PDA

View Full Version : NBA Live 13

Clippersfan86
05-22-2012, 03:59 PM
I'm actually hyped about this game, how about you guys? These guys haven't had a game out for almost 2 years now. Supposedly EA fired 69 out of 70 employees previously on the NBA Live team. So they are expecting some big changes. One cool thing I heard about was ability to customize soundtrack/songs and add, remove some based on downloads etc.

EA servers are also more stable than 2K. Supposedly NBA Live 13 has full integration of ESPN to the max (more so than 2K). I knew Elite was going to be a bust before they scrapped it... but I think they are going to do it right this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01JZJrB63TQ&feature=related

LOGoods7
05-22-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm actually hyped about this game, how about you guys? These guys haven't had a game out for almost 2 years now. Supposedly EA fired 69 out of 70 employees previously on the NBA Live team. So they are expecting some big changes. One cool thing I heard about was ability to customize soundtrack/songs and add, remove some based on downloads etc.

EA servers are also more stable than 2K. Supposedly NBA Live 13 has full integration of ESPN to the max (more so than 2K). I knew Elite was going to be a bust before they scrapped it... but I think they are going to do it right this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01JZJrB63TQ&feature=related

I will definitely consider it, NBA2k12 was wack. Even though NBA live hasn't been good in forever if they put out a better basketball game I'll buy it over 2K13, no hesitation.

Clippersfan86
05-22-2012, 04:53 PM
I will definitely consider it, NBA2k12 was wack. Even though NBA live hasn't been good in forever if they put out a better basketball game I'll buy it over 2K13, no hesitation.

I like 2K12 a lot but after months of owning it... I have to say it doesn't have the same replayability of previous games from 2K or Live. The fact that I'm forced to play minimum of 20-30 of the My Player games a season is absurd. I should be able to simulate as much as I want.. otherwise it starts to feel tedious as hell.

Tenchi Ryu
05-22-2012, 05:48 PM
Meh, As far as I'm concerned, 2K has completely owned the basketball genre. EA is gonna have to do some epic shit for me to consider it, especially with the shit they last put out.

Brujesino
05-22-2012, 05:53 PM
Showed no gameplay or anything else.:sleeping

Heavincent
05-22-2012, 06:20 PM
Probably gonna suck. Ironically, EA Sports isn't great at making sports games.

outbreak
05-22-2012, 08:40 PM
I think EA will ruin this. 2k12 was pretty decent but I agree I've found it has less re playability, I like making associations but every player this year has close to the same feel on their jump shots and I seem to be able to pull off the same wins using guys rated in the 60s as guys rated in the 90s this time around. Wasn't like that in 2k11.

Qwyjibo
05-23-2012, 01:33 AM
The only reason Live coming out is a good thing is that it will at least create some competition in the basketball video game market again. Hopefully that will force more effort to be put into the 2K series. It would be nice if the 2K series had at least semi-functional and intuitive online lobbies and features.

Clippersfan86
05-23-2012, 02:12 AM
I think EA will ruin this. 2k12 was pretty decent but I agree I've found it has less re playability, I like making associations but every player this year has close to the same feel on their jump shots and I seem to be able to pull off the same wins using guys rated in the 60s as guys rated in the 90s this time around. Wasn't like that in 2k11.

Yup. Hate how they took away draft comparisons. That simple thing made drafting so much more fun. I'd always look for the next Shaq, Yao etc.

Velocirap31
05-23-2012, 03:50 AM
I wouldn't be too eager to buy EA's first reattempt at the NBA Live series. It'll probably be full of bugs and glitches and/or suck as much as all the previous Live games.

jaydacris
05-23-2012, 05:10 AM
i hope jesus-bynum of nazereth gets resurrected

http://mt.nesn.com/.a/6a0115709f071f970b0133f4b385e2970b-550wi

LOGoods7
05-23-2012, 12:25 PM
I wouldn't be too eager to buy EA's first reattempt at the NBA Live series. It'll probably be full of bugs and glitches and/or suck as much as all the previous Live games.

That's true of course, but I'm considering at least giving NBA Live a shot whereas from NBA2K7-2K11 I didn't even think about buying or playing NBA live

Rose
05-23-2012, 01:10 PM
That's true of course, but I'm considering at least giving NBA Live a shot whereas from NBA2K7-2K11 I didn't even think about buying or playing NBA live
Same although...I was thinking about buying live first and then trading it in if I didn't like it the year 2k11 came out. BUT then that plan was never gonna happen the day they announced Jordan has the cover.:oldlol:

LJJ
05-23-2012, 02:06 PM
`2k's rendition of the actual basketball part of the game was always better, but once 2k started adding things like better strategy, better ball handling, signature shots and the like EA was already completely lost. Since those days, 2k has kept on piling a lot of modes into the series in addition to the gameplay tweaks. The my player mode, 2k Share, the legends mode, the team multiplayer.

I'm curious to see what they'll do though. Most likely it'll just be as close a copy of 2k's gameplay as they can make with one gimmick added to spark interest. But if they truly tried to find their own basketball game and strike a different chord than 2k that could be interesting.

bdreason
05-23-2012, 02:56 PM
The only thing EA could bring to the table was better online play, and an Ultimate Team mode.

If the core gameplay sucks though, none of that will matter.

Rake2204
05-23-2012, 03:36 PM
I'm definitely intrigued about the re-invention of NBA Live. The previous iterations had really lost touch with what I was interested in seeing in a basketball simulation. With that said, I'm not sure I'm convinced the first year of a complete reinvention (Live 13) can be as solid as a game that's been building on something great for a number of years (2K).

On 2K's side of things, I'm just hoping for a few things out of 2K13. Mainly, it'd be nice to have the weird defensive morphing, sliding, and dilly-dallying worked out. There's some primary player-movement qualities that seemed to be adjusted for the worst from 2K11 to 2K12. Second, I'm hoping their re-build internet connectivity can be squared away (they ditched Dreamcast-era online technology in 2K11 and built from scratch for 2K12). My thought is perhaps another year of production will finally allow everything to fall in step.

Also, I pray 2K doesn't take away anything having to do with classic teams. In fact, I hope they build upon their base. With the Association and My Player stalling out for me (I've just flat out lost interest) the classic teams are the only thing I've played on 2K in the last three months. With such a wealth of legends and hacked jerseys (like the '93 Suns), people have been able to crank out some impressively accurate classic teams that go beyond 2K's original offerings. The replay value feels almost endless.

Fiasco
05-24-2012, 07:20 PM
2K12 is garbage, it's not even a finished game. Live 13 better be good.

Clippersfan86
05-24-2012, 09:25 PM
Can somebody help me understand why for some reason 2K12 is so much boring than all other previous games? I have to force myself to play and that's only to scratch my basketball itch. With NBA Live 01-08 ish... and NBA 2K-2k11 ish... it's never been like that. It just feels so bland. The dribbling/crossover moves for one aren't fun to me like in previous games. I love the highlight aspect EA always took pride in. The ankle breakers.. the flashy dunks etc. Made it more fun to just pick up and play against buddies.

Rake2204
05-24-2012, 09:49 PM
Can somebody help me understand why for some reason 2K12 is so much boring than all other previous games? I have to force myself to play and that's only to scratch my basketball itch. With NBA Live 01-08 ish... and NBA 2K-2k11 ish... it's never been like that. It just feels so bland. The dribbling/crossover moves for one aren't fun to me like in previous games. I love the highlight aspect EA always took pride in. The ankle breakers.. the flashy dunks etc. Made it more fun to just pick up and play against buddies.
I actually believe it has a lot to do with the manner with which the defense is set up this year. Contrary to past iterations of 2K, it seems physics and logic took a little bit of a back seat this year. As such, the game doesn't seem to play out as naturally as one may hope. Or to put it another way, players aren't being rewarded in 2K12 when the correct jab, dribble move, or ball fake is performed, even when it elicits a defensive response that'd seemingly lead to an advantage for the offensive player.

Here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E531hel3YTQ

In the clip above, it's clear Rod Strickland's pump fake forced Sarunas Marciulionis to commit his body weight into contesting the shot. Through our knowledge of real life logic and physics, Strickland should have been able to get a clear step on Sarunas, leaving Marciulionis to shift his body and scramble to recover. Instead, as can be seen, Sarunas is able to contest then cease physics mid-animation and slide easily in recovery, nullifying the logically correct play.

So basically, users in 2K12 are often not rewarded for making the correct plays. This can create a random feeling when initiating moves and attempting to capitalize on poor weight shifts from the defense. As such, dribble moves become less enjoyable because a lot of the cause-and-effect seems to be removed.

Clippersfan86
05-24-2012, 09:55 PM
I actually believe it has a lot to do with the manner with which the defense is set up this year. Contrary to past iterations of 2K, it seems physics and logic took a little bit of a back seat this year. As such, the game doesn't seem to play out as naturally as one may hope. Or to put it another way, players aren't being rewarded in 2K12 when the correct jab, dribble move, or ball fake is performed, even when it elicits a defensive response that'd seemingly lead to an advantage for the offensive player.

Here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E531hel3YTQ

In the clip above, it's clear Rod Strickland's pump fake forced Sarunas Marciulionis to commit his body weight into contesting the shot. Through our knowledge of real life logic and physics, Strickland should have been able to get a clear step on Sarunas, leaving Marciulionis to shift his body and scramble to recover. Instead, as can be seen, Sarunas is able to contest then cease physics mid-animation and slide easily in recovery, nullifying the logically correct play.

So basically, users in 2K12 are often not rewarded for making the correct plays. This can create a random feeling when initiating moves and attempting to capitalize on poor weight shifts from the defense. As such, dribble moves become less enjoyable because a lot of the cause-and-effect seems to be removed.

Yup. That has indeed been a problem for me. Defense somehow never gets thrown off much. Only way I can get by a defender consistently is with a good screen. Another thing is 2K promised no more interceptions by defense when not looking or not a good angle but that's bullshit. Every long pass I throw even if defense is nowhere near good angle/position gets picked off.

Which takes away the fastbreak highlights.

ukballer
05-25-2012, 09:58 AM

I'm not sure, I think it's the best Basketball game to date. :confusedshrug:

Guess people get bored quickly.

Same thing applies to almost any game though. The more you play it, the more it'll begin to irritate you, bugs will become more apparent, gameplay will get stale etc.

jbot
05-26-2012, 04:01 PM
i will definitely be checking of live this year. the final straw for 2k12 for me was the fact that after hours of changing my rosters, the game still sets the starters how it wants it.

Clippersfan86
05-26-2012, 06:12 PM
i will definitely be checking of live this year. the final straw for 2k12 for me was the fact that after hours of changing my rosters, the game still sets the starters how it wants it.

Don't forget the stupid My Player crap of trading your entire roster in a week they finally fixed months later. Or adding the legends/teams later for 15 extra bucks :facepalm .

Clippersfan86
05-26-2012, 06:18 PM
About to go buy NBA Live 10 just for nostalgia. I miss basketball games with flashy dunks/crossovers. I don't like the plastic looking graphics but game play was very fun.

Rose
05-26-2012, 06:47 PM
My biggest issues with 2k are in no particular order:

-The rosters reset themselves
-Sometimes the most up to date one isn't the one that loads when I start an association, despite it taking 4-5 minutes to get the latest roster from 2k Sports!
-When that happens there's no way to back out of starting an association after I notice that it's the ones from August 26 or whenever the game was released.
-The downloading of draft classes online rarely works. So I always have to go get my usb and do it that way, it's not a big deal to me really, but if you're gonna say the game has a feature, make sure it works at least half the time.
-I miss the trade block:(
-While I do like the defensive sliders don't get me wrong, I hate how in the 4th quarter random scrubs like Delfino and Charlie Bell will get 10 steals and tie up the game. Because magically they figure me out towards the end.
-The servers, while I never have as much trouble as them as other people say they do. There are nights when ISH's server is better.

jbot
05-27-2012, 03:05 AM
About to go buy NBA Live 10 just for nostalgia. I miss basketball games with flashy dunks/crossovers. I don't like the plastic looking graphics but game play was very fun.
gameplay >>> graphics.

IBLEEDGREEN20
06-02-2012, 07:44 PM
NBA LIVE 10 was so good it went over peoples heads...

I'll never forget how bad 2k10 was and people still supported the hell out of a laggy, low framerate glitchy mess.

I am beyond excited for nba live 13.

Draz
06-04-2012, 03:22 PM
grew up playing live might give this a try.

Asiantastic
06-06-2012, 10:13 PM
EA showed their first 5 screenshots from NBA Live 13 at E3. Looks pretty good to be honest.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oubh24comxbjpg/original.jpg

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oubh24dyqeljpg/original.jpg

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oubha0kn3axjpg/original.jpg

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oubha0h17j9jpg/original.jpg

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oubh24bgq98jpg/original.jpg

Maniak
06-06-2012, 10:40 PM
lebron looks quite good, pau looks decent, and chandler is so terrible.

Numero 10
06-07-2012, 04:22 AM
Pretty good screenshots. The Lebron shot is very good. Haven't owned a bball game since NBA Live 10. Hoping Live comes back strong.

Hotbullets
06-07-2012, 10:36 AM
The jerseys look like they're painted on.

Getting kinda bored with the 2K-series, so I really hope NBA Live will be good. But I doubt it honestly.

Rake2204
06-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Like any basketball game information released around this time, I wouldn't put much stock into anything we've seen from Live at this point. Even in September (a month prior to release) a lot of the footage we see from NBA games comes from builds completed two to three months prior. As such, I think we could assume the builds we saw at E3 or Live and 2K are both likely quite dated themselves. One of the telling signs right off the bat would be Richard Hamilton's hair (he's been bald for the past year).

LJJ
06-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Like any basketball game information released around this time, I wouldn't put much stock into anything we've seen from Live at this point. Even in September (a month prior to release) a lot of the footage we see from NBA games comes from builds completed two to three months prior. As such, I think we could assume the builds we saw at E3 or Live and 2K are both likely quite dated themselves. One of the telling signs right off the bat would be Richard Hamilton's hair (he's been bald for the past year).

You are thinking of demos. Playable demos are usually based on builds a couple of months old, and there are good reasons for this. Some mechanics need to be build around the demo; the gameplay they have needs to be polished a bit for the demo; they have to go through testing for the demo; they have to get their demo reviewed and approved, etc.

This doesn't apply to footage or screen shots. What reason would they have to release 3 month old screen shots and trailers instead of the newest, best looking stuff they have?

Rake2204
06-07-2012, 02:47 PM
You are thinking of demos. Playable demos are usually based on builds a couple of months old, and there are good reasons for this. Some mechanics need to be build around the demo; the gameplay they have needs to be polished a bit for the demo; they have to go through testing for the demo; they have to get their demo reviewed and approved, etc. As such, often what the public sees tends to be dated.

This doesn't apply to footage or screen shots. What reason would they have to release 3 month old screen shots and trailers instead of the newest, best looking stuff they have?
Yes, demos are often old builds. However, the same can be said for early gameplay clips released. Surely, an all-but-finished copy tends to make the rounds about a week or two prior but before that, things are typically still in the making. I'm not sure it's as simple as 2K creating a June 7th build, a June 8th build, etc. Even for non-demos, I think it takes a little extra to create a "build" that's releasable for things to be extracted from it.

The trailers for each game will surely be made up of footage from a near-finished build. That's why official trailers don't tend to drop until mid- to late August aka nearly three months from now (like 2K's last year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M88NkqIvdc4 and the year before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIy9_558v3k&feature=relmfu). Even then, the games weren't complete. Aesthetically, Jordan had a purple tongue, he didn't have his leg band, Bill Laimbeer was wearing the wrong jersey number, LaPhonso Ellis hadn't even signed on yet, etc. Further, the early video clips released this past year had every single layup bouncing way off the high glass (this was true in the demo as well). Since those clips were old builds, this was adjusted for the final product.

So again, I think there's still a lot of gameplay changes to be made in each game, but I especially think aesthetics are subject to change. It seems those are the most common late adjustments and perhaps the easiest to make.

IBLEEDGREEN20
06-08-2012, 09:01 PM
the lebron pic caught my eye because of the banners in the background. NBA live 10 TD Garden arena for celtics had the banners but they all said "66".. really pissed me off..

Clippersfan86
08-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Rumors starting to swirl in the gaming industry that it will be canceled or pushed back again. Absolutely ZERO news last couple months and it had a TERRIBLE showing at E3 and earlier previews said it was very very glitchy. Unfortunately I'll be FORCED to buy 2K again due to no choice. I miss the old free glowing style of Live :( :mad:

Heavincent
08-07-2012, 12:03 AM
Rumors starting to swirl in the gaming industry that it will be canceled or pushed back again. Absolutely ZERO news last couple months and it had a TERRIBLE showing at E3 and earlier previews said it was very very glitchy. Unfortunately I'll be FORCED to buy 2K again due to no choice. I miss the old free glowing style of Live :( :mad:

lol Live has sucked so bad ever since the 360 came out. 2K has been showing them up year after year :oldlol:

**** EA. They were hyping Elite 11 to be the best basketball game of all time, then they released that god awful demo :oldlol:

Clippersfan86
08-07-2012, 12:12 AM
lol Live has sucked so bad ever since the 360 came out. 2K has been showing them up year after year :oldlol:

**** EA. They were hyping Elite 11 to be the best basketball game of all time, then they released that god awful demo :oldlol:

I just hate not having options... because then 2K knows they don't really have to step up and people can't really do much but buy it anyways. 2K12 was great first week or two but for some reason it had terrible replayability compared to previous 2K games.

Heavincent
08-07-2012, 12:20 AM
I just hate not having options... because then 2K knows they don't really have to step up and people can't really do much but buy it anyways. 2K12 was great first week or two but for some reason it had terrible replayability compared to previous 2K games.

Competition is always good. Just look at how Madden football games have declined over the years since they have the exclusive license. Still, I just do not like EA. They seem lazy to me. 2K seems more ambitious.

I disagree about the re-playability. I played the shit out of 2K12. It's not my favorite game, but it's probably the game I have played the most since it came out.

ThyGreatOne
08-07-2012, 12:27 AM
Competition is always good. Just look at how Madden football games have declined over the years since they have the exclusive license. Still, I just do not like EA. They seem lazy to me. 2K seems more ambitious.

I disagree about the re-playability. I played the shit out of 2K12. It's not my favorite game, but it's probably the game I have played the most since it came out.
Agreed! There is a severe lack of competition between the sporting video games and we the consumers are paying the ultimate price for it! Just as you said, without the proper competition these gaming companies seem to not care if the game is rushed, flawed, and marred with glitches!

Clippersfan86
08-07-2012, 12:34 AM
Agreed! There is a severe lack of competition between the sporting video games and we the consumers are paying the ultimate price for it! Just as you said, without the proper competition these gaming companies seem to not care if the game is rushed, flawed, and marred with glitches!

Yup..

Rake2204
08-07-2012, 10:01 AM
Perhaps someone else can post the link, because I am unable to right now, but I caught wind in the past few days of a Live guy stating his crew was working extremely hard to get their game to beta. I'm not well-versed in the video game creation arena, but some folks seem to have suggested that a game fighting just to get to beta at this point might mean trouble for meeting their October 2nd release date.

I'm not entirely sure I agree. I believe competition can often be a great thing, but I don't think the present lack thereof affects NBA 2K as much as many people think it does.

For starters, 2K (and companies in general) are not robots without foresight. Contrary to the NFL, the NBA video game license is not exclusive. To me, even if Madden football creators really did devise an intentional plan to keep their game sucking from year to year, they'd at least have the comfort of knowing they are the only people who can make an NFL game.

From NBA2K's standpoint, I'd like to think it's fully understood that just because NBA Live was down last year (and the year before, and the year before that) it's still possible for a rival game to step in and leave their mark, cutting in to 2K's sales. And again, I know companies make questionable decisions all the time, but I do think it's more than possible for 2K to recognize the error of Madden's ways and to take the proper steps in avoiding such a stagnant approach. Further, I think good workers are typically good workers. If a programmer is someone committed to their craft, I don't think they're going to need competition to push themselves to concentrate harder on their creation.

I think one of the bigger benefits of competition is not the increased will of perfection from each gaming company, but innovation. More basketball games means more ideas thrown into the ring, which means more opportunity for other games to take those ideas, tweak them, and turn them into their own. Sometimes it ends up being a train wreck, as NBA 2K4 (after the admirable 2K3 simulation sequel to 2K2) attempted to copy NBA Live's "freestyle arcade" approach and failed miserably. On the flip side, 2K's likely been influenced by Live's right-stick dribbling and signature gathers. Then, in the recent years, Live was likely influenced by 2K to attempt to claw their way to being a true simulation themselves (and subsequently ended up in no-man's land).

So, I guess my point is, competition isn't always to the benefit of both games. It's possible for 2K to thrive and continue to grow and innovate without Live. I expect 2K13 to be quite telling. As I've said in a couple of different threads, it was revealed early in 2K12's release that 2K was in the process of re-writing all their online code, code that dated back to the Dreamcast age (a move, ironically enough, that may have been spurred by the lack of a competitor last year, thus allowing for some real under-the-hood treatment). With me knowing nothing about how coding works for online gaming, it sounds as if it was a giant undertaking that wasn't able to be finished in one sports game development cycle. As such, contrary to what many gamers believe, I actually feel as though 2K13 has a good chance of providing an online experience better than any they've been able to provide in the past, assuming two years may have in fact been enough time to straighten all online aspects out and perhaps re-introduce the modes they removed to allow for the initial online re-structuring (which bugged out even with a skeleton list of online features). Of course, I'm only going off the small amount I've been able to read. I will say though, the fact their 2KShare YouTube uploads have begun working quickly and seamlessly in 2K12 seems to be a good sign.

ThyGreatOne
08-09-2012, 12:51 AM
via http://www.pastapadre.com I read that it appears EA might go the direction of "digital only" download, if NBA Live 13 is even released at all. I personally like 2K's series better, but the online leaves very much to be desired! I got a group of three (online) and very rarely can we all get in and play the game together! But on NBA Live 10 we used to have no issues other then people doing irritating things such as repeatedly pausing the game, joining/quitting as the game started, and a few other random annoying nuisances!

Burgz V2
08-13-2012, 04:34 AM
via http://www.pastapadre.com I read that it appears EA might go the direction of "digital only" download, if NBA Live 13 is even released at all. I personally like 2K's series better, but the online leaves very much to be desired! I got a group of three (online) and very rarely can we all get in and play the game together! But on NBA Live 10 we used to have no issues other then people doing irritating things such as repeatedly pausing the game, joining/quitting as the game started, and a few other random annoying nuisances!

its probably because they are rushing to finish the game and wont be able to make enough copies and ship them globally in time for Oct 2nd.

instead they pretend like they are "ahead of the curve" :facepalm

this game is going to be a bust i can feel it, but i will still probably get it because I've always been a Live fan.

chips93
08-13-2012, 10:23 AM
I like 2K12 a lot but after months of owning it... I have to say it doesn't have the same replayability of previous games from 2K or Live. The fact that I'm forced to play minimum of 20-30 of the My Player games a season is absurd. I should be able to simulate as much as I want.. otherwise it starts to feel tedious as hell.

yeah this really annoyed me

or if there was say a team that i wanted to play, that wasnt a key match-up, and i would have to play every game between now and then to play it.

LJJ
08-13-2012, 10:46 AM
yeah this really annoyed me

or if there was say a team that i wanted to play, that wasnt a key match-up, and i would have to play every game between now and then to play it.

Yeah. 2k in general seems to have a problem making their game as accessible and convenient as possible for the players, while that is a traditional strong suit of EA.

Everytime I popped the new version of Live in, I was always shocked at how much better the UI and framework of EA's game was. The basketball itself always lacked a lot of depth, but everything else was better.

I've always considered the 2k-Live dynamic to be that 2k's developers are autistic geniuses while Live's are more like used-car salesmen. 2k makes something intricate and high quality, but they don't understand at all what their customers want. EA knows exactly what you want to see, and uses that knowledge to sell you a flawed, shitty product. That's also the reason why it took so long for 2k to destroy the NBA live series, despite delivering consistently far superior basketball gameplay year after year.

Heavincent
08-21-2012, 12:57 PM
Gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbM9gBZBe7A&feature=player_embedded

http://789chan.org/cwc/src/134468060861.gif

GOBB
08-21-2012, 01:11 PM
Gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbM9gBZBe7A&feature=player_embedded

http://789chan.org/cwc/src/134468060861.gif

:roll: Clippersfan gonna be at midnight release with backpack

Heavincent
08-21-2012, 01:25 PM
Ah shit it got taken down by EA.

To anybody that didn't see it: It looked like complete shit. Like just as bad as Elite 11.

CelticBaller
08-21-2012, 01:30 PM
Looks like shit.

Cherry Picker
08-21-2012, 01:34 PM
looooool are we in 2012 ?
Looking at that video it looks like we are in 2006 with that shit gameplay

Heavincent
08-21-2012, 01:37 PM
looooool are we in 2012 ?
Looking at that video it looks like we are in 2006 with that shit gameplay

That's pretty generous actually. NBA 2K6 for the 360 blows this game away. It seriously looks a lot like NBA Live 03. Maybe worse.

Rake2204
08-21-2012, 01:47 PM
Another link... for now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W-Ax3gaY_k

Also, rumors once again abound that this game may just be a digital download.

niko
08-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Looked awful. Everyone skating around.

jaydacris
08-21-2012, 02:59 PM
oh my gawd, that is hilariously terrible!! :lol

EA keeps taking down the video, but luckily people keep uplaoding them
haha

Rose
08-21-2012, 05:07 PM
oh my gawd, that is hilariously terrible!! :lol

EA keeps taking down the video, but luckily people keep uplaoding them
haha
I haven't seen it yet.:cry: :cry: :cry:

Burgz V2
08-21-2012, 05:44 PM
http://kotaku.com/5936592/it-lives-heres-10-minutes-of-gameplay-from-nba-live-13

you are welcome.

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

looks like nba live 2006 lmaooo

Clippersfan86
08-21-2012, 06:29 PM
:roll: Clippersfan gonna be at midnight release with backpack

I thought I was buying Live based on disappointment with 2K last year. Live looks/sounds like shit this year after we've seen material and 2K looks amazing. I don't get the joke. Live looks atrocious when I said couple weeks ago when I realized Live has been silent for 2-3 months.

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-21-2012, 07:33 PM
Shit looks like 2K on Ps2 :roll:

Clippersfan86
08-21-2012, 07:40 PM

Yea I'm seriously appalled by the lack of effort. It's expected though following an embarrassing 3 month silence about the game.

Heavincent
08-21-2012, 08:21 PM
Yea I'm seriously appalled by the lack of effort. It's expected though following an embarrassing 3 month silence about the game.

They still haven't broken that silence. This was a leak and EA didn't want this to happen.

They know the game is trash so I bet their plan was to not release any info what so ever and hope that some poor suckers would buy it.

Rose
08-21-2012, 08:35 PM
that's kinda sad.:lol

okay it's pretty ****ing sad.

ace23
08-21-2012, 09:08 PM
It literally looks worse.

Dudes just skating all over the place. Every movement looks unnatural. :facepalm :roll:

This stunt reeks of an intentional leak on EA's part to judge how people react.

If people like the video? Great!

If everyone agrees that it sucks? Oh, it was a pre-alpha build! Don't worry!

It's a low-risk way of finding out how people feel before they make a big investment with the game.
^

ace23
09-01-2012, 12:27 AM
They're selling it on the PS Store/XBL Marketplace for $20 :roll:

jbot
09-02-2012, 01:38 AM
i watched the vid the other day. looks horrible and pre-dated.

Rake2204
09-13-2012, 08:29 PM
Guys good news! The official trailer was released today!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RgJeKTQxj0

Rake2204
09-13-2012, 08:30 PM
Guys bad news. The game was delayed indefinitely today.

http://kotaku.com/5943075/nba-live-13-is-basically-delayed-although-this-trailer-suggests-it-hasnt-been-canceled

Cherry Picker
09-13-2012, 08:37 PM

http://kotaku.com/5943075/nba-live-13-is-basically-delayed-although-this-trailer-suggests-it-hasnt-been-canceled
http://i41.tinypic.com/5wwe8l.jpg

SourPatchKids
09-14-2012, 01:05 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5fhxaC8f91rs05l5o1_500.gif

ballup
09-14-2012, 11:56 AM
The LIVE team should consider taking more time off before they release another edition. Another year to make a decent product to today's standards and 2 if they want to actually compete with 2K.

CelticBaller
09-14-2012, 07:04 PM
Guys good news! The official trailer was released today!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RgJeKTQxj0
:oldlol:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Finn T-Mac
09-17-2012, 08:35 AM
If someone passes 2k and goes out and buys Nba Live 13, all I can say is :facepalm

BuffaloBill
09-17-2012, 01:15 PM
They're selling it on the PS Store/XBL Marketplace for $20 :roll:

The funny thing is that it's not even worth 15

BuffaloBill
09-17-2012, 01:15 PM
How the mighty have fallen

UtahJazzFan88
09-27-2012, 04:30 PM
Cancelled. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Clippersfan86
09-27-2012, 04:38 PM
No surprise. I'm bummed because I predicted a big come back and was wrong. 2K really went for the jugular the last 3 years and humiliated Live. Just give up and stop getting people excited only to show a shitty product and cancel every year :facepalm .

Mr. I'm So Rad
09-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Just watched that gameplay and trailer again. So bad. Players look like they were built with cookie dough. Westbrook has Dwight Howard shoulders and Kristy Yamaguchi skating skills on the court.

Heavincent
09-27-2012, 05:02 PM
lol EA sucks dick.

ace23
09-27-2012, 08:07 PM
:roll:

CelticBaller
09-27-2012, 08:20 PM
Knew this game was going to suck since it was announced

Dear EA, stick to football :oldlol:

Heavincent
09-27-2012, 08:47 PM
Dear EA, stick to football :oldlol:

2K is better at that too.

RaininTwos
09-27-2012, 10:36 PM
:cry:

Qwyjibo
09-27-2012, 11:01 PM
It would take an incredibly good product and accepting the fact that sales just won't be good the first time around for EA to get back into NBA games. The 2K series has a huge established fan base and is better than the Live series ever was. Some competition (pressure) would be good but it's not like gamers are pleading for another NBA game option.

Rake2204
09-28-2012, 12:29 AM
It would take an incredibly good product and accepting the fact that sales just won't be good the first time around for EA to get back into NBA games. The 2K series has a huge established fan base and is better than the Live series ever was. Some competition (pressure) would be good but it's not like gamers are pleading for another NBA game option.I definitely still believe there's an open opportunity for any gaming company willing to put in the proper time and effort (perhaps even EA). Gamers might not be pleading for another NBA game option, but they weren't really around 2000 either (as 2K arrived). Sometimes it's just a matter of someone busting through and redefining what we thought a basketball game could be. And with a new console generation popping up sooner than later, I think the opportunity could be there for someone. And maybe it'll just be 2K redefining things themselves.

stallionaire
09-28-2012, 05:36 AM
LMFAO **** EA bunch of hacks. Can't deliver shit . don't try to compete with 2k. they shit on you in making B-Ball game as wells as football games if they had the liscence. the jealous red-headed step child.