PDA

View Full Version : Remember all that Clippers Hype: What Happened?

IGOTGAME
03-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Before the season it was: "We taking Over LA," "We Da Bess," "We gonna make a deep playoff run,""CP3 gonna win MVP"

Now it is like: "We Even Gonna Make the Playoffs"

What really happened? this team is way to talented to be fighting for a playoff spot. I have lost a little respect for CP3 with to be honest. I couldn't imagine this happening to another top tier player in his prime on a team loaded with so much talent. smh

Was Billups going down that big of a blow?

Was a team of Griffin, Jordan, Butler, Williams, and now Young not enough?

DaHeezy
03-24-2012, 01:21 PM
ISH: Where flip flop fans happen

blablabla
03-24-2012, 01:24 PM
they are 11-15 or smth since billups went down
no leadership,coach sucks overrated players(jordan,griffin)

IGOTGAME
03-24-2012, 01:25 PM
no leadership,coach sucks bunch of overrated player(jordan,griffin)

But, I think CP3 was a leader and coach on da floor. How could dis be?

How long did CP3 opt in for?

Alamo
03-24-2012, 01:26 PM
CP3 is overrated

colorz
03-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Del Negro can't coach, losing Billups hurt

50inchvertical
03-24-2012, 01:28 PM
Billups went down.

Mo Williams and Caron Butler finally missed.

Teams resolved to put Griffin and Jordan on the ft line more often than let them dunk since they are horrendous ft shooters.

Coach may have lost the team, and rumor is he even got into fisticuffs with Mo Williams.

Flagrant 2
03-24-2012, 01:30 PM
I thought Nick Young was the savior?:confusedshrug:

IGOTGAME
03-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Billups went down.

Teams resolved to put Griffin and Jordan on the ft line more often than let them dunk since they are horrendous ft shooters.

Coach may have lost the team, and rumor is he even got into fisticuffs with Mo Williams.

wow, didn't hear that rumor. If that is the case, someone may have to go.

Regardless, shouldn't this squad be adaptable enough to at least make the playoffs comfortably with this crazy level of talent and an elite orchestrator in CP3.

colorz
03-24-2012, 01:31 PM
Billups went down.

pretty much this

Clippersfan86
03-24-2012, 01:32 PM
I thought Nick Young was the savior?:confusedshrug:

Nick Young is a great fit. Problem is.... he has no practice time with team and just flat out got thrown into the mess. A full summer+training camp will do wonders for this team. People gave the Thunder, Grizzlies and other teams 3-4 seasons to put it together but since the Clippers couldn't do it in one condensed season without training camp or practice... people want to rip them apart?

9 new players this year, 9 new players last year. Major injuries to key players. Sh** coach... no time to gel. Pretty simple.

Flagrant 2
03-24-2012, 01:33 PM
Nick Young is a great fit. Problem is.... he has no practice time with team and just flat out got thrown into the mess. A full summer+training camp will do wonders for this team. People gave the Thunder, Grizzlies and other teams 3-4 seasons to put it together but since the Clippers couldn't do it in one condensed season without training camp or practice... people want to rip them apart?

9 new players this year, 9 new players last year. Major injuries to key players. Sh** coach... no time to gel. Pretty simple.
That's not what you were saying in the beginning of the season. :lol

blablabla
03-24-2012, 01:34 PM
But, I think CP3 was a leader and coach on da floor. How could dis be?

How long did CP3 opt in for?
he's a fa next year i think

Clippersfan86
03-24-2012, 01:36 PM

And you blame me why? They had an 11-3 month of January knocking out all the good teams and looked like an elite team. Which is why so many said they could make WCF first year. I too believed.... and when they came back down to earth and their problems showed.. it's devastating. Doesn't mean the things I'm saying now aren't valid.

This isn't even the same team anymore man. Like seriously unrecognizable.

Whoah10115
You know why losing Billups (a great PG) was such a big deal? Because he's a coach on the floor. You know why that's a big deal? Because they don't have a good one on the bench.

Yes, that's it. Wilbon (I love you) is blaming this slip on Billups being out and saying it isn't VDN's fault...the fact that a great and PURE PG, is playing SG alongside one of the most ball-dominant PG's ever, while not shooting well, is (in this case) an indictment of VDN's coaching. Maybe he'll get better. But right now, he is not. And he needs to go somewhere else.

And, they're still over .500 and they will make the playoffs and be competitive, at worst.

Clippersfan86
he's a fa next year i think

Yup. 2012-2013 he's a Clipper too. After that.... it will depend on which coach the Clippers hired and if they improved enough.

alenleomessi
03-24-2012, 01:37 PM
They will still make the 2nd round. Wanna bet?

GOBB
03-24-2012, 01:38 PM

"We're legit title contenders EVERYONE agrees with this"

Now its "new players, condensed season, no time to gel"

Flop city flop flop city.

:roll:

Soft ass team. I love it.

blablabla
03-24-2012, 01:39 PM
You know why losing Billups (a great PG) was such a big deal? Because he's a coach on the floor. You know why that's a big deal? Because they don't have a good one on the bench.

Yes, that's it. Wilbon (I love you) is blaming this slip on Billups being out and saying it isn't VDN's fault...the fact that a great and PURE PG, is playing SG alongside one of the most ball-dominant PG's ever, while not shooting well, is (in this case) an indictment of VDN's coaching. Maybe he'll get better. But right now, he is not. And he needs to go somewhere else.

And, they're still over .500 and they will make the playoffs and be competitive, at worst.
depens on who they have to play in the playoffs
i can see them being competitive against a young team but if they have to play a vet team with a good coach(spurs) they'll get raped

CelticBaller
03-24-2012, 01:40 PM
reality check

Mr. Incredible
03-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Coaching & Flopping.

