PDA

View Full Version : Report: Mark Cuban, Lamar Odom had 'halftime exchange' before deactivation

Flagrant 2
04-10-2012, 04:12 PM
At halftime of his final game with the Dallas Mavericks Saturday night, Lamar Odom had an angry exchange with Mavericks owner Mark Cuban in the visitors' locker room in Memphis, according to sources familiar with the discussion. Sources told ESPNDallas.com that the heated words were "the culmination" of an exasperating weekend that convinced team officials to initiate discussions on Easter Sunday that led to the parties agreeing to part ways for the rest of the season.

According to sources, the crux of the heated halftime confrontation was Cuban asking Odom if he was "in or out." Sources said Odom, who had played only four minutes in the first half, reacted angrily to the question and did not take his seat on the bench until after the third quarter began.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/18449666/report-mark-cuban-lamar-odom-had-halftime-exchange-before-deactivation

mattvNJ
04-10-2012, 04:14 PM
i love how cuban is as an owner... players tend to love playing for him. But you better come to play, and clearly Kloe wasn't letting lamar play this season. ****ing puss, tarnishing his name. Sixth man to a zero

Lebron23
04-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Odom is very unprofessional.

R.I.P.
04-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Well I guess Odom has a point. :oldlol:

Obviously Odom has to take the majority of the blame, but Cuban seems just frustrated with the overall situation and unloads everything on Odom. Odom wasn

stephanieg
04-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Cuban is mad because he thought he pulled a cunning move when in reality he received an LA double agent.

Bandito
04-10-2012, 04:21 PM
I hope the Lakers don't sign this primadonna back.

Droid101
04-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Odom?

Cuban is unprofessional.

I don't want the owner of my company trolling around my locker room. The the **** out and let us do our jobs.

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-10-2012, 04:23 PM
guarantee cuban is gonna unload on odom if he goes back to la

Reverend Hoops
04-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Odom?

Cuban is unprofessional.

I don't want the owner of my company trolling around my locker room. The the **** out and let us do our jobs.

And the fact that he was basically blaming it all on Lamar was pretty ridiculous. The Mavs just aren't a contender this year.

bmulls
04-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Odom?

Cuban is unprofessional.

If you aren't doing your job, your boss (the guy who is paying you 8 million dollars) has every right to call you out.

Suckafree
04-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Odom?

Cuban is unprofessional.

But what happens when employees aren't doing their job? Personally, I love Mark Cuban as a GM

mark

it is highly suspicious isnt it? When the Lakers let him go for practically nothing? He was tremendously out of shape in LA, that is why they were glad to let him go.

NoGunzJustSkillz
And the fact that he was basically blaming it all on Lamar was pretty ridiculous. The Mavs just aren't a contender this year.
mavs top star relaxed all off-season, blame it on him for the slow start and essentially possibly miss the play-offs..

bmulls
04-10-2012, 04:27 PM
mavs top star relaxed all off-season, blame it on him for the slow start and essentially possibly miss the play-offs..

There is plenty of blame to go around, but let's not act like Lamar Odom wasn't a complete and total bust.

Reverend Hoops
04-10-2012, 04:28 PM

Lakers and Odom are a perfect marriage. Like Rodman and the Bulls were.

GoRapz
04-10-2012, 04:28 PM
So the reports of Dirk dropping Lamar is false?? :roll:

http://ballislife.com/rumor-dirk-odom-has-a-physical-altercation-days-before-odom-was-shut-down-by-mavs/

[QUOTE]After the Mavericks lost to the Memphis Grizzlies Dallas superstar DIRK NOWITZKI and LAMAR ODOM got into a physical altercation.

Word in the locker room is that Dirk was unhappy with Lamar

Godzuki
04-10-2012, 04:30 PM
even tho i like Cuban, how can you say that to a player that only played 4 minutes? :oldlol: what does that even mean when you're directing it at a player thats barely played at all? or did he look real bad and not try in those 4 minutes?

i'm guessing its frustrating boiling over like a poster above said and Cuban is probably real hard to be around when they're losing or after losses.

Odom's still a bitch tho. i just don't get why Cuban decided to keep paying him and not trying to buy him out with a low ball offer. he's going to pay him basically 9 mill this year to just sit at home where Odoms basically getting what he wants. what are you thinking Cuban? :wtf:

Godzuki
04-10-2012, 04:32 PM

http://ballislife.com/rumor-dirk-odom-has-a-physical-altercation-days-before-odom-was-shut-down-by-mavs/

lool i hope not :lol

Rendezvous32
04-10-2012, 04:32 PM

Dirk went old school Nazi on Odom

GOBB
04-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Why does Odom get paid for not producing? Not wanting to be apart of the Mavs? Simply amazing and as an owner I'd be highly pissed off you traded for a guy who this time last season was giving LA as a 6th man 14ppg 8rpb 3apg efficiently. The fact Kobe spoke out against the trade dispite fans/analysts mind boggled over the move says enough. Its because they knew Dallas got a quality bench guy. Yet Odom left his game behind. He's been terrible this season. He hasnt snapped out of his crap stage since the day he was traded. A complete waste of time as you are nearing the playoffs. Cuban is upset because he thought Odom would help the team out. He's done nothing but stole money.

PHaYze
04-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Odom didn't choose to play in Dallas, so why would he give a damn? He signed up to play for the premiere franchise in the NBA not some joke franchise with the laughing stock of the NBA as it's owner.

NewYorkNoPicks
04-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Odom?

Cuban is unprofessional.

Hes your boss, you work for him. He pays you to do your job

BarberSchool
04-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Lakers and Odom are a perfect marriage. Like Rodman and the Bulls were.I'd like to believe Lamar Odom doesn't require a cerebral genius sensei coddling him to get motivated enough to play basketball for 8 million dollars per season. I really would.

BarberSchool
04-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Why does Odom get paid for not producing? Not wanting to be apart of the Mavs? Simply amazing and as an owner I'd be highly pissed off you traded for a guy who this time last season was giving LA as a 6th man 14ppg 8rpb 3apg efficiently. The fact Kobe spoke out against the trade dispite fans/analysts mind boggled over the move says enough. Its because they knew Dallas got a quality bench guy. Yet Odom left his game behind. He's been terrible this season. He hasnt snapped out of his crap stage since the day he was traded. A complete waste of time as you are nearing the playoffs. Cuban is upset because he thought Odom would help the team out. He's done nothing but stole money.Precisely.

mattvNJ
04-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Why does Odom get paid for not producing? Not wanting to be apart of the Mavs? Simply amazing and as an owner I'd be highly pissed off you traded for a guy who this time last season was giving LA as a 6th man 14ppg 8rpb 3apg efficiently. The fact Kobe spoke out against the trade dispite fans/analysts mind boggled over the move says enough. Its because they knew Dallas got a quality bench guy. Yet Odom left his game behind. He's been terrible this season. He hasnt snapped out of his crap stage since the day he was traded. A complete waste of time as you are nearing the playoffs. Cuban is upset because he thought Odom would help the team out. He's done nothing but stole money.

boom, right on the money.

pegasus
04-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Odom didn't choose to play in Dallas, so why would he give a damn? He signed up to play for the premiere franchise in the NBA not some joke franchise with the laughing stock of the NBA as it's owner.

He chose to play for any team in the league when he signed a contract with the Lakers, because he could have been traded any year and any day before the trade deadline. It is part of the business, and most players understand that. Some of them sulk, but I think what Odom has done was unprecedented.

bagelred
04-10-2012, 04:54 PM

:biggums:

Do you live in some alternate universe?

Mr Know It All
04-10-2012, 05:00 PM

See, he DID choose to play in Dallas. After the trade was rescinded in LA for Chris Paul Lamar Odom was butt hurt beyond belief and asked for a trade, and his agent requested one to Dallas.

The question for Odom is what is worse, getting scorned by your owner and beat up by a 7 foot tall German? Or having to pound Khloe's fat vag on a regular basis, and hear her miserable voice.

In other words, he should have played harder.

caliman
04-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Odom?

Cuban is unprofessional.

Well isn't that the point? Odom wasnt' doing his job.

chips93
04-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Hes your boss, you work for him. He pays you to do your job

that may be true, but it doesnt make it an less unprofessional

nathanjizzle
04-10-2012, 05:18 PM
lamar odom is the biggest fucin cry baby.

Big#50
04-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Odom?

Cuban is unprofessional.

Every owner of every team is in the locker rooms. You're kidding?? Odumb did all this for publicity. His fat wife is behind it all. Good thing it wasn't made a big deal nationally. **** both of them. Basketball is a business. Dude is acting like he is a superstar. He is nothing more than a good player. Wish Cuban could sue his pathetic ass. Lamar has always been one of the dumbest mother****ers in the league.

2LeTTeRS
04-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Every owner of every team is in the locker rooms. You're kidding?? Odumb did all this for publicity. His fat wife is behind it all. Good thing it wasn't made a big deal nationally. **** both of them. Basketball is a business. Dude is acting like he is a superstar. He is nothing more than a good player. Wish Cuban could sue his pathetic ass. Lamar has always been one of the dumbest mother****ers in the league.

As a Bobcat fan let me tell you that the bolded portion is not true, especially during half-time. But the fact that everybody doesn't do it doesn't mean that they shouldn't -- I can tell you that if I spent hundreds of millions of dollars investing on something I would be hands-on in every aspect so I can't criticize Cubes at all.

DMV2
04-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Where did he blame Odom for the Mavs disappointing season?

I'd be pissed off too if a player of mine isn't giving his full effort when he's 100% healthy.

creepingdeath
04-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Dirk was injured and wasn't able to exercice the way he usually does, let's not spew around BS. Regarding Odumb: Man, I really feel sorry for everything that has happened in his private life, but damn, if he felt unable to perform to his NBA standards he should have taken the year off. His whole demeanor was awful, simply lethargic and unprofessional.

Godzuki
04-10-2012, 05:28 PM

wow you're a f'in idiot :facepalm

Big#50
04-10-2012, 05:29 PM
As a Bobcat fan let me tell you that the bolded portion is not true, especially during half-time. But the fact that everybody doesn't do it doesn't mean that they shouldn't -- I can tell you that if I spent hundreds of millions of dollars investing on something I would be hands-on in every aspect so I can't criticize Cubes at all.
They might not live there like Cuban. But in all sports, owners are always in the locker rooms. Not everyone is like Cuban, you're right.

kentatm
04-10-2012, 05:31 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/558668_10101830855827120_716672228_n.jpg

DMV2
04-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Has there been other times when a healthy player got deactivated or dismissed from his team during the season?

I think it happened to Owens with the Eagles in Philly. Not sure about the NBA. Marbury in New York a few years ago?

bagelred
04-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Has there been other times when a healthy player got deactivated or dismissed from his team during the season?

I think it happened to Owens with the Eagles in Philly. Not sure about the NBA. Marbury in New York a few years ago?

Tim Thomas with the Bulls?

NewYorkNoPicks
04-10-2012, 05:39 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/558668_10101830855827120_716672228_n.jpg

Loving the Street Fighter reference

LABean
04-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Odom?

Cuban is unprofessional.

This. The **** is he doing in the locker? :facepalm
But people will praise him for being "cool" or something for doing that. :rolleyes:

DGARAS
04-10-2012, 05:41 PM
cuban is part of the team family. its not unprofessional of him. id welcome it as a player.

brantonli
04-10-2012, 05:42 PM
If I were Cuban, I'd be pissed that I'm paying a guy millions to basically do nothing for the next few months. Ultimately the money goes through and comes from Cuban, he's the guy paying all the player's salaries.

outbreak
04-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Why can't cuban enter the locker rooms? If he plans on talking to Odom and Odom is in the locker room should he wait outside for him to come out and talk to him in public? Nothing said that he is in the locker rooms at all times during every game he just happened to be in there to talk to Odom. Odom needs to retire, it's frustrating how stupid he seems to be this season. Saying Odom had only played 4 minutes is a pointless argument in his defence too, with the way Odom's been playing and the way he looks uninterested i'm sure Cuban was going off more about the fact that the team could only play him limited minutes because of how terrible he was playing. Cuban's paying him 8mill a year, he can sure as hell criticise and call out his staff if their fat, lazy and un interested in performing.

NewYorkNoPicks
04-10-2012, 06:32 PM

Theres nothing unprofessional about a BOSS asking HIS EMPLOYEE to do his job.

You don't get hired at a new company and ask for 6 weeks vacation your 2nd week, actually get the time off, then come back and underperform.

R.I.P.
04-10-2012, 06:36 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4687886/source-lamar-odom-was-habitually-late

DALLAS

TheBigVeto
04-10-2012, 06:55 PM

This.

LockoutOver11
04-10-2012, 06:58 PM
Cuban is a g. Why couldn't you own the Mets so i can pretend to like baseball when I'm out...

raiderfan19
04-10-2012, 07:18 PM
I can't believe anyone is stupid enough to defend odom

Troutfisch
04-10-2012, 09:07 PM
Odom?

Cuban is unprofessional.

Have you heard about any other players on that squad that have had problems with Cuban? Oh wait, no you haven't!

Cuban is a great owner and holds his players accountable. Odom clearly didn't have a good work ethic and wasn't a team player. He wasn't happy in Dallas and now he's gone, good move for both sides.

Now they can take the Kardashian circus back to La La Land where they belong!

maybeshewill13
04-10-2012, 09:09 PM
What do you expect from someone married to a Kardashian? The ugly, fat one at that..

LockoutOver11
04-10-2012, 09:12 PM
What do you expect from someone married to a Kardashian? The ugly, fat one at that..

i still dunno which one ur refering to.... lolz

sikeee i'd bang the other two...

NoGunzJustSkillz
04-10-2012, 09:22 PM
cuban shouldnt have made noise when chris paul was heading to the lakers. buss said he was gonna get him (cuban) back.

kumquat
04-10-2012, 10:02 PM

This is how it went down.....

http://www.gossipcop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Lamar-Odom.jpg=http://www.eurocosm.com/Application/images/fitness-equipment/ASCOT-exercise-bike-md.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/gifs/dirkfit.gif

PickernRoller
04-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Odom doing as planned. Dirk and Cuban feeling it....sweet stuff :oldlol:

Got lucky last year the Lakers played like sh1t else it would have been no contest. Sweep is a sweep nonetheless.

Batchoy
04-10-2012, 10:15 PM
What do you expect from someone married to a Kardashian? The ugly, fat one at that..Can you be more specific? I still don't know which Kardashian Odom married? :pimp:

BallsOut
04-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Guys, it clearly isn't his wife. Last year he was married to her too and he played arguably the best year of his career. What's the difference between last season and this season? The team.

He just fits with the Lakers, with the triangle offense.

Batchoy
04-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Guys, it clearly isn't his wife. Last year he was married to her too and he played arguably the best year of his career. What's the difference between last season and this season? The team.

He just fits with the Lakers, with the triangle offense.Of course it wasn't Khloe's fault. It's all Odom's fault. He used off season incidents and tragedies as excuses not to fulfill is obligations as a professional athlete. I know what happened to him was devastating to him personally, but there have been many athletes who have had similar tragedies happen to them and they did not sink to Odom's level of quitting on his team for the entire season.

Odom lost almost all his respectability, in my eyes.

LA_Showtime
04-10-2012, 10:32 PM

He just fits with the Lakers, with the triangle offense.

He was in a post-championship aura. He didn't realize she was so ugly.

MeLO MvP 15
04-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Wow this is embarrassing.

So by your logic, if you don't play for LA, Boston, NY, or Miami you don't have to try. Wow. That is actually one of the dumbest comments I've ever heard.

DKLaker
04-10-2012, 11:56 PM
Cuban is mad because he thought he pulled a cunning move when in reality he received an LA double agent.

Yeah, he was so gleefully smug wasn't he :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: