PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Nike Hoop Summit game discussion thread

IGOTGAME
04-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Team USA features at least two future NBA Draft lottery picks: Guard Shabazz Muhammad and center Nerlens Noel. Wing Kyle Anderson's smooth, crafty game and guard Archie Goodwin's scoring prowess are worth keeping an eye on. The World Team is led by versatile Croatian forward Dario Saric, a Hoop Summit veteran, and a pair of talented Canadians: Anthony Bennett, a rugged forward, and wing Andrew Wiggins, a 17-year-old sensation.

A lot of talent on the floor tonight!

el gringos
04-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Single favorite game of the year (seen 5 or 6 of them in person and maybe all the rest on tv) pissed I'm on the road w no dvr set so now I better stop for the night

Motiejunas, dirk, averybradley and john wall stick out in memory. Just from seeing the mcdonalds game I'm not sure this is a great team usa year but can't wait to see

Is noel playing? Has shabazz made up his mind yet (I really hope he goes to ucla but expecting him to go to kentucky)

IGOTGAME
04-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Single favorite game of the year (seen 5 or 6 of them in person and maybe all the rest on tv) pissed I'm on the road w no dvr set so now I better stop for the night

Motiejunas, dirk, averybradley and john wall stick out in memory. Just from seeing the mcdonalds game I'm not sure this is a great team usa year but can't wait to see

Is noel playing? Has shabazz made up his mind yet (I really hope he goes to ucla but expecting him to go to kentucky)

Noel is playing. Also watch out for Andrew Wiggins on the world team.

Joshumitsu
04-07-2012, 09:58 PM

Yeah, Noel is playing.

From what I hear, Shabazz is leaning towards UCLA which would be awesome to watch.

Would love to watch Anderson+Shabazz play together.

smush=mvp!
04-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Good complementary read before the game

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AlzWsHA1XbjrHdPM03LapnK8vLYF?slug=mc-spears_shabazz_muhammad_duke_kentucky_ucla_040712

Grinder
04-07-2012, 10:33 PM
For anyone who has Dish HD, it's on channel 440.

Andrew Wiggins is really, really impressive. Canada's got their next superstar.

Joshumitsu
04-07-2012, 10:35 PM
Live feed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmmK7FU43U8&context=C42f1c33ADvjVQa1PpcFPpYWzxV-AelEmH_bHdBGu8Cz4RPYQbJoQ=

teddytwelvetoes
04-07-2012, 10:41 PM
Another feed: http://www.youtube.com/user/therealusabasketball

Dw1ll
04-07-2012, 10:41 PM
UCLA = Anderson + Shabazz + Parker = :bowdown:

EnoughSaid
04-07-2012, 10:42 PM
Is Shabazz playing? What about Nerlens Noel?

teddytwelvetoes
04-07-2012, 10:43 PM
Is Shabazz playing? What about Nerlens Noel?Both are.

Dw1ll
04-07-2012, 10:48 PM
what kind of gay name is Nerlens

BlueCrayon
04-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Number 15 on the world team is going to get the obvious Yao Ming comparison by the commentators at least one point during the game.

Dw1ll
04-07-2012, 10:54 PM
The World Team is going IN! USA is terrible.

Dw1ll
04-07-2012, 10:58 PM
lmfao at this Shabazz guy. Dude is getting star treatment ive never seen before.

Joshumitsu
04-07-2012, 10:59 PM
Team USA is playing too much hero ball.

It's really limiting Kyle Anderson's and Noel's games. Just let Shabazz be your main scorer and let Anderson and Noel do their thing. Everyone else should try to play as role players and not stars.

EnoughSaid
04-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Some of these World guys are very impressive. Wang, Wiggins and Bennett are nice. :applause:

Dw1ll
04-07-2012, 11:04 PM
Whoopin

Stern
04-07-2012, 11:07 PM
Shahbaz Muhammed is the only guy on USA that looks like a good player the rest are bunch of scrubs. :lol

Grinder
04-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Most impressive for me today:
Shabazz
Andrew Wiggins
Anthony Bennett
Wang Zhelin
Archie Goodwin

I've seen most of these guys play before and thought Kyle Anderson would do much better against the zone.

Dw1ll
04-07-2012, 11:15 PM
why is nerlens noel the #1 player? Looks severely underwhelming and literally has zero offense.

Dw1ll
04-07-2012, 11:25 PM
shabazz is such a puss. He's gonna fit right in with the NBA stars.

IGOTGAME
04-07-2012, 11:31 PM
why is nerlens noel the #1 player? Looks severely underwhelming and literally has zero offense.

seems like he has bad hands. Really like Wiggins and Saric though.

wings from team usa are very selfish.

LBJMVP
04-07-2012, 11:43 PM
i have direct tv... watch channel, if any, would this be on?

EnoughSaid
04-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Shabazz has almost half the team's points at the end of the third quarter. :lol

EnoughSaid
04-07-2012, 11:44 PM

Fox Sports most likely. :confusedshrug:

Joshumitsu
04-07-2012, 11:46 PM

It's on FSN.

But here's a live feed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmmK7FU43U8&context=C42f1c33ADvjVQa1PpcFPpYWzxV-AelEmH_bHdBGu8Cz4RPYQbJoQ=

Joshumitsu
04-07-2012, 11:48 PM
I wonder if Shabazz and Wiggins are going to be like McGrady+Kobe/Drexler+Jordan?

Also, Anderson doesn't fit with this team of gunners. Too much talent. He needs a team that cuts/moves off the ball.

Grinder
04-07-2012, 11:52 PM
Cvetkovic and Cizauskas are having a ton of trouble with the press; surprising considering their experience level.

Dario Saric has a lot of Chandler Parsons in his game. Wiggins is by far the best prospect on the world team.

I like Mitch McGary's activity level around the basket. I've always said Kyle Anderson reminds of a Shaun Livingston/Andre Miller hybrid. Livingston's size and Miller's pace of play.

Twiens
04-07-2012, 11:53 PM
World team choking, get it to Wiggins!

IGOTGAME
04-08-2012, 12:03 AM
Noel can't catch. Don't get the hype.

Stern
04-08-2012, 12:09 AM
How is Shahbaz doing in the second half?

BlueCrayon
04-08-2012, 12:12 AM
That Shot!!!

LBJMVP
04-08-2012, 12:13 AM
wow... andrew bennett from the world team just made the dagger. what a shot!

how the USA missed the rebound on the free throw is beyond me :facepalm

el gringos
04-08-2012, 12:14 AM
Yeah, Noel is playing.

From what I hear, Shabazz is leaning towards UCLA which would be awesome to watch.

Would love to watch Anderson+Shabazz play together.
The crazy part is one of them wouldn't even start- Norman Powell is the next UCLA lottery pick pg, Lamb is so much closer to the other two Lambs than ish thinks and having 2 wear brothers in addition to Josh Smith and Stover- with or prob even without shabazz we are talking about the most talented ncaa team next year. 8 nba players on 1 team? Back to how it should be

This year was an all time un explainable fluke, next year UCLa is back

dbk123
04-08-2012, 12:20 AM
The crazy part is one of them wouldn't even start- Norman Powell is the next UCLA lottery pick pg, Lamb is so much closer to the other two Lambs than ish thinks and having 2 wear brothers in addition to Josh Smith and Stover- with or prob even without shabazz we are talking about the most talented ncaa team next year. 8 nba players on 1 team? Back to how it should be

lol norman powell wont be a lottery pick. the wear brothers will probably second rounders or maybe even undrafted. theres no way that shabazz and kyle wouldn't start from day one

LBJMVP
04-08-2012, 12:24 AM

if shabazz goes there then they will be amazing. he is a flat out stud and todays game showed it.

whoever gets the number one pick next year will have him and they will enjoy a great ride.

smush=mvp!
04-08-2012, 12:45 AM
Wang was solid

alenleomessi
04-08-2012, 03:38 AM
Is Wiggins going to college next year or he has another year in high school?

Rowe
04-08-2012, 03:47 AM
Is Wiggins going to college next year or he has another year in high school?
He's currently in the Class of 2014 but he is almost guaranteed to re-classify to 2013 and challenge Jabari Parker for the #1 spot.

He also wants to get into the Class of 2013 so he can team up with his older brother, who is a Juco transfer in 2012. His brother is being recruited by Oregon, Villanova, Wichita St., Pittsburgh, Oregon State and Baylor. They'll be able to team up for 1 season in 2013-2014 as he'll be a Senior and Andrew will be a Freshman.

Rowe
04-08-2012, 03:49 AM

:lol

Extreme over-exaggeration.

We'll find out where Bazz goes soon.

Rowe
04-08-2012, 03:53 AM
Noel can't catch. Don't get the hype.

He's a dominant shot blocker who changes the game on par with Anthony Davis and other great C's in the past. He didn't have a good week based upon reports as he had just flew in there and he was tired and dealing with some minor injuries. He's going to be absolutely scary in college. Whichever team he goes to(Kentucky, Syracuse, or G'Town) will be a Final Four team.

The "hype" as far as the NBA is concerned comes from his upside when he puts more weight on his frame and develops a more refined low post game.

He's the type of kid who should go to a program like Georgetown and stay 3-4 years and turn into a dominant C who can make an immediate impact in the NBA when ready. But, unfortunately those days are long gone.

Punpun
04-08-2012, 04:46 AM
Staying to college to somehow "refine your game" is such a joke. If you want to truly progress, you go to the NBA where the best of the best are. As simple as that.

I'm appaled to this "the more you stay in college, the better you will be". Yeah right, guarding and scoring on college players as opposed to NBA calibre players.

RazorBaLade
04-08-2012, 05:16 AM
Staying to college to somehow "refine your game" is such a joke. If you want to truly progress, you go to the NBA where the best of the best are. As simple as that.

I'm appaled to this "the more you stay in college, the better you will be". Yeah right, guarding and scoring on college players as opposed to NBA calibre players.

the difference is u get to stay in college if u get pooped on where as if u get sent to the doghouse ull never come out in NBA.

Punpun
04-08-2012, 05:22 AM
the difference is u get to stay in college if u get pooped on where as if u get sent to the doghouse ull never come out in NBA.

Then it was just not meant to be.

Rowe
04-08-2012, 05:33 AM

Different cases for different players.

Not all players need the same development in the college ranks.

Nerlens Noel, like Thabeet(sorry for the negative comparison), needs to spend several years in college to develop a better offensive skill set to go along with his shot blocking/post presence. As a 1 dimensional big man he needs to refine his offensive game for the NBA or else he wont reach his full potential. If Nerlens is a 1 & Done, he'll be coming into the league where he can contribute with blocking shots but doesn't have anything to give on offense nor a body ready for the NBA grind.

BlackWhiteGreen
04-08-2012, 07:54 AM
entire game is available on youtube here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmmK7FU43U8&feature=youtu.be).

Punpun
04-08-2012, 08:06 AM
I don't see it. Nerlens, from what I've seen, has a better Ogame than Davis. Better fundations at least. If Davis can go in the league this year, so will Nerlens.

IGOTGAME
04-08-2012, 09:33 AM
I don't see it. Nerlens, from what I've seen, has a better Ogame than Davis. Better fundations at least. If Davis can go in the league this year, so will Nerlens.
Guy can't even catch the ball.

insidehoops
04-08-2012, 10:24 AM
RECAP

Despite a record-setting 35 points from the USA

Faptastrophe
04-08-2012, 11:03 AM
I'm still learning how to put up a good highlight video.. in the meantime.. GIF's: :D

http://i.minus.com/ip8cFH5fGLvD5.gif

https://s1-05.twitpicproxy.com/photos/full/556478008.gif

Punpun
04-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Guy can't even catch the ball.

Hilarious as ****. The boy was hurt as ****. There was a reason as to why he didn't even start. He still went 2-2, grabbed 4 rebound, 3 ast, 4 STL and 4 Blck.

It's impressive as ****.

GOBB
04-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Noel copying off B.Jennings! Get out of here with the box.

Thanks for posting link to game. Gonna watch.

IGOTGAME
04-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Hilarious as ****. The boy was hurt as ****. There was a reason as to why he didn't even start.
I'm only judging based on the limited amount I saw. Not impressed, there are a lot better prospects in the class below. If he didn't reclassify he would be in the shadow of Parker, a much better prospect. Maybe even Wiggins if he reclassified.

Punpun
04-08-2012, 11:30 AM
I'm only judging based on the limited amount I saw. Not impressed, there are a lot better prospects in the class below. If he didn't reclassify he would be in the shadow of Parker, a much better prospect. Maybe even Wiggins if he reclassified.

Don't speak if you know nothing about him. There is a reason why he is the #1 HS player in America. Even with his limited playing time and injury, he still was flawless in his FG attempt, grabbed 4 rbound, 4 STL, 4 BLK. And 3 ast. Think again.

There is no one in this class better than him. Nor in the class below.

IGOTGAME
04-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Don't speak if you know nothing about him. There is a reason why he is the #1 HS player in America. Even with his limited playing time and injury, he still was flawless in his FG attempt, grabbed 4 rbound, 4 STL, 4 BLK. And 3 ast. Think again.

There is no one in this class better than him. Nor in the class below.
Actually I have read and watched as much footage as I could about him. Even made a thread about him a year ago. Guy doesn't seem to be some can't miss prospect, Definately not like Russell. Guy lacks defensive bball iq and has bad hands. He should be an nba player but im not seeing 8 time all star type of guy.

Jabari Parker is better than him. Shabazz, who I'm not as high on as most, is better than him. Wiggins is a much more interesting project.

IamSofaKing
04-08-2012, 11:53 AM
He's currently in the Class of 2014 but he is almost guaranteed to re-classify to 2013 and challenge Jabari Parker for the #1 spot.

He also wants to get into the Class of 2013 so he can team up with his older brother, who is a Juco transfer in 2012. His brother is being recruited by Oregon, Villanova, Wichita St., Pittsburgh, Oregon State and Baylor. They'll be able to team up for 1 season in 2013-2014 as he'll be a Senior and Andrew will be a Freshman.

Isnt Jabari Parker on the 2014 class?

Punpun
04-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Guy doesn't seem to be some can't miss prospect,

Wow, can you spread more lies ? He is seen as at least a prospect a sbig as Davis. My god it's pretty hilarious now.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Rowe
04-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Isnt Jabari Parker on the 2014 class?

Jabari's in the 2013 class.

Rowe
04-08-2012, 08:05 PM

Nerlens Noel has a better foundation for an offensive game because he actually plays in the post. The problem is he can't do much else but catch and dunk, but he still needs to work on doing more down low. He needs a lot of work to be a C, well a dominant one on the next level. He is a "Cant Miss" prospect.

The difference with Anthony Davis is that hes a 4 and although he doesn't have much of a post game, but has perimeter skills. Davis will come into the NBA as a Face up 4 man due to his lack of weight and he'll struggle like most players like him(KG, Bosh, etc) as he develops to become a "scorer".

There is far more importance and emphasis on Nerlens Noel to develop a post game because he wont be playing outside of the paint like Davis will be.

Lebron23
04-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Noel was measured at 6'11.25" in shoes ( 6'10" without shoes) with a 7'4" wingspan.

According to the Hoya's forum he weighed at 217 lbs. This kid needs hit the weight room if he's playing the number 5 position in the NBA.

Rowe
04-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Noel was measured at 6'11.25" in shoes ( 6'10" without shoes) with a 7'4" wingspan.

According to the Hoya's forum he weighed at 217 lbs. This kid needs hit the weight room if he's playing the number 5 position in the NBA.
He's been the same weight for nearly 3 years now.:lol

Im waiting to find out that his prep school doesn't have a weight room and is starving him.

Lebron23
04-08-2012, 08:29 PM
He's been the same weight for nearly 3 years now.:lol

Im waiting to find out that his prep school doesn't have a weight room and is starving him.

:lol :lol :lol

IGOTGAME
04-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Wow, can you spread more lies ? He is seen as at least a prospect a sbig as Davis. My god it's pretty hilarious now.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

alright guy, how about forming your own opinions.

Punpun
04-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Forming your opinion is a pretty stupid thing to do when it led to the stupidity you spout. Plus Having diff opinion =/= having your own valid opinion.

:roll:

IGOTGAME
04-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Forming your opinion is a pretty stupid thing to do when it led to the stupidity you spout. Plus Having diff opinion =/= having your own valid opinion.

:roll:

ok. Keep spewing out force feed garbarge you hear from so called experts. I don't think this guy is can't miss. But hey, I bet you thought Marvin Williams, Kwame Brown and Eddy Curry were can't miss.

Punpun
04-08-2012, 09:23 PM
You're the kind of guy who would have spit on Kobe's face 16 years ago. Alas you didn't. Because you're a bandwagoner.

IGOTGAME
04-08-2012, 09:38 PM
You're the kind of guy who would have spit on Kobe's face 16 years ago. Alas you didn't. Because you're a bandwagoner.

that doesn't even make sense.

Punpun
04-08-2012, 09:41 PM
I repeat. You're the kind of guy who would have spat on Kobe 16 years ago. YOu didn't tho as you began following the Lakers during their championship run. Like the bandwagoner you are.

IGOTGAME
04-08-2012, 09:47 PM
I repeat. You're the kind of guy who would have spat on Kobe 16 years ago. YOu didn't tho as you began following the Lakers during their championship run. Like the bandwagoner you are.
when did I begin following the Lakers? I been a laker since before this board or the ez board existed. If your referring to my join date, I was on the previous board since 03 or 04.

I don't see your reasoning...are you comparing Noel to Kobe. Are you insinuating that I don't follow high school talent....you not being very clear

Punpun
04-08-2012, 09:49 PM
I made myself pretty clear.

IGOTGAME
04-08-2012, 09:50 PM
I made myself pretty clear.
then your off base. I'm done here. Have fun puppet.