PDA

View Full Version : derrick rose is not a top 3 player in the league

inclinerator
03-28-2012, 10:33 PM
that includes last year,
wade, lebron, durant are better than him, kobe is probably better than him right now.

Rose is the most overrated player in the league, replace him with wade and the bulls probably get better

I.Malcolm
03-28-2012, 10:34 PM
Rose is the most overrated player in the league, replace him with wade and the bulls probably get better
They'd certainly get more foul calls.

All Net
03-28-2012, 10:41 PM
Who says he is top 3 right now? he is certainly in the 5-7 range though.

Don't see why Rose gets this sudden hate.

TheNaturalWR
03-28-2012, 10:42 PM
Who says he's top 3? :confusedshrug:

Alamo
03-28-2012, 10:42 PM
Haven't really seen anyone call him top 3 recently

inclinerator
03-28-2012, 10:43 PM
im also including last year

Tenchi Ryu
03-28-2012, 10:43 PM
Don't see why Rose gets this sudden hate.
Pretty use to it now...

juju151111
03-28-2012, 10:45 PM
Pretty use to it now...
They mad

Go Getter
03-28-2012, 10:47 PM
Jeremy Lin is not a top 300 player in this league.

LABean
03-28-2012, 10:47 PM
:facepalm @ these fools hating on my boy Rose.

Watch him destroy your boy Lin in the first round.
:hammertime:

Tenchi Ryu
03-28-2012, 10:48 PM
For my personal homer list, I have him at 3 under Lebron and Durant, but realistically, he's definitely considered a top 5 by most.

I'm banking on him challenging Durant's new spot as best if Rose has a superstar level postseason and can grab the ring and FMVP. It did wonders for Dirk.

inclinerator
03-28-2012, 10:51 PM
rose will never be as good of a player as durant

Tenchi Ryu
03-28-2012, 10:53 PM
All he has to do is develop an efficient jumpshot, and he can easily challenge Durant.

With his improving elite PG skills, slashing ability, and a consistent jumper, he can definitely be as good a player.

e-LIMON-ators
03-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Rose is a better player than last year. He is the 2nd best player in the league and I stand by that statement. He is better than Durant. He is injured right now but that doesn't mean that he isn't a top 3 player. Durant is playing better than Rose, I'll give you that but watch come playoff time. He won't be struggling like last year. I think this year's playoffs will show people how good he really is and it will shock people. You can call me a homer, that's fine but if I'm proved wrong, I will admit my mistake. We'll see come playoff time.

Whoah10115
03-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Why make a thread like this?

demons2005
03-28-2012, 11:13 PM
The CP stans have nothing to cheer for because the Clippers suck so they make hate threads about Rose

Undisputed
03-28-2012, 11:13 PM
You guys better get this out of your system now. Rose is getting better and better every day. It's only a matter of time until he's back on the floor hurting haters feelings.

TeamLAC
03-28-2012, 11:14 PM
The CP stans have nothing to cheer for because the Clippers suck so they make hate threads about Rose
:oldlol: :roll: :oldlol:

Jotaro Durant
03-28-2012, 11:15 PM
he never was top 3:biggums:
not even top 5 this season but prolly will be 5th best whenever comes back

jb220
03-28-2012, 11:17 PM
Legit criticisms=hate

Bull fans and their simple mind:oldlol:

Alamo
03-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Legit criticisms=hate

Legit criticisms? :facepalm

demons2005
03-28-2012, 11:20 PM
Legit criticisms=hate

how on earth is the reigning MVP not being top 3 a legit criticism? SO you know better than hundreds of voters who follow basketball for a living?

Jotaro Durant
03-28-2012, 11:23 PM
how on earth is the reigning MVP not being top 3 a legit criticism? SO you know better than hundreds of voters who follow basketball for a living?
so nash was top 3 player when garnett bryant wade nowitzki duncan even shaq were there:biggums:
mvp DOES NOT mean best player in league or entitle u to top 3:biggums:

Tenchi Ryu
03-28-2012, 11:27 PM
Legit criticisms? :facepalm
Was thinking the same thing :oldlol:

Tenchi Ryu
03-28-2012, 11:31 PM
Rose is a better player than last year. He is the 2nd best player in the league and I stand by that statement. He is better than Durant. He is injured right now but that doesn't mean that he isn't a top 3 player. Durant is playing better than Rose, I'll give you that but watch come playoff time. He won't be struggling like last year. I think this year's playoffs will show people how good he really is and it will shock people. You can call me a homer, that's fine but if I'm proved wrong, I will admit my mistake. We'll see come playoff time.
Agree 100%

He's been excellent this year, but its really been hidden due to injuries. Banking on a epic post season run.

All Net
03-28-2012, 11:35 PM
Durant
Westbrook
Rose
Irving

are the leagues future...time for people to get used to it..

Indian guy
03-28-2012, 11:36 PM
Here we go, another boxscore watcher.

The only player in the league today with a legit claim to being better than Rose is Durant. Other than that, there's no other player I'm taking above Rose going into a 7 game series today.

28renyoy
03-28-2012, 11:38 PM

Seeing as Durant lead the league in scoring in the playoffs last year on elite efficiency...

Rose is a great player, potential top 3-5 player for the next decade, but he will never be Durant or LeBron

inclinerator
03-28-2012, 11:39 PM
Here we go, another boxscore watcher.

The only player in the league today with a legit claim to being better than Rose is Durant. Other than that, there's no other player I'm taking above Rose going into a 7 game series today.
lebron was doing what rose did a few years back with a worst team/coach, wade would be better in rose position, kobe with the bulls would probably have beat the heat last year or extended the series to 7. Rose is an inefficient undersized shooting guard, that can get away with being inefficient cuz of the team that he has

ballinhun8
03-28-2012, 11:45 PM
lebron was doing what rose did a few years back with a worst team/coach, wade would be better in rose position, kobe with the bulls would probably have beat the heat last year or extended the series to 7. Rose is an inefficient undersized shooting guard, that can get away with being inefficient cuz of the team that he has

Besides Wade none of those guys did better in their third year.

But seeing ur a Knicks fanu probably don't know much about basketball.

Stern
Durant
Westbrook
Rose
Irving

are the leagues future...time for people to get used to it..
Unibrow will be second best after Durant.

Tenchi Ryu
You really need to watch him this year, and stop using last year ECF as your "proof"

RRR3
03-28-2012, 11:51 PM

LeBron did. 31/7/7 in his 3rd season :bowdown:

28renyoy
03-28-2012, 11:53 PM

Durant 30/8/3 61 TS% and LeBron 31/7/7 56 TS%>>>25/3/8 55 TS%

NumberSix
03-29-2012, 12:45 AM
For my personal homer list, I have him at 3 under Lebron and Durant, but realistically, he's definitely considered a top 5 by most.
I have Rose tied for #5 with Westbrook and i openly troll D-Rose daily.

I'm banking on him challenging Durant's new spot as best if Rose has a superstar level postseason and can grab the ring and FMVP. It did wonders for Dirk.
People need to ease up on the Durant train. Bron, Dwight & Wade are still comfortably better than him. I have KD at #4 myself, but people are really jumping the gun on this one. This is too weird of a season to be making definitive statements about guys moving up over other guys at the top.

SyRyanYang
03-29-2012, 12:58 AM
Who says so? He's not even top5

demons2005
03-29-2012, 01:07 AM
Who says so? He's not even top5
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

sometimes i wish the mods on here weren't so laissez faire

Indian guy
03-29-2012, 01:11 AM
lebron was doing what rose did a few years back with a worst team/coach

What does this have to do with who's better today?

wade would be better in rose position

Maybe a fully healthy Wade, but that's the thing, when is Wade ever fully healthy? He also has odd stretches of games where he just looks disinterested to me. He isn't clutch either.

kobe with the bulls would probably have beat the heat last year or extended the series to 7.

The same Kobe who let Dallas sweep him with home-court last season? Same Kobe who's currently worse in PER and TS%? Kobe has no claim on being better than Rose this season.

Rose is an inefficient undersized shooting guard

He was battling serious back spasms his last 5 games and that killed his efficiency. He had a TS% of .570+ this season otherwise. Was averaging 24/8/57 TS% with peerless clutch play. Don't tell me he isn't a beast.

Dave3
03-29-2012, 01:15 AM
Who says he is top 3 right now?
You don't think it's arguable? I definitely have him top 6 with top 2 being LeBron/Durant then the next 4 being Kobe/Wade/Rose/Dwight interchangeably, so I think he has an argument for that 3rd spot right?

ballinhun8
03-29-2012, 01:55 AM
I was talking also about leadership, team success, personal accolades. So, sorry, dont csre if you agree but Rose MVP and ECF (albeit sub-par) appearance trumps Durant and James "ts" "efg" "drtg" "win shares" eff" whatever stupid crap u wanna throw in also.

CardiacKemba
03-29-2012, 02:10 AM
I can't put him top 3, but he just outside of that for me, he's missed too many games. Had he not missed all those games, he MAY have stamped his authority more on the league. I guess he will have the opportunity in the playoffs if he really wants to show he is in the top 3. I've got LeBron, Durant, Dwight and Wade all above him (in no particular order) and I seriously consider it hard for anyone, including Bulls fans, to realistically argue Rose over any of them. He is on the next tier with Paul, Kobe, Love, Dirk and arguably Westbrook.

Glide2keva
03-29-2012, 07:58 AM
Because it's okay to hate on Rose. They've been doing it since the day he stepped foot in this league.

We're used to it as someone said before.

CardiacKemba
03-29-2012, 08:02 AM
Because it's okay to hate on Rose. They've been doing it since the day he stepped foot in this league.

We're used to it as someone said before.

As I said in that 'why does everyone hate on LeBron thread', where plenty of Bulls fans tore him a new a-hole, people will always find reasons to hate on superstars. It's nothing new, and it won't change.

ILLsmak
03-29-2012, 08:05 AM

I disagree because Rose can ball-handle. He can bring the ball up the court and score. That's very important to have at times in close games.

I'd say Rose is already a better player than Durant.

LeBron is better than Rose... but after that I'd say anyone else you can name you couldn't argue that they were FOR SURE better than Rose.

-Smak

Glide2keva
03-29-2012, 08:08 AM
As I said in that 'why does everyone hate on LeBron thread', where plenty of Bulls fans tore him a new a-hole, people will always find reasons to hate on superstars. It's nothing new, and it won't change.
No, Bulls fans hate lebron because he's a douche bag. Him dancing on the sidelines was completely disrespectful. Plus add in the division rivaly between the Bulls and Cavs and you're going to get that hate.

That's why Bulls fans hate him.

Rose gets hated on for trying to be the best on the floor. He gets hated on because he isn't a douche bag. The list goes on and on.

creepingdeath
03-29-2012, 08:08 AM
Fail thread, captain obvious is obvious.
Random gif:
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/epic-fail-fail-nation-checking-out-the-crown-jewels-fail.gif

pauk
03-29-2012, 08:11 AM

Rose has been injured this season... Rose can overall do more things offensively compared to Durant, but Durant is a better scorer to make up for Rose being a better playmaker for example... defensively they are both equally "bad"/average... its kindof a tie

nathanjizzle
03-29-2012, 08:16 AM
AHHH a nice hate thread right before derrick rose's return. i will bookmark this to bump for future reference when he produces 34 points and 14 assists against okc.

CardiacKemba
03-29-2012, 08:17 AM
No, Bulls fans hate lebron because he's a douche bag. Him dancing on the sidelines was completely disrespectful. Plus add in the division rivaly between the Bulls and Cavs and you're going to get that hate.

That's why Bulls fans hate him.

Rose gets hated on for trying to be the best on the floor. He gets hated on because he isn't a douche bag. The list goes on and on.

He cheated his SATs, no one likes a cheater.

(For the record that was me being a smartarse, I don't like Rose, but like I said, people will always hate on the superstars. Deal with it. Rose is not alone, people also hate on Durant, Love, everyone who may seem 'nice')

alenleomessi
03-29-2012, 08:37 AM
Not even top 7

Glide2keva
03-29-2012, 09:23 AM
He cheated his SATs, no one likes a cheater.And what did Rose do to make you hate him?

(For the record that was me being a smartarse, I don't like Rose, but like I said, people will always hate on the superstars. Deal with it. Rose is not alone, people also hate on Durant, Love, everyone who may seem 'nice')I like Durant, but hate parts of his game. I love his shooting. He's so deadly from anywhere on the floor.

I just hate the thing he does to get FT's. The rip through move where he sticks his hands under the defender and then goes up and flails his arms like he got shot.

Other than that KD is good with me.

I like that Rose is all business and only cares about winning when he is on the court. The league would be a lot better if more players had that attitude.

Teanett
03-29-2012, 09:35 AM
AHHH a nice hate thread right before derrick rose's return. i will bookmark this to bump for future reference when he produces 34 points and 14 assists against okc.

i dont know why people disrespects a player who affects the game on nearly every possession like rose... btw melo>dwight.

Sarcastic
03-29-2012, 09:36 AM
People hate on Rose because his fans try to shove him down everyone's throat as the best player in the league, and the heir apparent to Michael Jordan.

chips93
03-29-2012, 09:39 AM
I just hate the thing he does to get FT's. The rip through move where he sticks his hands under the defender and then goes up and flails his arms like he got shot.

:facepalm

the rip through move doesnt get called anymore

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7329584/nba-alters-emphasis-shooting-fouls-2011-12

Glide2keva
03-29-2012, 09:41 AM
People hate on Rose because his fans try to shove him down everyone's throat as the best player in the league, and the heir apparent to Michael Jordan.
Actually, show us where we have said that?

I would love to see this. Some of those comments are even from Bulls fans, especially the one's that have been here for more than a year. And when do we "shove" him down your throats?

We barely make threads about him. It's people like Celtics4ever that makes threads about him. Most of the threads about Derrick Rose aren't even started by Bulls fans (like this one).

So I don't get hwere this shoving down the throats thing comes in from. If we get excited about something he does, people down it by throwing in CP3, or it used to be Rondo, or D-Will or anyone else.

But if we hate on those players, we're "annoying". Such a double standard.

cteach111
03-29-2012, 09:41 AM

can you find posts that support this?

Glide2keva
03-29-2012, 09:42 AM

the rip through move doesnt get called anymore

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7329584/nba-alters-emphasis-shooting-fouls-2011-12
I know, they changed it, but for the first few years of his career he was allowed ot do it. I was happy with the rule change.

I appreciate him more as a player now because he is doing more on the court than just shooting jumpers and trolling for FT's

Glide2keva
03-29-2012, 09:43 AM
I'm still waiting myself. Because I haven't seen it. Maybe from some trolls, but not from Bulls/Rose fans.

Sarcastic
03-29-2012, 09:49 AM

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=247993

Sarcastic
03-29-2012, 09:56 AM
Rose stans also say that Rose is better than Lebron. Anyone with 2 eyes can clearly see that is not true either.

Sarcastic
03-29-2012, 10:01 AM
Wow. Where did everyone go? I showed proof, and everyone runs away? :lol

Glide2keva
03-29-2012, 10:03 AM
Actually read the posts by actual Bulls fans in this thread you put up.

stop posting rose threads

Bulls fans do not and will not co-sign this. We don't even know who the OP is.

This thread was NOT started by a Bulls fan.

No one is the next MJ. Kobe Bryant is a cheap imitation while also being the closest thing we have seen at the same time.

Rose is certainly looking like he is next up to be the undisputed best player in the game.

People keep saying Lebron but dude is in his 9th season, no chip yet, and openly chose to go from Batman to Robin.

Rose is the next in line to the throne with Kevin Durant about even or a smudge behind.

No.

If you want to bring the similarities in with some of the crazy layups Rose does is similar to what Jordan did, then yeah, but as a complete player? Fck no!

Rose is Rose, and isn't anywhere near as talented as MJ was. Rose does have some crazy motivation though, and that will make him one of the greats, but definitely not MJ level.

So what were you saying again?

Glide2keva
03-29-2012, 10:03 AM
Wow. Where did everyone go? I showed proof, and everyone runs away? :lol
Who ran?

Sarcastic
03-29-2012, 10:04 AM
Actually read the posts by actual Bulls fans in this thread you put up.

So what were you saying again?

Im saying this not because im a Rose homer but this is the plain truth.

:rolleyes:

My first post didn't say anything about Bulls fans. I said Rose fans.

Glide2keva
03-29-2012, 10:11 AM
:rolleyes:

My first post didn't say anything about Bulls fans. I said Rose fans.No one even knows who this guy is. He's an idiot that trolled the board. Also, to clarify. Most Rose fans are Bulls fans. He probably has one of the highest percentages of fans that are fans of the team on this board. So when you say things like that about Rose fans, you're indirectly saying that about Bulls fans.

Also, way to move the goal posts.

:applause:

Sarcastic
03-29-2012, 10:14 AM
I did not move goal posts. You did. Go read what I wrote, word for word.

Glide2keva
03-29-2012, 10:19 AM
People hate on Rose because his fans try to shove him down everyone's throat as the best player in the league, and the heir apparent to Michael Jordan.You said his fans. We are his fans, so you're talking about us.

What did I miss? :confusedshrug:

Sarcastic
03-29-2012, 10:23 AM
You said his fans. We are his fans, so you're talking about us.

What did I miss? :confusedshrug:

I never said the word "Bulls". If I did, then I would have moved the goal posts. I specifically said Rose fans.

Glide2keva
03-29-2012, 10:26 AM
I never said the word "Bulls". If I did, then I would have moved the goal posts. I specifically said Rose fans.

Again, most Rose fans ARE Bulls fans, so you really can't single out one for the other. That's what you're not hearing. Most of the Rose fans were Bulls fans before Rose even got here. So when you say Rose fans, you're still talking about Bulls fans and you're going to offend people because we don't go out of our way to praise Rose as much as people like to say we do.

That's what you're not getting.

There's a few guys like Celtics4ever that claim to be Rose fans, but us Bulls/Rose fans don't even take them seriously.

Sarcastic
03-29-2012, 10:29 AM
Again, most Rose fans ARE Bulls fans, so you really can't single out one for the other. That's what you're not hearing. Most of the Rose fans were Bulls fans before Rose even got here. So when you say Rose fans, you're still talking about Bulls fans and you're going to offend people because we don't go out of our way to praise Rose as much as people like to say we do.

There's a few guys like Celtics4ever that claim to be Rose fans, but us Bulls/Rose fans don't even take them seriously.

More:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113178

guy
03-29-2012, 10:34 AM

Well he kind of is the heir apparent to Jordan from the Bulls' perspective since he's the first big superstar they've had since Jordan. That doesn't mean people think he's the next Jordan or as good as him. I haven't heard anyone in their right mind say that. Rose is to Jordan for the Bulls like Kobe is to Magic for the Lakers.

cteach111
03-29-2012, 10:35 AM
i read through that thread Sarcastic posted. I think I counted 3 Rose stans... kobeDAbest, Celtics4ever, and tgan3

I think some people try really hard to find anything out about a player to create hate. If Rose has a few stans, then it's a grounds to hate on him.

I suppose there are other more legit grounds like the whole SATs fiasco, but I've always restricted my gripes about players to what they do and how they carry themselves on the court.

To be fair, I'll be on the hate side just this once on Rose with the Knicks@Bulls game. I thought he was somewhat dragging the team down with the complaints the referees. I've never seen him more diva-ish than in that game. He sort of looked like Wade out there at times.

Sarcastic
03-29-2012, 10:35 AM

Is Bigsmoke a Bulls fans? :confusedshrug:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5823367&postcount=2

Glide2keva
03-29-2012, 10:36 AM
More:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113178
Context.

This was from almost 4 years ago and the next Michael jordan reference in this case, refers to him being the Bulls next best player. Not him being the next GOAT.

And this is a reach to find something from almost 4 years ago.

But hey, if you want to use it, go right ahead.

Glide2keva
03-29-2012, 10:37 AM
Is Bigsmoke a Bulls fans? :confusedshrug:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5823367&postcount=2
No, but he's an idiot, so why take him seriously?

Come on man, you're better than that.

Sarcastic
03-29-2012, 10:43 AM
No, but he's an idiot, so why take him seriously?

