PDA

View Full Version : Is Joel Anthony the worst offensive center in NBA history?

1987_Lakers
04-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Averaging 3 ppg in 22 MPG. Last 2 games: 0 points.:facepalm

RRR3
04-01-2012, 06:12 PM
IDK enough about NBA history, but he's probably the worst I've seen, and I remember Andrew Declercq:facepalm There was one play today, where Chalmers spoonfed him a bounce pass right to the basket, and he somehow blew the ****in' layup. God he could have just dunked it, first of all, and secondly, I can't even believe he missed that layup

Bladers
04-01-2012, 06:14 PM
A certain teammate wearing #6 likes to pound the ball and not pass it.

Mr. I'm So Rad
04-01-2012, 06:16 PM
He has terrible hands and is no threat on offense whatsoever but his defense is pretty solid.

Besides, it isn't like 2 blown layups by him in a game is going to cost Miami a win.

ChrisPosh
04-01-2012, 06:17 PM
as much as he sucks, he does hustle and put as much effort as he can

NumberSix
04-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Bladers

jlauber
04-01-2012, 06:30 PM

#6 might as well throw the ball into the stands. It would amount to the same result as passing to Anthony.

And yes, he is unquestionably the worst offensive center that I have witnessed in my near 50 years of following the sport. He makes Ben Wallace look like Bob McAdoo.

RRR3
04-01-2012, 06:32 PM
#6 might as well throw the ball into the stands. It would amount to the same result as passing to Anthony.

And yes, he is unquestionably the worst offensive center that I have witnessed in my near 50 years of following the sport. He makes Ben Wallace look like Bob McAdoo.
:applause: :bowdown:

Dwyane Rose
04-01-2012, 06:39 PM

jlauber you're a senile old man but you make a lot of sense at times. :D

Owl
04-01-2012, 07:04 PM
Charles Jones (at his worst) would be up there with him but JA certainly is one of the very worst centers to play significant minutes.

Kblaze8855
04-01-2012, 07:14 PM
He is pretty brutal. And not even as good adefender or rebounder as one owuld expect from ano skills type like him.

jlauber
04-01-2012, 07:17 PM
The man averaged 3.7 ppg and 3.5 rpg in COLLEGE for cryingoutloud. Who the hell did he blackmail to get into the NBA?

Legends66NBA7
04-01-2012, 07:21 PM
The man averaged 3.7 ppg and 3.5 rpg in COLLEGE for cryingoutloud. Who the hell did he blackmail to get into the NBA?

He went undrafted.

So during the Heat's awful 15 win campaign in the 2007-08 season, he impressed a lot of the coaching staff and front office for an extra 4 years with that defense.

:D

blablabla
04-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Bladers
are you trying to be funny with this bs it's annoying

jlauber
04-01-2012, 07:26 PM
He went undrafted.

So during the Heat's awful 15 win campaign in the 2007-08 season, he impressed a lot of the coaching staff and front office for an extra 4 years with that defense.

:D

I find it hard to believe that in a world of 6-7 billion people, that there is not someone else out there that can provide virtually nothing game-after-game and for whatever he is getting paid.

Xiao Yao You
04-01-2012, 07:45 PM
The Jazz often played 4 on 5 at the offensive end with Eaton near mid-court because he was so useless offensively and he could plant himself faster at the other end defensively. A big reason why they finally took another step in the playoffs once they moved on from the "Big Mark" era after struggling initially as they adjusted defensively.

T.O.RapsJays
04-01-2012, 07:47 PM
Is Reggie Evans considered a C? :confusedshrug:

Punpun
04-01-2012, 08:05 PM
I find it hard to believe that in a world of 6-7 billion people, that there is not someone else out there that can provide virtually nothing game-after-game and for whatever he is getting paid.

There is. He is named Fisher. Or you have Walton too. But Fisher takes the cake.

