PDA

View Full Version : Kobe needs to get his act together..

N0Skillz
03-30-2012, 02:37 AM
Tired of watching him fail over and over again. It doesnt even look like he's playing with any motivation at all. Really don't want to keep watching this. He needs to fckn retire if he doesn't want to give real effort.

I've sat through all most every game this season and now its just getting really tiring seeing this Kobe. He's not that old yet, and he can still play on a high level but it just looks like he doesnt care anymore. I'm a HUUUUUUUUGE Kobe fan and all of you know that, but what is this shit i've been seeing?

He needs to get off his 5 championship high horse and create some chemistry in this team that looks like they don't even know each others first names.

SunsCaptain
03-30-2012, 02:40 AM
Dudes been playing the exact same way his entire career....I guess more people are seeing it....

:rant

Celtic_Pride
03-30-2012, 02:41 AM
Scoring records have gotten into his head and there is no Phil/Fish to stop him

RoseCity07
03-30-2012, 02:43 AM
Kobe's got to roll back the clock 4 years. It's not happening. His body has worn down.

Deuce Bigalow
03-30-2012, 02:44 AM
Worst shooting season of Kobe's career. 46 eFG%.

Get it together

RazorBaLade
03-30-2012, 02:47 AM
playooooooooffs

:kobe:

shadow
03-30-2012, 02:48 AM
case of emptying the gun too early. He started the season hot, doesn't have the legs to finish. A lot of his games follow the same pattern. He'll start shooting 60-70% in the first half, end up shooting 45-50% which looks decent except it means he tanked the second half to bring his avg that far down.

blacknapalm
03-30-2012, 02:55 AM
brown needs to stop playing him so many minutes. maybe even sit him a game or two, pop style. he's been in the league since 18 and has plenty of mileage and playoff minutes. it is what it is. father time is undefeated. he's been in steady decline since 09-10 and those bad shooting nights are happening more frequently. i get the feeling he's getting close to hitting that KG type wall that he's hit in the last couple seasons

LA being no threat from downtown is a major factor too. defenders just pack the paint and force him to take tough contested jumpers. in the post, the spacing is terrible

cotdt
03-30-2012, 02:56 AM
he's been playing too many minutes

andgar923
03-30-2012, 02:57 AM
Dudes been playing the exact same way his entire career....I guess more people are seeing it....

Basically this.

masonx20
03-30-2012, 03:05 AM
Kobe's too selfish forcing dumb azz shots when clearly teamates like ramon sessions is open. The Lakers will never win another championship as long as kobe keeps playing like now, Matt Barnes continue playing like a scrub, mwp continue taking impossible 3's, coach brown continues playing mc roberts instead of troy murphy, steve blake missing 3's, Andrew Bynum struggle against big men like perkins, 2nd unit continues with low point production.

SunsCaptain
03-30-2012, 03:08 AM
Kobe's too selfish forcing dumb azz shots when clearly teamates like ramon sessions is open. The Lakers will never win another championship as long as kobe keeps playing like now, Matt Barnes continue playing like a scrub, mwp continue taking impossible 3's, coach brown continues playing mc roberts instead of troy murphy, steve blake missing 3's, Andrew Bynum struggle against big men like perkins, 2nd unit continues with low point production.

I said last year they would need to trade Kobe while his value is high in order to be a good team again... All they did this year is let the trade deadline pass and continue to watch Kobe suffer...More and more people are taking notice and sooner or later you wont even be able to trade him...Unless he changes his personality.

selrahc
03-30-2012, 03:09 AM
I said last year they would need to trade Kobe while his value is high in order to be a good team again... All they did this year is let the trade deadline pass and continue to watch Kobe suffer...More and more people are taking notice and sooner or later you wont even be able to trade him...Unless he changes his personality.

he has a no trade clause

masonx20
03-30-2012, 03:10 AM
one more thing, coach brown is a dumb azz he was successful with the cavs because of lebron. why is this guy gonna play mc roberts over troy murphy mc roberts' just another anderson varejao lakers got defense they just need better offense which mc roberts can't contribute. mike brown is a fraud coach when the lakers are struggling he has no plan B like how the cavs got their azz whoop by celtics in the playoffs and he can't do sh*t about it. Lakers could've done better with rick adelman.

blacknapalm
03-30-2012, 03:12 AM
one more thing, coach brown is a dumb azz he was successful with the cavs because of lebron. why is this guy gonna play mc roberts of troy murphy mc roberts' just another anderson varejao lakers got defense they just need better offense which mc roberts can't contribute. mike brown is a fraud coach when the lakers are struggling he has no plan B like like how the cavs got their azz whoop by celtics in the playoffs and he can't do sh*t about it. Lakers could've done better with rick adelman.

so we should go to troy murphy for offense? :lol he's a horrible defender, dude. he's still the least of their problems. i agree w/ you on the adelman part

SunsCaptain
03-30-2012, 03:13 AM
he has a no trade clause

Ah, sneaky bastard! lol jk so whats his contract ill look it up if no1 tells me first.

Deuce Bigalow
03-30-2012, 03:14 AM

Kobe has a couple of seasons of over .500 eFG%, and a bunch over .480 eFG%.
Right now he is at his career worst .460 eFG%, so no he hasn't been doing this his whole career.

masonx20
03-30-2012, 03:15 AM
Troy's ok with defense but mcrobert is horrible with offense at least troy could hit long range shots. troy's much better in pick-n-roll offense compared to mcroberts since the guy can knock down shots.

so we should go to troy murphy for offense? :lol he's a horrible defender, dude. he's still the least of their problems. i agree w/ you on the adelman part

masonx20
03-30-2012, 03:17 AM
i almost forget i think kobe's stress he misses vanessa's latina azz.

Kobe 4 The Win
03-30-2012, 03:30 AM
Kobe's FG% this year is atrocious. There was a pint a while back when he got hot for a while and his percentages started to climb but then he started shooting like shit. I don't understand how he can make some of the insane shot that I've seen him hit this year and then put up so many bricks. WTF?

I<3NBA
03-30-2012, 04:04 AM
Ah, sneaky bastard! lol jk so whats his contract ill look it up if no1 tells me first.
he has a no-trade clause. only way Lakers get rid of him if they amnesty him or waive him. and Lakers aren't that stupid dropping Kobe for nothing. imo, they should just put him in the doghouse and see how they play without Kobe. that would be hitting 2 birds with one stone. one, it'll give Kobe rest. two, the team will experience how to play team ball.

Knoe Itawl
03-30-2012, 11:47 AM
case of emptying the gun too early. He started the season hot, doesn't have the legs to finish. A lot of his games follow the same pattern. He'll start shooting 60-70% in the first half, end up shooting 45-50% which looks decent except it means he tanked the second half to bring his avg that far down.

He's shoting like 41% for the season, so I don't know where you get this "He'll end up shooting 45-50% for the game stuff.

hawkfan
03-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Tired of watching him fail over and over again. It doesnt even look like he's playing with any motivation at all. Really don't want to keep watching this. He needs to fckn retire if he doesn't want to give real effort.

I've sat through all most every game this season and now its just getting really tiring seeing this Kobe. He's not that old yet, and he can still play on a high level but it just looks like he doesnt care anymore. I'm a HUUUUUUUUGE Kobe fan and all of you know that, but what is this shit i've been seeing?

He needs to get off his 5 championship high horse and create some chemistry in this team that looks like they don't even know each others first names.

:coleman:

kileer7
03-30-2012, 11:59 AM
:facepalm I don't know what's so surprising Kobe's always been this way, however, now he no longer has a team winning a lot of games to cover up for him.

I'm quite glad that I make comments and then never read the responses, because I frankly don't care about 99.9% the comments on here, I'm only interested in giving my thoughts. So type, away Kobe nation, type away, I won't even revisit this thread let alone read your responses. Or bang away :banghead:

InfiniteBaskets
03-30-2012, 12:09 PM
Has his mid range shooting percentages actually gone down or is it relatively consistent from year to year? It seems like this year he's just shooting jumpers a lot more and not attacking the basket as much. Obviously due to him getting older and slower, but if his shooting percentage for mid range is always around 40-45% and he's not getting gimme buckets, then yeah I don't see why this is such a huge shock. LeBron would probably also average 40-45% if he didn't get such easy baskets in the paint due to his strength/quickness.

Chrono90
03-30-2012, 12:13 PM
im a kobe fan n i do agree

TheMan
03-30-2012, 12:22 PM
And AlphaWolf24 keeps saying shit like "if Kobe gets 2 more NBA titles and FMVPs, he'll be the GOAT:bowdown: "...:lol

Kobe has an enormous amount of mileage, I would be surprised if he even gets to another NBA Finals, IT IS NOT A GIVEN HE'LL EVER GET THERE AGAIN, you dumb Kobe kids.:facepalm There are too many younger and hungrier players right now waiting in the wings.

Nick Young
03-30-2012, 12:58 PM
http://oi42.tinypic.com/15gdmz7.jpg

TheMarkMadsen
03-30-2012, 01:39 PM
:facepalm I don't know what's so surprising Kobe's always been this way, however, now he no longer has a team winning a lot of games to cover up for him.

I'm quite glad that I make comments and then never read the responses, because I frankly don't care about 99.9% the comments on here, I'm only interested in giving my thoughts. So type, away Kobe nation, type away, I won't even revisit this thread let alone read your responses. Or bang away :banghead:

You go on an internet DISCUSSION board only to give your opinion and have no interest on any different views of the topic?

Teach me to be as cool as you :bowdown:

talkingconch
03-30-2012, 01:40 PM
i almost forget i think kobe's stress he misses vanessa's latina azz.
http://designpro-seo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Cat-Breading18.jpg

NumberSix
03-30-2012, 01:41 PM
http://oi42.tinypic.com/15gdmz7.jpg
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m14xor0sou1qi03mi.gif

But you don't hear me though

LA_Showtime
03-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Last night was the first time where Kobe's binge shooting really bothered me. It was annoying before, but I can see Kobe's selfishness rubbing off on Bynum. There were points during the second half where Kobe and Bynum literally traded off isolation plays. There was one play where Bynum got an offensive rebound, could've kicked it out for an open three, but chose to face up his man and try and take him off the dribble. He ended up passing to Artest, but he only did so because two or three defenders collapsed on him. Kobe is setting a bad precedent, and quite frankly this team isn't fun watching anymore.

Knoe Itawl
03-30-2012, 01:58 PM
Last night was the first time where Kobe's binge shooting really bothered me. It was annoying before, but I can see Kobe's selfishness rubbing off on Bynum. There were points during the second half where Kobe and Bynum literally traded off isolation plays. There was one play where Bynum got an offensive rebound, could've kicked it out for an open three, but chose to face up his man and try and take him off the dribble. He ended up passing to Artest, but he only did so because two or three defenders collapsed on him. Kobe is setting a bad precedent, and quite frankly this team isn't fun watching anymore.

The funny thing about all these Kobe guys who are now saying this type of stuff is that Kobe has played like this his WHOLE CAREER. He was talented enough, and lucky enough to have the perfect teams that enabled him to have success playing that way, but the way he plays is a reason why a lot of his detractors never liked him. We could admit that obviously he was a phenomenal basketball talent, but his selfish style rubbed people the wrong way. We can run down the list of all the high scoring, horrible percentage games he's had, hell even Swoosh who is a hardcore Bryant said that the 81 point game was essentially a study in ego. It was obvious that he's obsessed with scoring (due to his Jordan obsession).

The fact that he isn't making as many shots as he did before doesn't mean his game is any different than what it always was. Yet, we're called "haters" and all that for daring to point that out. Well, aren't you a "hater" now that it's even too much for you?

LA_Showtime
03-30-2012, 02:02 PM
The funny thing about all these Kobe guys who are now saying this type of stuff is that Kobe has played like this his WHOLE CAREER. He was talented enough, and lucky enough to have the perfect teams that enabled him to have success playing that way, but the way he plays is a reason why a lot of his detractors never liked him. We could admit that obviously he was a phenomenal basketball talent, but his selfish style rubbed people the wrong way. We can run down the list of all the high scoring, horrible percentage games he's had, hell even Swoosh who is a hardcore Bryant said that the 81 point game was essentially a study in ego. It was obvious that he's obsessed with scoring (due to his Jordan obsession).

The fact that he isn't making as many shots as he did before doesn't mean his game is any different than what it always was. Yet, we're called "haters" and all that for daring to point that out. Well, aren't you a "hater" now that it's even too much for you?

I've always had a problem with Kobe's style of play, but he's won 5 championships and has spent close to half of his career in the Finals. It would be stupid to openly complain when it worked.

It's different now. Kobe's getting old and he's trying to defy the aging process; it's a ****ing joke. His usage rate is ridiculously high, he's not facilitating (which isn't really a surprise, he stopped doing that after the 07-08 season), and his attitude's clearly rubbing off on Bynum.

Punpun
03-30-2012, 02:08 PM
It's different now. Kobe's getting old and he's trying to defy the aging process; it's a ****ing joke. His usage rate is ridiculously high, he's not facilitating (which isn't really a surprise, he stopped doing that after the 07-08 season), and his attitude's clearly rubbing off on Bynum.

For a guy sporting a LA username, you really do know NOTHING about your team. There is a reason why Kobe has such a usage rate. And for one simple reason. Before the sessions trade he was the ONLY playmaker. As in, he played both the PG and SG position. He has been faciliting all season long. Are you for serious or what ?

Now, it's been going down steadily thanks to Sessions coming to the Lakers.

But all that work have taken a toll on his body. He's been averaging one of the most minutes out of anybody on the league this season. More minutes than Durant and Lebron. Yet he is like 10 years older than Durant.

Moreover tonight loss was on him. But it was a classic Lakers night. To begin with one of the 7 footer not showing up. MWP bricking 8 shot out of 10. The bench being garbage.

LA_Showtime
03-30-2012, 02:14 PM
For a guy sporting a LA username, you really do know NOTHING about your team. There is a reason why Kobe has such a usage rate. And for one simple reason. Before the sessions trade he was the ONLY playmaker. As in, he played both the PG and SG position. He has been faciliting all season long. Are you for serious or what ?

But all that work have taken a toll on his body. He's been averaging one of the most minutes out of anybody on the league this season. More minutes than Durant and Lebron. Yet he is like 10 years older than Durant.

Moreover tonight loss was on him. But it was a classic Lakers night. To begin with one of the 7 footer not showing up. MWP bricking 8 shot out of 10. The bench being garbage.

If Kobe's worn out from playing 38 to 40 minutes per game, then either he should tell Brown to get a clue or stop taking bad shots. Fatigue isn't an excuse to break the offense and play selfishly.

Gasol played well in the first quarter, and to a lesser extent in the first half, when the Lakers were actually moving the ball around. I'm not saying Kobe should shoulder all of the blame, but he shot like 7-25 when Bynum dominating down low. There's no reason for Kobe to shoot that much if he's going to shoot below 40%.

AceManIII
03-30-2012, 02:18 PM
Where's your Godbe now?! :bowdown:

Knoe Itawl
03-30-2012, 02:19 PM
I've always had a problem with Kobe's style of play, but he's won 5 championships and has spent close to half of his career in the Finals. It would be stupid to openly complain when it worked.

I understand that as a fan of the team you grit your teeth and accept a style if it's bringing your team success, even if you dont' care for it. My point is that people that have always pointed this out about why they don't like Bryant were labeled as "haters" for saying essentially the same thing you're saying now.

The only difference is that those shots aren't going in at a higher clip and he doesn't have the personnel to cover for him like he used to. There's no other difference to his game. It's a style that worked with a heavily stacked frontcourt that could hide his selfishness, but now that that front court is compromised somehwat (though Bynum is beasting, Pau isn't having the same impact), plus the coaching has taken a step back and he's even less efficient, it is more evident.

Bladers
03-30-2012, 02:24 PM
I understand that as a fan of the team you grit your teeth and accept a style if it's bringing your team success, even if you dont' care for it. My point is that people that have always pointed this out about why they don't like Bryant were labeled as "haters" for saying essentially the same thing you're saying now.

The only difference is that those shots aren't going in at a higher clip and he doesn't have the personnel to cover for him like he used to. There's no other difference to his game. It's a style that worked with a heavily stacked frontcourt that could hide his selfishness, but now that that front court is compromised somehwat (though Bynum is beasting, Pau isn't having the same impact), plus the coaching has taken a step back, it is more evident.

So basically Kobe won rings because of his "stacked" frontcourt comprising of gasol and odom I should say since Bynum were injured in those two runs.

And Lebron ofcourse hasn't won because he doesn't have enough help.

Is that right?
LA_showtime, why u are talking to this phagit is beyond me, I have lost alot of respect for you.

bwink23
03-30-2012, 02:50 PM

Nothing to do with taking 24 shots a game huh??? :lol

bwink23
03-30-2012, 02:53 PM
So basically Kobe won rings because of his "stacked" frontcourt comprising of gasol and odom I should say since Bynum were injured in those two runs.

Is that right?
LA_showtime, why u are talking to this phagit is beyond me, I have lost alot of respect for you.

Oh my goodness, it's the end of the world!!

http://2012-end-of-the-world.comoj.com/images/end-of-the-world.jpg

DMAVS41
03-30-2012, 03:00 PM

The only difference is that those shots aren't going in at a higher clip and he doesn't have the personnel to cover for him like he used to. There's no other difference to his game. It's a style that worked with a heavily stacked frontcourt that could hide his selfishness, but now that that front court is compromised somehwat (though Bynum is beasting, Pau isn't having the same impact), plus the coaching has taken a step back and he's even less efficient, it is more evident.

Yea.

Kobe has shot 44.8% in the playoffs for his career. He's never been an extremely efficient scorer.

This is just the regular season though, and I really only care about the playoffs.

But using the playoffs last year, it really wasn't Kobe doing/playing all that differently. He's had stretches like that in the playoffs before. It was his team. Gasol wasn't great and guys just didn't step up.

Just like in 2010 it was the opposite. The Lakers could have easily lost that Thunder series...Kobe was not good. But Artest shut down Durant and Gasol played very well. With just a good and not very good to great team and coach around him...Kobe goes out in the first round in 2010.

NumberSix
03-30-2012, 03:06 PM

Is that right?
Bladers is a phaggit

Indian guy
03-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Kobe clearly doesn't have the legs/body anymore to play the style he's always done. Those ridiculous fadeaways just don't fall now. He needs to adjust, but I think he's too stubborn for that to happen.

DMAVS41
03-30-2012, 03:09 PM

Is that right?

1. This has nothing to do with Lebron

2. Kobe is one of the best players ever. Of course it wasn't just his "stacked" teams....although his "stacked" teams certainly played a role. Kobe had the best supporting casts in the league for his first 8 years. No other player had more help than Kobe over that stretch. And then from 08 to present Kobe has had top 2 or top 3 help. You put other all time great players in situations like that and you'd see a lot of winning as well.

Kobe is a better basketball player than Dirk. I readily admit that. However, what do you think the results for Dirk would have been like playing his first 8 years with Shaq and being coached by Phil Jackson. What do you think he would have done with the kind of help that Kobe had from 08 to present?

That is why using that as the fall back argument just seems so flawed. You switch those two guys (and even though Kobe is a better player) and Dirk's results would simply be much better.

And also, I'm not using this regular season as an indicator of future playoff play. I could care less what happens in the regular season for proven players like Kobe. But if you think for a second that Kobe can continue to shot 42% on 24 shots a game in the playoffs and win...then you are nuts.

And he shouldn't win playing like this.

D-Wade316
03-30-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm in denial.
Glad you admitted.

LA_Showtime
03-30-2012, 03:13 PM

No, guys like you, OldSchool, Blitz, and DMavs are called "haters" because you take Kobe's deficiencies and magnify them to a much greater height than is rational.

Legends66NBA7
03-30-2012, 03:16 PM
No, guys like you, OldSchool, Blitz, and DMavs are called "haters" because you take Kobe's deficiencies and magnify them to a much greater height than is rational.

DMAVS has been saying that the Lakers team have the potential to win a title...

LA_Showtime
03-30-2012, 03:19 PM
DMAVS has been saying that the Lakers team have the potential to win a title...

Which has nothing to do with what I just stated. Thanks, though.
:oldlol:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-30-2012, 03:21 PM

That guy is nuts. Point blank.

His groupie "Kileer7" decided to show up to the party.

Knoe Itawl
03-30-2012, 03:21 PM

Actually, the only people that call us "haters" tend to be hardcore Kobe fans, so it doesn't really matter.

However, what you call "magnfiying" his deficiencies is having him in the top 15 or so of all time. Oh no! What a hater! How irrational!

Basically, you need to have him as minimum top 5, battling for top 3, the greatest scorer ever and on and on and on to not be a "hater" to a huge population of Kobe fans.

See, I've never liked his game, for the reasons you so eloquently pointed out on the previous page. I also think he's been vastly overrated due to his flashiness,, scoring obsession, unusually lucky circumstances and Jordan mimicry. I also don't care for his personality, due to what I believe to be a sociopathic nature, and just generally being an assh#le.

However, that has nothing to do with whether I can accurately assess his game. It's just that to a lot of Bryant fans, you have to worship at his altar, and ignore his deficiencies in order to be "rational".

DMAVS41
03-30-2012, 03:22 PM
Which has nothing to do with what I just stated. Thanks, though.

Yes it does. Its not "hating" to point out that if Kobe was shooting 20 shots on 45% or better shooting that this Lakers team would be far better.

What Lakers fans seem to not comprehend is how difficult it actually is to win titles or contend in the playoffs for most other franchises and players.

Kobe has had a huge "margin for error" for pretty much his entire career. We aren't magnifying anything. Kobe's luxury of having teams that give him that enormous "margin for error" have actually covered up those real issues.

Put him on just slightly less talented and well coached teams throughout his career and the results are vastly different.

Legends66NBA7
03-30-2012, 03:24 PM

You reading his website/youtube comment section ?

:D

Legends66NBA7
03-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Put him on just slightly less talented and well coached teams throughout his career and the results are vastly different.

I still say he wins championships though, perhaps 2-3 at the best, maybe 4-5 depending on how much he can carry a team, IMO.

His statistical line would be even better too, because he would probably be the number 1 option from the start...

DMAVS41
03-30-2012, 03:35 PM
I still say he wins championships though, perhaps 2-3 at the best, maybe 4-5 depending on how much he can carry a team, IMO.

His statistical line would be even better too, because he would probably be the number 1 option from the start...

His career ppg in the playoffs/regular season would be higher, but his efficiency would be lower as well.

And Kobe still took a ton of shots with Shaq post the 00 season. Not sure Kobe was good enough before then to take a ton of shots anyway. So you are really only talking about his pre prime years in which he wasn't ready to be a number 1 option to begin with.

Since 01 though...Kobe has taken as much or more shots than normal number 1 options do. The only regular season in his prime you could say he didn't get number 1 option shots was the 04 season. He took 18 a game. Every other season of his career (other than the first 4)...he's taken 20 or more shots a game.

As far as the championships go...who knows. Considering Kobe has squeaked out of a few.....00 vs Blazers, 02 vs Kings, 10 vs Celtics. Having a slightly less talented team might have prevented him from winning all 3 of those.

LamarOdom
03-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Dmavs and all here has tired me of hearing how stacked Kobes team is and so on, first of all no one can win alone not Michael fucckin Jordan could do it his first 8 or so years before acquiring GOAT/2 coach and also players like Pippen and certainly Kobe won't do it with Lamar as his sidekick.

Secondly Kobe, Pau Gasol and Lamar is not as good of team as Bosh,WAde and LeBron or MJ's with Rodman and Pippen and comparable to Spurs TD, Manu and Parker.

And that's the truth no player wins alone, LeBron almost did it but then he meet the Spurs and it just showed how bad the East was.

I am no Kobe homer or whatever you think I'm honestly just tired of hearing that teams are stacked cause you are not going to win if you are alone whether your name is Kobe, MJ or LeBron especially when when Kobes latest champ team wast ju an average championship team.

Lebron23
03-30-2012, 03:51 PM
Lakers are not a bad team. Gasol and Bynum are top 5 at their respective positions. Kobe needs to be a team player. He's getting older. Kobe is shooting under 43% from the field this season. Bynum needs to be the Lakers primary scoring option next year.

LA_Showtime
03-30-2012, 03:54 PM

Yeah dude, he's the only one who's probably got a mental disorder or something. He was crazy.

LamarOdom
03-30-2012, 03:54 PM
It's time to retire old man!!!

:facepalm

LA_Showtime
03-30-2012, 03:57 PM
Actually, the only people that call us "haters" tend to be hardcore Kobe fans, so it doesn't really matter.

However, what you call "magnfiying" his deficiencies is having him in the top 15 or so of all time. Oh no! What a hater! How irrational!

Basically, you need to have him as minimum top 5, battling for top 3, the greatest scorer ever and on and on and on to not be a "hater" to a huge population of Kobe fans.

See, I've never liked his game, for the reasons you so eloquently pointed out on the previous page. I also think he's been vastly overrated due to his flashiness,, scoring obsession, unusually lucky circumstances and Jordan mimicry. I also don't care for his personality, due to what I believe to be a sociopathic nature, and just generally being an assh#le.

However, that has nothing to do with whether I can accurately assess his game. It's just that to a lot of Bryant fans, you have to worship at his altar, and ignore his deficiencies in order to be "rational".

Oh come on dude. The only reason you have an account on here is to talk about Kobe. Everyone knows you're like the Kobe-hating God. :oldlol:

DMAVS41
03-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Dmavs and all here has tired me of hearing how stacked Kobes team is and so on, first of all no one can win alone not Michael fucckin Jordan could do it his first 8 or so years before acquiring GOAT/2 coach and also players like Pippen and certainly Kobe won't do it with Lamar as his sidekick.

Secondly Kobe, Pau Gasol and Lamar is not as good of team as Bosh,WAde and LeBron or MJ's with Rodman and Pippen and comparable to Spurs TD, Manu and Parker.

And that's the truth no player wins alone, LeBron almost did it but then he meet the Spurs and it just showed how bad the East was.

I am no Kobe homer or whatever you think I'm honestly just tired of hearing that teams are stacked cause you are not going to win if you are alone whether your name is Kobe, MJ or LeBron especially when when Kobes latest champ team wast ju an average championship team.

Of course nobody wins alone....but Kobe has had great help throughout his entire career. Easily the most help of this generation.

Why are you comparing Kobe's teams to MJ's teams? Are they playing each other?

You act like this is Kobe specific. If Dirk had slightly less help last year...he would have lost. Its nothing specific to Kobe. Its about the fragile nature of winning/losing.

My point is simple. Kobe has routinely had the luxury of having the best or at least a top 2 to 3 supporting cast/coach around him much of his career. Therefore he's had a greater "margin of error" than most players.

And you would see that just objectively looking at his level of play vs the results.

LA_Showtime
03-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Of course nobody wins alone....but Kobe has had great help throughout his entire career. Easily the most help of this generation.

You act like this is Kobe specific. If Dirk had slightly less help last year...he would have lost. Its nothing specific to Kobe. Its about the fragile nature of winning/losing.

My point is simple. Kobe has routinely had the luxury of having the best or at least a top 2 to 3 supporting cast/coach around him much of his career. Therefore he's had a greater "margin of error" than most players.

And you would see that just objectively looking at his level of play vs the results.

Lol whatever dude. I don't see you throwing out these hypthoetical situations to any other player. It's not so much hating, just annoying and kind of weird.

DMAVS41
03-30-2012, 04:08 PM
Lol whatever dude. I don't see you throwing out these hypthoetical situations to any other player. It's not so much hating, just annoying and kind of weird.

I don't see anyone throwing out the "rings" argument for other players as often as they do with Kobe.

With almost every other player we rank...its about impact, production...etc. With Kobe the rings thing is thrown literally every time we have a discussion.

Hell, it was thrown out in this thread today.....LOL

And nobody is saying to ignore them. There is a very high value on winning...no matter how much help you have. But you can't ignore how a player actually plays and try to simplify the game in such a..to use your word...."weird" manner.

LamarOdom
03-30-2012, 04:10 PM

My point with MJ is that people generally never points out that he had a very good or a much better team then Kobe but with Kobe it's the first thing that comes up when you say he got 5 rings, sure he had good teams but you ain't gonna win with one star and rest role players you have to have at least one or two all stars backing you up, the expection being Dallas with the only star being Dirk, but they hade one of the deepest team in my recent memory with everyone overperforming.

DMAVS41
03-30-2012, 04:14 PM
My point with MJ is that people generally never points out that he had a very good or a much better team then Kobe but with Kobe it's the first thing that comes up when you say he got 5 rings, sure he had good teams but you ain't gonna win with one star and rest role players you have to have at least one or two all stars backing you up, the expection being Dallas with the only star being Dirk, but they hade one of the deepest team in my recent memory with everyone overperforming.

But with MJ his 6 rings aren't his defining quality as a player. It was how he played and his impact.

Its an apples and oranges comparison. Do you think anyone would bring up Kobe's rings if he played at the level MJ did throughout his career?

I will say it again...its not Kobe specific. This argument comes up because when people point out the holes/flaws in Kobe's game...the response is always:

5 rings

Which then brings about this endless cycle of people trying to ignore one or the other.

I say don't ignore anything. 5 rings and Kobe's success is amazing. Kobe's level of play has been overall great.....but that doesn't mean we can't look at certain things and have a discussion.

The problem with Kobe lies in the fact that he's more dependent on his "rings" for greatness than a lot of the players he's compared to.

Here are some examples:

Kobe shoots under 45% for his career in the playoffs.....5 rings
Kobe struggles making game winning shots in the playoffs.....5 rings
Kobe isn't nearly the defensive player he's made out to be.....5 rings
Kobe is playing like a high volume low efficiency ball hog this year.....5 rings

Just gets old after a while. All I hear on here now after Dirk won is that teams win titles. Which I absolutely agree with by the way and have said from the beginning of my time here. But I just find it funny that when other players win its about the team...but with Kobe its always attributed to him....

LamarOdom
03-30-2012, 04:24 PM
But with MJ his 6 rings aren't his defining quality as a player. It was how he played and his impact.

Its an apples and oranges comparison. Do you think anyone would bring up Kobe's rings if he played at the level MJ did throughout his career?

I will say it again...its not Kobe specific. This argument comes up because when people point out the holes/flaws in Kobe's game...the response is always:

5 rings

Which then brings about this endless cycle of people trying to ignore one or the other.

I say don't ignore anything. 5 rings and Kobe's success is amazing. Kobe's level of play has been overall great.....but that doesn't mean we can't look at certain things and have a discussion.

The problem with Kobe lies in the fact that he's more dependent on his "rings" for greatness than a lot of the players he's compared to.

But that is not what I am talking about I'm just talking about the fact that it's getting annoying hearing about how stacked Kobe's teams was when it was a average championship team.

IMO Kobe right now isn't even a top 4-5 player despite being one of my favorites, with that said i don't know what injures is nagging him right now and how much the playing time has killed him cause Kobe just doesn't like sitting out games and now with him being the "coach" it feels like he is playing to chase records only.

But yeah I would say that Kobe is dependent on his rings as is everyone on the top ten list, I can't see LeBron cracking that top ten all time great w/o rings cause all time great shouldn't just about how good or talented you was, it should also count in your career accomplishment and thankfully it does.

Da_Realist
03-30-2012, 04:26 PM
My point with MJ...

But Kobe ain't MJ. :confusedshrug:

Disaprine
03-30-2012, 04:27 PM
lots of kobe threads today. :lol

DMAVS41
03-30-2012, 04:28 PM
But that is not what I am talking about I'm just talking about the fact that it's getting annoying hearing about how stacked Kobe's teams was when it was a average championship team.

IMO Kobe right now isn't even a top 4-5 player despite being one of my favorites, with that said i don't know what injures is nagging him right now and how much the playing time has killed him cause Kobe just doesn't like sitting out games and now with him being the "coach" it feels like he is playing to chase records only.

But yeah I would say that Kobe is dependent on his rings as is everyone on the top ten list, I can't see LeBron cracking that top ten all time great w/o rings cause all time great shouldn't just about how good or talented you was, it should also count in your career accomplishment and thankfully it does.

Average championship team compared to other teams in the past? Sure. Average teams compared to the league? Absolutely not.

eliteballer
03-30-2012, 04:29 PM
A Dirk fan is saying Kobes had stacked teams....LOL

Legends66NBA7
03-30-2012, 04:29 PM
lots of kobe threads today. :lol

Brought it on himself.

andgar923
03-30-2012, 04:31 PM

They never seem to understand this basic principle.

Classic flaw when people bring up Kobe's name.

Kobe is Kobe 'one OF' the best player of all time, not THE greatest of all time, and he shouldn't be compared at such high standards. It's not fair to him or anybody else.

Like some players from the past mentioned, trying to live up to MJ's standards will crush you. We're seeing this happen with Bron in front of our eyes, but Kobe doesn't care (which is good and bad), but he shouldn't.

Knoe Itawl
03-30-2012, 04:32 PM
I don't see anyone throwing out the "rings" argument for other players as often as they do with Kobe.

With almost every other player we rank...its about impact, production...etc. With Kobe the rings thing is thrown literally every time we have a discussion.

Hell, it was thrown out in this thread today.....LOL

And nobody is saying to ignore them. There is a very high value on winning...no matter how much help you have. But you can't ignore how a player actually plays and try to simplify the game in such a..to use your word...."weird" manner.

And to go along with that, people were talking about Jordan being GOAT after his FIRST ring!!

After the 3peat, he has the majority of the basketball populace proclaiming him GOAT. Even though Magic had 5, Larry 3, etc. etc.

Why? Because it wasn't JUST the rings that made people say this. It was how dominant he was, and the rings were like the icing on the cake.

With Bryant, these people just mindlessly throw out "5 rings" like automatons as if there are no other factors in judging a player. As if that somehow ends all discussion as to the value of a player. It's a garbage mentality born of the ignorant, and the intellectually dishonest.

LamarOdom
03-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Here are some examples:

Kobe shoots under 45% for his career in the playoffs.....5 rings
Kobe struggles making game winning shots in the playoffs.....5 rings
Kobe isn't nearly the defensive player he's made out to be.....5 rings
Kobe is playing like a high volume low efficiency ball hog this year.....5 rings

Just gets old after a while. All I hear on here now after Dirk won is that teams win titles. Which I absolutely agree with by the way and have said from the beginning of my time here. But I just find it funny that when other players win its about the team...but with Kobe its always attributed to him....

Oh quatoed you before your editing.

Actually me as a Lakerfan is getting annoyed w/ does type of comment and not only from Kobe stans Durant and LBJ stans is at the sam level and I'm ofcourse talking generally cause there are great Kobe/LBJ/Durant stan that doesn't go with does kind of arguments as soon as you criticize them.

LamarOdom
03-30-2012, 04:34 PM

Did i even say anything like that?

LamarOdom
03-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Average championship team compared to other teams in the past? Sure. Average teams compared to the league? Absolutely not.

Yeah average championship team that's what i wrote? what you honestly think Lakers 09-10 championships was sooooo much better then other championship team from the past 10-20 years?

DMAVS41
03-30-2012, 04:38 PM
Yeah average championship team that's what i wrote? what you honestly think Lakers 09-10 championships was sooooo much better then other championship team from the past 10-20 years?

No. I said compared to the teams they played....they were elite. Which is all that matters. Who you are playing.

What star player had more help than Kobe in 2010?

LamarOdom
03-30-2012, 04:44 PM
No. I said compared to the teams they played....they were elite. Which is all that matters. Who you are playing.

What star player had more help than Kobe in 2010?

Well if count that Bynum barley played in the PO and when he played he played less minutes Kobe had Lamar, Pau and Ron Artest that was still playing pretty good, so i'll let you be the judge.

ImmortalNemesis
03-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Jordan didn't have an elite big man like Kobe. Shaq and prime Gasol in 2009-2010. That's the main difference.

Bladers
03-30-2012, 04:45 PM
I see dmavs showed up to the party and the rest of the collectives.

Why don't we talk about the fact that Lebron had the MOST STACKED team in history of the NBA and failed to win the title last year BECAUSE of him.

And how he will likely not win it again this year BECAUSE of him.

Its funny i have always said it.

If Lakers somehow win a title this year the naysayers will claim.

"They won in-spite of Kobe not because of him!"

Which is their story for all 5 rings and playoff runs.

But when it comes to Lebron, the same naysayers will claim.

"Lebron needs more help"

Its funny because that's exactly what bruce blitz said on a video exactly before the playoffs last year, that the heat won't win because Lebron's supporting cast sucks.

It amazes me. It truly does.
Someone can has GOAT supporting cast (3 players in their absolute prime) and when they lose its because of his supporting cast not him.

Someone else can have an average supporting cast (Gasol & Odom) and when they lose its because of him, and when they win its in-spite of him.

Amazes me.

Nick Young
03-30-2012, 04:47 PM
HATERS GTFO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY9HjNWbJvA

GAWDBE is carrying this shitty roster on his back, besides Bynum and Gasol it is a complete D-league roster, o lawdy lawd how was the Mamba ever allowed such a talentless roster, damn wish we didn't f*ck things up with Odom

DMAVS41
03-30-2012, 04:48 PM
I see dmavs showed up to the party and the rest of the collectives.

Why don't we talk about the fact that Lebron had the MOST STACKED team in history of the NBA and failed to win the title last year BECAUSE of him.

And how you will likely not win it again this year BECAUSE of him.

Its funny i have always said it.

If Lakers somehow win a title this year the naysayers will claim.

"They won in-spite of Kobe not because of him!"

Which is their story for all 5 rings and playoff runs.

"Lebron needs more help"

Its funny because that's exactly what bruce blitz said on a video exactly before the playoffs last year, that the heat won't win because Lebron's supporting cast sucks.

It amazes me. It truly does.
Someone can has GOAT supporting cast (3 players in their absolute prime) and when they lose its because of his supporting cast not him.

Someone else can have an average supporting cast (Gasol & Odom) and when they lose its because of him, and when they win its in-spite of him.

Amazes me.

We have talked about Lebron extensively. Its a black mark on his career that will never go away. I've gone as far to say that it could quite easily keep him out of the top 10 all time regardless of what happens.

Stop making BS up. I hammered Lebron. Said its the worst performance from a star player in the finals that I've ever seen. I even said its slightly worse than the giant shit Kobe took on the court during the 04 finals.

What more do you want people to say about Lebron? Do you honestly think people didn't hammer him enough?

LamarOdom
03-30-2012, 04:49 PM
Jordan didn't have an elite big man like Kobe. Shaq and prime Gasol in 2009-2010. That's the main difference.

But he had Dennis Rodman who picked down rebounds like his life was on the line, he also hade Horace Grant.

D-Wade316
03-30-2012, 04:49 PM
Not sure if serious or mentally retarded.

Da_Realist
03-30-2012, 04:50 PM
They never seem to understand this basic principle.

Classic flaw when people bring up Kobe's name.

Kobe is Kobe 'one OF' the best player of all time, not THE greatest of all time, and he shouldn't be compared at such high standards. It's not fair to him or anybody else.

Like some players from the past mentioned, trying to live up to MJ's standards will crush you. We're seeing this happen with Bron in front of our eyes, but Kobe doesn't care (which is good and bad), but he shouldn't.

Deep down they don't want to let go of the comparison because it keeps Kobe relevant...even if it burns them from time to time.

"Kobe scored more points with the Lakers than MJ did with the Bulls". If you take off the "MJ did with the Bulls", would anyone care? If you replaced "MJ did with the Bulls" with "Olajuwon did with the Rockets", would Kobe fans give two sh*ts? Nope.

It will always be about MJ. They're like Icarus flying too close to the sun with wax wings.

Celtic_Pride
03-30-2012, 04:51 PM
Well if count that Bynum barley played in the PO and when he played he played less minutes Kobe had Lamar, Pau and Ron Artest that was still playing pretty good, so i'll let you be the judge.

During 2009-10, remove Kobe, Dwight, Lebron, Wade, Dirk from their respective teams and just imagine which team is better

Lakers with Gasol, Artest, Odom, Bynum, Fisher with Phil as their coach is hands down the best team among those!

Kobe has pretty stacked team during those 2 years compared to the other superstars - FACT!

Indian guy
03-30-2012, 04:51 PM

Ummm, that's all people talk about.

And how he will likely not win it again this year BECAUSE of him.

People SHOULD talk about this, I agree.

"Lebron needs more help"

Come on, nobody's saying this.

Someone else can have an average supporting cast (Gasol & Odom)

A core of Bynum/Gasol/Odom/Artest + GOAT coach is an average cast? :rolleyes:

Legends66NBA7
03-30-2012, 04:55 PM
Deep down they don't want to let go of the comparison because it keeps Kobe relevant...

For one part, I see why the comparison drawn and it's obvious: They play the same position.

As for relevance, I invite comparisons to other players, as always. Kobe is more than relevant on all-time lists, not just to Jordan.

LamarOdom
03-30-2012, 04:58 PM
During 2009-10, remove Kobe, Dwight, Lebron, Wade, Dirk from their respective teams and just imagine which team is better

Lakers with Gasol, Artest, Odom, Bynum, Fisher with Phil as their coach is hands down the best team among those!

Kobe has pretty stacked team during those 2 years compared to the other superstars - FACT!

Ofcourse he hade a great team but not to the extent that they were so superior to what most made them to be , Celtics was in my opinion comparable to Lakers team.

SlayerEnraged
03-30-2012, 05:08 PM
I agree with OP. I just haven't seen him playing with passion and stuff this season. As much as people wanna talk about he's lost a step and bla bla bla, at lot of his struggles are actually missing OPEN shots. He's had bad shooting stretches before but he looked like he was playing with passion back then. He looked angry when he was playing crappy. Now he goes 7 for 25 and acts like oh well.

Da_Realist
03-30-2012, 05:10 PM
For one part, I see why the comparison drawn and it's obvious: They play the same position.

As for relevance, I invite comparisons to other players, as always. Kobe is more than relevant on all-time lists, not just to Jordan.

After 16 years, it's actually not obvious. Unless you want to be told over and over again that he isn't as good. 16 years isn't enough? It's like y'all are trying to find something (ANYTHING!) that he does better than MJ. If he does well, you look to see if MJ did it. If he fails, you excuse it by finding all of MJ's failures. Half of what is holding Kobe up these days is that he sorta almost looks and acts like MJ. Everything is seen through the prism of MJ. But then you complain when he never measures up.

"But, MJ did it!" is a familiar refrain of ISH's Kobe fans. Somebody mentions that Kobe's been on stacked teams, "So did MJ!". Kobe has a horrible game and one of his fans will pull up all of MJ's bad games. "See? MJ shot poorly too!"

But Kobe ain't MJ.

Celtic_Pride
03-30-2012, 05:12 PM
Ofcourse he hade a great team but not to the extent that they were so superior to what most made them to be , Celtics was in my opinion comparable to Lakers team.

Of course. A healthy Celtics team is better than anyother during 2008-10

But compared to other teams with superstars like Magic, Cavs, Heat, Mavs, Lakers were clearly superior

Legends66NBA7
03-30-2012, 05:30 PM
After 16 years, it's actually not obvious. Unless you want to be told over and over again that he isn't as good. 16 years isn't enough? It's like y'all are trying to find something (ANYTHING!) that he does better than MJ. If he does well, you look to see if MJ did it. If he fails, you excuse it by finding all of MJ's failures. Half of what is holding Kobe up these days is that he sorta almost looks and acts like MJ. Everything is seen through the prism of MJ. But then you complain when he never measures up.

"But, MJ did it!" is a familiar refrain of ISH's Kobe fans. Somebody mentions that Kobe's been on stacked teams, "So did MJ!". Kobe has a horrible game and one of his fans will pull up all of MJ's bad games. "See? MJ shot poorly too!"

But Kobe ain't MJ.

Just to let you know, I know Jordan > Kobe for a while now.

I'm just saying, they are compared and the difference is obvious. But it's like... the media and people's nature too compare them anyways, even if it isn't close.

If not, I'm sure there are other guards that people will compare to Jordan like Jerry West, Dwyane Wade, Allen Iverson,etc... all resulting in the same scenario.

Off course Kobe isn't MJ. Nobody will ever be MJ, at least... not as a guard, it seems.

I've found the closest comparisons to his accolades, dominance, and impact... to all be centers.

As for more Kobe comparison, I perfer talk about other guards, other than Jordan, because it's all played out now.

Nash
03-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Whatever, Kobe will step up when shit goes down for real.

longtime lurker
03-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Even with Kobe playing at his best this team is not winning a championship. Way too much inconsistency and horrible coaching. Mike Brown has his head up his ass with his rotations and game management. He needs to find out who has chemistry. Nothing wrong with Kobe taking shots, but he needs to involve Gasol in the pick n roll. I remember one possession I saw Kobe dribble around for about 8 seconds before shooting a turnaround fade away over Selfelosha :facepalm Part of it's Kobe and part of it's not having a system in place. Kobe and Gasol have chemistry, if you pick n roll teams to death eventually it will open up things for everyone.

DMAVS41
03-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Even with Kobe playing at his best this team is not winning a championship. Way too much inconsistency and horrible coaching. Mike Brown has his head up his ass with his rotations and game management. He needs to find out who has chemistry. Nothing wrong with Kobe taking shots, but he needs to involve Gasol in the pick n roll. I remember one possession I saw Kobe dribble around for about 8 seconds before shooting a turnaround fade away over Selfelosha :facepalm Part of it's Kobe and part of it's not having a system in place. Kobe and Gasol have chemistry, if you pick n roll teams to death eventually it will open up things for everyone.

Please. LOL

This team can absolutely win the title if Kobe plays his best. What a joke.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Please. LOL

This team can absolutely win the title if Kobe plays his best. What a joke.

I'm loving this. Kobe fans are crying because he doesn't have "enough help." LMAO. As far as stacked teams go, after Miami and OKC, who do you think is next? The Lakers have a top 2 center, top 5-10 PF, top 2 SG, top 10 defensive small forward, and a serviceable (above average) PG.

What more do these clowns want? Chris Paul? :oldlol:

dazzer87
03-30-2012, 07:49 PM
Whatever, Kobe will step up when shit goes down for real.

Like Game 7th vs Boston in the Finals..... Oops forgot the Refs step up fo him

DMAVS41
03-30-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm loving this. Kobe fans are crying because he doesn't have "enough help." LMAO. As far as stacked teams go, after Miami and OKC, who do you think is next? The Lakers have a top 2 center, top 5-10 PF, top 2 SG, top 10 defensive small forward, and a serviceable (above average) PG.

Lakers/Kobe fans are so out of touch with reality. There are some star players in which this would be the best team they've ever had.

Its not the best team. Its clearly behind OKC and Heat in my opinion....and probably the Bulls as well.

But after that they are as good or better than anyone. My god...they have a pretty damn good record and Kobe is playing pretty awful these last two months. Kobe is shooting 40% from the field while taking a ton of shots these last two months.

And they are still 11 games over .500.

LOL @ at this BS that this team can't contend.

LA_Showtime
03-30-2012, 07:57 PM
I'm trying to figure out how a thread like this can be ruined. :oldlol:

Dictator
03-30-2012, 08:01 PM
Kobe really needs to get it together. I wanna see kobe average 26 8 5 on 46% shooting. Kobe could really improve his rebounding. Kobe's 5 rebounds a game mostly come from when the ball falls directly towards him. And Kobe needs to stop backing down players and shoot staright up. Seems like every game he's goes into his backing down mode where he starts bricking everything.

LA_Showtime
03-30-2012, 08:05 PM
Kobe really needs to get it together. I wanna see kobe average 26 8 5 on 46% shooting. Kobe could really improve his rebounding. Kobe's 5 rebounds a game mostly come from when the ball falls directly towards him. And Kobe needs to stop backing down players and shoot staright up. Seems like every game he's goes into his backing down mode where he starts bricking everything.

Here's what drives me crazy:

1. When Kobe isolates his man and tries to take 'em off the dribble. He either takes a horribly contested fade away or else he loses the handle because he can't dribble for shit anymore.

2. Kobe taking a twenty- to twenty-five foot contested jump shot and not getting back on defense.

3. His attitude in general. He knows he's getting old, and he goes through parts of games where he just gets pissed off and gives off this negative energy.

RazorBaLade
03-30-2012, 08:08 PM

he doesnt speak for everyone.

I think the lakers are definitely the team with the 3rd most talent in the league and capable of winning it all if kobe plays like 06-09 level.

I must laugh at the top 10 defensive small forward though. Whats next, top 5 offensive from left side of court with headband on? Did you think saying someone is a top 10 sf on defense is a sign of something ? this team has a bad SF and a bad bench, but with sessions its a team that can potentially win if kobe AND role players step up.

Altho maybe just kobe needs to step up. I dunno. We beat heat when kobe and ron played good but lost to okc when they both played poorly... Do they win either game if only one of them come through?

Dictator
03-30-2012, 08:32 PM
Here's what drives me crazy:

1. When Kobe isolates his man and tries to take 'em off the dribble. He either takes a horribly contested fade away or else he loses the handle because he can't dribble for shit anymore.

2. Kobe taking a twenty- to twenty-five foot contested jump shot and not getting back on defense.

3. His attitude in general. He knows he's getting old, and he goes through parts of games where he just gets pissed off and gives off this negative energy.

This. Although I dislike Lebron, I wish Kobe would play like him (except choking). I mean with his shooting talent how hard is it to shoot 50% for a few games.

-Kobe doesn't need better teammates. Hell, he could have won the champion ship "this" year without ramon sessions if he can put up 25, pau put up 18, and bynum 20.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-30-2012, 08:34 PM
he doesnt speak for everyone.

I think the lakers are definitely the team with the 3rd most talent in the league and capable of winning it all if kobe plays like 06-09 level.

I must laugh at the top 10 defensive small forward though. Whats next, top 5 offensive from left side of court with headband on? Did you think saying someone is a top 10 sf on defense is a sign of something ? this team has a bad SF and a bad bench, but with sessions its a team that can potentially win if kobe AND role players step up.

Altho maybe just kobe needs to step up. I dunno. We beat heat when kobe and ron played good but lost to okc when they both played poorly... Do they win either game if only one of them come through?

:biggums:

Saying someone like Bruce Bowen was a top 10 defender at his position means nothing now? Interesting.