PDA

View Full Version : MIA aint beating OKL or SAS in 7 games series

gengiskhan
05-22-2012, 11:17 PM
lets be serious here!

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

Most NBA Finals, the better team wins if it doesn't have name "michael jordan" in their line up.

LBJ & Wade are playing some good B'ball but OKL or SAS are the teams to win it all.

Both Western conference teams are extremely well balanced, well coached (better than MIA clearly) & well benched.

MIA is 1-2-3 superstar dependent system. 3rd star is still injured. 1st & 2nd stars are carrying some heavy load scoring wise.

MIA's best bet. make it to NBA Finals again. & be runner up again.

imdaman99
05-22-2012, 11:18 PM
i think the heat could beat the spurs but not okc. this is why we need okc in the finals

the_future02
05-22-2012, 11:23 PM
lets be serious here!

Most NBA Finals, the better team wins if it doesn't have name "michael jordan" in their line up.

LBJ & Wade are playing some good B'ball but OKL or SAS are the teams to win it all.

Both Western conference teams are extremely well balanced, well coached (better than MIA clearly) & well benched.

MIA is 1-2-3 superstar dependent system. 3rd star is still injured. 1st & 2nd stars are carrying some heavy load scoring wise.

How is OKC that much different than Miami? If Westbrook and Durant dont 60-70 percent of their scoring they struggle to win. If anything LeBron being so versatile covers a lot of weakness. Against SA now way

gengiskhan
05-22-2012, 11:24 PM
i think the heat could beat the spurs but not okc. this is why we need okc in the finals

If Bosh is back & completely healthy, MIA has legit chance of beating both SAS or OKL in 7 games series.

Chris Bosh brings that Balance MIA is seriously missing.

Till then, MIA might match up well with SAS. I dont think they'll beat them 4 out of 7 games.

TheFan
05-22-2012, 11:29 PM
Im not a big fan of Miami, but they are my favorites... you can't just stop them both(Wade and Bron)...

Last season it took a super hot team like Dallas to get the job done... A lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place...

Miami at 100% win the finals in 5 or 6 games.

swi7ch
05-22-2012, 11:30 PM
This isn't a surprise considering Bosh is out. Heck, MIA might not even win this series!

NumberSix
05-22-2012, 11:31 PM
da f--k is OKL?

28renyoy
05-22-2012, 11:33 PM
How is OKC that much different than Miami? If Westbrook and Durant dont 60-70 percent of their scoring they struggle to win. If anything LeBron being so versatile covers a lot of weakness. Against SA now way

Harden can score 30 on any given night, and create his shot unlike Bosh. Also OKC has a very good front court that can dominate the glass when they need to. And OKC as a whole is a better passing team as well

Taking into consideration that Wade/LeBron are redundant, I really see nothing Miami does better than OKC. OKC is Miami on steroids

Deuce Bigalow
05-22-2012, 11:34 PM
It's OKC dumb****

EnoughSaid
05-22-2012, 11:34 PM
:rolleyes: With Bosh back, and Wade and LeBron playing at the same high level? They could definitely do it.

Stuckey
05-22-2012, 11:37 PM
:rolleyes: With Bosh back, and Wade and LeBron playing at the same high level? They could definitely do it.

Bosh might be back? cool

would love to see a Lebron vs Spurs rematch

schism206
05-22-2012, 11:39 PM
Im not a big fan of Miami, but they are my favorites... you can't just stop them both(Wade and Bron)...

Last season it took a super hot team like Dallas to get the job done... A lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place...

And SA isn't super hot right now? :confusedshrug:
IF they dispatch of the Thunder fairly quickly, I'd say watch out Miami. Hell, if the Thunder win watch out Miami

the_future02
05-22-2012, 11:45 PM
Harden can score 30 on any given night, and create his shot unlike Bosh. Also OKC has a very good front court that can dominate the glass when they need to. And OKC as a whole is a better passing team as well

Taking into consideration that Wade/LeBron are redundant, I really see nothing Miami does better than OKC. OKC is Miami on steroids

Yeah when hes playing Jason Terry or Steve Blake :oldlol:

EnoughSaid
05-22-2012, 11:47 PM

What the **** are you on? Harden can score 30 whenever he wants? Not with Battier or Wade on him. And then Bosh can't create his own shot? Bosh is one of the most talented offensive power forwards in the game, so how could you say that with a straight face? :facepalm

28renyoy
05-22-2012, 11:50 PM
What the **** are you on? Harden can score 30 whenever he wants? Not with Battier or Wade on him. And then Bosh can't create his own shot? Bosh is one of the most talented offensive power forwards in the game, so how could you say that with a straight face? :facepalm

Ibaka/Collison/Perkins will dominate him.

Harden averaged 18 a game vs Miami this year on 70% shooting.

Bosh on the otherhand averaged 14 vs OKC on 40% shooting.

nbaballllller
05-22-2012, 11:51 PM

LOL at your whole post

okc is the worst in the league in passing and assists

KG215
05-22-2012, 11:53 PM
They absolutely can with a healthy Bosh. OKC and Miami are essentially the exact same team. Miami's two superstars A++ game is a little better than the A++ game OKC's two superstars, and both teams have very good third options, albeit at two completely different positions. OKC might have the edge in their 4-8 guys but it's not a huge difference. Ibaka and Perkins are better than any Miami frontcourt not named Bosh, and Thabo is basically Shane Battier: a good to great defender who can get hot and hit spot-up threes. After that, OKC's bench depth isn't anything special. Fisher is very hit-or-miss, Daequan Cook doesn't give you anything unless he gets hot from three (which is very hit-or-miss) and Collison and Nazr are about the same type players as Turiaf and Anthony.

On top of that, both Miami and OKC are perimeter oriented jump shooting teams who can get bogged down offensively when forced into a halfcourt game. However, both teams can look unbeatable when they're allowed to get out and run most of the game.

Matty2Cool
05-22-2012, 11:57 PM
more concerned about okc and then celtics in finals tbh

28renyoy
05-23-2012, 12:00 AM
LOL at your whole post

okc is the worst in the league in passing and assists

That was regular season. They've been an elite passing team in the playoffs.

And OKC would sweep Miami if they don't have Bosh. Ibaka doesn't have to guard Bosh out to 18 feet and can roam the paint with Perkins. Every time LeBron or Wade went in the lane they would get their shot blocked or hammered.

miles berg
05-23-2012, 12:01 AM
Even with Bosh I can't see Miami beating the Spurs or OKC.

Upgrayedd
05-23-2012, 12:03 AM

Seriously? I think OKC could beat the Heat but the Spurs would almost definitely beat the Heat.

28renyoy
05-23-2012, 12:06 AM
Seriously? I think OKC could beat the Heat but the Spurs would almost definitely beat the Heat.

I think the Heat's athleticism/perimeter could wear down San Antonio. I see no advantages on the court for Miami over OKC.

OKC is better offensively
OKC is better defensively
OKC is the better rebounding team
OKC is better in crunch time
OKC turns the ball over less(in the playoffs)

ihoopallday
05-23-2012, 12:10 AM
We haven't even finished this series yet. :facepalm These early predictions are so stupid.

Da_Realist
05-23-2012, 12:36 AM
lets be serious here!

I think SAS is winning the title.

D.J.
05-23-2012, 12:39 AM
OKC may be a 3 man offense much like Miami, but they have good defensive bigs; something Miami greatly lacks.

tmacattack33
05-23-2012, 12:45 AM
I don't think OKC is really that much deeper than Miami.

San Antonio definitely is though.

Bigsmoke
05-23-2012, 12:46 AM
Even with Bosh I can't see Miami beating the Spurs or OKC.

The Heat already embarrassed the Spurs... twice in a row.

amfirst
05-23-2012, 01:11 AM
Miami isn't beating OKH and Spurs. Simple as that, these two team play flawless. Miami still has too much question marks. And Durant can out play LeBron when they match up, he has the length and quickness to slow down LeBron. While Durant shoots too good for LeBron to stop him. Okh has the defenders to contain Wade and offensively overwhelm him with Westbrook and Harden.

Jasper
05-23-2012, 01:37 AM
Oak won't get past a real team like Spurs....

As for Miami ... Bosh will be back , and if Oak has to play Mia = Mia wins

Spurs against Heat ... think Cav's

All Net
05-23-2012, 01:40 AM
With a healthly Bosh they certainly can but can Bosh get back to what he was?

nashwade
05-23-2012, 01:42 AM
the only way any team can beat Miami is when bosh, wade & lebron do not play at their level

if they do, no one can beat them. which team can effectively guard all SG, SF, PF positions held by all-stars?

BuGzBuNNy
05-23-2012, 01:44 AM
I think they'd have a harder time against the Spurs than the Thunder, though both would be close series imo.

comerb
05-23-2012, 01:56 AM
Probably not, but hopefully it's a good series.

Bigsmoke
05-23-2012, 02:31 AM
Miami isn't beating OKH and Spurs. Simple as that, these two team play flawless. Miami still has too much question marks. And Durant can out play LeBron when they match up, he has the length and quickness to slow down LeBron. While Durant shoots too good for LeBron to stop him. Okh has the defenders to contain Wade and offensively overwhelm him with Westbrook and Harden.

OKC is not flawless. dont be stupid.

The Spurs played the Jazz and a beaten up Clippers team.. big deal.

The Heat already shitted on the Spurs already with and without Wade on the roster.

madmax
05-23-2012, 03:02 AM

good luck at counting on Durant outplaying Lebron in the playoffs:cheers:
Lebron is playing some of his best career basketball now and I can see him peaking right on time for NBA finals...watch out for him to average 40, 12 and 9 with Wade doing his usual thang against either OKC or Spurs.

Kingwillball
05-23-2012, 03:27 AM
Lebron is playing some of his best career basketball now and I can see him peaking right on time for NBA finals...watch out for him to average 40, 12 and 9 with Wade doing his usual thang against either OKC or Spurs.

I say 32,10,8 in Finals.. :cheers:

TheMan
05-23-2012, 11:35 AM

The Spurs aren't hot right now?:facepalm

jrong
05-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Do any of you among either Heat haters or Heat fans actually think about the game beyond, "OMG, my favorite player or players are sooooo awesomeeee! He/ they gonna drop 50/30/20!" Contrary to fanboy (and media) views, no superstar, not even LBJ, sweats excellence from their pores that can wash away team flaws.

With or without Bosh, the Heat are in for a hell of a series against the Celtics. I don't see an answer for KG, and Boston won't be stupid enough to go away from their bigs, the way Indiana has, and Doc won't stubbornly stick to the same defensive schemes the way Vogel has.

Last night James made about the first jumpers he's made in the playoffs, and his TOs are uncomfortably high. Since recovering from the knee draining, Wade appears to be better, but I don't trust his body. And his FTs this postseason are abyssmal. That will cost Miami dearly against better teams.

dude77
05-23-2012, 12:05 PM
MIA has legit chance of beating both SAS or OKL in 7 games series.

impressive .. record for flip flop .. 7 minutes :oldlol:

ninephive
05-23-2012, 12:06 PM
The Heat already embarrassed the Spurs... twice in a row.
Yes, twice in a row over the course of 2 seasons...and then 10 days before that second embarrassment the Spurs embarrassed Miami. :facepalm All this is a good indicator of a SAS/MIA matchup in a 7-game series at full strength with different rosters. :applause:

dude77
05-23-2012, 12:07 PM
I expect Miami to win it all .. this is what this team was assembled for .. nothing less .. they should've won last year .. they must win this year .. major disappointment if they don't

ninephive
05-23-2012, 12:13 PM
I say closer to 22/7/7 on 35.6% shooting (69% from the line, 20% from 3) with 5.75 turnovers/game like he did the last time vs SA...with no one to share the stats..that's Finals Lebron :bowdown:

Actually, when he has to share the stats, it's more like 18/7/7 like last year vs the Mavs.

Kurosawa0
05-23-2012, 12:29 PM
I'm still picking the Spurs, but one thing that keeps me thinking that Miami has a real shot is that if they beat Indy none of the remaining teams have a center that can dominate Miami.

All the remaining teams have either non-scoring bigs or power forwards playing center. That means that Miami will have to be beaten by a team that cannot attack their primary weakness.

staywhite
05-23-2012, 01:15 PM
It all depends what kind of Lebron we get for the finals

sic
05-23-2012, 01:27 PM
looks like everyone has already counted the celtics out

swi7ch
05-23-2012, 02:06 PM
Btw, the Finals will be OKC against BOS (unless Bosh is healthy).

Anaximandro1
05-24-2012, 11:40 PM
It happened again.I'm afraid the Pacers have awakened a sleeping giant :(

Wade 41/10/5

LeBron 28/6/7

I don't know what will happen,but I feel they have too much talent to be denied again.

I hope I'm wrong

gengiskhan
05-24-2012, 11:46 PM
It happened again.I'm afraid the Pacers have awakened a sleeping giant :(

Wade 41/10/5

LeBron 28/6/7

I don't know what will happen,but I feel they have too much talent to be denied again.

I hope I'm wrong

So did CHI last year. awakened the sleeping giant.

OKL & SAS are too deep. too much smarter & screwder than IND.

IND is solid team in the making.

OKL & SAS are in post graduate program. MIA cannot screw with them.

Bosh better be 100% & play solid B'ball. His vacation is over.

All Net
05-25-2012, 01:10 AM
If Bosh returns 100%...I think they could favourites to beat SA. bur saying that Spurs would have far better depth and far better coaching so dunno...they would certainly stand a better chance than people think.

JustinJDW
05-25-2012, 11:38 AM
Spurs-Celtics Finals.

Lebron23
05-25-2012, 12:31 PM
if Bosh will return before the NBA Finals. Miami will put the greatest @$$ whooping in NBA Finals History. No more Mr. Nice Heat. The Heat just defeated the tallest team in the NBA.

JohnnySic
05-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Heat have a puncher's chance against OKC but SAS would roll them.

Kingwillball
05-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Heat have a puncher's chance against OKC but SAS would roll them.

With Wade and Lebron playing like they have and Bosh back in Fold Know one is ROLLING the HEat.. MIami KNOWS they can beat Spurs, they have more athletes and youth on their side plus they are hungry.. Only HUGE advantage Spurs have is coaching as Depth just like the Pacers wont overcome superior players..

Heavincent
05-25-2012, 01:38 PM
if Bosh will return before the NBA Finals. Miami will put the greatest @$$ whooping in NBA Finals History. No more Mr. Nice Heat. The Heat just defeated the tallest team in the NBA.

Boy are you in for a rude awakening :oldlol: Have you not been paying attention to the Western conference? The Spurs and Thunder have been absolutely demolishing the competition.

Thunder - swept the Mavs, who are probably just as good as the Pacers, if not a little better, and then beat the Lakers in 5, who are a much better team than Indiana.

Spurs - Swept the Jazz, and then swept the Clippers, who are significantly better than the Pacers. So they haven't even lost a playoff game yet :oldlol:

They might as well rename the ECF to the "Who wants to get their asses handed to them by the Spurs or Thunder?" series.

Kingwillball
05-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Boy are you in for a rude awakening :oldlol: Have you not been paying attention to the Western conference? The Spurs and Thunder have been absolutely demolishing the competition.

Thunder - swept the Mavs, who are probably just as good as the Pacers, if not a little better, and then beat the Lakers in 5, who are a much better team than Indiana.

Spurs - Swept the Jazz, and then swept the Clippers, who are significantly better than the Pacers. So they haven't even lost a playoff game yet :oldlol:

They might as well rename the ECF to the "Who wants to get their asses handed to them by the Spurs or Thunder?" series.

Indiana had the 5th best Record in the NBA..So your Wrong

Bulls
Spurs
OKC
Heat
Pacers

arifgokcen
05-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Wow i guess most of you forget how talented miami really is.Miami is 2nd best 3pt shooting team.They have by far the best defense.They probably have the two best players in playoffs.Yes this wade is better than durant.Even though durant would score around 25-30ppg,he struggled against lebron.Miami is the best team at containing a player like westbrook and one last thing neither OKC nor Spurs has anyone to contain lebron.I really doubt lebron would play like last year especially against weak defenders.

Let me ask you this
Assuming bosh is healthy,would you bet against a team like miami with wade and lebron averaging around 65-18-12.

SpecialQue
05-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Last year the Heat dominated the playoffs and then crumbled in the finals. I don't care how great they're playing now, this is NO indication of how they're going to play in the finals. All it takes is for either SAS or OKC to frustrate them, and we'll see all the delicious drama, finger-pointing and yelling that we've come to expect from the Heat. Hell, right this minute I bet the Celtics are coming up with schemes on how to fvck with Miami, and their series isn't even finished yet.

All Net
05-26-2012, 02:33 AM
If Miami make the finals and have

Lebron and Wade playing amazing
Bosh returns and playing well

would people really pick say the Spurs to beat them? be interesting.

RoseCity07
05-26-2012, 02:36 AM
Not gonna lie, I don't think Lebron is good enough to carry that team over OKC or the Spurs. If Lebron could actually make a jump shot then things might be different. OKC will just clog the paint. The Spurs will just shut Lebron and Wade down.

This is coming from someone that wants Miami to win it all. Miami needs a better point guard and a better rebounding center.

305Baller
05-26-2012, 02:43 AM
Miami will have problems against the Spurs, OKC I think they can handle.

Miami will have to play well, it's not out of the realm of possibility but I put them as underdogs. I want to see how they play against Boston if BOS makes it to the E finals.

Kingwillball
05-26-2012, 02:47 AM
Not gonna lie, I don't think Lebron is good enough to carry that team over OKC or the Spurs. If Lebron could actually make a jump shot then things might be different. OKC will just clog the paint. The Spurs will just shut Lebron and Wade down.

This is coming from someone that wants Miami to win it all. Miami needs a better point guard and a better rebounding center.

LOL, with who ?

All Net
05-26-2012, 02:52 AM
LOL, with who ?

They will make them work but won't come close to stopping them. Miami plays elite D as well so Spurs won't find it easy scoring on the perimeter

lilteapot
05-20-2015, 12:46 AM
ayyy lmao