Flagrant 2
03-26-2012, 01:53 AM
Adelman:lebroncry:

DuMa
03-26-2012, 01:54 AM
Amnesty Kobe and Fire Mike Brown

Extempo
03-26-2012, 02:01 AM
What kind of a coach will bench the one guy who got the team back in the game? Lakers were losing by double digits. Then Kobe took charge in the 3rd and we got back in it, even got a 1 point lead. Kobe was shooting 50% when he got benched. This is the same guy who leads the league in 4th quarter scoring. Then again, this is the same guy who refuses to bench Steve Blake and play Goudelock. He is CLUELESS. We would be better off without a coach.

RazorBaLade
03-26-2012, 02:04 AM
nah. hes fine.

today was on pau and overall softness. Hes not the best coach but hes good enough.

just keep meshing with ramon and playing harder... we have a chance

StateOfMind12
03-26-2012, 02:08 AM
Threads like these make it apparent who is a Kobe fan and who is a Lakers fan.

RedBlackAttack
03-26-2012, 02:10 AM
The Lakers are 30-19 under a new coach and a completely new system. Oh the humanity.

Flagrant 2
Not really. Kobe fans will tell you to fire Mike Brown. Lakers fans will tell you to fire Mike Brown.

Flagrant 2
The Lakers are 30-19 under a new coach and a completely new system. Oh the humanity.
To be fair, Lakers standards are above and beyond most teams in the NBA's standards. Championship or bust.

skaterbasist
03-26-2012, 02:11 AM
To be fair, Lakers standards are above and beyond most teams in the NBA's standards. Championship or bust.

Truth.

Mr. Jabbar
03-26-2012, 02:11 AM
I like potatoe head, glad he showed some bawls, doesn't want to get bumped again or nothing of the sort..., kobe needs a reality check sometimes, every1 can use one from time to time. Lordbe is smart and this won't evolve into further drama. Book it.

#1SportsFan86
03-26-2012, 02:13 AM
It was all good just a week ago.:facepalm

Flagrant 2
03-26-2012, 02:14 AM
he's a good coach. It's not Mike Brown's fault that your best players has a low basketball IQ.
Your other account got banned too? :oldlol:

White Mamba

clevelend was 66-16 under this coach:confusedshrug:

he is horrible its not about the w its about how hard he is making it.

we can win games easy. he wants to win the hard way.

RedBlackAttack
To be fair, they were clearly past their prime last season. Now, they are a year older and not many people outside of LA thought that they would even be doing this well this season.

Flagrant 2
03-26-2012, 02:15 AM
To be fair, they were clearly past their prime last season. Now, they are a year older and not many people outside of LA thought that they would even be doing this well this season.
To be fair, no matter what the situation is, the standards are the same. That's what makes a successful franchise.

RedBlackAttack
03-26-2012, 02:15 AM
clevelend was 66-16 under this coach:confusedshrug:

he is horrible its not about the w its about how hard he is making it.

we can win games easy. he wants to win the hard way.
It's not even about Brown, really. It is about unreasonable expectations... And bringing a guy in to be a scapegoat, which is what I said of this hiring from the jump.

Meticode
03-26-2012, 02:22 AM
To be fair, no matter what the situation is, the standards are the same. That's what makes a successful franchise.
To be fair, the season isn't over and the playoffs haven't even begun. Also not to mention while Kobe is scoring almost 29 a game, this is his lowest field goal percentage since the 97 season. That's 15 damn years ago. Highly inefficient offensively.

Extempo
03-26-2012, 02:22 AM
Enjoyed the Kobe chant that broke out at Staples in the end, they clearly showed whose side they were on. Don't mess with the wrong guy Mike. Kobe won't say anything out loud to create drama but these things don't sit well with him. It's one thing if Phil benched him...but this newbie? Ship his ass out.

InspiredLebowski
03-26-2012, 02:25 AM
To be fair, no matter what the situation is, the standards are the same. That's what makes a successful franchise.No it's not. It's what makes a delusional incredibly spoiled fanbase that can't see the forest through the trees.

RedBlackAttack
03-26-2012, 02:26 AM
It's one thing if Phil benched him...but this newbie? Ship his ass out.
That's the spirit!

Good luck finding another willing scapegoat, though.

Meticode
03-26-2012, 02:29 AM
No it's not. It's what makes a delusional incredibly spoiled fanbase that can't see the forest through the trees.
No it doesn't. Boston fans aren't this way.

InspiredLebowski
03-26-2012, 02:30 AM
No it doesn't. Boston fans aren't this way.Boston fans experiences legitimate suction pretty recently. They learned what it's like.

Fiasco
03-26-2012, 02:34 AM
Fire Mike Brown? The guy behind one of the best defenses in the league? Talk about overreaction.

Meticode
03-26-2012, 02:35 AM
Boston fans experiences legitimate suction pretty recently. They learned what it's like.
That don't make sense.

Meticode
03-26-2012, 02:37 AM
Fire Mike Brown? The guy behind one of the best defenses in the league? Talk about overreaction.
He doesn't have a clue on offense. The Lakers won't win a championship with him as headcoach. I have hate for Brown form his Cleveland days, but the man had absolutely no idea what to do on offense.

Mr. Jabbar
03-26-2012, 02:40 AM
:lol even cavs fans were questioning mike brown back in the days on a daily basis, this thread was due to appear anytime. I do like Brown and he did the right thing today but lets not act like lakers fans are spoiled for calling him out on a controversial decision like tonight...

RedBlackAttack
03-26-2012, 02:41 AM
He doesn't have a clue on offense. The Lakers won't win a championship with him as headcoach. I have hate for Brown form his Cleveland days, but the man had absolutely no idea what to do on offense.
They didn't win a championship last season with arguably the greatest coach in NBA history on their bench. They are going to win one this season being a year older in a crazy condensed season with someone else?

Brown was brought in to be the scapegoat and he is filling that role admirably. I honestly can't believe they are 30-19.

White Mamba
03-26-2012, 02:45 AM

U may want to check the lakers defense numbers the last month, pretty low.

Meticode
03-26-2012, 02:47 AM
They didn't win a championship last season with arguably the greatest coach in NBA history on their bench. They are going to win one this season being a year older in a crazy condensed season with someone else?

Brown was brought in to be the scapegoat and he is filling that role admirably. I honestly can't believe they are 30-19.
I typed. I didn't mean to say I had hate for Brown. I don't have hate for him. I just don't think he can win a championship as head coach.

Mr. Jabbar
03-26-2012, 02:47 AM

In all honesty, Mike Brown is an improvement from last years PJAX. Dude was napping holding a margarita at the bench planning his vacations the whole season, he suddenly woke up at the sound of barea hitting the deck after bynums flagrant, yea it was too late. Besides, we had horrible defense and Brown has fixed almost if not all of it.

Meticode
03-26-2012, 02:49 AM
In all honesty, Mike Brown is an improvement from last years PJAX. Dude was napping holding a margarita at the bench planning his vacations the whole season, he suddenly woke up at the sound of barea hitting the deck after bynums flagrant, yea it was too late. Besides, we had horrible defense and Brown has fixed almost if not all of it.
What do you think about Brown taking Kobe out with 5:30 left in the 4th quarter?

Mr. Jabbar
03-26-2012, 02:51 AM
What do you think about Brown taking Kobe out with 5:30 left in the 4th quarter?

He did the right thing. May cost LA the game but it will pay off in the long term. No team wins with a febble figure as a head coach.

bdreason
03-26-2012, 02:53 AM
Brown was just brought in as a scapegoat anyway. He won't make it past 2 years, unless the Lakers win the championship... and the Lakers aren't winning a championship.

Mr. Jabbar
03-26-2012, 02:56 AM
Brown was just brought in as a scapegoat anyway. He won't make it past 2 years, unless the Lakers win the championship... and the Lakers aren't winning a championship.

Not many coaches would make it past 2 years in the Lakers w/o any chips....Brown is not a scapegoat, he came in as a pretty damn fine defensive coach and he has proven it. Lakers were being ABUSED defensively last year, you guys need to remember that..first few games this season I was like "omg this is what defense is about?!" much like watching what a pg looks like now with sessions, brand new stuff for us.

RedBlackAttack
03-26-2012, 02:56 AM
Like I said, I think Brown has fulfilled his role admirably thus far. I'm honestly surprised they are in as good a shape as they are.

It isn't just about replacing PJax. It is about replacing a system that a lot of these guys have run for almost their whole careers. The Triangle is really a unique offense and it takes time to break out of its constraints. I read an interview with Jordan Farmar a couple of months ago where he noted that it took him over a year to adjust to playing outside of it and his natural tendencies all last season were to fall back into the Triangle model.

That is a tough habit to break. Brown certainly isn't an offensive genius, but then you throw in the extra roadblock of him having to replace it with something more traditional?

