taking notes.

chips93
03-23-2012, 11:11 AM
dirty cheap shot

D-Rose
03-23-2012, 11:15 AM
I don't think this is nearly as big of a deal as some would like to assume, especially Clippers fans. He didn't take a swing at him or initiate a fight. There has to be some semblance of physicality in today's charmin soft league. This really was commonplace with teams such as the 80's/90's Pistons that MJ dealt with.

Go Getter
03-23-2012, 11:24 AM
I don't think this is nearly as big of a deal as some would like to assume, especially Clippers fans. He didn't take a swing at him or initiate a fight. There has to be some semblance of physicality in today's charmin soft league. This really was commonplace with teams such as the 80's/90's Pistons that MJ dealt with.

This. You can't be tea bag dunking on folks and expect them not to get physical with you. Blake could have braced himself instead of being a drama queen.

Balla_Status
03-23-2012, 11:27 AM
Send in the goons!

vinsane01
03-23-2012, 11:28 AM
coach pop and company are taking notes.

:coleman:

chips93
03-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Blake could have braced himself instead of being a drama queen.

why on earth, if you are going to the basket for a strong lay-up, would you be tihnking about anything but making the shot

La Frescobaldi
03-23-2012, 11:35 AM
I mean, I see where you're coming from with the hockey mention. Fighting is under constant scrutiny in that sport. However, regardless of how one feels on the hockey matter, I don't think it'd justify the presence of fighting in basketball.

In regards to flopping, the honest truth behind the NBA "allowing" it is that it's nearly impossible to police. As fans, we can step back, watch a play (and four subsequent replays of that play) and yell, "Jeeeeez! What a flop!" but for a league to legitimately hand down fines or technicals to players when they feel they fell a little harder than they think they should have would be opening the floodgates a War & Peace sized book of counter issues.

From what I have seen, most of the flopping accusations made by fans of the NBA come on plays where contact exists, but a player exaggerates the response or allows oneself to be knocked to the ground instead of counteracting with equal force. I think it would be extremely difficult to decide whether the result of contact was truly exaggerated. To me, the only true-to-life, no doubt flops that could be punished would be ones like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4pjJHiqCFE, where it's not a matter of something being exaggerated. Rather, it's a matter of faking something that was never there in the first place.

exactly.... when you get right down to the brass tacks what we got is players like Kevin Love & Smith are trying to police some of the flop artists in the brutally correct form Bob Lanier or Darryl Dawkins or Dave Cowens would have used.

Seriously can you imagine Blake Griffin flopping on the same court those guys were on? They'd have ground him to dust, and that would be correct too. Fined, suspended, or whatever, that would keep floppers from turning the NBA into the girlie ball of CP3

that clip is freakin hilarious!!!

Rolando
I know Blake is a flopper but the dude should have at least tried to make a play on the ball.

swi7ch
what an idiot! wait 'till he's in the air, dummy! :facepalm

LockoutOver11
03-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Just saw the video,

man Blake Griffen is the biggest ***** I ever seen. And the commercials dont even account into this anymore. I usually don't like players like Jason Smith... but Blake for as big and bad as he wants to present himself, he wanted to flip in mid air while falling with his mouth wide open like a bitch. **** clippers.

Tenchi Ryu
03-23-2012, 11:47 AM
This. You can't be tea bag dunking on folks and expect them not to get physical with you. Blake could have braced himself instead of being a drama queen.
Not just that, it wasn't even that fukkin bad, the bitch STILL tried to sell it for well over its worth. Clown acting like he was nearly killed.

I.R.Beast
03-23-2012, 11:48 AM
LOL @ Blake playing dead

SpecialQue
03-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Smith's foul against Blake wasn't nearly as bad as how Smith acted after the fact. In fact, him and the crowd's reaction to the foul and his ejection was absolutely disgusting. The bullshit that came after the foul made it seem worse than it was.

Saying that, Blake sold the hell out of it, and his kick to the air followed by him trembling on the ground were an embarrassment, especially for a player that size. I can't help but think that a player with Nash's build would have just gotten back up and charged at Smith.

Smith should get suspended for a few games for being a douche, and Blake should have a highlight reel of his flops shown before every game. Seems fair to both parties.

emaugust
03-23-2012, 11:49 AM

Then how about, when there is a real foul, Griffin reacts as such, and when there isn't, he cut his flopping bullshit. There should be 0 respect for flopping in this league. Zero.

It really is that easy.

LockoutOver11
03-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Smith's foul against Blake wasn't nearly as bad as how Smith acted after the fact. In fact, him and the crowd's reaction to the foul and his ejection was absolutely disgusting. The bullshit that came after the foul made it seem worse than it was.

Saying that, Blake sold the hell out of it, and his kick to the air followed by him trembling on the ground were an embarrassment, especially for a player that size. I can't help but think that a player with Nash's build would have just gotten back up and charged at Smith.

Smith should get suspended for a few games for being a douche, and Blake should have a highlight reel of his flops shown before every game. Seems fair to both parties.

HELL YEAH. I def agree with that.

Rake2204
03-23-2012, 11:51 AM
exactly.... when you get right down to the brass tacks what we got is players like Kevin Love & Smith are trying to police some of the flop artists in the brutally correct form Bob Lanier or Darryl Dawkins or Dave Cowens would have used.
And that's how the world turns. Some players want to over-exert force, and other players will expose that over-exertion by putting themselves in position to be knocked over. Again, I'd say the vast majority of what I see labeled as flops these days are players putting themselves in position to be hit by a player trying to over-step their boundaries. It's more of a reaction to an initial play than it is a hatched plan.

There's no rule in basketball stating players must always counter-act contact. In the old Shaq/Vlade matchup, there's nothing in basketball rules that said Vlade must always cede ground to the stronger player. Instead, if a defensive player chooses to stand stationary while the offensive player chooses to plow through, it should be an offensive foul. Again, the exaggerations may not always be necessary, but many times, they're fouls to begin with, only players put a little extra on them (like Griffin last night).

Again, 99% of what I see deemed as a flop, really doesn't seem to be a flop to me. In contrast, this is the stuff that I find could be punishable: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ukde193ivM. Thankfully, it's rare.

