PDA

View Full Version : Apparently 7-16, good D, dagger and 8 assists

RazorBaLade
05-13-2012, 01:48 AM
Isn't a good game.

go to bed pauk

Mr. Jabbar
05-13-2012, 01:49 AM
you forgot to add: while double teamed 100% of the time.

Eric Cartman
05-13-2012, 01:51 AM
Funny thing about it is that most of the 3's hit by Blake/MWP came on assist from Kobe. So Kobe's impact in the game was huge considering the insane amount of double teams thrown his way.

ProfessorMurder
Took one shot in the whole fourth, and made it when LA was already up 4 at the end of the game.

Shot 44% in the series.

Wow, I'm so impressed.

DMAVS41
Isn't a good game.

go to bed pauk

Oh my god. You trashed Dirk for going 8-18 for 25 points and scoring 11 of the last 13 and the two go ahead points with 9 seconds left.

You said Dirk was average when he went for 35/5/4 in the deciding game of the series.

Why are your standards so low for Kobe compared to Dirk?

Zedja
05-13-2012, 01:52 AM
God people just give the man some credit. Fkin morons.

NuggetsFan
I think the trolls are out because he was arguably not even the 3rd most important player on the team tonight. Gasol\Blake were bigger IMO. Bynum killed Denver on the glass. Artest shutdown Gallo\Miller tonight.

That's not even a bad thing, don't know why L.A fans would even care. L.A as a team stepped it the f*ck up and got the win.

bwink23
Took one shot in the whole fourth, and made it when LA was already up 4 at the end of the game.

Shot 44% in the series.

Wow, I'm so impressed.

44% is a standard Kobe dick lickers have raised to epic levels, simply cuz that's his standard.

Batz
05-13-2012, 01:53 AM
Don't forget all the defensive attention he was getting, and made the right plays out of them. And handled Ty Lawson when it mattered most.

Or just continue the stupidity. Always a good laugh.

Rysio
7-16 is an inefficient game. if he would've went 8-16 you would have a point

Kiddlovesnets
Kobe is washed up anyway, Lakers going no further than WCF with him being your first option.

RazorBaLade
Oh my god. You trashed Dirk for going 8-18 for 25 points and scoring 11 of the last 13 and the two go ahead points with 9 seconds left.

You said Dirk was average when he went for 35/5/4 in the deciding game of the series.

No I didn't, I said he had a worse game than Terry who was 8-10 for 20 pts.

I didn't trash him, but I said the game was "ok" and not "good" because it was

8-18, 6 to's, 1 ast compared to Kobe's 7-16 8 ast. I think thats a fair difference to go from "ok" to "good". Again tho, that convo was that terry outplayed dirk, not that dirk was awful.

Doctor Rivers
Would you say the same thing if it was lebron's stat line?

Batz
05-13-2012, 01:54 AM
I think the trolls are out because he was arguably not even the 3rd most important player on the team tonight. Gasol\Blake were bigger IMO. Bynum killed Denver on the glass. Artest shutdown Gallo\Miller tonight.

That's not even a bad thing, don't know why L.A fans would even care. L.A as a team stepped it the f*ck up and got the win.
Honestly. This was an amazing showcase of teamwork tonight. Glad Kobe ignored his bad habits and played the way he did tonight. Crucial for the win.

bwink23

They care cuz since Kobe only scored 17, people will think he was bad...He wasn't bad, he actually looked like a TEAM player. He got doubled and passed, the rest of the Lakers stepped up, hit shots, played hard and made good plays...that's what you're supposed to do.

RazorBaLade

Would it be coming in a win?

Doctor Rivers
05-13-2012, 01:55 AM

:confusedshrug:

DMAVS41
No I didn't, I said he had a worse game than Terry who was 8-10 for 20 pts.

I didn't trash him, but I said the game was "ok" and not "good" because it was

8-18, 6 to's, 1 ast compared to Kobe's 7-16 8 ast. I think thats a fair difference to go from "ok" to "good". Again tho, that convo was that terry outplayed dirk, not that dirk was awful.

Nah. In the moment you trashed him. Kobe also had 3 turnovers tonight. And was far less clutch than Dirk.

This is my exact point with you. You simply aren't remotely consistent with how you analyze players.

Sorry. You really need to stop contradicting yourself so much.

Zedja
They care cuz since Kobe only scored 17, people will think he was bad...He wasn't bad, he actually looked like a TEAM player. He got doubled and passed, the rest of the Lakers stepped up, hit shots, played hard and made good plays...that's what you're supposed to do.
:cheers: there we go

RazorBaLade
05-13-2012, 01:56 AM
Nah. In the moment you trashed him. Kobe also had 3 turnovers tonight. And was far less clutch than Dirk.

This is my exact point with you. You simply aren't remotely consistent with how you analyze players.

Sorry. You really need to stop contradicting yourself so much.

I didn't trash him. In your post you said I called him average, so did I call him average or did I trash him?

7-16 8 ast 3 to > 8-18 1 ast 6 TO. my point stands., Kobe good game, dirk average/ok game but worse than terrys.

Nevaeh
05-13-2012, 01:56 AM
Enjoy your night RazorBalade. We'll all be here when the knockout happens......

Your defense of Kobe this season has been Legendary, but all good things must come to an end.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/pimp.gif

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/cheers.gif

RazorBaLade
05-13-2012, 01:57 AM
Enjoy your night RazorBalade. We'll all be here when the knockout happens......

Your defense of Kobe this season has been Legendary, but all good things must come to an end.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/pimp.gif

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/cheers.gif

If we beat okc, believe me, you ain't seen nothing yet.

qrich
05-13-2012, 01:58 AM
It might not be bad, but it is far from great. I'd say its a decent stat line, also gotta include the 3 turnovers, 1 rebound and 1-4 from the line.

imdaman99
05-13-2012, 01:59 AM
apparently pauk is a fcuking idiot. the end.

The Iron Fist

Lol. You're one of the main fvckheads who's always crying that the game isn't about scoring and that Kobe needs to use his team better.

He does exactly that and you are still crying. You really should chase cars on the freeway.

DMAVS41
I didn't trash him. In your post you said I called him average, so did I call him average or did I trash him?

7-16 8 ast 3 to > 8-18 1 ast 6 TO. my point stands., Kobe good game, dirk average/ok game but worse than terrys.

Kobe's game tonight was absolutely not better than Dirk's.

Dirk also scored 25 points to Kobe's 17. He made 9 of 10 free throws. And 11 of the last 13...and two clutch free throw with 9 seconds left.

LOL

Absurd how inconsistent you are and how low your standards are.

Is what it is.

Congrats on the win. Maybe at some point you will be able to admit when your boy is literally the 4th best player on his team tonight.

RazorBaLade
05-13-2012, 02:00 AM
It might not be bad, but it is far from great. I'd say its a decent stat line, also gotta include the 3 turnovers, 1 rebound and 1-4 from the line.

No I agree, its not great. I dunno the turnovers didn't stick out to me much, neither did rebounds (hard to rebound when your bigs are catching everything) but I thought the FT's and maybe 2-3 timely shots in the first that he usually makes would have sent this into a great game. Just a couple plays short really. The 3 was pretty awesome.

DMAVS41
Lol. You're one of the main fvckheads who's always crying that the game isn't about scoring and that Kobe needs to use his team better.

He does exactly that and you are still crying. You really should chase cars on the freeway.

I thought Kobe played ok. Nothing special....not hating at all. I'm just finding it inconsistent with Razor.

He simply holds other players to a higher standard than he does for Kobe.

Batz

Dirk also scored 25 points to Kobe's 17. He made 9 of 10 free throws. And 11 of the last 13...and two clutch free throw with 9 seconds left.

LOL

Is what it is.

Congrats on the win. Maybe at some point you will be able to admit when your boy is literally the 4th best player on his team tonight.
Which Dirk game was this?

RazorBaLade
05-13-2012, 02:01 AM

LOL

Is what it is.

I completely disagree with you. Thank you for the grats. I didn't say kobe wasn't the 4th ish best player tonight, multiple people had good games and pau had a great one.

Zedja
05-13-2012, 02:01 AM

LOL

Is what it is.

bullshit.

Doranku
05-13-2012, 02:03 AM

LOL

Is what it is.

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

RazorBaLade
05-13-2012, 02:03 AM
bullshit.

It depends, its arguable. Obviously pau was absolute number 1. You gotta break down blakes game, he made the shots, no doubt, but he only had them because of kobe. But he did make the shots. Metta's defense literally changed the game, and bynum altho he shot bad and was bad defensively in the 1st half he was huge in the 2nd half outside of just pure fg%.

2nd depending on the blake thing, 3rd best is fair, 4th is probably fine too.

Heavincent
05-13-2012, 02:04 AM
lol DMAVS, cut it out with your tired routine. Kobe played very smart ball and was racking up the assists due to making very good passes out of double teams (he was getting doubled for the entire game), and he played fantastic D on Lawson in the fourth quarter.

The entire team (including Kobe) played great and won. At that point, ranking who was the best is trivial and just ****ing stupid.

rawimpact
05-13-2012, 02:04 AM
OP getting trolled hardcore, you must be new.

Bladers
05-13-2012, 02:05 AM

LOL

Is what it is.

I like how the guy drawing the double teams and finding open teammates was the 4th best player.

you do know the team mates won't be open if he wasn't there or doubled.

PickernRoller
05-13-2012, 02:06 AM
OP getting trolled hardcore, you must be new.

If he ain't new he though he could handle it....poor attempt. The clowns will take him for a ride. :lol :lol :lol

LBJDW305
05-13-2012, 02:07 AM
Lmaoo at this FAKE FAN!!!! :yaohappy:

RazorBaLade
05-13-2012, 02:07 AM
If he ain't new he though he could handle it....poor attempt. The clowns will take him for a ride. :lol :lol :lol

Naw son its working well. Everyone is mad, im enjoying the show. Feels good to win a series while someone who's team got swept comes in here talking smack.

KingMichael23
05-13-2012, 02:09 AM
Kobe is washed up anyway, Lakers going no further than WCF with him being your first option.
I don't think Kobe is washed up.

Doranku
05-13-2012, 02:09 AM
Tonight is just further proof that no matter how Kobe plays, these pathetic haters will always find a way to fault him.

Drops 43 while Gasol and Bynum are nonexistent, haters cry he shot too much.

Shoots 16 times, making all the correct basketball plays and accumulating 8 assists, haters say he played bad and got carried by Gasol and Bynum.

LBJDW305
05-13-2012, 02:10 AM
Naw son its working well. Everyone is mad, im enjoying the show. Feels good to win a series while someone who's team got swept comes in here talking smack.

Get ready to get swept a second year in a row in the 2nd round and then you'll be a OKC fan or something :yaohappy:

RazorBaLade
05-13-2012, 02:10 AM
Tonight is just further proof that no matter how Kobe plays, these pathetic haters will always find a way to fault him.

Drops 43 while Gasol and Bynum are nonexistent, haters cry he shot too much.

Shoots 16 times, making all the correct basketball plays and accumulating 8 assists, haters say he played bad and got carried by Gasol and Bynum.

The only thing that shuts people up is winning.

No one has a response to 5 rings, its just a fact, the man has 5 rings. And it might be 6, whoooooooooo.

G-Funk
05-13-2012, 02:11 AM
Kobe showed a lot of character not pushing the issue and allowing his teammates to come through in such an important game and allowing them to win the game.

RazorBaLade
05-13-2012, 02:11 AM
Get ready to get swept a second year in a row in the 2nd round and then you'll be a OKC fan or something :yaohappy:

No, I drank orange juice a while ago.. It was made in florida. I can be a heat fan just like you now right?

G-Funk
05-13-2012, 02:12 AM
U have no room to talk, until Lechoke doesn't choke in the Finals

Hyman
Today was the best game of KB on the series.

He was excelleent.

Bladers
3 interviews by Lawson, Miller, and Al saying they told kobe they won't let him beat them and they doubled him and kobe still beat them by his passing.

So we have 3 nuggts saying the same shit. both coaches saying the same thing. only haters on ISH salty. :lol

keepinitreal
05-13-2012, 02:13 AM
Almost as good as LeBron's NBA Finals numbers!:lebronamazed:

G-Funk
05-13-2012, 02:14 AM
3 interviews by Lawson, Miller, and Al saying they told kobe they won't let him beat them and they doubled him and kobe still beat them by his passing.

So we have 3 nuggts saying the same shit. both coaches saying the same thing. only haters on ISH salty. :lol
/thread!

G-Funk
05-13-2012, 02:15 AM
Almost as good as LeBron's NBA Finals numbers!:lebronamazed:
Only difference is that Kobe produces wins!

RazorBaLade
Mike Trudell ‏ @LakersReporter
Kobe quipped to George Karl, afterwards, that he didn't need to double him so much ... he's too old. Karl said he wasn't buying it.

chazzy
Kobe could've easily gone finals game 7 and try to force the issue but he took what the defense gave him and more importantly trusted his shooters. That's gonna be huge going forward. I thought he played a pretty solid game overall factoring everything, nothing crazy. Gotta give credit to the shooters and Pau stepping up.

LBJDW305
05-13-2012, 02:18 AM
No, I drank orange juice a while ago.. It was made in florida. I can be a heat fan just like you now right?

Lol One day you'll be old enough to drop some vodka in that shit and Be called a man :roll: :lol

LBJDW305
05-13-2012, 02:19 AM
Congratulations Lakers fans! You will now proceed to get swept in the second round! Enjoy the show!

tpols
05-13-2012, 02:20 AM

Blake was getting wide open looks over and over from Kobe's passes out of doubles.. just like Artest was when they decided to leave him wide open after he started 1-6.. and so was Sessions who couldn't hit an outside shot to save his life.

Kobe's handling of the double teams was the biggest offense creator for LA all game. It sucked people away from the basket for o-rebounds and created around 15 OPEN jumpers. I really dont get why Denver was so insistent on doubling him.. just let Affalo man up on him and let him take a contested jumper. It's better than letting his teammates take open jumpers all day.

rawimpact

You realize these are laker fans right? Lakers have missed the playoffs 5 times in total since the 60s... don't think anyone's going to be transitioning anytime soon.

Batz
Lol One day you'll be old enough to drop some vodka in that shit and Be called a man :roll: :lol
Vodka in orange juice is manly? Can't believe I'm apart of this generation... :facepalm

LBJDW305
05-13-2012, 02:21 AM
You realize these are laker fans right? Lakers have missed the playoffs 5 times in total since the 60s... don't think anyone's going to be transitioning anytime soon.

That little bitch made a thread about how he won't be a laker fan if they lose game 7 :facepalm

RazorBaLade
05-13-2012, 02:28 AM
That little bitch made a thread about how he won't be a laker fan if they lose game 7 :facepalm

One guy doesn't speak for all of us, idiot

madmax
05-13-2012, 02:28 AM

Lebron is held to different standards than the rest of the mortals:cheers:

pauk
05-13-2012, 02:33 AM
oh for gods sake....

RazorBaLade
05-13-2012, 02:34 AM
oh for gods sake....

stay mad buddy.

Dave McMenamin ‏ @mcten
Kobe: "(After) five championships it's not very difficult to win games."

pauk
05-13-2012, 02:42 AM
Look you prejudiced Kobetard...
this game was not good by HIS standards............. here you are trashing anybody else for having a game like that, Dirk, Wade and whoever else... especially you bashed Lebron your entire life on ISH for going 18-7-7 @ 48% FG leading both teams in assists and rebounds behind Chandler and say its the worst performance ever, dropping only 1-3 points in the 4th, that he choked, that he got carried and so on..... your entire "career" as a troll on this forum has been bashing such a statline from any superstar..... now you say that Kobe going for 43%FG 17 points, 1 rebound and 8 assists and 1 FG made in the 4th quarter is a GOOD GAME and that he did not got carried by Gasol who basically scored the most 4th quarter points for the Lakers ending with a statline of 23-17-6 and 4 blocks? What kindof hypocrite nonsense is that?

Heavincent
05-13-2012, 02:44 AM
Look you prejudiced Kobetard...
this game was not good by HIS standards............. here you are trashing anybody else for having a game like that, Dirk, Wade and whoever else... especially you bashed Lebron your entire life on ISH for going 18-7-7 @ 48% FG leading both teams in assists and rebounds behind Chandler and say its the worst performance ever, dropping only 1-3 points in the 4th, that he choked, that he got carried and so on..... now you say that Kobe going for 43%FG 17 points, 1 rebound and 8 assists and 1 FG made in the 4th quarter is a GOOD GAME and that he did not got carried by Gasol? What kindof hypocrite nonsense is that?

But that was over the course of an entire series. Kobe averaged like 30/5/5 in this series and won. Lebron averaged 18/7/7 and lost. Huge difference.

DMAVS41
05-13-2012, 02:47 AM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

So lets get this straight. He ignores the 3 turnovers, 1-4 ft shooting, and 17 points. He credits him with the "dagger"...LOL

He then goes on to ignore Dirk being far more clutch. Scoring 11 of the last 13. Getting to the line and making two clutch free throws down 1 to give the Mavs a lead with 9 seconds left.

All of that turns into a poor/average game for Dirk and a good game for Kobe?

I'm sorry, but the standards are just not equal.

Dirk scored 8 more points. Was more efficient. Also got doubled a lot...and was far more clutch.

The idea that Kobe's game was better is absurd. Sorry. And these are the kinds of things i'm talking about. The inconsistent standards are a joke.

Heavincent
05-13-2012, 02:48 AM
I'll just say it again:

lol DMAVS, cut it out with your tired routine. Kobe played very smart ball and was racking up the assists due to making very good passes out of double teams (he was getting doubled for the entire game), and he played fantastic D on Lawson in the fourth quarter.

The entire team (including Kobe) played great and won. At that point, ranking who was the best is trivial and just ****ing stupid.

RazorBaLade
05-13-2012, 02:51 AM
So lets get this straight. He ignores the 3 turnovers, 1-4 ft shooting, and 17 points. He credits him with the "dagger"...LOL

He then goes on to ignore Dirk being far more clutch. Scoring 11 of the last 13. Getting to the line and making two clutch free throws down 1 to give the Mavs a lead with 9 seconds left.

Dirk scored 8 more points. Was more efficient. Also got doubled a lot...and was far more clutch.

The idea that Kobe's game was better is absurd. Sorry. And these are the kinds of things i'm talking about. The inconsistent standards are a joke.

They both shot 44%.
Dirk had 3 more TO's.
Kobe had 7 more assists.
Dirk was good in the clutch but obviously had a really bad first half, they wouldn't have needed his heroics if he played better. Kobe had a much more balanced game and really did everything right besides the FT's and maybe 1 or 2 shots. His teammates having good games are results of kobes passes where as dirks 1 assist obv had little to do with terry going 8-10 in the game compared to blakes 9/12.

That is my argument for why *I* believe Kobe had a better game. I value 3 extra possessions and 7 assists. I also don't appreciate you throwing poor into there, I specifically said twice that I thought he had an average/good game, not a poor/average game.

RazorBaLade
05-13-2012, 02:58 AM
Also I think its tough to compare a player that won to a player who lost when there isn't a giant statistical difference, at the end of the day we don't know if kobe would have performed well if he had to, say, if nuggets made a miracle comeback and it was OT with pau fouled out and kobe scores 10 pts in OT. Who knows. What we do know is that dirks team lost and he had a lot of mistakes (3 more TO's than kobe) and poor playmaking (1 ast) and a really bad half which had the team down by a lot, even though he did well to bring them back, he didn't do enough.

DMAVS41
05-13-2012, 03:28 AM
They both shot 44%.
Dirk had 3 more TO's.
Kobe had 7 more assists.
Dirk was good in the clutch but obviously had a really bad first half, they wouldn't have needed his heroics if he played better. Kobe had a much more balanced game and really did everything right besides the FT's and maybe 1 or 2 shots. His teammates having good games are results of kobes passes where as dirks 1 assist obv had little to do with terry going 8-10 in the game compared to blakes 9/12.

That is my argument for why *I* believe Kobe had a better game. I value 3 extra possessions and 7 assists. I also don't appreciate you throwing poor into there, I specifically said twice that I thought he had an average/good game, not a poor/average game.

And Dirk had 4 more boards and 8 more points. And shot 90% from the line compared to 25%. LOL

RazorBaLade
05-13-2012, 03:35 AM
And Dirk had 4 more boards and 8 more points. And shot 90% from the line compared to 25%. LOL

I don't think that makes up the difference. 4 boards is nearly irrelevant and yes, shooting fts is good but doesn't make up the difference. -6 ast and +3 to and the loss is big.. wouldnt have gotten swept if he limited his TO's

sbw19
05-13-2012, 03:39 AM
@RealSkipBayless

Of all the terrific defense played by Lakers tonite, most important was Kobe switching on Ty Lawson in 4th, cooling him off.

Skip educating dem hatas! :bowdown:

@johnhollinger

Surprise: Blake won them the game. Bigger surprise: Kobe allowed it. Instead of going hero-ball he passed out of every double.

Godbe's trey iced da game you goon. :facepalm

Doranku
05-13-2012, 03:52 AM

That has nothing to do with what I bolded and facepalmed.

DMAVS41
05-13-2012, 03:55 AM
I don't think that makes up the difference. 4 boards is nearly irrelevant and yes, shooting fts is good but doesn't make up the difference. -6 ast and +3 to and the loss is big.. wouldnt have gotten swept if he limited his TO's

Oh...and stop acting like you didn't take issue with me calling Dirk's game good. That is what started this.

The fact remains you aren't remotely consistent and trying to explain how Kobe's game is better is just a joke. it wasn't.

And my god...Dirk was far more efficient and far more clutch. LOL at DAGGER....

DMAVS41
05-13-2012, 04:05 AM
That has nothing to do with what I bolded and facepalmed.

Well, Blake and Gasol were definitely better using the standards that you guys use for other players. So I guess I should have said at best the third best.

But I'd probably take what Bynum did overall over Kobe tonight. But I'm not going to argue with you if you say otherwise.

Doranku
05-13-2012, 04:08 AM
Well, Blake and Gasol were definitely better using the standards that you guys use for other players. So I guess I should have said at best the third best.

But I'd probably take what Bynum did overall over Kobe tonight. But I'm not going to argue with you if you say otherwise.

Steve Blake's ATROCIOUS defense was the reason Denver got back into the game...

The Iron Fist
05-13-2012, 04:10 AM

lol, you're the very first clown to say that Kobe needs to play team ball by attracting attention and making the right pass to his open teammates.

He does that all night, and Bynum was better? Dude was 4 for 15. And Bynum was better than Kobe?

Lets rewind to game 7 of the 10 finals, Kobe goes 6-24 with 16 rebounds, and "he was carried."

Fvck outta here with your Odom like inconsistent ass.

Kobe played exactly the way you've been screaming from all of your screen names, and

Bynum was better.

:roll:

Just like I asked the other dip shit,

what will it take for Kobe to be considered the best player on the floor in a Laker win?

Mr. Jabbar
05-13-2012, 04:11 AM

You are analyzing beyond a boxscore :applause: , but that won't get you very far in this board :oldlol:

The Iron Fist
05-13-2012, 04:15 AM
You are analyzing beyond a boxscore :applause: , but that won't get you very far in this board :oldlol:

Which idiot said, "I don't even watch games, just the boxscore"?

DMAVS41
05-13-2012, 04:22 AM

I'm using the standards of Razor that said Terry was "far better" than Dirk

LOL..so inconsistent.

Yet what about Bynum then? he played great defense and dominated the boards. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Doranku
05-13-2012, 04:26 AM
I'm using the standards of Razor that said Terry was "far better" than Dirk

LOL..so inconsistent.

Yet what about Bynum then? he played great defense and dominated the boards. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You're attributing someone else's standards to me, and I'm the inconsistent one? :facepalm

Yes, Bynum was good on defense but so was Kobe. And Bynum was awful offensively whereas at least 60% of LA's plays ran directly through Kobe with him receiving the ball around the elbow area and drawing double teams/passing out.

Gasol > Kobe >= Bynum > Blake

DMAVS41
05-13-2012, 04:33 AM
You're attributing someone else's standards to me, and I'm the inconsistent one? :facepalm

Yes, Bynum was good on defense but so was Kobe. And Bynum was awful offensively whereas at least 60% of LA's plays ran directly through Kobe with him receiving the ball around the elbow area and drawing double teams/passing out.

Gasol > Kobe >= Bynum > Blake

I responded to the OP....and I disagree with you. Blake was more valuable than Kobe tonight. As was Bynum.

You act like its crazy to say Kobe was the 4th best player. Hell, World Peace also had a huge impact. A true team effort for the Lakers.

But again, I really don't care. Just pointing out how obvious it is that Razor holds Dirk to a higher standard than Kobe.

RazorBaLade
05-13-2012, 04:35 AM
Oh...and stop acting like you didn't take issue with me calling Dirk's game good. That is what started this.

The fact remains you aren't remotely consistent and trying to explain how Kobe's game is better is just a joke. it wasn't.

And my god...Dirk was far more efficient and far more clutch. LOL at DAGGER....

7/16 is 44%, as is 8/18. Where are you getting far more efficient from? I'm not going to argue this if we can't even agree that 44%=44%.

Mostly I took issue with saying it was better than Terrys game. Dirks game was okay/average tho, I can't say someone had a good game when he shoots 44%, has 6 turnovers and 1 assist. I just can't.

RazorBaLade
05-13-2012, 04:37 AM
I responded to the OP....and I disagree with you. Blake was more valuable than Kobe tonight. As was Bynum.

You act like its crazy to say Kobe was the 4th best player. Hell, World Peace also had a huge impact. A true team effort for the Lakers.

But again, I really don't care. Just pointing out how obvious it is that Razor holds Dirk to a higher standard than Kobe.

Are you trolling? Is this some kind of payback for getting swept? I can't even process how you think bynum was better or how its unarguable that blake was more valuable than kobe, 90% of his shots were kobe assists because of kobe doubled.

This is trolling. This is what I get for making fun of your ***** team getting swept eh? Well at least we're playing while you are fishing with the rest of your boys

RoseCity07
05-13-2012, 04:40 AM
Fans of Kobe compare him to the greatest player ever and now wonder why Kobe gets criticized when he doesn't live up to the hype. Jordan never got embarrassed like this.

Quizno
05-13-2012, 04:45 AM
Fans of Kobe compare him to the greatest player ever and now wonder why Kobe gets criticized when he doesn't live up to the hype. Jordan never got embarrassed like this.
what's embarassing about this? he played well tonight, he played great defense and passed out of the double teams. he got doubled the whole 4th quarter and made some nice passes. gasol had the best game out of all the lakers for sure, but kobe was extremely important. he played really good defense on lawson at the end of the game too.

DMAVS41
7/16 is 44%, as is 8/18. Where are you getting far more efficient from? I'm not going to argue this if we can't even agree that 44%=44%.

Mostly I took issue with saying it was better than Terrys game. Dirks game was okay/average tho, I can't say someone had a good game when he shoots 44%, has 6 turnovers and 1 assist. I just can't.

Are you ****ing serious? Dirk was 9/10 from the line. Kobe was 1 of 4. You honestly think Kobe was as efficient as Dirk?

Dirk scored 25 points on 18 shots. Kobe scored 17 points on 16 shots. LOL...not even close.

Ok. If Terry was better than Dirk....then how was Kobe better than Blake. Blake and Terry literally played the exact same game.

and my god. Kobe had 3 turnovers and was far less clutch and shot 25% from the line. and you want to call Dirk's game less than good but want to be able to call kobe's good.

stop ignoring Dirk scoring 11 of 13 and the go ahead points. stop ignoring the very thing that made Dirk's game good. But you want to credit Kobe with the dagger. ROFL

Dirk gamescore....12.3
Kobe gamescore...10.6

Blake gamescore....17.5
Terry gamescore....18.2

There I go with those objective measures again. Next....

So even just objectively on a measure of stats, Dirk comes out ahead. Of course what isn't built into that is Dirk scoring 11 of the last 13 and giving the Mavs the lead with 9 seconds left.

What is built in is the fact that Dirk had a 56% TS percentage in his game while Kobe had a 48% TS percentage. Only on your ****ed up planet can that be the same efficiency Razor.

So I want to know. How on earth can you sit here and claim Terry was "far better" than Dirk in that game and then take offense to someone just saying that Blake was better? Do you really not see the inconsistent nature of your standards?

I have no issue with how Kobe played tonight. I thought he played smart and played ok. Nothing special, but it was a fine game. Just like Dirk's game that you hammered him for and had all those issues with me calling it good.

You readily admit you don't pay much attention to other teams/players. Here is some good info. Other star players get doubled and have defenses designed to stop them as well. I can't tell you how many open shots a guy like Terry gets off the Dirk pick and roll...etc. Its not just a Kobe thing. Other great players also get a ton of defensive attention.

But I'd love an answer. And I'd also love for you to tell me how Terry's game was any better than Blake's game. Because I just don't see it at all.

And by any statistical or logical measure, Dirk did not play a worse game than Kobe. Absolutely not.

Legends66NBA7

Well someone had to bring Jordan up.

Forget relevance, let's just talk about this neverending topic.

Rocker09
05-13-2012, 06:45 AM

This...I'd rather see the lakers win with kobe scoring 17 pts than see them lose w/ kobe scoring 31 pts...Kobe trusted his team mates and he played a good team game. The best part is, the lakers won...

nbaballllller
05-13-2012, 06:46 AM
lebron went 17 8 8 and 48% shooting in last years finals and was considered absolute crap so why wuld this game where kobe performed worse be considered good?

SunsCaptain
05-13-2012, 07:00 AM
lebron went 17 8 8 and 48% shooting in last years finals and was considered absolute crap so why wuld this game where kobe performed worse be considered good?

Cuz its Kobe...

...My boy Kobe.

<3.

BUT it was game 7 of the first round....

So come on....Got to give some credit there.

First rounds R hard.

Rocker09
05-13-2012, 07:16 AM

Lebron needed to score more in that situation while in this game kobe didn't. If kobe needed to produce more, he would've...So yes, relative to the result and the overall situation during the game, kobe performed ok. Not great but ok enough in order to get the win...

LJJ
05-13-2012, 07:29 AM

Dat ether.

Sampsonsimpson
05-13-2012, 07:42 AM
He quietly had a good game. It wasnt a typical Kobe game thatd you'd expect when someone says he played a good game. When I was watching the game it almost even seemed like Kobe was a none factor at times which I guess is a credit to Denvers defense. But while it wasnt flashy for Kobe's standards he did all of the little things right and really was a good team player which is why the Lakers got the win. Plus he did hit that dagger at the end.

chips93
05-13-2012, 10:06 AM

because kobe was consistently doubled out on the perimeter. lebron didnt receive nearly as much defensive attention

kobe made smarter passes, and forced the defense into rotating, open up the offensive glass, as well as open shots for his teammates

in the finals the mavs forced lebron into being a scorer, and he couldnt

last night the nuggets forced kobe into being a passer and he succeeded

on top of that, kobe still hit some big shots when necessary, something lebron didnt in the finals.

as always, stats dont tell the whole story

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-13-2012, 10:28 AM
seriously dude?
do you REALLY want to talk about 4th quarters?

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-13-2012, 10:31 AM
Lets talk about THIS:
Ty Lawson was destroying the Lakers and brought it back to a tie game.
Then what happened?
Oh yes, Kobe then defended him straight-up the entire 4th quarter, shut him down.
THAT was the difference.

That was a 33 year old SG shutting down a super quick PG who the announcers said, "no one can stay in front of him".

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Just thinking back mid-season when you were all excited Dwight Howard was coming to the Nets, I can now laugh at your comments.

Jeff, the office depot ad has to go.

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-13-2012, 10:34 AM
About as embarrassed as you were when you went to Vegas for the weekend with $50 and were crying broke after your first 2 hours.

Story Up
05-13-2012, 10:36 AM

What a fukkin moron you are. Kobe is the reason Blake did so well, spoon feeding him open looks; shitting down Lawson in the 4th after he brought Denver from 16 down, hit a dagger 3 and had 8 assists. Anyone who thinks he was worse then Blake need to actually watch the game and not the box scores.

Heavincent
05-13-2012, 10:41 AM
Jesus Christ DMAVS, give it up already. Kobe played pretty damn well and won yet you're still on here bitching. Nobody gives a **** about ranking who the best player on the Lakers was last night. It was a total team effort, so ranking them is just ****ing stupid. Seriously, who gives a ****? Kobe played a very important role and kept his mistakes minimal. And he wasn't clutch? What the ****? They were up for most of the fourth quarter. They didn't need to him to go into hero mode. He just stuck with the gameplan. Is that such a crime? :oldlol:

brantonli
05-13-2012, 10:42 AM

Shot 44% in the series.

Wow, I'm so impressed.

That 3 killed the Nugget's mentally. I'm a Rockets fan and I'd admit that 3 was an absolutely gutsy shot that was incredibly well defended.

LBJDW305
05-13-2012, 10:49 AM
First round :yaohappy:

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-13-2012, 10:51 AM
KOBE HATERS:
Please pick a narrative and stick to it.

First you bash him for taking too many shots and not utilizing his big men.
NOW you want to say his big men carried him because he took only 16 shots and utilized his big men, racking up 8 assists while hitting the dagger shot, while shutting down Lawson.

Which is it going to be? Pick a narrative.

RazorBaLade
05-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Also I think its tough to compare a player that won to a player who lost when there isn't a giant statistical difference, at the end of the day we don't know if kobe would have performed well if he had to, say, if nuggets made a miracle comeback and it was OT with pau fouled out and kobe scores 10 pts in OT. Who knows. What we do know is that dirks team lost and he had a lot of mistakes (3 more TO's than kobe) and poor playmaking (1 ast) and a really bad half which had the team down by a lot, even though he did well to bring them back, he didn't do enough.

Instead of repeating myself to respond to some people, I want to quote this again, I think people should read this. This can be applied to the comparisons of kobes win last night and lebrons finals.

RazorBaLade
05-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Are you ****ing serious? Dirk was 9/10 from the line. Kobe was 1 of 4. You honestly think Kobe was as efficient as Dirk?

Dirk scored 25 points on 18 shots. Kobe scored 17 points on 16 shots. LOL...not even close.

Ok. If Terry was better than Dirk....then how was Kobe better than Blake. Blake and Terry literally played the exact same game.

and my god. Kobe had 3 turnovers and was far less clutch and shot 25% from the line. and you want to call Dirk's game less than good but want to be able to call kobe's good.

stop ignoring Dirk scoring 11 of 13 and the go ahead points. stop ignoring the very thing that made Dirk's game good. But you want to credit Kobe with the dagger. ROFL

Dirk gamescore....12.3
Kobe gamescore...10.6

Blake gamescore....17.5
Terry gamescore....18.2

There I go with those objective measures again. Next....

So even just objectively on a measure of stats, Dirk comes out ahead. Of course what isn't built into that is Dirk scoring 11 of the last 13 and giving the Mavs the lead with 9 seconds left.

What is built in is the fact that Dirk had a 56% TS percentage in his game while Kobe had a 48% TS percentage. Only on your ****ed up planet can that be the same efficiency Razor.

So I want to know. How on earth can you sit here and claim Terry was "far better" than Dirk in that game and then take offense to someone just saying that Blake was better? Do you really not see the inconsistent nature of your standards?

I have no issue with how Kobe played tonight. I thought he played smart and played ok. Nothing special, but it was a fine game. Just like Dirk's game that you hammered him for and had all those issues with me calling it good.

You readily admit you don't pay much attention to other teams/players. Here is some good info. Other star players get doubled and have defenses designed to stop them as well. I can't tell you how many open shots a guy like Terry gets off the Dirk pick and roll...etc. Its not just a Kobe thing. Other great players also get a ton of defensive attention.

But I'd love an answer. And I'd also love for you to tell me how Terry's game was any better than Blake's game. Because I just don't see it at all.

And by any statistical or logical measure, Dirk did not play a worse game than Kobe. Absolutely not.

I don't know why you're comparing such different values. It'd be like saying someone who went 3/3 was so much more efficient than a player who went 10/22. Its technically correct, yes, but it has no meaning because they are entirely different games. Dirk was 0-2 from 3 and Kobe was 2-2 from 3.. I just don't see the efficiency difference. I'd compare that before I compared 4 to 10. I don't compare fg of people that shoot 4 times compared to those who shoot 10 or 15 times. I don't see why the same would be done for FT's. Don't see it at all. It should be factored in for dirks game, dont get me wrong, it raises his game but it doesnt really work for comparing % imo.

Terrys shots didn't come from dirk. Don't use a game score that you disagree with (that terry outplayed dirk completely) which was MY opinion to prove that dirk outplayed kobe. Its utter cherrypicking, proves one of your arguments wrong, and I don't even know what game score is.

I don't take offense to blake being better, I agreed with it. I said kobe being 3rd or 4th best was fair. I think you should really calm down and read and think about this stuff, you're making a lot of mistakes.

I think kobes stats were better, dirk didnt do enough to win.

Doranku
05-13-2012, 12:00 PM
There's no point in arguing with these people. They see what they want to see. Blake (finally) hit some shots last night, but all of you Kobe haters won't admit that his awful, awful defense on Lawson was why the Nuggets were able to get back in the game. Lawson went on a personal 9-1 run last night with Blake guarding him.

Meanwhile, Kobe was the catalyst for almost the entire offense. The defensive attention he was getting freed guys like Blake up for wide open shots. And he played terrific defense on Lawson, holding him to 0-5 shooting and 0 points in the final quarter.

But I don't even know why I'm typing this. Can't convince someone of something by using examples that they don't want to see.

Kurosawa0
05-13-2012, 12:11 PM
Kobe had a decent game and it's fine to say so just as long as we hold other players to the same standard.

Indian guy
05-13-2012, 12:23 PM
You have to try really hard to paint a 17/8 performance on 16 shots as a noteworthy performance for a superstar. Kobe was probably the 4th most significant Laker on the court last night.

Heavincent
05-13-2012, 12:24 PM
You have to try really hard to paint a 17/8 performance on 16 shots as a noteworthy performance for a superstar. Kobe was probably the 4th most significant Laker on the court last night.

:oldlol: :facepalm

Someone didn't watch the game.

BallsOut
05-13-2012, 12:26 PM

17/8 on 16 shots and shutdown defense on opposing team's best player in the 4th quarter, along with a dagger 3pointer, while being heavily doubled for the entire game is pretty good for anybody in this game.

Of course, you didn't watch the game, dug up the 17/8 on 16 shots out of the boxscore page you just checked on ESPN before posting and thought it was clever. Don't make it so obvious next time :cheers:

itsGameTime
05-13-2012, 12:27 PM
17/8 on 16 shots and shutdown defense on opposing team's best player in the 4th quarter, along with a dagger 3pointer, while being heavily doubled for the entire game is pretty good for anybody in this game.

Of course, you didn't watch the game, dug up the 17/8 on 16 shots out of the boxscore page you just checked on ESPN before posting and thought it was clever. Don't make it so obvious next time :cheers:

Ether, the sht that make your soul burn slow. :bowdown:

RazorBaLade
05-13-2012, 12:28 PM

Nobody said noteworthy. It was a good game, he did about 90% of all that was asked of him.

Some posters would have you think he was completely bailed out and won in spite of his effort.

andgar923
05-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Kobe had a decent game and it's fine to say so just as long as we hold other players to the same standard.

This.

Amazing how overrated his fans make him.

If it had been another player, he'd be considered a scrub by these same people, or just a decent game. But since it's Kobe, it was a "beautiful" game, an "great" game.

But then we consider the player of his stature, and that's when the standards get lowered by his fans yet again.

I agree that 'stats' don't tell the whole story, but he didn't do anything that great, or anything an all star level player can't do.

If somebody like Bron, Wade, Melo, Durant had the same type of game, these same Kobe fans would be making threads laughing at them.

RazorBaLade
05-13-2012, 12:30 PM
This.

If it had been another player, he'd be considered a scrub by these same people, or just a decent game. But since it's Kobe, it was a "beautiful" game, an "great" game.

But then we consider the player of his stature, and that's when the standards get lowered by his fans yet again.

I agree that 'stats' don't tell the whole story, but he didn't do anything that great, or anything an all star level player can't do.

If somebody like Bron, Wade, Melo, Durant had the same type of game, these same Kobe fans would be making threads laughing at them.

Beautiful and great are in quotes, can you show me who said this game was beautiful and great?

BallsOut
05-13-2012, 12:31 PM
This.

Spoken like someone who didn't watch the game. :cheers:

andgar923
05-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Now... Kobe fans love to paint him as their GOAT, the ALL TIME greatest.

But what he did yesterday, was the type of shit that tons of players of his caliber did all the time!!! and even then, it would be considered an 'ok' game or even sub par.

These fools wanna say he's better than Bird, MJ, Magic, and many others?:roll: :roll:

Kobe fans continue to embarrass themselves.

He didn't even play up to Bron's averages, and got less points.

RazorBaLade
05-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Now... Kobe fans love to paint him as their GOAT, the ALL TIME greatest.

But what he did yesterday, was the type of shit that tons of players of his caliber did all the time!!! and even then, it would be considered an 'ok' game or even sub par.

These fools wanna say he's better than Bird, MJ, Magic, and many others?:roll: :roll:

Kobe fans continue to embarrass themselves.

He didn't even play up to Bron's averages, and got less points.

who are you talking to? who is saying this? what is wrong with you?

andgar923
05-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Beautiful and great are in quotes, can you show me who said this game was beautiful and great?

Go ahead princess.. take your pick:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263285

White Mamba
05-13-2012, 12:34 PM

WOW:facepalm did you even watched last night?

andgar923
05-13-2012, 12:35 PM

Yeah.... I didn't watch.:rolleyes:

RazorBaLade
05-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Go ahead princess.. take your pick:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263285

They mostly meant beautiful as in nice to watch because of how he made the right decisions, and they also said smart. Your post led me to believe everyone is praising him for great game goat performance omg kobe.

You are right, one guy said great in the first two pages. I think he is wrong.

BallsOut
05-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Yeah.... I didn't watch.:rolleyes:

Cool, you finally admit it. That's the first step to rehabilitation. Hopefully it'll stop your trollish ways and eventually you may even become a decent poster on this board :cheers:

amfirst
05-13-2012, 12:40 PM
Kobe played exceptionally well last night. Anyone who says otherwise is a moron. His shooting percentage would have been higher if it wasn't for some no foul calls and the fact that he is typically the bail out shooter. Lakers players like to pass him the ball there's like 3 secs left on the clock which is extremely hard to create a shot. But we all know he is the best in those situations. Shooting percentage doesn't matter because he had to do what was given to him, even if its a bad situation.

What matter is that instead of shooting over double triple teams like he usually did, he drew the double and passed it to the open man in the 4th. Including a clutch dagger 3 in the end to seal the game.

:applause:

RazorBaLade
05-13-2012, 12:42 PM
Kobe played exceptionally well last night. Anyone who says otherwise is a moron. His shooting percentage would have been higher if it wasn't for some no foul calls and the fact that he is typically the bail out shooter. Lakers players like to pass him the ball there's like 3 secs left on the clock which is extremely hard to create a shot. But we all know he is the best in those situations. Shooting percentage doesn't matter because he had to do what was given to him, even if its a bad situation.

What matter is that instead of shooting over double triple teams like he usually did, he drew the double and passed it to the open man in the 4th. Including a clutch dagger 3 in the end to seal the game.

hhe doesnt get doubled like this every game lol

andgar923
05-13-2012, 12:53 PM
ROFL the overrating of Kobe continues.

The low standards some of you have is incredible.

"greatest pg of all time" :roll:

So he decided to pass and not force things :applause: amazing!!!

I've always mentioned that Kobe should be getting around 8 assists. But you Kobe fans are correct in one thing tho...

He played like some of us have been stating for a while now.

he doesn't need to shoot that much, he needs to make smarter decisions with the ball... and he did it last night. Nothing to be excited or trash him about.

Even then, within this exceptionally normal game, he managed to still make some Kobe decisions, but it's all forgiven (honestly).

His haters are dumb/idiots as well.

He didn't suck and he didn't get carried. It was a total 'team' win, with Kobe orchestrating it.

RazorBaLade
05-13-2012, 12:57 PM
im going to take pride in the fact that you are wrong and this sweet sweet victory has driven you and many others such as dmavs to a point of no return, a land where logic is out the window and being wrong is better than being right.

It feels good. 5 championships.

andgar923
05-13-2012, 01:00 PM
im going to take pride in the fact that you are wrong and this sweet sweet victory has driven you and many others such as dmavs to a point of no return, a land where logic is out the window and being wrong is better than being right.

It feels good. 5 championships.

Laughable.

How am I wrong?

I really don't care, I just love to point out how idiotic YOU (Kobe fans) are. Love to point out the hypocrisy and how you guys went into damage control mode.

Hey... if you actually knew how to read, you'd see that I'm 'NOT' dissing Kobe. I'm laughing at you morons, and pointing out what the majority of basketball fans see you as.

RazorBaLade
05-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Laughable.

How am I wrong?

I really don't care, I just love to point out how idiotic YOU (Kobe fans) are. Love to point out the hypocrisy and how you guys went into damage control mode.

Hey... if you actually knew how to read, you'd see that I'm 'NOT' dissing Kobe. I'm laughing at you morons, and pointing out what the majority of basketball fans see you as.

the majority of us arent saying hes the greatest pg of all time. who the **** even said that? what is your ****ing deal with these fake quotes and saying all kobe fans believe them?

Doranku
05-13-2012, 01:08 PM
ROFL the overrating of Kobe continues.

The low standards some of you have is incredible.

"greatest pg of all time" :roll:

So he decided to pass and not force things :applause: amazing!!!

I've always mentioned that Kobe should be getting around 8 assists. But you Kobe fans are correct in one thing tho...

He played like some of us have been stating for a while now.

he doesn't need to shoot that much, he needs to make smarter decisions with the ball... and he did it last night. Nothing to be excited or trash him about.

Even then, within this exceptionally normal game, he managed to still make some Kobe decisions, but it's all forgiven (honestly).

His haters are dumb/idiots as well.

He didn't suck and he didn't get carried. It was a total 'team' win, with Kobe orchestrating it.
:applause: :applause: :applause:

No one is being serious when they're saying "GOAT PG" man. Just joking around because we're happy our team got the W.

andgar923
05-13-2012, 01:10 PM
the majority of us arent saying hes the greatest pg of all time. who the **** even said that? what is your ****ing deal with these fake quotes and saying all kobe fans believe them?

LOL pretending as tho this thread doesn't exist.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263303

Some of the replies are typical.

andgar923
05-13-2012, 01:12 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

No one is being serious when they're saying "GOAT PG" man. Just joking around because we're happy our team got the W.

I wish I could believe that.

I agree, there may be a few of you that do joke around... but we all know that there's plenty of Kobe fanatics that believe it.

I see these morons all the time in L.A. and on the net.

Kobe when he wants, is a great playmaker, one of the best in the league and it can be argued one of the best all time. But some people get carried away.

chazzy
05-13-2012, 01:14 PM
Jordan stans are out of touch with reality and have no sense of satire/humor, let them be

RazorBaLade
05-13-2012, 01:23 PM
LOL pretending as tho this thread doesn't exist.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263303

Some of the replies are typical.

oh. do you have autism? people with that have problems understanding sarcasm

guy
05-13-2012, 02:23 PM

Really not that ridiculous to say he may have been the 4th most important player tonight. Hell, maybe even the 5th. Gasol was clearly their best, Bynum probably 2nd, then Blake, Kobe, and Artest in no order. You can say Kobe created those shots for Blake, but Blake had to hit him. Going 5/6 from 3 and 7/11 in general on nothing but jumpshots is pretty amazing regardless of how open he was. Both Artest and Kobe played great defense, but Artest pretty much took Danilo Gallinari out of the whole game completely and was the biggest reason Andre Miller shot completely horrible as well.

I don't think anyone is saying Kobe had a bad game. He had a good game. He just didn't have this great game for someone of his standards. He didn't hurt the team, he helped it, but he wasn't anywhere near the best player on the floor.

Its not a big deal, but when a bunch of idiotic fans beforehand claim that he's going to put up 50, or go into "GOD" mode, or at least be the best player on the floor that is going to "carry" this supposedly horrible Laker team, and then nothing even close to that happens, it will be pointed out.

Deuce Bigalow
05-13-2012, 02:24 PM
17 points...hmmm...looks like Lebron's Finals ppg.

DMAVS41
05-13-2012, 03:53 PM
I don't know why you're comparing such different values. It'd be like saying someone who went 3/3 was so much more efficient than a player who went 10/22. Its technically correct, yes, but it has no meaning because they are entirely different games. Dirk was 0-2 from 3 and Kobe was 2-2 from 3.. I just don't see the efficiency difference. I'd compare that before I compared 4 to 10. I don't compare fg of people that shoot 4 times compared to those who shoot 10 or 15 times. I don't see why the same would be done for FT's. Don't see it at all. It should be factored in for dirks game, dont get me wrong, it raises his game but it doesnt really work for comparing % imo.

Terrys shots didn't come from dirk. Don't use a game score that you disagree with (that terry outplayed dirk completely) which was MY opinion to prove that dirk outplayed kobe. Its utter cherrypicking, proves one of your arguments wrong, and I don't even know what game score is.

I don't take offense to blake being better, I agreed with it. I said kobe being 3rd or 4th best was fair. I think you should really calm down and read and think about this stuff, you're making a lot of mistakes.

I think kobes stats were better, dirk didnt do enough to win.

But Kobe's stats weren't better. Statistically (which is gamescore)...Dirk comes out ahead.

I'm not basing it all off game score. That is just stats. Of course Blake wasn't nearly twice as good as Kobe the way game score has it.

I'm just saying you aren't being consistent. Which you aren't.

So by objective statistical measures, Dirk was better than Kobe. And then that isn't even factoring in what Dirk did late in that game...which is what made it a good game.

You simply can't have it both ways. And I'd tell you to calm down and read what I'm saying. But of course I didn't get defensive and make a thread trying to revise history literally 5 minutes after a game was over. If Dirk didn't play a "good game"....then there is no way in hell Kobe did. Not by any objective measure. The only way you get that is with a biased opinion like yours.

And Terry did get a lot of his shots off Dirk. Again, stop acting like Kobe is the only player that gets defensive attention. And at least Blake did something in the 2nd half/4th qtr. IIRC Blake made 2 threes in the 4th. Terry didn't do anything.

So again...just pointing out the utter obvious double standards you use and how inconsistent you are even using those double standards. But its expected from someone that admittedly doesn't watch other games and thinks that Dirk doesn't help Terry get great looks. :wtf:

raptorfan_dr07
05-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Guess I'll chime in with my two cents. Kobe played a fairly efficient overall game last night. No he was not the fourth best Laker out there. In my opinion, he was 2nd best. Yeah Steve Blake had a huge game, but all his shots pretty much came off passes(mostly orchestrated by Kobe). Artest was solid defensively, but just average offensively(plus most of his shots came off passes like Blake's). Bynum was just there to me. Like his 16 point, 11 rebound Game 5. Looks good if you just saw the boxscore. Bynum was slightly more active defensively than he had been. The only player on the floor for LA that was unarguably better than Kobe was Gasol. He really manned up and came to play after sucking for the majority of this series. Kobe did what was needed to win, moved the ball well offensively, didn't force much, and hit a key 3 late in the 4th. It was a total team win.

The reason why people like DMAVS, andgar, and others are harping so much about it is because of the hypocritical attitudes from trolls. These morons would turn around and laugh if any other Star player had a game like Kobe's in a Game 7 at home, yet here they are acting like it was some legendary performance. It was a good, solid game, Lakers wouldn't have won without him. But not legendary.

chazzy
05-13-2012, 05:03 PM
Who said it was legendary? The thread was started to dispute that it was a bad game

DMAVS41
05-13-2012, 05:08 PM
Who said it was legendary? The thread was started to dispute that it was a bad game

By a person that vehemently disputed that a statistically superior and more clutch game could absolutely never be considered a "good game"

That is the issue. Wake up Chazzy.

bwink23
05-13-2012, 05:24 PM
What a fukkin moron you are. Kobe is the reason Blake did so well, spoon feeding him open looks; shitting down Lawson in the 4th after he brought Denver from 16 down, hit a dagger 3 and had 8 assists. Anyone who thinks he was worse then Blake need to actually watch the game and not the box scores.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

bwink23
05-13-2012, 05:25 PM
:oldlol: :facepalm

Someone didn't watch the game.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

bwink23
05-13-2012, 05:26 PM

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

bwink23
05-13-2012, 05:27 PM

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

bwink23
05-13-2012, 05:27 PM
WOW:facepalm did you even watched last night?

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

quick96
05-13-2012, 06:44 PM
[/B]

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

TEARS OF LAUGHTER.. IT'S BEAUTIFUL.

FOR ONCE WE CAN AGREE. I LAUGH TOO

IN AMAZEMENT OF THE "GOD" KOBE "THE G.O.A.T" BRYANT.

IT AMAZES ME EVEN TO THIS DAY OF HIS GREATNESS

I'M SURE THIS WILL BE ON BUMPER BOY 2SPORTS...

:rockon:

KOBE = G.O.AT.

:D :D

RazorBaLade
05-13-2012, 07:24 PM
But Kobe's stats weren't better. Statistically (which is gamescore)...Dirk comes out ahead.

I'm not basing it all off game score. That is just stats. Of course Blake wasn't nearly twice as good as Kobe the way game score has it.

I'm just saying you aren't being consistent. Which you aren't.

So by objective statistical measures, Dirk was better than Kobe. And then that isn't even factoring in what Dirk did late in that game...which is what made it a good game.

You simply can't have it both ways. And I'd tell you to calm down and read what I'm saying. But of course I didn't get defensive and make a thread trying to revise history literally 5 minutes after a game was over. If Dirk didn't play a "good game"....then there is no way in hell Kobe did. Not by any objective measure. The only way you get that is with a biased opinion like yours.

And Terry did get a lot of his shots off Dirk. Again, stop acting like Kobe is the only player that gets defensive attention. And at least Blake did something in the 2nd half/4th qtr. IIRC Blake made 2 threes in the 4th. Terry didn't do anything.

So again...just pointing out the utter obvious double standards you use and how inconsistent you are even using those double standards. But its expected from someone that admittedly doesn't watch other games and thinks that Dirk doesn't help Terry get great looks. :wtf:

I don't know what you want me to say. I value the importance of 3 less turnovers and 7 assists more than I do making FTs and making clutch shots after you have a horrendous 3 quarters and losing because of it. Dirk played so badly in the first 3 that a great 4th quarter where he took eveyr shot and made like nearly all of them them wasn't enough to win, thats what happens when you turn the ball over and suck at making plays for your teammates when your shot is not falling.

I think kobes game was better than dirks, and blakes was better than kobes and dirks too. Its not an objective statistical measure, its bull shit. 7 assists and 3 turnovers are stats that more than make up for making a lot of free throws (which wasn't enough to win). Again, in my opinion.

Why does it even matter? I think kobe had a better game than dirk because he played well for all 4 quarters, recorded 7 more assists, 3 less turnovers and basically the same efficiency while making all the right plays to WIN the game. Sue me. Why are we still talking about someone that got swept compared to someone who's going for his 6th championship?

RazorBaLade
05-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Really not that ridiculous to say he may have been the 4th most important player tonight. Hell, maybe even the 5th. Gasol was clearly their best, Bynum probably 2nd, then Blake, Kobe, and Artest in no order. You can say Kobe created those shots for Blake, but Blake had to hit him. Going 5/6 from 3 and 7/11 in general on nothing but jumpshots is pretty amazing regardless of how open he was. Both Artest and Kobe played great defense, but Artest pretty much took Danilo Gallinari out of the whole game completely and was the biggest reason Andre Miller shot completely horrible as well.

I don't think anyone is saying Kobe had a bad game. He had a good game. He just didn't have this great game for someone of his standards. He didn't hurt the team, he helped it, but he wasn't anywhere near the best player on the floor.

Its not a big deal, but when a bunch of idiotic fans beforehand claim that he's going to put up 50, or go into "GOD" mode, or at least be the best player on the floor that is going to "carry" this supposedly horrible Laker team, and then nothing even close to that happens, it will be pointed out.

good post, only disagree with the bynum assessment. I thought he had good stats overall but played a poor game, that fg% shows what he really was doing imo. He took a lot of bad shots and didn't seem engaged until the 2nd half. So slow on rotations defensively, just seemingly stood and watched lawson score a few times. I'd have Artest over kobe before I have bynum.

DMAVS41
05-13-2012, 08:47 PM
I don't know what you want me to say. I value the importance of 3 less turnovers and 7 assists more than I do making FTs and making clutch shots after you have a horrendous 3 quarters and losing because of it. Dirk played so badly in the first 3 that a great 4th quarter where he took eveyr shot and made like nearly all of them them wasn't enough to win, thats what happens when you turn the ball over and suck at making plays for your teammates when your shot is not falling.

I think kobes game was better than dirks, and blakes was better than kobes and dirks too. Its not an objective statistical measure, its bull shit. 7 assists and 3 turnovers are stats that more than make up for making a lot of free throws (which wasn't enough to win). Again, in my opinion.

Why does it even matter? I think kobe had a better game than dirk because he played well for all 4 quarters, recorded 7 more assists, 3 less turnovers and basically the same efficiency while making all the right plays to WIN the game. Sue me. Why are we still talking about someone that got swept compared to someone who's going for his 6th championship?

So because you value it more than something objective...you are right? ROFL

Dirk does make plays for his teammates. Holy shit. You can't be serious. Dirk is an extremely unselfish player and has no problem doing what is best for the team unlike Kobe. Wow...I just can't believe you would even go there.

Terry, for example, routinely gets points off the Dirk pick and roll in which Dirk is often doubled without the ball. He does so much to help his teammates its not even funny. Acting like the opposite is true is just laughable.

So lets get this straight. An objective measure on the stats alone graded Dirk's game as around 20% better. Then...that doesn't even do it justice as Dirk scored 11 of the last 13 and gave the Mavs a lead with 2 clutch free throws with 9 seconds left. Far more impressive than the supposed "dagger" Kobe made up 4 after doing nothing of note the entire 2nd half.

So objectively. I'm right. Subjectively I'd say Dirk's game was far better than his stats given what we saw happen.

I want you to say you aren't consistent at all. Because you know you aren't.

And of course you go to the "5 rings" argument. But you already admitted its all about teammates. So which one is it?

Oh, and Dirk laid Kobe to waste the only time in their careers they've played in the playoffs. And Dirk has been at the very least as good as Kobe in the playoffs. Probably better.

****ing ignorant hypocritical Kobe stan. Wake the **** up.

We all know you only care about Kobe and not the Lakers. That is why you are on full on damage control because Kobe needed to get bailed out in yet another game 7. But you have the audacity to trash Gasol...when without him your boy only has 4 titles at most and is going him in the first round this year. Damage control on full alert. LOL...just another huge game in the playoffs in which Kobe is definitely not the leader of his team.