Clippersfan86
03-24-2012, 01:41 PM

STFU retard. Just because you lack the comprehension to understand why circumstances would change based on a serious injury among other things that caught up to them... that's not my problem. At the time... (January) the Clippers DID look like contenders... which is why every popular analyst for the most part pegged them as such. Sh** changed. Doesn't mean I flip flopped :facepalm .

ganja0710
03-24-2012, 01:42 PM

So much fail in this thread its hilariouzzzz

blablabla
03-24-2012, 01:42 PM
Yup. 2012-2013 he's a Clipper too. After that.... it will depend on which coach the Clippers hired and if they improved enough.
is there anyone you could see them hiring
nate mcmillan?

Clippersfan86
03-24-2012, 01:44 PM
is there anyone you could see them hiring
nate mcmillan?

Yes. Good coach and of course he will have a shot if interested. I do know it's going to take a proven coach to handle this much talent and possibly egos. If Clippers hire a crap coach and underachieve again next season you can say goodbye to CP3.

widowmaker
03-24-2012, 01:45 PM
Blake Griffin's ability to make a meaningful impact on basketball games was overrated.

Clippersfan86
Oh GOBB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lm6td19gNo

heyhey
There's one constant about the nba,

Never trust the clippers and never write off the lakers.

Cp3 needs good role players to make an impact. He has never been able to take over games by himself. Too passive

BarberSchool
03-24-2012, 01:48 PM
Billups went down.

Coach may have lost the team, and rumor is he even got into fisticuffs with Mo Williams.This.

And I'm sure Donald Tokowitz's karma couldn't possibly help either.

El Kabong
03-24-2012, 01:55 PM
They need to do what Bill Simmons said. Pull a Varsity Blues, kick VDN out and put in Billups as the coach.

Stern
03-24-2012, 02:02 PM
Wasnt Griffen on his way to GOAT pf?

Wasnt Jordan the best center in the western conference? :lol

GOBB
03-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Oh GOBB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lm6td19gNo

He had a tough shot by one of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA. Kudos. :confusedshrug:

http://espn.go.com/nba/standings

Sixers > Clippers :roll:

iDefend5
03-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Wasnt Griffen on his way to GOAT pf?

Wasnt Jordan the best center in the western conference? :lol
No one cares what you have to say DRose1899, you only post on this account because that one got banned. Try making you trolling a little less obvious next time.

TeamLAC
03-24-2012, 02:17 PM
He had a tough shot by one of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA. Kudos. :confusedshrug:

http://espn.go.com/nba/standings

Sixers > Clippers :roll:

Yeah the Sixers > Clippers except when they play eachother...? :oldlol:

rodman91
03-24-2012, 02:21 PM
This what happends if you depend on overrated superstars & weak coach.

nathanjizzle
03-24-2012, 02:25 PM
both cp3 and griffin are overrated.

Bigsmoke
03-24-2012, 03:36 PM
to me, they are not giving it all lately.

stephanieg
03-24-2012, 04:07 PM
The fact that the Clippers are above .500 at all should make everyone uncomfortable. It's not natural. My skin is crawling just thinking about it.

no pun intended
03-24-2012, 04:07 PM
ISH: Where flip flop fans happen
Punny.

flipogb
03-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Was Billups going down that big of a blow?

it was, but considering how highly regarded CP3 is as a PG it shouldn't be a big deal

flipogb
03-24-2012, 04:10 PM
the fact that the Lakers have more lobs and wins than the Clippers is hilarious if you look back at the predictions before the season started. (of course lobs aren't important, but thats not the point here)

El Kabong
03-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Sounds like VDN is on his last legs.

Clippersfan86
03-24-2012, 04:26 PM
Bill Simmons ‏ @sportsguy33

Fascinating Memp-Clips game right now. Sterling knows VDN lost team but overruled firing him yesterday. Wanted to see 1 more game in person.

yobore
03-24-2012, 04:29 PM
As some predicted their bench is awful. It seems like they should be OK with KMart, Evans, Mo, and Foye or Young, but it doesn't get the job done. As soon as CP sits they lose all momentum, and instead of playing him continuosly he's benched in the early 4th, the team gets behind by a lot and they rarely get back into it when hes back on the court. They are an elite team with CP on the floor at +7.9 pp100 and an absolutely terrible team when he's on the bench at -8.4 pp100

TMacsOneGoodEye
03-24-2012, 05:30 PM
They are just going through the growing pains that any soon to be elite team goes through. They are still learning to play together and what each players role is. You have to learn to crawl before you can walk and run.

The NBA is in a sort of transition period where the old guard is kind of fading out (but they sure aren't going quietly) while the new guard is looking to take over and finding the old guard isn't taking a backseat so easily. Lots of new teams are still looking for their identity and the Clippers are at the top of that heap.

Clippers will figure it out eventually. Too much talent on that team to not.

Also, Del Negro really has to go, but I don't think Sterling wants to pay another coach.

Chapallaz
03-24-2012, 05:53 PM
Before the season it was: "We taking Over LA," "We Da Bess," "We gonna make a deep playoff run,""CP3 gonna win MVP"

Can you show me these threads/comments by Clipper fans? Just gimme 5 links. Should be easy since you state it like this.

Clippersfan86
03-24-2012, 05:58 PM
Can you show me these threads/comments by Clipper fans? Just gimme 5 links. Should be easy since you state it like this.

I'm responsible for the CP3 being MVP thread... but it's not farfetched. He's been a top 5 candidate all year.

Nick Young
03-24-2012, 06:07 PM
They are cursed, you can give them a lineup up Lebron, CP3, Dwight Howard, Kevin Durant and Zach Randolph with Bynum, Deron, Kevin Love off the bench and they would still find a way to underachieve fail and suck.

I love laughing at these clowns

Nick Young
03-24-2012, 06:09 PM
They are just going through the growing pains that any soon to be elite team goes through. They are still learning to play together and what each players role is. You have to learn to crawl before you can walk and run.

The NBA is in a sort of transition period where the old guard is kind of fading out (but they sure aren't going quietly) while the new guard is looking to take over and finding the old guard isn't taking a backseat so easily. Lots of new teams are still looking for their identity and the Clippers are at the top of that heap.

Also, Del Negro really has to go, but I don't think Sterling wants to pay another coach.
LAWL that has been the Clippers excuse for failure ever since they drafted Olawakandi:roll: :roll: :roll:

I.R.Beast
03-24-2012, 06:09 PM
no leadership,coach sucks overrated players(jordan,griffin, chris paul)
fixed

Force
03-24-2012, 06:10 PM

These are not growing pains. Del Hellno' offense is horrible and so predictable. They always suck in the 3rd quarter for a reason, he doesn't make adjustments, doesn't know how. His defense is bad too. He's not a good coach, he got fired by the Bulls for a reason.

GOBB
03-24-2012, 06:24 PM

Or you could do the search yourself since more people recall those things being said than not. Proof is the fact that a Clippers fan right after your post admitted he was the one who made one of those comments. And earlier in the thread when I chimed in admitted the LAC legit contenders talks as well. But yeah you need links. Uh huh.

b0bab0i
03-24-2012, 06:27 PM
They are cursed, you can give them a lineup up Lebron, CP3, Dwight Howard, Kevin Durant and Zach Randolph with Bynum, Deron, Kevin Love off the bench and they would still find a way to underachieve fail and suck.

I love laughing at these clowns
You on the Clippers now bro.:yaohappy:

BlackVVaves
03-24-2012, 06:49 PM
I called it, that the Clippers, regardless of their record at the time (11-3), was NOT a contender this year. Regardless of how determined the media was to shove them down our throat, regardless of how manic Clipper fans on this board got just because they, like virtually every team does at some point in the season, got on a roll.

I saw a team that was way too cocky, felt way to entitled. Played no defense, and way too interested in making the big play instead of the right play.

In a shortened season, with no training camp and hardly anytime to prepare sufficiently, I knew the Clippers would catch teams off guard. The same reasons that some posters are using as a reason why they are failing now is the same reason why they were winning before. 9 new players, young players, explosive, quick players. Teams were not used to this Clipper team, and it showed in how they defended them.

But then, they caught on. Yes, Billups went down, but if I remember correctly, and I know I do, even CLIPPER fans, like Clippersfan, stated that the injury would not derail the team. Clipper fans had been complaining that Billups was chucking way too much, not playing good defense, and that they needed a real 2 guard starting in his place. In addition, it was suggested that due to the "MVP's" role on the team (CP3), the Clippers would be fine. So, though I am sure the "leadership" aspect has had an effect, let's not be fooled by fans who try to use the injury to Billups as THE reason they have been flopping (pun intended).

Like I said, teams caught on, as I knew they would. And since the Clippers don't play defense, once teams figured out what they were doing, it became easy to close out games against them, as their record details. Jordan has been pretty garbage this year, particularly the last 25 games. Because of his liability at the free throw line, he never ever ends games, or even plays at critical moments of a game. And, if Griffin wasn't the franchise player he is, the same would be for him. Horrendous at the free throw line, and almost as bad at the defensive end this year, both areas that he has regressed in since last season. As it stands, Blake is not in Kevin Love's class, and you'd be a homer of the Clips to think otherwise.

The Clippers will improve and be a better team this time next year, as I knew they would. I saw and still see them as a WCF contender next season. They very well might find themselves in the second round this year, and if so I wish them well. But.

Let this season be lesson to fans, never put too much stock in how a team performs in the first month of an abbreviated season. Why? Because despite the new acquisitions, champion teams are developed, not born. So the next time the Blazers, 76ers, or Clippers get off to a hot start, remember this. The entitlement that teams like the Clippers exhibit without winning a DAMN thing is the reason they will not reach their potential. Because, regardless of what anyone says, the teams that have EARNED that entitlement, the Spurs, the Mavs, the Celtics, the Lakers, they will always be there, no matter how much they stumble throughout the season. And until someone beheads these teams, that account for the last 11 out of 13 championships, that won't be changing.

Clippersfan86
03-24-2012, 06:51 PM
I called it, that the Clippers, regardless of their record at the time (11-3), was NOT a contender this year. Regardless of how determined the media was to shove them down our throat, regardless of how manic Clipper fans on this board got just because they, like virtually every team does at some point in the season, got on a roll.

I saw a team that was way too cocky, felt way to entitled. Played no defense, and way too interested in making the big play instead of the right play.

In a shortened season, with no training camp and hardly anytime to prepare sufficiently, I knew the Clippers would catch teams off guard. The same reasons that some posters are using as a reason why they are failing now is the same reason why they were winning before. 9 new players, young players, explosive, quick players. Teams were not used to this Clipper team, and it showed in how they defended them.

But then, they caught on. Yes, Billups went down, but if I remember correctly, and I know I do, even CLIPPER fans, like Clippersfan, stated that the injury would not derail the team. Clipper fans had been complaining that Billups was chucking way too much, not playing good defense, and that they needed a real 2 guard starting in his place. In addition, it was suggested that due to the "MVP's" role on the team (CP3), the Clippers would be fine. So, though I am sure the "leadership" aspect has had an effect, let's not be fooled by fans who try to use the injury to Billups as THE reason they have been flopping (pun intended).

Like I said, teams caught on, as I knew they would. And since the Clippers don't play defense, once teams figured out what they were doing, it became easy to close out games against them, as their record details. Jordan has been pretty garbage this year, particularly the last 25 games. Because of his liability at the free throw line, he never ever ends games, or even plays at critical moments of a game. And, if Griffin wasn't the franchise player he is, the same would be for him. Horrendous at the free throw line, and almost as bad at the defensive end this year, both areas that he has regressed in since last season. As it stands, Blake is not in Kevin Love's class, and you'd be a homer of the Clips to think otherwise.

The Clippers will improve and be a better team this time next year, as I knew they would. I saw and still see them as a WCF contender next season. They very well might find themselves in the second round this year, and if so I wish them well. But.