In contrast, the "flop" by either Bell or Barbosa in this clip is merely a reaction to an initially illegal play. If one player is looking to gain an illegal advantage, they must be open to the other player exposing it. The Suns defender may have been able to stand their ground if they really tried, or they could let the illegal push knock them over, thus exposing Manu's attempt to operate above the law: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWRjyUzPX70&feature=related#t=0m36s. That play's then followed by a punishable act to me (Baron's drop).

I think there's actually a pretty thick line between exaggerating contact and faking contact (the latter being a true flop).

Dictator
03-23-2012, 11:53 AM
should of waited till he was in the air

bagelred
03-23-2012, 11:54 AM
I think once a game the 15th man down the bench has to come in, slam Griffin to the ground just like that each game, and accept the punishment.....until Griffin stops flopping.

chips93
03-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Not just that, it wasn't even that fukkin bad, the bitch STILL tried to sell it for well over its worth. Clown acting like he was nearly killed.

so griffin laying on the ground after the fact, changes what smith did?

IGOTGAME
exactly...it really wasn't that bad. Guy is just a drama queen.

c3z4r
I think once a game the 15th man down the bench has to come in, slam Griffin to the ground just like that each game, and accept the punishment.....until Griffin stops flopping.

co-sign, but they have to do it harder than Smith did. Honestly i didn't find Smith's hit to be that hard, given that griffin even flopped to make it seem dirtier.

BlazersDozen
03-23-2012, 11:58 AM
We all need to take a breath and remember Griffin is the same guy who got punked by Andre Miller last season.

Tenchi Ryu
03-23-2012, 12:04 PM

so griffin laying on the ground after the fact, changes what smith did?
Who cares? A simple tech should have been enough at the most. He got ejected, nothing else to cry about. "Justice" has been served.

Pretty sure in the end, him nor the hornets fans are regretting it...hell, the guy got a standing ovation after getting kicked out.

La Frescobaldi
03-23-2012, 12:13 PM
And that's how the world turns. Some players want to over-exert force, and other players will expose that over-exertion by putting themselves in position to be knocked over. Again, I'd say the vast majority of what I see labeled as flops these days are players putting themselves in position to be hit by a player trying to over-step their boundaries. It's more of a reaction to an initial play than it is a hatched plan.

There's no rule in basketball stating players must always counter-act contact. In the old Shaq/Vlade matchup, there's nothing in basketball rules that said Vlade must always cede ground to the stronger player. Instead, if a defensive player chooses to stand stationary while the offensive player chooses to plow through, it should be an offensive foul. Again, the exaggerations may not always be necessary, but many times, they're fouls to begin with, only players put a little extra on them (like Griffin last night).

Again, 99% of what I see deemed as a flop, really doesn't seem to be a flop to me. In contrast, this is the stuff that I find could be punishable: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ukde193ivM. Thankfully, it's rare.

In contrast, the "flop" by either Bell or Barbosa in this clip is merely a reaction to an initially illegal play. If one player is looking to gain an illegal advantage, they must be open to the other player exposing it. The Suns defender may have been able to stand their ground if they really tried, or they could let the illegal push knock them over, thus exposing Manu's attempt to operate above the law: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWRjyUzPX70&feature=related#t=0m36s. That play's then followed by a punishable act to me (Baron's drop).

I think there's actually a pretty thick line between exaggerating contact and faking contact (the latter being a true flop).

ya Robert Horry that freaking chump lol

See, they should just put that stuff right up on a huge TV so everyone in the arena can see their floppage.

qrich
03-23-2012, 12:16 PM
exactly...it really wasn't that bad. Guy is just a drama queen.

Yet if the same would've happened to Kobe you would have been calling for his head. Before you bring in Blake's 'flopping', remember Kobe's flailing, and he also got the benefit of the doubt, unlike Blake.

Tenchi Ryu
03-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Yet if the same would've happened to Kobe you would have been calling for his head. Before you bring in Blake's 'flopping', remember Kobe's flailing, and he also got the benefit of the doubt, unlike Blake.
Wade broke Kobe's nose...instead of bitching, he busted his ass their next game, which was hyped the shit up by ESPN.

DirtySanchez
03-23-2012, 12:19 PM
Somebody please do this to LeBron or Wade!!!

IGOTGAME
03-23-2012, 12:20 PM

nope. It wasn't dangerous play. Not a big deal.

QuebecBaller
03-23-2012, 12:24 PM

http://cdn.jockpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/steve-nash-broken-nose1.jpg

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/tools/med/2010/05/ipt/1273467550.jpg

http://cheapshotsateasytargets.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/a_brown_nash_070507-300w.jpg

CavaliersFTW
03-23-2012, 12:29 PM
LOL @ Blake playing dead

Haha I know, dude is built like a football player and not only is he playing dead but all this Clips fans keep defending him and saying how "dangerous" this play was. What a bunch of morons, that heavy contact shit has been done by role-playing brutes since the 1950's, that's a weapon defenses used to use until rules started killing it into the 90's with heavier fines and longer, more frequent suspensions. The NBA is G-rated right now, safe for all ages to watch. To the point that fans don't even know what kind of damage a human body is actually capable of sustaining. How the f_ck is blake gonna get hurt with that body check, when dudes used to trade blows to the face and choke each other in the 1980's - yet continued playing the ball game a few minutes later as if nothing even happened!?

Dude's built like a battle tank he isn't made of wet cleanex these apauled Clips fans and butthurt no-contact NBA supporters are just buying into his, and everyone elses horrible acting. People who don't want to see physical basketball are absolutely brainwashed by stupid drama-queen moments like seeing Princess Pierce or Cryin Wade being carted off on wheelchairs as if they actually got hurt bad.

qrich
03-23-2012, 12:30 PM
nope. It wasn't dangerous play. Not a big deal.

A hockey check with no intent on the ball isn't a dangerous play? :oldlol:

SpecialQue
03-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Wade broke Kobe's nose...instead of bitching, he busted his ass their next game, which was hyped the shit up by ESPN.

I think Kobe builds drama by using injuries to hype his next game. EVERYONE wanted to see Lakers vs Heat after Wade did that.

DirtySanchez
03-23-2012, 12:33 PM
This looked like a normal shot to Jordan everytime he would sniff the paint against the Pistons tbh

EXACTLY!!!!

Or the Celtics and Lakers back in the day.

Freaking kids getting offended over this just don't know.

If Blake was in the air it would be worst...but he got taking to the ground before he did. Would of been a freak accident if he got hurt.

Not saying it was not a flagrant but f*ck that I like the move. Flopping made this league so f*cking weak.

MK2V1GP
03-23-2012, 12:36 PM
This is gold. Smith became one of my favorite players. Bout time someone showed BG what an actual foul was.

THAT is an acceptable foul in which you can roll around in pain on the floor after. Not those weak calls in which BG exaggerates.

MK2V1GP
03-23-2012, 12:37 PM
Somebody please do this to LeBron or Wade!!!
qft

Stern
03-23-2012, 12:38 PM
Not only has the game gotten softer but the fans are getting soft as well.

Extempo
03-23-2012, 12:40 PM
I remember Beasley was knocked down HARD in a Laker game and he just bounced right back up. Grow a pair, Griffin. Jason Smith is one of my favorites now.

Mr. Jabbar
03-23-2012, 12:40 PM
in mid air he made an extra spin. /sticky thread.

CavaliersFTW
03-23-2012, 12:41 PM

Nope. What's hilarious, is everyone being so motherly to the point that we might as well air NBA games on PBS, Lifetime or WE :roll:

Unless your a p*ssy, that sh!t is not "dangerous". "Excessive" is the only appropriate word, calling the play "dangerous" is flat-out stupid, that play was not dangerous at all. Dude is in far more "danger" and is far more likely to get injured driving to the game than ever sustaining any sort of game threatening injury due to a f_cking body check. How many NBA players in the past got "hurt" from a body check!? Players used to get thrown into the floorboards, choked, and traded blows to the face. Every single body check I've ever watched (from the years before the NBA started menstruating about them), resulted in the players jumping right back up to either fight each other, or continue playing the rest of the game just fine - understanding that it (used to be) a normal part of basketball, and they were perfectly healthy, bruised, but healthy.

Yet it's suddenly become dangerous, LMFAO, OMG he's gonna suffer from a serious contusion omg!... AKA a bruise... Heaven forbid our pampered stars get a bruise! Quick, get that man a wheelchair and an ambulance!

CavaliersFTW
03-23-2012, 12:41 PM
Not only has the game gotten softer but the fans are getting soft as well.
This.

chips93
03-23-2012, 12:42 PM
people acting like griffin acting like ***** after the hit, should excuse the hit? :facepalm

Tenchi Ryu
03-23-2012, 12:44 PM
people acting like griffin acting like ***** after the hit, should excuse the hit? :facepalm
No, the point is that Smith was kicked out. IMO, that was still too much, but in the end, enough was done. Talking about suspensions and shit is going overboard....

CavaliersFTW
03-23-2012, 12:54 PM
EXACTLY!!!!

Or the Celtics and Lakers back in the day.

Freaking kids getting offended over this just don't know.

If Blake was in the air it would be worst...but he got taking to the ground before he did. Would of been a freak accident if he got hurt.

Not saying it was not a flagrant but f*ck that I like the move. Flopping made this league so f*cking weak.

:applause:

qrich
03-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Nope. What's hilarious, is everyone being so motherly to the point that we might as well air NBA games on PBS, Lifetime or WE channels :roll:

Unless your a p*ssy, that sh!t is not nearly as "dangerous" as people keep ranting on and on about. The word danger shouldn't even be used. "Excessive" is the only appropriate word, the word dangerous just sounds flat-out stupid, that play was not dangerous at all. Dude is in far more "danger" and is far more likely to get injured driving to the game than ever sustaining any sort of game threatening injury due to a f_cking body check. How many NBA players in the past got "hurt" from a body check!? Every single body check I've ever watched from the years before the NBA started menstruating about them, resulted in the players jumping right back up to either fight, or continue playing as if nothing happened.

Yet it's suddenly become dangerous, LMFAO, he's gonna suffer from what, a bruise!? Heaven forbid our pampered stars get bruised! Quick, get that man a wheelchair!

Yes, because its motherly to be against a play that is blatantly against the rules of the sport. I don't care what the rules were in the 80s or the 90s, or the 50s, or the 70s or the 00s, etc. Why? They don't apply to these daysand by today's rules, that is considered to be an excessive and dangerous play as there was no play, at all, on the ball, and it was clearly an intentional check. On top of that, I don't hear anyone ranting besides people still living in the past and those downplaying the foul as a result of Blake's recently earned reputation. Looking at it objectively, something that is probably impossible for the posters on this site, that play, was like I have already said, one which is considered to be excessive/intentional/dangerous/dirty by today style of play & rule book.

Whether he gets suspended or not is a point I couldn't careless about, but, if I recall correctly, a Flagrant II results in an automatic one game suspension and I have posted that I believe he'll get 2 or 3 total games for the Flagrant II and the celebration.

CavaliersFTW
03-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Yes, because its motherly to be against a play that is blatantly against the rules of the sport. I don't care what the rules were in the 80s or the 90s, or the 50s, or the 70s or the 00s, etc. Why? They don't apply to these daysand by today's rules, that is considered to be an excessive and dangerous play as there was no play, at all, on the ball, and it was clearly an intentional check. On top of that, I don't hear anyone ranting besides people still living in the past and those downplaying the foul as a result of Blake's recently earned reputation. Looking at it objectively, something that is probably impossible for the posters on this site, that play, was like I have already said, one which is considered to be excessive/intentional/dangerous/dirty by today style of play & rule book.

Whether he gets suspended or not is a point I couldn't careless about, but, if I recall correctly, a Flagrant II results in an automatic one game suspension and I have posted that I believe he'll get 2 or 3 total games for the Flagrant II and the celebration.

It's excessive yes. But it's hilarious that the NBA and fans are calling it dangerous. A body check that never once resulted in serious injury in the past is all of the sudden dangerous!? - Bird get's head locked by barkley and hammered with repeat blows to the face by Dr. J's massive hands and that game continued with no ejections and everyone was just fine within a few minutes. You know why? Because even "extremes" like drawing blood with blows to the face isn't actually dangerous in the grand scheme of things. It's full grown men out there, the game can get physical without getting "dangerous" lol humans can endure a great deal of body contact w/o any more injury than a bruise and on occasion, a little bit of blood (most of the time blood was not even drawn in NBA fights). You'll be able to play, that same game, without issue - just like Blake DID do, - in fact he was so healthy and physically okay that no less than a fraction of a second after the body check he did an acrobatic commando roll and then put on another classic Shakespearean act. :roll:

But Blake was "In Danger". Sure, okay :oldlol:

IGOTGAME
03-23-2012, 01:08 PM

nope. nothing dangerous about it. give him a flagrant and move on.

the guy took a hit to the shoulder/body while still on the ground...big whoop. Cry me a river.

Clippersfan86
03-23-2012, 01:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTaPpYxg8CE

For the retards in here saying Griffin deserves it. ESPN's Stephen A Smith and Guitierez go in hard on Jason Smith's cowardly ways. Of course the only one who downplays it like you guys is the known troll Skip Bayless. Reality is.... there was absolutely no way he could stop him in that situation... so he took the cheap way out.

One thing I do agree with Skip about is that teams are doing this because himself or his teammates are doing anything about it. The first time he punches somebody in the head.... things will stop. It's worth it IMO. Bodyslam or punch somebody... take a 10 game suspension, extend your career 5+ years.

IGOTGAME
03-23-2012, 01:12 PM

For the retards in here saying Griffin deserves it. ESPN's Stephen A Smith and Guitierez go in hard on Jason Smith's cowardly ways. Of course the only one who downplays it like you guys is the known troll Skip Bayless. Reality is.... there was absolutely no way he could stop him in that situation... so he took the cheap way out.

that shit happens. Shaq dealt with it for years and so have many others. No need to be a bitch and lay on the ground. Guy is a soft front runner.

Pretty sums up the mentality of that team, which is odd because it does have some tough players.

chips93
03-23-2012, 01:15 PM

One thing I do agree with Skip about is that teams are doing this because himself or his teammates are doing anything about it. The first time he punches somebody in the head.... things will stop. It's worth it IMO. Bodyslam or punch somebody... take a 10 game suspension, extend your career 5+ years.

i think it was a really dirty play, but citing stephen a smith isnt gonna help your case

he is just as bad as skip

Clippersfan86
03-23-2012, 01:19 PM
i think it was a really dirty play, but citing stephen a smith isnt gonna help your case

No he's not :facepalm . He may be crazy but he's at least genuine with his opinions. Skip does everything he can to go against the grain to the point to where he's been compared to an ISH troll. He can't possibly believe the things he says.

chips93
03-23-2012, 01:20 PM
No he's not :facepalm . He may be crazy but he's at least genuine with his opinions. Skip does everything he can to go against the grain to the point to where he's been compared to an ISH troll. He can't possibly believe the things he says.

im not defending skip :oldlol: god no, im saying that they are both terrible

Clippersfan86
03-23-2012, 01:22 PM
that shit happens. Shaq dealt with it for years and so have many others. No need to be a bitch and lay on the ground. Guy is a soft front runner.

Pretty sums up the mentality of that team, which is odd because it does have some tough players.

I understand Shaq dealt with it.... but now you can't retaliate or even give a hard foul in return like Shaq did. Back in Shaq's day.. you could have a full blown shoving match and maybe even a few thrown punches... get separated and no suspensions. Now they made all the strict rules such as leave bench= instant suspension and ANY sort of swing or even a hard push can get you suspended.

I just want Griffin to get it through his head.. that they need to start retaliating. Teams don't feel any remorse doing it to the Clippers... so they shouldn't feel bad doing it to other teams. They have extremely strong players and a couple known tough guys. Start using them as goons. I know for a fact if K Mart was in the game he would of grabbed Smith and thrown him to the floor. I think K Mart should of left bench and took that 1 game suspension.

Tenchi Ryu
03-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Dude next to Steven A Smith:

"I loved the hard foul on Kobe, great hard foul. But this...this was a cheap shot".

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
GTFOH

So breaking a nikkas nose is cool and shit, but a simple shove that wasn't even as serious as Blake portrayed it to be is damn near child rape....

Clippersfan86
03-23-2012, 01:23 PM
im not defending skip :oldlol: god no, im saying that they are both terrible

I know.. I'm just saying I've always liked Stephen A :lol . He makes me laugh and usually his opinions are valid. Skip on the other hand in my opinion trolls just to troll.

boozehound
03-23-2012, 01:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSlszw4WEgk&feature=player_embedded

you get dropped
great use of the flagrant foul.

IGOTGAME
03-23-2012, 01:26 PM
I just want Griffin to get it through his head.. that they need to start retaliating. Teams don't feel any remorse doing it to the Clippers... so they shouldn't feel bad doing it to other teams. .

Just don't expect Blake to do it because he is a soft frontrunner. Maybe Kenyon Martin or Evans or Butler. But, the starting bigs are frontrunning softees.

Clippersfan86
03-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Dude next to Steven A Smith:

"I loved the hard foul on Kobe, great hard foul. But this...this was a cheap shot".

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
GTFOH

So breaking a nikkas nose is cool and shit, but a simple shove that wasn't even as serious as Blake portrayed it to be is damn near child rape....

Wade just got Kobe in the wrong place. It wasn't even a dirty foul.. just a hard one. If it was dirty Kobe would of gotten in his face and Wade would have been pulled out of the game.

Scholar
03-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Wow. Words can't even describe how foolish of a move that was from Jason Smith. He knew he wasn't going to be able to stop Blake, but he tried anyway. :facepalm

rodman91
03-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Griffin & Paul are probably most cockiest players in the league...yet they barely in playoffs spot :oldlol:

http://raysindex.com/GIFs/e02.gif

Tenchi Ryu
03-23-2012, 01:31 PM
Wade just got Kobe in the wrong place. It wasn't even a dirty foul.. just a hard one. If it was dirty Kobe would of gotten in his face and Wade would have been pulled out of the game.
There is no way in hell Blake's foul was worst than Kobe's....which was a fukkin ALL-STAR Game. Who the hell fouls someone at all star game, let alone make them bleed.

I Hate Skip, but he was completely right here. Blake wasn't remotely hurt, it was a simple roll to the ground for him...