Heavincent
04-01-2012, 08:20 PM
I love how the announcers always talk him up. The guy sucks. I don't think there's a worst starting center in the league. He's a decent defender, but he pretty much sucks at everything else.

Xiao Yao You
04-01-2012, 08:30 PM
The Collins twins have to be mentioned. Take your pick. Eeny meeny miney moe. Eaton may have been the reason why Sloan fell in love with Collins a guy that could set a screen and get an offensive board and nothing else.

Whoah10115
04-01-2012, 09:21 PM
He is pretty brutal. And not even as good adefender or rebounder as one owuld expect from ano skills type like him.

I think he's GREAT to have as a back-up.

As a starter...

I said Boston was one good center away from winning. What should I say about Miami? This guy is a terrible starter.

Cangri
04-01-2012, 09:22 PM
I think he's GREAT to have as a back-up.

As a starter...

I said Boston was one good center away from winning. What should I say about Miami? This guy is a terrible starter.
I'm still wondering why this guy starts over Turiaf.

Living Being
04-01-2012, 09:29 PM
I'll do it for half.

fsvr54
04-01-2012, 09:34 PM
There is. He is named Fisher. Or you have Walton too. But Fisher takes the cake.

No, Jason Collins takes the cake.

jlauber
04-01-2012, 09:35 PM
I'll do it for half.

Hell, I was thinking the same thing. I weigh about 250 lbs, so I think I could plant myself in the defensive lane and stand like a statue...and contribute as much offensively as Anthony does.

It just amazes me that a contending team would waste their time with this guy when there simply HAS to be a more talented center out there somewhere. Even the near-80 year old Bill Russell would probably put up better numbers, and I am damned sure that Kareem would. Both of them would have a solid shot at adding yet another ring to their resumes.

millwad
04-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Hell, I was thinking the same thing. I weigh about 250 lbs, so I think I could plant myself in the defensive lane and stand like a statue...and contribute as much offensively as Anthony does.

Haha, so you're not only an obsessive and disgusting freak, you're fat also..

jlauber
04-01-2012, 10:05 PM

Well, at least I have the looks and brains...something that I'm sure you are sorely lacking in...

Whoah10115
04-01-2012, 10:08 PM

This is an incredible post.

jlauber
04-01-2012, 10:10 PM
This is an incredible post.

He has been stalking me since I have been here. He even PMs me. I think the man has an infatuation with me...

My god...he even sings songs to me...

TaLvsCuaL
04-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Biedrins is not much better lately, at least Anthony does not score because He lacks talent, but Andris do it because of laziness or some unknown reason.

TAZORAC
04-01-2012, 10:36 PM
Averaging 3 ppg in 22 MPG. Last 2 games: 0 points.:facepalm

NO MARK EATON is http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Y32FPa8z_RA/TTDBqKA7TvI/AAAAAAAAALs/i5f47qagJGE/s1600/mark-eaton.jpg

RRR3
04-01-2012, 10:37 PM
NO MARK EATON is http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Y32FPa8z_RA/TTDBqKA7TvI/AAAAAAAAALs/i5f47qagJGE/s1600/mark-eaton.jpg
Mark Eaton had a season where he averaged 9.7 PPG. Joel DREAMS of having a game where he scores double figures.

jlauber
04-01-2012, 10:39 PM
The Jazz often played 4 on 5 at the offensive end with Eaton near mid-court because he was so useless offensively and he could plant himself faster at the other end defensively. A big reason why they finally took another step in the playoffs once they moved on from the "Big Mark" era after struggling initially as they adjusted defensively.

I had the good fortune to attend a Jazz-Warriors exhibition game in the 80's...and it was truly comical. BOTH Eaton and Bol "guarded" each other at near the mid-court line for almost their entire time together on the floor. They only moved a few feet in either direction, while the rest of the players were running up-and-down the floor.

RRR3
04-01-2012, 10:45 PM
What about these guys?

Manute Bol
DeSagana Diop
Jon Koncak
Andrew Declercq
Adonal Foyle

Bigsmoke
04-01-2012, 10:46 PM
maybe.

but you gotta love his hustle and shit.

jlauber
04-01-2012, 10:46 PM
What about these guys?

Manute Bol
DeSagana Diop
Jon Koncak
Andrew Declercq
Adonal Foyle

Yep...about as bad as it gets. Still, Anthony "dwarfs" those guys in terms of ineptitude.

RRR3
04-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Yep...about as bad as it gets. Still, Anthony "dwarfs" those guys in terms of ineptitude.
Even Diop? I guess Manute could at least hit an occasional three LOL, but Diop may be even worse than Joel...

Xiao Yao You
04-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Mark Eaton had a season where he averaged 9.7 PPG. Joel DREAMS of having a game where he scores double figures.

Joel dreams of getting the 8 shots a game Mark got that year(45%). Mark dreamed of shooting 53 % from the field like Anthony does. At times the Jazz tried to involve Mark. He struggled to dunk even though he didn't have to jump to do so and his hook shot wasn't a thing of beauty.

I had the good fortune to attend a Jazz-Warriors exhibition game in the 80's...and it was truly comical. BOTH Eaton and Bol "guarded" each other at near the mid-court line for almost their entire time together on the floor. They only moved a few feet in either direction, while the rest of the players were running up-and-down the floor.

Must have been before Nellie had Bol slingshotting 3's. I saw them play in the playoffs one year and the Jazz fans were yelling for Nute to shoot every time he touched it. I think was like 0-5 from 3 that game but GS upset them that year if I remember correctly.

Bigsmoke
04-01-2012, 10:50 PM
What about these guys?

Manute Bol

he can shoot threes :no:

at least Don Nelson thought he could :lol

Xiao Yao You
04-01-2012, 10:52 PM
Wasn't there a rule change because of Mark? 5 second rule or something so he couldn't stand at half court? I think that might account for them involving him more at times but they kept he as far away as they could get away with.

jlauber
04-01-2012, 10:52 PM
Joel dreams of getting the 8 shots a game Mark got that year(45%). Mark dreamed of shooting 53 % from the field like Anthony does. At times the Jazz tried to involve Mark. He struggled to dunk even though he didn't have to jump to do so and his hook shot wasn't a thing of beauty.

Must have been before Nellie had Bol slingshotting 3's. I saw them play in the playoffs one year and the Jazz fans were yelling for Nute to shoot every time he touched it. I think was like 0-5 from 3 that game but GS upset them that year if I remember correctly.

:roll:

Bol looked like one of those "world's stongest man" competitors throwing a bolder from behind their heads when he launched those treys.

Heavincent
04-01-2012, 10:53 PM
How about Jason Collins? I remember when he was on the Nets and he would go through stretches in which he didn't score a single point :facepalm

I remember he went scoreless for like 3 games, and then he banked in a three :roll:

RRR3
04-01-2012, 10:56 PM
I may have found the WOAT offensive center :lol

I present....
Michael David Ruffin:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/ruffimi01.html

Check those stats!

jlauber
04-01-2012, 10:57 PM

Anthony shoots 53% on his wide open dunk attempts...

and that doesn't include the passes that he botches in the process...

overall, he is probably shooting about 25% on his wide open dunk attempts...

Collie
04-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Greg Kite maybe? Played 11 years, highest scoring season was 4.8 ppg in 27 mpg.

Career 2.5 ppg in 15 mpg, 43% from the field, 48$ from the FT line.

RRR3
04-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Anthony shoots 53% on his wide open dunk attempts...

and that doesn't include the passes that he botches in the process...

overall, he is probably shooting about 25% on his wide open dunk attempts...
Joel Anthony is shooting 50% on layups this year:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/plus/shooting.cgi?player_id=anthojo01&year_id=2012

jlauber
Greg Kite maybe? Played 11 years, highest scoring season was 4.8 ppg in 27 mpg.

Career 2.5 ppg in 15 mpg, 43% from the field, 48$ from the FT line.

Damn...that is "Anthony-esque"

Xiao Yao You
How about Jason Collins? I remember when he was on the Nets and he would go through stretches in which he didn't score a single point :facepalm

I remember he went scoreless for like 3 games, and then he banked in a three :roll:

Jarron and Jason one in the same. Only difference I ever saw was Jason was a lot more overpaid.

Michael David Ruffin

More of a PF wasn't he? His offensive rebounding prowess alone might put he ahead of a lot of guys anyway.

Anthony shoots 53% on his wide open dunk attempts

Got Eaton beat!

jlauber
04-01-2012, 11:02 PM
Joel Anthony is shooting 50% on layups this year:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/plus/shooting.cgi?player_id=anthojo01&year_id=2012

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Xiao Yao You
04-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Kite was at the end of a deep bench usually not starting though.

RRR3
04-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Kite was at the end of a deep bench usually not starting though.
So let's review all the candidates so far...

Joel Anthony
Michael Ruffin
Greg Kite
Mark Eaton
Manute Bol
Jon Koncak
Andrew Declercq
Jason Collins
Jarron Collins
DeSagana Diop
Adonal Foyle
Charles Jones

Who else? There has to be more wonderfully inept centers out there....I wish B-ref had a way to find the all-time LOWEST PPG, and PPG per 36...

jlauber
04-01-2012, 11:07 PM
So let's review all the candidates so far...

Joel Anthony
Michael Ruffin
Greg Kite
Mark Eaton
Manute Bol
Jon Koncak
Andrew Declercq
Jason Collins
Jarron Collins
DeSagana Diop
Adonal Foyle
Charles Jones

Who else? There has to be more wonderfully inept centers out there....I wish B-ref had a way to find the all-time LOWEST PPG, and PPG per 36...

You have enough to field two teams. Divide them up and let them have at it. Any bets on the over/under for total score?

RRR3
04-01-2012, 11:09 PM
You have enough to field two teams. Divide them up and let them have at it. Any bets on the over/under for total score?

Team 1
PG: Jon Koncak
SG: Adonal Foyle
SF: Greg Kite
PF: Andrew Declercq
C: Manute Bol
6th Man: Charles Jones

Team 2
PG: Joel Anthony
SG: Michael Ruffin
SF: Jarron Collins
PF: Jason Collins
C: Mark Eaton
6th Man: DeSagana Diop

Final score? Leading scorer for both side?

Xiao Yao You
04-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Fesenko

jlauber
04-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Team 1

Team 2

I could see one of those guys trying to catch a pass, and it bouncing off of their face, and into the basket. Of course, it might be while they are defending someone too. Does that count?

Xiao Yao You
04-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Chuck Nevitt

RRR3
04-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Chuck Nevitt
:no: In his final season, he averaged 108 PPG per 36 minutes. GOAT:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/nevitch01.html

jlauber
04-01-2012, 11:15 PM
:no: In his final season, he averaged 108 PPG per 36 minutes. GOAT:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Holy shinola...how the hell did that guy waste away on the bench all of those years? He obviously was unstoppable.

PER of 46.0 too!

:bowdown:

Collie
04-01-2012, 11:17 PM

108 ppg and 36 rpg per 36. :biggums:

RRR3
04-01-2012, 11:21 PM
108 ppg and 36 rpg per 36. :biggums:
http://www.thedraftreview.com/history/drafted1982/images/chuck-nevitt.jpghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ww7YFkcLuRY/TQ0KXCy-kbI/AAAAAAAAAB4/mtcLfzkGKG0/s1600/jugadores-nba-chuck-nevitt.jpg
GOAT:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

jlauber
04-01-2012, 11:23 PM
http://www.thedraftreview.com/history/drafted1982/images/chuck-nevitt.jpghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ww7YFkcLuRY/TQ0KXCy-kbI/AAAAAAAAAB4/mtcLfzkGKG0/s1600/jugadores-nba-chuck-nevitt.jpg
GOAT:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Nevitt! Nevitt! Nevitt!

RRR3
04-01-2012, 11:23 PM
Nevitt! Nevitt! Nevitt!

Unstoppable! Obviously he was confined to the bench because the league couldn't handle his dominance for more than about 30 seconds. Chuck da GAWD!:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Collie
04-01-2012, 11:25 PM
Many of these offensively inept centers look alike.

Except Jeff Ruland. Dropped 22-12-4 while looking like this:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/06/27/nba/gallery11.jpg

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/637768/tumblr_lf9h6xnqhf1qay78vo1_400.jpg

jlauber
04-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Unstoppable! Obviously he was confined to the bench because the league couldn't handle his dominance for more than about 30 seconds. Chuck da GAWD!:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

This may be bigger than the Watergate conspiracy...

Whoah10115
04-01-2012, 11:40 PM
I never realized that THAT is Jeff Ruland...wow.

This guy had beastly numbers. David Aldridge is a Bullets fan and a huge fan of Ruland. That's the guy he compares Enes Kanter to. Said he was a terrific passer.

Xiao Yao You
04-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Ruland was a player.

FindingTim
04-02-2012, 12:21 AM
I realize the Heat have a loaded team when you consider the Big 3,
but Anthony and Chalmers are looking like a giant achilles heel.
They are arguably the worst starters in the league at their respective positions:

Anthony: better than Channing Frye, Amir Johnson?? because he is clearly worse than everyone else

Chalmers: guy would be an awesome backup, but which starter is he better than?

FindingTim
04-02-2012, 12:23 AM
Ruland was a player.
holy crap! :eek:
that guy put up 22-12 one year? :wtf: :oldlol:

RRR3
04-02-2012, 12:24 AM
I realize the Heat have a loaded team when you consider the Big 3,
but Anthony and Chalmers are looking like a giant achilles heel.
They are arguably the worst starters in the league at their respective positions:

Anthony: better than Channing Frye, Amir Johnson?? because he is clearly worse than everyone else

Chalmers: guy would be an awesome backup, but which starter is he better than?
Dafuq? Chalmers is a solid starter, especially considering he's not the primary ballhandler. He's better than DJ Augustin, Raymond Felton (this year), current Jason Kidd, Brandon Knight, Luke Ridnour, Jameer Nelson IMO. Could argue for this year's version Devin Harris and Jose Calderon (horrible defender, stats on horrible team)

FindingTim
04-02-2012, 12:27 AM
Dafuq? Chalmers is a solid starter, especially considering he's not the primary ballhandler. He's better than DJ Augustin, Raymond Felton (this year), current Jason Kidd, Brandon Knight, Luke Ridnour, Jameer Nelson IMO. Could argue for this year's version Devin Harris and Jose Calderon (horrible defender, stats on horrible team)

I'd rather have Harris, Nelson, Ridnour, Kidd, and Felton.
I haven't seen enough of Augustine or Knight to make a good judgment.
I'd choose Mario over Calderon for his defense and long arms.
so bottom three= 3/27= bottom 10% of the league= F- in school of basketball
I actually think Mario is sick as hell, I'm just not convinced he is good.

game3524
04-02-2012, 12:47 AM
Anthony is pretty bad, I mean he had a point blank layup today and utterly blew it.:facepalm

RRR3
04-02-2012, 12:48 AM
Jazz fans and Blazers fans would disagree :lol. Ridnour is trash. Kidd can't even score at all anymore, come on now.

Whoah10115
04-02-2012, 01:43 AM
Jazz fans and Blazers fans would disagree :lol. Ridnour is trash. Kidd can't even score at all anymore, come on now.

Ridnour is not trash. He's looking like the guy who was on the Sonics...that was a very good player. I like him a lot next to a dynamic 2guard.

But Chalmers is far from below average. In a league loaded with PG's, this guy is a good player who plays very good defense and is a great shooter. It's hard to have a dominant PG when you play with Wade, but playing with and Lebron while Bosh is chillin and waiting for a spot up?

Chalmers is either the best back-up PG in the league or a very solid starter. Either way, they're fine there.

Xiao Yao You
04-02-2012, 01:46 AM

Harris isn't a better fit. Just like he's a bad fit in Utah. They need someone to hit shots, play D and help with the ball handling and playmaking. Chalmers fits.

305Baller
04-02-2012, 01:49 AM
Anthony is a system player but I think he might be more effective off the bench...

Horde of Temujin
04-02-2012, 02:20 AM
Dwight Howard

TAZORAC
04-02-2012, 05:51 AM
Team 1

Team 2

Jon Konack never got the ball, but he actually had a solid jump shot, giving the opportunity I think he could have average 10-12 a game.

Some guys don't even have the ability to score. Hell Ryan Hollins from the Celtics is a scrub

Owl
04-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Team 1

Team 2

Nearly did this on WhatifSports but you have to join up (free but can't be bothered to do it at the moment). I wonder if there are mods for 2k12 featuring all these guys ... hmm.

knickswin
04-02-2012, 01:56 PM
I like joel. he's a good defender and he works hard out there.

get these NETS
04-02-2012, 03:19 PM
ostertag

pegasus
04-02-2012, 03:24 PM
He is their glue guy on the defensive end. Covers a lot of space, and alters/blocks shots constantly.

He sucks offensively, but their spacing issues do not come from the lack of post presence; it's because two of their three perimeter players can neither shoot nor play off of each other.

get these NETS
04-02-2012, 03:29 PM
he might be the worst...

he's not even 7 feet tall

the other stiffs were at least tall stiffs...

this guy is neither tall..nor particularly strong

CavaliersFTW
04-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Anthony is a system player but I think he might be more effective off the bench...

I think he might be more effective in the row behind the bench with the trainers, serving the players fresh towels and Gatorade during time outs.

bdreason
04-02-2012, 03:43 PM
That's what happens when you sign 3 max players. Or did the Heat expect to fill out the roster with legit talent for the league minimum?

The truth is, the Heat have 3 max players who don't fit great together... and all the pressure falls on their shoulders. I don't want to hear complaints about the scrubby league-minimum player not playing well.

Marv_Albert
04-02-2012, 03:45 PM
He ain't meant to score man just set screens rebound and block shots thats his role, you people know nothing.

Eric Cartman
04-02-2012, 03:46 PM
That's what happens when you sign 3 max players. Or did the Heat expect to fill out the roster with legit talent for the league minimum?

The truth is, the Heat have 3 max players who don't fit great together... and all the pressure falls on their shoulders. I don't want to hear complaints about the scrubby league-minimum player not playing well.

This. But that being said, i can't think anyone that's worse offensively than him.

arifgokcen
04-02-2012, 03:58 PM
I watch a lot of games.I think he is by far the worst offensive player that plays meaningful minutes in history of nba.He literally cant make a layup.At first when lebron went to miami i thought he would a at least be respectable enough because of lebrons passing ability,however everytime lebron passes to him its almost always a turnover.

His turnover rate is %20 which is good for the worst 6th in the league.However whats so sad is if he has the ball that means there is no one in vicinity,he still manages to mess it up.

Video says it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2akdYIFJ2A

ihatetimthomas
04-02-2012, 04:00 PM

He wasn't a minimum contract signing. He was signed to a 5 year 18 mil deal, about 3.6 mil a year. That money could have been served with a much better player, bad signing

Owl
04-02-2012, 04:07 PM
He wasn't a minimum contract signing. He was signed to a 5 year 18 mil deal, about 3.6 mil a year. That money could have been served with a much better player, bad signing
Precisely. I was going to post the same thing after those "minimum contract" posts.
At the very least they could have frontloaded his contract so he'd at least be semi-tradeable.

Psileas
04-02-2012, 04:35 PM
I think Yinka Dare for now is a bit worse (for real: The guy, in 1002 career minutes, gave as many assists as prime Stockton was giving per quarter), but at least Dare was decent in college. Joel has a more complete offensively incompetent career. But he also has the better "career game": http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201105070BOS.html

Haymaker
04-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Uwe Blab says hello.

Whoah10115
04-02-2012, 05:04 PM
LOL at people wanting to amnesty freakin Mike Miller. That guy is making mid-level and is a starter on a good team or a 6MOTY WINNER.

Miami uses its amnesty on Joel Anthony. My apologies, Joel. My apologies.

I think Yinka Dare for now is a bit worse (for real: The guy, in 1002 career minutes, gave as many assists as prime Stockton was giving per quarter), but at least Dare was decent in college. Joel has a more complete offensively incompetent career. But he also has the better "career game": http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201105070BOS.html

OMG Yinka Dare! I remember him. He's the guy who didn't have an assist his like first 3 years or something? HAHAHAHAHA. What a great name. Wasn't he a 1st round pick?

ihatetimthomas
04-02-2012, 05:13 PM
LOL at people wanting to amnesty freakin Mike Miller. That guy is making mid-level and is a starter on a good team or a 6MOTY WINNER.

Miami uses its amnesty on Joel Anthony. My apologies, Joel. My apologies.

Is it really out of the question to want to use the amnesty on Mike Miller? Last year, he played in half of the regular season games and this year he has missed 22 out of 48 games. The way he is playing and how injury prone he has been, he is not a starter on most teams. And he was 6th man of the year 6 years ago. The guy is not what he once was. This is a lot of money being paid to a guy who has rarely played and when he is playing, he is not 100%.

Whoah10115
04-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Is it really out of the question to want to use the amnesty on Mike Miller? Last year, he played in half of the regular season games and this year he has missed 22 out of 48 games. The way he is playing and how injury prone he has been, he is not a starter on most teams. And he was 6th man of the year 6 years ago. The guy is not what he once was. This is a lot of money being paid to a guy who has rarely played and when he is playing, he is not 100%.

He hasn't been healthy lately, but he's really the same player. I'm surprised he's been around as long as he has been.

Mike Miller is definitely worth something to somebody. He can't be that hard to trade.

Xiao Yao You
04-03-2012, 12:53 AM
Dare might be the guy!

Luther Wright needs a mention.

Thabeet

2swift4u
04-03-2012, 04:23 AM
Anthony works hard but he simply hasn't got the skills. Dude can't finish unless it's an easy slam dunk. Often he's not even trying to get a shot off even if he's open and 3-4feet away from the basket.

I like Miller but Miami doesn't really need him as much as they need a better center or pointguard. None of the top teams in the NBA has a worse center/poinguard starting duo than Miami! So I probably would trade Miller if I was Riley.

c3z4r
04-03-2012, 11:51 AM
I never understood why people bash Chalmers. He is a decent starting pg and he'll probably be a starter on many teams. It's not like he's fisher. Defensively he's actually above average imo.

RRR3
04-03-2012, 11:53 AM
I never understood why people bash Chalmers. He is a decent starting pg and he'll probably be a starter on many teams. It's not like he's fisher. Defensively he's actually above average imo.
:applause: :applause: :applause: Some bash him to make LeBron look better IMO (*cough* pauk *cough*)

CavaliersFTW
04-03-2012, 11:57 AM

RRR3
04-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Chuck Nevitt would have slammed it home. Chuck da Gawd! :bowdown: :bowdown: :pimp:

1987_Lakers
04-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Looks like Spoelstra saw this thread because Anthony isn't starting tonight.:oldlol: