PDA

View Full Version : KG on T-wolves - "As far as that franchise, I have nothing positive to say"

Kews1
03-30-2012, 07:08 AM
http://www.celticslife.com/2012/03/kg-has-no-love-for-his-original.html#more

LOL i remember a thread about two weeks ago where somebody was trying to say that if players choose teams to enter into the HOF with he would choose Minnesota haha

Toizumi
03-30-2012, 07:15 AM
I understand if he has no appreciation for the organization and how it was run. He was loyal though. Showed a lot of love for the organization, eventhough he didnt like the way it was run. I don't believe they had a bad break though.. so him saying that is kinda cold..
Fans still love him there though (right?).

The C's put him in a situation in which he could win it all. Same coach for years, team with good vets that have the same passion and understanding for the game. Of course he has move love for that franchise.

Kews1
03-30-2012, 07:18 AM
i think he mentions that its just directed at the franchise not the fans

MJ(Mean John)
03-30-2012, 07:19 AM
I understand if he has no appreciation for the organization and how it was run. He was loyal though. Showed a lot of love for the organization, eventhough he didnt like the way it was run. I don't believe they had a bad break though.. so him saying that is kinda cold..
Fans still love him there though (right?).

The C's put him in a situation in which he could win it all. Same coach for years, team with good vets that have the same passion and understanding for the game. Of course he has move love for that franchise.

Lol
That's because MINNY is all he knew.

Went to Boston and was like "wtf? This shits on MINNY. What a lameass franchise.

You macdonalds(MINNY) is cool. But when you first try steak (boston) you realize that the first choice wasn't a good choice, just the only choice so you appreciated it

LoneyROY7
03-30-2012, 07:21 AM
Love is about take a 40 point sh*t on KG's dome.

Kews1
03-30-2012, 07:29 AM
but the celtics will win and are going to the playoffs so its algood :lol

LoneyROY7
03-30-2012, 07:30 AM
but the celtics will win and are going to the playoffs so its algood :lol

I'll take the Wolves tomorrow night.

Toizumi
03-30-2012, 07:32 AM

yup. I think they were just as bummed out that the Wolves never gave Garnett what he needed to win and Garnett knows this

Lol
That's because MINNY is all he knew.

Went to Boston and was like "wtf? This shits on MINNY. What a lameass franchise.

You macdonalds(MINNY) is cool. But when you first try steak (boston) you realize that the first choice wasn't a good choice, just the only choice so you appreciated it

:oldlol:

Kews1
03-30-2012, 07:35 AM
I'll take the Wolves tomorrow night.

http://i39.tinypic.com/a58g2u.jpg

LOL just joking

LoneyROY7
03-30-2012, 07:36 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/a58g2u.jpg

LOL just joking

http://purplejesus.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/kevin-love-2012-001.jpg

Kews1
03-30-2012, 07:42 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/dw5jdc.gif

CelticBaller
03-30-2012, 11:07 AM
gtfo with that anteater

DirtySanchez
03-30-2012, 11:28 AM
Sad...turning his back on the franchise that brought him in.

Sorry...but when I think of KG I will always think of him as Minny first and Boston second.
Think about it...is KG a Celtic like Bord, Russel, McHale, Parish, Cousey, Havelcheck, Pierce are Celtics? I don't think so.

jlip
03-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Sad...turning his back on the franchise that brought him in.

Sorry...but when I think of KG I will always think of him as Minny first and Boston second.
Think about it...is KG a Celtic like Bord, Russel, McHale, Parish, Cousey, Havelcheck, Pierce are Celtics? I don't think so.

Yes Parish will be forever remembered as a Celtic, but he was drafted by the Warriors and played four years there before being traded to the Celtics. As his career was ending he played for two more teams, Hornets and the Bulls.

Whoah10115
03-30-2012, 12:05 PM
Unnecessary, "that franchise". Cheesy and a good reason why people don't like him.

I understand, but it has nothing to do with anything so why bother?

EDIT: No chance he wants to go back to Minnesota to finish where he started and help lead them to a title...lol, no chance at all. I was so wrong about that lol.

