PDA

View Full Version : So Rondo Passes Kobe In Trip Dubs

TheBluest
04-02-2012, 11:42 AM
We know what that means when a player passes up another player statistically......

Not to mention how this is another notch in the Celtic/Laker rivalry

It's important we update milestones. We want to make sure all fans of every player are well informed of how respectively great they are in relation to other players......

I know this may hurt some feelings and cause some to shed tears on their Hot Wheels bed sheets but it'll be okay. Rondo is going to create hella separation here between he and Kobe adding to his greatness.

TheBluest
04-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Oh and it only took Rondo less than 6yrs to do it.....which makes this even more remarkable

CeltsGarlic
04-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Nice!

Mr. Jabbar
04-02-2012, 11:47 AM
The 2 best pg's in the game:

1-CP3
2-Rondo

I've been saying it for a while, its time all accept it. :bowdown:

Yao Ming's Foot
04-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Congrats! If you are waiting for tears just wait until he passes Jordan.

TheBluest
04-02-2012, 11:57 AM

1-CP3
2-Rondo

He very well could be. I still might have Nash ahead of him based on pure position role and shooting ability but if we're judging players fairly by all-around game and appreciating everything they do that impacts the game then Yeah I have to say Rondo is no lower than 3 currently.

And before any retard comes in trying to stamp down Rondo in efforts to make this accomplishment irrelevant, then how come there aren't more players getting Triple Doubles on a regular basis including the great ones?

Matter of fact Rondo may catch Lebron in 2-3yrs here in this statistical area passing up another so-called great.

iDunk
04-02-2012, 12:00 PM
As much as I hate to say it, Rondo is the best POINT GUARD in the league. By POINT GUARD I mean a guy who runs his team in perfection by making the right passes and rallying his troops in traffic. A point guard isn't a guy who averages 25/5/5 playing the point guard position (Westbrook).. he just plays the position but he doesn't play as a point guard. Rondo and Steve Nash are definitions of a point guard in today's league.

TheBluest
04-02-2012, 12:02 PM

Which will only make Rondo more deified. There are already several players ahead of Jordan so tears if shed would have dropped and dried by now.

Meanwhile heal from the more recent flesh wound Rondo has inflicted on the masses.....it's to the bone marrow, deep Conbreh

TheBluest
04-02-2012, 12:06 PM
As much as I hate to say it, Rondo is the best POINT GUARD in the league. By POINT GUARD I mean a guy who runs his team in perfection by making the right passes and rallying his troops in traffic. A point guard isn't a guy who averages 25/5/5 playing the point guard position (Westbrook).. he just plays the position but he doesn't play as a point guard. Rondo and Steve Nash are definitions of a point guard in today's league.

Don't just single out Westbrook add......Rose/Wall/Jennings/Curry/Parker/Harris/Evans

All these guys have their nitch playing this position but in comparison to the

Rondo is POINT GOD

Punpun
04-02-2012, 12:09 PM
The day he acquires a J is the day he will become a superstar.

Cangri
04-02-2012, 12:13 PM
He was making the J against the Heat yesterday, who knows if he can keep that up

TheBluest
04-02-2012, 12:14 PM

Don't speak on this as if it's the prerequisite/gospel..... Ason Kidd A.K.A. Fist Of Fury(first 10-12yrs in the L) debunked this myth.

The fact HOFrs are currently following his lead is a testament of his Superstardome

Rondo scores in ways other point guards can't and never will. I mean fans were looking at Rose as a Superstar before he developed a consistent J.

kileer7
04-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Accumulative accomplishments like point totals and triple doubles don't have a place in a one to one comparison, well in my opinion at least -- but whatever.

Punpun
04-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Don't speak on this as if it's the prerequisite/gospel..... Ason Kidd A.K.A. Fist Of Fury(first 10-12yrs in the L) debunked this myth.

As long as he won't be able to hit open shot, he will be guarded like Kobe guards him. I.E 10 feet away impeding him to drive.

TheBluest
04-02-2012, 12:35 PM
As long as he won't be able to hit open shot, he will be guarded like Kobe guards him. I.E 10 feet away impeding him to drive.

Actually this defensive tactic has been debunked too....Kenny Smith and other analyst have stated over and over you can't give Rondo site lines or room to eat up space with his dribble by sagging off. Dude is too crafty and will find a way to beat you still. Fans are clearly being delusional thinking this is the key to stopping this guy.

For crying out loud teams have been sagging off of him his whole career and he still messes around getting triple doubles beating teams on a regular basis. It's not like they lose games all because he shoots poorly. Go look up games they win, you find out they win whether he shoots above 50%, 50%, below 50%,

I could see if he was shooting low 40% tile but he isn't and is near 50% for his career. If you want to say well he's shooting layups well how can he do this at a 50% career clip is teams are sagging off him daring him to shoot?

Oh I get it though if Rondo shot and made more jumpers then he'd be getting the WestBrick treatment and fans would lash out at him wondering why he won't pass the rock to his HOFrs more.

TheMarkMadsen
04-02-2012, 12:40 PM
What does Kobe have to do with Rondo & his tripple doubles? :biggums:

TheBluest
04-02-2012, 12:42 PM
What does Kobe have to do with Rondo & his tripple doubles? :biggums:

Yo You Ain't Heard Skillet?

Passing another great in a milestone is dat new greatness...... therefore

Rondo>Kobe>Jordan

It's the Obtuse way of seeing things accurately on ISH

Derka
04-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Yeah, what the heck does Kobe have to do with any of this?

Rondo is the man, as much as he pisses me off sometimes.

TheBluest
04-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Yeah, what the heck does Kobe have to do with any of this?

Rondo is the man, as much as he pisses me off sometimes.

Since this is flying over so many heads

Kobe passed Jordan in All-Time scoring.....Kobe>Jordan

Rondo passed Kobe in Triple Doubles......Rondo>Kobe>Jordan

EDIT: Jordan has more Trip Dubs than both Oh wait how can we revise this to make sense? Alright might as well do this.....

Jordan>Rondo>Kobe

MMM
04-02-2012, 12:47 PM
RONDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

TheMarkMadsen
04-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Since this is flying over so many heads

Kobe passed Jordan in All-Time scoring.....Kobe>Jordan

Rondo passed Kobe in Triple Doubles......Rondo>Kobe>Jordan

Don't take the troll bait..

MMM
04-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Our Lord Godon Rondo
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

TheBluest
04-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Don't take the troll bait..

You never take bait you simply become your very own Fly Fisherman.....

Celtic_Pride
04-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Rondo :pimp:

Our future!

We all know this, come playoff time he will turn into beast mode

jdm_dc_fan
04-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Rondo :pimp:

Our future!

We all know this, come playoff time he will turn into beast mode
He's already showing signs. I love how ISH is bipolar when it comes to rondo. Real fans know he only tries when he plays rival teams and in the playoffs. He isn't out to impress you.

KBryant24
04-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Get back to me when he passes Kidd and magic. Or even bronbron

ClutchOver9000
04-02-2012, 03:14 PM
as much as I cant stand Rondo (the whole Celtics team as a matter of fact) for abusing the Knicks so much, the dude is a flat-out baller, he'll get a trip dub and I'll be like "no way, when he did score so many points" or "i dont remember him grabbing 12 boards?"...he's just sneaky about it I guess....

Best player on the Celtics indeed...

Bosnian Sajo
04-02-2012, 03:17 PM

1-CP3
2-Rondo

Deron Williams > both

TheBluest
04-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Get back to me when he passes Kidd and magic. Or even bronbron

Okay so we are qualifying greatness based on quantifying. So Rondo is only going to best Kobe if he passes those guys....or he's only worthy if he meets that standard for you?

Well until Kobe passes Malone or Jabbar he's still irrelevant in greatness.

TeamLAC
04-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Deron Williams > both
LOL :oldlol:

ihatetimthomas
04-02-2012, 04:06 PM
He is probably the most underrated pg in the game. When people talk about the elite pg's, the first names that come up are Paul, Rose, Westbrook. But Rondo is a true pg, who impacts the game without scoring. He is the best rebounder at the point, and a top level distributor. He is a tough player and a true competitor.

KBryant24
04-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Okay so we are qualifying greatness based on quantifying. So Rondo is only going to best Kobe if he passes those guys....or he's only worthy if he meets that standard for you?

Well until Kobe passes Malone or Jabbar he's still irrelevant in greatness.
You are an idiot if you think rondo Is better than kobe

Doctor Rivers
04-02-2012, 05:03 PM

3/21

TheBluest
04-02-2012, 05:09 PM

No more so than those who think Kobe is better than Jordan. The Let's Be Reality of the matter is I don't think Rondo is better than Kobe but he is a better play maker than Kobe. But the real retards believe the former start of this post.

ballerz
04-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Deron Williams > both
Yeah thats why the nets are dominating this year.... OH wait

Scholar
04-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Congratulations to Rondo. I've always thought of him as a guy who could easily get a triple-double on any given night if he tried hard enough. :confusedshrug:

theaussieguy
04-02-2012, 07:30 PM
The great thing about Rondo is that his game, although bolstered by his athleticism, does not rely on it. His physical advantages such as his wingspan/huge hands will allow him to retain and perfect his art well into the twilight years of his career.

miller-time
04-02-2012, 07:43 PM
so its ok to make a thread when kobe passes jordan in literally anything, but we can't make a post about anyone else passing kobe in anything. got it.

bleedinpurpleTwo
04-02-2012, 07:43 PM
We know what that means when a player passes up another player statistically......

It's important we update milestones. We want to make sure all fans of every player are well informed of how respectively great they are in relation to other players......

I know this may hurt some feelings and cause some to shed tears on their Hot Wheels bed sheets but it'll be okay. Rondo is going to create hella separation here between he and Kobe adding to his greatness.
I think it was the Heat feeling the pain...

Bosnian Sajo
04-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Yeah thats why the nets are dominating this year.... OH wait

Look at who he is playing with :oldlol:

The hell did CP3 do that was so impressive in NOH? He had a much better squad than Deron has atm.

SevereUpInHere
04-02-2012, 09:02 PM
I hate when we play against Rondo, the dude is everywhere, all hustle. If i was coaching a youth team I would tell them to watch Rondo, love watching this dude play against anyone else but us.

TheBluest
04-02-2012, 09:16 PM
so its ok to make a thread when kobe passes jordan in literally anything, but we can't make a post about anyone else passing kobe in anything. got it.

Basically it's the NITWITTED fans of his trying to establish these parameters and when their own MO is used against them they lash out.

I think this one caught them off guard because they more than likely had no idea Rondo had this kind of Cobra Clutch grip on their Zero.

TheBigVeto
04-02-2012, 09:36 PM

Why is this news? Intelligent fans know that Rondo is a versatile player and Kobe is a ballhog shot jacker. Naturally Rondo will have more triple doubles in his career. Kobe is better than Rondo only in chucking shots. Everything else, Rondo is better.

Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Yao Ming's Foot
04-02-2012, 11:27 PM
The difference is Kobe fans don't care about triple doubles while Jordan fans sure as hell care about scoring as evidenced by the existence of this thread.

:oldlol:

ralph_i_el
04-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Don't just single out Westbrook add......Rose/Wall/Jennings/Curry/Parker/Harris/Evans

All these guys have their nitch playing this position but in comparison to the

Rondo is POINT GOD

just because wall is a rose/westbrook type athlete dose't mean that he is primarily a scorer. He is a very willing passer and won't force shots when he isn't shooting well.

ClutchOver9000
04-03-2012, 12:27 AM
I hate when we play against Rondo, the dude is everywhere, all hustle. If i was coaching a youth team I would tell them to watch Rondo, love watching this dude play against anyone else but us.

this...

he's like a pest...very annoying...

always getting timely steals...diving on the floor for loose balls, throwing the ball off a Knick to maintain possession, always managing to get the most critical offensive rebound...then when you dont expect it, Rondo, who has0 one of the brokest jumpers in the league hits a clutch J to beat the shot clock :facepalm

I honestly cant say who I hate more btwn him, Pierce, Allen, and KG...I hate them all equally...

tazb
04-03-2012, 12:40 AM
Still puzzled why they wouldn't want him on the Olympic team starting line up with all those stars

TheBluest
04-03-2012, 12:42 AM
The difference is Kobe fans don't care about triple doubles while Jordan fans sure as hell care about scoring as evidenced by the existence of this thread.

Actually they don't because Malone and Jabbar have been ahead of him for a while now and will be forever no sour grapes over this.

The only thing that matters to Kobe fans is scoring as evidence dismissing Rondo's Trip-Dub and other player statistics like Garnett's rebounding as irrelevant.

Has Kobe ever been DPOY?

Another milestone you probably consider irrelevant so for every 1(the presumed only) they'll always be 3 or 4 to counter.

Yao Ming's Foot
04-03-2012, 01:00 AM
Actually they don't because Malone and Jabbar have been ahead of him for a while now and will be forever no sour grapes over this.

The only thing that matters to Kobe fans is scoring as evidence dismissing Rondo's Trip-Dub and other player statistics like Garnett's rebounding as irrelevant.

Has Kobe ever been DPOY?

Another milestone you probably consider irrelevant so for every 1(the presumed only) they'll will always be 3 or 4 to counter.

No one is dismissing Rondo's triple double numbers. Nor are they dismissing Kevin Garnett. They are just not shooting guards. Jordan fans are some quite sensitive cats. They cite scoring records until they are blue in the face yet the fact that Kobe passes Jordan is something and they get all sore about it. Kobe and Jordan are the two most prolific scorers and shooting guards of the last twenty years. Kobe vs Garnett vs Rondo in rebounding and triple doubles is random buffoonery.

TheBluest
04-03-2012, 01:09 AM
No one is dismissing Rondo's triple double numbers. Nor are they dismissing Kevin Garnett. They are just not shooting guards. Jordan fans are some quite sensitive cats. They cite scoring records until they are blue in the face yet the fact that Kobe passes Jordan is something and they get all sore about it. Kobe and Jordan are the two most prolific scorers and shooting guards of the last twenty years. Kobe vs Garnett vs Rondo in rebounding and triple doubles is random buffoonery.

Listen up Spanky Lebron and Durant are going to pass Jordan(Kobe too) in scoring too barring no major injuries. Other notables possibly having a chance without the injuries or personal issues...(Iverson & T-Mac....possibly Carter)

We know scoring is skewed based on the amount of time/gms played. When scoring is cited pertaining to Jordan it usually centers around averages/efficiency not necessarily cumulative totals. No Jordan fan bragged about him being 3rd All-Time or 4rth or wherever he is now in scoring.

What you nitwits are trying to do would be akin to Celtic fans trumping up Paul Pierce over Larry Legend because he surpassed him in All-Time scoring as a Celtic.

I.R.Beast
04-03-2012, 01:14 AM
that would explain why since being "ran" by rondo we haven't finished in the top 10 in offensive efficiency once, and our offense has a high tendency to stagnate. stop looking at statlines.

TheBluest
04-03-2012, 01:17 AM
that would explain why since being "ran" by rondo we haven't finished in the top 10 in offensive efficiency once, and our offense has a high tendency to stagnate. stop looking at statlines.

This has more to do with the team being a jump shooting team. There aren't many consistent finishers on your team. Also your team finishes Top in defensive stats and being an older team I'm sure that takes a toll on offensive numbers.

Yao Ming's Foot
04-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Listen up Spanky Lebron and Durant are going to pass Jordan in scoring too barring no major injuries. Other notables possibly having a chance without the injuries or personal issues...(Iverson & T-Mac)

We know scoring is skewed based on the amount of time/gms played. When scoring is cited pertaining to Jordan it usually centers around averages/efficiency when doing so no cumulative totals. No Jordan fan brags about him being 3rd All-Time or 4th or wherever he is now.

Right why would they cite NBA all time greatest scoring records when they could cite an ever impressive Rookie of the Year award and a single DPOY award. I'm pretty sure Jordan has the most talked about DPOY and ROY awards in NBA history for the single reason that Kobe does not have one. We get it. Kobe didn't win the ROY as a 18 year old. He didn't steal a DPOY award from Hakeem and Rodman. :bowdown:

Jordan fans see the writing on the wall. Kobe's gunning for that top spot and the Jodanites are going to pretend it doesn't matter. Its transparent. Clearly it angers you and its hilarious.

DKLaker
04-03-2012, 01:28 AM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
He cannot shoot to save his life.......if he could Boston would've won 3-4 straight titles. To attempt to compare him to Kobe :facepalm Epic Fail!!!!

If he learns how to shoot well and wins 4 more rings we can certainly have a discussion.......til then STFU :D

I.R.Beast
04-03-2012, 01:31 AM
This has more to do with the team being a jump shooting team. There aren't many consistent finishers on your team. Also your team finishes Top in defensive stats and being an older team I'm sure that takes a toll on offensive numbers.

! person racking up assists is not good offense. How many teams do u see topping offensive efficiency have guys racking up a sh*t load of assists?....move the ball around stop forcing the offense through 1 player.

Nevaeh
04-03-2012, 02:12 AM

Dude STFU.

You're the one who actually created the Thread about Kobe surpassing Jordan in POINTS as a BULL. Your hatin' ass couldn't even wait for Kobe to pass Jordan's career total before you created that Thread. Now who, exactly cares about scoring again?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257471

Yao Ming's Foot
04-03-2012, 02:20 AM
Dude STFU.

You're the one who actually created the Thread about Kobe surpassing Jordan in POINTS as a BULL. Your hatin' ass couldn't even wait for Kobe to pass Jordan's career total before you created that Thread. Now who, exactly cares about scoring again?

:biggums:

If Jordan was a GOAT writer maybe you wouldn't fail so hard at reading comprehension.

I never denied Kobe and Jordan fans care about scoring. But they sure as hell didn't care about Rondo's triple doubles until after Kobe made it rain on Jordan's Bulls legacy.

wang4three
04-03-2012, 02:26 AM
Rondo only seems to play really phenomenal when he's on national TV. He's still very good otherwise, but I think there's a level of difference otherwise when he's on national TV>

Nevaeh
04-03-2012, 02:30 AM

If Jordan was a GOAT writer maybe you wouldn't fail so hard at reading comprehension.

I never denied Kobe and Jordan fans care about scoring. But they sure as hell didn't care about Rondo's triple doubles until after Kobe made it rain on Jordan's Bulls legacy.

No son, it's YOU who's been hitting the pipe, purposely starting a "Bait Thread" based on Kobe passing Jordan's point total as a BULL and :bowdown: to it like the Kobe drone that you are. What's sadder is you had to cap off a part of Jordan's career point totals to "Get your Worship ON".

If Rondo's "Triple Doubles" don't bother you, as a Kobe fan enough to even "care" about them, then WTF are you doing in the Thread Hypocrite?

Mr. Jabbar
04-03-2012, 02:31 AM
Deron Williams > both

Yao Ming's Foot
04-03-2012, 02:32 AM

No son, it's YOU who's been hitting the pipe, purposely starting a "Bait Thread" based on Kobe passing Jordan's point total as a BULL and :bowdown: to it like the Kobe drone that you are. What's sadder is you had to cap off a part of Jordan's career point totals to "Get your Worship ON".

If Rondo's "Triple Doubles" don't bother you, as a Kobe fan enough to even "care" about them, then WTF are you doing in the Thread Hypocrite?

Making Jordan mythologists look stupid as usual.

Nothing but props to Rondo. :confusedshrug:

Nevaeh
04-03-2012, 02:40 AM
Making Jordan mythologists look stupid as usual.

Nothing but props to Rondo. :confusedshrug:

Your first post in the thread:

You, as a Kobe Fan, "Don't care about Triple Doubles". Yet you're in a thread discussing "Triple Doubles". It's even in the friggin Thread Title. Now you're back tracking "giving nothing but props to Rondo". You could have just did that in the first post "Foot Boy".
:lol

:rolleyes:

Yao Ming's Foot
04-03-2012, 02:44 AM
Your first post in the thread:

You, as a Kobe Fan, "Don't care about Triple Doubles". Yet you're in a thread discussing "Triple Doubles". It's even in the friggin Thread Title. Now you're back tracking "giving nothing but props to Rondo". You could have just did that in the first post "Foot Boy".

I already did.

Props to Rondo and a shout out to the the sensitive Jordan mythologists. Just a perfect post in general.

talkingconch
04-03-2012, 02:51 AM

http://i41.tinypic.com/nf8nm.gif

Nevaeh
04-03-2012, 02:59 AM
I already did.

Props to Rondo and a shout out to the the sensitive Jordan mythologists. Just a perfect post in general.

Ooohhh sh!t, you got me Goood YMF :oldlol: That was your SECOND post, my bad (seriously). I still got you on not being able to leave Jordan's name out of your first post in a thread not even dealing with him though.

:cheers:

TheBluest
04-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Man I see this thread got it's Sonnage On.....

And just so YMF the NITSHIT understands scoring isn't the end all be all to everything.....

Karl Malone played power forward his whole career, is 2nd on the All-Time scoring list...

Meanwhile Tim Duncan played power forward for most of his career while also playing center and he's I don't know somewhere like 25th All-Time in Scoring

Guess who 1billion times out of 10 is regarded as the G. (PF) O.A.T.?

If Duncan gets another ring this year he'll then be regarded as the Greatest Champion of our generation

Jordan has never been summarized as the G.O.A.T. based purely on scoring, anyone remotely suggesting this is out of their Lima Bean. The fact your blood pressure went 320/60 when things like DPOY/ROY/MVPs etc etc are mentioned as they regularly are just goes to show you the arguments have never been a point A to point B with His Airness it's 360 as in complete circle because he was a complete player

Sorry I had to leave you in the Sandbox here but go clean yourself up after wetting your dros in it.

Xover
04-03-2012, 01:47 PM
rondo doesn't intend to score much coz he'll end up at the foul line and you know how the story goes from there

33% coming your way from Mr. Triple Double

Rondo responded to coach Doc Rivers imploring him to become a scorer Sunday, and put up 16 points with 14 assists and 11 rebounds. "We told Rondo that we needed him to be a scorer. Not a playmaker, a scorer," Rivers told the Associated Press. "He set the tone at the beginning of the game by doing that, and I thought that loosened it up for everybody."

Rondo says "hell, I'll do both, plus shame them on the boards and even make one from 3 point range".

Yao Ming's Foot
04-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Man I see this thread got it's Sonnage On.....

And just so YMF the NITSHIT understands scoring isn't the end all be all to everything.....

Karl Malone played power forward his whole career, is 2nd on the All-Time scoring list...

Meanwhile Tim Duncan played power forward for most of his career while also playing center and he's I don't know somewhere like 25th All-Time in Scoring

Guess who 1billion times out of 10 is regarded as the G. (PF) O.A.T.?

If Duncan gets another ring this year he'll then be regarded as the Greatest Champion of our generation

Jordan has never been summarized as the G.O.A.T. based purely on scoring, anyone remotely suggesting this is out of their Lima Bean. The fact your blood pressure went 320/60 when things like DPOY/ROY/MVPs etc etc are mentioned as they regularly are just goes to show you the arguments have never been a point A to point B with His Airness it's 360 as in complete circle because he was a complete player

Sorry I had to leave you in the Sandbox here but go clean yourself up after wetting your dros in it.

Duncan is considered the greatest PF of all time because he has 4 rings to Malone's goose eggs. He also has 13 all defensive team awards to Malone's 4. Please try harder :facepalm

TheBluest
04-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Duncan is considered the greatest PF of all time because he has 4 rings to Malone's goose eggs. Please try harder :facepalm

Which means being an All-Time leading scorer isn't all it's cracked up to be....

Why not look at all the things encompassing greatness.

Thanks for sealing the approval my previous post. The backpedaling here is of pure potency by you.

And if it's all about the jewelry then Russell>>>>>>>Everyone. It's not 1 singular thing or even a hen pecking few....it involves many considerations which Jordan will always have more than most players who've ever played this game

Yao Ming's Foot
04-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Which means being an All-Time leading scorer isn't all it's cracked up to be....

Why not look at all the things encompassing greatness.

Thanks for sealing the approval my previous post. The backpedaling here is of pure potency by you.

And if it's all about the jewelry then Russell>>>>>>>Everyone. It's not 1 singular thing or even a hen pecking few....it involves many considerations which Jordan will always have more than most players who've ever played this game

Nobody said that Kobe was suddenly better than Jordan after passing him in more points scored for one franchise.

It was only the hypersensitivity by the Jordan mythologists such as yourself that gave that thread legs.

TheBluest
04-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Nobody said that Kobe was suddenly better than Jordan after passing him in more points scored for one franchise.

It was only the hypersensitivity by the Jordan mythologists such as yourself that gave that thread legs.

And henceforth your hypersensitivity got the best of you in this thread. Your resuscitation prowess is schtrong along with your self denial schrength

Root for Kobe to get a Trip-Dub in his next game to get on Rondos level..... doing things other than scoring like passing the rock and rebounding. I mean we know how much you guys appreciate his rebounding right when it elevates him? It's the reason he got the MVP of the finals after his horrific shooting performances the only thing you blowhards could hang your hat on at the time.

TAP OUT YA DIME TRICK

LA_Showtime
04-03-2012, 03:54 PM
This thread is a waste of space, and comparing these guys is retarded. Kobe doesn't even know what "assist" means.

Yao Ming's Foot
04-03-2012, 03:57 PM

And henceforth your hypersensitivity got the best of you in this thread your resuscitation prowess is schtrong along with your schrength

Root for Kobe to get a Trip-Dub in his next game to get on Rondos level..... doing things other than scoring like passing the rock and rebounding. I mean we know how much you guys appreciate his rebounding right when it elevates him? It's the reason he got the MVP of the finals after his horrific shooting performances the only thing you blowhards could hang your hat on at the time.

TAP OUT YA DIME TRICK

:bowdown: means "Kobe is now better than Jordan"?

:wtf:

kileer7
04-03-2012, 03:57 PM

I think he's making fun of the logic many use when saying that so and so passes so and so in cumulative totals, therefore that person is better.

JohnnyWall
04-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Wake me up when Rondo drops 81 in a single game.

TheBluest
04-03-2012, 04:05 PM
I think he's making fun of the logic many use when saying that so and so passes so and so in cumulative totals, therefore that person is better.

This was really the main point I was getting at. It wasn't even necessarily a Kobe thing as I used several examples(which actually weren't positive in Jordan's favor(lower on Trip-Dubs and Scoring) throughout this thread to show how looking at stats singularly warps logic.

So anytime Durant passes Lebron or Lebron passes Kobe or Kyrie passes Magic it has to be thread worthy on ISH and homage must be paid in efforts to stamp player down or up vs said player.

Horse ManureISH

PTB Fan
04-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Rondo's a beast.

JohnnyWall
04-03-2012, 04:25 PM
This was really the main point I was getting at. It wasn't even necessarily a Kobe thing as I used several examples(which actually weren't positive in Jordan's favor(lower on Trip-Dubs and Scoring) throughout this thread to show how looking at stats singularly warps logic.

So anytime Durant passes Lebron or Lebron passes Kobe or Kyrie passes Magic it has to be thread worthy on ISH and homage must be paid in efforts to stamp player vs player.

Horse ManureISH

Comparing the scoring of two scoring-focused SGs.
Comparing the triple-doubles of a traditional PG and a scoring SG.

You don't see the difference?

Nevaeh
04-03-2012, 05:05 PM

The point was YMF used Kobe passing up Jordan in points as a BULL as an excuse to make a "Bait Thread" to brag about it. The fact that it took Kobe 16 years to accomplish what Jordan did in 13 years (as a Bull) just makes YMF look like a hater, or sh!t starter, considering he couldn't even wait until Kobe passed Jordan's career total to make a Thread about it.

He knew exactly what he was doing when he created that Thread, and so did other Posters, who aren't even big Jordan Fans. This was a mock thread showing how any Milestone can be skewed to make an accomplishment bigger than it actually is.

TheBluest
04-03-2012, 05:26 PM

Okay so If I would have done Drexler or Lebron who are ahead of Kobe in Trip Dubs would that have been more official for you?

or

Do you then proceed to resort to who has more rings, who has more pts yada yada bs:coleman:

The more resistance the more you twist yourself into a Pretzel.

TheBluest
04-12-2012, 01:28 AM
On The Court Jumper Got Me Feeling Kind Of Troubled

So I Messed Around And Got Another Triple Double

TheBluest
05-26-2012, 10:45 PM
On The Court Jumper Got Me Feeling Kind Of Troubled

So I Messed Around And Got Another Triple Double

Rondo>Kobe

ALWAYS AND FOREVER AMEN

imdaman99
05-26-2012, 10:47 PM
that was a garbage triple double. dude got a rebound up 10 with 30 seconds left. westbrooks triple double was bigger and better

GreenChampion
05-26-2012, 10:50 PM
that was a garbage triple double. dude got a rebound up 10 with 30 seconds left. westbrooks triple double was bigger and better

True. Those last 9 consecutive points he scored to take over in the clutch were garbage also hey?

SMH.

CelticBaller
05-26-2012, 10:51 PM
Forget the rebound, Rondo went mamba mode

TheBluest
05-26-2012, 10:52 PM

All-Time Career Playoff Triple Double Leaders

Magic-30
Kidd - 11
Bird - 10
Wilt -9
Rondo - 9

This List Is Nothing Short Of Greatness

imdaman99
05-26-2012, 10:53 PM
True. Those last 9 consecutive points he scored to take over in the clutch were garbage also hey?

SMH.
yeah mad clutch, he made wide open jumper after wide open jumper.

TheBluest
05-26-2012, 10:57 PM

Yep something so called clutch players couldn't do this playoffs and his 3's were deep 3's and he's not a shooter.

AMISTILLILL
05-26-2012, 10:58 PM

You're an idiot and the Knicks lost in 5 in the first round.

imdaman99
05-26-2012, 10:59 PM
You're an idiot and the Knicks lost in 5 in the first round.
cool story bruh. love the history lesson. i suppose your team just won the championship

AMISTILLILL
05-26-2012, 11:01 PM
cool story bruh. love the history lesson. i suppose your team just won the championship

I don't get the championship comment... but I'll answer with a tentative, "no?"

RRR3
05-26-2012, 11:02 PM
At least the Celtics fans can remember the last time they won.

CelticBaller
05-26-2012, 11:06 PM
At least the Celtics fans were alive last time they won.
fixed

AMISTILLILL
05-26-2012, 11:07 PM
fixed

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Qwoc40E9TSk/TvUtmuuVHpI/AAAAAAAABgA/BvPgKtBNq94/s320/hbkdealwithit.gif

Real Men Wear Green
05-26-2012, 11:19 PM
fixed
Fatality.

GreenChampion
05-26-2012, 11:21 PM

Nice comeback.

Knicks fans :hammerhead:

RRR3
05-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Fatality.
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/1058/236985-flawlessvictory_large.jpg

imdaman99
05-26-2012, 11:31 PM
At least the Celtics fans can remember the last time they won.
cool story bruh, i suppose mario chalmers has a ring too.
do you remember how he got one in college? dude hit the big shot to send it to OT :bowdown:

imdaman99
05-26-2012, 11:33 PM
fixed
congrats on your 1 ring with 3 superstars in 20 years. remind me when the knicks had ring chasers join their team

RRR3
05-26-2012, 11:35 PM
cool story bruh, i suppose mario chalmers has a ring too.
do you remember how he got one in college? dude hit the big shot to send it to OT :bowdown:
Chalmers will have a ring one day. U still mad he locked down Lin?

Real Men Wear Green
05-26-2012, 11:36 PM
congrats on your 1 ring with 3 superstars in 20 years. remind me when the knicks had ring chasers join their team
Appaqrently Melo thought playing with STAT was the answer. He may have been wrong, though. Ring chasers don't join the Knicks because their goal is to win a Championship. The Celtics can't help it that they're actually capable of wining games in the playoffs. This is hardly fair.

imdaman99
05-26-2012, 11:37 PM
Appaqrently Melo thought playing with STAT was the answer. He may have been wrong, though. Ring chasers don't join the Knicks because their goal is to win a Championship. The Celtics can't help it that they're actually capable of wining games in the playoffs. This is hardly fair.
congrats on your 1 ring in 25 years :applause:

CelticBaller
Carmelo Anthony

RRR3
The Knicks won a game this year! :no:

imdaman99
05-26-2012, 11:39 PM
so let me get this straight. the celtics beat the hawks and 76ers, both teams the knicks would beat in a series. lets see how many games the celtics won against the heat last year in the playoffs. im sure it was a lot more than the 1 the knicks won :cheers:

Real Men Wear Green
05-26-2012, 11:40 PM
congrats on your 1 ring in 25 years :applause:
That's one more than the Knicks got. Quit while behind, please.
The Knicks won a game this year! :no:
"Games," plural. :no:

RRR3
05-26-2012, 11:41 PM
so let me get this straight. the celtics beat the hawks and 76ers, both teams the knicks would beat in a series. lets see how many games the celtics won against the heat last year in the playoffs. im sure it was a lot more than the 1 the knicks won :cheers:

Real Men Wear Green
05-26-2012, 11:41 PM
I'm sorry, I was unaware that the Knicks had beaten anyone in a series over the last decade. Am I mistaken?

imdaman99
05-26-2012, 11:42 PM
I'm sorry, I was unaware that the Knicks had beaten anyone in a series over the last decade. Am I mistaken?
you clearly got me on the knicks :lol at least im a giants fan :cheers:

CelticBaller
05-26-2012, 11:42 PM

Last year the knicks got swept. guess by who :rolleyes:

RRR3
05-26-2012, 11:43 PM
Yeah, but they WOULD have won, dude, so it still counts. Moral victories, ya know.

imdaman99
last year the celtics lost in 5. guess by who?

RRR3
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk6gj5QRGZ1qfh9kfo1_500.jpg

AMISTILLILL
05-26-2012, 11:44 PM

LOL @ comparing the one win Boston got in the SECOND round to the 1 win NY got in the FIRST round a year later. :oldlol:

HELL of an accomplishment to boast about. :roll:

Real Men Wear Green
05-26-2012, 11:45 PM
you clearly got me on the knicks :lol at least im a giants fan :cheers:
We accept your surrender.

CelticBaller
05-26-2012, 11:46 PM
last year the celtics lost in 5. guess by who?
Well then I doubt the knicks could've beaten the hawks :oldlol:

imdaman99
05-26-2012, 11:48 PM
LOL @ comparing the one win Boston got in the SECOND round to the 1 win NY got in the FIRST round a year later. :oldlol:

HELL of an accomplishment to boast about. :roll:
my point flew over your head. granted you're prob a heat fan so let me break it down for you.

neither were accomplishments. both were undressings. i know the knicks were a joke. at least melo was unstoppable for a game.

AMISTILLILL
05-26-2012, 11:49 PM
my point flew over your head. granted you're prob a heat fan so let me break it down for you.

neither were accomplishments. both were undressings. i know the knicks were a joke. at least melo was unstoppable for a game.

I'm probably a Heat fan? I'm a Boston fan but thanks for playing, chief!

imdaman99
05-26-2012, 11:50 PM
I'm probably a Heat fan? I'm a Boston fan but thanks for playing, chief!
ok than either way, im happy you're proud of winning a game in the 2nd round. wear that banner bro

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-26-2012, 11:52 PM
Knicks fans really talking shit right now? LOL :oldlol:

RRR3
05-26-2012, 11:52 PM
Knicks fans really talking shit right now? LOL :oldlol:
Whatever happened to ol Archi boy and his pals IDunk and LoneyRoy7?

CelticBaller
05-26-2012, 11:53 PM
ok than either way, im happy you're proud of winning a game in the 2nd round. wear that banner bro
at least we have one, you guys haven't earned yours for a decade now

imdaman99
05-26-2012, 11:55 PM
at least we have one, you guys haven't earned yours for a decade now
wasnt aware that you played for the celtics. my bad bro, is that your pietrus? :oldlol:

RRR3
05-26-2012, 11:56 PM
wasnt aware that you played for the celtics. my bad bro, is that your pietrus? :oldlol:
Quiet, Toney Douglas

CelticBaller
05-26-2012, 11:57 PM
Boston considers their fans a big part of their team success. :confusedshrug:

I guess you can't say that for a team that hasn't won much

imdaman99
05-26-2012, 11:58 PM
Quiet, Toney Douglas
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit id love to be toney douglas.
sure hes a scrub and a whipping boy... but he makes good money compared to even doctors :lol

imdaman99
05-27-2012, 12:00 AM

dude, the garden is electric. did you watch the knicks play against the lakers and mavs when linsanity was around? us knicks fans are fckin thirsty, we are starving for a winner. its been so damn long bro.

AMISTILLILL
05-27-2012, 12:07 AM

Haha, I'm not even happy. I've been discrediting this Boston team all playoffs long. Perhaps you missed my thread not even an hour ago saying as such. They don't belong in the ECF, nor did Philly.

Your New York Knicks team is just garbage. Boston doesn't even have anything to do with that fact. :lol

bdreason
05-27-2012, 05:05 AM
A lot easier for a ball dominant PG to get trip dubs.

AMISTILLILL
05-27-2012, 05:11 AM

TheBigVeto
05-27-2012, 05:36 AM
What's the big deal? Kobe sucks at triple double.
If Rondo beats Kobe in chucking bad shots then we can talk.

ballup
05-27-2012, 05:47 AM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/015/orly.jpg

Real Men Wear Green
05-27-2012, 07:39 AM
"Easy" and "triple-double" should never be mentioned in the same sentence. It's never a simple matter for a player around six feet tall to get 10+ rebounds and you aren't getting double-digits in points and assists if you don't have the ball a lot. Bottom line, there are thousands of players in NBA history. Only three of them have had more postseason triple-doubles than Rondo and Rondo is still only 26.

Vienceslav
05-27-2012, 08:15 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsXPZVPIjxE :roll:

jrong
05-27-2012, 09:04 AM
Triple-doubles are a completely overrated stat. 10-10-10 games are not better than 50-10-9 games, but only one of them counts as a triple-double. Get the point? It's the production that matters, not arbitrarily reaching double-figures in three columns.

Real Men Wear Green
05-27-2012, 09:21 AM
Triple-doubles are a completely overrated stat. 10-10-10 games are not better than 50-10-9 games, but only one of them counts as a triple-double. Get the point? It's the production that matters, not arbitrarily reaching double-figures in three columns.
Rondo almost never has a 10-10-10 game.

b1imtf
05-27-2012, 09:29 AM
A lot easier for a ball dominant SF to get trip dubs.
Hmm I see :confusedshrug:

Punpun
05-27-2012, 11:12 AM
I have trouble taking people who spit on Rondo's achievments seriously. 3 TRIPLE DUBS. 3 in 13 match ? That's insane.

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-27-2012, 11:13 AM

CelticBaller
05-27-2012, 11:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsXPZVPIjxE :roll:
http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/images/11/2011/04/knicks_shirt.jpg

BlackWhiteGreen
05-27-2012, 11:36 AM

The only other kind of PG is a bad PG.

A lot easier for a 6'6 guy to get rebounds than a 6'1 guy.

Punpun
05-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Seriously, ANYONE spitting on Rondo when he is arguably the BEST PG left is asinine.

BlackWhiteGreen
05-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Seriously, ANYONE spitting on Rondo when he is arguably the BEST PG left is asinine.

Everyone does it to LeBron, Kobe etc and they're the best players in the game. If anything, being a top player opens you up to more scrutiny.

Punpun
05-27-2012, 12:21 PM
But when they do it's, when those critics are pertinent, more or less a failure on their part on something. But Spitting on achievments is stupid.

Then again, I saw people doing it to Kobe for his 42 points games for his last game of the season etc. People aren't really rational..

Mach_3
05-27-2012, 01:08 PM

:facepalm

amfirst
05-27-2012, 01:36 PM

It doesn't change the fact that I rather have Westbrook, CP3, Deron, and a bunch of other pgs over him. Filling out the stat sheet doesn't equal rings. Just look at all the champions, MJ didn't need to fill out the stat sheet and he is the best.

Punpun
05-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Rondo has more rings than CP3, Nash, Lin, Westbrook and Deron combined. Your point is moot.

Real Men Wear Green
05-27-2012, 01:48 PM
It doesn't change the fact that I rather have Westbrook, CP3, Deron, and a bunch of other pgs over him. Filling out the stat sheet doesn't equal rings. Just look at all the champions, MJ didn't need to fill out the stat sheet and he is the best.
MJ didn't fill the stat sheet? Wow.

bdreason
05-27-2012, 05:42 PM
"Easy" and "triple-double" should never be mentioned in the same sentence. It's never a simple matter for a player around six feet tall to get 10+ rebounds and you aren't getting double-digits in points and assists if you don't have the ball a lot. Bottom line, there are thousands of players in NBA history. Only three of them have had more postseason triple-doubles than Rondo and Rondo is still only 26.

I didn't say it was easy. I said it's easier for a ball dominant PG to get trip dubs than pretty much every other position... and that's a fact.

And LeBron used to get a ton of trip dubs for the same reason. He may been listed as a SF, but he was essentially a ball dominant PG.

My statement was not made to diminish Rondo's achievement, I what simply to point out that comparing trip dubs between a ball dominant PG, and a SG who played in the Triangle offense most of his career, is retarded.

My favorite player of all-time is Jason Kidd... a ball dominant PG who rebounds well, just like Rondo.