PDA

View Full Version : TOP 5 SG's Next Year

anthonyRandolph
05-15-2012, 12:28 AM
Give them in order please, strictly predictions and excuse my homerism.
1. Eric Gordon
2. Dwyane Wade
3. James Harden
4. Kobe Bryant
5. Monta Ellis

I honestly think Wade will be better and Gordon at 2/3 is interchangeable.

EnoughSaid
05-15-2012, 12:29 AM
:wtf: Wade and Kobe are still 1 and 2 and interchangeable.

Clippersfan86
05-15-2012, 12:31 AM
1. Wade
2. Kobe
3. Gordon
4. Ginobili
5. Harden

28renyoy
05-15-2012, 12:33 AM
The best or the best statistically?

The best will be

1. Wade
2. Harden
3. Kobe
4. Manu
5. Gordon/George

D-Wade316
05-15-2012, 12:33 AM
1. Wade
2. Harden
3. Ginobli
4. Kobe
5. Gordon

EnoughSaid
05-15-2012, 12:34 AM
Wade will have a good offseason to relax and get fit. He'll come back strong next season. Needs to work on that jumper though!

qrich
05-15-2012, 12:34 AM
1] Wade
2] Gordon
3] Kobe
4] Harden
5] Turner :D

chips93
05-15-2012, 12:36 AM
eric gordon played 9 games this year

lets relax on the expectations a little

anthonyRandolph
05-15-2012, 12:38 AM

He averaged 22, the year before this when he wasn't hurt. I don't know Kobe wasn't the same Kobe this year yeah he was among league leaders in scoring, but shooting 43%. I can't realistically believe he's getting better...so

LoneyROY7
05-15-2012, 12:40 AM

F*ck it. Gotta break the ban momentarily for my boy.

Anyways, when Gordon returned at the end of the season, he was as explosive as ever.

Next season, I expect him to flat out beast on the league.

chips93
05-15-2012, 12:40 AM
He averaged 22, the year before this when he wasn't hurt. I don't know Kobe wasn't the same Kobe this year yeah he was among league leaders in scoring, but shooting 43%. I can't realistically believe he's getting better...so

i get all that, but with the injury history, im not sold yet

hope he gets there, to an all-star level though, ive loved him since he was at indiana

lbj23clutch
05-15-2012, 12:42 AM
I hope EJ can stay healthy. Dude has scary potential. Reminds me of a smaller young D-Wade with a better jump shot. His explosiveness is underrated. One of my favorite players to watch back when he was in LA.

MASH Transit
05-15-2012, 12:43 AM
1. Dwayne Wade
2. James Harden
3. Manu Ginobli
4. Kobe Bryant
5. Joe Johnson
6. Eric Gordon
7. Monta Ellis
8. Kawhi Leonard
9. Paul George
10. Gordon Hayward

LoneyROY7
05-15-2012, 12:43 AM
1. Dwayne Wade
2. James Harden
3. Manu Ginobli
4. Kobe Bryant
5. Joe Johnson
6. Eric Gordon
7. Monta Ellis
8. Kawhi Leonard
9. Paul George
10. Gordon Hayward

Awful list.

EnoughSaid
05-15-2012, 12:44 AM
EJ is a beast no doubt. Hopefully he could take the league over next year and make his first All-Star team. :rockon:

G-train
05-15-2012, 12:45 AM
Wade
Bryant
Manu
JJ
Harden

BankShot
Prediction:

Harden has an awesome post-season, but in the end Ginobli reminds us how he's definitely an elite shooting guard with his playmaking, shooting, and defense.

No disrespect to Harden (who obviously is or should be molding his game after Ginobli's strengths).... but he's not quite there yet.

MASH Transit
Awful list.

I'm up for a laugh; explain.

Stern
EJ and Davis will lead the Hornets to the playoffs next season. :rockon:

LoneyROY7
05-15-2012, 12:47 AM
I'm up for a laugh; explain.

If you honestly believe Joe Johnson and a 35 year old Manu Ginobli will be better then Gordon (who will be "the man" in New Orleans), then I don't have much to discuss with you.

BankShot
05-15-2012, 12:49 AM

The West will be tough to crack the Top-8

(barring major injuries, and major trades/rebuilds)

Definite: Thunder/Lakers/Spurs/Clippers
Likely: Grizzlies/Nuggets/Mavs/Jazz

That leaves the Hornets (Gordon/Davis) fighting with Portland, Minnesota, and Houston to have the chance of overtaking a solid team in the playoffs.

Hope is good.... but I see it as extremely unlikely.

BankShot
05-15-2012, 12:51 AM
If you honestly believe Joe Johnson and a 35 year old Manu Ginobli will be better then Gordon (who will be "the man" in New Orleans), then I don't have much to discuss with you.

Depends on if you're looking at pure statistical production, or actual on-court impact and versatility.

Of course a Sixth-Man Manu won't be putting up the numbers that a hopefully-healthy Gordon will be producing as "The Man" on a bad team.... but that doesn't mean he's a better 2-man.

anthonyRandolph
05-15-2012, 12:52 AM
The West will be tough to crack the Top-8

(barring major injuries, and major trades/rebuilds)

Definite: Thunder/Lakers/Spurs/Clippers
Likely: Grizzlies/Nuggets/Mavs/Jazz

That leaves the Hornets (Gordon/Davis) fighting with Portland, Minnesota, and Houston to have the chance of overtaking a solid team in the playoffs.

Hope is good.... but I see it as extremely unlikely.
Hornets beat all those teams this year, not that it means much but with a very undermaned roster and all starters hurt at one point. 7-2 With Gordon in the line up beating Memphis, Nugs, Rockets, Jazz him a lone makes a big difference. Also be on the look out for AMINU next year :pimp:

joshwake
05-15-2012, 12:53 AM
Awful list.
eh? its a pretty good list imo.

anthonyRandolph
Wouldn't even waste my time.

anthonyRandolph
:applause:

LoneyROY7
Depends on if you're looking at pure statistical production, or actual on-court impact and versatility.

Of course a Sixth-Man Manu won't be putting up the numbers that a hopefully-healthy Gordon will be producing as "The Man" on a bad team.... but that doesn't mean he's a better 2-man.

The Hornets defeated Memphis, Utah, Phoenix, Denver, and Houston at the end of the season (Phoenix was season-opener) with Gordon, while they were fighting for their playoff lives.

I can guarantee you the Hornets won't be a bad team. Monty Williams is a fantastic coach, with some of the better defensive schemes in the league.

LoneyROY7
05-15-2012, 12:54 AM
Hornets beat all those teams this year, not that it means much but with a very undermaned roster and all starters hurt at one point. 7-2 With Gordon in the line up beating Memphis, Nugs, Rockets, Jazz him a lone makes a big difference. Also be on the look out for AMINU next year :pimp:

Hah, you beat me to it, bro. Good ISH. :pimp:

G-train
05-15-2012, 12:54 AM

So because he is the man he is a better player?
Not yet. Maybe in 13/14. He simply isn't as good as those 2 guys.

anthonyRandolph
05-15-2012, 12:55 AM
The Hornets defeated Memphis, Utah, Phoenix, Denver, and Houston at the end of the season with Gordon, while they were each fighting for their playoff lives.

I can guarantee you the Hornets won't be a bad team. Monty Williams is a fantastic coach, with some of the better defensive schemes in the league.
Top 8 defense this year, with more talent it's going to be amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnlwu8C3jqc

Gordon had his way with the Jazz.

LoneyROY7
05-15-2012, 12:56 AM

Gordon was straight filthy.

People who haven't seen much of EJ recently should REALLY watch those highlights.

LoneyROY7
05-15-2012, 12:58 AM
So because he is the man he is a better player?
Not yet. Maybe in 13/14. He simply isn't as good as those 2 guys.

You simply don't understand basketball if you think Gordon wouldn't have made Atlanta better if he was on Hawks rather then Joe Johnson. Gordon is a far more talented player.

Please watch the highlights AR posted to see what I mean.

chips93
05-15-2012, 01:01 AM
Gordon was straight filthy.

People who haven't seen much of EJ recently should REALLY watch those highlights.

from the bits i saw of him this year, hes really come a long way in terms of ball handling/pick and roll play/creating

his shooting form is ugly as fvck though :lol

LoneyROY7
05-15-2012, 01:02 AM
from the bits i saw of him this year, hes really come a long way in terms of ball handling/pick and roll play/creating

his shooting form is ugly as fvck though :lol

His shooting release is just lower then most. His form other then that is great...and he has a lightning quick release.

G-train
05-15-2012, 01:07 AM
You simply don't understand basketball if you think Gordon wouldn't have made Atlanta better if he was on Hawks rather then Joe Johnson. Gordon is a far more talented player.

Please watch the highlights AR posted to see what I mean.

Ok talent = better player now too.
JJ would drop mega stats with that team.
Maybe in a few decades you will reach my basketball understanding. Maybe.

G-train
05-15-2012, 01:10 AM

Seen JJ do that numerous times against better D than Hayward and the Jazz in that clip.

anthonyRandolph
05-15-2012, 01:10 AM
:biggums: No he wouldn't. They shoot around the same amount per game, and Johnsons usage percentage was around 27% which is very high. If anything his numbers would go down, at least his %.

chips93
05-15-2012, 01:12 AM

JJ had several years of terrible teammates, just like gordon had this year

he averaged more ppg than gordon ONCE in that span

you're saying that 30 yr joe johnson could do better than 25 joe johnson did?

LoneyROY7
05-15-2012, 01:13 AM

:facepalm

Joe Johnson isn't dropping "mega" stats on any team.

Joe Johnson averaged 15.5 shots per game this season. Eric Gordon averaged 15.6 shots per game. So don't act as if it has anything to do with the amount of shots Gordon is given as opposed to Johnson.

Gordon is much quicker, much more athletic, and is one of the best guards in the league at getting to the basket. I can't remember the last time Joe Johnson got all the way to the rim without settling for a step-back jumper.

MASH Transit
05-15-2012, 01:22 AM

To this point in his career Gordon has never been better than either Manu or JJ, and given his injury and the uncertainty of how we'll he'll play coming off it, there's no valid justification for placing him any higher than I have him. Especially over well established stars at the position with consistent years of top 5 SG play.

LoneyROY7
05-15-2012, 01:25 AM
To this point in his career Gordon has never been better than either Manu or JJ, and given his injury and the uncertainty of how we'll he'll play coming off it, there's no valid justification for placing him any higher than I have him. Especially over well established stars at the position with consistent years of top 5 SG play.

Like I said earlier, when Gordon returned at the end of the season, he was as explosive as ever.

These highlights of Gordon against Utah at the end of season are Exhibit A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnlwu8C3jqc

MASH Transit
05-15-2012, 01:31 AM
Like I said earlier, when Gordon returned at the end of the season, he was as explosive as ever.

These highlights of Gordon against Utah at the end of season are Exhibit A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnlwu8C3jqc

Yes; a few games with months of rest prior to the return. How will he fare for an entire 82 games?

In any case; my point still stands. He's never been better than Manu or JJ, I have little reason to assume he'll be better next season.

LoneyROY7
05-15-2012, 01:32 AM
Yes; a few games with months of rest prior to the return. How will he fare for an entire 82 games?

In any case; my point still stands. He's never been better than Manu or JJ, I have little reason to assume he'll be better next season.

Because he is a younger and more talented player then both; that's what would validate that kind of assumption.

And if that is your stance, how do you validate James Harden as the 2nd best? He has never been better than Manu or JJ by your definition either. He's been an efficient 3rd option off the bench.

MASH Transit
05-15-2012, 01:59 AM
Because he is a younger and more talented player then both; that's what would validate that kind of assumption.

I question your credibility if you honestly believe Gordon to be more talented than Manu. That's an absolute joke.

And if that is your stance, how do you validate James Harden as the 2nd best? He has never been better than Manu or JJ by your definition either. He's been an efficient 3rd option off the bench.

James Harden was better than Manu and JJ this season. He was quite clearly the third best SG in the league, posting 17/4/4/49fg%/66ts%; one of the most efficient seasons for a two guard in the history of the league.

LoneyROY7
05-15-2012, 02:07 AM
I question your credibility if you honestly believe Gordon to be more talented than Manu. That's an absolute joke.

James Harden was better than Manu and JJ this season. He was quite clearly the third best SG in the league, posting 17/4/4/49fg%/66ts%; one of the most efficient seasons for a two guard in the history of the league.

Gordon is more athletic, quicker, and more effective at attacking the rim then Manu. Of course this is due to Manu getting older, not an indictment of him as a talent.

Now, your argument of Manu and JJ over Gordon concluded with, "...Especially over well established stars at the position with consistent years of top 5 SG play."

So despite established stars like Manu and JJ playing at a top 5 SG level consistently for a number of years, Harden is better because he put up one season of 17/4/4 on 49 percent shooting?

Seems like either OKC homerism, or a faulty initial argument.

tikay0
05-15-2012, 02:22 AM
How can gordon be the man in NO when hes coming to the bulls. :pimp:

LoneyROY7
05-15-2012, 02:24 AM
How can gordon be the man in NO when hes coming to the bulls. :pimp:

Man, that sure would be something if the Bulls were to grab EJ.

Gordon takes control of the team while Rose rehabs his knee, and then when Rose is ready to return...the best back-court in the league is born.

It's pretty unlikely though.

anthonyRandolph
05-15-2012, 02:29 AM
Emeka Okafor for Rose(Bulls give up on Roses' rehab), and the Bulls start Boozer at the SF position shocking the league.

tikay0
05-15-2012, 02:30 AM
Man, that sure would be something if the Bulls were to grab EJ.

Gordon takes control of the team while Rose rehabs his knee, and then when Rose is ready to return...the best back-court in the league is born.

It's pretty unlikely though.

Their both close with one another. It could happen, but most likely cant. Man, id love gordon on this team.

tikay0
05-15-2012, 02:32 AM
Emeka Okafor for Rose(Bulls give up on Roses' rehab), and the Bulls start Boozer at the SF position shocking the league.

Then a couple months later, the hornets have the best record in the league, and we see a bunch or rose/gordon highlights on sportscenter.

LoneyROY7
05-15-2012, 02:32 AM

ROFL.

In all seriousness, maybe if the Hornets were willing to sign and trade Gordon for Deng and Omer (I could see NO contemplating this, because they could then draft Bradley Beal).

anthonyRandolph
05-15-2012, 02:34 AM
ROFL.

In all seriousness, maybe if the Bulls were willing to sign and trade Gordon for Deng and Omer (I could see NO contemplating this, because they could then draft Bradley Beal).
and their first round pick, then we'd be in business. Resign Landry, draft lillard. Resign Kaman

Lillard
Beal
Deng
Landry/Okafor
Kaman

6th man: Quincy Miller

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/006/151/tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

tikay0
05-15-2012, 02:35 AM
ROFL.

In all seriousness, maybe if the Hornets were willing to sign and trade Gordon for Deng and Omer (I could see NO contemplating this, because they could then draft Bradley Beal).

Omfg would do that in a heart beat. Sadly, the hornets gm would laugh his ass off and hang up the phone.

LoneyROY7
05-15-2012, 02:35 AM
and their first round pick, then we'd be in business. Resign Landry, draft lillard.

Lillard
Beal
Deng
Landry
Kaman

6th man: Quincy Miller

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/006/151/tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

I could certainly see a reason for both sides to make that deal.

LoneyROY7
05-15-2012, 02:37 AM
Omfg would do that in a heart beat. Sadly, the hornets gm would laugh his ass off and hang up the phone.

I don't know...Deng is an all-star SF and Omer is a big, defensive center with potential. Maybe switch out Omer with Gibson or Noah (although I know Bulls' fans love Joakim).

tikay0
05-15-2012, 02:41 AM
I don't know...Deng is an all-star SF and Omer is a big, defensive center with potential. Maybe switch out Omer with Gibson.

Gordon is the type of player you can build your franchise around. Deng and a role playing big man aint gonna cut it. Your essentially giving up 1 contract for 2, but their wore players. Makes no sense unless you want to let go of those 2 contracts the next yer and rebuild from scratch, but would be pointless, since you already have a player thats super young and has superstar potential.

LoneyROY7
05-15-2012, 02:43 AM
Gordon is the type of player you can build your franchise around. Deng and a role playing big man aint gonna cut it. Your essentially giving up 1 contract for 2, but their wore players. Makes no sense unless you want to let go of those 2 contracts the next yer and rebuild from scratch, but would be pointless, since you already have a player thats super young and has superstar potential.

I'm not saying New Orleans would necessarily do it (they probably wouldn't)...just throwing it out there.

A newly maxed Gordon and Okafor for Deng, Noah, Gibson, and a draft pick?

anthonyRandolph
05-15-2012, 02:47 AM
I think a team with that roster could sneak into the 6 spot, nice mix of youth and veterans.

tikay0
05-15-2012, 02:48 AM
I'm not saying New Orleans would necessarily do it (they probably wouldn't)...just throwing it out there.

A newly maxed Gordon and Okafor for Deng, Noah, Gibson, and a draft pick?

The problem with that is boozer's atrocious ass isnt reliable on defense, so the bulls would never give up taj/omer with noah, unless we're talking dwight howard. Smh, boozer ruins everything. But besides that, that trade just rapes the crap out of our front court.

LoneyROY7
05-15-2012, 02:49 AM
I think a team with that roster could sneak into the 6 spot, nice mix of youth and veterans.

I think it's extremely likely though that Nawlins' matches any offer Gordon receives and builds around him.

Hopefully, they land Anthony Davis and the dynasty begins. :rockon:

LoneyROY7
05-15-2012, 02:50 AM
The problem with that is boozer's atrocious ass isnt reliable on defense, so the bulls would never give up taj/omer with noah, unless we're talking dwight howard. Smh, boozer ruins everything. But besides that, that trade just rapes the crap out of our front court.

True. It's hard to find a good match with New Orleans and Chicago. It would just be sick to see Rose and EJ reunited in the back-court.

tikay0
05-15-2012, 02:51 AM
Didnt see that you offered okafor. Id do it, but i doubt the bulls managemant would give up noah and asik/taj. Their the main reasons why we have the best rebounding 2 years i a row.

anthonyRandolph
05-15-2012, 02:52 AM
I think it's extremely likely though that Nawlins' matches any offer Gordon receives and builds around him.

Hopefully, they land Anthony Davis and the dynasty begins. :rockon:
I personally, want the Beal/Gordon back court more than anything imaginable. I'd be so happy it'd just be crazy, even if Gordon got injured Beal could pick up the slack. Also thats if we don't get Davis. With Minny pick we'd have to draft a big if we got Beal, I wouldn't mind Zeller, Moultrie, or Henson.

LoneyROY7
05-15-2012, 02:53 AM
Didnt see that you offered okafor. Id do it, but i doubt the bulls managemant would give up noah and asik/taj. Their the main reasons why we have the best rebounding 2 years i a row.

You never know...with Chi-town getting eliminated in the first-round and D-Rose likely on the mend until mid-season, the Bulls' FO may be willing to shake things up.

tikay0
05-15-2012, 02:54 AM
I personally, want the Beal/Gordon back court more than anything imaginable. I'd be so happy it'd just be crazy, even if Gordon got injured Beal could pick up the slack. Also thats if we don't get Davis. With Minny pick we'd have to draft a big if we got Beal, I wouldn't mind Zeller, Moultrie, or Henson.

Exactly. Why trade gordon, when you can add another young stud next to him. Man a beal/gordon backcourt would be sick, but a rose/gordon backcourt would be downright illegal.

LoneyROY7
05-15-2012, 02:54 AM

I'd personally rather pair Gordon up with a big-man like T-Rob if not Davis, but we'll see what happens. Gordon and Beal would definitely be exciting to watch.

anthonyRandolph
05-15-2012, 02:59 AM
I'd personally rather pair Gordon up with a big-man like T-Rob if not Davis, but we'll see what happens. Gordon and Beal would definitely be exciting to watch.
@tikay yeah it would lol

and I don't know I know Robinsons is nice but Demps said he likes to go best player available so that means possibly taking Beal. I like the idea of Robinson a lot too though.

LoneyROY7
05-15-2012, 03:00 AM
@tikay yeah it would lol

and I don't know I know Robinsons is nice but Demps said he likes to go best player available so that means possibly taking Beal. I like the idea of Robinson a lot too though.

Yeah, we also have to wait to see how guys like Drummond and Barnes do in their workouts, b/c they that may impact their draft positions.

tikay0
05-15-2012, 03:01 AM
You never know...with Chi-town getting eliminated in the first-round and D-Rose likely on the mend until mid-season, the Bulls' FO may be willing to shake things up.

I agree with shaking things up, but if rose it out there, he changes everything about the team. You dont have deng trying to be rudy gay. Rip wont have to create his own shot, instead hed come off curls and rips and take more open shots. Roe can actually run a pick n roll with boozer, where as watson think it time to dribble out the **** and chuck up a contete 3pt. Fadeaway. Not to mention our defense gets a lot better, and we dont have pgs penetrating at will on us. Eatson come off the bench, where he can fous on just scoring, and playing some what decent defense. Without rose it creted a huge negative chain reaction. O i think the front office looks t the dallas situation, and keeps the main pieces, unless daight is back on. I personally think we would be better off puting more money into our back court and getting vet mins. And serviceble backups at the pf c poitions. The mot important thing is to get rid of boozer, by any means necessary.

LoneyROY7
05-15-2012, 03:03 AM
I agree with shaking things up, but if rose it out there, he changes everything about the team. You dont have deng trying to be rudy gay. Rip wont have to create his own shot, instead hed come off curls and rips and take more open shots. Roe can actually run a pick n roll with boozer, where as watson think it time to dribble out the **** and chuck up a contete 3pt. Fadeaway. Not to mention our defense gets a lot better, and we dont have pgs penetrating at will on us. Eatson come off the bench, where he can fous on just scoring, and playing some what decent defense. Without rose it creted a huge negative chain reaction. O i think the front office looks t the dallas situation, and keeps the main pieces, unless daight is back on. I personally think we would be better off puting more money into our back court and getting vet mins. And serviceble backups at the pf c poitions. The mot important thing is to get rid of boozer, by any means necessary.

I feel you. Chicago should be able to maintain a good standing in the East next season while they wait for Rose to come back.

tikay0
05-15-2012, 03:04 AM
Holy crap my post is full of fail. Lol. Typing on my pbone.

anthonyRandolph
05-15-2012, 03:06 AM
at least your not like Hawkfans, saying we'd take boozer :lol

tikay0
05-15-2012, 03:07 AM
I feel you. Chicago should bea ble to maintain a good standing in the East next season while they wait for Rose to come back.

Id rather tank and get a lottery pick for 2013. Rose isnt going to be 100% til 2013 anyways, might as well get a lottery pick.

LoneyROY7
05-15-2012, 03:08 AM
Id rather tank and get a lottery pick for 2013. Rose isnt going to be 100% til 2013 anyways, might as well get a lottery pick.

Nah, Bulls won't tank.

tikay0
05-15-2012, 03:09 AM
Nah, Bulls won't tank.

Not with thibodeau coaching. Might as well go the spurs route when robinson got injured and they got tim duncan.

LoneyROY7
05-15-2012, 03:12 AM
Not with thibodeau coaching. Might as well go the spurs route when robinson got injured and they got tim duncan.

I guess they could hypothetically tank for Shabazz Muhammad, but like you said, a Thibodeau team won't be tanking.

tikay0
05-15-2012, 03:13 AM
at least your not like Hawkfans, saying we'd take boozer :lol

Its not that boozers a scrub, but at his price, plus his dissapearing act against any playoff team ever, since hes been on the bulls. Plus if we amnesty him, we basically pay him to play for another team, and the other team would essentially be getting him at black friday price.

tikay0
05-15-2012, 03:14 AM
I guess they could hypothetically tank for Shabazz Muhammad, but like you said, a Thibodeau team won't be tanking.

That kid is so overrated.

LoneyROY7
05-15-2012, 03:15 AM
That kid is so overrated.

Is he? I haven't watched him enough myself to make an approximation.

He would fill the hole at SG though.

LABean
05-15-2012, 03:16 AM
LoneyROY7 is back? :biggums:
Still repping Eric GODdon. :applause:

LoneyROY7
05-15-2012, 03:18 AM
LoneyROY7 is back? :biggums:
Still repping Eric GODdon. :applause:

I had to break it to back my boy, bro. :pimp:

What happened to those Lakes tonight!?!?

tikay0
05-15-2012, 03:21 AM
Is he? I haven't watched him enough myself to make an approximation.

He would fill the hole at SG though.

Not gonna lie, only seen a few chighlights of him, but all i see is a super long wingspan with average athleticism, and decent shot. has a lot of defrnsive potential at the position, because of his wingspan.

Whoah10115
05-15-2012, 04:10 AM
Those picking Manu over Eric Gordon aren't exactly doing anything wrong. Manu is still Manu. Let Gordon actually get there. 35 or not, look at the way he played before the injury and look at the way he's played since the injury. Not many minutes, but statistical production...and those stats don't come close to the overall impact he has.

Kawhi Leonard is a SF and plays SF. So he's not on the list.

Paul George is a SF playing SG. I don't know that he'll stay there (Granger moved).

Gordon Hayward plays as much 3 as he does 2 and he is a 3. He should be playing the 3 next year.

MASH Transit
05-15-2012, 04:26 AM
Those picking Manu over Eric Gordon aren't exactly doing anything wrong. Manu is still Manu. Let Gordon actually get there. 35 or not, look at the way he played before the injury and look at the way he's played since the injury. Not many minutes, but statistical production...and those stats don't come close to the overall impact he has.

Paul George is a SF playing SG. I don't know that he'll stay there (Granger moved).

Gordon Hayward plays as much 3 as he does 2 and he is a 3. He should be playing the 3 next year.

Kawhi plays the two and three. Most perimeter players can play either the 1 + 2, or 2 + 3.

Hayward will be playing the three less with Favors emerging. Utah likes playing a big lineup with Millsap at the 3, Favors at the 4, and Jefferson at the 5.

anthonyRandolph
05-15-2012, 04:54 AM

Really, hornets like 15-40 without Gordon. With him 7-2 :coleman:

blablabla
05-15-2012, 05:11 AM
kobe
wade
harden
ej
jj

(e)
05-15-2012, 05:15 AM
Kobe
Wade
Manu
Harden
Gordon

Bigsmoke
05-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Manu Ginobli is going to be 36 next year?

tikay0
05-15-2012, 02:37 PM
SMH at people with kobe at #1. Dude shot jacks like no other, and even when he doesnt try to shot jack, he puts up horrible fg%. Think about it, even when he tries to put up an efficient game, he still cant. Your #1 SHOOTING guard SHOOTS at a horrible clip, and somehow hes still #1???

Whoah10115
05-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Kawhi plays the two and three. Most perimeter players can play either the 1 + 2, or 2 + 3.

Hayward will be playing the three less with Favors emerging. Utah likes playing a big lineup with Millsap at the 3, Favors at the 4, and Jefferson at the 5.

I think it's more than likely that there's a trade in Utah (probably Jefferson) and that Favors plays more of the 5 than Gordon playing the 2. They can go big, but that kills the dynamic play they want to have. And they also have Burks coming thru.

Leonard can play the 2 and has filled in. But that's when Ginobili was out and Jefferson was still on the team and starting. As soon as Ginboili came back he started going from starter to 6th man and split with Danny Green. And then when Jefferson got traded for Jackson, Leonard became the starting SF. He'll almost never play the 2 with Manu and Green on that team.

Really, hornets like 15-40 without Gordon. With him 7-2 :coleman:

I get how good he is but you obviously can't take that small sample size and say anything definitive about him ranking over Ginobili. Ginobili is one of the best SG's I've seen and he's still playing like Manu. I'm gonna keep him ahead of Gordon until Gordon moves ahead of him.

dyna
05-15-2012, 04:46 PM
1) Kobe
2) Wade
3) Harden
4) Gordon
5) Ellis

PTB Fan
05-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Wade
Kobe
Gordon
Turner
Harden

In no specific order.

Jotaro Durant
05-15-2012, 05:04 PM
bryant
harden
gordon
wade(will b injured plus decline)
monta

anthonyRandolph
05-15-2012, 05:14 PM
SMH at people with kobe at #1. Dude shot jacks like no other, and even when he doesnt try to shot jack, he puts up horrible fg%. Think about it, even when he tries to put up an efficient game, he still cant. Your #1 SHOOTING guard SHOOTS at a horrible clip, and somehow hes still #1???
this x 1000000000000

anthonyRandolph
05-18-2012, 03:35 AM
bump .

anthonyRandolph
05-19-2012, 01:09 AM
Seriously no one changes their outlook.

Kiddlovesnets
05-19-2012, 01:41 AM
Umm right now it seems that:

1. Wade
2. Kobe