PDA

View Full Version : Assuming it's Heat/Knicks in the 1st round

Mr. Incredible
04-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Who do you have winning & in how many games?

For me, Heat in 7.

This is going to be a heck of a series if this happens, which it looks like it is.

Carmelo vs. LeBron is going to be exciting to watch. I feel that Wade will have a huge game 7 to lift the Heat into the 2nd round. It won't be easy though.

Clutch
04-23-2012, 11:43 AM
Before the season I really thought we could knock out the Heat but right now I doubt it.

Heat in 5.

I think we have a much better shot against the Bulls but if we can steal one in Miami who knows.

iDunk
04-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Knicks in 6 or 7.

coin24
04-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Its a shame the Knicks dropped that game the day before, playing like shit. Because it looks like Orlando are imploding, they could have snagged the 6th seed:facepalm :facepalm

I think they should tank for 8th honestly, dont see them beating the heat, only chance is Amare/Chandler dominating the paint, or getting ridiculously hot from 3 ( not crazy to imagine, Knicks have some decent shooters ).. I just think they have a better shot to advance if they face the Bulls:confusedshrug:

Sarcastic
04-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Its a shame the Knicks dropped that game the day before, playing like shit. Because it looks like Orlando are imploding, they could have snagged the 6th seed:facepalm :facepalm

I think they should tank for 8th honestly, dont see them beating the heat, only chance is Amare/Chandler dominating the paint, or getting ridiculously hot from 3 ( not crazy to imagine, Knicks have some decent shooters ).. I just think they have a better shot to advance if they face the Bulls:confusedshrug:

If Orlando loses to the the Bobcats(yea I know :lol), then the Knicks can still grab the 6 seed.

coin24
04-23-2012, 11:56 AM
If Orlando loses to the the Bobcats(yea I know :lol), then the Knicks can still grab the 6 seed.

Orlando are playing shit, but not sure anyone can play that badly:lol

stallionaire
04-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Knicks in 6 or 7.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Lebron23
04-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Miami in 4. Knicks needs to get the 8th seed. The Bulls are beatable right now because Rose is still not 100% healthy.

niko
04-23-2012, 11:59 AM
Miami in 4. Knicks needs to get the 8th seed. The Bulls are beatable right now because Rose is still not 100% healthy.
Who won the title last year in your little fantasy world?

stallionaire
04-23-2012, 12:02 PM
Miami Heat in 4 blowouts.

Sarcastic
04-23-2012, 12:03 PM
Miami Heat in 4 blowouts.

He said Heat/Knicks, not Heat/Wolves.

arifgokcen
04-23-2012, 12:05 PM
I think more realistic option is knicks losing to clippers and of course winning against charlotte.I think they should rest their starters against clippers at least melo.Because losing this game would be beneficial to them.Because it means chi-town-knicks.Because of rose's injury and deng elbow knicks have a very good chance of upsetting bulls.

Of course this is assuming phi wins next three games which is very likely

Nets,Bucks,Detroit

Heat would beat them in 5.I am being optimistic.

stallionaire
04-23-2012, 12:06 PM
He said Heat/Knicks, not Heat/Wolves.

Healthy Wolves had a superior record to your Knicks this season in a tougher conference than the weak ass East.

Wolves would defeat the Knicks in 5 if they ever had a series.

shady6121
I've got the Heat winning this series, though as unlikely as it maybe, the Knicks still have a puncher's chance.

chips93
the bulls could crush the knicks on the boards

im not sure that the bulls are a better match-up for NY

niko
04-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Healthy Wolves had a superior record to your Knicks this season in a tougher conference than the weak ass East.

Minnesota is 13 games under 500. So um, no they don't have a better record. We had as many injuries as you did but we played through them, Minnesota fell apart.

Sarcastic
04-23-2012, 12:09 PM

HAHA, you're still salty after we beat you in Minnesota.

The Knicks bad record was under D'Antoni. Under Woodson, they are one of the best in the league.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings

6th overall, and 4th in the East.

stallionaire
04-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Minnesota is 13 games under 500. So um, no they don't have a better record. We had as many injuries as you did but we played through them, Minnesota fell apart.

Before Ricky went down our record was better than the Knicks. Don't misinterpret what I said. I'm well aware that we have been 4-19 with Ricky Rubio gone.

niko
04-23-2012, 12:10 PM
Before Ricky went down our record was better than the Knicks. Don't misinterpret what I said. I'm well aware that we have been 4-19 with Ricky Rubio gone.
I'm sorry, we've lost Melo, Amare, Lin among others for significant amount of time during the season. So basically you don't count when your stars are hurt but count when the Knicks stars are hurt? QFT.

Wolves suck, deal with it.

Sarcastic

Before Ricky went down, the Knicks were still coached by D'Antoni. Also, the Wolves were trending down even with Wubio.

stallionaire
HAHA, you're still salty after we beat you in Minnesota.

The Knicks bad record was under D'Antoni. Under Woodson, they are one of the best in the league.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings

6th overall, and 4th in the East.

:biggums:

That was a close game, I'll admit. 4th quarter fall apart.

I'll take Love-Rubio-Pek over your divas any day.

as long as you admitted it though

Wolves with Ricky > Knicks with D'antoni.

PJR
The Knicks will finish the season without a single victory against Miami. Regular season and playoffs included.

ImmortalNemesis
04-23-2012, 12:11 PM
Miami would toy with New York. Miami in 4; 5 or 6 if Carmelo takes over one of the games.

stallionaire
04-23-2012, 12:11 PM
Before Ricky went down, the Knicks were still coached by D'Antoni. Also, the Wolves were trending down even with Wubio.

8th seed tied with the Nuggets I believe in the playoffs when Ricky was injured.

jbryan1984
04-23-2012, 12:13 PM
What is great about that is, in my years watching LeBron, no other small forward has given LeBron as much trouble as Melo has. Both men's stats against the other are pretty even, its not like Melo is this great defender or anything, Bron just usually loses against him. They have faced 15 times head to head, Melo's team has won 9 of the meetings.

Sarcastic
04-23-2012, 12:15 PM
What is great about that is, in my years watching LeBron, no other small forward has given LeBron as much trouble as Melo has. Both men's stats against the other are pretty even, its not like Melo is this great defender or anything, Bron just usually loses against him. They have faced 15 times head to head, Melo's team has won 9 of the meetings.

I'm just hoping Wade's finger is really banged up and affects his shot.

coin24
04-23-2012, 12:15 PM
I still cant believe how quickly after Rubio went down, the Wolves went down the toilet:oldlol:

But Kevin Love is a beast!!! No, he sucks:oldlol:

Da Doc04
04-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Heat in 6

stallionaire
04-23-2012, 12:16 PM
I still cant believe how quickly after Rubio went down, the Wolves went down the toilet:oldlol:

But Kevin Love is a beast!!! No, he sucks:oldlol:

Barea and Ridnour don't work well with our frontcourt. They are good in spurts but in no way were they ever expected to run our offense.

arifgokcen
04-23-2012, 12:23 PM

Watch the games.Knicks gave bulls all they can handle.Even though bulls are much better on the boards.Knicks frontcourt are significantly better than bulls' and knicks bench is very strong as well.Rose is not %100 dont forget that too.

However against miami they didnt show any sign of life.Knicks can win against bulls with talent but against miami they dont have anything.So bulls are a much better matchup than heat.

Dont forget none of the knicks-heat games were close.However besides last game bulls and knicks have battled and bulls actually lost to knicks

Apogee
04-23-2012, 12:27 PM

so your saying in order to win you need the heat to not be at full strength cause thats the only way you'll win

Tenchi Ryu
04-23-2012, 12:29 PM
Watch the games.Knicks gave bulls all they can handle.
Not at all....We played like shit, and they BARELY was able to beat us by one point. Next game, we had control the entire game.

Miami is definitely a better match up imo for NY. Better matchups, weak perimeter defense, and a weak bench.

Hittin_Shots
04-23-2012, 12:31 PM
I want Knicks to play and beat the bulls. Even though their posters here are mostly douches.

Sarcastic
04-23-2012, 12:31 PM
so your saying in order to win you need the heat to not be at full strength cause thats the only way you'll win

Are the Knicks at full strength?

Hittin_Shots
04-23-2012, 12:33 PM
Are the Knicks at full strength?

From what I've seen they've played better when not at 'full strength'.

TheBluest
04-23-2012, 12:34 PM
Heat will sweep but Melo will blackout 1 game. Kind of like the Celtic series last year.

Sarcastic
04-23-2012, 12:35 PM
From what I've seen they've played better when not at 'full strength'.

They were 6-1 with Melo/STAT/Lin/Tyson on the court at the same time with Woodson as the coach, and routing teams by double digits, including "2 winnable games" in a home/home with the 3rd seed Indiana Pacers.

Indian guy
04-23-2012, 12:36 PM
We should all be rooting for this match-up, because it will be the ONLY sexy match-up of the 1st round story-wise. The rest are Bulls-76ers, Pacers-Magic, Celtics-Hawks, Spurs-Jazz, Thunder-Mavs, Lakers-Nuggers and Clippers-Grizzlies. Can you say :sleeping

Sarcastic
04-23-2012, 12:40 PM
We should all be rooting for this match-up, because it will be the ONLY sexy match-up of the 1st round story-wise. The rest are Bulls-76ers, Pacers-Magic, Celtics-Hawks, Spurs-Jazz, Thunder-Mavs, Lakers-Nuggers and Clippers-Grizzlies. Can you say :sleeping

Celtics/Hawks, Thunder/Mavs, and Clippers/Grizzlies should all be good first round match ups too.

DuMa
04-23-2012, 12:41 PM
NY will be tanking like crazy to get to Chicago. no doubt. THey want no part of the Heat.

Indian guy
04-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Celtics/Hawks, Thunder/Mavs, and Clippers/Grizzlies should all be good first round match ups too.

Thunder/Mavs & Clippers/Grizzlies should be pretty good basketball-wise, but there aren't any story lines there. Maybe Thunder/Mavs....

LWBMIA
04-23-2012, 12:46 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Heat ends this series in 5.

The one thing that scares me about New York is their 3 point shooting but that's about it.Melo is gonna get his points but I don't want Smith/Novak/ Davis killing Heat from 3 point range.

Pacers is definitely the best match up for Knicks in round 1 then Bulls/Heat in terms of "easier" opponent but in terms of excitement and star power Heat/Knicks takes the cake...

SilkkTheShocker
04-23-2012, 12:52 PM
I got Heat in 5.

Could get interesting if Melo/Amare get it to work.

SilkkTheShocker
04-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Not at all....We played like shit, and they BARELY was able to beat us by one point. Next game, we had control the entire game.

Miami is definitely a better match up imo for NY. Better matchups, weak perimeter defense, and a weak bench.

Most teams would rather take their chances with the Bulls over Miami.

HEAT111
04-23-2012, 12:59 PM
No matter which seeding the Heat would've taken. They eventually had to go through two tough match ups.

arifgokcen
04-23-2012, 01:03 PM

What about the first two games and dont forget amare was injured for the last two.

Bulls are definitely better matchup for knicks.than heat

lilgodfather1
04-23-2012, 01:05 PM
I think 4 games is likely. I can't see the Knicks even getting one win, hope I am wrong though. I would love to see the panic on Heat "fans" posts.

pegasus
04-23-2012, 01:06 PM
NY will be tanking like crazy to get to Chicago. no doubt. THey want no part of the Heat.

Is that why they beat the Hawks in Atlanta yesterday?:facepalm

LABean
04-23-2012, 01:15 PM
Heat will sweep the Knicks.

Is Lin coming back?
If so, I hope the Bulls get the Knicks. I wanna see my boy Rose shit on that fool. :rockon:
Bulls sweep them too.

Kingwillball
04-23-2012, 01:31 PM
I think Knicks will steal one at home.. Heat in 5..

arifgokcen
04-23-2012, 01:36 PM

Is Lin coming back?
If so, I hope the Bulls get the Knicks. I wanna see my boy Rose shit on that fool. :rockon:
Bulls sweep them too.

Lin would be benched against both heat and bulls.Because these two teams are two of the best defensive teams.Do you remember what heat did to lin.

In any case,i dont see knicks beating neither bulls nor heat.

pmj
04-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Knicks take at least one game, probably two. The way Melo is playing, he can win one game on his own, and their role players can get hot from 3 at home at least once. Miami is horrible defending the 3.

I would like their chances against Chicago tbh, but they can give a good showing to the Heat as well.

guy
04-23-2012, 02:09 PM
Call me crazy, but I might actually think the Knicks will win. First of all, Wade doesn't sound like he's going to be 100%, and he's been in and out of the lineup all year with little injuries. Second, I still think Lebron has mental toughness issues that he hasn't gotten over and I think there will be a series this year that that implodes just like it has the last 2 years for him. And it would make sense for that to happen in what might be the most hyped up series of the whole playoffs and probably the most hyped up 1st round series ever and playing away in the greatest arena in all of basketball and in a series with so much starpower and right after its been pretty much a given that he's won MVP. Throw in the fact that New York has so much momentum right now, Melo's playing the best ball of his career, Chandler/Shumpert are playing like possibly the best big/wing defensive combo in the league, and they have a much deeper bench. The only knock on them is if the Melo/Amare chemistry issues come up and Melo defers too much.

vinsanity2756
04-23-2012, 02:09 PM
I think the knicks have a chance, the way melo can score, you are never out of a game in my opinion. Hope they put shumpert on wade and fields on james. Stoudemire is an achilles heel on defense though, he's gonna have to step up on that end of the floor. Throw in some zone here and there (in order to stop wade and james from penetrating), they can't stand that, they don't have an answer for it or spoelstra for that matter hasn't got an answer for it.

returnofthemack
04-23-2012, 02:16 PM
knicks will have a very hard time beating miami. stranger things have happened though. i would absolutely love to see the knicks take down the heat. i would have a small amount of love for a new york team for the first time in my life if this happens

FKAri
04-23-2012, 02:18 PM
Heat in 5 sadly.

What shot? :lol

Is Lin coming back?
Bulls sweep them too.

"your boy Rose" is rustier than the Titanic. He'd be benched for critical stretches lol.

pmj
04-23-2012, 02:18 PM
Also, they can't win on Melo's scoring alone. But if they can get some consistency from a guard penetrating/facilitating, ideally BDiddy but maybe JR too, that can get Chandler, Amare, and their shooters easy points, and they get scary real quick when everyone is involved.

SilkkTheShocker
04-23-2012, 02:24 PM
I can't wait to see Tenchi Ryu's excuse when the Bulls get swept in the ECF.

knickswin
04-23-2012, 02:25 PM
I think the Knicks are MASSIVE underdogs in such a series.

The only thing that gives me hope is that Melo has been blowing my mind for a month. His play has been plain unbelievable.

What is the best case scenario for my Knicks? Amar'e gives enough effort to not ruin the great defense the Knicks have been playing and also starts hitting his jumpers consistently. Baron, Shumpert, and J.R. don't let their idiocy get in the way of winning too much. Melo continues to play at the level he has and hits Novak and J.R. for three pointers. Then maybe the Knicks have a sliver of hope.

Dwyane Rose
04-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Depends on whether Lin plays or not.

Gundress
04-23-2012, 04:33 PM
I hope the Knicks win the first round serious so f*ck the Heat. Never like the Heat.

Clutch
04-23-2012, 04:34 PM
Depends on whether Lin plays or not.
He won't play.

TeamLAC
04-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Heat > Knicks
Bulls > Knicks

LABean
04-23-2012, 04:41 PM
He won't play.
Source?

pegasus
04-23-2012, 04:42 PM
If refs don't give Miami a ridiculous amount of calls like they usually do, and if Wade's injury bothers him, I can see the Knicks having a fighting chance.

Amare needs to at least offset Bosh's input, and Wade needs to be contained. I'm pretty sure Melo will hold his own against Lebron as usual, and will be the more clutch player out of the two. As long as Miami's role players don't catch fire, the Knicks should be able to take this to 6 or 7, and even win the series.

EnoughSaid
04-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Heat in 5. Maybe the Knicks take a game at MSG. I don't know for sure though. :confusedshrug:

I.Malcolm
04-23-2012, 04:44 PM
If the refs call the series straight up and Amare + Melo can click, I'm taking the Knicks in 7. The Knicks could dominate the paint, have almost as much star power, and Melo is the best closer on the court.

F8ck the Heat.

Clutch
04-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Source?
I don't know,they told that days/weeks ago.

Lin won't be ready for the 1st round,he might get back for the 2nd round if the Knicks advance.

blablabla
04-23-2012, 04:46 PM
we had a chance against miami without stat
with stat playing well this could be an interesting series
i'd say with stat this series will go to 7

Lord Leoshes
04-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Heat sweep in 4, maybe in 5, dropping the 4th game after sweeping the 1st 3 games.

Sarcastic
04-23-2012, 05:42 PM
Heat sweep in 4, maybe in 5, dropping the 4th game after sweeping the 1st 3 games.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2libe5nCG1rtnwmvo1_500.gif

LockoutOver11
04-23-2012, 05:45 PM

they will... it sucks but they will.

TheAesirsFinest
04-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Not sure why people are underestimating the Knicks. Compared to the other contenders, their strengths and weaknesses are pretty much equal.

It'd probably go to a 6 game series imo. Considering how heavily each team depends on volatile stars such as LeBron and Melo, it could go either way.

EnoughSaid
04-23-2012, 05:56 PM
What the hell is going on in this thread? Does anyone remember how people were saying the Celtics would beat the Heat in the 2nd round? What happened then? And the Celtics were a team full of people experienced with the playoffs. Knicks don't stand a chance, and if anyone thinks that Melo and Amare could extend this to 6 games is an idiot. :facepalm

Lord Leoshes
04-23-2012, 05:58 PM

You should find one with a teardrop in his eye, that way it would be more realistic to what he expects. :cry:

TheAesirsFinest
04-23-2012, 06:05 PM
What the hell is going on in this thread? Does anyone remember how people were saying the Celtics would beat the Heat in the 2nd round? What happened then? And the Celtics were a team full of people experienced with the playoffs. Knicks don't stand a chance, and if anyone thinks that Melo and Amare could extend this to 6 games is an idiot. :facepalm

Ridiculous. I assume you watch a majority of Heat games - how can you possibly be ignorant of or ignore all the flaws this Heat team has? You think it's 100% impossible for the Knicks to outplay the Heat for even 2 games?

:oldlol:
I really wish LeBron went to some other NBA team.

EnoughSaid
04-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Ridiculous. I assume you watch a majority of Heat games - how can you possibly be ignorant of or ignore all the flaws this Heat team has? You think it's 100% impossible for the Knicks to outplay the Heat for even 2 games?

:oldlol:
I really wish LeBron went to some other NBA team.

I think it's impossible for anyone to beat the Heat TWICE when LeBron and Wade are playing at that next level.

The Ownage
04-23-2012, 06:28 PM
I think it's impossible for anyone to beat the Heat TWICE when LeBron and Wade are playing at that next level.
The Heat dropped a game against Philly, Boston and Chicago last year in the playoffs, all away from home. It's certainly possible that the Knicks can take 1-2 games away from the Heat, considering that the Knicks have a strong crowd at MSG. Carmelo has always matched up very well against Lebron and we don't know the extent of Wade's injury, combined with Shumpert being an excellent defender. Bosh has the ability to easily outplay Amare on the offensive side so I think he will be a big factor in deciding how many games are played in the series.

I wouldn't be surprised if this series went to 6 games.

EnoughSaid
04-23-2012, 06:35 PM
You guys are overrating the Knicks like crazy. They're the 7th WORST team in the Eastern Conference. What makes you think they can get two games off the Heat? :facepalm Just don't be disappointed when the Heat take them out in no more than 5 games.

The Ownage
04-23-2012, 06:45 PM
You guys are overrating the Knicks like crazy. They're the 7th WORST team in the Eastern Conference. 7th best, not worst. What makes you think they can get two games off the Heat? Maybe if you read the post you would see why. :facepalm Just don't be disappointed when the Heat take them out in no more than 5 games. Oh man it'll be so disappointing if we lose the series in a game less than expected. What a travesty!
:sleeping

EnoughSaid
04-23-2012, 06:49 PM
It's ridiculous for you to assume that the team that barely has a winning record can take down the Miami Heat, who would have 3 of the best 4 players in the series, and have 2 exceptional players who ALWAYS and consistently turn it up for the Playoffs.

ihoopallday
04-23-2012, 06:52 PM
Couple Ways Knicks could give Miami a fight

1. 3 pt. shooting: Miami likes to help a lot on defense which leaves shooters open.

2. Rebounding: Chandler was killing us on the boards last year with the Mavs. I expect the same this year.

3. Miami Bench: We all know how bad Miami's bench is on offense. For NY, you have Smith, Novak, etc. coming in. These guys can get hot quick.

As a Heat fan, I'm worried if we face NY.

EnoughSaid
04-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Couple Ways Knicks could give Miami a fight

1. 3 pt. shooting: Miami likes to help a lot on defense which leaves shooters open.

2. Rebounding: Chandler was killing us on the boards last year with the Mavs. I expect the same this year.

3. Miami Bench: We all know how bad Miami's bench is on offense. For NY, you have Smith, Novak, etc. coming in. These guys can get hot quick.

As a Heat fan, I'm worried if we face NY.

Worried? :roll: This Knicks team does NOT play defense. LeBron and Wade will have a field day with this team.

The Ownage
04-23-2012, 06:57 PM
Worried? :roll: This Knicks team does NOT play defense. LeBron and Wade will have a field day with this team.
Wow you really are an idiot. :roll:

LockoutOver11
04-23-2012, 06:58 PM
You guys are overrating the Knicks like crazy. They're the 7th WORST team in the Eastern Conference. What makes you think they can get two games off the Heat? :facepalm Just don't be disappointed when the Heat take them out in no more than 5 games.

its part of being a knicks fan,,, the knicks are one of the most overrated franchises. while its cool as **** when they do have a team that can compete for a championship... it just doesn't ****ing work here. they get the wrong stars... I would've given the knicks a chance against the heat if fields had become a new starks, or could pull off what marion did to lebron and wade last year.... but he's regressed. I don't trust J.R., Tyson is gonna fight tho. I dunno what Amare will bring, hopefully even out what Bosh brings... its unfair to expect Shump to lock down Wade or anything... he won't get many calls in his favor,, BDiddy... I wish he could be a factor,, but his real game what would make him an X Factor.. its way behind him.

Its just hard to think Lebron will choke again... but then again its not. He's done it so much this season,,, I just don't ****ing get it. The same dude who dethroned my pistons...,,

Heat should win 4-1... if not sweep... Knicks might get one in the garden. But i doubt it since Lebron flourishes in MSG. Wade does too.

ihoopallday
04-23-2012, 06:59 PM

Lol. I'm sure LeBron will average great numbers, it's Wade I'm also worried about. Hopefully that index finger doesn't give him too much trouble. Anyways, I see Miami winning this round. Just don't want to get too excited. I still have flashbacks of that finals game 2. We had that win and collapsed. We won the next game and could've been up 3-0. Still haven't gotten over that :(

EnoughSaid
04-23-2012, 07:06 PM
Wow you really are an idiot. :roll:

Okay. If you honestly think the Knicks could trouble LeBron, Wade or Bosh, then you're beyond delusional. No one should be scared of this Knicks team. The only mini-scary part is Tyson Chandler, but I think he won't be able to change anything at all. If he's gonna be the one covering Bosh, fine.

cteach111
04-23-2012, 07:27 PM

from what i remember, a lot of Celts fans were extremely anxious to get Shaq back for that series because they knew their odds of winning in a series with no big man was slim to none.

I just think that's a bad example to use. The Celts were clearly falling apart heading into the postseason that year (after the all star break). That's when they started losing a lot of games. They didn't bring the same kind of energy each night either.

The Knicks are something of a wild card. I don't see them as a team that functions with nearly the same chemistry that the Celtics did, but some of their games have been impressive under Woodson. They are playing with more confidence and energy than I've seen from the Celtics at this same point last year.

That said, I'd take the Heat in 6. Consistency is still an issue with the Knicks imo. I don't trust Fields, JR Smith, nor Davis all that much.

EnoughSaid
04-23-2012, 07:31 PM
You GUYS ARE CRAZZZY. At the end of the day, if the Knicks can't shoot above 40% from 3 in a game, they won't win. Heat are too good defensively, and offensively. Also, the Knicks are 29th in turnovers. And we all know how good the Heat are at turning turnovers into automatic points. At the end of the day, it's going to come down to who will make runs during the games. I personally think if you're going to go ahead and put your playoff hopes on a couple of guys (JR, Discount Double Check) getting hot from 3, then you're done. And Bosh would probably dominate Amare and cause him tons and tons of problems.

Bigsmoke
04-23-2012, 07:33 PM
Heat in 5

actually, the Knicks are one of the better defensive teams in the NBA. It may have a lot to do with the coaching change and the Tyson Chandler and Iman Shumpert addition

EnoughSaid
04-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Heat in 5

actually, the Knicks are one of the better defensive teams in the NBA. It may have a lot to do with the coaching change and the Tyson Chandler and Iman Shumpert addition

So who's going to guard the MVP? Shumpert? :lol

Draz
04-23-2012, 07:40 PM
love how this entire thread is about the wolves.

Dengness9
04-23-2012, 07:45 PM
The farthest this series would go is 6 games.

I won't even say anything else besides, time will prove the Knicks just aren't in the Heat's universe.

shrempf_on_rice
04-23-2012, 07:57 PM
I've got the Knicks in 7. History tends to repeat itself, remember the last lockout year? Knicks and Spurs in the Finals.. Book it!

Bigsmoke
04-23-2012, 08:11 PM
I've got the Knicks in 7. History tends to repeat itself, remember the last lockout year? Knicks and Spurs in the Finals.. Book it!

heres the thing

-they split that series 2-2 back then in the regular season. Heat own the knicks 3-0 this time around

- Wade wasnt playing in the NBA in 1999 neither was LeBron

- Knicks were 27-23 while the Heat were 33-17. :confusedshrug: The Heat now are 46-18 and the Knicks are 34-30

hell on paper, the Knicks looked like the better team anyway.

EnoughSaid
04-23-2012, 08:14 PM
Are we seriously comparing this bumb-ass team to the Pat/Starks team? :facepalm

kNicKz
04-23-2012, 08:20 PM
knicks in 5

kNicKz
04-23-2012, 08:20 PM
come at me :biggums:

hawksdogsbraves
04-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Just wait til you see how bad of a playoff coach Mike Woodson is. I don't think anybody but Hawks fans remember.

Trentknicks
04-23-2012, 08:44 PM
You GUYS ARE CRAZZZY. At the end of the day, if the Knicks can't shoot above 40% from 3 in a game, they won't win. Heat are too good defensively, and offensively. Also, the Knicks are 29th in turnovers. And we all know how good the Heat are at turning turnovers into automatic points. At the end of the day, it's going to come down to who will make runs during the games. I personally think if you're going to go ahead and put your playoff hopes on a couple of guys (JR, Discount Double Check) getting hot from 3, then you're done. And Bosh would probably dominate Amare and cause him tons and tons of problems.

Did you see Lebron and Wade's turnover numbers in the last Knicks-Heat game? Yes you won but we were missing 2 starters. And Bosh dominate Amare, GTFO

shrempf_on_rice
04-23-2012, 08:48 PM

Pat/Starks team??

It was 1999 knicks had sprewell and allan houston while Miami had Zo, hardaway, mashburn and Pat Riley was the coach of the Heat...

LBJDW305
04-23-2012, 09:39 PM
Chicago fans are terrified of the heat so they come here and say the Knicks will beat heat :roll: :lol:

bleedinpurpleTwo
04-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Heat in 5.
However it should be a sweep with the amount of talent the Heat has...and they are very well rested.

cteach111
04-23-2012, 10:51 PM
heres the thing

-they split that series 2-2 back then in the regular season. Heat own the knicks 3-0 this time around

Sure, but if you've been tracking the Knicks at all this season, they had a different team every time they played the Heat.

1) Knicks played without Melo with Wade coming back from injury

2) Knicks played the Heat during Lin's emergence

3) the Woodson Knicks - does it matter that Amare was absent from this? maybe. It may have actually helped the Knicks that Amare was absent. Not sure here.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks take 2 games in a series with the Heat. I'm looking at how they've played as a team during Woodson's time running the ship.

blablabla
04-24-2012, 05:21 AM
you recently admitted that you started watching bball in 2010 so please stop trying to school anyone here
the knicks match up really well with the heat
the only thing that worries me are the turnovers and miamis ability to turn them into points

Teanett
04-24-2012, 05:28 AM
in 99?
:roll: :roll: :roll:

chips93
04-24-2012, 05:32 AM
So who's going to guard the MVP? Shumpert? :lol

chander deserves as much credit as any mav, for slowing down lebron innthe finals

All Net
04-24-2012, 07:44 AM
Be surprised if Knicks get more than a game...

bluechox2
04-24-2012, 07:59 AM
pple pretending like the knicks werent injured in last years playoffs and got swept

melo has goten hot at the right time, amare is c omming back from an injury, not into one...
we are coming together at the right time

DStebb716
04-24-2012, 08:18 AM
Heat in 6. Probably more like Heat in 5.

But don't get me wrong, I have every confidence that if anybody is going to knock them out early it's the Knicks.