PDA

View Full Version : Eric Bledsoe vs Avery Bradley. Some numbers.

Clippersfan86
04-23-2012, 01:21 AM
I'm starting to get sick of people hyping Avery Bradley and ignoring Eric Bledsoe so I'm going to lay down some numbers. First off let me say... Bradley is the more consistent man defender right now. He is a worse off the ball defender though and Bledsoe hasn't gotten the opportunity to shine that Bradley has. I'm going to use PER 36 since neither have been heavy minute players so far.

Eric Bledsoe PER 36: 5.3 rpg, 2.7 spg, 1 bpg. Defensive rating of 101.

Avery Bradley PER 36: 3.1 rpg, 1.1 spg, .3 bpg. Defensive rating of 103.

Normally defensive rating isn't significant because it factors in a teams defense. In this case it's significant because the Celtics are the top defense in the NBA, while the Clippers are 13th best. Yet Bradley STILL has a lower defensive rating. Meaning when he's on the floor the Celtics allow more points per possession than the Clippers when Bledsoe is on the floor.

BTW both of these guys were compared a lot in college and leading up to the draft.

StateOfMind12
04-23-2012, 01:23 AM
Avery Bradley plays twice as many minutes as Eric Bledsoe does so adjusting their stats to per 36 minutes is just a cheap way of boosting Eric Bledsoe's credentials and statistics.

The answer is Avery Bradley and it probably always will be.

b0bab0i
04-23-2012, 01:24 AM
Did you lose an Avy bet CF86?

Clippersfan86
04-23-2012, 01:24 AM
Avery Bradley plays twice as many minutes as Eric Bledsoe does so adjusting their stats to per 36 minutes is just a cheap way of boosting Eric Bledsoe's credentials and statistics.

The answer is Avery Bradley and it probably always will be.

That has to do with Bledsoe coming off injury. Bledsoe is the better athlete and more gifted defender. BTW if we were comparing a 35 minute to a 10 minute player it would matter.... but a 12 to 21 mpg player? Close enough to compare.

Clippersfan86
04-23-2012, 01:25 AM
Did you lose an Avy bet CF86?

Yes. I avy bet myself. I thought Hornets game was over and Blackwaves picked Clippers to comeback in 4th. I told him if they do I'll wear Lakers avy for 2 weeks :cheers: .

StateOfMind12
04-23-2012, 01:26 AM
That has to do with Bledsoe coming off injury. Bledsoe is the better athlete and more gifted defender.
Now find me at least 3 other people that believe that.

Clippersfan86
04-23-2012, 01:26 AM

Oh wow.. Celtics avy now? Are you a Celtics, Thunder or Bulls fan?

CardiacKemba
04-23-2012, 01:27 AM
That has to do with Bledsoe coming off injury. Bledsoe is the better athlete and more gifted defender. BTW if we were comparing a 35 minute to a 10 minute player it would matter.... but a 12 to 21 mpg player? Close enough to compare.

No he's not. Bradley is the better defender, there's a reason they aren't compared.

StateOfMind12
04-23-2012, 01:27 AM
Oh wow.. Celtics avy now? Are you a Celtics, Thunder or Bulls fan?
A Paul Pierce fan, lol at judging my teams based on my avatar. Favorite players go on my avatar, not favorite teams.

Clippersfan86
04-23-2012, 01:30 AM

Despite being 2 inches shorter... Bledsoe has the same wingspan, couple inches better vert, more speed/quickness and more explosiveness. Not to mention his shotblocking instincts and playing the passing lane instincts blow Bradley out of the water. It's not even close. The only area Bradley is currently better at is man defense.

Stern
04-23-2012, 01:31 AM
Bradley is probably the best man to man defender in the league.

Pushxx
04-23-2012, 01:32 AM
Despite being 2 inches shorter... Bledsoe has the same wingspan, couple inches better vert, more speed/quickness and more explosiveness. Not to mention his shotblocking instincts and playing the passing lane instincts blow Bradley out of the water. It's not even close. The only area Bradley is currently better at is man defense.