Come on man, you're better than that.

Whatever. I don't even hate Rose. He's one of the most athletic players in the league and a joy to watch.

I hate the Bulls, but that's a different story.

Tenchi Ryu
03-29-2012, 10:44 AM
And as a Bulls fan, that thread Sarcastic posted was absolutely turrible...
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

ballinhun8
03-29-2012, 10:44 AM
Sarcastic is really reachong there.

Even he don't believe the stuff he is writing.

When you look at Bulls game threads you'll see Bulls fans who also, hey. hsppen to be Rose fans. But we are not the ones creating dumb threads. That's guys like stateofmind, Celtics4ever, demons, guys who you don't see in the bulls forum.

But reaching for a conanrules thread that he created a month after Rose came into the league, if that's your evidence, by all means, go.

Glide2keva
03-29-2012, 10:45 AM
Whatever. I don't even hate Rose. He's one of the most athletic players in the league and a joy to watch.

I hate the Bulls, but that's a different story.
You're Knicks fan, right? So hating the Bulls is understandable. I hate the Knicks for much of the same reasons. Espcially after that 1992 ECSF series.

That was a war.

Glide2keva
03-29-2012, 10:48 AM
Sarcastic is really reachong there.

Even he don't believe the stuff he is writing.

When you look at Bulls game threads you'll see Bulls fans who also, hey. hsppen to be Rose fans. But we are not the ones creating dumb threads. That's guys like stateofmind, Celtics4ever, demons, guys who you don't see in the bulls forum.

But reaching for a conanrules thread that he created a month after Rose came into the league, if that's your evidence, by all means, go.
That's what I'm saying.

I love how people say these things about us but then have go and find old threads or threads not even started by real Rose/Bulls fans to validate their point. We keep telling them, it isn't us, bt they lump us in with the trolls who only want to get a rise out of the board.

Funny how they fall for it every time.

Tenchi Ryu
03-29-2012, 10:55 AM
That's what I'm saying.

I love how people say these things about us but then have go and find old threads or threads not even started by real Rose/Bulls fans to validate their point. We keep telling them, it isn't us, bt they lump us in with the trolls who only want to get a rise out of the board.

Funny how they fall for it every time.
When is the last time we even MADE a thread in this general forum related to the Bulls or Rose?! The thread I just made was about hot bitches in the WNBA :roll: :roll: :roll:

Go Getter
03-29-2012, 10:58 AM
Knicks fans have nothing fun to do now that their circus show is over and their stars are playing like shit so what else can they do that's worthwhile besides throw barbs at the team they wish they could be?

Sarcastic
03-29-2012, 10:59 AM
Look, you guys asked for some type of proof, so I showed you some type of proof. If you want to discredit the originators of those threads, that's fine by me. I am just saying that the Rose hype has at points been too strong, and that turns people off.

As a Knicks fan, I hate the Jeremy Lin hype. I am happy that he is a good player and he is on my team, but I hated seeing the entire front page filled with Lin threads.

PyrrhusX
03-29-2012, 11:03 AM

A sane individual :bowdown:
I hope he comes back 100%

All Net
03-29-2012, 11:08 AM
You don't think it's arguable? I definitely have him top 6 with top 2 being LeBron/Durant then the next 4 being Kobe/Wade/Rose/Dwight interchangeably, so I think he has an argument for that 3rd spot right?

It is arguable when heathly yes... Only lebron and durant to me are clearly better. But this season dwight has been better and you could argue Kobe has too.

Glide2keva
03-29-2012, 11:10 AM
When is the last time we even MADE a thread in this general forum related to the Bulls or Rose?! The thread I just made was about hot bitches in the WNBA :roll: :roll: :roll:
This is what I'm saying.

Glide2keva
03-29-2012, 11:13 AM
Look, you guys asked for some type of proof, so I showed you some type of proof. If you want to discredit the originators of those threads, that's fine by me. I am just saying that the Rose hype has at points been too strong, and that turns people off.I just had to clarify your points. Al the hype wasn't coming from real Bulls/Rose fans. But from trolls trying to get a rise out of the board. And plus, most of the Rose threads are usually hate threads, so who is really hyping him?

As a Knicks fan, I hate the Jeremy Lin hype. I am happy that he is a good player and he is on my team, but I hated seeing the entire front page filled with Lin threads.I'm glad you said that because the Lin hype was just way overboard. Rose NEVER got that level of hype and yet I don't see anyone calling Knicks fans annoying for hyping Lin so much.

Lin pretty much got love from all NBA fans. Rose can't say the same.

Go Getter
03-29-2012, 11:14 AM
Look, you guys asked for some type of proof, so I showed you some type of proof. If you want to discredit the originators of those threads, that's fine by me. I am just saying that the Rose hype has at points been too strong, and that turns people off.

As a Knicks fan, I hate the Jeremy Lin hype. I am happy that he is a good player and he is on my team, but I hated seeing the entire front page filled with Lin threads.

The difference is Rose responded to his hype by leading the Bulls into becoming one of the best teams in the league (ROY, MVP, breaking Jordan records, 62 win season). Lin hasn't done shit.

Go Getter
03-29-2012, 11:16 AM
I just had to clarify your points. Al the hype wasn't coming from real Bulls/Rose fans. But from trolls trying to get a rise out of the board. And plus, most of the Rose threads are usually hate threads, so who is really hyping him?

I'm glad you said that because the Lin hype was just way overboard. Rose NEVER got that level of hype and yet I don't see anyone calling Knicks fans annoying for hyping Lin so much.

Lin pretty much got love from all NBA fans. Rose can't say the same.
Why are you justifying yourself to a Knick's fan? The Rose hype will always be too much for him because he's jealous. I would be too if I were him.

ShaqAttack3234
03-29-2012, 11:20 AM
Rose is borderline top 5 to me. Same as last year. I never overreacted to the Bulls success without him because I said all along that his cast was better than given credit for, and also because some of their wins were against weak teams.

In fact, I like Rose better than last year, I think his court vision and decision making have been better.

But to me, the clear top 4 are Lebron, Durant, Dwight and Wade. Last year it was Lebron, Dwight, Dirk and Wade. So no higher than top 5, but you could argue him that high, imo. There are a few others that are debatable in that top 5 spot such as Kobe, and I wouldn't write Dirk off either, he's been playing like himself for a while now after the slow start. I'd also have Durant over Rose in '11, so not top 5 last year, imo, but debatable.

I don't really see the point in this thread, the majority on these boards don't have him top 3.

Glide2keva
03-29-2012, 11:20 AM
Why are you justifying yourself to a Knick's fan? The Rose hype will always be too much for him because he's jealous. I would be too if I were him.
Because he was actually being civil. I meet civility with civility.

nathanjizzle
03-29-2012, 11:21 AM

who the **** is tjan, ive never even seen him post before.

Glide2keva
03-29-2012, 11:21 AM
Rose is borderline top 5 to me. Same as last year. I never overreacted to the Bulls success without him because I said all along that his cast was better than given credit for, and also because some of their wins were against weak teams.

In fact, I like Rose better than last year, I think his court vision and decision making have been better.

But to me, the clear top 4 are Lebron, Durant, Dwight and Wade. Last year it was Lebron, Dwight, Dirk and Wade. So no higher than top 5, but you could argue him that high, imo. There are a few others that are debatable in that top 5 spot such as Kobe, and I wouldn't write Dirk off either, he's been playing like himself for a while now after the slow start. I'd also have Durant over Rose in '11, so not top 5 last year, imo, but debatable.

I don't really see the point in this thread, the majority on these boards don't have him top 3.

It's just another Rose hate thread. Nothing to see here.

Glide2keva
03-29-2012, 11:22 AM
who the **** is tjan, ive never even seen him post before.
I know. Sad actually.

Teanett
03-29-2012, 11:22 AM
You're Knicks fan, right? So hating the Bulls is understandable. I hate the Knicks for much of the same reasons. Espcially after that 1992 ECSF series.

That was a war.
:cheers:
jordan and x-man "fack you!"
good times...

Glide2keva
03-29-2012, 11:26 AM
jordan and x-man "fack you!"
good times...
Yes seriously. Those were the days, Tough hard nosed bully ball.

I remember watching the Knicks in their first round series and I thought, damn these guys are for real this year. The Bulls made a habit of beating them, but it wasn't going to be a sweep like in 1991. The series went through seven tough games.

That series to me defined playoff basketball.

Glide2keva
03-29-2012, 11:37 AM
Oh look, another Rose hate thread!

Yet we're the annoying ones and shoving Rose down everyones throats.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257619

Indian guy
03-29-2012, 11:43 AM
and you could argue Kobe has too.

I don't see how Kobe has an argument for being better than Rose this season. Worse numbers. Worse record. Where's the 'argument'?

Go Getter
03-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Because he was actually being civil. I meet civility with civility.
They always come with that dumb shit though.

"Bulls fans make me hate Rose"
"____ fans shove so-and-so down our throats"
"____ hype is too strong"

How does one distinguish a "true" Bulls fan from a troll and a band-wagoner?

How can you accurately gauge hype?

Most importantly, why is sarcastic, a Knick's fan, even concerned with Rose who is resting quietly on the bench?

Posters have been making anti-Rose, look how good the Bulls are without him, is Deng the best player, the Bulls are all defense, threads for weeks.

sarcastic knows you're a Bull's fan and he knows that regular posters like him, you, and I should not be held responsible for hype.

I didn't hold him, Rowe, niko, etc responsible for the Lin hype that bubbled out of control and was way more overblown seeing as though Rose is actually on pace to be the 2nd-3rd best Bull of all-time.

The Knick's are a franchise built on hype, glamor, and a ritzy city.....it's definitely ain't built around great basketball.

So until the Knick's actually put together a respectable product I ain't takin' no guff from their fans about my team, our fans, and our hype.

Alamo
03-29-2012, 01:11 PM
He's a top 5 player. Not that overrated. While some people are considering Jeremy Lin an elite PG he's not even a top 10 PG. That's overrated.

Pointguard
03-29-2012, 01:12 PM
They always come with that dumb shit though.

"Bulls fans make me hate Rose"
"____ fans shove so-and-so down our throats"
"____ hype is too strong"

How does one distinguish a "true" Bulls fan from a troll and a band-wagoner?

How can you accurately gauge hype?

Most importantly, why is sarcastic, a Knick's fan, even concerned with Rose who is resting quietly on the bench?

Posters have been making anti-Rose, look how good the Bulls are without him, is Deng the best player, the Bulls are all defense, threads for weeks.

sarcastic knows you're a Bull's fan and he knows that regular posters like him, you, and I should not be held responsible for hype.

I didn't hold him, Rowe, niko, etc responsible for the Lin hype that bubbled out of control and was way more overblown seeing as though Rose is actually on pace to be the 2nd-3rd best Bull of all-time.

The Knick's are a franchise built on hype, glamor, and a ritzy city.....it's definitely ain't built around great basketball.

So until the Knick's actually put together a respectable product I ain't takin' no guff from their fans about my team, our fans, and our hype.
That was confusing. Sarcastic is an individual and he was talking about Rose, not the Bulls. I find Sarcastic's position a lot more bearable than that LA guy who talks about the SAT's all the time - I mean that's just pure hate. I love Rose but he isn't top 3 this year - and I defend him as or much as anybody here... The SAT stuff is crap.

Glide2keva
03-29-2012, 01:14 PM
That was confusing. Sarcastic is an individual and he was talking about Rose, not the Bulls. I find Sarcastic's position a lot more bearable than that LA guy who talks about the SAT's all the time - I mean that's just pure hate. I love Rose but he isn't top 3 this year - and I defend him as or much as anybody here... The SAT stuff is crap.

Pharcyde
03-29-2012, 01:50 PM
Derrick Rose is a good basketball player .

Glide2keva
03-29-2012, 02:07 PM
Derrick Rose is a good basketball player .
/thread

TheMan
03-29-2012, 02:26 PM
Legit criticisms=hate

Where's the legit criticism, the OP states his opinion without showing any evidence to back up his claim. It's his opinion that Rose is overrated, it's my opinion the OP is a hateful troll
IMO, Rose is top a 5 player, pretty damn good for a 23 year old who will only get better as he's nowhere near his prime yet.

Legends66NBA7
03-29-2012, 03:36 PM
He'll reclaim his spot as Top PG in the league, come playoff time.

:pimp:

RRR3
03-29-2012, 03:38 PM
He'll reclaim his spot as Top PG in the league, come playoff time.

http://philadunkia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/cp3.jpg

Glide2keva
03-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Yeah, he;s got that spot on lock, oh wait.

Nevermind.

StateOfMind12
03-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Whoever claimed Rose was a top 3 player in the league in the first place? :confusedshrug: I don't and I am a Bulls fan but I do think Rose is top 5 player in the league.

Durant
Lebron
Howard
Wade

I think Rose gets that 5th spot although Westbrook and Love are climbing and climbing fast for it.

derb2k2
03-29-2012, 03:40 PM
he's a great player and one to be reckoned with when it's time. But he's not top 3 quality. Mad respect for him though.

RRR3
03-29-2012, 03:40 PM

Nevermind.
He's still the best PG.

Glide2keva
03-29-2012, 03:41 PM
He's still the best PG.
Sure.

Legends66NBA7
03-29-2012, 03:42 PM

Nah, Rose will take them further and if they meet... Rose if going to eat his lunch, again.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2011-12/67085237.jpg

And honestly, I don't get what's the big deal with Paul...Sure he's a Top 3 PG, but I think Rose and Westbrook are more comparable. Both of them do more on both ends of the floor. Paul's defense hasn't been that good this year, IMO.

RRR3
03-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Sure.
Exactly what makes Rose better? Because he scores a few more points a game? :rolleyes: Chris Paul can score too, he doesn't look to score nearly as much as Rose does though. As it is, he's still putting up around 20 PPG on great efficiency. CP3 is a better passer/playmaker, ballhandler, shooter, rebounder, defender, and has a higher Bball IQ.

RRR3
03-29-2012, 03:44 PM
Nah, Rose will take them further and if they meet... Rose if going to eat his lunch, again.

http://nbcprobasketballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/610x-122.jpeg?w=317.png

And honestly, I don't get what's the big deal with Paul...Sure he's a Top 3 PG, but I think Rose and Westbrook are more comparable. Both of them do more on both ends of the floor. Paul's defense hasn't been that good this year, IMO.
Since when is Rose a notable defender? :biggums: Westbrook plays defense when he feels like it. Also Westbrook is just as good as Rose IMO, not seeing what makes Rose so much better like people keep claiming.

ballinhun8
03-29-2012, 03:45 PM

Nevermind.

Oh damn its 2008 again!!!??

Word, I'm 21 again and got less debt in my life.

Thanks alot man.

All Net
03-29-2012, 03:45 PM
Still think you could say he is top 4 when heathly or will be soon as Wade starts to decline.

RRR3
03-29-2012, 03:46 PM
Oh damn its 2008 again!!!??

Word, I'm 21 again and got less debt in my life.

Thanks alot man.
This bullshit again :facepalm Paul isn't injured anymore, sure he's not the same athlete as before, but his impact is still amazing. He's still the best PG, no one should care if he doesn't do fancy layups.

Legends66NBA7
03-29-2012, 03:49 PM
Since when is Rose a notable defender? Westbrook plays defense when he feels like it. Also Westbrook is just as good as Rose IMO, not seeing what makes Rose so much better like people keep claiming.

Rose definitely has played better defense (when he has played...) this year than before, dude moves his feet well and tries to contest many shots.

Westbrook has actually played pretty solid defense, for the most part.

I do think Westbrook, since he's been playing more out there, has been better than Rose.

As for Paul, dude has way more offensive options than Rose. Though, the Bulls pass the ball well as a team and the Thunder good one on one options.

RRR3
03-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Rose definitely has played better defense (when he has played...) this year than before, dude moves his feet well and tries to contest many shots.

Westbrook has actually played pretty solid defense, for the most part.

I do think Westbrook, since he's been playing more out there, has been better than Rose.

As for Paul, dude has way more offensive options than Rose. Though, the Bulls pass the ball well as a team and the Thunder good one on one options.
He has Blake Griffin, yes, who else is particularly notable? Chauncey Billups is done for the year, Deandre Jordan only scores of lobs, Randy Foye has a good game every blue moon, Caron Butler hasn't been very good, and Nick Young is still adjusting to the team. Mo Williams is a good scorer, but he's not in the game with CP3 that often.

(e)
03-29-2012, 03:58 PM
He's better than Wade if you ask me; at worst they're definitely on the same level.

Durant, Lebron, and Howard are all better than him. I'd say Kobe is too. I have Rose as the 5th best player in the league, although he hasn't had a top 5 season this year since he's missed so many games.

Legends66NBA7
03-29-2012, 04:02 PM
He has Blake Griffin, yes, who else is particularly notable? Chauncey Billups is done for the year, Deandre Jordan only scores of lobs, Randy Foye has a good game every blue moon, Caron Butler hasn't been very good, and Nick Young is still adjusting to the team. Mo Williams is a good scorer, but he's not in the game with CP3 that often.

I think Griffin is the main notable, yes, 20/10 a night.

I was basically meaning the shooters on that team and if Billups gets back as well.

The difference between both teams is that the Bulls pass more as a unit, better than anyone else in the league.

Otherwise, the Bulls haven't had a healthy roster to have a complete scoring arsneal out there. I mean Rip Hamilton hasn't played in forever. Deng's been hurt and hasn't been that good on offense. C.J. Watson is a shooter, but is clearly bench player and doesn't play with Rose often. Ronnie Brewer isn't a great starting SG at all and who knows when John Lucas is going to have another game like he did vs Miami.

So the passing as a team is really the main difference between the Clippers vs the Bulls on offense. It's the defense that really sets the two teams apart, which I also believe Rose was better than Paul on defense too...

derb2k2
03-29-2012, 06:49 PM
He's better than Wade if you ask me; at worst they're definitely on the same level.

Durant, Lebron, and Howard are all better than him. I'd say Kobe is too. I have Rose as the 5th best player in the league, although he hasn't had a top 5 season this year since he's missed so many games.

ROFL

Go Getter
03-29-2012, 07:36 PM
1. Why is Rose's rank even a topic when he is hurt and why do Knicks fans care?
2. Dude still acts like Bulls fans hype Rose, which is funny when you look at the Lin situation.
3. Your ranking doesn't make it gospel. Player ranking is a waste of time imo.

nathanjizzle
03-29-2012, 07:38 PM
ROFL

:roll: at you thinking wade is better than rose.

chips93
03-29-2012, 07:43 PM
2. Dude still acts like Bulls fans hype Rose, which is funny when you look at the Lin situation.

the vast majority of lin hype was done in irony, and from general fans of the league, not just knick fans

Tenchi Ryu
03-29-2012, 08:20 PM
:roll: at you thinking wade is better than rose.
I swear, just what in the hell has Wade done this season better than Rose to make him "clear-cut" better? What, his high FG% due to easy ass half-court cherry picked lobs?
:facepalm :facepalm

Crystallas
03-29-2012, 08:23 PM
that includes last year,
wade, lebron, durant are better than him, kobe is probably better than him right now.

http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/12/46/88/94/12501510.jpg

Pointguard
03-29-2012, 11:19 PM
1. Why is Rose's rank even a topic when he is hurt and why do Knicks fans care?
3. Your ranking doesn't make it gospel. Player ranking is a waste of time imo.
I didn't realize Inclinerator was a Knick fan. But he and Sarcastic are two individuals. Most of the Rose haters seem to come from Miami so I thought it weird you called out Knick fans. As Chips states above, Lin is hyped by fans across the board. Knick fans like whoever is making them win. Yeah, folks don't have to rank, but sometimes we do.

LBJMVP
03-29-2012, 11:39 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/559177_403971872964676_367810133247517_1438685_543 727349_n.jpg

NumberSix
03-29-2012, 11:56 PM
He's better than Wade if you ask me
Nobody did. :no: phaggit

MASH Transit
03-30-2012, 12:28 AM
1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Dwayne Wade
4. Chris Paul
5. Dwight Howard
6. Kevin Love