PDA

View Full Version : What NBA teams could use Milos Teodosic?

Grinder
04-07-2012, 07:51 PM
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/15600000/Teodosic-milos-teodosic-15607060-400-300.jpg

Teodosic is one of the best players in Europe and a recent Euroleague MVP. He's a 6'5" point guard (can also play the 2) with great court vision, clutch, good shooting ability, and deadly in the pick and roll. His defense is pretty poor, he's known to be a bit of a headcase and he's below average athletically for the NBA. He's clearly better than a bunch of guys that play the point in the NBA right now (ex. Calderon) and is still fairly young. He said in an interview recently that its every player in Europe's dream to be in the NBA and he still thinks about playing there. He's currently the lead guard on the best team in Europe and teammates with AK47 and Nenad Krstic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWfdqqqVKP8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOvkNxHNMm4

Xiao Yao You
04-08-2012, 04:44 AM
Except for the headcase part he sounds like a good fit for Utah. Gotta be better than Harris anyway.

Artillery
04-08-2012, 05:00 AM
he's known to be a bit of a headcase and he's below average athletically for the NBA.

Sounds like Spanoulis v 2.0

tommy3
04-08-2012, 05:03 AM
He's a chucker.

Fiba basketball
04-08-2012, 05:08 AM
He isnt that bad on defense , he cant guard a pg but is solid at guarding sg .

Fiba basketball
04-08-2012, 05:26 AM
I dont know if you knew that Teodosic is a Lakers and a Kobe fan , so its obius ( how do you spell it ? ) were he wants to play .

Rowe
04-08-2012, 05:35 AM
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/15600000/Teodosic-milos-teodosic-15607060-400-300.jpg

Teodosic is one of the best players in Europe and a recent Euroleague MVP. He's a 6'5" point guard (can also play the 2) with great court vision, clutch, good shooting ability, and deadly in the pick and roll. His defense is pretty poor, he's known to be a bit of a headcase and he's below average athletically for the NBA. He's clearly better than a bunch of guys that play the point in the NBA right now (ex. Calderon) and is still fairly young. He said in an interview recently that its every player in Europe's dream to be in the NBA and he still thinks about playing there. He's currently the lead guard on the best team in Europe and teammates with AK47 and Nenad Krstic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWfdqqqVKP8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOvkNxHNMm4

Nets will need all the help they can get.

chains5000
04-08-2012, 05:37 AM
He'd get destroyed on D even more than Calderon IMO.

AMISTILLILL
04-08-2012, 05:39 AM
Get him in Sacramento. They could use a PG (I'm not sold on Thomas as a playmaker) and they haven't had a Euro to root for in awhile :D

Clutch
04-08-2012, 06:23 AM
He's clutch too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSmyHdubKiw

alenleomessi
04-08-2012, 06:34 AM
Bo>

Fiba basketball
04-08-2012, 07:26 AM
He's clutch too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSmyHdubKiw
It looks like this still hurts some people here ( chains , alenleomessi )

brantonli
04-08-2012, 07:33 AM
*waits for Euroleague to come in, to either praise the lord on Teodosic or bash him to death*

Clutch
04-08-2012, 07:34 AM
Maybe chains but I doubt about alenleomessi. He's from Macedonia,he could care less about Spain losing.

Fiba basketball
04-08-2012, 07:38 AM
Maybe chains but I doubt about alenleomessi. He's from Macedonia,he could care less about Spain losing.
I thought he is from Spain because he is Barcelona fan , my bad .

alenleomessi
04-08-2012, 07:40 AM
Nah i like teodosic but he would get lost in nba
No reason for him to leave though, cska are the best team alongside barca in europe

however Bo can be a great 6th man for any team in the league

Fiba basketball
04-08-2012, 08:03 AM
Nah i like teodosic but he would get lost in nba
No reason for him to leave though, cska are the best team alongside barca in europe

however Bo can be a great 6th man for any team in the league
I think Teodosic and Bo could be stars in NBA like they are in Europe if they wanted to . And Barcelona isnt that good this year , they arent even best Spainish team now .

chains5000
04-08-2012, 08:33 AM
:lol No... I consider him a great offensive player, just don't like him on D. Jackson and Ra

chains5000
04-08-2012, 08:34 AM
I think Teodosic and Bo could be stars in NBA like they are in Europe if they wanted to . And Barcelona isnt that good this year , they arent even best Spainish team now .
Barcelona still is the best team in the ACB league, Madrid's just a regular season team.

Fiba basketball
04-08-2012, 08:48 AM
[QUOTE=chains5000]:lol No... I consider him a great offensive player, just don't like him on D. Jackson and Ra

Euroleague
04-08-2012, 08:53 AM

He's a shooting guard that handles the ball. He's not a point guard. He's adequate on defense, if used at his actual proper position (something CSKA isn't doing).

Euroleague
04-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Bo>

McCalebb is really good, but he struggled a bit dealing with Vangelis Mantzaris. He's a great player, but he's also currently the most overrated player in Europe.
He's way better than someone like Ty Lawson though.

Fiba basketball
04-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Barcelona still is the best team in the ACB league, Madrid's just a regular season team.
Barcelona < Real , Real < Bilbao , Bilbao < Barcelona. This is how I see it , so Bilbao cant win the Endesa they will lose to Barcelona in finals or in semi finals .

Euroleague
04-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Sounds like Spanoulis v 2.0

How the hell is Spanoulis not athletic? Few NBA point guards can match Spanoulis in terms of athletic ability.

Besides, Teodosic and Spanoulis play nothing at all alike.

Fiba basketball
04-08-2012, 09:05 AM
How the hell is Spanoulis not athletic? Few NBA point guards can match Spanoulis in terms of athletic ability.

Besides, Teodosic and Spanoulis play nothing at all alike.
I think he was talking aboute headcase part . Still he is wrong , Teodosic and Jasikevicius must be most crazy players in Europe , not Spanoulis

chains5000
04-08-2012, 09:09 AM
McCalebb is really good, but he struggled a bit dealing with Vangelis Mantzaris. He's a great player, but he's also currently the most overrated player in Europe.
Llull is, at least here.

chains5000
04-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Barcelona < Real , Real < Bilbao , Bilbao < Barcelona. This is how I see it , so Bilbao cant win the Endesa they will lose to Barcelona in finals or in semi finals .
I agree with us being unable to beat Barcelona. As long as we don't face them, we could get to the Finals again.
But I totally disagree with Madrid being better than Barcelona. This season they've beaten them twice, right, but one without Navarro, and the other game they just were hitting everything. My money would be on Barcelona in a title series.

Euroleague
04-08-2012, 09:18 AM
I think he was talking aboute headcase part . Still he is wrong , Teodosic and Jasikevicius must be most crazy players in Europe , not Spanoulis

Well then that is really confusing. Because Spanoulis is known as like nicest and most coachable player in Europe along with Zisis. All the coaches and teammates rave about him.

Yeah, the crazy ones are guys like Teodosic, Jasikevicius, Vujacic (a real punk) Bourousis, Fotsis, Batiste (stomp), Diamantidis, Llull...........

and then of course guys like Milic, Kasun - well, and so forth.

And then there is Navarro, which is yet another story.

Euroleague
04-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Llull is, at least here.

No. Llull is the most overrated European player in the United States. Because everyone in the US thinks he is wonderful, due to Daryl Morey fake hype nonsense.

In Europe, he's just thought of as another player really.

Euroleague
04-08-2012, 09:22 AM
I agree with us being unable to beat Barcelona. As long as we don't face them, we could get to the Finals again.
But I totally disagree with Madrid being better than Barcelona. This season they've beaten them twice, right, but one without Navarro, and the other game they just were hitting everything. My money would be on Barcelona in a title series.

That Cup final was a fluke game. Llull got hot in the first half and then Carroll went absolute nuts in the second half. He had something like 22 points in 15 minutes or something crazy like that.

Even crazier though was that they didn't even give Carroll the MVP.......wait, now that I think about it, Llull got the MVP instead and he got in second all Euroleague team last year..........

You are right, Llull is the most overrated player in Europe.

jamal99
04-08-2012, 09:33 AM
He's a shooting guard that handles the ball. He's not a point guard. He's adequate on defense, if used at his actual proper position (something CSKA isn't doing).
He played PG for like every team he was on. He can play SG tho, but rarely does. Why would you want to waste such great court vision and passing?

alenleomessi
04-08-2012, 09:33 AM
How is he rated at all? People barely even know him...
now hopefully we make the olympics and face the americans, world will get to know him, might even get some nba offers, he is still young and better than most of nba combo-guards

Fiba basketball
04-08-2012, 09:48 AM
now hopefully we make the olympics and face the americans, world will get to know him, might even get some nba offers, he is still young and better than most of nba combo-guards
I think that he said he doesnt want to go to NBA . They didnt want him before and now he doesnt want to leave place where he got a chance . Everyone who folows European basketball knows who he is . People that dont know him are in big loss because he is great .

Fiba basketball
04-08-2012, 09:50 AM
And then there is Navarro, which is yet another story.
What aboute him ?

Fiba basketball
04-08-2012, 09:56 AM
No. Llull is the most overrated European player in the United States. Because everyone in the US thinks he is wonderful, due to Daryl Morey fake hype nonsense.

In Europe, he's just thought of as another player really.
I think you and chains are wrong , most overrated European player is Vesely . He can only dunk , rebound , hustle and is very nice guy but I heard people call him best sf in Europe.

Euroleague
04-08-2012, 10:05 AM
He played PG for like every team he was on. He can play SG tho, but rarely does. Why would you want to waste such great court vision and passing?

He's not a PG at all. He's a primary ball handler and pick and roll shooting guard.

He can't play defense at PG if his life depended on it.

He's no more of a PG than Manu is.

The guy with the ball does not have to be the point guard. There are all kinds of players that run the offense and don't play point guard. And Teodosic never played point guard in Olympiacos. He was always the two guard there. Yes, he ran the offense, but as a two guard, well except last year. Last year Spanoulis ran the offense.

The point is that he plays as a two guard that is running pick and roll and getting into the sets and guards the two. That is same as Manu does. Manu isn't a point guard. That is same as LeBron does (while guarding the 3) - LeBron isn't a point guard, etc.

In Euroleague for example, Diamantidis is a small forward that runs the offense. He's a small forward, not a point guard. You can run the offense from any position.

Euroleague
04-08-2012, 10:07 AM
I think you and chains are wrong , most overrated European player is Vesely . He can only dunk , rebound , hustle and is very nice guy but I heard people call him best sf in Europe.

We are talking about the guys in Europe, as in Euroleague players (including non-Europeans). Not European players in the NBA.

If we are going to add European players that are in the NBA - then Rubio automatically goes to the top of the most overrated list.

As far as Vesely being the best SF in Europe..............anyone that said that was nuts. Better than Diamantidis, San Emeterio, Mickeal, Eidson, Hairston, and players like that? That is some funny stuff. Surely you joke when you say that some people told you that?

Euroleague
04-08-2012, 10:11 AM

Americans barely know him. He's known in Europe. Believe it or not, America is not the whole planet Earth. He's very well known in Europe.

You don't have to be known in USA to be known.

Euroleague
04-08-2012, 10:12 AM
What aboute him ?

The greatest flopper in world basketball history.

GilZero
04-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Milos would be great for any team with a good defender at the 2 spot.

Euroleague
04-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Milos would be great for any team with a good defender at the 2 spot.

I think you mean a good defender at the 1 spot.

Fiba basketball
04-08-2012, 10:45 AM
We are talking about the guys in Europe, as in Euroleague players (including non-Europeans). Not European players in the NBA.

If we are going to add European players that are in the NBA - then Rubio automatically goes to the top of the most overrated list.

As far as Vesely being the best SF in Europe..............anyone that said that was nuts. Better than Diamantidis, San Emeterio, Mickeal, Eidson, Hairston, and players like that? That is some funny stuff. Surely you joke when you say that some people told you that?
No I m not joking . I heard people call him one of the best and the best SF in Europe .

chains5000
04-08-2012, 12:55 PM
That Cup final was a fluke game. Llull got hot in the first half and then Carroll went absolute nuts in the second half. He had something like 22 points in 15 minutes or something crazy like that.

Even crazier though was that they didn't even give Carroll the MVP.......wait, now that I think about it, Llull got the MVP instead and he got in second all Euroleague team last year..........

You are right, Llull is the most overrated player in Europe.
Agreed

Grinder
04-08-2012, 01:00 PM
He isnt that bad on defense , he cant guard a pg but is solid at guarding sg .

Didn't know he's a Lakers fan. I don't think he can defend 2 guards well in the NBA but if he plays on a good defensive team that can mask his liabilities and it won't be as big of an issue.

Get him in Sacramento. They could use a PG (I'm not sold on Thomas as a playmaker) and they haven't had a Euro to root for in awhile :D

He'd definitely fit well there. He could get Cousins easy looks and play off the ball and space the floor when Evans is handling it. Isaiah Thomas is best suited as a guard off the bench IMO.

Euroleague
04-08-2012, 08:11 PM
The biggest problem I see for Teodosic is that he is a cigarette smoker, and I don't see NBA teams in this day tolerating that.

ralph_i_el
04-08-2012, 08:20 PM

he can't guard better than someone with chronic knee injuries?

Euroleague
04-08-2012, 09:13 PM
he can't guard better than someone with chronic knee injuries?

If he was used as a PG defensively (which he isn't) then yes. If he was used a SG on defense that handles the ball (which he is), then he would just be a bit below average on defense.

He would be adequate for the most part on defense, if he played at his normal position defensively.

Fiba basketball
04-09-2012, 04:47 AM
The biggest problem I see for Teodosic is that he is a cigarette smoker, and I don't see NBA teams in this day tolerating that.
How do you know that he smokes ?

AMISTILLILL
04-09-2012, 04:55 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/358e3oy.jpg

Euroleague
04-09-2012, 03:12 PM
How do you know that he smokes ?

Because he has said so in an interview. Spanoulis also said something in an interview about wanting him to stop smoking last year since they were roommates.

But Teodosic said he couldn't stop.

I can see this being a problem in the NBA. While it is discouraged of course in European clubs, the difference is that if players want to smoke and can still do their training then they are allowed to.

Lots of players in Europe smoke, and even in the locker rooms and showers they smoke. The NBA is strict on that.

For example, Vlade Divac smoked and that is about the last NBA player I remember where they just seemed to tolerate it.

On the other hand, a similar recent example is Navarro. Navarro smokes and it was apparently a big issue in Memphis. They kept telling him to stop and apparently he wouldn't.

From what I have heard his being a smoker was one of the reasons why he had a hard time getting the contract he wanted in the NBA. In Barca, they don't care that he smokes, same with Spain's national team.

As long as he can perform and train it's allowed. The difference even with Teodosic though is that when he was on Olympiacos there were supposedly complaints from the training staff of Giannakis that he couldn't do all the training drills satisfactorily because of his smoking.

Navarro has never seemed to be effected by it, since he runs so much and is such a highly trained athlete (although it will shorten his career).

So I can see where NBA teams would demand he stopped smoking. Olympiacos asked him to and he wouldn't.

As far as I know, Panathinaikos demanded finally that Pekovic stop smoking and he eventually did. It's probably not a coincidence that he gained about 40 pounds that last year in Greece.

That's another thing. Teodosic could gain a lot of weight if he stopped smoking, which probably would also not suit his game well.

Fiba basketball
04-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Because he has said so in an interview. Spanoulis also said something in an interview about wanting him to stop smoking last year since they were roommates.

But Teodosic said he couldn't stop.

I can see this being a problem in the NBA. While it is discouraged of course in European clubs, the difference is that if players want to smoke and can still do their training then they are allowed to.

Lots of players in Europe smoke, and even in the locker rooms and showers they smoke. The NBA is strict on that.

For example, Vlade Divac smoked and that is about the last NBA player I remember where they just seemed to tolerate it.

On the other hand, a similar recent example is Navarro. Navarro smokes and it was apparently a big issue in Memphis. They kept telling him to stop and apparently he wouldn't.

From what I have heard his being a smoker was one of the reasons why he had a hard time getting the contract he wanted in the NBA. In Barca, they don't care that he smokes, same with Spain's national team.

As long as he can perform and train it's allowed. The difference even with Teodosic though is that when he was on Olympiacos there were supposedly complaints from the training staff of Giannakis that he couldn't do all the training drills satisfactorily because of his smoking.

Navarro has never seemed to be effected by it, since he runs so much and is such a highly trained athlete (although it will shorten his career).

So I can see where NBA teams would demand he stopped smoking. Olympaicos asked him to and he wouldn't.

As far as I know, Panathinaikos demanded finally that Pekovic stop smoking and he eventually did. It's probably not a coincidence that he gained about 40 pounds that last year in Greece.

That's another thing. Teodosic could gain a lot of weight if he stopped smoking, which probably would also not suit his game well.
Thats very stupid for a proffesional player . Everyone is calling him very talented player that yet needs to reach full potential and he doesnt want to stop smoking even though he can became even better.

Euroleague
04-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Thats very stupid for a proffesional player . Everyone is calling him very talented player that yet needs to reach full potential and he doesnt want to stop smoking even though he can became even better.

I agree. It's really stupid, but it's quite common still with players in Europe. I remember Brad Newley gave an interview once where they asked him what was the main difference from playing in Australia versus Greece and he said besides the level being higher in Greece, it was the players smoking.

He said the players in Australia don't smoke and he couldn't believe all the guys that smoked in Greece. He was saying how like half his teammates smoked. And you hear about it all the time too. It seems like Pekovic was the only one smoking on PAO if I remember, but they finally got him to stop.

It's stupid, teams should make the players stop. But then again they should also not allow smoking in the arenas and they do. The arenas are filled with smoke the same way.

In some ways the clubs in Europe still act unprofessional on issues like that.

I don't know if the smoking is what is holding Teodosic back from his full training, and getting in complete athletic shape as he should be, but it seemed to be the claim from Giannakis' coaching staff. As you said, just stupid, because everyone just says about him that if he would just get in better shape he could use his talent fully.

But maybe he can't due to the smoking.