Recipe for disaster. I thought this would be a better 4 playoff team or maybe on the outside looking in.

The 30-19 record thus far is a surprise to me, especially after losing Odom who added to their biggest advantage (length at all positions). They've overachieved, imo.

All Net
03-26-2012, 02:57 AM

Indeed...

I<3NBA
03-26-2012, 03:07 AM
yes please, Fire Mike Brown. let's see what the replacement will bring to the Lakers.

http://live.drjays.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Mike-DAntoni-Playoffs.jpg

Fiasco
03-26-2012, 03:08 AM

He's made the Finals twice utilizing one guy. He's no Popovich but the offense isn't that bad. Brown's speciality lies in his defensive schemes...and he's not just a "decent" defensive coach... he's a very good one, and with the West in shambles this year I wouldn't hesitate to say the Lakers could be in the WCF.

U may want to check the lakers defense numbers the last month, pretty low.

Yeah, the Lakers aren't exactly steamrolling right now but the last month and a half has been a huge WTF for everyone in the West not named OKC. I think LAL will be just fine over the last 18 or so games.

Mr. Jabbar
03-26-2012, 03:08 AM
Like I said, I think Brown has fulfilled his role admirably thus far. I'm honestly surprised they are in as good a shape as they are.

It isn't just about replacing PJax. It is about replacing a system that a lot of these guys have run for almost their whole careers. The Triangle is really a unique offense and it takes time to break out of its constraints. I read an interview with Jordan Farmar a couple of months ago where he noted that it took him over a year to adjust to playing outside of it and his natural tendencies all last season were to fall back into the Triangle model.

That is a tough habit to break. Brown certainly isn't an offensive genius, but then you throw in the extra roadblock of him having to replace it with something more traditional?

Recipe for disaster. I thought this would be a better 4 playoff team or maybe on the outside looking in.

The 30-19 record thus far is a surprise to me, especially after losing Odom who added to their biggest advantage (length at all positions). They've overachieved, imo.

Yeah, Lakers are damn fine and overachieving despite all the talent. New coach new system after so much time isn't something to be overlooked.

Last losses againts POR and MEM can be missleading, they played with a rare offensive brilliantness.

The thing that is a SERIOUS problem for LA is the incompetence in Offense that comes not only from the coach but from every player not named Bynum Gasol or Kobe and thats 3 on a 10 man rotation. If not for the sessions addition this LA team was a 1st or 2nd round exit...we can now dream big time.

bdreason
03-26-2012, 03:12 AM
Not many coaches would make it past 2 years in the Lakers w/o any chips....Brown is not a scapegoat, he came in as a pretty damn fine defensive coach and he has proven it. Lakers were being ABUSED defensively last year, you guys need to remember that..first few games this season I was like "omg this is what defense is about?!" much like watching what a pg looks like now with sessions, brand new stuff for us.

You think the Lakers bring in Mr. Potato Head if they were serious about winning a title this year?

If they were serious, they would have brought in a HC with credentials, and then signed Brown as a defensive coach (that's what he is). Brown was unemployed, and I doubt anyone else was offering him a HC job.

Brown was brought in as a transition coach. A guy that could take some blame off the players and front-office if the Lakers failed. I personally think he's done a great job, but that won't stop him from being the scapegoat when the Lakers eventually get knocked out of the playoffs.

Flagrant 2
03-26-2012, 03:15 AM
No it's not. It's what makes a delusional incredibly spoiled fanbase that can't see the forest through the trees.
And that's why your team doesn't have 16 championships.

Flagrant 2
03-26-2012, 03:16 AM
To be fair, the season isn't over and the playoffs haven't even begun. Also not to mention while Kobe is scoring almost 29 a game, this is his lowest field goal percentage since the 97 season. That's 15 damn years ago. Highly inefficient offensively.
To be fair, :kobe:.

Mr. Jabbar
03-26-2012, 03:21 AM
You think the Lakers bring in Mr. Potato Head if they were serious about winning a title this year?

If they were serious, they would have brought in a HC with credentials, and then signed Brown as a defensive coach (that's what he is). Brown was unemployed, and I doubt anyone else was offering him a HC job.

Brown was brought in as a transition coach. A guy that could take some blame off the players and front-office if the Lakers failed. I personally think he's done a great job, but that won't stop him from being the scapegoat when the Lakers eventually get knocked out of the playoffs.