Let this season be lesson to fans, never put too much stock in how a team performs in the first month of an abbreviated season. Why? Because despite the new acquisitions, champion teams are developed, not born. So the next time the Blazers, 76ers, or Clippers get off to a hot start, remember this. The entitlement that teams like the Clippers exhibit without winning a DAMN thing is the reason they will not reach their potential. Because, regardless of what anyone says, the teams that have EARNED that entitlement, the Spurs, the Mavs, the Celtics, the Lakers, they will always be there, no matter how much they stumble throughout the season. And until someone beheads these teams, that account for the last 11 out of 13 championships, that won't be changing.

Never did I think I'd be saying this... but great post.

Fiasco
03-24-2012, 07:09 PM
You on the Clippers now bro.:yaohappy:
:oldlol: :roll: :oldlol: :roll:

BlackVVaves
03-24-2012, 07:12 PM
Never did I think I'd be saying this... but great post.

Thanks. I do hope the Clippers get it together, because they really do have great potential. But, to do that, moving forward, they need to commit to being winners through and through. Play hard, play smart. Humble yourself, because ALL the great teams were humbled before winning their first championship, with the exception of maybe the Bill Russel Celtics.

Find a coach that can teach this team that and many other lessons needed to grow into a championship-caliber team, and find players that will be consistent (unlike Butler) and they will be in much better shape.

mjokc
03-24-2012, 07:14 PM
They were the most overrated team in the league with 2 of the most overrated players in CP3 & Griffin. They would have been much better off keeping gordon and developing their youth instead of pulling the trigger and getting exposed.

Clippersfan86
03-24-2012, 07:15 PM
Thanks. I do hope the Clippers get it together, because they really do have great potential. But, to do that, moving forward, they need to commit to being winners through and through. Play hard, play smart. Humble yourself, because ALL the great teams were humbled before winning their first championship, with the exception of maybe the Bill Russel Celtics.

Find a coach that can teach this team that and many other lessons needed to grow into a championship-caliber team, and find players that will be consistent (unlike Butler) and they will be in much better shape.

I agree that the Clippers play with a sense of entitlement they haven't earned. Lakers have earned that right with 16 titles... Clippers haven't proven jack sh**. They better wise up quick.

BlackVVaves
03-24-2012, 07:25 PM
I agree that the Clippers play with a sense of entitlement they haven't earned. Lakers have earned that right with 16 titles... Clippers haven't proven jack sh**. They better wise up quick.

Such is life. It's a by-product of being a young team that pays waaay to much to the media. Billups tried to kill the "Lob City" thing earlier in the season, because as a champion he knows that it would only hinder the youthful team.

Defense, rebounding, execution. That's how you win in the playoffs. Everything else is just added fat.

Kujo
03-24-2012, 07:32 PM
This team ain't do nothing significant with Del Negro as the head coach.

Jordan, and Griffin need to practice FT's.

maybeshewill13
03-24-2012, 07:41 PM

^ Knicks fan? How's your season going?

:yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy:

Draz
03-24-2012, 07:47 PM
Most overrated team ever.

TeamLAC
03-24-2012, 07:49 PM
Most overrated team ever.
^^^ :oldlol: :roll: :oldlol:

talkingconch
03-24-2012, 07:54 PM
^ Knicks fan? How's your season going?

:yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy:
nominated for worst post of the year

Gotterdammerung
03-24-2012, 08:18 PM
Went to today's game. The energy was palpable, the crowd was lively, and the players went hard from the opening tip.

Loved how the Clips seemed to answer every Memphis run with a solid play of their own, and remain in control throughout. The lob passes and the electric dunks of Griffin were impressive in person, much more so than some flatscreen. I tweeted that Griffin seemed to play out of control half of the time only cuz he's almost too athletic for his own good. Paul looked unguardable on many plays, almost like an orchestrator. Happy to see Gomes answer the bell with timely 3's. Memphis seemed thrown off their game and couldn't get back into it. Loved how Clipper Darrell mocked OJ Mayo throughout. :oldlol:

Some of the posters here are just trolling due to the overreaction and undue hype the Clips had earlier.

Clippers will have to prove themselves by surviving adversity -- be it a shitty coach or the media or the Clipper Curse.

LakersReign
03-25-2012, 01:34 AM
The hype disappeared, along with all the sudden Clippers bandwagoners, once they started losing games. I can agree with being a real fan of a team and being excited that they may have made a trade to make them contend for a title. What I disagree with is the unnecessary hype that all these supposed Clippers fans had. They were talking about the Clippers going to the Finals and all that. And the minute people said "hey...slow down...we know you're excited but hold on....it's the Clippers were talking about." It was suddenly you're a hater and scared of the Clippers. Nobody's scared of them now, just like nobody was scared of them a few months ago. It was all hype. And most of the ones talking the loudest trash, have long hault a**:facepalm

b0bab0i
03-25-2012, 01:54 AM
The hype disappeared, along with all the sudden Clippers bandwagoners, once they started losing games. I can agree with being a real fan of a team and being excited that they may have made a trade to make them contend for a title. What I disagree with is the unnecessary hype that all these supposed Clippers fans had. They were talking about the Clippers going to the Finals and all that. And the minute people said "hey...slow down...we know you're excited but hold on....it's the Clippers were talking about." It was suddenly you're a hater and scared of the Clippers. Nobody's scared of them now, just like nobody was scared of them a few months ago. It was all hype. And most of the ones talking the loudest trash, have long hault a**:facepalm
LoL What? Not all of us said they were going to Finals this year. Lots of us said they would make it to the second round.

LakersReign
03-25-2012, 01:59 AM
LoL What? Not all of us said they were going to Finals this year. Lots of us said they would make it to the second round.

