1.2 SPG
.500 FG% (147/294)
.808 FT% (63/78)

Harison
05-16-2012, 09:27 PM
KG is having a groundhog day, thinking its 2003 Playoffs :applause:

Real Men Wear Green
05-16-2012, 09:27 PM
This is the best he's been as a Celtic. I'm not getting my hopes up too much yet but this dude could be a serious problem for a Boshless Heat.

All Net
05-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Rolling back the years...:bowdown:

dbugz
http://www.goodsportsworld.com/good/wp-content/uploads/kg13.jpg

is back!

AMISTILLILL
I really hope this gives him incentive to a) not retire and b) to stay with Boston. He deserves a nice, 1 year contract unless he wants 2 years.

If he goes anywhere else though, it would soften the blow if he wound up on the Thunder. Can you imagine that? :eek: :eek: :eek:

TonyD
05-16-2012, 09:33 PM
I couldn't find a good fountain of youth image, so just pretend I posted one.

KG215
05-16-2012, 09:36 PM
If he goes anywhere else though, it would soften the blow if he wound up on the Thunder. Can you imagine that? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I doubt he goes anywhere, but could you imagine that defensive frontcourt? I don't know who you bring off the bench between he, Ibaka, and Perk but man that'd be scary. Ibaka at center and KG at power-forward would be scary.

And, in his final years, he wouldn't have to be the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd scoring option like he is on a given night in Boston. With the Thunder, most nights, he'd only have to be the fourth scoring option.

Draz
05-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Kg is tha besss

BlackVVaves
05-16-2012, 09:40 PM
I doubt he goes anywhere, but could you imagine that defensive frontcourt? I don't know who you bring off the bench between he, Ibaka, and Perk but man that'd be scary. Ibaka at center and KG at power-forward would be scary.

And, in his final years, he wouldn't have to be the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd scoring option like he is on a given night in Boston. With the Thunder, most nights, he'd only have to be the fourth scoring option.

KG is playing his best basketball in the last, who knows how many years, at the center position, and you'd have him at the 4 again on the Thunder? :biggums:

Whoah10115
05-16-2012, 09:47 PM
KG is playing his best basketball in the last, who knows how many years, at the center position, and you'd have him at the 4 again on the Thunder? :biggums:

He's hardly playing center. He guards a lot of PF's, he has most of the same freedom to roam on defense. On offense, they're just playing without a center.

The team just got better after the move, as they had no other choice. And in the playoffs, he's playing with that added fire. But he's not better at the center position and it's gonna be tougher for him to stay there than for him to go back to PF.

BlackWhiteGreen
05-16-2012, 09:48 PM
Hope we say to him - hey, KG. We've got a load of cap space this year, but no one to spend it on. How about we give you a nice 1 year, $12m and a handshake that you'll sign for the vet min when we bring in Big Al/Josh Smith/Dwight Howard and a mid level wing with our $25m+ cap space next summer?

KG215
05-16-2012, 09:49 PM

Ibaka is more of a center than KG, so yes. It's not like KG is strictly playing with his back to the basket and defending opposing centers as Boston's starting center.

Whoah10115
05-16-2012, 09:51 PM
Hope we say to him - hey, KG. We've got a load of cap space this year, but no one to spend it on. How about we give you a nice 1 year, $12m and a handshake that you'll sign for the vet min when we bring in Big Al/Josh Smith/Dwight Howard and a mid level wing with our $25m+ cap space next summer?

That's actually a terrific move.

d.bball.guy
05-16-2012, 09:52 PM
Been watching him lately :bowdown:

Minny KG is back!

BlackVVaves
05-16-2012, 09:53 PM
He's hardly playing center. He guards a lot of PF's, he has most of the same freedom to roam on defense. On offense, they're just playing without a center.

The team just got better after the move, as they had no other choice. And in the playoffs, he's playing with that added fire. But he's not better at the center position and it's gonna be tougher for him to stay there than for him to go back to PF.

KG, and the Celtics because of it, has been producing at higher levels than anyone could predict since his move to the center position. Doc has noticed the change, Celtic players have noticed the change, fans have noticed the changed. Not only notice, but openly discussing it, and simultaneously praising Doc for the move.

So you're saying, it's all a coincidence? :confusedshrug:

ShaqAttack3234
05-16-2012, 09:54 PM
This is the best he's been as a Celtic. I'm not getting my hopes up too much yet but this dude could be a serious problem for a Boshless Heat.

You think he's better now than he was in '08? I can't agree with that, but it's definitely the best he's been since the injury. It's interesting that he's looked noticeably better each of the 2 seasons since the injury. Usually everything goes downhill after an injury like that well into your 30's when the decline looks clear(at least it did in 2010).

KG215
05-16-2012, 09:56 PM
If OKC can't win it this year, I hope KG can keep having these "turn back the clock" games and get another ring with the Celtics.

albas89
05-16-2012, 09:56 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_5MjOknAw0U/T68wKYGWkRI/AAAAAAAAIHA/N2_evl0X2m0/s1600/michael%252Bgearon%252Bjr%252Bfined.jpg
Thank the Hawks' owner...:roll:

AMISTILLILL
05-16-2012, 09:57 PM
If we can't win it this year, I hope KG can keep having these "turn back the clock" games and get another ring with the Celtics.

:confusedshrug:

I see what you did there :)

Real Men Wear Green
05-16-2012, 09:59 PM
You think he's better now than he was in '08? I can't agree with that, but it's definitely the best he's been since the injury. It's interesting that he's looked noticeably better each of the 2 seasons since the injury. Usually everything goes downhill after an injury like that well into your 30's when the decline looks clear(at least it did in 2010).
He could have done more in '08 but this postseason he's had monster games, like that 28/14/5 he gave ATL in Game 7.

KG215
05-16-2012, 10:01 PM
:confusedshrug:

I see what you did there :)

That original post was supposed to go in the OKC/Lakers thread.

Whoah10115
05-16-2012, 10:03 PM
KG, and the Celtics because of it, has been producing at higher levels than anyone could predict since his move to the center position. Doc has noticed the change, Celtic players have noticed the change, fans have noticed the changed. Not only notice, but openly discussing it, and simultaneously praising Doc for the move.

So you're saying, it's all a coincidence? :confusedshrug:

I don't think you read the post. I said he's hardly doing anything that's different. They're just playing without a center. Bass guarded the center for most of the Atlanta series. KG was on Smith and roamed around. On offense, there's nothing different. They're straight playing without a center and opening up the lanes for Rondo and cutters.

So I'm not saying it's a coincidence. I'm saying KG is hardly playing center. They're playing without one.

KG215
05-16-2012, 10:05 PM
He could have done more in '08 but this postseason he's had monster games, like that 28/14/5 he gave ATL in Game 7.

Yeah, he's had some monster games so far.

ATL GM 3: 20 pts, 13 reb, 4 blk, 9/18 FG
ATL GM 6: 28 pts, 14 reb, 5 blk, 3 stl, 10/19 FG
PHI GM 1: 29 pts, 11 reb, 3 blk, 12/20 FG
PHI GM 3: 27 pts, 13 reb, 4 ast, 12/17 FG

Four out of the nine games, so far, he's been vintage KG. He's only had one or two "bad" games but even those have been alright, he just didn't get involved enough offensively.

Stern
05-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Dncan vs KG in the finals looks the best match up.

Real Men Wear Green
05-16-2012, 10:08 PM
I don't think you read the post. I said he's hardly doing anything that's different. They're just playing without a center. Bass guarded the center for most of the Atlanta series. KG was on Smith and roamed around. On offense, there's nothing different. They're straight playing without a center and opening up the lanes for Rondo and cutters.

So I'm not saying it's a coincidence. I'm saying KG is hardly playing center. They're playing without one.
Who is the Hawks' center? Horford only played half the series and is a true 4 anyway. These days a team's "center" is whoever they give the label. Not like Brandon Bass at 6'8 is any more of a 5 than KG.

swi7ch
05-16-2012, 10:08 PM
So happy KG is expending all this energy! This way, he'll be out of gas by the time they face the Heat in the ECF! :rockon:

Whoah10115
05-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Who is the Hawks' center? Horford only played half the series and is a true 4 anyway. These days a team's "center" is whoever they give the label. Not like Brandon Bass at 6'8 is any more of a 5 than KG.

I know he's not any more a 5 than KG is. I'm saying the Celtics are playing without a 5. There is no 5. There are just small adjustments, possession to possession.

And I actually like Horford as a center, but that's another thing.

Real Men Wear Green
05-16-2012, 10:11 PM
So happy KG is expending all this energy! This way, he'll be out of gas by the time they face the Heat in the ECF! :rockon:
LBJ was apparently out of gas by the 45 minute of Game 2 in the EC semis. Heat better by taking Indy seriously and not thinking about the Celts or Sixers until their current opponent is dealt with.

Harison
05-16-2012, 10:13 PM

To be fair, KG plays more minutes in the post now. As well as drives more often to the basket. What he defends depends on assignment and who is a higher threat - PF or C.

Bernie Nips
05-16-2012, 10:13 PM

Yeah, 27 pts, 13 reb, 4 ast, 12/17 FG...

...in 30 minutes tonight.

He's gettin' some nice rest to go along with this beasting ;)

Real Men Wear Green
05-16-2012, 10:14 PM
I know he's not any more a 5 than KG is. I'm saying the Celtics are playing without a 5. There is no 5. There are just small adjustments, possession to possession.

And I actually like Horford as a center, but that's another thing.
And we're telling you that Garnett is playing center. He's bocking shots like a 5, getting more post-ups, rebounding at a high level and giving the opposition a hard time.

Round Mound
05-16-2012, 10:14 PM
Playing Very Well for that Age :applause:

Whoah10115
05-16-2012, 10:18 PM
To be fair, KG plays more minutes in the post now. As well as drives more often to the basket. What he defends depends on assignment and who is a higher threat - PF or C.

The post and driving thing is something he should have been doing the last 3 seasons. On defense, it was pretty much always like that.

Miserio
05-16-2012, 10:25 PM

I see him as a center, reminds me of old Kareem in the showtime Lakers when Magic just put the ball in his hands when it mattered and Kareem shot or distributed from that position, always starting the play giving the ball to kareem in the low post area.

KG215
05-16-2012, 10:43 PM
Wow, this thread got off track fast. I just meant KG would primarily play PF by the VERY slim chance he somehow ended up in OKC. Ibaka, the current starting PF, is better served at center anyway, and he wouldn't take away many minutes from Perk at center.

veilside23
05-16-2012, 11:03 PM
stay and retire as a celtic... ;)

DuMa
05-17-2012, 12:41 PM
dat contract year KG

ShaqAttack3234
05-17-2012, 12:51 PM

Well, he averaged 20/11/3 on 50% for the entire run, which was 26 games. He dropped 33 on Detroit, had a 32/10/3 game vs Atlanta, 26/16/4 vs Cleveland, 24/14/4 to close out the Lakers, and 22/13/6 vs Detroit.

He was not far removed from his prime at all then. Don't get me wrong, what he's doing now is remarkable, and more impressive considering his age. Actually, with no favorite team still in the playoffs, and nobody in particular to root for, I'd be happy to see KG get a second ring, and first finals MVP. Either KG or Duncan winning would be cool, imo.

CeltsGarlic
05-17-2012, 01:03 PM
I changed my avy to KG.

Its for you my man!

inclinerator
05-17-2012, 01:54 PM
he's rolling in the deep and setting fire to the rain.

detroitkid816
05-17-2012, 02:28 PM
I've never thought that he lost or is losing much of anything, at least on offense. the post moves are still there. I've actually thought that he is much more unselfish than he should be. KG is boston's best scorer

KG215
06-02-2012, 01:17 AM
Didn't get to watch tonight's game, but figured I'd update this since it's been a few weeks.

16 G
36.3 MPG
19.4 PPG
10.4 RPG
1.4 APG
1.3 BPG
1.2 SPG
.504 FG% (126/250)
.817 FT% (58/71)

Draz
06-02-2012, 01:54 AM
The day KG retires it'll be sad

fsvr54
06-02-2012, 01:57 AM
Garnett has always been one of the best players in the league. Why is this surprising?

M.Bustly15A5RU8
06-02-2012, 02:11 AM
Still the best power forward in the game at age 36.

KG215
06-02-2012, 02:12 AM
Garnett has always been one of the best players in the league. Why is this surprising?

Because he's 36 years old and in his 16th season. On top of that, before this season, it appeared he was on the decline. Regardless of how great his career has been, why shouldn't we be surprised?

Snoop_Cat
06-02-2012, 02:15 AM
If only he wasn't such a colossal douche bag. He's not even the "tough guy" that this NBA needs/people like. He's just a straight up nuisance albeit his incredible ball skills.

TMT
06-02-2012, 02:17 AM
Lately I've thought of him as purely a jumpshooter, but tonight he played BIG and I loved it. He needs to post up and get inside against the Heat more often.

RazorBaLade
06-02-2012, 02:19 AM
boy I wish we had KG instead of pau

ShaqAttack3234
06-02-2012, 02:37 AM

Age and the knee injury in 2009. He looked to have lost a ton in 2010, he was still a very valuable part of a Celtic team that proved to still be championship material barely losing in 7, but KG appeared to be declining quite a bit. But what's been amazing is that KG looked significantly better in 2011 than 2010, and he's look better this season, particularly in the second half and playoffs than he has since the injury.

wpdougie2180
06-02-2012, 03:33 AM
In Game 3 vs MIA: The Heat shot 38% with KG on the floor, 85% with KG on the bench....yes you read that right, 85%.

Harison
06-02-2012, 04:26 AM
In Game 3 vs MIA: The Heat shot 38% with KG on the floor, 85% with KG on the bench....yes you read that right, 85%.

KG has that effect :applause:

KG215
06-02-2012, 04:37 AM

People forget just how big of an impact he still has on the defensive end. Prime KG is one of the best two-way big men in NBA history, and it's still showing in his twilight years.

bizil
06-02-2012, 05:44 AM
I think the change to center has something to do with it. No center can come close to bringing KG's skillset to the table. In the all around sense, he's the best center in the L. Guys like Bynum and Howard are more traditional pure center than can control the paint and are more physical than KG. But KG can drag their asses outside for his midrange shot, pass way better, still rebound very good-great, and take them off the dribble. KG would still do very well at PF, but he just can't guard the more athletic PF's as great as he used to.

I also think KG is getting over some of those lingering injuries as well. KG was a revolutionary 7 footer with a blend of skills and athletic ability never seen before. He simply had more tools in his toolbox than any other big man ever. So when he loses some athletic ability, he can adapt better than most bigs. His injuries weren't that debilitating. I can't think of any other player in L history was a standout at the SF, PF, and C. He laid the groundwork as a supersized SF, really hit his stride at PF, and rejuvenated himself at C. Never been seen before.

bizil
06-02-2012, 05:54 AM
Still the best power forward in the game at age 36.

U know what in the all around sense, KG is the best PF or C in the L. But Love is putting up such epic numbers in boards and still putting up 25 a night. Blake is a freak athlete with crazy upside. Aldridge is tremendous and Bosh get it in. Pau even though he is soft, is still mad talented. And u can't forget about Dirk either. A peak or prime Timmy or KG smoke all of these guys in my book. I think Timmy has slipped farther than KG has as of right now. But the crazy thing is that in the all around sense, KG and Timmy are still as good as any PF or C in the L. I just think they can't really put up the dominant numbers they used to game in and game out. The body just gets worn down quicker when u get older, but that doesn't mean u aren't capable of doing what u did before. It's just that u might not be able to do it as often. But KG gets it in often enough to still be considered one of the top 5-7 at PF. And Center wise in the top 3.

Smoke117
06-02-2012, 06:12 AM
K is a man amongst boys, **** YOU ALL for doubting him, at his and the trek on those tires he was the 2nd greatest defensive player this this season. You aren't ****ing shit Tyson Chandler, you are a child. I wouldn't even put KG over Dwight Howard, but the disrespect of of the media to have chandler as as the dpoy and IBAKA 2nd (LMFAO) in DPOY, look for Dwight Howard to Have a career year defensively just set shit right.

unknowns8
06-02-2012, 06:14 AM
If only he wasn't such a colossal douche bag. He's not even the "tough guy" that this NBA needs/people like. He's just a straight up nuisance albeit his incredible ball skills.

spot on... he's a nuisance coz of his legendary intensity and every single opposition fan hates KG for this but every single opposition fan would also sign him to their team in a heart beat if given half a chance, his annoyingly intense on-court demeanor is a massive team asset, it sparks so many other components of the C's game, it's vital to their success really

MJ(Mean John)
06-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Crazy.

The walking 20/10 is back boy.

longtime lurker
06-02-2012, 11:12 AM

sad when you think about it

:cry:

Pointguard
06-02-2012, 12:26 PM
K is a man amongst boys, **** YOU ALL for doubting him, at his and the trek on those tires he was the 2nd greatest defensive player this this season. You aren't ****ing shit Tyson Chandler, you are a child. I wouldn't even put KG over Dwight Howard, but the disrespect of of the media to have chandler as as the dpoy and IBAKA 2nd (LMFAO) in DPOY, look for Dwight Howard to Have a career year defensively just set shit right.
DH had no chance of winning the award. He spent the year threatening to leave his team, and was sabotaging the coach. Hopefully, guys like that will never get rewarded. You got to at least have an overall positive impact on your team - Not undermining the team like he did. Other players lost respect for the organization under his actions. It was a wasted year for Dwight. He would do everybody a favor by growing up and showing some leadership - he is an outstanding talent/mvp caliber type for sure, but he has somethings that he has to straighten up.

LamarOdom
06-02-2012, 12:34 PM
He has been great all season long and I have ranked him as top 3 PF all season, everyone keeps forgetting he was only averaging 31 minutes in the RS per 36 his number in the playoff are just a bit better.

Because he's 36 years old and in his 16th season. On top of that, before this season, it appeared he was on the decline. Regardless of how great his career has been, why shouldn't we be surprised?

It's his 17th season!:bowdown:

macpierce
06-02-2012, 12:47 PM

youre wrong, if the lakers got kg back in 2007, say goodbye to odom and bynum in the trade........

Pointguard
06-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Garnett doesn't get enough respect for his superb decision making. He rarely makes a defensive mistake despite being very aggressive. I think a lot of people thought KG was declining because he played with an intensity on both sides of the ball that is/was rarely matched in the game (MJ is the only one that comes to mind. AI on offense. Early Rodman on defense). So people figured that KG wouldn't come back. Rarely are all around/super skilled players, work horses as well. So when he couldnt play all out, the guess was he would retire. Not so!!!

KG215
06-06-2012, 02:38 AM
He goes for 26 and 11 tonight with two blocks.

He's doing what he's suppose to be doing, and that's dominating an undersized Miami team. For the series...

