PDA

View Full Version : Lebron's defense will be exposed tonight.

Bladers
03-25-2012, 02:49 PM
The so called defensive player of the year campaigned by ESPN is about to be exposed. He will finally get to guard the best player of an opponent team for the entire game, what guys like deng and iggy do every game not just the last two possession of a game in the 4th quarter.

Once he's exposed tonight, what then will kblaze say, what will be his excuse?

nathanjizzle
03-25-2012, 02:51 PM
The so called defensive player of the year campaigned by ESPN is about to be exposed. He will finally get to guard the best player of an opponent team for the entire game, what guys like deng and iggy does every game not just first the last two possession of a game in the 4th quarter.

he will have to finally guard someone hes not physically outmatching.

White Mamba
03-25-2012, 02:53 PM
LBJ is not DPOY the only reason ESPN want this is MJ and we all know that.

SwooshReturns
03-25-2012, 02:54 PM
he will have to finally guard someone hes not physically outmatching.
If you could still touch permiter players, and if the rules were pre 2006 ... Durant would get BODIED and not be near the scorer he is right now.

Hell, if LeBron played defense with the rules pre 1995 things would get even uglier for the competition.

SpecialQue
03-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Lebron's really good at defense...

gengiskhan
03-25-2012, 02:59 PM
Lebron's really good at defense...

Lebron has been better defensively than Kobe has ever been in his entire career actually.

that being said. LBJ is probably not DPOY clear cut if he aint in top 3 steals.

LBJ is not a clear cut MVP this year too.

asdf1990
03-25-2012, 03:01 PM
Lebron constAntly shits on deng and iggy so how are they good defenders?

Bladers
03-25-2012, 03:01 PM
Lebron has been better defensively than Kobe has ever been in his entire career actually.

Kobe guarded the opp teams best player each game... what does Lebron do? switch on them the last two possessions? lol please.

The fool is ranked 195th in defense. I'm sorry that is horrible.

NumberSix
03-25-2012, 03:04 PM
Kobe guarded the opp teams best player each game... what does Lebron do? switch on them the last two possessions? lol please.

Bladers

asdf1990
03-25-2012, 03:05 PM

So there are 195 better defenders in the nba than lebron :coleman:

Dave3
03-25-2012, 03:06 PM
Same website says there are 160 better offensive players than Kobe too...

Trolls need to be selective.

Faptastrophe
03-25-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm just gonna leave this here..

http://i.imgur.com/palZ4.png

NumberSix
03-25-2012, 03:13 PM

Nice.

Bladers

The fact remains that guys like Deng and iggy are ranked around 35th. While Lebron is ranked in the 200th's.

That speaks volume.

gengiskhan

& Kobe never had a "defensive SHUT DOWN" series like Lebron did to MVP Rose last year in playoffs.

instead, Kobe got owned by MVP Iverson in 2001 NBA Finals

Iverson Raping Kobe's overrated Defense (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMXiy3t-Ay8)

jealous kobe at the end after getting OWNED. eventually became a rapist. :biggums:

NumberSix
03-25-2012, 03:14 PM
The fact remains that guys like Deng and iggy are ranked around 35th. While Lebron is ranked in the 200th's.

That speaks volume.

Faptastrophe
03-25-2012, 03:16 PM
^ Did you notice that jebus is jizz as well? http://i.imgur.com/PkKOT.png

Bladers
03-25-2012, 03:17 PM
& Kobe never had a "defensive SHUT DOWN" series like Lebron did to MVP Rose last year in playoffs.

Iverson Raping Kobe's overrated Defense (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMXiy3t-Ay8)

jealous kobe at the end after getting OWNED. eventually became a rapist. :biggums:

LOL you dumbass, Lebron didn't guard rose. You see what I'm talking about? Are you mentally deficient? Switching on to someone for two possesions at the end of the 4th is NOT SHUTTING THEM DOWN. You would have to guard them the entire game, what Kobe did in his prime and what deng and iggy and the likes do today.

What Kobe did to Wade acouple of weeks ago. Kobe SHUT HIM DOWN FOR THE ENTIRE GAME!

That's shutting down a player.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=254733

TheAesirsFinest
03-25-2012, 03:18 PM

Can you tell me the name of the category?

Bladers
03-25-2012, 03:21 PM
Same website says there are 160 better offensive players than Kobe too...

Trolls need to be selective.

You are so retarded. There's no classification difference in the ranks to seperate bigs and guards plus Kobe is having one of his worst shooting year in his career since his sophmore year so that's pretty accurate. Mysynergysports deals with effiency.

NumberSix
03-25-2012, 03:23 PM
You are so retarded. There's no classification difference in the ranks to seperate bigs and guards plus Kobe is having one of his worst shooting careers in his career since his sophmore year so that's pretty accurate. Mysynergysports deals with effiency.
Lol.

Bladers

gengiskhan
03-25-2012, 03:34 PM
You are so retarded. There's no classification difference in the ranks to seperate bigs and guards plus Kobe is having one of his worst shooting year in his career since his sophmore year so that's pretty accurate. Mysynergysports deals with effiency.

STFU gay kobe'tard

Pierce owning Kobe's defense in 2007 winning FMVP
Billups owning Kobe's defense in 2004 winning FMVP

too many examples. Kobe will barely win 5 all-D first team if he wasn't a laker.

iverson 3x steals champs. Kobe ZERO

players much better than Kobe's D

Dumar's D
Peyton's D
LBJ's D now
Drexler' D
Pippen's D much better than peak Kobe's D
Artest' D

all played better D than kobe in their peak prime.

faaak this overrated ESPN, NBA TV media made premadonna.

Kobe is great. But Defensively, he is owned over & over again.

Dave3
03-25-2012, 03:34 PM
You are so retarded. There's no classification difference in the ranks to seperate bigs and guards

You mean the same way there's no classification difference on the defense side either?

And also, there are guards like Rose (60 spots higher) Westbrook (45 spots higher), Wade (94 spots higher), and even Joe Johnson is 70 spots higher, while perimeter players like Durant are 130 spots higher, and LeBron is 140 spots higher.

I find it funny that you think the site is very accurate for defense but completely ignore it for offense. Top 5 offensive players (LeBron Durant Westbrook Kobe and Love) - none are in the top 20.

But all of a sudden for defense, you think it's accurate. I wonder why...:oldlol:

Celtics4ever
03-25-2012, 03:40 PM
LeBron is the most overrated defensive players of our time. Talk about ESPN hype. Dwade/Kobe are much better defender. LeBron can only use his size, and that's all he can use.

NumberSix
03-25-2012, 03:41 PM
LeBron is the most overrated defensive players of our time. Talk about ESPN hype. Dwade/Kobe are much better defender. LeBron can only use his size, and that's all he can use.
Uhh ohh!!!!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lznu4nfW8g1qkh06u.gif

Simple Jack
03-25-2012, 03:41 PM
If I'm not mistaken, don't Granger/Pierce have an incredibly difficult time scoring on LeBron? Especially the last few years...

Simple Jack
03-25-2012, 03:42 PM
LeBron can use his size and that's all he can use!

EnoughSaid
03-25-2012, 03:44 PM
:kobe:

LeBron will SHUT DOWN this piece of shit Durant.

NumberSix
03-25-2012, 03:45 PM

Lol. Calm down guy.:confusedshrug:

bwink23
03-25-2012, 03:48 PM

LOL!!! :roll: .....that is a straight up LIE.....He sporadically guarded the better 2-guards....NEVER for a whole game either.

You don't watch many Laker games do you?

StateOfMind12
03-25-2012, 03:49 PM
Kobe fans like the OP are turning into Durant fans these days because they know that Kobe is done.

Chaddai
03-25-2012, 03:51 PM
LOL!!! :roll: .....that is a straight up LIE.....He sporadically guarded the better 2-guards....NEVER for a whole game either.

I know right :lol. He always guards the best player for 1-2 plays and then he lets Artest guard the best player in the team. He doesn't have the foot speed/anticipation to guard PGs too.

