PDA

View Full Version : Mike brown

MJ(Mean John)
03-26-2012, 01:42 AM
Needs to be fired.

Dude is a jackass. I swear. I've been givin him the benefit of the doubt.
AFTER TONIGHT, benching your best player in a close game?

GTFOH, you're a new coach who isn't proven.
You're benching 16 years of greatness, 16 years of perfection and excellence. Hard work, etc. dude has BEEN the lakers for 16 years.

You aren't shit. He CAN'T COACH. Offensively, he can't make plays. He can't come up with consistent or good rotations.

And benching Kobe was stupid. Not even Phil would hav done that. Stupid On so many different levels. It's your best player and he gives you the best chance to win. If you think it'll go away, you're wrong.

I'm starting it now. With the addition of sessions and our big 3.

WE WANT SLOAN!

kobesabi
03-26-2012, 02:23 AM
Now go to your bench! :D

I was shocked...but I dunno...trouble ahead I think

lakerfreak
03-26-2012, 03:17 AM
I used to defend him a lot and I tried giving the benefit of the doubt on every occasion.

After reading Kobe's comments, and then seeing that Kobe didn't actually have a bad shooting game today, I am now on the middle boat that perhaps maybe the front office needs to get in there and investigate this issue. Because this was a win that we should have had, and it was lost because Bryant was not in.

So we need to examine why Mike did this, and if it was literally because he was in disagreement, then he shouldn't be coach. He gave Lebron whatever he wanted, but he seems to be a little different with Kobe.

MJ(Mean John)
03-26-2012, 03:26 AM
I used to defend him a lot and I tried giving the benefit of the doubt on every occasion.

After reading Kobe's comments, and then seeing that Kobe didn't actually have a bad shooting game today, I am now on the middle boat that perhaps maybe the front office needs to get in there and investigate this issue. Because this was a win that we should have had, and it was lost because Bryant was not in.

So we need to examine why Mike did this, and if it was literally because he was in disagreement, then he shouldn't be coach. He gave Lebron whatever he wanted, but he seems to be a little different with Kobe.

Somewhere, DK IS smiling. Lol

Link please?

I'd like to read Kobe's input

kobesabi
03-26-2012, 04:07 AM
Because this was a win that we should have had, and it was lost because Bryant was not in.

I disagree with this. It was a game were they were on the losing end in the last 5-6 min that didn't seem to matter whether Kobe was in there or not. Even John Ireland pointed that out after the game. However, in the past (several years ago) there were time where Kobe could bring it back... Today wasn't a hot shooting day for Kobe, so I doubted it.

However, if I were Brown, I'd leave him in there or to let them give it their best. if they lose, all have to take the blame. I think Brown has some frustration internally already about Kobe and something today kinda pushed it passed the frustration threshold...caused him to do that. Maybe he didn't like Kobe ignoring him and doing self coaching (like inserting himself in the game without coach approval) kinda setting bad example to the rest of the team...and in a way disrespecting him as a coach...so Mike did that to show who is the coach. My guess is he probably told Kobe to do something (like attack the paint instead of perimeter jumpshot) but Kobe didn't and kept on ignoring it.

It feels like 2004 again.

lakerfreak
03-26-2012, 06:44 AM
I disagree with this. It was a game were they were on the losing end in the last 5-6 min that didn't seem to matter whether Kobe was in there or not. Even John Ireland pointed that out after the game. However, in the past (several years ago) there were time where Kobe could bring it back... Today wasn't a hot shooting day for Kobe, so I doubted it.

However, if I were Brown, I'd leave him in there or to let them give it their best. if they lose, all have to take the blame. I think Brown has some frustration internally already about Kobe and something today kinda pushed it passed the frustration threshold...caused him to do that. Maybe he didn't like Kobe ignoring him and doing self coaching (like inserting himself in the game without coach approval) kinda setting bad example to the rest of the team...and in a way disrespecting him as a coach...so Mike did that to show who is the coach. My guess is he probably told Kobe to do something (like attack the paint instead of perimeter jumpshot) but Kobe didn't and kept on ignoring it.

It feels like 2004 again.

So the one time I blame coach, you switch sides :D Just kidding.

I like Brown as a coach, I like Kobe as a player. I wish Kobe would man up and listen to coach. As for Brown, was that a game he needed to pull Kobe?

Another thing, I didn't say fire brown. I said lakers management and ownership need to investigate this issue and cool the water down before it boils and starts spilling over the pan. (God im so hungry right now lol).

So I hope I didn't give that impression.

White Mamba
03-26-2012, 09:30 AM
I don't like brown but he is not the reason bynum got 4 reb in 41 minutes - we lost the game right there.

also, why bench kobe after he brought u back from 65-51 to 66-65?:facepalm

DKLaker
03-26-2012, 10:18 AM
Welcome aboard my "Mike Brown is a Fking Moron" Bandwagon my friends :cheers:
I have never seen a more dense, clueless coach than Brown.....I mean the guy has no freaking clue as to how to coach a team.....and NBA people know this.
Brown is all talk, no action and no sense. He seriously needs to be fired.
Where the hell is Goudelock???? I am so sick of this idiot who cannot figure out a rotation at all.....the players do NOT trust this erratic guy.
"Blake is my starter for the forseeable future"???? Who on here thought that was true??? Why even say something that idiotic....players hear that stuff and :banghead: Fire his @ss!!!!

Eat Like A Bosh
03-26-2012, 10:44 AM
LakerFreak, it's time for you to admit that Mike Brown is a terrible coach.

DKLaker
03-26-2012, 11:07 AM
LakerFreak, it's time for you to admit that Mike Brown is a terrible coach.

Lakerfreak is way too much a "Company Guy" to admit something like that.
(No offense intended :D )

dd24
03-26-2012, 12:55 PM
I was so happy to see this thread. There have been a couple of us all along who knew what Brown was as a coach. I'm sure if someone went through old Cavaliers threads they could find the same complaints about Brown (of course that forum hardly gets any posts). Offensively he was terrible there too. He was horrible with the rotation. It's no suprise to me that the same thing is happening in LA. I think sometimes LA fans and the media are a little too laid back. This was a bonehead hire and management should get some heat for it. Brown should be a coordinator in the NBA. Some people are just far better fits as coordinators than they are head coaches.

DirtySanchez
03-26-2012, 01:39 PM
You know Mike Brown did not have a whole lot of time to implement his system on this team right. It's going to take time yall give the guy some slack.
This season is all screwed up...it's not even a whole season.

Come on now.

DKLaker
03-26-2012, 05:16 PM
You know Mike Brown did not have a whole lot of time to implement his system on this team right. It's going to take time yall give the guy some slack.
This season is all screwed up...it's not even a whole season.

Come on now.

This has absolutely nothing to do with implementing a system......what SYSTEM.....on what planet, has Kobe Bryant sitting on the bench late in the 4th quarter?????? There is no legitimate excuse for this guys complete lack of coaching ability.....or even common sense. No one can explain in intelligent fashion what this moron is doing.
Bottom line is that he was a moron in Cleveland and is still one in L.A.
He'll be gone before next season begins......BOOK IT!!!!!!

Brown should go back to being a video editor or stats guy......just like Metta said.

lakerfreak
03-26-2012, 05:47 PM
Lakerfreak is way too much a "Company Guy" to admit something like that.
(No offense intended :D )

lol whats a "company guy" ?

qrich
03-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Vinny Del Negro + Rights to Sofo + Gomes for Mike Brown
Get it done! :bowdown:

B
03-26-2012, 05:56 PM
Lakers were down by 3 to start the 4th

Down by 14 when Kobe was sat down after not having had a break for the entire second half

Lakers without Kobe cut the lead to 7 and that's about how it ended with him back on the floor.

Non issue, nothing to whine about just move on. Kobe's fine with it, he knows what's up. If Brown HAD LEFT HIM IN for the entire second half in a losing effort you guys would be complaining about that.

MJ(Mean John)
03-26-2012, 06:28 PM
This has absolutely nothing to do with implementing a system......what SYSTEM.....on what planet, has Kobe Bryant sitting on the bench late in the 4th quarter?????? There is no legitimate excuse for this guys complete lack of coaching ability.....or even common sense. No one can explain in intelligent fashion what this moron is doing.
Bottom line is that he was a moron in Cleveland and is still one in L.A.
He'll be gone before next season begins......BOOK IT!!!!!!

Brown should go back to being a video editor or stats guy......just like Metta said.

Haha metta said this? When?

Crown&Coke
03-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Mike Brown is a cool and all (I warmed up to his hiring some because of his defense 1st mentality), but I don't think you should hire a head coach who isn't the last say in his own huddle, straight up.

When you got Kuester (whose last team full of vets mutinied on him) with the clipboard drawing up plays, you got an issue.

When you got Darvin Ham and Chuck Person telling guys the defensive assignments, you got an issue.

I understand guys try to cover up their own short comings with their staff, but I cannot understand how a head coach does not do the head coaching duties other than do the post game presser.

And the Lakers complete lack of late game execution should be directly pointed at the head coach.

Crown&Coke
03-26-2012, 06:57 PM
and the way he hawks loogies and spits them in a cup on the sideline is just simply gross as shit. C'mon man, cover your face or something, its disgusting

DKLaker
03-26-2012, 09:55 PM
and the way he hawks loogies and spits them in a cup on the sideline is just simply gross as shit. C'mon man, cover your face or something, its disgusting

Seriously right........somebody needs to tell him this is L.A, not Sacramento......or Cleveland. Can you just imagine Phil or Riley doing that???
Brown is just wrong for us, plain and simple.

Anyone thinking that Kobe is ok with the benching is completely delusional.
Kobe is very far from ok with it. Kobe refused to even go into the huddle because he was so pissed off. He said that he has to be the leader out there and cannot show any anger with the coach. He said he has had Brown's back all year.....he's had his back all year because guys have been critical of Brown all year, Nobody has to comment that they had your back if everyone is happy with you....and no one has been happy with Brown.
Kobe remembers all the heat he took for his tirade so he is laying low publicly....I can guarantee you that he is seething.
Brown said he didn't tell Kobe why he was benched and doesn't plan on discussing it with him....WTF??? Any decent coach at any level who has ever benched one of their star players has told them why they benched them.....otherwise what is the point? You need them to understand what they need to do to keep from getting benched, what you expect from them.
Brown has continually been cooking a recipe for complete disaster.....maybe he's listening to his buddy who got run out of Detroit. Brown is History.....3 years left on his contract.....Kobe would be willing to buy out that contract....the rest of the guys would be willing to chip in.

DKLaker
03-26-2012, 10:19 PM
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2646/shuddleakakobebryantiso.jpg

This was so freaking good I had to steal it :roll: :roll: :roll:

bladefd
03-27-2012, 12:06 AM
This was a questionable move definitely. I want to give Brown the benefit of the doubt but it is tough.. sure the ball may have been stopping in the hands of Kobe too much in that 4th quarter but I think they could have figured it out. It was too late in the quarter to rest Kobe if that was his reason.

The only reason I can think of for benching Kobe is that Brown was angry with not much ball-movement, but that is NOT the time for statement. It is absolutely not the right time..

If that was the situation, you put Kobe out there and tell him to his face that what is happening is not right. Tell him explicitly, don't try to be implicit about it.. You know after 16 years, Kobe's style wins you games and loses you games. What will benching Kobe prove to anyone?? It just makes the entire situation worse and makes Kobe upset. Don't need a rift in the locker-room right now

Swaggin916
03-27-2012, 01:12 AM

kobe was not do anything late in the game only ball hogging and trying to score o defenders who were right up in his grill making it extremely hard for him to score... meanwhile u got bynum who can score almost every time if he doesnt turn it over or just kick it around. after he benched kobe we scored every possession the grizz just made plays with oj hitting that lucky 3 off a deflectec pass and then tony allen hitting like a 20 foot jump shot... then randolph with the hook and roll in they just won the game.

taking kobe out was a great move. if u are going to fire mike brown tha should not be the reason or the last straw or anything. kobe can have a very negative impact on this team when he gets into ball hog made just calling for iso every time cus he feels like he has something to prove... its bs.

lakerfreak
03-27-2012, 02:30 AM
kobe was not do anything late in the game only ball hogging and trying to score o defenders who were right up in his grill making it extremely hard for him to score... meanwhile u got bynum who can score almost every time if he doesnt turn it over or just kick it around. after he benched kobe we scored every possession the grizz just made plays with oj hitting that lucky 3 off a deflectec pass and then tony allen hitting like a 20 foot jump shot... then randolph with the hook and roll in they just won the game.

taking kobe out was a great move. if u are going to fire mike brown tha should not be the reason or the last straw or anything. kobe can have a very negative impact on this team when he gets into ball hog made just calling for iso every time cus he feels like he has something to prove... its bs.

I noticed that Kobe is not doing a good job being a distributor. But I am reading everywhere (because I didn't watch) that Kobe single handedly brought the team back to winning when they were down. Why bench Kobe after doing that?

Swaggin916
03-27-2012, 02:54 AM
I noticed that Kobe is not doing a good job being a distributor. But I am reading everywhere (because I didn't watch) that Kobe single handedly brought the team back to winning when they were down. Why bench Kobe after doing that?

he did not really he made some shots but so did others sessions and blake with some 3s and bynum with buckets... was not just kobe not by any means anybody who says that is a kobe homer along with those retards at staples calling for him to come back in.

lakerfreak
03-27-2012, 04:28 AM
This was so freaking good I had to steal it :roll: :roll: :roll:

Im pro mike brown but that was possibly one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I can't stop laughing lmao. :lol :lol :roll: :roll:

he did not really he made some shots but so did others sessions and blake with some 3s and bynum with buckets... was not just kobe not by any means anybody who says that is a kobe homer along with those retards at staples calling for him to come back in.

Yeah. I understand. Kobe has a very high IQ, but for the longest time, people made a claim saying "Kobe only passes to those who can play". This was during a time he didn't have a good team surrounding him. So we gave him the benefit of the doubt. Coaches let him shoot. We lost, and blamed it on management. Then everyone felt bad for Kobe who demanded a trade every single day. We now get him a bunch of talent. Talent Michael Jordan wish he had. Bynum is playing like the best center in the NBA as of late. Shaq called him the best. We have a power forward with the most skills out of any power forward, and hes still young enough to be a legit 1st or 2nd option. We have a point guard that has an extremely high IQ. Plays so smart.

What is Kobe's excuse now for taking terrible shots? Taking the shots he takes does not show his "high IQ" by any means. He's looking uncoachable, a claim made by Phil before, a claim made by reggie miller once when Kobe averaged 30 shots a game at one point shortly after Phil's return. Charles Barkley once said "No player should ever be allowed to take 30 shots a game". Frankly, its embarrassing because every other team has a system that they abide by. Why must Kobe feel like he's the exception to the rule?

He only won championships when he listened to Phil.

White Mamba
03-27-2012, 09:44 AM
[QUOTE=B

White Mamba
03-27-2012, 09:46 AM
This was a questionable move definitely. I want to give Brown the benefit of the doubt but it is tough.. sure the ball may have been stopping in the hands of Kobe too much in that 4th quarter but I think they could have figured it out. It was too late in the quarter to rest Kobe if that was his reason.

The only reason I can think of for benching Kobe is that Brown was angry with not much ball-movement, but that is NOT the time for statement. It is absolutely not the right time..

If that was the situation, you put Kobe out there and tell him to his face that what is happening is not right. Tell him explicitly, don't try to be implicit about it.. You know after 16 years, Kobe's style wins you games and loses you games. What will benching Kobe prove to anyone?? It just makes the entire situation worse and makes Kobe upset. Don't need a rift in the locker-room right now

kobe only shoot 2 times in the first 7 minutes of the 4th, so no reason 4 brown to think kobe handle the ball too much there, he let ramon run the offense.

White Mamba
03-27-2012, 09:54 AM
Im pro mike brown but that was possibly one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I can't stop laughing lmao. :lol :lol :roll: :roll:

Yeah. I understand. Kobe has a very high IQ, but for the longest time, people made a claim saying "Kobe only passes to those who can play". This was during a time he didn't have a good team surrounding him. So we gave him the benefit of the doubt. Coaches let him shoot. We lost, and blamed it on management. Then everyone felt bad for Kobe who demanded a trade every single day. We now get him a bunch of talent. Talent Michael Jordan wish he had. Bynum is playing like the best center in the NBA as of late. Shaq called him the best. We have a power forward with the most skills out of any power forward, and hes still young enough to be a legit 1st or 2nd option. We have a point guard that has an extremely high IQ. Plays so smart.

What is Kobe's excuse now for taking terrible shots? Taking the shots he takes does not show his "high IQ" by any means. He's looking uncoachable, a claim made by Phil before, a claim made by reggie miller once when Kobe averaged 30 shots a game at one point shortly after Phil's return. Charles Barkley once said "No player should ever be allowed to take 30 shots a game". Frankly, its embarrassing because every other team has a system that they abide by. Why must Kobe feel like he's the exception to the rule?

He only won championships when he listened to Phil.

this year kobe had a lot of offnights when he took good shots and didn't make them.

annd as far as the bad shots? have you ever give it a second? maybe kobe shoot bad shoots cuz he is the only one on this team who can take those last second shots? maybe if our offense run better he take less of those.

and look - he is shooting more than 46% at home - no change from the "listned to phil" kobe you like - his bad shooting are coming on the road where the team is playing bad most of the times - he is less than 40% on the road this year and I think it has to do with brown playing him 40 minutes on the road at age 33 - that's crazy coaching right there - phil last year played him 33 minutes and brown said he was asked by kobe to let him play around 33MPG this year but he run him more so we can win more games.

If you looking for reason why kobe's shooting bad on the road you need to start with mike brown rotations.

dd24
03-27-2012, 11:19 AM
Talent Michael Jordan wish he had.

Those Bulls teams were far more loaded than any contending team has been in the last decade. It was a different era with different rules and those teams were built near perfectly given those circumstances. I can't believe you would say this Lakers team is more talented than any of those Bulls teams.

DKLaker
03-27-2012, 01:59 PM
Here's the truth.......I would've threatened to bench Kobe at least 2 times this season if he didn't move the ball when he was cold.......but Brown didn't do crap but sit there and look stupid. NOW when Kobe is playing well and bringing the team back he decides to pull this crap.....I think he decided to do it before the game started, I don't think he has the I.Q to make adjustments during a game....I haven't seen it from him ever, not here and not in Cleveland.
I don't know if he was even aware of what was going on during that game....of all times to bench Kobe he chooses that game at that time to do it....very weird. He then said he's not going to tell Kobe WHY he did it??? Isn't the entire point to get Kobe to do what you want him to do? No wonder the players don't like this clown he's so erratic and clueless.....one moment you're the starter or key guy off the bench and the next moment you are not seeing the floor for weeks.....with no reason being discussed. That's @ss backwards coaching.
Goudelock came in and hit back to back 3's and was immediately benched for over a quarter having played 4 minutes (Many games back).....I was like WTF....we blew a big lead and lost as Fish and Blake were horrible.
Why would ANYONE in their sane mind declare Blake to be the starter for the forseeable future over Sessions??? Little kids watching their first game are more intelligent than that.....No Brainer except for a coach with no brain.
This guy has no freaking clue at all. As I said from the start, Mike Brown is just a guy who likes to talk and puff out his chest....but there is absolutely no substance to him. Horrible decision by Jimmy.

Swaggin916
03-27-2012, 10:01 PM
he wanted sessions to come off the bench to give the second unit an actual chance to do something. as of now its blake, barnes, mcroberts and maybe murphy maybe goudelock i mean thats a terrible second unit nobody that can really get a good shot on their own. so thays why he wanted sessions coming off the bench, but he plays well with the starters so he should start... but it was a good idea.

people blaming mike brown for making decisions with obvious reasons behind them... lol. im not saying brown is a good coach cus i dont think he is, but hes not a bad coach and not the the reason this team struggles. it stuggles because kobe is waaaay to selfish. if he was as efficient as lebron yhen u want him taking 20 shots a game but he is not effecient... he should be taking our shot clock running down shots and getting occasional isos and hen trying to set up teammates... he should not be taking triple threat 3 pointers and calling for the ball on the block everytime when other people can score more efficiently than he can. hes way to egotistical to see the obvious.

bladefd
03-27-2012, 11:10 PM
Kobe looks like is in chuck mode tonight.. Anybody surprised? This is why Mike Brown made a mistake benching him even for 2 minutes.. This is how Kobe and his ego is. Now what the hell is Mike going to do?? Bench Kobe again? :rolleyes:

I hope Mike Brown learns about Kobe from this

edit - Kobe didn't chuck in 2nd quarter so maybe I will take back some of what I initially typed above

kobesabi
03-27-2012, 11:30 PM
You are all grounded for talking $h1t about Brown Kobe...and causing him to chuck... Now go to your bench. No you cannot use your new Ferrari 458 to go on your "Wanna Get Away" excursion while you are being benched.

DKLaker
03-28-2012, 12:30 AM
Kobe looks like is in chuck mode tonight.. Anybody surprised? This is why Mike Brown made a mistake benching him even for 2 minutes.. This is how Kobe and his ego is. Now what the hell is Mike going to do?? Bench Kobe again? :rolleyes:

I hope Mike Brown learns about Kobe from this

edit - Kobe didn't chuck in 2nd quarter so maybe I will take back some of what I initially typed above

lol....Kobe missed like his last 6 shots in the 3rd in full chuck mode.......Kobe is the type of guy who will try to get even with you no matter what.......Brown best not fk with the Mamba.

DKLaker
03-28-2012, 12:41 AM
Today's benched player is Andrew Bynum........Mike Brown :facepalm The moron is costing us games....can't we just fire him already???

I think Brown is following the Detroit plan by alienating all his players.

bladefd
03-28-2012, 01:09 AM
Today's benched player is Andrew Bynum........Mike Brown :facepalm The moron is costing us games....can't we just fire him already???

Bynum got benched after that stupid 3pt shot :roll:

dd24
03-28-2012, 02:04 AM

The worst part of that is it took a couple seasons to get Kuester fired......

DKLaker
03-28-2012, 02:19 AM
The worst part of that is it took a couple seasons to get Kuester fired......

Geeeeezzz, I'm barely gonna make it through the rest of this season watching the moron at work.

Bynum got benched for shooting a 3??? His shooting % from 3 is better than Pau's :oldlol:

Who is getting benched next? Pau? Sessions? Brown is so dumb he'll try to bench Jimmy Buss :biggums:

dd24
03-28-2012, 02:26 AM
Geeeeezzz, I'm barely gonna make it through the rest of this season watching the moron at work.

Bynum got benched for shooting a 3??? His shooting % from 3 is better than Pau's :oldlol:

Who is getting benched next? Pau? Sessions? Brown is so dumb he'll try to bench Jimmy Buss :biggums:

Haha, he's benched almost everyone at some point now.... he's running out of options :cheers:

MJ(Mean John)
03-28-2012, 02:58 AM
Haha, he's benched almost everyone at some point now.... he's running out of options :cheers:

Come to think of it.. He didn't bench fish?

dd24
03-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Come to think of it.. He didn't bench fish?

He decided to blindside him with a trade instead, lol.

DKLaker
03-28-2012, 11:43 AM
Come to think of it.. He didn't bench fish?,

Yeah...damn good point. He was afraid of Fish because of his leadership, he thought if he loses his approval he'll lose the entire locker room.

DKLaker
03-28-2012, 11:58 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/18097448/lakers-coach-mike-brown-benches-andrew-bynum-after-three-point-shot

Kobe backs up Bynum and says the Lakers "Young Coaches" overreacted.
If that is not a slam on Brown then I don't know what is.

Apparently Bynum makes 3's in practice.

lakerfreak
03-29-2012, 08:56 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/18097448/lakers-coach-mike-brown-benches-andrew-bynum-after-three-point-shot

Kobe backs up Bynum and says the Lakers "Young Coaches" overreacted.
If that is not a slam on Brown then I don't know what is.

Apparently Bynum makes 3's in practice.

Phil Jackson once pulled Bynum from a game for shooting a three. He has no business shooting that shot. Mike Brown's move was a "regular coaching move".

Kobe is starting to be an ass because hes ceasing every opportunity to publicly attack Brown. His ass only has 2 good years left so I don't know why he's trying to finish off his career on a bad note.

dd24
03-29-2012, 11:16 AM
Kobe is starting to be an ass because hes ceasing every opportunity to publicly attack Brown. His ass only has 2 good years left so I don't know why he's trying to finish off his career on a bad note.

I'd say he's trying to do quite the opposite. Kobe is trying to finish out with another championship. That's hardly a bad note.

DirtySanchez
03-29-2012, 11:38 AM
I think the whole Mike Brown thing is being blown up.

I have no problem now with what he did benching Kobe and Bynum.
At least we all know he has the b@lls to stand up to Kobe.

Look....he jumped on to the biggest franchise in the NBA on a short season.
Cut the guy some freaking slack. I love my fellow Laker fans but come on now...stop acting like the sweet 16 girl who always gets what she wants. I'm spoiled as well with Championship or bust season after season but right now it will take time. The team as is still has a shot this year and next be patient yall.

DKLaker
03-29-2012, 12:36 PM
Phil Jackson once pulled Bynum from a game for shooting a three. He has no business shooting that shot. Mike Brown's move was a "regular coaching move".

There is a huge difference between Bynum now and when Phil benched him.
Bottom line is that you don't bench a starter for 1 improper shot.....that's just bad coaching. Kobe said that Bynum shoots and makes those in practice.....so what is the big deal?
Which was the bigger threat to lose that game......Bynum launching 1 3pt shot or Brown benching him for the game? That was stuff that could have been better handled during a timeout, after the game or during practice.
This guy has no people skills in dealing with players, no coaching skills and no credibility. The player don't trust the guy because they know he doesn't know what he's doing and never stands behind his word....just ask Steve Blake.....you know....the starter for the forseeable future :facepalm
As for Kobe so called mouthing off......Kobe 5 rings, Brown 0......who knows more about winning??? STFU in advance if you say Brown:oldlol: :hammerhead:

Look at how the moron has jerked around with playing time.....McRoberts should have been playing the whole time, just as I said....why did he start off playing so much, playing well before injury and then didn't see the floor much for 2 months until now, What did G-Lock do that earned him a daily DNP....he's obviously better than Blake. How do you make Ebanks your starter and now he's supposedly not good enough to ever get on the floor.......wake up people....these are not things any decent coach does. Brown is an idiot.

Whenever the Lakers season ends and they have the exit meetings do you actually think a single player will say they want to play for Mike Brown :no:
He needs to get his bags packed, he's a goner.

If guys got benched for an ill advised shot then who the hell would be on the court???

DKLaker
03-29-2012, 12:43 PM
Haha metta said this? When?

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/feb/14/sports/la-sp-lakers-fyi-20120215

Here you go MJ........Metta had it right when he said Brown is just a Video Editor Stats Guy.......Brown is not a decent coach, he needs to go back into his hole and do what he's qualified to do. The players all know this.

lakerfreak
03-29-2012, 02:27 PM
There is a huge difference between Bynum now and when Phil benched him.
Bottom line is that you don't bench a starter for 1 improper shot.....that's just bad coaching. Kobe said that Bynum shoots and makes those in practice.....so what is the big deal?
Which was the bigger threat to lose that game......Bynum launching 1 3pt shot or Brown benching him for the game? That was stuff that could have been better handled during a timeout, after the game or during practice.
This guy has no people skills in dealing with players, no coaching skills and no credibility. The player don't trust the guy because they know he doesn't know what he's doing and never stands behind his word....just ask Steve Blake.....you know....the starter for the forseeable future :facepalm
As for Kobe so called mouthing off......Kobe 5 rings, Brown 0......who knows more about winning??? STFU in advance if you say Brown:oldlol: :hammerhead:

Look at how the moron has jerked around with playing time.....McRoberts should have been playing the whole time, just as I said....why did he start off playing so much, playing well before injury and then didn't see the floor much for 2 months until now, What did G-Lock do that earned him a daily DNP....he's obviously better than Blake. How do you make Ebanks your starter and now he's supposedly not good enough to ever get on the floor.......wake up people....these are not things any decent coach does. Brown is an idiot.

Whenever the Lakers season ends and they have the exit meetings do you actually think a single player will say they want to play for Mike Brown :no:
He needs to get his bags packed, he's a goner.

If guys got benched for an ill advised shot then who the hell would be on the court???

Do you remember when JR Smith shot a half court shot in a playoff game with like 30 seconds left on the clock? Karl benched him the rest of the series.

I understand what Kobe said, Bynum makes those in practice. But in the game, when he misses them, they don't come relatively close. To me, JR smith shooting a half court shot in a game is more likely to go in than a bynum three pointer. Thats just my opinion anyways, he could be a good shooter. For the time being however, Bynum should not be shooting threes. He's huge, and his game is to give the other team a physical abuse downlow.

I will agree with you on what you're saying regarding Ebanks and all them. They have been strip teased basically with so much playing time in one game, then **** blocked with absolutely 0 playing time in many others. It is frustrating. I think at the time he was still figuring out what he can make with the toys he has. Right now it would be no excuse to see him put in new players and switch lineups. However I have not seen that from him lately.

Lastly, there seems to be a problem with Brown and Kobe. Kobe suddenly keeps making little attacks and involving himself with things that he should not be involving himself in. For example, Mike Brown questioned his shot selection, which is understandable why Kobe would respond and be irritated. You cannot question though that he does take some stupid a$$ shots. After that he started coming out saying "I drew the play for Bynum's winning shot....not Coach". Hmm, one attack there. Then he came out saying coach overreacted? Number 2, thats where I step back and say, whatever is between Bynum and coach should stay between Bynum and coach.

Kobe is running around puffing out his chest as if he's Jerry Buss' equal on this team. He hasn't learned to shut the **** up. Which is sad because he is a veteran today. He's too old to be complaining like Iverson and Starbury back when they got irritated with their coaches.

If im Kobe, rather than attacking coach, im sitting there trying to figure out why I take such horrible shot attempts, and then I ask myself "How come im not passing to Bynum more?"

lakerfreak
03-29-2012, 02:36 PM
http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/2012/03/28/120324brownprac-2049592?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Mike Brown talking about how he doesn't regret it. He mentions that "he is the coach of this team, and he will take the decisions necessary to win games".

Media members were reporting to Brown that Bynum said afterwards "If coach doesnt want me to shoot the three, im gonna keep shooting it". Then when he was benched, he was laughing and joking, and not caring at all.

Im the biggest Bynum homer, I refused to want to trade him for Dwight since the beginning of the season. I think Bynum is a retard. Here we are 31-19, and these stupid clowns that play for this team aren't giving a crap. His defiant behavior is going to make him look very unattractive as a teammate.

and sadly, Kobe is defending this clown that isn't taking games seriously? That sure says a lot about Kobe's will to win. :rolleyes:

Edit: Brown has had a reputation of being an ass kisser to his superstar. This is exactly what he needs to do to show that he is coach, and he makes the final decision.

dd24
03-29-2012, 05:38 PM
http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/2012/03/28/120324brownprac-2049592?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Mike Brown talking about how he doesn't regret it. He mentions that "he is the coach of this team, and he will take the decisions necessary to win games".

Media members were reporting to Brown that Bynum said afterwards "If coach doesnt want me to shoot the three, im gonna keep shooting it". Then when he was benched, he was laughing and joking, and not caring at all.

Im the biggest Bynum homer, I refused to want to trade him for Dwight since the beginning of the season. I think Bynum is a retard. Here we are 31-19, and these stupid clowns that play for this team aren't giving a crap. His defiant behavior is going to make him look very unattractive as a teammate.

and sadly, Kobe is defending this clown that isn't taking games seriously? That sure says a lot about Kobe's will to win. :rolleyes:

Edit: Brown has had a reputation of being an ass kisser to his superstar. This is exactly what he needs to do to show that he is coach, and he makes the final decision.

Brown needs Bynum more than Bynum needs Brown. The fact of the matter is Brown has the best young C in the game and handled a situation incorrectly. Benching your star center isn't smart basketball. If Brown didn't want Bynum shooting 3's, then don't let him do it during practice. Talk to him there and resolve things outside of a real game that counts in the standings. There's no reason to make a public spectacle of it. Don't allow your players to do something in practice and then punish them for it come game time. If he was upset with Kobe's shot selection say something to him before the game.

Kappy
03-29-2012, 06:22 PM

I AGREE 100%! Look, Brown is the coach. Period. And he needs to let the guys know that "he's in charge," NOT them. Maybe, just maybe, if the players can get that through their thick minds and egos, then they won't take idiotic shots. Bynum should have never of taken that shot. I mean, seriously, WTH was the guy thinking?!!!

DKLaker
03-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Brown needs Bynum more than Bynum needs Brown. The fact of the matter is Brown has the best young C in the game and handled a situation incorrectly. Benching your star center isn't smart basketball. If Brown didn't want Bynum shooting 3's, then don't let him do it during practice. Talk to him there and resolve things outside of a real game that counts in the standings. There's no reason to make a public spectacle of it. Don't allow your players to do something in practice and then punish them for it come game time. If he was upset with Kobe's shot selection say something to him before the game.

Exactly!!!!!!! A good coach knows how to handle the situation without causing a commotion and risking a loss. Brown is no coach or a leader of any sort.
Bynum had just hit a 3 pointer in the previous game........what's the big deal, it's not like anyone on the team is making a decent percentage from 3.

Again Lakerfreak, if you watched the previous game you would know that Bynum took a 3 at the end of the game and made it. His % from 3 is better than Pau who gets to cast 3's anytime he wants.

Kobe knows that Brown is a complete dumbass, Bynum......and the entire team knows that Brown is a joke and cannot coach......kinda clueless to blame Kobe for his comments. Brown's bullying tactics are not going to make him a good coach.

m1sterb
03-29-2012, 10:19 PM
Bynum should not be shooting any 3's at all. I don't care what he does in practice and certainly not when there was 20+ seconds on the shot clock. The guy needs to be down low forcing position demanding the ball and getting ready for a board.

DK you would honestly want Bynum shooting a 3 instead of Pau? PLEASE! Don't give me stats, your trolling if you think otherwise. If bynum wants to work on his jump shot let his a55 start working on his free throws. It would certainly benefit the TEAM more.

And that 3 was indeed bench worthy and I'm glad the coach did it. And if he continues bench his a55 again. Kobe's attitude is so rubbing off on this kid its sick. And I'm glad his a55 was benched as well. He needed it!

And DK how do you know that that's all Bynum did was shoot a 3? I honestly don't feel like looking up his statline in boards at the time he was yanked, but its not like he has been wowing us with his effort on the court. Playing time is what they value most, if they don't give proper effort and only want to play offense then let them ride the pine.

They need to work together and they have no leader. Kobe is becoming so incredibly frustrating to watch even for a fan. The dood has never been and never will be a leader. He just doesn't have that quality in him. He should of picked golf or tennis where he can show his 1 on 1. I'm becoming sick of him and his cancer to teamwork. There, I've said it.

I can't believe Pau is 7 feet tall and is so unwilling to smack his ass. Just smack him please... PLEASE! The man is in need!!!

Perhaps Kobe would respect him more, and if not then Kobe can sulk knowing he's wasted yet another year.

tamaraw08
03-29-2012, 10:40 PM

Great post Freak.:rockon:

dd24
03-29-2012, 11:31 PM
Kobe's attitude is so rubbing off on this kid its sick.

I hope it is!!!!! It's that attitude that's made Kobe one of the greatest players this game has seen. I think every fan should want Bynum to end up with that same killer instinct.

They need to work together and they have no leader. Kobe is becoming so incredibly frustrating to watch even for a fan. The dood has never been and never will be a leader. He just doesn't have that quality in him. He should of picked golf or tennis where he can show his 1 on 1. I'm becoming sick of him and his cancer to teamwork. There, I've said it.

You're insane if you don't like to watch Kobe Bryant play basketball. Saying something like that makes you sound like a spoiled fan. To have one of the best players in the league on your team and complain about him is ridiculous. Would you really rather see him traded????? The Lakers wouldn't be in contention if they did. Kobe has always been a leader. He makes players around him better. Look at all the people that have left LA that looked a heck of a lot better here than they do with their new teams..... A defense focuses so much on trying to shut down Kobe it opens things up for others naturally. Now that we have a PG that can run a bit we're starting to see more of that too. Kobe hasn't been complaining and he hasn't been falling into the media's traps of trying to make him say things he shouldn't. He deserves a real coach (as does the rest of the team). It's too bad there's hardly any Cleveland fans on this message board. You would see how much they didn't like Brown either. I'm pretty sure there's a thread somewhere that mentioned good riddance to him when he was fired from Cleveland. Remember, this isn't just a Kobe thing either. Lebron didn't want to play for him anymore as well. That's the whole reason whe was fired that season! It was an attempt by Cleveland to keep Lebron happy to try to resign him.

DKLaker
03-29-2012, 11:46 PM
I hope it is!!!!! It's that attitude that's made Kobe one of the greatest players this game has seen. I think every fan should want Bynum to end up with that same killer instinct.

You're insane if you don't like to watch Kobe Bryant play basketball. Saying something like that makes you sound like a spoiled fan. To have one of the best players in the league on your team and complain about him is ridiculous. Would you really rather see him traded????? The Lakers wouldn't be in contention if they did. Kobe has always been a leader. He makes players around him better. Look at all the people that have left LA that looked a heck of a lot better here than they do with their new teams..... A defense focuses so much on trying to shut down Kobe it opens things up for others naturally. Now that we have a PG that can run a bit we're starting to see more of that too. Kobe hasn't been complaining and he hasn't been falling into the media's traps of trying to make him say things he shouldn't. He deserves a real coach (as does the rest of the team). It's too bad there's hardly any Cleveland fans on this message board. You would see how much they didn't like Brown either. I'm pretty sure there's a thread somewhere that mentioned good riddance to him when he was fired from Cleveland. Remember, this isn't just a Kobe thing either. Lebron didn't want to play for him anymore as well. That's the whole reason whe was fired that season! It was an attempt by Cleveland to keep Lebron happy to try to resign him.

Thank You!!!!! :cheers:

Mike Brown has a history of incompetence.......that's all his history is......the Cleveland players hated him and knew he was clueless, their fans were intelligent enough to figure this out, the Lakers players know Brown is a clueless idiot. I know he's an idiot who doesn't know how to manage his players and sure the hell doesn't know how to coach.
Some guys on here have no clue and act like this guy has a background as some legendary coach :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
Brown is just a coat tail rider....living off Lebron and Kobe.
So Fking what if Bynum shot a 3....seriously, so Fking what? I personally have chewed out my PF's and C's for shooting 3's, but it's not worth benching at all.....that is something a YOUNG inexperienced coach does....just as Kobe said. Brown should be benched for not knowing any offensive plays and not being able to make any decisions which make sense.

BallsOut
03-30-2012, 01:45 AM
Don't you think the whole Bynum thing is getting blown up now? If people don't agree with you, it ain't worth posting on 2 accounts/obsessing over bro. He shot a dumb shot he shouldn't have taken, then didn't even run back on defense. Every coach would have benched him, and especially Phil in a meaningless regular season game.

I do have a few complaints about Mike Brown:

1) Kobe plays too many minutes
2) Goudelock doesn't get any minutes

For starters, I dislike the fact that he's played Kobe so many minutes this season. 38.6 minutes a game..that is way too much. That should be cut down to 33-34 tops. The fatigue has clearly shown in his game the past 10 games averaging 30 something percent from the field. I don't remember Kobe ever having such a bad shooting stretch in all of his career.

Next, I hate how Goudelock has all of a sudden been removed from the rotation. The guy was giving us 8-10 points off the bench a game at home AND the on the road. How many players in the league, let alone, a rookie can do something like that? Think of about how much that could boaster the bench production.

Dear Mike Brown,

Lessen Kobe's minutes, and give Goudelock more minutes. Addition by subtraction! You will surely be surprised at the result. That is all.

-Lakers fan

xhuegox
03-30-2012, 02:15 AM
i honesty have NO IDEA why Murphy gets any minutes. the guy needs to be cut.

dd24
03-30-2012, 02:16 AM
i honesty have NO IDEA why Murphy gets any minutes. the guy needs to be cut.

Yeah, this really bothered me tonight.

dd24
03-30-2012, 02:25 AM
Don't you think the whole Bynum thing is getting blown up now? If people don't agree with you, it ain't worth posting on 2 accounts/obsessing over bro. He shot a dumb shot he shouldn't have taken, then didn't even run back on defense. Every coach would have benched him, and especially Phil in a meaningless regular season game.

For starters, I dislike the fact that he's played Kobe so many minutes this season. 38.6 minutes a game..that is way too much. That should be cut down to 33-34 tops. The fatigue has clearly shown in his game the past 10 games averaging 30 something percent from the field. I don't remember Kobe ever having such a bad shooting stretch in all of his career.

Next, I hate how Goudelock has all of a sudden been removed from the rotation. The guy was giving us 8-10 points off the bench a game at home AND the on the road. How many players in the league, let alone, a rookie can do something like that? Think of about how much that could boaster the bench production.

Dear Mike Brown,

Lessen Kobe's minutes, and give Goudelock more minutes. Addition by subtraction! You will surely be surprised at the result. That is all.

-Lakers fan

I definitely don't have two accounts.

I do agree about Kobe's minutes. It's something I've worried about throughout the season too. It's opposite of the strategy Phil took last season and the one that Pops uses with his vets for the Spurs....

Goudelock needs more minutes absolutely. For the big men, Murphy needs to play less.

The Bynum thing is a bit blown out of proportion, but it's only because Brown benched him. Had Brown not benched him it's not even a discussion. Or if Bynum hits the shot, it's not even a discussion (unless of course he still would've been benched). The coach messed up, so it is a discussion. I think what has made it get so blown up is that it's a polarizing topic. It seems people either totally agree with the decision or are totally against it. For myself, it's not so much the 3 pointer that makes it a discussion. It's the whole season of decisions by Brown that boils my blood. Of course there were plenty tonight too, lol. I'm not even going to touch tonights game yet :banghead:

MJ(Mean John)
03-30-2012, 03:17 AM

Dear Mike Brown,

-Lakers fan

You're so ON POINT with the addition by subtraction thing.

Giving Kobe less minute will help him stay fresh and giving them to goudelock will let him start balking. Guarentee you Kobe has the same stats with less shot attempts and you'll get 10 more points out I it.

C'mon mike brown. You're better than that.

lakerfreak
03-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Exactly!!!!!!! A good coach knows how to handle the situation without causing a commotion and risking a loss. Brown is no coach or a leader of any sort.
Bynum had just hit a 3 pointer in the previous game........what's the big deal, it's not like anyone on the team is making a decent percentage from 3.

Again Lakerfreak, if you watched the previous game you would know that Bynum took a 3 at the end of the game and made it. His % from 3 is better than Pau who gets to cast 3's anytime he wants.

Kobe knows that Brown is a complete dumbass, Bynum......and the entire team knows that Brown is a joke and cannot coach......kinda clueless to blame Kobe for his comments. Brown's bullying tactics are not going to make him a good coach.

If you're talking about percentage wise sure, but what about consistency wise? I can shoot 2 three pointers my entire career, and make one. That makes me a 50% success rate from there. Am I consistent though? Not necessarily. Bynum's shooting form from 3 is not only ugly, but when he misses, he misses terribly. Pau's shot is much better, and nearly goes in alot of the time, therefore his consistency is better than Bynum, and I would rather have Pau shoot the three than Bynum, because part of what makes Pau Gasol what he is, is his ability to take his game outside of the paint.

Its not clueless blaming Kobe at all....Kobe wants to win right? So listen the f*** to coach, and stop trying to stretch out distractions even more. He will not win another championship as the main man if they fire Brown today, because thats a whole new system coming in to replace brown, PAST midseason. Kobe on the court may be a very smart player with his footwork, but he is not a smart person. When Kobe gets too old to where his stats decline, mark my words, he will still think he's the best player in the game. Sound familiar? Derek Fisher thought he was still a very good player to start for the lakers. He sucks, its sad watching him play. Kobe has that same mindset.

If the lakers keep catering to Kobe today, we will not only lose, who I believe to be an exceptional coach in Brown, but in 3 years or less, Kobe who will retire, and will have completely screwed over this lakers organization. Right now, Brown is the new guy expected to keep this system in LA for years to come, Kobe isn't. Kobe is the guy that had been there, done that, and will about to be rewarded on his way out with a thank you, a retired number, and thats it. Kobe is no longer the decision maker here. That ship has moved on. He's locked into this contract that is going to make him richer, older, and less skilled once he declines. After this contract is up, he will be too old to be "highly coveted". He has no leverage anymore. If im the lakers, I don't take Kobe's comments seriously.

DKLaker
03-31-2012, 03:02 AM
If you're talking about percentage wise sure, but what about consistency wise? I can shoot 2 three pointers my entire career, and make one. That makes me a 50% success rate from there. Am I consistent though? Not necessarily. Bynum's shooting form from 3 is not only ugly, but when he misses, he misses terribly. Pau's shot is much better, and nearly goes in alot of the time, therefore his consistency is better than Bynum, and I would rather have Pau shoot the three than Bynum, because part of what makes Pau Gasol what he is, is his ability to take his game outside of the paint.

Its not clueless blaming Kobe at all....Kobe wants to win right? So listen the f*** to coach, and stop trying to stretch out distractions even more. He will not win another championship as the main man if they fire Brown today, because thats a whole new system coming in to replace brown, PAST midseason. Kobe on the court may be a very smart player with his footwork, but he is not a smart person. When Kobe gets too old to where his stats decline, mark my words, he will still think he's the best player in the game. Sound familiar? Derek Fisher thought he was still a very good player to start for the lakers. He sucks, its sad watching him play. Kobe has that same mindset.