Phong
03-23-2012, 01:31 PM
humans can endure a great deal of body contact w/o any more injury than a bruise and on occasion, a little bit of blood (most of the time blood was not even drawn in NBA fights). You'll be able to play, that same game, without issue - just like Blake DID do, - in fact he was so healthy and physically okay that no less than a fraction of a second after the body check he did an acrobatic commando roll and then put on another classic Shakespearean act. :roll:This was beautifully said. :applause: :cry:

Tenchi Ryu
03-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Wow. Words can't even describe how foolish of a move that was from Jason Smith. He knew he wasn't going to be able to stop Blake, but he tried anyway. :facepalm
He wasn't trying to stop him, he as trying to put him on his ass. Considering the game was chippy all night, and Clippers players were talking hella shit. Hornets wanted to taste that one...

IGOTGAME
03-23-2012, 01:34 PM
He wasn't trying to stop him, he as trying to put him on his ass. Considering the game was chippy all night, and Clippers players were talking hella shit. Hornets wanted to taste that one...

that is the thing...Clippers talk so much shit and then can't back it up. Then get mad when someone lays the wood down. Guess what, stop talking shit when you aren't built that way. Stop posing on dunks. You guys are barely guaranteed a playoff spot, have some humility and actually do something.

chips93
03-23-2012, 01:36 PM
There is no way in hell Blake's foul was worst than Kobe's....which was a fukkin ALL-STAR Game. Who the hell fouls someone at all star game, let alone make them bleed.

I Hate Skip, but he was completely right here. Blake wasn't remotely hurt, it was a simple roll to the ground for him...

you dont base malice on the injury, you case it on the intent

smith was lucky that he didnt hurt griffin a lot more and wade was unlucky that he hurt kobe as bad as he did.

Celtics4ever
03-23-2012, 01:41 PM
Blake Griffin is a lil bltch. I used to like him, but he's always whining and complaining to the refs and acts like a hard ass.

Tenchi Ryu
03-23-2012, 01:42 PM
you dont base malice on the injury, you case it on the intent

smith was lucky that he didnt hurt griffin a lot more and wade was unlucky that he hurt kobe as bad as he did.
Come on.....Nose breaking foul...at the ASG?!

The intent was too obvious...who in the hell does that?

SpecialQue
03-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Griffin & Paul are probably most cockiest players in the league...yet they barely in playoffs spot :oldlol:

http://raysindex.com/GIFs/e02.gif

I absolutely fvcking LOVE Kobe's "hey" after Paul starts flipping out.

chips93
03-23-2012, 01:45 PM
Come on.....Nose breaking foul...at the ASG?!

The intent was too obvious...who in the hell does that?

he was clearly just trrying to wrap him up

it happens every game, it just happened that wade didnt time it right, and he caught him on the nose. it was obviously an accident

and smith's foul was obviously more than an accident

Tenchi Ryu
03-23-2012, 01:46 PM
I absolutely fvcking LOVE Kobe's "hey" after Paul starts flipping out.
Look at how it looks like Blake and Caron are trying to Goon up on Pau after that

SpecialQue
03-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Look at how it looks like Blake and Caron are trying to Goon up on Pau after that

Why flip out though? They should have known about Pau before the game started:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249650

bdreason
03-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Again, the people acting like this was common place in the 90's obviously didn't watch hoops in the 90's. I watched MJ's entire career, and I can't remember a single play like this, where a defender tackled him in the open court with no play on the ball (and in a meaningless, regular season game, no less). I remember plenty of hard fouls while making a play on the ball... but open court tackle/shoulder checks? Nah.

So please, feel free to show me all the youtube clips of players tackling other players in the 90's without penalty. Otherwise, shut the **** up and stop talking about Basketball like it used to be Football. Sure, the game was more physical, but hits like this have never been acceptable.

qrich
03-23-2012, 02:15 PM
It's excessive yes. But it's hilarious that the NBA and fans are calling it dangerous. A body check that never once resulted in serious injury in the past is all of the sudden dangerous!? - Bird get's head locked by barkley and hammered with repeat blows to the face by Dr. J's massive hands and that game continued with no ejections and everyone was just fine within a few minutes. You know why? Because even "extremes" like drawing blood with blows to the face isn't actually dangerous in the grand scheme of things. It's full grown men out there, the game can get physical without getting "dangerous" lol humans can endure a great deal of body contact w/o any more injury than a bruise and on occasion, a little bit of blood (most of the time blood was not even drawn in NBA fights). You'll be able to play, that same game, without issue - just like Blake DID do, - in fact he was so healthy and physically okay that no less than a fraction of a second after the body check he did an acrobatic commando roll and then put on another classic Shakespearean act. :roll:

But Blake was "In Danger". Sure, okay :oldlol:

So, what part of, I don't care what occurred nor the rules of the 60s, 80s, or any other era was hard to comprehend. Back then, this might have been the norm, but these days, it clearly isn't. You complaining about the physicality of the game these days would be like me saying Nash is garbage as he plays in an era with 3 point jumpers, making the game even softer. Irrelevant as rules change and players should adapt.

Guess we'll just agree to disagree :cheers:

nope. nothing dangerous about it. give him a flagrant and move on.

the guy took a hit to the shoulder/body while still on the ground...big whoop. Cry me a river.

So you'd be fully fine if Reggie Evans did the same to Kobe the next time the sides meet, right?

Quite Frankly, you are correct :cheers:

bdreason
03-23-2012, 02:20 PM
And :oldlol: at people posting pics of Nash like he doesn't do the same shit as everyone else. Did we forget his acting job against Horry?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pBeCQak588

I like how he throws his arms back and screams. Nice touch.

And if you remember, two Suns got suspended after this game, possibly costing the Suns the series... which is another reason why flagrant fouls like this have to be regulated by the refs/rules... or players take justice into their own hands, and playoffs series end up decided by suspensions.

BlazersDozen
03-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Again, the people acting like this was common place in the 90's obviously didn't watch hoops in the 90's. I watched MJ's entire career, and I can't remember a single play like this, where a defender tackled him in the open court with no play on the ball (and in a meaningless, regular season game, no less). I remember plenty of hard fouls while making a play on the ball... but open court tackle/shoulder checks? Nah.

So please, feel free to show me all the youtube clips of players tackling other players in the 90's without penalty. Otherwise, shut the **** up and stop talking about Basketball like it used to be Football. Sure, the game was more physical, but hits like this have never been acceptable.

It wasn't a tackle

IGOTGAME
03-23-2012, 02:43 PM
So you'd be fully fine if Reggie Evans did the same to Kobe the next time the sides meet, right?