Vertical-24
03-25-2012, 03:53 PM

Okay, i've been seeing this rapist b.s. on ISH for a while now and its starting to irk me a bit. Its sad that people have to resort to something so juvenile and not factually proven in order to either argue their point or troll the stans. It's so annoying.

And back to the actual point of your post...I don't understand what you're talking about. Either you don't have eyeballs or you're being a smartass, I can't tell which one. Kobe's defense couldn't be "exposed" or "raped" by AI because throughout the whole video he didn't guard him once. Fisher, Horry, Shaw and George who often switched on him, with the primary defender usually being Fisher.

If raping Fisher's defense is such a huge accomplishment to you, then, kudos. The SIXERS lost, so it no longer matters now does it??

Forgive me guys for feeding into a troll but people are so fukking retarded.

:(

NumberSix
03-25-2012, 03:54 PM
Kobe fans like the OP are turning into Durant fans these days because they know that Kobe is done.
He's not even close to done. It's just not realistic keep calling him one of the top 5 guys anymore. It's ok to argue that he was the best in the NBA when he was in his prime. That's a perfectly respectable debate. Kobe at 33 though is not, and he's only getting older.

Heavincent
03-25-2012, 03:56 PM

You're definitely bi polar or something. It wasn't long ago that you were chanting MVP for Kobe. :oldlol:

Vertical-24
03-25-2012, 03:57 PM

Weren't you a Kobe fan not too long ago? :oldlol:

StateOfMind12
03-25-2012, 03:58 PM
You're definitely bi polar or something. It wasn't long ago that you were chanting MVP for Kobe. :oldlol:
I said and thought Kobe was the MVP in the beginning of the season but he couldn't and hasn't been able to keep up with the pace. Kobe is done these days. He isn't the best player in the league anymore, he isn't the best SG in the league anymore, he isn't a top 5 player in the league anymore, and he is not even the best player on his own team anymore.

Weren't you a Kobe fan not too long ago? :oldlol:

I like Kobe, yes. What does that have to do with my post? :confusedshrug:

Kblaze8855
03-25-2012, 04:01 PM
My excuse?

Nothing that happens tonight is gonna change anything. If Durant gets shut down...**** it. It happens. If he drops 50...it happens. Mashburn gave Pippen 50...and he was no Durant and Lebron is no Pippen.

The outcome of the game will in no way change anything you have to say anyway. People like you decide your opinions well in advance argue them in often unreasonable fashion and turn people away who just want to talk about ball.

You types arent here to do anything but start arguments with other people like you.

Heavincent
03-25-2012, 04:02 PM
http://insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6947580&postcount=534

So on 2/27, Kobe was fourth in the MVP race (according to StateOfMind), which means you probably thought he was one of the best players in the league, right? But a mere 25 days later, he's completely done and isn't even the best player on his own team? lol that doesn't make any ****ing sense.

PickernRoller
03-25-2012, 04:03 PM
A bunch of retards in this thread.... I see bushy making his usual appearance, fatastrophe.....nuff said about this tard, bwink the dilusional and ohhh boy gengis, down syndrome or worse.......

Nice thread..........so many educated arguments going around.....:bowdown:

White Mamba
03-25-2012, 04:04 PM

Kobe 2001>>>>>>>>>>just chosse a year from LBJ carreer:facepalm

bwink23
03-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Okay, i've been seeing this rapist b.s. on ISH for a while now and its starting to irk me a bit. Its sad that people have to resort to something so juvenile and not factually proven in order to either argue their point or troll the stans. It's so annoying.

And back to the actual point of your post...I don't understand what you're talking about. Either you don't have eyeballs or you're being a smartass, I can't tell which one. Kobe's defense couldn't be "exposed" or "raped" by AI because throughout the whole video he didn't guard him once. Fisher, Horry, Shaw and George who often switched on him, with the primary defender usually being Fisher.

If raping Fisher's defense is such a huge accomplishment to you, then, kudos. The SIXERS lost, so it no longer matters now does it??

Forgive me guys for feeding into a troll but people are so fukking retarded.

:(

Maybe you should watch this one....Iverson killed Kobe in the first half and they had to move Kobe off of Iverson to keep from getting smoked..

WATCH THE DAMN VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmi91E3SMiI

Whoah10115
03-25-2012, 04:11 PM
I find using the word "******", in any serious context, to be disrespectful, because of its connotations.

If I didn't, I would use it to describe both gengiskahn and Bladers.

Bladers
03-25-2012, 04:11 PM

I know right :lol. He always guards the best player for 1-2 plays and then he lets Artest guard the best player in the team. He doesn't have the foot speed/anticipation to guard PGs too.

You people are clearly deficient in intelligence. I was clearly talking about prime Kobe.

Bladers
03-25-2012, 04:18 PM
My excuse?

Nothing that happens tonight is gonna change anything. If Durant gets shut down...**** it. It happens. If he drops 50...it happens. Mashburn gave Pippen 50...and he was no Durant and Lebron is no Pippen.

The outcome of the game will in no way change anything you have to say anyway. People like you decide your opinions well in advance argue them in often unreasonable fashion and turn people away who just want to talk about ball.

You types arent here to do anything but start arguments with other people like you.

No. my main statement is this.

"Lebron only guards opp best player in the last 1-2 possession of a 4th Qtr game and gets praised for shutting them down and getting DPOY honors"

While other players like iggy and deng guards the opp best player for the entire game (including PG, SG, and SF) and they do a whole lot better job than he does statistically.

You won't acknowledge that, and have yet to, and you claim to be unbiased and that I have preconceived notion.

You think its fair that when Lebron guards the opp PG for 60 seconds at the end of the game and the announcers "OMG LEBRON" and Ejaculate, you think they are happy about the fact they uard the same PG for the entire game and shut them down and no one says anything?

Now I said, today will be the first time Lebron guards the opp best player (which is only because they play the same position) and that he will be torched.

If he gets torched my point is true. It proves it completely. He is no DPOY not even a worthy candidate.

His fame is based on fraudulent hype produced by ESPN. You know it. I know it. He knows it. We all know it.

They voted him DPOY for crying out loud. For what? guarding a pg with 60 seconds left in the game? Deng and Iggy do it for 48 mins!

OMG I swear to god I'm gonna lose my goddamn mind if i get another one of your numb skull counter argument.

Vertical-24
03-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Maybe you should watch this one....Iverson killed Kobe in the first half and they had to move Kobe off of Iverson to keep from getting smoked..

WATCH THE DAMN VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmi91E3SMiI

I've seen the games myself bro, i've seen Kobe get hampered several times and i've also seen him shutdown players time and time again. This game means nothing. AI was a force to be reckoned with despite his poor shooting percentages. Much like Kobe, when he was hot, he was hot. When given space to penetrate, he would penetrate. How any of this relates to the thread is confusing to me but whatever.

Regardless, all elite defenders get $hitted on. And Kobe in his prime was a pure lockdown defender, indisputably. And my whole beef with gengis' video was that he used a video to try to prove a point that was never present in the video.

Anyway, as for the Lebron - Durant game..i'm excited. You never know...we may see another Magic-Bird rivalry with these too and it should be exciting watching it unfold. On that note, i've stated my opinion on LeBron's defense time and time again and whatever the outcome of the performance won't really affect my opinion in the slightest.

NumberSix
03-25-2012, 04:22 PM
http://insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6947580&postcount=534

So on 2/27, Kobe was fourth in the MVP race (according to StateOfMind), which means you probably thought he was one of the best players in the league, right? But a mere 25 days later, he's completely done and isn't even the best player on his own team? lol that doesn't make any ****ing sense.
I gotta agree with Heavencent for once. That's a pretty drastic turnaround. What's so different about Kobe today from 25 days ago? :confusedshrug:

Bladers
03-25-2012, 04:25 PM
No. my main statement is this.

"Lebron only guards opp best player in the last 1-2 possession of a 4th Qtr game and gets praised for shutting them down and getting DPOY honors"

While other players like iggy and deng guards the opp best player for the entire game (including PG, SG, and SF) and they do a whole lot better job than he does statistically.

You won't acknowledge that, and have yet to, and you claim to be unbiased and that I have preconceived notion.

You think its fair that when Lebron guards the opp PG for 60 seconds at the end of the game and the announcers "OMG LEBRON" and Ejaculate, you think they are happy about the fact they uard the same PG for the entire game and shut them down and no one says anything?

Now I said, today will be the first time Lebron guards the opp best player (which is only because they play the same position) and that he will be torched.

If he gets torched my point is true. It proves it completely. He is no DPOY not even a worthy candidate.

His fame is based on fraudulent hype produced by ESPN. You know it. I know it. He knows it. We all know it.

They voted him DPOY for crying out loud. For what? guarding a pg with 60 seconds left in the game? Deng and Iggy do it for 48 mins!

OMG I swear to god I'm gonna lose my goddamn mind if i get another one of your numb skull counter argument.

Waiting on Kblaze counter argument to my main statement "Lebron only guards opp best player in the last 1-2 possession of a 4th Qtr game and gets praised for shutting them down and getting DPOY honors, while other players like iggy and deng guards the opp best player for the entire game (including PG, SG, and SF) and they do a whole lot better job than he does statistically."

Or will he finally acknowledge it for once?

chips93
03-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Waiting on Kblaze counter argument to my main statement "Lebron only guards opp best player in the last 1-2 possession of a 4th Qtr game and gets praised for shutting them down and getting DPOY honors, while other players like iggy and deng guards the opp best player for the entire game (including PG, SG, and SF) and they do a whole lot better job than he does statistically."

you should go outside or somethin'

Cali Syndicate
03-25-2012, 04:34 PM

Rick Fox, Devean George, Trevor Ariza and Ron Artest says hi.

White Mamba
03-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Rick Fox, Devean George, Trevor Ariza and Ron Artest says hi.

5 seasons gone here? smush? luke?:oldlol:

rick fox did a great job but so does kobe, anyone don't remember what a great defender kobe used to be back than is really in denial.

today all ppl care about is steals and blocks:(

Lebron23
03-25-2012, 04:42 PM
you should go outside or somethin'

Bladers is 40 yrs.old.

305Baller
03-25-2012, 04:43 PM
http://blogfiles.wfmu.org/KF/2010/11/17/gif_headnod350.gif

Lebron23
03-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Bladers is older than Kobe.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

LA_Showtime
03-25-2012, 04:50 PM
I'd rather see Miami put LeBron on James Harden. Durant and Westbrook will get theirs, but if they can shutdown Harden they'll stand a better chance of winning.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-25-2012, 04:53 PM
Bladers is Jeff, in case you didn't know.

Cali Syndicate
03-25-2012, 04:54 PM
5 seasons gone here? smush? luke?:oldlol:

rick fox did a great job but so does kobe, anyone don't remember what a great defender kobe used to be back than is really in denial.

today all ppl care about is steals and blocks:(

Yes Kobe used to be a great man on man defender, I'm not arguing or denying that at all. Just saying here, cause in hindsight Kobe has always had a defensive specialist on his side to carry that defensive load. Great defensive player? Yes. Was he guarding the opposing team's best perimeter player game in game out. Not even close.

For instance....

People like to remember that game where Kobe shut down T-Mac during the second half of that one game but most don't remember the GW T-Mac had where he was defended by Devean George, not Kobe. With the ball in T-Mac's hand and the game on the line on an isolation set, and the was Devean George?

pmj
03-25-2012, 04:55 PM
I do think Lebron's 1v1 is overrated, but his defensive impact for the team is very good.

Durant:
Opp. Pts per 100 Poss.
On court: 103.3
Off court: 101.6
Net Opp. Points per 100 Possessions: +1.7

Lebron:
Opp. Pts per 100 Poss.
On court: 100.6
Off court: 105.0
Net Opp. Points per 100 Possessions: -4.3

Kobe:
Opp. Pts per 100 Poss.
On court: 101.0
Off court: 102.1
Net Opp. Points per 100 Possessions: -1.1

Deng:
Opp. Pts per 100 Poss.
On court: 95.5
Off court: 103.1
Net Opp. Points per 100 Possessions: -7.7

Iggy:
Opp. Pts per 100 Poss.
On court: 96.8
Off court: 100.4
Net Opp. Points per 100 Possessions: -3.6

Tony Allen:
Opp. Pts per 100 Poss.
On court: 98.9
Off court: 103.8
Net Opp. Points per 100 Possessions: -5.0

Melo: :lol
Opp. Pts per 100 Poss.
On court: 104.1
Off court: 98.4
Net Opp. Points per 100 Possessions: +5.6

src:
82games.com

Bladers
03-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Yes Kobe used to be a great man on man defender, I'm not arguing or denying that at all. Just saying here, cause in hindsight Kobe has always had a defensive specialist on his side to carry that defensive load. Great defensive player? Yes. Was he guarding the opposing team's best perimeter player game in game out. Not even close.

For instance....

People like to remember that game where Kobe shut down T-Mac during the second half of that one game but most don't remember the GW T-Mac had where he was defended by Devean George, not Kobe. With the ball in T-Mac's hand and the game on the line on an isolation set, and the was Devean George?

He still is when he wants to. Look at him shut down Wade weeks ago. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=254733)

maybeshewill13
03-25-2012, 04:56 PM

Hahahaha! Saved. No doubt this will come in handy plenty of times seeing the amount of retarded dribble this kid spits out. One of the biggest homers/haters on this board.

DMAVS41
03-25-2012, 04:57 PM

Because Lebron's on ball defense is good, but not elite. The reason people, and rightfully so, rank Lebron so high on defense is because he is so versatile and is a great off ball help defender and defensive rebounder (when he wants to be)

SMH @ people who can't grasp how important team defense is in the NBA....

Bladers
03-25-2012, 04:59 PM
Because Lebron's on ball defense is good, but not elite. The reason people, and rightfully so, rank Lebron so high on defense is because he is so versatile and is a great off ball help defender and defensive rebounder (when he wants to be)

SMH @ people who can't grasp how important team defense is in the NBA....

How versatile are you when this statement is true. Notice how you didn't even address the statement.

"Lebron only guards opp best player in the last 1-2 possession of a 4th Qtr game and gets praised for shutting them down and getting DPOY honors, while other players like iggy and deng guards the opp best player for the entire game (including PG, SG, and SF) and they do a whole lot better job than he does statistically."

Hopefully the enlargement will help.

DMAVS41
03-25-2012, 05:00 PM
How versatile are you when this statement is true. Notice how you didn't even address the statement.

"Lebron only guards opp best player in the last 1-2 possession of a 4th Qtr game and gets praised for shutting them down and getting DPOY honors, while other players like iggy and deng guards the opp best player for the entire game (including PG, SG, and SF) and they do a whole lot better job than he does statistically."

Hopefully the enlargement will help.

1. That is a coaching decision

2. His on ball defense is not what makes him a great defender..what about this statement can't you process?

Bladers
03-25-2012, 05:03 PM
1. That is a coaching decision

2. His on ball defense is not what makes him a great defender..what about this statement can't you process?

No. Players like Kobe (in his prime) and iggy and deng demand to guard these players and do it the entire game.

Players like iggy and deng and the likes can do it and DO do it for the ENTIRE GAME and get no praise. Do Lebron get brownie points for being capable and not actually doing it?

SMFH. The logic you use are stunning.

2. His on ball defense in the last 1-2 poss of the 4th qtr is what announcers and ESPN talking heads ejaculate to, have you ever read any one of their thousands of Lebron DPOY campaign articles?

Cali Syndicate
03-25-2012, 05:05 PM
He still is when he wants to. Look at him shut down Wade weeks ago. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=254733)

I can agree that Kobe can still on occasion play some great defense. No problem with that.

But it's not really when "he wants to" because that would mean he could shut down a player at practically any time which obviously isn't true. Kobe had Wade's number that night, that's all.

Simple Jack
03-25-2012, 05:06 PM
No. Players like Kobe (in his prime) and iggy and deng demand to guard these players and do it the entire game.