If the lakers keep catering to Kobe today, we will not only lose, who I believe to be an exceptional coach in Brown, but in 3 years or less, Kobe who will retire, and will have completely screwed over this lakers organization. Right now, Brown is the new guy expected to keep this system in LA for years to come, Kobe isn't. Kobe is the guy that had been there, done that, and will about to be rewarded on his way out with a thank you, a retired number, and thats it. Kobe is no longer the decision maker here. That ship has moved on. He's locked into this contract that is going to make him richer, older, and less skilled once he declines. After this contract is up, he will be too old to be "highly coveted". He has no leverage anymore. If im the lakers, I don't take Kobe's comments seriously.

Kobe 5 Brown 0.........hate on Kobe all you want, he and the entire league know that Brown can't coach......simple as that. Brown is one of the worst coaches I've ever seen, the mistakes he makes aren't even high school level blunders. I don't think you know a thing about coaching or coaching methods.
If this was a good coach who knew anything I would be the first to take his side but Brown is a complete moron who win never win a thing in his life as a head coach anywhere at any level.....even middle school :oldlol:
I spent most of the day today hearing people bash Brown on every level......kiss up about him if you want, the results are showing.
Team doesnt respect or listen to him, the offense is at a historic low. Even the easy teams cause us trouble, big leads are blown constantly.
The players know far more than you do, they know he's a moron.....but hey, keep telling yourself differently:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

dd24
03-31-2012, 05:13 AM
What confuses me the most (and this is because I'm from the Midwest) is why here on the West Coast you can't be critical of your sports teams. Why is it that everything is always cool? It's apparently irrelevant who the Lakers hire. The fans will try to get his back for at least a few years. That seems like such a crazy thing to me though..... The Lakers are a team that has always been contenders. Is it ok to not be such now???

lakerfreak
03-31-2012, 07:49 AM
Kobe 5 Brown 0.........hate on Kobe all you want, he and the entire league know that Brown can't coach......simple as that. Brown is one of the worst coaches I've ever seen, the mistakes he makes aren't even high school level blunders. I don't think you know a thing about coaching or coaching methods.
If this was a good coach who knew anything I would be the first to take his side but Brown is a complete moron who win never win a thing in his life as a head coach anywhere at any level.....even middle school :oldlol:
I spent most of the day today hearing people bash Brown on every level......kiss up about him if you want, the results are showing.
Team doesnt respect or listen to him, the offense is at a historic low. Even the easy teams cause us trouble, big leads are blown constantly.
The players know far more than you do, they know he's a moron.....but hey, keep telling yourself differently:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Oh please after the opening line of this I started shrugging. That has nothing to do with it. Most coaches in the league dont have 5 rings. Most of them don't even have one. I don't even know if Adelman has one, and you would still want adelman? Can you explain the hypocrisy of your logic, which is seemingly anti Brown at all costs for no apparent reason? High school mistakes huh? I've said it once and I've said it again, the winning record says it all.

If I don't know about coaching or methods, then I am starting to conclude that you really don't know basketball. Im sorry but every one of your posts has the word "clueless" and other such related terms to describe a coach who's got this team playing outstanding defense, and the offense is improving. Offense at a historic low is shows that this is strictly a slow paced team, with an emphasis on defense. But if you knew anything about basketball, you'd understand the slower paced = low scoring....most of the time. This is by no means a running team.

I wasn't at all speaking about the players and what they know. I've only heard from Kobe, who's just mad because Brown was man enough to call his ass out on shot selection, which by the way is still really crappy as of late. But like I said, If you knew basketball, you'd know Kobe's shot selection is garbage.

DKLaker
04-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Oh please after the opening line of this I started shrugging. That has nothing to do with it. Most coaches in the league dont have 5 rings. Most of them don't even have one. I don't even know if Adelman has one, and you would still want adelman? Can you explain the hypocrisy of your logic, which is seemingly anti Brown at all costs for no apparent reason? High school mistakes huh? I've said it once and I've said it again, the winning record says it all.

If I don't know about coaching or methods, then I am starting to conclude that you really don't know basketball. Im sorry but every one of your posts has the word "clueless" and other such related terms to describe a coach who's got this team playing outstanding defense, and the offense is improving. Offense at a historic low is shows that this is strictly a slow paced team, with an emphasis on defense. But if you knew anything about basketball, you'd understand the slower paced = low scoring....most of the time. This is by no means a running team.

I wasn't at all speaking about the players and what they know. I've only heard from Kobe, who's just mad because Brown was man enough to call his ass out on shot selection, which by the way is still really crappy as of late. But like I said, If you knew basketball, you'd know Kobe's shot selection is garbage.

LMFAO......dumbass Brown said "We're going to be a running team this year and score a lot of points" funny how nothing the moron says ever holds water......just like the recent "Steve Blake is my starter for the foreseeable future".....which lasted about 2 days....I guess glasses don't fix everything :oldlol: .

The players know the guy is an idiot, they don't respect him in the least and completely tune him out;
Bynum doesn't even participate in the huddles.....EVER......not that I agree with this behavior, just telling you to wake up and realize what is happening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwiMt5m2Zik&feature=plcp&context=C44d4782VDvjVQa1PpcFP_aqUMI5plepbAq5T_BvRc FDFxjYMNNjA%3D

MJ(Mean John)
04-03-2012, 07:04 AM
Shit just it serious.

You can't say shit like that to the media.

Bynum makes brown and himself look like a fool.

C'mon man. Tim Duncan would never question or make comments about pop Like that.
Then again, mb isn't pop.

Our guys need to stay "classy"

DKLaker
04-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Shit just it serious.

You can't say shit like that to the media.

Bynum makes brown and himself look like a fool.

C'mon man. Tim Duncan would never question or make comments about pop Like that.
Then again, mb isn't pop.

Our guys need to stay "classy"

I agree and I am shocked that Bynum would go there.....but that is just how fed up the entire team is with Brown. He has to go!!!

Coach Pop:bowdown: Great Coach!!!!..... Mike Brown :banghead: Idiot!!!!

I hope dumbass Brown learns from this and stops the unproductive benching crap....I mean does anyone actually thinks it was worth it now???
As I said, it's not something that an intelligent experienced coach would've done under the circumstances......yes there are times and reasons to bench players....but that was definitely not one of them.

lakerfreak
04-03-2012, 01:44 PM
I agree and I am shocked that Bynum would go there.....but that is just how fed up the entire team is with Brown. He has to go!!!

Coach Pop:bowdown: Great Coach!!!!..... Mike Brown :banghead: Idiot!!!!

I hope dumbass Brown learns from this and stops the unproductive benching crap....I mean does anyone actually thinks it was worth it now???
As I said, it's not something that an intelligent experienced coach would've done under the circumstances......yes there are times and reasons to bench players....but that was definitely not one of them.

On the contrary, the fact that Brown had found away to play Bynum, Murphy, and McRoberts off the bench and give them significant minutes shows hes a pretty good thinker. With Matt Barnes performing very well off the bench, there is no reason that Brown should suddenly change the rotation to EBanks again.
All the roles are divided, everyone is doing their part (except for Bynum), and they're winning.

I knew that when Ramon Sessions would come, that decisions would be made easier.

DKLaker
04-03-2012, 04:07 PM
On the contrary, the fact that Brown had found away to play Bynum, Murphy, and McRoberts off the bench and give them significant minutes shows hes a pretty good thinker. With Matt Barnes performing very well off the bench, there is no reason that Brown should suddenly change the rotation to EBanks again.
All the roles are divided, everyone is doing their part (except for Bynum), and they're winning.

I knew that when Ramon Sessions would come, that decisions would be made easier.

Man.......with my oversized puffed up boxing gloves I'm going to jab those rose colored glasses right off your nose :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
Your logic is like ??????? WTF??????????:facepalm :wtf: :facepalm
Next you be saying that Mike Brown is a great coach because he lets Kobe park in his spot :oldlol:

lakerfreak
04-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Man.......with my oversized puffed up boxing gloves I'm going to jab those rose colored glasses right off your nose :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
Your logic is like ??????? WTF??????????:facepalm :wtf: :facepalm
Next you be saying that Mike Brown is a great coach because he lets Kobe park in his spot :oldlol:

Well he would be a nice guy definitely. :D

What I am trying to do here is respond to your comments about brown's rotations. You're saying he doesn't do a good job, but now that Barnes is performing well, and now that we have ramon sessions, its easier to play both murphy and mcroberts, because their different styles make the lakers more dangerous. One hustles, grabs boards, passes amazingly for a big (mcrob) and the other spreads the floor and hits his shots consistently. Now Brown can utilize them both and split their minutes in a way where both are happy.

I don't even wanna hear about Barnes, because to start the season, he was not as good as he is now. Now that he is much better, I like him playing around 20 a game. him and artest are a decent rotation. EBanks is just a logjam, im sorry. He's got potential, but he doesn't play aggressive.

Edit: how do YOU know I have rose colored glasses? haha :p

DKLaker
04-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Well he would be a nice guy definitely. :D

What I am trying to do here is respond to your comments about brown's rotations. You're saying he doesn't do a good job, but now that Barnes is performing well, and now that we have ramon sessions, its easier to play both murphy and mcroberts, because their different styles make the lakers more dangerous. One hustles, grabs boards, passes amazingly for a big (mcrob) and the other spreads the floor and hits his shots consistently. Now Brown can utilize them both and split their minutes in a way where both are happy.

I don't even wanna hear about Barnes, because to start the season, he was not as good as he is now. Now that he is much better, I like him playing around 20 a game. him and artest are a decent rotation. EBanks is just a logjam, im sorry. He's got potential, but he doesn't play aggressive.

Edit: how do YOU know I have rose colored glasses? haha :p

What an intelligent coach would do is to give Ebanks minutes, if you actually think that in this condensed season where you often play 4 games in 5 nights that 2 older guys can effectively handle the load than you are nuts, I will also add that Ebanks contract is up at the end of the season, we have to make a decision, we need to see what he really an do or risk making the wrong move one way or the other, Barnes contract is up at the end of the season too and don't expect him to play for peanuts again, it's most likely that he will leave for a higher offer.....and better coach. That leaves us with only Metta under contract........a possible Amnesty player. All in all it would be wisest to give Ebanks at least 5 minutes per game.....it wouldn't hurt us the least bit.

Brown's rotations???? The moron should've been playing Murphy and McRoberts the whole season while resting Pau much more, I give him no credit for being so horribly slow to do the blatantly obvious.
Rotations.......is there ANYONE who thinks Goudelock should be riding pine as if he's Luke Walton :no: :no: :no: Just more stupidity from Mike Brown :banghead: Your bench is going to suck if your best bench player doesn't play...period!!!!!!!!

DKLaker
04-03-2012, 09:51 PM
[QUOTE]
Jordan-esque
Decent playground baller

[Reports]: Is Mike Brown NOT Respected by Players?
This 2012 season alone, Mike Brown has had issues with at least 10 of his current players (chronology).

Pau Gasol (01-24-12)

Quote:
Pau Gasol critiques Mike Brown offense

"We have to make sure we use our interior game as other teams do," said Gasol before practice Tuesday. "Like I mentioned last game, Orlando goes to the interior game. Indiana used their post game with Hibbert and West. I don't think they're as much talented as we are. Why don't we? I think that's always a very effective way to play this game."

Lakers coach Mike Brown downplayed the issue, pointing to Gasol's stat line of 10 assists and zero turnovers against Indiana as proof positive that the four-time All-Star still has a vital role in the offense.

"Pau's getting touches down there," Brown said. "Sometimes he may get more; sometimes he may get less depending on the flow of the game. But he can operate down there [and] he can operate from 15 feet. He does a great job facilitating, just as well as he does scoring."

Josh McRoberts (02-04-12)

Quote:
Josh McRoberts latest target of decreased playing time by Mike Brown

"This is my fifth year now and this isn't the first time this has happened where you're playing big minutes and all of a sudden you're not playing," said McRoberts. "I mean, everybody wants to be out on the court for 48 minutes, but it's not discouraging for me. I'm going to keep working hard and continue to get better."

Metta World Peace (02-14-12)

Quote:
Metta World Peace and Mike Brown appear at odds

"His background is video coordinator or whatever. So he's all stats," said World Peace. "But Ron Artest is all feel. doesn't understand that. Having me in the game at the end, he was worried about me shooting bad from the free-throw line. And I was like, 'I could care less because I'm gonna get a stop [defensively] at the end of the game.'"

[B]Derek Fisher (03-10-12)

Quote:
Derek Fisher speaks as players told by Coaching Staff to curtail external chatter

In place of practice, Lakers coach Mike Brown scheduled a film review at the team hotel and invited players and his coaching staff to speak their minds.

When no player volunteered to speak up, Brown said he requested that "my three leaders" share their thoughts; first Pau Gasol, then Derek Fisher and finally Kobe Bryant.

Fisher, who has a reputation of knowing when to say the right thing at the right time, engaged in the conversation out of respect to the coaching staff who had spoken up.

"When you're trying to continue to have a culture of excellence and championship success, the commitment and the time that that takes, you become like a family and there are going to be times when the family is just not clicking or it's not getting along," said Fisher. "We've all been there. There are just some cousins at Christmas dinner that we all wish weren't there, but you know, they're part of the family and you got to welcome them and do your thing and you'll see them next Christmas. But, in this business, you got to see them everyday regardless. So, sometimes it's not flowing the way you'd like it to, but we've been pretty good at figuring how to work through those things and we'll continue to do it that way."

Devin Ebanks (03-20-12)

Quote:
Devin Ebanks

dd24
04-03-2012, 10:01 PM
I dislike the moves Brown makes about as much as anybody. I really don't worry about Ebanks though. I wasn't ever really sold on the kid. Just because he looks like Ariza doesn't mean he can ball like him. I'm not really upset with the Artest situation either. He was brought in to play D on a guy like Pierce or Lebron in the finals. He helped LA win a championship. Short term getting Artest was good, but I think everyone knew in the long run there would need to be another option. I hope LA doesn't resign Ebanks at the end of the season. I'd rather see what money LA has go toward a legit starting SF. Hopefully the Lakers can make another run at getting Beasley. Minnesota still needs to move him so that option is still there. Anyway around it, Ebanks isn't the answer. I never really thought he was part of the Lakers future.

DKLaker
04-03-2012, 10:19 PM
I dislike the moves Brown makes about as much as anybody. I really don't worry about Ebanks though. I wasn't ever really sold on the kid. Just because he looks like Ariza doesn't mean he can ball like him. I'm not really upset with the Artest situation either. He was brought in to play D on a guy like Pierce or Lebron in the finals. He helped LA win a championship. Short term getting Artest was good, but I think everyone knew in the long run there would need to be another option. I hope LA doesn't resign Ebanks at the end of the season. I'd rather see what money LA has go toward a legit starting SF. Hopefully the Lakers can make another run at getting Beasley. Minnesota still needs to move him so that option is still there. Anyway around it, Ebanks isn't the answer. I never really thought he was part of the Lakers future.

Ok, what if Ebanks blows up with another team and we could've had him for only a million dollars.....that's money that has no effect on getting Beasley.
Bottom line is that Ebanks has a tremendous upside but hasn't been given a chance......Phil hated rookies and Brown is just dumb......remember, Ariza was not highly regarded at all.....too many guys are starting to be passed over by teams without being given a chance......you gotta really test these guys out, they are very cheap, salary cap helpers......why pay 7 million when you have equal overall talent for a million? Find out what you have!!!
Goudelock also wants out if he's not going to play.

dd24
04-03-2012, 11:15 PM
Ok, what if Ebanks blows up with another team and we could've had him for only a million dollars.....that's money that has no effect on getting Beasley.
Bottom line is that Ebanks has a tremendous upside but hasn't been given a chance......Phil hated rookies and Brown is just dumb......remember, Ariza was not highly regarded at all.....too many guys are starting to be passed over by teams without being given a chance......you gotta really test these guys out, they are very cheap, salary cap helpers......why pay 7 million when you have equal overall talent for a million? Find out what you have!!!
Goudelock also wants out if he's not going to play.

I just never see that guy being anything better than mediocre at times. Goudelock already has proven himself IMO (even with the limited time he's had). He was pretty consistent and showed us he can score the ball. While I don't think he deserves a crazy amount of PT he should be part of the rotation. Brown is messing up with him. Trust me, I get what you're saying. I'm one of the people that thinks some of the young guys around the league in general need a bit more of a chance. I just don't see Ebanks as being one of those guys who's really going to help a team.

lakerfreak
04-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Goudelock was playing a lot to make up for the aging of our once starting point guard, who severely underachieved this season.

Goudelock was coming in to hit shots and bring a spark. Truth is, 8 man rotations are in every team. We already have the more experienced steve blake playing over goudelock. Then we have barnes for the 3, and then a split between murphy and mcroberts. Tell me now, with Sessions and Blake, both very capable of playing 30 minutes each, where does Goudelock fit?

DKLaker
04-04-2012, 01:13 AM
Goudelock was playing a lot to make up for the aging of our once starting point guard, who severely underachieved this season.

Goudelock was coming in to hit shots and bring a spark. Truth is, 8 man rotations are in every team. We already have the more experienced steve blake playing over goudelock. Then we have barnes for the 3, and then a split between murphy and mcroberts. Tell me now, with Sessions and Blake, both very capable of playing 30 minutes each, where does Goudelock fit?

Blake is garbage. We get no scoring off the bench.....Goudelock is a definite scorer....that helps solve the problem. Any good coach would realize this.
Brown doesn't and it's part of the reason we constantly blow huge leads.

dd24
04-04-2012, 01:43 AM

I view Goudelock as more of a 2 guard. I think he should be coming in for the few minutes that Kobe comes out. Outside of that, he should be taking some of Blake's minutes. He hasn't played well enough to be a lock to get those minutes. I can also see where the Lakers could play small ball situationally and he could come in some there. Honestly, Murphy is getting way too much PT. He's really not an ideal 4 to be stretching the floor for an offense. I get what's trying to be done with him. I just don't see it as being his specialty.

During the season, teams usually have more than an 8 man rotation. It's when the playoffs start that teams scale back their rotations to 8 guys. Especially in a condensed season like this, the Lakers should be using a few more guys for at least a few minutes. It's not a good idea to burn out the starters. If it was the playoffs I have no problem with the top 8 guys getting all the minutes.

DKLaker
04-04-2012, 01:53 AM
I view Goudelock as more of a 2 guard. I think he should be coming in for the few minutes that Kobe comes out. Outside of that, he should be taking some of Blake's minutes. He hasn't played well enough to be a lock to get those minutes. I can also see where the Lakers could play small ball situationally and he could come in some there. Honestly, Murphy is getting way too much PT. He's really not an ideal 4 to be stretching the floor for an offense. I get what's trying to be done with him. I just don't see it as being his specialty.

During the season, teams usually have more than an 8 man rotation. It's when the playoffs start that teams scale back their rotations to 8 guys. Especially in a condensed season like this, the Lakers should be using a few more guys for at least a few minutes. It's not a good idea to burn out the starters. If it was the playoffs I have no problem with the top 8 guys getting all the minutes.

This is common sense stuff :applause: :cheers: :applause:
I agree 100%

lakerfreak
04-04-2012, 11:09 AM

What you're saying is reasonable. The problem is, those few minutes every game that Kobe sits, usually go to blake, barnes, and even playing time for McRoberts and Murphy. I say this because Murphy used to be the only big to come off the bench to sub for either Bynum or Pau. He was kind of like the Lamar Odom sub we had (obviously not nearly as good). But you get my point.

Now when Pau Gasol sits, there are times when Bynum sits as well with him, so we use both bench bigs, the two point guards, barnes /and or kobe.

If those few minutes are given to Goudelock, everyone on the bench comes off to play much fewer minutes. You'd have 5 guys off the bench hating their minutes, and a DKlaker complaining about that too lol.

During the season, I would say teams still have 8-9 man rotations. We already use 9 guys.

DKLaker
04-04-2012, 11:42 AM
What you're saying is reasonable. The problem is, those few minutes every game that Kobe sits, usually go to blake, barnes, and even playing time for McRoberts and Murphy. I say this because Murphy used to be the only big to come off the bench to sub for either Bynum or Pau. He was kind of like the Lamar Odom sub we had (obviously not nearly as good). But you get my point.

Now when Pau Gasol sits, there are times when Bynum sits as well with him, so we use both bench bigs, the two point guards, barnes /and or kobe.

If those few minutes are given to Goudelock, everyone on the bench comes off to play much fewer minutes. You'd have 5 guys off the bench hating their minutes, and a DKlaker complaining about that too lol.

During the season, I would say teams still have 8-9 man rotations. We already use 9 guys.

Again......you don't seem to understand how condensed the schedule is and what that does to your body :facepalm We have to have these guys in top shape for the playoffs. You are also missing the fact that Kobe is playing so many minutes because the bench cannot score....well, the best scorer on the bench is not getting to play.....let him play and you can rest Kobe more.....common sense. Do you see what Coach Pop is doing??? See how many guys are getting playing time???
Don't you realize that he is by far the best coach in the NBA now????

Oh.....and Blake? He's a bust who hasn't earned the minutes he's getting.
Goudelock has outplayed him.

dd24
04-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Yeah, I'm mainly saying rest the starters a bit more and take a bit of Murphy's time.

B
04-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Yeah, I'm mainly saying rest the starters a bit more and take a bit of Murphy's time. With 15 games to go it's time to tighten the rotations for the playoff run. The time for playing guys who will be sitting on the bench in the playoffs is over, they had their time to prove their value. Time to get the guys who'll be playing the bulk minutes ready for the next stage of the season.

dd24
04-04-2012, 01:01 PM
[QUOTE=B

DKLaker
04-04-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm saying this should have happened all season long though. Just one of the many disappointments of Mike Brown this season. I already said for the playoffs teams have 8 man rotations and I have no problem with the top 8 playing the most. The problem is we don't know if the top 8 would have been slightly different had a few other people got some PT earlier on. You have to admit, Brown's rotations have been terrible this year. It's not like Cleveland fans didn't have this problem either.

2 things.....right now we have no answer for Westbrook if we face OKC, unless we think Kobe can switch to him effectively like he did before. I think Ebanks could be effective in doing the job for at least a few minutes.....probably better than anyone other than Kobe......sort of like how Phil used Lue on Iverson.

Goudelock flat out needs to play, if he doesn't I don't like our chances with the total lack of bench scoring.

Mike Brown very clearly has screwed up all season......thankfully McRoberts is now getting playing time......but why the Fk did it ever stop???? More of Brown's cluelessness.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
04-04-2012, 01:40 PM
[QUOTE=B

dd24
04-04-2012, 01:42 PM
2 things.....right now we have no answer for Westbrook if we face OKC, unless we think Kobe can switch to him effectively like he did before. I think Ebanks could be effective in doing the job for at least a few minutes.....probably better than anyone other than Kobe......sort of like how Phil used Lue on Iverson.

Goudelock flat out needs to play, if he doesn't I don't like our chances with the total lack of bench scoring.

Mike Brown very clearly has screwed up all season......thankfully McRoberts is now getting playing time......but why the Fk did it ever stop???? More of Brown's cluelessness.

No team in the NBA really has an answer for Westbrook though. He's just a beast. I think teams take the wrong approach to beating OKC and if the Lakers had a coach to plan out the strategy correctly they would be a huge match up problem for the Thunder. A guy like Artest can give Durant a lot of problems in the post season. The thing with Durant is you have to be physical with him and make him take as many jumpers as possible and not get easy buckets. Of course he's not going to be shut down either. As long as Westbrook and Durant are working for their buckets and tired on D I don't care if they both score 30. That team only has one other scorer in Harden. Shut him down. Kobe could lock him. OKC doesn't have a big man that can score with their back to the basket. The Lakers have a huge advantage with points in the paint. I think OKC is a team that could be held to less than 90 ppg. If you're holding a team to less than 90 you should have a chance to win every game.

B
04-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Brown's rotations have been terrible this year. His rotations have been exactly what you should have anticipated from the start of the season. If you expected a seamless transition your were mistaken. Consider an all new Lakers team, from the front office to the ball boys this is a new team being built for a new page in NBA history. A hand full of new players, a new system with zero training camp to institute it. No practice time with games stacked on top of each other.

Players like MWP coming into the season out of shape, Barnes still limping from his injury last season and egghead being suspended for the first 5 games.
Mid season trades further hindering things as the starting PG spot is shaken up. Let's not forget Odom had his feelings hurt to start it all off ending with one of the teams true assets being shipped off to Dallas and the repercussions from that on the team. The team you see today has 6 players left over from last season, one of which missed half the year and only 4 that have played together for more than one season.

Oh yeah Bynum lets go back to the triangle offense that's a brilliant idea you had there. :facepalm

Of course rotations are odd there's no way they could be anything but odd considering the circumstances. There's not one normal thing about this Laker season.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
04-04-2012, 01:52 PM

being condensed, this was the season to use both of those guys. They were just thrown out of rotations for no reason.

poor Ebanks went from starting to getting ZERO mins all season long. Look at chandler parsons/Kawahi Leonard....their coach stuck with them to give confidence and look where are today...

Goudelock was producing when given mins...what brown wants from him? Give him scoring punch like Terry/Harden? Even a 8yr old would think better than that

I hope the Front office gets whats going on and jump this guy in off season.

B
04-04-2012, 02:00 PM
Ebanks only started because Bynum was suspended, Barnes was out of shape from his knee surgery last year and Artest was fat. He's not an NBA caliber player yet for a team like the Lakers, he has a long way to go and this season offers no time to get there. He'd get time on the Nets not the Lakers. Goudelock is too streaky for a team looking for consistency

dd24
04-04-2012, 02:13 PM
[QUOTE=B

DKLaker
04-04-2012, 02:34 PM
[QUOTE=B

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
04-04-2012, 03:19 PM
[QUOTE=B

B
04-04-2012, 05:13 PM
I lold when I read this reply... Shanks has the potential to be a good defender but also hit the open J... Why do u think people can just completely ignore MWP...

You give confidence to young guys to play through their struggles not Bench them and ruin their confidence...Then you can keep laughing until next season and the season after that. Ebanks has done nothing but regressed since his days as a McDonalds High School All American. He's not an NBA player by any stretch of the imagination. He has a very long ways to go

DKLaker
04-04-2012, 05:40 PM
[QUOTE=B

DKLaker
04-05-2012, 02:53 AM
[QUOTE]=B

lakerfreak
04-05-2012, 02:07 PM
:kobe: So you're actually saying that Steve Blake is providing steady scoring off the bench?
Shooting a better percentage from anywhere over Goudelock?
Handling the ball nicely? Putting up big assists? Stopping anyone on defense?
Steady under pressure? Not a bust? Worth keeping at 4 million a year over Goudelock who is making less than a million?????

I just want to understand what your point is :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Tonight against the Clippers the bench was so useless to start the 4th quarter it wasn't even funny, it almost cost us the game by not having a single scorer on the floor.....we have only 1 guy who can fill that role....Goudelock!!!!!

It's too bad Murphy is not the player he was 6 years ago.

I agree that in a game like last nights, Since the bench shot terribly, it might not be so bad to mix in Goudelock.

Let me ask you though, if Brown read your post, and put goudelock in, and Steve Blake starts complaining about minutes, do you pin it against Brown once again? Or do you support the fact that he puts goudelock in?

Secondly, How about that offense last night DK? :D

MJ(Mean John)
04-05-2012, 02:10 PM
I know 1 thing..

Kobe is KILLIN IT.

Shot 13-19 last night?

Lol.
That's greeaaaaaat

DKLaker
04-05-2012, 02:18 PM
I agree that in a game like last nights, Since the bench shot terribly, it might not be so bad to mix in Goudelock.

Let me ask you though, if Brown read your post, and put goudelock in, and Steve Blake starts complaining about minutes, do you pin it against Brown once again? Or do you support the fact that he puts goudelock in?

Secondly, How about that offense last night DK? :D

DUH.......Of course I would support Goudelock playing, I've been asking for this and it's so obvious that Goudelock needs to play....a total no-brainer....you have to play your best bench shooter!!!

I also commented when McRoberts was riding pine that he needed to play because of his offensive rebounding.....now he is playing and doing very well.....but what takes Brown so very long to do the obvious????

I know that Brown was intimidated by DFish, Metta, Barnes and Kobe......Blake's complaining is not going to intimidate him.....who the fk is Blake :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

As for the offense, do you mean the points we scored or the offense we were running, those are 2 different things.....something most people don't understand.

I am happy with the amount of points we scored. Bynum is showing the work that Darvin Ham has continued to do with him.....very very impressive work.
The offense itself is non existent and nobody should be the least bit happy about it, luckily we were going against the equally dumb VDN who doesn't know that Bynum would rather force up some garbage shot if double or triple teamed rather than pass the ball......LMAO that he had no timeouts left with a minute to go.

A coaching note; Kobe almost got Pau killed on that last Blake dunk, if you watch the play, Kobe should've read the motion of the play and cut off the passing lane to easily steal the ball. Kobe got caught looking and moving at a moderate pace. I would be going over that on film with him. My teams kill teams that try to do that to us, we steal the ball all day. LOL....it was a sweet dunk, even Bynum was laughing.

Da Kobester
04-05-2012, 09:02 PM
This ain't no time to cut back and watch them dollars afterall we did get rid of some of our dead weights like Fluke & Oh No Kapono,besides goudlock & ebanks will get their chances but not during a shortened season thriving for the championship.
The playoffs its all bout the experience factor and the knowledge on how to run the team's half court execution to perfection!

lakerfreak
04-06-2012, 03:56 AM
A coaching note; Kobe almost got Pau killed on that last Blake dunk, if you watch the play, Kobe should've read the motion of the play and cut off the passing lane to easily steal the ball. Kobe got caught looking and moving at a moderate pace. I would be going over that on film with him. My teams kill teams that try to do that to us, we steal the ball all day. LOL....it was a sweet dunk, even Bynum was laughing.

I didnt focus on that part, what I focused on that really irritated was the fact that every time Griffin sent one of our players to the ground, he'd pose, stare them down, and he didn't get so much as a slap on the wrist.

A few plays later, if you remember Blake's foul on Bynum, it was hard enough to send him to the floor, and he posed again with that stare down. Someone needs to send him landing on his head. I'd imagine he couldn't be any more of a retard than he already is anyways.

dd24
04-06-2012, 05:00 AM
I didnt focus on that part, what I focused on that really irritated was the fact that every time Griffin sent one of our players to the ground, he'd pose, stare them down, and he didn't get so much as a slap on the wrist.

I'm glad that you brought this up. Blake's dunks weren't even real dunks!!!! he used his elbow on Pau's head to elevate. That last one on Sportscenter was an offensive foul. What's crazy to me is the play was done in slow mo on national tv and nobody is talking about this. Griffin got a few lucky lobs because Stern was kind enough to give him a PG that could do so...... And I don't mean this as a bash to Griffin. I really like the kid. Just don't dunk over someone when you're smashing them in the face and expect they have a chance at blocking the shot, and then talk trash.

DKLaker
04-06-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm glad that you brought this up. Blake's dunks weren't even real dunks!!!! he used his elbow on Pau's head to elevate. That last one on Sportscenter was an offensive foul. What's crazy to me is the play was done in slow mo on national tv and nobody is talking about this. Griffin got a few lucky lobs because Stern was kind enough to give him a PG that could do so...... And I don't mean this as a bash to Griffin. I really like the kid. Just don't dunk over someone when you're smashing them in the face and expect they have a chance at blocking the shot, and then talk trash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh2ZT1aPBoE

I have to disagree with you guys on this.....sorry.
1. Pau is inside the restricted area and if you watch very closely you will see that Pau's arm makes contact with Blake slightly before Blake's elbow hits him in the head....it is hard to see from most angles in real speed.

2. Even if Blake doesn't extend the elbow and Pau blocks it clean he was going to foul him with his body. Pau took the wrong angle to block clean.

3. Blake doesn't need a boost to dunk, he got the height without Pau :oldlol:

As for my comment about Kobe's poor defense on that play, watch it for yourself. Kobe has to know that Blake is all about the backdoor lobs and back cuts. Instead of Kobe speeding up to stay in line between the ball and Blake, he lags, slowly trailing him and giving up the angle to make the pass easy.
If Kobe does his job there then the play never happens. You always have to be mindful of your opponent and what they want to do. Kobe got caught sleeping......it wasn't a slow rotation by Pau that caused this.
Do you guys see this?

MJ(Mean John)
04-08-2012, 04:47 AM
Okay. Here's the problem.

You know what metta can do.
You know what Barnes can do.
And you know what Ebanks can do

But we don't know what Ebanks can do with consisten minutes.

Metta brings some crazy d(5 times a year)

But enough is enough. We need some CONSISTENT ROTATIONS MIKE BROWN.

pg. sessions/ blake(he needs to be traded)
Sg. Kobe/ goudeluck (Kobe's minutes NEEDS to be reduced. Needs to play 32 minutes.)
Sf. Ebanks/Barnes
PF. Pau/ mcbob
C. Drew

And that's it. That's our 9 man. If goudeluck can run the point, then he can take away Blake's minutes. This is our best squad but metta as of late has me scared to get rid of.
We need consistently. It's play off time. Only guys that should see the floor

DKLaker
04-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Okay. Here's the problem.

You know what metta can do.
You know what Barnes can do.
And you know what Ebanks can do

But we don't know what Ebanks can do with consisten minutes.

Metta brings some crazy d(5 times a year)

But enough is enough. We need some CONSISTENT ROTATIONS MIKE BROWN.

pg. sessions/ blake(he needs to be traded)
Sg. Kobe/ goudeluck (Kobe's minutes NEEDS to be reduced. Needs to play 32 minutes.)
Sf. Ebanks/Barnes
PF. Pau/ mcbob
C. Drew

And that's it. That's our 9 man. If goudeluck can run the point, then he can take away Blake's minutes. This is our best squad but metta as of late has me scared to get rid of.
We need consistently. It's play off time. Only guys that should see the floor

:cheers: :rockon: Hmmm......is Lakerfreak awake yet....or still stuck in the MATRIX.......lol. (Take the Red pill LF Bro :oldlol: )

DKLaker
04-10-2012, 01:02 AM
LMAO at the last play of the game, Stu Lantz and Bill McDonald are going off about how stupid a play the Lakers ran.......throwing a long inbound pass to the other end of the court......the defensive end...lol, I wonder if Mike Brown even knew that it was the defensive end :banghead: :banghead: Boneheaded for sure even though they got away with it this time.

Earlier today Brown was asked why Goudelock isn't getting playing time even though the bench can't score and he's our best 3pt shooter. Brown said that his sons keep asking the same question and that he's been hearing it a lot......at least his kids are intelligent.....must be the mom or Mater Dei education :oldlol:
Brown came up with one of the dumbest reason I've ever heard from him,
he says that he's afraid of the matchups because when he has Sessions and Blake in the game at the same time, Blake gets abused in the low post.....Huh???
WTF does that have to do with Goudelock??? If Blake cannot handle it shouldn't he see if Goudelock can do better? Glock....can definitely do better on offense. Brown speaks very well but he doesn't say anything intelligent.

dd24
04-10-2012, 02:03 AM
Brown came up with one of the dumbest reason I've ever heard from him,
he says that he's afraid of the matchups because when he has Sessions and Blake in the game at the same time, Blake gets abused in the low post.....Huh???
WTF does that have to do with Goudelock??? If Blake cannot handle it shouldn't he see if Goudelock can do better? Glock....can definitely do better on offense. Brown speaks very well but he doesn't say anything intelligent.

I didn't get to see the game tonight (had one of my own to play in). If that's the only excuse he can come up with that's pathetic. He's not playing him because the guy in front of him isn't doing something well???? Hmmm, that just doesn't add up, lol. :hammerhead:

lakerfreak
04-10-2012, 01:47 PM
You guys can't be serious. Come on.

Nobody knew why Phil kept using Luke Walton, but it happened until finally luke himself told coach itd be better for the team if he didnt start.

Blake is a passing point guard. Goudelock is a shooting guard in a point guard's body, and honestly he doesn't make anyone better. He just hits his outside shots. Which is good, but he doesn't increase the flow of an offense. He's like another shannon brown. He shoots, he scores. Thats his personality.

We don't need this to be about blake or goudelock or barnes or ebanks....if you ask me, we just need better players. Our bench is a joke, whether you have goudelock in or not.

Goudelock is not the difference between a contender and WCF team. He's a rookie, that has shown flashes of goodness.

Why do we all just go to a dumpster and pick which piece of trash is more pleasing to us, when you have the supermarket right next to it to choose from? Oh! I know why! we don't have money!!! Maybe we can wait until next off-season to see what free agents are available and at what price. Until then, Blake + Goudelock don't mean anything. They're both whatever.

Edit: Also, Blake has been in the league much longer, and has faced much pressure compared to the rookie. Any coach in their right mind would go with that over the late second round draft pick.

DKLaker
04-10-2012, 10:02 PM

Nobody knew why Phil kept using Luke Walton, but it happened until finally luke himself told coach itd be better for the team if he didnt start.

Blake is a passing point guard. Goudelock is a shooting guard in a point guard's body, and honestly he doesn't make anyone better. He just hits his outside shots. Which is good, but he doesn't increase the flow of an offense. He's like another shannon brown. He shoots, he scores. Thats his personality.

We don't need this to be about blake or goudelock or barnes or ebanks....if you ask me, we just need better players. Our bench is a joke, whether you have goudelock in or not.

Goudelock is not the difference between a contender and WCF team. He's a rookie, that has shown flashes of goodness.

Why do we all just go to a dumpster and pick which piece of trash is more pleasing to us, when you have the supermarket right next to it to choose from? Oh! I know why! we don't have money!!! Maybe we can wait until next off-season to see what free agents are available and at what price. Until then, Blake + Goudelock don't mean anything. They're both whatever.

Edit: Also, Blake has been in the league much longer, and has faced much pressure compared to the rookie. Any coach in their right mind would go with that over the late second round draft pick.

Do you actually watch any of the games??????
Blake cannot handle pressure situations at all, I said last year that he is the typical "Plays great on a bad team" player......once the bright lights in the big city hit him he immediately folded. /if he went to a bad team in a smell city you would see his play improve. Dude was pissin in his pants in the playoffs.....or as the announcer said about him.....Deer in the headlights.

On Max and Marcellus today they called him a DLeague guy who didn't belong in the NBA. That's far more harsh than I see it.....but bottom line is he cannot get it done in LA.
You are beginning to sound like Mike Brown :banghead: The bench can't score and you are not thinking about putting a scorer in, you are worried about offensive flow????? That is flat out ridiculous X 1,000.
Goudelock makes things happen, outside and inside with that great floater he has. Blake is our dfish now....gives us nothing.
The best coach in the NBA is known to give playing time to rookies and develop them.
To say that a crap player is automatically better than a rookie is flat out lame....not worth a conversation.

Walton????? Wow......I almost said something really bad........do you not understand that Phil Jackson said he considers Luke "His Son"?????
Yeah Phil said that....so he was playing his son, it's not like he thought Luke was any good. A ton of lameos on her actually thought Luke was an NBA level player :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Just stupid:banghead:
so any comparison in any way makes no sense at all.
Your evaluation of talent is severely lacking.....SEVERELY :oldlol:

An argument has to make some form of sense.....yours didn't rise to that level....sorry bro :oldlol:

MJ(Mean John)
04-10-2012, 11:23 PM

I want consistent minutes. And I know That goudelock isnt making anyone better, but at this point, steve blake doesnt. So I'd rather have someone out there who is a threat. Who can score.

Now in clutch situations, Obviouslywe have Ramon

BallsOut
04-10-2012, 11:33 PM

The only complaint I have about Mike Brown, and I don't have many, is this one. He continues to play Blake while not giving Goudelock any minutes, not even a chance to play. The veteran/rookie logic doesn't work here. You're assuming the veteran actually plays like a veteran. Blake has been turning the ball over as a backup at an alarming rate and his individual defense leaves much to be desired.

Continuing to play Blake over Goudelock is like continuing to play Walton over Ariza. And you already know how huge Ariza's 3 were for the Lakers in 2008-2009 (thank god Luke spoke up for Trevor for the good of the team). So yes, the difference DOES mean something. It could be the difference between winning and losing in close games in the playoffs. It's not like Goudelock hasn't proved himself. In fact, he's provided double digit scoring games off the bench in just about every game he's gotten at least 15 minutes, at home and on the road. How many other rookies, let alone veteran players can do that?

DKLaker
04-10-2012, 11:46 PM
The only complaint I have about Mike Brown, and I don't have many, is this one. He continues to play Blake while not giving Goudelock any minutes, not even a chance to play. The veteran/rookie logic doesn't work here. You're assuming the veteran actually plays like a veteran. Blake has been turning the ball over as a backup at an alarming rate and his individual defense leaves much to be desired.

Continuing to play Blake over Goudelock is like continuing to play Walton over Ariza. And you already know how huge Ariza's 3 were for the Lakers in 2008-2009 (thank god Luke spoke up for Trevor for the good of the team). So yes, the difference DOES mean something. It could be the difference between winning and losing in close games in the playoffs. It's not like Goudelock hasn't proved himself. In fact, he's provided double digit scoring games off the bench in just about every game he's gotten at least 15 minutes, at home and on the road. How many other rookies, let alone veteran players can do that?

:cheers: Kinda silly for anyone to argue against the obvious :cheers:
Great post :applause:

bladefd
04-11-2012, 12:22 AM
Honestly, I am sick of this season. It doesn't feel like a typical Lakers season.. I truly hope the playoffs are better than this.. I don't like the vibe in Laker land ONE BIT, maybe it's just college stress but I am very much disappointed so far nba-wise.. :confusedshrug:

Seems like it's 06 all over again with chemistry problems up and down the roster, players complaining and crying, coaches non-complacent at times letting stupid stuff go on (i know we had Phil in 06 but that Kobe trade situation was way too far), friction with ownership, team underperforming, too much Kobe-ball, fans angry for Lakers making moves with few short-term impacts, garbage bench, streakiness, low confidence and frustration in the body-language of players, etc etc.. just all-around disappointment season.. lets hope this season doesn't end the same way as 06 or even last.

tamaraw08
04-11-2012, 01:12 AM
I have my own complaints about Mike Brown's strategies especifically about not coming up with great setplays for the bench to run etc etc by my goodness, Every freaking play that leads to turnovers and defensive lapses are because of him? Are you kidding me?:mad:
Somebody said some stars on this team have this cocky "I have 2 rings, you don't, so im not listening to you" attitude.
Again, Im not saying Brown is doing great but I don't think he is doing a horrible job.
This team is 14 games above .500, Their leader and best player has his career worst shooting % at 42% and yet the team is 7th best in team FG%.
9th best in assists/game with the majority of the season, not having the top15 PGs in the league.
7th best in opponents FG%,
2nd best in rebounding behind the Bulls.
I like Goudelock too. Gosh, I'll rather see him take 10 floaters/runners than Kobe's 22 footers but there must be legit reasons why he is not playing enough minutes. All we see is that he is a great scorer. How sure are we that he can really understand the system, when to cut, how fast he can rotate on defensive situations?:confusedshrug:
I like Freaks analogy bringing up Shannon Brown. The guy looked great with his thunder dunks and high fly acts but somebody aside from me( Picc) pointed out how horrible he is making those entry passes....

DKLaker
04-11-2012, 01:49 AM
I have my own complaints about Mike Brown's strategies especifically about not coming up with great setplays for the bench to run etc etc by my goodness, Every freaking play that leads to turnovers and defensive lapses are because of him? Are you kidding me?:mad:
Somebody said some stars on this team have this cocky "I have 2 rings, you don't, so im not listening to you" attitude.
Again, Im not saying Brown is doing great but I don't think he is doing a horrible job.
This team is 14 games above .500, Their leader and best player has his career worst shooting % at 42% and yet the team is 7th best in team FG%.
9th best in assists/game with the majority of the season, not having the top15 PGs in the league.
7th best in opponents FG%,
2nd best in rebounding behind the Bulls.
I like Goudelock too. Gosh, I'll rather see him take 10 floaters/runners than Kobe's 22 footers but there must be legit reasons why he is not playing enough minutes. All we see is that he is a great scorer. How sure are we that he can really understand the system, when to cut, how fast he can rotate on defensive situations?:confusedshrug:
I like Freaks analogy bringing up Shannon Brown. The guy looked great with his thunder dunks and high fly acts but somebody aside from me( Picc) pointed out how horrible he is making those entry passes....

Stats are largely meaningless........that's why you have to watch the actual games. Our 14 games over .500.....so what? do you actually think we are playing well??? Do you realize haw many crappy teams we lost to? How many times we barely won against crap teams? how many games we played against teams missing their top 1, 2, 3, 4 or all 5 starters......yet still managed to lose or barely win? The players will always buy into a coach who knows what he is doing and knows how to manage players.....Brown completely lacks any of this. Imagine at your job you've been doing for a long time and you KNOW exactly how to do things.....now some idiot gets hired and he doesn't know sh!t, tells you to do things that don't work and don't make any sense, doesn't know how to communicate with you........honestly, how would you feel?
If you take pride in your work at all you wouldn't want to work for him at all and probably start looking for another job. If you really don't care and just want to float through not caring about the quality of your work or the future of the company then you'd just shrug and do all the dumb stuff as the company fails. In this case, the Lakers know they have the players to make a run.....if only they had a real coach who could COACH...it's insulting to them to waste a season saddled with trying to overcome the idiot's bad coaching.

We saw Goudelock play already, we know he's better than Blake, we know with him we will score more points than with Blake, I know that he's a better, faster defender. Mike Brown was interviewed and questioned WHY Goudelock wasn't playing......this was his chance to give a legitimate reason.....you know something that would make us say "Oh, that's why", instead he came up with the dumbest answer possible........even his own kids are going :facepalm

I very honestly, very sadly don't see much hope for this team in the playoffs.....solely because of the idiot coach.......something has to be done about this at the end of the season....seriously or we are doomed :( .

Kinda ridiculous to compare Goudelock to Shannon Brown.......it's completely baseless, two different players.......like comparing DFish to Sessions.