Ok the thing is, even if he was brought in as a scapegoat, I like what he brings to the table, and I wouldn't be aiming at him if we fail...Brings elite D to an awful defensive team plagued with individual talent that can sort out the offensive puzzles on their own...problem comes in when players have bad offensive nights, which has been happening alot, see metta world peace steve blake troy murphy jason kapono mcroberts ebanks fisher barnes the latter has been pretty good as of late tho.

qrich
03-26-2012, 03:22 AM

No kidding.

VDN + Sofo's rights for Mike Brown

Deuce Bigalow
03-26-2012, 03:24 AM
Let The Man Have His Chance !

talkingconch
03-26-2012, 03:25 AM
http://s1.static.gotsmile.net/images/2011/12/22/funny-skrillex-bee_132455836669.gif

Mr. Jabbar
03-26-2012, 03:25 AM
yes please, Fire Mike Brown. let's see what the replacement will bring to the Lakers.

http://live.drjays.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Mike-DAntoni-Playoffs.jpg

lmao, d'antoni is like the worst coach ever :lol

RedBlackAttack
03-26-2012, 03:28 AM
http://s1.static.gotsmile.net/images/2011/12/22/funny-skrillex-bee_132455836669.gif
:roll:

chazzy
03-26-2012, 03:29 AM
No.

Fiasco
03-26-2012, 03:35 AM
No kidding.

VDN + Sofo's rights for Mike Brown

We throw in Gomes for free but only if they act now.

MJ(Mean John)
03-26-2012, 03:35 AM
He did the right thing. May cost LA the game but it will pay off in the long term. No team wins with a febble figure as a head coach.

Lol bro.

How will it benefit long term?

If anything, shit just get serious. There will be problems

CavaliersFTW
03-26-2012, 03:40 AM
Mike Brown would be a good coach if he actually had a decent cast of players to work with.

poido123
03-26-2012, 03:42 AM
Calling for his head and he hasnt even coached a season yet...:facepalm :lol

Not to mention the Lakers are travelling ok.

If you want to square any of the blame for cohesion in the team, most Laker players will point to Kobe. There's one thing being the alpha dog, there's another thing being a 33 year old shotjacker who doesnt have a high enough FG% to warrant the volume of shots he takes..

If Kobe could somehow evolve into a 2nd or 3rd option, then I could see the Lakers being very dangerous. ATM, while Kobe is still living off past glory, this team is not going to be winning championships anytime soon. IMO Bynum, should see 15-20 shots a game, Kobe 12-15 shots, Gasol 12-15 shots, then the rest amongst the role players..

You want to scapegoat brown? This year and last year has one common problem for the Lakers, Kobe doesnt want to give up the shots.

SYM86
03-26-2012, 03:46 AM
I seriously don't see the D improvement as every one mention

RazorBaLade
03-26-2012, 04:11 AM
Calling for his head and he hasnt even coached a season yet...:facepalm :lol

Not to mention the Lakers are travelling ok.

If you want to square any of the blame for cohesion in the team, most Laker players will point to Kobe. There's one thing being the alpha dog, there's another thing being a 33 year old shotjacker who doesnt have a high enough FG% to warrant the volume of shots he takes..

If Kobe could somehow evolve into a 2nd or 3rd option, then I could see the Lakers being very dangerous. ATM, while Kobe is still living off past glory, this team is not going to be winning championships anytime soon. IMO Bynum, should see 15-20 shots a game, Kobe 12-15 shots, Gasol 12-15 shots, then the rest amongst the role players..

You want to scapegoat brown? This year and last year has one common problem for the Lakers, Kobe doesnt want to give up the shots.

posted after 3 games of kobe shooting under 20 shots

maybe you should just kill yourself

Batz
03-26-2012, 04:20 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/20kf4o6.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/20kf4o6.jpg

Found this pretty thang.

archkiller
03-26-2012, 04:23 AM
Mike Brown is GOAT coach. He has lead Cavaliers with highest winning percentage in team history.

Nick Young
03-26-2012, 04:24 AM
That's the spirit!

Good luck finding another willing scapegoat, though.
Quiet down Cavs fan:roll: :roll: :roll:

Cali Syndicate
03-26-2012, 04:32 AM

Championship or bust? I get the Lakers franchise being a successful one and all but Lakers got dealt with the quickness during last season's playoffs.

-(Sixth man Lamar Odom + Phil Jackson) + (Ramon Sessions + Troy Murphy + Mike Brown) = Lakers are worse off than last season

A championship is expecting way too much. Most likely another 2nd round exit, possible WCF but very slim.

poido123
03-26-2012, 04:56 AM
posted after 3 games of kobe shooting under 20 shots

maybe you should just kill yourself

Maybe you should read up the facts on your own player/team? Kobe to this point is averaging 23 shots a game. He should be shooting at least 5 shots less than that this year...