Players like iggy and deng and the likes can do it and DO do it for the ENTIRE GAME and get no praise. Do Lebron get brownie points for being capable and not actually doing it?

2. His on ball defense in the last 1-2 poss of the 4th qtr is what announcers and ESPN talking heads ejaculate to, have you ever read any one of their thousands of Lebron DPOY campaign articles?

:coleman:

DMAVS41
03-25-2012, 05:06 PM
here comes the prostitute defending lebron

lol gyno

I'm not even defending Lebron. I'm stating facts. The facts are that Lebron's one on one defense is not what garners him praise.

There is far more to defending in the NBA than being a so called "stopper"

The fact that Lebron can fly all over the court off the ball and recover to his man to get a hand up is an ability very few players have. Lebron's versatility as a defender is also an ability that very few players, if any, have.

And he's getting DPOY talk because he's a superstar...not just off his defense. Just like all of that stupid accolade shit....it now just goes to superstars and a lot of elite defenders are overlooked.

For example...Kobe making any all defensive team has been a joke for nearly 8 years....the fact that he has made first team is just beyond silly.

And stay consistent. Go look at Kobe's defensive stats...a lot of measures don't even rank him in the top 200 defensively since the 05 season. LOL

DMAVS41
03-25-2012, 05:08 PM

lebron is a sf. LOL...you want him to guard rose the entire game? give me a ****ing break. its a coaching decision.

and again. lebron isn't on the level of prime kobe as an on ball defender to begin with.

maybeshewill13
03-25-2012, 05:09 PM
lebron is a sf. LOL...you want him to guard rose the entire game? give me a ****ing break. its a coaching decision.

and again. lebron isn't on the level of prime kobe as an on ball defender to begin with.

Dude why are you even arguing with him. He's got some kind of mental disability. It's cruel.

Cali Syndicate
03-25-2012, 05:09 PM

If you have a problem with the recognition Lebron's been getting for his defense this season, you should have a problem with Kobe making the all defensive first team last season.

LA_Showtime
03-25-2012, 05:11 PM
It's not like LeBron is an all-world defender anyway. No one actually thinks he'll slowdown Durant. It's almost impossible to stop that guy; he's a 7'0 jump-shooting hybrid. If he plays poorly that's on him. All LeBron can hope for is that Durant's shot is off.

I don't know when LeBron got this reputation as a lock-down defender, but it's simply not true. He's a solid man-on-man defender and an excellent off-the-ball defender. Honestly, I think the only reason he's praised for his defense is because he's one of the few superstars who consistently tries on that end of the floor, whereas guys like Kobe, 'Melo, etc. frequently take nights off defensively.

DMAVS41
03-25-2012, 05:14 PM
It's not like LeBron is an all-world defender anyway. No one actually thinks he'll slowdown Durant. It's almost impossible to stop that guy; he's a 7'0 jump-shooting hybrid. If he plays poorly that's on him. All LeBron can hope for is that Durant's shot is off.

I don't know when LeBron got this reputation as a lock-down defender, but it's simply not true. He's a solid man-on-man defender and an excellent off-the-ball defender. Honestly, I think the only reason he's praised for his defense is because he's one of the few superstars who consistently tries on that end of the floor, whereas guys like Kobe, 'Melo, etc. frequently take nights off defensively.

I just don't think the average fan/person understands what defense actually is.

They literally think its just a 1 on 1 game out there. While on ball defense is important, its not nearly as important as being able to fly around the court like Lebron causing havoc and having the ability to recover to his man and get to the right spots.

But people like Bladers will never understand...

Bladers
03-25-2012, 05:14 PM

And what are deng and iggy? sf...

your logic is just bliss. :roll: :roll: :roll:

DMAVS41
03-25-2012, 05:19 PM
And what are deng and iggy? sf...

your logic is just bliss. :roll: :roll: :roll:

its all about the role on your team....its a coaching decision. do you honestly think Lebron is telling Spo not to make him guard certain players?

its basketball strategy. why put lebron in a situation for an entire game that doesn't play to his defensive strengths?

guarding a guy like rose all game would not only tire lebron out, but it would limit his transition opportunities and it would hurt the heat's overall defense.

you want lebron off the ball if possible. and in spurts, when he is locked in and focused, can be one of the best on ball defenders in the league. but he can't do that for an entire game.

with every post you show how little you understand the game. i truly hope you don't coach or anything....you would be just awful.

Bladers
03-25-2012, 05:20 PM

On the article where ESPN ranked Lebron as DPOY.
They had this to say:

"Monstrous athlete who now derives sick pleasure from shutting players down."

I laughed so hard I almost cried. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

"With Dwight Howard's Orlando Magic no longer a defensive juggernaut, the door is open for the Defensive Player of the Year award. "

:roll: :roll: :roll: Oh man ESPN, you never cease to amuse me. The length you go to hype up Lebron. :oldlol:

che guevara
03-25-2012, 05:22 PM
I just don't think the average fan/person understands what defense actually is.

They literally think its just a 1 on 1 game out there. While on ball defense is important, its not nearly as important as being able to fly around the court like Lebron causing havoc and having the ability to recover to his man and get to the right spots.

But people like Bladers will never understand...
That's because lots of people (people like Bladers) don't watch the sport of basketball, they literally just watch the basketball. Most everything away from the ball goes unnoticed by them.

Doranku
03-25-2012, 05:23 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

DMAVS41
03-25-2012, 05:25 PM
That's because lots of people (people like Bladers) don't watch the sport of basketball, they literally just watch the basketball. Most everything away from the ball goes unnoticed by them.

Of course. They (he) will just never get it. Unless you've played at a competitive level or coached its a concept that is lost on most.

Organized basketball is not pickup basketball. Its far more complex. Its never just as simple as putting a defender on a player the entire game to stop him. Its a team concept always...no matter how good of an on ball defender somebody is.

He's just mad at ESPN and the world because now Lebron is getting just a fraction of the Kobe treatment. Meaning...Lebron is now being hyped up in an area to be better than he actually is. Funny a Kobe fan complaining about this because Kobe has seen this very literally 8 years now on the defensive side of the ball.:confusedshrug:

Doranku
03-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Of course. They (he) will just never get it. Unless you've played at a competitive level or coached its a concept that is lost on most.

Organized basketball is not pickup basketball. Its far more complex. Its never just as simple as putting a defender on a player the entire game to stop him. Its a team concept always...no matter how good of an on ball defender somebody is.

He's just mad at ESPN and the world because now Lebron is getting just a fraction of the Kobe treatment. Meaning...Lebron is now being hyped up in an area to be better than he actually is. Funny a Kobe fan complaining about this because Kobe has seen this very literally 8 years now on the defensive side of the ball.:confusedshrug:
:roll: This is ironic coming from one of the biggest box score warriors on this forum.

FG%! FG%! FG%! No context! Yeah!

DMAVS41
03-25-2012, 05:34 PM
:roll: This is ironic coming from one of the biggest box score warriors on this forum.

FG%! FG%! FG%! No context! Yeah!

Funny coming from somebody that wants to ignore stats all together and now wants to use them. With no context.

I've never been in favor of just using one or the other....you just want everyone that disagrees with you to be that way...even though we aren't.

Efficiency matters....of course you don't want it to...but it does.

And what does any of your post have to do with the discussion at hand? Nothing. Why? Because you can't write a coherent response so you resort to yet another personal attack on an anonymous message board. Get a new game son. Or at least learn to respond to a post and not go on and on about the person posting.

Owned....as usual.

HEAT111
03-25-2012, 05:40 PM
I doubt that his defense will be exposed. Both guys are just going to go at it against each other.

chips93
03-25-2012, 05:40 PM
DMAVS41 is gettin trolled baaaaaad right now

:coleman:

DMAVS41
03-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Well...the Kobe Stans have lost yet another debate. Time to leave this thread.

Carry on talking about me while I'm gone though.....:roll:

Doranku
03-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Funny coming from somebody that wants to ignore stats all together and now wants to use them. With no context.

I've never been in favor of just using one or the other....you just want everyone that disagrees with you to be that way...even though we aren't.

Efficiency matters....of course you don't want it to...but it does.

And what does any of your post have to do with the discussion at hand? Nothing. Why? Because you can't write a coherent response so you resort to yet another personal attack on an anonymous message board. Get a new game son. Or at least learn to respond to a post and not go on and on about the person posting.

Owned....as usual.
:oldlol:

It's just funny seeing you act as if you have this deeper understanding of basketball that comes from experience when a.) you've probably never touched a basketball in your life and b.) 99% of your arguments are taken from snapshots of box scores.

I can't wait for LeBron to get torched by Durant tonight. People think he's this amazing lock-down defender because of what he did to Rose. Dude has been a mediocre man-to-man defender throughout his entire career. His whole defensive reputation is a result of his help defense and chase down blocks that look pretty on ESPN.

LeBron isn't even the best wing defender on his team. I'll take Wade defensively over LeBron any day. It won't be surprising if LeBron wins DPOY, though. The latter half of this decade has been littered with absurd individual accolade winners.

I love Nash, but really? 2 MVPs? A guy who only plays one side of the ball? Derrick Rose with an MVP? Mike Brown COTY? I just don't think individual accolades carry the same worth that they used to.

Whoah10115
03-25-2012, 05:50 PM
Funny a Kobe fan complaining about this because Kobe has seen this very literally 8 years now on the defensive side of the ball.:confusedshrug:

Big disagree. Kobe was the best defensive guard in the league in 2007-08 and rightfully 1st Team in 08-09. 09-10, I could put him on the 2nd team.

He's not what he used to be, but 8 years is crazy. 07-08 ranks better than any season, defensively, other than 02-03 (people rate the 99-00 season way too highly).

LakersReign
03-25-2012, 05:54 PM

The problem is, with these so called basketball fans that have only been watching since '03. They're CLUELESS about what defense really is. The 80's "Bad Boys" Pistons and the Knicks were what defense is. Now they think chase downs blocks from behind and simply blocking a shot is defense.:facepalm

BallsOut
03-25-2012, 06:10 PM
Lebron's defense has already been exposed in the playoffs last year. Paul Pierce, Luol Deng, Jason Terry and Shawn Marion lit him up pretty good. :oldlol:

Cangri
03-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Can anyone really stop Durant if he's on fire?

maybeshewill13
03-25-2012, 06:33 PM
Can anyone really stop Durant if he's on fire?

No. If he's hitting his shots, it's good game.

Hopefully tonight he's sinking them :D

arifgokcen
03-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Wow reading all those comments about lebron's defense,i should think he is not even top 20 or 30 defender in the league.

Eat Like A Bosh
03-25-2012, 06:45 PM

:oldlol: What episode was that again?

G-train
03-25-2012, 06:59 PM
Lebron James is the best man on man defender when he is highly motivated. His 'high' motivation can last 1 possession or 5 games, it varies. In general, he is a good defender.
If there is an opportunity to play passing lanes or make weak side block he usually performs this well.
However, his off ball rotations are pretty poor most of the time. He can be lazy and not make smart decisions. Wade too. I think this is basically due to fatigue.
The best defender in the league is Dwight Howard, for all the usual reasons.

pauk
03-25-2012, 07:00 PM
this Bladers guy seems to be tormented by Lebron in some way....

knickswin
03-25-2012, 07:07 PM
lebron's not an amazing man-to-man defender.

pauk
03-25-2012, 07:08 PM

Derrick Rose objects...

BallsOut
03-25-2012, 07:10 PM
:oldlol: What episode was that again?

The one where no one has internet and have to head to a camp in California to find internet.

G-train
03-25-2012, 07:10 PM

When highly motivated he is the best man to man defender, and easily IMO.

Heavincent
03-25-2012, 07:25 PM
Derrick Rose objects...

Does this really need to be explained again?

You know what, no, it doesn't. If you guys don't get it now, you never will.

Lord Leoshes
03-25-2012, 07:50 PM

that being said. LBJ is probably not DPOY clear cut if he ain't in top 3 steals.

So you want him to gamble for steals that more times then not he will not get which would only put him out of position so another teammate is forced to rotate which then puts his team in scramble mod?

Steals are one of the most misleading stats around. Even Blocks are overrated. I would rather have my player take a charge then Gamble on the block which also more times then not leads to a foul.

arifgokcen
03-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Lebron is 3rd in steals.Rubio will not qualify because he is out for the season.

knickswin
03-25-2012, 09:13 PM
When highly motivated he is the best man to man defender, and easily IMO.

in my opinion he is not. there are probably a fair amount of randos like shawn marion and thabo sefolosha and tony allen who are better. i've seen him guard melo a lot, and lebron doesn't really have the fundamentals to cover him or even make his life that hard. lebron can play great team defense, but man-to-man is not his forte.

game3524
03-25-2012, 09:18 PM
Durant is lighting his ass up in the first half.

Doranku
03-25-2012, 09:19 PM
:oldlol:

It's just funny seeing you act as if you have this deeper understanding of basketball that comes from experience when a.) you've probably never touched a basketball in your life and b.) 99% of your arguments are taken from snapshots of box scores.

I can't wait for LeBron to get torched by Durant tonight. People think he's this amazing lock-down defender because of what he did to Rose. Dude has been a mediocre man-to-man defender throughout his entire career. His whole defensive reputation is a result of his help defense and chase down blocks that look pretty on ESPN.

LeBron isn't even the best wing defender on his team. I'll take Wade defensively over LeBron any day. It won't be surprising if LeBron wins DPOY, though. The latter half of this decade has been littered with absurd individual accolade winners.

I love Nash, but really? 2 MVPs? A guy who only plays one side of the ball? Derrick Rose with an MVP? Mike Brown COTY? I just don't think individual accolades carry the same worth that they used to.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

knickswin
03-25-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm not even watching the game, but I could have predicted this. it's not that hard to get lebron off balance on defense. dude should take boxing classes or something. he does not have great natural footwork.

konex
03-25-2012, 09:22 PM
OP is right. Bron is a good defender when he has a physical and skill advantage over guys. Not so much with KD

Bladers
03-25-2012, 09:30 PM
18pts, 8/10 (80%) 6 assists. (first half)

Lebron getting destroyed!!! As I expected. DPOY my ass :roll: :roll: :roll:

Where is kblaze... how's he gonna spin this? :oldlol: :facepalm

Stern
03-25-2012, 09:30 PM
Dwight Howard is MVP and DPOY.

OldSchoolBBall
03-25-2012, 09:50 PM
Bron is getting lit up. Then again, every great defender gets lit up on occasion.

Doctor Rivers
03-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Bron is getting lit up. Then again, every great defender gets lit up on occasion.

Except when you're Kobe and get lit up Gilbert Arenas style every night

Collie
03-25-2012, 10:08 PM
Lebron looking shook

Bladers
03-25-2012, 10:12 PM

But fact is LEbron isn't a great defender not is he DPOY. thats the whole point.

First time he guards the opp best player and he gets lit up.

When you are that bad man on man, you can't be the DPOY.

unlike guys like Artest who usually shuts down durant every game for the last couple of years.

What Durant is showing is that he's the better defender. As mysynergysports supports.

The Iron Fist
03-25-2012, 10:37 PM

Bronz isn't a great defender though.

The Iron Fist
03-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Except when you're Kobe and get lit up Gilbert Arenas style every night
Chucking and getting lit up has produced 5 rings.

Making the right play and playing bron d,

goose eggs.

Whoah10115
03-25-2012, 10:40 PM
But fact is LEbron isn't a great defender not is he DPOY. thats the whole point.

First time he guards the opp best player and he gets lit up.

When you are that bad man on man, you can't be the DPOY.

unlike guys like Artest who usually shuts down durant every game for the last couple of years.

What Durant is showing is that he's the better defender. As mysynergysports supports.

First to go on my new ignore list :bowdown:

G-Funk
03-25-2012, 10:40 PM
U called it!

Dictator
03-25-2012, 10:41 PM
18pts, 8/10 (80%) 6 assists. (first half)

Lebron getting destroyed!!! As I expected. DPOY my ass :roll: :roll: :roll:

Where is kblaze... how's he gonna spin this? :oldlol: :facepalm

:applause:

Bladers
03-25-2012, 10:47 PM
U called it!

yep... where are his fanboys though? hiding.. :oldlol:

Not only did durant go off on Lebron, he shut him down on the other end (17pts, 8/18) but he only scored 2 points on Durant.

Where's kblaze, how's he gonna spin this? :oldlol:

Simple Jack
03-25-2012, 11:05 PM
yep... where are his fanboys though? hiding.. :oldlol:

Not only did durant go off on Lebron, he shut him down on the other end (17pts, 8/18) but he only scored 2 points on Durant.

Where's kblaze, how's he gonna spin this? :oldlol:

There's nothing to spin...it's one game.

He already mentioned Mashburn dropped 50 on Pippen...what did that prove? That Pippen isn't the defender he was hyped up to be? Stop overreacting.

zizozain
03-25-2012, 11:05 PM
i don't like Bladers

but he's shitting on kblaze and DMAVS41

Indian guy
03-25-2012, 11:06 PM
Who cares about defense? It's his offense that gets exposed every night.

Kingwillball
03-25-2012, 11:09 PM
They said before the game in ISO's against Lebron offensive players are shooting 19% against him.. So obviously he is very good.. Durant just happens to be 3 inches taller than Lebron and has a Sweet stroke so no Shock he can score on Lebron..

dunksby
03-25-2012, 11:10 PM
i don't like Bladers

Those two dont need shitting on, they do it by posting those walls of text that are close to ranting of Livia Soprano (RIP).

DMAVS41
03-25-2012, 11:11 PM
i don't like Bladers

what are you talking about?

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-25-2012, 11:12 PM
There's nothing to spin...it's one game.

He already mentioned Mashburn dropped 50 on Pippen...what did that prove? That Pippen isn't the defender he was hyped up to be? Stop overreacting.
you are right, nothing to spin...he is simply over rated, both offensively and defensively

dunksby
They said before the game in ISO's against Lebron offensive players are shooting 19% against him.. So obviously he is very good.. Durant just happens to be 3 inches taller than Lebron and has a Sweet stroke so no Shock he can score on Lebron..
Durant taking people down to earth and hitting them hard with reality :lol
What happened to the most versatile defender of all time who could defend 5 positions?

RRR3
i don't like Bladers

No one shits on Kblaze, least of all Bladers

mjokc
03-25-2012, 11:14 PM
Durant taking people down to earth and hitting them hard with reality :lol
What happened to the most versatile defender of all time who could defend 5 positions?

Dawg... you exposing them. I remember thread after thread about how Lebron locks KD down blah blah blah. Man Bron didn't do nothing but watch KD light his ass up.

L8kersfan222
03-25-2012, 11:21 PM
kblaze is shook

305Baller
03-25-2012, 11:23 PM
kblaze is shook

:milton

RRR3
03-25-2012, 11:23 PM
mmmm kobe jizz
:facepalm

G-train
03-25-2012, 11:25 PM
in my opinion he is not. there are probably a fair amount of randos like shawn marion and thabo sefolosha and tony allen who are better. i've seen him guard melo a lot, and lebron doesn't really have the fundamentals to cover him or even make his life that hard. lebron can play great team defense, but man-to-man is not his forte.

False.
When Lebron is fresh, healthy and motivated he is the best.
Can you imagine if he didn't have to play offence and so many mins?
That's why the all time greats are all time greats, they play both ends at a high level, not just focusing on one or two areas of the game.

stephanieg
03-25-2012, 11:25 PM
LeBron got exposed so badly they had to put the censor bars up.

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-25-2012, 11:27 PM

:facepalm

The Iron Fist
03-25-2012, 11:44 PM

Kobe earned it.

Heavincent
03-25-2012, 11:46 PM
OP was spot on.

Chaddai
03-26-2012, 12:16 AM
Lebron's defense was spectacular today. KD could only make 2-3 shots over Lebron 1 on 1 (NO screens). Props to the Thunder for their set plays/ great screens though. KD is money off the ball using screens and with the ball using screens for his jump shot. Besides guarding Durant, he guarded Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka,and Perkins too. They weren't switches or anything. He was placed as the 1,2,4,5 position, so he had to guard them. He played great help defense too. He deserves DPOY cause of his versatility/help defense

MASH Transit
03-26-2012, 12:24 AM
Lebron's defense was spectacular today. KD could only make 2-3 shots over Lebron 1 on 1 (NO screens). Props to the Thunder for their set plays/ great screens though. KD is money off the ball using screens and with the ball using screens for his jump shot. Besides guarding Durant, he guarded Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka,and Perkins too. They weren't switches or anything. He was placed as the 1,2,4,5 position, so he had to guard them. He played great help defense too. He deserves DPOY cause of his versatility/help defense

Durant held LeBron, Wade, Haslem, and Chalmers. And he held his assignments better than LeBron held his.

LakersReign
03-26-2012, 01:53 AM
The so called defensive player of the year campaigned by ESPN is about to be exposed. He will finally get to guard the best player of an opponent team for the entire game, what guys like deng and iggy do every game not just the last two possession of a game in the 4th quarter.

You called this one for sure. Lebron has SOME defensive skills, but not as much as they try to hype him up to have. He guarded Rose last year and had success ONLY due to the Heat player team defense on Rose. It wasn't all Lebron, but yet they hyped it up like it was all him ,and just him alone.

According to some KD is a skinny punk, but there's no denying the dudes skills. Lebron's built like a truck and gets SEVERELY outplayed by that same supposed "skinny punk." Lebronytes really need to stfu about Lebron cuz if it was anybody else, playing against a rival makes you "get up" and play your best. Jordan/Magic/Bird had rivalries cuz they "got up" to play each other. Lebron faces a rival and disappears. But remember now, he's supposedly the prototype of the prototype of the future of the NBA.:facepalm

Bladers
03-26-2012, 02:14 AM

lol pauk nice try. how the ban workig out for you? get some sleep bro, lebron was fully unclothed tonight. :oldlol:

Tenchi Ryu
03-26-2012, 02:15 AM
You called this one for sure. Lebron has SOME defensive skills, but not as much as they try to hype him up to have. He guarded Rose last year and had success ONLY due to the Heat player team defense on Rose. It wasn't all Lebron, but yet they hyped it up like it was all him ,and just him alone.

And hopefully that shit will start to die down...

dunksby
03-26-2012, 02:19 AM
Grow a pair and post on your main account.

Bladers
03-26-2012, 02:32 AM
Grow a pair and post on your main account.

he got banned. :oldlol:

OldSchoolBBall
03-26-2012, 02:36 AM
Big disagree. Kobe was the best defensive guard in the league in 2007-08 and rightfully 1st Team in 08-09. 09-10, I could put him on the 2nd team.

He's not what he used to be, but 8 years is crazy. 07-08 ranks better than any season, defensively, other than 02-03 (people rate the 99-00 season way too highly).

LMAO. :oldlol: Kobe has not deserved more than 1-2 defensive first team selections since 2006. Yet he has 6 of them. Go figure.

Whoah10115
03-26-2012, 02:45 AM
LMAO. :oldlol: Kobe has not deserved more than 1-2 defensive first team selections since 2006. Yet he has 6 of them. Go figure.

I said he deserved it in 07-08 and 08-09 and that's 2. I had him 2nd in 09-10.

And since 2006 he has 5.

chazzy
03-26-2012, 02:47 AM
...Which is exactly what he said, 2 seasons

OldSchoolBBall
03-26-2012, 02:55 AM
I said he deserved it in 07-08 and 08-09 and that's 2. I had him 2nd in 09-10.

And since 2006 he has 5.

I was including 2006. He made first team in '06-'11, so thats six selections when he deserved 1-2 at best.

Kblaze8855
03-26-2012, 06:46 AM
Where's kblaze, how's he gonna spin this?

What...am I generally here posting heavily after Heat games?

Durant had what...28? Off the top of my head he hit Battier with acrossover and hit a 3 over him and Haslem before the half....had that nice layup in traffic on the break during which Lebron was on the outletpasser 60 feet away, he hit a few FTs with Lebron out of the game, scored at least once more on Battier, and had an alley while Lebron was on who I think was one of the bigmen just finding someone in transition. And the last 3 in the 4th(just glanced at the highlights) Lebron seems to be on Harden and Chalmers tries to contest the shot with Lebron on the other side of the court.

No less than 15 of his 28 had nothing to do with Lebron and several that did were after screens reduced the isolation aspect of it.

Even if I cared about the outcome of this game for any reason related to an individual player....why would Durant having at most 13 points on Lebron no more than 10 of them without a screen be something I thought worth discussion? And it may be less than that. I remember Lebron going out in the second and the commentator mentioning that durant had not gone out in the first half. Im not sure he didnt hit a shot then too.

Im not watching games worried about shit like that. Hell I watched it with 2 friends one of them a bandwaggon heat fan who gets overly animated when he feels a foul was missed. The Heat losing is considerably less annoying to me in those situations.

Kevin Durant is a HOF level scorer. Him scoring 12-13 or so on you is not noteworthy. We were talking more about Harden and the Titanium Beard during the game.

Teanett
03-26-2012, 07:05 AM
lebron looked slow. he's injured.

SpaceJammeR
03-26-2012, 07:07 AM
Heat will take it at home in their next meeting. no way in hell ibaka and perkins put up those numbers again.

Glide2keva
03-26-2012, 07:27 AM
You called this one for sure. Lebron has SOME defensive skills, but not as much as they try to hype him up to have. He guarded Rose last year and had success ONLY due to the Heat player team defense on Rose. It wasn't all Lebron, but yet they hyped it up like it was all him, and just him alone.Wait, what? How come us Bulls fans get called homers and dick riders for making this exact same point?

Wow.

L8kersfan222
03-26-2012, 06:19 PM
:mad:

damn he's shook, only reason why ISH gave you mods is because you're the resident retard bro

pauk
03-26-2012, 06:29 PM
He did pretty good defensively imo... but i guess not good enough to guard all 5 players at once.... so yes, i guess his defense got exposed... :D

Durant made only 2 shots on Lebron, without screening him of aka. man to man / iso... both perimeter jumpshots, Durant is freakishly tall for a SF and is a great shooter... some great defensive SFs like Lebron, Iggy, Deng can at best stop him most of the time from blowing by them (without getting screened)... but i dont think any SF can bother him taking a jumpshot with that length.... dude is 6'11 and im sure he has a nasty wingspan to...

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-26-2012, 06:32 PM
:roll:
KD, with his blindingly quick first step (sarcasm) blew past Lebron on at least 3 separate occasions.

pauk
03-26-2012, 06:43 PM
:roll:
KD, with his blindingly quick first step (sarcasm) blew past Lebron on at least 3 separate occasions.

Hm... nah, he was pretty much screened of... but without screening Lebron of those 1-2 players there was only 1 occasion Durant did actually go past him somewhat, but Lebron played him that way, he shaded him, baited him to go baseline... where Durant got blocked, Lebron then took the ball and had a fastbreak dunk...

He was ok...... but offensively Lebron was wwaaabsolutely horrible last night... he has been in some kindof shooting slump these last 4 games...

L8kersfan222
03-26-2012, 06:45 PM
Hm... nah, he was pretty much screened of... but without screening Lebron of those 1-2 players there was only 1 occasion Durant did actually go past him somewhat, but Lebron played him that way, he shaded him, baited him to go baseline... where Durant got blocked, Lebron then took the ball and had a fastbreak dunk...

He was ok...... but offensively Lebron was wwaaabsolutely horrible last night... he has been in some kindof shooting slump these last 4 games...
thats why you disappeared right?

SlayerEnraged
03-26-2012, 06:48 PM

U sir are a clown. Iverso in the 01 finals: 162 shots just to get 178 points. :rolleyes: :hammerhead:

MASH Transit
03-26-2012, 06:49 PM

Why are you making shit up? I have every single one of their ISO possessions right here and Durant scored on LeBron literally 4 or 5 times in the first half before Spo took him off and switched Battier on him. Why do you think Spo felt that were necessary, Pauk? Because LeBron was getting beat off the dribble, was biting on pump fakes and getting lost on counters, getting lost on screens, etc.

And on the other end, was completely and utterly stifled by Durant's defense.

The **** outta here with your bullshit.

Bladers
04-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Bump.

How you guys feel with what KD gonna do to Lebron again?

If there's a repeat performance, I wonder how kblaze gonna spin it again... him being a lebron fan and all. :oldlol:

Kblaze8855
04-04-2012, 05:54 PM
How about this...if anything note worthy happens I will comment on it. If he scores 13 points on him again I likely wont. You people who cant wait to talk about Lebron no matter what just amaze me. Its...not that interesting a subject.

Bladers
04-04-2012, 06:03 PM
How about this...if anything note worthy happens I will comment on it. If he scores 13 points on him again I likely wont. You people who cant wait to talk about Lebron no matter what just amaze me. Its...not that interesting a subject.

Look son. I'm gonna make a GIF thread tomorrow like I did with the kobe vs Wade matchup (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=254733).

The gif thread will consist of all the shots taken over james by durant and all the shots taken over durant by james.

You think scoring 13 points (though he scored way more) on someone in the first half only is a small feat?

That's atleast 6 field goals (though he had more). There is a reason Spo pulled lebron off durant and put battier on him in the second half

when you are (say for ex:) 6 of 7 against a specific defender and the defender is hyped as the so called DPOY. What does that mean to you?

Durant was like 2 of 8 against battier by the way.

Anyway, It will all be seen soon. Lebron's defense will forever be exposed and the thread will be quoted from now on and used in every argument.

Your credibility will also take a hit, as it should. You let your emotional love for someone cloud your judgment.

That will prove to be a mighty mistake.

Bladers
04-04-2012, 06:08 PM
It won't surprise me if Spo puts battier on KD. Won't surprise me one bit.

So Durant has the first 8 mins to get off on Lebron.

AlphaWolf24
04-04-2012, 06:28 PM

your elitist mentality is tired..

you think you know about basketball because you made some 6th grade level basketball videos??

2 of the best basketball players in the world going against each other ....of course people are going to talk about it...of course people are going to get excited....heck I used to Geek out on 1 play of Bird going at Magic...

we all get it...you got feelings for certain players and will try to spin the **** outta thier play to sound like you know about basketball...

your act is silly and tired...basketball is the best sport in the world, we all love it....who cares if people talk trash about ____________ matchups 24/7..that's part of basketball.

interwebz = serious biznazz:facepalm

Simple Jack
04-04-2012, 06:40 PM

you think you know about basketball because you made some 6th grade level basketball videos??

2 of the best basketball players in the world going against each other ....of course people are going to talk about it...of course people are going to get excited....heck I used to Geek out on 1 play of Bird going at Magic...

we all get it...you got feelings for certain players and will try to spin the **** outta thier play to sound like you know about basketball...

your act is silly and tired...basketball is the best sport in the world, we all love it....who cares if people talk trash about ____________ matchups 24/7..that's part of basketball.

Coming from someone who thinks Kobe is better than Jordan, this could be the most hilarious thing posted. You troll with such passion...it's almost...admirable.

AlphaWolf24
04-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Coming from someone who thinks Kobe is better than Jordan, this could be the most hilarious thing posted. You troll with such passion...it's almost...admirable.

hold up kid....

#1. I think Magic and Jordan are the 2 greatest players I've seen (been watching since early 80's)...followed by Kobe and Bird...

My point was that .....it's very acceptable to compare Kobe and MJ "similar players , similar roles , similar results".... vs. the "OMG! NO way can you compare Kobe and MJ....MJ was just way to much bester!!..Bigger hands and greater muscle density....49%FG%%%!! OMG" aspect

I have been just countering the arguement by "elitists fans" that Kobe doesn't compare to MJ...when the truth is he absolutley does.

in fact Kobe's skillset is 2nd to no one....he even does some things far better then Jordan...and vice versa.

#2. I have never looked down upon anyone for wanting to talk about any basketball related subject..even if was about lebron or Kobe 24/7...

it's hoop the best sport ever...enjoy all the posts:cheers:

Simple Jack
04-04-2012, 06:53 PM
hold up kid....

#1. I think Magic and Jordan are the 2 greatest players I've seen (been watching since early 80's)...followed by Kobe and Bird...

My point was that .....it's very acceptable to compare Kobe and MJ "similar players , similar roles , similar results".... vs. the "OMG! NO way can you compare Kobe and MJ....MJ was just way to much bester!!..Bigger hands and greater muscle density....49%FG%%%!! OMG" aspect

I have been just countering the arguement by "elitists fans" that Kobe doesn't compare to MJ...when the truth is he absolutley does.

in fact Kobe's skillset is 2nd to no one....he even does some things far better then Jordan...and vice versa.

#2. I have never looked down upon anyone for wanting to talk about any basketball related subject..even if was about lebron or Kobe 24/7...

it's hoop the best sport ever...enjoy all the posts:cheers:

The bolded is false.

Haven't you mentioned hundreds of times that you think Kobe is the GOAT?

On a side note; no chance you are a coach + play in a league + play pickup ball + work + have time to troll 24/7 on this forum + apparently traveled the world training MMA. You have the eloquence of a 7 year old autistic kid.

Bladers
04-04-2012, 07:02 PM

Don't get too bent out of shape over Kblaze.
I think he is a Lebron camp plant.

AlphaWolf24
04-04-2012, 07:03 PM
The bolded is false.

Haven't you mentioned hundreds of times that you think Kobe is the GOAT?

On a side note; no chance you are a coach + play in a league + play pickup ball + work + have time to troll 24/7 on this forum + apparently traveled the world training MMA. You have the eloquence of a 7 year old autistic kid.

#1. bolded is jacked up....I know 7 year old learning challenged kids far more original and funny.

#2. 2 years and 5 posts a day is "trolling 24/7?? ..ok.

#3. everything I said is 100% truf..KOBE da GOAT...aka LORD GAWDBE..aka LORDBE...

deal wit it son..

L8kersfan222
04-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Kblaze getting murdered by Alphawolf, just strip him of his mods he's making a fool of himself.

zizozain
04-04-2012, 07:14 PM

yeah..
put him in his place

Clippersfan86
04-04-2012, 09:51 PM
Did you mean Durant's D would get exposed? Lmao.

PyrrhusX
04-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Did you mean Durant's D would get exposed? Lmao.

Is lebron shooting an astronomically insane field goal percentage?
*Slow clap*
Well done clippersfan, well done.

kileer7
04-04-2012, 10:08 PM
LeBron is a great defender, perhaps the best perimeter defender in the game this year.

madmax
04-04-2012, 10:15 PM
:lol :roll: :biggums:

Faptastrophe
04-05-2012, 07:53 AM
9 f***ing turnovers by KD?...

LeBron James

d21221hk
04-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Look son. I'm gonna make a GIF thread tomorrow like I did with the kobe vs Wade matchup (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=254733).

The gif thread will consist of all the shots taken over james by durant and all the shots taken over durant by james.

You think scoring 13 points (though he scored way more) on someone in the first half only is a small feat?

That's atleast 6 field goals (though he had more). There is a reason Spo pulled lebron off durant and put battier on him in the second half

when you are (say for ex:) 6 of 7 against a specific defender and the defender is hyped as the so called DPOY. What does that mean to you?

Durant was like 2 of 8 against battier by the way.

Anyway, It will all be seen soon. Lebron's defense will forever be exposed and the thread will be quoted from now on and used in every argument.

Your credibility will also take a hit, as it should. You let your emotional love for someone cloud your judgment.

That will prove to be a mighty mistake.

where's the GIF thread? doesn't fit your agenda now? :confusedshrug: :kobe:

UtahJazzFan88
04-06-2012, 02:11 PM

Typical RG. Thunder/Bulls/Rockets fan and god knows what other teams.

pauk
04-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Bladers... why dont you take your blades and roll/glide out of here and take some fresh air... maybe that oxygen is what your brain needs to let go of your blinded Lebron hatred and allow you think more rationally...

arifgokcen
04-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Lebron is the best defensive player in the game.I think he may be the most versatile defender of all time too.Bladers you are gonna have to accept the fact that lebron is the best offensive and defensive player in nba

Bladers
04-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Lebron is the best defensive player in the game.I think he may be the most versatile defender of all time too.Bladers you are gonna have to accept the fact that lebron is the best offensive and defensive player in nba

LOL @ someone being ranked 195th being the best?

Durant still dropped 30 on better effiency than him.

Lebron on the other hand had alot of dunks and opportunist threes.

And wassup with the PnR, can't he score 1 on 1? :oldlol:

No son, Durant killed LEbron once again, got by him with ease just couldn't finish aftwards. Plus he was doubled all night.

Most of the T/O came out of sloppy passes in the First Q and trying to pass out of double teams in teh second half.

LakersReign
04-06-2012, 03:28 PM

All that sounds nice to say and all. But if that were even close to being true, when Jason Terry called him out in the Finals, and told him straight up, "you CAN'T guard me" why did he prove Terry right? If Lebron's defense was all that in the first place, he'd have shut Terry down. The fact that he couldn't after being publicly called out to do so, speaks volumes.:no:

Faptastrophe
04-06-2012, 03:29 PM
LOL @ someone being ranked 195th being the best?

Durant still dropped 30 on better effiency than him.

Lebron on the other hand had alot of dunks and opportunist threes.

And wassup with the PnR, can't he score 1 on 1? :oldlol:

No son, Durant killed LEbron once again, got by him with ease just couldn't finish aftwards. Plus he was doubled all night.

Most of the T/O came out of sloppy passes in the First Q and trying to pass out of double teams in teh second half.

^http://i.imgur.com/PkKOT.png

Haha, you are terrible. Once again you got exposed as the most ignorant poster on ISH and you still can't admit that you were wrong.

Now, go fap to some photos of jesus.

Bladers
04-06-2012, 03:32 PM
^ If im wrong.

Why is it in the past 4 games against Lebron. Durant is averaging over 30 points on over 56% shooting?

You would think he would struggle against Lebron's world class defense.

D-Wade316
04-06-2012, 03:36 PM
^ If im wrong.

Why is it in the past 4 games against Lebron. Durant is averaging over 30 points on over 56% shooting?

PJR
04-06-2012, 03:38 PM
All that sounds nice to say and all. But if that were even close to being true, when Jason Terry called him out in the Finals, and told him straight up, "you CAN'T guard me" why did he prove Terry right? If Lebron's defense was all that in the first place, he'd have shut Terry down. The fact that he couldn't after being publicly called out to do so, speaks volumes.:no:

You're such a fvcking moron, and you prove it 90% of your post. :oldlol:

So because Jason Terry got hot, and hit some contested jumpshots it means LeBron isn't one of the greatest defenders in the league?

Your idiocy holds no bounds. :roll:

arifgokcen
04-06-2012, 04:31 PM
^ If im wrong.

Bladers how old are you.I am not talking about your real age(mentally)

:roll: :roll: :roll:

arifgokcen
04-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Bladers your ignorance has reached a level that we 'mortals' can only marvel at the sight of it

Artillery
04-06-2012, 06:38 PM
lol at Bladers using synergysports to rank Lebron 195th in defense(as if there even is a be-all-end-all stat for defense)

pauk
04-06-2012, 06:46 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

d21221hk
04-06-2012, 10:23 PM
still waiting for that gif thread

KingBeasley08
04-06-2012, 10:36 PM
^http://i.imgur.com/PkKOT.png

Haha, you are terrible. Once again you got exposed as the most ignorant poster on ISH and you still can't admit that you were wrong.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

oh gawd :oldlol: