Heavincent
03-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Probably gonna suck.

Qwyjibo
03-28-2012, 05:47 PM
Map Design

Map design and size will be following Black Ops not Modern Warfare 3
That's encouraging.

Out of the modern/recent CODs, I thought Black Ops had the best collection of maps and MW3 had the worst. There are a few maps in MW3 (Arkaden, Downturn, Underground) where I will leave instantly if I've been put into a game on them because of the poor and uninspired design.

ukballer
03-28-2012, 07:03 PM
No death streaks.

Thank god. :oldlol:

Ass players should stay ass.

LOGoods7
03-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Black Ops >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MW2/MW3 and Black Ops 2 will likely feel fresh to me since I rented but didn't buy MW3 this year...I'll probably not have played any Call of Duty for about a year by the time Black Ops 2 comes out.

Heavincent
03-28-2012, 08:43 PM
Black Ops >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MW2/MW3 and Black Ops 2 will likely feel fresh to me since I rented but didn't buy MW3 this year...I'll probably not have played any Call of Duty for about a year by the time Black Ops 2 comes out.

Black Ops is the worst COD...although the series in general hasn't really impressed me since COD 4.

Qwyjibo
03-28-2012, 08:51 PM
I personally hated the Black Ops campaign but really, who cares about that. I play the Campaign only because of my compulsive desire to acquire trophies or to "100%" a game that I own. Once I beat a COD game on the hardest, I will never again touch the campaign.

I thought Black Ops had the best and, IMO, most balanced multiplayer. No ridiculously overpowered perks, really good maps, and fair kill-streaks. Even though I like kill streaks stacking when I get it, I think it's more fair if they don't. Although I wouldn't mind if they kept a "Support" streak option like in MW3 for some easy kill streaks even with deaths.

CelticBaller
03-28-2012, 09:56 PM
No death streaks.

Thank god. :oldlol:

Ass players should stay ass.
yessir

Undisputed
03-28-2012, 10:07 PM
Can't wait for this. It'll be nice to play a good COD game again. MW3 is a joke to the franchise.

Maniak
03-28-2012, 11:18 PM
I said I wasn't going to get a CoD game this year unless it was around WW2 or prior, due to the staleness of more modern FPS'.

CoD does a good job of hyping their game and pretty much saying "the last game was shit, but a little not shit, and we will make this not shit"

I don't plan on buying it, esp on/around opening day. It'll take several days of stealing from friends or something to see if it's worth it, which it probably will not be.

Velocirap31
03-29-2012, 12:58 AM
I'll happily stick with my BF3. I see no reason to play an inferior fps.

Draz
03-29-2012, 01:38 AM
MW series shit on every other series. This time I might stick to not buying it quickly.

Bladers
03-29-2012, 01:40 AM
Really? ReallY???

Another rinse and repeat game? :facepalm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDtCCukVZFk&t=0m25s

Kungfro
03-29-2012, 02:21 AM
Really? ReallY???

Another rinse and repeat game? :facepalm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDtCCukVZFk&t=0m25s

ELPRESADOR is white? Mind blown.

miller-time
03-29-2012, 03:58 AM
I'll happily stick with my BF3. I see no reason to play an inferior fps.

true. i can't stand cod. you feel like you are in a playground playing paintball. bf3 is the mans fps!

Kobe Jnr
03-29-2012, 04:03 AM
ELPRESADOR is white? Mind blown.
:roll: :roll: classic. Love the guy.

Black ops was guud, Treyach to me, make better maps. I liked most of them.

Best cod maps for me, were world at war.

Imma booiiiiiiissssssssttttttt

takeittothehoop
03-29-2012, 05:38 AM
Bladers = Ginnygoat (Elpres reference)

ukballer
03-29-2012, 09:39 AM
Bladers = Ginnygoat (Elpres reference)

Bitch blood!

Kobe Jnr
03-29-2012, 10:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mshzs3vhfg

:roll: :roll: :roll:

GOBB
03-29-2012, 03:05 PM
ELPRESADOR is annoying to me. I try listening to his videos but I cant stand the screaming and how terrible he is at fps. And maybe he is terrible on purpose but I dont find playing bad entertaining when its done intentionally.

I stick to the markofj and sandy ravage videos

talkingconch
03-30-2012, 03:47 AM
Black Ops maps were enjoyable, if i remember correctly, summit, nuketown, jungle, theres more but those i loved

yea its probably a rinse and repeat game like every cod but its fun and thats all that matters. Its not like ima drop 50-60bux to play the singleplayer (rofl)

jump right into multiplayer and rape

GOBB
03-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Black Ops maps were enjoyable, if i remember correctly, summit, nuketown, jungle, theres more but those i loved

yea its probably a rinse and repeat game like every cod but its fun and thats all that matters. Its not like ima drop 50-60bux to play the singleplayer (rofl)

jump right into multiplayer and rape until...

I run into GOBB then DASHBOARD

FIXED :lol

:cheers:

BlackJoker23
03-30-2012, 09:30 PM
glad they took away last stand, death streaks and flame throwers. no need to reward trash players and flamethrowers were just an over the top unnecessary accessory. also the maps seem encouraging this time around since mw3 maps were a clusterfukk, often unorganized and too small. they'll do the usual tweaking and thats good enough to get swayed into buying the game

rhythmic
03-31-2012, 01:04 AM
BO is my least favorite campaign, along side WAW.
Not buying this title as I don't really play online all that much anymore.

Max Payne 3... :rockon:

Heavincent
03-31-2012, 02:28 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

GOBB
03-31-2012, 03:23 PM
Now there's something that will actually be good.

Max Payne 3, Bioshock Infinite, AC3 are game of the year candidates.

COD will never be. Straight multiplayer.

Kungfro
03-31-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm interested to see what Treyarc does with this one. While their games aren't perfect, they usually add something good to the franchise. WaW had co-op multilplayer and zombies, and black ops had theater mode, combat training, contracts, and wager matches. If they can take what IW did with MW3 and balance it out while putting in some new ideas of their own, I'll be interested.

Also I miss customizing player cards and creeping people's stats before matches.

Story Up
04-01-2012, 12:40 AM
I beat Max Payne on xbox about 50 times, such an intriguing story. MP3 looks sooo awesome; the story and the mechanics look top notch.

I hope to see good reviews !

Story Up
04-01-2012, 12:41 AM
Another good game is Hitman, I think it's coming out this year.

Heavincent
04-01-2012, 01:03 AM
Max Payne 3, Bioshock Infinite, AC3 are game of the year candidates.

COD will never be. Straight multiplayer.

Indeed. I'd throw ME3 in there too. But I think AC3 will take it for me.

CelticBaller
04-22-2012, 08:35 PM
some leaked info (http://www.thetechgame.com/News/sid=3128/black-ops-2-poster-and-multiplayer-info-allegedly-leaked-reveals-perks-weapons.html)

Heavincent
04-22-2012, 08:45 PM
So basically, it's gonna be the same game as Black Ops with a few new perks, weapons, and maps.

So exiting.

CelticBaller
04-22-2012, 09:04 PM
So basically, it's gonna be the same game as Black Ops with a few new perks, weapons, and maps.

So exiting.
and? the game gets old quickly, People play the game for its multiplayer and thats what they get

Heavincent
04-22-2012, 09:16 PM
and? the game gets old quickly, People play the game for its multiplayer and thats what they get

I'm just baffled that so many people pay $60 for a glorified expansion pack. I'm not gonna insult or try to stop people from buying it...I just don't understand the hype. COD 4 was amazing, but everything after that has bored the hell out of me.

EnoughSaid
04-22-2012, 11:30 PM
7. Pilot

Undisputed
04-24-2012, 02:49 AM
I'm just baffled that so many people pay $60 for a glorified expansion pack. I'm not gonna insult or try to stop people from buying it...I just don't understand the hype. COD 4 was amazing, but everything after that has bored the hell out of me.
A lot of games do this...

Do you play Madden or any of the 2K basketball games? Those are even more pathetically similar.

Tenchi Ryu
04-27-2012, 11:48 PM
Black Ops 2 officially confirmed for November 2012.

And I just bought DLC for BO 1 too....FUKK
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Draz
04-28-2012, 11:45 PM
Black Ops 2 or COD doesn't need to be confirmed for it to be true, it comes out every single year. I'm a huge COD player but the series just isn't cutting out for me anymore. I'm strongly looking into BF but I heard BF takes turns with MOH or some shit yearly.

Also yes, COD is reskinned and remapped with new guns and perks every year, something I've gotten used to for years. It's more of an arcade game. I guess it won't change, it hasn't, nor do I think it needs to because it wouldn't be the same. They've introduced new game modes to try changing it, they've brought in Elite, they've brought in Stats and statistics, theathre mode, etc. I just don't know if it's all worth it. The servers are shit, idk.

Kungfro
05-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Gonna be revealing the next cod during the playoffs tonight. I've been seeing rumors about a more futuristic setting.

Kungfro
05-01-2012, 01:56 PM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/39/2195846-blops22.jpg

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 propels players into a near future, 21st Century Cold War, where technology and weapons have converged to create a new generation of warfare.
http://www.giantbomb.com/news/activisions-next-call-of-duty-is-definitely-black-ops-ii-in-case-you-were-still-wondering/4116/

Alright I'm interested.

CelticBaller
05-01-2012, 05:02 PM
lol Call of Duty: Combat Evolved

CelticBaller
05-01-2012, 09:02 PM
official trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3tedlWs1XY)
wow, it actually looks like they are going in a very bold new direction, different graphics and such.

Tenchi Ryu
05-01-2012, 09:38 PM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/39/2195846-blops22.jpg

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/activisions-next-call-of-duty-is-definitely-black-ops-ii-in-case-you-were-still-wondering/4116/

Alright I'm interested.
HOLY SHIT
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Draz
05-01-2012, 10:16 PM
JUST when I said I wasn't going to buy any other COD, this happens! Wow. Looks amazing, totally new direction, everything looks great. MW3 should of went this direction but I didn't expect BO2 to.

EnoughSaid
05-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Wow. Never thought I'd include something FRESH and NEW and EXCITING in the same sentence with Call of Duty ever again. This will truly blow the minds of everyone. Can't wait until E3 to see actual gameplay. :rockon:

Maniak
05-01-2012, 11:06 PM
2 idiots posting in a row.

How can you put faith in a company who is consistently disappointing.

CelticBaller
05-01-2012, 11:15 PM
2 idiots posting in a row.

How can you put faith in a company who is consistently disappointing.
Well, atleast its good to know they're going in a new direction :lol

Tenchi Ryu
05-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Damn, I so interested in this one. They are going in a completely new direction, got the balls to make a change.

Team Treyarch

Draz
05-02-2012, 03:15 AM
When is E3 btw?

Tenchi Ryu
05-02-2012, 03:18 AM
When is E3 btw?
Next month

takeittothehoop
05-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Trailer looks wack but I'm going to withhold judgement until a MP trailer of some kind is released (won't be for a while).

LOGoods7
05-02-2012, 12:07 PM
So is this basically another Modern Warfare setting game?

I'll be interested as long as killstreaks aren't annoying like MW2 and as long as they still use realistic guns and no lasers or BS like that.

Kungfro
05-02-2012, 01:40 PM
So is this basically another Modern Warfare setting game?

I'll be interested as long as killstreaks aren't annoying like MW2 and as long as they still use realistic guns and no lasers or BS like that.

