05-22-2012, 12:17 AM
Discuss.

Bernie Nips
05-22-2012, 12:19 AM
Discuss.

ELIMINATED.

DMAVS41
05-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Great game. Which is strange for Kobe in elimination games as he has struggled most of his career.

It's a shame his teammates didn't bring it tonight as well, but that is why you can't blow 2 games in a series...you open the door for a 5 game series that should have gone 7.

My Mavs did the same thing. We blew 3 of the 4 games and we got swept. Just can't beat elite teams blowing games like that.

Good to see Kobe fight hard on the verge of elimination though...most of the time he and his teams just lay down.

kurt_rambis
05-22-2012, 12:21 AM
gasol/bynum - 9-24 FG
lakers bench - 1-7 FG
kobe - 18-33 FG

WHY DIDNT KOBE SHOOT MORE DAMMIT

DTreats
05-22-2012, 12:22 AM
Fishing.

DuMa
05-22-2012, 12:22 AM
he coulda scored 60. absolutely still had no impact.

RRR3
05-22-2012, 12:23 AM
Great game, it's a shame he didn't get more help from his teammates, would have liked to see more of this series.

sic
05-22-2012, 12:24 AM
:oldlol:
ELIMINATED.

Noob Saibot
05-22-2012, 12:25 AM
0 assists though.

Noob Saibot
05-22-2012, 12:27 AM
0 assists though.

TheBigVeto
05-22-2012, 12:30 AM
Ballhog.

/thread

miller-time
05-22-2012, 12:33 AM
let kobe get his = win the game.

TheBigVeto
05-22-2012, 12:33 AM
Ballhog.

/thread

TheBluest
05-22-2012, 12:39 AM
Discuss.

Bass or Cropi

Take your pick Cornbreh

Jimmy2k8
05-22-2012, 12:40 AM
People bringing up Kobe's assists, :hammerhead:

Pretty hard to dish the dimes out when your two big men aren't producing, while the bench is producing nothing as well.

oh the horror
05-22-2012, 12:40 AM
gasol/bynum - 9-24 FG
lakers bench - 1-7 FG
kobe - 18-33 FG

WHY DIDNT KOBE SHOOT MORE DAMMIT

Bro, he's just a man...Not a fu*king machine.

fos
05-22-2012, 12:41 AM
41 minutes played and 0 assists. :biggums:

Batz
05-22-2012, 12:43 AM
How do people not recognize that there's two parts to an assist? A pass, and a make. Guess which one was absent? Hint for the witty ones: The Latter.

TheBluest
05-22-2012, 12:44 AM
How do people not recognize that there's two parts to an assist? A pass, and a make. Guess which one was absent? Hint for the witty ones: The Latter.

So explain how other teammates got assists? 90% of Kobe's baskets were 1-on-1

So was Kobe too dumb to figure out who not to pass to?

DirkLegend41
05-22-2012, 12:44 AM
In certain situations he has to pass the ball. But let's be honest. Would you want the guy to give up the ball with the way he was shooting? Kobe was hot shooting the ball.

truhooper
05-22-2012, 12:46 AM
:lol

tmacattack33
05-22-2012, 12:48 AM
He played a great game. Too bad he doesn't have a time machine though, and can't go back and re-do games 2 and game 4.

Cali Syndicate
05-22-2012, 12:49 AM
Great game, it's a shame he didn't get more help from his teammates, would have liked to see more of this series.

Naw I'm ready for the next one. No sense beating a dead horse.

dazzer87
05-22-2012, 12:50 AM
0 assists

White Mamba
05-22-2012, 12:50 AM
Great game. Which is strange for Kobe in elimination games as he has struggled most of his career.

It's a shame his teammates didn't bring it tonight as well, but that is why you can't blow 2 games in a series...you open the door for a 5 game series that should have gone 7.

My Mavs did the same thing. We blew 3 of the 4 games and we got swept. Just can't beat elite teams blowing games like that.

Good to see Kobe fight hard on the verge of elimination though...most of the time he and his teams just lay down.

the problem since 2004 in elimination games is the lakers defense not kobe bryant.

even tonight they allowed 28 points per quarter in a must win game.

kobe had great elimation games before that when the lakers had good D.

TheBluest
05-22-2012, 12:51 AM
In certain situations he has to pass the ball. But let's be honest. Would you want the guy to give up the ball with the way he was shooting? Kobe was hot shooting the ball.

And here's the catch 22 hence how does his teammates establish a rhythm?

But when Kobe was suited and booted and Kobe Ish Tards was splashing the board whacking it the Lakers went 4-2 or 5-2 with him Zenning?

All glory went to him still when he wasn't on the court winning games. Kobe is infallible

alwaysunny

The former was nowhere to be seen either

RazorBaLade
the problem since 2004 in elimination games is the lakers defense not kobe bryant.

IDK about that. This is like the first time I've ever seen an elimination game where I can proudly say, Kobe did not want to go home tonight.

itsGameTime
:applause: That's how greats go down, respect.

DMAVS41
05-22-2012, 12:52 AM

Some of that is true, but Kobe has been dreadful in elimination games over his career.

http://www.backpicks.com/2011/06/12/the-elite-in-elimination-games-since-1991/

No need to revise history. Is what it is.

KG215
05-22-2012, 12:54 AM
Gameplan. OKC focused on limiting the bigs and trying not to be too physical with Kobe and get in foul trouble. Not saying it worked to perfection, but obviously they showed in the fourth quarter of game four that if you can take the bigs out of the game, and let Kobe get his, the Lakers struggle.

itsGameTime
05-22-2012, 12:55 AM
Gameplan. OKC focused on limiting the bigs and trying not to be too physical with Kobe and get in foul trouble. Not saying it worked to perfection, but obviously they showed in the fourth quarter of game four that if you can take the bigs out of the game, and let Kobe get his, the Lakers struggle.

Kobe sat out like the first 3 minutes of the 4th when OKC made a huge run to closeout the game. Quit trolling.

BallsOut
05-22-2012, 01:23 AM

:cheers:

dreamshake
05-22-2012, 01:30 AM
:applause: That's how greats go down, respect.

This. The best thing about this Laker lost is that the trolls don't have any excuse to bash Kobe.

Nevaeh
05-22-2012, 01:30 AM

Proof that scoring a buncha points isn't all there is to the game. 96 Magic tried this same tactic with Shaq, and it made not a bit of difference. The fact that the lead INCREASED once Kobe came back in is proof that this will ALWAYS be a team game. glad young bucks like Durant already understand that.

Smoke117
05-22-2012, 01:31 AM
ELIMINATED.

Gone fishin!

RazorBaLade
05-22-2012, 01:32 AM
Proof that scoring a buncha points isn't all there is to the game. 96 Magic tried this same tactic with Shaq, and it made not a bit of difference. The fact that the lead INCREASED once Kobe came back in is proof that this will ALWAYS be a team game. glad young bucks like Durant already understand that.

Having westbrook and harden on your team sure help playing a team game tho lol.

Knoe Itawl
05-22-2012, 01:34 AM
too little too late

RazorBaLade
05-22-2012, 01:35 AM
Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi
Kobe Bryant: "I'm not fading into the shadows... I'm not going anywhere. We're not going anywhere."

Nevaeh
05-22-2012, 01:39 AM
Having westbrook and harden on your team sure help playing a team game tho lol.

Key word right there. Kobe just waited too late to realize that (as if he realized it at all, which his past 2 fourth quarters before tonight proved, he DIDN'T).

Mr. Jabbar
05-22-2012, 01:40 AM
:applause:

Gawdbe will be back :bowdown:

Droid101
05-22-2012, 01:41 AM
0 assists
Kobe shoots 50%+

Rest of team under 30%

WHAR ASSIST
WHAR

You Laker Haters are hilarious.

RazorBaLade
05-22-2012, 01:41 AM
Key word right there. Kobe just waited too late to realize that (as if he realized it at all, which his past 2 fourth quarters before tonight proved, he DIDN'T).

Doesn't change the fact that pau is no robin anymore. Not in this offense. And bynum doesn't care about defense. I think deep down, even though kobe is selfish and wants to make the big shots, he WISHES he had a player like CP3 that some nights he can just stand to the side and wait for the open shot to come to him. Durant has two of those guys. Two.

As awesome as it is playing with 2 7 footers from a rebounding standpoint, not having anyone be able ot create on your team is a hell of a burden.

Nevaeh
05-22-2012, 01:42 AM

Gawdbe will be back :bowdown:

Dude, shut up and get ready to root for that bent head *shut yo mouth* in your avatar.

http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/laugh.gif

Droid101
This. The best thing about this Laker lost is that the trolls don't have any excuse to bash Kobe.
9 Posts. And you use this as one of them. Respect.

sbw19

Well said..

Kevin Pelton ‏@kpelton

The Lakers' 7.5% offensive rebound percentage was the lowest of the 2012 playoffs.

Droid101
05-22-2012, 01:45 AM
Well said..

Kevin Pelton ‏@kpelton

The Lakers' 7.5% offensive rebound percentage was the lowest of the 2012 playoffs.
Totally Kobe's fault, amirite? Cuz he lead the team in offensive rebounds during the regular season?

Smoke117
05-22-2012, 01:46 AM
Why make a thread like this? The Lakes were eliminated. Kobe could have dropped 62...it doesn't matter. The main stat is the W and L and he and his team got the BIG LOSS. Stupid inconsequential thread.

sbw19
05-22-2012, 01:49 AM
Totally Kobe's fault, amirite? Cuz he lead the team in offensive rebounds during the regular season?

Yeah. Not exempting Kobe cuz he did struggle too, but considering how Kobe bashers tout the Lakers frontcourt advantage that's just a staggering stat.

Nevaeh
05-22-2012, 01:54 AM
Yeah. Not exempting Kobe cuz he did struggle too, but considering how Kobe bashers tout the Lakers frontcourt advantage that's just a staggering stat.

It's not "staggering" at all. When Kobe gives up on his team (doing what the f@ck HE wants to do) they give up on him. Just like the movie Any Given Sunday, where the Star Quarterback starts thinking he's bigger than the team.

BallsOut
05-22-2012, 01:56 AM
Why make a thread like this? The Lakes were eliminated. Kobe could have dropped 62...it doesn't matter. The main stat is the W and L and he and his team got the BIG LOSS. Stupid inconsequential thread.

Of course it matters. How you play in an elimination game matters. Do you come up big or small when it matters? Kobe came up big. It's too bad the Lakers couldn't get over the hump.

KG215
05-22-2012, 01:59 AM
Kobe sat out like the first 3 minutes of the 4th when OKC made a huge run to closeout the game. Quit trolling.

One, in what way am I "trolling"? And two, I said fourth quarter of game four not game five.

Nevaeh
05-22-2012, 01:59 AM
Of course it matters. How you play in an elimination game matters. Do you come up big or small when it matters? Kobe came up big. It's too bad the Lakers couldn't get over the hump.

He didn't "come up big". he "scored a lot of points", which is only a part of the game. He was looking for personal Glory, and he found it, at the expense of his team. Jesus, how many people here actually understand the concept of basketball at ALL???!!

sbw19
05-22-2012, 02:03 AM
It's not "staggering" at all. When Kobe gives up on his team (doing what the f@ck HE wants to do) they give up on him.
For more or less the entire playoffs? Nah no excuse for that kind of lack of effort. Kobe might have struggled at times but even his ardent opponents know if any Laker showed up at all it's him. I'll give you LA misses Fisher's locker room presence though.

DMAVS41
05-22-2012, 02:04 AM
He didn't "come up big". he "scored a lot of points", which is only a part of the game. He was looking for personal Glory, and he found it, at the expense of his team. Jesus, how many people here actually understand the concept of basketball at ALL???!!

While I don't disagree, I think you are being hard on Kobe tonight by acting like he didn't play very well.

But you are right....if Lebron or Durant or Westbrook or Kobe or Dirk or Melo...all the great scorers just wanted to get 40 every night. They could. Just take 30 to 35 shots. Really these guys are just so good its not that hard.

But anyone that has ever played or coached knows that you have to do it within the team concept or gameplan to make a huge impact.

I will never understand why people here think the biggest ball hog in the league has no impact on how his teammates perform.

Also, on a different note a little. All I have heard since Gasol joined the Lakers was that Kobe made him the player he was. So...if you want to credit Kobe for "making Gasol"...wouldn't you then have to blame him for Gasol playing worse than at any point in his career these last 2 playoffs?

Seems inconsistent to me. As usual.

oh the horror
05-22-2012, 02:04 AM
I dont know why some of you bother explaining it to these fu*king idiots here. :oldlol:

Kobe could have had 20, and 10 assists, in a losing effort, and they would have complained that he didnt score enough.

There isnt anything Kobe can do, with the exception of a 33 year old frame, beating an entire team by himself without these fools here dissecting why Kobe "sucks"

IGOTGAME
05-22-2012, 02:08 AM
While I don't disagree, I think you are being hard on Kobe tonight by acting like he didn't play very well.

But you are right....if Lebron or Durant or Westbrook or Kobe or Dirk or Melo...all the great scorers just wanted to get 40 every night. They could. Just take 30 to 35 shots. Really these guys are just so good its not that hard.

But anyone that has ever played or coached knows that you have to do it within the team concept or gameplan to make a huge impact.

I will never understand why people here think the biggest ball hog in the league has no impact on how his teammates perform.

Also, on a different note a little. All I have heard since Gasol joined the Lakers was that Kobe made him the player he was. So...if you want to credit Kobe for "making Gasol"...wouldn't you then have to blame him for Gasol playing worse than at any point in his career these last 2 playoffs?

Nope, I don't see the logic...please explain.

BallsOut
05-22-2012, 02:09 AM

The only ones that claim Kobe made Gasol are delusional. Gasol was a beast in his ownright, much like Dirk, in Memphis dragging his subpar squads to the playoffs every year in the Western Conference. I don't have to tell you, but since Gasol joined the Lakers, there was a very long stretch of time (probably 2+ seasons) they had never lost 3 straight games. The Lakers overall winning percentage just skyrocketed and he played a huge part in the Lakers 3 finals appearances.

Kobe deserves a little blame for his two subpar late game performances, but Gasol does deserve some blame for tonight and for most of the series for not playing to his ability.

MASH Transit
You see Durant shut his ass down again in the 4th? :applause:

DMAVS41
Nope, I don't see the logic...please explain.

If you want to credit Kobe with "making Gasol" like all you morons do. Then how do you not blame Kobe when Gasol doesn't play well?

He either impacts how Gasol plays or he doesn't. You can't pick and choose when he does.

DMAVS41
05-22-2012, 02:11 AM
The only ones that claim Kobe made Gasol are delusional. Gasol was a beast in his ownright, much like Dirk, in Memphis dragging his subpar squads to the playoffs every year in the Western Conference. I don't have to tell you, but since Gasol joined the Lakers, there was a very long stretch of time (probably 2+ seasons) they had never lost 3 straight games. The Lakers overall winning percentage just skyrocketed and he played a huge part in the Lakers 3 finals appearances.

Kobe deserves a little blame for his two subpar late game performances, but Gasol does deserve some blame for tonight and for most of the series for not playing to his ability.

Oh I agree. I'm addressing the people that claimed Kobe turned Gasol into the player he was. Of course I know this to be insane as I watched Gasol roughly his entire time in Memphis....living there for 3 years.

But they simply can't have it both ways.

Mr. Jabbar
05-22-2012, 02:14 AM
Oh I agree. I'm addressing the people that claimed Kobe turned Gasol into the player he was. Of course I know this to be insane as I watched Gasol roughly his entire time in Memphis....living there for 3 years.

gasol was kobes 2nd fiddle for 3 finals in a row and 2 chips, just let it go...

RazorBaLade
05-22-2012, 02:15 AM

how bad would pau be playing in hous? Does he get motivated for game 7 when its not kobe pushing him?

I think kobe makes him better.. but obviously not a lot.

IGOTGAME
05-22-2012, 02:16 AM
If you want to credit Kobe with "making Gasol" like all you morons do. Then how do you not blame Kobe when Gasol doesn't play well?

He either impacts how Gasol plays or he doesn't. You can't pick and choose when he does.

Well for one...no one said that kobe made Gasol. That is a strawman you created.

Two, people said that Kobe got Gasol to play with more passion and hunger for a period of time. It had nothing to do with skill or talent but with approach to the game. But, that can't last for ever, you can only push so many buttons. So, if you wanna blame Kobe for not pushing the right buttons that is on you. I find that idiotic... disingenuous and self serving in your case.

Nevaeh
05-22-2012, 02:18 AM
I dont know why some of you bother explaining it to these fu*king idiots here. :oldlol:

Kobe could have had 20, and 10 assists, in a losing effort, and they would have complained that he didnt score enough.

There isnt anything Kobe can do, with the exception of a 33 year old frame, beating an entire team by himself without these fools here dissecting why Kobe "sucks"

ZERO assists dude!!! In a MUST WIN GAME!! This ain't 2006 in the regular season, with scrub teammates against a sh!tty team!!

DMAVS41
05-22-2012, 02:19 AM
Well for one...no one said that kobe made Gasol. That is a strawman you created.

Two, people said that Kobe got Gasol to play with more passion and hunger for a period of time. It had nothing to do with skill or talent but with approach to the game. But, that can't last for ever, you can only push so many buttons. So, if you wanna blame Kobe for not pushing the right buttons that is on you. I find that idiotic... disingenuous and self serving in your case.

Total and utter BS. I had to listen to that non sense about how Gasol hadn't won a playoff game in his career and how he just wasn't that good until Kobe got him.

No need to revise history. We all know plenty of Lakers/Kobe fans were spewing that BS all the time.

And I don't blame Kobe for Gasol's play. I blame him clearly being out of position and struggling to find his groove ever since Bynum became the low post option.

But again, I never credited Kobe with "making Gasol" like so many Kobe fans have.

This is good for Kobe fans and Kobe himself. He's learning how hard it is to win. You need a lot of help. Kobe and his fans have taken it for granted. Now Kobe finds himself playing on very good teams, but not great teams. And they aren't winning. Now 1-8 in the 2nd round these last two years.

RazorBaLade
05-22-2012, 02:20 AM
ZERO assists dude!!! In a MUST WIN GAME!! This ain't 2006 in the regular season, with scrub teammates against a sh!tty team!!

He'd only have needed 12 assists on top of everything already for the lakers to have had a chance to steal it at the end!

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-22-2012, 02:32 AM
Total and utter BS. I had to listen to that non sense about how Gasol hadn't won a playoff game in his career and how he just wasn't that good until Kobe got him.

No need to revise history. We all know plenty of Lakers/Kobe fans were spewing that BS all the time.

And I don't blame Kobe for Gasol's play. I blame him clearly being out of position and struggling to find his groove ever since Bynum became the low post option.

But again, I never credited Kobe with "making Gasol" like so many Kobe fans have.

This is good for Kobe fans and Kobe himself. He's learning how hard it is to win. You need a lot of help. Kobe and his fans have taken it for granted. Now Kobe finds himself playing on very good teams, but not great teams. And they aren't winning. Now 1-8 in the 2nd round these last two years.

Much of that has to do with Kobe though. He damn near single-handedly cost the Lakers games 2 and 4 in crunch-time. And like someone else said, came out tonight with 0 assists. Prior to tonight, this series could have been 3-1 in LA's favor (and IMHO should have been). 42 points. Great. Fantastic scoring game - but it had zero impact on the outcome.

These people nose diving to Kobe's aid, are the same assholes that criticized Lebron in 2009 (hell, even your boy Dirk in elimination games)...after he did EVERYTHING in his power to beat Orlando. Clear double standard.

RRR3
05-22-2012, 02:33 AM
Much of that has to do with Kobe though. He damn near single-handedly cost the Lakers games 2 and 4 in crunch-time. And like someone else said, came out tonight with 0 assists. Prior to tonight, this series could have been 3-1 in LA's favor (and IMHO should have been). 42 points. Great. Fantastic scoring game - but it had zero impact on the outcome.

These people nose diving to Kobe's aid, are the same assholes that criticized Lebron in 2009...after he did EVERYTHING in his power to beat Orlando. Clear double standard.
I still can't believe ANYONE gives LeBron shit for 2009. Probably the best he ever played.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-22-2012, 02:39 AM
I still can't believe ANYONE gives LeBron shit for 2009. Probably the best he ever played.

Yep. I can understand the criticism in 2010 - that game 5 was bizarre - but in 2009? The guy played his ass off, his supporting cast shot sub 30%~, Mike Brown was the coach, and yet these naysayers find a way to fault him. Same thing happened with Dirk the last few years before he and Dallas won their first title. Guy has been money in elimination games - but is labeled soft because of that nightmarish 2007 series. Winning titles/championships truly takes a team effort (and is incredibly fragile--kudos to DMAVS; quoting him here).

RRR3
05-22-2012, 02:39 AM
Yep. I can understand 2010 - that game 5 was bizarre - but in 2009? The guy played his ass off, his supporting cast shot sub 30%~, Mike Brown was the coach, and yet these naysayers find a way to fault. Same thing happened with Dirk the last few years. Guy has been money in elimination games, but is labeled soft because of that nightmarish 2007 series. Winning titles truly takes a team effort (and incredibly fragile--kudos to DMAVS; just quoting him).

RazorBaLade
05-22-2012, 02:40 AM

These people nose diving to Kobe's aid, are the same assholes that criticized Lebron in 2009 (hell, even your boy Dirk in elimination games)...after he did EVERYTHING in his power to beat Orlando. Clear double standard.

Scoring points doesn't have any impact on the outcome?

DMAVS41
05-22-2012, 02:45 AM

I agree with this.

I am just saying I think it is clear that Gasol not playing in the same spots he used to is the biggest factor in his declined production.

I have repeatedly also said that playing with the biggest ball hog by far in the game doesn't help either.

So I totally agree with what you are saying and that double standard is very clear.

Yes, if Lebron's stats in game 6 in 2010 were empty against the Celtics...then this sure as hell was an empty stat game. Just can't have it both ways.

Like I said. These last two years are great for Kobe stans because they are finally seeing how fans of other players/teams feel. When you see Lebron go nuts in 09 and still lose. When Dirk plays better than he ever has imo in 09 and loses in 5 in the 2nd round...etc.

In the past, Kobe fans would just dismiss how a player plays and call them a "loser"....Not now though. They are seeing just how hard it is to win and how much help even the best players need. They never really learned that I guess.

Legends66NBA7
05-22-2012, 02:45 AM
Really, would it have pleased anybody if the Lakers don't win ?

Kobe's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't, what ever his stat line was going to be.

No, I wasn't that impressed with his game (though he played well), but it would have been more impressive if he could have willed his team to victory.

To me, it also looked like this Lakers team was dis-engaged, when Westbrook made that crazy shot.

You need a team to win and after that shot it seemed they folded.

Kobe got his... but he could have done more, I feel.

As for the assists thing... Well, I still don't know if it would have been enough to change the outcome.

chazzy
05-22-2012, 02:49 AM
Yes, if Lebron's stats in game 6 in 2010 were empty against the Celtics...then this sure as hell was an empty stat game. Just can't have it both ways.
Bad comparison

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-22-2012, 02:53 AM
Really, would it have pleased anybody if the Lakers don't win ?

Kobe's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't, what ever his stat line was going to be.

No, I wasn't that impressed with his game (though he played well), but it would have been more impressive if he could have willed his team to victory.

To me, it also looked like this Lakers team was dis-engaged, when Westbrook made that crazy shot.

You need a team to win and after that shot it seemed they folded.

Kobe got his... but he could have done more, I feel.

As for the assists thing... Well, I still don't know if it would have been enough to change the outcome.

He could have, but I'm not even tripping. He played well tonight. I'm just saying that winning takes a TEAM effort. Kobe fanbois who labeled other superstars 'losers' despite playing their asses off in the postseason...now TRULY understand how it feels.

DMAVS41
05-22-2012, 02:53 AM
Bad comparison

Don't think so at all.

Legends66NBA7
05-22-2012, 02:55 AM
He could have, but I'm not even tripping. He played well tonight. I'm just saying that winning takes a TEAM effort. Kobe fanbois who labeled other superstars 'losers' despite playing their asses off in the postseason...now TRULY understand how it feels.

Ya, I hear ya.

I think the Lakers will get that bench fixed up nicely in the off season, though.

Lakers have a great NBA history and have only missed the playoffs like... 4 times. It's not about to change just yet, especially with Kobe coming back next year probably more motivated than ever.

DMAVS41
05-22-2012, 02:57 AM

Exactly.

HorryIsMyMVP
05-22-2012, 03:00 AM
If Kobe always shot this well I wouldn't have a reason to hate.

PickernRoller
05-22-2012, 03:01 AM

Total horseshit....kobe 05-till Gasol arrived. Doesn't get worse than that.

if he did he would be best of all time. :roll: :roll: ....you don't need reasons, you make them up.

RazorBaLade
05-22-2012, 03:03 AM

Wouldnt he be like the goat if he shot this well every game?

Legends66NBA7
05-22-2012, 03:04 AM
Exactly.

Who would you say did this consistently though ? Like Superstars who played good/great in the playoffs, but never got over the hump... for whatever reason.

Just curious.

DMAVS41
05-22-2012, 03:04 AM
Total horseshit....kobe 05-till Gasol arrived. Doesn't get worse than that.

Well, in 06 and 07 they were just so bad that I don't think it really set in.

And as you all continue to undervalue the importance of Gasol in 09 and 10...maybe it will set in this time.

PickernRoller
05-22-2012, 03:07 AM

And as you all continue to undervalue the importance of Gasol in 09 and 10...maybe it will set in this time.

Who said such shit. He was our #2 guy and Bynum was completely a non-factor in those two runs. You're making "strawmans" like someone else said to spout crap like you always do.

DMAVS41
05-22-2012, 03:10 AM
Who would you say did this consistently though ? Like Superstars who played good/great in the playoffs, but never got over the hump... for whatever reason.

Just curious.

Like never won ever as the best player?

Barkley, Malone, Stockton, Robinson, West, Baylor....

KG from 02 through 06 was certainly good enough to be the best player on a title winning team...etc.

I feel like we have the evidence now to just say that it takes a hell of a lot to win titles...in terms of coaching, supporting cast, and luck.

I'm not sitting here saying that its not important or that we should ignore how successful Kobe has been. But at some point we have to be able to look past the "5 rings" posts and realize that 3 came when he wasn't even the best player on his team.

Or look at how he's routinely had elite help/coaching around him throughout his career.

Its not just Kobe. Its everyone. MJ, Magic, Bird, Kareem...etc. You need a lot. Other than some very select performances by guys like MJ, Duncan, Hakeem...etc. You just need a lot.

I don't think Kobe fans have ever truly appreciated that when they constantly rag on other great players for not winning. Hell, Razorblade calls Dirk a career loser because he's only won one title. Stuff like that.

DMAVS41
05-22-2012, 03:11 AM
Who said such shit. He was our #2 guy and Bynum was completely a non-factor in those two runs. You're making "strawmans" like someone else said to spout crap like you always do.

So you are denying the fact that Kobe fans have tended to diminish the importance of Gasol and Odom?

Its not a strawman argument when people state what I'm responding to you dumbass.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-22-2012, 03:16 AM

KG from 02 through 06 was certainly good enough to be the best player on a title winning team...etc.

I feel like we have the evidence now to just say that it takes a hell of a lot to win titles...in terms of coaching, supporting cast, and luck.

I'm not sitting here saying that its not important or that we should ignore how successful Kobe has been. But at some point we have to be able to look past the "5 rings" posts and realize that 3 came when he wasn't even the best player on his team.

Or look at how he's routinely had elite help/coaching around him throughout his career.

Its not just Kobe. Its everyone. MJ, Magic, Bird, Kareem...etc. You need a lot. Other than some very select performances by guys like MJ, Duncan, Hakeem...etc. You just need a lot.

I don't think Kobe fans have ever truly appreciated that when they constantly rag on other great players for not winning. Hell, Razorblade calls Dirk a career loser because he's only won one title. Stuff like that.

What I've been trying to say, only better. Bravo my good sir. :applause:

I don't expect Kobe to go out and score 40+ points every playoff game. It would be nice though, if rational fans could put winning and team accomplishments in proper perspective. That's all.

WeGetRing2012
05-22-2012, 03:17 AM

If you are talking about Lebron. He was the issue last year in the Finals.

LakersReign
05-22-2012, 03:17 AM
So you are denying the fact that Kobe fans have tended to diminish the importance of Gasol and Odom?

Its not a strawman argument when people state what I'm responding to you dumbass.

There you go, making sh*t up again. Yeah after trading Odom, Laker/Kobe fans really tried to diminish Odom being on the team. Keeping in mind, MOST if not ALL wish he was still playing for the Lakers. Where does he get this crap from and why does he keep coming on ISH with it?:facepalm

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-22-2012, 03:19 AM
If you are talking about Lebron. He was the issue last year in the Finals.

Yep, just like Kobe was in 2004.

PickernRoller
05-22-2012, 03:19 AM

Laker fans all have different opinions on how they look at Gasol and Odom's contribution in those runs.

It's pretty simple, without a Gasol type of player, of his caliber we wouldn't have won those chips. Odom was simply such a great guy of the bench, sixth man of year in 11'. What you'll often see is people saying both Gasol and Odom carried Kobe to the rings, and people argue it was the other way around. Kobe was the centerpiece, and around it all the other pieces. That's how I look at it. Anything else is pure horseshit and hating and trolling and all that crap.

Legends66NBA7
05-22-2012, 03:22 AM

Yeah, I was leaning towards the "best player" title.

Good points, also.

Kobe has stated in that past that he's been very "lucky" in terms of how many times he's been to the finals (2009 Finals Game 1, I believe the video is out there).

I do feel he did great as a second option, even had one of his better finals runs... though, that's still not the glory of the first option.

And yeah, Dirk hasn't been career "loser"... not even close. His Mavericks teams have consistently been dominant in the regular season and depending on the year... have over achieved and under achieved, I would hardly call that "losing"... doesn't make sense.

I mean, if we

WeGetRing2012
05-22-2012, 03:22 AM
There you go, making sh*t up again. Yeah after trading Odom, Laker/Kobe fans really tried to diminish Odom being on the team. Keeping in mind, MOST if not ALL wish he was still playing for the Lakers. Where does he get this crap from and why does he keep coming on ISH with it?:facepalm

Exactly. What makes Kobe great is that when he is in the position to win he does. And haters seem to ignore the fact the Kobe is good enough to be the center piece of a championship team. How many players can you really build around and win with? And then how many of them actually win when given the chance?

WeGetRing2012
05-22-2012, 03:23 AM
Yep, just like Kobe was in 2004.

:lol please....

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-22-2012, 03:26 AM
:lol please....

Be objective, Kobe stan. You are treading on thin ice. :oldlol:

DMAVS41
05-22-2012, 03:29 AM
Exactly. What makes Kobe great is that when he is in the position to win he does. And haters seem to ignore the fact the Kobe is good enough to be the center piece of a championship team. How many players can you really build around and win with? And then how many of them actually win when given the chance?

When he's in position to win he does. Hmmm...not sure I agree with that fully. I do agree that there is something to be said for winning even when you are the favorite or have an edge. I have never disputed that.

But Kobe was in position to win in 03, 04, 08, and 11. And depending on your standards, this year.

See. I'd love to know if you think Kobe was in position to win in years like 08, 11, and 12.

RazorBaLade
05-22-2012, 03:29 AM

Those years are still nothing compared ot what most other teams go through.

It was fun as shit seeing kobe go off for 40 every other game or just suddenly score 60 or 80 or make 8 threes or score 40 8 games in a row.

I'll probably stop watching the Lakers (really, the NBA since I only watch lakers) once kobe is done completely and if we don't have a star. I can't imagine what its like not competing for a championship AND not having the excitement of a star player. Like maybe I can root for a denver like team, but something like atl or mavs or spurs.. I think im too spoiled.

LakersReign
05-22-2012, 03:34 AM

Moronic haters like dmavs are a waste of space. They have some sort of irrational agenda against Kobe that defies all common sense and logic, so you'll get a headache first before you figure them out. They ignore facts cuz they make their obvious agenda look pathetic. Kobe's had what like 7 Finals appearances, winning 5 of them. But yet somehow, he CAN'T be the centerpiece of a title team? Makes sense if you don't think about it.

AlphaWolf24
05-22-2012, 12:25 PM

this *****!

Kobe started the Lakers first 3 peat by bieng the best player in the Biggest Game of his and Shaq's career!...Game 7 2000 WCFinals Down by 15 points he fueled the comeback...and led the Lakers to Victory.

his whole career is one big cutch/timely shot in big/closeout games.

you and your 2 bro's need to watch more basketball and get a few more laptops....3 people huddled over 1 computer takes time away from watching or playing the game.

Eat Like A Bosh
05-22-2012, 12:36 PM
Kobe played great last night, not to mention he defied father time and throw down a couple really nasty dunks. He was pretty much carrying the Lakers throughout the game, and he did a pretty damn good job of it through 3 quarters, the Lakers hung tight. Kobe and Metta were the only ones that seemed to play with a sense of urgency, as if their life depended on it. Vastly disappointed in everyone else. It''s too bad Bynum and Gasol couldn't step up at this time. They are disinterested and simply don't care anymore. They are satisfied and content with their 2 rings they got. Should get some young guy who are actually hungry for a championship.

Great game by Kobe. Major Props

DirtySanchez
05-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Kobe played his game it's just Westbrook, Durant, and Harden matched him every time.

The bigs were a no show on the boards last night. Pau played good in spurts and Bynum...:facepalm

I think Kenny Smith hit it on the head last night. The team has no identity in terms of an offensive system. I wish they just could go back to the triangle.

pegasus
05-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Kobe played great. He kept them in the game in the first three quarters, just with some help from Gasol and MWP. The game was pretty much decided when Brown kept him in the bench to start the 4th quarter.

Bynum showed 0 heart. He, I believe, let the OKC bigs get that many offensive rebounds on purpose. Grabbing only 4 defensive and 0 offensive rebound for someone his size is absolutely inexcusable. He is an immature prick, who was trying to make a point last night, whatever that may be. They need to trade his arrogant ass asap.

Gasol tried, but he is just not the player he once was. They should trade him for younger and more complementary pieces.

Deuce Bigalow
05-22-2012, 01:05 PM
Some of that is true, but Kobe has been dreadful in elimination games over his career.

No need to revise history. Is what it is.
2000 WCF, game 7

led his team in points, rebounds, assists, and blocks

It is what it is

rodman91
05-22-2012, 02:42 PM
ELIMINATED.
cold :lol

ace23
05-22-2012, 02:48 PM
Stupidity (n.) - DuMa

DMAVS41
05-22-2012, 03:07 PM
2000 WCF, game 7

led his team in points, rebounds, assists, and blocks

It is what it is

I was talking overall. Never said he didn't play well in a few games.

Is what it is.

jlip
05-22-2012, 03:08 PM
:applause: :applause:

Deuce Bigalow
05-22-2012, 03:10 PM
I was talking overall. Never said he didn't play well in a few games.

Is what it is.
So he's only been "bad" in games where his team was blownout and didn't show up. Or in a game like vs Houston in '09 when he only scored 12, but his team won by 40.

Got it.

It is what it is.

alwaysunny
05-22-2012, 03:12 PM
So he's only been "bad" in games where his team was blownout and didn't show up.

Got it.

It is what it is.

Last time I checked Kobe was part of the team, which means he didn't show up either..except yesterday's game maybe.

DMAVS41
05-22-2012, 03:18 PM
So he's only been "bad" in games where his team was blownout and didn't show up. Or in a game like vs Houston in '09 when he only scored 12, but his team won by 40.

Got it.

It is what it is.

What?

Overall his numbers/play in elimination games is not up to the level of the other stars of the last 20 years. I posted the stats....you can look at them yourself.

It's not hard. He has a history of he and his teams struggling. It's just a fact.

Deuce Bigalow
05-22-2012, 03:35 PM
What?

Overall his numbers/play in elimination games is not up to the level of the other stars of the last 20 years. I posted the stats....you can look at them yourself.

It's not hard. He has a history of he and his teams struggling. It's just a fact.
That's what happens when you're part of 3 35+ blowouts

When games were actually close:

'00 WCF, Game 7: 25 pts, 11 reb, 7 ast, 4 blk, 50 eFG% (W)
'02 WCF, Game 6: 31 pts, 11 reb, 5 ast, 50 eG% (W)
'02 WCF, Game 7: 30 pts, 10 reb, 7 ast, 2 stl, 42 eFG% (W)
'07 WCQF, Game 5: 34 pts, 4 reb, 1 ast, 42 eFG% (L)
'10 Finals, Game 6: 26 pts, 11 reb, 3 ast, 4 stl, 50 eFG% (W)
'10 Finals, Game 7: 23 pts, 15 reb, 2 ast, 25 eFG% (W)
'12 WCSF, Game 5: 42 pts, 5 reb, 0 ast, 2 stl, 56 eFG% (L)

DMAVS41
05-22-2012, 03:37 PM

And?

Who is denying anything of the above? Was Kobe not also part of the blowouts as well?

I stated something factual. That is all. Get over it.

Deuce Bigalow
05-22-2012, 03:38 PM
And?

Who is denying anything of the above? Was Kobe not also part of the blowouts as well?

I stated something factual. That is all. Get over it.
Stats without context. That is all.

DMAVS41
05-22-2012, 03:39 PM

Well, that is debatable. I'd say the blowouts are a sign of a team / player laying down. Which was my point to begin with.

PickernRoller
05-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Well, that is debatable. I'd say the blowouts are a sign of a team / player laying down. Which was my point to begin with.

You're are getting picked apart....:roll: :roll: when will you learn doe :facepalm :facepalm

...stupidity knows no bounds I guess. Wonder why people waste time with you here.

guy
05-22-2012, 05:47 PM

So stats in blowouts don't count? :oldlol: Context? The context is his team got blown out. Why does that not factor into him as a performer in elimination games?

Same old thing with Kobe fans where we are supposed to just ignore and leave certain things from his career (first few years of his career cause he came out of high school, less individual accolades in his first 8 years cause he played with Shaq, etc) cause if we actually included those then it would show that certain characterizations of his career are very overexagerated.

LakersReign
05-22-2012, 05:48 PM
You're are getting picked apart....:roll: :roll: when will you learn doe :facepalm :facepalm

...stupidity knows no bounds I guess. Wonder why people waste time with you here.
dmavs and bwink are on the same level of stupidity. Both have this completely irrational hate for Kobe that overrides ALL logic and common sense. What so sad is that they actually sit there and try to come up with a defense for their ridiculous theories. Then try to make it look like we're the delusional ones, simply cuz we don't agree with them.:facepalm

Nevaeh
05-22-2012, 06:11 PM
So stats in blowouts don't count? :oldlol: Context? The context is his team got blown out. Why does that not factor into him as a performer in elimination games?

Same old thing with Kobe fans where we are supposed to just ignore and leave certain things from his career (first few years of his career cause he came out of high school, less individual accolades in his first 8 years cause he played with Shaq, etc) cause if we actually included those then it would show that certain characterizations of his career are very overexagerated.

Deuce has his moments, but he can dodge bullets with the best of em. Kobe choked, pure and simple. "But he had a great game." Buzz!!! Wrong, he scored a lot of points yes, but he also choked waaayyyy before we even got to game 5. How about game 1, 2, and 4? Reality is the only thing keeping Kobe out of GOAT contention, darnit!!!

LakersReign
05-22-2012, 06:15 PM

Holla when you're ready to apply the same standard to Lebron.:sleeping

Artillery
05-22-2012, 06:21 PM
Kobe's a blackhole. You need a stacked team to make a championship run with that kind of player. Phil Jackson knew it and bailed accordingly. Lakers will continue to pick up irrelevant role players like Sessions and then use the media to hype these guys up like they're the savior of the team to appease the critics. Of course, these kind of teams never last long in the playoffs which is why you see the Lakers continue to get blown out of games in the second round every year. The management won't make a significant change since all the Lakers fans really want is to see Kobe score a meaningless 30 points every night. Win/Lose - it doesn't matter to them as long as Kobe gets his stats.

guy
05-22-2012, 06:25 PM
Holla when you're ready to apply the same standard to Lebron.:sleeping

You've mistaken me for a Lebron fan. Where did you get that idea? I'll offer something though. There is a difference though between the two when it comes to my point. I will readily admit that Lebron is a choker, specifically in the last few years. Difference is, the only people that deny that are his crazy fans as well. His reputation isn't overinflated the way Kobe's is though, and people hardly ever ignore his failures or when he didn't live up to his expectations, win or lose.

Like I said, I'm not sure why you brought up Lebron cause I'm not a fan. If you think they should be held to the same standard then I guess you are admitting that Kobe's standards should be lower instead of as high as the standards of some of the all-time greats he's constantly compared to.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Kobe's a blackhole. You need a stacked team to make a championship run with that kind of player. Phil Jackson knew it and bailed accordingly. Lakers will continue to pick up irrelevant role players like Sessions and then use the media to hype these guys up like they're the savior of the team to appease the critics. Of course, these kind of teams never last long in the playoffs which is why you see the Lakers continue to get blown out of games in the second round every year. The management won't make a significant change since all the Lakers fans really want is to see Kobe score a meaningless 30 points every night. Win/Lose - it doesn't matter to them as long as Kobe gets his stats.

Yep. But watching someone chase individual accolades is more aesthetically pleasing to Kobe apostles.

AlphaWolf24

and LBJ needs the most stacked team in NBA History to choke....what's your point?

Bird , Magic , Jordan all had super stacked teams...

Kobe has 5 Rings and 7 NBA Finals....just stats?...he's the only great scorere today with championships....

next

AlphaWolf24
05-22-2012, 06:26 PM

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Nevaeh
05-22-2012, 06:53 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

When are you gonna get crackin' on that Kobe vs. MJ at age 33 pic, like the one you did last season, playboy?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/pimp.gif

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-22-2012, 07:07 PM
When are you gonna get crackin' on that Kobe vs. MJ at age 33 pic, like the one you did last season, playboy?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/pimp.gif

Homie don't play dat. :oldlol:

BallsOut
05-22-2012, 09:58 PM
Kobe played great. He kept them in the game in the first three quarters, just with some help from Gasol and MWP. The game was pretty much decided when Brown kept him in the bench to start the 4th quarter.

Bynum showed 0 heart. He, I believe, let the OKC bigs get that many offensive rebounds on purpose. Grabbing only 4 defensive and 0 offensive rebound for someone his size is absolutely inexcusable. He is an immature prick, who was trying to make a point last night, whatever that may be. They need to trade his arrogant ass asap.

Gasol tried, but he is just not the player he once was. They should trade him for younger and more complementary pieces.

LakersReign
05-23-2012, 12:57 AM
You've mistaken me for a Lebron fan. Where did you get that idea? I'll offer something though. There is a difference though between the two when it comes to my point. I will readily admit that Lebron is a choker, specifically in the last few years. Difference is, the only people that deny that are his crazy fans as well. His reputation isn't overinflated the way Kobe's is though, and people hardly ever ignore his failures or when he didn't live up to his expectations, win or lose.

Like I said, I'm not sure why you brought up Lebron cause I'm not a fan. If you think they should be held to the same standard then I guess you are admitting that Kobe's standards should be lower instead of as high as the standards of some of the all-time greats he's constantly compared to.

You do realize that you're talking about Lebron "king the chosen one next Jordan" James.....the same guy who went on ESPN to announce that he was leaving the Cavs for the Heat.....right?

THE PROSECUTION RESTS YOUR HONOR!!!!:sleeping

amfirst
05-23-2012, 12:59 AM

Doesn't matter if he scored 100 there was no defense.

DMAVS41
05-23-2012, 01:12 AM

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. The facts are what the facts are.

You claiming we shouldn't count blowouts is just you saying something that means nothing. Especially when I was talking about Kobe and his teams having a history of laying down on the verge of elimination.

You are actually making my point for me by bringing up the blowouts you dumb ****.

Standard Kobe stan. We have to ignore X number of seasons, X number of games, X number of elimination games...and on and on.

guy
05-23-2012, 01:15 AM
You do realize that you're talking about Lebron "king the chosen one next Jordan" James.....the same guy who went on ESPN to announce that he was leaving the Cavs for the Heat.....right?

THE PROSECUTION RESTS YOUR HONOR!!!!:sleeping

You clearly didn't understand what I said at all. When a series or a game is close, most people expect Lebron to choke and not come through. No one expects a clutch performance from him or make a game-winner, etc at least in the last few years. When he actually does do something like that its a surprise i.e. game 4, and rightfully so because he's had the worst flameouts of any star player ever so we shouldn't expect much from him.

On the other hand, whenever the Lakers have hit adversity in the playoffs, facing elimination or in a game 7 or whatever, you have a bunch of people on here that expect Kobe to have this historically all-time great game and will his team to victory, and thats hardly ever the case. In fact, losing in a blowout and/or him having a bad shooting night has been more common.

So I'm not sure what your issue is. Lebron's playoff reputation isn't overinflated at all, because its been relatively disappointing for the most part to the point that his 4th quarter troubles is the constant running joke in all of sports. Kobe's playoff reputation is very overinflated because there's this misconception that he's someone that plays this heroic type of basketball in the playoffs in the most pressure filled moments even though this has rarely ever happened with him.

LakersReign
05-23-2012, 01:24 AM
You clearly didn't understand what I said at all. When a series or a game is close, most people expect Lebron to choke and not come through. No one expects a clutch performance from him or make a game-winner, etc at least in the last few years. When he actually does do something like that its a surprise i.e. game 4, and rightfully so because he's had the worst flameouts of any star player ever so we shouldn't expect much from him.

On the other hand, whenever the Lakers have hit adversity in the playoffs, facing elimination or in a game 7 or whatever, you have a bunch of people on here that expect Kobe to have this historically all-time great game and will his team to victory, and thats hardly ever the case. In fact, losing in a blowout and/or him having a bad shooting night has been more common.

So I'm not sure what your issue is. Lebron's playoff reputation isn't overinflated at all, because its been relatively disappointing for the most part to the point that his 4th quarter troubles is the constant running joke in all of sports. Kobe's playoff reputation is very overinflated because there's this misconception that he's someone that plays this heroic type of basketball in the playoffs in the most pressure filled moments even though this has rarely ever happened with him.

Yeah cuz he was "carried" by Phil/Shaq/Gasol/Magic/Kareem/Riley/Wilt/...same sh*t....different day....heard it all before. Yeah Kobe's nothing special, just the luckiest SOB to have ever been born.:sleeping

I REST MY CASE!!!!:facepalm

guy
05-23-2012, 01:27 AM
Yeah cuz he was "carried" by Phil/Shaq/Gasol/Magic/Kareem/Riley/Wilt/...same sh*t....different day....heard it all before. Yeah Kobe's nothing special, just the luckiest SOB to have ever been born.:sleeping

I REST MY CASE!!!!:facepalm

Never said anything like that. Wow someone is sensitive :oldlol:

Jasper
05-23-2012, 01:30 AM
I could say where are the luv boys talkin bout a one player team taking his team to the ring ?
I could say Pau + Bynum = Howard ?
I could say Lakers have the chemistry for a 2011/12 championship ?

But I will say Kobe still has some pride , and Andrew Bynum should be traded as fast as Kupcak can do it for some players that will bring it night in and night out.

Yep Pau should of been moved last summer , for a Howard trade or anytime there after , but the fact is who would want his contract :confusedshrug:

So the easy solution is shipping the 3 point shooter Bynum out .
Lakers need to move a whole bunch of bench crap and get some real role players.... 5 points in a must win game :facepalm

DMAVS41
05-23-2012, 01:51 AM
Stupidity knows no bounds....keep on hating...does it really look like I am arguing something? The question is, why the f'ck is it even a discussion and the people involved.....hate and troll and you're prime.

it's not hating to just state facts. you may not like those facts, but that is on you.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-23-2012, 01:55 AM
Stupidity knows no bounds....keep on hating...does it really look like I am arguing something? Tell me where I claimed something? Quote me, right now...

The question is, why the f'ck is it even a discussion and the people involved.....hate and troll and you're prime. Obsession with Kobe is all it's...like I said, you got picked apart. You can look at something from a stupid perspective just for so long.......

Respond to his points. Quit the strawman insults, Reigny.

DMAVS41
05-23-2012, 07:42 AM
Yeah, cuz according to the Idiotic Clown Posse, ANYBODY who agrees with me, is supposedly an alternate account of mine(Still CAN'T AND WON'T E-V-E-R prove anything for OVER 6 MONTHS NOW). But, if you believe dmavs delusional, narcissistic hot garbage like this: http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262850&page=5

...you're supposedly a real person. Then you wonder why they can only get morons like pauk and lebron23, some of the dumbest people on here, to buy into that hilarious stupidity.:roll:

How is any of that garbage?

Do you think MJ has been a good GM? Do you think his eye for talent has been a good one since he retired?

Do you think paying JJ the max was smart? Do you think Nellie paying Dampier and Haywood so much money was smart?

Just because someone is a GM or former player does not mean they have a better eye for talent...etc.

You act like me saying Presti >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MJ as a GM is nonsense. It is universally accepted as just a fact so far. So how can that be? If its all about playing basketball......how can a D3 player know more about this stuff than the GOAT?

DMAVS41
05-23-2012, 07:43 AM
:lol :lol if you say so...bump the thread...I like that you're seeing ghosts...sign of desperation to grasp at anything. So I am Lakerreign now...

As for DMAVs...I already did.... :roll: :roll: :facepalm

No you didn't. You simply want to not count the stats that I'm actually talking about.

I've never understood how people want to debate facts on here.

PTB Fan
05-23-2012, 08:30 AM
Probably his best individual performance in all of those Game 7 he has played

Da_Realist
05-23-2012, 08:43 AM
It's not "staggering" at all. When Kobe gives up on his team (doing what the f@ck HE wants to do) they give up on him. Just like the movie Any Given Sunday, where the Star Quarterback starts thinking he's bigger than the team.

LA_Showtime
05-23-2012, 01:32 PM
This series summed up our season nicely. Kobe scored a lot of points and, at times, was dominant, but ultimately his age won out and he minimally impacted games. Bynum showed flashes of greatness, but largely overshadowed that with his immaturity and growing pains. Gasol played well at times, but was obviously no where near the guy we saw during the two-peat.

I'd like to say we're one or two moves away from seriously contending again, but I just don't see it. Team chemistry sucks, our head coach is an idiot, and no one has any idea what to think of Jim Buss. These next couple years should be very interesting.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-23-2012, 02:40 PM
ROFL at mods deleting more posts.....that expose LakersReign.

LakersReign
05-23-2012, 03:51 PM
How is any of that garbage?

Do you think MJ has been a good GM? Do you think his eye for talent has been a good one since he retired?

Do you think paying JJ the max was smart? Do you think Nellie paying Dampier and Haywood so much money was smart?

Just because someone is a GM or former player does not mean they have a better eye for talent...etc.

You act like me saying Presti >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MJ as a GM is nonsense. It is universally accepted as just a fact so far. So how can that be? If its all about playing basketball......how can a D3 player know more about this stuff than the GOAT?

You can sit there and pound on your chest and big up yourself all you want to. But the FACT of the matter is, if you claim to know more about picking quality talent than MJ, SOMEBODY....ANYBODY... with an ounce of common sense is going to ask you to back it up. The very idea that you expect people to just take your word for it is absolutely hilarious, and indicative of you truly being delusional. And trying to play it off like you're in the Witness Protection Program under an assumed name, just makes you look even more ridiculous. Cuz if that we're really the case, you wouldn't have been bragging about your supposed wealth of basketball knowledge from supposedly playing and coaching in college, on an open NBA forum to begin with.

MJ solidified his legacy by proving himself, night in and night out. On the court and off. You claiming to know more about judging talent than him without proving anything, while still expecting people to believe you is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.:facepalm

Try again:no:

DMAVS41
05-23-2012, 03:57 PM
You can sit there and pound on your chest and big up yourself all you want to. But the FACT of the matter is, if you claim to know more about picking quality talent than MJ, SOMEBODY....ANYBODY... with an ounce of common sense is going to ask you to back it up. The very idea that you expect people to just take your word for it is absolutely hilarious, and indicative of you truly being delusional. And trying to play it off like you're in the Witness Protection Program under an assumed name, just makes you look even more ridiculous. Cuz if that we're really the case, you wouldn't have been bragging about your supposed wealth of basketball knowledge from supposedly playing and coaching in college, on an open NBA forum to begin with.:facepalm

Try again:no:

I'm not really claiming that I know more than some people. I am saying that just being a GM or owner does not make one more knowledgeable than anyone.

Would I have paid JJ a max contract? Hell no.

Would I have paid Lewis that much? Hell no.

Would I have ever thought that Jason Terry would consistently be good enough to be the 2nd best player on a title winning teams? Hell no.

Forget me though. We don't have to make this about me.

Who do you think has a better basketball mind for team building? Presti or MJ?

I'm curious to know because you say that the more experience you have as a player...or quite frankly how good a player was....is an insight into basketball knowledge.

Well, Presti iirc played D3 ball and MJ might be not only the greatest basketball player ever, but the greatest athlete ever.

I mean...do you really think Kahn has made quality basketball decisions throughout his tenure?

LakersReign
05-23-2012, 04:16 PM
Michael Jordan knows more than me about evaluating talent? Bullshit. Just because you are a great player does not mean anything other than you were a great player. MJ has been a disgrace since as a GM/Owner...etc.http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262850&page=5

You made it about yourself when you decided to post asinine assertions like that. That's the same tried b.s. Lebronytes have been using to try and discredit Jordan, ever since he came out and dissed Lebron leaving Cleveland the way he did. Don't try and backpeddle now cuz you realizing just how moronic you sound. Jordan's legacy on the court and his GM decisions have absolutely nothing to do with each other. People only try to connect the 2 cuz they have an agenda like you always do. Magic was a great Laker, but sucked as a coach. So....by your logic that means cuz he sucked at coaching, somehow means that "Joe Nobody" ArmChair Quarterback Extraordinaire, is a better coach than Magic? As usual your logic doesn't make any sense.:facepalm

RRR3
05-23-2012, 04:18 PM
http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262850&page=5

You made it about yourself when you decided to post asinine assertions like that. That's the same tried b.s. Lebronytes have been using to try and discredit Jordan, ever since he came out and dissed Lebron leaving Cleveland the way he did. Don't try and backpeddle now cuz you realizing just how moronic you sound. Jordan's legacy on the court and his GM decisions have absolutely nothing to do with each other. People only try to connect the 2 cuz they have an agenda like you always do. Magic was a great Laker, but sucked as a coach. So....by your logic that means cuz he sucked at coaching, somehow means that "Joe Nobody" ArmChair Quarterback Extraordinaire, is a better coach than Magic? As usual your logic doesn't make any sense.:facepalm
Everything is about LeBron with you. Mad LeBron has been the best in the NBA for the last 4 years?

DMAVS41
05-23-2012, 04:18 PM

What the **** are you talking about? How have you not been banned. You are by far the worst poster on this website because not only are you a terrible troll, but you lack the intellect to even counter a simple statement.

I never said MJ as a players was connected to him being a GM/Owner. I simply said he's done a shit job and done some idiotic things. Which is just accepted at this point by everyone in the basketball world. Sorry...deal with it.

Again. Presti has done a much better job. But if, according to you, that playing in the NBA makes one smarter and better....then how is that possible?

Who cares the source of anything...you should always evaluate what someone asserts....not evaluate the person.

A person with a degree from Harvard could state a truly idiotic statement and some moron like you would give it credence over a brilliant notion asserted by a community college graduate.

The real world doesn't work like that you ignorant ****. Its about what you do and how good you are....

No owner in the league would hire Jordan over Presti or Buford as their GM....LOL

RRR3
05-23-2012, 04:20 PM
What the **** are you talking about? How have you not been banned. You are by far the worst poster on this website because not only are you a terrible troll, but you lack the intellect to even counter a simple statement.

I never said MJ as a players was connected to him being a GM/Owner. I simply said he's done a shit job and done some idiotic things. Which is just accepted at this point by everyone in the basketball world. Sorry...deal with it.

Again. Presti has done a much better job. But if, according to you, that playing in the NBA makes one smarter and better....then how is that possible?

Who cares the source of anything...you should always evaluate what someone asserts....not evaluate the person.

A person with a degree from Harvard could state a truly idiotic statement and some moron like you would give it credence over a brilliant notion asserted by a community college graduate.

The real world doesn't work like that you ignorant ****. Its about what you do and how good you are....

No owner in the league would hire Jordan over Presti or Buford as their GM....LOL
:applause: :applause: :applause: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
http://chat-behigh.org/www/ether.jpg

LakersReign
05-23-2012, 04:22 PM

The truth really does hurt....doesn't it?:lol

Michael Jordan knows more than me about evaluating talent? Bullshit. Just because you are a great player does not mean anything other than you were a great player. MJ has been a disgrace since as a GM/Owner...etc. http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262850&page=5

So....I'm supposed to be banned cuz you INSISTED on making yourself look stupid, claiming to be a better judge of talent than MJ. But, when asked to prove it, you haul a** instead?:roll:

Nice....real nice:lol :lol :lol :lol

DMAVS41
05-23-2012, 04:35 PM
The truth really does hurt....doesn't it?:lol

So....I'm supposed to be banned cuz you INSISTED on making yourself look stupid, claiming to be a better judge of talent than MJ. But, when asked to prove it, you haul a** instead?:roll:

Nice....real nice:lol :lol :lol :lol

You act like I'm going out on a limb. I would consider any number of people here far more likely to evaluate talent better than MJ.

Quick question. From his time with the Wizards to the Bobcats, is it possible to have done any worse?

It doesn't make me look stupid at all. It makes me look honest. I doubt MJ watches half the basketball a lot of us here do. He's clearly not well informed and clearly isn't fully committed to it....or at least I should say he hasn't been.

MJ would also have been a terrible coach. Terrible. But I'm sure you are going to tell me that isn't true and that a guy that never played in the NBA like JVG couldn't possibly be a better coach. Right?

LakersReign
05-23-2012, 04:40 PM
You act like I'm going out on a limb. I would consider any number of people here far more likely to evaluate talent better than MJ.

Which only proves that you're really delusional and seriously need help if you actually believe that.:facepalm

So...the word of a bunch of nobodies on the internet, that no one knows anything about to you are > MJ's talent decisions. Stop posting and save yourself now....for real.:hammerhead:

DMAVS41
05-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Which only proves that you're really delusional and seriously need help if you actually believe that.:facepalm

So...the word of a bunch of nobodies on the internet, that no one knows anything about to you are > MJ's talent decisions. Stop posting and save yourself now....for real.:hammerhead:

What does it matter if someone is a "nobody" if they have a great basketball eye for talent?

Here is what we know. MJ as a GM has been awful. Hard to be worse. Just a fact.

Do you dispute that?

RRR3
05-23-2012, 04:45 PM
What does it matter if someone is a "nobody" if they have a great basketball eye for talent?

Do you dispute that?
Don't bother with Reigny, DMavs. He literally has the IQ of a rock:lol . Call him "Reigny" btw, the results are hilarious.:roll:

LakersReign
05-23-2012, 04:48 PM

Do you dispute that?

Yeah...cuz in "dmavs world" just cuz a person SAYS they're good at something, that AUTOMATICALLY means it's true....right? They don't have to prove a thing, cuz they said so, it's so.:facepalm

Trying to judge MJ's talent decisions vs people who SAY they know more than he does about talent is ludicrous as hell. But remember now, according to these same set of goofy bast**ds, I'm supposedly the one who's "crazy" So...according to you, if somebody SAYS they're a better doctor than Dr. Ben Carson, I guess it's so then....huh? Cuz that's supposedly the sort of thing SANE people go around saying....right? Yeah Joe Nobody off the internet says he can be a better GM than Jordan can be....and normal people are supposed to be like "ok" come and operate on me then.:hammerhead:

Keep telling yourself that:facepalm

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Yeah...cuz in "your world" just cuz a person SAYS they're good at something, that AUTOMATICALLY means it's true....right? They don't have to prove a thing, cuz they said so, it's so.:facepalm

Trying to judge MJ's talent decisions vs people who SAY they know more than he does about talent is ludicrous as hell. But remember now, according to these same set of goofy bast**ds, I'm supposedly the one who's "crazy" So...according to you, if somebody SAYS they're a better doctor than Dr. Ben Carson, I guess it's so then....huh? Cuz that's supposedly the sort of thing SANE people go around saying....right?:facepalm

.....:oldlol:

RRR3
05-23-2012, 05:27 PM
AND....no matter how many times you post that

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reigny a city/commune is France, but it's all he really has cuz he CAN'T think of anything else:facepalm

PURE DESPERATION(rrr3) AT IT'S BEST!!!!:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Then he(rrr3) TRIES to talk about IQ's when it's CLEAR he has none. Yeah you're right...the results are hilarious. Watching you DESPERATELY try to make that catch on and fail miserably for the last 6 months is PRICELESS!!!!:oldlol:
Read closely
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reigny

Doranku
05-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Read closely
:roll:

LakersReign
05-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Read closely

Reading and reading comprehension are STILL ....VERY fundamental.

Reigny: a commune in the Cher department in the Centre region of France.:facepalm

RRR3
05-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Learn how to read: Reigny is a commune in the Cher department in the Centre region of France.:facepalm
http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/010485d2afd5cd5978d830a16c47650b.jpg

RRR3
05-23-2012, 05:38 PM
....which only makes you(rrr3) look even dumber trying to use it as an insult cuz you(rrr3) literally CAN'T think of anything else to say:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
"A farming area comprising the village and a few hamlets situated by the banks of the river Arnon, some 38 miles (61 km) south of Bourges, at the junction of the D38 with the D62 and D997 roads. It is inhabitated by a crazed Kobe fan named LakersReign whose nickname "Reigny" inspired the name of the commune."
:coleman:

PickernRoller
05-23-2012, 05:39 PM
No you didn't. You simply want to not count the stats that I'm actually talking about.

I've never understood how people want to debate facts on here.

Wtf are you talking about? Again....tell me what the facts say moron. I already asked you once. All the facts, not just a small sample size. You tell me what all the facts say and how you arrive to such conclusion. Like I said....keep on spouting shit. I'll be waiting for you to state ALL the facts and then tell me what they say according to you....

Don't skip the simple question, what do ALL the facts say?

RRR3
05-23-2012, 05:42 PM
Too bad that's NOWHERE on the page and link:sleeping

Pure desperation(rrr3) at it's best!!!!:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Click the link

Nevaeh
05-23-2012, 05:46 PM

Good lookin' out Da Realist. These youngsters (Kobe Brigade and Alpha 24) just want a Hero. They don't want to understand the game.

RRR3
05-23-2012, 05:50 PM
Good lookin' out Da Realist. These youngsters (Kobe Brigade and Alpha 24) just want a Hero. They don't want to understand the game.
Nev, notice anything on this page? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reigny
Report back please :D

RRR3
05-23-2012, 06:02 PM
http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/0a0b21da535a871ebd8a430a03334550.jpg
:coleman:

LakersReign
05-23-2012, 07:10 PM
http://www.abbayedereigny.com/

You mad?:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BallsOut
05-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Kobe da Gawd :bowdown:

DMAVS41
05-23-2012, 10:47 PM
Wtf are you talking about? Again....tell me what the facts say moron. I already asked you once. All the facts, not just a small sample size. You tell me what all the facts say and how you arrive to such conclusion. Like I said....keep on spouting shit. I'll be waiting for you to state ALL the facts and then tell me what they say according to you....

Don't skip the simple question, what do ALL the facts say?

I already posted them. Here are the facts:

What do they show? That Kobe has not performed very well compared to his contemporaries in elimination games.

A quote from the article:
[B]
Most players perform similarly by Game Score to all of their playoff performances in the studied time periods, with the notable exceptions of David Robinson, Kobe Bryant and Dirk Nowitzki. Kobe

Nevaeh
05-23-2012, 11:10 PM
Nev, notice anything on this page? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reigny
Report back please :D

I'm late as hell, but yes I did see it. Can you also tell me the origin of the creature known as the "AlphaWolf" as well please? I'm pretty sure the words "delusional" and "Lying sack of sh!t" will be in the description somewhere.

RRR3
05-23-2012, 11:14 PM
I'm late as hell, but yes I did see it. Can you also tell me the origin of the creature known as the "AlphaWolf" as well please? I'm pretty sure the words "delusional" and "Lying sack of sh!t" will be in the description somewhere.
The great historian Shaqattack told me the legend of the notorious AlphaWolf....

That's just the creature known as Alphawolf, he comes out every now and then to look for any of Kobe's jizz that he can find as it's the only type of nourishment he can survive on. Legend has it that he saw Kobe's dick as a kid and he went insane. Now he usually alone fantasizing about it saying "The precious, the precious" to himself. His other time is spent thinking of ways to give Kobe more credit than he deserves and angle for a way to justify him as the GOAT. This includes using quotes out of context as well as falses stats and clinging to the slightest bit of evidence that can back up his statements about Kobe while ignoring the majority evidence which doesn't(see his love for that 2001 ESPN article). Along the way, he's developed a small cult following, mostly 14 year olds such as The Legend 24 and several others.

RRR3
05-23-2012, 11:23 PM
http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/91359e618cfc654ebbefa8112e9ecba1.jpg

LakersReign
05-24-2012, 12:02 AM
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q=reigny&sub-search=SEARCH&geo=&returnTo=__2F__

Too bad your crap doesn't show up on Trip Advisor...why is that?:hammerhead:

Just gotta love it how the place was founded in 1962, but according to this a**clown(rrr3) it was inspired by me posting on ISH in December 2011....49 YEARS...AFTER IT WAS FOUNDED!!!!:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

RRR3
05-24-2012, 12:05 AM
http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/272da9fb8dd0bb394c3d51c783dad15d.jpg
:roll: :roll: :roll:

RRR3
05-24-2012, 12:10 AM
AND....no matter how many times you post that crap...it still CAN'T AND WON'T EVER be found on Trip Advisor...why is that?

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g2314445-Newton_Reigny_Penrith_Lake_District_Cumbria_Englan d-Vacations.html

Try harder:sleeping
Because they don't want tourists to know the TERRIBLE truth about the place obviously. They just want to make money, no one would visit if they knew you lived there, flinging your own feces at anything that moves.:lol

chazzy
05-24-2012, 12:13 AM
This "Lakersreign vs X poster" stuff is getting old.. both of you

RRR3
05-24-2012, 12:15 AM
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187111-d597920-r14675636-L_Abbaye_de_la_Bussiere-Dijon_Cote_d_Or_Burgundy.html

STILL nowhere to be found on Trip Advisor:facepalm

Try harder:sleeping
I told you they don't want to scare off tourists, Reigny. Go change your poopy diapers, you big baby!:lol

LakersReign
05-24-2012, 12:15 AM
This "Lakersreign vs X poster" stuff is getting old.. both of you

It's been 6 months old. But this clown has nothing better to do than come on an NBA forum to OBSESS over another guy, like he wants to **** me or something. He doesn't know crap about basketball(OBVIOUSLY) so he's clearly only on here to troll. Cuz talking about another guy on an NBA forum seems like the sort of thing to him that normal straight guys supposedly do on an NBA forum.:eek:

RRR3
05-24-2012, 12:17 AM
It's been 6 months old. But this clown has nothing better to do than come on an NBA forum to OBSESS over another guy. He doesn't know crap about basketball(OBVIOUSLY) so he's clearly only on here to troll. Cuz talking about another guy on an NBA forum seems like the sort of thing to him that normal straight guys supposedly do on an NBA forum.:eek:
So I'm gay now? :roll: :roll: :roll: Reigny, even if I was gay (which is nothing to be ashamed of), I sure as hell wouldn't be attracted to a raving madman like you. Trust me, I'm straight as can be, and I have NO interest in you. Sorry.:coleman:

LakersReign
05-24-2012, 12:19 AM
Yeah cuz coming on an NBA forum with all your boyfriends, OBSESSING over another guy seems like the sort of thing to talk about on an NBA forum....right? I(rrr3) feel this URGENT NEED to post all that b.s. about him on Wiki, and laugh at it with all my boyfriends. but I'm NOT OBSESSED with him. Everytime he's on ISH talking about the NBA me and all my boyfriends run in and derail the thread, fantasizing about him, but I'm NOT obsessed with him. GTFOH!!!!

RRR3
05-24-2012, 12:21 AM
Yeah cuz coming on an NBA forum with all your boyfriends, OBSESSING over another guy seems like the sort of thing to talk about an an NBA forum....right? GTFOH!!!!
:sleeping :sleeping :sleeping

LakersReign
05-24-2012, 12:22 AM
There it go. The truth really does hurt....doesn't it?:lol

RRR3
05-24-2012, 12:22 AM
There it go. The truth really does hurt....doesn't it?:lol
:biggums:

PickernRoller
05-24-2012, 06:36 PM
I already posted them. Here are the facts:

What do they show? That Kobe has not performed very well compared to his contemporaries in elimination games.

A quote from the article:

Most players perform similarly by Game Score to all of their playoff performances in the studied time periods, with the notable exceptions of David Robinson, Kobe Bryant and Dirk Nowitzki. Kobe’s elimination game struggles have been discussed before, but on the flip side, Dirk looks like a basketball Hercules. Even with a few of horrible performances, most infamously his 8 point exit game against Golden State, Nowitzki still destroys the field in True Shooting% (TS%) while averaging just under 29 a contest. He maintains his historically good turnover rates and he’s scored 30 or more in 13 of his 20 elimination games.

In addition to a noticeable drop off in his individual play, Kobe's teams have been blown out repeatedly in these situations. Last year against the Mavs and this year against the Thunder being the two most recent examples.

I presented this same information earlier. What do you dispute now you ****ing ignorant moron?

First and foremost no one is debating the facts, like many have said before and what many argued like DeuceB..the facts, which are the stats are not debatable. So you can keep on saying I am debating them to make your responses look good but that is clearly not a fact. The stats are the facts, what is not a fact, is your interpretation of the stats(facts), and or the interpretation of the writer from whom you forged your opinion in the first place. So, so far, we gotten two things apart, stats are facts, and, opinions and interpretations are not.

Your whole promise in this borrowed view of yours is that Kobe struggles in elimination games - a given, as in " Kobe gives up" or, "Kobe doesn't perform when facing adversity"

Example:

most of the time he and his teams just lay down - DMAVS

Yet, you even admit, without grasping the relationship:

Well, in 06 and 07 they were just so bad that I don't think it really set in. when answering to another question…..

It's pretty self explanatory that stats without context mean shit. As such, going as far as that writer went to say that "Kobe struggles in elimination games" - and make it a given, a merit, just by looking at stats and not the context of those stats (how the games played out, his teammates and the opposing team) is simply ignorance at its best. One of the reasons he's writing on a forsaken blog…

Then,

I was talking overall. Never said he didn't play well in a few games. - DMAVS

What I find funny about your response is how you write those stats, those "facts" off as if they really had no weight in the discussion. Yet, Deuce quoted 7 games of the 11 mentioned in your article as the sample size(I assume those games are part of them - I am pretty sure Kobe has been part of more than 11 elimination games). I also find it puzzling that the guy that has faced the most elimination games according to the writer is the one that has performed better, Dirk, with 20 elimination games. Boy why is that? Faced weak teams? focal point of offense? had better all around teams? Opponents?….. Again, stats without context. Plus Like I said, I am pretty sure those sample sizes are not the correct amount of games..…

So, no one will deny that Kobe was part of 3 35+ pts blow out games, but you can't deny he performed as he should in the majority of the elimination games he's been part of. Again, stats without context. You easily quoted 11' as a hallmark year. Yet, you choose to forget that Kobe's knee during that year was f'cked up and he considered retiring if he wasn't able to get the treatment that he got in Germany. Lets forget this was the team that later went to win the championship and cruised through the playoffs beating the Heat. Lets not even mention how bad overall the Lakers as whole played after coming from back-to-back championships (kobetard excuses or context?) Back-to-back championships, a feat, as you realized, not easy to achieve as your boy Dirk got swept in the first round - hard ain't it? I can go on and on about 08' with the Celtics (best Celtics team in decades) and what happened there but again…3 paragraphs just explaining why stats without context are crap.

What I really find must puzzling is how, after praising Kobe in the first page of this thread for his performance you go on to say that, the team, Kobe's team, not Kobe, struggled in the OKC elimination game. So, which of the two? Kobe struggles or his team struggles? The writer says is Kobe as well as his team (not making clear distinction between the two because it will expose his argument by having him explain it) - grasping on the recent and noticeable examples to drive his agenda. Never does he take those stats within the context of those games, all of them. Very easy to gather some stats and make a claim with no explanation whatsoever other than "givens", statements that the writer believes you'll take as truth, fact, without him having to validate them or explain them.

You on the other hand jump all over the place back and forth between the two……to be expected when trying to back up a flawed interpretation. Grasp at anything to win the argument right?

You cite the OKC series as being another example…well hec, if we are going to go with those parameters now, Dirk also struggled yet he clearly did not, individually he did not, and Kobe did not either. The better team simply made clear it was the better team and exploited the other teams weakness which amass for such type of game.

So, to conclude, do not call your opinion and interpretation of facts, of stats a "fact". Opinions and interpretations of stats are not facts. Second, the assertion that Kobe struggles in elimination games is simply not true. When looking at those stats within the context of the games you can see why they are what they are. Within those stats you can pinpoint to games where Kobe did not perform so good, per the standards of what people look for in Kobe (scoring 30+ pts over 45% being the benchmark you could say) and you can also, pin point to games where he performed very well (not necessarily scoring 30+ pts) ...the majority. The comparison of players is even more absurd.

Comparing players in a generalized manner without taking into account context is again, ignorance at its best. What that writer had you believe, or better say fall for is what writers have been doing for decades, using stats, facts to drive their own agenda, opinions and perspectives of what according to them the stats mean. Anyone with a brain knows how facts can be twisted around and given stupid meanings…. I however, do not expect a Kobe hater to grasp the difference because it's simply just another tool to drive an agenda here - the picture that Kobe is a quitter and that Kobe struggles when facing adversity(he doesn't have what it takes). It's all about the Kobetards remember?...:facepalm

Rest my case.