PDA

View Full Version : Kobe's Game 2 Choke vs Lebrons Game 2 Choke

LBJMVP
05-17-2012, 12:36 AM
kobe's last four possessions

up 5...... 2 turnovers, an airball, and a brick all ending with OKC getting possession.

lebrons final five minutes

0-2 shooting

1-4 on free throws, 2 misses in a row when indiana was up 1 with 50 seconds.
gets scared off even looking at the rim when miami is down two and defers to battier and then wade.

those two missed free throws make it close, and even though lebron refused to even attempt a shot at the end, kobe was taking terrible shots causing the loss?

who you got?

Velocirap31
05-17-2012, 12:38 AM
Kobe's is worse because the Lakers should have won the game. They were up 7 with 2 mins to go.

Doranku
Both are pathetic.

DuMa
i think the biggest error was that lakers were down 1 and had 18 seconds left and treated it like they only need to take the last shot. kobe was wasting so much time.

DTreats
Steve Blake vs. Mario Chalmers, worse choke?

TeamLAC
05-17-2012, 12:39 AM
Kobe's is worse because the Lakers should have won the game. They were up 7 with 2 mins to go.
This.
Heat weren't even in the lead. Plus it was LBJ and Wade... this was ALL kobe.
I love Kobe but holy sh.t he's really lost his edge. :(

RRR3
05-17-2012, 12:39 AM
Chalmer is incapable of choking. It was LeBron's fault, he got in Chalmers way with a clumsy screen.

LBJMVP
05-17-2012, 12:40 AM

good question... i'd say chalmers.

it looked like he actually knew he would be shooting it, but blake was surprised kobe didnt get the ball and maybe rushed a little bit.

DMAVS41
Kobe's was definitely worse.

G-Funk
They both choked, I've never seen a player like Kobe choke since Lebrons Finals

Tenchi Ryu
Both...just ugh
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

EnoughSaid
05-17-2012, 12:41 AM
LeBron had an all around great game. He had 28 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists while shooting 10-22 from the floor. MUCH better than Kobe.

G-Funk

WTF? since when does one choke job become better then the other. both sucked

StateOfMind12
Kobe was more responsible for the Lakers loss than LeBron was for the Heat loss. Both were obviously responsible but Kobe was more responsible in my opinion. You can't argue that anyone else on the Lakers choke except maybe Blake while you could argue that Chalmers and Wade both choked for the Heat.

DMizzle

it looked like he actually knew he would be shooting it, but blake was surprised kobe didnt get the ball and maybe rushed a little bit.

chalmers got fouled :lebronamazed:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/14184/was-chalmers-fouled-on-last-second-shot

RRR3
05-17-2012, 12:42 AM

How is it choking to miss a three coming off a screen?:facepalm ISH where when someone misses a game winning shot no matter what kind of shot it is no matter what kind of player you are=Choker

Tenchi Ryu
LeBron had an all around great game. He had 28 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists while shooting 10-22 from the floor. MUCH better than Kobe.
That's what makes Bron's look so bad, CAUSE he had such a good game and then completely folded....like WTF are you doing?

RRR3
That's what makes Bron's look so bad, CAUSE he had such a good game and then completely folded....like WTF are you doing?
LeBron didn't have a particularly good game despite the stats.

Kingwillball
05-17-2012, 12:43 AM

PLUS 6 steals and Great Defense.. 28,9,5,6 10-22 shooting to Kobe 20,4,3 on 9-25 shooting

RRR3

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/14184/was-chalmers-fouled-on-last-second-shot
I knew there had to be a reason. Chalmers never misses game winners.

LBJMVP

wow... only explanation i can say for that is that refs don't really like to give that call on the final shot. especially from three.

RRR3
05-17-2012, 12:44 AM
wow... only explanation i can say for that is that refs don't really like to give that call on the final shot. especially from three.
Against the Heat at Home? :coleman:
They must have just missed it. If it was LeBron or Wade they'd have called it:lol

TheBigVeto
Kobe's choke is worse.

LBJMVP
How is it choking to miss a three coming off a screen?:facepalm ISH where when someone misses a game winning shot no matter what kind of shot it is no matter what kind of player you are=Choker

it was a joke.... :lol lighten up.

as for the non call... i remember the same happened to durant three seasons ago. huge non call that cost them a the 7 seed i think.

Kingwillball
LeBron didn't have a particularly good game despite the stats.

28,9,5,6 with Good Defense and to some he did not play great just shows U he is EASILY best player in the World until the Final minute of games.

Indian guy
05-17-2012, 12:45 AM
GTFOH :oldlol:

At least LeBron scored 10 points(3-6 FG) and brought his team back from a 9 point 4th qtr deficit. He didn't single-handedly blow a 7 point lead by shooting 2-9 for 4 points and commit 2 costly turnovers. There's no comparison.

Deuce Bigalow
05-17-2012, 12:45 AM
Kobe's was worse

Tenchi Ryu
05-17-2012, 12:46 AM

At least LeBron scored 10 points(3-6 FG) and brought his team back from a 9 point 4th qtr deficit. He didn't single-handedly blow a 7 point lead by shooting 2-9 for 4 points and committing 2 costly turnovers. There's no comparison.
Dude...a choke is a damn choke. Period. Both their asses need to do some reevaluating.

nba_55
05-17-2012, 12:46 AM
It s not even close.
Kobe gave away the game to OKC. Unforced turnovers, bad shots, stupid play by running the clock at the end.

LBJMVP
05-17-2012, 12:47 AM

At least LeBron scored 10 points(3-6 FG) and brought his team back from a 9 point 4th qtr deficit. He didn't single-handedly blow a 7 point lead by shooting 2-9 for 4 points and committing 2 costly turnovers. There's no comparison.

kobes was worse

but lebron missing both of those free throws is sooooo bad.
could have changed everything even if he made 1.

I<3NBA
05-17-2012, 12:49 AM
which is worse? missing a free throw or throwing away a 7 point lead?

BuGzBuNNy
05-17-2012, 12:56 AM
So are people counting the Steve Blake pass as a Kobe turnover? I also don't see how he can be blamed for missing the pass from Metta with the shotclock down.

I'll only give credit for the one turnover and I don't remember the airball.

Don't consider the Lebron "choke" that bad either, though I guess anytime you miss 2 FTs down the stretch it can be considered a choke. His was more of an annoyance

White Mamba
05-17-2012, 03:20 AM
which is wrose, missing tough shots facing great defense or don't even look for the ball?

kobe's not a chocker, never will be - chockers afraid to shoot it, kobe will take the risk.

call me when kobe airball a free throw at the nba finals:facepalm

Quickening
05-17-2012, 03:22 AM
The difference is Lebron played awesome the rest of the game, Kobe never does.

Quickening
05-17-2012, 03:23 AM
which is wrose, missing tough shots facing great defense or don't even look for the ball?

kobe's not a chocker, never will be - chockers afraid to shoot it, kobe will take the risk.

call me when kobe airball a free throw at the nba finals:facepalm

What about when he hits 6 for 24 in game 7 of the NBA finals.:coleman:

White Mamba
05-17-2012, 03:24 AM

funny that.

the mavs chocked away 7 point lead @okc just last round - TWICE.

with horrible turnovers from dirk.

kobe is not a chocker, dirk is not a chocker, shit happens but they are willing to give the best they can for the W.

LBJ is not willing to give the best he can at the big stage.

White Mamba
05-17-2012, 03:25 AM
What about when he hits 6 for 24 in game 7 of the NBA finals.:coleman:

at least he had 11 points in the 4th quarter, 3 asists and 8-9 free throws.

he came alive when it was time to clinch the ring. not like the ringless.

Quickening
05-17-2012, 03:26 AM
funny that.

kobe is not a chocker, dirk is not a chocker, shit happens but they are willing to give the best they can for there team.

Kobe let Blake take last shot.... :lol People moan when Lebron lets Wade (top 5 player in the league) take last shot.:lol

Quickening
05-17-2012, 03:27 AM
at least he had 11 points in the 4th quarter, 3 asists and 8-9 free throws.

he came alive when it was time to clinch the ring. not like the ringless.

Worst FMVP performance ever.... 6 for 24 game 7- ice cold.:lol

DMAVS41
05-17-2012, 05:03 AM
funny that.

kobe is not a chocker, dirk is not a chocker, shit happens but they are willing to give the best they can for the W.

LOL. Dirk scored 11 of the last 13 points for the Mavs and got to the free throw line down 1 with 9 seconds left. Made both to give the Mavs a lead.

Please do not compare even remotely what happened tonight to that.

Mr. Jabbar
05-17-2012, 05:11 AM
What kobe did was far worse, in his favor though, he never shyed away from the ball, just awful play.

gilalizard
05-17-2012, 05:39 AM
Kobe's was worse, no question.

But LeBron's legacy of choke is greater already. His crowning jewel of mentally weak chokeness in the '11 Finals will go down in history as one of the greatest choke jobs by one of the most talented athletes ever.

Kobe's individual choke in this game is far greater than LeBron's individual choke in his corresponding game.

But LeBron has the LEGACY of choke, as arguably the most gifted and talented player ever, to back him up. And he's got far more years in front of him to choke with than Kobe does. The chances of him expanding his legacy as the most gifted choker of all time are great!

LeBron is more gifted than Kobe, thus his chokes are more significant.

sekachu
05-17-2012, 06:06 AM
kobe's last four possessions

up 5...... 2 turnovers, an airball, and a brick all ending with OKC getting possession.

lebrons final five minutes

0-2 shooting

1-4 on free throws, 2 misses in a row when indiana was up 1 with 50 seconds.
gets scared off even looking at the rim when miami is down two and defers to battier and then wade.

those two missed free throws make it close, and even though lebron refused to even attempt a shot at the end, kobe was taking terrible shots causing the loss?

who you got?

I am surprised that kobe choke in the final quarter, how rarely. I am not surprise about lebron

Xover
05-17-2012, 06:52 AM
So, Kobe threw his teammates under the bus after game 6 of the nuggets series... Who didn't "bring it" this time round tho?

hennigplex
05-17-2012, 06:53 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1103207/blakeyy_medium.gif

SunsCaptain
05-17-2012, 07:03 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1103207/blakeyy_medium.gif

Oh shit Kobe is a vampire?

He sucks on his teamates life supply to fuel his chucking....

He saw Blake was making shots so he thought he would draw on that energy.....to bad....9/25 Its steve blake Kobe!

But leaving Blake depleted of his own energy he missed the wide open game winner he would have normaly made.

Thats what I got out of the gif.

zay_24
05-17-2012, 08:12 AM
Im the biggest kobe stan on this site

But kobes was worst

swi7ch
05-17-2012, 08:24 AM
Hopefully last night puts an end over the Kobe > Jordan argument.

Doranku
05-17-2012, 08:25 AM
Hopefully last night puts an end over the Kobe > Jordan argument.
There was never an argument to begin with you ****ing moron.

Dresta
05-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Dude...a choke is a damn choke. Period. Both their asses need to do some reevaluating.
What a fatuous remark. That's like saying 'a comeback's a comeback, whether from 20 points down or from 4'; don't be a ****ing idiot.

All Net
05-17-2012, 10:14 AM
This loss was on Kobe

no other ways of putting it. He messed up. The game was won and he made poor decisions that cost us.

kingkong
05-17-2012, 10:17 AM
I am surprised that kobe choke in the final quarter, how rarely. I am not surprise about lebron

Actually it happens all the time

nathanjizzle
05-17-2012, 10:19 AM
derrick rose :facepalm

che guevara
05-17-2012, 11:33 AM

At least LeBron scored 10 points(3-6 FG) and brought his team back from a 9 point 4th qtr deficit. He didn't single-handedly blow a 7 point lead by shooting 2-9 for 4 points and commit 2 costly turnovers. There's no comparison.
Yeah, this is ridiculous. It's Kobe by a mile. Lebron hasn't choked a game away that badly in years, really since his early Cleveland seasons.

obonpaxis
05-17-2012, 11:55 AM
In an ESPN article today there's that Kobe quote from their Game 6 loss to the Nuggets:

"You have to emotionally put yourself with your back against the wall and kind of trick yourself, so to speak, to feel that there's no other option but to perform and to battle."

To me, this is the key difference between Kobe and Lebron. Lebron's insecurities always sneak up on him in crunch-time. There is no doubt in my mind that all his past failures weigh heavily on him and he knows his rep is at stake more and more each passing season. You can see it in his demeanor. Kobe on the other hand NEVER DOUBTS he can take over and win the game in crunch time, no matter how bad he's played during the game up to that point. His athleticism is waning and he can't assert himself like he used to, but dude is the master of cognitive dissonance and I'd still rather have him taking my team's last shot (in the playoffs anyway) than Lebron.

Lebron needs a hypnotist or something.

Eat Like A Bosh
05-17-2012, 12:20 PM
Both chokes were awful. But Kobe's was the worst, lead by 7 with less than 2 min remaining. They could've won the game by just running the clock down completely 24 seconds and not take a shot, and mathematically won the game. Kobe took shots too early. And they actually had a lead.

pegasus
05-17-2012, 12:26 PM
Both chokes were awful. But Kobe's was the worst, lead by 7 with less than 2 min remaining. They could've won the game by just running the clock down completely 24 seconds and not take a shot, and mathematically won the game. Kobe took shots too early. And they actually had a lead.

I agree that his was worse, although I don't think it was choking. It was a bad defensive play (allowing Harden to drive to the basket when they were up by 7), and turning the ball over and costing two easy points when they were up by 5. But I don't think he shot too early. He took last second fade-away shots with defender's hand in his face. If anything, they should have executed better and taken an earlier but higher percentage shot.

Indian guy
05-17-2012, 12:28 PM
In an ESPN article today there's that Kobe quote from their Game 6 loss to the Nuggets:

"You have to emotionally put yourself with your back against the wall and kind of trick yourself, so to speak, to feel that there's no other option but to perform and to battle."

To me, this is the key difference between Kobe and Lebron. Lebron's insecurities always sneak up on him in crunch-time. There is no doubt in my mind that all his past failures weigh heavily on him and he knows his rep is at stake more and more each passing season. You can see it in his demeanor. Kobe on the other hand NEVER DOUBTS he can take over and win the game in crunch time, no matter how bad he's played during the game up to that point. His athleticism is waning and he can't assert himself like he used to, but dude is the master of cognitive dissonance and I'd still rather have him taking my team's last shot (in the playoffs anyway) than Lebron.

:oldlol: @ completely avoiding the question. Who choked worse, Kobe or LeBron? The answer is pretty obvious. Heck, had LeBron knocked down those 2 free throws, it would have capped of a very successful, 12-point 4th qtr for him, with a likely come-from-behind victory. Kobe on the other hand missed his last 7 shots and committed 2 turnovers. This was unprecedented choking for a superstar.

For all of LeBron's supposed mental demons, this is the 5th straight season he's been more productive in crunch time than Kobe.

pegasus
05-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Kobe on the other hand missed his last 7 shots and committed 2 turnovers.

Not that it matters much, but he actually missed his last 6 shots, after making the previous 2.

Mirko Cro Cop
05-17-2012, 12:51 PM
LeBron brought his team back from like 9 pts down to almost winning the game

Kobe brought his team down from being 7 pts up to losing the game

you figure it out

obonpaxis
05-17-2012, 12:54 PM
:oldlol: @ completely avoiding the question.

Kobe choked worse.

I'm just saying he's mentally tougher than Lebron. Both these guys are in my Top 10 for Most Annoying Pro Athletes of All Time, but one of them closes games like he has post-traumatic stress disorder. The other is past his prime as an alpha dog and refuses to admit it. If I had to choose, I'd still rather have the latter guy in crunch time.

pegasus
05-17-2012, 12:54 PM
LeBron brought his team back from like 9 pts down to almost winning the game

Kobe brought his team down from being 7 pts up to losing the game

you figure it out

Well, with that logic, Kobe was part of the reason why they were up by 7 points in the first place, because he made two tough shots in a row.

Lebron didn't want the responsibility in the last two minutes, and Kobe wanted it but performed poorly.

tmacattack33
05-17-2012, 01:12 PM
Wow. I can't believe this thread was even made. It's ridiculous that even one person thinks that lebrons overall B game with some missed free throws in the end and the bad play on the second to last possession compares to the player responsible for one of the most epic let downs in recent memory.

Ridiculous.

LBJMVP
05-17-2012, 01:33 PM
Wow. I can't believe this thread was even made. It's ridiculous that even one person thinks that lebrons overall B game with some missed free throws in the end and the bad play on the second to last possession compares to the player responsible for one of the most epic let downs in recent memory.

Ridiculous.

well its not like steve blake threw a great pass to kobe on the one turnover.

and missing two free throws while down one is comparably just as bad as kobe bricking two shot shots while up a couple points.

plus, once again lebron brings back the team, only to defer and choke in the last couple minutes.

it think its alot closer than people think just because of lebron being afraid to even look at the rim on the second to last possession, and the free throws misses are way worse than anything kobe did.

triangleoffense
05-17-2012, 02:00 PM
It looked really bad for Kobe last night, no disputing that. Looked totally complacent (or gassed?) down the stretch last night, starting with that incredibly lazy over-the-top pass to Gasol, that almost seemed to float in slow-motion as Westbrook just went over the top and outran the entire Lakers team by entire seconds. What's more is that the team seemed to totally give up after that, starting with Bryant. It seemed like the team saw it's leader wounded and down and that somehow wounded them as well mentally down the stretch.

talkingconch
05-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Both are bad but we're talking about Lebron here buddy lol. 1 game doesnt change anything :biggums:

OldSchoolBBall
05-17-2012, 02:33 PM
Kobe on the other hand missed his last 7 shots and committed 2 turnovers. This was unprecedented choking for a superstar.

Yeah, I don't think people are fully grasping JUST HOW BAD the last few minutes (and especially the last 2 minutes) were for him, and how unprecedented it is from a superstar player. You'd have to go back to the 1980's "Tragic Johnson" stuff to find anything even remotely comparable, and even that was several incidents spread out over the 4th quarters of a FEW GAMES, not several blunders over 2 MINUTES.

Kobe missed his last 7 shots, lets Harden abuse him a couple of times which swung momentum OKC's way, then has an inexcusable TO leading to a Durant basket, a terrible forced shot after monopolizing the ball that was an airball leading to an OKC score, ANOTHER turnover due to not coming to meet the pass, ANOTHER missed shot, then not being cognizant of the game/clock situation and taking forever to make his move at the end with the Thunder having a foul to give, leaving LA with little time to make a good play, then giving up and not fouling Sefalosha at the end (Gasol did, but it let a couple more seconds tick off). I mean...wow.

I've never seen an all-time great player choke like this and make more mistakes and bad plays in the last few minutes of a critical game. Unbelievable.

The best part was Kobe's response to the reporter's question post-game, when he acted like people jumping in the passing lanes to steal/deflect lazy passes was some sort of arcane tactic that hadn't been seen since the days of yore, and LA wasn't properly schooled on the fact that such a thing was even possible. :oldlol:

How about the fact that you threw the first pass DIRECTLY TO Durant, and then didn't come to meet the second pass? Durant "stole" that pass with his face - he stole it the same way the Titanic "stole" the iceberg that hit it. :oldlol: News flash Kobe: when a team is down 7 with 2:00 to go, they're going to take some risks and be aggressive defensively. :facepalm

tpols
05-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Yeah, I don't think people are fully grasping JUST HOW BAD the last few minutes (and especially the last 2 minutes) were for him, and how unprecedented it is from a superstar player. You'd have to go back to the 1980's "Tragic Johnson" stuff to find anything even remotely comparable, and even that was several incidents spread out over the 4th quarters of a FEW GAMES, not several blunders over 2 MINUTES.

