PDA

View Full Version : if DAL gets eliminated tonight, what is their next move?

swi7ch
05-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Any DAL fans can fill me in? :confusedshrug:

CelticBaller
05-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Suicide

JohnnyWall
05-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Delude themselves into believing they can land Deron.

ProfessorMurder
05-05-2012, 08:25 PM
They should forget Deron, and get a f*cking center. Haywood is barely a backup.

bdreason
05-05-2012, 08:27 PM
I think they will land Deron or Nash. Maybe the stars align and they get Howard too. Cuban isn't afraid to spend.

SunsCaptain
05-05-2012, 08:30 PM
I think they will land Deron or Nash. Maybe the stars align and they get Howard too. Cuban isn't afraid to spend.

Remember Nash wants a ring not money.

kurt_rambis
first thing they should do is look into not be so damn old. so time machine, or magic elixir

bagelred
Hmmmmmmm..........go fishing maybe? a little vaca?

simcjt
This isn't baseball. It's not like their are not set limits to how much he can lose.

Collie
05-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Deron. Wallace is leaving, and the Nets don't have their pick, so why the hell would he stay?

SCdac
05-05-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm not a Mavs fan but I'll chime in... I'd pick up VC's and Wright's options, obviously let Odom go, let Terry go unless he's willing to take a reasonable 2-3 year contract. Consider amnestying Haywood's huge contract unless they don't land a center... Honestly, that team is going to look pretty bare, especially if Jason Kidd retires. If Deron Williams stays with Brooklyn, then who knows how Dallas trades for both him and Howard.

AMISTILLILL
05-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Let Kidd walk, since he's already stated he won't sign for anything close to the veterans minimum.

Try and get DeShawn Stevenson back and resign Terry (if he's not asking for an absurd amount).

Make a run for Deron and Dwight, which probably won't happen.

If not, try and bring Nash back to Dallas and try to steal Batum away from the Spurs, who are motivated to acquire him this summer.

Unfortunately for Mavericks fans, there isn't THAT much room for realistic improvement in the Dirk era. It's always going to be Dirk and revolving door of role players with hit-or-miss results.

DMAVS41
05-05-2012, 08:39 PM
I'm not a Mavs fan but I'll chime in... I'd pick up VC's and Wright's options, obviously let Odom go, let Terry go unless he's willing to take a reasonable 2-3 year contract. Consider amnestying Haywood's huge contract unless they don't land a center... Honestly, that team is going to look pretty bare, especially if Jason Kidd retires. If Deron Williams stays with Brooklyn, then who knows how Dallas trades for both him and Howard.

There are a lot of free agents and possibilities. I think Rick will make a hard push to sign West...something I would love to see.

Kaman would be a great option to play next to Dirk....

I'm hoping something like...amnesty Haywood....let Terry and Kidd go. Sign Kaman, West, and hopefully Deron.

That would be the best case scenario.

IGOTGAME
05-05-2012, 08:41 PM
There are a lot of free agents and possibilities. I think Rick will make a hard push to sign West...something I would love to see.

I'm hoping something like...amnesty Haywood....let Terry and Kidd go. Sign Kaman, West, and hopefully Deron.

whats wrong with Terry?

if he goes I would love to have him on LA.

Celtic_Pride
05-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Deron Williams!

miles berg
05-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Deron Williams. That's all that matters.

DMAVS41
05-05-2012, 08:44 PM
whats wrong with Terry?

if he goes I would love to have him on LA.

nothing. just depends how much money he wants. if west is far cheaper...i'd rather have west.

if terry is willing to sign for cheap...or give the mavs a discount like Dirk. then i'd love to have him back playing a smaller role.

for terry, its all about the situation. i think he would be great playing on a team that didn't rely on him as much. yea, the Lakers? that would be great. He'd be the 4th best offensive player. and that is the role he's suited for really. being the 3rd or 4th guy....

DTreats
05-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Sign and trade for Dwight Howard and Deron Williams.

Sign Nicolas Batum, Steve Novak and Steve Nash.

Pick up Jared Jeffries.

Deron Williams/Steve Nash
Roddy Boob/Delonte West
Nicolas Batum/Steve Novak
Dirk Nowitzki/Jared Jeffries
Dwight Howard/Brendan Haywood

SCdac

hard push to sign Delonte West? considering they have the French dude, Im not sure I'd make a "hard push" for West (who's a headcase, despite being a decent all around player)... Kaman is going to demand at least the MLE probably. Do they have the cap room to sign him and Deron. A duo of Kaman and Mahinmi seems underwhelming next to a 34 year old Nowitzki. Kaman has played in literally 11 playoff games and is notably more injury prone than any of Haywood, Chandler, or Howard.

bdreason
This isn't baseball. It's not like their are not set limits to how much he can lose.

Someone has already done the math. Mavs can clear enough cap space this off-season to sign 2 max players to place along side Dirk. Not saying they will, but it's certainly possible.

DuMa
05-05-2012, 08:47 PM
erect deron williams statue.

DirkNowitzki41
05-05-2012, 08:48 PM
hopefully we land deron and pick up gerald wallace

DMV2
05-05-2012, 08:50 PM
How crazy is this?

2007 Heat swept by the Bulls in the 1st Round after winning the championship the previous season.

Same fate for the 2012 Mavs?

And also, last two NBA title winners getting swept the following season. Somebody made a thread on that already.

AMISTILLILL
05-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Sign and trade for Dwight Howard and Deron Williams.

Sign Nicolas Batum, Steve Novak and Steve Nash.

Pick up Jared Jeffries.

Deron Williams/Steve Nash
Roddy Boob/Delonte West
Nicolas Batum/Steve Novak
Dirk Nowitzki/Jared Jeffries
Dwight Howard/Brendan Haywood

...did Cuban take Marion out to a field and leave him there or something?

DTreats
05-05-2012, 08:58 PM
...did Cuban take Marion out to a field and leave him there or something?
Traded away while his scrub ass still had value

DMAVS41
05-05-2012, 09:12 PM
hard push to sign Delonte West? considering they have the French dude, Im not sure I'd make a "hard push" for West (who's a headcase, despite being a decent all around player)... Kaman is going to demand at least the MLE probably. Do they have the cap room to sign him and Deron. A duo of Kaman and Mahinmi seems underwhelming next to a 34 year old Nowitzki. Kaman has played in literally 11 playoff games and is notably more injury prone than any of Haywood, Chandler, or Howard.

Yes. I think we will make a "hard push" to sign West...now, we won't if he demands anything but a reasonable amount. Which I doubt because I think most people would agree with what you say. Carlisle loves West. So I bet we try and bring him back.

Kaman has been injury prone, but at the price I'm expecting...he'd be worth it. He also knows Dirk well and it would be a huge upgrade compared to Haywood...LOL

Yes. We do have room to do that and sign Deron if we amnesty Haywood.

SCdac
05-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Yes. I think we will make a "hard push" to sign West...now, we won't if he demands anything but a reasonable amount. Which I doubt because I think most people would agree with what you say. Carlisle loves West. So I bet we try and bring him back.

Kaman has been injury prone, but at the price I'm expecting...he'd be worth it. He also knows Dirk well and it would be a huge upgrade compared to Haywood...LOL

Yes. We do have room to do that and sign Deron if we amnesty Haywood.

Upgrade, yeah, I agree. "Huge" upgrade, I don't quite agree. Or let me put it this way, not enough of an upgrade (IMO) to make waves in the playoffs. Kaman and Mahinmi wouldn't be amazing, and Kaman has averaged like 40-something games over the last 5 seasons. He's about to be 30 so he's probably looking at one of his last NBA contracts.

dtbrehm
05-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Amnesty Haywood, sign another center. Get Williams

DMAVS41
05-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Upgrade, yeah, I agree. "Huge" upgrade, I don't quite agree. Or let me put it this way, not enough of an upgrade (IMO) to make waves in the playoffs. Kaman and Mahinmi wouldn't be amazing, and Kaman has averaged like 40-something games over the last 5 seasons. He's about to be 30 so he's probably looking at one of his last NBA contracts.

Kaman alone? Of course not. Adding Williams and Kaman? Absolutely enough to make waves.

AMISTILLILL
05-05-2012, 09:48 PM
I'll go on record and say that I GUARANTEE Antawn Jamison winds up in a Mavericks uniform again this summer.

MeLO MvP 15
05-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Idk their exact cap situation... but I know they could have space, so something like:
Amnesty Haywood.

Sign Deron for the MAX. Sign Chris Kaman for like 3 years $30 mil.

That's probably all their cap space (they might have less). Try to re-sign Vince, Kidd and Delonte for the room (for one of them) or minimum. No choice but to let Terry walk (to LAC.... hmmmm).

Draz
05-05-2012, 10:19 PM
I think DWILL.

dtbrehm
05-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Idk their exact cap situation... but I know they could have space, so something like:
Amnesty Haywood.

Sign Deron for the MAX. Sign Chris Kaman for like 3 years $30 mil.

That's probably all their cap space (they might have less). Try to re-sign Vince, Kidd and Delonte for the room (for one of them) or minimum. No choice but to let Terry walk (to LAC.... hmmmm).
If they amnesty Haywood they have room for two max contracts.

Eat Like A Bosh
05-05-2012, 10:25 PM
They're done for the Dirk era. But they already got a outta no where ring last year, so they're not doomed.

SpecialQue
05-05-2012, 10:25 PM
I think their next move is to buy some chum and rent a boat.

(e)
05-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Obviously go hard at Dwill and amnesty Haywood.

Go find a serviceable center after that. Resign Jason Terry, and Jason Kidd for as little as possible.

sportsfan76
05-05-2012, 10:48 PM
The first move should be to trade or release HAYWOOD

why is he still in the NBA anyway? Because he is tall?

Whoah10115
05-06-2012, 12:08 AM
San Antonio has no interest in Batum. Guarantee.

Kaman would be great next to Dirk, but not defensively. The Mavericks need someone to anchor them. Someone athletic...that's why letting Howard leave was a bad thing. They really need a guy who can guard the pick n' roll. It's rough.

I dig Marion on this team. But I do believe that the Mavs could use some Pippening from that position. But it wouldn't be that necessary if they changed up their offensive game. Their offense was all based on spacing and ball movement...and body movement. But the body movement and spacing go hand in hand.

Focus on having the center being the right fit, defensively. And if it that doesn't sound good, offensively, then change up your offense.

Honestly, offer a lot of money to Asik. He's also much better than Haywood is on the offensive end. Offer him a LOT of money cuz that guy can play some D and legit anchor your defense. Believe it, that the Mavericks need defense from the center.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-06-2012, 12:10 AM
If they dont get DWill, its massive Cuban fail.

AMISTILLILL
05-06-2012, 12:11 AM
San Antonio has no interest in Batum. Guarantee.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/04/24/how-would-nicolas-batum-look-in-silver-and-black/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1153644-nba-rumors-san-antonio-spurs-must-pair-nicolas-batum-with-tony-parker

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/04/nba-trail-blazers-spurs-nicolas-batum.html

SCdac
05-06-2012, 12:12 AM
San Antonio has no interest in Batum. Guarantee

Are you kidding? The Spurs have been trying to get their hands on Batum since draft day, when Pritchard (former Spur) and the Trailblazers traded up in the draft to undercut SA (which was the only team Batum trained with iirc). Spurs, right now, are definitely interested and intrigued by Batum.

AMISTILLILL
05-06-2012, 12:13 AM
Are you kidding? The Spurs have been trying to get their hands on Batum since draft day, when Pritchard (former Spur) and the Trailblazers traded up in the draft to undercut SA (which was the only team Batum trained with iirc). Spurs, right now, are definitely interested and intrigued by Batum.

Dude's just talking out of his ass.

Whoah10115
05-06-2012, 12:14 AM

And then they traded for Leonard.

Dude's just talking out of his ass.

They're not going after Batum. 0 chance. He wants lots of money and they just traded to get Leonard. So, if Batum is suddenly excepting an MLE, then cool. But he's not.

0 chance.

AMISTILLILL
05-06-2012, 12:19 AM
And then they traded for Leonard.

They're not going after Batum. 0 chance. He wants lots of money and they just traded to get Leonard. So, if Batum is suddenly excepting an MLE, then cool. But he's not.

0 chance.

Let me know who they've got on contract as a backup at the 3 next season. Thanks.

You're right, everybody reporting the Spurs front office has interest in him is wrong. You also have no idea what kind of money he wants.

Whoah10115
05-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Let me know who they've got on contract as a backup at the 3 next season. Thanks.

You're right, everybody reporting the Spurs front office has interest in him is wrong. You also have no idea what kind of money he wants.

You mean like Stephen Jackson at $10Million?

bigt
05-06-2012, 02:24 AM
Deron is obviously move number one. I bet Cuban's already trying to make plans for some kind of epic 'Welcome Home' Party for him to try and entice him.

They desperately need a centre. Not much out there though. Kaman seems the first option, and I don't mind Asik although is he starting calibre? Apparently Hibbert's Restricted, maybe through a stack of money his way and force Indiana to match? He'd be nice but I can't see Indy giving him up.

Resign Jason Terry, personally I like him on this team and he provides a lot of benefits. Let JKidd walk unless he is willing to take patato chips (don't need him now Deron's in town)

Amnesty Haywood. Not sure how much money would be left, but I'd try and get a Landry Fields/Batum/Wallace if they can get any of the three.

It's tough, a lot of the true starting calibre centres are either restricted or likely to return to their team (Camby) and that's Dallas' biggest hole. Deron helps, but Dirk needs defensive help in the paint. Chandler really was one of the perfect kinda guys to pair with him.

longtime lurker
05-06-2012, 02:30 AM
If they dont get DWill, its massive Cuban fail.

You can say that again....

Joshumitsu
05-06-2012, 04:57 AM
Get Nash for cheap. He just wants a ring and will provide excellent shooting. Plus, he already has great chemistry with Dirk and Marion. Williams might be too costly if you're trying to sign a center. Thus, you have to take Nash.

Then, overpay like crazy for Hibbert or McGee. At the least, you'll be able to mess up Denver's and Indiana's cap space. And at best, Hibbert or McGee will see this as an opportunity to get both paid and to win.

This is especially true of McGee as he is controlled by a crazy, possessive mother who has previously mentioned the need to put her son in a winning culture. Putting McGee next to 2 former MVP's and a former all-star will make them contenders and I can see his mom forcing him to sign a ridiculous contract.

Then, you sign a guy like Camby for the vet minimum. At his age, he can still rebound, play defense, and block shots.

Nash
Terry
Marion
Dirk
Hibbert or McGee

comerb
05-06-2012, 06:11 AM
Deron and eventually Howard. No idea how they'll pull it off, but I'm sure Cuban is pulling the strings as we speak.

Jyap9675
05-06-2012, 07:28 AM
Why don't they just imitate the formula that led to 2011 success.

Defensive anchor

2-3 Shooting and Defensive Role Players

1 fast, quick player that can penetrate defence and create offense for himself

swi7ch
05-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Nowitzki sait it best:

"We need some guys that can make plays for themselves," Nowitzki said. "That's pretty obvious. If you look at all the top teams now, they at least have two [or] three guys that you can just throw the ball to and they do their thing.
He meant JJ Barea.

Lebron23
05-06-2012, 09:08 AM
Gone Fishing

Mavsfan31
05-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Go hard after D-Will. Sign a couple solid role players. maybe West and Stevenson, Kidd. Get a Center. Kaman or maybe even KG to play Center

hawkfan
05-06-2012, 10:28 AM
The centers available via unrestricted free agency Chris Kaman and Boris Diaw. Restricted free agents include JaVele McGee and Brook Lopez.

They might have to target McGee with a full max deal.

Otherwise, they can try to trade for Emeka Okafor, with New Orleans trying to shed money and going into rebuild mode.

Defensive Okafor would provide the bulk needed by Dallas. Not the tallest player, but certainly an upgrade at center over Haywood, who could return to a reserve role (or traded out).

They rolled the dice on Howard and struck out (but that could change).

Gerald Wallace as a free agent would be a good target.

Deron Williams is still possible, depending on where New Jersey ends up in the draft.

And they need some wings with foot speed badly.

hawkfan
05-06-2012, 10:32 AM
If the Mavs don't end up with a good center, then Kwame Brown would look to get paid again, this time by the Mavs who could use his height and size at the center position.

Kwame gets paid again.

Maybe Kwame to Dallas for Haywood in a sign and trade.

hawkfan
05-06-2012, 10:36 AM
I'll go on record and say that I GUARANTEE Antawn Jamison winds up in a Mavericks uniform again this summer.

On the cheap, that would be a good option off the bench.

Maybe a sign and trade of Haywood for Jamison. Cleveland can use another big, and Jamison gets paid for a year.

Another center option is Chris Anderson, whom the Nuggets are looking to deal.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-06-2012, 10:49 AM
If the Mavs don't end up with a good center, then Kwame Brown would look to get paid again, this time by the Mavs who could use his height and size at the center position.

Kwame gets paid again.

Maybe Kwame to Dallas for Haywood in a sign and trade.
isnt he under contract for another year?

hawkfan
05-06-2012, 11:05 AM
isnt he under contract for another year?

I thought Kwame was a one year deal, but I could be wrong.

hawkfan
05-06-2012, 11:07 AM
The Mavs need a few wings with some foot speed.

Kidd guarding Harden at this point was a joke. Kidd's foot speed is gone, and Harden made him look terrible.

The Mavs could have won a few games just having a wing with at least decent foot speed.

Whoah10115
05-06-2012, 02:56 PM
The centers available via unrestricted free agency Chris Kaman and Boris Diaw. Restricted free agents include JaVele McGee and Brook Lopez.

They might have to target McGee with a full max deal.

Otherwise, they can try to trade for Emeka Okafor, with New Orleans trying to shed money and going into rebuild mode.

Defensive Okafor would provide the bulk needed by Dallas. Not the tallest player, but certainly an upgrade at center over Haywood, who could return to a reserve role (or traded out).

They rolled the dice on Howard and struck out (but that could change).

Gerald Wallace as a free agent would be a good target.

Deron Williams is still possible, depending on where New Jersey ends up in the draft.

And they need some wings with foot speed badly.

Diaw is not a center. He's a fat SF who has to play PF. He cannot play the 5 on a team that wants to win.

I know Mavs41 will disagree, but they need a guy at center to protect Dirk. That is first and foremost. More than anything, they need a great defender at C. I think they should get the anchor type, but as long as they get someone. Change the scheme (they still play a lot of zone). Whatever, as long as the guy is a great defender. Haywood is a very good defender but the center position is more loaded than people give credence to. They need defense tho.

I think keep Marion...but if they want to try and trade Marion, he will have some value. Maybe they can get a late 1st round pick or a defensive center (I don't know who). Maybe package him and Beaubois. I think Gerald Wallace brings things on offense that Marion doesn't. But they need defense at C and they need to keep defense at SF.

If they get Deron, they have to change things up. But they'll have Deron. But I think they're in trouble.

longtime lurker
05-06-2012, 03:09 PM
I think Chris Kaman would have been a championship level pick up about 3 years ago. At this point in his career who could be one of those guys that put up good stats on a bad team. They've pretty much put all their eggs in the Deron Williams basket. They should make a move for a guy like Beasley, low risk high reward type of player. I don't see too many allstars up for grabs so they're going to have to find a diamond in the rough.

Celtic_Pride
05-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Marion would be amazing on ECF teams. He can shutdown Lebron/Pierce/Melo/Granger (the best scorers for contending teams) all game!

Whoah10115
05-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Chris Kaman is not a good fit. But Spencer Hawes could be. Not fast, but he's smart and he plays better defense than Kaman does...and his passing is terrific. He'd work with their spacing.

lilgodfather1
05-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Hopefully they get burned by Deron.

longtime lurker
05-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Marion would be amazing on ECF teams. He can shutdown Lebron/Pierce/Melo/Granger (the best scorers for contending teams) all game!

I wonder if Dallas would pull a Marion for Amare trade. Marion has the defensive versatility to allow Melo to play Pf without the Knicks being at a disadvantage on the defensive end.

Joshumitsu
05-06-2012, 06:31 PM
I'll stress it again. Mavs shouldn't spend on D-Will. He's too costly and doesn't fix all of their needs.

Mavs Needs

*Defensive center
*Playmaking
*Energy/Tempo
*More shooting

Acquiring Nash fixes their playmaking, shooting, and energy/tempo needs. On top of this, he gives them extra chemistry and is really, really cheap and leaves them w/ more cap space.

Sign McGee or Hibbert to over-the-top deals. With an offer they can't refuse, they'll come over and provide the energy, defense, and rebounding that the Mavs need.

ZHAKIDD532
05-06-2012, 09:24 PM
I hope Dallas doesn't put all their eggs in the Deron Williams basket. That's by no means a sure thing.

Whoah10115
05-07-2012, 12:31 AM
You know a player who would fit their current offense very well? DJ Augustin. He's quick, he can shoot. He's not a dominate the ball kind of PG. I think he would work very well with them and their spacing. He's from Texas. He's a RFA but there's no way Charlotte is gonna match for him. There's no reason for them to bring him back, unless it's to sign and trade.

R.I.P.
05-07-2012, 06:48 AM
http://distilleryimage1.instagram.com/42afce50978d11e1b10e123138105d6b_7.jpg

Well D-Will is trolling again just not sure which fanbase, Nets or Mavs? :lol

R.I.P.
05-07-2012, 07:03 AM
I'll stress it again. Mavs shouldn't spend on D-Will. He's too costly and doesn't fix all of their needs.

Mavs Needs

*Defensive center
*Playmaking
*Energy/Tempo
*More shooting

Acquiring Nash fixes their playmaking, shooting, and energy/tempo needs. On top of this, he gives them extra chemistry and is really, really cheap and leaves them w/ more cap space.

Sign McGee or Hibbert to over-the-top deals. With an offer they can't refuse, they'll come over and provide the energy, defense, and rebounding that the Mavs need.

To be honest Deron Williams can make an awful lot of a difference. Dirk is basically in the KG/Tim Duncan stage of his career, where he cannot carry a team as a true #1 option (in his case it

jalbert009
05-07-2012, 04:55 PM
I'm estimating Dallas has about 24M cap space next season after amnestying Haywood. Their remaining roster would look like:

None
Dirk/Wright
Marion
Carter/Jones
Beaubois

1. Sign Deron to a 5 year max deal 15M/year
2. Sign Omer Asik or Kaman to a 2 year contract 5-10M/year
3. resign West for vet min.
4. Sign Antawn Jamison for vet min.
5. Sign Deshawn Stevenson to a 2 year contract 2.5M/Year
6. Resign Mahinmi for vet min.
7. Draft John Henson to play back up Center. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Henson_%28basketball%29

2013 Roster
Asik or Kaman/Henson/Mahinmi
Dirk/Jamison/Wright
Marion/Stevenson
Carter/West/Jones
D-Will/West/Beaubois

Droid101
05-07-2012, 04:56 PM

Mavs Needs

*Defensive center
*Playmaking
*Energy/Tempo
*More shooting

Nash is cheap? He wants 5 mil a year, minimum.

niko
05-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Deron is a strange thing, all of a sudden there is confidence that he is staying in Brooklyn, but all of it is coming from NY sources, and two things bothered me, him not playing the last game, and him being an almost no show now. If he is leaning toward staying, why dissapear?

Still i think he will stay for some reason.... :lol if i had to bet i would easily bet Brooklyn.

RaininTwos
05-07-2012, 05:03 PM
http://distilleryimage1.instagram.com/42afce50978d11e1b10e123138105d6b_7.jpg

Well D-Will is trolling again just not sure which fanbase, Nets or Mavs? :lol
or he's just a rangers fan..:facepalm

Whoah10115
05-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Deron is a strange thing, all of a sudden there is confidence that he is staying in Brooklyn, but all of it is coming from NY sources, and two things bothered me, him not playing the last game, and him being an almost no show now. If he is leaning toward staying, why dissapear?

Still i think he will stay for some reason.... :lol if i had to bet i would easily bet
Brooklyn.

Last week he was talking about "We" getting a chance to write a new history in Brooklyn.

If he goes to Dallas then it's because he wants to go home. In which case, he should have opened his mouth to management. Even tho Dallas is a good team, there's no advantage in him going there. They have to change their offense to incorporate him, which is fine. Their offense doesn't fit a dominant PG. Yea, he's good at playing off-ball, but Jason Kidd was at least near his prime when he got there in the middle of 07/08. He was averaging like 13.5PPG and 10.5APG and 8.5RPG...maybe just a little under. And he didn't fit in.

Williams is a better shooter and scorer, as well as being more used to playing in the halfcourt. But that offense is not set up for a PG like him. Which is why I looked at Augustin. Nelson (if he was ever good again), Jennings. Guys like that would fit well. Or a shooter like Curry.

But if I'm Williams, my only reason to go home is to go home.