PDA

View Full Version : Bynum: " I dont participate i the huddles.", Bayless response: "Close to full blown m

BlueandGold
04-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Bynum: " I dont participate i the huddles.", Bayless response: "Close to full blown mutiny"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwiMt5m2Zik&feature=plcp&context=C44d4782VDvjVQa1PpcFP_aqUMI5plepbAq5T_BvRc FDFxjYMNNjA%3D

RazorBaLade
04-02-2012, 08:16 PM
would bet money that lakers run triangle in playoffs

Punpun
04-02-2012, 08:18 PM

Not like it'd do much to Brown as he doesn't care about O.

guy
04-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Bynum is the epitome of an entitled, young, immature star athlete.

Pushxx
04-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Lakers ran the triangle against the Celtics in their last regular season game.

Real Men Wear Green
04-02-2012, 08:27 PM
You can't run an offense your coaches don't know.

PickernRoller
04-02-2012, 08:32 PM

Best offensive system that exist..........so the opposing team runs zone.... 3pt shooter barrage....so the opposing team runs iso....bigs and slashers make you pay....

PicknRoll and play sets are just a mess, adding complexity to a simple thing. Sets don't always go the way you want them to go........pick n roll....well, everyone knows it......too dependent on PG's.....

Ball movement and spacing works wonders and that is what the triangle allows you to do. Ask MJ about it....ask Shaq about it.....they loved it.

TeamLAC
04-02-2012, 08:36 PM
You can't run an offense your coaches don't know.
Kobe, Pau, and Andrew know it. Therefore it will be run.

PickernRoller
04-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Look at the spacing and how many Lakers get to touch the ball......ball movement is just gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEWGkroBi8c

lets not act like that happens today on this Lakers team.....triangle is so f' simple but yet you need smart players to run it.

If you double team Kobe or any other player the openness other players will have and the spacing to make that open player or some other player make a play is just gold.

Mike Brown is lost when it comes to offense and he's not better than a college coach at it.

BlueandGold
04-02-2012, 08:40 PM
I mean "I don't participate in huddles"?

Then what are you getting paid to do?

bleedinpurpleTwo
04-02-2012, 08:45 PM
this is an example of reporters (Bayless) reading more into the situation than actually exists.

gyu
04-02-2012, 08:47 PM
"I don't know," Bynum said with his characteristic cavalier attitude. "I don't take part in the huddles."
Another reporter reacted with disbelief, asking why not.
"I'm resting," Bynum said. "Getting my Zen on."

:biggums:

LoneyROY7
04-02-2012, 08:50 PM
LOL. Bynum is so smug.

TOUCH MY BODY
04-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Bynum giving Mike Brown the middle finger.

Godzuki
04-02-2012, 08:52 PM
i'd like to see direct video of Bynum saying it. he could've just been jokingly blowing off the question. that was a loaded question they were asking him anyways.

LoneyROY7
04-02-2012, 08:56 PM
i'd like to see direct video of Bynum saying it. he could've just been jokingly blowing off the question. that was a loaded question they were asking him anyways.

He wasn't joking.

Scroll down to Bynum post-game 3/31/12

http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/originals/

Real Men Wear Green
04-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Kobe, Pau, and Andrew know it. Therefore it will be run.
They can try, but the coach needs to have the vision in his mind's eye of what the offense should look like. The offense isn't going to be right if you have a guy like Bryant who views any possession that ends with himself shooting as a a good one now designing the whole offense. Bryant and Gasol are smart players (n/c on the third)but players, especially scorers, are focused on their own numbers and aren't always going to have the whole team in mind.

Plus now LA has a new starting pg whose never been in the triangle, and the triangle is an offense that we've never seen feature a playmaking pg under Jackson. Is Bryant going to design a triangle offense that uses Sessions well?

It'd be hard to make it work.

bmulls
04-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Bynum is a coach's worst nightmare. Immature, snotty, entitled little punk.

This is why Phil Jackson was such a great coach. Every coach knows the sport of basketball, it's dealing with superstar egos that is the true gift of the greats.

Heavincent
04-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Kobe is definitely rubbing off on Bynum. All of the smart ass and blunt answers to media questions and such.

Whoah10115
04-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Brown has to improve.

But the Lakers are a stupidly run team...they couldn't possibly believe Mike Brown was the best choice for this snotty team. Guy is gonna get his career killed.

linZoMourning
04-02-2012, 09:10 PM
imagine if someone said this and was on the spurs. he would be hung in the locker room. terrible...

Pointguard
04-02-2012, 09:28 PM
As a team leader, Kobe should get on Bynum. Leadership is a big thing.

ZenMaster
04-02-2012, 09:43 PM
"I don't know," Bynum said with his characteristic cavalier attitude. "I don't take part in the huddles."
Another reporter reacted with disbelief, asking why not.
"I'm resting," Bynum said. "Getting my Zen on."

:biggums:

It's actually interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBE6BnHJLfo

PickernRoller
04-02-2012, 09:51 PM

Zen Zen .......it was like a cult playing for Phill :oldlol: :oldlol:

Maneva
04-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Bynum is a coach's worst nightmare. Immature, snotty, entitled little punk.

He was definitely joking, just a sarcastic answer because of all the hoopla after the Warriors game, but I still agree with this. Remember Bynum parking in handicapped spaces during the lockout? Not a huge deal by itself, but he seems to always have that kind of entitled attitude. Bynum's starting to remind me a lot of Cousins and I could see it causing problems for the Lakers.

LoneyROY7
04-02-2012, 10:01 PM
He was definitely joking, just a sarcastic answer because of all the hoopla after the Warriors game, but I still agree with this. Remember Bynum parking in handicapped spaces during the lockout? Not a huge deal by itself, but he seems to always have that kind of entitled attitude. Bynum's starting to remind me a lot of Cousins and I could see it causing problems for the Lakers.

First, it was after the Hornets' game...and second, it didn't sound like he was joking at all.

Heavincent
04-02-2012, 10:19 PM

Zen Master :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Can't say enough good things about this guy :applause:

B
04-02-2012, 10:38 PM
You can't run an offense your coaches don't know.Can't run an offense 90% of your players don't know either

DKLaker
04-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Best offensive system that exist..........so the opposing team runs zone.... 3pt shooter barrage....so the opposing team runs iso....bigs and slashers make you pay....

PicknRoll and play sets are just a mess, adding complexity to a simple thing. Sets don't always go the way you want them to go........pick n roll....well, everyone knows it......too dependent on PG's.....

Ball movement and spacing works wonders and that is what the triangle allows you to do. Ask MJ about it....ask Shaq about it.....they loved it.

Mike Brown never heard of any of this :hammerhead:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
04-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Jim buss will know that you need a 2way coach to win championship and not dumb potato head...who has no clue to run any other play that iso

iso after iso after iso...no fcuking ball movement nothing

John C is a dummy too

longtime lurker
04-02-2012, 11:51 PM
If Bynum acting this way gets Mike Brown fired he'd actually be doing the Lakers a favour.

magnax1
04-03-2012, 12:10 AM
If Bynum acting this way gets Mike Brown fired he'd actually be doing the Lakers a favour.
This. I have no clue how the guy got rehired. He never makes adjustments and doesn't know how to run an effective offense that doesn't include a Lebron pick and roll with Big Z.

I<3NBA
04-03-2012, 12:49 AM
you just described Kobe 13 years ago.

As a team leader, Kobe should get on Bynum. Leadership is a big thing.
if Kobe was a leader everyone makes him out to be, Bynum wouldn't be acting like this. fact is, nobody wants to follow Kobe down into his chucking sunset. Jackson said when Kobe came in, he was raring to be a leader. problem was, nobody was following.

the main characteristic of a great leader is leading by example. by Kobe's example, Bynum is just following.

KevinNYC
04-03-2012, 01:23 AM

MJ hated the triangle when Jackson introduced it and often tried to sabotage it.

In Jordan Rules, the storyline of the first championship season for the Bulls was that Jordan didn't trust his teammates, wouldn't pass to them when they were open and wanted go back to getting the ball and having all his teammates clear out.

PickernRoller
04-03-2012, 01:41 AM
MJ hated the triangle when Jackson introduced it and often tried to sabotage it.

In Jordan Rules, the storyline of the first championship season for the Bulls was that Jordan didn't trust his teammates, wouldn't pass to them when they were open and wanted go back to getting the ball and having all his teammates clear out.

Not so much in 96' 97' 98'.......fact is Jordan was/is cocky....but he made the transition and it worked well.....he loves his rings doesn't he? I will however say that Phil's Bull triangle wasn't implemented as well as Phil's Lakers triangle......just cause of the nature of Jordan, Phil's age, the players etc back in the day. However, teams win championships and the triangle allows for teams to thrive offensively, even if you're a scrub. You gotta like the triangle when you get 6 rings out of it......fact is, the triangle in modern era has been the system that has gotten more back-to-back rings in the NBA, provided you have a great coach and great players of course.

BlueandGold
04-03-2012, 03:31 AM
Either way you look at it Bynum throwing his coach under the bus isn't going to do anybody any good, especially his (bynum's) reputation.

Out of context or not "I don't participate in huddles" can really only be interpreted one way: I don't care/have zero faith in the coaching staff and instead of working through it I'm going to do the immature thing and publicly whine.

talkingconch
04-03-2012, 03:43 AM
Phil kept his ass in check. Mike Brown :facepalm

Flagrant 2
04-03-2012, 03:47 AM
Kuester was mutinied by the freaking Pistons and now hes the assistant coach for the Lakers? :oldlol: Of course players won't respect coaches like that, especially Mike Clown AKA Cleveland's trash. He's nothin but a blue collar, grind it out, pumpin up his players coach, there's plenty of those in the league already. That eventually becomes white noise and the players tune the coach out.

stephanieg
04-03-2012, 03:51 AM
The next step is Bynum refusing to shoot like Kobe after he's criticized in the media.

Myth
04-03-2012, 04:38 AM

He learned from Kobe, who learned from Shaq. 8 years from now, Bynum will be training a young SG to act entitled and immature.

longtime lurker
04-03-2012, 09:17 AM
He learned from Kobe, who learned from Shaq. 8 years from
now, Bynum will be training a young SG to act entitled and immature.

Man people on this site are a trip. Even when a situation has nothing to do with Kobe yall find a way to place blame on him.

SCREWstonRockets
04-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Lakers are 3rd place. Is Mike Brown really doing that bad?

scm5
04-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Lakers are 3rd place. Is Mike Brown really doing that bad?

When your star Center is openly undermining you during games and in interviews, you're not doing very well.

B
04-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Kupchak is gonna bitch slap this idiot back to reality real soon.

Flagrant 2
04-03-2012, 12:49 PM
[QUOTE=B

PickernRoller
04-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Could care little what Bynum says....he disagrees with the coach clearly on many things and voices his displeasure however he wants. It's not like Mike Brown sits down with Bynum on a one on one to solve things. That doesn't happen. Mike Brown is a scrub at many parts of his coaching, specially when it comes to offense. The stars in Lakers uniform simply don't want to put up with the drastic change he's proposing when the triangle was working wonders under Phill......defense they get it....they applaud Brown for it but lets not act like offense is working; it's not working at all. Kobe, Bynum and Pau want their rings now, not 2 years down the road after continuous struggle to get a "new system" going under Mike Brown - he never had a complete grasp of it anyways. F'ck Mike Brown.....even if Bynum is acting like a baby....just goes to show he's completely lost with this team.

Flagrant 2
04-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Could care little what Bynum says....he disagrees with the coach clearly on many things and voices his displeasure however he wants. It's not like Mike Brown sits down with Bynum on a one on one to solve things. That doesn't happen. Mike Brown is a scrub at many parts of his coaching, specially when it comes to offense and the stars in Lakers uniform simply don't want to put up with the drastic change he's proposing when the triangle was working wonders under Phill......defense they get it....they applaud Brown for it but lets not act like offense is working; it's not working at all.
Kuester is a terrible assistant coach and even worse coach (Pistons mutinied him) so it's no surprise the Lakers look like deer in headlights on offense.

B
04-03-2012, 01:08 PM
Could care little what Bynum says....he disagrees with the coach clearly on many things and voices his displeasure however he wants. It's not like Mike Brown sits down with Bynum on a one on one to solve things. That doesn't happen. Mike Brown is a scrub at many parts of his coaching, specially when it comes to offense. The stars in Lakers uniform simply don't want to put up with the drastic change he's proposing when the triangle was working wonders under Phill......defense they get it....they applaud Brown for it but lets not act like offense is working; it's not working at all. Kobe, Bynum and Pau want their rings now, not 2 years down the road after continuous struggle to get a "new system" going under Mike Brown - he never had a complete grasp of it anyways. This may be true but players better learn quick it's the ownership that wants this not Mike Brown alone. Lakers hired Brown for this very reason, to get rid of the Triangle and any trapping left over from the Jackson era. Anything and everything that has or had to do With Jackson is gone. Players can whine and cry till Armageddon comes and they'll still be playing a new system. The sooner they get on board the sooner they can get on track

DKLaker
04-03-2012, 01:15 PM
The Lakers have no one who has a clue about running an offense......not the players fault. Brown was clearly a terrible hire......sad because there were so many qualified coaches available.......instead they went with the moron.
It has nothing to do with the Triangle.

For_Three
04-03-2012, 02:00 PM
you just described Kobe 13 years ago.

if Kobe was a leader everyone makes him out to be, Bynum wouldn't be acting like this. fact is, nobody wants to follow Kobe down into his chucking sunset. Jackson said when Kobe came in, he was raring to be a leader. problem was, nobody was following.

the main characteristic of a great leader is leading by example. by Kobe's example, Bynum is just following.

This is true. MJ was even worse. He was a terrible leader.