PDA

View Full Version : Stephen A Smith: Nobody Can Beat The Spurs.

Clippersfan86
05-21-2012, 12:52 PM
Anybody watching this? Great segment with Stephen A and Skip. Stephen said the Spurs CANNOT be beaten. They have to beat themselves. He said Miami would have to have 70 points from their duo AND Bosh to even have a shot. I agree 100 percent.

I think Spurs are going to streamroll all the way to the 2012 NBA championship. Beating OKC in 6 and Miami in 6.

TheMan
05-21-2012, 12:55 PM
The Spurs gonna show youngsters that substance always beats style, Mavs proved that last year but how soon we forget.

Spurs and their team basketball is a thing of beauty.

Pop>all

DTreats
05-21-2012, 12:56 PM
16-2 and we call it a year.

Clippersfan86
The Spurs gonna show youngsters that subtance always beats style, Mavs proved that last year but how soon we forget.

Spurs and their team basketball is a thing of beauty.

Pop>all

Truth.

paintingshade
I unfortunately agree. This team is too good. TP is playing out of his mind. I love kawhi leonard. Totally wish my rockets didn't pass on him for MM.

All Net
05-21-2012, 12:58 PM
What a flip flipper :lol

Clippersfan86
05-21-2012, 12:58 PM
I unfortunately agree. This team is too good. TP is playing out of his mind. I love kawhi leonard. Totally wish my rockets didn't pass on him for MM.

Kawhi is SUCH a beast. Steal of the draft, no question. He would fit with the Clippers like a glove.. so I'm jealous of SA. He's exactly what a lot of teams need from a SF which is rebounding, defense and wide open 3 pointers made. Bruce Bowen type with better rebounding/passing.

Clippersfan86
05-21-2012, 12:59 PM
What a flip flipper :lol

Yea lol.. give him props though. It took him a lot to own up and admit that Skip was right and that OKC has no chance in his opinion.

OKCThunderUP
05-21-2012, 12:59 PM
So San Antonio beats a pretty bad Jazz team then steamrolls the most predictable offense in the game and suddenly they're world beaters? Give me a break. They're an elite team no doubt, one of the 3 best in the game, but let's not act like OKC and Miami won't give them a serious run for their money.

Everyone says defensive wins championships. The Spurs don't play defense. OKC and Miami do. Just keep that in mind.

Clippersfan86
05-21-2012, 01:04 PM
So San Antonio beats a pretty bad Jazz team then steamrolls the most predictable offense in the game and suddenly they're world beaters? Give me a break. They're an elite team no doubt, one of the 3 best in the game, but let's not act like OKC and Miami won't give them a serious run for their money.

Everyone says defensive wins championships. The Spurs don't play defense. OKC and Miami do. Just keep that in mind.

Miami would have to play like they did yesterday, every game and that's not going to happen. Spurs all around game will prove to be too much for Miami and OKC the way Dallas was for both teams last year. San Antonio is actually very similar to the 2011 Mavs but IMO they are even BETTER.

I have Spurs winning both series in 6... so no like I'm predicting a sweep here. OKC and Miami are ELITE just like OKC. Difference is off the top of my head I can point out multiple weaknesses in those teams, can't say the same for the Spurs. You said they don't defend but they were the 10th ranked defense all season and have been the 1st ranked in the playoffs.

AMISTILLILL
05-21-2012, 01:06 PM

Bookmarked for future LOL's.

HylianNightmare
05-21-2012, 01:07 PM
i sure hope he's right, but i don't care who wins as long as it's not the heat

DuMa
05-21-2012, 01:07 PM
SAS also takes many showers with Chris Bosh and shares children with Mario Chalmers

Droid101
05-21-2012, 01:08 PM
How boring. The Spurs? Snore. A bunch of no-namers playing out of their minds.

I'm not watching a second of the Finals unless Philadelphia or Indiana are involved. And even not then probably.

AMISTILLILL
05-21-2012, 01:10 PM

I'm not watching a second of the Finals unless Philadelphia or Indiana are involved. And even not then probably.

And not a **** was given that day.

Droid101
05-21-2012, 01:11 PM
And not a **** was given that day.
Yeah, you're right. Not one shit will be given if the Spurs make the finals, and the ratings will prove it.

All Net
05-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Yea lol.. give him props though. It took him a lot to own up and admit that Skip was right and that OKC has no chance in his opinion.

That only becomes true if spurs do beat the thunder..

OKCThunderUP
05-21-2012, 01:14 PM
Miami would have to play like they did yesterday, every game and that's not going to happen. Spurs all around game will prove to be too much for Miami and OKC the way Dallas was for both teams last year. San Antonio is actually very similar to the 2011 Mavs but IMO they are even BETTER.

I have Spurs winning both series in 6... so no like I'm predicting a sweep here. OKC and Miami are ELITE just like OKC. Difference is off the top of my head I can point out multiple weaknesses in those teams, can't say the same for the Spurs. You said they don't defend but they were the 10th ranked defense all season and have been the 1st ranked in the playoffs.

Of course they're ranked #1 in defense. They've had the privilege of playing the Jazz and Clippers. *yawn*

I'm not saying OKC will win this series, but the notion that they stand no chance against San Antonio is absurd. It's a 6-game series minimum, likely 7.

Whoah10115
05-21-2012, 01:16 PM

You won't. You have no shot. You never did.

With respect to the OKC fans, your team is not good enough to be champions. Not now.

Clippersfan86
05-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Of course they're ranked #1 in defense. They've had the privilege of playing the Jazz and Clippers. *yawn*

I'm not saying OKC will win this series, but the notion that they stand no chance against San Antonio is absurd. It's a 6-game series minimum, likely 7.

Think of this though. You said Clippers are the most predictable offense in the league (I agree) right? OKC struggles with the same thing. Teams know EXACTLY how they are going to beat you and they run the same sets over and over. San Antonio is going to have a full week to game plan for that the way they did for CP3 and the Clippers. Miami is also predictable and plays a lot of ISO. Spurs are going to be ready for both teams.

iDunk
05-21-2012, 01:31 PM
:lol Thunder & Heat fans think they got a chance. Skinny man & chucker got no chance. Neither does the 300 pound football player & the other guy who falls a lot.

OKCThunderUP
05-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Think of this though. You said Clippers are the most predictable offense in the league (I agree) right? OKC struggles with the same thing. Teams know EXACTLY how they are going to beat you and they run the same sets over and over. San Antonio is going to have a full week to game plan for that the way they did for CP3 and the Clippers. Miami is also predictable and plays a lot of ISO. Spurs are going to be ready for both teams.

You're comparing OKC's juggernaut offense to the Clippers now? Cmon son. Predictable or not, their versatility has led them to the 2nd most efficient offense in the regular season and the #1 most efficient offense in the postseason. The Clippers don't have that versatility, nor do they have a 3-headed monster even close to the level OKC's big 3 are playing on.

AlexanderRight
05-21-2012, 01:37 PM

:facepalm

Clippersfan86
05-21-2012, 01:41 PM
You're comparing OKC's juggernaut offense to the Clippers now? Cmon son. Predictable or not, their versatility has led them to the 2nd most efficient offense in the regular season and the #1 most efficient offense in the postseason. The Clippers don't have that versatility, nor do they have a 3-headed monster even close to the level OKC's big 3 are playing on.

OKC's offense is just a better Clippers offense man. Lots of Iso and PNR. OKC was the 2nd ranked offense, Clippers the 4th. OKC's biggest weakness even more than go to post scoring is ball movement. It's not rare to see this team have games with 10 assists. The Spurs swarm your best players and since OKC isn't a great or willing passing team, it's going to hurt.

Alamo
05-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Spurs over Thunder in 5. Spurs over Heat in 4.

OKCThunderUP
05-21-2012, 01:45 PM
OKC's offense is just a better Clippers offense man. Lots of Iso and PNR. OKC was the 2nd ranked offense, Clippers the 4th. OKC's biggest weakness even more than go to post scoring is ball movement. It's not rare to see this team have games with 10 assists. The Spurs swarm your best players and since OKC isn't a great or willing passing team, it's going to hurt.

4th in the regular season. They're 9th ranked in the postseason. That's not very good.

OKC is only averaging 4 less assists than San Antonio. They've been much less of an iso team in the playoffs.

The Spurs can swarm YOUR best player because there's no one else on the team to pick up the slack. Swarm OKC's best players and you're dead in the water. The Spurs don't have the personnel to defend OKC any differently than Rick Carlisle and Mike Brown have with better defenders, and OKC still has an offensive efficiency of over 100.

AlexanderRight
05-21-2012, 01:51 PM

You are an embarrassment.

Odinn
05-21-2012, 01:53 PM

Yep. Their opponents weren't strong. But ppg difference was 11.5 in 2nd round and 16.0 in 1st round.

Aside from last night, 92 was the highest number scored against them. Still they didn't allow a 100+ game.
They have 4th best DRtg in 2012 playoffs while their pace is higher by 3(average) compared to top 3.
As for opponents efg%, they're 6th while having best efg% by far. (1st Spurs with .548, 2nd Thunder with .509 and the difference is bigger than "they didn't face a strong team" excuse)

Clippersfan86
05-21-2012, 01:54 PM
4th in the regular season. They're 9th ranked in the postseason. That's not very good.

OKC is only averaging 4 less assists than San Antonio. They've been much less of an iso team in the playoffs.

The Spurs can swarm YOUR best player because there's no one else on the team to pick up the slack. Swarm OKC's best players and you're dead in the water. The Spurs don't have the personnel to defend OKC any differently than Rick Carlisle and Mike Brown have with better defenders, and OKC still has an offensive efficiency of over 100.

Clippers 9th in playoffs is pretty damn impressive considering the injuries and opponents. Memphis and SA are top tier defenses and with Memphis lots of grind out games. You'll see next week what it's like to face San Antonio man. They make you pay for EVERYTHING you do.

OKCThunderUP
05-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Good grief man San Antonio is NOT an elite defensive team and they're most definitely not better defensively than LA or Dallas.

ihoopallday
05-21-2012, 02:04 PM
People sleeping on OKC? Never saw that coming.

amfirst
05-21-2012, 02:33 PM

Spurs will take the charge or flop, so OKH will be reduce to jump shooting. OKH beats the Lakers because no one wants to take it for the team and thus lets them drive into the lane at will.

1987_Lakers
05-21-2012, 02:42 PM

Spurs and OKC are pretty similar defensive teams.

ILLsmak
05-21-2012, 02:44 PM
lol you guys need to think about match-ups.

The Spurs have home court and that's huge.

But in terms of match ups it's hard to imagine how the Spurs would demolish the Thunder. I can say it's possible that they will beat them, but I still think the Thunder will come through.

Such a lame statement when people say, "THEY CANT LOSE THEY HAVE TO BEAT THEMSELVES"; it's like oh they lost what happened? "They beat themselves!"

-Smak

Bigsmoke
05-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Heat with Bosh would tear them up.

dunksby
05-21-2012, 02:49 PM
The Spurs are younger than the Heat, the Lakers, the Celtics and the Mavs just FYI.

Pointguard
05-21-2012, 02:50 PM
SA was a lot better than the Clips and Utah, but OKC is truly different. OKC won't get caught in overplays and bad switches like the Clips did. That good passing will be nullified by the much better man to man defense of OKC. OKC is long, tall and with good help defense. If Pop wasn't such a good coach I would say OKC wins it, without much problem. But I can't really say because SA can tweak better than any team. In seven OKC.

1987_Lakers
05-21-2012, 03:06 PM
The OKC supporters seem to believe that the Mavs & Lakers have better defenders to throw at Westbrook & Durant compared to the Spurs, but I might disagree. Westbrook has destroyed the Lakers in this series, Steve Blake tries hard, but he and Sessions are too weak and don't have the physical gifts to guard Westbrook. And Artest has showed us that he is too slow to keep up with Durant, Durant can drive right past him anytime he feels like it, Artest has lost alot of quickness.

Kawhi Leonard can give Durant some trouble. As a rookie he is already a very good defender and his wingspan is HUGE, which is important because it seems like Durant can always get a decent shot because of his height and long wingspan. And Tony Parker will be the quickest defender Westbrook has faced so far in the playoffs.

RaininTwos
05-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Heat with Bosh would tear them up.
This. No one is guarding Bosh on the spurs.

Carbine
05-21-2012, 03:15 PM

Averaging 19 points, 7.5 assists and not doing it on great efficiency is playing out of his mind?

1987_Lakers
05-21-2012, 03:18 PM
This. No one is guarding Bosh on the spurs.

Too bad even if Bosh comes back he won't be very effective. A western conference team will win the title this year, my money is on San Antonio, if not them it will be OKC.

the_future02
05-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Westbrook and Durant havent had to guard anybody on the Lakers that will change against SA.

Big#50
05-21-2012, 06:15 PM
Guess everyone Is already counting out the Lakers.
Spurs are like 12-2 against OKC in the last three seasons. I know its only regular season. But the Spurs have proven playoff performers. Duncan will have a big series against them. I expect 18/13/2 against them. I see a lot of Bonner in this series. Anything to get ibaka out in the perimeter. The only thing that can hurt the Spurs is ****ing Parker going ballhog against Westbrook. Hope not. He is not that player. He takes too many ugly shots. Ball movement is the key. Manu and Harden will be fun to watch. Jackson couldn't guard the wings on the Clippers, he is better suited against OKC. Leonard should be able to make Durant work hard. Spurs in 6.

BlueCrayon
05-21-2012, 06:22 PM
A surprise considering Stephen A. Smith comes off as someone who only likes "superstars" and the Spurs have none.

Droid101
05-21-2012, 06:28 PM
You are an embarrassment.
Says the guy with the 2010 Bobcat avy. Yeah, they're a super entertaining team.

Big#50
05-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Says the guy with the 2010 Bobcat avy. Yeah, they're a super entertaining team.
Lakers are ****ing boring to watch. That team sucks. Let's watch Kobe shoot 30 ugly ass bricks.

SCdac
05-21-2012, 06:35 PM
I like the Spurs chances. They played the Thunder pretty well in the regular season, beat them twice, and historically have the better record....

They should try and hold down the fort on everybody not named Durant, make Durant try and beat them single handedly.

If Duncan continues to play well I think that'll be huge, but the Spurs depth altogether will be important.

Droid101
05-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Lakers are ****ing boring to watch. That team sucks. Let's watch Kobe shoot 30 ugly ass bricks.
About 10 million people around the world think otherwise.

OKCThunderUP
05-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Kawhi Leonard can give Durant some trouble. As a rookie he is already a very good defender and his wingspan is HUGE, which is important because it seems like Durant can always get a decent shot because of his height and long wingspan. And Tony Parker will be the quickest defender Westbrook has faced so far in the playoffs.

Kawhi Leonard is child's play compared to Marion and MWP. I'm surprised people still suggest any single defender can slow down KD anymore. He torched Tony Allen and Shane Battier last year's postseason and he's torched Shawn Marion and MWP this postseason. And people think Kawhi Leonard can defend him? lol.

Tony Parker is quick but let's not act like that makes him a good defensive player. He's probably one of the poorer PGs defensively in the game.

Funnyfuka
05-21-2012, 06:48 PM
we ll know for sure once they ve won... Becareful of thunders and injuries.

Big#50
05-21-2012, 06:54 PM
About 10 million people around the world think otherwise.
That wouldn't have anything to do with them being from LA, would it? You can take Kobe out of that team, people will still watch. Its the ****ing Lakers. Showtime baby.

kurple
05-21-2012, 07:02 PM
the Spurs are proving you dont need a superstar to win.

Whoah10115
05-21-2012, 07:21 PM
the Spurs are proving you dont need a superstar to win.

Hmmm....

when you say superstar, you're obviously considering name (tho that doesn't make sense for Duncan).

Cuz even tho Duncan isn't the same Duncan, Parker is a star and Manu is even better than he is; they've just played in a system. So no agree.

kurple
05-21-2012, 07:25 PM
well, duncan is far from the star he was

Parker is playing as a all star, but he's not the Kobe, Lebron or Melo everyone seems to think you need.

Ty Lawson could be a Tony Parker.. GK is actually always talking about how he wants Lawson to play more like Parker

I've also always compared Gallo to a 6'10 Manu

Spurs have great players, but no STAR

maybeshewill13
05-21-2012, 07:28 PM

Lol Laker fan.. how's them sour lemons? :lol

Droid101
05-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Lol Laker fan.. how's them sour lemons? :lol
Sour.

Whoah10115
05-21-2012, 07:53 PM
well, duncan is far from the star he was

Parker is playing as a all star, but he's not the Kobe, Lebron or Melo everyone seems to think you need.

Ty Lawson could be a Tony Parker.. GK is actually always talking about how he wants Lawson to play more like Parker

I've also always compared Gallo to a 6'10 Manu

Spurs have great players, but no STAR

It just depends on what you think a star is. Are we talking name or something else. Because Carmelo has NEVER been as good as Manu is. And Tony Parker is also (at least right now) a better player.

kurple
05-21-2012, 08:00 PM
It just depends on what you think a star is. Are we talking name or something else. Because Carmelo has NEVER been as good as Manu is. And Tony Parker is also (at least right now) a better player.
well i agree with you.. But 90% of the people who said the Nuggets need a superstar to win doesnt

Kingwillball
05-21-2012, 08:10 PM
Spurs over Thunder in 5. Spurs over Heat in 4.

:roll:

Kingwillball
05-21-2012, 08:15 PM
I would love an Underdog Miami team with Bosh Back looking for Redemption in Finals. First things first however.

solar.hands
05-21-2012, 09:20 PM
no jinx pls

Artillery
05-22-2012, 04:32 AM
Yeah, you're right. Not one shit will be given if the Spurs make the finals, and the ratings will prove it.

Spurs have won more second round game the past weekend than the Lakers have the past two years :oldlol:

lol Lakers - old, boring, ugly, regular season team

nbaballllller
05-22-2012, 07:32 AM
Anybody watching this? Great segment with Stephen A and Skip. Stephen said the Spurs CANNOT be beaten. They have to beat themselves. He said Miami would have to have 70 points from their duo AND Bosh to even have a shot. I agree 100 percent.

I think Spurs are going to streamroll all the way to the 2012 NBA championship. Beating OKC in 6 and Miami in 6.

Stopped reading here lmao

TAZORAC
05-22-2012, 07:38 AM
Oklahoma City can beat the Spurs