Jotaro Durant
05-11-2012, 10:50 PM
rubio

TeamLAC
05-11-2012, 10:50 PM
rubio

stallionaire
05-11-2012, 10:51 PM
As a huge huge huge Rubio stan, it has to be LeBron.

Rubio adds too much flash (which he's learning to use sparingly) which ends up in turnovers a lot of times.

His IQ is great though, no question. Amazing court vision.

But LeBron James is LeBron James. Dude can assist like no one other and he has little chance of turnover compared to Rubio.

Rubio is a rookie afterall.

stallionaire
05-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Anybody who says Rubio has not watched a Timberwolves game.

BallsOut
05-11-2012, 10:56 PM
:biggums: Rubio, and it's not even close.

Cangri
05-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Anybody who says Rubio has not watched a Timberwolves game.
They watch only highlights.

IGOTGAME
05-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Rubio.

28renyoy
05-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Joke thread, Rubio. LeBron isn't even that great of a passer. For his position he's probably the best, but not even top 20 in the league.

He just has the ability to see the entire court due to his size.

CelticBaller
05-11-2012, 11:00 PM
As a huge huge huge Rubio stan, but a bigger LeBron stan.

Rubio adds too much flash (which he's learning to use sparingly) which ends up in turnovers a lot of times.

His IQ is great though, no question. Amazing court vision.

But LeBron James is LeBron James. Dude can assist like no one other and he has little chance of turnover compared to Rubio.

Rubio is a rookie afterall.
fixed

BallsOut
05-11-2012, 11:02 PM
fixed

:oldlol: stallionaire lebron stan posing as rubio fan getting exposed in this thread.

pauk
05-11-2012, 11:06 PM
First of all, i just want to say that there is a difference between court vision / passing ability and assists.... you CANT measure passing ability based on simply assist averages alone..... passing ability is something you have to see for yourself with your own eyes..... how accurate the passer is, how good he can thread the needle (passes that fly an inch by defenders noses, ears, noses, hands, legs or even between the legs), how good he can do cross court passes, behind the back, lobs, long quarterback passes, no look passes, eyes behind his back passes and simply how good he can see the floor, for example seeing a play happen before it happens and throwing a pass ahead surprising even your own teammate he got the ball...

Leading the league in Assists is more of a result by simply being a 24-7 pass-first starting PG that dominates the ball and plays alot of minutes (and those assists go even larger up for him if he is in a up tempo run-n-gun offense and/or great scorers/shooters around him)...

Passing Ability & Assist average is like comparing Scoring Arsenal to Score Average..... understand? You cant always say the guy who averages the most Points has the best scoring arsenal....

With that being said i think the guys who possess the best court vision & passing ability in the NBA are:

1. Steve Nash
2. Lebron James
3. Jason Kidd / Ricky Rubio
4. Chris Paul / Rajon Rondo
5. Deron Williams

Nash, Lebron, Rubio and Kidd i think show the biggest passing arsenal and biggest court vision.... they throw flashy ridicilous lazer beam passes from any angle and situation....

Chris Paul, Rondo, Deron are great to, but they are more fundamental passers...

stallionaire
05-11-2012, 11:09 PM
:oldlol: stallionaire lebron stan posing as rubio fan getting exposed in this thread.

No dude. I just don't blindly hate LeBron.

He is a better passer right now.

But give Rubio a few years and he will have LBJ beat.

TonyD
First of all, i just want to say that there is a difference between court vision / passing ability and assists.... you CANT measure passing ability based on simply assist averages alone..... passing ability is something you have to see for yourself with your own eyes..... how accurate the passer is, how good he can thread the needle (passes that fly an inch by defenders noses, ears, noses, hands, legs or even between the legs), how good he can do cross court passes, behind the back, lobs, long quarterback passes, no look passes, eyes behind his back passes and simply how good he can see the floor, for example seeing a play happen before it happens and throwing a pass ahead surprising even your own teammate he got the ball...

Leading the league in Assists is more of a result by simply being a 24-7 pass-first starting PG that dominates the ball and plays alot of minutes (and those assists go even larger up for him if he is in a up tempo run-n-gun offense and/or great scorers/shooters around him)...

Passing Ability & Assist average is like comparing Scoring Arsenal to Score Average..... understand? You cant always say the guy who averages the most Points has the best scoring arsenal....

With that being said i think the guys who possess the best court vision & passing ability in the NBA are:

1. Steve Nash
2. Lebron James
5. Deron Williams

Nash, Lebron, Rubio and Kidd i think show the biggest passing arsenal and biggest court vision.... they throw flashy ridicilous lazer beam passes from any angle and situation....

Straight comedy

28renyoy
Pauk is such an idiot.

LeBron is a good passer because of his size. Just like Durant being a great shooter because of his size. He is literally open on every shot he takes because he towers over the people defending him.

In comparison with other guards, his shooting ability isn't even top 25

stallionaire
05-11-2012, 11:10 PM
I'm literally the only guy on the forum who has sat through 50+ Timberwolves games this year. I know it. Look back at who made all those game threads.

Ricky Rubio is not a better passer than LeBron yet. Believe me. I am even wearing my black Rubio J right now :oldlol:

pauk
05-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Straight comedy

Care to elaborate?

pauk
05-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Pauk is such an idiot.

LeBron is a good passer because of his size. Just like Durant being a great shooter because of his size. He is literally open on every shot he takes because he towers over the people defending him.

In comparison with other guards, his shooting ability isn't even top 25

Lebron is a good passer because of his size? Haha... what!?

stallionaire
05-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Since Rubio went down there's a lot of mythology floating around about his skill.

It's all inflated by the fact that the Wolves record completely tanked without him.

Ask yourself: Would LBJ average more assists if he was put at the 1? Of course he would. Look at how many he averages not running the floor.

Rubio has issues with turnovers and shooting right now.

Those turnovers can directly be related to how he chooses to pass the ball in many situations.

I'm literally the only guy on this forum who is a total Timberwolves fanboy who can set yall straight.

Don't overrate my boy, you'll only heckle him harder when he doesn't meet your crazy expectations.

28renyoy
05-11-2012, 11:12 PM
Lebron is a good passer because of his size? Haha... what!?

If LeBron were 6 feet tall, he probably wouldn't be in the league.

LeBron is a good passer because he can see over the defense, due to his size. His passing ability is nowhere near Paul's, Nash's, or Kidd's.

If he was the passer they were, he would literally average 15 assists per game due to his ball dominance.

stallionaire
05-11-2012, 11:13 PM
this thread is the reason why ISH is a garbage forum full of dudes who don't spend time watching games.

No one here except the Minnesota fans knows anything about Ricky Rubio. It's hilarious.

IGOTGAME
05-11-2012, 11:14 PM
I'm literally the only guy on the forum who has sat through 50+ Timberwolves games this year. I know it. Look back at who made all those game threads.

Ricky Rubio is not a better passer than LeBron yet. Believe me. I am even wearing my black Rubio J right now :oldlol:

pretty sure I watched 90% of the T-Wolves games while Ricky was playing.

pauk
05-11-2012, 11:15 PM
These two possess the best court vision / passing ability in the NBA:

Steve Nash,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHPQyWSQtFA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mws5xhK8Lg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DiRwymhUEQ

Lebron James,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooEELfpn2C8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx5lTh3oWLQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52oy9_G83rY

watch, enjoy and compare these passing highlights to anybody else in the NBA

BallsOut

1. Steve Nash
2. Lebron James
5. Deron Williams

:oldlol: at this joke. Lebron is the biggest ball dominator in this league and he's top 5 in the league in minutes per game. At least be factual when you make your arguments.

stallionaire
pretty sure I watched 90% of the T-Wolves games while Ricky was playing.

Then you need to spend time watching LBJ pass the rock.
LeBron James, right now, is a better passer than Rubio.

I'm the guy who defends Rubio the most on the forum, but not within this topic. It's borderline blasphemy.

Rubio isn't there yet. He will be though.

stallionaire
05-11-2012, 11:16 PM
I'm glad I set you non-Timberwolves homers straight. :oldlol:

I appreciate the praise for Rubio yall have though.

itsGameTime
05-11-2012, 11:18 PM
As a huge huge Lebron fan, it has to be Rubio. Dude gets limited minutes but his passing has been nothing short of spectacular/prime jason kidd-esque.

pauk
05-11-2012, 11:24 PM
:oldlol: at this joke. Lebron is the biggest ball dominator in this league and he's top 5 in the league in minutes per game. At least be factual when you make your arguments.

Nope... Kobe is by far the biggest ball dominator in the league: http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/usg_pct_top_10.html

Lebron certainly dominates the ball aswell, but its mostly for scoring purposes.... but he is not a Point-Guard is he and certainly not a pass-first Point-Guard that runs around and passes the ball all the time... and even passes up often his own open layup if a teammate is around... like Rajon Rondo?

for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4fuSieh2ro <---- thats your assist leader this season

My point is that assists is not ALL PASSING ABILITY.....

28renyoy
05-11-2012, 11:27 PM
Nope... Kobe is by far the biggest ball dominator in the league: http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/usg_pct_top_10.html

Lebron certainly dominates the ball aswell, but its most for scoring purposes.... but he is not a Point-Guard is he and certainly not a pass-first Point-Guard that runs around and passes the ball all the time... and even passes up often his own open layup if a teammate is around... like Rajon Rondo?

for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4fuSieh2ro <---- thats your assist leader this season

My point is that assists is not ALL PASSING ABILITY.....

You imbecile, USG% only accounts for possessions used shooting/turning the ball over. It has NOTHING to do with how long you hold the ball.

LeBron aka mr. dribble for 20 seconds, penetrate, and pass out to a 3 point shooter hoping to get an assist.

And just LMAO @ Pauk thinking LeBron is a better passer than Rondo

stallionaire
05-11-2012, 11:30 PM
What makes LeBron a better passer is his physical skill set. Defenders expect him to shoot which works to his advantage.

Rubio is much weaker, a bit slower, and he absolutely cowers at the sight of big defenders when attempting to do anything in the paint.

Anyone who says Rubio has not watched a single Timberwolves game this year. Only highlights.

pauk
05-11-2012, 11:37 PM
You imbecile, USG% only accounts for possessions used shooting/turning the ball over. It has NOTHING to do with how long you hold the ball.

LeBron aka mr. dribble for 20 seconds, penetrate, and pass out to a 3 point shooter hoping to get an assist.

And just LMAO @ Pauk thinking LeBron is a better passer than Rondo

Prove it to me... give me a video... a highlight... anything... just like i have given to you upstairs....

I have been watching Rondo since his rookie season... he is a great passer, but his court vision / passing ability is not better than Nash or Lebron...... he is a much better assist man than Lebron tho, very fundamental..... he certainly loves to pass the ball like a hot potato any time.... like i showed you in that video, he even passes up his own entirely open layups/dunks.....

Meanwhile... Lebron can average up to 9 APG with 30 PPG..... Thats hellova lot of offensive possessions wasted on scoring... when he could have passed instead... and he still got 9 assists.... Imagine if Lebron was as passive as Rondo????

Speaking of assists......... take a look at this, here is Lebrons passing ability put to test when starting Point-Guard for the Cavaliers 13 games in a row when Mo Williams was injured:

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc500/pauk666/Untitled-2-2.png

That is... ~30 ppg, ~8 rpg and ~12 apg..... and still, imagine if he didnt care so much about scoring?

I think Nash & Lebron possess the best court vision and PASSING ARSENAL in the NBA.... i have shown you very nicely why i think so... you dont agree with me? I dont care, we then agree to disagree...

stallionaire
05-11-2012, 11:39 PM
When Mo Williams broke his finger, LeBron looked like one of the most amazing pointguard I've ever seen.

He is an absolute magician with the ball.

The fact that people on this board are comparing him to a rookie just means they are LBJ haters.

I'm an LBJ fan in the sense that he blows my mind with how he plays. I will always be loyal to the Wolves.

pauk
05-11-2012, 11:44 PM
...and oh, here is another example showing that you cant measure passing ability on assists ONLY....

Larry Bird & Pete Maravich................. they are one of the 10 greatest passers in NBA history, in my list Larry Bird is one of the 5 greatest passers ever.... he didnt average a huge amount of assists.... but his court vision / passing ability was better than most... in the 80s many said (even players, coaches) and even Magic Johnson himself said that Larry Bird might be the best passer in the NBA at that time....

Pete Maravich? For gods sake... any pass you saw from Magic or today Nash was invented by this man... and he didnt average that many assists... he could have if he wanted to, his superb scoring ability held him back to do that....

Court Vision/Passing Ability is something you have to see on Television or live in person.... its not something you can see on the statsheet....

itsGameTime
05-12-2012, 12:33 AM
...and oh, here is another example showing that you cant measure passing ability on assists ONLY....

Larry Bird & Pete Maravich................. they are one of the 10 greatest passers in NBA history, in my list Larry Bird is one of the 5 greatest passers ever.... he didnt average a huge amount of assists.... but his court vision / passing ability was better than most... in the 80s many said (even players, coaches) and even Magic Johnson himself said that Larry Bird might be the best passer in the NBA at that time....

Pete Maravich? For gods sake... any pass you saw from Magic or today Nash was invented by this man... and he didnt average that many assists... he could have if he wanted to, his superb scoring ability held him back to do that....

Court Vision/Passing Ability is something you have to see on Television or live in person.... its not something you can see on the statsheet....

Please just stop..Comparing Larry Bird to Lebron James :facepalm

Mr. Incredible
05-12-2012, 01:02 AM
LeBron..Day & Night

Mr. Incredible
05-12-2012, 01:04 AM
:applause:
Prove it to me... give me a video... a highlight... anything... just like i have given to you upstairs....

I have been watching Rondo since his rookie season... he is a great passer, but his court vision / passing ability is not better than Nash or Lebron...... he is a much better assist man than Lebron tho, very fundamental..... he certainly loves to pass the ball like a hot potato any time.... like i showed you in that video, he even passes up his own entirely open layups/dunks.....

Meanwhile... Lebron can average up to 9 APG with 30 PPG..... Thats hellova lot of offensive possessions wasted on scoring... when he could have passed instead... and he still got 9 assists.... Imagine if Lebron was as passive as Rondo????

Speaking of assists......... take a look at this, here is Lebrons passing ability put to test when starting Point-Guard for the Cavaliers 13 games in a row when Mo Williams was injured:

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc500/pauk666/Untitled-2-2.png

That is... ~30 ppg, ~8 rpg and ~12 apg..... and still, imagine if he didnt care so much about scoring?

I think Nash & Lebron possess the best court vision and PASSING ARSENAL in the NBA.... i have shown you very nicely why i think so... you dont agree with me? I dont care, we then agree to disagree...:applause: Once LeBron wins his ring this year, no one will say a damn thing. Haters, carry on now. :hammerhead:

RaininTwos
05-12-2012, 03:48 AM
As much as people recognize Lebron as a great passer, I still say he's extremely underrated in that department.

One thing I say he possess that no one else does is the zip that he puts on the ball..Dude be slinging that bitch(with a flick of the wrist), and on point.
People really do underrate his passing ability. Dude is elite and can put some HEAT on his passes.

chazzy
05-12-2012, 03:53 AM
I'm gonna go with Rubio just to make pauk a little more upset

Sakkreth
05-12-2012, 04:03 AM
LeBron, but Rubio has potential to become the best passer in the NBA.

SunsCaptain
05-12-2012, 04:04 AM
Grrr u know im late to reply in this thread...DAMN YOU RUBIO!

Rubio you are the man....You were supposed to make the playoffs.

Well next year you will and you will have a more mature team as well....

T-wolves 13'

Qwertyazerty
05-12-2012, 04:06 AM
What makes LeBron a better passer is his physical skill set. Defenders expect him to shoot which works to his advantage.

That's a weak argument in Lebron's favor. The fact that defenders focus on your passing because you're lacking shooting skills (Rubio's case) can result in more TO and less assists, but that doesn't make your passing skills become worse. Lebron is great at 1vs2 and he gets double teamed very often which means very often he has a team mate completely open. So Lebron complements very well his already great passing skills by having a very good offensive game. It's harder to defend his passing as you have to focus in other aspect of his offense. Meanwhile defenders mainly focus on Rubio's passing and he still excels at it. Top 6 in APG as a rookie and you've seen how many open shots the kinds of Tolliver, Ellignton, Webster... have missed this season.

The fact is more APG and less TOPG go to Rubio this season.

B-Easy8
05-12-2012, 04:26 AM
There both excellent passers but I think Rubio has a slight edge.

I watched most of the Wolves games this season and his court vision is incredible. LeBron draws the whole defence every time he gets the ball so he has more oppurtunities to make passes to open players. Everyone knows that Rubio wants to pass instead of score yet he still finds a way to set up his teammate's.

LEFT4DEAD
05-12-2012, 04:35 AM
Lebron good passer just because of his size??? Really??? Has ISH came to this??? Name me other 6'8"+ players with 7 assists through their career. Im sure there are a lot because they have size. :roll: :roll: Some posters are just too dumb.

AussieG
05-12-2012, 09:39 AM
Joke thread, Rubio. LeBron isn't even that great of a passer. For his position he's probably the best, but not even top 20 in the league.

If that's true then why isn't Hasheem Thabeet dominating the league and the leader in assists?

swi7ch
05-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Rubio

alenleomessi
05-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Im a big Lebron and Rubio fan and watched all of their games and its definitely Rubio. He is top 3 in the league. Right there with Paul and Nash.

PTB Fan
05-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Slightly at this point James, but Rubio surpasses him pretty soon.

Coffee Black
05-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Rubio. With a big reason being his creativity passing the ball and playmaking.

itsGameTime
05-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Im a big Lebron and Rubio fan and watched all of their games and its definitely Rubio. He is top 3 in the league. Right there with Paul and Nash.

