PDA

View Full Version : LeBron didn't deserve the MVP

Celtics4ever
05-17-2012, 09:55 PM
Dude doesn't deserve an MVP. I know he got it for the season and not the playoffs, but either way it should have been Durant's this year. Everyone knew he wouldnt show up for the playoffs. Product of ESPN.

StateOfMind12
05-17-2012, 09:57 PM
So why didn't LeBron deserve to be the MVP again?

If you want to say he isn't the best player in the league that is fine but you really said nothing to say why he didn't deserve the MVP. :oldlol:

Glide2keva
05-17-2012, 09:58 PM
Dude doesn't deserve an MVP. I know he got it for the season and not the playoffs, but either way it should have been Durant's this year. Everyone knew he wouldnt show up for the playoffs. Product of ESPN.
Remember how Heat trolls were saying at every given opportunity to take away Rose's MVP?

I bet they won't say the same about lebron.

Celtics4ever
05-17-2012, 09:58 PM
So why didn't LeBron deserve to be the MVP again?

If you want to say he isn't the best player in the league that is fine but you really said nothing to say why he didn't deserve the MVP. :oldlol:

He doesn't play a full complete game and he lacks closing skills. The MVP should go to a player that competes 4 quarters and can close out games.

eurobum
05-17-2012, 09:59 PM

LeBron JamESPN.

illuminatti!

NumberSix
05-17-2012, 09:59 PM
OP is a ******

Collie
05-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Don't worry. He won't win another one until he wins a ring.

Celtics4ever
05-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Remember how Heat trolls were saying at every given opportunity to take away Rose's MVP?

The difference is Rose earned his MVP. He played his heart out last year and carried a no offesne Bulls team. We all saw what happened to the Bulls when Rose got injured in the playoffs. Rose performs when his team needs him to, especially in the 4th. LeBron is pretty unreliable.

This years MVP should have gone to Durant.

CelticBaller
05-17-2012, 10:01 PM
OP is a ******
MVP missing clutch FTs :oldlol:

Celtics4ever

That's why I'm surprised he won it this year..

Glide2keva
The difference is Rose earned his MVP. He played his heart out last year and carried a no offesne Bulls team. We all saw what happened to the Bulls when Rose got injured in the playoffs. Rose performs when his team needs him to, especially in the 4th. LeBron is pretty unreliable.

This years MVP should have gone to Durant.
Of course, we all know that. But tell that to heat trolls.

Celtics4ever
05-17-2012, 10:03 PM
Of course, we all know that. But tell that to heat trolls.

Just usual LeBron fans. They hate on every player (Durant, Kobe, Rose etc) so they can make LeBron look better.

lbj23clutch
05-17-2012, 10:04 PM
Durant was robbed.

Celtics4ever
05-17-2012, 10:21 PM
Durant was robbed.

It's pretty obvious at this point. Sucks for Durant.

Upgrayedd
05-17-2012, 10:23 PM

No they won't. Most LeBron/Heat fans aren't real NBA fans.

nathanjizzle
05-17-2012, 10:23 PM
no player was deserving of mvp this year. it should have been d rose again if he was healthy.

imdaman99
05-17-2012, 10:25 PM
It's pretty obvious at this point. Sucks for Durant.
im sure durant will be alright with it if okc wins it all

Oositdwn
05-17-2012, 10:26 PM
im sure durant will be alright with it if okc wins it all
FMVP >>>>> MVP :rockon:

Celtics 1825
This is why MVP should be rewarded after the playoffs. The playoffs is when your value to the team matters the most, not the regular season.

Celtics4ever
no player was deserving of mvp this year. it should have been d rose again if he was healthy.

Crazy how the Bulls went from being the best team to a bunch of scrubs without Rose.

But I disagree that no one deserves it, I think Durant really deserved it.

Upgrayedd
05-17-2012, 10:27 PM
Durant was robbed.

LeBron is the most over hyped player since Jordan. Only difference is Jordan could actually back it up on the court.

Celtics4ever
05-17-2012, 10:28 PM
This is why MVP should be rewarded after the playoffs. The playoffs is when your value to the team matters the most, not the regular season.

I think this just shows that the MVP award has lost meaning. The true award should be FMVP and that should hold more value.

Celtics4ever
05-17-2012, 10:29 PM
LeBron is the most over hyped player since Jordan. Only difference is Jordan could actually back it up on the court.

I agree. LeBron is good, but the hype is ridiculous. That's why I call him a product of ESPN.

LakersReign
05-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Like I've been saying. The MVP is no longer a valid award. It has devolved into a glorified popularity contest. Lebron "wins" it cuz he's popular since ESPN predicts him to win it every single year. It now seems a curse to the winning player and team. If you get an MVP award, you either get eliminated in the playoffs, or lose the Finals. The only way the NBA can fix this is to overhaul the MVP system and come up with VALID, CONSISTENT criteria. Not this crap of coming up with some b.s. criteria every year. When you have real criteria to go by, it ends this crap of giving it to the player who'd popular at the time. Yeah Lebron got his 3rd MVP and looks to be on the brink of elimination. Durant didn't get it and may soon eliminate the Lakers(as much as I hate to admit it.)

So...who's the REAL MVP?

(e)
05-17-2012, 10:34 PM
Shouldn't have won it this year for that reason alone.

3 MVPs should be reserved for the absolute Champion type player. The MJ's, Magic's, KAJ's, ect.

It would be one thing if Lebron was in a Minnesota KG type of situation, and stayed there his entire career - where he would just carry his team year in and year out to the Playoffs or something. But when you take Lebron off the Heat, they are still a top 3 team in the East and potential contenders with Wade/Bosh. Lebron's replacement would be Shane Battier/Mike Miller/James Jones combo, which isn't awful. (Obviously they couldn't replace him, but role players would be more than spot up shooters)

Take Durant off the Thunder, they are not a contending team. Harden and Westbrook couldn't get shit done without having Durant.

Durant was this years MVP, he definitely deserved it more than Lebron considering the circumstances. 3 time MVPs should be reserved for the absolute greatest, something Lebron hasn't rightfully accomplished.

SpecialQue
05-17-2012, 10:40 PM
But I don't get it. I thought Lebron was having his best statistical season?

Celtics4ever
05-17-2012, 10:43 PM

3 MVPs should be reserved for the absolute Champion type player. The MJ's, Magic's, KAJ's, ect.

It would be one thing if Lebron was in a Minnesota KG type of situation, and stayed there his entire career - where he would just carry his team year in and year out to the Playoffs or something. But when you take Lebron off the Heat, they are still a top 3 team in the East and potential contenders with Wade/Bosh. Lebron's replacement would be Shane Battier/Mike Miller/James Jones combo, which isn't awful. (Obviously they couldn't replace him, but role players would be more than spot up shooters)

Take Durant off the Thunder, they are not a contending team. Harden and Westbrook couldn't get shit done without having Durant.

Durant was this years MVP, he definitely deserved it more than Lebron considering the circumstances. 3 time MVPs should be reserved for the absolute greatest, something Lebron hasn't rightfully accomplished.

I agree. I was clueless when he won the award.

Celtics4ever
05-17-2012, 10:44 PM
Like I've been saying. The MVP is no longer a valid award. It has devolved into a glorified popularity contest. Lebron "wins" it cuz he's popular since ESPN predicts him to win it every single year. It now seems a curse to the winning player and team. If you get an MVP award, you either get eliminated in the playoffs, or lose the Finals. The only way the NBA can fix this is to overhaul the MVP system and come up with VALID, CONSISTENT criteria. Not this crap of coming up with some b.s. criteria every year. When you have real criteria to go by, it ends this crap of giving it to the player who'd popular at the time. Yeah Lebron got his 3rd MVP and looks to be on the brink of elimination. Durant didn't get it and may soon eliminate the Lakers(as much as I hate to admit it.)

So...who's the REAL MVP?

Good post. MVP awards shouldn't even be taken seriously these days.

imdaman99
05-17-2012, 10:46 PM

while there are plenty of things i agree with in your post, i think okc without durant would still be top 5 in the west

Shepseskaf
05-17-2012, 10:47 PM
Thus, Jordan was not over-hyped.

pauk
05-17-2012, 10:52 PM
Actually its now you see HOW MUCH LEBRON DESERVED THE MVP playing with this ****nig scrub team without Wade much of the year aswell.......... you take out Wade and/or Bosh and this is the worst team Lebron has ever had in his life.....

PyrrhusX
05-17-2012, 10:53 PM

The best statistics dont always give results.
Even his incredible stat line last year didnt help them in the road up to the finals.

FMVP > MVP, the finals is when the real season starts anyways.

Kingwillball
05-17-2012, 10:54 PM
Terrible Post and Thread.. Lebron Definately deserved MVP.. Not his Fault Bosh got HUrt, Wade is a Shell of HImself and his Role PLayers Suck..

LakersReign
05-17-2012, 10:56 PM
Please. That never seemed to make a difference when ALL Y'ALL were talking about Heat championship dynasty now....did it?:no:

Kiddlovesnets
05-17-2012, 10:57 PM
Again people are completely misunderstanding the meaning of MVP. It is a regular season award, nothing to do with playoffs performance. For this reason Dirk deserved his MVP in 2007 despite Mavs choking against Warriors, so were with Lebron's all three MVP titles...
:facepalm

The Iron Fist
05-17-2012, 10:58 PM

So...who's the REAL MVP?
Chris Paul

Noob Saibot
LeBron deserved it, problem is Miami is falling apart because of their weaknesses in the post, bench, sorry coaching, and injuries.

Shepseskaf

So...who's the REAL MVP?
I've been saying for years that the writers ruined the MVP when Steve Nash "won" it in 2005, then they compounded the travesty in 2006.

The MVP should ALWAYS be one of the top 5 players for a given year. Just take a look at the list of MVPs prior to 2005. Almost without exception, they were Hall of Fame-level players; some of the most dominant the game has ever seen.

Team wins should be a factor, but a player's overall skillset, ability, and dominance should be weighted higher, in my opinion.

That being said, I think that LBJ was the most dominant player during the regular season and deserved the MVP this year. He's a more complete player than Durant, and does more things for his team.

Durant is noticeably expanding his game, though. All things being equal, look for him to be the favorite to win it next year.

longtime lurker
05-17-2012, 11:00 PM

So...who's the REAL MVP?

The problem is MVP is voted by the media and stats nerds that get erections off numbers, but don't necessarily understand the intangibles of the game. Let players go back to voting for MVP and you'll have a true reflection of the real MVP.

hitmanyr2k
05-17-2012, 11:01 PM
I'm finding it pretty damn hilarious Lebron fans are having to come into this thread defending Lebron's MVP after those same hypocrites were killing Derrick Rose for his MVP at this same time last year :roll:

04mzwach
05-17-2012, 11:04 PM
Lebron earned it. I'm sick of the "It's my turn!" type of approach the NBA likes to push on us. Lebron will probably win next season too if he continues his domination.

stephanieg
05-17-2012, 11:05 PM
It's OK, LeBron can have the honor of being the only ringless 3x MVP winner.

Fiasco
05-17-2012, 11:07 PM
Real MVP = Chris Paul

Tenchi Ryu
05-17-2012, 11:09 PM
I'm finding it pretty damn hilarious Lebron fans are having to come into this thread defending Lebron's MVP after those same hypocrites were killing Derrick Rose for his MVP at this same time last year :roll:
This....how many times do we hear about Lebron getting robbed last year. After Rose's post-season games no less.

LakersReign
05-17-2012, 11:16 PM
The problem is MVP is voted by the media and stats nerds that get erections off numbers, but don't necessarily understand the intangibles of the game. Let players go back to voting for MVP and you'll have a true reflection of the real MVP.

That's what really needs to happen. Having the sportswrters vote for MVP when they're already biased for Lebron is quite pathetic to honest. While it is a regular season award, there's still no excuse for Lebron's play in the playoffs. If anything, that should inspire him to take his game to another level. It hasn't and it doesn't seem like it ever will. Therefore you have fans claiming he doesn't deserve it.

cteach111
05-17-2012, 11:23 PM
he can still prove his MVP worthiness. There's still more games to be played in this series.

Last time I checked, there have been teams that have come back from a 2-1 deficit

longtime lurker
05-17-2012, 11:33 PM
That's what really needs to happen. Having the sportswrters vote for MVP when they're already biased for Lebron is quite pathetic to honest. While it is a regular season award, there's still no excuse for Lebron's play in the playoffs. If anything, that should inspire him to take his game to another level. It hasn't and it doesn't seem like it ever will. Therefore you have fans claiming he doesn't deserve it.

What people don't understand is that the media can get caught up in hype and the "sexy story" too. I swear if Lin had played a whole season he would have gotten MVP votes. Lebron's play has been weird considering that the Heat are still in the series, where on the other hand Durant has really stepped up his play.

Celtics4ever
05-18-2012, 12:43 AM
LeBron is all ESPN hype. He stat padded his way through the whole season to get the MVP award which should have gone to Durant. Durant plays a complete game from 1st to 4th and has the desire and confidence to win and take over games.

k0kakw0rld
05-18-2012, 12:51 AM
LeBron is all ESPN hype. He stat padded his way through the whole season to get the MVP award which should have gone to Durant. Durant plays a complete game from 1st to 4th and has the desire and confidence to win and take over games.
You forgot to mention that Durant gets carried by Westbrook

pauk
05-18-2012, 12:51 AM
Dwyane Wade is losing this series for Miami Heat...

If a certain Heat Superstar averages 19-20 ppg for the entire playoffs and blew a layup at the end of a playoff game, violently shoved a defender in same game, missed 5 of his last shots that same game and then followed up two nights later missing a ton of shots with only 5 points and angrily cursed his coach out, would he be due for a public grilling, you think?

Nah...

LeBron James? Yeah. Of course.

Fudge
05-18-2012, 12:52 AM
I'm against LeBron in every way but it was a regular season award, so it doesn't matter at this point.

Upgrayedd
05-18-2012, 12:56 AM
Thus, Jordan was not over-hyped.

Jordan was over hyped but he could at least say he had 6 rings. People are still beating the shit out of each other for his shoes. I would say that is being over hyped.

Whoah10115
05-18-2012, 01:16 AM
I've been saying for years that the writers ruined the MVP when Steve Nash "won" it in 2005, then they compounded the travesty in 2006.

The MVP should ALWAYS be one of the top 5 players for a given year. Just take a look at the list of MVPs prior to 2005. Almost without exception, they were Hall of Fame-level players; some of the most dominant the game has ever seen.

Team wins should be a factor, but a player's overall skillset, ability, and dominance should be weighted higher, in my opinion.

That being said, I think that LBJ was the most dominant player during the regular season and deserved the MVP this year. He's a more complete player than Durant, and does more things for his team.

Durant is noticeably expanding his game, though. All things being equal, look for him to be the favorite to win it next year.

So Nash wasn't a top 5 player in 2005 or 2006? Is Nash not a Hall-of-Famer?

The MVP in 2005 and the MVP in 2007. Kobe should have won it in 2006.

amfirst
05-18-2012, 01:21 AM
Not a fan of LeBron, but LeBron deserve the MVP more than durant. It's a regular season award, as it should be. If Durant wants a MVP award he should chase the finals MVP.

Shepseskaf
05-18-2012, 01:31 AM
Jordan was over hyped but he could at least say he had 6 rings. People are still beating the shit out of each other for his shoes. I would say that is being over hyped.
Another fail for the educational system. The phrase "over-hyped" connotes that a person or thing is given precedence above and beyond its worth.

As much as MJ has been "hyped", its been justifiable because he's met and exceeded expectations. Therefore, he is not "over-hyped".

See how simple it is?

Shepseskaf
05-18-2012, 01:36 AM
So Nash wasn't a top 5 player in 2005 or 2006? Is Nash not a Hall-of-Famer?

The MVP in 2005 and the MVP in 2007. Kobe should have won it in 2006.
No, Nash was not a top 5 player in either year. He also would not be a potential Hall of Famer without those two bogus MVPs.

Whoah10115
05-18-2012, 01:53 AM
No, Nash was not a top 5 player in either year. He also would not be a potential Hall of Famer without those two bogus MVPs.

Well, that's just ridiculous.

Upgrayedd
05-18-2012, 02:05 AM
Another fail for the educational system. The phrase "over-hyped" connotes that a person or thing is given precedence above and beyond its worth.

As much as MJ has been "hyped", its been justifiable because he's met and exceeded expectations. Therefore, he is not "over-hyped".

See how simple it is?

The thing is you ask people who watched only casually when Jordan played and they'll act like Jordan is the be all end all in basketball. No one talks about Larry Bird and Magic Johnson and Kareem like they do Jordan. That's what I mean by MJ being over-hyped. He was great but he wasn't all there is.

Shepseskaf
05-18-2012, 02:10 AM
Well, that's just ridiculous.
What's ridiculous is the fact that you continue to post on ISH. You bring down the collective IQ of the whole board, because most of the time you don't have even the slightest clue.

Go ahead and tell me, genius, that Steve Nash was better than any of these players for either year.

Kobe Bryant
Tim Duncan
Lebron James
Dwayne Wade
Kevin Garnett
Dirk Nowitzki

More names could be added to this list, but I don't have the time to waste on doing research to respond to your dumb @ss.

And, no, without an MVP, Nash would never sniff the Hall of Fame.

bdreason
05-18-2012, 02:12 AM
It's a regular season award, and LeBron was certainly a top candidate.

Shepseskaf
05-18-2012, 02:15 AM
The thing is you ask people who watched only casually when Jordan played and they'll act like Jordan is the be all end all in basketball. No one talks about Larry Bird and Magic Johnson and Kareem like they do Jordan. That's what I mean by MJ being over-hyped. He was great but he wasn't all there is.
Did you just crawl out from under a rock? In case no one told you, Jordan is the consensus GOAT (that means 'greatest player of all-time').

As such, he will obviously be talked about more than other players. However, because of what he accomplished on the court, he is not "over-hyped".

Hammertime
05-18-2012, 02:17 AM
Did you just crawl out from under a rock? In case no one told you, Jordan is the consensus GOAT (that means 'greatest player of all-time').

As such, he will obviously be talked about more than other players. However, because of what he accomplished on the court, he is not "over-hyped".

So, as long as you're good, you cannot be overhyped? Not that I'm saying Jordan was, but for a self-righteous prick, you sure can't see flaws in your own logic.

Whoah10115
05-18-2012, 02:23 AM
What's ridiculous is the fact that you continue to post on ISH. You bring down the collective IQ of the whole board, because most of the time you don't have even the slightest clue.

Go ahead and tell me, genius, that Steve Nash was better than any of these players for either year.

Kobe Bryant
Tim Duncan
Lebron James
Dwayne Wade
Kevin Garnett
Dirk Nowitzki

I like that you quoted and agreed with me yesterday, and when I call your ridiculous opinion ridiculous, you shoot me off the website. Chill. Pill.

You think you would have, at least, mentioned the runner-up in Shaq. You think you would have mentioned AI, having his best season.

But whatever. For the record, Kobe shouldn't even have been on the All-NBA 3rd Team in 2005. KG should have been 1st Team, but his team also missed the playoffs (by a game). Duncan was nowhere near his usual self that year and he was clearly behind Nash. Nash was better than Dirk. Lebron was in his 2nd year and not making the playoffs in the East. Wade was terrific, but he wasn't better than Nash during his 2nd season.

2006, KG's team was awful and he missed All-NBA. Duncan should have missed All-NBA that year. Had the worse season of what could be considered his prime. Nash was better than Lebron, but I can appreciate that. He was also better than Dirk, but I can appreciate that. I said I would have given it to Kobe. Wade was incredible, and Nash was better.

2007, he was better than Kobe, he was honestly better than Dirk but I can appreciate that. The rest, not really.

But I am sorry. I didn't mean to bring down the IQ stuff :cry:

Shepseskaf
05-18-2012, 02:24 AM
So, as long as you're good, you cannot be overhyped? Not that I'm saying Jordan was, but for a self-righteous prick, you sure can't see flaws in your own logic.
To reiterate, he wasn't just "good", he was the GOAT. Why don't you use some that "logic" you talk about, and figure things out?

Shepseskaf
05-18-2012, 02:35 AM
I like that you quoted and agreed with me yesterday, and when I call your ridiculous opinion ridiculous, you shoot me off the website. Chill. Pill.

You think you would have, at least, mentioned the runner-up in Shaq. You think you would have mentioned AI, having his best season.

But whatever. For the record, Kobe shouldn't even have been on the All-NBA 3rd Team in 2005. KG should have been 1st Team, but his team also missed the playoffs (by a game). Duncan was nowhere near his usual self that year and he was clearly behind Nash. Nash was better than Dirk. Lebron was in his 2nd year and not making the playoffs in the East. Wade was terrific, but he wasn't better than Nash during his 2nd season.

2006, KG's team was awful and he missed All-NBA. Duncan should have missed All-NBA that year. Had the worse season of what could be considered his prime. Nash was better than Lebron, but I can appreciate that. He was also better than Dirk, but I can appreciate that. I said I would have given it to Kobe. Wade was incredible, and Nash was better.

2007, he was better than Kobe, he was honestly better than Dirk but I can appreciate that. The rest, not really.

But I am sorry. I didn't mean to bring down the IQ stuff :cry:
So much ignorance, and I just don't have the time to refute all of it. I'll make this short and quick.

Nash is a superb offensive facilitator. He is, however, embarrassingly inept on the other side of the ball, and not even close to being a complete player. That cannot be said for any of the other players on the list, with the possible exception of Dirk.

I specifically stated that Nash was not among the top 5 players for either year. I said nothing about team success or playoffs, just an individual player's skillset, with a measure of individual dominance thrown in.

Whoah10115
05-18-2012, 02:43 AM
So much ignorance, and I just don't have the time to refute all of it. I'll make this short and quick.

Nash is a superb offensive facilitator. He is, however, embarrassingly inept on the other side of the ball, and not even close to being a complete player. That cannot be said for any of the other players on the list, with the possible exception of Dirk.

I specifically stated that Nash was not among the top 5 players for either year. I said nothing about team success or playoffs, just an individual player's skillset, with a measure of individual dominance thrown in.

So much ignorance, and you still indulged me. I am forever grateful.

I'll take Nash's defense over Dirk's and I'd win that one.

Nash played better than those guys. It's arguable that they were better. You talk as tho Nash being better was not arguable. And that's dumb. Because it's not true.

gilalizard
05-18-2012, 02:44 AM
MVP is a regular season award. LeBron was great in the regular season. Thus he won.

Finals MVP is a playoffs reward. LeBron has not been great in the playoffs. Thus he has none.

What's the problem?

UtahJazzFan88
05-18-2012, 02:45 AM
Tony Parker should have been MVP instead.

Hammertime
05-18-2012, 02:51 AM
To reiterate, he wasn't just "good", he was the GOAT. Why don't you use some that "logic" you talk about, and figure things out?

Again, if his actual level is X, and the hype is Y, it's not possible for Y>X?

There are people on this forum who honestly believed MJ could've suited up and played for the Bobcats earlier this year.

pauk
05-18-2012, 02:52 AM
MVP is a regular season award. LeBron was great in the regular season. Thus he won.

Finals MVP is a playoffs reward. LeBron has not been great in the playoffs. Thus he has none.

What's the problem?

Show me anybody who dropped better than 28-8-5 (leading in ppg) while shutting down any opponent from PG-SG-SF-PF-C he guarded and averaging the most 4th quarter points and clutch stats in the playoffs............

Im waiting........

PS: What do you mean "he has none", there is no such thing as Playoffs MVP...

tpols
05-18-2012, 02:54 AM
If a player is called the unanimous GOAT when there are a few other players that definitely impacted the game just as much as him he can be considered overrated. KAJ was just as impactful a basketball player as MJ. So was Magic Johnson and Wilt imo. The battle for the number one spot should not be 99% MJ 1% everyone else. People just get riddled if they express an opinion that doesnt have MJ at 1.

gilalizard
05-18-2012, 02:54 AM
Show me anybody who dropped better than 28-8-5 while shutting down any defender and averaging the most 4th quarter points and clutch stats in the playoffs............

Im waiting........

What were his 4th quarter stats during last season's finals?

How'd he do in the second half tonight?

You can have the greatest material in the world, but if your timing sucks, you're gonna bomb.

vinsanity2756
05-18-2012, 02:16 PM
Tony Parker should have been MVP instead.
He certainly should've been in the conversation for MVP. The guy has been playing the best ball of his career. I just love this guy's floater, undefendable when he gets in the paint. There were 3 options for mvp to me those were : durant, james or parker.

FireDavidKahn
05-18-2012, 02:17 PM
MVP is a regular season award.

:sleeping
Next.

Glide2keva
05-18-2012, 02:20 PM
Stats aren't everything.

All Net
05-18-2012, 03:07 PM

You just killed your arguement.

Celtics4ever
05-19-2012, 12:41 PM
You just killed your arguement.

My point was they shouldnt have given him an MVP until he proved himself in the playoffs. But ESPN is always on his nuts.

Durant got robbed. LeBron is a joke player. Didn't deserve that MVP at all.

pauk
05-19-2012, 12:43 PM
My point was they shouldnt have given him an MVP until he proved himself in the playoffs. But ESPN is always on his nuts.

Tell me how he hasnt proved himself in the playoffs?

He has been the most productive player on both ends of the floor and is leading the league in 4th quarter scoring and clutch stats..... despite Wade dropping 5 points and Bosh being injured and his roleplayers/bench being horrible......... Durant has a MUCH BETTER SUPPORTING CAST while being less productive on both ends of the floor, especially defensively.... robbed???? haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahah... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

I dont mind you hating Lebron, not at all... but this delusion/fantasy/lies you create for your blinded Lebron hatred is just sad... you need a mental help my friend, im serious, this is not healthy...

Celtics4ever
05-19-2012, 12:47 PM

He has been the most productive player on both ends of the floor and is leading the league in 4th quarter scoring and clutch stats..... despite Wade dropping 5 points and Bosh being injured and his roleplayers/bench being horrible......... Durant has a MUCH BETTER SUPPORTING CAST....

I dont mind you hating Lebron, not at all... but why the delusion/fantasy/lies? :confusedshrug:

I know you're in denial. But LeBron has been obviously sucking it up in the playoffs, like he does every playoffs. He just isn't a good playoffs performer because he can't stat pad as much during the playoffs like he does during the season. The dude is a choker and has a mindset of a 1 year old rock.

Celtics4ever
05-19-2012, 12:49 PM

He has been the most productive player on both ends of the floor and is leading the league in 4th quarter scoring and clutch stats..... despite Wade dropping 5 points and Bosh being injured and his roleplayers/bench being horrible......... Durant has a MUCH BETTER SUPPORTING CAST while being less productive on both ends of the floor, especially defensively.... robbed???? haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahah... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

I dont mind you hating Lebron, not at all... but this delusion/fantasy/lies you create for your blinded Lebron hatred is just sad... you need a mental help my friend, im serious, this is not healthy...

Durant performs when his team needs him to step up his game and he always follows through with it. LeBron has never been that player.

SpecialQue
05-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Lebron was clearly great this season, but I'm starting to wonder at what point sports writers stop giving this guy MVPs. If he maintains the style of play he had this season, but fails to bring his team a championship, where's the value?

I don't think this series against the Pacers is over, but considering how much more value someone like Chris Paul had for their team (turned a joke of a franchise into a playoff team), I still don't see why a great player on a great team that's obviously favorites deserves this award.

Celtics4ever
05-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Lebron was clearly great this season, but I'm starting to wonder at what point sports writers stop giving this guy MVPs. If he maintains the style of play he had this season, but fails to bring his team a championship, where's the value?

I don't think this series against the Pacers is over, but considering how much more value someone like Chris Paul had for their team (turned a joke of a franchise into a playoff team), I still don't see why a great player on a great team that's obviously favorites deserves this award.

That's my point. Why would you keep giving MVPs to a guy that has never proved himself in the playoffs? You can't give MVPs for stat padding during the season.

RaininTwos
05-19-2012, 01:01 PM
That's my point. Why would you keep giving MVPs to a guy that has never proved himself in the playoffs? You can't give MVPs for stat padding during the season.
What has Durant done that Lebron hasn't?

You line of reasoning makes no sense. I could understand if Durant was winning championships and shit but he hasn't even made one finals appearance yet.

SpecialQue
05-19-2012, 01:07 PM
What has Durant done that Lebron hasn't?

You line of reasoning makes no sense. I could understand if Durant was winning championships and shit but he hasn't even made one finals appearance yet.

An argument can be made that the Thunder are absolutely, without a doubt Durant's team. He's the one they go to when they need a game winning shot, and he's also the one who carries the scoring load for this team. Unlike Miami's big three, where three #1 team options joined together, Durant was always the #1 option, and the Thunder have just drafted extremely well and got lucky with Westbrook and Harden becoming great. Also, this team, led by Durant, almost became the #1 team in the west in just a couple of years after their first playoff appearance. That type of thing should be rewarded. He's still developing, whereas Lebron has already had multiple opportunities to prove himself in the playoffs and finals.

I still think CP3 is the real MVP, but I can see the case for Durant.

RaininTwos
05-19-2012, 01:10 PM
An argument can be made that the Thunder are absolutely, without a doubt Durant's team. He's the one they go to when they need a game winning shot, and he's also the one who carries the scoring load for this team. Unlike Miami's big three, where three #1 team options joined together, Durant was always the #1 option, and the Thunder have just drafted extremely well and got lucky with Westbrook and Harden becoming great. Also, this team, led by Durant, almost became the #1 team in the west in just a couple of years after their first playoff appearance. That type of thing should be rewarded. He's still developing, whereas Lebron has already had multiple opportunities to prove himself in the playoffs and finals.

Lebron is an already proven postseason player and made the finals in his fourth year in the league.

So should Lebron have been MVP in 07?

Like I said, that logic is garbage.

RRR3
05-19-2012, 01:11 PM

Tell that to Westbrook:lol

SpecialQue
05-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Lebron is an already proven postseason player and made the finals in his fourth year in the league.

So should Lebron have been MVP in 07?

Like I said, that logic is garbage.

Yes, and wasn't able to do that again until he formed a superteam. I don't see how that helps your logic.

Nash
05-19-2012, 01:28 PM
It took ya'll less than one week and 2 missed FT's to reconsider?

This forum never ceases to amaze me. There was no player better than Lebron in the regular season, thats why he got it.

theaussieguy
05-19-2012, 01:34 PM
pretty simple formulae tho. You take durant off the OHC they are still pretty good.

You take Lebron from Miami and they are awful....just awful. No other player makes their team better like Lebron, at least for this season.

He sucks in the playoffs but they have a thing called FMVP and therefore you should not use playoff performances to justify why he should not of gotten a regular season reward.

FireDavidKahn
05-19-2012, 01:36 PM

Well then that's a horrible argument. The MVP is an award based on what happened during the season, there is no foreshadowing when it comes to the award.:facepalm

Celtics4ever
05-19-2012, 01:57 PM
pretty simple formulae tho. You take durant off the OHC they are still pretty good.

You take Lebron from Miami and they are awful....just awful. No other player makes their team better like Lebron, at least for this season.

He sucks in the playoffs but they have a thing called FMVP and therefore you should not use playoff performances to justify why he should not of gotten a regular season reward.

:rolleyes: Now LeBron still doesn't have help?
If you want to base it off that, then you should give the MVP to Rose. The bulls went from a great elite team to a scrub team without him.

Miami would still be good without LeBron. Quit talking out of your ass.

Nash
05-19-2012, 02:52 PM
:rolleyes: Now LeBron still doesn't have help?
If you want to base it off that, then you should give the MVP to Rose. The bulls went from a great elite team to a scrub team without him.

Miami would still be good without LeBron. Quit talking out of your ass.
You are a joke. So you think Bosh and Wade + rest of the crap they have would have made them equally as good? Do you think Durant and Westbrook with scrubs(no Ibaka, no Perkins, no Harden) would do anything?

And please drop the Celtics name, I actually respect and love the Boston sports culture and you're just a Rose fan.

TheMan
05-19-2012, 03:20 PM
Rose deserved his MVP, a case could be made for Howard that year though.

This year Durant could've won it, even Paul but I have no problem with LBJ having won it. He had a great season.

I don't see what's the controversy :confusedshrug:

Extempo
05-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Oh please. Durant is hardly the best player on his team, just like Lebron. The league is currently filled with sidekicks promoted as superstars. I don't know if anyone deserved the MVP this year...Lebron got it by default...I'd probably give it to Tony Parker over him.

montaownedu
05-19-2012, 03:51 PM
Oh please. Durant is hardly the best player on his team, just like Lebron. The league is currently filled with sidekicks promoted as superstars. I don't know if anyone deserved the MVP this year...Lebron got it by default...I'd probably give it to Tony Parker over him.

Wait, what?