PDA

View Full Version : Nerlens Noel Chooses Kentucky

irondarts
04-11-2012, 08:57 PM
link (http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/story/_/id/7803636/no-1-recruit-nerlens-noel-chooses-play-kentucky-wildcats)

CelticBaller
04-11-2012, 09:36 PM
fvck

D12"Magic"
04-11-2012, 10:52 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1054827/uk_medium.gif
Kentucky goes from

ganja0710
04-11-2012, 11:27 PM
Repeating champs! Him and Wiltjer :bowdown:

ukfan22
04-11-2012, 11:44 PM
Really didn't think we were getting him

he had me fooled, welcome Nerlens!

EnoughSaid
04-12-2012, 12:09 AM
Didn't like the LeBron reference. :(

"I'll be taking my talents to play at the University of Kentucky?" Come on now. :no:

Dolphin
04-12-2012, 12:31 AM
Didn't like the LeBron reference. :(

"I'll be taking my talents to play at the University of Kentucky?" Come on now. :no:

Come on now what? He referenced a famous Lebron James quote, he didn't say he loves Fidel Castro while coaching a team in Miami.

I really wonder what experiences people have gone through in life to be up in arms about the most unimportant of things.:facepalm

Kiddlovesnets
04-12-2012, 03:08 AM
Well UK still needs Bennet or the transfer from UConn to contend next year.

DeuceWallaces
04-12-2012, 07:16 AM
I'm pumped up about that fade! Gonna be a great season depending on who, if any, stay.

KG215
04-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Well UK still needs Bennet or the transfer from UConn to contend next year.

The world must be coming to an end. I actually agree with something you posted. But this me (and you) assuming that, on top of losing Davis, Jones, and MKG, they also lose Teague and Lamb. If that happens then I can't see them being a legit national championship contender. Of course it's looking more and more like 2012-2013 is going to be about the same as 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 in terms of talent and quality teams.

Punpun
04-13-2012, 09:57 AM
I'm betting everything I have on Nerlens. The boy is going to be the next superstar. Even above Davis.

leopoldstotch
04-15-2012, 11:46 AM
[QUOTE=D12"Magic"]http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1054827/uk_medium.gif
Kentucky goes from

Kiddlovesnets
04-15-2012, 03:49 PM
The world must be coming to an end. I actually agree with something you posted. But this me (and you) assuming that, on top of losing Davis, Jones, and MKG, they also lose Teague and Lamb. If that happens then I can't see them being a legit national championship contender. Of course it's looking more and more like 2012-2013 is going to be about the same as 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 in terms of talent and quality teams.

I actually think Marquis Teague should return, he clearly aint good enough to play in NBA yet just like Austin Rivers. But people make decisions like this, so I wont be surprised if he does declare.

Scoooter
04-15-2012, 05:53 PM
I really like what I've seen of this kid.

Dw1ll
04-15-2012, 06:21 PM
I think he's disgustingly overrated, and not even in the same stratosphere as davis.

Absolutely ZERO offensive game and not much of a feel for anything other than blocking shots.

chips93
04-15-2012, 08:12 PM
I think he's disgustingly overrated, and not even in the same stratosphere as davis.

Absolutely ZERO offensive game and not much of a feel for anything other than blocking shots.

so you're basing this off of what?

do you watch a lot of his games?

Punpun
04-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Hilarious. Nerlens has a better offensive game than Davis. Which isn't hard. :oldlol:

DeuceWallaces
04-17-2012, 02:22 PM
so you're basing this off of what?

do you watch a lot of his games?

I bet he based it off of being a UL or UNC fan.

Dw1ll
04-17-2012, 08:23 PM
yeah nerlens has a better offensive game than Davis....gtfo. I swear there needs to be some sort of test to pass to post on this website, would clear about 60% of the idiot trash out.

JustinJDW
04-27-2012, 02:20 AM
We'll see how this kid does. Really excited to see how he turns out. Have to be honest though, I really don't see him, Poythress and Goodwin repeating what happened last year at Kentucky. Most of these "one and done" kids in these programs really shouldn't be one and done kids at all. All out of the kids coming out these days should stay in two years at least. But hey, they want to get paid. I get it.

ukfan22
04-27-2012, 03:53 AM
Davis has a tremendous offensive game given his age, and if you think otherwise, you should watch more basketball.

I haven't seen Noel play enough to know too much about him, but it would be ridiculous to expect him to match maybe the greatest single season for a player in college basketball history. He is his own player, and Cal will develop him and get the best out of him.

ILLsmak
05-14-2012, 08:35 AM
lol Nerlens...

-Smak

outbreak
05-14-2012, 06:26 PM
From what little i've seen he looked to have afew offensive moves, didn't see a jump shot though can anyone say if he can shoot from mid range?
Davis was the player i wanted to watch last season now Kentucky have Nerlens which is the player i wanted to watch this year....

Snoop_Cat
05-15-2012, 02:53 AM
Davis has a tremendous offensive game given his age, and if you think otherwise, you should watch more basketball.

I haven't seen Noel play enough to know too much about him, but it would be ridiculous to expect him to match maybe the greatest single season for a player in college basketball history. He is his own player, and Cal will develop him and get the best out of him.

Maybe the greatest single season for a player in college basketball history?

Kareem? Walton? Magic? Robertson? Thompson? Sampson?

List goes on and on for seasons that were better.

ukfan22
05-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Maybe the greatest single season for a player in college basketball history?

Kareem? Walton? Magic? Robertson? Thompson? Sampson?

List goes on and on for seasons that were better.

Well......

Conference Freshman of the Year
Conference Defensive Player of the Year
Conference Player of the Year
National Freshman of the Year
National Defensive Player of the Year
National Player of the Year
First Team All American
Final Four MVP
National Champion
#1 Pick in the NBA Draft

Punpun
05-16-2012, 11:51 AM
Last one isn't part of your college resume.

DeuceWallaces
05-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Last one isn't part of your college resume.

Lol, yeah I'm sure none of his college accomplishments had anything to do with it.

KG215
05-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Well......

Conference Freshman of the Year
Conference Defensive Player of the Year
Conference Player of the Year
National Freshman of the Year
National Defensive Player of the Year
National Player of the Year
First Team All American
Final Four MVP
National Champion
#1 Pick in the NBA Draft

While I disagree, if you're going to make the "greatest season ever" argument then you can't include things like freshman player of the year awards just to make the resume look better. We're not talking about the best freshman season of all-time, we're talking about the best season of all-time. Bill Walton, Kareem, and anyone else in the discussion weren't freshmen during their potential GOAT season, or simply couldn't play as freshman due to rules.

Punpun
05-16-2012, 03:12 PM
Lol, yeah I'm sure none of his college accomplishments had anything to do with it.

It's part of his NBA's accolade.

ukfan22
05-17-2012, 12:32 AM
While I disagree, if you're going to make the "greatest season argument" ever then you can't include things like freshman player of the year awards just to make the resume look better. We're not talking about the best freshman season of all-time, we're talking about the best season of all-time. Bill Walton, Kareem, and anyone else in the discussion weren't freshmen during their potential GOAT season, or simply couldn't play as freshman due to rules.

That's fine, but him being a freshman is part of what makes it great.

I'd be happy with greatest modern era season.

chips93
05-17-2012, 04:19 PM

so if he gets a big shoe deal of the back of his ncaa career, thats a college accomplishment?

:facepalm

fos
05-18-2012, 12:48 AM
Who are naming these children!?

ILLsmak
05-18-2012, 07:31 PM
Who are naming these children!?

lol...

yeah.

I also find that hilarious. I can't even think of what to compare it to. It's not really a pet name... maybe a cartoon? Or a nickname for your pet? But what would the original name be?

Sherlyn? lol

It just makes me laugh every time I hear. That's got to be the worst name ever.

-Smak

EvanW
05-18-2012, 11:11 PM
While I disagree, if you're going to make the "greatest season ever" argument then you can't include things like freshman player of the year awards just to make the resume look better. We're not talking about the best freshman season of all-time, we're talking about the best season of all-time. Bill Walton, Kareem, and anyone else in the discussion weren't freshmen during their potential GOAT season, or simply couldn't play as freshman due to rules.I think he has made a case for, at the very least, most impressive freshman season ever.

I can't wait to see him in the league.

DeuceWallaces
05-21-2012, 04:17 PM
It's part of his NBA's accolade.

It's a function of his aforementioned college achievements.

DUP
08-05-2012, 04:44 AM
[QUOTE=D12"Magic"]http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1054827/uk_medium.gif
Kentucky goes from