JellyBean
03-30-2012, 12:11 PM
As a KG fan and Timberwolves fan, I have to wonder what in the world is KG mad at the franchise for? He has nothing positive to say? :confusedshrug:

How about thanks for paying me so well. Glen Taylor looked out for KG. Gave KG the fattest contract in the NBA at that time, which probably lead to the lockout in '99. How about thanks for taking on chance on him when we drafted him in '95. The Minnesota franchise did its best for KG and for him to say that he can't say anything positive is a huge slap in the face to the owners of the Timberwolves.

I know that this is KG trying to amp himself up. But come on now. This is getting old. I could see if the Timberwolves were cheap and did not try to surround KG with talent. But they tried to work with KG and build a decent team.

La Frescobaldi
03-30-2012, 12:14 PM
Unnecessary, "that franchise". Cheesy and a good reason why people don't like him.

I understand, but it has nothing to do with anything so why bother?

EDIT: No chance he wants to go back to Minnesota to finish where he started and help lead them to a title...lol, no chance at all. I was so wrong about that lol.

Makes you wonder what is happening behind the scenes (like he asked to stay, and Wolves said no....... or did he ask to go back, play with Love.... and Wolves said no)

Droid101
03-30-2012, 12:17 PM
What a bitch. The franchise bent over backwards to make him a superstar. And now he's just a washed up old fogey.

Stay classy, KG.

http://www.tremendousupsidepotential.com/assets_c/2009/04/hatehatehatehatehate-thumb-500x507-9769.jpg

PS: I hope Kevin Love absolutely CLOWNS KG and the Celtics tonight. I want a 40-20 laid on that bitch.

blablabla
03-30-2012, 12:22 PM
As a KG fan and Timberwolves fan, I have to wonder what in the world is KG mad at the franchise for? He has nothing positive to say? :confusedshrug:

How about thanks for paying me so well. Glen Taylor looked out for KG. Gave KG the fattest contract in the NBA at that time, which probably lead to the lockout in '99. How about thanks for taking on chance on him when we drafted him in '95. The Minnesota franchise did its best for KG and for him to say that he can't say anything positive is a huge slap in the face to the owners of the Timberwolves.

I know that this is KG trying to amp himself up. But come on now. This is getting old. I could see if the Timberwolves were cheap and did not try to surround KG with talent. But they tried to work with KG and build a decent team.
why did you think they drafted him and payed him to do kg a favor or because they wanted to earn money

Scholar
03-30-2012, 02:52 PM
That's a pretty ridiculous statement by KG. I'm just going to leave it at that. He didn't elaborate why the hate so all I can assume is that he's upset about them not really building much of a contending team around him, though they did treat him with respect and dignity.

Think about it, man. The guy could've just as easily been traded to a non-contending team, but nope. Minny traded him to the future champ Boston Celtics. :confusedshrug: That's a blessing, imo. He could've just as easily retired without a ring, but now he has a ring because the Minnesota Timberwolves' organization wanted him to be happy.

FireDavidKahn
03-30-2012, 02:54 PM
That's a pretty ridiculous statement by KG. I'm just going to leave it at that. He didn't elaborate why the hate so all I can assume is that he's upset about them not really building much of a contending team around him, though they did treat him with respect and dignity.

Think about it, man. The guy could've just as easily been traded to a non-contending team, but nope. Minny traded him to the future champ Boston Celtics. :confusedshrug: That's a blessing, imo. He could've just as easily retired without a ring, but now he has a ring because the Minnesota Timberwolves' organization wanted him to be happy.
Well OP didn't put the entire quote down...he said he loves the fans and the city but just no the franchise and that's because McHale and Glen Taylor kind of threw KG under the buss during his last years here. A lot of bridges were burned between KG and Glen Taylor.

stallionaire
03-30-2012, 02:56 PM
KG is an idiot.

kumquat
03-30-2012, 02:59 PM
This is probably the worst thing KG has said or done period. Screw all his antics. This is as low as he's gone. K.Love has officially replaced KG as the greatest Timberwolf ever.

