PDA

View Full Version : Grinder any international prospects for 2012 draft?

GOBB
04-30-2012, 09:26 PM
Seems like this draft will be flooded with good ole fashion Americans. Curious if you were aware of any international prospects that may make a play into the first round or be worth a look 2nd rd.

Maga_1
04-30-2012, 09:46 PM
Evan Fournier, from France. Amazing talent with NBA long body.
Tomas Satoransky, plays in Zaragoza in ACB 6'7 PG .. won the last dunk contest in Spain. He's from Czech Republic, very athletic.
Nemanja Nedovic, from Serbia. It's basically a poor men Derrick Rose in my opinion. He's a SG stucked in an athletic PG body.

Then you have other guys like Adelmar (Turkey), Abrines (Spain), Lucas Nogueira and Raul Neto (Spain). And other kids that played in Nike Hoop Summit but they won't declare probably.

GOBB
04-30-2012, 10:10 PM
Evan Fournier, from France. Amazing talent with NBA long body.
Tomas Satoransky, plays in Zaragoza in ACB 6'7 PG .. won the last dunk contest in Spain. He's from Czech Republic, very athletic.
Nemanja Nedovic, from Serbia. It's basically a poor men Derrick Rose in my opinion. He's a SG stucked in an athletic PG body.

Then you have other guys like Adelmar (Turkey), Abrines (Spain), Lucas Nogueira and Raul Neto (Spain). And other kids that played in Nike Hoop Summit but they won't declare probably.

Thanks man. I thought that Lucas kid was drafted already last year? He must've pulled out. You think Evan Fournier will enter the draft and could he be a first round pick?

GOBB
04-30-2012, 10:20 PM
Damn Evan Fournier is only 18. He's mad young but watching one video he played pretty good finishing at the rack. Floaters, body control. Has a nice frame if he add some muscle to it.

Grinder
04-30-2012, 10:21 PM
Seems like this draft will be flooded with good ole fashion Americans. Curious if you were aware of any international prospects that may make a play into the first round or be worth a look 2nd rd.

Best international prospect is Jeffery Taylor from Sweden but I guess he doesn't really count because he played 4 years for Vandy. Probably a mid first rounder - 6'7" lockdown defender at the 3 spot, elite athlete, can knock down open 3s.

As for "true" international prospects, Evan Fournier is probably the only one that has a chance to go first round. He's had a great season in France and is a legit 6'7" wing with a lot of talent and good ball skills.

As Maga said, Nedovic and Satoransky could get drafted in the second round, both are really athletic but don't have a true position and haven't had the best seasons. I think Furkan Aldemir (Turkey) and Tornike Shengelia (Georgia) are better NBA prospects. Both have played and seen significant minutes at a high level in the Euroleague and are ready to contribute right away.

Aldemir doesn't do much offensively but he's a hustler, excellent rebounder, pretty athletic, and could potentially be a Taj Gibson type player if he can get a jumper.

Shengelia really impressed me in the European championships. He's a 6'9" combo forward, really athletic, rebounds well, and has a decent looking jumper. He can slash pretty well and shows a lot of intriguing traits. His game needs to be refined though and he plays in a below average league. I like his potential the most out of everyone except for Fournier in this group.

There's this Bosnian kid, Nihad Djedovic, who's pretty good too. He's a pure scoring wing and can fill it up quickly. I don't think he's got enough exposure to get drafted though. Could see him in the NBA a few years down the line as a free agent.

Maga_1
04-30-2012, 11:17 PM
Thanks man. I thought that Lucas kid was drafted already last year? He must've pulled out. You think Evan Fournier will enter the draft and could he be a first round pick?

Fournier is a Nicholas Batum (yea french comparasion) in my opinion. but he's more improved at this age that Batum was.
I can't really talk a lot about him, i only watched like 5 games of him .. but he's def NBA talent. Late 1st round maybe, i don't know.

Euroleague
05-01-2012, 03:59 AM
Furkan Aldemir, Evan Fornier, Tornike Shengelia, Nihad Djedovic, Alessandro Gentile, Nicolo Melli, Kostas Sloukas, Nikos Pappas, Kostas Papanikoloau, Vangelis Mantzaris.

Those are the best.

The best player is Pappas.

Karasev, Kulagin, Neto, Freire, Lima, Abrines, Van Oostrum, etc. I don't see them being in this draft at all. Too young or not the right time for them to declare.

Radosevic and Satoransky are talented, but overrated. As usual, the NBA puts too much emphasis on athletic ability.

Nedovic is just rated mainly because of his jumping ability.

Zubcic might get drafted, but he's overrated too.

Albicy is nice. But I don't see him on any mocks. He's good though.

Not sure about guys like Delas and Prostran, they have disappeared off the radar.

Some ACB players will probably get drafted, even if they don't deserve it. The NBA is obsessed with any ACB players now. That's probably why guys like Franch and Lima are on mocks.

Fiba basketball
05-01-2012, 04:00 AM
From Serbia theres only 2 players that have potential to be drafted , Nemanja Nedovic and Danilo Andjusic . I hope I m wrong but I think that they can be role players in some European team ( that doesnt play in Euroleague ) at best so I wouldnt draft them .

Euroleague
05-01-2012, 04:17 AM
From Serbia theres only 2 players that have potential to be drafted , Nemanja Nedovic and Danilo Andjusic . I hope I m wrong but I think that they can be role players in some European team ( that doesnt play in Euroleague ) at best so I wouldnt draft them .

But that makes them more likely to be drafted. Remember, the NBA likes to draft projects with some kind of imaginary "upside". Like, Nedovic can jump out of the building so they see him as "a prospect with huge upside".

They are not actually drafting based on how good the players are. Which is one of the reasons why so many NBA teams are laden with scrubs.

I mean, take someone like Khvostov. He was not drafted and is just as athletic probably as Nedovic is. He's also better and has actual point guard skills. But he does not make flashy highlight reel plays like Nedovic does.

Thus, why a similar, but better version of Nedovic (Khvostov) was not drafted, and why Nedovic might be drafted.

Because the NBA has hardly any interest at all in how good the players actually are.

Maga_1
05-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Furkan Aldemir, Evan Fornier, Tornike Shengelia, Nihad Djedovic, Alessandro Gentile, Nicolo Melli, Kostas Sloukas, Nikos Pappas, Kostas Papanikoloau, Vangelis Mantzaris.

Those are the best.

The best player is Pappas.

Karasev, Kulagin, Neto, Freire, Lima, Abrines, Van Oostrum, etc. I don't see them being in this draft at all. Too young or not the right time for them to declare.

Radosevic and Satoransky are talented, but overrated. As usual, the NBA puts too much emphasis on athletic ability.

Nedovic is just rated mainly because of his jumping ability.

Zubcic might get drafted, but he's overrated too.

Albicy is nice. But I don't see him on any mocks. He's good though.

Not sure about guys like Delas and Prostran, they have disappeared off the radar.

Some ACB players will probably get drafted, even if they don't deserve it. The NBA is obsessed with any ACB players now. That's probably why guys like Franch and Lima are on mocks.

I know all that guys, but i don't see them declaring or being drafted that's why i don't even wrote about them.

I agree with Pappas, amazing player.

chains5000
05-02-2012, 10:53 AM
I know all that guys, but i don't see them declaring or being drafted that's why i don't even wrote about them.

I agree with Pappas, amazing player.
And he didn't even play a minute for us.:facepalm

Maga_1
05-02-2012, 04:20 PM
And he didn't even play a minute for us.:facepalm

Which is pretty stupid, i know.

KG215
05-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Which is one of the reasons why so many NBA teams are laden with scrubs.

I hear that even our stars in the NBA aren't even good at basketball. They're just freak athletes who can run fast and jump high but have virtually zero actual basketball skill.

chains5000
05-03-2012, 03:01 AM
Which is pretty stupid, i know.
Agreed, especially considering how old our roster is.

Maga_1
05-03-2012, 04:35 AM
Agreed, especially considering how old our roster is.

The only racional explanation it's because you have 2 good PG's like Jackson and Lopez, but even that it's not enough.

chains5000
05-03-2012, 04:52 AM
The only racional explanation it's because you have 2 good PG's like Jackson and Lopez, but even that it's not enough.
There was a rumour about him being a locker room problem, but that's all.

Lebowsky
05-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Maga, just a clarification. Satoransky doesn't play for CAI Zaragoza, he plays for Sevilla (if I'm not mistaken).

Maga_1
05-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Maga, just a clarification. Satoransky doesn't play for CAI Zaragoza, he plays for Sevilla (if I'm not mistaken).

Yea, my bad.
He's in Cajasol Sevilla.

Euroleague
05-04-2012, 02:30 AM
Greek media said that Pappas will sign a 3 year contract with Malaga, if they keep their Euroleague contract, which it looks like they will.

I think that's another mistake by Pappas and his manager. First going to Bilbao with a coach that apparently didn't like him, then signing with a club that is so poorly run in Malaga.

He would do better to go to Panathinaikos or Olympiacos, or I think even a club like Panionios for a year if they qualify to the Euroleague.

No one except Freeland seems to do well in Malaga.

jamal99
05-04-2012, 05:25 PM
I mean, take someone like Khvostov. He was not drafted and is just as athletic probably as Nedovic is. He's also better and has actual point guard skills. But he does not make flashy highlight reel plays like Nedovic does.

Khvostov max vert = 27'
Nedovic max vert = 41'

Nedovic has really got good upside, he shows flashes of what he could become, but I agree that he could/should be better right now...

Euroleague
05-05-2012, 01:51 AM
Khvostov max vert = 27'
Nedovic max vert = 41'

Nedovic has really got good upside, he shows flashes of what he could become, but I agree that he could/should be better right now...

That's not the correct vertical for Khvostov. Please don't tell me you actually believe what draftexpress.com claims?

That site has so many errors it's ridiculous.

qrich
05-05-2012, 07:21 AM
That's not the correct vertical for Khvostov. Please don't tell me you actually believe what draftexpress.com claims?

That site has so many errors it's ridiculous.

Draftexpress.com > You.

Who can take the words of someone who says Sofo is 10x Camby and Kaman seriously? :roll:

Euroleague
05-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Draftexpress.com > You.

Who can take the words of someone who says Sofo is 10x Camby and Kaman seriously? :roll:

Go troll the NBA forum jerk.

qrich
05-06-2012, 08:18 AM
Go troll the NBA forum jerk.

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0807/10-ugly-pounds-of-fat-funny-demotivational-poster-1215818269.jpg

Euroleague
05-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Supposedly Bilbao signed Zisis, but he denied it.

Zisis/Lopez
Blums/Vasileiadis
Mumbru/Grimau
Banic/Hervelle
Fischer/Mavroeidis

Damn..that's a nice team, IF true.

Euroleague
05-14-2012, 09:51 PM
After the Euroleague Final Four, I am hearing from most European scouts that the NBA scouts that were in attendance are all saying that the 3 young Greeks, Kostas Sloukas, Vangelis Mantzaris, and Kostas Papanikolaou all have a good chance to be drafted.

It amazes me at how stupid these NBA scouts are. That they would need to see these guys playing at a Euroleague Final Four to just now grasp that they can play in the NBA. The fact that before the Final Four, they were apparently not considered NBA material is pretty much proof of how pathetic these NBA scouts really are.

Like they really think any college age kid can be a key rotation player for a club like Olympiacos in Euroleague? :facepalm

Anyway, I feel bad for Pappas. He's the best of all the young Greeks and evidently he's not even on the NBA draft radar. Katsikaris really screwed him.

I am starting to think that he did it on orders of the Greek Basketball Federation so that they keep the NBA from knowing how good he is, so that Panathinaikos can scoop him up long term cheaply.

It also seems that Shved will be playing in the NBA next year, according to everyone I have talked to.

BTW, for all the NBA only fan Spanoulis haters out there, who in this forum say he is a scrub that isn't good enough for the NBA...........the European scouts all said that every NBA scout in attendance was blown away by how he ran his team as a point guard.

They were apparently all extremely impressed at his basketball IQ, decision making, and his clutch ability in big games and big moments. A couple European scouts said that more than one NBA scout in attendance said that NBA teams would be fighting over Spanoulis the instant he said he wanted to play there.

The NBA scouts also were apparently high on Keselj, who is a huge talent that is just finally starting to show some signs of his ability, Navarro (as always), and Teodosic.

From what I hear, even though he played awful in the second half of the final, the NBA scouts still were really impressed by his talent level.

The NBA scouts were also said to be very high on Printezis after how he played.

This stuff is funny though, it really is. That these NBA scouts get paid so much money, yet they can't even identify if a Euroleague player can play in the NBA without seeing him "in person" at a Euroleague Final Four.

The NBA teams REALLY need to fire their scouts. They are obviously a bunch of incompetent morons.

chains5000
05-15-2012, 04:08 AM
Supposedly Bilbao signed Zisis, but he denied it.

Zisis/Lopez
Blums/Vasileiadis
Mumbru/Grimau
Banic/Hervelle
Fischer/Mavroeidis

Damn..that's a nice team, IF true.
Both Fischer and Banic are no locks to be here next season.

We need a good scoring SG too.

Euroleague
05-15-2012, 07:38 AM
Both Fischer and Banic are no locks to be here next season.

We need a good scoring SG too.

Fischer is too limited on offense. You can replace him with someone better for the money. You better not lose Banic though.

As for another scoring SG, why not go after someone like Vidal or Rafa Martinez?

chains5000
05-15-2012, 07:49 AM
Fischer is too limited on offense. You can replace him with someone better for the money. You better not lose Banic though.

As for another scoring SG, why not go after someone like Vidal or Rafa Martinez?
Barcelona seems to be interested in Mart

Euroleague
05-15-2012, 08:35 AM
[QUOTE=chains5000]Barcelona seems to be interested in Mart

Borat_Sagdyev
05-15-2012, 11:20 AM
Dmitry Kulagin!
http://www.nn-basket.ru/upload/iblock/dea/deafa21c28940c53b70360687545e8d3.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRL0AnJHris

Fiba basketball
05-15-2012, 12:50 PM
After the Euroleague Final Four, I am hearing from most European scouts that the NBA scouts that were in attendance are all saying that the 3 young Greeks, Kostas Sloukas, Vangelis Mantzaris, and Kostas Papanikolaou all have a good chance to be drafted.

It amazes me at how stupid these NBA scouts are. That they would need to see these guys playing at a Euroleague Final Four to just now grasp that they can play in the NBA. The fact that before the Final Four, they were apparently not considered NBA material is pretty much proof of how pathetic these NBA scouts really are.

Like they really think any college age kid can be a key rotation player for a club like Olympiacos in Euroleague? :facepalm

Anyway, I feel bad for Pappas. He's the best of all the young Greeks and evidently he's not even on the NBA draft radar. Katsikaris really screwed him.

I am starting to think that he did it on orders of the Greek Basketball Federation so that they keep the NBA from knowing how good he is, so that Panathinaikos can scoop him up long term cheaply.

It also seems that Shved will be playing in the NBA next year, according to everyone I have talked to.

BTW, for all the NBA only fan Spanoulis haters out there, who in this forum say he is a scrub that isn't good enough for the NBA...........the European scouts all said that every NBA scout in attendance was blown away by how he ran his team as a point guard.

They were apparently all extremely impressed at his basketball IQ, decision making, and his clutch ability in big games and big moments. A couple European scouts said that more than one NBA scout in attendance said that NBA teams would be fighting over Spanoulis the instant he said he wanted to play there.

The NBA scouts also were apparently high on Keselj, who is a huge talent that is just finally starting to show some signs of his ability, Navarro (as always), and Teodosic.

From what I hear, even though he played awful in the second half of the final, the NBA scouts still were really impressed by his talent level.

The NBA scouts were also said to be very high on Printezis after how he played.

This stuff is funny though, it really is. That these NBA scouts get paid so much money, yet they can't even identify if a Euroleague player can play in the NBA without seeing him "in person" at a Euroleague Final Four.

The NBA teams REALLY need to fire their scouts. They are obviously a bunch of incompetent morons.
I agree NBA has bad international scouts but Papanikolau probably had best game of his carear so you cant blame them for not noticing him , how old is he ? I had a felling he is 24 or 25 , can he be drafted ? When Keselj played for Serbian NT he showed that he has potential to be one of the best 3 point shooters in the world but he cant create space for himself . This season he improved his defense and his ball handling , hd was always great athleate . Everyone that knows something aboute basketball know that Spanoulis and Teodosic are great players and you dont even have to be a basketball fan to see that . Where did you find this information ?

Euroleague
05-15-2012, 07:13 PM
I agree NBA has bad international scouts but Papanikolau probably had best game of his carear so you cant blame them for not noticing him , how old is he ? I had a felling he is 24 or 25 , can he be drafted ? When Keselj played for Serbian NT he showed that he has potential to be one of the best 3 point shooters in the world but he cant create space for himself . This season he improved his defense and his ball handling , hd was always great athleate . Everyone that knows something aboute basketball know that Spanoulis and Teodosic are great players and you dont even have to be a basketball fan to see that . Where did you find this information ?

Papanikoloau is 21.

Well, according to 95+% of this forum, Spanoulis and Teodosic are among the world's worst players.

The info is from a European scout (he works for the European clubs scouting in Greece and Italy) that was at the final four, and was talking to 2 NBA scouts and getting the word on what all the NBA scouts were talking about.

Keselj was an epic disaster last year and at the start of this year. What happened was that he was going to clubs and partying and was not focusing on his training.

The owners of Olympiacos and Ivkovic fined him, put him out of the playing rotation and came down on him pretty hard. Supposedly he was told that his big contract was going to be voided if he did not start behaving professionally. And, with how he had played, no one was giving him the money he makes in Olympiacos.

Ever since then, he started training, focusing, and not going to the clubs to party. By no coincidence, he started playing much better. He was playing really good defense and making good athletic plays, and hitting timely 3 pointers.

The problem is he just can't do much on offense except dunk or shoot 3s. I hope he keeps from the partying, because he can be a really nice player going forward. We know what he can do from EuroBasket and FIBA World Cup.

But evidently, he has had maturity issues. He's supposedly on his very last chance from Ivkovic.

Euroleague
05-15-2012, 07:13 PM
Dmitry Kulagin!
http://www.nn-basket.ru/upload/iblock/dea/deafa21c28940c53b70360687545e8d3.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRL0AnJHris

I don't think he declared for the draft.

Euroleague
05-19-2012, 02:36 PM
I am watching this kid Vassilis Kavvadas in the Greek League playoffs. Dude is a straight out BEAST.

This guy has some serious potential. I don't think he declared for the draft though. Damn though, this guy is a monster around the basket.

http://62.1.2.82/upload_images/20120111/photo19032416.jpg

Euroleague
05-23-2012, 04:34 AM
Kavvadas............this guy is going to be a monster. Biggest Greek talent in YEARS.