A lot of the bandwagon Clippers fans said they were going to the Finals, as well as some real Clippers fans too. Whether you said it or not is irrelevant, cuz for the most part a lot of them, besides you were saying it back then.

qrich
03-25-2012, 02:36 AM
Skimmed through the thread so might be repeating what others have already posted, but yes, Billups was that important. He's the only guy with championship experience and seemed to be the mediator between the players and the coaching staff, as it is obvious Paul and company do NOT like Vinny, nor are they fond of Marc Iavaroni (sp?) taking over when and if Vinny gets canned. Without Billups presence on and off the court (don't think he has yet joined the team on the bench like he said he would as soon as he could), the Clippers have no leadership. Blake has let his highlight dunks get to his head and Paul, while an amazing player and closer in the 4th, seems to be lacking when it comes to being a leader the way Sam Cassell, for example, once did. Along with all of that, without Billups, the bench was severely lacking as Foye was thrusted into the starting unit when he and Mo provided a nice 1-2 punch at the guard spots prior to the injury. Butler and Mo started coming back down to earth as well.

Most of all, it's Del Negro's rotations, in my opinion, and his lack of ability to get the team motivated day in and day out. Us Clipper fans faced the same issue with Dunleavy (though never a talented squad as this one, even the Cassell-Cat-Ross-Brand-Kaman days with Livingston-Maggs-Radman-Rebraca off the bench, though it was a much deeper side) and it was blatant that Cass was the teams motivator. His rotations are also abysmal. A guy can be on fire, going 4-4 and will be sitting on the bench for 15 minutes and come back ice cold.

I still think the Clippers are a 2nd round team but I also wouldn't be shocked to see them making the Conf Finals nor would I be shocked if they were one and done. The current 5-game home stand is going to make or break the season and they started it off nicely with a big win. With New Orleans, Phoenix, Portland and Utah left on the home stand, Clips can push themselves closer to the Lakers (back 3 right now) as they still have one game left.

To those that said the Clippers would be title contenders at the start, simply should not have been taken seriously. Not many teams make as many changes as the Clippers and contend right away. Boston and Miami are the lone exceptions in recent history.

Edit: I also believe the great start of the year put the Clippers under a bigger magnifying glass in order to succeed, similar to the Jazz with the start that they had.

A lot of the bandwagon Clippers fans said they were going to the Finals, as well as some real Clippers fans too. Whether you said it or not is irrelevant, cuz for the most part a lot of them, besides you were saying it back then.

Can you name some of the Clipper fans that said the Clippers were going to the Finals? I've read some people say that if everything fell into place perfectly, the Clippers could end up there, but none saying it was a sure thing?

Clippersfan86
03-25-2012, 02:53 AM
I'm the biggest Clipper homer here apparently and I said 2nd round with a SHOT at the WCF if they get the right match ups and kept up great play. That isn't saying much because about 5 teams in the west have a shot at WCF with right match ups.

Not a single Clippers fan here expected or predicted finals first year and anybody saying that is full of sh** and trolling.

LA_Showtime
03-25-2012, 02:55 AM
I'm the biggest Clipper homer here apparently and I said 2nd round with a SHOT at the WCF if they get the right match ups and kept up great play. That isn't saying much because about 5 teams in the west have a shot at WCF with right match ups.

Not a single Clippers fan here expected or predicted finals first year and anybody saying that is full of sh** and trolling.

Sounds about right. First or second round exit, get the young guys experience, get management to realize Del Negro sucks, etc.

Clippersfan86
03-25-2012, 02:59 AM
Sounds about right. First or second round exit, get the young guys experience, get management to realize Del Negro sucks, etc.

With way they have played last 1.5 months or so.. I'd be surprised if they get to second round but 2nd round is their cap I believe until they get a better coach like you said and have a full summer+training camp to practice and gel. I think they will be much scarier next year.

LakersReign
03-25-2012, 03:03 AM
Can you name some of the Clipper fans that said the Clippers were going to the Finals? I've read some people say that if everything fell into place perfectly, the Clippers could end up there, but none saying it was a sure thing?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250061

Clippersfan86
03-25-2012, 03:06 AM

So one poster....? None of the more frequent posting Clipper fans.

qrich
03-25-2012, 03:10 AM
:

I see the thread starter (many view him as a troll), BigSmoke (who isn't a Clipper fan and is from Illinois) All Net (a Laker fan saying he wouldn't be shocked if the Clips made the finals), king Bynum (another Laker fan, seemed to be a sarcastic post), Kobr (another Laker fan), Mr. Jabaar (another Laker fan saying Clips can win it all), Enoughsaid (Heat fan saying they'll see Clips in June)

That's about the gist of that thread with SenelCoolidge saying Clips have plenty of options on the offensive end and they'll surprise people but no finals guarantee.

Still don't see Clipper fans guaranteeing a finals appearance though:confusedshrug

LakersReign
03-25-2012, 03:35 AM
:

I see the thread starter (many view him as a troll), BigSmoke (who isn't a Clipper fan and is from Illinois) All Net (a Laker fan saying he wouldn't be shocked if the Clips made the finals), king Bynum (another Laker fan, seemed to be a sarcastic post), Kobr (another Laker fan), Mr. Jabaar (another Laker fan saying Clips can win it all), Enoughsaid (Heat fan saying they'll see Clips in June)

That's about the gist of that thread with SenelCoolidge saying Clips have plenty of options on the offensive end and they'll surprise people but no finals guarantee.

Still don't see Clipper fans guaranteeing a finals appearance though:confusedshrug

You asked for a thread and that's what I gave you. Doesn't matter to me what who thinks who is what. My point was proven that "Clippers fans" were talking championship a few months ago after signing Paul. They were like 20 threads on here everyday back then.

qrich
03-25-2012, 03:38 AM
You asked for a thread and that's what I gave you. Doesn't matter to me what who thinks who is what. My point was proven that "Clippers fans" were talking championship a few months ago after signing Paul. They were like 20 threads on here everyday back then.