Have you ever even seen Bradley play?

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/imagecache/Node_Page/images/1310483866536.jpg

BGriffin's Dad
04-23-2012, 01:32 AM

Bledsoe is a better athlete and defender

ClutchOver9000
04-23-2012, 01:33 AM
<<< :pimp:

Clippersfan86
04-23-2012, 01:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHLxFmI4fHk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1fwAVl4YYg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L2zLg-PXCU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOQXiv8GAdA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDH_FR3dvaU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKYRtwt8xyk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fV8qwXeZD8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWInx1q6BKo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUhpNXQE1I4

Clippersfan86
04-23-2012, 01:38 AM
Have you ever even seen Bradley play?

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/imagecache/Node_Page/images/1310483866536.jpg

Go look at the numbers bro. I'm looking at draft express now.

Eric Bledsoe: 6'0, 6'7.5 wingspan. Max vert 39 inches (vert info from Clippers staff).

Avery Bradley: 6'2, 6'7.25 wingspan. Max vert 37.5 inches.

It's actually funny. Bledsoe is two inches shorter and has half an inch wingspan on Bradley.

CardiacKemba
04-23-2012, 01:41 AM
Bledsoe is a better athlete and defender

3 people that AREN'T Clippers fans.

Clippersfan86
04-23-2012, 01:51 AM
NBA post up scouting report on Bledsoe. Look at the defensive grades. All A and A+. The only bad grades are related to offense, which are things Bradley struggles with as well.

http://www.nbapostup.com/eric-bledsoe-scouting-report-2011

"Amazing perimeter defender. Outstanding at forcing turnovers. Amazing rebounder. Amazing transition defense. Outstanding shotblocking force"

Chicago Bulls scouting report:

"Defensively, Bledsoe shuts down opposing point guards and can carry that ability to the next level. In fact, Bledsoe was the best defender on Kentucky's team last year. He possesses great front line and lateral speed and making him a disruptive force, stopping penetration or bodying them up physically. With his quick hands and long wingspan, he plays the passing lanes and picks the pocket of opposing guards."

ballup
04-23-2012, 02:16 AM
CF86, we are all tired of you hyping Bledsoe as if anyone outside of Clippers' nation should care about him.

I thought this thread had potential, but then I saw your PER 36 stats. :facepalm

Clippersfan86
04-23-2012, 02:18 AM
CF86, we are all tired of you hyping Bledsoe as if anyone outside of Clippers' nation should care about him.

I thought this thread had potential, but then I saw your PER 36 stats. :facepalm

I did that because neither have played starter minutes all year. I know projected stats aren't always accurate but they are a safe bet a lot of the time. It's not like I did PER 48 or anything. Just PER 36. Besides.... anybody who's watched both players would know this is a fair, logical discussion.

ballup
04-23-2012, 02:26 AM
I did that because neither have played starter minutes all year. I know projected stats aren't always accurate but they are a safe bet a lot of the time. It's not like I did PER 48 or anything. Just PER 36. Besides.... anybody who's watched both players would know this is a fair, logical discussion.
Any "PER XX" stats is just plain stupid. Are we making the assumption that players play at the same quality and rate no matter how many minutes they are given? Get that nonsense outta here!

Clippersfan86
04-23-2012, 02:29 AM
Any "PER XX" stats is just plain stupid. Are we making the assumption that players play at the same quality and rate no matter how many minutes they are given? Get that nonsense outta here!

So you can never compare a player unless they play identical minutes? That's silly. Projected stats can be very useful and NBA teams/scouts use them all the time :facepalm . Reality is Bledsoe is an extremely good, underrated defender who has the same kind of value as Bradley.

Same age, more athleticism, better shotblocker, better at getting steals, better rebounder. The ONLY thing Bradley even has on Bledsoe right now is man defense and that's due to a great defensive coach/teammates and opportunity. Bledsoe is just more gifted, period. Better wingspan despite being shorter, better speed/quickness, better vert, better explosiveness. Stronger. List goes on.

OmniStrife
04-23-2012, 02:32 AM
Yes. I avy bet myself. I thought Hornets game was over and Blackwaves picked Clippers to comeback in 4th. I told him if they do I'll wear Lakers avy for 2 weeks :cheers: .

http://dbaldan.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/foreveralone.gif

BlackVVaves
04-23-2012, 02:38 AM
NBA post up scouting report on Bledsoe. Look at the defensive grades. All A and A+. The only bad grades are related to offense, which are things Bradley struggles with as well.

http://www.nbapostup.com/eric-bledsoe-scouting-report-2011

"Amazing perimeter defender. Outstanding at forcing turnovers. Amazing rebounder. Amazing transition defense. Outstanding shotblocking force"

Chicago Bulls scouting report:

"Defensively, Bledsoe shuts down opposing point guards and can carry that ability to the next level. In fact, Bledsoe was the best defender on Kentucky's team last year. He possesses great front line and lateral speed and making him a disruptive force, stopping penetration or bodying them up physically. With his quick hands and long wingspan, he plays the passing lanes and picks the pocket of opposing guards."

Bradley has developed into a noticeably better offensive player than Bledsoe this season. So Bledsoe's limitations on the offensive end are no longer comparable to Bradley.

Bledsoe is an incredible defender, and will maybe one day morph into the player you have been trying to convince us he can be. But as of right now, this very minute of this very day, Bradley is the better player, offensively and defensively.

Grinder
04-23-2012, 02:38 AM
Stats aside, here's my take on this.

Not a single guard in the NBA right now uses his lateral quickness on the defensive end of the floor better than Bradley. He can stay in front of anyone, hounds defenders relentlessly, and usually makes astute plays and reads on the defensive end. He's extremely sound off the ball and hardly ever misses a defensive rotation. He's also shown a lot of smarts defending bigger players on the perimeter.

On the offensive end, his shooting is rapidly improving and he's becoming a pretty damn good mid range shooter and is money with the corner 3. His cutting off the ball on the weak and strong side is excellent and he makes the most out of his lack of ball skills to still be a factor on this end of the floor. He's a strong finisher and is good in transition.

About Bledose - I watched nearly every game of his at Kentucky and he's undoubtedly an excellent defender when he wants to be. Like Bradley, he's far from being a true point guard and enjoys incredible physical attributes to compensate for his lack of size as a 2 guard. As a point guard, he was extremely turnover prone at Kentucky and isn't much of a playmaker so I'd give Bradley an edge in passing.

On attributes alone, Bledsoe does have a slight advantage, especially strength wise. He's not as fundamentally sound on the defensive end and gambles for steals quite a bit more than Bradley. With his feet set, he's a solid shooter, but his release is slow and deliberate and right now he's not a knockdown shooter because of this.

He doesn't move off the ball quite as well but he's probably better in transition because of explosiveness coupled with his strength allowing him to finish better with body contact.

All in all, I'd say right now that Bradley is a better player and better defender but that's not say Bledsoe couldn't be just as good if he becomes more fundamentally sound on the defensive end and improves his ball skills and court vision.

Clippersfan86
04-23-2012, 02:43 AM
Stats aside, here's my take on this.

Not a single guard in the NBA right now uses his lateral quickness on the defensive end of the floor better than Bradley. He can stay in front of anyone, hounds defenders relentlessly, and usually makes astute plays and reads on the defensive end. He's extremely sound off the ball and hardly ever misses a defensive rotation. He's also shown a lot of smarts defending bigger players on the perimeter.

On the offensive end, his shooting is rapidly improving and he's becoming a pretty damn good mid range shooter and is money with the corner 3. His cutting off the ball on the weak and strong side is excellent and he makes the most out of his lack of ball skills to still be a factor on this end of the floor. He's a strong finisher and is good in transition.

About Bledose - I watched nearly every game of his at Kentucky and he's undoubtedly an excellent defender when he wants to be. Like Bradley, he's far from being a true point guard and enjoys incredible physical attributes to compensate for his lack of size as a 2 guard. As a point guard, he was extremely turnover prone at Kentucky and isn't much of a playmaker so I'd give Bradley an edge in passing.

On attributes alone, Bledsoe does have a slight advantage, especially strength wise. He's not as fundamentally sound on the defensive end and gambles for steals quite a bit more than Bradley. With his feet set, he's a solid shooter, but his release is slow and deliberate and right now he's not a knockdown shooter because of this.

He doesn't move off the ball quite as well but he's probably better in transition because of explosiveness coupled with his strength allowing him to finish better with body contact.

All in all, I'd say right now that Bradley is a better player and better defender but that's not say Bledsoe couldn't be just as good if he becomes more fundamentally sound on the defensive end and improves his ball skills and court vision.

Great post from an unbiased party. Though you didn't mention just how much better of a rebounder, shotblocker and steals player Bledsoe is than Bradley. It's literally not even close in any of those categories. Bradley is no doubt the better offensive player right now and a better man defender. That said.. the defensive gap isn't big by any means.

Overall Bradley is the better player but Bledsoe has a higher defensive upside IMO.

ballup
04-23-2012, 02:44 AM
So you can never compare a player unless they play identical minutes? That's silly. Projected stats can be very useful and NBA teams/scouts use them all the time :facepalm . Reality is Bledsoe is an extremely good, underrated defender who has the same kind of value as Bradley.

Same age, more athleticism, better shotblocker, better at getting steals, better rebounder. The ONLY thing Bradley even has on Bledsoe right now is man defense and that's due to a great defensive coach/teammates and opportunity. Bledsoe is just more gifted, period. Better wingspan despite being shorter, better speed/quickness, better vert, better explosiveness. Stronger. List goes on.
Players can be compared if they play different minutes, but you have to compare players by watching them. If they play similar minutes, it's much easier to compare their stats. As stated before, PER XX stats make way too many assumptions that should be factored into player evaluations.

Reality is, both are promising young players. All you are doing is pushing your homeristic agenda. And how is man defense due to coaching/teammates? That's purely on the defender's ability.

Clippersfan86
04-23-2012, 02:46 AM
Players can be compared if they play different minutes, but you have to compare players by watching them. If they play similar minutes, it's much easier to compare their stats. As stated before, PER XX stats make way too many assumptions that should be factored into player evaluations.

Reality is, both are promising young players. All you are doing is pushing your homeristic agenda. And how is man defense due to coaching/teammates? That's purely on the defender's ability.

You don't think having a great defensive minded coach like Doc has ANYTHING to do with his development or the consistently great defense of the Celtics of the last 5 years? Please tell me you don't feel this way....

I can't imagine how much better Bledsoe could be with a great defensive coach like Thibs or Doc. BTW I know it seems like I'm trying to degrade Bradley but I'm really not. I'm just tired of the talks about great defensive, young players.. and Bledsoe being left out. I used Bradley as the example because in college and pre draft they were compared heavily. Both are similar in a lot of ways, 2nd year players and 21 years old.

I actually really love Bradley's game and I'm extremely happy for his emergence. League needs more elite defenders like him.

ballup
04-23-2012, 03:01 AM
You don't think having a great defensive minded coach like Doc has ANYTHING to do with his development or the consistently great defense of the Celtics of the last 5 years? Please tell me you don't feel this way....

I can't imagine how much better Bledsoe could be with a great defensive coach like Thibs or Doc. BTW I know it seems like I'm trying to degrade Bradley but I'm really not. I'm just tired of the talks about great defensive, young players.. and Bledsoe being left out. I used Bradley as the example because in college and pre draft they were compared heavily. Both are similar in a lot of ways, 2nd year players and 21 years old.

I actually really love Bradley's game and I'm extremely happy for his emergence. League needs more elite defenders like him.
We were talking strictly about man defense. Bradley was already a great defender before he came into the league. That was half the reason why Ainge wet his pants when Bradley was still on the board by the time the Celtics had their pick. It's been said that Bradley had great NBA type defense before he even set foot into Boston. Coaches can help you with tips and tricks, but they don't make players into better man defenders. Coaches help teams improve their team defense. Great man defenders have great athletic ability along with great instincts. Those are two things you can't teach.

Ok you feel sad that a player you like isn't getting the exposure you'd like him to get. Why care so much about the attention?

Clippersfan86
04-23-2012, 03:11 AM
We were talking strictly about man defense. Bradley was already a great defender before he came into the league. That was half the reason why Ainge wet his pants when Bradley was still on the board by the time the Celtics had their pick. It's been said that Bradley had great NBA type defense before he even set foot into Boston. Coaches can help you with tips and tricks, but they don't make players into better man defenders. Coaches help teams improve their team defense. Great man defenders have great athletic ability along with great instincts. Those are two things you can't teach.

Ok you feel sad that a player you like isn't getting the exposure you'd like him to get. Why care so much about the attention?

Gary Payton mentored and improved the defense of Jason Kidd. Doc is known as a great defender and has absolutely had a hand in the development of Bradley. Bradley was no better of a man defender than Bledsoe coming out of Kentucky. I agree you either have it or you don't... but if you do it can be improved and refined.

jdm_dc_fan
04-23-2012, 03:22 AM
I can't take you serious because I know if a trade were in order you would trade him for bradley without hesitation. But this is the internet and my comment is irrelevant without facts. Or I don't care just feel like trolling a troll.

Seriously though. Bradley>bledsoe

Nick Young
04-23-2012, 03:29 AM
Bledsoe has all the athletic advantages over Bradley and still is a much worse player who can only earn 12 minutes a game for a team much shittier than Bradley's. What is your point son?

ballup
04-23-2012, 03:29 AM
Gary Payton mentored and improved the defense of Jason Kidd. Doc is known as a great defender and has absolutely had a hand in the development of Bradley. Bradley was no better of a man defender than Bledsoe coming out of Kentucky. I agree you either have it or you don't... but if you do it can be improved and refined.
Doc hasn't influenced Bradley's man defense much, only his team defense. Ever since Bradley got minutes not in garbage time, he has shown he can defend at a high NBA level. To say that Doc/Celtics are a major factor in his great man defense is a bit ludicrous. Bradley has not really improved his man defense, only in his confidence and understanding of the game.

Clippersfan86
04-23-2012, 03:36 AM
Bledsoe has all the athletic advantages over Bradley and still is a much worse player who can only earn 12 minutes a game for a team much shittier than Bradley's. What is your point son?

Clippers have two 14 ppg players ahead of Bledsoe off the bench (Mo Williams, Nick Young) and he's coming off knee surgery. Can't compare the situations.

Nick Young
04-23-2012, 03:40 AM
Clippers have two 14 ppg players ahead of Bledsoe off the bench (Mo Williams, Nick Young) and he's coming off knee surgery. Can't compare the situations.
Just like how Bradley is putting up meaningful minutes on a contender and Bledsoe is a fourth stringer on a team destined for second round exit at best. Can't compare the two players.

JGXEN
04-23-2012, 04:24 AM
Clippersfan86, why the **** are you starting a discussion when you already believe that Bledsoe is the better defender no matter what constructive arguments people are posting? This is why people hate you, idiot.

roffie
04-23-2012, 06:47 AM
until blesdoe gets his "oppurtunity", this thread is pointless.. i mean sure, blesdoe has had some solid performance, but the sample size is too small to be compared with bradley

therefore, bradley >> blesdoe

Celtic_Pride
04-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Are there still people who take this fool seriously?

He is the one who said Bledsoe is better player and has a better upside than Kyrie Irving!

DuMa
04-23-2012, 12:34 PM
bledsoe will never get his chances playing behind chris paul. he will never be a star. i love his hustle and tenacity on the court but he is unquestionably the best trade bait the clippers have this offseason.

Darius
04-23-2012, 12:38 PM
Because Bledsoe is a change of pace back up and Bradley is a starter?

MeLO MvP 15
04-23-2012, 12:42 PM
This is such a typical Clippersfan86 thread. Start getting defensive about a subject nobody brings up and then just lets his hommerism completely blind him.

I think Bradley has been getting a little over-rated recently, but he's much better than Bledsoe right now. Sure part of it could be opportunity, but Bledsoe hasn't really proven to be more than a change of pace guard off the bench.

BlackWhiteGreen
04-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Well, at least he can agree that offensively Bradley blows him out the water. Bradley scored 28 without the big 4 against Atlanta the other night.

Crown&Coke
04-23-2012, 01:41 PM
I like both guys, but I think comparing them is apples and oranges

Although both play both guard spots, Bradley is probably going to play more off guard his career unless someone gives him a starting job somewhere. Bledsoe will play point, mostly because at his size he really isn't going to flourish at the 2

Bledsoe's offense takes the cake. And even though Bledsoe is a very underrated defender, Bradley checks 1's and 2's very effectively and thats a very good trait to become a premiere defensive guard

Bledsoe's injury hurt his year, and playing behind CP3 doesn't help. Bledsoe has a better upside because he can be a terror both ways. But Bradley's effectiveness defensively at both guard spots cannot be denied.

Both guys are on my "to watch list" going forward. Bledsoe is going to surprise some folks, he really got some game

04-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Bledsoe turns the ball over way too often, unless he fixes that he won't ever be jack shit..

CelticBaller
04-23-2012, 04:46 PM
OP said bledsode was a rondo that can shoot :oldlol:

Clippersfan86
05-29-2012, 01:32 PM
How about now? Some eyes were opened and people see the comparison much more clearly.

In the playoffs when Bledsoe was on the court, the Clippers scored 115 points per 100 possessions, and gave up 100. When he was on the bench, they scored only 90, and gave up 105.

He led the team in player efficiency rating in the playoffs. (The number that measures offense and basically ignores defense, where he is their best player.) In 11 games, against two of the best defensive teams in the league, the leader was Bledsoe (22.6) — not Blake Griffin (21.1) or Chris Paul (20.4).

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-29-2012, 01:49 PM
How about now? Some eyes were opened and people see the comparison much more clearly.

In the playoffs when Bledsoe was on the court, the Clippers scored 115 points per 100 possessions, and gave up 100. When he was on the bench, they scored only 90, and gave up 105.

He led the team in player efficiency rating in the playoffs. (The number that measures offense and basically ignores defense, where he is their best player.) In 11 games, against two of the best defensive teams in the league, the leader was Bledsoe (22.6) — not Blake Griffin (21.1) or Chris Paul (20.4).

:applause:

Dude was mad efficient these playoffs. 43% from 3PT and 59% from the field overall which is a stark improvement from the regular season. Vinny just needs to play him more. 17MPG for that kind of productivity is mind numbing.

33teeth
05-29-2012, 01:51 PM

Dude was mad efficient these playoffs. 43% from 3PT and 59% from the field overall which is a stark improvement from the regular season. Vinny just needs to play him more. 17MPG for that kind of productivity is mind numbing.

Maybe he was only that productive because of his limited minutes :confusedshrug:

Clippersfan86
05-29-2012, 01:53 PM

Dude was mad efficient these playoffs. 43% from 3PT and 59% from the field overall which is a stark improvement from the regular season.

Vinny just needs to up his minutes. 17MPG for that kind of productivity is mind numbing.

Vinny needs to die already. Check this out.

Prior to Game 3, with two home games looming and the series far from decided, Del Negro was asked if he might shuffle the starting lineup in light of his reserves

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Maybe he was only that productive because of his limited minutes :confusedshrug:

Bledsoe was playing about a quarter a game before the playoffs began and wasn't putting up those type of numbers.

I don't think so.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2012, 01:56 PM

Did you even watch him? Guy had 12 and 13 point 4th quarters in the Spurs series in two games. He dropped 23 on them from everywhere on the floor in 27 minutes. Has nothing to do with limited minutes.... if anything he's being held back by that. Sure his PER would drop... but his all around numbers+impact would increase tremendously.

This guy has absurd PER 36 stats for a backup PG. He is 2nd in the NBA for shotblocking rate for guards after D Wade. 2nd in offensive rebounding rate for guards. Point is the guy plays his ass off and those are things he will obviously produce more if he gets more minutes.

SpecialQue
05-29-2012, 02:00 PM
No need to boost GAWDsoe. There's a reason why teams keep trying to come up with trades to get the guy.

Clippers need to hang onto him, regardless of the trade. He's gonna be a beast.

Snoop_Cat
05-29-2012, 02:02 PM
damn, if only Bledsoe was a few inches taller, he could get all the starting SG minutes....

It's A VC3!!!
05-29-2012, 02:03 PM
He's a great energy guys. I would love to have him on the Nets. Maybe replace him for Farmer?:confusedshrug:

Clippersfan86
05-29-2012, 02:03 PM
No need to boost GAWDsoe. There's a reason why teams keep trying to come up with trades to get the guy.

Clippers need to hang onto him, regardless of the trade. He's gonna be a beast.

:cheers: ....Was looking at saved threads and seeing people rip the hell out of Bledsoe and thought it was worthy to revisit now that people got to see him unleash beast mode and be the breakout player of the playoffs this year.

I was reading an article last week saying that many GM's are salivating at the chance to have Bledsoe and his trade value has skyrocketed. Imagine next year how good this kid will be after a full training camp+coaching? Hope we get a coach who sees his value and figures out that he needs to start or at worst get Mo's minutes and play 25-30 mpg.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2012, 02:05 PM
damn, if only Bledsoe was a few inches taller, he could get all the starting SG minutes....

I agree if he was like 6'4 for example it would be AMAZING. That being said... his 6'8 wingspan allows him to play much bigger than his 6'1 frame (similar to Avery Bradley). Not to mention his insane strength and athleticism... let him play bigger. I saw this guy guard Manu a lot for the Spurs series and do a damn good job. If he can guard Manu he can start at SG. Only SG I think he literally has zero chance to guard... is somebody like Joe Johnson who's massive.

SpecialQue
05-29-2012, 02:06 PM
:cheers: ....Was looking at saved threads and seeing people rip the hell out of Bledsoe and thought it was worthy to revisit now that people got to see him unleash beast mode and be the breakout player of the playoffs this year.

I was reading an article last week saying that many GM's are salivating at the chance to have Bledsoe and his trade value has skyrocketed. Imagine next year how good this kid will be after a full training camp+coaching? Hope we get a coach who sees his value and figures out that he needs to start or at worst get Mo's minutes and play 25-30 mpg.

There's that, but also isn't CP3 mentoring him? The Clippers next season are going to be a monster. Just look at what they were able to achieve by just learning on the fly.

cltcfn2924
05-29-2012, 02:06 PM

How about AB playing with an injury. What a tool. This is a retarded post.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2012, 02:09 PM
There's that, but also isn't CP3 mentoring him? The Clippers next season are going to be a monster. Just look at what they were able to achieve by just learning on the fly.

CP3+Billups mentored him. Did you see him using the CP3 move lol? Where he puts his back into the defender and keeps him shielded? He used it a lot in the playoffs.... made me laugh.

Smoke117
05-29-2012, 02:19 PM

Considering their strengths lay in two different areas I find that hard to believe. Gary Paytons strength as a defensive player was as a one on one defensive stopper and Jason Kidds was as a tremendous help defender.

It's A VC3!!!
05-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Considering their strengths lay in two different areas I find that hard to believe. Gary Paytons strength as a defensive player was as a one on one defensive stopper and Jason Kidds was a tremendous help defender.

Jason Kidd was a great one on one defender too. He spent a lot of time guarding LeBron in the Finals last year. Don't devalue that part of his game.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2012, 02:24 PM
Considering their strengths lay in two different areas I find that hard to believe. Gary Paytons strength as a defensive player was as a one on one defensive stopper and Jason Kidds was a tremendous help defender.

My only point in that post was that having great defenders like KG around Bradley+ a great defensive coach like Doc have helped with his development, although he's always been a great defender. Bledsoe is playing on a defensively weak team for a horrendous coach. Get Nate McMillan or SVG in here and watch Bledsoe REALLY blow up.