PDA

View Full Version : Wade 30 points on 5 shots.

eliteballer
01-14-2007, 12:36 AM
The only time they cheered again was when coach Jerry Sloan got a late technical when Wade went to the line -- again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=270113026

D-Whistle's a joke.

kumquat
01-14-2007, 12:37 AM
90+ free throws in a game is also a joke

All Net
19-21 free-throws. was 10/10 after 1st Q.

rezznor
20 points on FT's?

West-Side
:roll: I know, D-Whistle is the man.

Kblaze8855
01-14-2007, 12:39 AM
Pierce made like 7 shots for 40 points in a playoff game.

I wonder what the record is for least shots made in a 30 or 40 point game.

Duck Rodgers
01-14-2007, 12:39 AM
He gets the pussiest calls...somebody should video document his fouls just for fun.

raiderfan19
01-14-2007, 12:40 AM
He gets the pussiest calls...somebody should video document his fouls just for fun.
alot of them are already on youtube.

DeuceWallaces
01-14-2007, 12:41 AM
Please tell me you're joking.

And I like D-Whistle.

Maximum310
01-14-2007, 12:44 AM
I like D-Wade, and for his sake, I hope this doesnt continue.
If this keeps up in the playoffs, then I think his rep will only get worst.
Sux cause he's pretty good.

KIWI
01-14-2007, 12:50 AM
:roll: I know, D-Whistle is the man.

:oldlol: its official we have a new name for wade :applause:

Loki
01-14-2007, 12:51 AM
Not as bad as Kobe's 40 points on 7 shots:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/games/boxscore.cgi?date=2006-01-31&tm1=LAL&tm2=NYK

:) :banana:

(for the record, I think both games were "bad" -- I just had to needle eliteballer; LOL @ "D-Whistle," though -- I wonder if it'll catch on. Someone should call ESPN :D)

TMacsOneGoodEye
01-14-2007, 12:53 AM
Does anyone have that youtube link where Wade had that HORRENDOUS call agaiunst the Blazers a couple weeks ago?

I need it for another board.

konex
01-14-2007, 12:53 AM
The way refs are calling the game, this guy is unguardable. He dribbles into the paint and jumps into a defender but gets 2fts :roll: :bowdown:

konex
01-14-2007, 12:54 AM
Does anyone have that youtube link where Wade had that HORRENDOUS call agaiunst the Blazers a couple weeks ago?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aySGUzzxjGE

TMacsOneGoodEye
01-14-2007, 12:55 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=aySGUzzxjGE

Thanks for the assist.

Dick Biggly
01-14-2007, 12:56 AM
D-Wade=Frankenstern. Look at the monster the commish and his buddies have created.

Messed the Cut
01-14-2007, 12:57 AM
I love the D-Whistle nickname.......after that Blazers game.....no other way to describe that.

TMacsOneGoodEye
01-14-2007, 12:59 AM
So it's official.

"D-Whistle: The Manufactured Superstar"

eliteballer
01-14-2007, 12:59 AM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/games/boxscore.cgi?date=2006-01-31&tm1=LAL&tm2=NYK

(for the record, I think both games were "bad" -- I just had to needle eliteballer; LOL @ "D-Whistle," though -- I wonder if it'll catch on. Someone should call ESPN :D)

Why not pull up some of the boxscores from Jordan's season where he took the same amount of shots as Kobe last year yet got more FT's:rolleyes: Pulling boxscores out of your rear=time to get laid bruh:ohwell:

eliteballer
01-14-2007, 01:12 AM
The only time they cheered again was when coach Jerry Sloan got a late technical when Wade went to the line -- again.

Loki
01-14-2007, 01:13 AM
Why not pull up some of the boxscores from Jordan's season where he took the same amount of shots as Kobe last year yet got more FT's:rolleyes: Pulling boxscores out of your rear=time to get laid bruh:ohwell:

:oldlol:

Those grapes are sour, huh? :banana:

TMacsOneGoodEye
01-14-2007, 01:14 AM
loki, if you can't see how awful Wade is being officiated, you're agenda has gotten in the way.

You were being such a better poster too.

BFRESH44
01-14-2007, 01:15 AM
:oldlol: eliteballer, what a suprise. Dude is the most pathetic Kobe groupie.

Didn't even watch the game. Box score lurkin mf'er..:oldlol:

They're literally wasn't ANY shady call during this game. All attacking. And the Jazz as a team shot more free throws then the Heat.

eliteballer
01-14-2007, 01:16 AM
No shady calls?

Cork it...

TMacsOneGoodEye
01-14-2007, 01:18 AM
Hey, can someone get me some links to players criticizing the way Wade is officiated? I gotta shut up another poster on another board.

I know Rasheed said something once. That one and anymore would be helpful.

Loki
01-14-2007, 01:18 AM
loki, if you can't see how awful Wade is being officiated, you're agenda has gotten in the way.

You were being such a better poster too.

Read my initial post in the thread. I don't like how he's being officiated. I just posted the Kobe boxscore to annoy eliteballer. After all, he's b!tching about 30 points on 5 made FG's, but when Kobe got 40 points on 7 made FG's, he didn't create a topic.

So yes, I see how poorly they're officiating Wade lately. It's a bit overblown at times, though.

TMacsOneGoodEye
01-14-2007, 01:19 AM
Read my initial post in the thread. I don't like how he's being officiated. I just posted the Kobe boxscore to annoy eliteballer. After all, he's b!tching about 30 points on 5 made FG's, but when Kobe got 40 points on 7 made FG's, he didn't create a topic.

So yes, I see how poorly they're officiating Wade lately. It's a bit overblown at times, though.

Well, as long as you acknowledge it.

vert48
01-14-2007, 01:21 AM
D-Whistle is the man.

A Roc 23
01-14-2007, 01:21 AM
You guys are getting ****ing pathetic. Wade was getting hammered all game. He was attacking the basket like crazy and they couldn't guard him.

Seriously, did you guys even see the game? There weren't any phantom calls.

You guys also ignore the fact the that the Jazz shot 54 free throws! AK47 had 11 points on 1 made basket. There was a ridiculous amount of fouls in this game, Wade had the ball in his hands for the majority of the time on offense and was attacking.

Seriously guys turn on a ****ing game once and a while.

Mewwem22
01-14-2007, 01:22 AM
:oldlol: eliteballer, what a suprise. Dude is the most pathetic Kobe groupie.

