PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant showed great leadership skills by calling out his teammates.

G-Funk
05-13-2012, 04:44 PM
After calling out Gasol & Bynum publicly, they responded really well, with a combined 39/35/7/5

You'd think after 16 seasons he would know better than to throw his teammates under the bus.

Poor leadership, and pretty classless

Exactly. Bynum and Gasol definitely need to be sat down and chewed out. But the media is a bad idea. We all know how quick Bynum throws temper tantrums.

Just another reason I dont Like or Respect this guy..

Poor comments from a supposed leader.

Kobe's comments are going to backfire against him. Gasol, Bynum and the rest of his teammates will be too emtionally damages to play well on Saturday. Bynum and/or Gasol will be shipped out this offseason if the Lakers lose to the Nuggets. It's going to be an interesting offseason.

thats Kome for you..:applause: :applause:

If it works for the team then do it. If not, then don't. It just seems that this Laker team tunes out sometimes when called out.

I wouldn't want to play hard for Kobe either. Work their asses off for absolutely none of the credit. Kobe is a douche even his team hates him. If Kobe was a quarterback he would be dead by now. Because noone gonna block for that douchebag.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_2gzi7FrC92s/TT6iYcyVY2I/AAAAAAAAALA/p4sty1kzVMg/s1600/YOUMAD%253F+%2528oprah%2529.gif

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-13-2012, 04:47 PM
:roll:
5-stars!

:applause:

Mr. Jabbar
05-13-2012, 04:48 PM

coachbe motivational speeches :bowdown:

kurt_rambis
05-13-2012, 04:49 PM
he knows what his bigs need to hear

gtfomyface
05-13-2012, 04:49 PM
who were we going to trust, kobe's judgment or his hater's ? :oldlol:

tpols
05-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Anyone that isnt an idiot could have seen this coming. Gasol came out PUMPED. More fired up than I've ever seen him.

Indian guy
05-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Good thing too. LORD knows he won't show up in a Game 7.

Jimmy2k8
05-13-2012, 04:51 PM
:oldlol:
Look at all the hate Kobe got because he called out his teammates. And then the haters go on to say, "Well Kobe got carried by Bynum and Gasol."
Hilarious.

bleedinpurpleTwo
Kobe SHOULD HAVE pulled an MJ and straight-up bitch-slapped Gasol.
However, a few choice words seemed to have worked nicely.

GoRapz
THE GOAT!!! GAWDBE BRYANT!!!!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Heavincent
Good thing too. LORD knows he won't show up in a Game 7.

5 rings, top 10 player all time

u mad.

G-Funk
05-13-2012, 04:58 PM

blablabla
05-13-2012, 05:01 PM
da gawd:applause:
such a generous and loving leader, he set his teammates up for easy shots all game to boost their confidence instead of just scoring 100 by himself to blow the nuggets out

red1
05-13-2012, 05:04 PM
gasol and bynum both deserved to be called out

G-Funk
05-13-2012, 08:23 PM
bump

Sawbucks23
05-13-2012, 08:26 PM
G-Funk, if the Lakers lost the game then what? Kobe has no help? Poor Kobe playing by himself? Doesn't matter because OKC will take care of business. lol

talkingconch
05-13-2012, 08:32 PM
G-Funk, if the Lakers lost the game then what? Kobe has no help? Poor Kobe playing by himself? Doesn't matter because OKC will take care of business. lol
This guy is lost for words since OP listed his quote :roll:

TheFan
05-13-2012, 08:33 PM
you just posted the first ever f*c*able picture of Oprah...

Congrats...

Sawbucks23
05-13-2012, 08:36 PM
This guy is lost for words since OP listed his quote :roll:

When I talked to G-Funk, I said that calling out your teammates are okay but not in public. If the Lakers would have lost the game, G-Funk would have made a thread crying about how Kobe is the only one playing. After the OKC series, G-Funk will make a thread how Gasol and Bynum should be traded. :facepalm

G-Funk
05-13-2012, 11:14 PM

As long as his teammates came to play I would have been ok. but If they didn't, of course I would've had a problem. Kobe calling them out in public was the right decision.

G-Funk
05-13-2012, 11:19 PM
When I talked to G-Funk, I said that calling out your teammates are okay but not in public. If the Lakers would have lost the game, G-Funk would have made a thread crying about how Kobe is the only one playing. After the OKC series, G-Funk will make a thread how Gasol and Bynum should be traded. :facepalm

:rolleyes:

1st of all, I'm not the one who started the thread bashing Kobe for "throwing his teammates under the bus." 2nd why don't you just admit that you were wrong, you bias little worm? I think your just pissed off...

And as far as the OKC & Laker series go, as long as they come to play I don't care about the outcome, but if they don't play with heart you bet your ass i'm gonna whine about these players playing like little bitches.

KingLeBronJames
05-13-2012, 11:22 PM
They deserved to get called out. They both sucked after game 2.

Flagrant 2
05-13-2012, 11:24 PM
This thread = win :applause:

D-Wade316
05-13-2012, 11:25 PM

:applause:

Bandito
05-13-2012, 11:36 PM
They deserved to get called out. They both sucked after game 2.
And this is a Lebron fan saying it:applause:

See you can be a fan of Lebron without bashing everything Kobe does:roll:

Simple Jack
05-14-2012, 12:15 AM
Narratives seem to rely much more on the result, rather than how it was achieved.

Did Kobe not say anything to fire his team up last year when they got swept? I'm sure he was saying the same shit in the locker room last year to them to at least win a game as he was saying this year to make sure they win the series and advance (for sure at least to Gasol).

Because they won, his leadership is top notch and he said all the right things...but because they lost last year it means.....nothing?

This isn't to say Kobe isn't a great leader because he is but suggesting this series is proof of it when last year wasn't, is just idiotic to me.

The-Legend-24
05-14-2012, 12:16 AM
GOAT Player, GOAT Motivational speaker. :bowdown:

andgar923
05-14-2012, 12:50 AM
Great leadership would've never allowing a game 7 to happen.
Great leadership would've been keeping Bynum in check.

ROFL once again, Kobe fans overrating basic shit.

Kinda reminds me of that old Chris Rock bit about people doing shit they're supposed to do.

"I raise my kids" YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO RAISE YOUR KIDS!!!

DetroitPistonFan
05-14-2012, 12:59 AM

Kinda reminds me of that old Chris Rock bit about people doing shit they're supposed to do.

What's next? Kevin Garnett should've showed leadership in 2008 when the C's got in to game 7's in the first 3 playoff series? That shouldn't happen right? Where was the leadership, KG?

andgar923
05-14-2012, 01:08 AM
What's next? Kevin Garnett should've showed leadership in 2008 when the C's got in to game 7's in the first 3 playoff series? That shouldn't happen right? Where was the leadership, KG?

There's a difference between losing games, and losing control of a team and having players not showing up to play and being disruptive to the team.

guess which player loses control of the team year after year?

Guess which team is constantly having issues?

eliteballer
05-14-2012, 01:34 AM
There's a difference between losing games, and losing control of a team and having players not showing up to play and being disruptive to the team.

Guess which player wins championships year after year?

Guess which team is constantly winning championships?

G-Funk
05-14-2012, 02:10 AM

Kobe

Lakers

???:confusedshrug: Too easy!

FlashDwyaneWade3
05-14-2012, 02:39 AM

I wanna play the guessing game.

It's Carmelo Anthony and the Knicks!

TheBigVeto
05-14-2012, 02:39 AM
It's not leadership, but rather, an insight to the future.

Kobe knew ahead of time he's not going to play well in game 7. So he tried to talk smack to Gasol and Bynum. His logic was, "I know these guys will play better than me in Game 7 and if I mention this to the media ahead of time I will look good". Mission accomplished.

That Kobe the Nostradamus, always got carried on Game 7s.

HorryIsMyMVP
05-14-2012, 02:42 AM
I still stand by my comment. Gasol and Bynum hate Kobe. They stepped up because Magic Johnson was gonna push to blow up the team. It really had nothing to do with a Kobe comment when management is threatening to give you the axe.

Dresta
05-14-2012, 03:00 AM
He did a better job in actually passing the ball and not trying to take every shot for once. Not surprising that in an elimination game even Kobe knows he can't win with Kobe ball.

HorryIsMyMVP
05-14-2012, 03:06 AM
He did a better job in actually passing the ball and not trying to take every shot for once. Not surprising that in an elimination game even Kobe knows he can't win with Kobe ball.
lol he just threw his team under a bus then kept passing it to them. If anything Kobe has no risk here.

RazorBaLade
05-14-2012, 03:13 AM
Narratives seem to rely much more on the result, rather than how it was achieved.

Did Kobe not say anything to fire his team up last year when they got swept? I'm sure he was saying the same shit in the locker room last year to them to at least win a game as he was saying this year to make sure they win the series and advance (for sure at least to Gasol).

Because they won, his leadership is top notch and he said all the right things...but because they lost last year it means.....nothing?

This isn't to say Kobe isn't a great leader because he is but suggesting this series is proof of it when last year wasn't, is just idiotic to me.

Doesn't this kind of thinking mean that there is never any good leadership? If a players team has ever lost, and every player has lost, does that mean he does not have the ability to be a good leader and says all the right things? No matter how many times its worked, just because sometimes it hasnt?

Simple Jack
05-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Doesn't this kind of thinking mean that there is never any good leadership? If a players team has ever lost, and every player has lost, does that mean he does not have the ability to be a good leader and says all the right things? No matter how many times its worked, just because sometimes it hasnt?

No, you misunderstood my point. I'm trying to suggest that a one time thing can't be used as proof. Similar to my stance on players and a single performance...not much should be made about it in the overall analysis of a player. It was what it was.....one game. As this was, what it was....one series; specifically one game.

Using this single game as proof of Kobe's great leadership is silly to me, and my reasoning was something as simple as the result last year against Dallas. In order to see how well Kobe leads teams, I think it would be more wise to take a look at his career, a long one so far, rather than an individual series or game in a 15 year career that either side can use to argue for or against his effectiveness.

LA_Showtime
05-14-2012, 01:24 PM
Kobe's actions spoke louder than his words. He played game seven the right way. He didn't force the issue and he made sure Gasol and Bynum got touches. While he didn't put up video-game numbers, he impacted the game in a lot of different ways.

Of course Kobe should always play the right way, but we all know that doesn't happen. :roll:

Jimmy2k8
05-14-2012, 01:34 PM
The excuses are rolling in now. :oldlol:
Kobe called out his team, then they played well in game 7.

Jimmy2k8
05-14-2012, 01:37 PM
I still stand by my comment. Gasol and Bynum hate Kobe. They stepped up because Magic Johnson was gonna push to blow up the team. It really had nothing to do with a Kobe comment when management is threatening to give you the axe.

If that were the case, wouldn't they have demanded a trade earlier in the season? You must have some inside info on why Gasol and Bynum hate Kobe. I am interested to hear this.

andgar923
05-14-2012, 02:07 PM

Everybody knows that Fisher was the true leader of those teams, and before that it was Shaq.

They also had Phil to contain them.

And besides that, they usually had the best teams.

Kobe was always known to be an introvert, he's known to push teammates aside for his own goals. Not saying that he's never been a leader... he's just not the caliber of leader that people love to portray him as.

Every season there seemed to be some issue with him or the Lakers. FISHER was always the leader on and off the court... not him.

(e)
05-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Kobe knows his team better than anyone, especially anyone on ISH lol.

Some people react well to getting chewed out and called out. Others don't. Obviously Pau and Bynum reacted well to getting called out.

andgar923
05-14-2012, 02:10 PM

EVERYBODY was on them!!!

And it wasn't as tho they were wrong, they themselves knew they didn't play up to par. Gasol has a history of not showing up one game and then play amazing there after, so it's nothing new. I guarantee it will happen again vs the OKC.

So Kobe said some things... yeah... so did everybody else in the media and the organization, they (Laker players) usually tune out Kobe anyway. They don't respect him, they're always throwing shots at him, specially Bynum.

32jazz
05-14-2012, 02:35 PM
EVERYBODY was on them!!!

And it wasn't as tho they were wrong, they themselves knew they didny't play up to par. Gasol has a history of not showing up one game and then play amazing there after, so it's nothing new. I guarantee it will happen again vs the OKC.

So Kobe said some things... yeah... so did everybody else in the media and the organization, they (Laker players) usually tune out Kobe anyway. They don't respect him, they're always throwing shots at him, specially Bynum.

So you personally know Kobe is tuned out by his teammates & they only listen to others in the media/fans,etc.....instead?:facepalm

Stop with the idiocy & bizarre obssessive hate for a man you don't know.

andgar923
05-14-2012, 02:40 PM
So you personally know Kobe is tuned out by his teammates & they only listen to others in the media/fans,etc.....instead?:facepalm

Is it so hard to figure this out?

they've publicly thrown darts at him. They've become disengaged when he's got on them during games, they've even ignored him on the court from time to time (specially Bynum).

How is that obsessive hate?

It's simply point out to some of you morons what most of us (non Kobe stans) see.

Or are we gonna pretend that Kobe is this great leader and the Lakers have always been fine and dandy. It's been reported repeatedly that Fisher was the leader, and Phil had to reign Kobe and the others in time and time again. But of course... none of that matters, because Kobe has GOAT leadership skills.

HorryIsMyMVP
05-14-2012, 02:53 PM

I believe that Gasol/ Bynum resent Kobe because they do all the work and Kobe gets all the credit. They stepped up because their bosses aka the Buss family and Magic Johnson, wanted to fire their ass.

andgar923
05-14-2012, 03:04 PM
I believe that Gasol/ Bynum resent Kobe because they do all the work and Kobe gets all the credit. They stepped up because their bosses aka the Buss family and Magic Johnson, wanted to fire their ass.

And maybe it's not even all that complicated.

They still have 'pride' as players.

Nobody wants to suck, so even if they didn't get called out, naturally they'd wanna come back and perform better then they did the previous game. These are pro all star quality players.

Now... I'm also not saying Kobe isn't a leader of the Lakers. Just not to the level that some of his fans make him out to be. Not the degree that he gets praised for.

Teanett
05-14-2012, 03:28 PM
http://j.wigflip.com/7JONPrte/roflbot.jpg

Nick Young
05-14-2012, 03:55 PM

coachbe motivational speeches :bowdown:
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

ILLsmak
05-14-2012, 03:58 PM
You guys forget they should have swept the Nuggets?

Just saying...

-Smak

KenneBell
05-14-2012, 04:05 PM
Kobe knows his team better than ISH trolls and idiots? Ya don't say...

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-14-2012, 04:20 PM
EVERYBODY was on them!!!

And it wasn't as tho they were wrong, they themselves knew they didny't play up to par. Gasol has a history of not showing up one game and then play amazing there after, so it's nothing new. I guarantee it will happen again vs the OKC.

I'm no Kobe fan, but c'mon son. :oldlol: Can you be more biased?

Heavincent
05-14-2012, 04:24 PM
Is it so hard to figure this out?

they've publicly thrown darts at him. They've become disengaged when he's got on them during games, they've even ignored him on the court from time to time (specially Bynum).

How is that obsessive hate?

It's simply point out to some of you morons what most of us (non Kobe stans) see.

Or are we gonna pretend that Kobe is this great leader and the Lakers have always been fine and dandy. It's been reported repeatedly that Fisher was the leader, and Phil had to reign Kobe and the others in time and time again. But of course... none of that matters, because Kobe has GOAT leadership skills.

Your posts about Kobe are just embarrassing.

Remix
05-14-2012, 05:37 PM
andgar is a fking idiot.

andgar923
05-14-2012, 05:46 PM
Funny how all people ever manage to do is attack me, and not prove me wrong.

Fisher has been mentioned as the leader repeatedly.
Both Bynum and Gasol have taken shots at Kobe and have undermined his leadership on and off the court.
Phil has had many issues with Kobe

Non of this can be disputed.

And I also mentioned that yeah... he's a leader, but he's not the leader Kobe retards make him out to be. He's not on a Magic, Bird, MJ, or other greats like they would love people to believe.

Go ahead tho, attack me all ya'll want, Kobe is still (as usual) overrated as a leader just how he is in almost everything.

Remix
05-14-2012, 05:49 PM
cuz i'm sure all the in-game hugs and head rubs kobe and pau do are out of hate

tpols
05-14-2012, 05:51 PM

Both Bynum and Gasol have taken shots at Kobe and have undermined his leadership on and off the court.

And I also mentioned that yeah... he's a leader, but he's not the leader Kobe retards make him out to be. He's not on a Magic, Bird, MJ, or other greats like they would love people to believe.

Go ahead tho, attack me all ya'll want, Kobe is still (as usual) overrated as a leader just how he is in almost everything.
All of your posts are opinions.:oldlol:

Derrick Fisher was always the leader.
Shaq was always the leader(LOL).
Bynum and Gasol hate Kobe.
Phil hates Kobe.

I could simply say:
Derek Fisher AND Kobe were in charge of leading the team.
Bynum and Gasol have fine relationships with Kobe.
Shaq was a shit leader and set a terrible example.
Phil has just as many huge praise quotes on Kobe as he does bad ones.

None of the shit you say.. really means anything. You say it like it's the truth and the word, but it's really just.. you talking. Nothing more.

tpols
05-14-2012, 05:52 PM
cuz i'm sure all the in-game hugs and head rubs kobe and pau do are out of hate
All fake.:oldlol:

BlueandGold
05-14-2012, 05:52 PM

So your comparing Kobe's role to the team to a father raising his children?

I guess you now see his importance to the team. I guess it's Kobe's responsibility to keep everyone on that team in check, even the coach/assistant coaches. GOAT player/GM/coach

andgar923
05-14-2012, 05:53 PM
All of your posts are opinions.:oldlol:

Derrick Fisher was always the leader.
Shaq was always the leader(LOL).
Bynum and Gasol hate Kobe.
Phil hates Kobe.

I could simply say:
Derek Fisher AND Kobe were in charge of leading the team.
Bynum and Gasol have fine relationships with Kobe.
Shaq was a shit leader and set a terrible example.
Phil has just as many huge praise quotes on Kobe as he does bad ones.

None of the shit you say.. really means anything. You say it like it's the truth and the word, but it's really just.. you talking. Nothing more.

Opinions?

What I posted are FACTS.

tpols
05-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Opinions?

What I posted are FACTS.
ROFL.

Ok.. no hope.

andgar923
05-14-2012, 05:55 PM
ROFL.

Ok.. no hope.
:roll: you denying what I posted.

BlueandGold
05-14-2012, 05:57 PM
:roll: you denying what I posted.
lol if he didn't do it i would question his credibility as a poster, the majority of all of your posts are garbage posts about kobe. Actually post something about basketball knowledge and I might take you seriously.

BTW being skeptical on whether or not a poster is just talking out of his ass or if what he says is actually true is not called denial, it's called having the ability to reason.

andgar923
05-14-2012, 05:59 PM
lol if he didn't do it i would question his credibility as a poster, the majority of all of your posts are garbage posts about kobe. Actually post something about basketball knowledge and I might take you seriously.

BTW being skeptical on whether or not a poster is just talking out of his ass or if what he says is actually true is not called denial, it's called having the ability to reason.

Prove me wrong.

Heavincent
05-14-2012, 05:59 PM

Prove it.

andgar923
05-14-2012, 06:02 PM
Prove it.

Seriously?

Where have you been hiding all these years?

Is there even any doubt that what I posted isn't' general knowledge?

Heavincent
05-14-2012, 06:07 PM

Seriously?

Prove it. Provide me with links. Put up or shut up.

Phil Jackson had a problem with Kobe in the early 2000's, but didn't have any problem with him after coming back in 05. But the rest of your post? It's just your typical obsessive and unreasonable hatred of Kobe.

BlueandGold
05-14-2012, 06:13 PM

Seriously?

lol do you not get it when someone is making fun of you either? He's just parodying exactly what you just said :oldlol: . The point is that you don't respond with a real answer, only questions that make no sense or change the topic.

Either way I can see why the respectable posters on here don't really have much dialogue with you.

andgar923
05-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Prove it. Provide me with links. Put up or shut up.

Phil Jackson had a problem with Kobe in the early 2000's, but didn't have any problem with him after coming back in 05. But the rest of your post? It's just your typical obsessive and unreasonable hatred of Kobe.

Hatred for Kobe?

:no:

More like Hatred for his idiotic and delusional fans.:applause:

I find it cute that people are now forgetting Gasol's subtle (not so subtle) jabs at Kobe.

As far as Phil not having an issue with Kobe after the early 2k.... he's gone on record that he's made mistakes. Afterwards he just said f*ck it and didn't say shit on public, although he'd throw in a jab here and there. But his reactions on the sideline at times were clearly a sign of frustration at Kobe. And Phil has been consistent at referring to Fish as the person that kept shit together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE_BBvJj_PI

"That's one of the many things he did for his team," Brown said of Fisher's leadership. "Overall, myself, the coaching staff, Kobe [Bryant], the rest of the players, we're all professionals. We all know to do whatever it takes to win."

It remains to be seen if that will actually work.

Bryant still assumes his co-captain position and leads through his talent and work ethic. But he doesn't have the personality and patience to assuage his teammates' frustration level. Pau Gasol has assumed the co-captain role, but he always defers to Bryant and doesn't have the same willingness to challenge Bryant as Fisher did. General Manager Mitch Kupchak argued that Brown will take a larger leadership role, but players have already shown this season that the new Lakers' coach has hardly earned their trust. Bynum has progressed as a player, but episodes like his ejection shows he hardly has the maturity and locker-room clout in providing leadership.

http://www.businessinsider.com/pau-gasol-and-phil-jackson-take-shots-at-kobe-bryant-2011-1

Do we need to get into Bynum?

I've mentioned before that the Lakers' 'inconsistency' is due to lack of leadership. And we would see that repeatedly during the years, as they'd struggle vs bad teams, go on losing streaks, etc.etc.

Kobe is the Lakers' 'best' player, and he's the team co-captain along with Pau by default. But he isn't the great leader Kobe fans make him out to be.

A leader at times? sure.

Not THE leader some portray him as and try to shove down our throats.

I could post more links and quotes, but I won't waste my time. Kobe fans will find a way to discredit them or spin them so why bother.

Heavincent
05-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Hatred for Kobe?

:no:

More like Hatred for his idiotic and delusional fans.:applause:

I find it cute that people are now forgetting Gasol's subtle (not so subtle) jabs at Kobe.

As far as Phil not having an issue with Kobe after the early 2k.... he's gone on record that he's made mistakes. Afterwards he just said f*ck it and didn't say shit on public, although he'd throw in a jab here and there. But his reactions on the sideline at times were clearly a sign of frustration at Kobe. And Phil has been consistent at referring to Fish as the person that kept shit together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE_BBvJj_PI

http://www.businessinsider.com/pau-gasol-and-phil-jackson-take-shots-at-kobe-bryant-2011-1

Do we need to get into Bynum?

I've mentioned before that the Lakers' 'inconsistency' is due to lack of leadership. And we would see that repeatedly during the years, as they'd struggle vs bad teams, go on losing streaks, etc.etc.

Kobe is the Lakers' 'best' player, and he's the team co-captain along with Pau by default. But he isn't the great leader Kobe fans make him out to be.

A leader at times? sure.

Not THE leader some portray him as and try to shove down our throats.

I could post more links and quotes, but I won't waste my time. Kobe fans will find a way to discredit them or spin them so why bother.

Nobody's denying that Fisher was one of the leaders. It's just that you're underrating/diminishing Kobe, as usual.

And you've still yet to show me any proof of Pau and Bynum taking jabs at Kobe.

And by the way, you clearly don't like Kobe. No reasonable basketball would say that his championship runs in 09 and 10 "weren't all that impressive", or "Kobe is definitely not a top 10 player of all time". It's just time for you to start accepting reality.

andgar923
05-14-2012, 07:11 PM
Nobody's denying that Fisher was one of the leaders. It's just that you're underrating/diminishing Kobe, as usual.

And you've still yet to show me any proof of Pau and Bynum taking jabs at Kobe.

And by the way, you clearly don't like Kobe. No reasonable basketball would say that his championship runs in 09 and 10 "weren't all that impressive", or "Kobe is definitely not a top 10 player of all time". It's just time for you to start accepting reality.

Diminishing Kobe?

Howabout YOU f@gs are overrating him as usual and undermining others along the process?

Did I mention that he was the team's captain? YES
Did I mention that he was also a team leader? YES

But Fisher had a bigger role as their leader than Kobe did.... plain and simple. He intervened between Kobe and the staff, Kobe and the players, the players and the staff, etc.etc. When there's beef or issues, it's Fisher more times than often that stepped up as the leader. I'm sure Kobe did from time to time, but not to the same capacity or to the capacity that YOU f#gs love to *** about.

:rolleyes: Pau and Bynum not taking shots at Kobe. Did you skip some of the links?

Kobe ISN'T a top 10 player of all time, not that hard to grasp, nor is it unconceivable that some would state something like that.

And yeah... Kobe's performances have been good, but some make him out to be Jordanesque when they're not. Other players have performed as good if not better but all we hear from his fan base is how he's the only one.

And did I lie on what would happen?

Ya'll are too predictable.... keep living in your bubble.

Kobe isn't the great leader that can be compared to some of the legends, nor is he a top 10 player. And his Finals performances, game 7 performances, 4th quarter performances (as have been noted) aren't as impressive as his fans make them out to be (kinda sub par on 'most' cases.. as mentioned, all have been documented as FACTS).

G-Funk
05-14-2012, 07:24 PM
Opinions?

What I posted are FACTS.:facepalm

RazorBaLade
05-14-2012, 07:26 PM
No, you misunderstood my point. I'm trying to suggest that a one time thing can't be used as proof. Similar to my stance on players and a single performance...not much should be made about it in the overall analysis of a player. It was what it was.....one game. As this was, what it was....one series; specifically one game.

Using this single game as proof of Kobe's great leadership is silly to me, and my reasoning was something as simple as the result last year against Dallas. In order to see how well Kobe leads teams, I think it would be more wise to take a look at his career, a long one so far, rather than an individual series or game in a 15 year career that either side can use to argue for or against his effectiveness.

Ah got ya. Yeah, no doubt there that seriously no one should go OK, THAT GAME did it for me, hes clearly a good leader. Stupid to do it from one game.

RazorBaLade
05-14-2012, 07:27 PM
Diminishing Kobe?

Howabout YOU f@gs are overrating him as usual and undermining others along the process?

But Fisher had a bigger role as their leader than Kobe did.... plain and simple. He intervened between Kobe and the staff, Kobe and the players, the players and the staff, etc.etc. When there's beef or issues, it's Fisher more times than often that stepped up as the leader. I'm sure Kobe did from time to time, but not to the same capacity or to the capacity that YOU f#gs love to *** about.

:rolleyes: Pau and Bynum not taking shots at Kobe. Did you skip some of the links?

Kobe ISN'T a top 10 player of all time, not that hard to grasp, nor is it unconceivable that some would state something like that.

And yeah... Kobe's performances have been good, but some make him out to be Jordanesque when they're not. Other players have performed as good if not better but all we hear from his fan base is how he's the only one.

Kobe isn't the great leader that can be compared to some of the legends, nor is he a top 10 player. And his Finals performances, game 7 performances, 4th quarter performances (as have been noted) aren't as impressive as his fans make them out to be (kinda sub par on 'most' cases.. as mentioned, all have been documented as FACTS).

do u even root for anyone? why are u here?

bmulls
05-15-2012, 12:12 AM
Kobe System:

Inspire teammmates
Get blown out by 30 points

You're welcome.

Heavincent
05-15-2012, 12:16 AM
Diminishing Kobe?

Your posts are just laughable. Not worth arguing with you.

TheBigVeto
05-16-2012, 03:48 AM
Diminishing Kobe?

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Quickening
05-16-2012, 04:22 AM
Kobe System:

Inspire teammmates
Get blown out by 30 points

You're welcome.

andgar923
05-16-2012, 09:46 AM
Kobe fans as usual, have nothing better to say when presented with FACTS.

They challenged me like the morons they are, and I delivered with quotes and links.

They acted as if common knowledge didn't exist, because oh no, Kobe's never been called out!

Oh no, Fisher wasn't the main leader of the team!

Oh no, Phil never called out Kobe!

Then come the excuses, the spinning, the name calling... oh and the smileys.

Why would anybody hate them? aside from the lying, the spinning, the hypocrisy, the ranting, the crying, the blaming, the re-writing of history, I mean... there's no reason to hate them at all!

Kobe 81 pts 5 rings... you mad?

SwayDizzle
05-16-2012, 09:49 AM

They challenged me like the morons they are, and I delivered with quotes and links.

They acted as if common knowledge didn't exist, because oh no, Kobe's never been called out!

Why would anybody hate them? aside from the lying, the spinning, the hypocrisy, the ranting, the crying, the blaming, the re-writing of history, I mean... there's no reason to hate them at all!

Why u so mad though?

andgar923
05-16-2012, 09:50 AM
Why u so mad though?

See what I mean.:facepalm

32jazz
05-16-2012, 09:52 AM

Yes, 'Why would anybody hate them'?:confusedshrug:

Why the hell would you spend your time or life consumed with hate for people you don't know? Bizzarre.

swi7ch
05-16-2012, 09:58 AM
He's just trying to copy Jordan.

Jordan did the same all the time. Google for famous Michael Jordan quotes. He repeatedly says that "he's playing with scrubs" after a big loss and tells his teammates publicly not to pass the ball to Longley on a fastbreak situation.

Many more examples like this and more severe than Kobe's. I understand this is shocking to most of you since a lot of you recently just started watching basketball but Jordan did this first on a much bigger scale.

Example of quotes:
* http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209482
* http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4553997&postcount=8

andgar923
05-16-2012, 10:17 AM
He's just trying to copy Jordan.

Jordan did the same all the time. Google for famous Michael Jordan quotes. He repeatedly says that "he's playing with scrubs" after a big loss and tells his teammates publicly not to pass the ball to Longley on a fastbreak situation.

Many more examples like this and more severe than Kobe's. I understand this is shocking to most of you since a lot of you recently just started watching basketball but Jordan did this first on a much bigger scale.

Example of quotes:
* http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209482
* http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4553997&postcount=8

Main difference being, MJ was in charge of his team.

They feared and respected him. Not so sure about the Laker players

andgar923
05-16-2012, 10:18 AM
Yes, 'Why would anybody hate them'?:confusedshrug:

Why the hell would you spend your time or life consumed with hate for people you don't know? Bizzarre.
this fool.:facepalm

Doranku
05-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Main difference being, MJ was in charge of his team.

They feared and respected him. Not so sure about the Laker players

My God dude, calm down. Why can't you just appreciate Kobe for the player he is instead of arguing about how overrated he is all the time?

Most Kobe fans admit MJ is the GOAT, why can't you just admit that Kobe is an all-time great and leave it at that instead of engaging in all of this senseless arguing?

andgar923
05-16-2012, 10:34 AM
My God dude, calm down. Why can't you just appreciate Kobe for the player he is instead of arguing about how overrated he is all the time?

Most Kobe fans admit MJ is the GOAT, why can't you just admit that Kobe is an all-time great and leave it at that instead of engaging in all of this senseless arguing?

I never said he wasn't an all time great, and I also never gave him his props.

Kobe fans are the issue here.

If his fans didn't make dozens of threads and posts full of idiocy, or roam the streets of L.A. spewing non-sense, then my posts would be completely different.

Tough.