PDA

View Full Version : What can Kobe do to get more foul calls like Wade?

24/7
01-16-2007, 01:54 AM
Win another ring? Pretend to be humble and less arrogant? Do more more commericals with NBA legends?

Kobe used to get just as much calls as anyone in the league but compared to Wade, he's almost a scrub in the respect he gets from the refs.

Younggrease
01-16-2007, 01:55 AM
Win another ring? Pretend to be humble and less arrogant? Do more more commericals with NBA legends?

Kobe used to get just as much calls as anyone in the league but compared to Wade, he's almost a scrub in the respect he gets from the refs.

nothing really.....unless he finds Osama bin laden or something crazy

10hardaway10
01-16-2007, 02:24 AM
winn another championship ...

KingLeBronJames
01-16-2007, 02:25 AM
Kobe can't get calls because David Stern loves Wade and told the refs not to give Kobe calls and give more calls to Wade.

elementally morale
01-16-2007, 02:29 AM
Attack the rim more. Consistently. Not just twic a half but like 5 times a quarter. That will result in FTs.

AKA AAP
You do realize Kobe has led the league this century in phantom calls, right? No close second, but Laker Shaq was easily second...

There was only ONE bad call that favored Wade in the entire playofs. And that was the forearm on dirk. That's it.

shok

Drive to the basket with utmost power and speed that leaves defenders on their heels. Thats what Kobe needs to do to get calls like Wade.

picc84
01-16-2007, 02:31 AM
Attack the rim more. Consistently. Not just twic a half but like 5 times a quarter. That will result in FTs.

Yeah, he sure drew a lot of those ft's tonight when he attacked. All what, 3 of them? :oldlol:

cue response: wade drives/flops better than kobe

shok
01-16-2007, 02:32 AM
You do realize Kobe has led the league this century in phantom calls, right? No close second, but Laker Shaq was easily second...

There was only ONE bad call that favored Wade in the entire playofs. And that was the forearm on dirk. That's it.

I'm pretty sure the majority may think your statements are pretty unreasonable.

elementally morale
01-16-2007, 02:35 AM
Yeah, he sure drew a lot of those ft's tonight when he attacked. All what, 3 of them? :oldlol:

I saw the game. He attacked every now and then but was not at all consistent in attacking the rim the whole game. As I said, attacking 2-3 times per half won't cut it. You have to do it often enough.

But sure, he didn't get some calls he should have tonight. Doesn't really change anything I've said though.

The Mamba
01-16-2007, 02:35 AM
Felatio?

Indian guy
01-16-2007, 02:36 AM
Hmmm...attack the rim more?

You do realize that Kobe averaged the same # of FTs as Wade last season? And he's averaging 9+ this season despite hardly being much of a slasher.

Refs are treating Kobe as well as they're treating Wade.

HHH
01-16-2007, 02:37 AM
How many ****ing Kobe vs Wade topics are we gonna have tonight? Jesus.

raiderfan19
01-16-2007, 02:38 AM
if you want to ***** about wades fts, gripe about this year, last years playoffs are over, let it go.

picc84
I saw the game. He attacked every now and then but was not at all consistent in attacking the rim the whole game. As I said, attacking 2-3 times per half won't cut it. You have to do it often enough.

But sure, he didn't get some calls he should have tonight. Doesn't really change anything I've said though.

If you saw the game, then you saw him not getting any calls when driving, with Wade getting almost all of them driving. So then your logic of "kobe drives more = kobe shoots more ft's" goes down the toilet. You cant say he simply needs to drive "more". If he's not getting the foul calls, he's not getting them.

KIWI

so what your saying is its ok to get special treatment from the refs just as long as its kobe not wade:banghead:

24/7
Drive to the basket with utmost power and speed that leaves defenders on their heels. Thats what Kobe needs to do to get calls like Wade.

He got smashed and hacked by Zo and Haslem a bunch of times during the game while Wade got these calls for the most of the game. If he's not getting the calls are you saying he should attack the rim and risk getting hacked w/o the benefit of the call and probably causing a TO?

Wade is just not getting calls at the rim, he's getting calls out on the perimeter and getting away with fouls on the defensive end. Why should he be any different than any other aggressive all-star guard or swing man, let alone one with 3 rings under his belt?

MaxFly
01-16-2007, 02:39 AM

You do realize that Kobe averaged the same # of FTs as Wade last season? And he's averaging 9+ this season despite hardly being much of a slasher.

Bryant did shoot 27.2 times a game, and Wade, 18.8...

Younggrease

Refs are treating Kobe as well as they're treating Wade.

kobe gets fouls because people are SOOOO scared of his pull up jumpers, but the thing is when he drives he doesnt get the calls wade does. I dont wont the number of calls to change but i want him to get for example that call where mourning hit him going to the basket. So next time Mourning will guard him different and not go for the swipe.

People are scared to touch wade out there.

Showtime

How about not yelling "HEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" after every damn shot?

elementally morale
01-16-2007, 02:42 AM
If you saw the game, then you saw him not getting any calls when driving, with Wade getting almost all of them driving. So then your logic of "kobe drives more = kobe shoots more ft's" goes down the toilet. You cant say he simply needs to drive "more". If he's not getting the foul calls, he's not getting them.

Because your image is not built on one game only. It is being built through lots of games. If Kobe decided to take it to the rim 15 times each game, a week from now he'd be shooting 15 FTs.

The only problem is that we saw it last year and we know where it leads us Lakers fans. I have no problem with the way Bryant is playing now. It is smart basketball most of the time. He played well enough, his team won... what else do we need, really?

24/7
01-16-2007, 02:42 AM
How about not yelling "HEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" after every damn shot?

You never know. Maybe they are tired of hearing that sh!t. :oldlol:

Laker Logic
01-16-2007, 02:43 AM
The no-calls he gets when driving can't be any encouragement to drive to the basket - what is the payoff? He gets hacked, refs swallow their whistles and it's a turnover or missed shot and probable possession for the other team. People say he relies too much on the jumper, but at times it seems like he's more likely to draw a foul on a jumper than a contested drive to the hoop.

picc84
01-16-2007, 02:46 AM
Because your image is not built on one game only. It is being built through lots of games. If Kobe decided to take it to the rim 15 times each game, a week from now he'd be shooting 15 FTs.

The only problem is that we saw it last year and we know where it leads us Lakers fans. I have no problem with the way Bryant is playing now. It is smart basketball most of the time. He played well enough, his team won... what else do we need, really?

Thats bs. There have been numerous games where Kobe has relentelessly attacked to no avail, both this year and last. And what if he did? At what point do you stop and realize that its not working? Do you keep on driving into people knowing its going to result in a TO, a miss, or a charge because a call was not made? At some point you have to stop that because its less productive than simply shooting a jumper.

Not only that, but he gets hacked outside the paint as well and receives less calls than guys like Wade get outside the paint. Or at least, less questionable ones. The refs have simply decided who is going to get calls, and who isnt.

elementally morale
01-16-2007, 02:47 AM
Guys, we have a 25-13 record with this approach. All that with Lamar and Mihm being out. It's good enough. None of us befire the season would have thought we'd have such a good record w/o those two players.

Wade is getting more FTs. Yep. Some of that is deserved some of that is not. However, Lakers won tonight. That's the bottom line for me.

elementally morale
01-16-2007, 02:49 AM
Thats bs. There have been numerous games where Kobe has relentelessly attacked to no avail, both this year and last. Not only that, but he gets hacked outside the paint as well and receives less calls than guys like Wade get outside the paint. Or at least, less questionable ones. The refs have simply decided who is going to get calls, and who isnt.

OK.

If you feel like whining after a good game having been won, I'll let you whine. I'll take a 25-13 record and Bryant playing smart basketball out there.

:violin:

qrich
Get off of Wade's nuts . . but then again, I doubt people ever will. Wade slashes almost 90% of the time he virtually gets the ball from what I've seen and is a PURE slasher, where as Kobe is a mix of a chucker and a slasher as he chucks more often then he slashes. Slashing gets you more to the line then chucking, if you don't know it, you don't know basketball.

qrich
so what your saying is its ok to get special treatment from the refs just as long as its kobe not wade:banghead:

Hehe just had to, their KLF's, what do you expect?

MaxFly
01-16-2007, 02:52 AM
Get off of Wade's nuts . . but then again, I doubt people ever will. Wade slashes almost 90% of the time he virtually gets the ball from what I've seen and is a PURE slasher, where as Kobe is a mix of a chucker and a slasher as he chucks more often then he slashes. Slashing gets you more to the line then chucking, if you don't know it, you don't know basketball.

I think that people are complaining about this game specifically. I don't think D. Wade got too many freethrows that he didn't deserve. People seemed to be more upset with the fact that Bryant made his way to the rim and didn't get many of the calls that he seemingly should have gotten. It makes no sense to continue driving and forcing the issue only to turn the ball over and give the opposing team a fast break.

picc84
01-16-2007, 02:52 AM
OK.

If you feel like whining after a good game having been won, I'll let you whine. I'll take a 25-13 record and Bryant playing smart basketball out there.

:violin:

Wow. You dont get it do you? Kobe getting raped on calls is something that has been going on for a long time. Not just tonight. Tonight was just another example. I'm pleased with the win, but the continuing trend is something that should bother ANY laker fan regardless of whether we win a game or not. If its continuing, its going to happen again, and might be the reason we lose a game. The fact that there are players like Wade getting a fair/more than fair shake from the refs while Kobe gets hacked to death is disturbing at any point in the season, win streak or loss streak. You dont care about that?

picc84
01-16-2007, 02:53 AM
I think that people are complaining about this game specifically. I don't think D. Wade got too many freethrows that he didn't deserve. People seemed to be more upset with the fact that Bryant made his way to the rim and didn't get many of the calls that he seemingly should have gotten. It makes no sense to continue driving and forcing the issue only to turn the ball over and give the opposing team a fast break.

Yes. Wade earned most of his ft's. However we got shafted on the other end on similar/identical plays. Consistency and fairness is ALL we are asking.

qrich
01-16-2007, 02:55 AM

From what I saw of this game[everything but the first quarter], the only reason the Heat would get the breaks would be either off of strips, blocks or Kobe looking for a foul and not to put the ball into the hoop, while everytime I saw Wade drive, he was looking to get the ball into the hoop[exception being the last drive] instead of jumping up and throwing his arms. It's simple, you drive, look to score and get hacked, the refs blow the whistle, you drive with the only intent of drawing a foul, then throw your arms in the air after being stripped, no call.

MaxFly
01-16-2007, 02:55 AM
Yes. Wade earned most of his ft's. However we got shafted on the other end on similar/identical plays. Consistency and fairness is ALL we are asking.

Yes, I understand that this is what you complaint is. I don't hear anyone complaining about the calls D. Wade is getting. Most of you seem to be complaining about the calls Bryant didn't get but should have gotten.

elementally morale
01-16-2007, 02:56 AM
Wow. You dont get it do you? Kobe getting raped on calls is something that has been going on for a long time. Not just tonight. Tonight was just another example. I'm pleased with the win, but the continuing trend is something that should bother ANY laker fan regardless of whether we win a game or not. If its continuing, its going to happen again, and might be the reason we lose a game. The fact that there are players like Wade getting a fair/more than fair shake from the refs while Kobe gets hacked to death is disturbing at any point in the season, win streak or loss streak. You dont care about that?

Nah.

I'm damn old. I learned not to care too much about the future and not to whine too much about the past, especially when (as with most cases) I have literally no say as to how things will work out.

I've learned being happy about what we have (a win) and not feeling bad about things we don't (some foul calls going our way).

So you got me: I basically do not care too much about those foul calls. What I do care about is the good game and the win.

Laker Logic
01-16-2007, 02:58 AM
Guys, we have a 25-13 record with this approach. All that with Lamar and Mihm being out. It's good enough. None of us befire the season would have thought we'd have such a good record w/o those two players.

Wade is getting more FTs. Yep. Some of that is deserved some of that is not. However, Lakers won tonight. That's the bottom line for me.

All that is true and I don't think there's a Laker fan on the board who will disagree with it, but that doesn't mean people should bite their toungues when they percieve the game to be being called as lopsided as it was tonight. The Lakers could easily have lost this game, it was closer than it *should* have been. There were some badly blown calls that seemed to go primarily against the Lakers, at home.

I swear this board has Laker fans so abused that all some people think we can do it reprint box scores without commenting.

r32soul
01-16-2007, 02:58 AM
i will say this, criticize all you want about the refs giving love to Wade and not to Kobe.. but Wade takes to the hoops strong every time, whereas Kobe, he seems to try to avoid contact when he drives to the hoop...

yes, Kobe got fouled a few times and it wasn't called.. especially the Mourning hit in the 4th quarter..

also, i notice a lot of times when Wade drives to the hoop, he always make the contact look more dramatic than it really does.. the way he jumps and lands look very much like he just got hacked or tackled by someone..and he does it everytime... whereas Kobe just swings his arms at the refs whenever he doesn't get the call...

Kobe needs to go to the school of acting from Wade...

MaxFly
01-16-2007, 03:04 AM
From what I saw of this game[everything but the first quarter], the only reason the Heat would get the breaks would be either off of strips, blocks or Kobe looking for a foul and not to put the ball into the hoop, while everytime I saw Wade drive, he was looking to get the ball into the hoop[exception being the last drive] instead of jumping up and throwing his arms. It's simple, you drive, look to score and get hacked, the refs blow the whistle, you drive with the only intent of drawing a foul, then throw your arms in the air after being stripped, no call.

There were a number of plays in tonights game where Bryant was hit and the whistle should have been blown. There's really nothing to quarrel about. It's a simple fact that Bryant wasn't given a fair shot tonight. There's no question. No argument can be made to intimate that he was treated fairly. I don't think it's a deliberate bias by the refs or anything of that nature, but it just turned out that Bryant didn't get many of the calls he deserved. Whether he threw his arms up, or was looking for fouls, fouls were committed... They should have been called... They weren't called.

FashionIssues
01-16-2007, 03:05 AM

you do realize that that type of post deserves another punch in the face

elementally morale
01-16-2007, 03:05 AM
All that is true and I don't think there's a Laker fan on the board who will disagree with it, but that doesn't mean people should bite their toungues when they percieve the game to be being called as lopsided as it was tonight.

They shouldn't.

I only feel bad for them because they seem to forget being happy about the win itself, which is far more important at this stage than a few calls not going our way. Basically the more you attack CONSISTENTLY the more FTs you are going to get.

Bryant had it figured out this year that it's a whole lot better for the team if he is not trying to overtake too many games himself. And it is. He sure is losing some deserved free throws in the process, but the team also has more W. Which is far more important.

This being said, noone should bite their tongues.

Loki
01-16-2007, 03:08 AM
Thats bs. There have been numerous games where Kobe has relentelessly attacked to no avail, both this year and last. And what if he did? At what point do you stop and realize that its not working? Do you keep on driving into people knowing its going to result in a TO, a miss, or a charge because a call was not made? At some point you have to stop that because its less productive than simply shooting a jumper.

Not only that, but he gets hacked outside the paint as well and receives less calls than guys like Wade get outside the paint. Or at least, less questionable ones. The refs have simply decided who is going to get calls, and who isnt.

I love how you call me out and ask me to substantiate my comments and then turn around and post conspiracy theories like this. Way to be consistent. :D I'm sure you won't get a Laker Logic smart-a$$ response to this one, though... :rolleyes:

Pandaemonaeon
01-16-2007, 03:11 AM
Donate 10% of his earnings to a synagogue and get a camera crew to document it -- instant nice guy aura!

Fellating David Stern is another option although a romantic dinner and lavish gifts should preceed it.

Loki
01-16-2007, 03:12 AM

I think that's a big part of it, actually. Take the play at the end of regulation where Kobe drove into a pack of players and expected the call. Never mind that the refs usually won't blow the whistle in that situation (final possession of a tie game), but the fact is that Kobe had no intention of (and there was no possibility of) finishing that drive off. He was fishing for one. That tendency, coupled with the incessant "HEEEEEY's," has perhaps made refs give him the cold shoulder.

lakerfreak
01-16-2007, 03:14 AM
here is what I have seen from officials tonight in the Kobe vs Wade matchup:

Kobe and Wade both get knocked hard and it can be such an obvious foul, but the refs wont call it for either of them.

But when they both dribble and lose the handle or miss an easy shot, the refs give both kobe and wade calls that you would never think are fouls.

And Im not going to go ahead and say the refs give wade special treatment because wade does get hit a lot and not get the calls too.

He simply attacks more than Kobe. thats all there is to it.

If Kobe attacked more than wade then Kobe would get more ft's than wade.

elementally morale
01-16-2007, 03:15 AM
If Kobe attacked more than wade then Kobe would get more ft's than wade.

That's pretty much it.

raiderfan19
01-16-2007, 03:16 AM
kobe reminds me of dirk in one way. Both get some really ticky tack touch foul calls which allows fans of other teams to ***** that they get too many calls. However both also get hammered other times with no calls which makes their own fans gripe that they dont get enough calls. it probably balances out but its just effing weird.

hotsizzle
01-16-2007, 03:18 AM
i dont mind the calls called for wade or calls not called for kobe...what i do mind is that the calls bryant doesnt get would be AUTOMATICALLY GUARANTEED for wade...but w/e lakers won

lakerfreak
01-16-2007, 03:30 AM
i dont mind the calls called for wade or calls not called for kobe...what i do mind is that the calls bryant doesnt get would be AUTOMATICALLY GUARANTEED for wade...but w/e lakers won

honestly i dont think the call have much effect because we did win.

I wont complain anymore

picc84
01-16-2007, 03:40 AM
I love how you call me out and ask me to substantiate my comments and then turn around and post conspiracy theories like this. Way to be consistent. :D I'm sure you won't get a Laker Logic smart-a$$ response to this one, though... :rolleyes:

Whats your explanation for how two people in the exact same situations, can have one receive the call, and the other not receive the call, over and over again, if not referee preference/bias? If they were completely objective, there wouldnt be any discrepancy. So yes Loki, what is your theory on this phenomena?

Loki
01-16-2007, 03:59 AM
Whats your explanation for how two people in the exact same situations, can have one receive the call, and the other not receive the call, over and over again, if not referee preference/bias? If they were completely objective, there wouldnt be any discrepancy. So yes Loki, what is your theory on this phenomena?

Because many time they're not the exact same situations -- see my previous post. That said, I have never denied that Wade gets a good amount of calls.

picc84
01-16-2007, 04:07 AM
Because many time they're not the exact same situations -- see my previous post. That said, I have never denied that Wade gets a good amount of calls.

Wade gets hit, foul call. Kobe gets hit, no foul call. Other laker players get hit, no foul call. Wade gets hit, foul call. Even the announcers were talking about it. Illegal contact defined as a personal foul is the same situation, in every situation. The only time its not is when preference and bias come into play.

LakersDynasty
01-16-2007, 04:43 AM
Wade gets hit, foul call. Kobe gets hit, no foul call. Other laker players get hit, no foul call. Wade gets hit, foul call. Even the announcers were talking about it. Illegal contact defined as a personal foul is the same situation, in every situation. The only time its not is when preference and bias come into play.
Exactly. Kobe got hacked 3-4 times in the lane (at least) without a foul call, most notably where Zo slapped him on the forearm, I have never ever seen Wade not get a call like that, it's clearly obvious that ALL refs have a bias towards Wade.

hotsizzle
01-16-2007, 04:45 AM
anyone hear kerr say "they should put wade on kobe because they'll have a better chance at pickin up th foul":oldlol:

NASH = BEST
01-16-2007, 05:41 AM
:mad: IN WATCHING THE FEW LAKERS GAMES THAT I HAVE THIS SEASON, I HAVE NOTICED THAT KOBE DOESNT ATTACK THE RIM LIKE HE USE TO. WADE DOES IT MORE CONSISTENTLY THEREFORE HE AVGs 11.3 A GAME, 2 MORE THAN KOBEs 9.1 A GAME. THAT EQUALS TO 1 LESS FOUL THAT KOBE DRAWS, SO THE THREAD QUESTION SHOULD NOW BE
"WHAT CAN KOBE DO TO GET 1 MORE FOUL CALLED IN HIS FAVOR?":mad:

Heretik32
01-16-2007, 07:22 AM
So you guys compare a player who's slowly but surely moving his game away from the basket to a daredevil slasher wo makes his living inside an moan about the fact the former shoots a whooping 2 free throw attempts less per game?

Issues.

crisoner
01-16-2007, 10:05 AM
Not commit adultery for all to see....opps to late!

SonnY
01-16-2007, 10:16 AM
He gets away with rape already.

DreamRockets
01-16-2007, 11:31 AM
grow a pair and attack the basket, instead of jacking 10000 3pointers a game.

DreamRockets
01-16-2007, 11:32 AM
:mad: IN WATCHING THE FEW LAKERS GAMES THAT I HAVE THIS SEASON, I HAVE NOTICED THAT KOBE DOESNT ATTACK THE RIM LIKE HE USE TO

it's called shaq's coat-tails, they are no longer in LA.

crisoner
01-16-2007, 11:40 AM
He gets away with rape already.

You must be a white heterosexual protestant male.

Knoe Itawl
01-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Kobe Groupies are the worst.

I've felt similarily about calls Bryant has gotten over the years, but I would never sink to this level and everyone knows how much I can't stand Bryant.

Pitiful scum.

Vragrant
01-16-2007, 11:59 AM
Bryant groupies are the most pathetic, obsessed fans in professional sports (football, baseball etc). Its used to be Mcgrady who drew their ire, then Lebron, now its Wade since he won a title/Finals MVP. Whoever poses a threat to Bryant they will spit venom at.

DreamRockets
01-16-2007, 12:02 PM
yeah, it's pathetic, and they dare to say wade needs to prove himself better than kobe ! as if winning a ring with a bunch of old geezers plus shaq scoring 14 points per game (who is an old geezer himself) wasn't enough proof

vert48
01-16-2007, 12:05 PM

There was only ONE bad call that favored Wade in the entire playofs. And that was the forearm on dirk. That's it.Ask TMac what he thinks.

DreamRockets
01-16-2007, 12:10 PM
tmac was a watcher giving his opinion in that interview, no different from all the stupid wade haters in this forum.

vert48
01-16-2007, 12:14 PM
tmac was a watcher giving his opinion in that interview, no different from all the stupid wade haters in this forum.Glad to know that you understand the game better the TMac. It is interesting that TMac groupies have now shifted allegiance over to D-Whistle, while Kobe Groupies are still standing by their man. With all of the ridiculous name calling and hair pulling, it is like a chick fight.

DreamRockets
01-16-2007, 12:18 PM
im not changing my loyalty to anybody, tmac is in my team so i prefer him over wade, but if he is gonna come up with some horse sheit conspiracy theories i don't have to agree with him.

and why can't i understand what is a foul and what is not a foul better than tmac ? him being a player has nothing to do with that, any fan who has been watching the nba for a long time (not casual fans, REAL fans) can understand the game as much as mcgrady does, is not like this is bill russell or some basketball schollar speaking here.

vert48
01-16-2007, 12:23 PM
im not changing my loyalty to anybody, tmac is in my team so i prefer him over wade, but if he is gonna come up with some horse sheit conspiracy theories i don't have to agree with him.

and why can't i understand what is a foul and what is not a foul better than tmac ? him being a player has nothing to do with that, any fan who has been watching the nba for a long time (not casual fans, REAL fans) can understand the game as much as mcgrady does, is not like this is bill russell or some basketball schollar speaking here.Yep, keep thinking that.

Knoe Itawl
01-16-2007, 12:25 PM
So you guys compare a player who's slowly but surely moving his game away from the basket to a daredevil slasher wo makes his living inside an moan about the fact the former shoots a whooping 2 free throw attempts less per game?

Issues.

Answer this, you pathetic groupies.

Glad you guys are showing the world what you're made of though. So people can see exactly how ****ed up you guys are.

DreamRockets
01-16-2007, 12:26 PM
Yep, keep thinking that.

thank you, i will !! :)

vert48
01-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Answer this, you pathetic groupies.

Glad you guys are showing the world what you're made of though. So people can see exactly how ****ed up you guys are.Knoe, did you watch the Heat/Laker game last night?

DreamRockets
01-16-2007, 12:30 PM
yeah, and kobe didn't deserve more calls than the ones he got, and wade didn't deserve less calls than the ones he got, kobe should kiss cook's ass for winning him that game, wade owned him once again.

redd (once), wade (twice), arenas (big time)

thats the official list of kobe owners for this season.

Knoe Itawl
01-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Knoe, did you watch the Heat/Laker game last night?

Yeah, I did and it hardly warrants the bytching from the groupies (as usual).

Kobe fans and bitter Dallas fans have basically engaged in a campaign to discredit Wade's whole career as if he's never done anything significant on the court. I've NEVER lowered myself to that level when it comes to Bryant.

Groupies act like Wade is averaging like 10 more fts per game than the next person and it's close. PLUS he attacks the basket more than any other player in the league.

This is all garbage and just another example of why Bryant fanatics are the worst people in all of sports.

vert48
01-16-2007, 12:52 PM
yeah, and kobe didn't deserve more calls than the ones he got, and wade didn't deserve less calls than the ones he got, kobe should kiss cook's ass for winning him that game, wade owned him once again.

redd (once), wade (twice), arenas (big time)

thats the official list of kobe owners for this season.
Wade did not own Kobe last night. The Lakers won the game and Wade's extra points came at the line. Their other stats were very similar. Wade played better in the 1st, Kobe played better in the 4th. Who do you think was happier with their performance, their team's performance, and the outcome last night? Oh, I forgot, they are only players, so they do not know the game like you do.

Heretik32
01-16-2007, 12:54 PM
I dislike groupies and haters of all kinds, sizes and convictions, but I have to agree with Knoe: Kobe seems to attract a certain kind of over-the-top, no-holds-barred-no-arguments-allowed supergroupie.

I'm slowly beginning to respect Kobe's game, but those people still are still souring the grapes for me.

DreamRockets
01-16-2007, 12:56 PM
i guess what an nba schollar who has lead his team to the playoffs every year of his career and has won multiple championships like mcgrady says should be considered as fact :roll:

of course the lakers were happy, they won, i give a lot of credit to brian cook for being the player of the game, as for kobe, 25 points on 24 shots doesn't impress me, sorry, he should be kissing cook's ass, the same way he was kissing shaq's when he rode his coat-tails to 3 championships.

vert48
01-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Yeah, I did and it hardly warrants the bytching from the groupies (as usual).

Kobe fans and bitter Dallas fans have basically engaged in a campaign to discredit Wade's whole career as if he's never done anything significant on the court. I've NEVER lowered myself to that level when it comes to Bryant.

Groupies act like Wade is averaging like 10 more fts per game than the next person and it's close. PLUS he attacks the basket more than any other player in the league. This is all garbage and just another example of why Bryant fanatics are the worst people in all of sports.
I know that you dislike Kobe and hate groupie scum, but respond without going all anti Kobe and anti groupie scum on me (as I am not either).

1 - Imagine that last play in regulation as if Kobe were TMac, Wade, Lebron or Gilbert. Aside from the rest of the game, do you think that player X was fouled on that last drive to the basket at the end of regulation?

2 - Regardless of whether you think Kobe was fouled (I am going to guess that you think that Kobe was the one that did the fouling), Do you think the others I mentioned would have gotten that call?

3 - What did you think of Wade's act after he did not get the call in overtime on that drive to the hoop? It was pretty clear on the replay that he was not fouled, but he glared at the ref for quite awhile. Although he and others have obviously gotten that call at times, and he may have wanted the call, Wade knew he was not fouled. Don't you think that it looks bad when players make a big deal out of something when they are so clearly faking it (he may have wanted the call, but he knew he was not fouled)?

4 - Did Wade get away with a foul on Kobe when he stole the ball and went down for a dunk? Would that have been a foul on Kobe if the roles were reversed?

5 - Did Wade get away with a foul when there was no call after he missed the ball completely, only hitting Walton in the head, with Walton missing the layup late in the game? Would Wade have gotten that call if the roles were reversed?

Lakers
01-16-2007, 02:00 PM
Kobe didn't get calls that Wade would have obviously got, not to mention all of Wade's no calls. That is a pretty much a fact by anyone who watched the game. There are some people here who do not like the Lakers and/or who do not like Kobe who would like to simplify the topic with an answer of "He should drive more". That's all well and good, but that does not answer Wade getting a call that Bryant doesn't get in almost the exact situations, it also doesn't answer how Wade is allowed to practically mug people on defense. Playing devil's advocate though, if Wade does get the calls at the rim because he attacks more then Kobe should the calls on the perimeter. I want to see Wade out there getting hacked on the perimeter with no calls fouled but Kobe get away with them. If that happened then those people's logic would make sense.

Maybe this topic should be named "What can Kobe do to get more foul calls like Wade", maybe the Kobe part should be left out of it and it would be seen with more respect. Because the fact is the Wade gets away with a sh!tload of calls that mere mortals cannot possibly draw. Let's blame it on the Laker "homers", "groupies", and "scum" though and ignore the fact the NBA writers, announcers, players, coaches, bloggers, are all saying the exact same thing.

picc84
01-16-2007, 02:05 PM
Kobe Groupies are the worst.

I've felt similarily about calls Bryant has gotten over the years, but I would never sink to this level and everyone knows how much I can't stand Bryant.

Pitiful scum.

Pitiful scum? Wow, you're not overdramatic at all.

Knoe Itawl
01-16-2007, 03:22 PM
I know that you dislike Kobe and hate groupie scum, but respond without going all anti Kobe and anti groupie scum on me (as I am not either).

1 - Imagine that last play in regulation as if Kobe were TMac, Wade, Lebron or Gilbert. Aside from the rest of the game, do you think that player X was fouled on that last drive to the basket at the end of regulation?

2 - Regardless of whether you think Kobe was fouled (I am going to guess that you think that Kobe was the one that did the fouling), Do you think the others I mentioned would have gotten that call?

3 - What did you think of Wade's act after he did not get the call in overtime on that drive to the hoop? It was pretty clear on the replay that he was not fouled, but he glared at the ref for quite awhile. Although he and others have obviously gotten that call at times, and he may have wanted the call, Wade knew he was not fouled. Don't you think that it looks bad when players make a big deal out of something when they are so clearly faking it (he may have wanted the call, but he knew he was not fouled)?

4 - Did Wade get away with a foul on Kobe when he stole the ball and went down for a dunk? Would that have been a foul on Kobe if the roles were reversed?

5 - Did Wade get away with a foul when there was no call after he missed the ball completely, only hitting Walton in the head, with Walton missing the layup late in the game? Would Wade have gotten that call if the roles were reversed?

Without even bothering with all that, I'm going to give the POINT.

The point is I could go back over Kobe's career and write something like the above for MANY games that I felt he was unfairly favored by the refs. In fact, you could do that for many star players in the league. The DIFFERENCE between me and these groupies that are trying to tarnish Wade's career is that you've NEVER caught me taking it to the far extreme that Bryant fanatics are taking it. I have never stooped to that level, though I could have just like they are.

This whole smear campaing is dishonest, overexaggerated and the result of a segment of fans that cannot BEAR the IDEA of any player approaching their God. (and another group that hate Wade for destroying their team in the Finals last year). End of story.

And the fact that Bryant fans would bytch about foul calls when their hero has been the benificiary of so many in his career is the height of hypocrisy.

vert48
01-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Without even bothering with all that, I'm going to give the POINT.

The point is I could go back over Kobe's career and write something like the above for MANY games that I felt he was unfairly favored by the refs. In fact, you could do that for many star players in the league. The DIFFERENCE between me and these groupies that are trying to tarnish Wade's career is that you've NEVER caught me taking it to the far extreme that Bryant fanatics are taking it. I have never stooped to that level, though I could have just like they are.

This whole smear campaing is dishonest, overexaggerated and the result of a segment of fans that cannot BEAR the IDEA of any player approaching their God. (and another group that hate Wade for destroying their team in the Finals last year). End of story.

And the fact that Bryant fans would bytch about foul calls when their hero has been the benificiary of so many in his career is the height of hypocrisy.I am wondering what you think of those particular plays, not about conspiracy theories and the campaign being waged against Wade by groupie scum.

Knoe Itawl
01-16-2007, 03:39 PM
I am wondering what you think of those particular plays, not about conspiracy theories and about the campaign being waged against Wade by groupie scum.

Let's say I AGREE with you about every point you made (I don't). EVERY STAR player in the league, especially all star guard types has a game, or two, or three or a dozen where someone could write out exactly what you did and moan about the officiating.

The DIFFERENCE is, Bryant Fanatics try to make it into something much more sinister. As if there was some memo from Stern saying to favor Wade. They are trying to tarnish his career so anytime he accomplishes something they can say "Waaah, the refs".

That is straight bullshyt and regardless of whether you like Wade or not, you should be disgusted by it.

Even though I obviously dislike Bryant a lot, I wouldn't stoop to trying to dismiss his entire career as being the result of ref favoring. But there is no level that extreme Bryant fans won't sink to.

He takes TWO fts per game more than Kobe, and drives into the paint much more often. Please tell me where the conspiracy is.

Laker Logic
01-16-2007, 03:44 PM
I am wondering what you think of those particular plays, not about conspiracy theories and the campaign being waged against Wade by groupie scum.

The poster you're attempting to engage is not in the business of legitimate debate. He's interested in generalizations, personal attacks, self promotion and most of all, Kobe Bryant. Don't waste your time trying to have an honest disagreement or discussion with him. His talking points are already written, and they won't be altered by anything you say or do, or by the truth.

Knoe Itawl
01-16-2007, 03:48 PM
The poster you're attempting to engage is not in the business of legitimate debate. He's interested in generalizations, personal attacks, self promotion and most of all, Kobe Bryant. Don't waste your time trying to have an honest disagreement or discussion with him. His talking points are already written, and they won't be altered by anything you say or do, or by the truth.

Yeah way to ignore all the OTHER posters (including your main man kblaze) who have said similar things. Just like the groupie you are, try to dismiss it as the ramblings of a "hater" like me when PLENTY of other people have said essentially the SAME thing.

Laker Logic, the Intellectual Groupie :oldlol:

picc84
01-16-2007, 03:52 PM
I wonder if anyone will ever acknowledge that fans of every team and not just Dallas or LA, sports commentators with no allegiance to LA or Kobe, and even players, are complaining about Wade's preferential treatment and implying ref bias and overly superstar treatment.

Nah. Just continue to pretend its only LA fans and Dallas fans talking about it. Steve Kerr last night? Kobe groupie. Rob Parker and Skip Bayless on Cold Pizza this morning? Obvious Kobe groupies with an agenda against Wade. Sheed? G. Wallce? Tmac? All kobe groupies. I go to another mb where fans who hate LA, and fans of every other team in the league are disgusted with Wade his star treatment. But nah, its only LA and Dallas fans. Everyone who wont admit it is just closet. No one else could possibly call out the great DWade. :bowdown:

:D

Knoe Itawl
01-16-2007, 03:57 PM
I wonder if anyone will ever acknowledge that fans of every team and not just Dallas or LA, sports commentators with no allegiance to LA or Kobe, and even players, are complaining about Wade's preferential treatment and implying ref bias and overly superstar treatment.

Nah. Just continue to pretend its only LA fans and Dallas fans talking about it. Steve Kerr last night? Kobe groupie. Rob Parker and Skip Bayless on Cold Pizza this morning? Obvious Kobe groupies with an agenda against Wade. Sheed? G. Wallce? Tmac? All kobe groupies. I go to another mb where fans who hate LA, and fans of every other team in the league are disgusted with Wade his star treatment. But nah, its only LA and Dallas fans. Everyone who wont admit it is just closet. No one else could possibly call out the great DWade. :bowdown:

:D

It's funny how when Kobe was being villified left and right by the media, Phil, Shaq, etc. Kobe fans held onto that he was misunderstood no matter HOW MANY people were speaking against him. It was EVERYONE ELSE who was wrong.

Now the first thing you want to do in this situation is point to what other people are saying about Wade. Gotta love the hypocrisy. So everyone else was wrong about Kobe, but these people are all right about wade? Is that it?

Answer this one question though: He's shooting two fts per game more than Bryant, and has far more of a rim attacking style than he does. So I ask you where is the conspiracy?

God of BasketBall
01-16-2007, 04:02 PM
1. Has Wade been getting the benefit of the whistle even when he shouldnt? Yes
2. Has Kobe been getting fouled, hammered and recieved no whistle? Yes
3. Has Kobe been given the same treatment as D.Wade has when it comes to officials calling fouls, bogus/phantom or not? Nope

So yes Wade has been getting special treatment more than Kobe Bryant has. However I dont really harp on this too much or find it THAT big of a deal for a simple fact some tend to ignore, overlook or brush off. Whats that? Oh its that KOBE has recieved the Wade treatment before and to some who are complaining about Wade now they didnt say a word. They pointed to past players and said "Well they got special treatment so Kobe can too" or some just catch amnesia and dont address or acknowledge this. There was once a time where Kobe was untouchable and got "where was the foul?" calls.

So really how can D.Wade getting special treatment be argued against using someone who was in D.Wade shoes not too long ago? :confusedshrug:

This is a stalemate and Judge Mathis would bang the gavel and say there is no case. Go home. Next!

picc84
01-16-2007, 04:03 PM
It's funny how when Kobe was being villified left and right by the media, Phil, Shaq, etc. Kobe fans held onto that he was misunderstood no matter HOW MANY people were speaking against him. It was EVERYONE ELSE who was wrong.

Now the first thing you want to do in this situation is point to what other people are saying about Wade. Gotta love the hypocrisy.

Never mind the many many positive things people have said about him.

Thats a funny way of dodging the issue, if ineffective. Whether Kobe fans are hypocrites or not, has nothing to do with the fact that you act as if its them and only them that complain about Wade, when that couldnt be further from the truth. Care to address the numerous others in the form of other teams' fans, players, and commentators alike that have called Wade out instead of trying to steer this into yet another attack on kobe fans? Eh, doubt it. Just call me a disgusting, sick, pitiful kobe groupie scum or whatever melodramatic title you can come up with and dodge the issue again.

Answer this one question though: He's shooting two fts per game more than Bryant, and has far more of a rim attacking style than he does. So I ask you where is the conspiracy?

One, he doesnt attack the rim as much more than Kobe as you think he does, as proven by stats. Two, Kobe is played much tighter on the perimeter due to a number of factors, increasing his foul draws on the perimeter where defenders drape literally all over him, whereas Wade gets his inside as a result of defenders playing off him. Three, I never said there is a conspiracy, just bias. Any more?

vert48
01-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Let's say I AGREE with you about every point you made (I don't). EVERY STAR player in the league, especially all star guard types has a game, or two, or three or a dozen where someone could write out exactly what you did and moan about the officiating.

The DIFFERENCE is, Bryant Fanatics try to make it into something much more sinister. As if there was some memo from Stern saying to favor Wade. They are trying to tarnish his career so anytime he accomplishes something they can say "Waaah, the refs".

That is straight bullshyt and regardless of whether you like Wade or not, you should be disgusted by it.

Even though I obviously dislike Bryant a lot, I wouldn't stoop to trying to dismiss his entire career as being the result of ref favoring. But there is no level that extreme Bryant fans won't sink to.

He takes TWO fts per game more than Kobe, and drives into the paint much more often. Please tell me where the conspiracy is.
I was talking about your conspiracy theory of Bryant Groupies smearing Wade, not a conspiracy of the refs giving Wade calls he does not deserve.

You are talking in generalities, I am asking in specifics. Since you will not answer the questions, how about I tell you how I think you would answer my questions:

1 - Even though Tivo clearly shows Wade hacking Kobe's arms prior to this, you think that Kobe fouled Ely. So, your answer would be a good no call.

2 - You chuckled when you read it because you know that Kobe, Wade, TMac, Lebron and Gilbert would ALL usually get that call. But, the fact that Kobe did not get it this time does not bother you given the fact that he gets so many others. You also know that Wade would ALWAYS get that call given the current state of things.

3 - You know he was not fouled, but you are thinking about how much bytching and moaning Kobe has been doing all game, so you are not being reasonable on this one. Kobe's moaning aside (yes, he does a lot of that), you know Wade was pissed he did not get a call he clearly did not deserve.

4/5 - You can't possibly think that Wade did not foul Kobe on that steal, or Walton on the missed layup. Tivo proves those with zero room for doubt. This is one of the reasons that you do not want to respond, because these are the most blatant errors I listed. Either you agree that he got away with it, or you are a blatant groupie. This one is tough for you, because you know the truth, but you do not want to show your D-Whistle Underoos in a public forum.

vert48
01-16-2007, 04:05 PM
The poster you're attempting to engage is not in the business of legitimate debate. He's interested in generalizations, personal attacks, self promotion and most of all, Kobe Bryant. Don't waste your time trying to have an honest disagreement or discussion with him. His talking points are already written, and they won't be altered by anything you say or do, or by the truth.Knoe and I have actually agreed at times. He obviously knows a lot about basketball and often has good legit posts. He knows I am not a groupie, just a Laker fan. I am asking good questions, he just does not like the answers he would have to give.

Laker Logic
01-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Yeah way to ignore all the OTHER posters (including your main man kblaze) who have said similar things.

Knoeital gimmick #1 - Bring up the name of some other respected poster and say "even ________ agreed with me this one time at band camp," in an attempt to gain respect by association.

Knoeital gimmick #2 - Claiming the allegiance of "PLENTY" (always capitalized) of other (always unnamed) people who supposedly agree with him. Since they're not named and he isn't specific about what he's talking about, no one can even know if they're part of the group he's claiming agrees with him. Therefore, no one will object and therefore, someone, somewhere, supposedly agrees with whatever it is he's distorting or outright lying about.

Laker Logic, the Intellectual Groupie :oldlol:

Knoeital gimmick #3 - Namecalling, of course! Followed by emoticons indicating that at least one person finds Knoe funny. That guy can hit a joke from the team bus every time. (namecalling should of course be #1, it's his preferred tactic...but he put it last this time, Knoe must be trying to mix it up a bit today.

aj242
01-16-2007, 04:18 PM

As a Laker fan it's embarrassing. This is coming from a guy who thinks Kobe will be go down as the SECOND best 2 guard of All time.

However I had to leave the Fanatics alone after these 3 events.

1. Right after & during the 3-peat that Kobe is better then Jordan.

2. After Shaq is traded they basically tar & feather him. Yes he was lazy at times & said the wrong things. You can't do that to a man who was a MAJOR part of winning THREE straight championships.

3. The smear campaign against Wade because he is a so called threat to Kobe's legacy. I know because I felt the same thing about Duncan & Shaq.

However I never tried to discredit Duncan's accomplishments like the fanatics.

crisoner
01-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Knoe is a oxy moron and is more of a kobe "fanatic" (more like stalker) then anybody who has ever posted on these boards.

The real question is how could one person waste and put so much energy via internet speaking of his hate for one player?

That's the question...and it won't be answered because Knobe will flip it to another insult comp.

End of story...he is not worth the argument.

hotsizzle
01-16-2007, 05:47 PM
as i said, i dont give a fck about wade's FT attempts.

but admit it knoe.. if kobe was gettin wade's treatment today (or at least how it appears to be)...OMG! kobe/laker fans would not see the end of it from you

crisoner
01-16-2007, 05:50 PM
http://www.woostercollective.com/images/2006/02/kobewk3.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/27/102963556_bb23cc1ba2.jpg

Kobe is the axys of all evil to some...he can do KNOE right. lol

DLakerfan
01-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Referees are doing a fine job, they're calling fouls the way it should be, the idea that Wade gets more foul calls than kobe is rediculous, the thread starter is hallucinating.

the even bigger black guy
01-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Knoe won't respond to your point, he just looks for any excuse to push his agenda of calling groupies scum. He's like a broken record who looks for every chance to spit out his rhetoric. He doesn't want to argue or debate, because he's already made up his mind and has an agenda. He just looks for an opportunity to call people names.

24/7
01-16-2007, 07:34 PM
Knoe won't respond to your point, he just looks for any excuse to push his agenda of calling groupies scum. He's like a broken record who looks for every chance to spit out his rhetoric. He doesn't want to argue or debate, because he's already made up his mind and has an agenda. He just looks for an opportunity to call people names.

There was a time when Kobe groupies ran rampant, and that guy actually found a niche in the basketball forum world. But these days the groupie behavior is greatly toned down for the most part, and the ones that exist are put in check by Lakers fans usually before anyone else(except at LG). That and the fact that Kobe has shed many of the characteristics so many of his detractors made such a fuss over. These days a guy like him is struggling to maintain the identity that validated his existence and made him a notable figure here.

He should be treated like a senile old man,when he barks a bunch of nonsense. Just pat him on the head, put your finger to your lips for him to shush down a little and then turn around and ignore him.

DCL
01-16-2007, 08:51 PM
the fu.k is this thread complaining about? kobe can knock someone like wally szerbiak in the face and still get free calls.

XxNeXuSxX
01-16-2007, 08:53 PM

Fact.

jo3y91
01-16-2007, 08:59 PM
how can kobe get more foul calls like wade. kobe cant he aint no ***** like wade is.

selrahc
08-25-2013, 05:13 PM
i was wondering this too