Gasol averages around 13 shots, Bynum around 12 shots a game to this point. That means, Kobe is averaging nearly the same combined shots as his 2 star teammates :lol :roll: :oldlol:

Your telling me this is a recipe for success? Until this changes, Lakers cannot fulfil their potential. Minus 5 from kobe and add 5 to Bynum then you might start to see a contender. Bynum, Gasol need to be the most ball dominant, with kobe to hit the jumpshots on the kick outs, or slice to the hole off their passes....Bynum is around 60% from the field, he needs to be shooting about 20 shots a game. Feed him the ball and make him greedy, Bynum needs to be the leader on this team.

RazorBaLade
03-26-2012, 05:03 AM
Maybe you should read up the facts on your own player/team? Kobe to this point is averaging 23 shots a game. He should be shooting at least 5 shots less than that this year...

Gasol averages around 13 shots, Bynum around 12 shots a game to this point. That means, Kobe is averaging nearly the same combined shots as his 2 star teammates :lol :roll: :oldlol:

Your telling me this is a recipe for success? Until this changes, Lakers cannot fulfil their potential. Minus 5 from kobe and add 5 to Bynum then you might start to see a contender. Bynum, Gasol need to be the most ball dominant, with kobe to hit the jumpshots on the kick outs, or slice to the hole off their passes....Bynum is around 60% from the field, he needs to be shooting about 20 shots a game. Feed him the ball and make him greedy, Bynum needs to be the leader on this team.

edit forget this ill post a m0ore accurate one ina sec, gonna double check the stats

poido123
03-26-2012, 05:13 AM
I'm talking about the last few games when we added another offensive threat.

We lost lamar odoms 10 shots and they split between kobe and bynum. Pau doesn't like to shoot more than 13 times and never has in his career even as a first option so thats why they only went to kobe and bynum. They added a 4th option and now kobe's given up his 5 shots and dereks 4 shots to create ramons average of now taking 9 or so a game.

Yes, this might last a game or two, but the past has shown that Kobe goes back to his old ways soon enough. Forget about Gasol, Bynum needs to be force fed the ball. He needs to have the offense working through him, averages 60% from the field. 18-20 shots is what Bynum should be taking.

RazorBaLade
03-26-2012, 05:18 AM
I posted a better version in the other thread u said the same thing. More mathematically accurate.

And, you're referring to the past in which kobe averages 20 shots per game as proof he will continue to take 23?

And yeah I know bynum with 18 is good. I wish pau would go up to 16 or something but he just refuses. He seems so good when hes on and he usually is. How he didn't shoot 20 ish times as the 1st option in mem is beyond me.

LABean
03-26-2012, 05:28 AM
Who would you want to replace him?

poido123
03-26-2012, 05:30 AM
I posted a better version in the other thread u said the same thing. More mathematically accurate.

And, you're referring to the past in which kobe averages 20 shots per game as proof he will continue to take 23?

And yeah I know bynum with 18 is good. I wish pau would go up to 16 or something but he just refuses. He seems so good when hes on and he usually is. How he didn't shoot 20 ish times as the 1st option in mem is beyond me.

Kobe needs to say, Im not bailing either of you two out, you both need to be taking more shots than me, especially you bynum, you are the future and i am heading down the road of retirement.

Hard to know exactly what the issue is there, but if you go by comments made by gasol and bynum to the media, kobe simply wants his shots and nothing gets in the way of that.

Well even if Kobe decided to take 5 less shots a game for the rest of the year, he will still end up with a 20 average? The fact is, since the 2000-2001 season he has averaged 20 or more shots a game bar 1 year. So what makes you think he will suddenly change?

RazorBaLade
03-26-2012, 05:33 AM
Kobe needs to say, Im not bailing either of you two out, you both need to be taking more shots than me, especially you bynum, you are the future and i am heading down the road of retirement.

Hard to know exactly what the issue is there, but if you go by comments made by gasol and bynum to the media, kobe simply wants his shots and nothing gets in the way of that.

Well even if Kobe decided to take 5 less shots a game for the rest of the year, he will still end up with a 20 average? The fact is, since the 2000-2001 season he has averaged 20 or more shots a game bar 1 year. So what makes you think he will suddenly change?

