PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan hates Kevin Garnett?

Upgrayedd
05-19-2012, 11:37 PM
I thought Duncan didn't hate anyone. It seems like if they were playing and KG went down that Duncan would probably be the first to help him up. I guess not...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/tim-duncan-hates-kevin-garnett-apparently-224347877.html

In fact, Duncan hates Kevin Garnett. Hates him the way liberals hate Sean Hannity. This information comes from very reliable sources, who talk about how KG has made a career of trying to punk Duncan, baiting him and slapping him and whispering really weird smack into his ear. They talk about how funny this is, because the worst thing you can do as an opponent is piss off Duncan. Then, as Malik Rose says, "he f------ destroys you." Duncan's lifetime numbers versus Garnett's teams, by the way: 19.4 points per game, 11.6 boards and a 44--17 record, including the postseason.

Duncan is diplomatic about the topic. Asked if perhaps all those years battling Garnett have softened his feelings for the man, led to a Magic-Larry type of kinship, Duncan leans back on the couch in his hotel room and grins. There is a pause. A longer pause. Finally he says, "Define kinship."

Sorry if this has been posted already. If it has just ignore.

DMAVS41
05-19-2012, 11:45 PM
I thought Duncan didn't hate anyone. It seems like if they were playing and KG went down that Duncan would probably be the first to help him up. I guess not...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/tim-duncan-hates-kevin-garnett-apparently-224347877.html

Damn that would be great to see in the finals.

Vragrant
05-19-2012, 11:47 PM
But Garnett is so nice and friendly how can anybody hate him?:biggums:

Heavincent
05-19-2012, 11:49 PM
Duncan would destroy Garnett. I feel like he's one of those quiet and mellow guys you do not want to piss off.

Garnett is great, but I feel like he's mostly bark.

LABean
05-19-2012, 11:49 PM
After reading that, I respect Duncan more than before. :applause: :cheers:
KG's a straight up bitch.

ImmortalNemesis
05-19-2012, 11:50 PM
Boo f*cking hoo. Garnett doesn't step on the court to make friends.

tpols
05-19-2012, 11:50 PM
KG supposedly said happy mothers day to Duncan when his mom died when he was a kid. I believe it too. Fvcked up:no:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-19-2012, 11:51 PM
KG supposedly said happy mothers day to Duncan when his mom died when he was a kid. I believe it too. Fvcked up:no:

:biggums:

Where did you hear that?

04mzwach
KG is always pumped to face Duncan. I think he feels he is his ultimate competition so he probably trash talks more, plays more physical, etc. Plus, my facebook pic is Garnett yelling into Duncan's ear during All Star weekend. LOL. It does look like he is punking him in that photo.

AirTupac

Bullshit.

NumberSix
Garnett > Duncan

tpols
05-19-2012, 11:53 PM
:biggums:

Where did you hear that?
There was another thread here with a big biography article on Duncan and it was brought up there. Google it.. theres sources.

Jailblazers7
05-20-2012, 12:00 AM
They are pretty much opposites. KG is a loud mouth and Duncan is quiet and calm. No surprise they dont like each other. I would prob hate KG too if I had to listen to him run his mouth for a decade.

NewYorkNoPicks
05-20-2012, 12:51 AM
Theyre polar opposites, i thought this was common knowledge

Meticode
05-20-2012, 12:57 AM
Good if he hates him. He probably respects him, but NBA needs rivalries. In any case it's too late as both players are at the end of their career.

Myth
05-20-2012, 01:13 AM
I can see a God:Satan type relationship between Duncan and Garnett. They are just complete opposites.

Pointguard
05-20-2012, 01:18 AM

Good article. KG usually played TD very evenly. Even til today its incredibly even. Only a couple of Monster games for Duncan early on and about three in their prime for KG. I doubt that you can find two more evenly matched players in terms of stats in H2H in the regular season and post season than these two.

reppy
05-20-2012, 01:35 AM
I'm sure this had something to do with it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrfLiFibJG4

Big#50
05-20-2012, 02:52 AM
[/CENTER]d]Good article. KG usually played TD very evenly. Even til today its incredibly even. Only a couple of Monster games for Duncan early on and about three in their prime for KG. I doubt that you can find two more evenly matched players in terms of stats in H2H in the regular season and post season than these two.
They rarely matched up. Let's not forget KG played a lot of SF.

HylianNightmare
05-20-2012, 02:57 AM
wouldn't mind seeing them go at it in the finals

Big#50
05-20-2012, 02:58 AM
wouldn't mind seeing them go at it in the finals
Would be great. You know KG would try mind games.

Pointguard
05-20-2012, 03:02 AM
KG played him straight up a lot. KG took the harder matchup of the forwards consistently. KG blocked more shots than Duncan, which usually isn't the case but the let KG play moreso under the basket with Duncan.

Pointguard
05-20-2012, 03:04 AM
KG guarding Bowen??? Why?

Draz
05-20-2012, 03:09 AM
Duncan would tear him a new ass.

Big#50
05-20-2012, 03:14 AM
KG played him straight up a lot. KG took the harder matchup of the forwards consistently. KG blocked more shots than Duncan, which usually isn't the case but the let KG play moreso under the basket with Duncan.
I remember both teams keeping them off each other. Of course they guardded each other at times, but not for a whole game.

Big#50
05-20-2012, 03:16 AM
KG guarding Bowen??? Why?
Bowen was not a Spur in those times. Then Garrett would guard Duncan most of the time. I'm very ****ing high. Forgive me if Im imagining shit. KG was drafted as a SF/PF.

Harison
05-20-2012, 03:22 AM
I would question that source reliability. Many times over the years I heard how Duncan and Garnett are friends IRL.

Some fans (and sportwriters) confuse on-court competitive "hating" with off-court relationships.

Big#50
05-20-2012, 03:27 AM
I would question that source reliability. Many times over the years I heard how Duncan and Garnett are friends IRL.

Some fans (and sportwriters) confuse on-court competitive "hating" with off-court relationships.
KG has no friends. My cousin went to high school with him. Said the dude would pick on smaller Mexican kids all the time.

Boltcorpse
05-20-2012, 03:40 AM
KG has no friends. My cousin went to high school with him. Said the dude would pick on smaller Mexican kids all the time.

Wouldnt surprise me at all. KG is one of fakest tough guys in the league. I respect his game but its not hard to see that he like to pick on easy targets. I really hope that rumor about Tims mom isnt true or KG is one massive piece of shit!

KokeAyne
05-20-2012, 03:47 AM
Duncan will have 5 rings after the playoffs, Garnett still only 1

:cheers:

They are not even comparable

KokeAyne
05-20-2012, 03:58 AM
Oh yeah, Spurs would sh*t on the Celtics if they met in the finals

:cheers:

Anaximandro1
05-20-2012, 04:06 AM
Duncan would tear him a new ass.

I think you're confusing Duncan with Dirk

Duncan simply dominated Garnett in the 2001 Playoffs.In the Spurs' three victories over Wolves

2001 PO -- Spurs over Wolves (3-1)

Duncan 25.0 pts (47.6%),14.0 rb,2.3 blk,4.0 as

Garnett 20.7 pts (45.5%),13.3 rb,1.6 blk,4.3 as

Dirk was the one who completely destroyed KG in the 2002 playoffs

2002 PO -- Mavs over Wolves (3-0)

Dirk 33.3 pts (52.6%),15.7 rb,1.3 blk

Garnett 24.0 pts (42.9%),18.7 rb,1.7 blk

LMFAO
05-20-2012, 07:28 AM

Bullshit.

Absolute fact! Tim just dismantled him even more that game than usual. They had been friends off the court until that game. Tim absolutely refuses to talk about his mother , who died of cancer when he was an early teen, to anyone. I am unsure how that effected their relationship could be Tim did not let it go anywhere off court. They had or maybe still have the same agent and had the Adidas thing together.

"Unpredictable? How about Ron Artest, the NBA's Jesse James to Duncan's Wyatt Earp. The combustible Sacramento King told Dime Magazine this season that he likes the way Duncan plays.
Artest explained: "I remember one time Kevin Garnett was mushing him, and shoving him in the face; and Tim Duncan didn't do anything, he didn't react. He just kicked Kevin Garnett's a--, and won the damn championship. You know what I'm sayin'? That's gangsta. Everybody can show emotion, dunk on somebody, scream and be real cocky; but Tim Duncan is a ... he's a pimp.""
even MWP / Ron recognizes!

Nero Tulip
05-20-2012, 08:45 AM
Garnett is a little biitch. Everyone hates him. Pretty sure no one respects him in the league.

kNIOKAS
05-20-2012, 08:48 AM
Garnett is a little biitch. Everyone hates him. Pretty sure no one respects him in the league.
Pretty sure a lot of players respect him. Pretty sure the rest hates him.

rodman91
05-20-2012, 09:28 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/images/12/15/garnett-duncan.jpg