PDA

View Full Version : Spurs win to clinch the West...by 35.

ninephive
04-23-2012, 10:41 PM
:lebronamazed:

Rob123
04-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Im not sure how the Spurs arent the scariest team in the league right now.

They've literally steamrolled everyone

TeamLAC
04-23-2012, 10:43 PM
clinched the f*ck out of the west. :eek:

Grinder
04-23-2012, 10:44 PM
The amazing thing is how well Pop is managing minutes of his players and still getting easy wins. No matter who's out there, they still get easy buckets and knock down threes. There was almost no drop off when James Anderson, DeJuan Blair, and Patty Mills came in.

leopoldstotch
04-23-2012, 10:44 PM
50 wins is still atainable. :applause: the streak may continue.

the_future02
04-23-2012, 10:45 PM
I think its only fair that all Spurs fans take up a collection to pay World Peace's fine after sealing the deal for the number 1 seed :lol

EoJ
04-23-2012, 10:46 PM
They gonna lose to jazz in first round

Mr Know It All
04-23-2012, 10:48 PM
Going to be funny when their play style is compromised in the playoffs for the 2nd straight year. If the Jazz don't take them out you can guarantee that the Clippers or Grizzlies will.

thelucifer69
04-23-2012, 10:52 PM
Don't get it Spurs play beautiful basketball and stay humble and ppl just want them out in 1 round unfair

Mr Know It All
04-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Don't get it Spurs play beautiful basketball and stay humble and ppl just want them out in 1 round unfair

I don't want anything from them. I like Pop, Duncan, and Ginobli, but I know a pretender when I see one. Their style of play just does not work in the playoffs. They are wonderfully coached, and I think it's great that Pop has put some of those pieces together perfectly to have amazing regular season success, but they will buckle under the grind of the playoffs.

TheAesirsFinest
04-23-2012, 10:57 PM

Thanks to linzomourning/moosejuicebowen. Some of the hate for that idiot spilled over to the Spurs since he made 10 threads a day about them. Irrational yes, but it's inevitable.

Whoah10115
04-23-2012, 10:58 PM
The Grizzlies will take them out. But I don't believe any other team would. They're stacked. Danny Green is very good. Thiago Splitter. DeJuan Blair. Boris Diaw. Stephen Jackson. Gary Neal. Not to mention Kawhi Leonard.

Then you consider their three best players.

The only thing I don't like about them is that I think Pop is going to play Ginboili off the bench again. And that's stupid. It always has been. At least since 2005. I know we're supposed to trust him and Ginobili off the bench is supposed to be some brilliant idea. It's stupid. "It" never worked. He's a great player and they're a great team, in spite of it. Playing off the bench now, when he's playing the best he's ever played and when Duncan is not the same...that's stupid.

westsideozzie
04-23-2012, 11:01 PM
These are not the same Spurs. These Spurs have legitimate wing defenders, and a guy like Diaw who is versatile to enough to play any position in the front court. Sleep on the Spurs if you will at your own peril.

Wonder Bread Kid
04-23-2012, 11:01 PM
Going to be funny when their play style is compromised in the playoffs for the 2nd straight year. If the Jazz don't take them out you can guarantee that the Clippers or Grizzlies will.

It's gonna be funny when you decide to watch nba and buy a clue.

SCdac
04-23-2012, 11:02 PM
I think an underrated part of why they're doing well is - as sad as I am to say it - who they're not playing vs. who they are playing:

R. Jefferson - mailed it in all too often, man-man defense was ok at best, wasn't worth the $ (but SA got him for nothing)
A. McDyess - A+ for effort, hustle, and heart, but his athleticism/speed was lacking and retirement seemed right
G. Hill - an absolute killer at times, but inconsistent and was quiet often and maybe not somebody to build around
A. Gee/Temple/Udoka/Simmons - all pretty much filler (A. Gee is decent), replaced by Leonard, Jackson, Diaw, and Green

The scary part is those guys ^ were all part of a 61 win team... But this current team is more youthful, deeper, and more active on offense and defense. Plus, Tiago is playing much more, and Duncan seems to have benefited from a deep team/shortened season.

kileer7
04-23-2012, 11:03 PM
Totally blew the Blazers out of the place. Congrats Spurs fans.

leopoldstotch
04-23-2012, 11:04 PM
The Grizzlies will take them out. But I don't believe any other team would. They're stacked. Danny Green is very good. Thiago Splitter. DeJuan Blair. Boris Diaw. Stephen Jackson. Gary Neal. Not to mention Kawhi Leonard.

Then you consider their three best players.

The only thing I don't like about them is that I think Pop is going to play Ginboili off the bench again. And that's stupid. It always has been. At least since 2005. I know we're supposed to trust him and Ginobili off the bench is supposed to be some brilliant idea. It's stupid. "It" never worked. He's a great player and they're a great team, in spite of it. Playing off the bench now, when he's playing the best he's ever played and when Duncan is not the same...that's stupid.

i trust pops knows what he is doing. Ginobli can still come off the bench and play 30+ minutes. if pops knows something isn't working, he's going to fix it. At the moment, the only disadvantage I see the Spurs have is their defense. It's looked a bit spotty.

As for tonight's game, they scored 124 points, 6 in double figures, with Duncan and Green leading the team with 18 points each.

Danny Green shot 6/6, 4/4 3's, 2/2 ft 18 points in 15 minutes.
:bowdown:

AT9

How people can still believe this kind of garbage is beyond me. As previous posters have noted, the Spurs have been destroying everyone lately. I heard a stat today that over the past 21 games, they've won 19. One was a trash game in Utah where the big three didn't even make the trip, and the other was a beat down by LA (you could make the argument that the big three didn't show up for that game either...).

And yes, I know, they lost in the first round last year. So? The Grizz had thier number all season long and Manu was injured. Oh, and this year's team is WAY better than last year's team.

I'm not saying they'll win it all, but they're heading into the playoffs as the hottest team in the NBA with the number 1 seed. Saying that the Grizz, Clipers, and Jazz would take them out is laughable.

Wonder Bread Kid
I don't want anything from them. I like Pop, Duncan, and Ginobli, but I know a pretender when I see one. Their style of play just does not work in the playoffs. They are wonderfully coached, and I think it's great that Pop has put some of those pieces together perfectly to have amazing regular season success, but they will buckle under the grind of the playoffs.

Forget an avatar bet. I will bet you 10k. I'll fax you a contract so it's a legit bet. What do you say?

SCdac
04-23-2012, 11:10 PM
Richard Jefferson against the Grizz last season:

Game 1: 13 points, 36 minutes
Game 2: 16 poitns, 33 minutes
Game 3: 4 points, 35 minutes
Game 4: 0 points, 25 minutes
Game 5: 6 points, 33 minutes
Game 6: 0 points, 10 minutes

Series average: 6.5 PPG (.38 FG%)

I'm telling you guys... addition by subtraction.

These Spurs without him, alone, are a better team.

Whoah10115
04-23-2012, 11:15 PM
i trust pops knows what he is doing. Ginobli can still come off the bench and play 30+ minutes. if pops knows something isn't working, he's going to fix it.

The point is it was always dumb and it, in itself, never worked. They were just a great enough team, and Manu a great enough player, that they won. But it was always dumb.

Tim Duncan is no longer the best player in the league. He's not even the 2nd best player on the team. Now is not the time for Manu to be a 6th man. Great coach or not.

Saying that the Grizz, Clipers, and Jazz would take them out is laughable.

The Grizzlies are the best team in the West. So there isn't anything laughable there. Too many people are talking about them potentially upsetting people. Look at their team. They're more than just x-factors. Issue is how Hollins gets Randolph into the starting lineup. They have 0 shot of winning without him starting.

boojitede
04-23-2012, 11:16 PM
good. now they will sit their starters vs the suns on wed..

if suns win tomorrow and wed we play em first round:rockon:

Wonder Bread Kid
04-23-2012, 11:18 PM
Richard Jefferson against the Grizz last season:

Game 1: 13 points, 36 minutes
Game 2: 16 poitns, 33 minutes
Game 3: 4 points, 35 minutes
Game 4: 0 points, 25 minutes
Game 5: 6 points, 33 minutes
Game 6: 0 points, 10 minutes

Series average: 6.5 PPG (.38 FG%)

I'm telling you guys... addition by subtraction.

These Spurs without him, alone, are a better team.

This is all that needs to be said. Along with Hill being inconsistent and too short to guard taller perimeter players, the Spurs without a healthy Manu were screwed last year.

We got rid of Jefferson and Hill and added Green, Leonard and Jackson.

RaininTwos
04-23-2012, 11:19 PM
Forget an avatar bet. I will bet you 10k. I'll fax you a contract so it's a legit bet. What do you say?
:biggums:

someone is trying too hard

Wonder Bread Kid
04-23-2012, 11:20 PM
good. now they will sit their starters vs the suns on wed..

if suns win tomorrow and wed we play em first round:rockon:

I doubt he sits all three. I can see him playing all three wed then sitting them Thursday and giving them two days rest before the playoffs start.

stephanieg
04-23-2012, 11:21 PM
Cool. Maybe this year they won't have a historic playoff collapse.

Wonder Bread Kid
04-23-2012, 11:23 PM
:biggums:

someone is trying too hard

Not at all. If I wanted to try too hard I'd bet 50k with no problem.

Its a lot of money no doubt but that's how confident I am in the Spurs. If he's confident in his assessment then he should have no problem taking the bet.

Wonder Bread Kid
04-23-2012, 11:24 PM
Cool. Maybe this year they won't have a historic playoff collapse.

They won't. Great contribution to this thread. :facepalm

AT9
04-23-2012, 11:27 PM
The Grizzlies are the best team in the West. So there isn't anything laughable there. Too many people are talking about them potentially upsetting people. Look at their team. They're more than just x-factors. Issue is how Hollins gets Randolph into the starting lineup. They have 0 shot of winning without him starting.

The best team in the West? Don't get me wrong, they have a great team and I certainly won't sleep on them like I did last year, but I don't see how you can say they're a better team than SA or OKC. They're the biggest upset threat, which by definition means they're not the best team.

I'd be willing to say they're the number 3 team, and even capable of upsetting the Thunder/Spurs if the conditions are right, but they aren't the best team.

Carbine
04-23-2012, 11:28 PM
The point is it was always dumb and it, in itself, never worked. They were just a great enough team, and Manu a great enough player, that they won. But it was always dumb.

Tim Duncan is no longer the best player in the league. He's not even the 2nd best player on the team. Now is not the time for Manu to be a 6th man. Great coach or not.

That's an incredibly bold statement to make considering they have done fine without Manu in the lineup, and Duncan is playing extremely well, regardless of how old he is.

Duncan is arguably their most important player. From him leadership, communication, defense/rebounding, and everything in between....he provides a lot of tangible and intangible things to the team - as much as anyone else does for the Spurs.

Whoah10115
04-23-2012, 11:32 PM
The best team in the West? Don't get me wrong, they have a great team and I certainly won't sleep on them like I did last year, but I don't see how you can say they're a better team than SA or OKC. They're the biggest upset threat, which by definition means they're not the best team.

I'd be willing to say they're the number 3 team, and even capable of upsetting the Thunder/Spurs if the conditions are right, but they aren't the best team.

The Thunder are nothing special this season and could even be taken out in the 1st round. They're about as overrated as you can get. They could get to the WCF's on the fact that the three best teams in the West won't play them in either the 1st or 2nd round.

Now, I don't want to declare Memphis the best. I think you have to earn it. But looking at it, looking on paper, looking at chemistry, looking at potency. They have the best team. They're no lock. They could get knocked out in the 1st round. But that would take Z-Bo being not being properly integrated, as well as Chris Paul being the best player on the court (which he will be).

Whoah10115
04-23-2012, 11:37 PM
That's an incredibly bold statement to make considering they have done fine without Manu in the lineup, and Duncan is playing extremely well, regardless of how old he is.

Duncan is arguably their most important player. From him leadership, communication, defense/rebounding, and everything in between....he provides a lot of tangible and intangible things to the team - as much as anyone else does for the Spurs.

Agreed with everything you said about Timmy. But he's by the 3rd best player on the team. Ginboili is a better player than Parker. They will have no success in the playoffs without Ginboili playing ball.

Lebron23
04-23-2012, 11:38 PM
See you in the NBA Finals.

Carbine
04-23-2012, 11:39 PM
Agreed with everything you said about Timmy. But he's by the 3rd best player on the team. Ginboili is a better player than Parker. They will have no success in the playoffs without Ginboili playing ball.

....and they would have no success without Timmy playing ball either.

What's your point?

Wonder Bread Kid
04-23-2012, 11:40 PM
As a Spurs fan that's watched every game this season. Tim Duncan is our second best player behind Parker.

Whoah10115
04-23-2012, 11:44 PM
....and they would have no success without Timmy playing ball either.

What's your point?

Whatever. Tim Duncan is by faaaaaar their 3rd best player and it's not even a discussion.

As a Spurs fan that's watched every game this season. Tim Duncan is our second best player behind Parker.

Means less than 0 that you're a Spurs fan. As a basketball fan, who doesn't change his rankings ever 35 games, Tim Duncan is your 3rd best player.

As if you have to be a Spurs fan to realize that Duncan playing the whole season is better than Ginobili missing 30 games. DUUUURRRHH.

SCdac
04-23-2012, 11:50 PM
something to keep in mind, since the AS break Tim Duncan is averaging:

17.1 PPG (52%), 9.5 RPG, 1.7 APG, 1.6 BPG

to put that in perspective, in the same time span (leading up to now):

A. Jefferson - 19.8 PPG
B. Griffin - 19.4 PPG
P. Gasol - 17.8 PPG
Bosh - 17.3 PPG
Randolph - 11.3 PPG

Point is, Duncan has been playing very well, and doesn't look as gassed as previous seasons. There's no rule that says he has to dominate for the Spurs to win; every year is different as the complexion of the league and competition changes.

Mr Know It All
04-23-2012, 11:50 PM

What's the bet? We'll put simple pride on the line. Or at least request a mod to change our user names. I've always loved those kinds of bets. But we must sort out the details.

Am I going on a 1st round exit? 2nd, 3rd? What are the stakes here buddy?

Whoah10115
04-23-2012, 11:53 PM
something to keep in mind, since the AS break Tim Duncan is averaging:

17.1 PPG (52%), 9.5 RPG, 1.7 APG, 1.6 BPG

to put that in perspective, in the same time span (leading up to now):

A. Jefferson - 19.8 PPG
B. Griffin - 19.4 PPG
P. Gasol - 17.8 PPG
Bosh - 17.3 PPG
Randolph - 11.3 PPG

Point is, Duncan has been playing very well, and doesn't look as gassed as previous seasons. There's no rule that says he has to dominate for the Spurs to win; every year is different as the complexion of the league and competition changes.

If I thought there was a rule then I wouldn't think they could win a title.

He's looked great. He's a top 5 center. But that doesn't mean he's a better player, TODAY, than either Ginobili or Parker. It's obvious those two are still in their primes.

Carbine
Whatever. Tim Duncan is by faaaaaar their 3rd best player and it's not even a discussion.

Means less than 0 that you're a Spurs fan. As a basketball fan, who doesn't change his rankings ever 35 games, Tim Duncan is your 3rd best player.

As if you have to be a Spurs fan to realize that Duncan playing the whole season is better than Ginobili missing 30 games. DUUUURRRHH.

You saying it doesn't make it a valid argument. I've yet to see why you think that Timmy is by far their third best player.

AT9
The Thunder are nothing special this season and could even be taken out in the 1st round. They're about as overrated as you can get. They could get to the WCF's on the fact that the three best teams in the West won't play them in either the 1st or 2nd round.

Now, I don't want to declare Memphis the best. I think you have to earn it. But looking at it, looking on paper, looking at chemistry, looking at potency. They have the best team. They're no lock. They could get knocked out in the 1st round. But that would take Z-Bo being not being properly integrated, as well as Chris Paul being the best player on the court (which he will be).

I agree that OKC is overrated. The NBA and companies marketing in the NBA are all in on young, money-making teams and players, so it's no surprise they're overrated. But, I still think Memphis is the third best in the West.

As for the best players on the Spurs, last year I would agree that Duncan was the third best by far (Manu, Parker, then Duncan), but both Duncan and Parker have really stepped it up this season:

1. Parker
2. Manu/Duncan

That being said, it's kind of a pointless issue. The Spurs probably won't get far if any one of those three are out.

SCdac
04-23-2012, 11:57 PM
He's looked great. He's a top 5 center. But that doesn't mean he's a better player, TODAY, than either Ginobili or Parker. It's obvious those two are still in their primes.

I really don't think it matters - they're still a three headed beast no matter which you configure it. Look at their combined totals in the last 20 or so games, and they've all traded responsibility in terms of scoring, playmaking, and leadership. I'd personally rank Parker slightly ahead of Duncan and Manu who are tied, but rankings don't mean anything if they're winning and sharing the ball...

Look at the last game against the Lakers:

Duncan - 21 points
Parker - 20 points
Manu - 20 points

AMISTILLILL
04-23-2012, 11:58 PM
Why are people arguing about the order of 'best player' on this team? Christ.

TMT
04-24-2012, 12:14 AM
I really don't think it matters - they're still a three headed beast no matter which you configure it. Look at their combined totals in the last 20 or so games, and they've all traded responsibility in terms of scoring, playmaking, and leadership. I'd personally rank Parker slightly ahead of Duncan and Manu who are tied, but rankings don't mean anything if they're winning and sharing the ball...

Look at the last game against the Lakers:

Duncan - 21 points
Parker - 20 points
Manu - 20 points

I agree that this year is clearly Parker oriented with Duncan/Manu taking the backseat. Parker's game is so versatile though that he can actually dominate the game without scoring the ball and that is scary. He's going to be our X-factor because he froze up in last year's playoffs. But I think our soon to be 1st team All-NBA point guard knows his team is depending on him more than ever this year, and he will be ready to step up to the plate.

jb220
04-24-2012, 12:17 AM
I gotta thank the Spurs, thanks to them I've been able to catch up on my sleep:applause:

TMT
04-24-2012, 12:19 AM
I gotta thank the Spurs, thanks to them I've been able to catch up on my sleep:applause:

said the average ISH fan who watched no Spurs games this or any other season. :rolleyes:

Wonder Bread Kid
04-24-2012, 12:30 AM

I guess the fact that I watched all 64 of their games so far is something you're going to skip over?

How many games have you watched?

Bottom line, Tim is the second most valuable player on the team.

Wonder Bread Kid
04-24-2012, 12:31 AM
said the average ISH fan who watched no Spurs games this or any other season. :rolleyes:

He's trolling. Ignore him.

Wonder Bread Kid
04-24-2012, 12:33 AM
What's the bet? We'll put simple pride on the line. Or at least request a mod to change our user names. I've always loved those kinds of bets. But we must sort out the details.

Am I going on a 1st round exit? 2nd, 3rd? What are the stakes here buddy?

You come up with the bet. What do you feel? 1k than?

TMT
04-24-2012, 12:36 AM
I guess the fact that I watched all 64 of their games so far is something you're going to skip over?

How many games have you watched?

Bottom line, Tim is the second most valuable player on the team.

If it was Tim instead of Manu that goes down at the beggining of the season, this team is a 4-6 seed at best.

Matty2Cool
04-24-2012, 12:38 AM
Not at all. If I wanted to try too hard I'd bet 50k with no problem.

Its a lot of money no doubt but that's how confident I am in the Spurs. If he's confident in his assessment then he should have no problem taking the bet.

Don't be a typical jump off the deep-end Spurs fan. Spurs have a great chance of taking the west if everything stays the same, that's really all to say. /thread

Whoah10115
04-24-2012, 12:42 AM
It matters. Not because there is any hierarchy, but being the best, 2nd best, 3rd best, on and on, matters...because to be that, you have to be valuable. Your performance has to be at a certain level.

Duncan has been their 2nd best player this season. OBVIOUSLY. Manu has missed half of the season. But that doesn't mean Duncan is, now, a better player than Manu. He isn't the same Tim Duncan. Manu is a top 15 player, for my money. And Parker is arguably there. They're both easily in the top 20.

As far as what's important...Duncan is still the team's leader. There are intangible things you can't measure.

The point is that Ginboili should be starting. That was the case back in the middle of the decade, but the league wasn't as strong as it is now. And Tim Duncan was in the prime of his career and maybe the best player in the league. That's not the case anymore.

The MPG are important but starting is also important. It's not just a technicality. Ginobili needs to be starting. That's all.

TMT
04-24-2012, 12:55 AM
It matters. Not because there is any hierarchy, but being the best, 2nd best, 3rd best, on and on, matters...because to be that, you have to be valuable. Your performance has to be at a certain level.

Duncan has been their 2nd best player this season. OBVIOUSLY. Manu has missed half of the season. But that doesn't mean Duncan is, now, a better player than Manu. He isn't the same Tim Duncan. Manu is a top 15 player, for my money. And Parker is arguably there. They're both easily in the top 20.

As far as what's important...Duncan is still the team's leader. There are intangible things you can't measure.

The point is that Ginboili should be starting. That was the case back in the middle of the decade, but the league wasn't as strong as it is now. And Tim Duncan was in the prime of his career and maybe the best player in the league. That's not the case anymore.

The MPG are important but starting is also important. It's not just a technicality. Ginobili needs to be starting. That's all.

Ginobili doesn't need to start. That's been made evident by the emergence of Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard who not only bring solid three point shooting but great defense. Manu's role is the general of the second unit and his chemistry with those guys (mainly Splitter) is off the charts good. Why mess up a good thing to make the starting lineup look better?

OmniStrife
04-24-2012, 12:58 AM
Now rest your starters against us, damn ya!

Gotterdammerung
04-24-2012, 01:04 AM
I agree that this year is clearly Parker oriented with Duncan/Manu taking the backseat. Parker's game is so versatile though that he can actually dominate the game without scoring the ball and that is scary. He's going to be our X-factor because he froze up in last year's playoffs. But I think our soon to be 1st team All-NBA point guard knows his team is depending on him more than ever this year, and he will be ready to step up to the plate.

Why would a veteran like Parker "freeze up" in the playoffs?

I did not watch every game, but it felt like the Spurs were fighting an uphill battle, but sinking into the sand with every struggle against the Grizzlies.

Duncan was gimpy and Ginobili had that busted elbow neutralizing his abilities. Parker couldn't carry the load by himself, and likely he was negated by Trick or Treat Tony Allen at key moments.

vinsane01
04-24-2012, 01:18 AM
This spurs team is so much better than last year team. That team won a lot of games using a run and gun offense, ala D'Antoni system, less defense compensated by quick shots on almost every possession. The adjustment was made because of the lack of depth. It worked for the most part but evidently not good enough to win against the top tier teams in the playoffs, particularly those teams with good transition defense and good interior offense/defense, like the grizz.

The spurs size has not improved drastically (albeit still a good improvement) from last year but the wing players level of talent jumped from sub par/mediocre to above/well above average. From RJ + some undersized SG/SF to S.Jackson, K.Leonard, D.Green. The addition of these guys are the key to the spurs success this season along with better defense and a more half court offense. A healthy Tiago, Manu and the addition Diaw is a big plus as well.

Bottom line, this team doesnt bear any resemblance from last year's team in terms of supporting cast and gameplay. I think most spurs fans agree with me when i say that most of us had our doubts with regards to last year's spurs capability to win anything. But this year? Im pretty confident about the spurs chances to win out west.... With all that said, anything can happen in the playoffs.

Mr Know It All
04-24-2012, 01:24 AM
You come up with the bet. What do you feel? 1k than?

I'm not going to make a cash bet with someone over the internet over your favourite team because you were offended at my analysis. I'll do an avy bet, whatever you wish short of me having to leave forever or some childish BS.

I believe the Spurs will make it past the Jazz, although not without having their fair share of problems with them. After that, I believe they will bow out in the second round to the Clips or Grizz, as I stated earlier. I believe in owning up to my predictions, I'm not a troll and I enjoy watching and discussing basketball. This is my opinion of the San Antonio Spurs, your San Antonio Spurs, I look forward to the playoffs to see how this all pans out.:pimp:

vinsane01
04-24-2012, 01:26 AM
I think what duncan has done after the all star break is under appreciated. He was the spurs best player during that run. Parker was their leader only at the start of the season. Kinda think of it, maybe parker's success opened up opportunities for duncan to relive his dominant years, by attracting the defense towards him. Regardless of the numbers, i think they are co-mvps of the spurs this season.

winnnaz
04-24-2012, 01:29 AM
Backed them a few weeks ago for the championship at 12/1. :coleman:

Nero Tulip
04-24-2012, 01:33 AM

The sad thing about this kind of idiot poster is that you already know they'll be nowhere to be found when the Spurs make the finals :facepalm

If you know anything about the NBA, you know they're a favourite to come out of the West.

Killbot
04-24-2012, 01:35 AM
Hopefully people realize that they should stop sleeping on the Spurs.

cteach111
04-24-2012, 01:36 AM
i gotta admit, the Spurs simply look incredible.

They're moving the ball as well as Dallas was last year. Actually, they look like they do it better than Dallas.

Wonder Bread Kid
04-24-2012, 01:40 AM
I'm not going to make a cash bet with someone over the internet over your favourite team because you were offended at my analysis. I'll do an avy bet, whatever you wish short of me having to leave forever or some childish BS.

I believe the Spurs will make it past the Jazz, although not without having their fair share of problems with them. After that, I believe they will bow out in the second round to the Clips or Grizz, as I stated earlier. I believe in owning up to my predictions, I'm not a troll and I enjoy watching and discussing basketball. This is my opinion of the San Antonio Spurs, your San Antonio Spurs, I look forward to the playoffs to see how this all pans out.:pimp:

I'll take the bet.

One year avy and title bet. Deal?

Also, I see by your spelling you (favourite) that you're likely from out of country. Bottom line, I doubt you've watched more than maybe a handful of Spurs games.

FKAri
04-24-2012, 01:45 AM
Should take a look at the highlites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJTplwC7ZBs

Globetrotters vs Generals shiz goin on.

Big#50
04-24-2012, 02:25 AM
Ginobili doesn't need to start. That's been made evident by the emergence of Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard who not only bring solid three point shooting but great defense. Manu's role is the general of the second unit and his chemistry with those guys (mainly Splitter) is off the charts good. Why mess up a good thing to make the starting lineup look better?
Manu and Splitter must be on the court together for at least 20 mins. Splitter gets open so much, but Neal and the rest never feed him. Half court offense is way better this season than last. If nothing is falling they can go PNR Manu/ Splitter. Second unit is playing really well. I think The Spurs are the best team in the NBA.

wagexslave
04-24-2012, 02:26 AM
Yay! Now maybe they'll rest their players against the Suns for the last game of the season. :cheers:

Boo! That means if we get the 8th seed we're going to lose to them in the playoffs AGAIN... :facepalm

DonDadda59
04-24-2012, 02:27 AM
Don't know why people bring up last year. Personally, I think this current Spurs team is considerably better, deeper, and oh yeah... Ginobli is healthy. Huge difference. They are not just winning games, they are thrashing teams, just tap dancing on them with key guys taking days off here and there.

Hopefully people realize that they should stop sleeping on the Spurs.

People have been sleeping on the Spurs since the late 90s, why would they stop now?

TMT
04-24-2012, 02:47 AM
Why would a veteran like Parker "freeze up" in the playoffs?

I did not watch every game, but it felt like the Spurs were fighting an uphill battle, but sinking into the sand with every struggle against the Grizzlies.

Duncan was gimpy and Ginobili had that busted elbow neutralizing his abilities. Parker couldn't carry the load by himself, and likely he was negated by Trick or Treat Tony Allen at key moments.

To his discredit he has the tendency to occasionally disturbed with dominant shotblockers inside. (I've seen the Spurs play in person when Tony Parker has been utterly shut down by Dwight Howard). When Tony isn't getting to the rim he isn't as effective, therefor closing up the paint will be huge for any team hoping to knock out the Spurs. Also according to observations from last postseason as well as this season, for some reason Mike Conley guards Parker better than any other point guard in the league. :confusedshrug:

Anyway there's a shot to meet them again in the WC semis. Can't wait.

Eric Cartman
04-24-2012, 02:48 AM
Yay! Now maybe they'll rest their players against the Suns for the last game of the season. :cheers:

Boo! That means if we get the 8th seed we're going to lose to them in the playoffs AGAIN... :facepalm

Last time they played Suns got the best of them so who knows?

TMT
04-24-2012, 02:51 AM
Last time they played Suns got the best of them so who knows?

They also had a man named Amare Stoudemire.

Eric Cartman
04-24-2012, 02:54 AM

Yeah who am i kidding ... they don't have Dragic, Stat and Richardson, they are royally screwed.

b4uc.23
04-24-2012, 02:54 AM
Now let phoenix get the 8th seed.. idc if they lose in the first round, i just want to see my boy nash play in the playoffs ffs!

TMT
04-24-2012, 02:58 AM
I honestly don't know who I'd rather go up against, Jazz or Suns. People think the Suns are an easy out but if Steve Nash can get going and get others hot then you never know. I'd probably take Utah slightly over Phoenix.

wagexslave
04-24-2012, 03:23 AM
And Goran "GOAT" Dragic... that amazing 4th quarter where he made the Spurs his b*tch to finish the sweep was one of the most satisfying things to watch as a Suns fan.

All Net
04-24-2012, 03:31 AM
Spurs/grizzles in round 2... Think be interesting wether spurs size is good enough come playoff time.

bluechox2
04-24-2012, 03:34 AM
spurs out by round 2

Mr Know It All
04-24-2012, 10:11 AM
I'll take the bet.

One year avy and title bet. Deal?

Also, I see by your spelling you (favourite) that you're likely from out of country. Bottom line, I doubt you've watched more than maybe a handful of Spurs games.

Haha alright deal. And I'm from Canada.

Doranku
04-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Looks like this year is going to be a mirror image of last year. Another Spurs first round exit, another lunatic fan committing suicide.

RIP, Wonder Bread Kid. Say hi to SinJackal for us!

JustinJDW
04-24-2012, 11:18 AM
Spurs didn't win last year, so that means they will loose this year.

ISH Logic.

I honestly don't know who I'd rather go up against, Jazz or Suns. People think the Suns are an easy out but if Steve Nash can get going and get others hot then you never know. I'd probably take Utah slightly over Phoenix.I prefer the Suns. Not only because of the rivalry and all, but because Utah is definitely going to go down swinging, hard. The Jazz are a really physical team. They like to ground and pound, and they got a deep and talented frontcourt. Al Jefferson can go shot for shot with Timmy in the low post, Millsap is everywhere, and Devin Harris always seems to go all out against us, even from his days in Dallas.

Not to mention the home-court advantage. The Jazz get some serious home court cooking in Utah. The U.S Airways Center in Phoenix however is basically are home away from home. We've played there before, a lot, and in the Playoffs, a lot.

Give me Phoenix man. I think they'll be an easier out for us, and the series will wear less on Timmy.

kurple
04-24-2012, 11:24 AM
lol at the guy saying the spurs style wont fit in the playoffs.

lol at the guy that said Gino of the bench have never worked

and this was just the first page

TheMan
04-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Im not sure how the Spurs arent the scariest team in the league right now.

They've literally steamrolled everyone
I know, to say they won't do anything because they got ousted last year early in the playoffs is ignorant, the Spurs are a legit championsgip caliber team this year...in fact I think they should be considered favorites to come out of the west.

SCdac
04-24-2012, 12:22 PM
lol at the guy saying the spurs style wont fit in the playoffs.

lol at the guy that said Gino of the bench have never worked

and this was just the first page

No shit... It reminds me of modern day American Politics. Democrats say something and Republicans are virtually obligated to disagree - no matter what was said, they have to disagree. It's like a Spurs fan says something, some Lakers douche has to refute it, "just because"...

Are people's memories that short that they've forgotten last years champions were a team people perennially and routinely doubted? A team with a 32 year old all star surrounded by solid role players...

I'm not saying the Spurs will win, but damn seems like folks on here can't think for themselves, a bunch of lemmings following whatever the guy ahead of them said.

Kiddlovesnets
04-24-2012, 02:04 PM
Only a shortened season can end the Spurs and Mavs 50+ wins run, lol.

Wonder Bread Kid
04-24-2012, 02:15 PM

Spurs win the next two, ours continues.

Odinn
04-24-2012, 03:13 PM
Spurs can keep their one but I don't think Pop will try hard to win last 2 games. He clinched the HCA for the WC. That's enough for him I guess.

Also I think not having the HCA would not be that much problem for them.
First 21 games: 12-9
After that: 36-7
First 10 road games: 2-8
After that at road: 18-3