37.8 MPG
21.6 PPG
10.8 RPG
1.4 APG
1.8 BPG
0.8 SPG
.489 FG% (44/90)
.800 FT% (20/25)

For the Playoffs...

18 G
37.1 MPG
19.9 PPG
10.8 RPG
1.6 APG
1.6 BPG
1.2 SPG
.500 FG% (147/294)
.808 FT% (63/78)

Averaging 20-11-1.5-1.5 on 50% shooting in a playoff run that's not lasted 18 games on 36 year old legs in their 17th season.

dbugz
06-06-2012, 02:39 AM
B E A S T

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Stern
06-06-2012, 02:41 AM
Best defensive player in the playoffs as well.

KG215
06-06-2012, 02:44 AM
Wouldn't averaging 20-11-1.5-1.5 on 50% FG and 80% FT make him the second best center in the NBA? You know, if he was putting up those numbers over the course of a regular season, wouldn't he only be behind Dwight and maybe Bynum?

I've said this a ton, but this is the mark of true greatness. I already have KG in my top 25-35 somewhere, but this playoff run, especially if the Celtics beat Miami, would almost have to solidify him in the top 25-30 all-time wouldn't it?

Bernie Nips
06-06-2012, 02:54 AM
Wouldn't averaging 20-11-1.5-1.5 on 50% FG and 80% FT make him the second best center in the NBA? You know, if he was putting up those numbers over the course of a regular season, wouldn't he only be behind Dwight and maybe Bynum?

I've said this a ton, but this is the mark of true greatness. I already have KG in my top 25-35 somewhere, but this playoff run, especially if the Celtics beat Miami, would almost have to solidify him in the top 25-30 all-time wouldn't it?

He's top 20 to me.

Harison
06-06-2012, 02:58 AM
You are underrating KG, he was already Top20-25 before even winning championship, after the ring and DPOY Top15-20, and now is solidifying his ~Top15 position.

dbugz
06-06-2012, 02:59 AM
You are underrating KG, he was already Top20-25 before even winning championship, after the ring and DPOY Top15-20, and now is solidifying his ~Top15 position.

At least top top 15 in my book

KG215
06-06-2012, 05:55 AM
I can easily see him as top 25 right now. I just don't feel comfortable enough to do so because, given my screen name, it'd just come off as nothing more than me being a KG fanboy.

I know he got a lot of flack for not getting out of the first round for a long time, but the second or third best player on a lot of those teams was Wally Szczerbiak. I mean making the playoffs alone was a small miracle. Just think what he would've done if he was teamed up with another perennial all-star most of his career? When he finally did get some help, he lost in the Western Conference Finals to the three-time defending champion Lakers who had two top 10 players all-time in their prime. And the "help" he finally got was a 34 year old Sam Cassell and 33 year old Latrell Sprewell. And they still took the Lakers six games and won 58 games that year.

I think, given how well he's playing, just getting to the Finals this year would move him up a few spots on almost everyone's all-time rankings list. If they somehow do the unthinkable, by beating Miami, then San Antonio or OKC, then how could you leave him out of your top 15 all-time if he keeps playing this well?

KG215
06-06-2012, 05:57 AM
At least top top 15 in my book

Don't know if I'd go that high. Not yet. But, if they do go on to win this series, and somehow beat OKC or San Antonio in the Finals, then I think he could be argued as a top 15 player all-time. Especially if he keeps putting up 18-20 point 10-12 rebound games and earns Finals MVP.

Then again, I have Karl Malone and Charles Barkley somewhere in my top 15-20. I'd have to run it down, though, because Chuck may be in the 21-25 range, not sure. And, to be honest (even though it may be nothing more than my bias) I rank Garnett ahead of both of them in my all-time PF rankings. Duncan has the #1 spot on lockdown, but I'd go KG #2, Malone #3, and then I go back-and-forth on #4 and #5 between Barkley and Dirk.

Pointguard
06-06-2012, 06:03 AM

Yeah, only DH is going to get that stat line of centers. Bynum has never done that during a playoff run and definitely isn't as smart or all around player as KG is at this time.

I think you have KG under-rated. I think the year should have moved up a notch in GOAT rating because its another year of him being one of the best offensive centers and being the keg of the leagues best defense while being the only standout bigman to advance to the conference finals despite his role being much bigger than any other PF or center. KG was already the most versatile big man ever but moving to center and dominating has definitely put another feather in his cap. If they make it to the finals, he would pretty much have the second best PF ever pretty much sewed up if he didn't already.

Pointguard
06-06-2012, 06:14 AM
I know he got a lot of flack for not getting out of the first round for a long time, but the second or third best player on a lot of those teams was Wally Szczerbiak. I mean making the playoffs alone was a small miracle. Just think what he would've done if he was teamed up with another perennial all-star most of his career? When he finally did get some help, he lost in the Western Conference Finals to the three-time defending champion Lakers who had two top 10 players all-time in their prime. And the "help" he finally got was a 34 year old Sam Cassell and 33 year old Latrell Sprewell. And they still took the Lakers six games and won 58 games that year.

Minny was one of the worst organizations around. Among the worse GM's ever (lost three first round draft picks for a back up player), a bad coach, rarely a good healthy player to compliment KG. Sprewell was in his last two years when he got there and Cassell left the PG responsibilities to KG in WCFs. I think this year helps place KG as a winner when given a decent situation. No player wins when his GM, Coach and second best player are all bad.

Round Mound
06-06-2012, 07:16 AM
Best defensive player in the playoffs as well.

And Playing Center :bowdown:

Bernie Nips
06-06-2012, 08:41 AM
And Playing Center :bowdown:

Hahaha so he can't be compared to your mate.

ShaqAttack3234
06-06-2012, 08:56 AM
Here are his current numbers compared to his numbers through game 5 of the ECF in '08 when he was at the tail end of his prime or just slightly past it, and 32 years old.

2008- 21.3 ppg, 10 rpg, 3.4 apg, 2 TO, 1.2 bpg, 1.3 spg, 52.1 FG%, 57 TS%, 19 games
2012- 19.9 ppg, 10.8 rpg, 1.6 apg, 2.2 TO, 1.6 bpg, 1.2 spg, 50 FG%, 54.5 TS%, 18 games

Not that far off, and he wasn't playing out of position in '08 like he is now.

I think you have KG under-rated.

Before this year, I had him in the top 15-20 range, and he does have a case for top 15. Seeing what he's doing now past his prime, or in '08, the first year he was on a contending team that wasn't hurt on injuries, I really wish we could've seen how his '04 season would've ended up had Cassell not gotten injured. With Cassell and Sprewell, he finally had the help to win a title, and Cassell had an all-nba second team season, plus two 40+ games before his injury. People forget that Wally Sczerbiak wasn't healthy that year as well, and he had been KG's second best player in '01 and '02. KG was really amazing that year, the best player in the league that season. He was pretty much as good in '03. He was a dominant all around force at that point, but was backed by a cast of Wally, Troy Hudson, Rasho, 33 year old Anthony Peeler, 34 year old Kendall Gill, Joe Smith, 36 year old Rod Strickland and Gary Trent. Not scrubs, but not a contending team. It's amazing that he led that team to 51 wins and a top 4 seed in the West. That's with his second best player Wally missing 30 games, they were 35-17 with Wally and on pace for 55 wins. Smith also missed 28 games and Strickland missed 35.

And while Cassell and Sprewell formed a nice big 3, I'll point out that the '04 Wolves often had 2 guys out there who weren't offensive threats. The centers were Olowokandi and Ervin Johnson. Plus, Mark Madsen was a rotation player. :facepalm: Trenton Hassell also started, and while he was a good defender, he wasn't a guy you had to keep track of offensively.

coin24
06-06-2012, 08:58 AM
Beasting:applause: :bowdown:

Props to KG... Hope he doesnt retire after this run, still has a year or 2 left in the tank..

Pointguard
06-06-2012, 09:49 AM
Here are his current numbers compared to his numbers through game 5 of the ECF in '08 when he was at the tail end of his prime or just slightly past it, and 32 years old.

2008- 21.3 ppg, 10 rpg, 3.4 apg, 2 TO, 1.2 bpg, 1.3 spg, 52.1 FG%, 57 TS%, 19 games
2012- 19.9 ppg, 10.8 rpg, 1.6 apg, 2.2 TO, 1.6 bpg, 1.2 spg, 50 FG%, 54.5 TS%, 18 games

Not that far off, and he wasn't playing out of position in '08 like he is now.

Before this year, I had him in the top 15-20 range, and he does have a case for top 15. Seeing what he's doing now past his prime, or in '08, the first year he was on a contending team that wasn't hurt on injuries, I really wish we could've seen how his '04 season would've ended up had Cassell not gotten injured. With Cassell and Sprewell, he finally had the help to win a title, and Cassell had an all-nba second team season, plus two 40+ games before his injury. People forget that Wally Sczerbiak wasn't healthy that year as well, and he had been KG's second best player in '01 and '02. KG was really amazing that year, the best player in the league that season. He was pretty much as good in '03. He was a dominant all around force at that point, but was backed by a cast of Wally, Troy Hudson, Rasho, 33 year old Anthony Peeler, 34 year old Kendall Gill, Joe Smith, 36 year old Rod Strickland and Gary Trent. Not scrubs, but not a contending team. It's amazing that he led that team to 51 wins and a top 4 seed in the West. That's with his second best player Wally missing 30 games, they were 35-17 with Wally and on pace for 55 wins. Smith also missed 28 games and Strickland missed 35.

And while Cassell and Sprewell formed a nice big 3, I'll point out that the '04 Wolves often had 2 guys out there who weren't offensive threats. The centers were Olowokandi and Ervin Johnson. Plus, Mark Madsen was a rotation player. :facepalm: Trenton Hassell also started, and while he was a good defender, he wasn't a guy you had to keep track of offensively.
Yeah, they had KG running around like crazy those years, now that I look back at it. He plays a different game now. Back then he had to be a big time assist man. I didn't think KG would be getting as many blocks as he did then. His rebounding numbers were very high in those days as well.

veilside23
06-06-2012, 09:58 AM
26 pts 11 reb 2 blocks a steal and a couple of assists... KG isnt clutch ??? get that $#!t away from here.... to free throws nothing but the buttom of the net....

kingkong
06-06-2012, 10:04 AM
props to Rondo for setting him up with perfect passes for wide open shots every time

ShaqAttack3234
06-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Yeah, they had KG running around like crazy those years, now that I look back at it. He plays a different game now. Back then he had to be a big time assist man. I didn't think KG would be getting as many blocks as he did then. His rebounding numbers were very high in those days as well.

Yeah, he handled the ball outside much more and was even the screen/roll ball handler at times in the early 00's, they'd also have him guarding the opposing teams best perimeter player often....just about the only 7 footer I can think of who did, except for Marcus Camby who did that once in a while when he was a Knick.

Eat Like A Bosh
06-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Props to Kevin Garnett, he's been as good as he's ever been these years since 2008. Not to mention he's playing center.:bowdown:

RaininTwos
06-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Props to Kevin Garnett, he's been as good as he's ever been these years since 2008. Not to mention he's playing center.:bowdown:
I think he's playing better than he did in 08.

Round Mound
06-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Hahaha so he can't be compared to your mate.

Indeed. Barkley was more Dominant and Efficient Both Play-Offs and Season: Higher PER, Higher +/-, Higher EFF, Higher WS, Higher OWS, Higher WS Per 48 Minutes etc