PDA

View Full Version : New York Knicks To Extend Mike Woodson

Reverend Hoops
05-08-2012, 11:13 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-knicks-working-contract-extension-interim-head-coach-mike-woodson-article-1.1074140?localLinksEnabled=false

SpecialQue
05-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Woodsanity continues!!!

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m03c7z3tme1qa913mo1_500.gif

Teanett
05-08-2012, 11:24 AM
hooray

Shepseskaf
05-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Excellent! Its the right move to make.

Reverend Hoops
05-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Excellent! Its the right move to make.

Great move to stay mediocre. Make sense for the Knicks.

bagelred
05-08-2012, 11:36 AM
:facepalm This is a guy who trusts JR Smith to no end, but hates Landry Fields. Fail. :facepalm

Shepseskaf
05-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Great move to stay mediocre. Make sense for the Knicks.
Oh, so with another coach the team would be contending for the 'chip next year? :facepalm

Woodson went 18-6 after taking over from Pringles. What more do you want him to do?

He obviously deserves a shot to see what he can do for an entire season.

Shepseskaf
05-08-2012, 11:45 AM
:facepalm This is a guy who trusts JR Smith to no end, but hates Landry Fields. Fail. :facepalm
Woodson doesn't "hate" Fields. JR simply has more upside.

1rkrage
05-08-2012, 11:50 AM
I guess Phil was too expensive

TheBluest
05-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Ironic this comes out after they beat the Heat 1 playoff game....

Not sure what to think because of Dolan's tendency to do things knee jerkish but good for Woody as he did show some means of adjusting and holding players accountable publicly.

Teanett
05-08-2012, 11:56 AM
Woodson doesn't "hate" Fields. JR simply has more upside.
STARTERS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS

J.R. Smith, SG 36 3-15 1-8 0-0 0 5 5 4 2 0 1 5 -2 7

UPSIDE!!!:applause:

DesertCat
05-08-2012, 11:56 AM

Insinuating Phil cares about money at this point. Unless he can buy a time machine, he's done. Knicks being cheap about Phil could be true on top

blablabla
05-08-2012, 11:57 AM
good that we can't keep jr anyway

PP34Deuce
05-08-2012, 11:58 AM
There is no other viable coach out there.

Guarantee u if Doc Rivers, LAwrence Frank, even Frank vogel were on the market they wouldn't extend him.

Phil Jckson is not coming back, and Jerry Sloan is way too old school. Woodson will keep them int he playoffs but its going to take Melo and Amare to define their roles and play best of their ability.

Shepseskaf
05-08-2012, 12:02 PM
STARTERS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS

J.R. Smith, SG 36 3-15 1-8 0-0 0 5 5 4 2 0 1 5 -2 7

UPSIDE!!!:applause:
You aren't even smart enough to figure out what upside means.

Why are you still allowed to post here? You're bringing the down the IQ level of the entire board.

Shepseskaf
05-08-2012, 12:03 PM

Guarantee u if Doc Rivers, LAwrence Frank, even Frank vogel were on the market they wouldn't extend him.

Phil Jckson is not coming back, and Jerry Sloan is way too old school. Woodson will keep them int he playoffs but its going to take Melo and Amare to define their roles and play best of their ability.
Lawrence Frank? :roll:

blablabla
05-08-2012, 12:06 PM

Paul Silas:banana:

Teanett
05-08-2012, 12:13 PM
You aren't even smart enough to figure out what upside means.

Why are you still allowed to post here? You're bringing the down the IQ level of the entire board.

yeah, UPSIDE!:applause:
jr is shooting 32%. UPSIDE!:applause:
jr shot 34% the last two playoffs. UPSIDE!:applause:
jr is a proven chucker. UPSIDE!:applause:
jr is not going to be a knick next season. UPSIDE!:applause:

UPSIDE!:applause:

Clutch
05-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Scooter on suicide watch :lol

DStebb716
05-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Thread title is misleading. They have just entered talks.

coin24
05-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Good signing if it happens!!:applause:

Hes done a decent job with them so far.. Not like theres a better replacement out there, and the players seem to respect him... For the ppl saying Phil Jackson:oldlol: Hes not coming back....
Interesting to see how they go next year with proper time to mesh...

Whats with all the JR hate? Is this the first time youve seen him play or something?:oldlol: Always been inconsistent on offense, but at least hes playing D now...

Shepseskaf
05-08-2012, 12:28 PM
yeah, UPSIDE!:applause:
jr is shooting 32%. UPSIDE!:applause:
jr shot 34% the last two playoffs. UPSIDE!:applause:
jr is a proven chucker. UPSIDE!:applause:
jr is not going to be a knick next season. UPSIDE!:applause:

My god, you have problems. I don't know whether to laugh at you or feel pity.

Teanett
05-08-2012, 12:30 PM
My god, you have problems. I don't know whether to laugh at you or feel pity.

Bigsmoke
05-08-2012, 12:31 PM
The Knicks should have tried to get Rick Adelman besides letting him go through that whole rebuilding stage again with the T-Wolves.

Whoah10115
05-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Who enters into discussions going into an elimination game?

Damn.

TheBluest
05-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Who enters into discussions going into an elimination game?

Damn.

Dolan and his overly emotional self. This is the same man who extended I SAY UGH after he pronounced Clear and Evident progress during the 2006-2007 season and the team was fighting for 10th-8th seed. Then Jamal Crawford proceeded to break his hand thereafter. Dolan is an idiot the way he operates.

bagelred
05-08-2012, 01:16 PM

too expensive? :roll: no such thing. this ain't the bulls.

InspiredLebowski
05-08-2012, 01:18 PM

Phil Jckson is not coming back, and Jerry Sloan is way too old school. Woodson will keep them int he playoffs but its going to take Melo and Amare to define their roles and play best of their ability.Brian Shaw's immensely viable. As is SVG. And Jerry Sloan. And Nate McMillan. I could go on...

wang4three
05-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Woodson prefers chaos basketball too much. Wouldn't be surprised if he was a heavy gambler.

knickswin
05-08-2012, 02:01 PM
they should look into what other options are out there this summer ...

of course, they won't. one playoff victory is enough for jimmy dolan to sign woodson to a 5 year contract.

plus, woodson is buddies with isiah ...

i'm not happy about this ... woodson isn't horrible, but I think they're going to find out the hard way that he could hold them back from where they want to go.

knicks are a trash franchise. i don't know why i ever expect them to make smart, clearheaded decisions. they never do.

midatlantic09
05-08-2012, 02:03 PM

Lawrence Frank? Why would the Knicks hire a guy who can't get a team over .500?

iamgine
05-08-2012, 02:05 PM

WTH is too old school?

Teanett
05-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Lawrence Frank? Why would the Knicks hire a guy who can't get a team over .500?

:rolleyes:

midatlantic09
05-08-2012, 02:10 PM
:rolleyes:

He coached Detroit to a 25-41 record this year. He coached the Nets to sub .500 records from 2007-2010, including an 0-16 start one year.

I don't think he's a good coach, but he keeps getting jobs because NBA teams seemingly like to recycle the same handful of coaches despite their previous coaching records.

Teanett
05-08-2012, 02:13 PM
He coached Detroit to a 25-41 record this year. He coached the Nets to sub .500 records from 2007-2010, including an 0-16 start one year.

He's not that good of a coach, but keeps getting jobs for some reason.

he has a better record than woodson.

midatlantic09
05-08-2012, 02:27 PM
he has a better record than woodson.

Not since 2008 he doesn't and what he's done lately is all that matters. Since that time, Woodson has clearly been the superior coach as Frank hasn't done anything positive since his early Nets days back around 2004 with a semi-loaded NJ Nets team (that even I could've coached to a .500 record).

Teanett
05-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Not since 2008 he doesn't and what he's done lately is all that matters. Since that time, Woodson has clearly been the superior coach as Frank hasn't done anything positive since his early Nets days back around 2004 with a semi-loaded NJ Nets team (that even I could've coached to a .500 record).

ok

AMISTILLILL
05-08-2012, 02:33 PM
Figured this would happen if Woodson dragged this hobbled Knicks team to a decent playoff run. I didn't realize the standards were so low with the New York front office that simply winning a game in the post-season would do the trick.

I have a feeling they're going to be kicking themselves for offering an extension precipitously. There's a decent pool of coaching talent available this summer, and the Knicks have already demonstrated that money is not an issue.

I guess this means McMillan winds up with the Clippers or Magic. I guess the Orlando situation hinges on whether or not Howard forces a trade in the off-season.

ClutchOver9000
05-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Woody's a good dude, and the team plays hard for him, but I'm not sold on him as the coach for our future... 4 years? idk man...

DuMa
05-08-2012, 02:49 PM
I guess Phil thought he cant win with these losers

fixed

knickswin
05-08-2012, 02:57 PM
it's kind of scary. i thought with walsh and d'antoni, the knicks were really heading in a new direction. maybe fans didn't like the idea of building a d'antoni type team, but at least there was a clear idea they were going after and some rationality behind most of their signings (if you are trying to build a d'antoni team, signing stoudemire to $100 million/5 years is actually not that bad an idea, and the 2-year felton contract was genius).

now ... it's like we're back in 2007,2008 again. i really have no idea what the plan is. they have a hodge podge roster that has had serious fit issues all season. they have a coach with a hodge podge game plan. of course they're well above the cap.

sad to me because I think there's a pretty clear direction this team could head in where they'd have an identity and be contenders. they need a coach with a more disciplined half court approach. they need to cut out the dummies (baron has already taken himself out of the equation, and j.r. will be gone soon too), bring in some guys who can shoot, and move stoudemire for a power forward who is a better fit.

but this is the knicks we're talking about. they'll probably just keep trying to make this hodge podge team work.

Haymaker
05-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Players respect Woodson, and he seems to emphatize on defense. I'm curious to see how he does with a 100% healthy Knicks next season.

niko
05-08-2012, 03:50 PM
The Knicks haven't offered him anything, and Woodson says there are no negotiations in progress, but don't let that prevent anyone from bashing the Knicks.

Blue&Orange
05-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Figured this would happen if Woodson dragged this hobbled Knicks team to a decent playoff run. I didn't realize the standards were so low with the New York front office that simply winning a game in the post-season would do the trick.

I'm sure it doesn't' have nothing to do with having the second best record in the NBA and beating every team in the east but the Heat in the process

I have a feeling they're going to be kicking themselves for offering an extension precipitously. There's a decent pool of coaching talent available this summer, and the Knicks have already demonstrated that money is not an issue.

Menstruating hen?

Dying to read your input on the Knicks when you're ovulating.

Teanett
05-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Woody's a good dude, and the team plays hard for him, but I'm not sold on him as the coach for our future... 4 years? idk man...

exactly my thoughts.

AMISTILLILL
05-08-2012, 04:43 PM
I'm sure it doesn't' have nothing to do with having the second best record in the NBA and beating every team in the east but the Heat in the process

:confusedshrug:

Menstruating hen?

http://www.netstate.com/states/symb/birds/images/de_blue_hen_chicken.jpg

:confusedshrug:

You're visibly mad. It's okay, you'll get through this.

Akrazotile
04-25-2014, 10:28 AM

Menstruating hen?

:roll:

Real14
04-25-2014, 12:46 PM
:roll:
Not funny man:coleman:

JohnStarks
04-25-2014, 12:48 PM
They should make me coach , i'd airball them to the finals

Real14
04-25-2014, 12:54 PM
They should make me coach , i'd airball them to the finals
You're a horrible poster:coleman:

JohnStarks
04-25-2014, 12:58 PM
You're a horrible poster:coleman:

I woul've cared if i knew who u were. . :rockon:

Real14
04-25-2014, 01:01 PM
I woul've cared if i knew who u were. . :rockon:
One of tha best there iz:banana:

JohnStarks
04-25-2014, 01:09 PM
One of tha best there iz:banana:

The best at spotting gay rappers right ? u know tupac was a phhag rite ?

Real14
04-25-2014, 01:20 PM
The best at spotting gay rappers right ? u know tupac was a phhag rite ?
Get off that crack man! (Smokey from Friday voice) Niguh wasn't gay he had mad bitches, some rappers today are gay tho and you know who they are:lol

tomSR.
04-25-2014, 01:22 PM
Woodsanity continues!!!

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m03c7z3tme1qa913mo1_500.gif

nice boner ..........:eek:

Akrazotile
05-23-2014, 01:49 AM
Free Woody!