PDA

View Full Version : what ball do you guys use

MavAlbert
04-03-2012, 02:35 AM
just put up a pro hoop in the backyard and was wondering what ball you guys like for outdoor play. i dont want to use my nba ball on concrete

bdreason
04-03-2012, 02:38 AM
I use the Spalding Zi/O Excel Indoor/Outdoor composite ball. You can find them for $25-30.

MavAlbert
04-03-2012, 02:40 AM
I use the Spalding Zi/O Excel Indoor/Outdoor composite ball. You can find them for $25-30.

thanks thats the one i was looking at

b0bab0i
04-03-2012, 03:01 AM
Molten GL7 Fiba Ball, play indoors.

MavAlbert
04-03-2012, 03:12 AM
Molten GL7 Fiba Ball, play indoors.

well i just spent a lot of money on an outdoor court so...

but thanks for the suggestion

gblz
04-03-2012, 03:29 AM
Just got myself a Wilson Wave "triple threat" ball, loving it so far. But my favorite is still the Wilson Evolution.

Edit: for outdoors, I use the spalding nba streetball, but I don't play outsider nearly as much as I do indoors so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

nathanjizzle
04-03-2012, 07:56 AM
firestone street tire basketball.

Status Quo
04-03-2012, 07:58 AM
WILSON NCAA HAVOC Basketball , had it since December 26 and it's still holding up just fine

Teanett
04-03-2012, 08:14 AM
i like them shaved.

CeltsGarlic
04-03-2012, 08:25 AM
I mostly play outdoor so I use this http://img-1.gearbuyer.com/nike_lebron_james_29.5_inch_basketball_p1_.jpg

Im not even fan of LeBron but this nike ball is quality. Its not expensive but the grip feels strong and it have that feel of the ball when shooting.

ILLsmak
04-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Outdoor balls are gross.

I'd recommend just getting a good ball and replacing it when it gets bare and dirty.

Being like OMG OMG I have to buy a new ball every 2 and 3 weeks... is better than playing with that rubber shit that hits the ground and goes PING... PING... PING.

-Smak

SteveNashMVPcro
04-03-2012, 08:52 AM
Molten GG7 although it's and indoor ball I've been using it pretty much outdoor all the time and after 3 years it's still pretty good.

Go Getter
04-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Outdoor balls are gross.

I'd recommend just getting a good ball and replacing it when it gets bare and dirty.

Being like OMG OMG I have to buy a new ball every 2 and 3 weeks... is better than playing with that rubber shit that hits the ground and goes PING... PING... PING.

-Smak
Lol, outdoor basketballs haven't sounded like that since the early 90's my friend.

Bucket_Nakedz
04-03-2012, 08:57 AM
wilson evolution

Kews1
04-03-2012, 09:01 AM
I mostly play outdoor so I use this http://img-1.gearbuyer.com/nike_lebron_james_29.5_inch_basketball_p1_.jpg

Im not even fan of LeBron but this nike ball is quality. Its not expensive but the grip feels strong and it have that feel of the ball when shooting.

come on You have his name written all over your balls man of course your a fan

pauk
04-03-2012, 09:10 AM
Outdoor balls are gross.

-Smak

word! haha...

the worst of all is when a BUBBLE pops out of the ball... like a huge zipper... like the surface is not perfectly round, so when you dribble the ball bounces random directions... :D

I am playing up to 8 hours bball outside/inside mix almost every day... since forever... had to change millions of bballs....

I am using indoor/outdoor mixed composite NBA basketball outside or a true indoor NBA ball... but on selective outside bball courts, the outside court i usually go to has very clean surface

I think those indoor/outdoor mix composite balls are the best for outside... BDREASON gave a fine example!

Vienceslav
04-03-2012, 09:43 AM
http://www.naikas.lt/images/BB0267-882_15335b.jpg
Not bad.

nathanjizzle
04-03-2012, 09:54 AM
http://www.naikas.lt/images/BB0267-882_15335b.jpg
Not bad.

lol this ball is horrible, nike balls suck.

Vienceslav
04-03-2012, 09:56 AM
lol this ball is horrible, nike balls suck.
Shots are falling.:cheers:

nathanjizzle
04-03-2012, 10:21 AM
Shots are falling.:cheers:
:milton

Go Getter
04-03-2012, 10:35 AM
The only ball that went PING were those cheap as Baiden balls only rookies and ghetto kids use those anymore (since like 1995).

Rake2204
04-03-2012, 10:46 AM
The only ball that went PING were those cheap as Baiden balls only rookies and ghetto kids use those anymore (since like 1995).
Also, I think the Spalding Neverflats make this noise nowadays.

I'm not too big of a stickler of outdoor basketballs. The god's honest truth is I've probably enjoyed using certain cheap basketballs just as well as a number of expensive ones. I think it sort of depends upon what a player is looking for.

In my case, I want something that will provide very solid grip and medium bounce. As such, basketballs with a rubber-like base are often what I'm going for on outdoor courts, as sacrilegious as that may sound. It can't be a rock that bounces to the moon, but I certainly prefer one that will maintain a long-term grip over the types of basketballs that seem to turn slippery months into usage.

Historically, I think I've used a couple of solid Wilsons outside. Further, I was given a Neverflat before and it sucked. Bounced to the moon and became very slippery. However, years later, I found a different Neverflat left behind at a court and that thing has worked like a charm, as if they soaked it in the Kalamazoo River first or something. It seems to hold just enough grip while providing just enough bounce.

I'd be interested in hearing other people's suggestions and reasoning behind their suggestions, only because I'm always on the lookout for an outdoor ball I could buy that would last for a long time.

DMV2
04-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Spalding indoor/outside composite ball

Go Getter
04-03-2012, 11:23 AM
I've found and lost so many I just yuse the ones that are around. I just bought my son a Wilson NCAA All-surface composite.

I mostly see composites, but I should have mentioned that I don't hoop competitively outdoors anymore. I played in an outdoor 3-on-3 tourney 3 years back and that was it.

I always play indoors.

There isn't a real good streetball scene in SLC and to hell with riding into hoods and playing like I did as a youth in the Chi...so I rarely play with outdoor balls at all.

I just remember the Baiden ball (and balls made of similar plastic) having that infamous PING. And once someone sat on it a titty would always arise.

Who buys those for anything but small kids and girls?

I wouldn't let my kid trying out for his 1st team practice with one. I loathe them.

Fiba basketball
04-03-2012, 01:13 PM
I use Spalding but in my oppinion Molten is the best ball .

Cali Syndicate
04-03-2012, 01:30 PM
I like Spalding's TF-1000. They have outdoor/composite versions available as well.

King1991nba
04-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Spalding and Wilson are the best ones, Molten is ****ing bullshit... :coleman:

Scholar
04-03-2012, 02:34 PM
I usually just stick with whatever cheap ball I can find at WalMart or the like if I know I'm playing outside. The ball will get old, bald and deflated (like your grandpa's nuts) sooner than an inside ball, so... :confusedshrug:

BarberSchool
04-03-2012, 02:38 PM
My favorites are the Wilson Jet series, or the Wilson NCAA game balls. Spalding NBA game balls, and some of the better Spalding composites are cool too, but as a shooter, I prefer the Wilson seams.

BarberSchool
04-03-2012, 02:39 PM
I usually just stick with whatever cheap ball I can find at WalMart or the like if I know I'm playing outside. The ball will get old, bald and deflated (like your grandpa's nuts) sooner than an inside ball, so... :confusedshrug:Some decent cheapies are the Spalding NBA Tack Soft (too sticky when new but good after use outside roughs it up), and of course, the Wilson NCAA composite for indoor/outdoor use. Those both can be had at Walmarts for under $30.

BarberSchool
04-03-2012, 02:40 PM
I use Spalding but in my oppinion Molten is the best ball .I always thought Molten's seams were too small/narrow, and that gave the impression of it being a women's ball upon first touch in the hand.

Lebron23
04-03-2012, 02:51 PM
FIBA Molten GE7. We will have a 20-25 yrs.old basketball league tournament in less than 2 weeks. It's the official ball of our basketball tournament.

http://www.ebuyphilippines.com/images/products/detail/basketballMolten_BGE7.jpg

DuMa
04-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Spalding Never Flat

inclinerator
04-03-2012, 11:38 PM
word! haha...

the worst of all is when a BUBBLE pops out of the ball... like a huge zipper... like the surface is not perfectly round, so when you dribble the ball bounces random directions... :D

I am playing up to 8 hours bball outside/inside mix almost every day... since forever... had to change millions of bballs....

I am using indoor/outdoor mixed composite NBA basketball outside or a true indoor NBA ball... but on selective outside bball courts, the outside court i usually go to has very clean surface

I think those indoor/outdoor mix composite balls are the best for outside... BDREASON gave a fine example!
assuming u dont sleep, ur still on here trolling for over 16hrs a day so i dont see how thats possible