PDA

View Full Version : Goran Dragic

SunsCaptain
03-25-2012, 01:15 AM
Goran Dragic has always been one of the best players in the NBA but never given an opportunity to showcase his talents...until now. Here is why opponents fear the dragon....

Over the last 8 games AS A STARTER Dragic has averaged:

15.8/3.5/9.6

51% FG 41% 3PT 82% FT

2 steals per game

And to top it all off 32% of his rebounds are offensive.

Here are the single game highs:

23 points (57% fg)

14 assists

Even a game with 4 steals.

:bowdown:

And tonight for the 9th straight game Goran plays amazing:

24/5/8

7-14 FG 5-7 3PT 5-6 FT

:cheers:

Another great game 14/4/10 on 50% FG!

:applause:

And again!

7-15 17 points 7 assists 4 steals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rockon:

And....again!

9-14 25 points 7 assists

:pimp:

So far in his 14 games as a starter he is averaging:

52% FG 44% 3PT 83% FT

17 PPG 4 RPG 9 APG

And? Again.

8-14

22/6/6

:D

UPDATE:

.53 .44 .81

18/4/9

as a starter....

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w104/Samanthav_03/Suns/dragic.jpg

brandonislegend
03-25-2012, 01:26 AM
Glad I picked him up on fantasy when Lowry went down

maybeshewill13
03-25-2012, 01:26 AM
"Goran Dragic has always been one of the best players in the NBA.. "

http://i44.tinypic.com/21kgxhe.gif

fsvr54
03-25-2012, 01:32 AM

Way to take it completely out of context. :facepalm

Pra
03-25-2012, 01:33 AM
Wish I hadn't cut him earlier in the season in Fantasy :banghead:

maybeshewill13
03-25-2012, 01:34 AM
Way to take it completely out of context. :facepalm

:biggums:

Explain to me how it is taken out of context my good man?

Quote is right there.

jb220
03-25-2012, 01:37 AM
Goran Dragic has always been one of the best players in the NBA

fsvr54
03-25-2012, 01:45 AM

Quote is right there.

He didn't say he's one of the best players in the nba, he said he's one of the best that hasn't been given opportunities to show his skills.

Edit: Okay, my bad, I read the sentence wrong. We good?

mentallooser
03-25-2012, 01:48 AM
I really thought he was going to take over for Nash someday. I still don't understand the trade. If you are Houston though, You can't be mad about it.

SunsCaptain
03-25-2012, 01:50 AM
I really thought he was going to take over for Nash someday. I still don't understand the trade. If you are Houston though, You can't be mad about it.

So did I....I was actually really excited for the Dragic era... But now I guess Houston gets to enjoy the ride.

Maybe he will come back 1 day :cry: and not in just games against us lol

Maniak
03-25-2012, 01:52 AM
I feel that whenever I see a Dragic thread all I do is go in it and cry about the suns trading him...

:cry: :cry: :cry:

spiegel
03-25-2012, 02:07 AM

Quote is right there.
I'll take Goran over Lin every day of the week and two sundays.

Myth
03-25-2012, 02:11 AM
Goran Dragic has always been one of the best players in the NBA

You must have a pretty loose definition for "one of the best."

spiegel
03-25-2012, 02:14 AM
Goran has been amazing for us. Infact i dont think we'll lose anything if we decided to trade lowry in a packiage with either scola or martin for a lottery pick/superstar . The Rockets will give him a very good offer and if lowry gets traded he'll run the team for years to come.

spiegel
03-25-2012, 02:18 AM
You must have a pretty loose definition for "one of the best."
I think he probaly meant better " prospects' which Dragon has allways been. Right now at worst he is playing like a top 6 PG.

maybeshewill13
03-25-2012, 02:25 AM
He didn't say he's one of the best players in the nba, he said he's one of the best that hasn't been given opportunities to show his skills.

Edit: Okay, my bad, I read the sentence wrong. We good?

Lol yes we're good, I was about to link you the OP again so you could have another read :D

maybeshewill13
03-25-2012, 02:28 AM
I'll take Goran over Lin every day of the week and two sundays.

I wasn't saying Lin was better, in fact the gif was both suitable in it imitated my reaction to the quote, as well as that Lin was spoken about exactly like this after he played a bunch of good games not that long ago, in similar circumstances.

Now look, yes he's a good player (Lin), but no where near that same production as that first stretch of games. Dragic is great, and he should get more opportunity (would on other teams), but "one of the best in the NBA" is :roll:

SunsCaptain
03-25-2012, 02:39 AM
I wasn't saying Lin was better, in fact the gif was both suitable in it imitated my reaction to the quote, as well as that Lin was spoken about exactly like this after he played a bunch of good games not that long ago, in similar circumstances.

Now look, yes he's a good player (Lin), but no where near that same production as that first stretch of games. Dragic is great, and he should get more opportunity (would on other teams), but "one of the best in the NBA" is :roll:

Just because you have watched him play a few games? I have watched him over the course of his career. And he has always been a great player. I stand firm on my original quote.

Now lets get back to what this thread is about. I tried to ingore you but you seem set on trying to destroy a topic about a young talented NBA player who is getting the chance he deserves to showcase his talent.

This thread is about Dragics recent performance not my opinion of him.

Dragic is the man!

maybeshewill13
03-25-2012, 02:43 AM
Just because you have watched him play a few games? I have watched him over the course of his career. And he has always been a great player. I stand firm on my original quote.

Now lets get back to what this thread is about. I tried to ingore you but you seem set on trying to destroy a topic about a young talented NBA player who is getting the chance he deserves to showcase his talent.

This thread is about Dragics recent performance not my opinion of him.

Dragic is the man!

Are you that ignorant to ignore the fact I said he's a great player? What he has done over the last few weeks has been awesome, the team needed him to step up.

Really though, are you actually saying that you think he is "one of the best in the NBA"? I just want to get that clear.

Xiao Yao You
03-25-2012, 05:11 AM

Aaron Brooks put up 20 a game the year before. He was Houston's best player before getting hurt last year and losing his starting job.

PrimeJohnnyDepp
03-25-2012, 09:03 AM
Dragic with a nashty pass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQGXEkHduBg

Dragic jumps over Kobe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6oB-M4uWow

:coleman:

BCardinalMVP
03-25-2012, 09:07 AM
Wish I hadn't cut him earlier in the season in Fantasy :banghead:

yep :cry:

Eric Cartman
03-25-2012, 09:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6oB-M4uWow

Kobe got flat out embarrased by Goran. :lol

SteveNashMVPcro
03-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Wow the Suns' magament is stupid as ****.I mean who came up with the idea to trade the most talented young player on our team.
Now the Suns' need a back up playmaker when Nash is out.Their bench averages 2nd or 3rd fewest apg in the league if I'm not wrong

Xiao Yao You
03-25-2012, 12:07 PM
Wow the Suns' magament is stupid as ****.I mean who came up with the idea to trade the most talented young player on our team.
Now the Suns' need a back up playmaker when Nash is out.Their bench averages 2nd or 3rd fewest apg in the league if I'm not wrong

Not like they didn't get anything back in the deal.

3peated
03-25-2012, 12:41 PM

i like this gif, a lot.

rodman91
03-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Too bad he isn't asian so noone will give a **** :oldlol:

http://meldilla.mywapblog.com/files/floyd-mayweather.jpg

SteveNashMVPcro
03-25-2012, 03:46 PM
Not like they didn't get anything back in the deal.
They got Brooks who didn't fit with the 2nd unit and is curently in China

Jotaro Durant
03-25-2012, 03:49 PM
sunscaptain
gortat picture
dragic thread

op is black:kobe:

SunsCaptain
03-25-2012, 05:33 PM
sunscaptain
gortat picture
dragic thread

op is black:kobe:

:sleeping

TheAesirsFinest
03-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Love him on the Rockets. I wonder how the staff is going to manage both him and Lowry on the team though...

Xiao Yao You
03-25-2012, 06:21 PM
They got Brooks who didn't fit with the 2nd unit and is curently in China

But he was Houston's best player two years ago. He plays a much different game than Dragic and Nash. Pretty easy to see why they'd make the trade. Not like they knew he'd be in China.

SunsCaptain
03-26-2012, 10:43 PM
GORANNNN DRAGICCCC

The dragon is:

14/4/10 on 50% FG Mmmmmm

TheAesirsFinest
03-26-2012, 10:51 PM
GORANNNN DRAGICCCC

The dragon is:

14/4/10 on 50% FG Mmmmmm

That ankle injury better be minor. I swear, our PG position is cursed :facepalm

SunsCaptain
03-26-2012, 10:51 PM
When Kyle Lowry recovers he will be a great back-up to Dragic.

But seriously how do you Rockets fans feel about this?

Dragic is a very consistant player with great numbers...

It obviously a topic of debate atm.

boojitede
03-26-2012, 11:20 PM
still cant believe we got rid of him...

Jotaro Durant
03-26-2012, 11:31 PM
dragic is injured now too?woooooooooooooooooooow lowry martin dragic........bad luck for rockets

GOBB
03-26-2012, 11:38 PM
So 10gms determines so much. Wait this is ISH, nevermind. The norm here.

SunsCaptain
03-26-2012, 11:40 PM

No what is...is people like me know how good a player like dragic is because I have watched him play for years...then people like you dont know any1 besides kobe and lebron....

:facepalm

blacknapalm
03-26-2012, 11:43 PM

no. 11 career starts BEFORE tthis season: 13.6 pts, 7.5 asts, 5.6 rebs, 1.6 treys, 1.3 stls

he has good PG instincts. great ball handler, above average court vision, can get into the paint, can finish with both hands, impressive footwork.

that's not even including the playoff game where he pretty much took over the 4th qtr vs the spurs and gave the suns a win by scoring 20+. and that's when SA were an elite defensive team

the guy is a starting PG in this league

GOBB
03-26-2012, 11:44 PM
No what is...is people like me know how good a player like dragic is because I have watched him play for years...then people like you dont know any1 besides kobe and lebron....

Right you surely showed you've watched Dragic for years by posting stats. :roll:

I guess you havent been following Kyle Lowry this season. Oh no, oh no I hear the pitter patter of you smacking those keys to show me "stats" again.

Idiot.

SunsCaptain
03-26-2012, 11:46 PM
Right you surely showed you've watched Dragic for years by posting stats. :roll:

I guess you havent been following Kyle Lowry this season. Oh no, oh no I hear the pitter patter of you smacking those keys to show me "stats" again.

Idiot.

U can see my other thread for stats comparing the two players. Dragic is better we can go back in time for key pattering....

And yes i watched dragic play his whole career even for slovenia (which he didnt play the best) His brother also played for the tewam and was pretty solid. Cant shoot but a good slasher....

u got rolled son....

GOBB
03-26-2012, 11:49 PM
Dragic isnt doing anything Kyle Lowry hasnt done. Get over it.

SunsCaptain
03-26-2012, 11:50 PM

lol the sign of defeat.

bballbball
03-27-2012, 12:05 AM
He's easily been the Rockets MVP and leader the last few weeks. Especially in their comeback win in OKC and against the Lakers. Been beasting for sure, and he plays good D, and doesn't flop.

GOBB
03-27-2012, 12:08 AM
lol the sign of defeat.

Defeat? You said nothing but you followed Dragic in smelly gyms in Slovenia. :roll:

Lowlry played 38gms and was among the leaders for Most Improved Player prior to his injury.l Somehow 10gms by Dragic whom you called a silly nickname "The Dragon" trumps that. What has Dragic done that Lowry has not? You have no answer to this. Zero. You defeated yourself letting us in on your mancrush.

Scoooter
03-27-2012, 12:10 AM
I always liked this guy. I wanted the Knicks to try and get him before Lowry went down.

spiegel
03-27-2012, 12:10 AM
But he was Houston's best player two years ago. He plays a much different game than Dragic and Nash. Pretty easy to see why they'd make the trade. Not like they knew he'd be in China.
Brooks was never our best player. That was Yao two years ago.

spiegel
03-27-2012, 12:12 AM
You jinxed him dude now he is injured man. This means Lee will start at the one and probaly chase at the two and Boykins damn good in his debute tonight will backup Lee. Really impressed with little earl tonight.

blacknapalm
03-27-2012, 12:15 AM
You jinxed him dude now he is injured man. This means Lee will start at the one and probaly chase at the two and Boykins damn good in his debute tonight will backup Lee. Really impressed with little earl tonight.

he said the sprain was minor and would play

bballbball
03-27-2012, 12:20 AM
When Kyle Lowry recovers he will be a great back-up to Dragic.

But seriously how do you Rockets fans feel about this?

Dragic is a very consistant player with great numbers...

It obviously a topic of debate atm.

It is. Poll on the Rockets forum has Dragic ahead as the better option at PG than Lowry (healthy). Problem is Lowry is playing on a good value contract and Dragic is a free agent in the offseason. I'd rather sign Dragic and trade Lowry, Martin for a star big.

blacknapalm
03-27-2012, 12:20 AM
Defeat? You said nothing but you followed Dragic in smelly gyms in Slovenia. :roll:

Lowlry played 38gms and was among the leaders for Most Improved Player prior to his injury.l Somehow 10gms by Dragic whom you called a silly nickname "The Dragon" trumps that. What has Dragic done that Lowry has not? You have no answer to this. Zero. You defeated yourself letting us in on your mancrush.

again, 21 games in two different systems. by that same token, what has lowry done that dragic has not? if you think lowry is better, that's fine but what's the point of dragging down goran in the process? you'll at least admit he's a fine starter right?

spiegel
03-27-2012, 12:21 AM
he said the sprain was minor and would play
Phew. Thanks for the update. :rockon:

GOBB
03-27-2012, 12:23 AM
again, 21 games in two different systems. by that same token, what has lowry done that dragic has not?

21gms? What are you talkin about?

if you think lowry is better, that's fine but what's the point of dragging down goran in the process? you'll at least admit he's a fine starter right?

Dragging Dragic down? Never did that. My point is simple. Lowry should be the starter when he returns healthy. Him losing his starters job over 10gms is retarded.

spiegel
03-27-2012, 12:24 AM
Dragic is a better playmaker then lowry but he is nowhere near the defensive player Lowry is. I would say Dragic is a tad better shooter but Lowry is a beast at attacking the bucket.Lowry is slightly ahead of him, but if we decided to trade Martin, Scola and Lowry in packiage for superstar we would lose nothing with Dragic taking over then helm

SourGrapes
03-27-2012, 12:24 AM

Dragic makes a greater proportion of his shots than lowry

blacknapalm
03-27-2012, 12:25 AM
21gms? What are you talkin about?

i showed you the stats of his 11 games as starter BEFORE this season (meaning phoenix). 10+11 = 21. follow along now

ImmortalNemesis

Aaron Brooks was arguably Houston's best player in the 2009-2010 season. Yao didn't play that year.

U can see my other thread for stats comparing the two players. Dragic is better we can go back in time for key pattering....

No, he isn't. Lowry was putting up better numbers at the beginning of the season. People were saying he was an all star. Dragic is great, he's starting material; but he isn't better than Lowry. Not this season. The sample size is too small anyway. Lets see if he can keep this up just like Lowry could.

Edit: Agree with Spiegel, Lowry is a beast defensively. He's miles ahead of Dragic in that department.

bballbball
Dragic doesn't makes a greater proportion of his shots than lowry

with consistent starter minutes, he easily has.

GOBB
03-27-2012, 12:26 AM
i showed you the stats of his 11 games as starter BEFORE this season (meaning phoenix). 10+11 = 21. follow along now

Has zero to do with my argument. Try again or not.

Euroleague
03-27-2012, 12:26 AM
He's just another point guard that was a scrub in Euroleague but becomes a star in the NBA.

The list is really growing:

Dragic
Lawson
Rubio
Jennings

All scrubs in Euroleague.

spiegel
03-27-2012, 12:27 AM
Aaron Brooks was arguably Houston's best player in the 2009-2010 season. Yao didn't play that year.

No, he isn't. Lowry was putting up better numbers at the beginning of the season. People were saying he was an all star. Dragic is great, he's starting material; but he isn't better than Lowry. Not this season. The sample size is too small anyway. Lets see if he can keep this up just like Lowry could.
Thats right the stress fractre year where he pretty much was forced to retier.

iDefend5
03-27-2012, 12:28 AM
He's just another point guard that was a scrub in Euroleague but becomes a star in the NBA.

The list is really growing:

Dragic
Lawson
Rubio
Jennings

All scrubs in Euroleague.
Anthony Parker - 2x Euroleague MVP

Euroleague
03-27-2012, 12:28 AM
Anthony Parker - 2x Euroleague MVP

Derrick Rose - NBA MVP

blacknapalm
03-27-2012, 12:29 AM
Has zero to do with my argument. Try again or not.

what exactly is your argument?

GOBB
03-27-2012, 12:29 AM

Edit: Agree with Spiegel, Lowry is a beast defensively. He's miles ahead of Dragic in that department.

No way he's started 21gms (sorry you got to factor in Phx). More than enough!

GOBB
03-27-2012, 12:30 AM
what exactly is your argument?

So you apologize for falsely accusing me of DRAGGING Dragic down? I'll wait.

And to answer...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257310

bballbball
03-27-2012, 12:31 AM
Dragic is a better playmaker then lowry but he is nowhere near the defensive player Lowry is. I would say Dragic is a tad better shooter but Lowry is a beast at attacking the bucket.Lowry is slightly ahead of him, but if we decided to trade Martin, Scola and Lowry in packiage for superstar we would lose nothing with Dragic taking over then helm

Nowhere near? You make it seem like he's a scrub on D which he isn't true. Love Lowry but he gets burnt by the faster PGs like Parker and Wall. Dragic is solid around on D because of his length. Also he doesn't constantly flop and pout like Lowry.

iDefend5
03-27-2012, 12:31 AM
Derrick Rose - NBA MVP

I'm sure that is worse. :oldlol:

ClutchOver9000
03-27-2012, 12:32 AM
love Dragic...dude is fearless

Euroleague
03-27-2012, 12:33 AM
I'm sure that is worse. :oldlol:

Him winning the MVP is a joke all around the world.

blacknapalm
So you apologize for falsely accusing me of DRAGGING Dragic down? I'll wait.

And to answer...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257310

no because i suspected that was your argument the whole time. it's the fact that you act like lowry is miles ahead of dragic when i just don't think that's the case. either way, they need to trade one of them + martin since both are too good to be backups and mchale apparently hates martin

anyway, it is what it is. he can't help the small sample size. just like sessions, he's been buried either behind a better PG or a more veteran PG

iDefend5
Him winning the MVP is a joke all around the world.
I'm sure in a league where Anthony Parker wins 2 MVPs is better.

bballbball
03-27-2012, 12:34 AM
You guys can thank Manu and his dirty move for ending Brook's NBA career btw.

spiegel
03-27-2012, 12:36 AM
Nowhere near? You make it seem like he's a scrub on D which he isn't true. Love Lowry but he gets burnt by the faster PGs like Parker and Wall. Dragic is solid around on D because of his length. Also he doesn't constantly flop and pout like Lowry.
Not saying he is not a good defenive on ball defender, but Lowry is a lockdown elite on ball defender. Not many PG's in the league are in his league in that department.

SunsCaptain
03-27-2012, 12:40 AM
Goran vs matchups :

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/houston-rockets/players/goran-dragic/profile/12/10/138/6

GOBB
03-27-2012, 12:43 AM
no because i suspected that was your argument the whole time. it's the fact that you act like lowry is miles ahead of dragic when i just don't think that's the case. either way, they need to trade one of them + martin since both are too good to be backups and mchale apparently hates martin

anyway, it is what it is. he can't help the small sample size. just like sessions, he's been buried either behind a better PG or a more veteran PG

No? So you admit what you suspected was wrong. And you're not MAN enough to just apologize for falsely accusing me of what you claimed?

I never made Kyle Lowry to be miles ahead of Dragic. I never even dragged down Dragic either. I simply said 10gms doesnt overrule what Lowry has done all season. Small sample size. You then threw at me his starts in Phx. No relevance but whatever.

Takes a real man to apologize.

SourGrapes
03-27-2012, 12:48 AM
with consistent starter minutes, he easily has.

I meant to say that he has. GOBB hasn't been paying attention to the rockets I guess

SunsCaptain
03-27-2012, 09:06 PM
Dragic having another great performance!

SourGrapes
03-27-2012, 09:32 PM
No? So you admit what you suspected was wrong. And you're not MAN enough to just apologize for falsely accusing me of what you claimed?

I never made Kyle Lowry to be miles ahead of Dragic. I never even dragged down Dragic either. I simply said 10gms doesnt overrule what Lowry has done all season. Small sample size. You then threw at me his starts in Phx. No relevance but whatever.

Takes a real man to apologize.

In so far as the starts in phoenix contribute to the sample size, they are relevant. I like Lowry a lot, but what dragic has done should bentaken into account by the rockets moving forward

SunsCaptain
03-27-2012, 11:05 PM

Xiao Yao You
03-28-2012, 05:17 AM

20 pts(43%/40/82)/2.5 3's/5 ass/1 stl. Easy to see why Phoenix would deal Dragic for that.

Go Getter
03-28-2012, 05:25 AM
Goran Dragic has always been one of the best players in the NBA but never given an opportunity to showcase his talents...until now. Here is why opponents fear the dragon....

Over the last 8 games AS A STARTER Dragic has averaged:

15.8/3.5/9.6

51% FG 41% 3PT 82% FT

2 steals per game

And to top it all off 32% of his rebounds are offensive.

Here are the single game highs:

23 points (57% fg)

14 assists

Even a game with 4 steals.

And tonight for the 9th straight game Goran plays amazing:

24/5/8

7-14 FG 5-7 3PT 5-6 FT

Another great game 14/4/10 on 50% FG!

:applause:

And again!

:rockon:

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/houston-rockets/players/goran-dragic/profile/12/10/138/6

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w104/Samanthav_03/Suns/dragic.jpg

Bigsmoke
03-28-2012, 05:35 AM
Whats CJ Watson's stats as a starter?

do a thread about him. :hammerhead:

wagexslave
03-28-2012, 05:39 AM
20 pts(43%/40/82)/2.5 3's/5 ass/1 stl. Easy to see why Phoenix would deal Dragic for that.
Those are starting stats though. Starting stats are always different from reserves... Brooks can't really produce anything Dragic can't given the same limited minutes off the bench... Dragic was awesome for us. He even had a legendary 20+ points in the 4th quarter game in the playoffs to help the Suns sweep the Spurs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pflb0n7JcSQ&feature=related

I mean... look at that. :bowdown: How the f*** could we let that guy go? He's a beast. And he was a fan favorite in Phoenix. None of the Suns fans wanted him gone and most Suns fans are STILL pissed that they traded him...

Xsatyr
03-31-2012, 12:25 AM
25pts 7ast on 9-14 shooting tonight in a win against Memphis.

caesarspoke
03-31-2012, 02:40 AM
Dragic > Lowry >>> Lin

caesarspoke
03-31-2012, 02:43 AM
nice move

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D3Qfcl2HbQ

blacknapalm
03-31-2012, 02:58 AM
nice move

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D3Qfcl2HbQ

this is why i called his ball handling elite :bowdown:

not to mention, he played great D on conley

updated stats as starter this season: 16.5 points, 51 FG%, 42.1 3FG%, 9.3 assists, 3.5 rebounds, 83.7% FT

still don't get why PHX traded this guy...would have been a fairly easy transition from nash to dragic

spiegel
03-31-2012, 03:12 AM
What i like about him is he is great at running the fast breaks in the open court and a great playmaker in the half court sets. complete playmaker with very good offensive/defensive repatoire.

blacknapalm
03-31-2012, 03:24 AM
What i like about him is he is great at running the fast breaks in the open court and a great playmaker in the half court sets. complete playmaker with very good offensive/defensive repatoire.

he's certainly improved that area since his rookie season. he's also improved his ball handling to where it is now, his range and his shooting mechanics in general. he just has to cut back on the TO's a bit as he gets a it ahead of himself and plays a bit out of control at times. he has an all-around game though and if GMs are paying attention, he's going to be getting offers this offseason

SunsCaptain
03-31-2012, 07:05 AM
Yeah another awesome game tonight from the Dragon =p

SunsCaptain
04-01-2012, 10:12 PM
8-14

22/6/6

brantonli
04-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Man after collecting so many point guards (over the recent years alone, we've had Mike James, Steve Francis( both washed up), JLIII, Rafer, Brooks, even plumbing the depths for Rick Brunson) we have ourselves a nice pairs of PG in Lowry and Dragic.

Xiao Yao You
04-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Had a pretty good pair with Brooks and Lowry as well. You'll be losing one of your pg's this summer probably Dragic. Lowry is too much of a bargain to get rid of and Dragic might be making more than him. Can't have the back-up making more than the starter. Dragic should be a good fit in Utah. Sign and trade for Harris and/or Jefferson? They wanted Gasol and Nene so why not Big Al?

SunsCaptain
04-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Get ready for the Dragon Show!

SunsCaptain
04-07-2012, 12:30 AM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Artillery
04-07-2012, 12:42 AM
There's no room in Houston for both Lowry and Dragic as they're both top 15 point guards in the league and one of them would be wasted coming off the bench. Dragic probably leaves.

Xiao Yao You
04-07-2012, 12:53 AM
Enjoy it while you can. Sounds like Lowry will be back soon.

Clippersfan86
04-07-2012, 12:59 AM
Trade Lowry. Dragic is a consistent beast. He definitely patterned his game after Nash.

EoJ
04-07-2012, 01:02 AM
dragic is such a beast. I want him in portland.

noob cake
04-07-2012, 01:03 AM
Gogi The Dream

webberz0044
04-07-2012, 01:04 AM
Why did the Suns trade this kid?

Clippersfan86
04-07-2012, 01:05 AM
Clowned Kobe. Damn this kid is good. Plays PG right way. Trade Lowry who's a bit of a chucker.

noob cake
04-07-2012, 01:06 AM
Clowned Kobe. Damn this kid is good. Plays PG right way. Trade Lowry who's a bit of a chucker.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Lowry is better if not as good as Dragic.

macpierce
04-07-2012, 01:07 AM
Clowned Sessions. Damn this kid is good. Plays PG right way. Trade Lowry who's a bit of a chucker.

:kobe:

Clippersfan86
04-07-2012, 01:09 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Lowry is better if not as good as Dragic.

Lowry is a bit better due to D but Dragic is the answer going forward. Kid has more impact on games with his playmaking than Lowry. He's also younger right? Trade Lowry.

LoneyROY7
04-07-2012, 01:11 AM
Hmmm, if Houston decides to move Lowry, there will be A LOT of teams asking.

Clippersfan86
04-07-2012, 01:14 AM
Hmmm, if Houston decides to move Lowry, there will be A LOT of teams asking.

Dragic putting up a very consistent 19, 10, 3 as starter. He's proven he can sustain. Not a fluke. Nash 2.0

LoneyROY7
04-07-2012, 01:24 AM
Dragic putting up a very consistent 19, 10, 3 as starter. He's proven he can sustain. Not a fluke. Nash 2.0

I think Dragic is legit..but there will be a lot of teams interested in Lowry's services.

I wouldn't mind seeing Kyle paired with EJ down in New Orleans.

Celtic_Pride
04-07-2012, 01:25 AM
He mastered PnR with Scola!

Great to watch

BallsOut
04-07-2012, 01:26 AM
He mastered PnR with Scola!

Great to watch

Slovenia + Argentina :bowdown:

millwad
04-07-2012, 01:28 AM
Seriously, as a Rocket fan I just can't accept seeing Dragic leave for absolutely nothing. I'd rather trade Lowry, he's stuck on a cheap contract and I bet that alot of teams would love to have him so the Rockets will definitely get something good back.

As long as the Rockets don't have to overpay Dragic like crazy I'd prefer the option to trade Lowry instead of having Dragic leaving without the Rockets getting anything back.

Clippersfan86
04-07-2012, 01:28 AM
I think Dragic is legit..but there will be a lot of teams interested in Lowry's services.

Agree which is why they should trade Lowry. More value due to exposure and defense. Trade him for somebody like Rudy Gay that can be a go to player.

LoneyROY7
04-07-2012, 01:30 AM
Agree which is why they should trade Lowry. More value due to exposure and defense. Trade him for somebody like Rudy Gay that can be a go to player.

I highly doubt Memphis is trading Rudy, but yeah they should be able to get a good value for Lowry.

millwad

The Rockets will never get Gay, first of all, Grizzlies already got Conley and they'd like alot more than just Lowry.

But I agree, trading Lowry makes alot of sense.

BallsOut
Seriously, as a Rocket fan I just can't accept seeing Dragic leave for absolutely nothing. I'd rather trade Lowry, he's stuck on a cheap contract and I bet that alot of teams would love to have him so the Rockets will definitely get something good back.

As long as the Rockets don't have to overpay Dragic like crazy I'd prefer the option to trade Lowry instead of having Dragic leaving without the Rockets getting anything back.

Oh you know some team is going to overpay for Dragic this summer. Its a tough decision for Morey, but one he's going to have to make.

Whoah10115
The Rockets could end up with anything from 1-3 1st round picks. They also have Kevin Martin and Kyle Lowry. They have Dalembert (and now Camby, who I would take every time).

If they decide to keep Dragic, they can net a real player in return. Who knows, Orlando??? I doubt it (especially as Lowry is the perfect PG for Howard) but it's a great deal for Orlando. Lowry makes nothing.

Clippersfan86
04-07-2012, 01:32 AM
A SF that can score 20 ppg consistently IMO is all this team lacks. If not Gay what about Granger or Deng?

millwad
04-07-2012, 01:34 AM
Oh you know some team is going to overpay for Dragic this summer. Its a tough decision for Morey, but one he's going to have to make.

I really like Lowry so I wouldn't want to see him go and I still do believe that he's better and more proven than Dragic.

But I rather see the Rockets overpay Dragic, not crazy much, and trade Lowry and maybe Martin to get something really good in return.

brantonli
04-07-2012, 01:34 AM
Lowry is a bit better due to D but Dragic is the answer going forward. Kid has more impact on games with his playmaking than Lowry. He's also younger right? Trade Lowry.

......we might not even be able to keep Dragic, especially if a team comes along and gives him a ridiculous contract. That said, I loved the Lowry-Dragic backcourt the Rockets somtimes used, both high-IQ players knowing exactly what to do with the offense.

EnoughSaid
04-07-2012, 01:35 AM
Yep. Houston has very nice pieces. Dragic/Martin/Parsons/Scola/Camby is a damn good lineup. If they could get just one star, then they would a top 5 team in the West.

millwad
04-07-2012, 01:36 AM
A SF that can score 20 ppg consistently IMO is all this team lacks. If not Gay what about Granger or Deng?

Doesn't make sense for any of those teams to trade Deng, Granger or Gay for a deal where the main target is Lowry. Chicago has Rose, Indiana has Collison and Memphis got Conley.

spiegel
04-07-2012, 01:37 AM
The Rockets need a Center because both Dally and Camby are very good backups but not starting Center calibare players. Granted Camby is averaging 10 POINTS 10 BOARDS AND 3 BLOCKS as a starter..

As for Dragic, he is becoming borderline elite. We have the luxury of looking to trade Lowry because Dragic can be the starter for years to come.

millwad
04-07-2012, 01:39 AM
The Rockets need a Center because both Dally and Camby are very good backups but not starting Center calibare players. Granted Camby is averaging 10 POINTS 10 BOARDS AND 3 BLOCKS as a starter.

Camby has been terrific since he joined the Rockets and I don't know, together they make a pretty good combo and the Rockets aren't worse than the league average when it comes to the center spot.

If Morey pull the right strings in this off-season the Rockets can be a great team but at the same time, with only decent moves they'll remain the same or even worse..

Artillery
04-07-2012, 01:41 AM
Doesn't make sense for any of those teams to trade Deng, Granger or Gay for a deal where the main target is Lowry. Chicago has Rose, Indiana has Collison and Memphis got Conley.

Collison isn't starter-material. Either of Lowry or Dragic would be better.

Xiao Yao You
04-07-2012, 01:42 AM

He's making mid-level money. Rockets probably aren't trading him.

He'll get more than Lowry.

We have the luxury of looking to trade Lowry because Dragic can be the starter for years to come.

Lowry can't be the starter for years to come? He's better defensively and cheaper.

spiegel
04-07-2012, 01:42 AM
Camby has been terrific since he joined the Rockets and I don't know, together they make a pretty good combo and the Rockets aren't worse than the league average when it comes to the center spot.

If Morey pull the right strings in this off-season the Rockets can be a great team but at the same time, with only decent moves they'll remain the same or even worse..
Morey has made no secret that he covets Roy Hibbert. The Rockets will go hell for leather after him because we have a ton of cap space and can offer Lowry, Knicks lottery pick and Martin for him.

brantonli
04-07-2012, 01:43 AM
As tempting as it is to trade Lowry, I don't think Morey will do it. It will (again) be a combination of Martin and Scola I think, to net a star SF/SG. Dollar for dollar, Lowry is one of the best value contracts in the league (not on rookie scale) and you cannot do the same for Dragic.

spiegel
04-07-2012, 01:44 AM
He's making mid-level money. Rockets probably aren't trading him.

He'll get more than Lowry.

Lowry can't be the starter for years to come? He's better defensively and cheaper.
Lowry has much better trade value and we dont want to let Dragon go for nothing. If one were to be traded, there is no doubt it's Lowry.

millwad
04-07-2012, 01:46 AM
Morey has made no secret that he covets Roy Hibbert. The Rockets will go hell for leather after him because we have a ton of cap space and can offer Lowry, Knicks lottery pick and Martin for him.

I don't even want Hibbert, he's overrated.
I'd rather keep Dalembert and Camby instead of having to trade half of the starting line up for a center who even can't make 50% of his shots..

spiegel
04-07-2012, 01:47 AM
As tempting as it is to trade Lowry, I don't think Morey will do it. It will (again) be a combination of Martin and Scola I think, to net a star SF/SG. Dollar for dollar, Lowry is one of the best value contracts in the league (not on rookie scale) and you cannot do the same for Dragic.
Parsons has the SF position locked up so a SG is idealy the need with a starting calibare C. I like Eric Gordon, but with his injuries and having been through the Tmac and Yao debacle i think we need to look elsewhere.

LoneyROY7
04-07-2012, 01:49 AM
Parsons has the SF position locked up so a SG is idealy the need with a starting calibare C. I like Eric Gordon, but with his injuries and having been through the Tmac and Yao debacle i think we need to look elsewhere.

Well, the Hornets aren't moving Gordon...they're looking to pair a top 3 draft pick with him.

spiegel
I don't even want Hibbert, he's overrated.
I'd rather keep Dalembert and Camby instead of having to trade half of the starting line up for a center who even can't make 50% of his shots..
Camby is going nowhere. He loves Houston and we love him. As for Hibbert, he gives the Rockets interior a whole different look and great size.

brantonli
Centers are at a very high premium around the league now (although tbh, I thought that before the Camby trade too), so it will take extra money/talent to trade for one.

spiegel
04-07-2012, 01:50 AM
Well, the Hornets aren't moving Gordon...
It's not like we are drooling over a part time player. Been there done that.

LoneyROY7
04-07-2012, 01:51 AM
It's not like we are drooling over a part time player. Been there done that.

He played today and looked as good as ever...

Xiao Yao You
04-07-2012, 01:57 AM
Lowry has much better trade value and we dont want to let Dragon go for nothing. If one were to be traded, there is no doubt it's Lowry.

Hard to get back equal value on a guy that is underpaid like Lowry. Good luck.

the Hornets aren't moving Gordon

They are if he gets overpaid.

Centers are at a very high premium around the league now (although tbh, I thought that before the Camby trade too), so it will take extra money/talent to trade for one.

Dragic for Al Jefferson. Morey/O'Conner get it done!

spiegel
04-07-2012, 01:58 AM
He played today and looked as good as ever...
Noone can deny the kids talent, but his body holding up is another case. When healthy Gordon is a top 4 SG.

LoneyROY7
04-07-2012, 01:59 AM

I can almost guarantee that New Orleans matches any offer given to EJ in the off-season.

LoneyROY7
Noone can deny the kids talent, but his body holding up is another case. When healthy Gordon is a top 4 SG.

When healthy, he has potential to be the best.

Whoah10115

They have Chandler Parsons so they don't want any part of those guys.

A 2guard or a center. Again, I don't think Dwight is probable but I think he's possible. Martin, Lowry, 2 1st round picks, Dalembert (gives them a center for a year), maybe Budinger...they either have to take Turkoglu or they have to give Parsons...or if anything they could take Duhon and have a decent backup PG.

millwad
04-07-2012, 02:00 AM

I'd love a sign and trade a la Dragic or Lowry plus some assets for Big Al. That would be epic!
It would also make alot sense for Utah as well, like Dragic and Lee for him would make them alot stronger on the guard spots and it would also lead to Favors and Kanter getting more minutes.

The Jazz is not going anywhere anyway, preparing for the future makes sense.

spiegel
04-07-2012, 02:00 AM
Hard to get back equal value on a guy that is underpaid like Lowry. Good luck.

Lowry will be packiaged with Martin in a deal for allstar.Bosh is another one Morey seems to covet so maybe they will offer Scola and Lowry for Bosh.Miami will want no part od martin so a deal with lowry and scola will be a good offer.

Xiao Yao You
04-07-2012, 02:22 AM
I can almost guarantee that New Orleans matches any offer given to EJ in the off-season.

Considering that the league owns the team there are no guarantees.

he has potential to be the best

ClutchOver9000
04-07-2012, 02:25 AM
Godran Dragic :rockon:

LoneyROY7
04-07-2012, 02:26 AM
Considering that the league owns the team there are no guarantees.

Nothing :coleman: about that statement at all. But then again, I doubt you've really watched him play.

Xiao Yao You
04-07-2012, 02:40 AM
Nothing :coleman: about that statement at all. But then again, I doubt you've really watched him play.

Hurt too much. How could I. He's undersized for starters. He's no Wade sorry.

LoneyROY7
04-07-2012, 02:43 AM
Hurt too much. How could I. He's undersized for starters. He's no Wade sorry.

That's why I noted when healthy...

And despite his size he is still a very good defender.

BlackVVaves
04-07-2012, 04:14 AM
Its a shame the Suns have a very cheap, non-basketball mind running their operations in Sarver. He's literally made almost all bad decisions when concerning managing the roster since Colangelo left. The Suns should have a ring by now with Nash having some of the best years a point guard could have leading their team. He's literally the only MVP player in decades to not have sniffed the Finals.

They should have pulled the trigger in 2007 and 2008 when the Wolves asked for Amare and Barbosa. But, Sarver refused :facepalm .

A defensive guy in the paint that could score downlow for easy buckets was exactly what they lacked, exactly what KG was, and still very, VERY capable of putting up numbers. But, they don't do it. Now, as they search for a replacement for Nash which they have been doing since the D'Antoni days, they come across a promising young player, who already openly admires Nash, and what do they do? Trade him for a player that hasn't even played with the team since last April.

Sarver is Dan Gilbert bad. Actually, worse. At least Dan has done a formidable job assembling a young promising team in the post Lebron years. At least Jim Buss isn't a COMPLETE incapable dumbass. Sterling at least opened up his wallet a tiny but to finally help the Clippers play for something other than a early summer vacation. No, Sarver is legit one of the worst owners in the NBA.

GoRapz
04-07-2012, 04:22 AM
Its a shame the Suns have a very cheap, non-basketball mind running their operations in Sarver. He's literally made almost all bad decisions when concerning managing the roster since Colangelo left. The Suns should have a ring by now with Nash having some of the best years a point guard could have leading their team. He's literally the only MVP player in decades to not have sniffed the Finals.

They should have pulled the trigger in 2007 and 2008 when the Wolves asked for Amare and Barbosa. But, Sarver refused :facepalm .

A defensive guy in the paint that could score downlow for easy buckets was exactly what they lacked, exactly what KG was, and still very, VERY capable of putting up numbers. But, they don't do it. Now, as they search for a replacement for Nash which they have been doing since the D'Antoni days, they come across a promising young player, who already openly admires Nash, and what do they do? Trade him for a player that hasn't even played with the team since last April.

Sarver is Dan Gilbert bad. Actually, worse. At least Dan has done a formidable job assembling a young promising team in the post Lebron years. At least Jim Buss isn't a COMPLETE incapable dumbass. Sterling at least opened up his wallet a tiny but to finally help the Clippers play for something other than a early summer vacation. No, Sarver is legit one of the worst owners in the NBA.

Agreed. I'm pretty sure this guy was one of the owners who tried to cheap out during the lockout saying no to every proposed deal by the players association. Why are you going to have a team if you're gonna be a cheap ****? Sell the team to a committed owner :facepalm

SunsCaptain
04-09-2012, 11:56 PM
8-13 for 22 points 7 assists and 3 steals so far tonight?

spiegel
04-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Watching thabust and Flynn shows me how badly we raped the blazers in that trade.

spiegel
04-09-2012, 11:59 PM
8-13 for 22 points 6 assists and 3 steals so far tonight?

Whats more impressive is half of his assists were to Kyle Lowry. They look amazing out there together.

SunsCaptain
04-10-2012, 12:01 AM
Whats more impressive is half of his assists were to Kyle Lowry. They look amazing out there together.

Lowry goin off for 5-6 this team will be dangerous in the playoffs. Its not if they make the playoffs its how far they will place and thann how far they will advance. This is the team to be scared of. Not the grizz!

blacknapalm
04-10-2012, 12:19 AM
since becoming starter, he's 35-79 from downtown. 44.3%. combine that with his ability to get the rim, his court vision and his ball handling = yikes

SunsCaptain
04-10-2012, 12:22 AM
Love the dragonshake

He does this move allll the time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrhWW39P1nQ

Mmmmmmm

Ancient Legend
04-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Damn Phoenix Suns management, how many good PGs have we traded away now? Traded Rondo for Brian fkn Grant, we let go of Goran Dragic for Aaron Brooks (who's playing in China). And don't forget Jason Kidd in his prime!

It's as if the Suns farm people for other teams (Joe Johnson, Amare). Now even Shannon Brown is scoring 20 pts per quarter, can't wait to lose him as well.

OmniStrife
04-10-2012, 01:26 AM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

ImmortalNemesis
04-10-2012, 01:28 AM

:yaohappy:

Haymaker
04-10-2012, 02:38 AM
Now even Shannon Brown is scoring 20 pts per quarter, can't wait to lose him as well. soon enough :D

rodman91
04-10-2012, 11:46 AM
http://cdn.sportsoverdose.com/thumbs/aaron-brooks-0-nba.jpg

SunsCaptain
05-12-2012, 01:27 AM
Future MVP bump.

LeBron may win this saturday but lets take a moment to realize the future.

Goraaaaaaan Dragiccccc!

SunsCaptain
05-12-2012, 01:31 AM
Lowry goin off for 5-6 this team will be dangerous in the playoffs. Its not if they make the playoffs its how far they will place and thann how far they will advance. This is the team to be scared of. Not the grizz!

lol

=(