Most of the game takes place in 2025, but there are some flashbacks to 1980s. The MP is all set in the future though. The weapons will be futuristic, but they're based on technologies that are being developed right now.

Draz
05-02-2012, 02:51 PM
I just don't want to rush onto the bandwagon for COD again I was heavily disappointed numerous times. I feel like playing some BO though MW3 is getting boring, I miss radiation and summit, a few maps the one with the rocket coming out. All the other maps suck including the DLC.

Velocirap31
05-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Exact same game engine once again. The graphics and gameplay will be identical. You'll be paying $60 and tax plus DLC for some new guns and killstreaks. Stupid.

LJJ
05-02-2012, 04:49 PM
I do like the new setting a lot more than the boring "modern" setting. But we all know this game is going to play exactly the same as all the iterations of Call of Duty since the original Modern Warfare. They won't change the core gameplay until sales die off, and I don't know why they should. People are still enjoying this.

Anyhow, this future gimmick makes me realize someone needs to get to work on a new-gen iteration of TimeSplitters. That game would be boss in online multiplayer.

Kungfro
05-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Anyhow, this future gimmick makes me realize someone needs to get to work on a new-gen iteration of TimeSplitters. That game would be boss in online multiplayer.

Crytek actually picked up that studio a few years ago. Guess what game they have them working on.

Homefront 2

Maniak
05-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Timesplitters 2 was really fun. I always played against the AI, especially with my brother/friends.

Tenchi Ryu
05-03-2012, 12:47 AM
BO 2 photos leaked!
http://playstationgang.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-menu-zombies-story-mode-and-first-person-multiplayer-screen/

LJJ
05-03-2012, 01:08 PM
Crytek actually picked up that studio a few years ago. Guess what game they have them working on.

Homefront 2

They also made Haze. A bad game that bombed critically and commercially. Just goes to show that a developer needs to play to it's own strength. The raw shooter mechanics were never Free Radical's strong suit. So when they work on generic HALO clone ∞, it's never going to be that amazing.

What set Timesplitters apart wasn't the mechanics, it was the personality and flavor of the series. It would present shooter fans with an entirely different style than what's out there right now. That's why it would be a cult smash at least. Terrible business decision that Crytek is making them work on games like Haze and Homefront 2.

GOBB
05-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Zombies FTW = achievements :bowdown:

Draz
05-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Will it be the same engine?

Heavincent
05-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Will it be the same engine?

Probably. They've been using the same engine since like 1954.

1rkrage
05-04-2012, 11:54 AM
I wish people would develop for the PC first, then the console. The game looks like the same console image quality.

Kungfro
05-04-2012, 04:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWkH5VIC7mk&feature=g-all-u

Jimmy2k8
06-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Watching XPlay and they're showing actual gameplay of BO2. Sorry, but it looks like the same old gameplay and the same old engine. Yawn. Same graphics, same shit, different game. Looks like MW3 2.0, but in a futuristic setting.

GOBB
06-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Any up to date videos?

Watching XPlay and they're showing actual gameplay of BO2. Sorry, but it looks like the same old gameplay and the same old engine. Yawn. Same graphics, same shit, different game. Looks like MW3 2.0, but in a futuristic setting.

Well I'm not going to pretend I have a clue about the gaming world. But wouldnt a game like Call of Duty wait until the newer console to really change up the actual gameplay, engine etc?

step_back
06-20-2012, 11:57 AM
Any up to date videos?

Well I'm not going to pretend I have a clue about the gaming world. But wouldnt a game like Call of Duty wait until the newer console to really change up the actual gameplay, engine etc?

DICE originally intended the Frostbite 2 engine which runs Battlefield 3 to be on the next gen systems. I'm no expert but I think once an engine has been made it's up to the developers to experiment with what can be done. COD maxed out on their engine years ago and haven't tried to do anything new. I think their lazy in all honesty. They know they have peoples money all ready so why try to make a better game.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/frostbite-2-originally-designed-for-next-gen-6383232

TylerOO
08-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Multiplayer reveal trailer coming Teusday

CelticBaller
08-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Multiplayer Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dre21lBu2zU)

Undisputed
08-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Multiplayer Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dre21lBu2zU)
Now this looks badass. This is a COD game that will have me completely hooked again. Gonna be picking this up at midnight. That one multiplayer trailer puts MW3 to shame....which isn't a hard task.

Undisputed
08-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Exact same game engine once again. The graphics and gameplay will be identical. You'll be paying $60 and tax plus DLC for some new guns and killstreaks. Stupid.
This one looks better than the average upgrades since the first Modern Warfare. And as GOBB said, we probably won't see much difference in graphics and GP until the next generation. You can only do so much with this formula they have with this gen.

Draz
08-11-2012, 10:22 PM
I have a question. why don't bill gates just invest in this powerful new generation console to outshine Sony. the graphics are just lame now and old.. I think this years the last year for this gen consoles .. their milking it dry

ukballer
08-12-2012, 03:27 AM
I have a question. why don't bill gates just invest in this powerful new generation console to outshine Sony. the graphics are just lame now and old.. I think this years the last year for this gen consoles .. their milking it dry

No point in rushing things right now. Whether people consider the 360 dated or not, the games are still selling as well as ever. All the shit I read on Youtube, and on some forums saying CoD is dead, totally bogus. Battlefield still sells as well as ever, we've got GTA 5 dropping in the near future. Madden/NBA/FIFA still generate a huge amount of sales. I could go on.

I don't see a problem with them milking it dry while it's still making them that money, and we're still playing it. The next gen consoles are getting closer all the time. I'd rather they wait and make something amazing, rather than releasing something slightly rushed just to outsell Sony.

Imagine Microsoft released the 720, or whatever it'll be, next year. Sony then have the chance to look at all the mistakes and/or bugs that will inevitably happen, with ANY brand new console, and try to eliminate them on their own next-gen console. Releasing it early just puts the ball in Sony's half of the court in my opinion.

GOBB
08-14-2012, 10:24 AM
That COD game looks like a mixture of Halo and COD. Because of all the futuristic stuff in it.

I downloaded an app for the xbox live event where they will be playing multiplayer live tomorrow 9am est and 12pm est (maybe replay?). I'm sure it'll end up on youtube but I'm off so I;'ll check it out. Game looks crazy.

I wonder if any new game modes for multiplayer?

Maniak
08-14-2012, 12:28 PM
i'm going to wait a few months until i consider buying the game. i dont want to waste 60 bucks like i did with mw3.

if people are still enjoying it like 4/5 months after it's out, i'd love to get it.

GOBB
08-14-2012, 12:36 PM
50mins of gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2uZckCnclk

TylerOO
08-14-2012, 01:54 PM
New ghost perk sounds great. It really made black ops frustrating at times. The ghost perk now only keeps you off enemy radar if your on the move. Atleast they are trying to get rid of camping.

GOBB
08-14-2012, 02:04 PM
New ghost perk sounds great. It really made black ops frustrating at times. The ghost perk now only keeps you off enemy radar if your on the move. Atleast they are trying to get rid of camping.

I need to read up on all of the perks. I heard sleight of hand is a weapon attatchment. Same with quickdraw. Gonna have to google and search for this stuff.

Also cant wait for the guns people complain and say overpowered. Never a COD game where this wasnt said. I didnt play COD 4 until Mw2 dropped so I cant speak on that game.

TylerOO
08-14-2012, 02:08 PM
I need to read up on all of the perks. I heard sleight of hand is a weapon attatchment. Same with quickdraw. Gonna have to google and search for this stuff.

Also cant wait for the guns people complain and say overpowered. Never a COD game where this wasnt said. I didnt play COD 4 until Mw2 dropped so I cant speak on that game.
There will definitely be bitching about guns lol. There is some gaming event in Germany this week and a lot of black ops 2 info will be out. I'm sure the perk list will be put out. I'll try to post as much info as I find

TylerOO
08-14-2012, 02:25 PM
http://www.charlieintel.com/2012/08/14/black-ops-2-multiplayer-gameplay-videos-detail-screenshots-more/

Just found this. Has some videos but if you scroll to bottom there is a lot of multiplayer info includings guns, perks, the new create a class system, these new things called wildcards, and killstreaks. GOBB I think your right about sleight of hand. I see quickdraw is definitely an attachment. Under attachments I see "fast mag" I'm guessing thats the new name for sleight of hand?

Bladers
08-14-2012, 03:09 PM
6 mins gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCRciUjwRzw

looks like the same shit. 60 dollars for another rinse and repeat?

No thanks. I'll Leave the sheeples to it.

GOBB
08-14-2012, 05:37 PM
http://www.charlieintel.com/2012/08/14/black-ops-2-multiplayer-gameplay-videos-detail-screenshots-more/

Just found this. Has some videos but if you scroll to bottom there is a lot of multiplayer info includings guns, perks, the new create a class system, these new things called wildcards, and killstreaks. GOBB I think your right about sleight of hand. I see quickdraw is definitely an attachment. Under attachments I see "fast mag" I'm guessing thats the new name for sleight of hand?

p thats what its called. Fast mag now. Gonna cheeck out videos. Thanks

ukballer
08-15-2012, 03:29 AM
6 mins gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCRciUjwRzw

looks like the same shit. 60 dollars for another rinse and repeat?

No thanks. I'll Leave the sheeples to it.

Your stupidity knows no limits. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Anyone got another link to the 50 min gameplay vid? Been taken down off Youtube.

LongLiveTheKing
08-15-2012, 04:26 AM
From what I've heard zombies is going to be the best they've done, and the MP is looking good. I'm really interested I zombies more.

GOBB
08-15-2012, 09:33 AM
Your stupidity knows no limits. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Anyone got another link to the 50 min gameplay vid? Been taken down off Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0sQAqXddK0

jaydacris
08-15-2012, 12:13 PM
black ops 2

http://www.twitch.tv/treyarch

first live multiplayer reveal at gamescom
europe vs north america!

GOBB
08-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Already watching you loser! Hey jaydacyst why atre u cheering there after kills? :lol

Total geek fest there. Glove_20 sucks as a commentator.

Euros camping

Draz
08-15-2012, 02:11 PM
Just checked in. There's live streams up? I've been looking at some multiplayer. So no more ACR? The Type 35 is the Type 25 and automatic now with like built in rapid fire? There's lasers in the guns now why? Can that be removed? And the red dots look fairly OK. I can get used to them, is that the only sight though?

A lot of questions. I'm only interested in MLG, I wonder how this fairs up with it I heard their making it more MLG/GB based now.

UConnCeltics
08-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Scorestreaks
• RCC — 325 points — A remote-controlled car packed with explosives.
• UAV — 375 points — Shows enemies on the mini-map.
• Hunter Killer — 400 points — Airborne drone that seeks out and destroys a nearby target.
• Care Package — 450 points — Air drop a random Scorestreak.
• Counter-UAV — 475 points — Temporarily disables enemy radar.
• Guardian — 500 points — Projects microwave field which stuns and impairs enemies.
• Hellstorm Missile — 525 points — An air-to-surface missile which can be scattered into a cluster bomb whilefalling.
• Lightning Strike — 550 points — Launch a coordinated lightning strike on three locations.
• Death Machine — 600 points — Your own personal handheld mini-gun.
• Sentry Gun — 650 points — An automatic sentry gun which can be remote-controlled.
• War Machine — 700 points — Grenade launcher with rapid, semi-automatic firing.
• Dragonfire — 725 points — Remote-controlled quad-rotor with lightweight machine gun.
• AGR — 800 points — Air drop an autonomous ground robot that searches for and destroys enemies and can be remote controlled.
• Stealth Chopper — 850 points — Call in a stealth helicopter which does not appear on the enemy’s mini-map.
• Orbital VSAT — 900 points — Shows both enemy position and direction on the mini-map, cannot be shot down.
• Escort Drone — 1000 points — Get personal air support from an escort drone.
• Warthog — 1025 points — Jet aircraft that provides close air support with several strafe runs.
• EMP Systems — 1050 points — Temporarily disables enemy electronics.
• Lodestar — 1150 points — Lase missile targets remotely from the Lodestar.
• VTOL Warship — 1200 points — Be the gunner of a powerful VTOL Warship.
• Canine Unit — 1275 points — Attack dogs that hunt down the enemy.
• Swarm — 1400 points — Call in a swarm of lethal Hunter Killer drones that search and destroy enemies

Lots more stuff in this link:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/gamescom-2012-hands-on-with-call-of-duty-black-ops-2/

And GoBB,w hat were you saying about prestige tokens from MW3 in BOP2?

Draz
08-15-2012, 11:22 PM
Graphics look great. I like that about Trey Arch. Mp7 looks good from the first 4 seconds of video. Will the Commando return?

LongLiveTheKing
08-16-2012, 04:31 AM
WEAPONS,PERKS,ETC

Primary Weapons:

pAN-94
SMR
M8A1
Type 25
SA58
Sig 556
SCAR-H
Shotguns:
m1216
Seiga 12
R870-MCS
Light Machine Guns (LMGs):
LSAT
QBB-LSW
Mk 48
Sniper Rifles:
DSR-50
SVU-AS
Ballista

Special:
Assault Shield
Sub-Machine Guns (SMG):
MP7
Chicom QCB
PDW-57
Skorpion EVO 3
MSMC
Secondary Weapons
Launchers:
SMAW
RPG
FJH-18AA
Pistols:
KAP-40
Tac-45
Executioner
u23-R
No Weapon Equipped
Combat Knife
Primary Attachments (Assault Rifle Only):
Reflex Scope
ACOG
Target Finder — Sight which highlights enemies when they enter the field-of-view
Hybrid Optic
Suppressor
Fast Mag
Adjustable Stock
Quickdraw
Grenade Scanner
Millimeter Scanner
Grenade Launcher
Select Fire
FMJ
Extended Clip
Secondary Attachments (Pistol Only):
Reflex
Suppressor
Extended Clip
Fast Mag
FMJ
Dual Wield
Laser Sight
Perk 1:
Flak Jacket — Take less explosive damage.
Ghost — Cannot be detected by enemy UAVs while moving.
Blind Eye — Unaffected by AI-controlled perks.
Hardline — Receive bonus score points.
Lightweight — Move faster, take no damage from falling.
Perk 2:
Hard-wired — Immune to counter-UAV and enemy EMPs.
Scavenger — Replenish ammo and grenades from fallen enemies.
Cold-blooded — Resistance to targeting systems including Dual Band, Target Finder, Sensor Grenades and player-controlled aircraft.
Toughness — Flinch less when shot.
Fast Hands — Swap grenades faster, use grenades and equipment faster, and safely throw back frag grenades.
Perk 3
Engineer — Show enemy equipment in the world, delay explosives and re-roll and booby trap care packages.
Dead Silence — Move silently.
Extreme Conditioning — Sprint for a longer duration.
Tactical Mask — Reduce the effect of flash, concussion and shock charges.
Awareness — Enemy movements are easier to hear.
Dexterity — Climb ladders and mantle over objects faster, recover from melee faster and aim faster after sprinting.
Lethal Grenades:
Grenade — Produces lethal radius damage upon detonation.
Semtex — Grenade that sticks to surfaces before detonating.
Combat Axe — Retrievable axe that causes instant death upon impact.
Claymore — Directional antipersonnel mine that triggers a proximity-based explosion.
C4 — Plastic explosive device that can be set and triggered remotely.
Bouncing Betty — Proximity mine that launches into the air before detonating. Can be avoided by crouching or going prone.
Tactical Grenades:
Sensor Grenade
Flashbang
Concussion
Shock Charge — A deployable charge which stuns enemies that enter its proximity.
EMP Grenade
Tactical Insertion
Smoke Grenade
Black Hat PDA — Hack equipment and care packages, or disable enemy vehicles.
One additional point can be spent on any tactical grenade to bring two of the same type into battle when you spawn.
Wildcards:
Primary Gunfighter — Allows a 3rd attachment for the primary weapon.
Secondary Gunfighter — Allows a 2nd attachment for the secondary weapon.
Overkill — Take a primary weapon as your secondary weapon.
Danger Close — Take a second Lethal.
Perk 1 Greed — Take a second Perk 1.
Perk 2 Greed — Take a second Perk 2.
Perk 3 Greed — Take a second Perk 3.
Tactician — Take a Tactical grenade in place of your lethal Grenade.
Poinstreak Rewards:
RCC — 325 points — A remote-controlled car packed with explosives.
UAV — 375 points — Shows enemies on the mini-map.
Hunter Killer — 400 points — Airborne drone that seeks out and destroys a nearby target.
Care Package — 450 points — Air drop a random Scorestreak.
Counter-UAV — 475 points — Temporarily disables enemy radar.
Guardian — 500 points — Projects microwave field which stuns and impairs enemies.
Hellstorm Missile — 525 points — An air-to-surface missile which can be scattered into a cluster bomb while falling.
Lightning Strike — 550 points — Launch a coordinated lightning strike on three locations.
Death Machine — 600 points — Your own personal handheld mini-gun.
Sentry Gun — 650 points — An automatic sentry gun which can be remote-controlled.
War Machine — 700 points — Grenade launcher with rapid, semi-automatic firing.
Dragonfire — 725 points — Remote-controlled quad-rotor with lightweight machine gun.
AGR — 800 points — Air drop an autonomous ground robot that searches for and destroys enemies and can be remote controlled.
Stealth Chopper — 850 points — Call in a stealth helicopter which does not appear on the enemy's mini-map.
Orbital VSAT — 900 points — Shows both enemy position and direction on the mini-map, cannot be shot down.
Escort Drone — 1000 points — Get personal air support from an escort drone.
Warthog — 1025 points — Jet aircraft that provides close air support with several strafe runs.
EMP Systems — 1050 points — Temporarily disables enemy electronics.
Lodestar — 1150 points — Lase missile targets remotely from the Lodestar.
VTOL Warship — 1200 points — Be the gunner of a powerful VTOL Warship.
Canine Unit — 1275 points — Attack dogs that hunt down the enemy.
Swarm — 1400 points — Call in a swarm of lethal Hunter Killer drones that search and destroy enemies.
Source:http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/8565/article/black-ops-2-confirmed-list-of-weapons-pointstreaks-rewards-and-perks/

UConnCeltics
08-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Didn't play the original BO, but does Blind Eye work against attack dogs?

GOBB
08-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Didn't play the original BO, but does Blind Eye work against attack dogs?

Blind eye isnt in Black Ops. Attack dogs attacked people with Ghost. Blind eye is in MW3 as you know and it protects you from enemy support. Basically Blind Eye + Assasin = Ghost in Black Ops.

UConnCeltics
08-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Blind eye isnt in Black Ops. Attack dogs attacked people with Ghost. Blind eye is in MW3 as you know and it protects you from enemy support. Basically Blind Eye + Assasin = Ghost in Black Ops.
I only played MW3 so my noobish understanding of the streaks in BO is that basically no matter your perks the big boy killstreaks will get you? Which I think is good. Running Blind Eye in MW3 I'm never killed by the killstreaks besides the occasional stealth bomber or when people on my team without it get close to me. Seems like BO2 will be much better than MW3.

ukballer
08-16-2012, 05:12 PM
Watched the Multiplayer vid, I'm still looking forward to it a lot, but I'm disappointed that it looks like panic knifing is still very much prevalent. Seemed easy enough to just whip out the knife again, though the guy playing had no timing.

GOBB
08-16-2012, 11:11 PM
I only played MW3 so my noobish understanding of the streaks in BO is that basically no matter your perks the big boy killstreaks will get you? Which I think is good. Running Blind Eye in MW3 I'm never killed by the killstreaks besides the occasional stealth bomber or when people on my team without it get close to me. Seems like BO2 will be much better than MW3.

Ghost Pro protected you from everything except dogs and blackbird. It was a perk people hated in Black Ops. Which is why MW3 split the perk into 2. Blind Eye (protection from air support/sentry guns) and Assasin (protection from UAVs). And yeah that was one thing with Ghost that if you were near people without it? A person in a Chooper Gunner in Black Ops could kill you by simply shooting up that area. Once they detect hit markers they attack that area.

So the big boy killstreaks in BO didnt always get you honestly. Dogs/Blackbird were the only kill streaks that exposed any perk used. But most people with Ghost wore a silencer so killing dogs wasnt hard. Blackbird in NO was the best perk ever. Becuase not only did it reveal everyone like Adv UAV, it showed where a player was running as well. Adv UAV is a spinoff of Blackbird basically.

I cant say if BO2 will be better than MW3 as far as multiplayer but I'm a HUGE zombie gamer and Treyarch never disappoints with zombies mode. The thing I like about BO vs MW3 is the ability to get in a gun fight. MW3 the 1 on 1 gun battle is short, BO you had a chance.

No problem with noob questions, keep them coming. I have no problem answering as well as others.

UConnCeltics
08-17-2012, 01:19 PM
Alright after reading through the perks I got some more questions.

Engineer. Booby traps care packages. How does this work? Can you do it to enemy care packages, or do you do it to your own? And if you do it to your own, is it before or after you take what is inside it?

And I think you get ammo in care packages, correct? Now do you get one care package with a shitload in it or do you get a little bit in each?

And finally, it lets you re-roll care packages. How would this work?

GOBB
08-17-2012, 03:38 PM
Alright after reading through the perks I got some more questions.

Engineer. Booby traps care packages. How does this work? Can you do it to enemy care packages, or do you do it to your own? And if you do it to your own, is it before or after you take what is inside it?

And I think you get ammo in care packages, correct? Now do you get one care package with a shitload in it or do you get a little bit in each?

And finally, it lets you re-roll care packages. How would this work?

Just to note Ghost in BO2, it will keep you off the radar but unlike Black Ops Ghost or Assasins in MW3? You HAVE to be moving. You cant camp with it or you will show up on the radar. Thats pretty good because I use Assasin in MW3 but I'm a run n gunner (wreckless). I cant sit in a certain location and spawn trap or aim at an area I know enemies will come but they have no clue I'm there since I'm rocking Assassin perk. People will still camp but it gives you an advantage of seeing a ghost user camping waiting for you to come running out. Especially in objective based games like Domination.

Blind Eye will work the same in BO2 as MW3.

Now Engineer is like Sit rep in MW3 where you can see enemy equipment. You probably never used this perk. But if you did you notice motion sensors, claymores, bouncing bettys, turretts etc etc. So all enemy equipment will flare up with this perk. Also you have 2 more abilities. Re-rolling a package is changing your care package. In Black Ops there was a perk called Hardline Pro (pro version only) where you double tapped your care package so that UAV can be something better. Roll of the dice basically. Sometimes you'll get a SAM Turrett in a package double tap it? Get lucky and get dogs. And booby trapping care packages was the Hacker Perk in Black Ops. MW3 used booby trapped packages as a Support Killstreak. Black Ops there was a perk called Hacker where not only did you detect enemy euipment you could hack it to be your own. You see a sentry gun? Hack it and it works for you/your team. Same with care packages and it allowed you to booby trap the care package as well. But back to booby trapping with Engineer perk you can steal someones care package and in the process it will booby trap it.

