PDA

View Full Version : Kobes response to critics lol, hes awesome

RazorBaLade
05-19-2012, 06:27 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kobe-bryant-embraces-moment--saves-lakers--season-with-game-3-win-over-thunder.html;_ylt=ArvFfqQsncZGqHeB97aceta8vLYF

pauk
05-19-2012, 06:29 AM
Well said Kobe... a bit arrogant, but i like it

RazorBalade... imagine if Lebron said that? You would be bashing him to hell, "oh lebron is such a cocky douchebag :facepalm "

triangleoffense
05-19-2012, 06:30 AM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/035/378/lulz.jpg

Kews1
05-19-2012, 06:32 AM

RazorBaLade
05-19-2012, 06:32 AM

RazorBalade... imagine if Lebron said that? You would be bashing him to hell, "oh lebron is such a cocky douchebag :facepalm "

Kobe *IS* a cocky douchebag. But he does it while shooting the ball, I just like to see the best players go all out.. Kobe does. If lebron builds a legacy of not caring about the critics and doing what he wants to do, then he says **** you critics after 5 championships, I'll accept him for who he is. For now, he's not even mentally tough enough to say what kobe did, let alone do what kobe does in the end of games.

Punpun
05-19-2012, 06:34 AM
Great article.

I<3NBA
05-19-2012, 06:39 AM
reporter should ask him again after they lose to OKC how it feels to play for the enjoyment of the game.

coin24
05-19-2012, 06:42 AM
Pauk even you have to admit LeBron doesnt go all out. If he actually just said fu*k it, give me the ball and dominated, people would respect him more.

If he forgot about the per/ twitter/ espn/ critics etc for once and just tried to flat out score and take over, he would be a lot better off. Those games in the regular season when wade was out and he scored around 35-40 were my only memorable moments fom LeBron this season.

Seeing as Wade is playing like shit, and the rest of the Heat seem to have forgotten how to shoot (excluding Chalmers) now is THE PERFECT time for LeBron to show us what he is made of. Time to step up. No more excuses, show some heart for once....

Thats the main difference between the two, Kobe laid an egg in game 2, comes out firing in game 3... Previously LeBron goes down in a series, gives up.... Lets see how he does in game 4

IcanzIIravor
05-19-2012, 07:12 AM

I think if Lebron had that attitude he would already have 1 or 2 rings. He is like Dwight Howard in that he is very talented, but he is definitely bothered by his critics. He doesn't always know how to channel what is said like a Kobe, MJ, Bird or Magic could.

Nick Young
05-19-2012, 07:33 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kobe-bryant-embraces-moment--saves-lakers--season-with-game-3-win-over-thunder.html;_ylt=ArvFfqQsncZGqHeB97aceta8vLYF

“I don’t give a [expletive] what you say,” Bryant told Yahoo! Sports late Friday. “If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you.

“Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That’s what I play for. Most of the time, when guys feel the pressure, they’re worried about what people might say about them. I don’t have that fear, and it enables me to forget bad plays and to take shots and play my game."

“I found it pretty funny, entertaining, that I made a bunch of mistakes down the stretch, mistakes that I normally don’t make,” Bryant said. “So yeah, I ended up laughing at myself. I knew we’d have a chance to get it back.

A journey into the mind.. of a psychopath
DaGAWD Mamba laying down the comdemnation on LECHOKE:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
http://www.sportsbully.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/kobe_dunk_dwight.jpg

tommyhtc
05-19-2012, 07:37 AM
this is why Kobe is such a delusional guy..

he needs to change his attitude, of course he is not playing for anyone but himself, but that doesn't mean he has to take contested jumpshot every time.

Punpun
05-19-2012, 07:38 AM
I'd love to be as deluded as Kobe. You know, having 100+ Millions at my name, 5 rings, One of the most succesful careers in the NBA and sports history.

Etc.

Nash
05-19-2012, 07:46 AM
Lebron says that his haters will go back to their ordinary lives and gets 100 times more shit than Kobe gets for saying f*ck you to the haters.

Serious question, don't you guys think thats a bit hypocritical?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-19-2012, 07:52 AM
Lebron says that his haters will go back to their ordinary lives and gets 100 times more shit than Kobe gets for saying f*ck you to the haters.

Kobe is a champion though - a multiple one at that. 16 years in, he's pretty much seen and done everything there is to do on the hardwood.

He can say whatever the fukk he wants in my book.

coin24
05-19-2012, 07:56 AM

Because Kobe genuinely doesn't care and has proven himself, lebron on the other hand:oldlol:
All he does is worry about what other people think and it's ruining his game..

nathanjizzle
05-19-2012, 08:01 AM

stupid. lebron is rubbing his money and fame in everyones face when he says that. kobe is just saying **** you if your going to criticize him. big difference to bad your too inbred to comprehend it

Nash
05-19-2012, 08:11 AM
Kobe is a champion though - a multiple one at that. 16 years in, he's pretty much seen and done everything there is to do on the hardwood.

He can say whatever the fukk he wants in my book.
No, no, no. This has nothing to do with rings. People were talking about his personality and him as a person calling him a douchebag when he said that.

And I have no idea how saying people will go back to their normal lives(normal as in life goes on, you are thrilled about my failure today but tomorrow your life will just go on.. not as in I have more money than you and your life sucks. Have no idea how people went that far with that statement btw) is worse than insulting people and telling them to **** themselves.

Rysio
05-19-2012, 09:09 AM

because its a lot easier to shit on a pansy like lebron. if he was more of a alpha male like kobe with the IDGAF attitude then maybe he wouldn't get shit on as much.

HorryIsMyMVP
05-19-2012, 09:29 AM
I'd love to be as deluded as Kobe. You know, having 100+ Millions at my name, 5 rings, One of the most succesful careers in the NBA and sports history.

Etc.
The Lakers were successful long before Kobe.

elementally morale
05-19-2012, 09:39 AM
stupid. lebron is rubbing his money and fame in everyones face when he says that. kobe is just saying **** you if your going to criticize him. big difference to bad your too inbred to comprehend it

This.

LBJMVP
05-19-2012, 09:40 AM

are you really comparing the to?

people call out kobe and he says f*ck you, which is a common saying for anyone.

people call out lebron and he pretty much says im rich you not so deal with it.

it is seriously sad that you just compared those two statements.

swi7ch
05-19-2012, 09:42 AM
LBJ should have this attitude instead of trying to please everyone. I'd take every shot in the 4th quarter even if they're set up for Wade. Why? Bec. LBJ > Wade

SpecialQue
05-19-2012, 09:44 AM
It's going to be sad when players like Kobe, Duncan, and KG retire, and we're stuck with all these whack-ass players more concerned about their "brand" than their game.

Punpun
05-19-2012, 09:46 AM

No rings since Magic. But that's beside the point. And you missed it.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

swi7ch
05-19-2012, 09:46 AM
but that doesn't mean he has to take contested jumpshot every time.
Why wouldn't he? He's the best player on his team. That gives him the right to shoot contested jumpers. It's an unspoken rule of basketball. The best player shoots whenever he wants. This is what separates the likes of Kobe, Jordan from the rest. They know they're the best and they act like it.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-19-2012, 09:53 AM
yup, but 5 championship victories in 16 years is very impressive.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-19-2012, 09:55 AM
It's going to be sad when players like Kobe, Duncan, and KG retire, and we're stuck with all these whack-ass players more concerned about their "brand" than their game.
Yup, but I think Kevin Durant will be above that. He will be a great one who is not concerned about image and brand.

PickernRoller
05-19-2012, 09:55 AM
No rings since Magic. But that's beside the point. And you missed it.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

When it comes to Kobe the only point he's not gonna miss is his point....gotta know better who you're dealing on ISH.......:rolleyes:

Comments are self-explanatory and not worth dwelling to....any "complex analysis' of what he just said is for the retards.

Punpun
05-19-2012, 09:56 AM
What are you even talking about ? :oldlol:

PickernRoller
05-19-2012, 09:58 AM
What are you even talking about ? :oldlol:

You're dumber than I though....have fun with the trolls trolling your @ss all day long here. Figured you wouldn't pick anything......

Punpun
05-19-2012, 10:00 AM
What are you even talking about, son ? How is anything you said any relevant with what I wrote ?

tontoz
05-19-2012, 10:30 AM
[“Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win.

WRONG

He plays for himself. If he played to win he wouldn't keep chucking up bad shots at the end of games. Other teams know what he is going to do and exploit it.

That is what the Pistons did in the Finals against them. The Pistons knew Ben couldn't guard Shaq man to man but they did it anyway. They believed that Kobe wouldn't give up the ball enough to make them pay for single guarding Shaq. Sure enough that is what happened.

Earlier in the year the Wizards beat the Lakers. Kobe went off in the first half. In the second half the Wizards made a run. Kobe tried to be a hero and went 1-10 in the fourth quarter. After the game Nick Young said that their plan was to double Kobe and leave other guys open because they knew Kobe wouldn't pass.

Punpun
05-19-2012, 10:32 AM
-That was Tontoz reporting from Kobe's brain.

Thank you Tontoz.

TheFrozenOne
05-19-2012, 10:36 AM
WRONG

Kobe doesn't play to win. He plays for himself. If he played to win he wouldn't keep chucking up bad shots at the end of games. Other teams know what he is going to do and exploit it.

That is what the Pistons did in the Finals against them. The Pistons knew Ben couldn't guard Shaq man to man but they did it anyway. They believed that Kobe wouldn't give up the ball enough to make them pay for single guarding Shaq. Sure enough that is what happened.

Earlier in the year the Wizards beat the Lakers. Kobe went off in the first half. In the second half the Wizards made a run. Kobe tried to be a hero and went 1-10 in the fourth quarter. After the game Nick Young said that their plan was to double Kobe and leave other guys open because they knew Kobe wouldn't pass.

And look at all the top scOrers today.....Kobe is the player who has won by far the most championships...7nba finals and 5rings...he plays to win....and he wins a lot

Next

amfirst
05-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Who cares if Kobe takes contested shots. U think MJ won by taking open jumpers or everyone in the playoffs take open shots. If ur hoping to take only open shots in the playoffs then prepare to keep passing the ball until time expires.

05-19-2012, 10:39 AM
WRONG

He plays for himself. If he played to win he wouldn't keep chucking up bad shots at the end of games. Other teams know what he is going to do and exploit it.

You hear that Kobe?

YOU'RE FCKING WRONG

selfish asshole

internet has spoken

tontoz
05-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Who cares if Kobe takes contested shots. U think MJ won by taking open jumpers or everyone in the playoffs take open shots. If ur hoping to take only open shots in the playoffs then prepare to keep passing the ball until time expires.

MJ created open looks for himself and also passed to open teamates at the end of games. He won his first title by passing to Paxon over and over again at the end of game 5 to close out the Lakers. He won by telling Kerr to be ready for the last shot, then hitting him with the pass for the game winner.

Chucking up bad, contested shots at the end of games is not what winners do. This year Kobe was 4th in the league in clutch shot attempts (less then 5 minutes left in tight games) and shot 32.7%.

Only one player in the top 20 in clutch attempts shot worse than Bryant and that was Brandon Jennings.

http://www.82games.com/1112/CSORT5.HTM

Meanwhile Bynum led the league in clutch shooting at 82%.

Doctor Rivers
05-19-2012, 11:12 AM

lol

coin24
05-19-2012, 11:12 AM
And back to reality, the wizards are a piece of shit and who gives a fu*k what nick young thinks about kobe:oldlol:

Bynums %s? Dont get me started on that guy, shows up for 2 games so far these playoffs then turns into a sulking piece of crap:facepalm

For anyone who says Kobe's style of play is unsucessful, what do 5 rings equal?? If thats unsucessful then WHAT THE FU*K IS LEBRON???:lol

TheFrozenOne
05-19-2012, 11:16 AM
MJ created open looks for himself and also passed to open teamates at the end of games. He won his first title by passing to Paxon over and over again at the end of game 5 to close out the Lakers. He won by telling Kerr to be ready for the last shot, then hitting him with the pass for the game winner.

Chucking up bad, contested shots at the end of games is not what winners do. This year Kobe was 4th in the league in clutch shot attempts (less then 5 minutes left in tight games) and shot 32.7%.

Only one player in the top 20 in clutch attempts shot worse than Bryant and that was Brandon Jennings.

http://www.82games.com/1112/CSORT5.HTM

Kobe has won 5 titles in nearly the same role as MJ ,facilitating early and taking over in the 4th

If U think MJ never shot a ton of contEstested jumpers then u cray

Also your point is dumb considering Kobe has 5 rings

tontoz
05-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Kobe has won 5 titles in nearly the same role as MJ ,facilitating early and taking over in the 4th

If U think MJ never shot a ton of contEstested jumpers then u cray

Also your point is dumb considering Kobe has 5 rings

When in doubt, create strawman and fall back on rings. Straight out of the fanboy playbook.

If you have an actual respose to my post then please do share. Your post has no relevance to mine.

This year Kobe had the highest usage rate in the NBA by far but his shooting efficiency ranked him 35th among shooting guards.

:facepalm

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/sg/sort/trueShootingPct

Rysio
05-19-2012, 11:26 AM
shows how meaningless some of these stats are.

Heavincent
05-19-2012, 11:26 AM
I love it. It will be a shame when Kobe retires. He's the last of his kind.

RaininTwos
05-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Because Kobe genuinely doesn't care and has proven himself, lebron on the other hand:oldlol:
if he didnt care he wouldn't address it

tontoz
05-19-2012, 11:31 AM
And back to reality, the wizards are a piece of shit and who gives a fu*k what nick young thinks about kobe:oldlol:

Bynums %s? Dont get me started on that guy, shows up for 2 games so far these playoffs then turns into a sulking piece of crap:facepalm

For anyone who says Kobe's style of play is unsucessful, what do 5 rings equal?? If thats unsucessful then WHAT THE FU*K IS LEBRON???:lol

I root against Lebron so I am not sure what your point is. I hope Indy kicks their ass.

In the playoffs Bynum is averaging 17/12 with 3.4 blocks per game. I think most teams wouldn't mind a center that sucked that bad. In the first 2 games against OKC he had 40 points and 23 rebounds while Kobe was putting on a chuckfest (16-43).

Off to the golf course. I am sure you nuutthuggers will continue your vigil to protect Kobe no matter how many bricks he throws up.

tontoz
05-19-2012, 11:32 AM
shows how meaningless some of these stats are.

They are only meaningless to idiots who don't understand them. Bynum's stats means teams are leaving him open. I wonder why.

Jailblazers7
05-19-2012, 11:35 AM

No Lebrons comment says "im better than you" while Kobes says "i dont care about your opinion." Big difference imo.

Kingwillball
05-19-2012, 11:35 AM
I respect Kobes attitude, if Lebron was like that he would be alot better off.

Heavincent
05-19-2012, 11:36 AM

They asked him the question.

Think before you post.

gilalizard
05-19-2012, 11:41 AM
Kobe is a volume shooter. He gets his through shooting A LOT.

The_Yearning
05-19-2012, 11:42 AM
He should have said this after game 2 but he ducked the reporters.

TheFrozenOne
05-19-2012, 12:05 PM
When in doubt, create strawman and fall back on rings. Straight out of the fanboy playbook.

If you have an actual respose to my post then please do share. Your post has no relevance to mine.

This year Kobe had the highest usage rate in the NBA by far but his shooting efficiency ranked him 35th among shooting guards.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/sg/sort/trueShootingPct

You bring up flawed stats and made up catagagorys to slight Kobe and try to say he is chucking .....or hurting his team

Yet he is one of the greatest champions of all time and recognized as the greatest player of his generation

Yet you site some guy named hollingsr?

Silly

amfirst
05-19-2012, 12:07 PM
passing the ball to inferior players doesn't win u championship, shooting the ball does...

longtime lurker
05-19-2012, 12:10 PM
What's not to like about this quote? If you dislike Kobe just say you dislike the man

DixieNourmous
05-19-2012, 12:23 PM
What's not to like about this quote? If you dislike Kobe just say you dislike the man

:applause:

LakersReign
05-19-2012, 12:27 PM

More proof that Lebronytes have no reading comprehension skills whatsoever. Y'all are so ready to take everything Kobe says and try to spin it to make him look bad, you don't even bother actually reading and understanding exactly what was said. No real surprise, cuz that's what you idiots do on here. Respond to post you didn't properly read and comprehend to begin with, making yourselves look stupid. Lebron pretty much said, "hate on me all you want to, but at the end of the day, I'm a rich NBA athlete, and you're not." And y'all can't understand that? But here goes Kobe saying "yeah y'all are gonna say I choked and if that's what you want to think **** you, cuz that's only your opinion. I don't play to worry about your opinion, I play cuz I love the game." And you're STILL gonna sit there and try to say those 2 statements SOMEHOW mean the same thing?:facepalm

I REST MY CASE!!!!:applause:

Rasheed1
05-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Kobe is a chump...

he always had the fake mean ass scowl on his face :oldlol: nobody buys his routine.

he says he doesnt care and that he plays for his love of the game...

that is BULLSH*T..

he feeds off negativity and always has... He has always cared what people thought of him, that why he has such a fake personality...

He was a wannabe Mj until he got mocked for it, then he claimed he never tried to be Mike's shadow. lol

Kobe is a total egomaniac, and he always has been..

I give him credit these days because at least he went out and won his own rings and stopped riding on shaq's back while acting like HE was the hero on the lakers.. his act was truly pathetic back then..

But he has become the true MAN and leader of the lakers, so I give him his dap there.

other than that? he is as phony as they come

Horatio33
05-19-2012, 12:39 PM

Kobe doesn't care? One of the most contrived sportsmen ever. Another act from him.

pauk
05-19-2012, 12:40 PM
passing the ball to inferior players doesn't win u championship, shooting the ball does...

Making the right plays (pass when you are supposed to or shoot when you are supposed to) wins you a championship....

pauk
05-19-2012, 12:41 PM
I respect Kobes attitude, if Lebron was like that he would be alot better off.

He has that attitude, even better attitude, he just aint that much of a douchebag to express it publicly the way Kobe can...

L8k3r5
05-19-2012, 12:47 PM
He has that attitude, even better attitude, he just aint that much of a douchebag to express it publicly the way Kobe can...
:kobe: :oldlol:

tpols
05-19-2012, 12:54 PM
Kobe is a chump...

he always had the fake mean ass scowl on his face :oldlol: nobody buys his routine.

that is BULLSH*T..

he feeds off negativity and always has... He has always cared what people thought of him, that why he has such a fake personality...

He was a wannabe Mj until he got mocked for it, then he claimed he never tried to be Mike's shadow. lol

I give him credit these days because at least he went out and won his own rings and stopped riding on shaq's back while acting like HE was the hero on the lakers.. his act was truly pathetic back then..

But he has become the true MAN and leader of the lakers, so I give him his dap there.

And who the fvck are you again?:oldlol:

JM720
05-19-2012, 01:24 PM
[QUOTE=RazorBaLade]http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kobe-bryant-embraces-moment--saves-lakers--season-with-game-3-win-over-thunder.html;_ylt=ArvFfqQsncZGqHeB97aceta8vLYF

PickernRoller
05-19-2012, 01:28 PM

Making the right plays (pass when you are supposed to or shoot when you are supposed to) wins you a championship....

He hasn't won any yet with it so........lets not overblow things and go to extremes like always. Besides, this has been discussed a million times before. It's all about balance and realizing when you have to take over or when a pass is the best option.

RoseCity07
05-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Oh he cares. That's why he had a meltdown in game 2.

DixieNourmous
05-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Kobe is a chump...

that is BULLSH*T..

And you get all of that by watching him play basketball on TV a few times a year? :lol http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/wtf/grand/50_wtf_big_gif.gif

LakersReign
05-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Oh he cares. That's why he had a meltdown in game 2.

Yeah moron cuz 1 "meltdown" in 1 game is supposed to be > MULTIPLE meltdowns over the last 4 YEARS....right?:hammerhead:

Think before you post:facepalm

TOUCH MY BODY
05-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Black Mamba :bowdown:

tmacattack33
05-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Total BS.

This exact scenario has happened like 10 times over the past few years:

1. Kobe has a string of 3-4 games where he shoots the ball 25 times at terrible efficiency.

2. The media goes crazy.

3. Kobe comes back the next day and plays like a completely different player and plays like a pass first PG, letting Gasol/Odom/Bynum/Artest get a lot of looks.

So, obviously he cares what the media (and thus the fans, who will usually just follow what the media says) thinks.

Heavincent
05-19-2012, 02:38 PM
Total BS.

1. Kobe has a string of 3-4 games where he shoots the ball 25 times at terrible efficiency.

2. The media goes crazy.

3. Kobe comes back the next day and plays like a completely different player and plays like a pass first PG.

So, obviously he cares what the media (and thus the fans, who will usually just follow what the media says) thinks.

Your posts are so atrocious.

LakersReign
05-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Total BS.

2. The media goes crazy.

3. Kobe comes back the next day and plays like a completely different player and plays like a pass first PG, letting Gasol/Odom/Bynum/Artest get a lot of looks.

You mean like ESPN telling us Lebron "king the chosen one" James was supposed to be the next Jordan?:hammerhead:

HorryIsMyMVP
05-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Total BS.

2. The media goes crazy.

When you say **** you out of anger that means you care. Kobe prides himself as being the ultimate closer. He is absolutely pissed people know he shoots 24% in the clutch.

Deuce Bigalow
05-19-2012, 02:43 PM
When you say **** you out of anger that means you care. Kobe prides himself as being the ultimate closer. He is absolutely pissed people know he shoots 24% in the clutch.
Clutch isn't just one shot. What do people not understand? :facepalm

Nevaeh
05-19-2012, 02:44 PM

Exactly. Kobe sounds like a bitter Stan defending himself in the OP. Must suck to think you're being "All World" on the court during a game, only to constantly find your teammates being more clutch, more consistent and more efficient than you are, game after game after game.

Nevaeh
05-19-2012, 02:46 PM

It didn't hurt Jordan passing to Paxon during the 91 Finals, or finding Steve Kerr for the go-ahead bucket in game 6 of the 97 Finals.
:confusedshrug:

HorryIsMyMVP
05-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Clutch isn't just one shot. What do people not understand? :facepalm
Kobe can make some clutch free throws I know. :facepalm

Heavincent
05-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Exactly. Kobe sounds like a bitter Stan defending himself in the OP. Must suck to think you're being "All World" on the court during a game, only to constantly find your teammates being more clutch, more consistent and more efficient than you are, game after game after game.

Must suck having 5 rings and being a top 10 player all time.

HorryIsMyMVP
05-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Must suck having 5 rings and being a top 10 player all time.
He isn't mad. Kobe is mad lol.

Heavincent
05-19-2012, 02:53 PM
He isn't mad. Kobe is mad lol.

What's there to be mad about?

LakersReign
05-19-2012, 02:54 PM

The only people who are OBSESSED with stats are stat geeks who know nothing about the game itself. So, they try to use stats to overcompensate for that lack of real basketball knowledge.:rolleyes:

Go ask John Hollinger how PER's been working out for him with Lebron as his posterboy.:lol

shadow
05-19-2012, 02:56 PM

It's different what Kobe said. He didn't insult his fans or the general public, he insulted the media. Lebron may not have meant it but his words were easy to twist into portraying him as insulting the general public.

That said I agree Kobe's gotten a lot more slack from the media the last couple of years. I think the combination of winning the two back to backs and also the fact that he's on the tail end of his career help him out a bit. Besides It's not like he didn't get roasted after flubbing game two so he still hears it. He's not getting the MJ treatment for sure.

Deuce Bigalow
05-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Kobe can make some clutch free throws I know. :facepalm
What about last night when the Lakers were down 3 with 1:30 to go and he made a shot to get it to within 1. Is that not clutch because it wasn't less than 24 seconds?
What about Kevin Durant's jumper that he hit with a minute remaining down 1, was that not clutch because it wasn't under 24 seconds?

HorryIsMyMVP
05-19-2012, 03:08 PM
What's there to be mad about?
He one day wanted to be considered above MJ. And he knows to do that he would have to make 14 game winners in a row.

LakersReign
05-19-2012, 04:30 PM
He one day wanted to be considered above MJ. And he knows to do that he would have to make 14 game winners in a row.

One of the dumbest things I've E-V-E-R heard:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Just gotta love it how you clowns don't think twice about setting up IMPOSSIBLE standards for Kobe to supposedly pass MJ, based only on your BLATANT Kobe hate. Cuz you're way too stupid to understand the FACT that Lebron CAN'T pass them either. Even though he was supposed to be the next MJ.:lol

OOPS!!!!:facepalm

d.bball.guy
05-19-2012, 04:36 PM
I like the cockyness on that one.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-19-2012, 04:37 PM
Kobe is saying he has the guts to put it all on the line...win or lose....and do it again and again. Stats be damned...perception be damned.
Just another reason to respect his approach to the game.

HorryIsMyMVP
05-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Kobe is saying he has the guts to put it all on the line...win or lose....and do it again and again. Stats be damned...perception be damned.
Just another reason to respect his approach to the game.
Well yeah MJ lite has a pair. But MJ had giant gorilla balls and he actually made his shots.

HorryIsMyMVP
05-19-2012, 04:44 PM
One of the dumbest things I've E-V-E-R heard:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Just gotta love it how you clowns don't think twice about setting up IMPOSSIBLE standards for Kobe to supposedly pass MJ, based only on your BLATANT Kobe hate. Cuz you're way too stupid to understand the FACT that Lebron CAN'T pass them either. Even though he was supposed to be the next MJ.:lol

OOPS!!!!:facepalm
Lebron still has the potential to be a better clutch shooter then MJ. We all know he won't though. Kobe's ship has sailed. He bricked 75% of the time and the triangle saved him.

LakersReign
05-19-2012, 04:46 PM
(yawns):rolleyes:

oh the horror
05-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Lebron still has the potential to be a better clutch shooter then MJ. We all know he won't though. Kobe's ship has sailed. He bricked 75% of the time and the triangle saved him.

Im sure at the end of the day, his multiple awards, along with his 5 rings, and millions of dollars, along with his endorsement deals, and being practically a global icon will make him feel a bit better.

HorryIsMyMVP
05-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Im sure at the end of the day, his multiple awards, along with his 5 rings, and millions of dollars, along with his endorsement deals, and being practically a global icon will make him feel a bit better.
and Lebron must be depressed. Younger, way more money, living in a non shit hole like LA, on Miami beach with a house he can get lost in. Noone in the NBA is sad. But for some reason Kobe is mad.

Funnyfuka
05-19-2012, 04:50 PM
he doesnt give a ****, thats great. Still, he made his team lose the match.it happens. It's not like he s the only player in the team tho. Arent other players suposed to make the team win, too?

LakersReign
05-19-2012, 04:54 PM
and Lebron must be depressed. Younger, way more money, living in a non shit hole like LA, on Miami beach with a house he can get lost in. Noone in the NBA is sad. But for some reason Kobe is mad.

horryisthemvp + ^^^^ = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9RyPBeuWIc :roll:

Yet another FAKE Jordan fan, using Jordan's name to make himself sound objective cuz he's way too pathetic admit he's really a Lebronyte. Big surprise:sleeping

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-19-2012, 04:57 PM

You don't get out much if you think LA is a shit hole.

HorryIsMyMVP
05-19-2012, 05:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqZQ7fYavT4

LakersReign
05-19-2012, 05:03 PM
The truth(that you're really a pathetic Lebronyte PRETENDING to be a Jordan fan. And that Kobe will NEVER be mad cuz a nobody like you on the internet said so) really does hurt....doesn't it?:lol

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-19-2012, 05:05 PM
he doesnt give a ****, thats great. Still, he made his team lose the match.it happens. It's not like he s the only player in the team tho. Arent other players suposed to make the team win, too?
everyone has their role.
Kobe is the designated scorer and its his responsibility to come thru at the end of games....esp when his bigs can even get a friggin' shot off.

HorryIsMyMVP
05-19-2012, 05:09 PM
everyone has their role.
Kobe is the designated scorer and its his responsibility to come thru at the end of games....esp when his bigs can even get a friggin' shot off.
That has NEVER been Kobe's role at the end of games. Only Kobe and maybe Mike Brown think that. Robert Horry, Derek Fisher and guys like that are clutch. Those are the guys who've put other team's on suicide watch with daggers.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-19-2012, 05:15 PM
That has NEVER been Kobe's role at the end of games. Only Kobe and maybe Mike Brown think that. Robert Horry, Derek Fisher and guys like that are clutch. Those are the guys who've put other team's on suicide watch with daggers.
:no:

c3z4r
05-19-2012, 05:42 PM

I highly doubt that Lebron has more money than Kobe, actually I would bet that he doesn't even have half the money Bryant does.

HorryIsMyMVP
05-19-2012, 05:51 PM
I highly doubt that Lebron has more money than Kobe, actually I would bet that he doesn't even have half the money Bryant does.
Thats debatable after the divorce. But when it's all said and done Lebron will end up significantly more wealthy.

RRR3
05-19-2012, 05:54 PM

Yet another FAKE Jordan fan, using Jordan's name to make himself sound objective cuz he's way too pathetic admit he's really a Lebronyte. Big surprise:sleeping
Is that video of you, reigny? Sorry about your accident, get well soon.

RazorBaLade
05-19-2012, 06:13 PM
What the balls happened to this thread

Nero Tulip
05-19-2012, 06:17 PM
Kobe's a funny guy. It's pretty obvious, after 15 years, that he cares a LOT about what people think of him. It's the only thing he cares about.

Just look at his recent comments on flopping, or the fact that he needs the ball in the 4th even if it hurts his team. So don't give us this crap.

Deuce Bigalow
05-19-2012, 06:34 PM
:oldlol:

tontoz
05-19-2012, 06:53 PM
You bring up flawed stats and made up catagagorys to slight Kobe and try to say he is chucking .....or hurting his team

Yet he is one of the greatest champions of all time and recognized as the greatest player of his generation

Yet you site some guy named hollingsr?

Silly

If you have any stats that show Kobe isnt a chucker then please share.

Kobe stans always try to change the subject when Kobe's chucking comes up. Just because he won rings doesn't mean that he isn't a chucker.

There are other factors that determine who wins the game (talent, defense, etc). The Lakers didn't win because of Kobe's shot selection. They won in spite of it.

When he was younger i thought that Kobe would eventually learn to stop taking so many long, contested jumpers. I thought he would get smarter as he got older. Looks like he proved me wrong.

This season Kobe shot 5 three pointers per game even though he shot only 30% from 3.

Everyone knows that the long 2 pointer is the least efficient shot in basketball. Kobe took 7.7 shots per game from 16-23 feet, most in the league by far. Second place was Monta with 6.4 shots per game.

Kobe is a chucker. He has a lot of talent, drive, etc but he is still a chucker.

Heavincent
05-19-2012, 06:58 PM

Kobe stans always try to change the subject when Kobe's chucking comes up. Just because he won rings doesn't mean that he isn't a chucker.

There are other factors that determine who wins the game (talent, defense, etc). The Lakers didn't win because of Kobe's shot selection. They won in spite of it.

When he was younger i thought that Kobe would eventually learn to stop taking so many long, contested jumpers. I thought he would get smarter as he got older. Looks like he proved me wrong.

This season Kobe shot 5 three pointers per game even though he shot only 30% from 3.

Everyone knows that the long 2 pointer is the least efficient shot in basketball. Kobe took 7.7 shots per game from 16-23 feet, most in the league by far. Second place was Monta with 6.4 shots per game.

Kobe is a chucker. He has a lot of talent, drive, etc but he is still a chucker.

A chucker that won 5 rings and is one of the 10 greatest players of all time.

At that point, nobody really gives a shit. Sorry.

d21221hk
05-19-2012, 06:58 PM
I love how Kobe always comes out to "respond to his critics" when he claims he doesn't care and he always does it after a win and not a loss. Come on son. :confusedshrug:

tontoz
05-19-2012, 07:03 PM
A chucker that won 5 rings and is one of the 10 greatest players of all time.

At that point, nobody really gives a shit. Sorry.

Kobe obviously cares or he wouldn't get so pissed off when asked a question. Logic FAIL

Heavincent
05-19-2012, 07:08 PM
Kobe obviously cares or he wouldn't get so pissed off when asked a question. Logic FAIL

That has nothing to do with my post. I said nobody cares about Kobe being a chucker.

Besides, what's wrong with being a "chucker"? :confusedshrug:

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-19-2012, 07:17 PM

Here is your stat:
Kobe historically shoots roughly 46%. That is among the very best, in history, of SGs scoring over 20ppg. This year was his worst shooting in a very long time, and he was STILL 5th amongst the top-10 SGs in the league....despite being the focal point of defenses, unlike, say, every other SG in the league.
That's NOT chucking....idiot.
Also, while leading his team in scoring, he led his team in assists EVERY YEAR, except one, FOR OVER A DECADE.
Jesus dude, at least make the effort to get your facts straight.

Heilige
05-19-2012, 07:17 PM
[QUOTE=RazorBaLade]http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kobe-bryant-embraces-moment--saves-lakers--season-with-game-3-win-over-thunder.html;_ylt=ArvFfqQsncZGqHeB97aceta8vLYF

RazorBaLade
05-19-2012, 07:19 PM
Why did you call him a psychopath? Just because someone is competitive does not mean they are one...

I think he is. I don't think being that competitive is normal or healthy. He is off, completely addicted to his craft and goes to extreme lengths and still being motivated after what hes done... its just crazy.

I konw psychopath might have connotations like oh man hes a crazy person and should be in an asylum but I don't mean it that way, just that theres something different in his head. Most people don't have that kind of drive.

tontoz
05-19-2012, 07:21 PM
That has nothing to do with my post. I said nobody cares about Kobe being a chucker.

Besides, what's wrong with being a "chucker"? :confusedshrug:

Kobe obviously cares when reporters bring it up his shot selection. That is why he told them to F off.

What's wrong with being a chucker? Missed shots don't help a team win. Duh. When a guy takes a lot of bad shots he hurts his team by..

-missing shots
-alienating teamates who want to take shots too
-giving the other team fast break opportunities off of the rebounds from his bricks.

It isn't complex. Shaq hated him when they were playing together. Gasol has publicly called him out more than once. Phil Jackson dogged him in his book for his selfishness.

It isn't just the media and fans criticizing his shot selection. It is members of the Lakers also.

RazorBaLade
05-19-2012, 07:23 PM

Someone has already covered the rest of this nicely so I'll just say this

On a scale of 100 shots, 30% from 3 is making 30/100 shots for a total of 90 points. In 2's, you would need to make 45/100 shots to score 90 points. 30% from 3 = 45% from 2. 45% from 2 is not that bad.

TeamLAC
05-19-2012, 07:25 PM

What does Kobe have to prove to his haters? Absolutely nothing.

tontoz
05-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Here is your stat:
Kobe historically shoots roughly 46%. That is among the very best, in history, of SGs scoring over 20ppg. This year was his worst shooting in a very long time, and he was STILL 5th amongst the top-10 SGs in the league....despite being the focal point of defenses, unlike, say, every other SG in the league.
That's NOT chucking....idiot.
Also, while leading his team in scoring, he led his team in assists EVERY YEAR, except one, FOR OVER A DECADE.
Jesus dude, at least make the effort to get your facts straight.

:roll:

Could someone translate this into English for me? What exactly does "5th amongst the top 10 SGs in the league" mean?

amfirst
05-19-2012, 07:26 PM

Haven't u heard?? Chucker = Jordan = championships Not hiding = LeBron

tontoz
05-19-2012, 07:28 PM
Someone has already covered the rest of this nicely so I'll just say this

On a scale of 100 shots, 30% from 3 is making 30/100 shots for a total of 90 points. In 2's, you would need to make 45/100 shots to score 90 points. 30% from 3 = 45% from 2. 45% from 2 is not that bad.

Yes it is because many 2s are near the rim where Kobe shoots 66%. Kobe is also going to get fouled more often near the basket leading to easy points. He isn't going to get fouled much on the perimeter.

He got to the line 18 times last game. How many of those fouls were on 3 point attempts. :rolleyes:

amfirst
05-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Thats debatable after the divorce. But when it's all said and done Lebron will end up significantly more wealthy.

I highly doubt that, he already lost plenty of money and endorsements after he left to the Heats.

Heilige
05-19-2012, 07:32 PM
I think he is. I don't think being that competitive is normal or healthy. He is off, completely addicted to his craft and goes to extreme lengths and still being motivated after what hes done... its just crazy.

I konw psychopath might have connotations like oh man hes a crazy person and should be in an asylum but I don't mean it that way, just that theres something different in his head. Most people don't have that kind of drive.

Ok, I see what you mean. When you say he is completely addicted to his craft how many hours a day do you think he spends on it, especially in the off-season?

RazorBaLade
05-19-2012, 07:32 PM
Yes it is because many 2s are near the rim where Kobe shoots 66%. Kobe is also going to get fouled more often near the basket leading to easy points. He isn't going to get fouled much on the perimeter.

He got to the line 18 times last game. How many of those fouls were on 3 point attempts. :rolleyes:

IF thats your reasoning then don't single out kobe, no one should shoot 3s with that logic. No one shoots 3s better than layups and theres the possibility of fts

RazorBaLade
05-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Ok, I see what you mean. When you say he is completely addicted to his craft how many hours a day do you think he spends on it, especially in the off-season?

I read in an article he spent 2 hrs shooting which is part of his routine the night after the Gm2 loss, so, I think he shoots 2 hrs every night during the season. That sounds crazy on top of practices and games but IDK thats what the article said.

Another article:

Kobe: During the season, it's probably about four hours or so a day, with practice and extra work.
Kobe: No, but I do a lot more. When I get on the basketball floor, it's about fine-tuning my skills, it's not about conditioning. My conditioning comes from just running, whether it's on a track, or on a field, or on the court itself, just doing suicides, or sprints.
MF: So it's just a technique thing, shooting jumpers, things like that?
Kobe: Yeah, it's something I can do over and over, so I'm in great shape. MF: How many do you shoot in a day?
Kobe: It's between 700 to 1,000 makes a day.

^from an interview 5 yrs ago or so

So I dunno... I think I read somewhere in off season he takes a few weeks off then goes back to the same routine. Unless the olympics stuff is going on.

Just crazy ..

tontoz
05-19-2012, 07:41 PM
IF thats your reasoning then don't single out kobe, no one should shoot 3s with that logic. No one shoots 3s better than layups and theres the possibility of fts

Wrong. Nobody who shoots like ass from 3 should shoot 3s.

Kobe's 2 point percentage was 46.4% this season (in spite of his excessive long 2s) which was better than his adjusted percentage from 3. He also got to the foul line more on these attempts.

Hence, his scoring efficiency was significantly better on 2s. That is why his overall TS% of 52.7 is far higher than his 45% effective FG% from 3.

Also the opposing team got far more fast break opportunities when Kobe shot 3s since he missed 70% of them.

Shepseskaf
05-19-2012, 07:44 PM
You develop a different mentality being raised as the well-to-do son of a pro basketball player, than when you've grown up poor, moving from place to place, no stability, and the child of an unwed mother, with no father in the picture.

Those developmental years are key to understanding current attitudes of both Kobe and LBJ, imo.

tontoz
05-19-2012, 07:45 PM
As far as Kobe's work ethic goes i don't think he is crazy. It is his job. Props to him for working hard. A lot of guys don't.

RazorBaLade
05-19-2012, 07:52 PM
Wrong. Nobody who shoots like ass from 3 should shoot 3s.

Kobe's 2 point percentage was 46.4% this season (in spite of his excessive long 2s) which was better than his adjusted percentage from 3. He also got to the foul line more on these attempts.

Hence, his scoring efficiency was significantly better on 2s. That is why his overall TS% of 52.7 is far higher than his 45% effective FG% from 3.

Also the opposing team got far more fast break opportunities when Kobe shot 3s since he missed 70% of them.

Very few players shoot better from 3 than from 2.

tontoz
05-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Very few players shoot better from 3 than from 2.

If that was the case then there wouldn't be so many guys shooting 3s. If a guy shoots 36% from 3 that equates to 54% from 2.

There were 80 players in the league who shot 36% or better from 3. There were 22 guys who shot 40% or better from 3.

Heilige
05-19-2012, 08:01 PM
As far as Kobe's work ethic goes i don't think he is crazy. It is his job. Props to him for working hard. A lot of guys don't.

Kobe goes above and beyond when it comes to his work ethic. He is considered a workaholic. Being a workaholic isn't his job.

RRR3
05-19-2012, 08:01 PM

If that was the case then there wouldn't be so many guys shooting 3s. If a guy shoots 36% from 3 that equates to 54% from 2.

There were 80 players in the league who shot 36% or better from 3. There were 22 guys who shot 40% or better from 3.
Including LeBron:rockon: :rockon:

tontoz
05-19-2012, 08:04 PM
Kobe goes above and beyond when it comes to his work ethic. He is considered a workaholic. Being a workaholic isn't his job.

Working on his game is part of his job. If he didn't work on his game he wouldn't be nearly as good.

I don't remember anyone calling Bird crazy for his work ethic.

LakersReign
05-19-2012, 08:11 PM

Kobe's net worth is about $200 million and his annual salary is $25.2 million
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/nba/kobe-bryant-net-worth/

Lebron's net worth is $110 million and his annual salary is $16 million
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/nba/lebron-james-net-worth/

Get your facts straight next time.:facepalm

RazorBaLade
05-19-2012, 08:14 PM

You said kobe shoots 66% from 2 and thats worse than his 3 %, what was that, layups? I'm sure everyone shoots close range shots above 60%.

tontoz
05-19-2012, 08:32 PM
You said kobe shoots 66% from 2 and thats worse than his 3 %, what was that, layups? I'm sure everyone shoots close range shots above 60%.

I made it very clear what i was talking about.

Yes it is because many 2s are near the rim where Kobe shoots 66%.

RazorBaLade
05-19-2012, 08:37 PM
oh derp. yeah less 3s would be good then

HorryIsMyMVP
05-19-2012, 08:48 PM
Kobe's net worth is about $200 million and his annual salary is $25.2 million
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/nba/kobe-bryant-net-worth/

Lebron's net worth is $110 million and his annual salary is $16 million
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/nba/lebron-james-net-worth/

Get your facts straight next time.:facepalm
Kobe's networth is closer to 100-150 million after the divorce. And Kobe is almost retired. Lebron is still young. He will be more rich eventually. Kobe already made his money and lost the majority of it.

Nevaeh
05-20-2012, 01:46 AM
Bump.

Where U AT Razah??????

How did the "pyschopath's" strategy work out tonight, huh? Huh?

http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/2001_Training_Day/001TRD_Denzel_Washington_046.jpg

RazorBaLade
05-20-2012, 01:47 AM
I wish pau was a psycopath so he would have taken that shot. That play man. That play. Turnovers. Kobe in game 2 pau in game 4.... my god.

RRR3
05-20-2012, 01:47 AM
Bump.

Where U AT Razah??????

http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/2001_Training_Day/001TRD_Denzel_Washington_046.jpg
LOL come on Nev, this is a cruel time to bump

Calabis
05-20-2012, 01:48 AM
Bump.

Where U AT Razah??????

In before Gasol or teammates fault:oldlol:

RazorBaLade
05-20-2012, 01:49 AM
Obviously when Kobe turns it over in game 2 its Kobe's fault when Blake misses shots but when Pau turns it over and kobe misses shots its KObe's fault. I love it.

LakersReign
05-20-2012, 01:52 AM
Kobe's networth is closer to 100-150 million after the divorce. And Kobe is almost retired. Lebron is still young. He will be more rich eventually. Kobe already made his money and lost the majority of it.

Dude seriously STFU cuz it's pretty clear you have no idea of what you're talking about. You claimed Lebron supposedly made more money than Kobe and got proven wrong. Now you're claiming Kobe's "almost retired" like that's even really possible. What the **** does that mean anyway? What...he's going to play 20 games next year and then take the rest of the year off? Never knew NBA players under contract could do such a thing? When did that become an option player could take? There's no such thing, you're either retired or you're not. Which proves you're just sitting there makling sh*t up just to have something to say. So again, stfu.

Calabis
05-20-2012, 01:52 AM
Obviously when Kobe turns it over in game 2 its Kobe's fault when Blake misses shots but when Pau turns it over and kobe misses shots its KObe's fault. I love it.

No one is justifying Gasol not shooting that last shot, but if Chuckbe didn't go into "Me" mode they wouldn't be in that position

RazorBaLade
05-20-2012, 01:53 AM
No one is justifying Gasol not shooting that last shot, but if Chuckbe didn't go into "Me" mode they wouldn't be in that position

if bynum contests wb jumpers and makes fts they arent in the position either. where does it end

d.bball.guy
05-20-2012, 01:56 AM
Choked, responded, choked again. :facepalm What is wrong with Kobe? He needs to stop being stubborn.

Calabis
05-20-2012, 01:56 AM
if bynum contests wb jumpers and makes fts they arent in the position either. where does it end

When he went into chuck mode and everyone else became stagnant, that's where it ends....he played a great game up until the 4th, dude is the ultimate riddle

RazorBaLade
05-20-2012, 01:57 AM
When he went into chuck mode and everyone else became stagnant, that's where it ends....he played a great game up until the 4th, dude is the ultimate riddle

everyone else went stagnant and fatigued THEN he started taking the bbailout shots with 5 sec left.

LakersReign
05-20-2012, 01:57 AM

You should know this by now. Same bullsh*t, different day. But when the Heat flame out this year again, it'll be "oh...well....Lebron has no help" for like the 4 year in a row.:sleeping

SavageMode
05-20-2012, 01:58 AM
Kochoke cryant.

AlexanderRight
05-20-2012, 01:59 AM

Lol, no he wasn't. Lebron simply said that you may all get excited over my loss but at the end of the day nothing has changed for you. Nothing happened for you. In no way did he even mention his money or fame. He just stated that even though the finals are over and I've lost you still gotta wake up tomorrow and realize nothing really happened. So don't get too exited.

RRR3
You should know this by now. Same bullsh*t, different day. But when the Heat flame out this year again, it'll be "oh...well....Lebron has no help" for like the 4 year in a row.:sleeping
What does LeBron have to do with Kobe? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: This guy right here...:roll: :facepalm Obsessed with LeBron.

I<3NBA
Kobe fans, your tears are delicious :lol

oh the horror
05-20-2012, 02:01 AM
While im aware that Kobe did indeed shoot them out of that game....Being "stagnant" doesnt make you pass up shots you shouldve taken. Pau simply made a bad mistake in that last turnover.

LakersReign
05-20-2012, 02:01 AM

Too bad nobody round here is cryin'.' You do realize that you're drinking urine........right?:hammerhead:

Sick ffffffreak:eek:

Yanch856
05-20-2012, 02:04 AM
Hate to say it but sounds like Kobe's over the hill. The whole series he's looked like dead man walking during interviews.

RRR3
05-20-2012, 02:05 AM
sob sob WAAAAAAAHHH!
Hush, reigny.

chips93
05-20-2012, 02:08 AM
this is why Kobe is such a delusional guy..

he needs to change his attitude, of course he is not playing for anyone but himself, but that doesn't mean he has to take contested jumpshot every time.

dont wanna go to the 'count dem ringz' arguement, but . . . kobe's been very successful with this attitude

NewYorkNoPicks
05-20-2012, 02:33 AM
Lol, no he wasn't. Lebron simply said that you may all get excited over my loss but at the end of the day nothing has changed for you. Nothing happened for you. In no way did he even mention his money or fame. He just stated that even though the finals are over and I've lost you still gotta wake up tomorrow and realize nothing really happened. So don't get too exited.

No...Lebron pretty much said "your life is still gonna suck tomorrow when you wake up while i continue to live a dream life"

Doranku
05-20-2012, 02:34 AM
Aren't you a Heat (LeBron stan) fan?

Your team is about to lose to the f*cking INDIANA PACERS. How are you going to try to talk shit? :roll: Your mancrush *** hasn't even won a ring.

Kill yourself.

AlexanderRight
05-20-2012, 02:58 AM
No...Lebron pretty much said "your life is still gonna suck tomorrow when you wake up while i continue to live a dream life"

Here's the exact quote from LeBron James: "At the end of the day, all of the people that were rooting for me to fail, tomorrow they'll have to wake up and have the same life that [they had] before they woke up today. They got the same personal problems they had today and I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things I want to do."

OMGZ SHUTT THE FUUK UP HE THIKS HES BETTRR THAN US!!!

Seriously, that comment was taken so out of context it's not even funny.

LakersReign
05-20-2012, 04:01 AM
Here's the exact quote from LeBron James: "At the end of the day, all of the people that were rooting for me to fail, tomorrow they'll have to wake up and have the same life that [they had] before they woke up today. They got the same personal problems they had today and I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things I want to do."

Just gotta love it how low Lebronytes stoop to defend Lebron.:rolleyes:

Y'all throw around the word context and have no idea what it actually means. If you really did, then you'd stop OVERUSING meaningless stats to prove how supposedly better than everyone else he's supposed to be. The man FLAT OUT says "I'm better than you, deal with it." and y'all say "oh...well...he didn't mean it like that." Dude says, in reference to how many titles the heat are going to win, not 1, not 2, not 3, etc, and y'all say "oh...well it was taken out of context." Further proving again, you have no idea what the word actually means.:facepalm

brahmabull117
05-20-2012, 04:13 AM
Why are people embracing this nonsense?

Kobe is now 7-29 in clutch playoff shots, that's like a 23% winning percentage

Most overrated "clutch player" in history of game. I would take Carmelo, Durant and Dirk over him for clutch shots by a gigantic margin

brahmabull117
05-20-2012, 04:15 AM

are you stupid or do you have zero reading comprehension?

I'll interpret that comment for you

"Tomorrow morning, I'm going to wake up in my 20,000 square foot mansion, drive my 300,000 sports car to the private golf course and enjoy some games of golf while sipping on the finest drinks and eating the finest foods known to man. Meanwhile, all my haters will continue to live in poverty or middle class struggling pay check to pay check dreaming and wishing that they could live like I do"

PickernRoller
05-20-2012, 05:00 AM
Lol at Heat fans trolling as if they are taking some kind of "revenge". Goes to show how pathetic these Lebron dick riders are....success, always enviable. If I remember right, some smart@ss poster that I won't mention by name, (no shame) was posting threads about giving up on Lebron and the Heat not sooo long ago....I guess the fix of watching a past prime, yet relevant Kobe Bryant loose games make them feel better about their boy failures. Lebron is a failure so far hoes....get with the program.

Hittin_Shots
05-20-2012, 05:05 AM
are you stupid or do you have zero reading comprehension?

I'll interpret that comment for you

"Tomorrow morning, I'm going to wake up in my 20,000 square foot mansion, drive my 300,000 sports car to the private golf course and enjoy some games of golf while sipping on the finest drinks and eating the finest foods known to man. Meanwhile, all my haters will continue to live in poverty or middle class struggling pay check to pay check dreaming and wishing that they could live like I do"

Interpretations are like arseholes.

I<3NBA
05-20-2012, 06:28 AM
Aren't you a Heat (LeBron stan) fan?

Your team is about to lose to the f*cking INDIANA PACERS. How are you going to try to talk shit? :roll: Your mancrush *** hasn't even won a ring.

Kill yourself.
i'm a Kobe hater first before a Lebron fan. all's good as long as Kobe lose. :banana:

with that said, why you mad tho? :lol :banana: :banana: :banana:

LakersReign
05-20-2012, 06:51 AM
Lol at Heat fans trolling as if they are taking some kind of "revenge". Goes to show how pathetic these Lebron dick riders are....success, always enviable. If I remember right, some smart@ss poster that I won't mention by name, (no shame) was posting threads about giving up on Lebron and the Heat not sooo long ago....I guess the fix of watching a past prime, yet relevant Kobe Bryant loose games make them feel better about their boy failures. Lebron is a failure so far hoes....get with the program.

Let them all talk. Cuz the fact of the matter is, if the Pacers win today, they'll all haul a**, never to be heard from or seem again. Cuz they can never back up all that sh*t they LOVE to talk. The best they be able to do is come back with "sock puppet" accounts so we don't know who they really are. So....let them talk. Laugh now cry later.

Calabis
05-20-2012, 08:50 AM
everyone else went stagnant and fatigued THEN he started taking the bbailout shots with 5 sec left.

Well then maybe at the 10 second mark, Kobe should run to the other end of the court, so someone else can take those "BAILOUT" shots maybe they will make them

Punpun
05-20-2012, 08:56 AM
Yeah, let's blame Kobe for taking up Grenade shots. :oldlol:

tontoz
05-20-2012, 09:28 AM
dont wanna go to the 'count dem ringz' arguement, but . . . kobe's been very successful with this attitude

He's been successful in spite of this attitude, not because of it.

gengiskhan
05-20-2012, 09:45 AM
He's been successful in spite of this attitude, not because of it.

Kobe has been successful because he is a product of a LAL system led by Jerry West & KAJ.

we all know how successful kobe "really" is. 1 consolation MVP in 16 yrs & many other poor accolades in this Weak era.

You're mistaking LAL organizations TEAM success with Kobe's success alone.

Blue&Orange
05-20-2012, 11:08 AM

Glide2keva
05-20-2012, 11:23 AM
As much as I don't like Kobe, I have no problem with what he said.

That's the attitude you're supposed to have as a top player. Jordan often said he was going to leave no bullets to be fired or somethignt o that effect.

oh the horror
05-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Kobe has been successful because he is a product of a LAL system led by Jerry West & KAJ.

we all know how successful kobe "really" is. 1 consolation MVP in 16 yrs & many other poor accolades in this Weak era.

You're mistaking LAL organizations TEAM success with Kobe's success alone.

Your dislike for the man reaches epic levels to the point where you refuse to give him ANY credit.

You' downright border delusional, and reach pretty far to discredit him.

I can admit to Kobe faults, but you're just ridiculous. :oldlol:

longtime lurker
05-20-2012, 11:57 AM

Well then maybe at the 10 second mark, Kobe should run to the other end of the court, so someone else can take those "BAILOUT" shots maybe they will make them

Other players on the Lakers can't even make wide open shots, I doubt they'd fair any better than Kobe in bailout situations where there's more pressure.

LA_Showtime
05-20-2012, 12:13 PM
I appreciate the honesty but all that quote does is make me think we're going to have to amnesty the idiot if we want to contend in the coming years.

LakersReign
05-20-2012, 12:18 PM
Your dislike for the man reaches epic levels to the point where you refuse to give him ANY credit.

You' downright border delusional, and reach pretty far to discredit him.

I can admit to Kobe faults, but you're just ridiculous. :oldlol:

That's how you can tell he's really bwink23. It's the same nonsensical delusion b.s. that nobody else on here ever says. The clown is way too stupid to think of a different approach, cuz it's all he really has. Sad:facepalm