PDA

View Full Version : JR on his way out

bluechox2
05-10-2012, 01:55 AM
@TheRealJRSmith: Damn didn't know this man people didn't want me in #NY might just get what you asking for! #sorrykidz
?

pple going after him on twitter

KDTrey5
05-10-2012, 01:58 AM
hes been getting grilled by tweeters

bdreason
05-10-2012, 01:59 AM
Michael Jordan would never have had a twitter.

If I was a coach, I would ban my players from using it.

coin24
05-10-2012, 02:00 AM
He'll get way more $$ elsewhere anyway...

Knicks fans:facepalm love to throw blame wtf?

KDTrey5
05-10-2012, 02:01 AM

why? as long as they aint tweeting during game/halftime or an hour before they should be good

bluechox2
05-10-2012, 02:01 AM
he still played like shit, shotjacking since he got here like it was a god given right

though we have no one else to take a shot cause all we do is iso

glad hes going...be some other teams problem

OneBadUsername
05-10-2012, 02:02 AM
why? as long as they aint tweeting during game/halftime or an hour before they should be good

They get so obsessed with it and JR would've never known what those people thought if he didn't go on the Tweeter.

LosBulls
05-10-2012, 02:03 AM
Bulls please.

ihoopallday
05-10-2012, 02:04 AM
Knicks just didn't utilize him the right way. Lots of teams would be happy to pick up this guy.

6JamesIsKing
05-10-2012, 02:05 AM
thank God

bluechox2
05-10-2012, 02:05 AM
Knicks just didn't utilize him the right way. Lots of teams would be happy to pick up this guy.
probably right...

KDTrey5
05-10-2012, 02:08 AM
They get so obsessed with it and JR would've never known what those people thought if he didn't go on the Tweeter.
ya but there is always haters, he should know that. and some people supporting him too

NewYorkNoPicks
05-10-2012, 02:11 AM
So many dumb people in NY man. They're just casual fans who really don't know what they're talking about.

I could go on and on how JR's street ball one on one style of ball can really harm the team at times. He prefers a slick crossover and a contested jumpshot over taking it to the basket.

But there's no denying he's talented and I'd love to have him back on the team next year. When he's on... he's on and can really light it up. You have to take the good with the bad when it comes to not only people in life, but players on sports teams.

Dumb casual NY fans going to push another player out of NY just like they did with Ewing. People in this city are so stupid sometimes, I really wonder where the intelligent Knick fans are, because the dumbasses certainly outnumber the latter...sadly.

If you want to place the blame somewhere, blame the owner who, for years has refused to rebuild the right way and has done everything in his power to built a treadmill team. When you acquire stars in the later half of their careers they're usually going to be at the beginning of a decline and therefore your window of opportunity isnt that wide (Amare, in this case). Additionally, when you add a cap crippling $15 million dollar offensively anemic, albeit defensive player of the year center before you have enough scorers on the team, you're impeding the clubs ability to improve. This is the Knicks team for the next 4 years, with probably no way to really improve other than from within. Sucks but...this is our owner.

KDTrey5
05-10-2012, 02:12 AM
So many dumb people in NY man. They're just casual fans who really don't know what they're talking about.

I could go on and on how JR's street ball one on one style of ball can really harm the team at times. He prefers a slick crossover and a contested jumpshot over taking it to the basket.

But there's no denying he's talented and I'd love to have him back on the team next year. When he's on he's on he can really light it up. You have to take the good with the bad with people.

Dumb casual NY fans going to push another player out of NY just like they did with Ewing. People in this city are so stupid sometimes, I really wonder where the intelligent Knick fans are, because the dumbasses certainly outnumber the latter...sadly.

the dumb fans are the fans who dont even follow the team as close as others. all the knick faithfuls stick with and support the players

NewYorkNoPicks
05-10-2012, 02:20 AM
the dumb fans are the fans who dont even follow the team as close as others. all the knick faithfuls stick with and support the players

Exactly, but the casual fans are the majority...and they for the most part are all sheep who go along with whatever the hot media story is at the moment.

I remember when these idiots were saying "trade melo".

Please. I never went with that for a second, but these dumbass simpletons did.

You don't trade a guy who has averaged more than 24ppg for 6 of his 8 seasons, with a career high of nearly 29ppg 3 years ago. A guy whos 28 years old, in his prime, and whose scoring ability is based on actual basketball skill and iq (both traits that do not fade) instead of athleticism (which does fade), should not be given up on so quickly. Amare on the other hand... :facepalm

OneBadUsername
05-10-2012, 02:21 AM

Pshhhhh...who would want him? *cough* ORLANDO *cough*

KDTrey5
05-10-2012, 02:22 AM
Exactly, but the casual fans are the majority...and they for the most part are all sheep who go along with whatever the hot media story is at the moment.

I remember when these idiots were saying "trade melo".

Please. I never went with that for a second, but these dumbass simpletons did.

You don't trade a guy who has averaged more than 24ppg for 6 of his 8 seasons, with a career high of nearly 29ppg 3 years ago. A guy whos 28 years old, in his prime, and whose scoring ability is based on actual basketball skill and iq (both traits that do not fade) instead of athleticism (which does fade), should not be given up on so quickly. Amare on the other hand... :facepalm
i think amare is solid, yes he makes dumb decisions (both on and off the court) but the guy needs more touches

Matty2Cool
05-10-2012, 02:23 AM
bring back larry johnson and john starks bro

NewYorkNoPicks
05-10-2012, 02:28 AM
i think amare is solid, yes he makes dumb decisions (both on and off the court) but the guy needs more touches

Definitely needs more touches, but Amares game is and always was based on being the most physically imposing and athletic PF in the entire league. He was pretty much how Blake Griffin is today, just an absolute monster physically.

Because of those gifts Amare never really developed any TRUE basketball skills aside from the spot up mid range jumper which he really only perfected a year ago. His game was either get fed the ball on a pick & roll where his leaping ability and strength allowed him to finish over any big man, or face up one on one beating you with a first step and barelling down the lane for a dunk.

He really can't play with his back to the basket, he's just uncomfortable doing it. You'll never really see him back a man down, turn around for a fadeaway, spin and go for an up and under, pull off a driving hook, etc. So when that athleticism is gone theres not much of a way he'll be able to contribute on the offensive end.

I do think however he still can contribute on the right team..... just not this team.

KDTrey5
05-10-2012, 02:30 AM
Definitely needs more touches, but Amares game is and always was based on being the most physically imposing and athletic PF in the entire league. He was pretty much how Blake Griffin is today, just an absolute monster physically.

Because of those gifts Amare never really developed any TRUE basketball skills aside from the spot up mid range jumper which he really only perfected a year ago. His game was either, get fed the ball on a pick & roll where his leaping ability and strength allowed him to finish over any big man, or face up one on one beating you with a first step and barelling down the lane for a dunk.

He really can't play with his back to the basket, he's just uncomfortable doing it. You'll never really see him back a man down, turn around for a fadeaway, spin and go for an up and under, pull off a driving hook, etc. So when that athleticism is gone theres not much of a way he'll be able to contribute on the offensive end.

I do think however he still can contribute on the right team..... just not this team.

true.. what you think of knicks getting nash next season?

NewYorkNoPicks
05-10-2012, 02:36 AM
true.. what you think of knicks getting nash next season?

I think that'd be amazing. I know he has a summer home in NYC and he enjoys hanging out here in the offseason; but there's only 2 ways he could come here: sign him for MLE, which means we'd lose Jeremy Lin OR maybe he takes the veterans minimum. I don't really see Nash taking the minimum, especially now that his boy D'Antoni is gone... But who knows, Steve is a winner and from hearing him in press conferences, quotes in the papers, he seems like the type of guy who would rather earn his title the hard way (on a team like NY for instance) than taking the easy way out and going to Miami.

It's just going to be tough for NY to improve though. They're capped out with most of their money invested into 3 players, the rest are all either on small deals or don't have much trade value.

I'm not sure abou the new CBA but since we really can't get under the cap or move any of our "big 3", I'd try to go after some forgotten players who we know have contributed in the past. I'm thinking Detroit, see if they want to move Ben Gordon or Charlie Villanueva's contracts. Speak to Lamar Odom (since he's from Queens, NY) see if he'd take the minimum to be our 6th man, etc.

KDTrey5
05-10-2012, 02:39 AM
I think that'd be amazing. I know he has a summer home in NYC and he enjoys hanging out here in the offseason; but there's only 2 ways he could come here: sign him for MLE, which means we'd lose Jeremy Lin OR maybe he takes the veterans minimum. I don't really see Nash taking the minimum, especially now that his boy D'Antoni is gone... But who knows, Steve is a winner and from hearing him in press conferences, quotes in the papers, he seems like the type of guy who would rather earn his title the hard way (on a team like NY for instance) than taking the easy way out and going to Miami.

It's just going to be tough for NY to improve though. They're capped out with most of their money invested into 3 players, the rest are all either on small deals or don't have much trade value.

I'm not sure abou the new CBA but since we really can't get under the cap or move any of our "big 3", I'd try to go after some forgotten players who we know have contributed in the past. I'm thinking Detroit, see if they want to move Ben Gordon or Charlie Villanueva's contracts. Speak to Lamar Odom (since he's from Queens, NY) see if he'd take the minimum to be our 6th man, etc.
true, but they gotta use their MLE to resign Lin?? i thought they were able to go over cap to resign.

Scoooter
05-10-2012, 02:40 AM
Lamar Odom? I could actually see that happening. James Dolan doesn't know much about basketball, but he runs a great circus.

NewYorkNoPicks
05-10-2012, 02:44 AM
true, but they gotta use their MLE to resign Lin?? i thought they were able to go over cap to resign.

Yeah theres the Gilbert Arenas Rule which says no team can bid more than i think either $5 million or the MLE on Jeremy Lin, so we can't be outbid for him unless it's by choice. Dolan will probably keep him at all costs though because it was such a marketing and merchandising boost for the team considering the high Asian population not only in NY but around the globe. If Lin plays well, it's not only good press for our team (which has been tough to come by in the past 10 years) but it's also extra money in our owners pocket.

So yeah we probably wont have the MLE to offer Nash :(

NewYorkNoPicks
05-10-2012, 02:45 AM
Lamar Odom? I could actually see that happening. James Dolan doesn't know much about basketball, but he runs a great circus.

I actually like Glen Grunwalds resume, especially him acquiring Vince Carter on draft day '98.

I trust his eye for talent, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him go after a guy like Odom.

You just have to hope Dolan lets him conduct business without interfering, unlike what he did with Donnie

Scoooter
05-10-2012, 02:46 AM
Odom's game doesn't worry me. He's extremely talented.

He may well be mentally broken though.

NewYorkNoPicks
05-10-2012, 02:48 AM
Odom's game doesn't worry me. He's extremely talented.

He may well be mentally broken though.

Yeah but for the minimum its definitely worth a risk. I mean we paid 1.5 million to the Bucks for the rights to Jerome friggin Jordan lmao. So that'd be nothing for Dolan if he had to release him...definitely worth the risk. Maybe he'd be rejuvenated being at home, surrounded by family.

rawimpact
05-10-2012, 02:52 AM
When a team loses, there is always a scapegoat... whether he is the true reason or not there is blame to go around, especially to amare.

KDTrey5
05-10-2012, 02:55 AM
Yeah theres the Gilbert Arenas Rule which says no team can bid more than i think either $5 million or the MLE on Jeremy Lin, so we can't be outbid for him unless it's by choice. Dolan will probably keep him at all costs though because it was such a marketing and merchandising boost for the team considering the high Asian population not only in NY but around the globe. If Lin plays well, it's not only good press for our team (which has been tough to come by in the past 10 years) but it's also extra money in our owners pocket.

So yeah we probably wont have the MLE to offer Nash :(
Never knew about the "Gilbert Arenas Rule", just looked it up and found this: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/exception_could_save_sensation_PboleHviSBbb5MAVA1W tjN

I guess this only applies to restricted free agents, so if someone was willing to overpay him it won't happen this off-season.

RazorBaLade
05-10-2012, 02:55 AM
he went 20 for 60 in the playoffs. no joke. own up to your scrubbiness

NewYorkNoPicks
05-10-2012, 03:01 AM
Never knew about the "Gilbert Arenas Rule", just looked it up and found this: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/exception_could_save_sensation_PboleHviSBbb5MAVA1W tjN

I guess this only applies to restricted free agents, so if someone was willing to overpay him it won't happen this off-season.

Yeahhh they put it into effect a while ago when the Warriors who drafted Arenas in the 2nd round found out the had a gem (I think he averaged 16ppg 5apg his 1st year) and Washington swooped in during free agency and offered him a monster deal...leaving the Warriors...screwed.

Rowe
05-10-2012, 03:19 AM

Because of those gifts Amare never really developed any TRUE basketball skills aside from the spot up mid range jumper which he really only perfected a year ago. His game was either get fed the ball on a pick & roll where his leaping ability and strength allowed him to finish over any big man, or face up one on one beating you with a first step and barelling down the lane for a dunk.

Agreed 100%.

The only way he'll be able to really contribute is he actually starts posting up on the low block and calling for the ball. For no reason should a dude like Amare who's about 250lbs and strong/athletic as hell should be spending his time always spotting up for jumpers. He needs to realize that when he faces up he's just not going to beat these younger players to the rim and without the freak athleticism he had he won't be able to dunk on them either.

Rowe
05-10-2012, 03:24 AM
I actually like Glen Grunwalds resume, especially him acquiring Vince Carter on draft day '98.

I trust his eye for talent, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him go after a guy like Odom.

You just have to hope Dolan lets him conduct business without interfering, unlike what he did with Donnie

I don't like the fact he under-valued T-Mac and ruined what could've been a dynasty in Toronto. His Free Agent signings also are beyond questionable.

Some of the moves we made this season obviously were to fit in D'Antoni's system but you can't tell me we couldn't have gotten better talent on our bench.

AKADS
05-10-2012, 03:33 AM

But your agent wants you to. Your advertiser might tell you, that you have to, you PR firm will make you. So if its not in your contract you cant your coach has no opinion that matters.

As long as you show up for practice and games on time, don't tweet while your on your coaches time, What can he do.

Also is tweeting that bad. Hell Rodman use to go Vegas on days off in the finals rather then stay in Salt Lake City. And yet they won 3 straight championships.

Rowe
05-10-2012, 03:46 AM

We've got no other contracts to make those trades work.

Because both Jeremy Lin & Landry Fields are "Restricted" Free Agents we can't use either in a Sign & Trade. I honestly don't want Landry Fields back if he gets overpaid at like $5 Million per year or more. Hopefully he doesn't have a great market and he comes back for the Qualifying Offer of $1 Million.

Its like we're basically going to have to try to sign guys to minimum contracts who get amnestied or bought out.

& Dallas is probably gonna trade Odom.

blablabla
05-10-2012, 05:25 AM
good
he svcks

NewYorkNoPicks
05-10-2012, 05:26 AM
I don't like the fact he under-valued T-Mac and ruined what could've been a dynasty in Toronto. His Free Agent signings also are beyond questionable.

Some of the moves we made this season obviously were to fit in D'Antoni's system but you can't tell me we couldn't have gotten better talent on our bench.

Yeah prime VC and TMac on the same team really couldve been the early 2000s version of the Heat today, wouldve been incredible.

I dont blame Glen for letting Mac go though, if i remember correctly the Magic were in serious pursuit of Tim Duncan that summer and when he resigned with SA they threw like $15 mill a season at Mac. Thats tough to swallow for a guy coming off a 15ppg season, especially considering it was a 6 year deal i believe. I also remember hearing Toronto ownership didnt want to dosh out that type of money.

But Glen did make some other really nice moves: drafted Chris Bosh, brought in Antonio Davis, Mike James (when he looked like a real nice up and coming pg), etc.

jbryan1984
05-10-2012, 06:24 AM
JR is a bonehead chucker but you guys loved it when you got him. How many "Knicks are contenders if we get JR" threads were there? He's a good scorer off the bench, not much more to see and I don't see why you would expect more.

Nash
05-10-2012, 06:47 AM
First of all, he should have just signed for a smaller team for a bigger contract when his value was higher. Was always saying that. Like Minnesota or something like that.

Second, I would have banned Twitter as well. Reading what trolls think about you could get to your head and you could end up wanting to shut them up instead of doing the right basketball play. I'm still surprised Lebron hasn't gone all mental and started chuck shots up in the crunch time to show his haters wrong. If it was me that would be all I would do.

The Ownage
05-10-2012, 06:51 AM
You need a coach that will put him in his place when he starts making boneheaded moves. Earlier on Smith was getting his shots but moved the ball well and recently just started ISO'ing fadeaway shot a LOT more than before. Coach needs to hold him responsible.

And I still hate him.

Derka
05-10-2012, 07:37 AM
Someone who does that Twitter shit, tell him to stay far the f*ck away from Boston unless its a pit stop in the visiting team's locker room.

Real Men Wear Green
05-10-2012, 08:01 AM
Allowing Smith to chuck bad shots while contributing nothing otherwise is the one area where Woodson has no rational excuse. He's not a known star and he only joined after what, the half-season mark? Fields is average at best but Smith was straight-up hurting NY.

NuggetsFan
05-10-2012, 08:46 AM
Someone who does that Twitter shit, tell him to stay far the f*ck away from Boston unless its a pit stop in the visiting team's locker room.

It'd actually be hilarious if mass amounts of fans from every team tweeted him to stay away from their teams :lol

Poor J.R

Kiddlovesnets
05-10-2012, 08:56 AM
The Clippers definitely could use him as starting SG.

bagelred
05-10-2012, 09:06 AM
The Woodson/JR Smith combination drove me crazy. He played him WAY too much. If Woodson goes, JR can stay. If JR stays, hopefully don't resign Woodson. Can't have both.

Real Men Wear Green
05-10-2012, 09:08 AM
The Clippers definitely could use him as starting SG.
No they don't. No reason to think he's better than Nick Young, who isn't even starting.

Sarcastic
05-10-2012, 09:21 AM
I seriously doubt his decision was ever going to come down to what some people say on Twitter.

It's A VC3!!!
05-10-2012, 09:45 AM
He didn't even want to accept the deal going to NY. It wans't enough money, but he felt that since he was coming from China, he wanted a quick deal and New York seemed appealing at the time. He definitely had a sub-par season with the Knicks but at 26 years old, he is still an explosive player who a lot of teams will be interested to sign him. Personally his worth has dipped a bit, but I see him getting a four year 16 million contract from another team.

Blue&Orange
05-10-2012, 10:09 AM
This is a no discussion because there was no way he was going to use his player option, and Knicks can't keep him.

I won't miss him, he shot 29% for the all series, and he shot a lot. If we take in consideration the amount of shots taken, i seriously can't remember a worst player wearing the Knicks jersey.

Good riddance.

All Net
05-10-2012, 10:52 AM
What deal did he sign?

Sarcastic
05-10-2012, 11:11 AM
What deal did he sign?

2 years, with second year as a player option; $2.5 million per year. Most people expected him to opt out no matter what the Twitter world had to say about it.

The only reason that he would consider staying is that the Knicks can get early Bird rights to him if he stays one more year, and offer him a decent long term deal after next year.

wang4three
05-10-2012, 11:15 AM

If I were a player or agent, I'd hire some marketing/pr intern to handle all social media outlets. Having a lesser educated, very emotional player tweet himself is just dumb. You can tell some of the better represented players in the league are not handling their own social media accounts.

Droid101
05-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Famous people (well, anyone really) on twitter are stupid.

niko
05-10-2012, 11:18 AM
He didn't even want to accept the deal going to NY. It wans't enough money, but he felt that since he was coming from China, he wanted a quick deal and New York seemed appealing at the time. He definitely had a sub-par season with the Knicks but at 26 years old, he is still an explosive player who a lot of teams will be interested to sign him. Personally his worth has dipped a bit, but I see him getting a four year 16 million contract from another team.
i hope it's from the Nets. :lol I wish him on you.

Seriously i like JR, repped him many times on this board. But he is immature as **** and doesn't seem like he sees any reason or need to change. Twitter is full of assholes, this is the first time he got bad tweets? That's the reason you are leaving? Not the fact we can't pay you? Really?

He played hard and i thank him for his time here, but he thinks he's a much more complete player than he is, and the things he needs to fix, he apparently is never going to.

niko
05-10-2012, 11:21 AM
It'd actually be hilarious if mass amounts of fans from every team tweeted him to stay away from their teams :lol

Poor J.R
He actually asked what teams he should come to and i tweeted him and he said THAT SOUNDS GOOD ILL CONSIDER IT or something like that.

:lol I'm the reason he came to the knicks maybe....:lol

PP34Deuce
05-10-2012, 11:27 AM
He was ice cold shooting, but people forget defensively he was there, he made a lot of hockey type assists. JR has matured a lil bit more and it showed.

He can still get a 6-7 mill a year contract this summer, so smart decision to opt out.. Any team with Melo as your franchise player needs more of an Arran Afalo type SG or Ray Allen.

Put JR Smith on a team with disciplined coach, team who lacks ISO player. He would be good.

Teanett
05-10-2012, 11:53 AM
he's a disgrace for the knicks #8 jersey which was worn by my favourite player before. fukk off, dumbass!

Teanett
05-10-2012, 11:55 AM
He was ice cold shooting, but people forget defensively he was there, he made a lot of hockey type assists. JR has matured a lil bit more and it showed.

which series did you watch?
blown rotations, stupid foul after stupid foul.
did you see lebron blow by him and dunk it?
jr smith was worse than amare.

Rekindled
05-10-2012, 12:22 PM
the woodson's love affair with Jr is driving me nuts, good riddance, hope bof of them gone

JMT
05-10-2012, 12:38 PM

I have no idea what people see in Smith, and couldn't figure out why anybody was excited to add him to their team.

Yeah, he's athletic and will occassionally deliver a spectacular play. On a given night he can even string a few of them together. But his first instinct is always to chuck, and a year in China doing so 30 x a game did nothing to diminish that.

Defense? He makes glaring mistakes, time and time again. He'll get some steals; he is an athlete. But people are way too anxious to equate activity with accomplishment.

Tmuston Beltics
05-10-2012, 12:51 PM
I wonder how many times he has been regretting his decision of joining to ny instead of LA.. "dam I should have joined #clippers"?

It's A VC3!!!
05-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Portland is rebuilding and I can see them taking on JR Smith. He fits in with their plan of obtaining young, electifying players who can play the game of basketball. I think JR Smits lackluster performance has to do with playing in a scrub Chinese league. Playing in China didn't do anything positive for him except give him a hefty paycheck. With a potential two top 10 picks, the Trailblazers are geared to have a very young and explosive team. I feel that JR can fit well into that future plan considering he is only 26 years old.

Sarcastic
05-10-2012, 01:15 PM
I wonder how many times he has been regretting his decision of joining to ny instead of LA.. "dam I should have joined #clippers"?

I doubt he regrets it at all. The Clippers couldn't pay him the same money he got from NY.

Teanett
05-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Portland is rebuilding and I can see them taking on JR Smith. He fits in with their plan of obtaining young, electifying players who can play the game of basketball. I think JR Smits lackluster performance has to do with playing in a scrub Chinese league. Playing in China didn't do anything positive for him except give him a hefty paycheck. With a potential two top 10 picks, the Trailblazers are geared to have a very young and explosive team. I feel that JR can fit well into that future plan considering he is only 26 years old.

jailblazers 2.0!!!

Haymaker
05-10-2012, 01:50 PM
He could be of help in Brooklyn.

Haymaker
05-10-2012, 01:52 PM
BTW Clippers have N. Young, why they need JR?

Draz
05-10-2012, 01:56 PM
Good ridding. Good player bad play making and shot selection. Not being used properly in ny.

DStebb716
05-10-2012, 02:50 PM

Really? Really? Shut the **** up. MJ is a cocky asshole who would've been all up in twitter being an asshole to random people.

LA_Showtime
05-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Kid has talent, just has to find the right situation. He'd be a stud in OKC or San Antonio. Needs players and coaches alike to keep him accountable.

Draz
05-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Woodson just tries to blow him off, spoon feeding him a player like that needs to be thought a lesson and make use of his skills. Ny will torture him with feedback and neglect.

Rowe
05-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Really? Really? Shut the **** up. MJ is a cocky asshole who would've been all up in twitter being an asshole to random people.
Not a chance.

Michael wouldn't even operate his own Twitter account for fear of damaging his namebrand. You think he's going to be an asshole on Twitter when he's the same guy who said "Republicans buy shoes too" when they asked him for some sort of political stance? Doubt that.

Rowe
05-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Kid has talent, just has to find the right situation. He'd be a stud in OKC or San Antonio. Needs players and coaches alike to keep him accountable.
Well OKC already has Harden who's essentially JR Smith with a brain.

I still believe that JR Smith would be a good fit on the Chicago Bulls as a 6th Man, espescially with the fact that Richard Hamilton is a washed-up shell of himself at this point.

But I hope he stays in New York.

Listen, all the guy needs is to get a definitive role and to work on being far more of a "spot shooter". Woodson didn't have much of an offensive system so he let JR do whatever he wanted and he went Iso and took terrible shots. He shot 39% from 3 when he was spotting up for 3's which is better than anyone in our backcourt shot from 3. If he can do this far more next season without all of the iso fadeaway jumpshots, he would be our starting SG.

JMT
05-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Not a chance.

Michael wouldn't even operate his own Twitter account for fear of damaging his namebrand. You think he's going to be an asshole on Twitter when he's the same guy who said "Republicans buy shoes too" when they asked him for some sort of political stance? Doubt that.

This.

Pro sports in this country have never seen a guy as image conscious as Jordan. No way he'd set himself up for a potential misstep on something as irrelevant as Twitter.

Lebron23
05-10-2012, 07:03 PM

Jordan is a fake role model. He will never tarnish his image on twitter. The guy made a lot of money in his "Michael Jordan good guy persona."

Lebron23
05-10-2012, 07:05 PM

I love that dunk.

Real Men Wear Green
05-10-2012, 07:06 PM
This.

Pro sports in this country have never seen a guy as image conscious as Jordan. No way he'd set himself up for a potential misstep on something as irrelevant as Twitter.
Depends on his age. If he was 18-28? He'd be on it like every other young celebrity. They all do it so I doubt he's different.

niko
05-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Woodson just tries to blow him off, spoon feeding him a player like that needs to be thought a lesson and make use of his skills. Ny will torture him with feedback and neglect.
THat's 100% the opposite of every report on how Woodson treats him.

Euroleague
05-10-2012, 07:16 PM
He's obviously retarded. Really talented, but also retarded.

Rowe
05-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Depends on his age. If he was 18-28? He'd be on it like every other young celebrity. They all do it so I doubt he's different.

Jordan is a different type of guy. He didn't publicly go with many of the trends even when he was 18-28 so it wouldn't be any different with Twitter.

I mean look howa guy like Kobe today doesn't have a Twitter.

A guy like Tiger Woods wouldn't have a Twitter right now if it wasn't for his scandal which forced him to have to be social with his "fans" to rebuild his image.

Real Men Wear Green
05-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Jordan is a different type of guy. He didn't publicly go with many of the trends even when he was 18-28 so it wouldn't be any different with Twitter.

I mean look howa guy like Kobe today doesn't have a Twitter.

A guy like Tiger Woods wouldn't have a Twitter right now if it wasn't for his scandal which forced him to have to be social with his "fans" to rebuild his image.
Woods and Bryant are 30-somethings. A lot of guys in that age range (myself included) view twitter as a bad idea. But younger guys (and girls) almost universally embrace it.