derb2k2
04-01-2012, 06:09 PM
lol @ the website

Ruutu
04-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Do it!

TheAesirsFinest
04-01-2012, 06:10 PM
The fact that a team with 2 superstars, 1 star, several great 3 point shooters managed to be held to 12 points in 1 quarter really speaks a lot.

RRR3
04-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Blame it on the coach:rolleyes: . Heat fans are pathetic
I'm not a Heat fan. I just want to see LeBron win a ring cuz he's one of my favorite players and if he wins, people will finally be able to have a rational discussion about basketball without talking about LeBron/Kobe/MJ (hopefully). I don't hide that. :D LeBron and the rest of the Heat should never have pathetic games like today, and while obviously that's on them as well, I don't think Spo is a good coach.

1987_Lakers
04-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Spo is a smart coach, but it seems to me that he lacks control & respect from his players.

Ruutu
04-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Spo is a smart coach, but it seems to me that he lacks control & respect from his players.

He should be Pat Rileys second coach!

I<3NBA
04-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Thibs replaced VDN in Chicago. Woodson replaced MDA in NY. Brown replaced PJax in LA. i rest my case.

Legends66NBA7
04-01-2012, 06:13 PM
rational discussion

:durantunimpressed:

TheAesirsFinest

No, he's really not.

RRR3
:durantunimpressed:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Bxv_jA-fPPM/Tbj3so9hYuI/AAAAAAAALhg/Z8TMWHX-IFo/s400/carmelodatazz-gif-1.png

RoseCity07
04-01-2012, 06:15 PM
I hope they hire Nate McMillan lol.

No, but VDN and Spolstra should not be NBA head coaches.

It is just ridiculous at this point.

ThePointGuard11
Eric Spoelstra = Mike Brown.

In other words, the inmates run the asylum. They have very little authority and garner very little respect from their players.

gilalizard
I don't think you want to get rid of Spo. He's your cover for the douchiness of LeBron(beta with no heart) and dwhistle(whiny reliance on refs to bail him out).

If Spo gets asked to spend more time with his family, but LeBron's and dwhistle's inherent douchebaggery continue, who will you blame then?

RRR3
04-01-2012, 06:17 PM
I hope they hire Nate McMillan lol.

No, but VDN and Spolstra should not be NBA head coaches.

It is just ridiculous at this point.
One question I do have for everyone on the forum...
Why do we all (I'm including myself, btw) think we can say if a coach is good enough or not? I mean, we're not in the lockerrooms, and surely they must know a ton if they became coaches? I think SPo is bad, and think he should be fired, but sometimes I wonder if I really can say that because I'm no basketball expert or anything. You know what I mean?

RRR3
04-01-2012, 06:18 PM
I don't think you want to get rid of Spo. He's your cover for the douchiness of LeBron(beta with no heart) and dwhistle(whiny reliance on refs to bail him out).

If Spo gets asked to spend more time with his family, but LeBron's and dwhistle's inherent douchebaggery continue, who will you blame then?
I blamed LeBron for last season, not sure what else you want me to do:rolleyes:
I just think another coach might do a better job running the "insane asylum" as another poster just put it

CelticBaller
Thibs replaced VDN in Chicago. Woodson replaced MDA in NY. Brown replaced PJax in LA. i rest my case.
What's your case again? You just posted a list of coach firings...

Ruutu
[QUOTE=gilalizard]I don't think you want to get rid of Spo. He's your cover for the douchiness of LeBron(beta with no heart) and dwhistle(whiny reliance on refs to bail him out).

If Spo gets asked to spend more time with his family, but LeBron's and dwhistle's inherent douchebaggery continue, who will you blame then?[/QUOTEB

Bosh! :D

Yung D-Will
04-01-2012, 06:20 PM
There's a large amount of coaches in the leauge I just never cosidered that good

Mike Woodsen ( During his time on the hawks)
Mike Brown
VDN
Eric Spo
Flip
Mike D'antoni
And the list goes on..

Though watching guys like Pop,Adelman, Riley and Phil these couple years has given me really high standards in what I judge as a good coach.

TheAesirsFinest
04-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Why do we all (I'm including myself, btw) think we can say if a coach is good enough or not? I mean, we're not in the lockerrooms, and surely they must know a ton if they became coaches? I think SPo is bad, and think he should be fired, but sometimes I wonder if I really can say that because I'm no basketball expert or anything. You know what I mean?

I would argue that's not necessarily the case. The positions of power/influence like the TV basketball "analyst" or assistant/head coach seem like they would require basketball guru wisdom, but we all know the garbage ESPN analysts spew from their mouths. I imagine coaching positions would depend a lot on connections, luck, charisma, etc. I can't imagine how a franchise would select the greatest basketball mind from a group of applicants.

Also, some coaches are great at doing a lot with little. Some coaches are great at coaching title contenders. Rarely is one coach both.

Also, I'm pretty damn confident in my basketball knowledge/abilities to be objective and analytical while watching NBA games. Looking at websites like www.nbaplaybook.com helps too.

RRR3
04-01-2012, 06:25 PM
I would argue that's not necessarily the case. The positions of power/influence like the TV basketball "analyst" or assistant/head coach seem like they would require basketball guru wisdom, but we all know the garbage ESPN analysts spew from their mouths. I imagine coaching positions would depend a lot on connections, luck, charisma, etc. I can't imagine how a franchise would select the greatest basketball mind from a group of applicants.

Also, some coaches are great at doing a lot with little. Some coaches are great at coaching title contenders. Rarely is one coach both.

Also, I'm pretty damn confident in my abilities to be objective and analytical while watching NBA games. Looking at websites like www.nbaplaybook.com helps too.
I wish you were the HEat coach lol

flipogb
04-01-2012, 06:27 PM
wel trade you Mike Brown, who knows maybe swapping teams might work for these two idiots

RRR3
04-01-2012, 06:28 PM
wel trade you Mike Brown, who knows maybe swapping teams might work for these two idiots
:kobe: :lebronamazed: :durantunimpressed: :yaohappy: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Bxv_jA-fPPM/Tbj3so9hYuI/AAAAAAAALhg/Z8TMWHX-IFo/s400/carmelodatazz-gif-1.pnghttp://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2976/rudywhatever.png

hawksdogsbraves
04-01-2012, 06:30 PM
He's a bad coach. Always was.

Wait til Kentucky wins the National Championship and the Cal to Miami rumors will pick up. I don't think he'll leave UK this early but the allure of coaching that Heat team will be pretty enticing. Lebron really likes him too.

He'd be the perfect coach for that team.

RoseCity07
04-01-2012, 06:32 PM

When teams underachieve and don't play to their potential it is usually the coach in my opinion. I look at a guy like Spolstra who has never had to coach a bad team and I see that team underachieving. Great coaches come up with game plans so guys like Lebron and Wade don't have to constantly carry the team.

It is most noticeable to me in the 4th quarter. All Miami does is try and force feed Lebron and Wade and have them go one on one. Where are the set plays? It is just a bunch of guys watching the stars play.

I guess I think I can judge it because I see what great coaches do. The Spurs don't ever look like they have no plan. The Mavericks last year were just killing you with a different guy. Peja one night hitting 3's like crazy, or Jason Kidd. It wasn't always Dirk.

Spolstra didn't prove himself by coaching a scrub team. He runs that Miami team like a NBA 2k cheeser. ISO ISO ISO in the 4th.

Blue&Orange
04-01-2012, 06:34 PM

Also, I'm pretty damn confident in my basketball knowledge/abilities to be objective and analytical while watching NBA games. Looking at websites like www.nbaplaybook.com helps too.
What's your opinion on D'Antoni?

Locked_Up_Tonight
04-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Why are half the posts just "fatheads?"

Can you not come up with an actual thought?

I<3NBA
04-01-2012, 06:53 PM
He's a bad coach. Always was.

Wait til Kentucky wins the National Championship and the Cal to Miami rumors will pick up. I don't think he'll leave UK this early but the allure of coaching that Heat team will be pretty enticing. Lebron really likes him too.

lol. that college coach will get schooled in the NBA.

Legends66NBA7
04-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Why do we all (I'm including myself, btw) think we can say if a coach is good enough or not?

We don't.

Coaches are always the first to go, before players/GM's. It's just the way of the business of the NBA when teams lose.

You can however get a feeling that a team is not clicking, when you get reports of the "coach has lost locker room" speach.

I mean, we're not in the lockerrooms, and surely they must know a ton if they became coaches? I think SPo is bad, and think he should be fired, but sometimes I wonder if I really can say that because I'm no basketball expert or anything. You know what I mean?

Fans say a lot of things because we got opinions on it.

If you watch enough basketball games, you get that emotional feeling that whatever you say > the coaches, because well.... just because. That's basically the feeling.

I think if you do have some level of coach experience, you are more that qualified to have a bigger say on it.

I think there are many situations like this... not just about thinking about coaches being fired or not.

Cali Syndicate
04-01-2012, 06:59 PM
I'm not a Heat fan. I just want to see LeBron win a ring cuz he's one of my favorite players and if he wins, people will finally be able to have a rational discussion about basketball without talking about LeBron/Kobe/MJ (hopefully). I don't hide that. :D LeBron and the rest of the Heat should never have pathetic games like today, and while obviously that's on them as well, I don't think Spo is a good coach.

It's gonna take more than one ring to have any type of rational discussion on that topic. How many rings was Lebron jabbering about? And with the talent on this Heat team, at least a back to back is expected...nothing less.

Edit: Also mind you, the Heat made it all the way to the finals last season and are arguably significantly better this year. Spo might not be a top notch coach but that shouldn't hinder their success. If Lebron leading back to back 60 win teams with Mike Brown at the helm and Mo Williams as the second option, there is no excuse why Spo is to blame other than being another scapegoat in this Miami Heat melodrama.

Legends66NBA7
04-01-2012, 07:01 PM
It's gonna take more than one ring to have any type of rational discussion on that topic. How many rings was Lebron jabbering about? And with the talent on this Heat team, at least a back to back is expected...nothing less.

+1.

And he would also have to win Finals MVP every time as well... I doubt that's going to happen and that's where the "discussion" is really going to get heated if he doesn't have any Finals MVP's.

BlackVVaves
04-01-2012, 07:02 PM

What type of case is that? Please don't tell me you think Woodson and Mike Brown are better coaches that MDA and PHIL JACKSON. :facepalm

Shepseskaf
04-01-2012, 07:06 PM

I don't see it. Did you see Calippari getting schooled by Pitino? The 'Ville shouldn't have even been close in that game, never mind tied in the second half. If the coaches were switched, UK would have blown out Louisville without a doubt.

I think Coach Cal is better than people give him credit for, but he needs to stay at the college level where kids will actually listen to him.

TheAesirsFinest
04-01-2012, 07:07 PM
What's your opinion on D'Antoni?

Sorry dude, I can't give you one. I only watched like 12 or so Knicks games, all of which I was doing homework while watching and mostly observing Lin's weaknesses and strengths.

I<3NBA
04-01-2012, 07:12 PM
What type of case is that? Please don't tell me you think Woodson and Mike Brown are better coaches that MDA and PHIL JACKSON. :facepalm
you are a moron.

i used Mike Brown replacing PJax as an example of the Lakers getting worse.
and Woodson as of now has a better record with the Knicks than MDA.

my point is: coaching makes a difference.

blablabla
04-01-2012, 07:21 PM
mda needs a job anyway

hawksdogsbraves
04-01-2012, 07:24 PM
I don't see it. Did you see Calippari getting schooled by Pitino? The 'Ville shouldn't have even been close in that game, never mind tied in the second half. If the coaches were switched, UK would have blown out Louisville without a doubt.

I think Coach Cal is better than people give him credit for, but he needs to stay at the college level where kids will actually listen to him.

Cal *will* end up back in the NBA at some point, you can count on that. I don't think he'll leave this early but at some point he will be an NBA coach again.

I think he's a much better coach than he gets credit for. People think he's just a recruiter but he does a great job of getting his guys to play defense, keeping his players focused, and dealing with head cases. He doesn't run a complicated offense because he doesn't need to, but hell who really does in the NBA anymore. Fundamentals are kind of dead anyway.

CelticBaller
04-01-2012, 07:24 PM
you are a moron.

i used Mike Brown replacing PJax as an example of the Lakers getting worse.
and Woodson as of now has a better record with the Knicks than MDA.

my point is: coaching makes a difference.
ah lets see these teams before the firings

Bulls-#8 seed, first playoff appearence for Rose

Hawks- Swept by orlando

knicks- swept by the celtics, barely hangs in to a playoff spot

Lakers- Swept by the Mavs(Phil retired and left an already dysfunctional lakers team)

now let see the heat

Heat- Current Eastern conference champions, defeated by the mavs after LeBrons sub par perfomance in the 4th Quarter. Favorites to win it all for 2 years straight

:confusedshrug:

bdreason
04-01-2012, 08:40 PM
I bet LeBron and Wade tell Spoelstra to run laps. :oldlol:

RRR3
04-01-2012, 08:43 PM
I bet LeBron and Wade tell Spoelstra to run laps. :oldlol:
Holy shit :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :applause: :bowdown:

Dengness9
04-01-2012, 08:48 PM
2 things from me here....

1) There are no excuses for the Heat to not win a title this year and more beyond this year. You have 2 of the best 3 players in the world plus a bonafide AllStar PF.

2) Spolestra does need to be gone after this season unless the Heat win. Every time i hear Spo mic'd up in game during a huddle, its embarrassing. Its clear he is NOT A LEADER OF MEN. YOU HAVE TO BE IN THE NBA TO BE SUCCESSFUL. Only way he gets away w/ not being a leader of men and still winning is because of the superior talent on his roster.

RRR3
04-01-2012, 08:49 PM
2 things from me here....

1) There are no excuses for the Heat to not win a title this year and more beyond this year. You have 2 of the best 3 players in the world plus a bonafide AllStar PF.

2) Spolestra does need to be gone after this season unless the Heat win. Every time i hear Spo mic'd up in game during a huddle, its embarrassing. Its clear he is NOT A LEADER OF MEN. YOU HAVE TO BE IN THE NBA TO BE SUCCESSFUL. Only way he gets away w/ not being a leader of men and still winning is because of the superior talent on his roster.
Just curious, I'm not saying I disagree because I obviously don't think SPo's a great coach, what makes you think he's a bad leader? I mean, anything in particular that gave you that impression? Just curious. Spo seems like a nice guy, though, I'll give him that.

Whoah10115
04-01-2012, 09:27 PM
It's time for Coach Spo to coach no mo.

Seriously...the reason why I said Bosh should be traded has nothing to do with whether or not he can play with the other two, but because this guy doesn't know how to put an offense together. All they need is a decent starting center and they're perfect. The world will even stop hating them a tiny bit if they pay their dues and win in the 3rd year together.

Seriously. No half court offense? Isn't that the reason you signed Chris Bosh? To play him thru the post some? Or did they pay him $100Million to take jumpshots and average under 8RPG?

Dengness9
04-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Just curious, I'm not saying I disagree because I obviously don't think SPo's a great coach, what makes you think he's a bad leader? I mean, anything in particular that gave you that impression? Just curious. Spo seems like a nice guy, though, I'll give him that.

Im sure he is a nice guy. But there is nothing to suggest from what I've seen or heard from him on the sidelines that he is capable of being a leader of the Team he is in charge of, or for any NBA team for that matter. Im sure he would serve as a great Assistant for the rest of his career but in no way can I personally have any faith in this guy to be a coach with true leadership skills.

Its not just his young age either. It's his nature. Spolestra is just not hard enough to be, I'll say it again, A LEADER OF MEN. Think about the great coaches in the L right now, Pop, Thibs, etc. When those men talk, their players listen and then follow instruction. Spo just doesn't have that kind of hold on his players.

detroitdogg
04-02-2012, 12:42 AM
Im sure he is a nice guy. But there is nothing to suggest from what I've seen or heard from him on the sidelines that he is capable of being a leader of the Team he is in charge of, or for any NBA team for that matter. Im sure he would serve as a great Assistant for the rest of his career but in no way can I personally have any faith in this guy to be a coach with true leadership skills.

Its not just his young age either. It's his nature. Spolestra is just not hard enough to be, I'll say it again, A LEADER OF MEN. Think about the great coaches in the L right now, Pop, Thibs, etc. When those men talk, their players listen and then follow instruction. Spo just doesn't have that kind of hold on his players.
This is by far the biggest reason dude is horrible. I mean, have you seen dude in interviews and halftime speeches, dude says the same thing over and over again. He never actually "says" exactly what needs to be done, dude has preset punchlines and shyt, "We must stay the course" "the plan is what we need to focus on", "our intensity level was not there, we must be more intense", mannnnnnn, get the fukk out of here with that bullshyt nygga. Dude is too fukkin soft for this bunch, he has no athourity and a HC needs major athourity to win with a team built like the Heat.

Add to that the fact dude has no idea how to substitute, his shyt is so fukkin robotic it pisses me off every single game. I mean, dude does not even know how to ride the hot hand. No matter what is going on in the game, SPO will not change his rotations. Wade will start a game hot as hell and still sit at the 4 minute mark, even if Bron has not done anything up to that point. Bosh will start out horribly but he never will sit him early for help on the boards. Dude has no idea what he is doing out there, but let ESPN tell it, dude is a good coach ya dig smh. People will not notice how bad of a coach dude is until "a player calls him out, and I doubt Bron or Wade will do that this early in the game".

Brick Rick
04-02-2012, 01:04 AM
d-whistle.

:yaohappy: :yaohappy:

Mr. Jabbar
04-02-2012, 01:16 AM
Eric Spoelstra = Mike Brown.

In other words, the inmates run the asylum. They have very little authority and garner very little respect from their players.

:roll:

G-Funk
11-19-2012, 10:38 PM
bump, Heat fans suddenly want to say Spo is a great coach? lol he can thank Bron for that

Legends66NBA7
11-19-2012, 10:45 PM
I still stand by my statement at the time.

Sarcastic
11-19-2012, 10:46 PM
bump, Heat fans suddenly want to say Spo is a great coach? lol he can thank Bron for that

:lebronamazed:

Unstoppabull
04-02-2013, 11:58 AM
Bump.

dh144498
04-02-2013, 12:01 PM
now Spo is a great coach. :roll:

pegasus
04-02-2013, 12:08 PM
now Spo is a great coach. :roll:
Who takes a thread started by the triple-retard seriously?:facepalm

r15mohd
04-02-2013, 12:30 PM
Initially, Spo had many questionable ways about his coaching style. Choosing the right squad to be on the floor together, the appropriate minutes and player shot selection in late game situations. He's grown with the team and mastered each players talents to the greatest use for the team...I'll commend him for that improvement.

He still irks me at times tho when it's time to sub players tho...personally feel he waits too long to make a change when needed, ie Lebron sitting for the first 5 mins of the 4th qtr Bulls game.

CelticBaller
04-02-2013, 12:42 PM
:rolleyes:

RagaZ
04-02-2013, 01:00 PM
Typical Heat "fans".

RRR3
04-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Who takes a thread started by the triple-retard seriously?:facepalm
Who takes you seriously? :facepalm

Legends66NBA7
04-02-2013, 01:08 PM
I still stand by my statement at the time.

And I still do.

:pimp:

dh144498
04-02-2013, 02:19 PM
And I still do.

:pimp:

:rolleyes:

:applause:
:bowdown: