PDA

View Full Version : Will Miami catch Chicago?

EnoughSaid
04-17-2012, 12:41 AM
Will Miami catch Chicago as the number one seed in the Eastern Conference?

Remaining games:

Chicago:
April 18th, @ Charlotte
April 19th, @ Miami
April 21st, vs Dallas
April 25th, @ Indiana
April 26th, vs Cleveland

Miami:
April 18th, vs Toronto
April 19th, vs Chicago
April 21st, vs Washington
April 22nd, vs Houston
April 24th, @ Boston
April 26th, @ Washington

For the Bulls, I see potential losses against Miami and Dallas. Dallas will be gunning for that playoff spot while Miami will try to send that message and get some momentum going. Hopefully Thibs rests Rose and their main players so maybe Indiana can pick up a win there as well.

For the Heat, I see maybe two potential losses against Chicago and Houston. Houston right now is tied with Phoenix for the 8th spot in the West, so they'll most likely be going out to win that game. Hopefully Boston is done by the time they face the Heat, so that will be an easy win.

Do you guys see the Bulls losing at least 2 games? :confusedshrug:

Alamo
04-17-2012, 01:03 AM
I don't think Miami will catch Chicago. But it's more important that they have homecourt advantage over OKC if they meet in the finals.

Also, the playoffs begin right after the season ends. The players wouldn't want to tire themselves out trying so hard to get a higher seed.

LBJDW305
04-17-2012, 01:04 AM
Honestly...I'm more worried about getting HCA over OKC or for the finals IF we make it there. Miami already proved they can dominate Chicago on the road in the playoffs

nba_55
04-17-2012, 01:06 AM
if miami wins on thursday, which team holds the tiebreaker?

InfiniteBaskets
04-17-2012, 01:07 AM
Does Miami really want to catch Chicago? Boston in the second round looks much more troublesome than Orlando / Indiana.

InfiniteBaskets
04-17-2012, 01:08 AM
if miami wins on thursday, which team holds the tiebreaker?

It will be tied 2-2, in which case I believe the next tiebreaker is record against own conference. In which case we'll see how the Bulls and Heat finish off the season. Right now the Bulls are ahead by one game in the loss column to all eastern conf teams.

Tenchi Ryu
04-17-2012, 01:09 AM
Honestly...I'm more worried about getting HCA over OKC or for the finals IF we make it there. Miami already proved they can dominate Chicago on the road in the playoffs
Let me guess, last year right
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

LBJDW305
04-17-2012, 01:11 AM
Let me guess, last year right

You must be one of the smart ones

LBJDW305
04-17-2012, 01:12 AM
It will be tied 2-2, in which case I believe the next tiebreaker is record against own conference. In which case we'll see how the Bulls and Heat finish off the season. Right now the Bulls are ahead by one game in the loss column to all eastern conf teams.

There up by 2

Tenchi Ryu
04-17-2012, 01:12 AM
You must be one of the smart ones
And you're one of the dumb ass ones....Logic should tell you using last year is the stupidest shit to do. If that was the case, Mavs would be a threat right now.

Alamo
04-17-2012, 01:14 AM
And you're one of the dumb ass ones....Logic should tell you using last year is the stupidest shit to do. If that was the case, Mavs would be a threat right now.

Whoa, Whoa.... Chill man

:roll: :roll:

LBJDW305
04-17-2012, 01:16 AM

It's using it as an example as to how the intensity changes in the playoffs. Last year Miami couldn't beat boston or chicago in the regular season. Plus this year with the injury to rose bulls dont have that chemistry with rip and Drose in the lineup and if you think Watson will be making miracle 3s to save the bulls ass every game. Your in for a long one

Tenchi Ryu
04-17-2012, 01:17 AM
Whoa, Whoa.... Chill man

:roll: :roll:
Just saying lol....:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Tenchi Ryu
04-17-2012, 01:19 AM
It's using it as an example as to how the intensity changes in the playoffs. Last year Miami couldn't beat boston or chicago in the regular season. Plus this year with the injury to rose bulls dont have that chemistry with rip and Drose in the lineup and if you think Watson will be making miracle 3s to save the bulls ass every game. Your in for a long one
Did you watch the pistons game? Rose and rip were the best two players, the chemistry is looking pretty good.

You're in for a long one as well if you keep talking out your ass like Miami has already won. You keep talking about intensity changes, if anything, you got some Role-Player problems you need to fix before getting cocky. The big 3 can't do it alone.

cteach111
04-17-2012, 01:20 AM
after the Heat beat the Bulls on Thursday, this will become VERY interesting

LBJDW305
04-17-2012, 01:22 AM
Did you watch the pistons game? Rose and rip were the best two players, the chemistry is looking pretty good.

You're in for a long one as well if you keep talking out your ass like Miami has already won. You keep talking about intensity changes, if anything, you got some Role-Player problems you need to fix before getting cocky. The big 3 can't do it alone.

Lol not once have I said or sounded cocky about the heat winning a ring!!!! I'm simply putting that bulls don't scare me as much as teams in the west like OKC lakers...And if your using that OT game as an example against Detroit...Then you proved my point

InfiniteBaskets
04-17-2012, 01:22 AM
There up by 2

The Heat are only down 1 game in the Eastern Conference loss column, which is the one that will matter if both teams finish with the same record and the Heat win their next match up, which is what I believe the original poster I quoted was asking about.

Obviously this can all change very quickly within a few nights, but we'll see.

Tenchi Ryu
04-17-2012, 01:26 AM
Lol not once have I said or sounded cocky about the heat winning a ring!!!!

Miami already proved they can dominate Chicago on the road in the playoffs
:facepalm :facepalm

I'm simply putting that bulls don't scare me as much as teams in the west like OKC lakers...And if your using that OT game as an example against Detroit...Then you proved my point
No, it makes you look wrong....AGAIN. Your main argument was Rose being injured and him not gelling with Rip, he did just that against the Pistons.

