:pimp:

spiegel
04-17-2012, 11:57 PM
lin only fans are nowhere to be seen.Melo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lin

LoneyROY7
04-17-2012, 11:57 PM
lin only fans are nowhere to be seen.

They're Linvisible. :roll: :roll: :roll:

On the real though, Lin will help NYC when he comes back for the 2nd round.

DuMa
04-17-2012, 11:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/sn3VU.gif

RazorBaLade
04-18-2012, 12:00 AM

lin is the only reason youre still in the playoffs.

Show some respect to your God.

LoneyROY7
04-18-2012, 12:00 AM

:applause:

MeLO MvP 15
04-18-2012, 12:04 AM
:dancin :djparty :dancin

knickswin
04-18-2012, 12:06 AM
he is en fuego.

if melo can catch fire like this during the playoffs when he has the right supporting cast . . . watch out

Dwyane Rose
04-18-2012, 12:06 AM
http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x456/shortyBASTARD/mj-laughing.gif

Kingwillball
04-18-2012, 12:07 AM
Lebron would love to Have Snipers Like Novak and JR Smith on the Outside.. Miller and Battier stinking it up right now..

(e)
04-18-2012, 12:10 AM
He's on a streak, hope he keeps them at the 7.

A Miami vs New York matchup would be awesome. ESPN would probably implode because they wouldn't know what side to take.

Kingwillball
04-18-2012, 12:11 AM
durany>kobe>melo>bron

Wait U have Kobe ahead of Lebron.. Bad enough Durant but Kobe ???? :roll: :coleman:

FKAri
04-18-2012, 12:12 AM
Wonder how the return of Amare will affect his play. As much people talk about Lin, the real issue has always been the frontcourt of Melo/Amare/Chandler coexisting.

Celtic_Pride
04-18-2012, 12:15 AM
Are we really gonna act like he didn't get shitted on by Pierce and Bass today? His defense is still average!

dunksby
04-18-2012, 12:17 AM
Actually he sucked giant balls in the 4th, Knicks should thank Novak for closing the game like he did.

iDunk
04-18-2012, 12:18 AM
Are we really gonna act like he didn't get shitted on by Pierce and Bass today? His defense is still average!
There was a lot of switching like usual by the Knicks so guys like Bibby and Chandler were guarding Pierce a lot. And when Anthony was guarding Pierce he was in foul trouble and the refs were making Pierce untouchable.

Anthony on Bass was just a huge mismatch, Bass looks like a roid head.

knickswin
04-18-2012, 12:18 AM
Wonder how the return of Amare will affect his play. As much people talk about Lin, the real issue has always been the frontcourt of Melo/Amare/Chandler coexisting.

agreed. lin and melo struggle a bit. maybe it's the melo homer in me, and I just can't help myself, but I blame it mostly on Lin. he's a bit of a black hole at times. dribbles with his head down too which doesn't help matters. he needs to watch a lot of tony parker tape to help find that balance between scoring and deferring. I think if they work on it, it'll be okay.

amar'e and melo are just a disaster. but i'm remembering it wasn't THAT bad last year. wasn't great, but wasn't that bad. why? because amar'e was hitting that 18-20 foot jumper very well. if you watch highlight tapes from amar'e from last year, his 25+ point games before melo featured a lot of points in the point. after melo came along there were a lot more jump shots. not ideal, because it makes amar'e less efficient, but I'd rather see that than the mess that has been most of this season.

bluechox2
04-18-2012, 12:19 AM
Dammit, I want the 8th seed

knickswin
04-18-2012, 12:20 AM

they purposely avoided putting Melo on Paul Pierce for much of the game because Melo was in foul trouble. I saw a lot of Shumpert on Pierce (which is a big mismatch in Pierce's favor). Melo shouldn't be guarding Bass, and Bass made some tough shots anyway.

iDunk
04-18-2012, 12:22 AM
agreed. lin and melo struggle a bit. maybe it's the melo homer in me, and I just can't help myself, but I blame it mostly on Lin. he's a bit of a black hole at times. dribbles with his head down too which doesn't help matters. he needs to watch a lot of tony parker tape to help find that balance between scoring and deferring. I think if they work on it, it'll be okay.

amar'e and melo are just a disaster. but i'm remembering it wasn't THAT bad last year. wasn't great, but wasn't that bad. why? because amar'e was hitting that 18-20 foot jumper very well. if you watch highlight tapes from amar'e from last year, his 25+ point games before melo featured a lot of points in the point. after melo came along there were a lot more jump shots. not ideal, because it makes amar'e less efficient, but I'd rather see that than the mess that has been most of this season.
Lin & Melo don't struggle. Amare & Melo do.

This Lin & Melo struggle bull is really stupid, Lin was getting a lot of his assists from cuts by Melo before he got injured. They work together just fine. Now Amare & Melo is the problem. Gonna be interesting how they play together in these final 4 games (Cavaliers, Hawks, Clippers, Bobcats)

I CANT WAIT till the Clippers @ Knicks game, great matchups, great players, gonna be a star studded affair.

ConanRulesNBC
04-18-2012, 12:22 AM
Remember when Knicks fans were begging for him to be traded? :roll:

spiegel
04-18-2012, 12:54 AM
lin is the only reason youre still in the playoffs.

Show some respect to your God.
I'm not a Knicks fan so you fail.

Sarcastic
04-18-2012, 01:10 AM
He's on a streak, hope he keeps them at the 7.

A Miami vs New York matchup would be awesome. ESPN would probably implode because they wouldn't know what side to take.

ESPN hates NY. Bristol Connecticut is Red Sox country.

pauk
04-18-2012, 01:12 AM
http://www.dazzlejunction.com/graphics-quote/inspirational/believe-dream.gif

roffie
04-18-2012, 01:34 AM
Rofl

Whoah10115
04-18-2012, 01:38 AM
This is like that time when Wayne Rooney was the best player in the world because of a 3 week stretch...

Or like that time where Russell Westbrook was the best player in the world because of a 2 week stretch. Then his teammate won Player of the Month.

This is somewhere in-between. :banana:

miles berg
04-18-2012, 01:39 AM
they purposely avoided putting Melo on Paul Pierce for much of the game because Melo was in foul trouble. I saw a lot of Shumpert on Pierce (which is a big mismatch in Pierce's favor). Melo shouldn't be guarding Bass, and Bass made some tough shots anyway.

And that's the problem, there are numerous times where there is no one Carmelo should be guarding.

knickswin
04-18-2012, 01:42 AM
And that's the problem, there are numerous times where there is no one Carmelo should be guarding.

there really isn't. he can guard nearly all threes and a lot of fours too. it's just that you don't want your best scorer in foul trouble and they were calling everything for pierce today. he went to the line 18 times!

dirk nowitzki is my second favorite player, but mavs straight-up hide him on d at times. no shame in that. you can't have guys who are that important to your team playing with 4, 5 fouls.

Mach_3
04-18-2012, 01:51 AM
This is like that time when Wayne Rooney was the best player in the world because of a 3 week stretch...

Or like that time where Russell Westbrook was the best player in the world because of a 2 week stretch. Then his teammate won Player of the Month.

This is somewhere in-between. :banana:

I have a feeling he's going to come down to earth once Amare comes back

Marv_Albert
04-18-2012, 02:02 AM
Deal with it.

Dude, still hasnt got amazing wins over thunder spurs lakers bulls heat pacers yet.

miggyme1
04-18-2012, 02:15 AM
Sky is the limit for this team.i think finally melo has learned how to be a great all around player.u look at the best players in the nba and they are all great unselfish team enhancers by how they approach the game. Melo has always been a dynamite scorer but dat was it.u never saw him leadin a fastbreak throwin alleys to nene or birdman in denver.u never saw him attack the glass on defense.he has always been a great offensive rebounder goin all the way back to his syracuse days.and he is finally becoming locked in defensively.alot of people dont give melo credit.he may not be as fast as lebron but he is just as strong as him just doesnt have the lebron physique

jdm_dc_fan
04-18-2012, 02:29 AM
Melo is one of the most special players in the league today. Without a doubt he is the most versatile player in today's game. Melo goes as far as being a "cancer" (quoted from insidehoops.com Knicks fans thread) to being the remedy to his own illness. He single handedly fought to get his foot into the playoff door just in time. Unfortunately the playoffs are no joke. Credit needs to be given where it's earned. Be ready NBA, the 2012-2013 season is going to belong to Carmelo Anthony and the Knicks.

Sincerely,

Bulls, okc, heat, Boston and lakers coaching staff.

All Net
04-18-2012, 02:42 AM
Deal with it.

Did lebron and durant die?

Kobe 4 The Win
04-18-2012, 02:46 AM
First of all, Marshmello Anthony is a lazy chucker who plays no defense on a bad team. Secondly, I don't have to "deal with it" because Marshmello and the Knicks are going to out of the playoffs so fast you head will spin.

What people need to deal with, is the fact that the Knicks are a poorly run organization that picked up two superstars that are way too similar, don't defend, and can't stay in the lineup. How pathetic is it that as soon as any Knick player has even the slightest bit of temporary success, Knick fans declare them the best in the world. You guys need a reality check.

ImmortalNemesis
04-18-2012, 02:48 AM
First of all, Marshmello Anthony is a lazy chucker who plays no defense on a bad team. Secondly, I don't have to "deal with it" because Marshmello and the Knicks are going to out of the playoffs so fast you head will spin.

What people need to deal with, is the fact that the Knicks are a poorly run organization that picked up two superstars that are way too similar, don't defend, and can't stay in the lineup. How pathetic is it that as soon as any Knick player has even the slightest bit of temporary success, Knick fans declare them the best in the world. You guys need a reality check.

Ouch. Harsh but not necessary.

OP is a troll. Ban this clown already.

DMV2
04-18-2012, 02:52 AM
Still here.

And I agree, "Melomania" > Linsanity in terms of floor production. Don't think anybody can top Linsanity, the hype, the coverage for awhile.

DMV2
04-18-2012, 02:55 AM
ESPN hates NY. Bristol Connecticut is Red Sox country.
They also have predicted the Patriots to be Super Bowl favorites for the past 7 years. It's so obvious how much that channel love their Boston teams. :lol

jb220
04-18-2012, 02:55 AM

:biggums:

Lmfao. Obviously Melo isn't the best player in the league, but to say that he can't defend or stay in the lineup is a joke.

Melo has completely turned his game around with Woodson at the helm, I'm not saying he's a lockdown defender but dude is obviously giving his all on both ends of the court ever since Amar'e and Lin went down.

Watch a Knick game, oh and I hope Kobe rapes your mother.

Kobe 4 The Win
04-18-2012, 03:14 AM

Lmfao. Obviously Melo isn't the best player in the league, but to say that he can't defend or stay in the lineup is a joke.

Melo has completely turned his game around with Woodson at the helm, I'm not saying he's a lockdown defender but dude is obviously giving his all on both ends of the court ever since Amar'e and Lin went down.

Watch a Knick game, oh and I hope Kobe rapes your mother.

Bro, Woodson has been "at the helm" for about 5 minutes. Melo had a few good games. Big f**king deal, so did Lin and look how that worked out. Also, I couldn't care less if the dude is giving his all on defense. Either you defend well or you don't. He doesn't.

Melo and Amare have been on the Knicks roster a very short time and they've both already been injured and sitting out. So my description of them is hardly a joke. It has a firm basis in reality and if you can't see that they you aren't looking.

Kiss my balls

LABean
04-18-2012, 03:31 AM

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Seriously, this is the BEST post I have ever seen on ISH. :applause: :applause:

I wish we had signatures so everyone would see it when I posted in threads. :cheers:

miggyme1
04-18-2012, 03:34 AM
Bro, Woodson has been "at the helm" for about 5 minutes. Melo had a few good games. Big f**king deal, so did Lin and look how that worked out. Also, I couldn't care less if the dude is giving his all on defense. Either you defend well or you don't. He doesn't.

Melo and Amare have been on the Knicks roster a very short time and they've both already been injured and sitting out. So my description of them is hardly a joke. It has a firm basis in reality and if you can't see that they you aren't looking.

Kiss my balls

Ok kobe is sittin out right now so wats your point?U dont have one!why u worried bout the knicks anyway?u a lakers fan!stay yo ass on the west coast and keep using kobes nut to brush your teeth.damn y people gotta be so ignorant.melo has been showin improvement....that is a FACT

NewYorkNoPicks
04-18-2012, 04:05 AM
Where are the "fans" who said Melo was a cancer? Where you at?!?!

I NEVER wavered in my support of the guy while you chumps, you sheep who are controlled by the opinions expressed in newspaper articles turned your back on the most VERSATILE scorer in the game today.

8 years of dominance > Half an injury fille season of inconsistent play

But ofcourse for you sheep its all about "what have you done for me in the past 24 hours".

Learn the damn game

ImmortalNemesis
04-18-2012, 04:14 AM

I NEVER wavered in my support of the guy while you chumps, you sheep who are controlled by the opinions expressed in newspaper articles turned your back on the most VERSATILE scorer in the game today.

But ofcourse for you sheep its all about "what have you done for me in the past 24 hours".

Learn the damn game

Learn the damn game? This is coming from someone who thinks the NBA is a ****ing welfare program. I remember this idiot ranting on how it was time for Houston to fail and NY to succeed. ****ing dipshit. Ban this troll already.

NewYorkNoPicks
04-18-2012, 04:26 AM
Learn the damn game? This is coming from someone who thinks the NBA is a ****ing welfare program. I remember this idiot ranting on how it was time for Houston to fail and NY to succeed. ****ing dipshit. Ban this troll already.

How or why do you even remember 1 specific post from ME out of all posterss, a guy who has maybe started 10 threads TOTAL sice joining a year and a half ago? Based on my total posts i averaged 2 to 3 posts a day which are usually replys burrried in threads like this one. So for you to remember things ive said months ago is pretty pathetic. Dont you have more important things to dedicate space in your mind to? Guess not

And yes I did say im TIRED of teams like Houston and San Antonio lucking into player after player. Never once did i say the nba needs to correct it in some manner. I never said it was time for Houston to FAIL as if it should become a bylaw in the league handbook, or some official problem that needs correcting. Being fed up that Houston had the Olajuwan era, the Barkley/Pippen superteam era, the Steve Francis era (a #2 overall pick who FORCED his way to your team by refusing to play for the Grizzlies), then the T-Mac era. So YES im tired of Houston cconsistently have a competitive team. I never said the nba needs to have some kind of rule to change it dumbass. Dont you get tired of the same shit over and over and over again? Most people do

But i digress...this thread is about Melo, and most likely hes better than any player on your favorite team. People who are losing arguments always bring up tidbits irrelevant to the discussion at hand

Kobe 4 The Win
04-18-2012, 04:54 AM
Ok kobe is sittin out right now so wats your point?U dont have one!why u worried bout the knicks anyway?u a lakers fan!stay yo ass on the west coast and keep using kobes nut to brush your teeth.damn y people gotta be so ignorant.melo has been showin improvement....that is a FACT

I want you to meditate on two words. Sustained excellence.

It may have been harsh but I'm giving you real talk. Carmelo is a great scorer. I'm glad he's improving after 8 years. Just in time for his physical tools to erode and he'll be out of the league. lol

NewYorkNoPicks
04-18-2012, 04:59 AM
I want you to meditate on two words. Sustained excellence.

It may have been harsh but I'm giving you real talk. Carmelo is a great scorer. I'm glad he's improving after 8 years. Just in time for his physical tools to erode and he'll be out of the league. lol

Carmelos game isnt based on supreme physical gifts like leaping ability, elite level quickness/speed, or mammoth size. He barely dunks, and hes rather slow moving. His game is all skill, and those are the type of players who last long in this league... Think Paul Pierce. If anything Melo is extremely strong, but the strength and bulk he uses to absorb contact and push around defenders doesnt disappear, youre born with that, its genetics, and not something that goes away especially in your 30s. I see plenty ofguys in their mid 30s outlifting guys in their 20s at the gym.

Kobe 4 The Win
04-18-2012, 05:07 AM
Carmelos game isnt based on supreme physical gifts like leaping ability, elite level quickness/speed, or mammoth size. He barely dunks, and hes rather slow moving. His game is all skill, and those are the type of players who last long in this league... Think Paul Pierce. If anything Melo is extremely strong, but the strength and bulk he uses to absorb contact and push around defenders doesnt disappear, youre born with that, its genetics, and not something that goes away especially in your 30s. I see plenty ofguys in their mid 30s outlifting guys in their 20s

I hope you don't mind. If Kobe ever gets fat this is the rap that I'm going to use. I'll just tell people about how stong he is and how his bulk absorbs contact. lol

NewYorkNoPicks
04-18-2012, 05:17 AM
I hope you don't mind. If Kobe ever gets fat this is the rap that I'm going to use. I'll just tell people about how stong he is and how his bulk absorbs contact. lol

How long have you been watching Kobe? Young Kobe was a slasher whos dunking ability rivaled Vince Carters. Hed blow by defenders with a quick first step and throw it down on some of the best big men around. But ofcourse you wouldnt know that, my guess is youve only been watching basketball for a few years.

Google the terms: "Ectomorph" , "Mesomorph" , and "Endomorph". Those are he 3 body type categories, and most people are a mix of the 3. There is no "right or wrong" bodytype (unless someone is morbidly obese ofcourse); people are born with different bone structure and genetic composition.

Some people are naturally very skinny and childlike in their bodys like Steph Curry, some are overtly muscular like Dwight Howard, some are naturally overweight like Zach Randolph, and others are somewhere in between like Melo. Why does Zach Randolph have a fat face and soft musculature despite all the time he spends in the gym? Its genetics and hes an effective player both despite it and because of it

Fiasco
04-18-2012, 05:27 AM
Sometimes I imagine myself punching the OP in the face through the internet.

airchibundo507
04-18-2012, 05:52 AM
last 5 games:

31.4 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 4.4 apg, 1.6 spg, 52.2% FG, 37% 3P FG

and against elite defenses such as chicago, miami and boston

find me better numbers, btch

NewYorkNoPicks
04-18-2012, 06:01 AM
last 5 games:

BOSS

che guevara
04-18-2012, 06:09 AM
Carmelos game isnt based on supreme physical gifts like leaping ability, elite level quickness/speed, or mammoth size. He barely dunks, and hes rather slow moving. His game is all skill, and those are the type of players who last long in this league... Think Paul Pierce. If anything Melo is extremely strong, but the strength and bulk he uses to absorb contact and push around defenders doesnt disappear, youre born with that, its genetics, and not something that goes away especially in your 30s. I see plenty ofguys in their mid 30s outlifting guys in their 20s at the gym.
Melo relies heavily on his quickness, what are you talking about?

ImmortalNemesis
04-18-2012, 06:12 AM
How or why do you even remember 1 specific post from ME out of all posterss, a guy who has maybe started 10 threads TOTAL sice joining a year and a half ago? Based on my total posts i averaged 2 to 3 posts a day which are usually replys burrried in threads like this one. So for you to remember things ive said months ago is pretty pathetic. Dont you have more important things to dedicate space in your mind to? Guess not

And yes I did say im TIRED of teams like Houston and San Antonio lucking into player after player. Never once did i say the nba needs to correct it in some manner. I never said it was time for Houston to FAIL as if it should become a bylaw in the league handbook, or some official problem that needs correcting. Being fed up that Houston had the Olajuwan era, the Barkley/Pippen superteam era, the Steve Francis era (a #2 overall pick who FORCED his way to your team by refusing to play for the Grizzlies), then the T-Mac era. So YES im tired of Houston cconsistently have a competitive team. I never said the nba needs to have some kind of rule to change it dumbass. Dont you get tired of the same shit over and over and over again? Most people do

But i digress...this thread is about Melo, and most likely hes better than any player on your favorite team. People who are losing arguments always bring up tidbits irrelevant to the discussion at hand

You took your time typing this post. You even edit it 15 minutes later. Guess what? You still sound like a ****ing idiot. Keep on ranting. I don't remember shit about you. Just that one post in particular. If anything that speaks volumes of how pathetic, comical, and worthless that post was. And I lol'd after reading your garbage once again. Its really pathetic that you feel that way.

Fiasco
04-18-2012, 06:49 AM
last 5 games:

Now I know for sure your mother drank heavily when she was pregnant with you.

Let's play the retard game and use another 5 game stretch from this year.

March 17th-24th:

Carmelo Anthony

14. ppg / 5.8 rpg / 2.8 apg / 1.2 spg / 0.389 FG% / 0.117 3P FG%

Remember when you were........ oh right, you were nowhere to be found during then. :oldlol:

Figures a dickmuncher like you is only posting when Carmelo plays like the guy the Knicks traded half their team for.

Kill yourself. Please.

NumberSix
04-18-2012, 07:00 AM
Carmelo is a taller JR Smith.

Smoke117
04-18-2012, 07:15 AM

Optimus Prime
04-18-2012, 07:17 AM
It is official ... 5 games = GOAT :facepalm

The more important discussion is who are bigger trolls ... Lebron fanbois or Melo fanbois?

At least Lebron has a couple of MVPs and Finals appearances ... what does Melo have? Oh that is right ... a few good regular season games.

swi7ch
04-18-2012, 07:18 AM
NYK need to trade Amar'e or amnesty him. He and Melo cannot co-exist. Two years have proven this.

Nash
04-18-2012, 07:24 AM
Lebron and Durant have been playing like this the whole year and now Melo is the best because he can do it for a few games?

NumberSix
04-18-2012, 07:32 AM
NYK need to trade Amar'e or amnesty him. He and Melo cannot co-exist. Two years have proven this.
They already used their amnesty on Chauncey

inclinerator
04-18-2012, 08:07 AM
only because lin is linjured

Dwyane Rose
04-18-2012, 08:09 AM
only because lin is linjured

:cheers:

NewYorkNoPicks
04-18-2012, 09:08 AM
You took your time typing this post. You even edit it 15 minutes later. Guess what? You still sound like a ****ing idiot. Keep on ranting. I don't remember shit about you. Just that one post in particular. If anything that speaks volumes of how pathetic, comical, and worthless that post was. And I lol'd after reading your garbage once again. Its really pathetic that you feel that way.

You pretty much had nothing to say in your reply aside from the fact that youre upset. Boohoo wahhhhh somebody doesnt like your team and it rubbed you the wrong way lmao. "wahhhh somebody doesnt like my Rockets wahhhhhh". Youre retort mirrors that of a 5 year olds temper tantrum, alot of noise and whining but when its over nothing of value was said or accomplished. What a loser so mad somebody isnt a Rocket fan

Bigsmoke
04-18-2012, 09:12 AM

Melo looked pretty quick in that Heat game driving by LeBron and Wade like nothing.

chips93
04-18-2012, 09:16 AM
Melo looked pretty quick in that Heat game driving by LeBron and Wade like nothing.

after lebron really overplayed melo's jumper, imo. there was no need in lebron getting that tight onto melo on a lot of melo's drives.

It's A VC3!!!
04-18-2012, 09:19 AM
I wish I was a mod. I would delete stupid threads writtin by idiotic posters such as these. It's like one player has a breakout game and the threads start emerging? We all saw the game, we don't need threads validating your love for Carmelo.:facepalm

NewYorkNoPicks
04-18-2012, 09:20 AM

He has a quick first step yes.

But my point was...that nobody seems to be able to grasp...is that his game is NOT BASED ON ATHLETICISM. And unless you just started watching basketball recently youd know that.

75% of Melos scoring is in the post, or dancing around and pulling up for mid range jumpers. His game is pretty similar to Paul Pierces overall, slow moving overall but based on a lot of basketball savvy and guile. Because of this Melo will be an effective scorer for quite some time (just like Pierce)

iDunk
04-18-2012, 09:23 AM
I wish I was a mod. I would delete stupid threads writtin by idiotic posters such as these. It's like one player has a breakout game and the threads start emerging? We all saw the game, we don't need threads validating your love for Carmelo.:facepalm
One breakout game? How about last 12?

Dude's toying with the league right now, it's too easy for him.

JellyBean
04-18-2012, 09:27 AM
It is funny. Just a little over a month or so ago, people (some sports folks) were calling Melo a cancer to the Knicks. The dude is awesome!!

Sarcastic
04-18-2012, 09:28 AM

Two years huh?

They don't even have 82 games played together yet.

It's A VC3!!!
04-18-2012, 09:36 AM
One breakout game? How about last 12?

Dude's toying with the league right now, it's too easy for him.

That's all great and dandy but there are players would have been doing it all year. He just started getting on a roll. Although Knick fans are happy again(who knows for how long) it will only matter in the playoffs. Can the Knicks gets there first playoff win in 10 years? We'll find out.

chips93
04-18-2012, 09:37 AM

But my point was...that nobody seems to be able to grasp...is that his game is NOT BASED ON ATHLETICISM. And unless you just started watching basketball recently youd know that.

75% of Melos scoring is in the post, or dancing around and pulling up for mid range jumpers. His game is pretty similar to Paul Pierces overall, slow moving overall but based on a lot of basketball savvy and guile. Because of this Melo will be an effective scorer for quite some time (just like Pierce)

people said the same about duncan's scoring. he was so fundemantally sound, he would be able to score forever, even when his athleticism was gone.

well, they were wrong, timmy can barely score in the post anymore

there is a difference between not relying on athleticism, and relying on the mediocre athleticism that you have.

in duncan's case, he was in that second group, and i think melo is too.

will melo be able to get the seperation he needs, when he is older and doesnt have the same athleticism? i doubt it

ILLsmak
04-18-2012, 09:42 AM
I'm not gonna say he's the best because "currently" doesn't mean shit. He could go on a cold streak tomorrow.

However, it's good that people realize Melo isn't a cancer that ****ed up the Knicks.

I'm a pretty big Melo fan ever since he won that championship. Cancerous players can not win a championship as a freshman. That's ****ing ridiculous. And you can say "Davis won a championship as a Freshman." But his team was so stacked it's not even funny.

-Smak

derb2k2
04-18-2012, 09:44 AM
he's nowhere near Lebron's, Wade's, Durant's level. cmon this is a nonsense thread.

ILLsmak
04-18-2012, 09:45 AM
people said the same about duncan's scoring. he was so fundemantally sound, he would be able to score forever, even when his athleticism was gone.

there is a difference between not relying on athleticism, and relying on the mediocre athleticism that you have.

will melo be able to get the seperation he needs, when he is older and doesnt have the same athleticism? i doubt it

Duncan isn't as good of a player as people think he is. Sorry, but it's just true. If he was as tough and skilled as people said, he would still be scoring. He should be wetting jumpers, too. No reason why dude doesn't have 3 point range. I mean he does, but he could be shooting 3s. He should be wet from everywhere and be able to score on anyone in the post. He didn't suddenly get smaller. There aren't suddenly better players guarding him.

Maybe he's not trying... but he should be able to do his thing still, and if he can't that says, to me, he's not the all time great people thought he was.

Edit: but on the other hand 15 and 9 is not bad.

-Smak

chips93
04-18-2012, 09:53 AM
Duncan isn't as good of a player as people think he is. Sorry, but it's just true. If he was as tough and skilled as people said, he would still be scoring. He should be wetting jumpers, too. No reason why dude doesn't have 3 point range. I mean he does, but he could be shooting 3s. He should be wet from everywhere and be able to score on anyone in the post. He didn't suddenly get smaller. There aren't suddenly better players guarding him.

Maybe he's not trying... but he should be able to do his thing still, and if he can't that says, to me, he's not the all time great people thought he was.

Edit: but on the other hand 15 and 9 is not bad.

-Smak

how can you re-evaluate his production from 5, 10 years ago, based on what he is doing now? thats just nonsense

as for 3pt range, duncan is a great passer, and a good offensive rebounder, both of these skills would be wasted out on the three point line, plus the spurs already have plenty of 3pt shooter. duncan would be wasted out there.

ILLsmak
04-18-2012, 09:59 AM

how can you re-evaluate his production from 5, 10 years ago, based on what he is doing now? thats just nonsense

as for 3pt range, duncan is a great passer, and a good offensive rebounder, both of these skills would be wasted out on the three point line, plus the spurs already have plenty of 3pt shooter. duncan would be wasted out there.

Disagree man. 3 Point range is always worthwhile. Kevin Love is a great offensive rebounder and passer, too. It totally changes the game to have a big who can shoot the 3. Not talking about Okur... someone who can just float out. When you have people who drive like Parker and Manu, having spacing players is great. Plus it's a huge momentum changer. You don't think having a C hit a 3 makes the other C play differently on defense? He's less likely to help out.

And I am not re-evaluating his skills. I'm saying the same thing I always said. Duncan is a great player but he's not a top 10 player. I can't believe anyone would argue otherwise.

-Smak

chips93
04-18-2012, 10:07 AM
Disagree man. 3 Point range is always worthwhile. Kevin Love is a great offensive rebounder and passer, too. It totally changes the game to have a big who can shoot the 3. Not talking about Okur... someone who can just float out. When you have people who drive like Parker and Manu, having spacing players is great. Plus it's a huge momentum changer. You don't think having a C hit a 3 makes the other C play differently on defense? He's less likely to help out.

citing love is kind of silly, hes probably the one player in nba history to be both a prolific three point shooter, as well as an offensive rebounder. and as far as love being a great passer, i disagree. and if he is a great passer, how many of his passes come from the 3pt line? very few.

thats why they have guys like matt bonner.

timmy is a master at passing out of the post, be it high or low, and helps parker and manu pentrate, with his passing

And I am not re-evaluating his skills. I'm saying the same thing I always said. Duncan is a great player but he's not a top 10 player. I can't believe anyone would argue otherwise.

Duncan isn't as good of a player as people think he is. Sorry, but it's just true. If he was as tough and skilled as people said, he would still be scoring.

. . .

NewYorkNoPicks
04-18-2012, 10:09 AM

I think thats a good point with the separation, but I think he'll still be able to get it done. People forget he's actually a very good ball handler for his size, and combine those solid handles with a perfectly placed hesitation or head fake and he'll be able to get some looks.

Worst case scenerio I see him playing similar to how Jordan played during his Washington days... Athletcism long gone but he took to the post, turn around fade-away jumpers, a timely spin followed up with a headfake if the defenders still in front of him, etc.

chips93
04-18-2012, 10:14 AM
Worst case scenerio I see him playing similar to how Jordan played during his Washington days... Athletcism long gone but he took to the post, turn around fade-away jumpers, a timely spin followed up with a headfake if the defenders still in front of him, etc.

my point is that these things still take athleticism. and timmy is a good case study for that.

if you arent a threat to blow by guys, with your athleticism, the defender can get way up into you, and make these shots much tougher.

Dave3
04-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Ok kobe is sittin out right now so wats your point?

His point is Kobe is now sitting out 4 or 5 games, and the last time he missed games was 2 years ago. The last time before that was 3 years prior, and all were for less than a handful of games. Doesn't equate with injuries Amar'e has had over the last few years.

U dont have one!why u worried bout the knicks anyway?
No one is 'worried' about the Knicks but when someone makes a thread declaring a Knicks player the best in the world from less than 5 games, you have to expect some backlash.

melo has been showin improvement....that is a FACTMelo has shown improvement in 5 games after having by far the worst season of his career for about 45. It doesn't quite make up for it, nor does it even come close to justifying considering him the best in the world. Any time Kobe LeBron or Durant do this (hot streak) the response is always "let's see what they do in the playoffs" but when Melo does it, he's all of a sudden the best? How low the standards are set for him by his own fans should show you that at the moment, he's not in the same league as LeBron/Durant.

airchibundo507
04-18-2012, 10:18 AM
Now I know for sure your mother drank heavily when she was pregnant with you.

Let's play the retard game and use another 5 game stretch from this year.

March 17th-24th:

Carmelo Anthony

14. ppg / 5.8 rpg / 2.8 apg / 1.2 spg / 0.389 FG% / 0.117 3P FG%

Remember when you were........ oh right, you were nowhere to be found during then. :oldlol:

Figures a dickmuncher like you is only posting when Carmelo plays like the guy the Knicks traded half their team for.

Kill yourself. Please.

I love how you conveniently leave out minutes per game. Why? Because in that beginning stretch under Woodson the Knicks were destroying teams, blowing them out very early in games and Melo as a result hardly played over 30 minutes in most games, which of course took a toll on most of his stats.

The word "now" is kind of a heavy qualifier to what this thread is discussing, jackass. Melo couldn't get a rhythm going earlier in the season because of injuries, and then subsequently being underutilized in the offense and misused as a jumpshooter and bailout shot taker instead of as a post facilitator, which is his natural game. If you think a sub40 FG% defines Melo's abilities in any way, lay off the crack pipe. A healthy Melo in this league is a 30 ppg scorer, and without any consistent scoring threat on the Knicks, he has led the squad to an 8-4 record without both Lin and Amare.

last 12 games he is at +30 ppg, +50% FG. u mad?

NewYorkNoPicks
04-18-2012, 10:35 AM
I love how you conveniently leave out minutes per game. Why? Because in that beginning stretch under Woodson the Knicks were destroying teams, blowing them out very early in games and Melo as a result hardly played over 30 minutes in most games, which of course took a toll on most of his stats.

The word "now" is kind of a heavy qualifier to what this thread is discussing, jackass. Melo couldn't get a rhythm going earlier in the season because of injuries, and then subsequently being underutilized in the offense and misused as a jumpshooter and bailout shot taker instead of as a post facilitator, which is his natural game. If you think a sub40 FG% defines Melo's abilities in any way, lay off the crack pipe. A healthy Melo in this league is a 30 ppg scorer, and without any consistent scoring threat on the Knicks, he has led the squad to an 8-4 record without both Lin and Amare.

last 12 games he is at +30 ppg, +50% FG. u mad?

Yeah these idiots try to skew stats. I'm not going to check but Im assuming that was during the winning streak we had under Mike Woodson, where we were frequently blowing out teams and Melo would sit the majority of the 4th quarter. He was playing around 28mpg if I remember. People expecting Melo to score 28ppg in 28mpg, what dumbasses

nathanjizzle
04-18-2012, 10:45 AM
is this a joke. the guys that melo were guarding scored a total of 58 points. pierce went 11-19 for 43 points and brandon bass shot 6-8 with 15 points.

best player in the league my ass. more like 1 dimensional streaky scorer.

NewYorkNoPicks
04-18-2012, 12:37 PM
is this a joke. the guys that melo were guarding scored a total of 58 points. pierce went 11-19 for 43 points and brandon bass shot 6-8 with 15 points.

best player in the league my ass. more like 1 dimensional streaky scorer.

He had a Triple Double last night

I didnt know contributing extensively in 3 or more categories constitutes a 1 dimensional player

nathanjizzle
04-18-2012, 12:44 PM
He had a Triple Double last night

I didnt know contributing extensively in 3 or more categories constitutes a 1 dimensional player

and 1 games stats constitutes as the best player in the league?

hawksdogsbraves
04-18-2012, 01:10 PM
Not surprising he's doing well in Woodson's iso-driven offense. It's the same system that got Joe Johnson a friggin max contract.

Problem is it doesn't work nearly as well in the playoffs when defenses lock down.

ShaqAttack3234
04-18-2012, 01:44 PM
He's obviously not the best player in general, but nobody in the league has played better the last month. Everyone knows about his scoring, he's as good of a scorer as anyone when he's healthy and motivated, but he's been consistently proving that he's a good passer(underrated, but some have taken more notice, Knick commentators have been talking about it all season), and he's one of the best rebounder SF.

Actually he sucked giant balls in the 4th, Knicks should thank Novak for closing the game like he did.

Novak was phenomenal, but Melo had an amazing all around game. I love having Novak, you need shooters like that, but there's really no way to diminish Melo's game last night.

They weren't anywhere near this bad together last season. You're right, Amare's jumper looked much better last night, but he was also more explosive.

Part of the problem is that Amare seems to play better at center offensively because he has more room for his jumper and more of a quickness advantage offensively over the man guarding him. Aside from that one stretch after the Shaq trade in '08, his best offensive basketball has always been at center.

Remember, he got off to a slow start last season, was switched to center and started playing arguably the best basketball of his career before the Melo trade.

Even after the trade they were a pretty high scoring duo last year. Here are their numbers after the all-star break.

Melo- 26.3 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 3 apg, 2.4 TO, 46.1 FG%, 57.5 TS%
Amare- 23.5 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 2.4 apg, 2.6 TO, 1.3 bpg, 49.1 FG%, 55.3 TS%

Obviously Amare wasn't nearly as good as he was before the trade, and it strangely brought down the other parts of his game, but about 50 ppg between a duo is pretty damn good. Only went 14-14, but that's not bad with a supporting cast of Billups(who missed 7 of those games), Toney Douglas, Landry Fields, Shawne Williams, Ronny Turiaf and Anthony Carter.

last 5 games:

Last 12 games(since Lin and Amare went down)

30.4 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 3.4 apg, 2.9 TO, 1.6 spg, 50.4 FG%, 59.3 TS%

2 things wrong with this. Duncan was not a mediocre athlete for a 7 footer when he was young, and he's playing very well right now at about 36 years old.

He's had knee problems, and his stamina also hasn't been the same, which have affected his game. I did probably expect him to have stayed elite longer than he did, but how well he's playing right now at his age deserves a lot of respect, and he's remained an essential part of an elite team. Not many stars can make that transition so smoothly as they decline.

:wtf: Duncan should be shooting 3s? What the hell are you talking about? That would make no sense...at all.

He's always had a nice shot up to about 18-20 feet, and I wouldn't want him out any farther than that.

Not surprising he's doing well in Woodson's iso-driven offense. It's the same system that got Joe Johnson a friggin max contract.

Problem is it doesn't work nearly as well in the playoffs when defenses lock down.

Well, there's a massive difference between Joe Johnson and Melo. I don't think anyone other than the Hawks thought giving Johnson a max contract was a good idea.

ImmortalNemesis
04-18-2012, 01:46 PM
You pretty much had nothing to say in your reply aside from the fact that youre upset. Boohoo wahhhhh somebody doesnt like your team and it rubbed you the wrong way lmao. "wahhhh somebody doesnt like my Rockets wahhhhhh". Youre retort mirrors that of a 5 year olds temper tantrum, alot of noise and whining but when its over nothing of value was said or accomplished. What a loser so mad somebody isnt a Rocket fan

What the f*ck you just say? Seriously. Everything that you just said makes 0 sense. Wow you're an ever bigger retard than I initially suspected.

NewYorkNoPicks
04-18-2012, 01:58 PM
What the f*ck you just say? Seriously. Everything that you just said makes 0 sense. Wow you're an ever bigger retard than I initially suspected.

I can already tell 2 things about you; you're probaby broke and have a low ranking position at your place of employment.

The next thing im wondering is: do you have a GED?

Heavincent
04-18-2012, 02:00 PM
Melo has been the best player in basketball for about a month or so. Hopefully he can take it into the playoffs.

ImmortalNemesis
04-18-2012, 02:06 PM
I can already tell 2 things about you; you're probaby broke and have a low ranking position at your place of employment.

The next thing im wondering is: do you have a GED?

2/10. Even your insults are garbage.

:cry: NY is never lucky. Why can't New York get a decent pick like Houston or San Antonio. Wha! wha wha! Somebody call the whambulance.

F*cking fakkit.

SilkkTheShocker
04-18-2012, 02:15 PM

Learn the damn game

Losing in the 1st round = dominance?

Kingwillball
04-18-2012, 03:18 PM
Melo has been the best player in basketball for about a month or so. Hopefully he can take it into the playoffs.

Having a couple weeks where he is playing like ONE of the best players doesnt make him the best player.. He has free reign on Knicks with no Lin or Stat.. Imagine stats Lebron would put up ? Games like last night would be the norm..

SilkkTheShocker
04-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Having a couple weeks where he is playing like ONE of the best players doesnt make him the best player.. He has free reign on Knicks with no Lin or Stat.. Imagine stats Lebron would put up ? Games like last night would be the norm..

Exacly. Replace Melo with Lebron and the Knicks are easily a top 2-4 seed. Plus Lebron's game would fit amazing with Amare and the Knicks snipers around the arc.

che guevara
04-18-2012, 03:56 PM
after lebron really overplayed melo's jumper, imo. there was no need in lebron getting that tight onto melo on a lot of melo's drives.
The Heat's gameplan was to have Lebron take away Melo's jumper and force him baseline, but Bosh/Haslem/Whoever was late on their rotations the whole game.

Again, what are you talking about? Melo has one of, if not THE quickest first step in the league for his size, and his game revolves heavily around that. Melo is a good athlete who relies plenty on his athleticism.

DMV2
04-18-2012, 04:03 PM
:oldlol:

Sarcastic
04-18-2012, 04:12 PM
Exacly. Replace Melo with Lebron and the Knicks are easily a top 2-4 seed. Plus Lebron's game would fit amazing with Amare and the Knicks snipers around the arc.

What snipers? If you mean Novak, well D'umbtoni never even played him until Melo got hurt midway through the year. JR Smith didn't come till the end of the year either since he was in China.

So no, Lebron would not have been amazing with all our snipers. He would have struggled with Toney Douglas at the point, and Landry "Can't Hit A Jumper To Save My Life" Fields at the shooting guard, just like Melo did all year.

Kingwillball
04-18-2012, 04:25 PM
What snipers? If you mean Novak, well D'umbtoni never even played him until Melo got hurt midway through the year. JR Smith didn't come till the end of the year either since he was in China.

So no, Lebron would not have been amazing with all our snipers. He would have struggled with Toney Douglas at the point, and Landry "Can't Hit A Jumper To Save My Life" Fields at the shooting guard, just like Melo did all year.

Hold on.. Melo is not as Good as Lebron end of story and Discussion.. Novak and JR Smith Both can go Crazy from deep Miller and Battier not shooting anywhere near as good nor are they as good/Consistent shooters. Also Lebron playing With Chandler alone on Pick and Roles and Drive and Dumps would get him a few assists per gm unlike the Trash/Stone hand bad Finishing centers Heat have.

airchibundo507
04-18-2012, 04:29 PM

And wherever Melo goes, JR follows. No way JR joins LeBron in NY without Melo's lobbying. JR would be in LAC right now or plotting a way to join Melo's team.

KingBeasley08
04-18-2012, 04:39 PM
And wherever Melo goes, JR follows. No way JR joins LeBron in NY without Melo's lobbying. JR would be in LAC right now or plotting a way to join Melo's team.
:oldlol: JR joined the Nicks because he liked NYC. Not because he likes the taste of Melo's dick :lol :facepalm

airchibundo507
04-18-2012, 04:42 PM
:oldlol: JR joined the Nicks because he liked NYC. Not because he likes the taste of Melo's dick :lol :facepalm

JR even said himself that Melo was the one who persuaded him to come to NY. They are super close if you haven't realized; Melo is the godfather of his child. JR was even more likely to join the Clippers anyway due to Billups going down right around the time the Chinese regular season had ended. He would have had more playing and greater opportunity to showcase his talent. Of course no one expected the injuries New York has endured.

jdm_dc_fan
04-18-2012, 04:47 PM
"Carmelo Anthony is currently the best player in basketball"

I'm going to answer the question and the question only. Yes carmelo is currently the best basketball player in this Month span. Do I expect him to keep it up? maybe. I bet my balls he's gonna be over shadowed by at least 3 other superstars when the playoffs start. There are better players than Melo. Fact.

NewYorkNoPicks
04-18-2012, 05:11 PM

6 years of averaging 24+ ppg. Career high of 29ppg in 07-08 i believe. Individual dominance. Advancing in the playoffs is a team accomplishment. You cant take 1 player put them against a team of 5 and expect them to win right? Its a team game.

But go ahead manipulate words and stats to suit your individual preferences. Its obvious you have an agenda. Bias has no place in this thread

Disaprine
04-18-2012, 05:12 PM
if you mean in the last 10 games or so then your right.

The Ownage
04-18-2012, 05:17 PM
Last couple weeks yes he has been.

I doubt he will be able to keep it up but I'm hoping he can play excellent consistently in the playoffs.

DStebb716
04-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Lebron would love to Have Snipers Like Novak and JR Smith on the Outside.. Miller and Battier stinking it up right now..

It's because they don't have triple-double machine Carmelo Anthony making those perfect passes to their hands. :pimp:

Kobe 4 The Win
04-18-2012, 08:11 PM
How long have you been watching Kobe? Young Kobe was a slasher whos dunking ability rivaled Vince Carters. Hed blow by defenders with a quick first step and throw it down on some of the best big men around. But ofcourse you wouldnt know that, my guess is youve only been watching basketball for a few years.

Google the terms: "Ectomorph" , "Mesomorph" , and "Endomorph". Those are he 3 body type categories, and most people are a mix of the 3. There is no "right or wrong" bodytype (unless someone is morbidly obese ofcourse); people are born with different bone structure and genetic composition.

Some people are naturally very skinny and childlike in their bodys like Steph Curry, some are overtly muscular like Dwight Howard, some are naturally overweight like Zach Randolph, and others are somewhere in between like Melo. Why does Zach Randolph have a fat face and soft musculature despite all the time he spends in the gym? Its genetics and hes an effective player both despite it and because of it

Your first paragraph doesn't have anything to do with my joke about Kobe getting fat like Melo someday. Reading comprehension son. I've been watching basketball since the days of Magic and Kareem and I forgot more stuff than you will ever know about basketball.

Your other two paragraphs are full of bro-science and your 3rd grade edjucation is on full display. Better luck next time.

Collie
04-18-2012, 08:14 PM
Man, this Knicks team with healthy Amare and Lin would be scary.

NewYorkNoPicks
04-18-2012, 08:34 PM
Your first paragraph doesn't have anything to do with my joke about Kobe getting fat like Melo someday. Reading comprehension son. I've been watching basketball since the days of Magic and Kareem and I forgot more stuff than you will ever know about basketball.

Your other two paragraphs are full of bro-science and your 3rd grade edjucation is on full display. Better luck next time.

3rd grade? Got a Finance degree, and ill be taking the GMATs within the year...but nice try brah.

Secondly i was explaining how there are different ways to score i.e. the Kobe example, and different body types that are perfectly acceptable. Ectomorph, Mesomorph, and Endomorph. Not every athlete has the prototypical body of an athlete, but under the exterior many of them still possess many of the attributes that are essential to elite level athletes. Melos body is that of Mesomorph, one that is naturally bulky and strong, broad shoulders, puts on slow twitch muscle quite easily but also has a propensity to gain fat quite easily. He has alot of power under the soft exterior

Bladers
04-30-2012, 09:42 PM
Bump.

He's garbage.
Not a team player.

Askmeificare
04-30-2012, 09:46 PM
Last couple weeks yes he has been.

I doubt he will be able to keep it up but I'm hoping he can play excellent consistently in the playoffs.

lbj23clutch
04-30-2012, 09:48 PM
He gave it his all tonight. Unfortunately no other Knick really showed up and the Heat role players went HAM from 3.

LABean
04-30-2012, 09:50 PM
:hammerhead:

D-Wade316
04-30-2012, 09:56 PM
LOL

Simple Jack
04-30-2012, 10:01 PM
Bump.

He's garbage.
Not a team player.

Why'd you predict the Knicks to beat the Heat then?

Bladers
04-30-2012, 10:25 PM
Why'd you predict the Knicks to beat the Heat then?

Cause I thought he would step up and play an all around game like he did in the end of the reg season..

But he's just going one on one and chucking and falling right into miami's hands.

JGXEN
04-30-2012, 10:31 PM
Archibundo is a fakkit who is worse than all of the Heat bandwagoners. Now, where is this guy? :roll:

talkingconch
05-03-2012, 09:40 PM
basically the only team with a chance is Boston now. Miami got it going good this year lol

krazymofo
05-03-2012, 09:48 PM
lawl @ you bumping this thread.

roffie
05-03-2012, 09:49 PM
LOL

CelticBaller
05-03-2012, 09:51 PM
Airchibundo is currently the dumbest poster in ISH

iDunk
05-03-2012, 09:53 PM
The title of the thread obvii says currently. At the time when he was tearing it up, he was.

b1imtf
05-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Airchibundo is currently the dumbest poster in ISH
Currently? Would neg you if not C's fan :no:

Askmeificare
05-03-2012, 09:57 PM
LMAO :facepalm

6JamesIsKing
05-03-2012, 09:58 PM
The title of the thread obvii says currently. At the time when he was tearing it up, he was.

:biggums: Chuckmelo was never the best player in basketball.

nba_55
05-03-2012, 10:19 PM
chuckelo best basketball player :oldlol: :oldlol:

Kingwillball
05-03-2012, 10:24 PM

This is when it matters Dunce and For the Record he was Never Better than Lebron even when He was tearing it up..

nathanjizzle
05-03-2012, 11:46 PM
7-23 and 2 assist. not even top 15

Akrazotile
03-04-2014, 11:54 PM
Deal with it.

Im trying but its hard to with a straight face.