For example enemy team throws down care package. You kill the guy, steal his package. While you're stealing it, it automatically is booby trapping it but the package icon doesnt disappear on his map. He comes back, goes for it and it blows up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EPLH6qXGTA&feature=related

Clip showing it.

Also note....say an enemy throws down his package and its a UAV? With Engineer not only can you steal it and booby trap it? You could double tap the package and turn the UAV into something u want. Steal/booby trap.

Engineer will have elite and pro. I dont know what Engineer Elite, and Engineer Pro will be. I know in Black Ops double tapping package and booby trap were pro version perks. So maybe Engineer elite will be booby trap and pro version re-rolling (basically double tap it to change)

Alot of these perks have elite and pro versions as well. I dont know what other capabilities Ghost Elite or Ghost Pro will hve since the description is basic "dont show up on UAV unlss stationary"

MrWarrior
08-18-2012, 01:15 AM
The deathstreak being taken away imo, is a huge step the right way.

It would piss me off so bad when I lose my streak, just because some garbage ass player got some gay ass advantage for being a garbage ass player.

TylerOO
08-18-2012, 02:19 AM
The deathstreak being taken away imo, is a huge step the right way.

It would piss me off so bad when I lose my streak, just because some garbage ass player got some gay ass advantage for being a garbage ass player.
:oldlol: .. I agree though

UConnCeltics
08-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Preordered BO2 at Gamestop today. I assume I just have to walk in with my license, right? Guy at the counter pretty much wrote down every number and letter on it.

Draz
08-18-2012, 11:26 PM
Preordered BO2 at Gamestop today. I assume I just have to walk in with my license, right? Guy at the counter pretty much wrote down every number and letter on it.
give them your first and last name or your phone number.

ukballer
08-19-2012, 03:58 AM

At my local GAME store, our equivalent of Gamestop pretty much, we would get given a receipt which we would need to show to them when the game is released, and show a members card which you had to get if want to pre-order games from them, which can help you get money off purchases if you buy a certain amount of games using it.

Might be worth checking if your Gamestop is doing a midnight release too. I've only ever been to one, for MW3, and even though our store is pretty small, we had a whole load of people turning up, was great fun.

Kungfro
08-19-2012, 01:50 PM
I'm gonna start playing black ops again, try and get back to were I was before I stopped playing.

UConnCeltics
08-21-2012, 09:47 AM
Would be cool if one of the wildcards let you use 4 killstreaks. UAV/CUAV/Blackbird/Dogs would be sick.

GOBB
08-21-2012, 09:59 AM
I'm a little lost at how the pointstreaks work.

GOBB
08-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Lots more stuff in this link:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/gamescom-2012-hands-on-with-call-of-duty-black-ops-2/

And GoBB,w hat were you saying about prestige tokens from MW3 in BOP2?

Prestige tokens were used for MW3. For people who prestiged in cod 4, world at war, mw2, black ops you recieved one token. /you could use those tokens to unlock stuff in mw3. From what i read the token system isnt returning in BOP2.

UConnCeltics
08-21-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm a little lost at how the pointstreaks work.
From what I understand, lethal killstreaks will not add any points to your killstreak count, but things such as uavs and cuavs add either 15 or 25 points (forgot which number I saw) to your count for every kill your team gets while they are up. Also in objective based games like Domination a capped flag = 150 points, while a kill is 50 points. So the value is 1 flag = 3 kills, unlike MW3 where 1 kill = 1 flag. It also seems as if the offense and defense bonuses will count towards your pointstreak, although that I'm unsure of. Regular assists also count now as well. Seems like anything that helps your team win counts.

76ers
09-20-2012, 12:37 AM
This game looks like the best FPS since Battlefield 3. I have never seen guns like they have them in this. Amazing work.

GOBB
10-04-2012, 11:50 AM
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/10/02/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-multiplayer-commentary

:bowdown:

COD Elite purchase here I come

Bucket_Nakedz
10-31-2012, 12:21 PM
im gonna pre-order black ops 2 on friday from the microsoft store site. i already got my 1600 microsoft points from pre-ordering borderlands 2 and a $10 coupon for my next game purchase which im going to use on blops 2. so im getting blops 2 for $50 and a additional 1600 microsoft points which will bring my total to 3200 points. idk if ill use it for season pass tho.

ive seen the maps and it looks like there arent any snow ones. i freakin loved all the snow maps in blops. gobb, i for sure will hit u up and get some games in. been too busy to play on my xbox. haven't even played no more than an hour on borderlands 2 :facepalm

Bucket_Nakedz
11-09-2012, 12:29 PM
holy shet! ive been wanting to pre-order this damn game from microsoft store and its still out of stock. fukk! i guess ill have to pick it up from fred myer or wally

GOBB
11-09-2012, 06:38 PM
holy shet! ive been wanting to pre-order this damn game from microsoft store and its still out of stock. fukk! i guess ill have to pick it up from fred myer or wally

Why would you wait until now? :oldlol: And that sucks because it seems wherever you live is the boondocks. Plenty of stores you can preorder I'm guessing your location is that far out there these stores dont exist.

CelticBaller
11-09-2012, 09:42 PM
I am shooting for a K/d of 3.50 and a W/L of at least 3.00, I am going to get Black ops after my test so I'm good

Bucket_Nakedz
11-10-2012, 05:21 AM
Why would you wait until now? :oldlol: And that sucks because it seems wherever you live is the boondocks. Plenty of stores you can preorder I'm guessing your location is that far out there these stores dont exist.
omg gobb. this isn't a third world country. we have gamestops and major retailers here. i just wanted that pre-order deal from the microsoft store website for the free microsoft points, but thats what happens u procrastinate too long.

fred meyer = kroger, wally is slang for wal-mart.

GOBB
11-11-2012, 11:59 AM
omg gobb. this isn't a third world country. we have gamestops and major retailers here. i just wanted that pre-order deal from the microsoft store website for the free microsoft points, but thats what happens u procrastinate too long.

fred meyer = kroger, wally is slang for wal-mart.

Oh damn I misread! I saw preorder BO2 and thought the nuketown perk you got for preordering. Didnt notice the free Microsoft pts. :oldlol: Makes sense now.

ukballer
11-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Mine should be arriving tomorrow.

This is definitely the least excited I've been about a CoD game for a few years, but I'm still excited.

Not played with any ISH'ers since Black Ops, so let me know if any of you 360 players game during your morning/afternoon (if you're from the US) so I'll be able to catch you on during my afternoon/evening.

Bucket_Nakedz
11-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Oh damn I misread! I saw preorder BO2 and thought the nuketown perk you got for preordering. Didnt notice the free Microsoft pts. :oldlol: Makes sense now.
damn, im gonna buy the ps3 blops 2 tomorrow than pick up the 360 one later. i have to renew my xbox live gold, which will cost me 20 bucks but i only have enough for money right now for the game. i am too impatient to wait til friday when i get paid to renew.

whats nice is there is real cute young girl whos in my class that loves blops but only plays on ps3. shes been hounding me to play with her online, but im a xbox dude. i think couldve smashed long time, but im a faithful dude, and shes hella young.

aye, if yall got a ps3 and gonna play blops 2. add me: rt96792

Qwyjibo
11-12-2012, 10:50 AM
Mine was shipped too but probably won't be here until tomorrow. (PS3)

ukballer
11-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Damn, mine didn't arrive today. Have to wait until the actual release date to play, shock horror. :oldlol:

Xbox Live GT: WarroF1

Anyone welcome to add me, and maybe we can get some games going.

GOBB
11-12-2012, 06:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3zgIc0hCok&feature=relmfu

:bowdown:

I got nuketown 2025 preorder unsure if that includes zombies. That may be for just the Hardened edition. Ah well.

Qwyjibo
11-12-2012, 07:08 PM
This looks like the first COD that I don't trade in 6 months after playing through it extensively. MW3 was a big disappointment with its awful multiplayer maps.

GOBB
11-12-2012, 08:18 PM
This looks like the first COD that I don't trade in 6 months after playing through it extensively. MW3 was a big disappointment with its awful multiplayer maps.

I didnt buy one map pack. Normally dont for Modern Warfare COD games. But I'm getting the $50 season pass that has all the DLC packs. Save $10 and I get my zombies. :bowdown:

Kungfro
11-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Yea I didn't get any DLC for MW3 either, and if it wasn't for BLAM I probably wouldn't have played as much as I did. It was also the first COD that I traded in too, still have all the other ones.

GOBB
11-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Yea I didn't get any DLC for MW3 either, and if it wasn't for BLAM I probably wouldn't have played as much as I did. It was also the first COD that I traded in too, still have all the other ones.

Are you getting it tomorrow?

Kungfro
11-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Are you getting it tomorrow?

I think so, everything I've seen for this game so far has me interested.

Kungfro
11-13-2012, 12:46 PM
http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/17-6794/

I like how they set up custom classes, seems really interesting. Anyone playing this yet?

ukballer
11-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Yup I'm playing, and really enjoying it so far. Some ISH'ers here can vouch for me when I say I tend to start off bad and slowly get better when starting a new CoD game, but this one I'm doing decently straightaway.

Only really tried the MTAR, MP7 and Type 25 so far, all of which I really like.

Maps seem pretty balanced from the ones I've played so far, only played TDM, and I tend to stick to that gametype most of the time. I'm sure there will be stuff I don't like, like any CoD game that will show up soon, but I can already see this is a big upgrade over Black Ops, for me anyway.

Anyone going to try League Play? Going to wait a few days and really get used to everything before having a go, but I'm interested to see how good, or bad I'm rated.

Draz
11-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Picking up my copy today after school. How's it going for those who have it?

ukballer
11-13-2012, 03:11 PM
Picking up my copy today after school. How's it going for those who have it?

I'm enjoying it. Covered a few stuff in my last post, but some other thoughts/observations after playing a bit more.

- Hit detection is much improved from Black Ops. Not exactly difficult, but it is on the whole, pretty good. You'll still get the "How did he not die?" feeling sometimes, but yeah, it's good.

- Knifing is basically the same as always. You still get the 'Commando' lunges, and you still get the lucky knife kill/death where the killcam has the guy knifing facing the other way. Sucks, but hey.

- Killstreaks are harder to get, but when you do, they go HAM. I run UAV-Hunter Killer-Lightning Strike. Hunter Killer is basically throwing a paper airplane that blows up, great fun. Lightning Strike is basically a Mortar Strike on steroids, usually gets 2-3 kills without fail.

- I don't snipe, and the few times I do I suck, but I've been up against quite a lot of snipers, and while I won't say it's overpowered, it definitely seems like quickscoping is pretty easy to do. For regular snipers anyway.

Just some of my own personal observations, others might disagree, all good.

LJJ
11-13-2012, 04:45 PM
I just got this. It was surprisingly cheap for a launch title and it's been a long time since I've played online multiplayer FPS, so I figured why not.

Always surprising how many high leveled players there are already. Game is out a day and the majority of people online have already been playing for hours upon hours.

GOBB
11-13-2012, 06:02 PM
I just got this. It was surprisingly cheap for a launch title and it's been a long time since I've played online multiplayer FPS, so I figured why not.

Always surprising how many high leveled players there are already. Game is out a day and the majority of people online have already been playing for hours upon hours.