:cheers:

Euroleague
05-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Is this a joke?

arifgokcen
05-12-2012, 03:38 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Name me ten other pg who can pass the rock better than lebron

arifgokcen
05-12-2012, 03:45 PM
What many forget is that lebron is also leading scorer for heat and he has wade.So he has to share the ball.He can easily average +11apg if he played full time pg instead every position on the floor.I remember an article except his rookie year,he averaged more than 10apg for the games he started at pg and when mo went down he averaged like +11apg.He is right now top 4.Probably following nash/paul/rondo.However i think he could lead the league in assists if he started at pg as we have seen before.We would probably be calling him the best passer.

pauk
05-12-2012, 04:19 PM
28renyoy with the MVP whining threads and the discrediting of every facit of Lebrons game in other threads and this thread makes me believe he might be somewhat butthurt.....

Look man, i love Durant aswell... there is no need to bash another player just because you are a fan of another player, thats straight up childish... do you know that Durant & Lebron are great friends? Do you know that Durant & Lebron worked out together alot? Do you know that even Durant said that Lebron should win the MVP this season?

Come on man...

pauk
05-23-2012, 04:44 AM
Many crazy people here, Lebron possess one of the best passing abilities & court visions in NBA history.... im very thoroughly not trying to be a "homer" here...

The way he sees the floor, he sees plays happen even before they happen, the way he threads the needle, make lazer beam bullet speed & accuracy passes, to make quarterback passes, crosscourt passes, to create such crazy angles, the degree of difficulty, of balance, out of bounds, thru peoples legs, in trafic with the dribble, bounce passes, lobs, no look, behind the back, touch passes, you name it, everything with left or right hand... and he launches those passes like out from a damn cannon, he puts it right into a players hands... everything is always on the money...

Ask yourself this:

"When have i ever seen a guy be able to do that at that SIZE"

This might help you:

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2006/07/25/johnson-james.jpg

Jyap9675
05-23-2012, 04:58 AM
Lebron is a modern day magic johnson. But watching Rubio's accurate passes are so entertaining.

PickernRoller
05-23-2012, 05:07 AM
Lol at this thread :facepalm . Rubio....

So Lebron huh...:lol :lol :lol :facepalm

Floppy
05-23-2012, 07:53 AM
Retard thread of the month?

gabeh1018
05-23-2012, 09:41 AM
the poster who said that lebron is a good passer because he is tall is quite ignorant of the game. With that type of of thinking we could then say NBA players are good because they are taller than everyone else

sbw19
05-23-2012, 09:54 AM
the poster who said that lebron is a good passer because he is tall is quite ignorant of the game. With that type of of thinking we could then say NBA players are good because they are taller than everyone else

It helps with court vision but not passing skills, and I'd say both have excellent awareness of where team mates are, probably on the same level in that regard.

But Rubio is a better passer, and his play-making is certainly flashier and more entertaining to watch, though Bron is no slouch in that department.

NumberSix
05-23-2012, 11:27 AM
King

RaininTwos
05-23-2012, 11:35 AM
It helps with court vision but not passing skills, and I'd say both have excellent awareness of where team mates are, probably on the same level in that regard.

But Rubio is a better passer, and his play-making is certainly flashier and more entertaining to watch, though Bron is no slouch in that department.

IF the person that is guarding you is around the same size as you are, how does being tall help with court vision?

Hittin_Shots
05-23-2012, 11:39 AM
IF the person that is guarding you is around the same size as you are, how does being tall help with court vision?

Only read your post but I think a logical response would be that it would give you better sight over the other defenders not just your own. Your defender is not the only one blocking passes.

Like when I'm in an all Asian club with a couple friends. We can see eachother all around the room.

04mzwach
05-23-2012, 11:51 AM

1. Steve Nash
2. Lebron James
5. Deron Williams

Watch Rubio play sometime. You describe how great he is, but fail to put him even your top 5.

Kblaze8855
05-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Rubio is a better passer than Lebron. Lebron is a better passer for his size...but size is irrelevant when the issue is who is best period. Yao was a better passer for his size(top 3-4 all time for guys 7'2'' and up) than Andre Miller is for his size. Doesnt make Yao a better passer.

RRR3
05-23-2012, 12:01 PM
I'm not sure. But yesterday LeBron did this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4_2gLgzTT4
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

ronniec
05-23-2012, 12:04 PM

1. Steve Nash
2. Lebron James
5. Deron Williams

How's Lebron's d1ck taste like today?
Your gawd's passing is better than Kidd, Deron, CP3 and Rondo?
Good job Pauk, good job :biggums: