PDA

View Full Version : SI: Bynum for Dwight Makes Sense, D-Will considering Lakers

BlackVVaves
05-23-2012, 03:06 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/05/23/howard.bynum/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t12_a0

First things first, there's the Andrew Bynum pre-qualifier to deal with.
A half block away from the sparkly new Amway Center in Orlando, Fla., on West Church Street, there is a Bank of America. There are nine more banks and investment firms on the other side of Interstate 4, just two blocks away from where the Lakers' center might play someday.

Bynum, after all, was the one who, while discussing his uncertain basketball future at this year's All-Star weekend in -- of all places -- Orlando, flippantly and famously said "there's a bank in every city." So now that we know the Magic fit that bill, and in light of the recent rumblings that Orlando center Dwight Howard still wants out even with the ousting of general manager Otis Smith and coach Stan Van Gundy, it's time to again raise the question of whether the most logical trade in the NBA rumor mill should be revisited. In a word: yes.

The Bynum-for-Howard deal needs to go down.

Much has changed for both teams since earlier this year, when trade talks about this scenario never progressed, in part because neither Howard nor Lakers star Kobe Bryant seemed ready to give up his alpha dog status. Despite the fact that the Lakers were on Howard's list of teams to which his agent, Dan Fegan, was given permission to explore a trade leading up to the March deadline (the others being New Jersey/Brooklyn and Dallas), sources close to Howard made it clear that the Lakers' inclusion was more of a leverage play than it was an actual statement that he would sign a long-term extension there.

"He wants to be Kobe Bryant," one source close to Howard told me in late February, "not be with Kobe Bryant."

Meanwhile, Bryant, according to numerous sources who spoke with Howard, sent a not-so-subtle message to the Magic big man that he would be welcome as long as he was willing to play third fiddle behind Kobe and power forward Pau Gasol. So the trade talks never heated up and Howard, after much vacillation, eventually exercised his $19.5 million option for next season.

But the dynamic has changed, and it's one of shared desperation at this point. Both Howard (whose Magic have lost in the first round two consecutive years, the latest with him sidelined because of back surgery) and Bryant (whose Lakers have back-to-back second-round exits) need each other now more than ever. Howard, 26, an eight-year veteran, is still searching for his first title, having fallen to Bryant's Lakers in his only NBA Finals appearance, in 2009. The 33-year-old Bryant, defiant, as always, at the end of the loss to Oklahoma City and well aware that Father Time just got louder still, must know deep down that he'll never get that sixth ring to tie Michael Jordan as long as this Lakers group remains the same.

As for Bynum? After the Lakers' Game 5 loss to the Thunder, Bynum -- whose $16.1 million team option for next season is expected to be picked up -- said of signing a possible extension with the Lakers, "I'm not sure. It really doesn't matter to me. I'll play anywhere."
Bynum later said that he preferred to stay with the Lakers, but his inconsistent play and increasingly sour attitude -- both publicly and privately -- make you wonder if he doesn't want out. He has been blunt and opinionated more than once this season, highlighting the Lakers' lack of ball movement, balance and dedication to playing inside-out while unofficially turning the spotlight on Bryant and his ball-pounding ways in the process.
According to one Lakers source, Bynum -- despite posting career highs in points (18.7), rebounds (11.8) and shot attempts (13.3) -- grew more vocal about his frustrations as the season wore on and was more prone to "acting out."

"He's getting worse," the source said.

That shouldn't come as a surprise considering the company he keeps. No one dominates an offense like Bryant. He was the runaway league leader with 23 field-goal attempts per game (Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant was second at 19.7), even as he shot his lowest percentage (43.0) since 1997-98 and worst three-point percentage (30.3) since 2001-02. The gap in shots between Bryant and the team's second-leading shot-taker (Gasol) was a league-leading 8.9 attempts, with only Minnesota coming close (8.7 difference between Kevin Love and Michael Beasley), Milwaukee ranking third (5.3 between Brandon Jennings and Drew Gooden) and the NBA average just 2.7.

Bynum, 24, could be freed and fed in Orlando. And Howard, whose dream of joining the hapless Nets is in limbo because of the looming free agency of friend and Nets point guard Deron Williams, could be part of a legitimate contender again while becoming the pre-eminent star of the Lakers' next generation. It's unclear whether the Magic would require more than Bynum in return for a three-time Defensive Player of the Year and former MVP runner-up. But barring a change of heart from Howard, Bynum may be their best chance at salvaging this situation.

The next few months will reveal plenty about both teams. The Magic's determination to keep Howard played a late part in Smith's and Van Gundy's dismissals this week, as sources said both men recommended that Howard be traded in the days leading up to their exits. Their shared view clashed with that of CEO Alex Martins, who, according to sources, remains confident that Howard can be persuaded to stay yet again. If not, however, then the likelihood is that teams that didn't appeal to Howard before -- like the Lakers, and perhaps even Chicago -- might become more acceptable.

For the Lakers, Williams could be a possibility if Howard is not. A source close to the three-time All-Star said he would be interested in joining the Lakers, though it would have to be via a sign-and-trade deal. (Lakers point guard Ramon Sessions, who was acquired from Cleveland at the trade deadline, has a $4.5 million player option for next season.) The source said Williams' preference, however, is for the Nets to improve the roster sufficiently enough that he can feel good about staying put rather than fear a repeat of this season, when they finished 22-44. As for Dallas, which sacrificed its best chance to defend the title by preserving salary-cap space last summer in anticipation of this free-agent class, the source said of the Mavericks: "There's no longevity there." If owner Mark Cuban can clear enough space to sign a worthy sidekick for Williams, though, then maybe he'd join his hometown team after all.

Gasol might very well be the big man on the move as opposed to Bynum, too. The 31-year-old still has very good value around the league, though the fact that he has two years and $38.3 million left on his contract could scare away the many teams that will be trying to shed salary in preparation for the more punitive luxury tax that begins after next season.
There's a bank in every city, but good luck banking on what's next for the Lakers or Magic. The smart money, as I see it, is for the Howard-Bynum swap to happen.

Interesting read. Alot HAS changed since March. The question is, has enough changed to make Dwight desperate enough to play in the city the player he is accussed of imitating made his name. Also, if I were the Lakers, I would turn all my attention to D-Will if he truly is considering LA a permament destination.

DTreats
05-23-2012, 03:08 PM
Nets won't be good for another 5-7 years so why D-Will would waste his time there is beyond me, he doesn't owe them anything.

It'd be nice to see him join either Dallas or the Lakers.

R.I.P.
05-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Like the Lakers without Gasol are any better than the Mavs.

scm5
05-23-2012, 03:16 PM
Bynum and Metta for Dwight and Hedo

Pau and Sessions (S&T) for Dwill (S&T)

TPE + pick for Ariza

Resign Odom for mini-MLE.

Resign Barnes.

Exercise option on Jordan Hill.

Dwill/Blake
Kobe/Ebanks
Ariza/Barnes
Odom/Hedo
Dwight/Hill

R.I.P.
05-23-2012, 03:17 PM

TPE + pick for Ariza

Resign Barnes.

Dwill/Blake
Kobe/Ebanks
Ariza/Barnes
Odom/Hedo
Dwight/Hill

I have a better idea. Lakers for Team USA 2012. Done.

chazzy
05-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Hopefully Prokhorov panics and does a sign and trade for Gasol because he doesn't want to lose Deron for nothing :lol

BlackVVaves
05-23-2012, 03:21 PM

TPE + pick for Ariza

Resign Barnes.

Dwill/Blake
Kobe/Ebanks
Ariza/Barnes
Odom/Hedo
Dwight/Hill

That team goes out in the second round again when the Thunder come to town. Lakers need 3pt shooters if they are going to have an assetive big man in the paint, whether Dwight or Bynum, and athletes on the wing. YOUNG athletes on the wing. Durant would light Ariza up.

And, Ebanks at shooting guard? The man with no jump shot is going to be backing up Kobe as the shooting guard off the bench?

:facepalm

scm5
05-23-2012, 03:21 PM
I have a better idea. Lakers for Team USA 2012. Done.

It's not like any of my trades are unrealistic.

Orlando wants to dump Hedo with Dwight. Bynum and Artest is probably the best offer they'll get.

Pau and Sessions is probably the best offer the Nets would get for Dwill, and this honestly is a pretty good trade for them.

NOH has come out and said they would like to trade Ariza. Not sure if any other team would give value for Ariza. A salary dump + pick might be what NOH would like most.

Odom for the mini-MLE seems entirely possible considering how he left Dallas... in full Laker attire.

scm5
05-23-2012, 03:23 PM
That team goes out in the second round again when the Thunder come to town. Lakers need 3pt shooters if they are going to have an assetive big man in the paint, whether Dwight or Bynum, and athletes on the wing. YOUNG athletes on the wing. Durant would light Ariza up.

And, Ebanks at shooting guard? The man with no jump shot is going to be backing up Kobe as the shooting guard off the bench?

Deron and Hedo are pretty decent shooters. Ariza was decent when he was with us.

Ebanks at SG mostly because he has length and his midrange is not bad. He might improve more in the offseason.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-23-2012, 03:24 PM
How about this:
Gasol, MWP & Sessions go to Houston
Lowry, Buddinger, Marcus Morris go to Brooklyn
Deron and Wallace go to LA?

....or something like that?

Upgrayedd
05-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Howard, Kobe and D-Will? :bowdown:

BlackVVaves
05-23-2012, 03:30 PM
How about this:

The premise makes sense. I've been saying that you Lakers fans should be more vocal on aquiring Gerald Wallace. He's an upgrade at the 3 in every single way possible over Artest. Not worth a lottery pick (the Nets are really some dumb ****s...ONLY Top 3 protected lottery pick for a player that may opt out? :wtf: ), but exactly what the Lakers need at SF.

Houston, well Mchale, is obsessed with Gasol (really ANY competent big in the league) so I definitely see Houston listening to that conversation.

Question is, would the Nets give up both Gerald Wallace AND D-Will. It COULD happen if Wallace told them he was straight out going to opt out, so he opts in to be included in the S&T. Otherwise, Nets would have to be getting back an extra piece.

Upgrayedd
05-23-2012, 03:33 PM
If the Lakers get Dwight Howard and Deron Williams you can probably expect Phil Jackson to be sitting on the bench again.

BlackVVaves
05-23-2012, 03:35 PM
If the Lakers get Dwight Howard and Deron Williams you can probably expect Phil Jackson to be making a phone call.

I doubt they'll get both. Even if they do, the rest of that starting lineup is going to be weak as hell. Ebanks at SF? Hill at PF? Good luck LA.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-23-2012, 03:36 PM
The premise makes sense. I've been saying that you Lakers fans should be more vocal on aquiring Gerald Wallace. He's an upgrade at the 3 in every single way possible over Artest. Not worth a lottery pick (the Nets are really some dumb ****s...ONLY Top 3 protected lottery pick for a player that may opt out? :wtf: ), but exactly what the Lakers need at SF.

Houston, well Mchale, is obsessed with Gasol (really ANY competent big in the league) so I definitely see Houston listening to that conversation.

Question is, would the Nets give up both Gerald Wallace AND D-Will. It COULD happen if Wallace told them he was straight out going to opt out, so he opts in to be included in the S&T. Otherwise, Nets would have to be getting back an extra piece.
My assumption there is that, IF Brooklyn were going to trade DWill, then they are rebuilding with the young guns (Lopez, Marshon Brooks, Anthony Morrow) and would therefore want more young guns.
I suppose the Nets are going to make their best offer for Dwight Howard. If they don't get him, then Deron will leave. We shall see.

pegasus
05-23-2012, 03:37 PM

TPE + pick for Ariza

Resign Barnes.

Dwill/Blake
Kobe/Ebanks
Ariza/Barnes
Odom/Hedo
Dwight/Hill

That'd be nice.:applause: The shooters that the Magic has surrounded Howard with are/were better, but where did that take them? This team would be much better balanced, and have not one but two capable closers, and several defensive forces.

OKC-LAL in the WCF would be awesome (:sleeping on the Spurs).

BlackVVaves
05-23-2012, 03:42 PM
IMO, it comes down to the draft. If the Nets get a Top 3 pick and are thus able to keep it, then if and when Orlando says no to the Dwight trade in July, Nets are trading D-Will. They didn't give up Favors, who they were big on, for two lottery bound seasons and nothing to show for their year and a half rental of D-Will. They will be content on selling the "Building our young talent" to the new fans in BK, and get back some players that will help get a couple wins here and there.

D12"Magic"
05-23-2012, 03:44 PM
Laker fans keep dreaming :roll:

DuMa
05-23-2012, 03:45 PM
laker fans jizzing at offseason rumors :oldlol:

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-23-2012, 03:56 PM
IMO, it comes down to the draft. If the Nets get a Top 3 pick and are thus able to keep it, then if and when Orlando says no to the Dwight trade in July, Nets are trading D-Will. They didn't give up Favors, who they were big on, for two lottery bound seasons and nothing to show for their year and a half rental of D-Will. They will be content on selling the "Building our young talent" to the new fans in BK, and get back some players that will help get a couple wins here and there.
yup. Exciting young players. Besides, DWill is not a big ticket. Folks are not lining up to see him. Great player, but not necessarily a great draw (except to the extent that the team wins games).

Upgrayedd
05-23-2012, 03:58 PM
yup. Exciting young players. Besides, DWill is not a big ticket. Folks are not lining up to see him. Great player, but not necessarily a great draw (except to the extent that the team wins games).

Williams is only one of the top point guards in the league. He was huge in Utah, would be huge if he stayed in Brooklyn and on the Lakers people would love him. He's absolutely someone people would go see play.

KOBEtherealKing
05-23-2012, 03:59 PM

TPE + pick for Ariza

sign Gerald green.

Dwill/Blake
Kobe/Green
Ariza/Ebanks
Odom/Hedo
Dwight/Hill

lakers shouldn't resign Barnes but sign Gerald green. Fixed.

Droid101
05-23-2012, 04:00 PM
Yep. The Lakers have NEVER turned some useless players into good ones via trade. Never happened.

chazzy
05-23-2012, 04:01 PM
It would be cool if Deron signed with the Pacers.

D12"Magic"
05-23-2012, 04:02 PM
Yep. The Lakers have NEVER turned some useless players into good ones via trade. Never happened.
Sessions and World Peace for Deron ?:oldlol:

Sarcastic
05-23-2012, 04:04 PM
Delusions of grandeur.

Upgrayedd
05-23-2012, 04:04 PM
Sessions and World Peace for Deron ?:oldlol:

Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol... :roll: ...oh wait.

Sarcastic
05-23-2012, 04:05 PM

Did the Nets hire Jerry West recently, or any other former Laker?

D12"Magic"
05-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Yes, because we all know the Nets would want to open up Brooklyn with Ramon Sessions. Lets stop being delusional here.

DTreats
05-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Yes, because we all know the Nets would want to open up Brooklyn with Ramon Sessions. Lets stop being delusional here.
So you're gonna open with MarShon Brooks and Brook Lopez?

Haymaker
05-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Kobe's albatross contract won't let them build a better team around him than the one he has right now. If I were the Lakers I would seriously consider talking to Kobe about trading him and see if he agrees.

DTreats
05-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Kobe's albatross contract won't let them build a better team around him than the one he has right now. If I were the Lakers I would seriously consider talking to Kobe about trading him and see if he agrees.
That's beyond stupid, please be realistic.

Kobe is one of the greatest Lakers of all time, plus his huge contract would make trading him near impossible.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-23-2012, 04:09 PM
lakers shouldn't resign Barnes but sign Gerald green. Fixed.
Green sucks. He is good for the occasional highlight dunk. Poor outside shooter. Poor defender.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Both Bynum and Gasol can bring back significant talent.
Also, they have a trade exception if they want to use it.

D12"Magic"
05-23-2012, 04:12 PM
Green sucks. He is good for the occasional highlight dunk. Poor outside shooter. Poor defender.
He has really improved and one of the main reasons is because his mid range game improved significantly. Can be a nice spark off the bench if he continues to be serious about himself.

Haymaker

Kobe is one of the greatest Lakers of all time, plus his huge contract would make trading him near impossible.

Realistic? This is a lucrative business, anything can happen.

Sarcastic

Kobe to Brooklyn for Deron Williams.

Bynum + Gasol for Howard + Hedo.

Asiantastic
05-23-2012, 04:17 PM
Kobe to Brooklyn for Deron Williams.

Bynum + Gasol for Howard + Hedo.

:biggums:

Sarcastic
05-23-2012, 04:22 PM
:biggums:

You get Deron and Dwight. They want to team up. What's the problem with that?

Haymaker
05-23-2012, 04:24 PM
You get Deron and Dwight. They want to team up. What's the problem with that? It's hard for a Kobe obsessed fan to accept the reality of LA moving on without Kobe, just the way they moved on without Shaq and many other Lakers greats. :facepalm

Sarcastic
05-23-2012, 04:25 PM
It's hard for a Kobe obsessed fan to accept the reality of LA moving on without Kobe, just the way they moved on without Shaq and many other Lakers greats. :facepalm

They should give him a 20 year contract then. Let him be in LA till he is 53.

General
05-23-2012, 04:28 PM
It's hard for a Kobe obsessed fan to accept the reality of LA moving on without Kobe, just the way they moved on without Shaq and many other Lakers greats. :facepalm

Kobe is the greatest Laker of all time, it's not hard to see why most Laker fans would want to see him retire there.:confusedshrug:

Asiantastic
05-23-2012, 04:28 PM

I understand that, but the Lakers would never realistically trade Kobe. Not to mention his no trade clause.

And trading both Bynum and Gasol for Howard and Hedo? Bynum's value is close to equal to Howard's, especially now that almost the entire league along with the Magic organization itself despises him. In the past, Howard has said that he would love to play with Gasol, so if the Lakers intend to push for him, they would need to either keep Gasol or get Williams to come over. Chances are, Gasol is an important piece in a Williams trade.

But honestly at this point, its all speculation. I just want to see Mike Brown gone and someone along the likes of Jerry Sloan coaching.

General
05-23-2012, 04:30 PM

Kobe, Dwight, and Deron is a better team than just Dwight and Deron?:confusedshrug:

Whoah10115
05-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Wallace has opted out. He will not be involved.

The Lakers do not get Deron and Wallace for Pau and randoms. They can get Deron, but not both.

Getting Lowry is terrific for Brooklyn.

People have to stop including MWP in these trades. A team as dumb as the Magic might do it. Maybe a team as stupid as Brooklyn sees the BQE and thinks bringing in Queensbridge is the way to go. But just about no other team is interested in Artest. That's an amnesty. Lakers gonna have to use it on somebody.

ashlar
05-23-2012, 04:32 PM
laker fans jizzing at offseason rumors :oldlol:

And you're still a moron. Some things don't change.

Sarcastic
05-23-2012, 04:32 PM
I understand that, but the Lakers would never realistically trade Kobe. Not to mention his no trade clause.

And trading both Bynum and Gasol for Howard and Hedo? Bynum's value is close to equal to Howard's, especially now that almost the entire league along with the Magic organization itself despises him. In the past, Howard has said that he would love to play with Gasol, so if the Lakers intend to push for him, they would need to either get Gasol or Williams to come over. Chances are, Gasol is an important piece in a Williams trade.

But honestly at this point, its all speculation. I just want to see Mike Brown gone and someone along the likes of Jerry Sloan coaching.

Bynum's value is no where near Howard's, despite all the antics with the front office. Did you happen to see Bynum's antics in the playoffs, and his piss poor attitude toward the team? Do you really think GMs are dying to get his immature self on their team?

And Gasol's value is just about completely depleted. He is old, and makes a ton of money over the next few years. He rate of decline is speeding up, not slowing down. The Lakers need to dump his salary ASAP.

Sarcastic
05-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Kobe, Dwight, and Deron is a better team than just Dwight and Deron?:confusedshrug:

You might as well include Kevin Love for your PF, and Anthony Davis for your young guy on the bench if you are gonna dream that big.

LABean
05-23-2012, 04:35 PM
They should give him a 20 year contract then. Let him be in LA till he is 53.

A Laker team with a 53 year old Kobe would still be better than the Knicks. :lol

Asiantastic
05-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Bynum's value is no where near Howard's, despite all the antics with the front office. Did you happen to see Bynum's antics in the playoffs, and his piss poor attitude toward the team? Do you really think GMs are dying to get his immature self on their team?

And Gasol's value is just about completely depleted. He is old, and makes a ton of money over the next few years. He rate of decline is speeding up, not slowing down. The Lakers need to dump his salary ASAP.

Bynum has showed the league of what he could do this season and that certainly brought him closer to Howard. I agree that his antics do lower his value, but I noticed that he usually became sloppy whenever Kobe began his chuckfests or whenever he didn't get his way. I'm assuming that's because he wasn't the #1 and didn't really have any authorization in the huddles. Being on the Magic team, he'd be the #1, and having grown a year older, we can only hope that he matures and realizes that it's not just a game anymore.

And yeah, Gasol is depleted and old. During this years playoffs he only took jumpshots which really pissed me off because he does have terrific postwork, but he just turned back to his soft old self. I have no problem with him being shipped out, but hopefully for someone of equal value.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-23-2012, 04:45 PM

Yes, GMs ARE dying to get Bynum on their team. It is now clear that he is the 2nd best center in the league. He was an All-Star. He is only 24 years old. Quality centers are very rare. Yes, they want him.

BlackVVaves
05-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Wallace has opted out. He will not be involved.

The Lakers do not get Deron and Wallace for Pau and randoms. They can get Deron, but not both.

Getting Lowry is terrific for Brooklyn.

People have to stop including MWP in these trades. A team as dumb as the Magic might do it. Maybe a team as stupid as Brooklyn sees the BQE and thinks bringing in Queensbridge is the way to go. But just about no other team is interested in Artest. That's an amnesty. Lakers gonna have to use it on somebody.

Think this is the first post I've ever agreed with you upon. Good work :applause:

I concur that it was a long shot for the Lakers to get Wallace through a trade. Though I maintain Lakers fans should be more vocal in acquiring him.

Amnestying Artest is the way to go IF a suitable replacement that can at least make it harder than easy for Durant to score, and doesn't spend half the season shooting under 25% from outside the 3 point line.

Since amnestying Artest still wouldn't allow the Lakers to outright sign someone to a 8-9 million contract anyway, it may make more sense for them to use him in a trade and amnesty Blake's contract, which is somehow on the books for 2 more years. :facepalm For all the praise you Lakers fans give Mitch, he sure has made some dumbass moves since the Gasol trade.

G-Funk
05-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Remember whe Laker fans were dreaming about Cp3 & Dwight and it nearly became a reality if it wasnt for crook sterns veto??

Mr Know It All
05-23-2012, 04:56 PM
So Dirk Nowitzki in the tail end of his prime, coming off a Finals MVP and one of the most dominant playoffs performances of all time, isn't a worthy sidekick for Deron Williams?

BlackVVaves
05-23-2012, 05:04 PM
So Dirk Nowitzki in the tail end of his prime, coming off a Finals MVP and one of the most dominant playoffs performances of all time, isn't a worthy sidekick for Deron Williams?

A few sources seem to think so. Or rather, Deron rather spend 10 years playing with a Dwight or Bynum, than 3-4 years playing with a productive Dirk.

I'm sure Dirk's off year, and the Mavs pretty much being a skeleton of a team sans Dirk and their dream of Deron returning to Dallas this summer has given him reasons to falter.

We won't know until we know.

bsyde82
05-23-2012, 05:06 PM

someone mentioned it earlier - Deron wants a sidekick for the long run. Not sure how many elite years Dirk has left. And not like the rest of that squad is young either.

WeGetRing2012
05-23-2012, 05:07 PM
Like the Lakers without Gasol are any better than the Mavs.

:lol :lol

Are you serious?

WeGetRing2012
05-23-2012, 05:11 PM
There was a lot of talk last year how the Wolves were offering anyone but Rubio & Love for Gasol. A three team trade with the Wolves is the best option to bring Deron to LA.

Nets get Derrick Williams & 18th pick from Minny

Lakers get Wes Johnson & Deron Williams

Wolves get Gasol

And in another trade the Lakers do a sign & trade for Beasley and absorb his contract with the Lamar TE. I don't know if the Lakers have any 1st round picks in 2013 but if we do we throw that in.

Then sign Lamar for 2yrs/2mil

I don't think we move Bynum unless for Dwight and he doesnt want to play here. GOOD!

Williams/Sessions/Morris
Kobe/Wes/Goudelock
Artest/Ebanks/Eyenga
Lamar/Beasley
Bynum/Hill

Bandito
05-23-2012, 05:13 PM
What the Lakers need is consistent 3pt shooters to be good again. I think the team is good enough...

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-23-2012, 05:13 PM
Magic fans and all other fans should forget about throwing any freaking horrible contracts of theirs on the lakers head.

With the new cba...the lakers are not going to take back Hedo/J Rich/Nelson

no way....It has to be Bynum for Howard straight up....

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-23-2012, 05:15 PM
There was a lot of talk last year how the Wolves were offering anyone but Rubio & Love for Gasol. A three team trade with the Wolves is the best option to bring Deron to LA.

Wolves get Gasol

And in another trade the Lakers do a sign & trade for Beasley and absorb his contract with the Lamar TE. I don't know if the Lakers have any 1st round picks in 2013 but if we do we throw that in.
So the Wolves give up Wes Johnson, Derrick Williams and the 18th pick for Gasol? Seems a bit much, dontchathink?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-23-2012, 05:19 PM
So the Wolves give up Wes Johnson, Derrick Williams and the 18th pick for Gasol? Seems a bit much, dontchathink?

if you ask me its not enough...please stop underrating Pau Gasol....he will be on the low post in Minny where he will again avg 22/11/4

I would want Derrick Williams/Pekovic/18th pick +Wesbster for salary purposes

its a fair value

WeGetRing2012
05-23-2012, 05:21 PM

But a core of Love/Rubio/Gasol would make them a much better team. Wes was rotting on the bench this year. Rick Adelman sounded really disappointed in his young players this year and told the front office they have to be aggressive with trades and in free agency. And they would still have cap room after the trade.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_20472348/timberwolves-rick-adelman-seeks-quick-talent-upgrade

"If we can add a couple of veterans, a big-time scorer and a defender, it will help us tremendously," Love said Tuesday. "We have the money to spend. I'm sure people know we have the makings of something special here. We have valuable assets on this team. You never know what can happen, but I'll definitely be lobbying for our team."

BlackVVaves
05-23-2012, 05:21 PM

Wolves get Gasol

Then sign Lamar for 2yrs/2mil

I don't think we move Bynum unless for Dwight and he doesnt want to play here. GOOD!

Williams/Sessions/Morris
Kobe/Wes/Goudelock
Artest/Ebanks/Eyenga
Lamar/Beasley
Bynum/Hill

Blake has two years left on his contract. So if anything, he would have the back up role, and Sessions would be wearing another jersey next year.

The SF position is still filled with players who can't shoot for shit.

What's the fascination with Laker fans and Odom? Unless Pau is still in town, I don't see the addition of Odom curing any of your current problems. Bynum needs a stretch 4 that is confortable lurking on the 3 point line. Much like Horry did for Shaq all those years ago.

Although, it's not like he'd pass the ball anyway. He rather shoot over a triple team

:oldlol:

BlackVVaves
05-23-2012, 05:24 PM
if you ask me its not enough...please stop underrating Pau Gasol....he will be on the low post in Minny where he will again avg 22/11/4

I would want Derrick Williams/Pekovic/18th pick +Wesbster for salary purposes

its a fair value

:roll:

Please don't troll my thread, the discussion was fine until this. No way T-Wolves trade a center that was beasting this year, a top 10 rookie this year, AND a pick for Pau. You don't REALLY believe that man :oldlol:

WeGetRing2012
05-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Blake has two years left on his contract. So if anything, he would have the back up role, and Sessions would be wearing another jersey next year.

The SF position is still filled with players who can't shoot for shit.

What's the fascination with Laker fans and Odom? Unless Pau is still in town, I don't see the addition of Odom curing any of your current problems. Bynum needs a stretch 4 that is confortable lurking on the 3 point line. Much like Horry did for Shaq all those years ago.

Although, it's not like he'd pass the ball anyway. He rather shoot over a triple team :oldlol:

Blake will most likely be amnestied

We need another defender in the starting lineup and Deron,Kobe,and Odom are all great shooters. Whats with this obsession with a shooter at the SF :confusedshrug:

Odom is exactly what we would need at that position a stretch 4 who can pass and rebound while not taking up room in the post. The Lakers won our 2 rings with Odom playing that position.

And this is what Sessions said yesterday in his exit interview..

[I]

Whoah10115
05-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Think this is the first post I've ever agreed with you upon. Good work :applause:

I concur that it was a long shot for the Lakers to get Wallace through a trade. Though I maintain Lakers fans should be more vocal in acquiring him.

Amnestying Artest is the way to go IF a suitable replacement that can at least make it harder than easy for Durant to score, and doesn't spend half the season shooting under 25% from outside the 3 point line.

Since amnestying Artest still wouldn't allow the Lakers to outright sign someone to a 8-9 million contract anyway, it may make more sense for them to use him in a trade and amnesty Blake's contract, which is somehow on the books for 2 more years. :facepalm For all the praise you Lakers fans give Mitch, he sure has made some dumbass moves since the Gasol trade.

You've agreed with me before.

I like Ron Artest playing PF. He can guard plenty of them. He opens up the floor. It's better than him guarding Kevin Durant.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-23-2012, 05:33 PM
:roll:

Please don't troll my thread, the discussion was fine until this. No way T-Wolves trade a center that was beasting this year, a top 10 rookie this year, AND a pick for Pau. You don't REALLY believe that man :oldlol:

lol so keep the pick...dont care for it....Pek + D Williams have to be in any trade....

Gasol's valye is dipped but not that bad...

BlackVVaves
05-23-2012, 05:43 PM
You've agreed with me before.

I like Ron Artest playing PF. He can guard plenty of them. He opens up the floor. It's better than him guarding Kevin Durant.

Have I? I must have you confused with another poster then.

Yes he can guard some of the 4s in the league, but would that be practical? Considering his main advantage this year offensively was backing down smaller threes, Artest, who lacks a reliable outside game, would have to resort to trying to beat big defenders off the dribble. Have you seen Artest try to drive to the basket? It ain't pretty :no:

Lakers would be better off finding a way to get Beasley, and then have him come off the bench and spending the majority of his time on the court at the 4 while Bynum is at the 5.

Also, if they do find a way to get D-Will, they had better find a player he can execute the pick and roll with. Otherwise they are just hindering his effectiveness. For that reason, Bynum for D Will, and keeping Pau at the 5 would be desired. Lakers got to the finals 3 straight times through Kobe and Pau pick and roll. D-Will would perfect that play with him.

Jimmy2k8
05-23-2012, 06:28 PM

Please be realistic. Kobe isn't leaving LA and is going to stay a Laker until he retires.
And no, he won't agree to a trade.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-23-2012, 06:57 PM
Also, if they do find a way to get D-Will, they had better find a player he can execute the pick and roll with. Otherwise they are just hindering his effectiveness. For that reason, Bynum for D Will, and keeping Pau at the 5 would be desired. Lakers got to the finals 3 straight times through Kobe and Pau pick and roll. D-Will would perfect that play with him.

If that's the case, then how about Bynum/Sessions/Ebanks/Jordan Hill for DWill/Lopez?

AMISTILLILL
05-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Remember whe Laker fans were dreaming about Cp3 & Dwight and it nearly became a reality if it wasnt for crook sterns veto??

The same Stern who reportedly rigged the Kings series in your teams favor during the 2002 Playoffs? That crooked Stern? Sounds to me like you owe him a bit of praise, chief.

It works both ways. You can't defame the 'powers that be' then bite the hand that feeds... the early '00s Lakers owe the league for gifting them favorable calls and no-calls (see; Mike Bibby's softball sized knot on his forehead from a Kobe Bryant elbow... no call).

In the end, both claims are heresy and likely bogus. Get over it.

Droid101
05-23-2012, 07:21 PM
The same Stern who reportedly rigged the Kings series in your teams favor during the 2002 Playoffs? That crooked Stern? Sounds to me like you owe him a bit of praise, chief.

It works both ways. You can't defame the 'powers that be' then bite the hand that feeds... the early '00s Lakers owe the league for gifting them favorable calls and no-calls (see; Mike Bibby's softball sized knot on his forehead from a Kobe Bryant elbow... no call).

In the end, both claims are heresy and likely bogus. Get over it.
Why don't you go back and watch game 5 of that series, boyo.

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-23-2012, 07:22 PM
I doubt they'll get both. Even if they do, the rest of that starting lineup is going to be weak as hell. Ebanks at SF? Hill at PF? Good luck LA.
Yeah, because if the Lakers acquire D-Will & Dwight, they MUST win a championship in 2013 or it'll be a huge failure. Fck outta here with your hating asss.

BlackVVaves
05-23-2012, 07:28 PM
Yeah, because if the Lakers acquire D-Will & Dwight, they MUST win a championship in 2013 or it'll be a huge failure. Fck outta here with your hating asss.

And here come the emotional Laker fans :oldlol:

AlexanderRight
05-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Kobe is the greatest Laker of all time, it's not hard to see why most Laker fans would want to see him retire there.:confusedshrug:

http://airstre.am/dopamine72/Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

G-Funk
05-23-2012, 09:03 PM
http://airstre.am/dopamine72/Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

:facepalm Hey Lakers fans we should let this Bobcat fan decide who the GLOAT should be... :oldlol:

Funnyfuka
05-23-2012, 10:30 PM
If the Lakers get Dwight Howard and Deron Williams you can probably expect Phil Jackson to be sitting on the bench again.
you ****ing retard, pjax can barely walk by himself ... He s never coming back as a coach. Stop being a moron.

Also kobe will never ever be traded. Pau and bynum are gone, though.

disel
05-24-2012, 12:14 AM
How about this:

What will the Rockets do with Scola?Unless gasol starts at the 5?.