People without jobs. :oldlol:

UConnCeltics
11-13-2012, 06:05 PM
I don't like using the dragon fire.

Lodestar is better than an AC-130, could only imagine the VTOL ship.

Yemen, Cargo, Carrier are my favorite maps.

ukballer
11-13-2012, 07:11 PM

Quite a lot of people somehow manage to get copies days before the actual release date. Mainly the big Youtube commentators, but there are always some floating around on sites like Craigslist and Ebay almost a week before the actual release date. Kinda annoying that they get a headstart, but they're having to pay heaps more just get the game a few days earlier than everyone else.

Waste of money if you ask me. I understand for the Youtube guys who make a living from it, but even then, they can't actually upload their gameplay until release day. I guess they get a chance to learn the game and have time to store up some good gameplay videos though. But for the people who just buy it for triple or more of the retail price just to say they've got it before everyone else, it's pretty sad.

GOBB
11-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Played 1hr 54mins and my K/D is 1.33, W/L 4.0. So many campers and lag for me. Takes alot of bullets to drop someone. Maybe its the guns because I'm a level 10 but I use the Assault Rifle default class. Solely TDM thus far.

Maps? Eh, run into too much random crap.

TylerOO
11-13-2012, 11:52 PM
Picking up my copy right after class tomorrow. Cant wait

IGotACoolStory
11-14-2012, 12:23 AM
Really digging that zombie mode with the bus. Only played it a few times and then had to watch some college basketball, but that mode is a big improvement.

GOBB
11-14-2012, 12:29 AM
I dont know what to think. The interface is dumb as hell. Some of the killstreaks or scorestreaks rather dont make sense. You need to be a level 33 to unlock Counter UAV? Eh. I guess I need to unlock better guns. I use the MP7 and whatever the first Assault Rifle is. They ok. Just seems like I lose too many gun fights. Domination is camp central. Its a pain to get B and the game mode is different. You switch sides. Its 2 rounds. I guess to prevent spawn trapping all game. I've been playing Kill Confirmed which is much more fun. No one shoots down UAVs which is beyond annoying.

C+ grade so far. Havent tried zombies or campaign. My damn thumb hurts. My W/L isnt 4 but its well over 2. Seems like many dont care for the objectives.

EnoughSaid
11-14-2012, 12:39 AM
People without jobs. :oldlol:

Or those silly kids missing school the entire week just to play a CoD game. :oldlol: Some kid brought a portable Xbox with a Wifi hotspot to school. Like whaaaaaat? Anyway, I'm still contemplating purchasing this. I got MW3 in December and got tired of it super fast. But I also kind of want AC3 and The Last of Us. Shit man. :(

GOBB
11-14-2012, 12:52 AM
Or those silly kids missing school the entire week just to play a CoD game. :oldlol: Some kid brought a portable Xbox with a Wifi hotspot to school. Like whaaaaaat? Anyway, I'm still contemplating purchasing this. I got MW3 in December and got tired of it super fast. But I also kind of want AC3 and The Last of Us. Shit man. :(

If you really want AC3 then go with that. Maybe I need to play with parties or something. Usually solo or with a buddy. Game just doesnt knock your socks off right off the bat. With the new token thing it'll take time to get adjusted and used to it. I havent even cracked open the case for AC3 yet. So I cant speak on how good it is. But BO2 isnt anything new when it comes to COD. Same game. If there are things you wish COD did different, fixed or tried. Ask away and I'll let you know if this game does things you hoped it did that MW3 didnt.

Qwyjibo
11-14-2012, 12:58 AM
Ahhh Monday's holiday screwed up all the mail. My game won't arrive until tomorrow. Glad I just happen to have the day off work.

Kungfro
11-14-2012, 01:01 AM
Yea they turned Domination into a round and time based mode, which is kinda weird. I guess it does help fix the issue of one side of the map being easier to hold then the other, though if a map is designed well then it's not an issue.

So far the I've had the most luck with the smg's, I find I lose gunfights with assault rifles too often. I've found shotguns pretty annoying early on, though once I got a better handle on the maps it wasn't so bad.

edit: Also the footsteps sounds in this game are practically non-existent. I have not once been able to hear someone coming.

EnoughSaid
11-14-2012, 01:04 AM
If you really want AC3 then go with that. Maybe I need to play with parties or something. Usually solo or with a buddy. Game just doesnt knock your socks off right off the bat. With the new token thing it'll take time to get adjusted and used to it. I havent even cracked open the case for AC3 yet. So I cant speak on how good it is. But BO2 isnt anything new when it comes to COD. Same game. If there are things you wish COD did different, fixed or tried. Ask away and I'll let you know if this game does things you hoped it did that MW3 didnt.

Well even before playing the game I already like the concept of future warfare. Instead of being handed practically the same game for the third time in a row, we went from WW2 to Cold War/Vietnam and now Future. I mean I applaud Treyarch for showing enthusiasm and wanting to make the best CoD possible. Especially with zombies mode still there. My main problems with MW3 were the maps, and then also some guns and whatnot. I'm probably going to buy this anyhow, so we'll see.

Bucket_Nakedz
11-14-2012, 03:17 AM
played only mp for lil over an hour and im a level 10. here are my foughts...

first, lets discuss the setup. i like the layout, but the music is kinda lame (i really loved the black ops 1 menu music lol). i like that there is still the custom emblems, but i haven't seen the option where u can customize your players look. y'know, like face paint and stuff. i really liked that. the sound of the guns are new and improved so thats a big +.

im lovin the new system where u can have an additional perk or attachment but having to sacrifice something. yes, i will trade in my grenades and specials and maybe my secondary to go buckwild on perks and to beef up my main weapon.

was running with the operative class until i unlocked create a class. im using the first smg, dont know the name. the gun is cool, but since im rockin a supressor, i mainly rush to get close kills.

the scorestreaks. its a lil harder to get up 7+ straight kills, but when u do the scorestreaks are pretty cool. ive gotten the lightning drop multiple times and the dragon fire twice. the first time i unlocked dragon fire, i couldn't even use. it kept telling me that i couldn't use the device and i was effin pissed. it was on the boat map, and i know i couldve racked up some scores. i finally got to use it on the hollywood mansion map, and shiet was cool. got about 5 kills till somebody shot it down. i like the fact that they give you 25 pts instead of a 100 for each kill with a scorestreak. its very fair and keeps the real good players honest and a harder time from taking over the game.

the maps. as always, treyarch always design waaaay better maps then iw. im lovin the layout, but the atmosphere in some, feels too similar to mw2 and 3. i loved the fact that blops was so different and distinct. haven't tried the plaza, always playing yemen shiet. im enjoying it, but im not as in love with it like how i was in the first blops. its still early but will see...

add me on psn: rt96792

ukballer
11-14-2012, 03:37 AM
I don't usually last long enough to ever need my secondary weapon. :lol

So it was an easy choice for me to drop it and run an extra perk/wildcard instead.

Think my K/D is around 1.33, something like that. Was around 1.4 in the beginning, but had a couple of average games. Normally I'm below 1 when starting a new CoD game so I'm happy.

My friend bought an Elgato Game Capture HD thing, but doesn't use it anymore so he's going to let me use it. While I'm a very average player at best, I still feel like uploading some of my matches to Youtube. If anyone else on Xbox wants some of your own stuff recorded, just let me know and I'll be happy to do it. Theatre mode is much better on this than it was on MW3, less jerky.

I'm going to be playing most of the day today (UK time, currently 8:22am as I post this), and any of you are welcome to just hop into my game and play with me. Xbox GT: WarroF1

The-Legend-24
11-14-2012, 04:33 AM
Played for an hour K/D is 1.51 W/L 1.32. TDM is a f*cking campfest shits unreal. Besides that im enjoying this game to be honest, which is surprising to me.

UConnCeltics
11-14-2012, 03:12 PM
AGR is a beast. Its like a pissed off assault drone doing its own thing. UAV/Guardian/AGR is they way to go in Domination. Land the AGR in the opponent spawn and you'll have 150- 200 extra points like nothing.

I can build pointstreaks to approximately 1500 right now. Maybe with Hardline I'll be able to run the dogs.

GOBB
11-14-2012, 03:24 PM
AGR is a beast. Its like a pissed off assault drone doing its own thing. UAV/Guardian/AGR is they way to go in Domination. Land the AGR in the opponent spawn and you'll have 150- 200 extra points like nothing.

I can build pointstreaks to approximately 1500 right now. Maybe with Hardline I'll be able to run the dogs.

I'll try that. Domination is frustrating as hell. Where do you put the Guardian? Near B? On B. I'm clueless where to pop that thing. Whats AGR? Gotta see what the scorestreak for that is. I've been playing KC more than Dom. Hate trying to cap B and people just camp it.

ukballer
11-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Thought Treyarch had actually sorted the hit detection, but for some reason today it just felt like playing Black Ops again. Having to empty a whole clip to take someone down, when it was just half a clip yesterday.

I dunno, just find the game so inconsistent from match to match today. Maybe it's just me. Just feels like a different game to yesterday.

Also noticing some of the maps are a headglitcher's dream.

GOBB
11-14-2012, 03:58 PM
Thought Treyarch had actually sorted the hit detection, but for some reason today it just felt like playing Black Ops again. Having to empty a whole clip to take someone down, when it was just half a clip yesterday.

I dunno, just find the game so inconsistent from match to match today. Maybe it's just me. Just feels like a different game to yesterday.

Also noticing some of the maps are a headglitcher's dream.

YES. Yesterday for me I couldnt kill crap. Took so many bullets. Today its much better. Hit detection is out of wack and headglitching at an all time high. Just played a game where a guy had 41 kills and only 12 tags in KC. I sent him a message saying "Impress me when you pick up half the tags you left on the ground. Stop being scared to run out and pick up tags. F*ck your 2.0 KD kid"

UConnCeltics
11-14-2012, 08:08 PM
I'll try that. Domination is frustrating as hell. Where do you put the Guardian? Near B? On B. I'm clueless where to pop that thing. Whats AGR? Gotta see what the scorestreak for that is. I've been playing KC more than Dom. Hate trying to cap B and people just camp it.
I pop the guardian in a corner on a heavy traffic area, or I just tuck it on any flag. People are too stupid to shoot it so it either kills them or scares them off.

AGR is the badass robot with a machine gun and rocket launcher, can go on its own or you can control it.

Out of all the assault rifles you get before the SCAR-H, the MTAR is the best. The Type 25 is close, but MTAR is better.

heavensdevil
11-14-2012, 08:19 PM
I am loving this game so far. The 3rd AR you unlock is beast mode, the 3 round burst one. Xbox users add up- Gray Goos3 PSN users- stop playing in the DLeague

Oh yeah, and the new sentry gun is too dope, love the ability of manning the gun.

Qwyjibo
11-14-2012, 08:29 PM
So just started playing and an initial impression when it comes to creating a class: Is there any reason to not pick the "Greed" wildcards? I can see maybe wanting a 3rd attachment to your primary weapon but damn, going with 4-6 perks instead of 3 seems like a huge advantage over the other options.

GOBB
11-14-2012, 09:13 PM
So just started playing and an initial impression when it comes to creating a class: Is there any reason to not pick the "Greed" wildcards? I can see maybe wanting a 3rd attachment to your primary weapon but damn, going with 4-6 perks instead of 3 seems like a huge advantage over the other options.

Maybe when you're level 55. Altho to get Pro Perks you must prestige once.

But if I'm not mistaken using 3 wildcards counts against your 10 slots.

3 perks x 2 = 6 slots
3 wildcard slots

Thats 9 spots and you only will have your primary gun. No tactical, equipment, secondary or attatchments. Is it worth it? I dunno. I guess when you get to 55. You can make a ghost/stealth class but your gun wont have a silencer. It'll be interesting I'm going to create a class like that just to see. I'm only a level 29.

GOBB
11-14-2012, 09:17 PM
I pop the guardian in a corner on a heavy traffic area, or I just tuck it on any flag. People are too stupid to shoot it so it either kills them or scares them off.

AGR is the badass robot with a machine gun and rocket launcher, can go on its own or you can control it.

Out of all the assault rifles you get before the SCAR-H, the MTAR is the best. The Type 25 is close, but MTAR is better.

So to destroy Guardian you gotta shoot at it? What about Sentry gun. I tried knifing these things and nothing. I think it was a sentry gun. That thing looked like the Terminator. :oldlol:

Escort drone is pretty badass. I played Kill Confirmed on Cargo and went 19-1 before it went away. Care package is where I got it. I got the MTAR, gonna use it some more. I've been using the Vector. I dont like the mp7, maybe I'm using it wrong. Cant think of the AR I use. Might be mtar now that i think of it.

I cant unlock that scorestreak you're talkin about tho. Only 29 lvl

ukballer
11-15-2012, 04:17 AM
YES. Yesterday for me I couldnt kill crap. Took so many bullets. Today its much better. Hit detection is out of wack and headglitching at an all time high. Just played a game where a guy had 41 kills and only 12 tags in KC. I sent him a message saying "Impress me when you pick up half the tags you left on the ground. Stop being scared to run out and pick up tags. F*ck your 2.0 KD kid"

Been hearing and reading about the lag compensation being a real gamebreaker for people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sTbiVMnDdY&feature=youtu.be

Might try this, but not sure if it'll benefit me at all considering my own connection is average at best, sometimes not good.

The-Legend-24
11-15-2012, 06:51 AM
Been playing multi-team with 2 of my friends and are currently on a 14 game win streak, my K/D has gone from 1.3 top 1.9. Had a game of 43-2. (Carried the shit out of my team) :lol Can't wait until I get my hands on the SCAR.

GOBB
11-15-2012, 09:50 AM
Been hearing and reading about the lag compensation being a real gamebreaker for people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sTbiVMnDdY&feature=youtu.be

Might try this, but not sure if it'll benefit me at all considering my own connection is average at best, sometimes not good.

Thanks going to try that now! I have great connection so I'm like no way I lose these gunfights like this.

Bucket_Nakedz
11-15-2012, 09:53 AM
holy shiet i got my ass handed to me in domination. it seems whatever lobby i join, theres a group party and those mofos play in sync. 5 straight games i got ass raped and now my k/d ratio is just barely above 1. fukk those guardians, fukk them to hell!

ukballer
11-15-2012, 10:01 AM
They need to bring Mercenary TDM back. I shouldn't have to face a full party because I decided to run solo. I don't mind doing it, but I should at least have the option, considering 95% of my CoD gaming is done by myself.

Kungfro
11-15-2012, 12:55 PM
Starting to do better now, probably didn't help that I wasn't really playing COD much before this came out. That Guardian/sentry turret combo is lethal in Domination, especially since you can't just knife it to destroy them. Went 48-10 one match, pretty much kept them in their spawn by myself.

Class I've had the most luck with so far.
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/8697/codclass.jpg

GOBB
11-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Starting to do better now, probably didn't help that I wasn't really playing COD much before this came out. That Guardian/sentry turret combo is lethal in Domination, especially since you can't just knife it to destroy them. Went 48-10 one match, pretty much kept them in their spawn by myself.

Class I've had the most luck with so far.
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/8697/codclass.jpg

I need a good setup for Dom, I'm getting smacked on it.

UConnCeltics
11-15-2012, 08:05 PM
SCAR-H is an ACR with more recoil.

UConnCeltics
11-15-2012, 08:07 PM
I need a good setup for Dom, I'm getting smacked on it.
Right now I run:

UAV/CUAV/AGR

-SCAR-H
-F-J18
-Perk 1 Greed
-Hardline
-Flakjacket
-Cold-Blooded?
-Dexterity
-Frag Grenade
-2 Shock Charges

jaydacris
11-15-2012, 10:33 PM
domination on yemen is so broken

take b and you win :lol

TylerOO
11-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Anyone got a Nuketown code?

GOBB
11-16-2012, 04:04 PM
I hate this game. :oldlol: Moreso the frustration part. Kill one guy, cant drop the other.

UConnCeltics
11-16-2012, 05:24 PM
I hate this game. :oldlol: Moreso the frustration part. Kill one guy, cant drop the other.
This. Although I did empty a clip on B flag and got 6 kills. Why was the whole team was on B flag? I don't know. Why was nobody keeping an eye on where I was? I don't know. How do I kill 6 guys with only 30 bullets? I sure as hell don't know. Usually its a dozen per person.

And on a second note, the guardian might be the most useful killstreak ever. For 650 points it can hold a flag by itself, and it nets you 100+ points as well. I'm also warming up to the lightning strike. Good value at 750, kind of like a predator missile, precision airstrike combo. If a UAV is up when you use it, its a guaranteed triple kill really.

After I unlocked the Orbital VSAT, I threw it on. Either my team was ass (which it was) and couldn't get a kill while it was up, or it does not add points to your streak. Probably option #1 but I'll have to head to youtube and see what is up with it.

ukballer
11-17-2012, 07:13 AM
Searching for 'Best' connection only on Black Ops 2 really works, hit detection seems improved already. Maybe I'm just lucky. Maybe I'm just having a good day. But still, everything seems improved.

Been playing for nearly an hour now, and not had a game under 1 k/d yet. Bullets are hitting pretty well.

pauk
11-17-2012, 09:17 AM
At this point i am just sick & tired of Call of Duty..... seriously will they ever stop making the same damn game all the time? Game wise, any CoD delivers when you play it the first time, the shooting is solid and the action is intense, if you like that type of arcadeish monotonous games.....

But it gets tiring/boring very fast and then all of the sudden a new CoD game comes out and guess what? Its really not new.... its like a DLC to the CoD version you was already playing...

If you compare mcdonalds with going to a restaurant, CoD is the mcdonalds. There are a lot of flashy things, lots of kiddies and you will be saturated afterwards super fast. But do you really want to eat mcdonalds? I know i don't anymore. The taste is fine but you just get the feeling you could have gone and eat better somewhere else.....

GOBB
11-17-2012, 06:50 PM
UconnCeltics I noticed you were on the other team. My bad dude, I was in a party. We had 6 and I dont think they wanted to play Ground War or I would have invited you to join. You're one brave soul sticking around when you were by yourself or with 1-2 scrubs.

I have more success KD wise at TDM than Domination (in a party). I rush B so much I get killed. I dont like playing back, defensive. Impatient.

UConnCeltics
11-17-2012, 10:39 PM
UconnCeltics I noticed you were on the other team. My bad dude, I was in a party. We had 6 and I dont think they wanted to play Ground War or I would have invited you to join. You're one brave soul sticking around when you were by yourself or with 1-2 scrubs.

I have more success KD wise at TDM than Domination (in a party). I rush B so much I get killed. I dont like playing back, defensive. Impatient.
Well thank you. I'm glad people appreciate people with a little bit of integrity and sticking it out.

Only idiots rush B. I always run from A to C, no matter what. Right now too much random BS happens. Grenades, dumb hitmarkers, lag comp, everything, cover being worthless. Like on Raid, the curtains overlooking the pool area stop bullets, but in Carrier hiding behind one of those perpendicular metal platforms you get hit. WTF is that? And I swear bullets curve around objects like in Wanted.

And I don't know if anybody has run into this, but you get 100 points for every attack dog you kill. I don't think they bark though? One snuck up on me and have me the business and I was like what the hell was that?

AN-94, get the first 2 bullets to hit and you win the gunfight 80% of the time.

jbot
11-18-2012, 01:49 AM
anyone else feel a bit of Halo when playing this game? so far, i'm not really liking it.

UConnCeltics
11-18-2012, 10:34 AM
This game is gay. Twice in a row the game failed and we were sent back to the lobby, and I got two probation periods out of it. On the second one the game kicked me off the server four minutes in, so the clock reset. Whoever thought of this idea is gay. I don't give at rat's ass if people are ******* and back out of matches to preserve their precious K/D, but yet BO2 and its shitty lag/lobbies got me on probation. Yeah, works real well!

UConnCeltics
11-18-2012, 11:26 AM
And now I got probation for leaving the lobby. Not even in a game. I left the lobby. WTF.

eriX
11-18-2012, 12:36 PM
cod just gets worse and worse every time they push out a new title... and they will keep doing it as long as the console fanboys keep buying them.

Console, ruining fps gaming since modern warfare.

ImmortalD24
11-18-2012, 05:59 PM
2ez

Anyone got a Nuketown code?
You should have it in the box..

LockoutOver11
11-18-2012, 11:42 PM
is anyone good at TRANZIT yet? i wanna play but i need someone to wingman with me and guide my ass

ukballer
11-19-2012, 04:00 AM
cod just gets worse and worse every time they push out a new title... and they will keep doing it as long as the console fanboys keep buying them.

Console, ruining fps gaming since modern warfare.

I've heard from many people, including PC fanboys that the Black Ops 2 PC port is actually very good, and is a massive step up from Black Ops and MW3 on the PC.

Bucket_Nakedz
11-19-2012, 06:32 AM
finally got blackbird, shiet. now im just running uav, counter uav, and blackbird as my streaks.

i would have wrote this game off, but im so in love with the dsr sniper. god i love that gun. i only run shotty on compact maps, and my baby dsr on mid to large maps. fukk automatic weapons.

the agr is sick, but its a bit too overpowered imo. at first i loved the maps, but not their kinda alright. my favorite map is easily drone, though it sucks that i rarely get to play it.

they need to incorporate some snow maps soon in the future dlc or else im gonna sell this game. snow maps are always the best!

ukballer
11-19-2012, 08:04 AM
Anyone tried League Play yet? What's it like?

The-Legend-24
11-20-2012, 07:00 AM
I have to say that the M8A1 is probably the best gun in the game imo, I have it with 3 attachments, suppressor, reflex sight, and fore grip. Shit is beast with my UAV, hunter drone, and lighting strike streaks. Been having 40-10 games since I started using it.

heavensdevil
11-20-2012, 12:06 PM
LSAT with target finder-un****wittable

GOBB
11-20-2012, 01:43 PM
Best convo I've had on BO2 that made me laugh out loud.

After a match a player on the losing the screams "strikskillz ur shyt all u use are smgs. Use an assault rifle and show me how good u are. All people do in this game is use smgs".

Granted most people run with smgs so I can't say he is totally wrong. But it's funny to hear someone complain about using an entire weapon class. So next game takes place and I get killed by the guy. That is when I laughed. Why?

He has an assault rifle using TARGET FINDER, with ghost blind eye cold blooded dead silence and he spent his time head glitching and hiding in corners to peek put as people without ghost on the radar run near.

But hey sue me for using an SMG

UConnCeltics
11-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Best convo I've had on BO2 that made me laugh out loud.

After a match a player on the losing the screams "strikskillz ur shyt all u use are smgs. Use an assault rifle and show me how good u are. All people do in this game is use smgs".

Granted most people run with smgs so I can't say he is totally wrong. But it's funny to hear someone complain about using an entire weapon class. So next game takes place and I get killed by the guy. That is when I laughed. Why?

He has an assault rifle using TARGET FINDER, with ghost blind eye cold blooded dead silence and he spent his time head glitching and hiding in corners to peek put as people without ghost on the radar run near.

But hey sue me for using an SMG
People are just stubborn, stupid, ignorant, etc. I think Treyarch is to blame. They declared war on a legitimate play style, and now everyone is a *** for what they do. Sniper? ***. Headglitcher? ***. SMG user? ***. Where does it stop?

BO2 has some cheap stuff though. Headglitching, target finders, lack of stealth, you know all the good stuff. But people are idiots. They try to rush people with SMGs while using an assault rifle. Well guess what, smartass, you are going to get raped. And nobody makes adjustments. Sniper in the house? Yeah, just keep running into his line of sight with your from across the map with your assault rifle and think you will win. Once that dumbass gets OHKO'd, he bitches that sniper rifles shouldn't be in the game. Read the BO2 forum, people actually say that.

Although, I do those two things with my AN-94 and come out on top, lol. And I think I have a permanent class:
AN-94
-Suppressor
-Force Grip
-Quickdraw Handle
F-J18 Launcher
Hardline
Toughness
Tactical Mask
Bouncing Betty
Primary Gunfighter Wildcard

Tactical Mask powers right through shock charges, I have no clue how many times this perk saved me in gunfights or allowed me to get the campers by surprise. Betties will get any non-Flak Jacket user with ease.

Bucket_Nakedz
11-20-2012, 02:46 PM
goddamn. im trying my best to test out the blackbird streak (orbital vsat) but im always a kill or two short. here i am thinking 8 kills equals blackbird - nope! smart move treyarch. bastards

Draz
11-20-2012, 03:44 PM
League play is fine, competitive public matches against another team, continuously. I went 44-11 on it for solo LP. How's campaign? Haven't touched it? Took me 4-5 days to like the game a lot, definitely took time getting used to but already better than mw3. I just don't like that every gun shoots to quick as if rapid fire is built in.

GOBB
11-20-2012, 08:50 PM
People are just stubborn, stupid, ignorant, etc. I think Treyarch is to blame. They declared war on a legitimate play style, and now everyone is a *** for what they do. Sniper? ***. Headglitcher? ***. SMG user? ***. Where does it stop?

BO2 has some cheap stuff though. Headglitching, target finders, lack of stealth, you know all the good stuff. But people are idiots. They try to rush people with SMGs while using an assault rifle. Well guess what, smartass, you are going to get raped. And nobody makes adjustments. Sniper in the house? Yeah, just keep running into his line of sight with your from across the map with your assault rifle and think you will win. Once that dumbass gets OHKO'd, he bitches that sniper rifles shouldn't be in the game. Read the BO2 forum, people actually say that.

Although, I do those two things with my AN-94 and come out on top, lol. And I think I have a permanent class:
AN-94
-Suppressor
-Force Grip
-Quickdraw Handle
F-J18 Launcher
Hardline
Toughness
Tactical Mask
Bouncing Betty
Primary Gunfighter Wildcard

Tactical Mask powers right through shock charges, I have no clue how many times this perk saved me in gunfights or allowed me to get the campers by surprise. Betties will get any non-Flak Jacket user with ease.

I read that Treyarch made this game more for competitive gamers. Not so much the casual gamers. Cant say if this is accurate because I dont know what competitive style games are but thats the talk I've seen in BO2 thread on another board.

AN-94 is such a good gun. I'm debating between taking that gun or Ghost when I prestige. Most likely Ghost.

UConnCeltics
11-20-2012, 10:47 PM
I read that Treyarch made this game more for competitive gamers. Not so much the casual gamers. Cant say if this is accurate because I dont know what competitive style games are but thats the talk I've seen in BO2 thread on another board.

AN-94 is such a good gun. I'm debating between taking that gun or Ghost when I prestige. Most likely Ghost.
I picked the gun. Once you get a suppressor Ghost is kind of useless.

UConnCeltics
11-21-2012, 05:12 PM
This is gay. Once again I lose connection to the host, put on probation. Its your fault for the shitty servers Treyarch, not mine.

League Play is cool. I'm currently ranked 4/200 in my bracket. What is the point though? Do I get to advance to other brackets? Do I win something? I don't get it.

UConnCeltics
11-21-2012, 05:31 PM
Oh how cool, it happened again!

EnoughSaid
11-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Loving this game so far. Level 21 as of now. The PDW, the second SMH you unlock is AMAZING. Just went 26-4 on Raid and got two Dragonfires even though they are pretty shitty. Can't wait to unlock more guns and the MSMC.

ballup
11-22-2012, 12:53 AM
Played this game a bit. All of the new traps are confusing and hard to detect for me.

ukballer
11-22-2012, 04:25 AM
Loving this game so far. Level 21 as of now. The PDW, the second SMH you unlock is AMAZING. Just went 26-4 on Raid and got two Dragonfires even though they are pretty shitty. Can't wait to unlock more guns and the MSMC.

MSMC is my go-to gun now, love it.

Bucket_Nakedz
11-22-2012, 09:57 AM
best smg hands down. got tired of sniping with dsr and rushing with r870 shotty. i retract my earlier statement about automatic weapons - loving the msmc and m27. still pissed that orbital vsat (blackbird) is too high and on the scorestreak and it doesn't seem to last long (not even worth it imo).

UConnCeltics
11-22-2012, 10:32 AM
best smg hands down. got tired of sniping with dsr and rushing with r870 shotty. i retract my earlier statement about automatic weapons - loving the msmc and m27. still pissed that orbital vsat (blackbird) is too high and on the scorestreak and it doesn't seem to last long (not even worth it imo).
You don't get assists points with it either, which really sucks.

And I have been put on probation 5 times this morning, all of them after losing connection to the host. Get your shit together Treyarch. I stay in for shitty games, but what is the point if I get probation at the end anyways? Maybe I'll just have to start dashboarding to actually make probation worth it.

Bucket_Nakedz
11-22-2012, 10:38 AM
You don't get assists points with it either, which really sucks.

And I have been put on probation 5 times this morning, all of them after losing connection to the host. Get your shit together Treyarch. I stay in for shitty games, but what is the point if I get probation at the end anyways? Maybe I'll just have to start dashboarding to actually make probation worth it.
dude, is being on probation means you can't use your custom class sets? cuz ive had to leave games because of the horrible lag (which doesn't help that im on wifi) and every time i try to join the next game. i have to settle for set classes. if so, thats bullshit!

UConnCeltics
11-22-2012, 11:17 AM
dude, is being on probation means you can't use your custom class sets? cuz ive had to leave games because of the horrible lag (which doesn't help that im on wifi) and every time i try to join the next game. i have to settle for set classes. if so, thats bullshit!
I can't play for 5 minutes when I get it. You probably have some random glitch.

GOBB
11-22-2012, 03:58 PM

AK74u of BO2

UConnCeltics
11-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Would be great to do some league play, but I have the good ole "Analyzing match 0 out of X" glitch. Treyarch has some significant problems with this game.

EDIT: Finally got a match, Hardpoint on Hijacked. Put up 5k and was promoted to the Gold Division, "Phoenix Two Three". Second ranked player in it right now. I don't know, I personally do not think I am the second best player in the highest division (at least I think it is) but whatever. Honestly, public matches are tougher than league play in my opinion.

ukballer
11-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Don't really get the league system much. I'm in Gold division, can't remember what sub-division I'm in. I think it would be cool without the sub-divisions. I don't have any idea how many sub-divisions there are for each level.

The levels go Iron>Bronze>Silver>Gold>Platinum>Masters, that's pretty much all I know.

My 5 placement games were very mixed. 2 pretty awful games, and 3 games where I went ham. Though I know W/L ratio is much more important for your ranking than your K/D ratio. So I'd like to think objective game types may actually be fun in league play and have less people just kill whoring.

ballup
11-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Anyone try out zombies? Just played a round and I like it.

EricGordon23
11-23-2012, 01:32 AM
Anyone try out zombies? Just played a round and I like it.

You try tranZit yet? Its pretty beast

ballup
11-23-2012, 02:52 AM
Yep. Was very confusing and only got as far as the diner.

IGotACoolStory
11-23-2012, 02:56 AM

Yes, I love that mode if you get in a room where people know what to do. I think it's my favorite game mode for Black Ops 2 right now and I didn't like Zombies in any of the previous games.

The-Legend-24
11-23-2012, 05:03 AM
That 4v4 survival zombies thing is mad fun, made it to round 21, it's kinda hard trying to win the game for your team when you got like 100 zombies on your ass and you're the only one alive. :oldlol:

UConnCeltics
11-23-2012, 09:20 AM
That 4v4 survival zombies thing is mad fun, made it to round 21, it's kinda hard trying to win the game for your team when you got like 100 zombies on your ass and you're the only one alive. :oldlol:
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/miscer602/gj.jpg

Da KO King
11-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Played a round of TDM last night. It was like a Jason Statham flick in that I wouldn't call it boring as much as I would say I wasn't engaged mentally.

I am definitely really am over the whole CoD multiplayer experience and will only play when my son is at his aunt's house. LOL

ballup
11-23-2012, 10:30 PM
The B23R is pretty OP. May not be a competitive choice, but it stomps on pubs.

UConnCeltics
11-24-2012, 10:17 AM
Moved up to Platinum, Pharaoh Seven Six division. Would be nice if people could separate Hardpoint from Team Deathmatch, but whatever.

heavensdevil
11-28-2012, 02:56 PM
didnt know that you couldnt unlock everything without prestiging... I was playing for so long at Level 55 trying to earn an unlock token for ghost...:facepalm

question for prestiging... what do you guys feel is the best reward?

stats renewal?

Refund tokens?

extra class?

Just2McFly
11-28-2012, 03:28 PM
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/miscer602/gj.jpg
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BuffaloBill
11-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Played with a guy who went 68-2 in Kill Confirmed. He had 59 kills before he died once :eek:

GOBB
11-29-2012, 09:38 PM
didnt know that you couldnt unlock everything without prestiging... I was playing for so long at Level 55 trying to earn an unlock token for ghost...:facepalm

question for prestiging... what do you guys feel is the best reward?

stats renewal?

Refund tokens?

extra class?

Salty :roll:

Thats the perks with prestiging. More tokens because unlock before you cant unlock everything. For me it doesnt matter because I dont use secondary pistols. I dont use snipers. Some perks will never be unlocked by me now that I prestiged once. So the amount of tokens dont bother me. But to get Diamond camo you need to not only unlock everything of one group but get gold guns for all of them to get Diamond camo.

Anyway I say extra class. I dont care to reset my stats.

chazzy
11-30-2012, 01:26 AM
MSMC is beast

ukballer
11-30-2012, 04:42 AM
I've never sniped properly on a CoD game before, and I've been playing since MW2,but finally gave it a go yesterday. Love that DSR, got it as a secondary with both the Type 25 and MSMC.

GOBB
11-30-2012, 07:33 PM
They say sniping is easy as hell this game. I never tried and probably won't.

MSMC is beast

All SMGs are honestly. I love the PDW becuz it's like the P90. Vector my next fav.

ukballer
12-01-2012, 04:19 AM
I'm finding sniping easy, and like I said, I never sniped in earlier CoD games. I don't see many using the Overkill wildcard which allows you to use two primary weapons, but I'm abusing that right now. :D

heavensdevil
12-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Salty :roll:

Thats the perks with prestiging. More tokens because unlock before you cant unlock everything. For me it doesnt matter because I dont use secondary pistols. I dont use snipers. Some perks will never be unlocked by me now that I prestiged once. So the amount of tokens dont bother me. But to get Diamond camo you need to not only unlock everything of one group but get gold guns for all of them to get Diamond camo.

Anyway I say extra class. I dont care to reset my stats.

salty indeed, looks like I'll never unlock the diamond camo.

can anyone explain how to use the hellfire missle thing?, :confusedshrug: ... always just end up getting like 1 kill with it... or it explodes before it hits the ground...

UConnCeltics
12-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Nice to see my Platinum rank is gone. What is the point of League Play now? I get to see my highest rank on my playercard? Wow, how cool! /sarcasm

And for Hellstorm Missiles, put it over a large group of enemies and hit the RT (fire) button. The little clusters will follow the enemies similar to the 105 round on an AC-130.

ihoopallday
12-04-2012, 06:24 AM
Sniping on this game is pointless since you'll show up on the radar for not moving. Seriously, what's the point of sniping if you have to run around all game. They need to make UAV'S harder to get. Also, why the **** did they take off Nuketown 24/7? Now I have to play like 4 games on other maps till it shows up for voting. Maybe they should've let us know that when preordering.

I'm a level 53. Don't know if I'll prestige. Can you keep a perk after you prestige? If so, I'll keep Ghost. That perk is a necessity because every game gets spammed with UAV'S. Btw, I could use some teammates online. Sick and tired of always getting on teams that don't play the objective.

If you're an objective player on Xbox, add me please. kingjames99 is my gamertag

Bucket_Nakedz
12-04-2012, 06:26 PM
when i prestiged, i chose to reset everything. the thing i hate the most is that retarded target finder. its bad enough with the auto assist aim. but why make it easier for these camping weenies.

heavensdevil
12-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Sniping on this game is pointless since you'll show up on the radar for not moving. Seriously, what's the point of sniping if you have to run around all game. They need to make UAV'S harder to get. Also, why the **** did they take off Nuketown 24/7? Now I have to play like 4 games on other maps till it shows up for voting. Maybe they should've let us know that when preordering.

I'm a level 53. Don't know if I'll prestige. Can you keep a perk after you prestige? If so, I'll keep Ghost. That perk is a necessity because every game gets spammed with UAV'S. Btw, I could use some teammates online. Sick and tired of always getting on teams that don't play the objective.

If you're an objective player on Xbox, add me please. kingjames99 is my gamertag

GT- Gray Goos3, add up.

ihoopallday
12-06-2012, 01:39 AM
GT- Gray Goos3, add up.

Sent you a request

heavensdevil
12-07-2012, 12:24 PM
theres a patch out for PS3, Xbox patch will kick in this weekend.

question- in the patch notes, it says that short distance shooting for the XM8 assault rifle is being nerfed... what the hell is the XM8? are they referring to the MA81? is it the same gun?

UConnCeltics
12-07-2012, 12:46 PM

Your guns carry through to the next prestige, and you can use that token on ghost.

GOBB
12-07-2012, 12:53 PM

Snipers show up on radar but they also get the first drop on u. Only takes 1 shot, 2 or 3 if you're me (I don't snipe lol). A person with an SMG at a distance will lose. AR you got a chance if the sniper misses and you are a good shot. Now sniping is pointless when you try to run n gun with it or don't play the objective this hurt your team because you are camped out in a place that isn't overlooking B.

I agree the 24/7 nuketown was a sham. I haven't played it once since they took away the option. Waste of a preorder.

Also if you are always on teams that don't play the objective? Join the club and usually you are against a party. I hate randoms sometimes they are good most of the time they make you rage. I hate the randoms who are going 5-24 then they rage quit before the game is over. Would be nice if that person quit a long time ago.

When you prestige you get a token to unlock whatever gun or perk you choose. The more you prestige the more tokens you get. I think if you prestige twice you get 2 unlocks and so on. So yeah Ghost was my first unlock. Ghost and Flak Jacket are the two must have perks.

ukballer
12-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Think I'm done with League Play already. I don't play with a clan, and neither myself or any of my buddies play CoD for more than a couple of hours a week now, if that. So generally I'm a solo player.

However, the fact they let people group up to do League Play when only trying to earn a solo, individual rank to me makes it so broken. All 5 of my Team Deathmatch Series placement games, I was placed on a bad team of players, coming up against tryhard clans/general parties, and got cleaned up in 4 of them, so I've been placed down in bronze. How am I supposed to determine my own individual rank, when it seems totally down to luck on who I get put with on a team? I'm completely aware it's solely down to W/L ratio, which makes it even more frustrating.

Matchmaking system in league play confuses the shit out of me too. Hearing stories of bronze players going up against teams of platinum/gold/silver players all the time.

League play is generally geared towards team play, I can understand that, and would even encourage it. But it would be nice if they made it more balanced, and fairer for the average solo player like myself. Read countless articles/posts/opinions about league play and I'm still struggling to get my head around it.

The-Legend-24
12-12-2012, 04:54 AM
Been using the FAL lately and im loving it, so far I have 5000+ kills with the M8A1 and I have like 2000+ with the FAL. Just prestiged for the third time too.

heavensdevil
12-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Been using the FAL lately and im loving it, so far I have 5000+ kills with the M8A1 and I have like 2000+ with the FAL. Just prestiged for the third time too.

Have you noticed a difference with M8A1 since the patch?

The-Legend-24
12-14-2012, 05:57 PM
Have you noticed a difference with M8A1 since the patch?
I've noticed that it's gotten a lot weaker I don't know if that's just me but it takes way more bullets to kill somebody, which is why I started using the FAL.

UConnCeltics
12-15-2012, 04:48 PM
Domination is too easy. Haven't touched BO2 in 2 weeks besides a game here or there, and I played 6 games today with an average of 4.5-5k+ for score. Leveled 5 times, +/- 1. Can't wait until I get Scavenger, I think I'm at the point where I don't really need Hardline. Plus I'm running UAV/CUAV/Stealth Chopper so I don't think I really need it.

heavensdevil
12-16-2012, 10:35 AM
Domination is too easy. Haven't touched BO2 in 2 weeks besides a game here or there, and I played 6 games today with an average of 4.5-5k+ for score. Leveled 5 times, +/- 1. Can't wait until I get Scavenger, I think I'm at the point where I don't really need Hardline. Plus I'm running UAV/CUAV/Stealth Chopper so I don't think I really need it.

wow, sounds like you're on a tear...how do you do it?

ihoopallday
12-16-2012, 01:22 PM

That thing is a monster. :lol But it's not too stealth on small maps like nuketown.

UConnCeltics
12-16-2012, 03:04 PM
Call of Duty: Hijacked Ops 2.

Seriously, play on this map like 1/3 of the time. But hey if you spawn trap the team or stick the stealth chopper over B flag, you get so many medals its not even funny.

UConnCeltics
12-18-2012, 04:01 PM
GoBB its hard to do anything when you and that guy get all the points lol. But it was nice being shot in the back about a dozen times that game.

GOBB
12-18-2012, 05:25 PM
GoBB its hard to do anything when you and that guy get all the points lol. But it was nice being shot in the back about a dozen times that game.

:roll:

Good game by you tho. You were helping out capping flags! The other team had some guys with high KD over 2. I think they were just kill whores. Ill take a win and lots of caps or defends over KD! Next time send me a note when u want to party up.

UConnCeltics
12-19-2012, 08:18 AM
:roll:

Good game by you tho. You were helping out capping flags! The other team had some guys with high KD over 2. I think they were just kill whores. Ill take a win and lots of caps or defends over KD! Next time send me a note when u want to party up.
Yeah, they were all about spawn camping. But I'm not sure I meant to play with you. Wasn't really watching the screen or what buttons I was pushing and next thing I know I'm in a game with you. Yeah, I'll send a note next time.

UConnCeltics
12-21-2012, 10:14 AM
How the hell did you get the Triple Cap thing GoBB? That is the last thing I need for the Domination master thing. I can triple cap in public matches but the mouthbreathing tards can't hold a flag for their life, and I can't defend 3 flags at once.

Edit: I was damn close in a public game. We won the first round 145-29, held all the flags for about 2 and a half minutes. So. Damn. Close.

And another... had a 154-19 game on express. I thought for sure we got it but guess not.

UConnCeltics
12-23-2012, 10:54 AM
Rewatched that 154-19 game, we held all 3 flags for 3 minutes and 13 seconds. But the enemy team took A from 1:56 to 1:46, then again from 1:16 to 1:01. Wow, screw that team.

First Trip Cap: 4:18-1:56 (2:22)
Second Trip Cap: 1:46-1:16 (:30)
Third Trip Cap: 1:01- :40 (:21)

GOBB
12-23-2012, 12:17 PM
No clue how I did it the first time. I knew we held onto the trip cap but time expired in the second round. After that game I dont know if I went to bed played some more or whatever. But next day I logged on and saw I unlocked the trip cap and my friends who I played with the night prior didnt have it. So maybe I got it playing Mercenary Moshpit. But me and my buddies set out to do it and did it two times in a row. I was mad because I couldnt brag about having the cards too long. :oldlol:

We can try tho like I said. Me you and my 2 other buddies can hold it down but when it comes to randoms? Things can get screwed up which makes it tough.

UConnCeltics
12-23-2012, 02:47 PM
We can try tho like I said. Me you and my 2 other buddies can hold it down but when it comes to randoms? Things can get screwed up which makes it tough.
You, me, and that other guy did a pretty good job doing it. I knew when I killed a few at A and called in my stealth chopper that it might happen, and sure as hell it did. Thanks a lot GOBB.

GOBB
12-23-2012, 02:51 PM
You, me, and that other guy did a pretty good job doing it. I knew when I killed a few at A and called in my stealth chopper that it might happen, and sure as hell it did. Thanks a lot GOBB.

No problem. :cheers:

UConnCeltics
12-24-2012, 09:57 AM
Was on the wrong end of a Youtube-type game. We still won by a point or two, but the guy went 74-0 with 3 VSATs, 3 VTOLs, and 3 Swarms.

glidedrxlr22
12-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Some of you guys must be looking forward to fattening up your kills when all the kids open up their copies of Black Ops 2 tomorrow.

EnoughSaid
12-24-2012, 12:43 PM
Anyone on here play on PS3?

Anyway, I'm at level 43, trying to rank up so I can prestige already. :lol Haven't spent any time at all on this game. Been playing too much Assassins Creed 3.

UConnCeltics
12-25-2012, 12:06 PM
Some of you guys must be looking forward to fattening up your kills when all the kids open up their copies of Black Ops 2 tomorrow.
7 VSATs and 4 Warthogs in about 8 games this morning, lol. Warthog is ass though. Like 9 kills with it. 5 more levels until I give dogs a shot.

ihoopallday
12-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Damn, lag has gotten so bad for me. I can barely play this game anymore. I'm starting to think it's gotta be my internet. However, all my other games run very smooth online.

GOBB
12-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Damn, lag has gotten so bad for me. I can barely play this game anymore. I'm starting to think it's gotta be my internet. However, all my other games run very smooth online.

Before picking a game mode. Look at the bottom and you should see an option for net preference or options. On Xbox we click X. Then pick "best net connection" as your choice and try a game mode. Maybe that will help our games.

Also is your NAT type open, moderate, strict?