I would expect a flagrant foul. And then Kobe would get back up and continue playing hard. I has happened many times too Kobe, nothing new.

dzav323
03-23-2012, 02:51 PM

This was just as dangerous than Smith's foul and this was with more intent (granted he was at OKLA.). People fail to realize that it is hard for a 7ft 250+lb center to just stop after sprinting the length of the court. Was it a foul...obviously, was it a flagrant 1...yes, flagrant 2...probably, does Smith deserve a suspension, no.

qrich
03-23-2012, 02:54 PM

This was just as dangerous than Smith's foul and this was with more intent (granted he was at OKLA.). People fail to realize that it is hard for a 7ft 250+lb center to just stop after sprinting the length of the court. Was it a foul...obviously, was it a flagrant 1...yes, flagrant 2...probably, does Smith deserve a suspension, no.

A flagrant 2 is an automatic one game suspension IIRC.

I would expect a flagrant foul. And then Kobe would get back up and continue playing hard. I has happened many times too Kobe, nothing new.

Vid? I can't ever recall Kobe being hockey checked like that.

chips93
03-23-2012, 02:54 PM

he clearly wound up to hit him, momentum had nothing to do with it

linZoMourning
03-23-2012, 02:58 PM
flop so hard flop so hard

dzav323
03-23-2012, 03:03 PM
he clearly wound up to hit him, momentum had nothing to do with it
He knew he and Blake were going to collide, I think anyone would've turned their shoulder toward Blake in that situation. And you are telling me with a guy Smith's size momentum had no effect on the play, wow

dzav323
03-23-2012, 03:04 PM
A flagrant 2 is an automatic one game suspension IIRC.

I was talkin about multiple games

Phong
03-23-2012, 03:04 PM
The only dangerous thing was that ridiculous mid-air spin he did. One day he's gonna break his own neck flopping like this. He already pulled that kind of shit on Kevin Love when there was absolutely no contact.

rodman91
03-23-2012, 03:14 PM
http://blog.syracuse.com/orange-segment/2009/03/large_BlakeGriffin.jpg

chips93
He knew he and Blake were going to collide, I think anyone would've turned their shoulder toward Blake in that situation. And you are telling me with a guy Smith's size momentum had no effect on the play, wow

:biggums:

what are you talking about, he clearly accelerates into griffin

doesnt matter how big you are, or how much momentum you have, you dont accelerate into somebody be accident

he easily could have slowed down, or just wrapped griffin up, it was no accident. that much is clear.

IGOTGAME
Vid? I can't ever recall Kobe being hockey checked like that.

I remember Bell doing something similar in a game against the Jazz.

But something like this is a much more dangerous play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJNoFs3G91A

at 4:10.

Even simple trips when goes are accelerating are more dangerous to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6BWYMjTs3c&feature=related

something like this is worst imo.

What happened to Blake is just a hard foul that is a flagrant. It wasn't dangerous and it should be expected due to the way he handles himself.

linZoMourning
03-23-2012, 03:15 PM

what the ****?!?!

I think we have found qrich;s background pic

qrich
03-23-2012, 03:18 PM
I remember Bell doing something similar in a game against the Jazz.

But something like this is a much more dangerous play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJNoFs3G91A

at 4:10.

That was clearly more dangerous, but it didn't seem intentional, just horrid timing. I'd probably be just as furious at that play. Thanks for providing a vid :cheers:

what the ****?!?!

I think we have found qrich;s background pic

Another fail post by you. I'm not even a fan of Blake. Want evidence, check my 2010 Mock draft, I had Greg Monroe rated above him.

linZoMourning
03-23-2012, 03:19 PM
That was clearly more dangerous, but it didn't seem intentional, just horrid timing. I'd probably be just as furious at that play. Thanks for providing a vid :cheers:

Another fail post by you. I'm not even a fan of Blake. Want evidence, check my 2010 Mock draft, I had Greg Monroe rated above him.

if you could go back to the draft now and switch picks y ou would still want greg? hey it least greg can set a screen and doesnt flop around like a fish

CavaliersFTW
03-23-2012, 03:21 PM
The only dangerous thing was that ridiculous mid-air spin he did. One day he's gonna break his own neck flopping like this. He already pulled that kind of shit on Kevin Love when there was absolutely no contact.

TRUTH. Blake - the dramatic hollywood stunt man. He's gonna determine the fate of his own health and when he flops and brakes an ankle (or his neck) the Clips fans will all be screaming how "dangerously" he was fouled from the guy who farted on him with his back turned 6 feet away.

The entire front line of Laimbeer, Mahorn, and Rodman choke slammed, bit, punched, elbowed, drop kicked and tackled people. Even the smallest of point guards taking such abuse got back up and shot their free throws.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx_kqvy9nZA&feature=related

Does anyone see Bird floppin like a b*tch? Does anyone see him playing dead? Is he cryin? Is he INJURED?

Please, anyone, help me out, who was hurt in this incident? I mean, same situation x10. Instead of simple body contact on a drive, it's two guys clothes lining a dude in mid air by the THROAT. Dude gets back up to fight, he is completely okay.

The human body can sustain punishment. Unless of course, you are flopping all over the court torquing your back and placing your neck in harms way with dramatic commando rolls and flailing limbs.

Stop bein a bunch of p*ssys, contact doesn't f_ck you up, bein a prissy b!tch does, just ask Wade who needed to be wheel-chaired out of a game because one of his stupid @ss flops ended up dislocating his own shoulder.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2uo3thw.gif

Floppers should be heavily fined, given a flagrant 2, and thrown out of games with Zero tolerance. They have ruined the game of basketball. Case in point? FANS are now brainwashed to the point that they think a simple body check (on the ground) is "dangerous" :facepalm Has any player in the 65 year history of the NBA gotten a body check that resulted in injury? lol, and now players wear "body armor" as if no contact rules weren't soft enough. Might as well strap some pillows to these guys and give them bicycle helmets.

qrich
03-23-2012, 03:24 PM
if you could go back to the draft now and switch picks y ou would still want greg? hey it least greg can set a screen and doesnt flop around like a fish

Different drafts, but even if they were in the same one, no, I wouldn't. I've never been a huge fan of Blake, but never wanted him dealt either. When the rumors of DJ + Blake for Dwight came up, I was all for it, but knew the Clips wouldn't deal Blake for anything.

CavaliersFTW
03-23-2012, 03:29 PM

linZoMourning
03-23-2012, 03:30 PM
blake griffin is so soft my god. Id like to see him on a different team with a hard ass for a coach

IGOTGAME
03-23-2012, 03:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSHFY1lKQdY&feature=player_embedded#!

this was a flagarant 1 within the last 2 weeks? if that didn't even get 1 game...then we need to stop this convo.

bdreason
03-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Camby made a play on the ball.

qrich
03-23-2012, 03:41 PM

A fact that keeps getting ignored. No play at all was made on the ball. Had Blake been mid-air and Smith was going for the block, it wouldn't be as bad.

BlazersDozen
03-23-2012, 03:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSHFY1lKQdY&feature=player_embedded#!

this was a flagarant 1 within the last 2 weeks? if that didn't even get 1 game...then we need to stop this convo.

Fields flew like he was weightless then got back up. Blake Griffin went like a foot and layed on the ground like it was the Camby/Fields play LMAO

Rake2204
03-23-2012, 03:45 PM

I feel like this quote is being ignored but I find it to be valid.

BlazersDozen
03-23-2012, 03:46 PM
A fact that keeps getting ignored. No play at all was made on the ball. Had Blake been mid-air and Smith was going for the block, it wouldn't be as bad.

Bullshit lol

Clippers fans would still be in an uproar & calling for suspension, loss of job & death.

*waits for no we wouldnt reply*

Kevin_Gamble
03-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Blake Floffin's dirty foul on Ridnour:

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/35111052/2

Horford:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJkJJU1oVDI

Not to mention all the flopping and whining.

The dude had it coming.

qrich
03-23-2012, 03:51 PM
Bullshit lol

Clippers fans would still be in an uproar & calling for suspension, loss of job & death.

*waits for no we wouldnt reply*

Can't speak for Fiasco, Al Thornton, DaB0yEch0 or Clipps, but I personally wouldn't. Majority of the posts in this thread are retarded without any substance, from the guy saying this was a daily thing in the 80s/90s but ignoring bd's request for youtube links to said fouls to all of the "flopping", when none was done on the play, to it being a clean, hard foul as well.

This was an intentional foul (or tackle or hockey check, whatever you prefer) with NO play on the ball and excessive contact. Flagrant 2 was the proper call, period.

IGOTGAME
03-23-2012, 03:53 PM

yes. but one play was extremely dangerous and showed a depraved heart. The other play was when the player was on the ground, and below the head.

A veiled attempt and going for the ball doesn't negate the fact he intended to push him mid-air.

people calling for 5 games etc. are off base.

Celtic_Pride
03-23-2012, 03:57 PM
Shame on you Griffin :facepalm

What a sore loser

bagelred
03-23-2012, 04:11 PM
TWO GAMES

Marc Stein ‏ @ESPNSteinLine

Just going out online/on air: Sources say NBA suspended Hornets forward Jason Smith for two games for Thursday night hit on Blake Griffin

Should have been only one game, but.......typical.:coleman:

GoldNugg21
03-23-2012, 04:11 PM
This thread is mind boggling to me. Some combination oh hate for Griffin and "good ol days" syndrome has made retards out of 90% of you.

First off, I hate flopping with a passion, and would be totally in favor of a motion by the league to fine players after the fact for bad flopping (it's too hard to determine on the fly in game, in my estimation, but fines after the fact would certainly be a deterrent, and penalties could always be increased later if it didn't work). I also hate players like Blake, who come off as arrogant pansies.

That said, plays like this have no place in basketball. This happens in a rec game, and there is a fight. This happens to someone with a pair in the NBA, and he runs at smith to try and fight him. That's because it's a totally unacceptable play with only pure malice involved. The equivalent of this happens in any other sport, and there is the start of a fight.

And just because the league used to be harder and more violent doesn't mean that was right. It was a dirtier sport back then, and while I think it's too soft now, it was too dirty then. Plays like that clothesline don't have a place in the game. Hard fouls are fine, but make an attempt at the ball. Pretty simple.

If you're mad at Blake for flopping and talking and all that, you get back at him with a basketball play. A hard foul AT THE BASKET, or even better, you dunk on his face, or make a fool of him on D, or win the damn game. There is no place for a full speed tackle in the game of basketball.

linZoMourning
03-23-2012, 04:15 PM
lets also talk about how all of the clippers teamates are a bunch of ******* for not sticking up for their teamate.
that just goes to show ALL the clippers are soft not just blake

Disaprine
03-23-2012, 04:15 PM
:lol

Droid101
03-23-2012, 04:17 PM
This thread is mind boggling to me. Some combination oh hate for Griffin and "good ol days" syndrome has made retards out of 90% of you.

First off, I hate flopping with a passion, and would be totally in favor of a motion by the league to fine players after the fact for bad flopping (it's too hard to determine on the fly in game, in my estimation, but fines after the fact would certainly be a deterrent, and penalties could always be increased later if it didn't work). I also hate players like Blake, who come off as arrogant pansies.

That said, plays like this have no place in basketball. This happens in a rec game, and there is a fight. This happens to someone with a pair in the NBA, and he runs at smith to try and fight him. That's because it's a totally unacceptable play with only pure malice involved. The equivalent of this happens in any other sport, and there is the start of a fight.

And just because the league used to be harder and more violent doesn't mean that was right. It was a dirtier sport back then, and while I think it's too soft now, it was too dirty then. Plays like that clothesline don't have a place in the game. Hard fouls are fine, but make an attempt at the ball. Pretty simple.

If you're mad at Blake for flopping and talking and all that, you get back at him with a basketball play. A hard foul AT THE BASKET, or even better, you dunk on his face, or make a fool of him on D, or win the damn game. There is no place for a full speed tackle in the game of basketball.
:applause:

The sense, it burns!

RaininTwos
03-23-2012, 04:17 PM
Jesus christ. Dude shoved fields with his right arm before he started reaching for the ball.

CavaliersFTW
03-23-2012, 04:34 PM

None of us who are calling everyone out as p*ssies and referring to the "old days" are implying that basketball needs to be that way again. You are entirely missing the point of those posts.

The people like myself using examples of brutal plays in the past are merely demonstrating how RETARDED it is to keep calling that play "dangerous". Sorry, but Blake Griffin was not in "danger" at all, the prick was so uneffected by that play that he even did a commando roll and flopped on that play - only to play dead 2 seconds later. That said, was the foul malicious? Sure, was it necessary? (It shouldn't be) but Blake's flops and fake-tough attitude is inevitably going to irk players to the point that they can't stand him anymore - and I can't blame them for getting that pissed that they'd charge him. Do I think it SHOULD it be necessary? NO. I agree with everything you said - you just aren't understanding why the posts about past plays keep being shown.

As for floppers? Fine them and/or suspend them in hindsight of game replays, eject them if officials see it during games, and enforce this crap with zero tolerance, just as hardline as they do the unnecessary physical contact. It has to be done in equal measure to restriction of violence. Why? Because that unnecessary physical contact and violence used to be how flopping was policed and kept to a minimum. Now, that there is no flop police on duty to keep the drama queens in check, someone needs to step in (IE... rules/officiating...) to assume control. The game doesn't need to be violent - but it sure as hell needs to get rid of all these actresses. I want to watch basketball, not power forwards getting breathed on by a point guard flailing around like they got hit by a bus just to be sent to the line. It's just as cheesy and fake as pro wrestling.

ConanRulesNBC
03-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Griffin has WWE talent for sure. He sold that hit very well. Vince McMahon would be proud.

CavaliersFTW
03-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Griffin has WWE talent for sure. He sold that hit very well. Vince McMahon would be proud.

Give him his own custom "bad guy" theme song when he swag walks onto the court, and the freedom to grab a mic at half time to speak his mind with that fake tough stare and you've got yourself a full blown WWE superstar.

Phong
03-23-2012, 04:54 PM
That play was incredibly dangerous. The shockwave created by the collision was so big that Griffin was limping with his left leg despite being hit on his right side and landing on his right side. :eek:

CavaliersFTW
03-23-2012, 04:55 PM
That play was incredibly dangerous. The shockwave created by the collision was so big that Griffin was limping with his left leg despite being hit on his right side and landing on his right side. :eek:

I felt the earthquake and tremors all the way over here in Cleveland after that titanic collision. I heard the impact was louder than Krakatoa. That shit is so dangerous.

rodman91
03-23-2012, 04:56 PM

Give him his own custom "bad guy" theme song when he swag walks onto the court, and the freedom to grab a mic at half time to speak his mind with that fake tough stare and you've got yourself a full blown WWE superstar.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/97686/ric-flair-flop-o.gif <---Clippers Training Camp :oldlol:

CavaliersFTW
03-23-2012, 04:58 PM
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/97686/ric-flair-flop-o.gif <---Clippers Traning Camp :oldlol:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

305Baller
03-23-2012, 05:01 PM

:D

gasolina
03-23-2012, 05:02 PM

Lol he'd be 10x the poseur than 2002-2003 John Cena was

CavaliersFTW
03-23-2012, 05:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYPThlXzA1E&t=1m17s

Blake Griffin, Chris Paul, and Mo Williams' new pregame ritual.

ConanRulesNBC
03-23-2012, 05:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYPThlXzA1E&t=1m17s

Blake Griffin, Chris Paul, and Mo Williams' new pregame ritual.

:oldlol:

The Heat = nWo black and white

The Clippers = nWo Wolfpac

305Baller
03-23-2012, 05:24 PM
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/97686/ric-flair-flop-o.gif <---Clippers Training Camp :oldlol:

ConanRulesNBC
03-23-2012, 05:38 PM

Holy shit I didn't see that one. :roll:

Rake2204
03-23-2012, 05:58 PM

Well said.

Tenchi Ryu
03-23-2012, 06:00 PM
None of us who are calling everyone out as p*ssies and referring to the "old days" are implying that basketball needs to be that way again. You are entirely missing the point of those posts.

The people like myself using examples of brutal plays in the past are merely demonstrating how RETARDED it is to keep calling that play "dangerous". Sorry, but Blake Griffin was not in "danger" at all, the prick was so uneffected by that play that he even did a commando roll and flopped on that play - only to play dead 2 seconds later. That said, was the foul malicious? Sure, was it necessary? (It shouldn't be) but Blake's flops and fake-tough attitude is inevitably going to irk players to the point that they can't stand him anymore - and I can't blame them for getting that pissed that they'd charge him. Do I think it SHOULD it be necessary? NO. I agree with everything you said - you just aren't understanding why the posts about past plays keep being shown.

As for floppers? Fine them and/or suspend them in hindsight of game replays, eject them if officials see it during games, and enforce this crap with zero tolerance, just as hardline as they do the unnecessary physical contact. It has to be done in equal measure to restriction of violence. Why? Because that unnecessary physical contact and violence used to be how flopping was policed and kept to a minimum. Now, that there is no flop police on duty to keep the drama queens in check, someone needs to step in (IE... rules/officiating...) to assume control. The game doesn't need to be violent - but it sure as hell needs to get rid of all these actresses. I want to watch basketball, not power forwards getting breathed on by a point guard flailing around like they got hit by a bus just to be sent to the line. It's just as cheesy and fake as pro wrestling.

50inchvertical
03-23-2012, 06:16 PM
influence of Chris Paul. Funny thing is, he is going to hurt himself or one of his teammates with all the flopping. BG flopped and fell into Young's knee and on another flop, he hit DeAndre Jordan in the head last night.

50inchvertical
03-23-2012, 06:32 PM
2 game suspension

GoldNugg21
03-23-2012, 06:41 PM

I think you're wrong - some people definitely implied, or flat out said, that basketball was better when you were allowed to clothesline someone with minimal penalty. It happens everytime this sort of thing is brought up.

As I stated before, I hate flopping, I hate floppers, and I wish the NBA would do something about it. But that has nothing to do with this situation, as the play that Smith wade was far worse then any flop.

I'll put it like this: someone flops and tries to get a call against me in a rec game (or say a league game where there is a ref to fall for it), I call him a bitch and take it to him that much harder. If someone hits me like Smith did, I'm ready to fight him, along with all my buddies. There's a very big difference there. I don't condone either one, but one should not validate the other. You don't get back at someone who flops by taking a cheap shot on them, you get back by beating their ass fair and square. At least that's how I would do it.