Didn't even watch the game. Box score lurkin mf'er..:oldlol:

They're literally wasn't ANY shady call during this game. All attacking. And the Jazz as a team shot more free throws then the Heat.

Well i watched the game... A lot of the foul shots that wade took were justified tonight. There were a few questionable ones though when wade would just drive to the lane and jump and twist into someone and the jazz would get called for the foul. I actually don't think this game was as bad as some other wade loving ref games though... Talking about the game in general though, both teams combined for 99 free throws. :eek:. This is the NBA and grown men are playing. For crying out loud, let them play some basketball!

DetroitPistonFan
01-14-2007, 01:22 AM
Wade must've made a deal with David Stern to get those calls every freakin game.

konex
01-14-2007, 01:24 AM
Hey, can someone get me some links to players criticizing the way Wade is officiated? I gotta shut up another poster on another board.

I know Rasheed said something once. That one and anymore would be helpful.

Sheed:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061201/SPORTS03/612010398/1051/SPORTS

Gerald Wallace:

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/basketball/nba/charlotte_bobcats/16100104.htm?source=rss&channel=charlotte_charlotte_bobcats

vert48
Wade must've made a deal with David Stern to get those calls every freakin game.
Well, many people do think that Stern is the Devil.

BFRESH44
No shady calls?

Cork it...
:confusedshrug:

WTF is that?

:oldlol: You didn't even watch the game..

eliteballer, what a suprise. Dude is the most pathetic Kobe groupie.

BFRESH44
01-14-2007, 01:25 AM
Well i watched the game... A lot of the foul shots that wade took were justified tonight. There were a few questionable ones though when wade would just drive to the lane and jump and twist into someone and the jazz would get called for the foul. I actually don't think this game was as bad as some other wade loving ref games though... Talking about the game in general though, both teams combined for 99 free throws. :eek:. This is the NBA and grown men are playing. For crying out loud, let them play some basketball!

:oldlol: Straight from an objective Jazz fan..

Yawn.

One questionable call that Wade got was on alley oop attempt, but other than that, all attack mode calls..

I agree that they were alot of Free throws for this game though...99 FT's is alot. League is in a soft state, no doubt.

Mewwem22
01-14-2007, 01:26 AM
Well, many people do think that Stern is the Devil.

Wait a minute. He's not?!

DavisWarriorsFan
01-14-2007, 01:28 AM
Dwyane Wade has more 30 40 Points by shooting free throws more than shooting from the field in games than any other NBA superstar like Michael Jordan, Magic Johson, Kobe Bryant, Larry Bird, LeBron James, Allen Iverson, Kevin Garnett and Tracy McGrady. I think Detroit Piston fan is right. Wade must have made a deal with Stern.

Messed the Cut
01-14-2007, 01:28 AM
I do not know if we can call D-Whistle a manufactured superstar?

I think he is a solid player, an all-star at least without the 'whistle', but the 'whistle' has elevated him into near untouchable status. Can you imagine if Wade was playing in the L in 1995. I don't see him scoring more than 22ppg.

I hate bashing him, but it is almost undeniable that he gets whistles that most other players wouldn't get.

Defenses obviously pay much more attention to him, and he dominates offensive possession for his team, so it makes sense he is seeing going to the line more often than not, but 30 points on 5 shots??? Either he is that good or he is "D-Whistle."

BFRESH44
01-14-2007, 01:32 AM
Sheed:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061201/SPORTS03/612010398/1051/SPORTS

Gerald Wallace:

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/basketball/nba/charlotte_bobcats/16100104.htm?source=rss&channel=charlotte_charlotte_bobcats

And on Gerald Wallace's comments, in the same article..

The Coach of the Bobcats, who acknowledges the rule changes that have taken place in the league, and acknowledges Wade's attacking style of play,

Bernie Bickertaff:

Bickerstaff believes Wade earned all those free throws with his quickness and explosion. Bickerstaff considers Wade the best finisher at the rim in the NBA.

"It's deserved. He's a great basketball player. We just flat-out didn't have an answer for him,'' Bickerstaff said.

Yawn.

Kblaze8855
01-14-2007, 01:33 AM
Along with Shaqs offensive fouls(ignoring how often he got fouled and it wasnt called) and the Knicks fans crap in the 90s Wades FTs are the most overblown bitter fan/player created conspiracy theory ive seen in over 20 years.

vert48
01-14-2007, 01:38 AM
You guys are getting ****ing pathetic. Wade was getting hammered all game. He was attacking the basket like crazy and they couldn't guard him.I watched the game, and yes, Wade is constantly attacking, but the officials call fouls when he initiates the contact. It is crap. He ends up on the floor more than AI, and that is saying a lot. He is just taking advantage of what the officials give him, but I bet that there will be a shift in focus in the summer to have the refs start calling the foul on the player that initiates contact. It is out of control and the media is catching on, so they will need to fix it.

In the early/mid 90's they had a similar issue with flopping on both offense and defense. Malone was one of the main culprits of the offensive flop. The Refs stopped calling the fouls when the offense flopped, and they started calling fouls on the defense if they flopped. It fixed the issue and the media stopped harping on it.

eliteballer
01-14-2007, 01:41 AM
So let me get this straight, teams don't just pack in the lane against a guy known to be a shaky shooter? Instead they guard him up close because they "fear" his 27% 3 point shooting and he draws fouls because people can't keep up with him(a player who blatantly carries the ball which helps his "speed"?) Makes no sense. Logically teams would just pack in the lane and Wade would either go to his jumper or get called for charges left and right. Apparently Wade is the only player in history who can step foot in the lane and get FT's regardless of teams defending him by filling up the lane knowing his jumper is weak.

A Roc 23
01-14-2007, 01:42 AM
And on Gerald Wallace's comments, in the same article..

The Coach of the Bobcats, who acknowledges the rule changes that have taken place in the league, and acknowledges Wade's attacking style of play,

Don't forget this quote in the article:

"It seems like anybody who is an All-Star, or has the potential to be an All-Star, who plays the Bobcats is going to get all the calls. We're not allowed to touch him,'' Wallace continued.

Seems like Gerald Wallace is bitter at the whole league, not just Wade.

eliteballer
01-14-2007, 01:44 AM
I watched the game, and yes, Wade is constantly attacking, but the officials call fouls when he initiates the contact. It is crap. He ends up on the floor more than AI, and that is saying a lot. He is just taking advantage of what the officials give him, but I bet that there will be a shift in focus in the summer to have the refs start calling the foul on the player that initiates contact. It is out of control and the media is catching on, so they will need to fix it.

