PDA

View Full Version : Garnett Just Destroyed Love..........

Jotaro Durant
03-30-2012, 10:34 PM
but yall gon act like that:kobe:

LBJMVP
03-30-2012, 10:37 PM
but yall gon act like that:kobe:

wouldn't say destroyed, but he did surprisingly outplay him.

SpecialQue
03-30-2012, 10:41 PM
:durantunimpressed:

winnnaz
03-30-2012, 10:42 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/x6mvjl.jpg
Had to remind him who is Minnesota's best player ever.

Nick Young
03-30-2012, 10:46 PM
Garnett hates white people

Kingwillball
03-30-2012, 10:55 PM
Umm.. They finished with almost the exact same NUmbers.. KG 24,10,4 vs Love 22,11,3.. How is that destroying ? :confusedshrug:

Jotaro Durant
03-30-2012, 11:00 PM
Umm.. They finished with almost the exact same NUmbers.. KG 24,10,4 vs Love 22,11,3.. How is that destroying ? :confusedshrug:
did u watch the game:biggums:
love got no shots around the paint when garnett there only made 3s mostly free throws
12/18 shooting VS 5/18 shooting:kobe:

montaownedu
03-30-2012, 11:01 PM

Maybe because Love went 5/18 from the field, and never looked at all comfortable out there. Watch the game instead of just reciting the box score.

SacJB Shady
03-30-2012, 11:19 PM
Whenever i see Love, i hardly notice his rebounds. It's weird how they pile up, it doesn't seem like he's inhaling them. It just looks like nobody else is getting them on his team, and he goes and gets the easy ones.

DMAVS41
03-30-2012, 11:20 PM
Its amazing how well KG and Duncan are playing this year. KG has been especially great

KG is averaging 17/9/3 on 54% shooting the last two months

Oh...and he's doing that in only 31 minutes played.....unreal

Brickz187
03-30-2012, 11:40 PM
Its amazing how well KG and Duncan are playing this year. KG has been especially great

I don't find it amazing in a sense like most people think. Most people think it is shocking that they are putting up the numbers they are. It's KG and Duncan. Two of the best PF's to ever play the game. I don't care how old they are. They are amazing talents. Its so disrespectful to say Love is anywhere near the caliber of KG or Duncan. Don't even think about adding in Dirk. Sad to see how disrespectful some people can be to the older players who still got it.

DMAVS41
03-30-2012, 11:43 PM
I don't find it amazing in a sense like most people think. Most people think it is shocking that they are putting up the number they are. It's KG and Duncan. Two of the best PF's to ever play the game. I don't care how old they are. They are amazing talents. Its so disrespectful to say Love is anywhere near the caliber of KG or Duncan.

I find it pretty amazing that KG at 35 years old can have two months of play like that...being that productive and still anchoring the defense.

Of course they are two of the best pf's ever, but I mean....how many players are actually better than them in the NBA?

Its kind of crazy to think they might both be top 20 players in the league.

Mach_3
03-30-2012, 11:46 PM

Doc moving Garnett to the 5 spot really put the springs back in that man's step :bowdown:

Kews1
03-30-2012, 11:51 PM

Did you even watch!?

KG was locking Love down whenever he was defending him.

KG Beast Mode :bowdown:

Kews1
03-30-2012, 11:56 PM
So Kevin how do you feel about your performance against Kevin Love tonight?

http://i43.tinypic.com/dw5jdc.jpg

PP34Deuce
03-30-2012, 11:59 PM
It was weird his athletiscm turned back the clock 2008 Garnett. Dude had a quick step. We hope to see this KG for MIA.

the next 3 games are brutal. I do think we beat SA, but we really gotta beat MIA o CHI to get cushion for 4th seed.

04mzwach
03-31-2012, 12:03 AM
Garnett's length is an obvious advantage over Kevin Love. We have no center, man.

Miserio
03-31-2012, 12:14 AM
It was weird his athletiscm turned back the clock 2008 Garnett. Dude had a quick step. We hope to see this KG for MIA.

the next 3 games are brutal. I do think we beat SA, but we really gotta beat MIA o CHI to get cushion for 4th seed.
I think Parker is gonna give too much problems to Rondo and he's gonna be tired to operate the way he always does. I think we lose against Spurs and Mia and beat Chicago Roseless.

Smoke117
03-31-2012, 12:21 AM
Garnett's length is an obvious advantage over Kevin Love. We have no center, man.

...really...making excuses for getting worked by a player who is 35 years old with 17 years in the league? :roll: :roll: :roll:

04mzwach
03-31-2012, 12:26 AM
...really...making excuses for getting worked by a player who is 35 years old with 17 years in the league? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Garnett's jumper is still ungaurdable and he can lock down even bigger guys inside the paint. Love just had a bad shooting night. He never plays well against Boston very often. Don't degrade KG though. He is still a good player, especially when he's motivated. He loves playing against Minnesota.

kileer7
03-31-2012, 12:33 AM
KG is the ****ing man, period. :D

Pointguard
03-31-2012, 01:00 AM

This.
I think KG and TD are among the smartest PF's as well. So they know how to be effective and really pick their spots as well. I used to think KG only knew one speed - maniacal intensity. I don't fully understand why he plays so much better at center.

La Frescobaldi
03-31-2012, 01:18 AM
I don't find it amazing in a sense like most people think. Most people think it is shocking that they are putting up the numbers they are. It's KG and Duncan. Two of the best PF's to ever play the game. I don't care how old they are. They are amazing talents. Its so disrespectful to say Love is anywhere near the caliber of KG or Duncan. Don't even think about adding in Dirk. Sad to see how disrespectful some people can be to the older players who still got it.

Nobody has ever played basketball better than Wilt Chamberlain. Nobody.

Hittin_Shots
03-31-2012, 01:21 AM
Nobody has ever played basketball better than Wilt Chamberlain. Nobody.

Yes they have,

Lebron23
03-31-2012, 01:27 AM
Kevin Love will never be better than Prime Kevin Garnett. Prime Garnett is one of the GOAT Defenders of all time. KG is also 4 inches taller than Love.

SyRyanYang
03-31-2012, 02:12 AM
did u watch the game:biggums:
love got no shots around the paint when garnett there only made 3s mostly free throws
12/18 shooting VS 5/18 shooting:kobe:
they took same amount of shots and finished with similar stat. how's that destroying?

kNIOKAS
03-31-2012, 02:27 AM
they took same amount of shots and finished with similar stat. how's that destroying?
:biggums:

anyway, I got to bump this another thread. see what kids claim there

pnyozzzoo
03-31-2012, 02:56 AM
That's why I think Love is not a franchise player, but a GOAT Garbage man.

He grabs lots boards but he does not play good defense, so he cannot anchor your defense.

He scores lots points but he does it off ball, shooting open or screened 3s like a SG, He does not create his owns shot, his So Occasional post moves are so rare and he only does he when he is completely open to play a easy defender.

Basically you have a guy who is good at rebounding but not good at defending. only scores on weak side or put backs and cannot command double team. If you stick a good defender on him 24/7, and his offense will just fold.

A player that can contribute a lot as the sec or third option on a championship team. But if you make him your franchise player, he cannot anchor defense or
offense. your are going no where. And his leadership is abysmal he seems borderline selfish out there.

LoneyROY7
03-31-2012, 02:57 AM

He grabs lots boards but he does not play good defense, so he cannot anchor your defense.

He scores lots points but he does it off ball, shooting open or screened 3s like a SG, He does not create his owns shot, his So Occasional post moves are so rare and he only does he when he is completely open to play a easy defender.

Basically you have a guy who is good at rebounding but not good at defending. only scores on weak side or put backs and cannot command double team. If you stick a good defender on him 24/7, and his offense will just fold.

A player that can contribute a lot as the sec or third option on a championship team. But if you make him your franchise player, he cannot anchor defense or
offense. your are going no where. And his leadership is abysmal he seems borderline selfish out there.

What's up Nick Young?

tazb
03-31-2012, 02:59 AM
Klove is a stat pudder. He can't carry a f'n team on his back like my man KG. That takes heart, that takes blood, tears it takes a MAN.

A round of applause for one of the greatest to hit these wooden floors.

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/NBA+Finals+Game+1+Boston+Celtics+v+Los+Angeles+Axw 0SNsD1-ol.jpg

Hittin_Shots
03-31-2012, 03:05 AM

18 shots is 18 plays, FT's aren't counted in the shots, but they take a play so if he had 5 lots of fts that's 23 plays instead of 18.

SyRyanYang
03-31-2012, 03:46 AM
18 shots is 18 plays, FT's are counted in the shots, but they take a play so if he had 5 lots of fts that's 23 plays instead of 18.
The timberwolves have many player sitting out. Take a look at their roster. He had to keep shooting even he's having the worst night in like two months.
And you get to ft lines because you earned it in the paint.
Love also made two 3pts and grabbed four offense rebounds :coleman:

fos
03-31-2012, 03:49 AM
When Love has a bad game it's a baaaaaaad game.

Hittin_Shots
03-31-2012, 03:57 AM
The timberwolves have many player sitting out. Take a look at their roster. He had to keep shooting even he's having the worst night in like two months.
And you get to ft lines because you earned it in the paint.
Love also made two 3pts and grabbed four offense rebounds :coleman:

I didnt say FT weren't earnt I said they make it look like less shots...makin 10/11 means he was kind of 10/23.5 I guess.

ILLsmak
03-31-2012, 04:13 AM
This.
I think KG and TD are among the smartest PF's as well. So they know how to be effective and really pick their spots as well. I used to think KG only knew one speed - maniacal intensity. I don't fully understand why he plays so much better at center.

I'd say that he is facing less comp at C. how many banger Cs are there that can score? Anyone who isn't using his body to overpower KG will be at a disadvantage because he's a 7 footer with long arms.

-Smak

drza44
03-31-2012, 05:27 AM

KG and Love were on-court together for 26 minutes and 33 seconds:

Love 8 points, 2/9 FG (38.8% TS), 8 reb, -11

Garnett: 18 points, 9/15 FG (60% TS), 9 reb, +11

Love got his numbers when Garnett went to the bench and made it seem somewhat respectable, but when they were both on the court Garnett did just destroy him...

blacknapalm
03-31-2012, 05:31 AM

Love got his numbers when Garnett went to the bench and made it seem somewhat respectable, but when they were both on the court Garnett did just destroy him...

this is true. historically, KG has given love problems. millsap also gives love problems. that doesn't mean he's 'exposed' or isn't a great player. i just think love's game is most affected by smart bigs with guard-like skills

dunksby
03-31-2012, 05:32 AM
Shit, I wanted to see Pek vs KG, Love is too soft to do anything against KG.

blablabla
03-31-2012, 05:36 AM
:bowdown: :bowdown:
fvck love

SpaceJammeR
03-31-2012, 05:56 AM
garnett was looking good today. his hops looked nice...

alenleomessi
03-31-2012, 05:58 AM
KG probably read this article (http://www.nba.com/2012/news/features/steve_aschburner/03/30/love-and-garnett/?ls=iref:nbahpt1) before the game

Harison
03-31-2012, 06:07 AM
KG probably read this article (http://www.nba.com/2012/news/features/steve_aschburner/03/30/love-and-garnett/?ls=iref:nbahpt1) before the game

:lol

nba.com is a bit pathetic sometimes, but I get why they prop their current All-stars, its all about marketing. Like when Kobe was in the Finals few seasons ago, NBA had many articles comparing Kobe to Jordan as an equal, or even eclipsing him.

jlauber
03-31-2012, 07:25 AM
I wouldn't read too much into ONE game. Having said that, though, Garnett is quietly putting together an outstanding season. Still, Love is having an MVP-type year (although he won't win it.)

pnyozzzoo
03-31-2012, 08:11 AM
Love for MVP is a joke, yes he got big stats but he s not an impactful player. He cannot even get his team out of the lottery. His teammates got so much better this year , his coach is so much better and the west is weaker this year too. and his monster stats don't translate to wins.

blacknapalm
03-31-2012, 08:14 AM
Love for MVP is a joke, yes he got big stats but he s not an impactful player. He cannot even get his team out of the lottery. His teammates got so much better this year , his coach is so much better and the west is weaker this year too. and his monster stats don't translate to wins.