Jasper
04-17-2012, 01:28 AM
silly thread .. if you looked at the schedule and knew bball , you would know the answer.
I still think the west is open to the best record ... but Spurs may as usual let the last few games rest their players.
If they were to land in the west finals , I don't think they want to play 4 games in Oak.

LBJDW305
04-17-2012, 01:28 AM
:facepalm :facepalm

No, it makes you look wrong....AGAIN. Your main argument was Rose being injured and him not gelling with Rip, he did just that against the Pistons.

EXACTLY!! I said miamI can dominate Chicago on the road like last year!! How is that saying they won a ring automatically? U serious? And if Drose and Rip playing good means OT vs pistons...I'LL TAKE IT!!

Tenchi Ryu
04-17-2012, 01:31 AM
EXACTLY!! I said miamI can dominate Chicago on the road like last year!! How is that saying they won a ring automatically? U serious? And if Drose and Rip playing good means OT vs pistons...I'LL TAKE IT!!
You cannot be this ignorant....seriously

LBJDW305
04-17-2012, 01:33 AM
You cannot be this ignorant....seriously

Ok I'm sorry...Chicago is the best.........they got HCA.....they will win a ring for being the best regular season team once again......

Tenchi Ryu
04-17-2012, 01:34 AM
Ok I'm sorry...Chicago is the best.........they got HCA.....they will win a ring for being the best regular season team once again......
And then with the jerkass sarcasm, and you wonder why Miami is the most hated franchise in the league

LBJDW305
04-17-2012, 01:35 AM
Your arguing the fact that I'm saying the heat can beat Chicago on the road in the playoffs

Kingwillball
04-17-2012, 01:38 AM
Losing that last gm in Chi will probably cost Heat.. If they won that game and on Thurs they would be in good shape to steal #1 seed..

Tenchi Ryu
04-17-2012, 01:39 AM
Your arguing the fact that I'm saying the heat can beat Chicago on the road in the playoffs
Of course they can. You're acting as if they WILL.

I<3NBA
04-17-2012, 02:13 AM
Miami is in a good place right now. no need to bust their ass trying to get a seed that will give them a harder road to the ECF.

Bandito
04-17-2012, 02:18 AM
If the Heat beat the Bulls on Thursday, this will become VERY interesting
fixed

Lebron23
04-17-2012, 02:21 AM
Miami is in a good place right now. no need to bust their ass trying to get a seed that will give them a harder road to the ECF.

Spo said that he will cut the minutes of the Miami Heat starting 5 in the last few games of the season. I want Miami to finish the season as the second seed. They will have a much easier path/route in the NBA Finals.

TheMan
04-17-2012, 11:00 AM
I love when people use last year's playoffs results to predict this year's results:lol

That Heat homer who keeps insisting the Heat have proven they can beat the Bulls in Chicago, guess what, that was last year, doesn't mean anything today, sure Miami can win in Chicago but not because they "proved it last year" but because they are a good team and good teams can win anywhere, the Bulls CAN win at Miami in this year's playoffs regardless of the fact that they didn't last year. The Heat handled Boston in the playoffs last year, doesn't mean it'll happen again, the Mavs swept the Lakers last year, doesn't mean they'll do it again, Dallas handled Miami in the Finals, doesn't mean it will happen again...

I've watched the NBA since the mid 80s and I assure you that there are countless examples of one team beating another team one year only to lose the next year to the same team, and I also have seen one team beating another team year after year...we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the playoffs.

Back to the thread topic, I wouldn't mind the Heat grabbing the 1 seed, let them deal with Boston.:cheers:

NumberSix
04-17-2012, 11:24 AM
Bulls fans are starting to get really bad.

TheMan
04-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Heat homers are starting to get really bad.
fixed

Tmuston Beltics
04-17-2012, 11:46 AM
Would be somewhat funny to see Miami lose their #1 seed by losing in Boston :(

D-Wade316
04-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Nope. Not if the Bulls lose 4-5 games during that stretch.

PJR
04-17-2012, 11:55 AM
Does it really matter? Heat in 5, home court or not home court.

pegasus
04-17-2012, 11:59 AM
That's not in their best interest, but they may. They need to make sure to get the HCA over OKC and SAS, so they can't lose games on purpose to avoid the Celtics in the second round.

nashwade
04-17-2012, 12:00 PM
No.1 seed potentially plays Boston in second round

All Net
04-17-2012, 12:01 PM
No I think bulls pretty much have it sorted, although whatever happens on Thursday would decide it if bulls win.

Miami shouldn't want the top seed anyway... They don't want no part of Boston.

pegasus
04-17-2012, 12:01 PM
Does it really matter? Heat in 5, home court or not home court.

Only against the Sixers maybe:roll: Every other team that they may face in the East will give him more trouble than that.

All Net
04-17-2012, 12:03 PM
I love when people use last year's playoffs results to predict this year's results:lol

That Heat homer who keeps insisting the Heat have proven they can beat the Bulls in Chicago, guess what, that was last year, doesn't mean anything today, sure Miami can win in Chicago but not because they "proved it last year" but because they are a good team and good teams can win anywhere, the Bulls CAN win at Miami in this year's playoffs regardless of the fact that they didn't last year. The Heat handled Boston in the playoffs last year, doesn't mean it'll happen again, the Mavs swept the Lakers last year, doesn't mean they'll do it again, Dallas handled Miami in the Finals, doesn't mean it will happen again...

I've watched the NBA since the mid 80s and I assure you that there are countless examples of one team beating another team one year only to lose the next year to the same team, and I also have seen one team beating another team year after year...we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the playoffs.

Back to the thread topic, I wouldn't mind the Heat grabbing the 1 seed, let them deal with Boston.:cheers:

I agree

If heat fans think this is the same bulls team that they beat last year they are in for a shock. Adding in rip for bogans and the improvement of everybody else is - big upgrade.

swi7ch
04-17-2012, 12:08 PM
hope not. if they do, bos is dangerous and heat would be stupid to want to face bos than indiana or even better, orlando (w/o d12).

swi7ch
04-17-2012, 12:10 PM
I agree

If heat fans think this is the same bulls team that they beat last year they are in for a shock. Adding in rip for bogans and the improvement of everybody else is - big upgrade.

is rose 100% healthy now? if he isn't, who cares about rip hamilton? chi isn't going anywhere without a healthy rose.

LBJDW305
04-17-2012, 12:11 PM
HCA is not wha will determine who will win if they face of in the finals...THAT'S ALL IM TRYING TO SAY!!! LAST YEAR WAS AN EXAMPLE

All Net
04-17-2012, 12:12 PM
HCA is not wha will determine who will win if they face of in the finals...THAT'S ALL IM TRYING TO SAY!!! LAST YEAR WAS AN EXAMPLE

the best team wins wether they have homecourt or not... We all should know that by now.

All Net
04-17-2012, 12:14 PM
is rose 100% healthy now? if he isn't, who cares about rip hamilton? chi isn't going anywhere without a healthy rose.

Rose should be fine as long as he doesn't re-injure himself again. I think the bulls are and have been extra careful with him.

As for rip? He can be a big x factor come playoff time... A guy who can get you 11-15 a game who has championship experience will always be an important factor in the playoffs.

Tenchi Ryu
04-17-2012, 12:17 PM
As for rip? He can be a big x factor come playoff time... A guy who can get you 11-15 a game who has championship experience will always be an important factor in the playoffs.
Add the fact that we are 2 weeks before the playoffs now,and Rip has recently been playing the best basketball in a bulls jersey. Just dropped 22 points last night. As a Bulls fan, this is VERY reassuring right now.

LWBMIA
04-17-2012, 12:17 PM
Chicago should play Boston this year since Heat did it last year and Heat don't need HCA against the Bulls.Heat is fine in the #2 spot...

cteach111
04-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Add the fact that we are 2 weeks before the playoffs now,and Rip has recently been playing the best basketball in a bulls jersey. Just dropped 22 points last night. As a Bulls fan, this is VERY reassuring right now.

thats great. now could you get the Bulls starting lineup to last for more than 5 games? Probably not.

Jimmy2k8
04-17-2012, 12:19 PM

Why do Heat bandwagon fans continue to use this excuse? I guess by that logic, the Bulls shouldn't have beaten the Pistons in 1990. After all, they lost to the Pistons the previous year(1989).

Or one other example, the Heat beating the Pistons back in 2006, a year after they got beat by the same Pistons team.

Just all around shitty logic on your part.

Tenchi Ryu
04-17-2012, 12:20 PM
thats great. now could you get the Bulls starting lineup to last for more than 5 games? Probably not.
Its gonna be much easier in the playoffs than the actual season. Bulls medical team has said a couple times that most of our injuries have been random injury after random injury, and the schedule has been a big part to blame. With the playoffs, its way better balanced, and proper rest time will be given compared to this crazy season.

nathanjizzle
04-17-2012, 12:20 PM
who cares who gets what seed. miami is going to get knocked out in the second round anyway

cteach111
04-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Its gonna be much easier in the playoffs than the actual season. Bulls medical team has said a couple times that most of our injuries have been random injury after random injury, and the schedule has been a big part to blame. With the playoffs, its way better balanced, and proper rest time will be given compared to this crazy season.

as great as the Bulls have played, the starting unit has hardly seen any time together. Their lack of experience could do them in come playoff time.

Tenchi Ryu
04-17-2012, 12:22 PM
who cares who gets what seed. miami is going to get knocked out in the second round anyway
Real talk, Miami sleeping on Pacers is gonna bite them. Us Bulls fans know personally that Pacers are gonna turn the scrappyness up ten fold in the post season.

Don't be surprised when Bosh and Wade start getting dirty elbows and shoves. I guarantee Miami is gonna HATE Hansborough by the end of that series.

Tenchi Ryu
04-17-2012, 12:24 PM
as great as the Bulls have played, the starting unit has hardly seen any time together. Their lack of experience could do them in come playoff time.
True, but the pistons game the other day gives us a sign of hope. Other than the careless turnovers which is the main reason Detroit stayed in the game, the starting 5 was really clicking well, and pretty much saved the game from the Bench Mob who was having a uncharacteristically bad night.

All Net
04-17-2012, 12:27 PM

They have 5 games here to figure it out and it's not like 4 of the starters are new... It's mainly just rip.

LWBMIA
04-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Real talk, Miami sleeping on Pacers is gonna bite them. Us Bulls fans know personally that Pacers are gonna turn the scrappyness up ten fold in the post season.

Don't be surprised when Bosh and Wade start getting dirty elbows and shoves. I guarantee Miami is gonna HATE Hansborough by the end of that series.

Heat will love to play the Pacers instead of the Celtics.

Pacers is a scrappy team that can give Heat a hard time but they don't have a Lebron or D-Wade so they really not beating Heat 4x in a series.It's just unlikely.

Pacers don't scare me at all.Maybe you Bull fans are afraid of playing them but not Heat fans...

cteach111
04-17-2012, 12:30 PM
They have 5 games here to figure it out and it's not like 4 of the starters are new... It's mainly just rip.

yeah and thats a big deal. It's not like Thibs is making the effort to fully incorporate Rip anyways.

What exactly is his role? He starts, plays about 20 minutes and then never sees any time in the 4th. Thibs has been going to guys he feels he can trust and have been on the court more like Korver.

(e)
04-17-2012, 12:32 PM
3 win lead with 5 games left. We got this.

All Net
04-17-2012, 12:32 PM
yeah and thats a big deal. It's not like Thibs is making the effort to fully incorporate Rip anyways.

What exactly is his role? He starts, plays about 20 minutes and then never sees any time in the 4th. Thibs has been going to guys he feels he can trust and have been on the court more like Korver.

I get the feeling thibs isn't trying to overload rip with minutes and not risking injury. Don't think it's down to not trusting rip. they like with rose are being extra careful.

Tenchi Ryu
04-17-2012, 12:33 PM

Yesterday was his first test, played 34 mins, and played in crunch time. Did pretty good too, although I feel he got shafted on that potential gamewinning 3 which was a foul imo.

Pointguard
04-17-2012, 12:33 PM
If anything Miami is more of a three player team this year and Chicago more of a complete team that is 9 deep. Chicago was not prepared for the playoffs last year and didn't have an offensive dimension. Miami has more pressure this year than last year and pressure got to them last year. This year OKC had a better duo and trio and team than them. Seriously, Miami has their work cut out for them. Its a great challenge Lebron.

All Net
04-17-2012, 12:34 PM
Yesterday was his first test, played 34 mins, and played in crunch time. Did pretty good too, although I feel he got shafted on that potential gamewinning 3 which was a foul imo.

You think rose and deng will both be back this week?

Tenchi Ryu
04-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Pacers don't scare me at all.Maybe you Bull fans are afraid of playing them but not Heat fans...
Its not them beating you that's the issue, its what they can do to you. Rose was injured last year in the post season, who's fault do you think that was?

Wouldn't be surprised if Heat come out pretty banged up. Especially Wade.

Pointguard
04-17-2012, 12:36 PM
Bulls fans are starting to get really bad.
Go back under your rock and shut up.

Tenchi Ryu
04-17-2012, 12:36 PM
You think rose and deng will both be back this week?
Hell, if you want my honest opinion, I think last night was Thibs using the opportunity of us playing the Wizards to rest the two. What really has me sold on this is the fact Deng ALSO sat, from a "rib injury", on his birthday of all days. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Pointguard
04-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Its not them beating you that's the issue, its what they can do to you. Rose was injured last year in the post season, who's fault do you think that was?

Wade isn't going to be driving on Indiana after the third game. Chicago was bigger and more used to contact than Indiana but they still came hard and used a lot of players to do it.

cteach111
04-17-2012, 12:40 PM
If anything Miami is more of a three player team this year and Chicago more of a complete team that is 9 deep. Chicago was not prepared for the playoffs last year and didn't have an offensive dimension. Miami has more pressure this year than last year and pressure got to them last year. This year OKC had a better duo and trio and team than them. Seriously, Miami has their work cut out for them. Its a great challenge Lebron.

i have no idea who will win this year. no idea whatsoever

gun to my head: gotta go with Miami

LBJDW305
04-17-2012, 12:41 PM
This years playoffs will be interesting...And to the idiot calling me a bandwagon fan. Well you proved yourself lol

All Net
04-17-2012, 12:45 PM

It is hard to predict just as it was last year.

I do think bulls stand a great chance if rose is able to play like D rose...if they get production out of rip they will be damn tough to beat 4 out of 7

The west is really wide open...

Pointguard
04-17-2012, 12:50 PM

Yeah, me too. I think this year has more candidates than usual. Heat, Bulls, OKC at the top but it wouldn't surprise me if the Lakers or Spurs won it.

TheMan
04-17-2012, 01:10 PM

I agree, a lot of teams can win it all, even the Celtics have a shot the way the Big 4 are playing. I wish the playoffs would just start already:banghead:

TheMan
04-17-2012, 01:16 PM

So true, Heat fans will end up hating the Pacers, they know they don't have the talent to beat you but they will come after you full throttle and knock you around

InfiniteBaskets
04-17-2012, 01:29 PM

This is the biggest injury I remember Derrick Rose suffering from last year's playoffs. Show me a bigger one from the Indiana/Chicago series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBk4MRmxLzQ

Tenchi Ryu
04-17-2012, 01:33 PM
This is the biggest injury I remember Derrick Rose suffering from last year's playoffs. Show me a bigger one from the Indiana/Chicago series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBk4MRmxLzQ
That was the ankle injury from the Atlanta series, the Pacers on the other hand were whooping his ass the entire series. Elbows, shoves, lowkey punches, it was a brutal series. He constantly would talk about how sore he was from them beating him up. At one point, it got to the point where the rest of the Bulls were getting sick of it, and started to fight back.

Next time when you get the chance next year, watch a Bulls Pacers game. Watch how when Hansborough comes onto the court, United Center boos the shit outta his ass. That's why.

DMAVS41
04-17-2012, 01:40 PM

It will be the same thing as last year. If Rose plays well....I think the Bulls will win. If he plays poorly again...they will lose.

swi7ch
04-17-2012, 01:43 PM
This CHI and MIA talk is really fascinating but we all know OKC will win the whole thing. :yaohappy::crazysam:

InfiniteBaskets
04-17-2012, 01:44 PM
That was the ankle injury from the Atlanta series, the Pacers on the other hand were whooping his ass the entire series. Elbows, shoves, lowkey punches, it was a brutal series. He constantly would talk about how sore he was from them beating him up. At one point, it got to the point where the rest of the Bulls were getting sick of it, and started to fight back.

Next time when you get the chance next year, watch a Bulls Pacers game. Watch how when Hansborough comes onto the court, United Center boos the shit outta his ass. That's why.

Bulls won the series 4-1. Although the I don't doubt the Pacers are a scrappy team, Miami's chances against them are much better than against Boston. If any team gets too physical with Miami it turns into a march to the free throw line.

IMO Boston has a better chance of knocking off either team, Bulls/Heat, than the Pacers do.

TheMan
04-17-2012, 02:09 PM
It will be the same thing as last year. If Rose plays well....I think the Bulls will win. If he plays poorly again...they will lose.
I agree, if he sucks again, we're in trouble. Rose doesn't even need to play his best basketball of his life to beat Miami, he just needs to play to his potential, he has a good team around him, he doesn't have to go hero ball.

All Net
04-17-2012, 02:11 PM
This CHI and MIA talk is really fascinating but we all know OKC will win the whole thing. :yaohappy::crazysam:

Don't know about that, like other teams in the west they have their weaknesses.

HiphopRelated
04-17-2012, 02:13 PM
I have no interest in the 1st seed, and Miami isn't aggressively chasing it either.

Wade's basically sitting out every game that's not nationally televised. Only reason Lebron is still playing is he wants the MVP.

cteach111
04-17-2012, 02:20 PM
I agree, if he sucks again, we're in trouble. Rose doesn't even need to play his best basketball of his life to beat Miami, he just needs to play to his potential, he has a good team around him, he doesn't have to go hero ball.

i think Rose's clutch style will be a concern come playoff time. His style works against everyone except for the Heat because they've got young, athletic guys just like him.

Against the Heat though, the ball needs to move, the floor needs to be spaced, and you have to have a reliable jumper. That's not Rose's game at this point.

Guys like Rose take time to develop the finesse, perimeter oriented style of game.

arifgokcen
04-17-2012, 02:59 PM
i think Rose's clutch style will be a concern come playoff time. His style works against everyone except for the Heat because they've got young, athletic guys just like him.

Against the Heat though, the ball needs to move, the floor needs to be spaced, and you have to have a reliable jumper. That's not Rose's game at this point.

Guys like Rose take time to develop the finesse, perimeter oriented style of game.
They dont have athletic guys they have lebron.(best crunch time defender)Thats entirely different.Teams like OKC are more athletic from 1-5 however they cant guard rose(last year)

Rose will be much better just give it a time.

However heat is just a bad matchup for them.Rose is one of the most athletic players in the game.He uses his athleticism more than anything else while scoring.However lebron maybe the only player who's more athletic than rose,lebron ability to lock down especially fastest pg's during crunch time will wreak havoc on bulls offense and bulls have only one option in crunch time.Heat actually have 3 options and even though most will not agree with me,they can close out games better than rose against quality defenses.

Best case scenario for bulls.They finish 2nd.Boston beats miami in 2nd round then bulls pummels celtics.Then finals.

TheMan
04-17-2012, 04:45 PM
They dont have athletic guys they have lebron.(best crunch time defender)Thats entirely different.Teams like OKC are more athletic from 1-5 however they cant guard rose(last year)

Rose will be much better just give it a time.

However heat is just a bad matchup for them.Rose is one of the most athletic players in the game.He uses his athleticism more than anything else while scoring.However lebron maybe the only player who's more athletic than rose,lebron ability to lock down especially fastest pg's during crunch time will wreak havoc on bulls offense and bulls have only one option in crunch time.Heat actually have 3 options and even though most will not agree with me,they can close out games better than rose against quality defenses.

Best case scenario for bulls.They finish 2nd.Boston beats miami in 2nd round then bulls pummels celtics.Then finals.
Rose needs to move without the ball more, when he doesn't have the rock, he basically just stands around. If he learns to move without the ball, he can recieve the ball at different angles with LBJ having to fight through screens and if they switch, Rose can attack the other defender, if they don't switch, with the space Rose gets, he could right away attack the rim without having LBJ in front of him.

The Bulls could also use him as a decoy to keep the Heat's best defender (LBJ) away from the paint, use ball movement to get other Bulls players shots and grab offensive rebounds.

There are several ways to attack the Heat, ISOing Rose from the top of the key vs LBJ is the worst way to go about it and I doubt we'll see the Bulls do it again...

cteach111
04-17-2012, 05:15 PM
There are several ways to attack the Heat, ISOing Rose from the top of the key vs LBJ is the worst way to go about it and I doubt we'll see the Bulls do it again...

he was doing it a bit in the pistons game. In overtime, the team started making plays and hitting shots.

The key though is that they must work together as a team. This hero ball stuff should only be used on a couple of possessions.

arifgokcen
04-17-2012, 05:48 PM
Rose needs to move without the ball more, when he doesn't have the rock, he basically just stands around. If he learns to move without the ball, he can recieve the ball at different angles with LBJ having to fight through screens and if they switch, Rose can attack the other defender, if they don't switch, with the space Rose gets, he could right away attack the rim without having LBJ in front of him.

The Bulls could also use him as a decoy to keep the Heat's best defender (LBJ) away from the paint, use ball movement to get other Bulls players shots and grab offensive rebounds.

I just dont see bulls using rose as a decoy.Its certainly intriguing.

However there is problem with your theories.Bulls doesnt have a second ball handler like miami does.Miami has basically three ball handlers in starting line-up.As good as deng is,he cant initiate the offense.Hamilton's job certainly doesnt fit the criteria too.

Thats the real problem with what you suggest.Dont you really think thibs didnt think of using rose as a decoy or use another player to initiate the offense.

Still the best option is rose with the ball.However instead of iso's they can run pick and roll to make miami switch.Rose can get blow by both wade and battier(probably he will be in during crunch time) much easier.This is i think the best option for bulls.I still dont think they can playing win this style.Only way i see bulls winning four out of seven is blowing out miami early on not let them get back into the game.Because if its close game seven or eight times
out of 10 miami will prevail

Tenchi Ryu
04-17-2012, 06:06 PM
I just dont see bulls using rose as a decoy.Its certainly intriguing.

However there is problem with your theories.Bulls doesnt have a second ball handler like miami does.Miami has basically three ball handlers in starting line-up.As good as deng is,he cant initiate the offense.Hamilton's job certainly doesnt fit the criteria too.

l
Nope, Rip is an excellent ball handler, and at times facilitates plays for teammates. Even Noah, of all people is a decent facilitator. His first triple dub this year was on points, rebounds and assists.

Lebron23
04-17-2012, 06:08 PM
Chicago are only 2 games ahead of the Heat. With or without HCA the Heat are capable of beating the Bulls. Let the Bulls face the Celtics in the 2nd round. Miami will have an much easier route in the finals if they finish the season as the 2nd seed.

LBJDW305
04-17-2012, 06:15 PM
Why is everyone so scared of the celtics anyways?

Lebron23
04-17-2012, 06:21 PM

This will be the Celtics final run as a top 4 team in the Eastern Conference. I think the Old Celtics will be a much tougher opponent than the Bulls in a best of 7 series.

Pointguard
04-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Chicago are only 2 games ahead of the Heat. With or without HCA the Heat are capable of beating the Bulls. Let the Bulls face the Celtics in the 2nd round. Miami will have an much easier route in the finals if they finish the season as the 2nd seed.
Be careful of what you wish for.

LBJDW305
04-17-2012, 06:23 PM
This will be the Celtics final run as a top 4 team in the Eastern Conference. I think the Old Celtics will be a much tougher opponent than the Bulls in a best of 7 series.

That's going overboard. Bulls and pacers are tougher then this years C's

Pointguard
04-17-2012, 06:25 PM
I think Lebron showed them a lot of respect last year - and they deserved it. Guys rarely show that type of reverence to another team.

Pointguard
04-17-2012, 06:33 PM
So noooobody else has to step up. They can triple team Rose and use all their resources on Rose and the other teammates don't have to play well.

Pointguard
04-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Rose had to go hero ball last year - nobody stepped up. If Miami uses all of their resources to gang up on Rose or strongly shadow him, somebody else has to step up. They weren't breaking traps last year. The Bulls severely lacked creators, shooters and finishers to give Rose room last year. Miami can do that to any team if their is only one player that's hurting them. When Rose had shooters and faced Lebron in the playoffs before, he was driving past him just like everybody else.

InfiniteBaskets
04-17-2012, 08:33 PM
That's going overboard. Bulls and pacers are tougher then this years C's

Bulls for the most part, yes. Pacers, maybe in the regular sesaon, but not during the playoffs. The Celtics bunch have way too much pride to just go out in what is most likely thier last year together like a bunch of bums. If they go down, you know they they go down leaving 110% on the court. This team has no tomorrow. Pacers on the other hand, are still young and developing.

I think it's a big part of why the Mavericks are struggling so much this year compared to last year. Sure they lost Tyson Chandler, but it's not like he's making the Knicks into contenders even with Melo and Stat + decent role players. It's the fact that Jason Kidd / Jason Terry / Dirk are not playing like their legacies depended on it.

If the chips fall in place, I look forward to watching a Bulls / Celtics series moreso than Heat / Pacers despite being a Heat fan.

EnoughSaid
04-17-2012, 09:50 PM
People are overrating the shit out of the Pacers. They're not that good. Just getting lucky with an easy schedule.

Lebron23
04-17-2012, 09:55 PM
People are overrating the shit out of the Pacers. They're not that good. Just getting lucky with an easy schedule.

Pacers are one player away from becoming a legit contender in the Eastern Conference.

Tenchi Ryu
04-17-2012, 09:58 PM
Pacers are one player away from becoming a legit contender in the Eastern Conference.
Agree, they need a closer.

Pharcyde
04-17-2012, 10:08 PM

Ehh, that wasn't really the issue last post season. It was more of a problem with offensive cohesiveness and lack of off-ball movement. Then when you add in the Bulls were not very good at shooting and you can pack the paint completely on Rose which is what happened.
This year it's a lot different. Better movement, better shooting, better passing. The Bulls also have Rip instead of a more offensively limited Brewer/Bogans at the end of games.

Pointguard
04-17-2012, 11:33 PM
I like Boston but they are tailor made for Chicago. Thibes knows the core like the back of his hand. All four of the Celts are players of incredible habit offensively. The Celts aren't fast enough to get away from Chicago's flood defense and they aren't big enough to go over them. They don't rebound that well and don't have a way to get easy points. They aren't versatile enough to change their spots. Rondo usually goes triple double happy in the playoffs but usually has problems with Rose. Boston's bench will be thoroughly outplayed. Chicago is also bigger and more athletic. Nor can Boston outbang them. After Experience Boston isn't doing that well.

Indiana, as compared to Boston is faster, longer, stronger, wider, more athletic, has a superior bench, will bang, can play a half court game, has a variety of looks, rebounds better and is the hottest team in the league at the right time. Not only that but they clog the middle as good as any team and that causes problems for Miami.

All Net
04-18-2012, 02:50 AM

They are good and are very physical. Which will give Miami some problems but if you are Miami you would rather face them than Boston.

poido123
04-18-2012, 03:45 AM
A structured team like Boston would certainly still be a danger to a flawed "Team" like Miami. NTM its Bostons last year with the big 3, and motivation to get square with miami from last year, Id love to see miami have to get through boston again.

As far as Bulls are concerned, I just want them to play any team that doesnt bang them up too much early, a walkover. So whichever team that is :confusedshrug: I dont like the choices of either pacers or boston though, both will be tough and will take some effort to beat.

poido123
04-18-2012, 03:52 AM
If heat win their matchup with the bulls i say 50/50, but atm bulls are likely to hold on.

All Net
04-18-2012, 03:54 AM
If heat win their matchup with the bulls i say 50/50, but atm bulls are likely to hold on.

Well if Miami wins thurs and bulls lose @ Indy it is possible but Miami would heed to win out... Possible but not sure Miami will go all out to do so.

DMAVS41
04-18-2012, 08:16 AM
So noooobody else has to step up. They can triple team Rose and use all their resources on Rose and the other teammates don't have to play well.

Of course other players have to play. Why do people want to argue semantics here constantly.

Sure, if Rose plays great and everyone else sucks they will lose. But if Rose shoots 35% again like he did last year and crumbles in crunch time again like he did last year...the Bulls won't win.

I picked the Bulls last year and I'll pick the Bulls again this year. And I think that Rose can and will play a lot better this year. And the Bulls are just better in my opinion.

But Rose is going to have to play really well. If he does...with home court and that edge in terms of defense and rebounding....I think the Bulls win in 6.

Duncan21formvp
04-18-2012, 08:55 AM
Well Chicago needs HCA over Miami much more.

Pointguard
04-18-2012, 09:46 AM
Of course other players have to play. Why do people want to argue semantics here constantly.

Sure, if Rose plays great and everyone else sucks they will lose. But if Rose shoots 35% again like he did last year and crumbles in crunch time again like he did last year...the Bulls won't win.

I picked the Bulls last year and I'll pick the Bulls again this year. And I think that Rose can and will play a lot better this year. And the Bulls are just better in my opinion.

But Rose is going to have to play really well. If he does...with home court and that edge in terms of defense and rebounding....I think the Bulls win in 6.

It's not semantics, its the complexity of the game. A simple Rose does well, fails to acknowledge several other major factors. When Detroit beat the Lakers a few years back one could have easily said if Shaq gets thirty the Lakers win. They put single coverage on Shaq and he got 30 plus and they were practically swept.

The championship formula is at least two players doing major business. Kobe and Bynum, Wade and Lebron or the higher scoring Durant and West are way more typical of championship teams than single headed teams without step up players. Which almost never happens.

francesco totti
04-18-2012, 09:48 AM
what are the tiebreakers in case they tie with same record?

DMAVS41
04-18-2012, 09:52 AM
It's not semantics, its the complexity of the game. A simple Rose does well, fails to acknowledge several other major factors. When Detroit beat the Lakers a few years back one could have easily said if Shaq gets thirty the Lakers win. They put single coverage on Shaq and he got 30 plus and they were practically swept.

The championship formula is at least two players doing major business. Kobe and Bynum, Wade and Lebron or the higher scoring Durant and West are way more typical of championship teams than single headed teams without step up players. Which almost never happens.

It is simply because one shouldn't have to debate the obvious. Do you really think anyone is going to dispute that if the rest of the Bulls suck ass that its not going to impact the outcome?

The reason I didn't mention it is simply because its obvious...and the simple fact that Rose has a supporting cast that does certain things well that are likely to remain constant. Meaning defense and rebounding. You very rarely see that go away in the playoffs.

So by far the most important factor for the Bulls against the Heat will simply be Rose. He's the "inconsistent" part of the Bulls. Not the supporting cast. The supporting cast is what it is. A team that can rebound and defend unlike any other team in the league. That is likely not going to change.

What is more likely to change...and did change last year from the regular season is that Rose went from a solid 55% TS efficiency mark to sub 50% TS in the playoffs. He went from 45/33/86 splits to 40/25/82 splits. And he was inept late in close games.

Pretty sure its not going to matter what the supporting cast does if there is a repeat performance.

Brickz187
04-18-2012, 10:09 AM
I don't care if they catch up to them or not. As long as the Heat get it all together I'm good. Are the Bulls a threat? Of course they are. Don't let the bandwagon Heat fans tell you otherwise. Hell, every team is a threat against the Heat because we are the Heat and everyone wants to see us lose.

TheMan
04-18-2012, 10:19 AM
I don't care if they catch up to them or not. As long as the Heat get it all together I'm good. Are the Bulls a threat? Of course they are. Don't let the bandwagon Heat fans tell you otherwise. Hell, every team is a threat against the Heat because we are the Heat and everyone wants to see us lose.
I can tell you are a Heat fan pre-Big 3, respect.

I agree, most of the big mouthed "Heat fans" are actually former "Cavs fans" that jumped ship the moment their idol skipped town. I bet they also were cocky a few years ago about how the Cavs were gonna run over Boston/Orlando:oldlol:

Still haven't learned their lesson:facepalm

Pointguard
04-18-2012, 10:28 AM
It is simply because one shouldn't have to debate the obvious. Do you really think anyone is going to dispute that if the rest of the Bulls suck ass that its not going to impact the outcome?

Suck and step up are two different things and you constantly try to blurr the two. I never said the rest of the team sucks. But they must finish, break traps, score and be playing in the 4th quarter. You keep trying to imply its obvious but you still don't get it.

So by far the most important factor for the Bulls against the Heat will simply be Rose. He's the "inconsistent" part of the Bulls. Not the supporting cast. The supporting cast is what it is. A team that can rebound and defend unlike any other team in the league. That is likely not going to change.
Once again. I said step up. That's something you keep missing. When SA had those great defensive teams they always had step up players that helped them win it. When Detroit had that great run Billups, Sheed and Hamiliton stepped up. When Dallas won it last year the whole team stepped up.

What is more likely to change...and did change last year from the regular season is that Rose went from a solid 55% TS efficiency mark to sub 50% TS in the playoffs. He went from 45/33/86 splits to 40/25/82 splits. And he was inept late in close games.

Pretty sure its not going to matter what the supporting cast does if there is a repeat performance.
Its interrelated. If the team breaks a trap, makes outside shots, finish at the rim, make their defender stay honest, Miami can't expend 60% of its resources on Rose... If somebody steps up Rose shoots better. Miami was the quickest defensive team in the league and cheated off of other players to make it hard on Rose or any isolated player. Is this hard to be understood?

swi7ch
04-18-2012, 10:41 AM
If the playoffs started today, MIA will be facing the Knicks! They need to either move up to #1 to face the lowly Bucks or drop down to #3 to face the no-chance Magic (w/o Howard).

DMAVS41
04-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Suck and step up are two different things and you constantly try to blurr the two. I never said the rest of the team sucks. But they must finish, break traps, score and be playing in the 4th quarter. You keep trying to imply its obvious but you still don't get it.

Once again. I said step up. That's something you keep missing. When SA had those great defensive teams they always had step up players that helped them win it. When Detroit had that great run Billups, Sheed and Hamiliton stepped up. When Dallas won it last year the whole team stepped up.

Its interrelated. If the team breaks a trap, makes outside shots, finish at the rim, make their defender stay honest, Miami can't expend 60% of its resources on Rose... If somebody steps up Rose shoots better. Miami was the quickest defensive team in the league and cheated off of other players to make it hard on Rose or any isolated player. Is this hard to be understood?

But what you don't get is that the supporting cast did "step up" last year. The Bulls made the ECF despite Rose's average play. And in the ECF...that supporting cast did more than enough to allow the Bulls to win each game they lost. 2 of those games the Bulls had a lead going to the 4th despite Rose playing very poorly...and the other 2 were very close going into the last few minutes.

And considering the supporting cast is just flat out better this year....my opinion is that Rose will once again be the determining factor.

No team is going to win a title or beat a team like the Heat with their best player playing like Rose did last year in the ECF. Plenty of stars could beat the Heat with the way the Bulls supporting cast played last year in the ECF. That distinction is what you are missing.

nightprowler10
04-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Thing is you guys shouldn't care as much as us about HCA anyway. It obviously didn't make a difference last year.

TheMan
04-18-2012, 11:51 AM
Thing is you guys shouldn't care as much as us about HCA anyway. It obviously didn't make a difference last year.
It could be the difference this year, though. Would much rather have Game 7 at home than on the road.

All Net
04-18-2012, 11:54 AM

Just because it wasn't last year doesn't mean it won't matter this time.

pegasus
04-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Just because it wasn't last year doesn't mean it won't matter this time.
Agreed. Especially with the way Miami has played on the road this year.

All Net
04-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Agreed. Especially with the way Miami has played on the road this year.

Homecourt can be huge when two evenly matched teams face off. It was huge for us when we beat the celtics. It decided the series really. Yeah sometimes it doesn't factor in but it certainly can in certain situations.

(e)
04-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Maybe we shouldn't even care about the Playoffs then? Since the Mavs won last year, obviously it doesn't make a difference who they play, they will win it again.

Dumb logic is dumb.

Bulls getting HCA is better than them not getting it. If there is a game 7, I'd rather it be in Chicago 100% of the time. Historically, the winner of game 7 is the home team, more often than the away team. (80% of the time, the home team wins)

nightprowler10
04-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Ugh, obviously I could've stated my point better (though the aggressive responses do get tiring).

What I meant was that the HCA was a non-factor for the Heat last year. Won without it in the ECF, lost with it in the finals. To me, it'll be the difference between if they can learn how to play the right way when it matters between winning and losing. To the Bulls, HCA does make a huge difference. I don't know if that makes any sense but its obvious to me that HCA matters more to some types of teams than others.

TheMan
04-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Ugh, obviously I could've stated my point better (though the aggressive responses do get tiring).

What I meant was that the HCA was a non-factor for the Heat last year. Won without it in the ECF, lost with it in the finals. To me, it'll be the difference between if they can learn how to play the right way when it matters between winning and losing. To the Bulls, HCA does make a huge difference. I don't know if that makes any sense but its obvious to me that HCA matters more to some types of teams than others.
So you are saying if the Bulls don't have HCA against any of 7 EC teams, they can't win?
You do realize they have the best road record in the NBA, right? 22-8

Rose
04-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Losing to Washington realllllyyy hurt. But I think we got this one still.

Dengness9
04-18-2012, 05:02 PM
Bulls will still grab the 1 seed. They will not lose to Charlotte tonight. The Wiz game was one thing, but the Bobcats are insanely terrible as we all know.

I think the Bulls will lose in Miami on thursday and then either win out or lose 1 more but somewhere in the last however many games, the Heat will lose 1 too.

So basically I see the Bulls finishing 1 loss less than Miami.

nightprowler10
04-18-2012, 05:44 PM
So you are saying if the Bulls don't have HCA against any of 7 EC teams, they can't win?
You do realize they have the best road record in the NBA, right? 22-8
How do you come to that conclusion from what I said?!

Kurosawa0
04-18-2012, 05:55 PM
I wouldn't want the #1 seed if I'm Miami. Make Chicago face Boston in the second round.

zizozain
04-22-2012, 12:51 AM
Chicago 48 -16
Miami 45 -18

San Antonio 46 -16
Oklahoma City 46 -17

Dengness9
04-22-2012, 05:40 AM
Bulls will still grab the 1 seed. They will not lose to Charlotte tonight. The Wiz game was one thing, but the Bobcats are insanely terrible as we all know.

I think the Bulls will lose in Miami on thursday and then either win out or lose 1 more but somewhere in the last however many games, the Heat will lose 1 too.

I told ya guys.

Glide2keva
04-22-2012, 09:23 AM

:applause:

That Wizards loss for Miami realy hurt them.

Bulls magic number = 1

All Net
04-22-2012, 09:44 AM
:applause:

That Wizards loss for Miami realy hurt them.

Bulls magic number = 1

Wizards playing their role for both teams the last few weeks..