Who cares about the average though, its skewed because the first half of the season he had to take on shots from a player that left. If kobe averages 17 shots a game from the time ramon came to the team (which is where hes probably around atm) for the rest of the year, what more can you ask from him?

poido123
03-26-2012, 05:44 AM
Who cares about the average though, its skewed because the first half of the season he had to take on shots from a player that left. If kobe averages 17 shots a game from the time ramon came to the team (which is where hes probably around atm) for the rest of the year, what more can you ask from him?

He is now forced to take less shots, now that Ramon is running the PG position. Which means ramon will look to create, before Kobe gets his hands on the ball. Whereas before with fisher, Kobe would get his hands on the ball a lot more, which led to him throwing up a shot before passing it off to one of the bigs.

Which basically means, Kobe has been somewhat neutered now that he can now has a very competent PG guard to run the show.

Punpun
03-26-2012, 05:50 AM
We all saw what happens when Kobe shoots less than 20 shot. LAkers lose. That's what happens. 1-3 since he shot less than 20 times.

RazorBaLade
03-26-2012, 05:51 AM
He is now forced to take less shots, now that Ramon is running the PG position. Which means ramon will look to create, before Kobe gets his hands on the ball. Whereas before with fisher, Kobe would get his hands on the ball a lot more, which led to him throwing up a shot before passing it off to one of the bigs.

Which basically means, Kobe has been somewhat neutered now that he can now has a very competent PG guard to run the show.

I think he's been rather willing and excited by Ramon. What has happened that makes you feel Kobe is forced to do anything and isn't willingly letting a PG do PG things?

At least you've found a way to criticize kobe for anything he does =/

Punpun
03-26-2012, 06:09 AM
The scrub has yet to make Hill a bench player. Think about it. Just awful.

RazorBaLade
03-26-2012, 06:23 AM
The scrub has yet to make Hill a bench player. Think about it. Just awful.

Team needs shooters. Yes hes a POS now, but what if he comes out in the conference finals and is absolutely lights out?

He averages more fouls than Field goals made per game though...

Punpun
03-26-2012, 06:25 AM
No idea what you're talking about. Lakers brought in Hill to upgrade their bench. Yet he still hasn't made the bench. Glock is insanely better than Luke. Yet he was inactive last night.

Etc. Etc.

Brown has NO idea in the least about rotations. And Offense.

Meanwhile Gasol went back to his Gasoft days, Bynum could not give less of a shit about rebounding and DMWP shot the ball 9 times. Great coaching there.

RazorBaLade
03-26-2012, 06:28 AM
No idea what you're talking about. Lakers brought in Hill to upgrade their bench. Yet he still hasn't made the bench. Glock is insanely better than Luke. Yet he was inactive last night.

Etc. Etc.

Brown has NO idea in the least about rotations. And Offense.

Hill would have to take away Murphys minutes. I guess I should have specified lol but yeah hill has to play for murphy.

Brown putting Metta in at SG instead of goudelock is , I agree, one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

Extempo
03-26-2012, 07:39 AM
Who would you want to replace him?
Adelman...look at what he did with a much inferior team in Minnesota. Kobe wanted him too.

stephanieg
03-26-2012, 08:20 AM
I was hoping he'd keep Kobe on the bench and LA would win for maximum lulz. Too bad.

Nick Young
03-26-2012, 08:59 AM
Jeff Van Gundy, Rick Adelman, Doug Jones, EVEN GODDAMN MARK JACKSON I WOULD HAVE PREFERRED OVER THIS SCRUB MIKE BROWN

B
03-26-2012, 06:05 PM
No it's not. It's what makes a delusional incredibly spoiled fanbase that can't see the forest through the trees.So very true. they're forming a lynching party in the Lakers forum

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-26-2012, 06:09 PM
it was like Mike Brown had a brain freeze...NOT because he benched Kobe with 4 minutes remaining, but because he failed to give Kobe a breather MUCH earlier than that. Brown did not know what to do last night.

BlueandGold
03-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Coach Brown looks like he's coaching not to get fired rather than going all in and coaching to win, except for the move he pulled last night, which I actually like. I was reading it on my phone this morning (have the "track team" option as the Lakers) and upon first glance I was actually surprised and thought that Mike Brown have actually grown a backbone.

I've said this all year.. Mike Brown needs to put the "shackles" on Kobe at times like Phil did in the old regime. You can obviously see that Kobe is playing 3-5 more minutes a game this season and this will undoubtedly have an impact in the playoffs. Brown needs to limit Kobe's minutes to 32-35 MAX a game for the rest of the season if he wants to hope for a long playoff run.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-26-2012, 06:17 PM
Not really. Kobe fans will tell you to fire Mike Brown. Lakers fans will tell you to fire Mike Brown.

No Lakers fan I know is saying that, moron.

Heavincent
03-26-2012, 06:17 PM
I was watching the Lakers game last night and I was just thinking to myself "what the hell is this guy doing?". His rotation is terrible. He knows he can start Sessions AND have him lead the second unit, right? It's not that hard to figure out.

Jordan-esque
03-26-2012, 06:18 PM
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2646/shuddleakakobebryantiso.jpg

bleedinpurpleTwo
03-26-2012, 06:39 PM
^^^^that made me LOL

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-26-2012, 07:09 PM
No it doesn't. Boston fans aren't this way.
How many times have the Lakers missed the Play-offs compared to the Celtics? No sense comparing the 2 franchises imo.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-26-2012, 07:12 PM

Then you're a fool. OMGZ a team that won back-to-back championships just 2 seasons ago has a record of 30-19? and you think they are overachieving? Get the fck outta here. Did you expect them to fight for a Play-off spot?

RedBlackAttack
03-26-2012, 08:12 PM
Then you're a fool. OMGZ a team that won back-to-back championships just 2 seasons ago has a record of 30-19? and you think they are overachieving? Get the fck outta here. Did you expect them to fight for a Play-off spot?
A season after getting absolutely embarrassed in the WCF, with a superstar who (I assumed) was beginning to slow down, after having a botched trade for another superstar go crazy, losing one of their better players and receiving literally nothing in return and in an improved Western Conference with younger, seemingly more motivated teams... And, on top of all of that, replacing arguably the greatest coach of all-time and a system that is completely unique with something much more ordinary... And a roster that was put together on the premise of running the Triangle?

Yeah, I thought that it was feasible that they would take a major step backwards this season... And I think that a lot of people agreed with me.

They still could, btw... They are 2-3 in their last 5 and have a tough close to the season. Their place in the Western Conference is not cemented. They are 2 1/2 games out of 6th place and, if this slide continues, they would be fighting for their playoff lives.

They have 30 wins and the 9th seeded team in the WC has 26.

IamRAMBO24
03-26-2012, 08:16 PM
And get who?

The problem has more to do with Kobe's selfishness and free reign than Brown.

The Lakers just aren't as good when Kobe thinks he can do whatever he wants. Brown needs more respect if the Lakers want to compete.

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-26-2012, 08:55 PM
A season after getting absolutely embarrassed in the WCF, with a superstar who (I assumed) was beginning to slow down, after having a botched trade for another superstar go crazy, losing one of their better players and receiving literally nothing in return and in an improved Western Conference with younger, seemingly more motivated teams... And, on top of all of that, replacing arguably the greatest coach of all-time and a system that is completely unique with something much more ordinary... And a roster that was put together on the premise of running the Triangle?

Yeah, I thought that it was feasible that they would take a major step backwards this season... And I think that a lot of people agreed with me.

They still could, btw... They are 2-3 in their last 5 and have a tough close to the season. Their place in the Western Conference is not cemented. They are 2 1/2 games out of 6th place and, if this slide continues, they would be fighting for their playoff lives.

They have 30 wins and the 9th seeded team in the WC has 26.
And then reality set in and you realized that was a whole bunch of "ifs" and "assuming" done by youself. most of the assuming on this board is done out of pure hate. the lakers have missed the play-offs 5 times since 1957. to expect them to ship it in and not make it with a core of kobe/bynum/gasol is just plain silly. losing phil was a blessing in disguise. he might be the greatest coach all-time, but he hasn't been the best coach in the nba in years. losing odom was going to derail the lakers season? lol. at the end of the day these guys are paid professionals and banking on them missing the play-offs because of a botched trade and a few hurt feelings is insane.

RedBlackAttack
03-26-2012, 09:31 PM
And then reality set in and you realized that was a whole bunch of "ifs" and "assuming" done by youself. most of the assuming on this board is done out of pure hate. the lakers have missed the play-offs 5 times since 1957. to expect them to ship it in and not make it with a core of kobe/bynum/gasol is just plain silly. losing phil was a blessing in disguise. he might be the greatest coach all-time, but he hasn't been the best coach in the nba in years. losing odom was going to derail the lakers season? lol. at the end of the day these guys are paid professionals and banking on them missing the play-offs because of a botched trade and a few hurt feelings is insane.
It isn't "just" losing a coach.... It is also installing a new system completely foreign to many of these guys. I posted earlier in the thread that Jordan Farmar noted that it took him over a year to get accustomed to life outside of the Triangle, because after you have played in it for so long, your natural tendencies are to fall back into its patterns. And, the Lakers had to adjust a roster that was put together with the Triangle in mind (ie: no point guard).

Also, I have to laugh at the notion that I "assumed" the Lakers could drop off this season (relatively speaking, of course) because I "hate" them. :oldlol:

Best believe, I want ANYONE in the league to win a title outside of Miami and that includes the Lakers.

Also, for the record, as a Cavs fan, we absolutely, positively need the Lakers to make the playoffs in order to get that 2012 draft pick that was included in the Sessions deal. It is lottery protected. So, please... Continue winning. Make the playoffs.

Christ all mighty... Lakers fans can be incredibly touchy.

BallsOut
03-26-2012, 10:07 PM
RBA, you have to admit Brown plays weird rotations. I liked the fact that he gives rookies and young players chances to play unlike Phil, but I don't understand how Goudelock has been removed from the Lakers rotation. He was playing so well for them at home and on the road, which is rare even for some good NBA players. Goudelock would play even better next to a guy like Sessions that can penetrate and give Goudelock wide open 3pt shots which he nails at a high rate. This would solve most, if not all, of the Laker's bench scoring problems.

I remember how mad you guys were about him not playing Hickson over Jamison back when the Cavs were facing the Celtics or how Boobie was placed on the dog house for no reason. You out of all folks should understand what we're going through.

DKLaker
03-26-2012, 10:22 PM
RBA, you have to admit Brown plays weird rotations. I liked the fact that he gives rookies and young players chances to play unlike Phil, but I don't understand how Goudelock has been removed from the Lakers rotation. He was playing so well for them at home and on the road, which is rare even for some good NBA players. Goudelock would play even better next to a guy like Sessions that can penetrate and give Goudelock wide open 3pt shots which he nails at a high rate. This would solve most, if not all, of the Laker's bench scoring problems.

I remember how mad you guys were about him not playing Hickson over Jamison back when the Cavs were facing the Celtics or how Boobie was placed on the dog house for no reason. You out of all folks should understand what we're going through.

Any intelligent person knows that Goudelock should be playing.......unfortunately we have Mike Brown as a head coach :banghead: :banghead: :rant

DKLaker
03-26-2012, 10:23 PM
Jeff Van Gundy, Rick Adelman, Doug Jones, EVEN GODDAMN MARK JACKSON I WOULD HAVE PREFERRED OVER THIS SCRUB MIKE BROWN

:cheers:

RedBlackAttack
03-26-2012, 10:24 PM

Trust me, I had issues with Mike Brown. He is far from a perfect coach. And, yes, his rotations would occasionally p!ss me off, especially when it came to adjusting to different challenges in the postseason.

However, I said from the moment he was hired in LA that I thought he was being set up to be a scapegoat and I still feel that this is the case. Listen, I hope the Lakers win a title... I really do. That would mean that you know who doesn't get one and I like Coach Brown as a person and would be happy for him.

I have nothing against the Lakers or their fans. I'm just being honest... I don't think that this was a great situation to step into and I thought it would go worse than it has.

I haven't watched the Lakers enough to comment on his current rotations or other specifics of his gameplan. When you step back and look at the big picture, though, the Lakers are probably right where they should be in terms of their place in the West and the league.... Maybe even a little higher.

04mzwach
03-26-2012, 10:33 PM
An eye for an eye, a knee for a knee!

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-26-2012, 10:58 PM
It isn't "just" losing a coach.... It is also installing a new system completely foreign to many of these guys. I posted earlier in the thread that Jordan Farmar noted that it took him over a year to get accustomed to life outside of the Triangle, because after you have played in it for so long, your natural tendencies are to fall back into its patterns. And, the Lakers had to adjust a roster that was put together with the Triangle in mind (ie: no point guard).

Also, I have to laugh at the notion that I "assumed" the Lakers could drop off this season (relatively speaking, of course) because I "hate" them. :oldlol:

Best believe, I want ANYONE in the league to win a title outside of Miami and that includes the Lakers.

Also, for the record, as a Cavs fan, we absolutely, positively need the Lakers to make the playoffs in order to get that 2012 draft pick that was included in the Sessions deal. It is lottery protected. So, please... Continue winning. Make the playoffs.

Christ all mighty... Lakers fans can be incredibly touchy.
i didn't mean you hated them...