I asked you for names of the Clipper fans that said the finals was a sure thing. You provided me with a thread showing one Clipper fan (who I've never really seen and seems to be considered a troll) and a bunch of other teams fans discussing it. Saw more Laker fans in that thread saying they won't be shocked if Clips went all the way then Clipper fans saying its a sure thing.

LakersReign
03-25-2012, 03:43 AM
I asked you for names of the Clipper fans that said the finals was a sure thing. You provided me with a thread showing one Clipper fan (who I've never really seen and seems to be considered a troll) and a bunch of other teams fans discussing it. Saw more Laker fans in that thread saying they won't be shocked if Clips went all the way then Clipper fans saying its a sure thing.

Yeah....uh huh....right....sure:rolleyes:

What I saw was Laker fans not getting shook by all the Clippers championship talk since we already knew it was going to fade like it did.:sleeping

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
03-25-2012, 03:45 AM

its the new stupid clipp fans that are troll...specially the guy clippersfan86 and bgriffins_dad...

you are cool man...you been here long enough...

qrich
03-25-2012, 03:47 AM
Yeah....uh huh....right....sure:rolleyes:

What I saw was Laker fans not getting shook by all the Clippers championship talk since we already knew it was going to fade like it did.:sleeping

Did you even read the thread for which you provided the link?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6834222&postcount=44

Lol whats up with all the "Clippers missing this and that to be contenders" BS? No team is perfect in the contender tier, and Clippers just merge well all-together, they could win it all.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6834198&postcount=41

This shortened season has been pretty unpredictable. Seems like anything can happen, so I wouldn't be too surprised to see Paul and Griffin lead their team to tough playoff wins.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6823463&postcount=10

They certainly have a shot, there isn't a clear standout team out west. Thunder may look like the best team but Clips would certainly give them problems in a 7 game series.

Clippersfan86
03-25-2012, 03:48 AM
its the new stupid clipp fans that are troll...specially the guy clippersfan86 and bgriffins_dad...

I'm far from a troll and I NEVER predicted the Clippers to make the finals so stay on topic and don't mention my name douche.

LakersReign
03-25-2012, 04:00 AM
Did you even read the thread for which you provided the link?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6834222&postcount=44

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6834198&postcount=41

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6823463&postcount=10

I'm not trying to argue with you, bruh. All I'm saying is with like 20 threads a day about the Clippers a lot of people were talking a lot of trash. It's real easy to try to differentiate now, cuz the Clippers aren't doing so hot right now. But the fact remains, like I said before, the most people talking the loudest were the bandwagoners.

Fiasco
03-25-2012, 04:42 AM
Unwarranted hype? When was the last time the Clippers lead the division, even for a brief amount of time? They're 3 games behind the Lakers with plenty more to play down the stretch. Most people had them around 3/4 in the West and they are sitting in 4th place even after the ridiculous meltdowns from last week.

Lakersreign is trying to paint all the Clippers fans with one generic brush, and when he's asked to provide evidence of real Clipper fans saying "We were a lock to make the Finals" (BGriffin's Dad has admitted to not even being a Clipper fan) he has to change his argument. Please do everyone a favor and stop embarrassing yourself.

Hyperbole, exaggeration, and confirmation bias in someone's posts are all signs of a troll. It's getting a little ridiculous around here... but I can't say I'm surprised.

LakersReign
03-25-2012, 04:49 AM
Unwarranted hype? When was the last time the Clippers lead the division, even for a brief amount of time? They're 3 games behind the Lakers with plenty more to play down the stretch. Most people had them around 3/4 in the West and they are sitting in 4th place even after the ridiculous meltdowns from last week.

Lakersreign is trying to paint all the Clippers fans with one generic brush, and when he's asked to provide evidence of real Clipper fans saying "We were a lock to make the Finals" (BGriffin's Dad has admitted to not even being a Clipper fan) he has to change his argument. Please do everyone a favor and stop embarrassing yourself.

Hyperbole, exaggeration, and confirmation bias in someone's posts are all signs of a troll. It's getting a little ridiculous around here... but I can't say I'm surprised.

Just gotta love "fake outrage.":rolleyes:

Like you're so "self righteous" and never did the same thing to the Lakers and their fans? Please. And repeating me like a pathetic parrot just makes you look even worse. For the most part, I was talking about Clippers bandwagoners, and if you had bothered to actually read my posts, before responding you wouldn't look so stupid right now:facepalm

qrich
03-25-2012, 04:53 AM

I get as much, I was just wondering who said Clips were a sure thing.

I'm not trying to argue with you, bruh. All I'm saying is with like 20 threads a day about the Clippers a lot of people were talking a lot of trash. It's real easy to try to differentiate now, cuz the Clippers aren't doing so hot right now. But the fact remains, like I said before, the most people talking the loudest were the bandwagoners.

Wasn't trying to argue either, was just curious on who the Clip fans were that said Clips were a lock to the finals. I know I've said Clips had a chance for the finals but never said a sure thing. 2nd round KO is what I'm honestly expecting still.

Magic bird
03-25-2012, 04:55 AM
Billups = Veteran
Veteran = Good leadership

Fiasco
03-25-2012, 05:05 AM
Just gotta love "fake outrage.":rolleyes:

I'm not angry in the slightest. I'm educating you, something your parents have obviously failed to do.

You wrote:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7072668&postcount=69

When qrich asked for evidence of Clippers fans predicting a Finals appearance, you provided a thread started by a known troll who isn't even a Clipper fan. You then backtracked and then posted this:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7073155&postcount=83

You failed to identify even one real fan that claimed the Clippers were headed to the Finals and when your argument collapsed on you, you created a strawman argument to draw attention away from the fact that you are a certified moron.

Like you're so "self righteous" and never did the same thing to the Lakers and their fans? Please.

I call bullshit out (read: your stupidity) regardless of the poster's team. Been doing it since '08, and I don't think I'll be stopping anytime soon.

And repeating me like a pathetic parrot just makes you look even worse. For the most part, I was talking about Clippers bandwagoners, and if you had bothered to actually read my posts, before responding you wouldn't look so stupid right now:facepalm

I read your posts. I don't think you have yourself.

LakersReign
03-25-2012, 05:15 AM
I'm not angry in the slightest. I'm educating you, something your parents have obviously failed to do.

You wrote:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7072668&postcount=69

When qrich asked for evidence of Clippers fans predicting a Finals appearance, you provided a thread started by a known troll who isn't even a Clipper fan. You then backtracked and then posted this:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7073155&postcount=83

You failed to identify even one real fan that claimed the Clippers were headed to the Finals and when your argument collapsed on you, you created a strawman argument to draw attention away from the fact that you are a certified moron.

I call bullshit out (read: your stupidity) regardless of the poster's team. Been doing it since '08, and I don't think I'll be stopping anytime soon.

I read your posts. I don't think you have yourself.

Yet another idiot on ISH, TRYING to tell me about myself, without knowing me, or knowing anything about me.:rolleyes:

Keep trying dude....just keep trying:sleeping

Chapallaz
03-25-2012, 06:01 AM
Or you could do the search yourself since more people recall those things being said than not. Proof is the fact that a Clippers fan right after your post admitted he was the one who made one of those comments. And earlier in the thread when I chimed in admitted the LAC legit contenders talks as well. But yeah you need links. Uh huh.

I'm not the one who started the thread or claimed these things. If you clasim we Clipper fans said all those things and overran the boards, give us a few good examples. If not, you're clearly trolling.

TheCalmInsanity
03-25-2012, 06:24 AM
Yet another idiot on ISH, TRYING to tell me about myself, without knowing me, or knowing anything about me.:rolleyes:

Keep trying dude....just keep trying:sleeping

I love how he responded to you with evidence, quotes from you, and facts.. and you respond with him not knowing you.

Cool.. so knowing that you live in a basement with 3 cats will do anything for this argument? This argument is based on what you said in this thread, not who you are as a person or what rank you have in modern society.

TheCalmInsanity
03-25-2012, 06:27 AM
On topic, yeah there were a few Clipper fans (or bandwagon fans) that felt like it was possible. I always try to undershoot my expectations so either it comes true or is better than I imagined. I knew this team would take a while to gel and the Chauncey Billups injury made everything even worse.

This Clippers team is just in a crazy slump, you can tell from their body language and how they just don't have that fire anymore during close games in the 4th (and how they've only been trying to play while they're down in the 4th quarter.. not a good sign). Can't use the fatigue excuse because every team in the league has this same schedule. It's obviously in their heads- the sooner they get rid of the bad taste in their mouths the sooner they can get back on track.

LakersReign
03-25-2012, 06:32 AM
I love how he responded to you with evidence, quotes from you, and facts.. and you respond with him not knowing you.

Cool.. so knowing that you live in a basement with 3 cats will do anything for this argument? This argument is based on what you said in this thread, not who you are as a person or what rank you have in modern society.

Please continue trying to tell me about myself, without knowing me or knowing a damn thing about me. Expecting me to take you and anything else you say seriously after that:sleeping

TheCalmInsanity
03-25-2012, 03:15 PM
Please continue trying to tell me about myself, without knowing me or knowing a damn thing about me. Expecting me to take you and anything else you say seriously after that:sleeping

You took the basement thing seriously? My oh my, do I feel bad for you now...

Oh and, you still have no legit argument btw. Just defending yourself from "personal attacks" at this point

GOBB
03-25-2012, 03:45 PM
I'm not the one who started the thread or claimed these things. If you clasim we Clipper fans said all those things and overran the boards, give us a few good examples. If not, you're clearly trolling.

If the shoe doesnt fit for you? Stop trying to wear it. :confusedshrug:

Even Clippers fans admitted that there were some here making those statements. But yet you want links, threads, SS#'s to boot.

LakersReign
03-25-2012, 04:08 PM
You took the basement thing seriously? My oh my, do I feel bad for you now...

Oh and, you still have no legit argument btw. Just defending yourself from "personal attacks" at this point

Your(thecalminsanity) pathetic delusions and how you(thecalminsanity) deal with them to make you feel better about yourself, is your(thecalminsanity) problem, not mine:sleeping

knickswin
03-25-2012, 04:57 PM
they should pick up D'Antoni in the off season. They're not getting Sloan, and it's not like they're really a Jerry Sloan type team anyway. D'Antoni would really connect with Chris Paul. Plus D'Antoni brings with him Phil Weber who is supposedly one of the best shooting coaches in the league. He's the guy who taught Amar'e how to shoot (not that Amar'e is the world's greatest shooter, but Amar'e is a consistent 77-82% free throw shooter which would be a great goal for Blake).

Griffin isn't a real alpha and omega post-up guy yet, so there's no real tension there. Under D'Antoni, Paul would run everything for the most part, which is fine. He'd let Griffin get a few isolation possessions a game like he let Amar'e do last season, and it'll be fine.

Celtics4ever
03-25-2012, 05:32 PM
CP3 getting exposed. I would trade him while he still has some value. I would love to see DWill on the Clips. I think he would make that team a killer.

Chapallaz
03-26-2012, 11:37 AM
If the shoe doesnt fit for you? Stop trying to wear it. :confusedshrug:

Even Clippers fans admitted that there were some here making those statements. But yet you want links, threads, SS#'s to boot.

Which is normal. So far I've seen a few bandwagon fans who might have joiuned a few months ago admit being .... bandwagoneers... fans of a hype... but we both know there were 5 maybe 6 Clippers fans before Griffin busted out as a rookie.

They don't state any of the things mentioned. YET you feel like you need an explanation of all the Clipper fans hyping up this team.

So I'm asking you, are you really that retarded? Do you really need us to explain the concept of a hype? Of bandwagoneers? If so, let me know and I'll give you some pointers.:oldlol: You've been here long enough to know how this works, yet you're all up in arms about dumb shit we see happening every season.

GOBB
03-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Which is normal. So far I've seen a few bandwagon fans who might have joiuned a few months ago admit being .... bandwagoneers... fans of a hype... but we both know there were 5 maybe 6 Clippers fans before Griffin busted out as a rookie.

They don't state any of the things mentioned. YET you feel like you need an explanation of all the Clipper fans hyping up this team.

So I'm asking you, are you really that retarded? Do you really need us to explain the concept of a hype? Of bandwagoneers? If so, let me know and I'll give you some pointers.:oldlol: You've been here long enough to know how this works, yet you're all up in arms about dumb shit we see happening every season.

So Clippersfan86 is a bandwagon fan. Interesting.

I've never seen you post much on the Clippers at all. Yet here you are, in a thread being offended of the accusation? Interesting part II.

:rolleyes:

Like I said little girl if the shoe doesnt fit, why are you squeezing into them and complaining they hurt? :roll: Take them off

Darius
03-26-2012, 12:53 PM
Chauncey Billups went down.

Caron Butler stopped making shots.

Mo Williams cooled off.

Jumpshooting team with guys that aren't making jump shots.

Darius
03-26-2012, 12:54 PM
CP3 getting exposed. I would trade him while he still has some value. I would love to see DWill on the Clips. I think he would make that team a killer.

Exposed how? As one of the best players in the league.

CP3 is the only problem the Clippers don't have.

Clippersfan86
03-26-2012, 01:00 PM
Chauncey Billups went down.

Caron Butler stopped making shots.

Mo Williams cooled off.

Jumpshooting team with guys that aren't making jump shots.

Working against strengths. The way the Clippers stomped the Grizzlies last game was defense+attacking the rim. That's obviously working to the rosters strengths and produced a convincing win. They are too athletic for most teams and need to attack more. Shooting a ton of 5's isn't their strength. They can still shoot 3's... but only on kickouts from post.

Chapallaz
03-26-2012, 02:11 PM
So Clippersfan86 is a bandwagon fan. Interesting.

I've never seen you post much on the Clippers at all. Yet here you are, in a thread being offended of the accusation? Interesting part II.

:rolleyes:

Like I said little girl if the shoe doesnt fit, why are you squeezing into them and complaining they hurt? :roll: Take them off

What you're the all seeing eye now? :oldlol: Maybe you need to pay more attention instead of wasting effort to stand out. Here: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ix=sea&ie=UTF-8&ion=1#hl=nl&safe=off&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=site%3Ainsidehoops.com%20chapallaz%20clippers&oq=&aq=&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=&pbx=1&fp=794f796b9b85ca2f&ix=sea&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=677 Enjoy the read.

Chapallaz
03-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Working against strengths. The way the Clippers stomped the Grizzlies last game was defense+attacking the rim. That's obviously working to the rosters strengths and produced a convincing win. They are too athletic for most teams and need to attack more. Shooting a ton of 5's isn't their strength. They can still shoot 3's... but only on kickouts from post.
http://misterirrelevant.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/antoine-bird-shimmy.jpg

Darius
03-26-2012, 04:03 PM

Defense and attacking the rim are weaknesses.

Who on our squad can attack the rim?

There are only 2 guys:

Chris Paul, who is small and needs to pick his spots.

Blake Griffin, who just doesn't do it.

In addition to my last post I'll add this:

The biggest problem with the Clippers is CP3 and Blake Griffin have no Chemistry.

They both "get theirs" but they don't make each other significantly better.

The theoretical P&R that was going to take the league by storm never appeared.

Clippersfan86
03-26-2012, 04:20 PM

There are only 2 guys:

The biggest problem with the Clippers is CP3 and Blake Griffin have no Chemistry.

I disagree. Young is very capable of getting to thr rim. When Butler does it like against Grizzles we are extremely hard to beat. Reality is Clippers are a paint and slashing team more than a lights out shooting team. The more they score in paint and get to line, better they are.

Darius
03-26-2012, 06:04 PM
I disagree. Young is very capable of getting to thr rim. When Butler does it like against Grizzles we are extremely hard to beat. Reality is Clippers are a paint and slashing team more than a lights out shooting team. The more they score in paint and get to line, better they are.

Young joined the team like 4 games ago... how does that effect the Clipper's hype coming in?

Butler? Dude can't even jump over a piece of paper. He ain't finishing in the lane.

qrich
03-26-2012, 06:16 PM

There are only 2 guys:

Bingo

Glide2keva
03-26-2012, 06:29 PM
People realized that they are the Clippers and moved on.

Clippersfan86
03-26-2012, 07:25 PM
Young joined the team like 4 games ago... how does that effect the Clipper's hype coming in?

Butler? Dude can't even jump over a piece of paper. He ain't finishing in the lane.

Butler scored 5 times inside the paint and only once outside of it on Saturday bud. Doesn't mean he can do that every game but WHEN he is doing that... we are much better. I didn't say he's a high flier.

Nick Young got to the line 8 times his first game as a Clipper and is good for a few free throw attempts a game (about what Billups got last I saw). The last thing this team wants to become is a jump shooting team in the mold of the Orlando Magic. Even if we only have 4-5 players capable of getting to the rim it doesn't matter. That's what the team needs to do and when they are best.

Hell Randy Foye is great at getting to the line and slashing to the hoop when he doesn't settle for jumpers. Much like the defensive issues.. this isn't a lack of personnel. It's a lack of a coach forcing the team to work to it's strengths.

Remember this team was 2nd in the league last year at points in the paint with Griffin leading the way. This team needs to remember the live by the 3 die by the 3 idea. You can beat anybody if you're hitting 10+ threes a game but it's obviously not a sustainable playstyle. Defense, scoring in the paint and working hard IS sustainable. Which is why in my opinion Saturday was their best win of season. They won with defense and hard work, not getting lucky and hitting 10-15 threes like in all their other big wins.

SpecialQue
03-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Clippers = Really good team, potential to be great. Why is this a bad thing?