PDA

View Full Version : Russell Westbrook is a punk a$$ B%$h

bsyde82
03-30-2012, 03:14 PM
I'm not an ISH regular, so I may be Captain Obvious here, but my God, I knew he was cocky, but I've never seen it to THAT extent until last night.

He played an awesome game in terms of scoring, but this kid is going to get what's coming to him at some point. I wonder how Durant feels, as he's not nearly the chest-puffer and preener that Westbrook is, and it's clear Westbrook LOVES, and I do mean LOVES being the star.

Young stars chest puffing in the regular season is so :facepalm

ThunderKat
03-30-2012, 03:16 PM
He's cocky... no doubt. Durant is very humble and soft spoken. Really polar opposites in how they conduct themselves. I like the passion that Westbrook plays with, but I could do with less of the excessive celebrations.

Kblaze8855
03-30-2012, 03:16 PM
I try not to hate on cocky stars who have done little but....be cocky. Give me an 80 million dollar deal and have me drop 36 on the Lakers I might show my ass a little.

OKCThunderUP
03-30-2012, 03:17 PM
Mad Lakers fan? :oldlol:

Russ really isnt that cocky, moreso he's confident in his abilities as well as emotional. If last night showed anything, it's that none of OKC's young stars are intimidated by players like Kobe, Lebron, etc. That's a good thing.

bsyde82
03-30-2012, 03:21 PM
He's cocky... no doubt. Durant is very humble and soft spoken. Really polar opposites in how they conduct themselves. I like the passion that Westbrook plays with, but I could do with less of the excessive celebrations.

yea passion is a good thing. I even like cockiness in players. But the guy was preening after literally every shot he made, and I could see him mouthing words every time back down the court, including "we got these motherf%@#rs" or something along those lines. I guess someone like Kobe is liable for saying the same sort of thing at times, but you could say he's earned the right.

Then the six shooter thing after hitting a 3 at the end of the quarter. Then, I could be wrong but this is what I thought I saw, but after hitting a shot, he looked for Kobe, was shouting his name to get his attention so he could wink at him. After that, I thought, Good Lord, that's just inviting bad things. Not necessarily from Kobe, who sadly looks like he doesn't have the physical ability to go on retribution nights anymore, but just from a karmic angle. If you believe in that sort of thing. I kind of do.

Kid needs to be reigned in.

EnoughSaid
03-30-2012, 03:22 PM
Westbrook is a BEAST. 2nd best PG behind Rose and is turning into a lethal force in the league. A top 10 player? :confusedshrug:

bsyde82
03-30-2012, 03:24 PM

Russ really isnt that cocky, moreso he's confident in his abilities as well as emotional. If last night showed anything, it's that none of OKC's young stars are intimidated by players like Kobe, Lebron, etc. That's a good thing.

haha no doubt, I'm a mad laker fan today. Well, mad Kobe fan, and it's alarming to me how many young players will talk smack to Kobe. Given what we've been told about about MJ. I wonder if it's a generational thing, or a difference between the intimidation factor of Kobe v. MJ.

But c'mon man, don't deny he's real cocky. He's got abilities to back it up for sure, but let's not pretend here.

bsyde82
03-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Westbrook is a BEAST. 2nd best PG behind Rose and is turning into a lethal force in the league. A top 10 player? :confusedshrug:

This thread was in no way to discredit his ability, or to say he's got nothing to be cocky about. He could be the best player in the world and I would still find his behavior off-putting. But that's just me.

He did beast last night though. Laker crowd being quieted shot after shot reminded me of the Dirk nightmare last season :-/

GOBB
03-30-2012, 03:26 PM
Wow someone blew a fuse and it wasnt a Lakers player. Why are you THAT mad? He dropped 36 on the Lakers in their backyard. Why does he have to sit with his hands folded and say yes sir, no maam? What do you mean get whats coming to him? Someone is going to do what he did when they drop 36 with a win in his backyard? Oh no, dont dare give Westbrook a taste of his own medicine! :roll:

Relax kid.

ClutchOver9000
03-30-2012, 03:30 PM

c'mon son.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1033198/west.gif

Kblaze8855
03-30-2012, 03:31 PM
I even like cockiness in players. But the guy was preening after literally every shot he made, and I could see him mouthing words every time back down the court, including "we got these motherf%@#rs" or something along those lines. I guess someone like Kobe is liable for saying the same sort of thing at times, but you could say he's earned the right.

Kobe did it before he earned anything. He was out there blowing kisses at opponents, yelling, growling, arguing with refs like he deserves star calls, and acting hard with Nick in like 1998.

If its in you its in you.

Russell doesnt bug me at all really. If he plays like the last couple years for any long period of time hes gonna be cocky all the way to a HOF speech.

Guys like Tim Hardaway, Payton, and Steve Smith were showing their ass the whole 90s and people look back giving them respect. Russell will be no different.

Hes not gonna "get whats coming to him". Worst case he catches a hard foul at some point or gets hurt but....its not like the universe doles out the sports related harshness in porportion to your evil deeds. If it does Grant Hill must have blown up a school bus at some point....

If healthy hes gonna be a 8-12 time all star, make 200 million dollars, retire a legend and win a lot of games.

Ive caught a big head over doing far less impressive things....

Ask Gobb. If I hit you with a nice move on NBA 2k I might be bringing it up for 2 years.

Who are we to call the kid out? You ever get 80 million and have the love athletes on his level get?

Not like hes hurting anyone(far as I know). And if hes working as hard as he must to be as good as he is im not gonna hate on his respect for the game either.

Young man earned his platform with years of hard work. Till he does something worse than be too confident(in hard earned abilities) or not pile on the fake humility some players force down our throats....im cool with him.

StateOfMind12
03-30-2012, 03:32 PM
c'mon son.

Joakim Noah does that every time he makes a jump shot. Do you consider Noah cocky too?

Westbrook is cocky but why does it matter? You really think most NBA players aren't cocky or something? He just shows it a lot more than others do, big ****ing deal.

ClutchOver9000
03-30-2012, 03:34 PM
Joakim Noah does that every time he makes a jump shot. Do you consider Noah cocky too?

Westbrook is cocky but why does it matter? You really think most NBA players aren't cocky or something? He just shows it a lot more than others do, big ****ing deal.

its not a big deal to me, but it is what it is. Saying it isnt true is just :lol

GOBB
03-30-2012, 03:36 PM
c'mon son.

:roll:

d21221hk
03-30-2012, 03:36 PM
double standards much kobe stan?

ILLsmak
03-30-2012, 03:37 PM
Kobe did it before he earned anything. He was out there blowing kisses at opponents, yelling, growling, arguing with refs like he deserves star calls, and acting hard with Nick in like 1998.

If its in you its in you.

Russell doesnt bug me at all really. If he plays like the last couple years for any long period of time hes gonna be cocky all the way to a HOF speech.

Guys like Tim Hardaway, Payton, and Steve Smith were showing their ass the whole 90s and people look back giving them respect. Russell will be no different.

Hes not gonna "get whats coming to him". Worst case he catches a hard foul at some point or gets hurt but....its not like the universe doles out the sports related harshness in porportion to your evil deeds. If it does Grant Hill must have blown up a school bus at some point....

If healthy hes gonna be a 8-12 time all star, make 200 million dollars, retire a legend and win a lot of games.

Ive caught a big head over doing far less impressive things....

Ask Gobb. If I hit you with a nice move on NBA 2k I might be bringing it up for 2 years.

Who are we to call the kid out? You ever get 80 million and have the love athletes on his level get?

Not like hes hurting anyone(far as I know). And if hes working as hard as he must to be as good as he is im not gonna hate on his respect for the game either.

Young man earned his platform with years of hard work. Till he does something worse than be too confident(in hard earned abilities) or not pile on the fake humility some players force down our throats....im cool with him.

But in reality Russ is mentally weak. I know it doesn't logically follow to make that conclusion by his showmanship, but it is true. There are different kinds of showmanship... over the top showmanship is insecurity.

MJ or Larry Bird of even Shaq those guys have moments where they were doing their thing, but it was mostly TO the player they were dominating. See the difference? I am not mad at him for what he does, but he will get what's coming to him because he will shrink and then people will pile all of the shit on him and he won't be mentally ready for it.

-Smak

maybeshewill13
03-30-2012, 03:37 PM
I'd be cocky if I was as awesome as Goatbrook :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Also OP is a ******.

stallionaire
03-30-2012, 03:39 PM
THE ENTIRE GAME

Kobe was in Russel's ear... standing too close to him and Fisher... just jawing off.

Russel exploded in the 4th quarter as a way to flick off Kobe for talking shit the entire game

I swear to got none of this forum watches games closely.

Bucket_Nakedz
03-30-2012, 03:41 PM
the nba needs more players like this. the thuggish, the better. i can't believe nobody has had the balls to swing a haymaker at these whack ass refs. the players make the league.

ClutchOver9000
03-30-2012, 03:44 PM
THE ENTIRE GAME

Kobe was in Russel's ear... standing too close to him and Fisher... just jawing off.

Russel exploded in the 4th quarter as a way to flick off Kobe for talking shit the entire game

I swear to got none of this forum watches games closely.

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab125/tambourineman420/rubio.jpg

Derrick
03-30-2012, 03:47 PM
Better than kobe showing off his underbite everytime he makes a shot. When he makes that face I :facepalm

Grinder
03-30-2012, 03:48 PM
He's the best point guard in the league right now, he has a right to be confident in his abilities. I have no problem with players being arrogant/cocky...you need all kinds of personalities in the league. Guys I have a problem with are people like Matt Barnes who blatantly try to injure other players.

OKCThunderUP
03-30-2012, 03:48 PM
But in reality Russ is mentally weak. I know it doesn't logically follow to make that conclusion by his showmanship, but it is true. There are different kinds of showmanship... over the top showmanship is insecurity.

MJ or Larry Bird of even Shaq those guys have moments where they were doing their thing, but it was mostly TO the player they were dominating. See the difference? I am not mad at him for what he does, but he will get what's coming to him because he will shrink and then people will pile all of the shit on him and he won't be mentally ready for it.

-Smak

Mentally weak? lolwut. Westbrook's resiliency is what makes him so good. He doesn't get down on himself if he's having a bad night and he's gotten much better at not letting opposing PGs get in his head. He's FAR from mentally weak.

LoneyROY7
03-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Mentally weak? lolwut. Westbrook's resiliency is what makes him so good. He doesn't get down on himself if he's having a bad night and he's gotten much better at not letting opposing PGs get in his head. He's FAR from mentally weak.

He's mentally weak in the sense that he gets too easily wrapped up in these individual match-ups on the floor.

He's too concerned at times about showing up Kobe, outdoing Rose, etc. then he is playing winning and team-oriented basketball. And that will not bode well for the Thunder in the playoffs.

Alamo
03-30-2012, 03:55 PM
You have the right to be cocky when you're as good as him. I love seeing players celebrate

dunksby
03-30-2012, 03:58 PM
That's why he is the best fit for the Thunder as he complements Durant's cool and levelheadedness.

strifed169
03-30-2012, 03:58 PM
c'mon son.

BOOM!!.. sucka..

:rockon:

LA_Showtime
03-30-2012, 04:02 PM
I loved it. For all this talk of guys like T-Mac and Vince who didn't give a shit, you would think people would appreciate guys like Westbrook. He was whipping the shit out of LA and he wasn't afraid to show it.

liquidrage
03-30-2012, 04:06 PM
I don't know. The OKC gang seems to really enjoy playing and have fun. They all have their little things. Russ does the guns, Harden does the hands to the floor. Ibaka does the one hand to chest.

Kobe, Lebron and others are always very complimentary to Russ, so I don't think the players get that upset over it. Kobe's always been a crap talker and that never bothered me about him.

It is showboating a little bit IMO. But it's the NBA, I don't have a problem with it. Anymore then the TD and sack celebrations the NFL has taken away that almost all fans want back.

I<3NBA
03-30-2012, 04:09 PM
you know what? i've been waiting a long time for Kobe to get what's coming to him. did it happen yet?

GOBB
03-30-2012, 04:11 PM
When did Westbrook become mentally weak? :oldlol:

LoneyROY7
03-30-2012, 04:13 PM
When did Westbrook become mentally weak? :oldlol:

If you read my post, you'll see the explanation...

Ronin
03-30-2012, 04:22 PM
I'm not an ISH regular, so I may be Captain Obvious here, but my God, I knew he was cocky, but I've never seen it to THAT extent until last night.

He played an awesome game in terms of scoring, but this kid is going to get what's coming to him at some point. I wonder how Durant feels, as he's not nearly the chest-puffer and preener that Westbrook is, and it's clear Westbrook LOVES, and I do mean LOVES being the star.

Young stars chest puffing in the regular season is so :facepalm

what's wrong with being cocky? He backs it up especially this year.