In the early/mid 90's they had a similar issue with flopping on both offense and defense. Malone was one of the main culprits of the offensive flop. The Refs stopped calling the fouls when the offense flopped, and they started calling fouls on the defense if they flopped. It fixed the issue and the media stopped harping on it.

Yup. Wade isn't exactly Mark Madsen when it comes to shooting but it's no secret his jumper isn't the strength of his game. Teams know his bread and butter is slashing. Like with any other slasher with a shaky perimeter game, they would accordingly pack the lane forcing him to either hit jumpers all the time, or go inside and initiate contact thus drawing offensive fouls and charges. Wade does that, but he goes to the line instead.

Messed the Cut
01-14-2007, 01:46 AM
Along with Shaqs offensive fouls(ignoring how often he got fouled and it wasnt called) and the Knicks fans crap in the 90s Wades FTs are the most overblown bitter fan/player created conspiracy theory ive seen in over 20 years.

Kblaze, I know you saw this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=aySGUzzxjGE

There will always be the questionable calls, but it always seems that in the questionable situation where it can go either way, Wade gets the benefit of the doubt.

And no one is blaming Wade for this, I actually applaud him for milking this for as long as he can. He is a great player who at times is untouchable.

Indian guy
01-14-2007, 01:50 AM
So let me get this straight, teams don't just pack in the lane against a guy known to be a shaky shooter? Instead they guard him up close because they "fear" his 27% 3 point shooting and he draws fouls because people can't keep up with him(a player who blatantly carries the ball which helps his "speed"?) Makes no sense. Logically teams would just pack in the lane and Wade would either go to his jumper or get called for charges left and right. Apparently Wade is the only player in history who can step foot in the lane and get FT's regardless of teams defending him by filling up the lane knowing his jumper is weak.

C'mon man you're better than this. Wade's handles and quickness is simply too good for teams to keep him outside the lane. He's the quickest SG since MJ. And Wade now has a very consistent J from 20 feet and inside. Teams would be stupid to lay off him and pack it in.

The Wade whining by bitter Kobe/Dallas fans needs to end. Statistically there's nothing outrageous abt his FTA per game and the percentage of fouls he draws per inside shot. Compare his numbers to AI/LeBron/Kobe and there's hardly any difference in 'em. And Wade attacks the basket more than anybody in the league.

Dick Biggly
01-14-2007, 01:54 AM
C'mon man you're better than this. Wade's handles and quickness is simply too good for teams to keep him outside the lane. He's the quickest SG I've seen since MJ. And Wade now has a very consistent J from 20 feet and inside. Teams would be stupid to lay off him and pack it in.

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/3130/lolavery1nu.gif

braden.
01-14-2007, 01:54 AM
Actually, it was 12 shots. Five FGM's. Pierce did something like that in the season opener like, two years ago or something.

As for Wade, the amount of FT's he gets isn't unreasonable, but the amount of them that are complete phantoms is.

AI Nuggets3
01-14-2007, 01:55 AM
Iverson has turned into the anti-Wade.

ever since his Steve Javie incident, the guy can get tripped, slapped, slammed to the floor, etc and it'll be a no call. he has barely gone to the line at all in Denver. your lucky to see Iverson shoot 6 freethrows a game now. its like one extreme to the other.

refs and Stern love Wade. refs and Stern hate AI.....to the point where he was ordered to have a mandatory conference with Stern recently to discuss his language and tone with how he speaks with officials. ever since then? no calls. im not really complaining tho. the guy is tough and he's making up for it by playing angry. i hope they keep it up with the way AI's been playing

Bourne
01-14-2007, 01:58 AM
oh man.... D-whistle. THAT is the best nickname ever.

I smell a new photoshop thread.

hotsizzle
01-14-2007, 01:58 AM
Iverson has turned into the anti-Wade.

ever since his Steve Javie incident, the guy can get tripped, slapped, slammed to the floor, etc and it'll be a no call. he has barely gone to the line at all in Denver. your lucky to see Iverson shoot 6 freethrows a game now. its like one extreme to the other.

refs and Stern love Wade. refs and Stern hate AI.....to the point where he was ordered to have a mandatory conference with Stern recently to discuss his language and tone with how he speaks with officials. ever since then? no calls. im not really complaining tho. the guy is tough and he's making up for it by playing angry. i hope they keep it up with the way AI's been playing

what was the javie inident? what was it all about?

JtotheIzzo
01-14-2007, 02:13 AM
Wade 30 points on 5 shots.

very efficient. Glad to see he isnt settling fo jumpers:lol:

Dick Biggly
01-14-2007, 02:13 AM
what was the javie inident? what was it all about?

Iverson had sex with Steve Javie's wife.

Kblaze8855
01-14-2007, 02:15 AM
Given the proper motivation to do so anyone could make a video of any superstar getting crazy calls.

Bad calls happen. Flops work more than they should. we have all seen Manu draw calls with literally no contact made. It happens.

If Wade were getting like 15 points a game off FTs id care. But he doesnt even make the most in the league. And people actually suggest that hes made a star by calls. As if a great slasher like him should be taking so many fewer FTs as to render him average.

Knock 70% of one free throw(as in...less than one point) a game off his average to even him up with the bundle of stars right behind him(with AI ahead of him in makes per game) he doesnt turn into Dajuan Wagner.

Get a few thousand people behind a spite based movement to prove Arenas, AI, or Kobe get some crazy treatment and the same easily manipulated fans that do it now would be all over them.

Fans always have and always will ***** about refs. So will players and coaches. Its no more or less legit than it used to be. Its annoying but it is league wide. Annoying watching Wade take 14 steps spinning intothe laneonly to be lightly bumped and lay on the ground for 4 minutes to "sell" it. annoying to watch Paul Pierce pump fake and jump into his man then hold his elbow as the ref makes a late call. Annoying to watch AI blow by his man run chest first into an unsuspecting defender as he throws up a wild off balance scoop at the basket while falling into the crowd and hearing the whistle.

But it happens. Youre grown men. Learn to deal with it. Kids dont ***** this much. Literally. I could go get him and elbow my son in the face hed stop crying before most of these bitter fans will after Wade gets a light touch foul.

Nobody...anywhere...ever....has been favored by the refs enough to justify this obsession.

Way some of you act its as if its the 72 Gold medal game with russia getting 3 tries for the game winner with it later coming out that a ref was paid off to cheat against america.

Its not a conspiracy. Its not the JFK murder. Jimmy Hoffa is not buried under Madison Square Garden. Its a ****ing basketball game with a guy who takes a percentage of a free throw a game more than the people nobody obsess about.

It is not that big a deal.

Diesel J
01-14-2007, 02:24 AM
You guys are getting ****ing pathetic. Wade was getting hammered all game. He was attacking the basket like crazy and they couldn't guard him.

Seriously, did you guys even see the game? There weren't any phantom calls.

You guys also ignore the fact the that the Jazz shot 54 free throws! AK47 had 11 points on 1 made basket. There was a ridiculous amount of fouls in this game, Wade had the ball in his hands for the majority of the time on offense and was attacking.

Seriously guys turn on a ****ing game once and a while.

It's always the same people b1tching.Dirk/Dallas,Kobe/Lakers and Pistons fans:oldlol: Noone in the NBA attacks the rim as much as Wade does.

EricForman
01-14-2007, 02:41 AM

Considering Eliteballer ONLY started this thread for the purpose of making Wade look bad (thus indirectly making Kobe look good). I would say Loki OWNED Eliteballer here.

Wade 30 on 5 shots, Kobe 40 on 7 shots. Hey Elite, doesn't that make Kobe a "joke" too????

EricForman
01-14-2007, 02:43 AM

Wait a minute. Your response doesn't make sense.

YOU STARTED AN ENTIRE THREAD calling DWade a joke because he scored 30 points on 5 made shots. Then you turn around and DISMISS Loki for revealing that the same thing happened to Kobe (your favorite player) before?

:wtf: :wtf:

MaxFly
01-14-2007, 05:30 AM
Another Wade bashing thread... Can't say I'm surprised. At this point, I think that people are looking for controversy wherever they can find it.

Human Error
01-14-2007, 05:43 AM
The Jazz as a team shot 54 free throws, 9 more than the Heat but the idiot who started this thread just can't stand Wade doing better than Kolby and it's downright pathetic regarding that Kobe doesn't even know his mere existence on planet earth. Groupiesm at its purest form.

The Jazz are a jump shooting team, they don't get to the rim at all and they shot 9 more free throws than the Heat. Wade earned his. End of story.

billybadass
01-14-2007, 06:03 AM
f*ck refs. 50 years ago they'd be he hangin with a fugin fork up there ass

EricForman
01-14-2007, 06:15 AM
Another Wade bashing thread... Can't say I'm surprised. At this point, I think that people are looking for controversy wherever they can find it.

ISH has the same damn "ish" over and over. The past 3 months, it's been "Steve Nash sucks!!!" or "Steve Nash is the best!!!" and "DWade sucks!! he's nothing without refs!!"

People are so extreme. People forget that before his rookie season it was all Melo/Lebron but Wade earned his way up to have his name mentioned with those two their rookie year by playing good and making a nice playoff run. He hit a game winner in a playoff as a rookie too. But because by his THIRD SEASON he started gettings ome superstar calls, people dismiss him completely like he's nothing?

Please. Even if Wade loses all those "touch fouls", he'd still be a solid 22 ppg scorer. Besides Iverson, no one in the league attacks the hoop more than Wade, but they only look at free throw numbers and thinks it's unfair. The ultimate irony is alot of Kobe fans bash Wade for getting ticky tack fouls? Come on man. Kobe gets plenty himself.

Heretik32
01-14-2007, 06:17 AM
Calls get called, no reason to ***** and moan about them.
I didn't see the game, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone told me the calls were justified. The Jazz just cannot stop athletic shooting guards.

reppy
01-14-2007, 06:22 AM
I don't mind the occasional bad call here or there. It's just the CONSISTENCY. If Wade gets that "tripped" call on one end, why don't the Blazers get the calls where they're getting hacked across the arms and hit over the head in the very same game, at home, within the last minute or so before and after the call in question.

That's my problem. Can't even get any respect in your own building when the superstars are in town? People might come to see the superstars play but they want to see their teams win.

Human Error
01-14-2007, 06:47 AM
People might come to see the superstars play but they want to see their teams win.
The Blazers not being good enough to beat the Wade-led Heat isn't a ref's fault.

BigTicket
01-14-2007, 08:53 AM
Framkly I don't care if he earned them or not, it simply shouldn't be possible for a player to average more ft's than fg's per game as Wade does now, if that means a rulechange is in order than go ahead and do that.
Fouls should always be the exception, not the very purpose of a lot of plays, hate watching guys make silly shots that they know they haven't got a chance in hell of making, with no purpose other than getting the foul.

Wade is not even the worst at this though, he just gets the most attention. Corey Magette for example gets even ft's than Wade (relaqtively speaking), so does Antonio Daniels.

DreamRockets
01-14-2007, 08:56 AM
you people really need to stop this wade obssesion, he gets to the line, so what ? no wonder a kobe groupie started the thread.

DreamRockets
01-14-2007, 08:58 AM
hate watching guys make silly shots that they know they haven't got a chance in hell of making, with no purpose other than getting the foul.

thats called smart basketball, if you can't get the shot you must get the free throws at least, you think wade will do it less because you don't like it ? reggie miller was the master of this.

hotsizzle
01-14-2007, 09:03 AM
its how the nba is ref'd..dont like then dont watch it.

only prob i have with it mainly has to do with consistency...refs sometimes get inconsistent in calling fouls...thus deciding more games. actally happens to the same player sometimes...earlier in the game, he goes to the line for a ticky tack foul...then gets mugged later in the game and refs swallow their whistles...

Human Error
01-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Wade gets a lot of ft's because he attackes the basket more than anybody in this league. It's funny that some casual fans always bring up Iverson's name and whine that Iverson doesn't get as many foul shots as Wade, but given that Iverson nowadays doesn't go to the basket as he used to do and given that he still gets 10+ ft's a game, just about the same amount as Wade, his fans really have no reason to whine.

And look at Kobe, he's a jump shooter who rarely attacks the basket but he still gets 9+ ft's a game. It's true that the NBA blows a lot more whistle than they did in the past and it's benefitting athletic guards in general, it's not just about Wade.

Enrico_Palazzo
01-14-2007, 10:00 AM
Jazz: 54 FT's
Heat: 45 FT's

Stupidazz refs were clearly biased toward the Jazz

:rolleyes:

knickscity
01-14-2007, 10:06 AM
How is this hurting his rep. Does someone think he is buying the officials or something. it would be different if wade couldn't score these points from the field. Wade can shoot.

geeWiz15
01-14-2007, 12:11 PM
amazing. I really like how the people who saw the box score are all going crazy and the people who watched the game are all like "yeah... he pretty much earned it."

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
01-14-2007, 12:22 PM

i have it here. no contact whatsoever and he gets the call.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aySGUzzxjGE

theinfamousmobb
01-14-2007, 01:57 PM
Did you retards even watch the Jazz game? Wade was getting hacked like a mofo, not to mention the Jazz them selves shot 54 ft's.

mhg88
01-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Did you retards even watch the Jazz game? Wade was getting hacked like a mofo, not to mention the Jazz them selves shot 54 ft's.

Wade gets hacked because he's too fast, agile, and good to stop him by playing real defense.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
01-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Wade gets hacked because he's too fast, agile, and good to stop him by playing real defense.

regardless, he also gets his fair share of phantom calls, so he has developed the reputation that phantom calls are all he gets.

theinfamousmobb
01-14-2007, 03:07 PM
regardless, he also gets his fair share of phantom calls, so he has developed the reputation that phantom calls are all he gets.
True, but you people make this thread about last nights game and automatically assume by looking at the boxscore he got lots of phantom calls and such, and if you watched the game you would know he earned pretty much all of them.

MaxFly
01-14-2007, 03:35 PM
How is this hurting his rep. Does someone think he is buying the officials or something. it would be different if wade couldn't score these points from the field. Wade can shoot.

It is hurting his rep, and it's unfair. The other day, NBA TV showed the top 10 clutch shots of 2006 and D. Wade's clutch shots were free throws.

When that becomes your identity, people are going to lose respect for you. Players are complaining about it, Rasheed is making jokes, sportswriters are starting to take note of it now... Perhaps the serious fans can see past it, but the casual fans will certainly harp on it.

Players don't want to seem as if they are receiving special treatment. In D. Wade's case, a lot of it is exaggerated.

reppy
01-14-2007, 05:33 PM
The Blazers not being good enough to beat the Wade-led Heat isn't a ref's fault.

What? I thought Wade was the next MJ? Finals MVP? :bowdown: Oh, and did you watch the game? Probably not!:no:

shadow
01-14-2007, 05:34 PM
yah yah don't tell me he's the only guard that gets hacked. Other guards get hacked too but they don't get the same calls. Is wade hacked? Yah sure he is. But refs coddle him way more than any other guard. Every other elite player gets their fair share of BS calls in each game. Wade just gets his fair share and a whole bunch of extras almost every damn game.

geeWiz15
01-14-2007, 05:40 PM
Perhaps the serious fans can see past it, but the casual fans will certainly harp on it.
no. its the other way around. serious fans feel the need to search for leaguewide conspiracies while casual fans are buying his jersey and calling him the best/most favorite player in the game. casual fans are voting him into the all star game. he's the most popular player in America you know.

theinfamousmobb
01-14-2007, 05:41 PM
no. its the other way around. serious fans feel the need to search for leaguewide conspiracies while casual fans are buying his jersey and calling him the best/most favorite player in the game. casual fans are voting him into the all star game. he's the most popular player in America you know.
No he aint, Kobe and Bron are still more popular.

geeWiz15
01-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Wade just came off a title run, has led the league in jersey sales since forever.

hotsizzle
01-14-2007, 05:51 PM
Wade just came off a title run, has led the league in jersey sales since forever.

kobe tops it jersey sales now but yea, it has been wade-fever ever since the finals

gts
01-14-2007, 06:21 PM
player fta ftm
wade 336 274
areans 334 279
kobe 314 269
lbj 307 218
d howard 300 192

Human Error
01-14-2007, 06:28 PM
kobe tops it jersey sales now but yea, it has been wade-fever ever since the finals
If Wade changed his number, I think Wade would be topping it jersey sales.

dogman652
01-14-2007, 06:47 PM
D-Whistle's a joke.

U kiddin me? Now i hate on a lotta dudes in the NBA, but D-WADE????

First of all, hes a good role model. He aint no thug, he aint never was a thug, he handles himself oncourt, and yall never here him runnin his mouth to the media. Secound of all, 23 PPG 6.3 Assists and 5 'bounds is A JOKE????? C'mon man get ur mind rite.

LakersDynasty
01-14-2007, 07:21 PM
U kiddin me? Now i hate on a lotta dudes in the NBA, but D-WADE????

First of all, hes a good role model. He aint no thug, he aint never was a thug, he handles himself oncourt, and yall never here him runnin his mouth to the media. Secound of all, 23 PPG 6.3 Assists and 5 'bounds is A JOKE????? C'mon man get ur mind rite.
HAHA, perfect example of a casual fan...CLUELESS. :lol:

Knoe Itawl
01-14-2007, 09:14 PM

Wade also has the highest "Q" rating in basketball. Meaning he's viewed as the most popular player by the sports marketing world.

And basically the people that buy into this conspiracy are 45% Kobe fans, 45% bitter Dallas fans and 10% people who don't understand basketball and hop on a conspiracy, regardless of how unfounded.

As blaze said, you can put together videos of just about ever player getting a questionable foul call and use it to prove some "conspiracy".

It's garbage. It's also funny how so many people jumping on this for the Jazz game DIDN'T EVEN WATCH THE GAME.

They also didn't consider how much sgs have roasted Utah this year. Blah.

Kobe's gotten many many many horrible foul calls in his favor IMO, and you don't catch me harping on it.

Human Error
01-14-2007, 11:55 PM
Wade just gets his fair share and a whole bunch of extras almost every damn game.
That's because he attacks the basket more than anybody in the league. How in the hell can you expect Kobe get the same amount of foul shots when he always settle for mid range jump shots and rarely get to the rim? And you know what, Kobe, a jump shooting player, gets almost the same amount of foul shots as Wade. And don't ever say that Kobe doesn't get as many as phantom calls than Wade, because Kobe does get tons of phantom calls.

Human Error
01-14-2007, 11:59 PM
HAHA, perfect example of a casual fan...CLUELESS. :lol:
How is he a cluless casual fan? Wade is becoming the face of the NBA and you Kobe fans can't deny that. Wade works hard, never causes any troubles with his teammates or coaches, very polite, doesn't have any tattoo, one of the best dressers in the league, cluless ones are you Kobe ******gers, idiot.

Did Wade go off on his teammates for calling his wife "little Mexican girl"? Did Wade rape a white girl? Did Pat Riley say that "I can't coach that kid anymore"?

Just stfu.

Devientz
01-15-2007, 12:06 AM
Did Wade go off on his teammates for calling his wife "little Mexican girl"? Did Wade rape a white girl? Did Pat Riley say that "I can't coach that kid anymore"?
I can guarantee you if anyone called his wife a "little Mexican girl" hed go off on them. So you don't like Kobe groupies? Great, nobody does...but with your useless personal attacks, you come off as an ignorant Kobe hater..and guess what? Nobody likes them either.

Human Error
01-15-2007, 12:10 AM
I can guarantee you if anyone called his wife a "little Mexican girl" hed go off on them. So you don't like Kobe groupies? Great, nobody does...but with your useless personal attacks, you come off as an ignorant Kobe hater..and guess what? Nobody likes them either.
On his teammates who always was like a mediator when he was causing problems with Shaq or Phil or Payton? What a role-model he is.

Devientz
01-15-2007, 12:25 AM
On his teammates who always was like a mediator when he was causing problems with Shaq or Phil or Payton? What a role-model he is.
The fact is, Wades reputation is being tarnished by the calls he gets. Its not about Kobe. If this topic was about wades reputation vs Kobes reputation , and you said these things in a respectfull way...It wouldnt matter...but thats not what this is about, you actually changed the topic to fit your personal desire to attack Kobe and you come across as a complete jackass. Bottom line.

gts
01-15-2007, 12:45 AM
i swear i could start a thread on the three most important factors aerodynamics play on a racecars top speed and in 20 posts or less some yoyo would find a way to turn it into a bash kobe thread...

Diesel J
01-15-2007, 01:01 AM
well,this thread was basically a Wade hate thread started by a Kobe fan lol.

LakersDynasty
01-15-2007, 04:39 AM
Human error, shut the **** up already you ****ing Wade groupie, no one takes you ****ing serious anymore punk.

Human Error
01-15-2007, 04:50 AM
Human error, shut the **** up already you ****ing Wade groupie, no one takes you ****ing serious anymore punk.
You already are pushing for 5,000 posts within 6 months? This is just plain ridiculous. On the old board, I was there for 5 years, and I ended up having 3,000 posts. And I think I spent a lot of times reading and posting.

Get a life, loser.

LakersDynasty
01-15-2007, 04:54 AM
You already are pushing for 5,000 posts within 6 months? This is just plain ridiculous. On the old board, I was there for 5 years, and I ended up having 3,000 posts. And I think I spent a lot of times reading and posting.

Get a life, loser.
Nobody gives a **** how long you've been on this board retard. And unlike some/most people this is the only forum I ever visit.

Diesel J
01-01-2009, 10:15 AM

:lol

Odomize
01-01-2009, 10:34 AM
These superstars who get easy calls should just be whacked hard every time they drive to the basket. They get their calls either way so why not make it harder.

MMM
01-01-2009, 10:46 AM
this thread is terrible people are making a fuss about Wade when there were 99 FTA in total in this game. I am going out on a limb here but maybe refs just suck in General.

quasimoto
01-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Kind of ironic that this thread was started by a Kobe-groupie.

jrong
01-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Why was this thread bumped? Some people can not let go of this.

I read different team's message boards sometimes, and it was hilarious to see Cavs boards during the recent home-and-home series with Cleveland. The fans there were actually *****ing about Wade getting calls when LeBron shot 26 FTs in those two games and Wade shot 15!

Another example was during the Jazz game this season. Wade shot TWO foul shots that game, and there still were people posting about him getting BS whistles.

For some individuals, it's to the point that if Wade wasn't knocked unconscious, he didn't deserve the call. The guy doesn't get to the line any more often than Devin Harris, and he gets there less often than D-Howard.

Mdog1
01-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Why was this thread bumped? Some people can not let go of this.

I read different team's message boards sometimes, and it was hilarious to see Cavs boards during the recent home-and-home series with Cleveland. The fans there were actually *****ing about Wade getting calls when LeBron shot 26 FTs in those two games and Wade shot 15!
Another example was during the Jazz game this season. Wade shot TWO foul shots that game, and there still were people posting about him getting BS whistles.

For some individuals, it's to the point that if Wade wasn't knocked unconscious, he didn't deserve the call. The guy doesn't get to the line any more often than Devin Harris, and he gets there less often than D-Howard.
It is because Wade gets Phantom calls. When LeBron gets fouled it is 95% of the time a foul, but when Wade gets fouled it is like 50/50. He could be looked at wrong by the defense and get a whistle some games.

jrong
01-01-2009, 12:26 PM
It is because Wade gets Phantom calls. When LeBron gets fouled it is 95% of the time a foul, but when Wade gets fouled it is like 50/50. He could be looked at wrong by the defense and get a whistle some games.

You know, you would think that sometimes a person would stop and read the post they wrote before they submit it, and say to themselves, "Wow, I know I'm obviously going to be biased as a fan, but what just I wrote here is so extreme that it makes me sound like nothing more than a crazy homer. So maybe I should edit it a little bit before I post."

This apparently is not one of those times.

trig
01-01-2009, 01:07 PM

Lebron gets his fair share of phantoms but with lebrons size and quickness, he'll hit and get hit by a lot of people when driving no doubt.

Lebron also has a "secret" weapon, the muhammad ali dunk. The one where he shuffles his feet 1st w/o driibbling :D

Thats why I'm starting to hate watching boston games with them having 3 stars. The more stars, the more chances of phantoms.

f stern. They're damn good, stop helping them.

trig
01-01-2009, 01:13 PM
These superstars who get easy calls should just be whacked hard every time they drive to the basket. They get their calls either way so why not make it harder.

Stern will suspend them. And if it still didn't stop, he'll sneak in some joints and you'll be suspended much longer :banana:

Samurai Swoosh
01-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Wade attacks the rim, don't get mad at him for that ... fouls are the result. Thats why getting to the hoop beats settling for difficult jumpers, all day. If you get to the bucket, there is a higher percentage and multitude of solid options for the offense.

1) You make an easier basket
2) You draw the defense to you, and drop a dime to a teammate in position to score
3) You draw a foul, get two free throws
4) You make the bucket, and get a foul shot, easy three point play
5) You make the defense long term sag and let you and your teammates have better looks with less defensive pressure

Mdog1
01-01-2009, 02:55 PM
You know, you would think that sometimes a person would stop and read the post they wrote before they submit it, and say to themselves, "Wow, I know I'm obviously going to be biased as a fan, but what just I wrote here is so extreme that it makes me sound like nothing more than a crazy homer. So maybe I should edit it a little bit before I post."

This apparently is not one of those times.
You don't think that Wade gets phantom calls? Go on youtube and type in Wade. I am sure you can find the one were he trips on his own and gets a call. I don't think it is totally biased of me to say Wade gets a lot of bad calls, since it is well the truth. I personally think LeBron should average more FTA a game then he does. When you get most of your points from as close as he does it is fairly obvious he is getting fouled a lot. But whatever the refs call it certain ways for certain players. If LeBron wasn't as big and strong as he is, and able to finish a play then he would shoot more FTs. (Wade gets calls because he flails after he misses, LeBron finishes and lands on his feet even if he is fouled)

OneMoreSucka
01-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Wade attacks the rim, don't get mad at him for that ... fouls are the result. Thats why getting to the hoop beats settling for difficult jumpers, all day. If you get to the bucket, there is a higher percentage and multitude of solid options for the offense.

1) You make an easier basket
2) You draw the defense to you, and drop a dime to a teammate in position to score
3) You draw a foul, get two free throws
4) You make the bucket, and get a foul shot, easy three point play
5) You make the defense long term sag and let you and your teammates have better looks with less defensive pressure
Finally someone who knows what they're talking about.

jrong
01-01-2009, 04:22 PM
You don't think that Wade gets phantom calls? Go on youtube and type in Wade. I am sure you can find the one were he trips on his own and gets a call. I don't think it is totally biased of me to say Wade gets a lot of bad calls, since it is well the truth. I personally think LeBron should average more FTA a game then he does. When you get most of your points from as close as he does it is fairly obvious he is getting fouled a lot. But whatever the refs call it certain ways for certain players. If LeBron wasn't as big and strong as he is, and able to finish a play then he would shoot more FTs. (Wade gets calls because he flails after he misses, LeBron finishes and lands on his feet even if he is fouled)

I didn't say Wade didn't get calls. I was just dumbfounded that you would suggest that LeBron doesn't.

Every team's fans think that their players don't get calls. Heat fans currently complain that Wade doesn't get the respect from the refs that he used to. And I'm aware that Cavs fans think LeBron doesn't get many calls. You should be aware that other team's fans laugh at you for you that. Did you not know that the NBA was being called the "witness protection program" around the web the year those ads came out?

The fact is that none of us can possibly be objective on this point. You probably didn't think anything was wrong at all with the fact that the Cavs as a team shot TWENTY FREE THROWS IN THE FOURTH QUARTER in the game in Cleveland. But, I did.

So anyway since we're all subjective, let's look at the numbers. LeBron shoots nine free throws a game, and Wade shoots ten. That's one extra trip to the line per two games. That's barely a difference.

As for the recent set of games, I don't care what calls that Wade received that stick out in your mind as being unjustified and how you may remember every call that LeBron got and think he deserved every single one and more. Because if you're going to complain when LeBron got six more free throws per game, you plainly sound ridiculous.

Wade became the poster child for bad calls after the Finals, mostly based on a controversial foul whistled at the end of game five, that video tape that was later released proved he did in fact deserve. But, since then, it's become absurd the way opposing fans complain every single time he gets fouled as if he doesn't deserve any calls EVER. But, he's an easy target. I remember after the game against the Cavs a couple years ago when LeBron clotheslined him, some people were claiming he flopped. And others said, "well, that was the only call he actually did deserve in that game...."

01-01-2009, 04:38 PM
This thread was started in 2007. :roll:

bdreason
01-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Let's not forget the Jazz lead the league in fouls per game.

I wouldn't expect anyone to mention that in a Wade hate thread though.

MMM
01-01-2009, 04:52 PM
This thread was started in 2007. :roll:

people continue to live in the past not noticing it is 2009

Luigi
01-01-2009, 10:45 PM
Let's not forget the Jazz lead the league in fouls per game.

I wouldn't expect anyone to mention that in a Wade hate thread though.

That was last season.

Boston, Denver, Charlotte, Orlando, LAL, Phoenix, Memphis all foul more per possession than Utah so far this season.

plowking
01-01-2009, 10:57 PM
This is ridiculous.

A myth was started during the Dallas series that Wade gets all the calls and now people will bring this up whenever Wade gets 15+ freethrows, despite not watching the game.

Wade is constantly driving to the ring. More so then Kobe and Lebron, and they both get about the same amount of free throws.

Furthermore, this was made during the season where Wade was injured and the Heat only won like 15 games. The refs really helped him during that season, right? Does anybody really believe that Wade is getting help from the refs if they are going to let their top 3 most marketable player go down in flames like that (no pun intended). Of corse not.

Wade's calls are 99% correct, while sometimes the ref will make a mistake, just like any other player. This "superstar call" bullcrap is ridiculous. On occasions you see scrub players get worse calls. Referees make mistakes, and some people can't seem to accept that human error is involved in the sport like any other.

Samurai Swoosh
01-01-2009, 11:00 PM
^

100% Truth

jamal99
01-01-2009, 11:13 PM
so true...

Luigi
01-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Lets not confuse a lot of free throws with bad officiating. The only bad foul call is the one where the is no real foul. If Wade really does get hacked for 30 free throws, the defense needs to get it together. But, some people don't believe a player can force a defense to foul him that much.

Even if you do blame a man for getting to the line, the numbers don't support the D-Whistle theory compeletly:

D. Howard
C. Smith
G. Wallace
D. Harris
S. O'neal
E. Okafor
A. Varejao
M. Gasol
C. Bosh
A. Stoudemire
A. Bynum
A. Kirilenko
H. Warrick
K. Love
N. Hilario (I don't do that one name crap :oldlol: )
L. James
A. Biedrins
T. Allen
P. Pierce

All get to the line more per posession they shoot than Wade does so far this season.

-----------------------

So, the D-Whistle argument isn't just that Wade gets an impossible ammount of free throws (even if people support it exclusively with box scores).

Some players are very good at drawing legitimate fouls. If you can get a player in the air on a pump fake, it is good offense to go into him and get a high percentage free throw. Boring to watch, but among the most effective offensive weapons is a legitimate drawn foul (throwing your legs out is different and was cracked down on).

Some fans may get upset at seeing Wade shoot free throws when their own defense makes a mistake that they don't understand. However, I believe the greater part of the D-whistle anger is from phantom calls. All stars get em. The bigger they are, the worse it gets. It begins because the player is so good that the defense makes more mistakes; but, then it snowballs into an ugly bail out for a missed shot. "Jordan is so good that he wouldn't have missed that shot unless he was fouled, right?" When the instant replay shows absolutely no contact, there is no excuse. Bigger market teams tend to enjoy more phantom calls because their players illicit a larger super star response from the refs. Rabid crowds also tend to impact the refs.

Are people more conscious of Wade's super star/phantom calls because of his reputation? Yes. Does Wade legitimately draw fouls well? Absolutely. Does he really get more phantom calls than Kobe, Lebron, Pierce etc...? Maybe one or two.

BankShot
01-02-2009, 12:26 AM

D-Whistle's a joke.

The real joke is whoever was guarding D-Wade throughout the game that allowed him to get to the rim as he did.

opps
08-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Bump cause you guys are idiots

Dwade305
08-04-2010, 06:28 PM
I remember 07 lol full of insecure kobe fans ranking on Dwade and his FTA. :lol

MasterDurant24
08-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Bump cause you guys are idiots
Why do you keep on bumping threads?

Johnni Gade
08-04-2010, 06:57 PM
D-whistle is the man

SinJackal
08-04-2010, 09:15 PM
20 points on FT's?

Sounds like a Thunder game, except replace the 20 with a 30-40.

Like 1/3rd of their points last season were FTs.

godofgods
08-04-2010, 10:23 PM

D Whistle and Kobe both paid the refs to grant them ***** fouls. They are the most overrated scorers in the history of the league.

The_Yearning
08-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Lmao if you guys remember, this was the same season that dude went out with that shoulder injury. Lol serves him right...don't try and pull that D-Whistle sh!t to the finals again umbre not happening...lol when will people learn that it takes skill and fundamentals to win the chip?

Wade is the asterisk of that 2006 championship.

SmH.

opps
08-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Lmao if you guys remember, this was the same season that dude went out with that shoulder injury. Lol serves him right...don't try and pull that D-Whistle sh!t to the finals again umbre not happening...lol when will people learn that it takes skill and fundamentals to win the chip?

SmH.

What ???? Wade is the best ever

BFRESH44
08-04-2010, 10:28 PM

SmH.

Sad thing is, you're actually being serious. :hammerhead:

The_Yearning
08-04-2010, 10:35 PM
Sad thing is, you're actually being serious. :hammerhead:

Lol you can't even begin to dispute anything wrong with my post. Go back to bashing Spo and hyping up Beasley...oh wait.

BFRESH44
08-04-2010, 10:48 PM
You just implied that Wade doesn't possess any real skills or fundamentals.

There's no point in even enganging in any rational discussion/debate with you, because you're a fool if that's your perception on that matter.

Disaprine
08-04-2010, 11:26 PM
Dwade and freethrows back then :roll: good times.

BarberSchool
08-04-2010, 11:38 PM
20 points on FT's?Guess how many times D-Wade shot 20 ft's in the 2006 playoffs....?

godofgods
08-04-2010, 11:52 PM
Guess how many times D-Wade shot 20 ft's in the 2006 playoffs....?

About 2000.

Sarcastic
08-04-2010, 11:53 PM
Utah shot 9 more free throws for the game. They missed 17, while Miami missed 3.

Make your free throws, and you win the game.

BarberSchool
08-05-2010, 12:07 AM
Utah shot 9 more free throws for the game. They missed 17, while Miami missed 3.

Make your free throws, and you win the game.That's not where any honest man's focus should be.

momo
08-05-2010, 01:09 AM

D-Whistle's a joke.

He did not take 5 shots, he took 12. Made 5.

PurpleChuck
08-05-2010, 04:53 AM
He did not take 5 shots, he took 12. Made 5.

Well said.

monkeypox
08-05-2010, 06:32 AM
I think I'd rather have a real search feature rather than having the ability to zombify threads from 2007, as amusing as it may be.

alexandreben
08-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Why everyone blame D-W for 30pts with only 5FGM while Kobe had 40pts with only 7FGM and no one say a thing? Kobe-homers...

necya
08-05-2010, 09:04 AM
Hardaway back in the days, had scored 30pts against indiana with only 10FGA. He made 8 shots, 1 3FG and 13/14FT

i remember too Pippen scored 43pts on 16/17FG, Malone had a 20/26FG though, Robinson 18/21FG, Walton in college 21/22FG !!!
but no one will beat the 24/29FG by MJ

DirkNowitzki41
08-05-2010, 09:06 AM
I'm a Wade fan but I love this..

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3076/3125950908_9ef99d8d57_o.jpg

PurpleChuck
08-05-2010, 09:20 AM

Great find.:applause: :roll: :lol :oldlol: :rockon:

Sarcastic
08-05-2010, 09:44 AM

I didn't know that Wade ever reffed an NFL game.

Calabis
08-05-2010, 10:44 AM
this thread is terrible people are making a fuss about Wade when there were 99 FTA in total in this game. I am going out on a limb here but maybe refs just suck in General.

That's what happens when you institute the bullshit rules of 2004

“It’s brought all these 40-point scorers,” Winter said. “They can’t score 40 points unless they get 15-20 free throws.”

And that’s exactly what they were getting on their big nights.

“They should be protected, but not that much,” Winter said of the current generation of talented offensive players. “I don’t think that just touching a player should be a foul.”

Calabis
08-05-2010, 11:58 AM

:confusedshrug:

When Jordan was 39?? That's the the only one similar to Kobe shot attempts
MJ 1527 Kobe 1569...MJ shot 324 free throws Kobe 541 free throws

LA_Showtime
08-05-2010, 01:51 PM
Wade won't get those calls next year. I expect Team Diva to have difficulty adjusting to fewer quick whistles.