show me playoff teams that have missed these guys for extended periods:

- starting C (also didn't emerge until around december)
- starting PG
- one of the backup PGs
- supposed '6th man' beasley being super inconsistent to go along with the rest of their bench

no one even expected this team to sniff the playoffs but the injuries really doomed them. ignorance is the only reason why i can see people acting like love's team is healthy and poised. in reality, he has 2/3 of his starting lineup missing and the bench is a mess

the backup C is playing so poorly that adelman has called him out in public AND even with pek hurt, he can't sniff 15 mins

Kews1
03-31-2012, 08:16 AM
MVP's have to get there teams to the playoffs. Untill hes in the playoffs hes not in the discussion

Coolaak
03-31-2012, 09:42 AM
Love is way to underrated on these boards... goat role player? I dont even like Minnesota but come on...

pnyozzzoo
03-31-2012, 10:03 AM
again,

He got schooled by KG, Duncan, Dirk, Millsap, The reason NBA.com crowned him "best power forward" is because He outplayed LMA and Blake in a week or so. IMO those 2 are overrated No D PF just like him. And I agree he is better than those 2.

Kingwillball
03-31-2012, 10:57 AM
Maybe because Love went 5/18 from the field, and never looked at all comfortable out there. Watch the game instead of just reciting the box score.

Sorry Dude I had better things to Do like Watch Knicks/Hawks and Heat/Raptors at that time..

Bigsmoke
03-31-2012, 11:27 AM
KG is a center now isn't he?

pnyozzzoo
03-31-2012, 11:42 AM
KG is a center now isn't he?
Love was at C too.

BarberSchool
03-31-2012, 12:40 PM
Garnett hates white people:lol I can see Kevin getting himself extra hyped off his racial hatred to face Love. Funny, but sad.

Anyone from Mauldin, SC know the full story on how and why Garnett got permanently expelled from the entire state's public education system for lynching a white kid with his friends ?

rodman91
03-31-2012, 12:50 PM
3rd in scoring (26.5 ppg)
2nd in rebounding. (13.8 rpg)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_RIM2MAMg-DQ/TQ3fHuljk0I/AAAAAAAABBg/btTwYjve4CA/s1600/8vydtc.gif

teddytwelvetoes
03-31-2012, 12:52 PM

La Frescobaldi
03-31-2012, 01:02 PM
Yes they have,

nope. they ain't

Hittin_Shots
03-31-2012, 01:07 PM
nope. they ain't

Wilt from back then would beat every player afterwards? That must be why he won so many titles. Best basketball player. He must of made everyone around him better aswll because thats what the best ever would do. Or do u mean the best ever selfish all about him basketball player?

jlauber
03-31-2012, 01:23 PM
Wilt from back then would beat every player afterwards? That must be why he won so many titles. Best basketball player. He must of made everyone around him better aswll because thats what the best ever would do. Or do u mean the best ever selfish all about him basketball player?

You mean the selfish Chamberlain that LED the league in scoring, rebounding, FG%, and averaged 5.2 apg in his 65-66 season, and when he took his team to the best record in the league? Or the selfish Wilt in the very next season, who averaged 24.1 ppg, grabbed 24.2 rpg, shot a mind-boggling .683 from the floor, and was THIRD in ASSISTS at 7.8 apg? And, oh BTW, he led his team to a then record 68-13 mark, and a dominating world title? Or a Chamberlain in the very next season, who LED the NBA in ASSISTS (as well as rebounding and FG%), AND to the BEST RECORD in the league at 62-20?

Or a Chamberlain who, late in his career, in his 71-72 season, averaged 4.5 apg, and ignited the most blistering fast-break of all-time, and in the process, a then record 69-13 mark (which included a record 33 straight wins), en route to an overwhelming world championship.? Or a Wilt, in his last season, taking his team to a 60-22 record, and yet another trip to the Finals?

Yep...that selfish, stats-padding, choker, who flopped in the post-season.

La Frescobaldi
03-31-2012, 02:38 PM
clearly you watched him play.