PDA

View Full Version : Seriously Kobe.... just retire or stop shooting....

pauk
03-31-2012, 05:30 PM
:facepalm

Fudge
03-31-2012, 05:31 PM
For once, i actually agree with you. Or we all do i mean.

pauk
03-31-2012, 05:38 PM
I am seriously not trying to bash him.... but come on? I know he has great basketball IQ enough to understand that continuing to spam shots when you know it wont go in is just wasted offensive possessions, offensive possessions where you could have created something for the hot teammate or the open teammate.... and still win despite you not scoring a single basket...

kobe having bad passing ability is just a fluke, he is just... self... nevermind... extremly scoring minded... to put it lightly....

Harison
03-31-2012, 05:39 PM
2-20
0-7

:kobe:

TheMarkMadsen
03-31-2012, 05:43 PM
Kobe lookin like Lebron in the finals :facepalm.

an 8 point game? :facepalm

RoseCity07
03-31-2012, 05:44 PM
2-20

:roll:

TheMarkMadsen
Kobe lookin like Lebron in the finals :facepalm.

an 8 point game? :facepalm

Nvm. Kobe just hit a clutch shot. :roll:

Mr. Feeny
WOW
:cheers:

pauk
03-31-2012, 05:46 PM
LMFAO!

IRONY AT ITS BEST!

Misses everything, but hits the clutch shot.... :oldlol:

All Net
03-31-2012, 05:47 PM
LMFAO!

IRONY AT ITS BEST!

Misses everything, but hits the clutch shot.... :oldlol:

Maybe you should of waited, uh?

Flagrant 2
03-31-2012, 05:48 PM
Lebron wouldn't have even taken that shot.

beeboywhoo
well it was actually a smart choice shot for the first time...

an iso without a double team on short ass jared jack of course thats going in

Flamboyant
ouch

Heavincent
03-31-2012, 05:49 PM
Best 3/21 performance ever :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Hits the game winning shot :bowdown:

SunsCaptain
03-31-2012, 05:50 PM
The ONLY reason they were in that position and need of a comback win was because of Kobes terrible performance....Hitting a clutch shot and going 3-20 on the night is terrible.

You had to hit a clutch shot because your performance was so bad that you put ur team in that possition.

Kobe Fans are so dumb.

Harison
03-31-2012, 05:52 PM
LA were VERY lucky to get away with it, Kobe literally was shooting his team out against a crap team. If he just used a bit of common sense "I have a bad evening, happens, let me contribute to those who have a good game" - thats it, LA would have blown Hornets out of the water.

TheMarkMadsen
The ONLY reason they were in that position and need of a comback win was because of Kobes terrible performance....Hitting a clutch shot and going 3-20 on the night is terrible.

You had to hit a clutch shot because your performance was so bad that you put ur team in that possition.

Kobe Fans are so dumb.

Lol pauk might have made a hate thread prematurely..but atleast his alt. Account didn't!

TOUCH MY BODY
Kobe is too powerful :bowdown:

dunksby
03-31-2012, 05:54 PM
Another thread by pauk backfiring :durantunimpressed:

arifgokcen
03-31-2012, 05:56 PM
Kobe is almost cost them the game.Against the second worst team in nba who is missing its best player.Come on now

Flagrant 2
03-31-2012, 05:57 PM
:oldlol: :applause: kobe trolled pauk so hard

Doranku
03-31-2012, 05:58 PM
Hahahahahahaha Eat Shit ******

Alamo
03-31-2012, 06:54 PM
http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss60/that_crazy_wolf/threadbackfire.gif

Jameerthefear
03-31-2012, 06:58 PM
The only thing that pisses me off is that he is in front of players like Klove and Dwight in the mvp race. How can you be more valuable to your team when at times your cancerous?

oh the horror
03-31-2012, 07:06 PM

Kobe Fans are so dumb.

Im a Laker fan, and I mostly agree with this.

Its DAMN NEAR the same argument us Laker fans had about Fish.

People would argue that Fisher hits clutch shots, but we would (the majority from what I saw) would argue that we wouldnt NEED those clutch shots if Fish wasnt allowing opposing teams PGs to torch us.

Folks....Kobe has been playing poorly lately. This game winning shot, is a band-aid to a bigger issue here. Sorry to say it.

Extempo
03-31-2012, 07:13 PM
Hit the game-winner. Got us the win. Something Lebum knows nothing about.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2mr722p.jpg

The Iron Fist
03-31-2012, 07:17 PM
LA were VERY lucky to get away with it, Kobe literally was shooting his team out against a crap team. If he just used a bit of common sense "I have a bad evening, happens, let me contribute to those who have a good game" - thats it, LA would have blown Hornets out of the water.
He had five assists though. How is that not contributing?

Faptastrophe
03-31-2012, 07:17 PM

http://i.imgur.com/oHqSN.jpg

You're welcome. http://i.imgur.com/seRm9.png

RazorBaLade
03-31-2012, 07:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oHqSN.jpg

You're welcome. http://i.imgur.com/seRm9.png

haha kobe brick system thats awesome.

need to reverse the arrows tho, makes no sense

Kobe 4 The Win
03-31-2012, 07:20 PM
Kobe Bryant today was Lebron in reverse.

:kobe:

:lebroncry:

Seriously though, what is up with Kobe's shooting?

Collie
03-31-2012, 07:33 PM
Barring the great clutch shot, it's been a terrible (and i mean TERRIBLE) past few games. Exhaustion perhaps? Or father time finally catching up?

bwink23
03-31-2012, 07:35 PM
Barring the great clutch shot, it's been a terrible (and i mean TERRIBLE) past few games. Exhaustion perhaps? Or father time finally catching up?

How about just pure suckness??

TheBluest
03-31-2012, 07:37 PM
Kobe is and has always been less than advertised......

Goodness gracious was he TRASHBAGE

Extempo
03-31-2012, 07:39 PM
Best reaction on twitter:

Adam Levine ‏ @adamlevine
Kobe pulled a reverse LeBron!
:roll:

TheBluest
03-31-2012, 07:41 PM
How about just pure suckness??

I love how BSPN says "Kobe Lifts Lakers after 0-15 start"....how about "Lakers best Hornets in spite of Kobe's poor 0-15 shooting performance"

Then in the article if you want to footnote his game winning/go ahead shot sure, why not

YUCK YUCK!

Lebron23
03-31-2012, 07:41 PM
What will happen to the Kobetards?

oh the horror
03-31-2012, 07:44 PM

Its a combination of both. I told EVERYONE of my friends at the beginning of the year, when Kobe was coming out guns blazing, that sooner or later, his legs would burn out. They were all convinced that this would be Kobe all year.

Look man, it is what it is....Coach Brown is coaching this team the same way he did offensively with Cleveland. You ride ONE scorer for too many minutes, and the rest of the team stands around.

Kobe was (when I last read it) the second most in minutes played in the NBA behind K. Love I believe?

There is NO excuse for Kobe to be playing minutes like that. Dude is fried, and burnt the fu*k out, and looking bad out there on the court...and his minutes are STILL high.

poido123
03-31-2012, 07:49 PM
Kobe needs a stronger coach.

Someone who will say, alright Kobe, we have a full team here, guys who can score, we need to make sure everyone is involved. Your an old hack now, its time to pass the rock around, everytime you throw up more than one off-balance no hope shot in a row, im benching your ass. I dont care who you are or what youve done, Im about what have you done lately. Thats right Kobe, your days of bricking away bad shots is coming to an end and it starts right here.

However, I need you taking gamewinners, none of your other p@@sy-ass teammates wants to take those shots :pimp:

ganja0710
03-31-2012, 07:51 PM
What will happen to the Kobetards?
You mad Filipino boy? Yeah you mad. :oldlol:

strifed169
03-31-2012, 07:53 PM
Lebron wouldn't have even taken that shot.

he wouldn't take that shot if he went 15/20

knightfall88
03-31-2012, 08:01 PM
lebron would have stopped playing after FG% falling below 50.

Atleast Kobe keeps playing. Imagine if he stopped playing tonight or Game 7 in the finals. He'll be at where Lebron is, 0 championships.

rodman91
03-31-2012, 08:05 PM

I'm glad he shot game winner after a horrible performance. Fans already started to praise him. It will make things more difficult for Lakers offensive chemistry.

The thing is they could destroy this Hornets team if they were using Twin Towers instead of Kobe. Now Kobe's performance will be praise, noone can stop him shooting more and it will destroy Lakers chemistry more.

They might be really good contender if their first option was inside scoring. They have 2 20 & 10 caliber big men and a decent point guard now. But they needed a game winner against Hornets for obvious reason.

If Kobe stops shooting much and get a late Reggie Miller mindset, Lakers can make finals.

alanLA92
03-31-2012, 08:06 PM
Went to the game. It was unbearable to see Bryant shoot the first 3 quarters but atleast he came through in the 4th. :kobe:

ShaqAttack3234
03-31-2012, 08:37 PM
I knew watching this game that there'd be all sorts of overreactions. It was interesting watching and wondering when he'd finally make one, but in the end, it's no big deal. He was just ice cold, I've seen Kobe(and every other great) finish with similar shooting games. And I've seen Kobe and other greats miss similar amounts of shots in a row. What made the misses more significant was that they came before he made one.

But his approach was fine in this game, he was playing within the flow of the offense barely looking for his shot for the early part of the game which is partially why the 0 for lasted as long as it did, as well as some shots that came with the shot clock winding down.

It was a bad game, but not because he was a selfish or chucking, it was because his shots weren't dropping. And I will point out that he was making some good passes inside and some unselfish passes on the break. He was also aggressive defensively and made some things happen with his defense. And the gamewinner was definitely clutch and impressive, now, it wouldn't have been necessary if he had shot halfway decent, but it's an impressive shot in itself, and it made the game a non-issue.

And while a win vs the Hornets is not much of an accomplishment, especially since they the Hornets showed they had no clue how to execute down the stretch, they escaped with a win, so no harm, no foul. Kobe's shot ultimately made up for his horrendous shooting throughout the night.

In general, Kobe's 42 FG% is overblown. I'd have never thought it'd be this low, I think I predicted he'd average around 26/5/6 on 44% shooting and play about 35 mpg this season, with most of the season gone, he's averaging 28/6/5 on 42% shooting in 39 mpg. Considering he's played more minutes than he probably should, shot more than you'd probably like(whether you think it's out of necessity or not) at 23 FGA per game, and now 33 with 3 knee surgeries, the lockout, playing in his 16th season with the wrist injury to start the season, the broken nose and the countless other hand/finger injuries and other ailments throughout his career.

He's always taken some shots that are bad shots for most, and he's been pretty streaky because of that, but there are no complaints when they go in. And there are times when he goes off on his own a bit too much, but there are very few complaints when he goes off for 35-40, and they win, and lets not act like that doesn't happen a fair amount.

But as I said, this wasn't even a case of that. A common complaint has been that with Kobe aging and Bynum emerging with Gasol also inside that he shouldn't be taking 23 shots per game. And there will be games here and there where that may be true.

But in general, Bynum has gotten about as many touches as he's deserved. He's still proving himself, we now know he can score at a great rate, but he's still learning how to handle double teams.

It would also be different if the Lakers coach made Bynum the 1st option, but that's not the case. Kobe is still the first option on the team, Mike Brown will tell you that. There may come a time pretty soon where Bynum will become the 1st option or should become the 1st option, but until that happens, Kobe is doing what he's paid to do.

If anyone is being "held back", it's Gasol, but that's not because of Kobe. It's because of his personality, which isn't a compliment or criticism, just what he is. It's also because of the offense, which has him in the post less, but even when Phil was the coach, it's always been the case that Gasol and Bynum don't play up to their peak potential at the same time. I've seen it happen with one or the other every year since they started playing together. Right now, Bynum has been consistently healthy for the first time and consistent with his own play for the longest stretch so Pau has fallen into the 3rd option role, which isn't surprising at all, and he's the most willing to do so.

It just makes sense when you have two seven footers who are at their best in the post. And you also need the outside game to go with the inside game, up until they acquired Sessions, Kobe was the Lakers only perimeter threat as either a scorer or a playmaker.

And Kobe is a scorer first and foremost, which may be making his adjustment past his prime a bit rocky at times since he has to work harder for shots, and can't hit tough shots at the same rate he once did. But he can still go on stretches where he's as lethal of a streak scorer as there is as evidenced by the four straight 40+ early in the season, and he's still among the best scorers overall as evidenced by the fact that he's leading the league in scoring, and just by watching him play and seeing his skill set. As it is, he's more capable of being "the man" at this stage of his career than almost anyone I've seen. But people always have trouble keeping perspective when it comes to aging all-time greats. Even less polarizing players. Take a completely unselfish player like Duncan for example. He's still a very important part of a quality team and certainly a good player, but because he's not what he was in '03 or even '08, people say he's washed up, or some idiots have even said he's not a good player anymore. I've even seen people say this about Kareem on the '87 Lakers.

The main criticism I'd have is that Kobe should really not look to shoot 3s much based on how he's shot them this year or the past few seasons for that matter. But his mid-range game is still comparable to anyone in the league, and whenever he posts up, he'll be able to get a good shot or draw a double team.

And the Lakers are no worse off than I thought they'd be, if anything, they're about as good as I'd thought they'd be. Considering the coaching change(which I considered a downgrade), Kobe's age, the lockout and losing Odom for nothing, I didn't expect them to be the best team in the West, I didn't expect anything more than them being one of the better teams in the West, and that's what they are.

For a team with poor shooters, a poor bench and nothing more than 3 good players for most of the season(now 4), it's not bad at all. Granted, 1 of those 3 players is a superstar and the other 2 are all-star caliber big men(with one being a clear all-star and the other not deserving a selection this year). But it's still not the most talented team in the league by any stretch.

And it's in a wide open West. I'd think it'd actually be encouraging to Laker fans because they recently got an upgrade with Sessions.

Mr. Jabbar
03-31-2012, 08:43 PM

Kobe Fans are so dumb.

Lol some1s mad

RazorBaLade
03-31-2012, 08:51 PM
I knew watching this game that there'd be all sorts of overreactions. It was interesting watching and wondering when he'd finally make one, but in the end, it's no big deal. He was just ice cold, I've seen Kobe(and every other great) finish with similar shooting games. And I've seen Kobe and other greats miss similar amounts of shots in a row. What made the misses more significant was that they came before he made one.

But his approach was fine in this game, he was playing within the flow of the offense barely looking for his shot for the early part of the game which is partially why the 0 for lasted as long as it did, as well as some shots that came with the shot clock winding down.

It was a bad game, but not because he was a selfish or chucking, it was because his shots weren't dropping. And I will point out that he was making some good passes inside and some unselfish passes on the break. He was also aggressive defensively and made some things happen with his defense. And the gamewinner was definitely clutch and impressive, now, it wouldn't have been necessary if he had shot halfway decent, but it's an impressive shot in itself, and it made the game a non-issue.

And while a win vs the Hornets is not much of an accomplishment, especially since they the Hornets showed they had no clue how to execute down the stretch, they escaped with a win, so no harm, no foul. Kobe's shot ultimately made up for his horrendous shooting throughout the night.

In general, Kobe's 42 FG% is overblown. I'd have never thought it'd be this low, I think I predicted he'd average around 26/5/6 on 44% shooting and play about 35 mpg this season, with most of the season gone, he's averaging 28/6/5 on 42% shooting in 39 mpg. Considering he's played more minutes than he probably should, shot more than you'd probably like(whether you think it's out of necessity or not) at 23 FGA per game, and now 33 with 3 knee surgeries, the lockout, playing in his 16th season with the wrist injury to start the season, the broken nose and the countless other hand/finger injuries and other ailments throughout his career.

He's always taken some shots that are bad shots for most, and he's been pretty streaky because of that, but there are no complaints when they go in. And there are times when he goes off on his own a bit too much, but there are very few complaints when he goes off for 35-40, and they win, and lets not act like that doesn't happen a fair amount.

But as I said, this wasn't even a case of that. A common complaint has been that with Kobe aging and Bynum emerging with Gasol also inside that he shouldn't be taking 23 shots per game. And there will be games here and there where that may be true.

But in general, Bynum has gotten about as many touches as he's deserved. He's still proving himself, we now know he can score at a great rate, but he's still learning how to handle double teams.

It would also be different if the Lakers coach made Bynum the 1st option, but that's not the case. Kobe is still the first option on the team, Mike Brown will tell you that. There may come a time pretty soon where Bynum will become the 1st option or should become the 1st option, but until that happens, Kobe is doing what he's paid to do.

If anyone is being "held back", it's Gasol, but that's not because of Kobe. It's because of his personality, which isn't a compliment or criticism, just what he is. It's also because of the offense, which has him in the post less, but even when Phil was the coach, it's always been the case that Gasol and Bynum don't play up to their peak potential at the same time. I've seen it happen with one or the other every year since they started playing together. Right now, Bynum has been consistently healthy for the first time and consistent with his own play for the longest stretch so Pau has fallen into the 3rd option role, which isn't surprising at all, and he's the most willing to do so.

It just makes sense when you have two seven footers who are at their best in the post. And you also need the outside game to go with the inside game, up until they acquired Sessions, Kobe was the Lakers only perimeter threat as either a scorer or a playmaker.

And Kobe is a scorer first and foremost, which may be making his adjustment past his prime a bit rocky at times since he has to work harder for shots, and can't hit tough shots at the same rate he once did. But he can still go on stretches where he's as lethal of a streak scorer as there is as evidenced by the four straight 40+ early in the season, and he's still among the best scorers overall as evidenced by the fact that he's leading the league in scoring, and just by watching him play and seeing his skill set. As it is, he's more capable of being "the man" at this stage of his career than almost anyone I've seen. But people always have trouble keeping perspective when it comes to aging all-time greats. Even less polarizing players. Take a completely unselfish player like Duncan for example. He's still a very important part of a quality team and certainly a good player, but because he's not what he was in '03 or even '08, people say he's washed up, or some idiots have even said he's not a good player anymore. I've even seen people say this about Kareem on the '87 Lakers.

The main criticism I'd have is that Kobe should really not look to shoot 3s much based on how he's shot them this year or the past few seasons for that matter. But his mid-range game is still comparable to anyone in the league, and whenever he posts up, he'll be able to get a good shot or draw a double team.

And the Lakers are no worse off than I thought they'd be, if anything, they're about as good as I'd thought they'd be. Considering the coaching change(which I considered a downgrade), Kobe's age, the lockout and losing Odom for nothing, I didn't expect them to be the best team in the West, I didn't expect anything more than them being one of the better teams in the West, and that's what they are.

For a team with poor shooters, a poor bench and nothing more than 3 good players for most of the season(now 4), it's not bad at all. Granted, 1 of those 3 players is a superstar and the other 2 are all-star caliber big men(with one being a clear all-star and the other not deserving a selection this year). But it's still not the most talented team in the league by any stretch.

And it's in a wide open West. I'd think it'd actually be encouraging to Laker fans because they recently got an upgrade with Sessions.

good read nice post

d21221hk
03-31-2012, 09:11 PM
loool reverse lebron, love it :rockon:

MontaEllis24
03-31-2012, 09:56 PM
definition of irony
guy misses every friggin shot for 3 quarters then goes on to hit a game winner.
trolled by kobe :crazysam:
seriously kobe is so thick faced he completely forgot his crappy shooting and still had the guts to hit the clutch shot.

pnyozzzoo
04-01-2012, 01:10 AM
seriously kobe is so thick faced he completely forgot his crappy shooting and still had the guts to hit the clutch shot.

He does not give a F*** F*** about what others' think thats why he can go 0/19 and hit game winning shot.

Lebron is too sensitive , thats why he goes 35pt on 60% shooting and past the last winning shot.

They are all FLAWED human beings.

FindingTim
04-01-2012, 03:21 AM
here is the fallacy with the "he made up for it with the game-winner" argument:

if he makes 3 of the 19 shots--- yes, only 3--- the Lakers would have been up another 6 points and there would be NO NEED for a game-winner.

Imagine if Hitler saved one Jewish guy on the final day of the holocaust-- would it offset everything he did, or would it be relatively insignificant because he started the holocaust in the first place?

(too much??)

Alamo
04-01-2012, 03:29 AM

if he makes 3 of the 19 shots--- yes, only 3--- the Lakers would have been up another 6 points and there would be NO NEED for a game-winner.

Imagine if Hitler saved one Jewish guy on the final day of the holocaust-- would it offset everything he did, or would it be relatively insignificant because he started the holocaust in the first place?

(too much??)

But if he missed that shot, they would have lost. What's already happened doesn't matter when the game is on the line. He had a bad game, but he also won it.

tpols
04-01-2012, 03:30 AM

(too much??)
:wtf: :roll:

This is a game of basketball son not the holocaust.

miggyme1
04-01-2012, 03:47 AM

hahahaha.hey its either u pick your poison...lebron who will light u up the whole game but miss the game winner or kobe go 1/50 but hit the game winner.ummmmmmm damn i guess ill go with kobe

Bigsmoke
04-01-2012, 03:57 AM
yeah Kobe is :crazysam:

bdreason
04-01-2012, 03:59 AM
He wasn't really chucking this game. Kobe needs to stop taking 3's though. Way too many 3's.

tomtucker
04-01-2012, 04:13 AM

I agree, this is is way more important

FindingTim
04-01-2012, 04:17 AM

it was the only analogy I could think of, obviously they aren't even remotely comparable. I was just trying to illustrate a point; not be overly dramatic or get off topic.

moving on....

Quickening
04-01-2012, 04:18 AM
hahahaha.hey its either u pick your poison...lebron who will light u up the whole game but miss the game winner or kobe go 1/50 but hit the game winner.ummmmmmm damn i guess ill go with kobe

So Lebron who will light up the game, and mean there is no need to hit game winners... or Kobe who will shoot shit all game, which means unless the Lakers are playing crap teams, the games already over by the 4th quarter.:coleman:

I<3NBA
04-01-2012, 04:23 AM
He had a bad game, but he also won it.
there would have been no need to "win it" had he not been shooting so poorly and making bad decisions. it was the Hornets for christ sakes. it should be a blow out. Kobe put the Lakers in the position to lose.

had he missed that shot, the loss would've totally been on him. that's why so many ppl hate on Kobe. he makes the game harder instead of easier. ppl who admire Kobe cannot understand that basketball is a team game. ppl who admire Kobe are selfish ppl in real life. that's the truth.

i'm just smh at the fan boys here fapping at that performance. it was bad, really bad. even a game winning shot can't redeem that.

RazorBaLade
04-01-2012, 04:26 AM
there would have been no need to "win it" had he not been shooting so poorly and making bad decisions. it was the Hornets for christ sakes. it should be a blow out.

True but in the NBA a good amount of games will in fact come to the final few min. You can have lebron wade and bosh playing against dirk terry and marion and it can come down to the final shot. Kobe can shoot 2/20 and need a gw and can shoot 13/20 and need a gw on another night.

Clutch moments are always going to be needed and this one was honestly pretty awesome... If it was the last second instead of with 20 it might make my t5 kobe moments ever.

miggyme1
04-01-2012, 04:44 AM
So Lebron who will light up the game, and mean there is no need to hit game winners... or Kobe who will shoot shit all game, which means unless the Lakers are playing crap teams, the games already over by the 4th quarter.:coleman:

im still taking kobe.u mad?

Lebron23
04-01-2012, 04:50 AM
Kobe Bryant officially retires from the NBA

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/68/fullj.9f11bb4533c96c509bf52c89b5708f08/ap-201112111352499359764.jpg

Kobe Bryant has just tended his resignation in a surprise move which has caused shock-waves not just through Los Angeles but the world.

"I really want to play Soccer. It's my favorite sports - Kobe Bryant"

The 34 yrs.old Cager said that he wants to follow in the footsteps of Michael Jordan, meanwhile a three day national holiday has been declared in Bynum's locker room and house.

http://shinguardian.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/kobe.jpg

http://i.cnn.net/si/2009_images/andrew-bynum.ftr.jpg

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/yankees/post/_/id/27978/a-rod-says-kobe-thought-about-retiring

Quickening
04-01-2012, 05:02 AM
im still taking kobe.u mad?

Yes because I am a Lakers fan and Kobe is singlehandedly derailing the team.:confusedshrug:

I didn't mind him being a selfish chucker when he could pull it off, but its just embarassing now.

blablabla
04-01-2012, 05:04 AM
Kobe Bryant officially retires from the NBA

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/68/fullj.9f11bb4533c96c509bf52c89b5708f08/ap-201112111352499359764.jpg

http://shinguardian.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/kobe.jpg

http://i.cnn.net/si/2009_images/andrew-bynum.ftr.jpg

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/yankees/post/_/id/27978/a-rod-says-kobe-thought-about-retiring
goat in two sports

D-Wade316
04-01-2012, 05:22 AM
But if he missed that shot, they would have lost. What's already happened doesn't matter when the game is on the line. He had a bad game, but he also won it.
:facepalm It does matter.

Rocker09
04-01-2012, 06:43 AM
I love the clutch shot but the lakers wouldn't have been in that position in the 1st place if kobe didn't shoot that badly....I don't mind kobe taking shots as long as they go in....he has bynum, gasol, and sessions to help him with the scoring, he just needs to trust them more...

04mzwach
04-01-2012, 03:50 PM
:yaohappy: bump!

bleedinpurpleTwo
04-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Yes because I am a Lakers fan and Kobe is singlehandedly derailing the team.:confusedshrug:

I didn't mind him being a selfish chucker when he could pull it off, but its just embarassing now.
You may be a Laker fan, but you don't know basketball.