Kevin_Garnett_5
03-30-2012, 03:47 PM
PS: I hope Kevin Love absolutely CLOWNS KG and the Celtics tonight. I want a 40-20 laid on that bitch.Good luck with that.

K.Love has officially replaced KG as the greatest Timberwolf ever.:oldlol:

It's always funny when people who have no idea what goes on behind the scenes act all angry over comments like this

stallionaire
03-30-2012, 03:49 PM
Kevin Love breaks franchise records every other week.

He will be the best Wolf to have ever put on the jersey.

ClutchOver9000
03-30-2012, 03:50 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/dw5jdc.gif

:lol :roll: :lol

Kevin_Garnett_5
03-30-2012, 03:53 PM
Kevin Love breaks franchise records every other week.

He will be the best Wolf to have ever put on the jersey.:oldlol:

Droid101
03-30-2012, 03:54 PM
He's already far better than KG was when KG was four seasons in. I don't see this as that much of a stretch. :confusedshrug:

BlackWhiteGreen
03-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Good luck with that.

If Love doesn't get 20 rebounds tonight against our frontline, he'll have been awful. Think KG will keep him quiet offensively though...

stallionaire
03-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Don't pretend like you were there bro. If anyone has respect for what KG did for this franchise it's a guy like me who WAS THERE.

Kevin Love is just a superstar who's doing ridiculous things.

I've been on record for saying the NBA will not see another Kevin Garnett for a long time. His skillset is insane.

Love is going to be better, and it shouldn't shock anyone considering he's 23 and outboarding and scoring KG when he was in his prime.

stallionaire
03-30-2012, 03:57 PM
If Love doesn't get 20 rebounds tonight against our frontline, he'll have been awful. Think KG will keep him quiet offensively though...

See: what other player in NBA history has the expecctations of 20 boards on some nights?

Not KG.

Kevin_Garnett_5
03-30-2012, 04:01 PM
See: what other player in NBA history has the expecctations of 20 boards on some nights?

Not KG.Yeah, right. Kevin Love is a better player than KG. :oldlol: He'll be top 15-20 all-time when it's all said and done.

FireDavidKahn
03-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Good luck with that.

It's always funny when people who have no idea what goes on behind the scenes act all angry over comments like this
You're right, it is funny just like you have no idea about what went on behind the scenes while here at Minny. He was an asshole of epic proportions behind the scenes when he was here in Minny. He will always be the best Wolf in my book but the guy was a prick.

stallionaire
03-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Give me any stats which would lend to KG being a better player on the Wolves than Love is right now.

I would love to be proved wrong. I'm a bigger KG fan than you.

BlackWhiteGreen
03-30-2012, 04:02 PM

Not KG.

Anderson freaking Varejao got 20 rebounds against the Celtics, and he's far from an elite rebounder.

KG is still a better defender, and was far better defensively in his prime/pre-injury. Garnett also had better handles and is/was a better passer. It really depends if you want a PF who can do it all (Garnett) or a PF who can do a couple of things at a higher level but is worse at everything else (Love).

LoneyROY7
03-30-2012, 04:03 PM
That mean-mugging wannabe is about to get served tonight.

stallionaire
03-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Anderson freaking Varejao got 20 rebounds against the Celtics, and he's far from an elite rebounder.

KG is still a better defender, and was far better defensively in his prime/pre-injury. Garnett also had better handles and is/was a better passer. It really depends if you want a PF who can do it all (Garnett) or a PF who can do a couple of things at a higher level but is worse at everything else (Love).

I doubt Varejao will repeat that performance anytime soon.

BlackWhiteGreen
03-30-2012, 04:05 PM
I doubt Varejao will repeat that performance anytime soon.

The point I was making was that anyone considered an elite rebounder should get around 20 against Boston...

2LeTTeRS
03-30-2012, 04:10 PM
This is probably the worst thing KG has said or done period. Screw all his antics. This is as low as he's gone. K.Love has officially replaced KG as the greatest Timberwolf ever.

So a team can throw a player under the bus after he leaves, but if a player criticizes the team after leaving he's wrong? As another poster said earlier I thought it was well-known that KG and McHale (who as GM represented the organization) clashed rather publically after KG was dealt

Don't you remember McHale repeatedly blaming KG for the fact that the team sucked the last 3 years before KG left (even though management Screwed the team much more than KG ever did by making bad deals and getting caught illegally negotiating with Joe Smith which caused them to lose multiple draft picks) and at one point after sending Garnett to Boston made a statement along the lines of "KG rebounds like he's 8 feet tall, but plays offense like a guard."

stallionaire
03-30-2012, 04:13 PM
Fact: KG never took a paycut like Love did this year on a contract in order to bring in talent.

The reason KG didnt have a ring here is because he was greedy.

LoneyROY7
03-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Fact: KG never took a paycut like Love did this year on a contract in order to bring in talent.

Wait, wait...let's not get it twisted though.

I heard Love was none too pleased that the Wolves didn't offer him that 5th year in his contract.

stallionaire
03-30-2012, 04:17 PM
He compromised. He wanted 4 years with an option to walk after the 3rd. This ultimately allows the Wolves to appease him in that request instead of getting max for 5. He realized he wants to have a chacne at winning here with good affordable talent.

LoneyROY7
03-30-2012, 04:20 PM
He compromised. He wanted 4 years with an option to walk after the 3rd. This ultimately allows the Wolves to appease him in that request instead of getting max for 5. He realized he wants to have a chacne at winning here with good affordable talent.

Of course, but there's no doubt Love would have preferred receiving that 5th year of security...which I'm still shocked the Wolves refused to budge on. But hey, they did get a deal done and that's all that matters for now.

Whoah10115
03-30-2012, 04:24 PM
Give me any stats which would lend to KG being a better player on the Wolves than Love is right now.

I would love to be proved wrong. I'm a bigger KG fan than you.

What the **** does this even mean?

KG in 03/04 is at least one of the 10 best seasons anyone has had in the last 35 years.

If they had a better team, Garnett would be top 10. I'm not gonna assume where Love will or will not land, but he's not right now playing anywhere near Garnett. That would make him the best player in the NBA.

2LeTTeRS
03-30-2012, 04:24 PM
You're right, it is funny just like you have no idea about what went on behind the scenes while here at Minny. He was an asshole of epic proportions behind the scenes when he was here in Minny. He will always be the best Wolf in my book but the guy was a prick.

Not seeing your point -- McHale was just as much or more of an asshole toward KG. Theres a lot of blame to go around, not sure why its all thrown on the player.

Love didn't "take a paycut," he accepted the most money the team was willing to offer him, and he was so pissed about it that his brother took to Twitter and basically said Love is planning on leaving Minny at his first chance because of it.

No he didn't win a ring there because your front office made a lot of bad moves. Did you really forget how they let Cassell and Spree walk without replacing them, while also draft poorly (i.e. trading Brandon Roy for Randy Foye) along with the Joe Smith situation maybe you could blame KG for how poorly your franchise fared.

Kevin_Garnett_5
03-30-2012, 04:25 PM

The reason KG didnt have a ring here is because he was greedy.KG took a paycut in '03 so the Wolves could get Spree/Cassell. :oldlol: Some "Wolves fan since '89" you are.

Bigsmoke
03-30-2012, 04:26 PM
Love gonna get 45

LABean
03-30-2012, 04:52 PM
KG is a bitch. Always has been, always will be.

He's probably mad Love has overshadowed his days with the T-Wolves. :lol

rodman91
03-30-2012, 05:15 PM
KG Who? he won't even be the best Kevin in that franchise's history :roll:

highwhey
03-30-2012, 05:17 PM
he happy cuz his season ends sooner than 16 other teams? :oldlol:

highwhey
03-30-2012, 05:22 PM
What the **** does this even mean?

KG in 03/04 is at least one of the 10 best seasons anyone has had in the last 35 years.

If they had a better team, Garnett would be top 10. I'm not gonna assume where Love will or will not land, but he's not right now playing anywhere near Garnett. That would make him the best player in the NBA.
fcking kids i tell you, they see a recent klove scorebox, "GOAT" "MVP". :facepalm

disrespecting an NBA champion. "klove>KG"
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL get the fuhk outta here

come back when Klove takes minny to playoffs, k? until then, drool over some empty stats. klove doesn't know what elite defense is, he doesn't know how to anchor a team's defense.

LABean
03-30-2012, 05:32 PM
he happy cuz his season ends sooner than 16 other teams? :oldlol:
Give Love KG's team, and he'd be in the playoffs. :confusedshrug:

highwhey
03-30-2012, 05:37 PM
Give Love KG's team, and he'd be in the playoffs. :confusedshrug:
dude, klove isn't an elite defender. kg and duncan are highly regarde bigs because they both anchored their teams defenses. just because love can average 27ppg doesn't mean he's better than kg. :no:

Droid101
03-30-2012, 05:48 PM
dude, klove isn't an elite defender. kg and duncan are highly regarde bigs because they both anchored their teams defenses. just because love can average 27ppg doesn't mean he's better than kg. :no:
If Kevin Love was traded straight up for Kevin Garnett this season, the Celtics would be WAY better off this year. Way better.

Kevin_Garnett_5
03-30-2012, 05:54 PM
If Kevin Love was traded straight up for Kevin Garnett this season, the Celtics would be WAY better off this year. Way better.We all know Love is better than a 35 year old KG on bad knees in probably his last season in the league. But to act as if he's on the level of a top 15-20 player of all time in his prime is just completely laughable.

Droid101
03-30-2012, 05:58 PM
We all know Love is better than a 35 year old KG on bad knees in probably his last season in the league. But to act as if he's on the level of a top 15-20 player of all time in his prime is just completely laughable.
Kevin Love's 3rd season >>>>> Kevin Garnett's third season.
Kevin Love's 4th season >> Kevin Garnett's fourth season.

:confusedshrug:

Stern
03-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Talk to me when Love starts playing defense and leads his team to the playoffs.

Kevin_Garnett_5
03-30-2012, 06:05 PM

:confusedshrug:Right, because his numbers are better. :rolleyes:

FireDavidKahn
03-30-2012, 06:14 PM
So a team can throw a player under the bus after he leaves, but if a player criticizes the team after leaving he's wrong? As another poster said earlier I thought it was well-known that KG and McHale (who as GM represented the organization) clashed rather publically after KG was dealt

Don't you remember McHale repeatedly blaming KG for the fact that the team sucked the last 3 years before KG left (even though management Screwed the team much more than KG ever did by making bad deals and getting caught illegally negotiating with Joe Smith which caused them to lose multiple draft picks) and at one point after sending Garnett to Boston made a statement along the lines of "KG rebounds like he's 8 feet tall, but plays offense like a guard."
Even though I'll always be a fan of KG and defend him, no one seems to understand that KG was a monumental prick form day one behind the scenes here in MN.

Jotaro Durant
03-30-2012, 06:16 PM
f,uck twolves they waste garnett prime when he was loyal and knew he was too good for them so sent him out on declining prime

FireDavidKahn
03-30-2012, 06:22 PM
fcking kids i tell you, they see a recent klove scorebox, "GOAT" "MVP". :facepalm

disrespecting an NBA champion. "klove>KG"
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL get the fuhk outta here

come back when Klove takes minny to playoffs, k? until then, drool over some empty stats. klove doesn't know what elite defense is, he doesn't know how to anchor a team's defense.
There's the empty stats argument again.:oldlol:

Please, remind me of Deron Williams team record and where you rank him.

FireMcFailPlease
03-30-2012, 06:29 PM

uh..more like sam cassel injuring his hip back in 2004, and the guy in my avatar is why kg never won a ring here.

Whoah10115
03-30-2012, 06:30 PM

Kevin Garnett's 5th season>better than Kevin Love.

He's not playing better than Kevin Garnett ever has. So you're just saying he's on pace.

FireMcFailPlease
03-30-2012, 06:31 PM
f,uck twolves they waste garnett prime when he was loyal and knew he was too good for them so sent him out on declining prime
well, kg did probably make over 240 million here. he'll be okay.

UtahJazzFan88
03-30-2012, 06:31 PM
Not even close how much better of a player KG was to Minnesota than Love even though Love is great, but KG is a prick with these stupid tough guy antics in the past few years of his career.

FireMcFailPlease
03-30-2012, 06:36 PM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/557206_10151451101115343_709790342_23571694_581705 33_n.jpg

i think the gap is closer than you think. kg is the superior defender, love is the superior 4th qtr player.

rebounds, passing are a push

love also has played for 2 of the worst coaches in nba history, record wise in wittman and kurt rambis.

ill revisit this in a couple years...but love is a beast and a better scorer already than kg was(high was like 23 ppg his mvp year, love is around 26 ppg with better range and ft%)

knickballer
03-30-2012, 06:48 PM
He's mad that he couldn't win shit in Minny...

Dirk with a supporting cast as talented as that of KG was able to make multiple playoff appearances, some great records, 2 finals appearances, etc.

FireDavidKahn
03-30-2012, 07:06 PM
He's mad that he couldn't win shit in Minny...

Dirk with a supporting cast as talented as that of KG was able to make multiple playoff appearances, some great records, 2 finals appearances, etc.
:coleman:

BlackWhiteGreen
03-30-2012, 07:15 PM
I think we all need to accept the fact that Garnett will never get true recognition for what he has done because people don't like him.

18th in scoring all time
12th in rebounding all time
only player to have 20k points, 10k rebounds, 5k assists, 1.5k steals, 1.5k blocks

should he really be penalised all time because he is a dick? Very few players have/had his all-round ability.

Droid101
03-30-2012, 07:17 PM
I think we all need to accept the fact that Garnett will never get true recognition for what he has done because people don't like him.

18th in scoring all time
12th in rebounding all time
only player to have 20k points, 10k rebounds, 5k assists, 1.5k steals, 1.5k blocks

should he really be penalised all time because he is a dick? Very few players have/had his all-round ability.
Who is saying he wasn't a good player?

I'm just saying he's a dick and currently old.

LABean
03-30-2012, 07:20 PM
I'd take Love over any KG. :confusedshrug:

BlackWhiteGreen
03-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Who is saying he wasn't a good player?

Yeah, a player with no peers in terms of all-round ability over a long term career is being compared to a 4th year guy... It's pretty insulting to someone who is easily a top 5 GOAT PF.

BlackWhiteGreen
03-30-2012, 07:21 PM
I'd take Love over any KG. :confusedshrug:

You refer to a person as "GOATbe". GTFO any serious thread.

LABean
03-30-2012, 07:24 PM
You refer to a person as "GOATbe". GTFO any serious thread.
Celtics avy. Not even gonna bother discussing anything with you. :blah :blah

BlackWhiteGreen
03-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Celtics avy. Not even gonna bother discussing anything with you. :blah :blah

I am devastated.

Kews1
03-30-2012, 07:33 PM
I would hate the franchise too if the best they could get me in 12 years was Sam Cassell & Latrell Sprewell. KG was made to carry that team more than any other player in history has probably been forced to carry a team he had to do everything look at how from his rookie year he goes on to take over everything.

These are the totals that KG led in each year.

Rookie Year - Lead the team in blocks
1996-97 - blocks, second in scoring,steals,rebounds.
1997-98 - points,blocks,steals,rebounds
1998-99 - points,blocks,steals,rebounds. Second in assists
1999-00 - points,blocks,rebounds. Second steals & assists.
2000-01 - points,blocks,rebounds. Second steals & assists.
2001-02 - points,blocks,rebounds,steals. Second in assists
2002-03 - points,blocks,rebounds,steals,assists.
2003-04 - points,blocks,steals,rebounds. Second assists
2004-05 - points,steals,assists,rebounds Second blocks.
2005-06 - points,assists,rebounds. Second in blocks & assists
2006-07 - points,blocks,steals,rebounds. Second in assists.
Traded to Celtics.

These are the second highest scorers by totals each year KG led

1997-98 - Stephon Marbury (20Years old)
1998-99 - Joe Smith
1999-00 - Terrell Brandon
2000-01 - Terrell Brandon
2001-02 - Wally Szczerbiak
2002-03 - Troy Hudson
2003-04 - Sam Cassell
2004-05 - Wally Szczerbiak
2005-06 - Wally Szczerbiak
2006-07 - Ricky Davis

These guys at least the majority are not second option championship material.

Kevin Love

Rookie Year - Lead team in rebounds
2009-10 - Second in rebounds
2010-11 - points& rebounds. Second in assists.
2011-12 - points& rebounds. Second in blocks.

KG vs Love @ 262nd Game from NBA.com. Ive highlighted the ones in which each person respectively leads.

Love
Age - 23y-6m-21d
Wins - 77
Losses - 185
Winning Percentage - .294
All-Star Games - 2
Playoff Appearances - 0
Starts - 180
Minutes Per Game - 31.6
Points Per Game - 17.2
Rebounds Per Game - 12.1
Assists Per Game - 1.9
Steals Per Game - 0.63
Blocks Per Game - 0.48
Turnovers Per Game - 1.9
FG-FGA - 1513-3293
FG Percentage - .459
3FG-3FGA - 220-581
3-Point Percentage - .379
FT-FTA - 1249-1521
FT Percentage - .821
Double-Doubles - 173
Triple-Doubles - 0
30-Point Games - 28
40-Point Games - 4
20-Rebound Games - 17

KG

Age - 22y-9m-25d
Wins - 124
Losses - 138
Percentage - .473
All-Star Games - 2
Playoff Appearances - 2
Starts - 225
Minutes Per Game - 35.8
Points Per Game - 15.7
Rebounds Per Game - 8.3
Assists Per Game - 3.2
Steals Per Game - 1.42
Blocks Per Game - 1.89
Turnovers Per Game - 2.1
FG-FGA - 1737-3562
FG Percentage - .488
3FG-3FGA - 18-70
3-Point Percentage - .257
FT-FTA - 630-856
FT Percentage - .736
Double-Doubles - 90
Triple-Doubles - 1
30-Point Games - 5
40-Point Games - 0
20-Rebound Games - 1

Team W/L percentage each year

KG 1st year - .317
KG 2nd year -.488
KG 3rd year - .549
KG 4th year - .500

KL 1st year - .293
KL 2nd year - . 183
KL 3rd year - .207
KL 4th year - .481

Kews1
03-30-2012, 07:42 PM
KG was younger at this stage.

KL has better stats for scoring and rebounding but KG was better all around and was leading his team in most categories and had been to the playoffs twice and had better win percentages?

Judgement call really. Loves numbers make him look like hes around about KG's level but i still think KG is one of the all time greats which Love will not be.

So i take The Franchise hahaha

The Franchise hates that franchise.

Derka
03-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Yeah, that's not the entire quote. CSN just played the whole thing. He loves the fans there and is glad there's a player like Kevin Love there to make basketball important for those people again.

Kews1
03-30-2012, 07:48 PM
yea i left a comment saying it wasnt directed at the fans just the franchise itself

All Net
03-30-2012, 08:02 PM

Of course, KG has nothing but love for their fans.

Brickz187
03-30-2012, 08:56 PM
I think its quite disrespectful how people treat Garnett. Kevin Love is better than Garnett has EVER been? Really? How disrespectful.

Artillery
03-30-2012, 08:59 PM

Both of those things apply to Kobe as well. In fact, Garnett's being productive for his team while Kobe's the biggest cancer in the league right now.

Mgamer20o0
03-30-2012, 09:05 PM
not sure if its been said but.... nothing positive to say about a team that paid him what 100+ million to play basketball?

CJ Mustard
03-30-2012, 10:18 PM
Love gonna get 45A 35 year old KG just thoroughly outplayed Love. :oldlol: KG must have read this thread.

CelticBaller
03-30-2012, 10:20 PM
:biggums:

winnnaz
03-30-2012, 11:13 PM

You do realise that KG was drafted straight out of high school right?
So he was younger. Yeah? You knew that?

Smoke117
03-30-2012, 11:19 PM

:biggums: :yaohappy: Seventeen years in the league and 35 years old and Kevin Garnett shits on Kevin Love as a defensive player...now that's something to talk about. Frankly he shits on just about every PF but Timmy D his veteran in many wars and Josh Smith. It's Pathetic how weak the PF's of this generation are at defense.

Mach_3
03-30-2012, 11:32 PM
Naturally all the Kevin Love stans pull a disappearing act after Minny gets THRASHED :roll: :roll:

Love is a great player, better than prime Garnett? HELL god damn no

winnnaz
03-30-2012, 11:32 PM
Naturally all the Kevin Love stans pull a disappearing act after Minny gets THRASHED :roll: :roll:

Love is a great player, better than prime Garnett? HELL god damn no
He has sexy looking statz though haha

LoneyROY7
03-30-2012, 11:39 PM
Yup, I'm here to eat crow.

http://www.derekfryer.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/projects/b_eat_crow.jpg

Mach_3
03-30-2012, 11:43 PM
He has sexy looking statz though haha

5/18 ain't exactly to sexy though :lol

The only thing that's really the same about us two is our first names," Love
said. "It's a really unfair comparison. He's a once-in-a-generation,
once-in-a-lifetime type player.

At least Love shows some respect :bowdown:

Kews1
03-30-2012, 11:50 PM
Damn, that was some display by the greatest player in Timberwolves history

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

The alpha wolf just put the 2nd wolf in his place :bowdown: :bowdown:

Kevin Garnett = Still "The franchise"

MTing
03-30-2012, 11:57 PM
[QUOTE]During the second quarter, Garnett was taking the ball out of bounds and a fan hollered:

04mzwach
03-31-2012, 12:07 AM
We shipped his ass, so he's mad. It's understandable. He did get a ring out of it though.

Rowe
03-31-2012, 12:36 AM
We shipped his ass, so he's mad. It's understandable. He did get a ring out of it though.
:coleman:

Yeah KG was completely caught off guard by the T'Wolves trading him in the middle of the night so they could "rebuild".:lol

KG told the Wolves to trade him because their Ownership/FO is quite possibly worse than the Clippers in the last 24 years at talent evaluation. He knew that after they refused to bring back Sprewell/Cassell that their FO was never going to get him another competitive team. This is the same Front Office that forked over a future unprotected 1st Rounder for Marko Jaric.:facepalm KG is the reason why all of these guys on cheap, small market teams wanted out of their situations.

Lets look at what Minnesota got back for their All Star, HOF PF:

- Al Jefferson (traded to Utah for a Trade Exception)
- Ryan Gomes (traded for Martell Webster)
- Gerald Green (waived)
- Theo Ratliff (waived)
- Sebastian Telfair (traded for Quentin Richardson)
- 2009 pick that became Wayne Ellington (bench scrub)
- 2009 pick that became Jonny Flynn (draft bust)

You guys honestly believe Kevin Love/Ricky Rubio/Derrick Williams will be their core moving forward and they will be a "contender"? Nope.

Guarantee you Kahn is going to ship Williams out for an overrated Shooting Guard.

Harison
03-31-2012, 04:05 AM
"The only thing that's really the same about us two is our first names," Love said. "It's a really unfair comparison. He's a once-in-a-generation,
once-in-a-lifetime type player."

Love keeping it real, unlike some Love fans/KG haters :cheers:

nbacardDOTnet
03-31-2012, 08:25 AM
I'd take KG over any Love. :confusedshrug:

fixed

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/y%20NBA%20etc/1%20Miami%20Heat/justgotreal.gif

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/Kevin%20Garnett/y%20In%20Your%20Face%20Jam/vs.gif

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/Kevin%20Garnett/Playoffs%201%20%20Wolves/06dd009f.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/DavidRobinson_HakeemOlajuwon_KevinGarnett.jpg

The only 20,000-10,000-5,000-1,500-1,500 club through entire NBA history

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/March-2011-12KevinGarnett20000-10000-5000-1500-1500club.jpg

Teanett
03-31-2012, 08:39 AM
i can understand kg:

- t-wloves traded marbury
- the joe smith debacle
- didnt want to pay spree and traded cassell

they were holding him back.