PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else see those Kenyon Martin ticks?

EveryManALion
05-16-2012, 12:30 AM
He would have weird body twitches when he talked in that interview every other second or so, does he have a disease or something? Am i just bugging out? haha

RedBlackAttack
05-16-2012, 12:30 AM
Welcome to Y2K.

EveryManALion
05-16-2012, 12:32 AM
Haha dude im serious, what the **** was that?

b0bab0i
05-16-2012, 12:33 AM
he just stutters

inclinerator
05-16-2012, 12:33 AM
he sees little bunnies running across the corner of his eyes

miggyme1
05-16-2012, 12:38 AM
He would have weird body twitches when he talked in that interview every other second or so, does he have a disease or something? Am i just bugging out? haha

Damn u late. He been like dat since his cincinnati days in college

Zackmorris
05-16-2012, 01:03 AM
Bad stuttering problem

Whoah10115
05-16-2012, 01:44 AM
I'm glad he's gotten it under control.

You've never seen a Kenyon Martin interview.

MJ(Mean John)
05-16-2012, 03:20 AM
I remember it being a lot worse.

Thought he had Tourette's syndrome?

Before he couldn't get through a sentence without twitching and making a "snap" sound with his mouth

Haymaker
05-16-2012, 04:59 AM
Stutters, plus some mild form of tourette's

blacknapalm
05-16-2012, 05:15 AM
ron harper has the same condition i think, just much worse

coin24
05-16-2012, 05:28 AM
Ron Harpers is much worse. Felt sorry for the guy when he tried to give an interview on the radio and ppl were posting about it on here..
Martins isnt that bad, seems to just twitch a bit now. Hes still a beast after the injuries and at his age:bowdown: :bowdown:

Rake2204
05-16-2012, 11:24 AM
I must proclaim ignorance in this regard. I've been familiar with Kenyon Martin's sort of, smack-like twitching of his mouth, but I've never been certain what to what it should be attributed. I wasn't aware tics could manifest themselves in such a manner. My first thought has always been that it was a relatively subtle form of Tourette's.

Clippersfan86
05-16-2012, 11:28 AM
This is how you know most of ISH is made up of new fans :facepalm . He's been doing this FOREVER. I've personally seen it since he was drafted by the Nets.

Rake2204
05-16-2012, 11:34 AM
This is how you know most of ISH is made up of new fans :facepalm . He's been doing this FOREVER. I've personally seen it since he was drafted by the Nets.
Right, I think a lot of us are acknowledging the fact it's always existed. I'm just saying I'd like to see an official claim as to what it can be attributed toward. I understand he had a stuttering problem as a youngster, but I was not previously aware it could manifest itself in a lifelong tic.

Clippersfan86
05-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Right, I think a lot of us are acknowledging the fact it's always existed. I'm just saying I'd like to see an official claim as to what it can be attributed toward. I understand he had a stuttering problem as a youngster, but I was not previously aware it could manifest itself in a lifelong tic.

He's always had a bad stutter/tick. There is no advanced medical condition, that's what it is.

swi7ch
05-16-2012, 12:03 PM
No video? I've never seen a K-Mart interview... :(

Rake2204
05-16-2012, 12:28 PM
He's always had a bad stutter/tick. There is no advanced medical condition, that's what it is.
That's what I'm looking to verify. It's just always seemed to be folks claiming they felt they knew what it was, as opposed to there being a reference. It's clearly not a big deal, just a point of curiosity. It seemed to go beyond the normal "th-th-th-th-the other team played well" type of stutter.

Clippersfan86
05-16-2012, 12:30 PM
That's what I'm looking to verify. It's just always seemed to be folks claiming they felt they knew what it was, as opposed to there being a reference. It's clearly not a big deal, just a point of curiosity. It seemed to go beyond the normal "th-th-th-th-the other team played well" type of stutter.

It's gotten a lot better that's why. He's worked on it his entire life. He said he became such a hard ass because when he was a kid he was bullied over it. So he started beating kids up. Funny thing is his first interview about joining Clippers he shared this with interviewer and flat out said something like "And if you make fun of my stutter right now I'll beat your ass too". I was like damn... still a sensitive subject I guess.