Kobe missed his last 7 shots, lets Harden abuse him a couple of times which swung momentum OKC's way, then has an inexcusable TO leading to a Durant basket, a terrible forced shot after monopolizing the ball that was an airball leading to an OKC score, ANOTHER turnover due to not coming to meet the pass, ANOTHER missed shot, then not being cognizant of the game/clock situation and taking forever to make his move at the end with the Thunder having a foul to give, leaving LA with little time to make a good play, then giving up and not fouling Sefalosha at the end (Gasol did, but it let a couple more seconds tick off). I mean...wow.

I've never seen an all-time great player choke like this and make more mistakes and bad plays in the last few minutes of a critical game. Unbelievable.

The best part was Kobe's response to the reporter's question post-game, when he acted like people jumping in the passing lanes to steal/deflect lazy passes was some sort of arcane tactic that hadn't been seen since the days of yore, and LA wasn't properly schooled on the fact that such a thing was even possible. :oldlol:

How about the fact that you threw the first pass DIRECTLY TO Durant, and then didn't come to meet the second pass? Durant "stole" that pass with his face - he stole it the same way the Titanic "stole" the iceberg that hit it. :oldlol: News flash Kobe: when a team is down 7 with 2:00 to go, they're going to take some risks and be aggressive defensively. :facepalm
You must have nutted on yourself 10 times last night.:oldlol:

OldSchoolBBall
05-17-2012, 02:43 PM

...in the 5 minutes after the buzzer sounded alone. :D :oldlol:

keep-itreal
05-17-2012, 02:50 PM
:roll:

IllegalD
05-17-2012, 03:10 PM
...in the 5 minutes after the buzzer sounded alone. :D :oldlol:

What's your obsession with Kobe? You certainly seem to devote a lot of time talking/thinking about him.

OldSchoolBBall
05-17-2012, 03:54 PM
What's your obsession with Kobe? You certainly seem to devote a lot of time talking/thinking about him.

Don't like him, never have. His affectations, mimicry, outsized ego, and childishness over the years have not endeared him to me. I won't detail the specifics. So seeing him fail is great.

HorryIsMyMVP
05-17-2012, 04:20 PM
This choke job is the worst. It's a road game for LA and the refs were rigging it for them so hard.

Kiddlovesnets
05-17-2012, 05:48 PM
Kobe does not choke, he is washed up and just aint as good as he used to be. Lebron has no excuse though, hes at his prime...

Quickening
05-17-2012, 05:49 PM
Kobe does not choke, he is washed up and just aint as good as he used to be. Lebron has no excuse though, hes at his prime...

Have you seen Kobes prime clutch stats, retard.

Kiddlovesnets
05-17-2012, 05:51 PM
Have you seen Kobes prime clutch stats, retard.

Of course I have, hes probably not as clutch as fans hyped him up to be but definitely better than Lebron who choked away a championship.

Quickening
05-17-2012, 05:53 PM
Of course I have, hes probably not as clutch as fans hyped him up to be but definitely better than Lebron who choked away a championship.

Kobe, 6 for 24 in game 7 of finals..... and Lakers still won.

Kobe just been lucky his played for a stacked franchise his WHOLE career.

LBJDW305
05-17-2012, 06:34 PM
Heat were down...lakers were up...not going to point fingers but its obvious choking a 7pt lead with 2 minutes is worst then not tying or winning the game...with that said...both are still pathetic

Kiddlovesnets
05-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Kobe, 6 for 24 in game 7 of finals..... and Lakers still won.

Kobe just been lucky his played for a stacked franchise his WHOLE career.

umm I did not say Kobe was clutch, did I? I just dont think he choked game 2 away since he was already washed up. Lebron had no excuse of playing poorly in his prime.