PDA

View Full Version : Why do Laker fans hate Chris Paul?

Ol Dirty Bastard
04-17-2012, 09:44 AM
Are they scared? Still upset?
Chris Paul was booed at the Dodger game this past Sunday when he was introduced as being a guest.

Same old classy LA. I have some friends (laker fans) who were laughing about this and saying how much of a bitch CP3 is.

Weren't Laker fans jacking off that afternoon when Lakers had CP3 for a couple hours? They should be booing David Stern.

Got damn Kobe stans

Yao Ming's Foot
04-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Why are Clippers fans so sensitive? Opposing team fans are not going to cheer for your players.

:roll:

Extempo
04-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Shut up you imbecile. Our team is doing better than the Clippers so we don't even think about CP3 anymore. Sessions is perfect for a team with Kobe AND Bynum.

Also, it was DODGERS fans (not Kobe fans) who booed Paul...do the math if you have a brain...clearly nobody in LA likes the Clippers, including baseball fans haha. Nice reality check for Paul.

Jimmy2k8
04-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Do not care about Chris Paul, therefor I have the right to boo Chris Paul. Mad OP?

Extempo
04-17-2012, 09:54 AM
BTW Kobe showed up at the LA Kings game the same day and received insanely loud cheers. Shows you the difference between how much people in LA respect Kobe and the Lakers as opposed to Paul and the Clippers.

So don't be bitter you Clipper fan/Kobe hater/whatever the OP is.

I<3NBA
04-17-2012, 09:58 AM
it's not only Laker fans who hate Chris Paul. he really got hated with all this flopping business.

Thechosen1
04-17-2012, 10:02 AM
it was classless because he had his family there, brought his son to his first baseball game, and to hear his dad get booed is just out of line....its just a ****ing sport. ****ing losers.

gtfomyface
04-17-2012, 10:10 AM
he's a really good player, but his attitude and flopping on court isn't exactly likable

I<3NBA
04-17-2012, 10:11 AM
it was classless because he had his family there, brought his son to his first baseball game, and to hear his dad get booed is just out of line....its just a ****ing sport. ****ing losers.
kid is probably used to hearing his dad get booed. i mean, if he watches his dad's road games, he pretty much hears boos for his dad all the time.

Thechosen1
04-17-2012, 10:35 AM
kid is probably used to hearing his dad get booed. i mean, if he watches his dad's road games, he pretty much hears boos for his dad all the time.

his kid doesn't go to road games...so no

Phong
04-17-2012, 10:49 AM
****ing whiny ******s.. if you don't like the boos, embrace the hate and shut them up with your play. :facepalm

Clippers fans acting like ******* begging people to like them.

Soultrane
04-17-2012, 10:54 AM
While I agree this isn't a big deal at all, Chris Paul is one of the most likable players in the league. Especially off the court.

So no, I don't understand why he was being booed while he did very little to antagonize that reaction. Frankly, I don't care that much that he was.

Darius
04-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Are they scared? Still upset?
Chris Paul was booed at the Dodger game this past Sunday when he was introduced as being a guest.

Same old classy LA. I have some friends (laker fans) who were laughing about this and saying how much of a bitch CP3 is.

Weren't Laker fans jacking off that afternoon when Lakers had CP3 for a couple hours? They should be booing David Stern.

Got damn Kobe stans

Quite simple:

They Mad. :mad:

Punpun
04-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Wait. Any non Lakers players IS a rival. Thus as the Lakers crowd you have the right to boo them. That's what competition is all about.

What is mind staggering is when you have a NJ crowd chanting MVP chant to LBJ, Or atlanta's crowd chanting MVP to Kobe etc.

Mr. Jabbar
04-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Dude, I fkn Love CP3..., just not when hes playing against us...

winwin
04-17-2012, 11:23 AM
OP are you clippersfan86 ?

whiny ******s

Godzuki
04-17-2012, 11:25 AM
CP3 does seem like a asshole on the court and the way he carries himself. is there a clip of him being booed? i'd like to see that...

Crown&Coke
04-17-2012, 11:57 AM
never like Chris Paul since he punched Julius Hodge in the balls. I'm all for tough and gritty play, but that has no place in ball

Didn't like the proposed Pau/LO for CP3 swap in the first place

Has nothing to do with fear or resentment or any of that. I just like DWilliams better, and that has fueled my continued dislike of the guy. Is he an awesome player, hell yea, but I dont have to like him

ashlar
04-17-2012, 12:03 PM
Love CP3 and his game. Love the attitude that he carries on the court with him. Hate Blake Griffin though. Dude is a straight up punk. And what do you expect from the Dodger crowd? A majority of Dodger fans are Laker fans. Fans of any city with two sports teams in a rivalry would act the same way.

LA_Showtime
04-17-2012, 12:08 PM
I don't hate Chris Paul, but if I did it would have nothing to do with being scared or mad. Considering I don't know anyone who personally plays in the NBA, it'd be pretty stupid to hold some type of grudge against some guy who might be an awesome person in "real life." I do, however, think Clippers fans who think we as Lakers fans are threatened by them are complete dipshits. We don't care about you guys; you guys haven't done shit. For crying out loud, your nickname is "Lob City" and we have more lobs than you guys do. :oldlol:

senelcoolidge
04-17-2012, 02:12 PM
All of this CP3 and Griffin hate comes from insecurity. Los Angeles must be a real shitty town for people to do something so class-less. Sounds like typical laker fans. Paul is a stand up guy. He's enjoying the game with his small son, yet they boo him. Am sure he will like the lakers even more. Fuel the fire. Fans like that don't deserve a CP3 or Griffin. Night and day from real Clipper fans. Keep it classy laker fans..oh wait you have none.

LakersReign
04-17-2012, 02:22 PM
All of this CP3 and Griffin hate comes from insecurity. Los Angeles must be a real shitty town for people to do something so class-less. Sounds like typical laker fans. Paul is a stand up guy. He's enjoying the game with his small son, yet they boo him. Am sure he will like the lakers even more. Fuel the fire. Fans like that don't deserve a CP3 or Griffin. Night and day from real Clipper fans. Keep it classy laker fans..oh wait you have none.

Just gotta love it how haters with nothing better to do come in here inventing sh*t, just to have something to say. Love the hilarious generalizations going on here. First it was clippersfan86 in here talking bout ALL Laker fans are Dodgers fans. Never mind the FACT that I've ALWAYS been a Yankees fan. Now it's how ALL Laker fans supposedly hate Chris Paul. The only thing most if not ALL Lakers fans don't like about CP3 was losing L.O. and trying to trade Pau to get him....that's it. Anything else is just a fabrication of some idiots with nothing better to do.

TOUCH MY BODY
04-17-2012, 02:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9V_WfHPzoA

donald_trump
04-17-2012, 02:27 PM
because shes the new pretty girl in school.
kobe was used to everyone kissing her ass in LA, but now this new chick came along, and now shes the hip one everyone is talking about and wanting to hang out with.
so kobe and all her freinds hate on chris now.

TOUCH MY BODY
04-17-2012, 02:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7zn_63uga8

TOUCH MY BODY
04-17-2012, 02:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbHA0g-bWXs

Fiasco
04-17-2012, 02:38 PM
I don't understand why you would boo Chris Paul at a baseball game.

senelcoolidge
04-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Could someone post the thousands of flops kobe, pau, fisher, barnes, lakers etc have done since kobe came into the league..this whole website would collapse. It's insurmountable.

BlackVVaves
04-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Why are Clippers fans around here always vying to get positive attention, to get people to like the Clippers? :roll:

People dislike players and teams in every league of every sport. Grow up.

b0bab0i
04-17-2012, 02:44 PM
OP are you clippersfan86 ?

whiny ******s
ODB is a clippers fan but he is not clippersfan86, he hates CF86 infact.

BlackVVaves
04-17-2012, 02:46 PM
I don't understand why you would boo Chris Paul at a baseball game.

Who knows. Baseball fans in LA that happened to be at the game don't like him. That's all you can take from that. Everything else is assumption based on opinion.

Fiasco
04-17-2012, 02:50 PM
Who knows. Baseball fans in LA that happened to be at the game don't like him. That's all you can take from that. Everything else is assumption based on opinion.

Booing him was still the most retarded thing they could have done. Jeer him when he's playing, not when he's enjoying a game with his son.

It's not even the same sport for goodness sake.

b0bab0i
04-17-2012, 02:52 PM
CP3 will be the one bringing an NBA championship to LA after GODBE retires.

:yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy:

BlackVVaves
04-17-2012, 02:53 PM
CP3 will be the one bringing an NBA championship to LA after GODBE retires.

:yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy:

Okay...?

BlackVVaves
04-17-2012, 02:54 PM
Booing him was still the most retarded thing they could have done. Jeer him when he's playing, not when he's enjoying a game with his son.

It's not even the same sport for goodness sake.

Yea. Probably sucked for him and his son.

b0bab0i
04-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Okay...?
In short, LA Dodgers fans are dumbasses, the same ones that root for the Raiders.

04-17-2012, 03:06 PM

Los Angeles is not a town buddy, it's a large city with a massive metropolitan area, you know with a ton of people?

But you're right, stay the **** out of LA we don't need anymore idiots than we already have like any other heavily populated area.

I'm a fan of the Clippers I've watched most of their games this season (I am a Laker fan first), I like CP3. I guess your assumptions are just that.

G-Funk
04-17-2012, 03:57 PM
This thread and anyone crying deserves a big :facepalm

amfirst
04-17-2012, 04:04 PM
We lakers fans could care less for CP3. Bynum + sessions > CP3. Glad we didn't do the trade. Someone is insecure much...

ImmortalD24
04-17-2012, 04:05 PM
Dude, I fkn Love CP3..., just not when hes playing against us...
I like Chris Paul.. But I wouldn't go out of my way to cheer for the guy.

SpecialQue
04-17-2012, 04:18 PM
I'm a Laker fan and I like Chris Paul.

Now I wouldn't say you'd suck a dick, but you'd definitely hold one in your mouth until the swelling went down.

DKLaker
04-17-2012, 06:45 PM
BTW Kobe showed up at the LA Kings game the same day and received insanely loud cheers. Shows you the difference between how much people in LA respect Kobe and the Lakers as opposed to Paul and the Clippers.

So don't be bitter you Clipper fan/Kobe hater/whatever the OP is.

:cheers: It's a Lakers/Dodgers town.......not ever going to change.
Truth is that the Clippers should've moved to Anaheim not Staples Center.

krazymofo
04-17-2012, 06:46 PM
My theory is once the clippers get sent out of the 1st round these clipper fans will back into hiding like have been doing for the last several years.

Clippersfan86
04-17-2012, 06:49 PM
My theory is once the clippers get sent out of the 1st round these clipper fans will back into hiding like have been doing for the last several years.

Yea because myself and the other fans here were hiding just last year when we were a lottery team :rolleyes: . Look pal... I know you're a bit uncomfortable with the Clippers dominating the NBA right now... but don't assume everybody is a new fan :oldlol: . Hottest team in the NBA and it's still hard for you guys to give props. 12 wins in 14 games.. the only two losses being to the red hot Grizzlies and Lakers, both of which Clippers had a good chance to win in the last minute.

qrich
04-17-2012, 06:54 PM
They are simply insecure that the Clippers are making moves and improving. Back in 06 (I believe it was), iirc, Cassell had issues off the court as well, and he isn't as classy as Paul is. I feel bad for Paul and his son, but as a Clipper fan, as much as it pisses me off, it also makes me smile as it shows that the Clippers are on the right track.

Now, don't mess it up Sterling.

Like all of you bandwagon Heat fans?

Laker4Lyfe
04-17-2012, 07:07 PM
Yea because myself and the other fans here were hiding just last year when we were a lottery team :rolleyes: . Look pal... I know you're a bit uncomfortable with the Clippers dominating the NBA right now... but don't assume everybody is a new fan :oldlol: . Hottest team in the NBA and it's still hard for you guys to give props. 12 wins in 14 games.. the only two losses being to the red hot Grizzlies and Lakers, both of which Clippers had a good chance to win in the last minute.

It's attitudes like this that make the people in L.A. boo Chris Paul at a Dodgers game.

Until you have as many banners hanging in the Staples Center Center as the Sparks, maybe you should tone down the arrogance.

Fiasco
04-17-2012, 07:09 PM
Like all of you bandwagon Heat fans?

/jugular

Clippersfan86
04-17-2012, 07:10 PM
It's attitudes like this that make the people in L.A. boo Chris Paul at a Dodgers game.

Until you have as many banners hanging in the Staples Center Center as the Sparks, maybe you should tone down the arrogance.

Lakers fans have been chanting "Clippers suck!" after every win for about two months now. You mean to tell me it's arrogant Clippers fans who caused this? :roll: . Get real dude... I've been in So Cal my entire life and if you have too... you would be smarter than that.

14 years as a Clippers fan and I've been around the block when it comes to how Lakers fans+Clippers fans carry themselves. Hell I work at a sports bar right now the last 4 months... and almost everybody, both employees and guests are Lakers fans with a handful of us Clippers fans. It doesn't take a genius to see that most Lakers fans are uncomfortable with the success of the Clippers right now.

Not sure why considering the Lakers are the best franchise in NBA history. All I can think of is that they are used to being able to use the Clippers as a punchline and were used to them being the terrible little brother and that's obviously changed. Now it's a true division rivalry.

Laker4Lyfe
04-17-2012, 07:34 PM
Lakers fans have been chanting "Clippers suck!" after every win for about two months now. You mean to tell me it's arrogant Clippers fans who caused this? :roll: . Get real dude... I've been in So Cal my entire life and if you have too... you would be smarter than that.

14 years as a Clippers fan and I've been around the block when it comes to how Lakers fans+Clippers fans carry themselves. Hell I work at a sports bar right now the last 4 months... and almost everybody, both employees and guests are Lakers fans with a handful of us Clippers fans. It doesn't take a genius to see that most Lakers fans are uncomfortable with the success of the Clippers right now.

Not sure why considering the Lakers are the best franchise in NBA history. All I can think of is that they are used to being able to use the Clippers as a punchline and were used to them being the terrible little brother and that's obviously changed. Now it's a true division rivalry.
First of all I'm not a "dude" and second I'm sure i've been living in L.A. longer than you have been alive.

I was in L.A. BEFORE the Clippers, hell my son was BORN BEFORE the Clippers came to L.A. so I don't need a lesson from you on the NBA in Los Angeles, but thanks anyway.

I stand by what I said if you choose to disagree that's your right, but don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about because you have no clue about me or what I know.

The last time the Clippers had a team with a winning record there where no "Clippers sucks" chants heard in Los Angeles.

You want to know why? Because that team unlike this one didn't act like they were the new "kings of L.A." when they UNDERSTOOD that they hadn't actually WON crap.

These Clippers and fans like yourself act like a good regular season = some sort of greatness. In a city where that doesn't mean SHIT.

Like I said... when the Clippers have more banners hanging in Staples than the Sparks do.. then try talking.

edit: Oh and one more thing.. in order for there to be a "rivalry" the Clippers would actually have to WIN SOMETHING.

winwin
04-17-2012, 07:38 PM
First of all I'm not a "dude" and second I'm sure i've been living in L.A. longer than you have been alive.

I was in L.A. BEFORE the Clippers, hell my son was BORN BEFORE the Clippers came to L.A. so I don't need a lesson from you on the NBA in Los Angeles, but thanks anyway.

I stand by what I said if you choose to disagree that's your right, but don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about because you have no clue about me or what I know.

The last time the Clippers had a team with a winning record there where no "Clippers sucks" chants heard in Los Angeles.

You want to know why? Because that team unlike this one didn't act like they were the new "kings of L.A." when they UNDERSTOOD that they hadn't actually WON crap.

These Clippers and fans like yourself act like a good regular season = some sort of greatness. In a city where that doesn't mean SHIT.

Like I said... when the Clippers have more banners hanging in Staples than the Sparks do.. then try talking.

edit: Oh and one more thing.. in order for there to be a "rivalry" the Clippers would actually have to WIN SOMETHING.

:applause: :applause:

Clippersfan86 pay respect and leave

Clippersfan86
04-17-2012, 07:41 PM

Your reading comprehension could stand to be improved. I said DIVISION rivalry meaning the teams are competing for the division title right now with a 1 game difference. Had the Clippers let's say been 5 games behind I'm 100 percent certain Lakers fans wouldn't be lashing out and trying to establish their dominance over Clippers fans every day.

If you can't acknowledge the immaturity of a large portion of your fanbase that's your problem. If you think all the hate the Clippers have gotten this year is brought by themselves, that again is your ignorance. While Lakers players are bagging on the Clippers in the media and crying about flopping.. the Clippers players have kept their mouths shut.

Maybe you need to put yourself in the shoes of an oppressed fanbase for once rather than carry yourself like a pampered fan. If a Lakers fan of all people... wants to point put the arrogance of ANY other fanbase... that's your own denial. Not even Celtics fans run their mouths like Lakers fans and trust me there are plenty of Boston transplants in LA.

BTW nice typical Lakers fan copout of the whole "Well until you have championships you can't talk". Talk about predictable. I suppose only Celtics fans have the right to question the almighty logic of Lakers fans. Nice try but you lose respect when you try to pull that card out.

Laker4Lyfe
04-17-2012, 07:45 PM
Your reading comprehension could stand to be improved. I said DIVISION rivalry meaning the teams are competing for the division title right now with a 1 game difference. Had the Clippers let's say been 5 games behind I'm 100 percent certain Lakers fans wouldn't be lashing out and trying to establish their dominance over Clippers fans every day.

If you can't acknowledge the immaturity of a large portion of your fanbase that's your problem. If you think all the hate the Clippers have gotten this year is brought by themselves, that again is your ignorance. While Lakers players are bagging on the Clippers in the media and crying about flopping.. the Clippers players have kept their mouths shut.

Maybe you need to put yourself in the shoes of an oppressed fanbase for once rather than carry yourself like a pampered fan. If a Lakers fan of all people... wants to point put the arrogance of ANY other fanbase... that's your own denial. Not even Celtics fans run their mouths like Lakers fans and trust me there are plenty of Boston transplants in LA.

Sweetie if you feel "oppressed" over basketball I deeply pity you.

You have a nice day.

Clippersfan86
04-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Sweetie if you feel "oppressed" over basketball I deeply pity you.

You have a nice day.

Obviously an exaggeration and maybe even a figure of speech. Point is... rather than defending the bonehead Lakers fans that give you a bad name, own up to it rather than blaming Clippers for bringing it on themselves. Okay so the Clippers go after refs. So what? They are a VERY good group of guys off the court who are extremely humble when they talk to the media. You're dead wrong with your analysis.

REACTION
04-17-2012, 07:52 PM

The team is acting like that?

or is the media gobbling up this "Battle of LA" narrative?

Laker4Lyfe
04-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Obviously an exaggeration and maybe even a figure of speech. Point is... rather than defending the bonehead Lakers fans that give you a bad name, own up to it rather than blaming Clippers for bringing it on themselves. Okay so the Clippers go after refs. So what? They are a VERY good group of guys off the court who are extremely humble when they talk to the media. You're dead wrong with your analysis.

See that's the thing... nobody gives ME a bad name except ME so save that for somebody else.

I'm not defending anyone about anything I'm STATING MY OPINION and HOW I and quite a few others that I know feel about this years Clippers team.

If you disagree that's you.. but don't tell me I'm wrong for what I see and how I feel.

SpecialQue
04-17-2012, 07:53 PM

This.

Laker4Lyfe
04-17-2012, 07:58 PM

After the Clippers beat the Lakers in the pre-season I saw comments by THEM.

And for the record I'm born and raised in Los Angeles, have never lived anywhere else.

Up until this year I cheered for the Clippers and always wanted them to do well.

That's the funny thing people call Lakers fans arrogant..

Well I'm from L.A. and NOTHING would give me greater joy than an all L.A. WCF so this idea that I'm "jealous" or some other nonsense is just that.

I don't like the arrogance and cockiness when they haven't won shit.

qrich
04-17-2012, 08:00 PM

And for the record I'm born and raised in Los Angeles, have never lived anywhere else.

Up until this year I cheered for the Clippers and always wanted them to do well.

That's the funny thing people call Lakers fans arrogant..

Well I'm from L.A. and NOTHING would give me greater joy than an all L.A. WCF so this idea that I'm "jealous" or some other nonsense is just that.

I don't like the arrogance and cockiness when they haven't won shit.

Give me links with direct quotes by "them" please.

Edit: Not starting shit, just curious on these quotes.

zizozain
04-17-2012, 08:03 PM
lol Clippersfan86 receiving an ass whooping so good that you could have sworn it was in HD

good job lady (Laker4Lyfe)

REACTION
04-17-2012, 08:03 PM

What were the comments? Maybe I missed them. But I personally haven't seen any arrogant statements from the players. It has seemed like they knew full well that they were unproven and would have to work hard to make it to the playoffs and further.

TOUCH MY BODY
04-17-2012, 08:14 PM

:bowdown:

Laker4Lyfe
04-17-2012, 08:19 PM
Give me links with direct quotes by "them" please.

Edit: Not starting shit, just curious on these quotes.

Don't have links to the local news sorry.

CavaliersFTW
04-17-2012, 08:48 PM
OP so mad cause Clippers the most hated franchise in the NBA :lol

Ol Dirty Bastard
04-17-2012, 09:27 PM
Okay I'm going to clear some stuff up.
I completely agree with the fact that CP3 would get booed just because he is the #1 player on an opposing team, which just happens to be in the same city.

My main problem is that I've yet to talk to a laker fan, except for 1 at work, that doesn't just talk shit about every single thing non-laker. Example; just today I was talking to a friend(laker fan) of mine about last night's game and he couldn't just agree that it was an impressive win from LAC. He had so many excuses and eventually he just kept insulting Blake, Paul and Young.

Me being a fan of the NBA in general I pay respect to great players and the hard work teams put in day in-day out. I hate the Spurs with a damn passion and yet to this day Tim Duncan is still one of my all time favorite players. I've never felt like insulting a person because they're not Clipper fans yet so so many Laker fans do just that - talk shit and argue the "16x champs"

Yes we know LA Lakers = The NY Yankees of the NBA
The Lakers do run LA, maybe even the dodgers (history mainly), but show some damn maturity ****ing LA fans.
Remember these "Dodger" thug fans pretty much killed a Giants fan last year.

colorz
04-17-2012, 10:35 PM
What have the Clippers done to cause any hate? They dont talk trash to the media and they've stayed humble all season. All you hear out of this team in the media is how they want to get ready for the playoffs. None of them have guaranteed WCF or Finals, they're just playing each game at a time. Every time they've been asked about a "rivalry" they always say there isn't one.

And people need to cool it on this "Flop City" thing, everybody knows they flop, but so does every other team. People can't give this team any credit without calling them "Flop City".